Magnus the Red-Handed (MARS Pit Fighter PCO)

Savage Tales from the Lowest Levels of Chi-Town
GM: John Smith
Magnus

Magnus the Red-Handed (MARS Pit Fighter PCO)

Post by Magnus »

Rolls
MARS PCO (Prize Fighter)
F&G
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:0[/dice:3v81wt9r] Agile and Dexterous
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:1[/dice:3v81wt9r] Spiritual and Determined
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:2[/dice:3v81wt9r] Weapon (Thunderer retrapped as Combat Vambrace w/2 Minor Mods: +1 Parry, +1 Fighting)
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:3[/dice:3v81wt9r] Strong and Powerful

HJ
Training [dice:3v81wt9r]44617:4[/dice:3v81wt9r] = Imp. Martial Arts + Brawler
Underworld [dice:3v81wt9r]44617:5[/dice:3v81wt9r] Assassin and gets +2 to offset Called Shot penalties
Training [dice:3v81wt9r]44617:6[/dice:3v81wt9r] = Choice: +5 Skill Points for combat stuff

Rich/Filthy Rich
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:7[/dice:3v81wt9r] Armor Plating (Trade)
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:8[/dice:3v81wt9r] Reinforced Frame
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:9[/dice:3v81wt9r] Choice: Nano-Repair System
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:10[/dice:3v81wt9r] Armor Plating (Trade: Cyber-Wired Reflexes)
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:11[/dice:3v81wt9r] Booster Jets (Trade)

EP buys x2
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:12[/dice:3v81wt9r] Reinforced Frame
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:13[/dice:3v81wt9r] Armor Plating (Trade: Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring)

Juicer Gear
[dice:3v81wt9r]44617:14[/dice:3v81wt9r]x100 (1,000 )

Trait and Skill breakdown
Agility d8 (d4 + 1d F&G +1d cyber)
Smarts d6 (d4 +1d starting)
Spirit d8 (d4 +1d starting +1d F&G
Strength d12+2 (d4 +1d starting + 1d F&G +4d cyber)
Vigor d8 (d4 +2d starting)

Skill Points: 15 base +5 (PCO) +5 HJ
Fighting d12 (7)
Intimidation d8 (3)
Knowledge: Battle d4 (1)
Notice d6 (2)
Persuasion d6 (2)
Shooting d8 (3)
Stealth d8 (3)
Streetwise d6 (2)
Taunt d6 (2)
Alternate Pic
DD1D9DE6-09B7-48FC-95EE-7493D6FD2D10.jpeg
DD1D9DE6-09B7-48FC-95EE-7493D6FD2D10.jpeg (67.56 KiB) Viewed 5794 times
Big pic
FA00CDE0-1420-4C0C-956E-4C7013BE69F7.jpeg
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d10
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 20 (6); Strain: 12/16
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Elan, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)
Magnus

Re: Magnus the Red

Post by Magnus »

Character Sheet
Player Name: James
Google Handle: tribeof1
Name: Magnus the Red

Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Personal Concept - Cybered Prize Fighter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 21 (6); Strain: 12/16
Skills:
  • Fighting d12+2
  • Intimidation d8+2
  • Knowledge (Battle) d4 (d8 with chip)
  • Notice d6
  • Persuasion d6
  • Shooting d8
  • Stealth d8 (d12 with chip)
  • Streetwise d6
  • Taunt d6+2
Edges/Abilities
  • Ambidextrous: No penalty for using off-hand
  • Assassin: +2 damage when striking a foe unawares
  • Brawler: +2 damage when fighting bare-handed
  • Brawny: +1 Toughness, carry 8 times Strength without penalty
  • Elan: +2 when using a Bennie
  • First Strike: Once a turn get an immediate, free attack on a foe that moves into melee range.
  • Frenzy: Take an extra melee attack but all attacks are at -2
  • Level Headed: Draw two cards for initiative and take the highest
  • Martial Artist: +d4 damage when fighting bare-handed and doesn't count as unarmed
  • Rich, Filthy Rich: Total of 25,000 credits and 5 rolls on the Cybernetics Hero’s Journey Table
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Intimidation and Taunt and +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Tests of Will
  • Two-Fisted: Ignore MAP when attacking with a weapon in each hand
  • Upgradeable: Can install an additional 6 Strain worth of cyberware

Hindrances/Complications:
  • Greedy (Minor): "Throw a fight? Sure, long as I get my cut. But, you know, we could make a lot more money if we say I'll throw the fight, and bet accordingly ..."
  • Overconfident (Major): "That ogre, Trogdor? I can take him in two rounds. But you're gonna have to buy me new gloves -- I hear he brushes his teeth with toilet water."
  • Vow (Minor) - Owes a debt to Black Benny: "Yeah, yeah, I got it -- $5,000 on the first of the month, plus an extra thousand for that shitbird I punched last time. How was I supposed to know he was Benny's nephew?"
Cybernetics:
  • Bionic Strength Augmentation (x4): Vat-grown muscle fibers and alloyed tendons (+4d Strength)
  • Cyber-Wired Reflexes: Cybernetic nervous system enhancements (+1d Agility)
  • Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring: Mnematic reflex triggers (+2 Fighting)
  • Nano-Repair System: Nanobots heal damage and repair synthetic systems (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)
  • Reinforced Frame (x2): Metal and kevlar skeletal lacing (+4 Toughness)
  • Subject Matter Expert Port: With a +2d skill chip for Knowledge: Battle
  • Wired Skill Port: With a +2d skill chip for Stealth
Last edited by Magnus on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 20 (6); Strain: 12/16
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Elan, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Background

Magnus took a swig of rusty-tasting water and spit it onto the concrete floor. His teeth were stained crimson when he grinned.

"I hope you got some kinda exit plan, 'cause we got two more rounds of this and then someone's gonna kill us both," Twinkle says, his left eye blinking in time with his obviously elevated heart rate.

"Not sure I follow," Magnus says, rolling his neck and shaking out his shoulders so the cables and synthetic tendons crack, sweat dripping off his exposed skin and onto the blood-stained floor.

"Not sure ...! Oh, come off it with that cleverer-than-thou shit. You told Black Benny you'd go down in the 8th round, then turned around and told the Rooks you wouldn't let Conrad knock you out. You ain't let him land a punch for the last two rounds, so there's no way he's gonna get you with points."

Magnus keeps smiling as he wraps half-an-inch of wet cord around both fists, then nods at the fat elf with clipped ears refereeing the match.

"That was probably a dumb thing for me to do, huh?" he says, as the bell rings for the next round and the Liar's Den fills with the drunken shouts of a couple hundred spectators thirsty for blood.

Thirty seconds later he's got Conrad on the ground in the center of the ring, right hand wrapped around the bastard's thick neck while he raises his left for a hammer-blow. He pauses for the crowd, and it's just enough time for Conrad to roll clear as Magnus's steel-knuckled fist smashes a six-inch hole in the concrete.

Magnus turns, blocking Conrad's punch with his right arm as he jabs his left into the other man's hip. They circle, Conrad turning to protect that side, which Magnus has been battering since the third round.

Magnus smiles his big smile, mocking the other fighter, a washed-out Coalition grunt with the build and coloring of a polar bear.

"Too dumb even for a Dead Boy, eh Connie?"

Head down and snorting like a bull, Conrad charges. Backpedaling, Magnus steps left and lets him fly past ... then puts his own heel in the concrete hole he'd punched earlier. He throws his arms out for effect, then braces for the moment of blackness when his titanium-lined skull strikes the pavement.

"That was smart shit, you know, but stupid. The Rooks are gonna be good and pissed, you know that? They may not be able to do anything right away, seeing as you technically kept your word, but ... well, you know the drill. Avoid dark alleys and friendly women," Serge says, as Twinkle runs an IRMSS over Magnus's bloody skull. "Anyway, your cut's 20k. You wanna keep it, or apply it to your account with Benny?"

Magnus grimaces as the IRMSS appears to have a brief disagreement with his own nanites, before the two sets of knitter-bots work out some kind of mutual agreement and get back to work patching his head.

"Give me a thousand, for walking-around money, and put the rest on my tab," he says, shaking Serge's hand as the plain-looking enforcer leaves.

Twinkle scowls, the motion pulling the skin tight around his scarred left eye, the malfunctioning optics blinking at a more regular rate now.

"Probably oughta think about laying low for a few days, eh brother? Maybe skip that match at the Pit this weekend ..." he says, already knowing the answer he'll get.

"Skip it? Nah, the Rooks won't try anything there, that's Candy Man's turf. And the pot's 100k -- can't skip that," Magnus says, standing and heading for the shower.

"Yeah, it's 100k 'cause it's full contact! No shooters, but a vibro-shank to the head'll dead you just as quick!"

Magnus just shakes his head, pointing to the half dozen scars on just one side of his rippling torso.

"A shank? Really, Twinkle? You were with me when I got half my 'ware installed. You think a little vibro-pricker is gonna put me down? Magnus the Red-Handed? Besides, every ..."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. 'Every hole is just another excuse to upgrade.' But every one of them upgrades puts you further in the shit with Benny. And he ain't exactly looking out for your best interest."

"Twinkle, come on. We won -- I mean, I lost, but it got us paid. Now go clean up so we can get a drink. Maybe head over to Tina O's. I know she doesn't like me, and I heard she got her hands on some hooch from Level 12 that won't strip the sealant off your pipes."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Gear

Juicer Assassin Plate Armor +6 Armor, +1 Toughness, d10 Str Min; Basic comms with 5-mile range, light sensitive visor offsets illumination penalties by 2 and +2 vs. blinding attacks.

Bandito Arms Branaghan Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item): Nothing says "badass" like a long black trenchcoat, preferably one with a couple of blood-stained bullet holes patched with electrical tape. The entire coat is lined with (relatively) lightweight armor padding with plates over the shoulders and torso (often concealed under the fabric). It offers 8 small but usable internal pockets (four on each side).
  • +1 Toughness
  • Multiply Load Limit by 1.4 (or 2.0 if combined with Brawny)
  • No Minimum Strength Requirement (10 lbs.)
NG Super Laser Pistol: Range 15/30/60; Damage 2d6+2; ROF 1; AP 2; Shots 20; Weight 8; SA; Two spare E-clips.
  • Integrated grenade launcher: Range 12/24/48; 3d8; ROF 1; AP 8; Shots 6; Weight .25 each; Mega Damage, SBT; Loaded with AP grenades; has 12 spare rounds
Custom Combat Vambrace (retrapped NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer): Damage Str+1d10+3d6; Weight 14; AP 0; Mega Damage; Must be reloaded after 8 strikes; +1 Parry, +1 Fighting. 16 spare rounds.

Vibro-Sword: Damage Str+d10; Weight 9; AP 4, Mega Damage.

Dragonbane Blade (Patron Item): "This old thing? Some shitbird from the Green Devils stuck me with it outside the Den. Lucky for me he missed anything that would have been expensive to replace and got it tangled up in that ballistic mesh they weave through your ribs after they do the bone-lacing. He got a whisky bottle through his throat and I got to keep the knife.
Damage: Str+2d6+2, Mega Damage, AP 4
Magic Features
  • Dragon Slayer: Does normal damage to all creatures except dragons and sea serpents, to which it inflicts +1d6 damage and ignores armor.
  • Eternally super-sharp armor piercing blade: Weapon never dulls.
  • No Min Str (1 lb.)
NG-S2 Survival Pack: Weighs 30 lbs. Contains just about everything needed for basic survival, including:
  • Two-person tent, insulated to −40 degrees Fahrenheit. Water collection extends water supplies by 20%
  • Insulated sleeping bag
  • Flashlight with concealed pocket knife, miniaturized solar panels
  • Biometric compass/inertial mapper (+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation)
  • Short-range radio, 5 mile range
  • First aid kit (+1 to Healing, 3 uses, 300 credits to refill)
  • Hunter/fisher kit with line, hooks, etc. for fishing and trapping (+1 to Survival checks to gather food)
  • Three saw wires and two ring handles
  • Fire starter with solar-powered ignition cell and flint sparker (with six extra flints)
  • Survival knife
  • Small hatchet
  • Wooden cross
  • Four signal flares
  • Climbing kit with 30 feet of lightweight cord, climbing gloves, four ceramic spikes, and small mallet
  • Bar of soap and sterilized cloth
  • Canteen
  • Two weeks worth of survival rations in sealed pouches
Credits: $4,500 (Have not split money from here yet.)

Contacts:
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Advances
Fortune & Glory
  • (4) Agile & Dextrous +1d Agility and Ambidexterity
  • (12) Choice: Spiritual and Determined +1d Spirit and Strong-Willed
  • (1) A Mighty Weapon Combat Vambrace (retrapped Thunderer Combat Hammer, +1 Parry, +1 Fighting)
  • (12) Choice: Strong and Powerful +1d Strength and Brawny
Hero’s Journey
  • Training (5) Martial Arts and Brawler edges
  • Underworld & Black Ops (18) Assassin and +2 to offset Called Shots
  • Training (19) Choice: +5 skill points for Fighting, Shooting or Throwing
Rich + Filthy Rich
  • Cybernetics (17) Armor Plating (traded)
  • Cybernetics (2) Reinforced Frame
  • Cybernetics (19) Choice: Nano-Repair System
  • Cybernetics (18) Armor Plating (traded for Cyber-Wired Reflexes)
  • Cybernetics (9) Booster Jets (traded)
Extra HJ rolls bought with EP
  • Cybernetics (3) Reinforced Frame
  • Cybernetics (18) Armor Plating (traded for Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring)
Advances
  • Human: Level-Headed
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Frenzy, Upgradeable
  • PCO: Rich
  • PCO: Filthy Rich
  • Novice 1 Advance: Two-Fisted
  • Novice 2 Advance: +1d Vigor
  • Novice 3 Advance: Elan
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: First Strike
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: +1d Vigor
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Magnus

Re: Magnus the Red-Handed (MARS Pit Fighter PCO)

Post by Magnus »

Q4 2018: +4 XP, reset bennies

Q1 2019: Bonus 5 XP from interlude

End of Q1 2019: 4 XP. Took Elan.

End of Q2 2019: 3 XP. Took First Strike

Q3: August Interlude: +1 XP; End of Quarter: +4 XP
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter

Return to “Level 4: Shattered Dreams”