Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:44 am

Milk Run
An introductory P&O Adventure for Shattered Dreams.

Harris LaVode’s fixer, Skip, is pulling together a team for a job that pays pretty well. A rare autographed copy of J.D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye - a pre-Rifts book of some importance to Rouge Scholars and learned types - is about to hit the streets. Rumor is scholars are worried about the CS getting their hands on the book and destroying it. The Fixer has lined up a buyer for the object in Lazlo, and needs the team to snatch the manuscript from a low level fence before it disappears into some collector's vault. He's offering a ten percent “finders fee”.

Lenny Brockton, a small time fence, is hosting a private auction of the book at his Back Alley Gallery on Level 4. The Back Alley is a low rent art gallery, that is really a front company, with poor security. Guards are a mix of juicer wannabes and Army types who washed-out of basic training, the latter group all being human.

Unfortunately, the group quickly finds out that not all is as it seems...

Covert Challenge: Major Issue
Sebastian “Sebby” Shock, a well known art dealer, is one of the buyers and has his own plans for the manuscript. “Sebby” is a heavy hitter in the Black Market and doesn’t take kindly to people sticking their noses into his business. He's brought a lot of extra security with him making getting in unseen a heck of a lot harder than Skip lead you to believe.
Details
  • Situation Modifier: -4 Penalty, if failure Team Leader is “On the Run,” gaining Enemy (Minor) or Wanted (Minor)
  • Challenge Skills: Computers, Electronics, Investigation, Notice, Stealth, Streetwise, Lockpicking
  • Card Description: A relatively big problem unexpectedly crops up, causing any roll made by the team dealing with this Challenge to be made at –4. They might encounter stronger security than anticipated, or they’ve been spotted by someone who thinks he knows them and is trying to figure out how. If the roll is failed, the Team Lead suffers the same penalties as listed under Disaster!
Covert Challenge: Interference
As if having some competition on the job isn't bad enough the I.S.S. has put a cordon around the area. It's pretty lax and they don't seem to be looking at the Back Alley Gallery specifically, more like just a general "show of force". However, having local law enforcement around means taking a lot of extra precautions.
Details
  • Situation Modifier: -2 Penalty
  • Challenge Skills: Computers, Electronics, Investigation, Notice, Stealth, Streetwise, Lockpicking
  • Card Description: Something delays the heroes—a guard passing by at the wrong moment, a technical glitch, an overly-talkative stranger—causing them to suffer a –2 to any roll they make.
Instructions
This is a Plans and Operations mission, adapted from the Freedom Squadron Savage Worlds setting. It basically combines quick encounters and dramatic tasks into a fun, narrative, challenge that I think fits well with play-by-post.

Parameters
  • Rounds: 3
  • Challenges Per round: 2/3/4
  • Successes Needed: 2 for each challenge (18 total)
Determine Who Does What
  • Teams: Each Challenge will need to be met by a team of players. Can only be on one team per round.
  • Team Leaders: Must use one of the challenge related skills
  • Team Members: Can add a cooperative roll using any skill (Max +4) all that is required is a good narrative reason for how that skill was used to support the primary Challenge
    roll.
  • Contacts: You can use your contacts for this mission and add them to any team, they are considered to a a d6 skill die as a Cooperative support
Make the Roll & Narrate the Results
  • Total of 1 or Less: The Enemy Leadership becomes aware that something is wrong, and the very next Challenge tackled is against the Enemy Leadership die (no matter what the conditions of the card indicate). No successes are awarded and this Challenge is failed (thus granting the GM the Risk benefits).
  • Failure: The team gains no successes towards the mission outcome, and this Challenge is failed (thus granting the GM the Risk benefits).
  • Success: The team gains one success towards the mission outcome.
  • Raise: For each raise, the hero gains an additional success towards the mission outcome. If three or more successes are achieved on a single Challenge, each member of the challenge team gets a benny.
Bonus Points: Tell a very good quality story (success or fail) and the group will earn an advance (5xp)!
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 am

Location: The Cobalt Nightclub
Time: Approximately two days before the auction.

Digit Havoc is leaning against a building across from the Cobalt smoking a cheap cigar. The nightclub's a good a meeting place as any - the mad scientist isn't keen on his new friends knowing much about him. Diggy is a couple of minutes early. While he waits, he uses his time to prepare a bug of sorts.

Every user of the intranet is monitored by the CS, and all information up- or down- loaded is recorded. The bug Diggy is putting together simply siphons off a substream of the CS feed and encrypts it for broadcasting to a device of Diggy's choosing: his field computer.

Edwin arrives precisely on time. His car pulls up, and the door automatically opens without Diggy needing to do it himself. Diggy pockets the bug and flicks his cigar out as he climbs into the car.

'Smooth, professional. This is getting off to a good start.'

"Edwin," the old man says, "Good to see you. Get us to the Back Alley Gallery. I need you to come in with me. Once I locate an appropriate terminal, I need you to cause a minor distraction. Nothing too serious we don't want to raise any red flags right before the auction."

Location: The Back Alley Gallery
Time: Approximately two days before the auction.

Edwin pulls in and parks discreetly. Digit Havoc lets Fisk enter first, and a minute later Diggy enters himself. Edwin browses the art selection while Diggy looks for a terminal. There are several options: the front desk, the back office, and directly applying the bug to the intranet inlet. It would be unfortunate if a government schmuck came by to run diagnostics over the next two days, so the inlet was out.

'Back or front, back or front...Never been an ass man myself.'

Digit signals Edwin that its go time, and he hears the serving lady say, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry.."

The receptionist doesn't like what she hears, and she gets up to investigate the commotion. Without wasting any time, Diggy uses his cybernetic hand install the bug. He quickly removes the side panel, solders the bug into position, and closes the computer up nice and pretty.

Then he takes one more moment to interface with the computer. A cable snakes out of the pinky finger of his cyberhand. It jacks into the computer, and Digit quickly runs several programs. He installs a stealth program to cover the presence of the bug's programming he installed. Then, he set the bug to transmit directly to his field comp. He set the bug to sleep until the night of the auction, further limiting its chances of discovery.

Before unjacking from the computer, he opens the video feed and removes himself and Ediwn from the feed. He also reboots the cameras to avoid them capturing their exit. Then, he walks outside and got back into the car. It was locked, but that wasn't really a problem.

Location: The Back Alley Gallery
Time: 30 minutes until the auction.
Covert Challenge: Major Issue.
Action: Electronics to create and install a bug into the Back Alley Gallery's computer network.
  • Success: +1 to the team leader's roll.
Electronics 7
Electronics: 1d8+2 = 6: 4 (-4 Scene, +2 Scholar, +4 Cybernetic Hand)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
On the scene, Digit Havoc remains outside in the car. He had already been on location once, and he did not want to risk being recognized. He taps into the local communications frequencies while he waits on the bug to activate.

"Oooh, big daddy, I like where this is going, but It'll be 20 credits to continue our conversation..."

'No! No..Disregard that signal entirely.'

'Of course, sir.'

"DEAD. I want him dead..."

'Log this frequency and record the conversation for future review.'

'At once, sir.'

"Lieutenant Beckers reporting. There's nothing out of the ordinary happening, yet."

'Log and record this frequency. Patch it through to H@V0K mobile.'

'Already done, sir.'

As CQP patches the feed through to his field computer, Diggy clicks on the H@V0Kware icon. Then he was in the network; his bug worked exactly as designed. He spent a few minutes familiarizing himself with the design of the Back Alley Gallery's network before raising his team on the comms.

Digit Havoc calls out over the comms, "I'm in. I have video and audio covered inside the Back Alley, and I have also intercepted the local ISS communications frequency. Ill monitor the situation from here until I'm needed inside."

Harris says, "Good job. Have your contact prepare to run interference with ISS."

Location: ISS Dispatch
Time: Immediately after the distraction.
Covert Challenge: Interference.
Action: Persuasion to reroute local ISS team near the Back Alley Gallery.
  • Success: +1 to the team leader's Roll
Persuasion 6
1d6-2 = 4: 6 (-2 Scene) Ace: 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Diggy calls ISS dispatch when the second team gets the distraction going. He uses his tech to make sure his call is patched directly through to his old friend Sammy's line.

Sammy answers, "ISS Dispatch, what is the nature of your emergency?"

Digit responds, "Oh, man, its real bad, ya Dig? Theres a big ruckus goin' on. I ain't from 'round here, but It's near this place the Back Alley Gallery. Oh gawd, please send someone!"

Sammy says, "Please remain on the line, sir. It sounds like some serious Havoc, but ISS is on the way. We have a force nearby. We will reroute a team to investigate."

Digit responds, "Thank you so much!"

Diggy ends his call to dispatch.

Sammy calls lieutenant Beckers, "Lieutenant Beckers. I received a call about a disturbance near your location. Several others have reported similar. Your team is the closest, could you send some units to investigate?"

Lieutenant Beckers responds, "Damnit, Sam! I've got an operation to run. Send someone else."

To which Sammy replies, "Negative. The closest unit is 10 minutes out, and they're dealing with another disturbance."

Lieutenant Beckers says, "Fracking level 4. Right, on it Sam."

Location: The Back Alley Gallery
Time: Minutes after the distraction.
Covert Challenge: Interference.

Diggy hears lieutenant Beckers say over ISS comms, "Grimes, Elliot. Dispatch needs us to respond to a disturbance. Take your partners and check it out. Make it snappy, I want you back in 10, tops."

There is a flurry of activity among the ISS team, and several ISS are diverted to the disturbance.

'Good ol' Sammy came through again.'
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Edwin does some pre-showtime dealing - +2 to the lead roll
Streetwise
1d8-4 = 1: 5
Benny EE with Elan and prior
1d6+3 = 8: 5

WD Streetwise
1d6-4 = -2: 2
Morning Before Showtime

This rogues' gallery...we're short at least one or two. And the old man might keel over in the middle of everything. Edwin Fisk mulls over the results of the last skull session. He didn't like some of the seat-of-the-pants aspects of this deal. Still, it was work, and even the best plans need backups and contingencies. He decides to take matters into his own hands. Earlier in the day, he makes a trip to Sutley's place to arrange an extra body. More bodies can't hurt.
He concludes his networking, with a reminder from Jaina that he owes her dinner and a drink. "It's happening soon, doll. Let me get these next few jobs under my belt, and we'll see if I can't get us out of Level 4 for a night." In reality, mixing business with pleasure was a terrible idea and only very rarely did it not blow up in his face. His rules are in place for a reason. Never mess where you eat.

The Ride

The night arrives. Fast Eddie is never late. If he says he'll be there at 7:04 PM, you could set your chronometer by it. He pulls up and sees the familiar old man and his possessed cyber-hand. He hits the auto-open, and the door swings wide, allowing Digit Havoc to enter the vehicle. "Digit. Thank you for not smoking in the car. We're on time as planned." He nods as the Back Alley Gallery is confirmed as the destination, and shudders within himself at the slight change of plans. "Coming in, you say?" He lets out the slightest sigh. The alterations are already popping up. He matter-of-factly lodges his objection. "Tweaking the plan is a bad start, but I guess it's part of the package on a run like this. Fine. What do you have in mind?" With little fanfare, the sleek black street machine pulls off into the night, the two occupants hashing out a slightly modified strategy.

The Ruse

Fisk mills around the lobby, inspecting the art, but only as a ruse to keep casing the room. His contingency plan struts her way around the hall, carrying drinks to the thirsty patrons. When Diggy gives the high sign, Edwin scratches his finger down the bridge of his nose. A full tray of drinks spills as the girl "accidentally" runs into one of Sebby's goons. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" The brute's face screws up in rage, and without a thought (he probably does his best thinking after he goes to sleep) he lunges towards the waitress. Fisk steps in quickly. "Hey now! Easy, big guy! What are you gonna do? Work over a serving girl because you shop at big & tall? Come on. Relax."
The mountain of muscle, though, has no intention of relaxing. "Bitch got me all wet! Gonna give her summa the same!" By now, all heads are turned their way.
Fisk pushes back a little on the bruiser. "Listen, guy. You look like you can handle yourself. Whatever you got installed isn't shorting out right now, so maybe you didn't just get KO'ed Magnus the Red-style by a drink? Walk it off." He turns to Sebby. "Fella, this the type of thing you let go down? Bad for appearances here, no? Let's class the place up a bit. Have him calm down. Here. Here's the contact for the woman who cleans my suits. It's on my tab."
Shock sizes up the offer, brushes the arm of his bodyguard, and nods the other way. The brute manages to calm down. Edwin nods at the competing buyer, then leans down to help his accomplice up off the floor. He says nothing, but gives her a sly squeeze on the arm as he picks her up to her feet. "You alright, doll?" She gives him a look of acknowledgement and moves on about her evening.
The Stretch Play

"Twenty thousand!" Edwin calls out. He's got a piece of Golden-Age junk on the block. A copy of some magnetic video reel, That's So Raven. More an accent piece than anything of real value, but Temperance had given the signal that this particular buyer was drooling over it and had the means to finalize the buy. He coolly played the third bidder, helping Temperance stall this guy's purchase. He grinned within himself. Good work, girl. Perfect play here. Every bid seemed to take five minutes as Fisk sold the idea of a conflicted buyer weighing his pocketbook. If this doesn't buy them all the time in the world, they aren't working fast enough.
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:03 am

Spellcasting 6; +1 to lead roll
+1 shotgun
Spellcasting 1d10+1 = 6: 5
Wild 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Chi-Town/Level 4/Back Alley Gallery
Night
Round 0

Distraction

Zeke crouched on a rooftop that had a good view of the entrance to the Back Alley Gallery and the street. He watched a large black car pull up and drop off someone in an expensive suit and with a lot of extra security. “That wasn’t expected.” The ISS had also shown up and were slowly putting up a cordon. “And that is going to cause problems.”

Zeke looked to Harry LaVode, who was leading the overwatch team. “I might be able to give them something more interesting to do than stand around bored,” he said, standing, He pulled down the faceplate of his Cannonball Armor. He ran along the rooftops, leaping over the narrow spaces between the close-packed buildings. About three alleys down, right before the next intersection, he paused as some yelling caught his attention. He smiled. There was always some idiot.

In the alley below, some ganger was threatening a woman. He had her pinned against the wall with one hand, the other scrounging through her purse. Zeke knew she likely didn’t have much in there. No one on Level 4 did. That would just make the ganger mad and likely to extract his price in other ways from the woman.

Zeke moved to the rickety steel stairs that switchbacked down the building and jumped, using the stair landings to slow his fall until he hit the alley. The ganger turned, startled.

“I would suggest you let the lady go,” Zeke said from behind his faceplate.

The ganger glared. “Oh yeah? What if I just gut her?” he asked, yanking out a vibroknife.

Zeke froze. Keep his attention on you, not on hurting her. He circled, forcing the man to shift away from the woman to follow.

“How cute. You brought a knife to the magic show.”

“Magic show? The fuck you talkin’ ‘bout?”

“Ma’am, you might want to close your eyes.” Zeke extended his hand and lightning crackled in the palm. The ganger’s eyes widened in shock and fear just a second before Zeke blasted him with electricity. His body jerked and he collapsed to the ground. The woman gave a little shriek.

“Well, that should have been sufficiently flashy,” Zeke noted. “Ma’am, the ISS is about a block down, if you want to inform them about this.” He propped the banger against the wall and pulled out his shotgun. Runes along the barrel glowed white-blue as he charged it, and the woman ran off.

More magic blasted out from the shotgun and encased the ganger in ice, imprisoning him against the wall. Zeke pulled his own vibro-knife and carved a V in the ice and then made his escape back up the metal stairs to the roof. He leapt along again and was soon crouching beside Harry once more as he watched the ISS commander talking with the wildly gesticulating woman.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 am

Location: Chi-town / Level 4 / Back Alley Gallery
Time: Immediately after Distraction
Covert challenge: Interference
Action: Keeping watch over team

Once they are within 2 blocks of the meet, Joey gets out the car and hoofs it to an alley near the gallery. The alley in which he decides to hole up in is apparently a fairly well known one to the homeless of the area. ”This could work. If need, I can try to get these guys to stampede or cause a ruckus of some kind.” Joey takes a moment to try to come up with something, at the same time as activating his vast array of sensory inputs.

Taking a sniff of the air, letting his radar map the area. With his eye, Joey tries to count and tag the ISS and personal security agents on scene. Once done he tries to establish a link with the team, via radio. ”Joey is position. Eyes and nose on alert. So far, so good.”

Notice 1d6: 6
+2 smell / +2 cyber / +2 optics (sight) / +2 psychic sense to detect SN

ace roll - 1d6: 4
Wild Roll - 1d6: 6
wild ace roll - 1d6: 5
Last edited by Joey aka: Fat Joey on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Temperance
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Temperance » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:06 pm

At the Cobalt
The plan seemed simple enough. She and Fisk taking Face duties in the auction, Digit providing technical cover and Kincaid to spirit the book away while nobody was looking. Team 2 on overwatch making sure the party wasn't prematurely disturbed by ISS or anyone else for that matter. What could possibly go wrong? Well for starters, all the other players in the auction were an unknown quantity. Lots of variables there, potentially nasty surprises. Temperance didn't like those kind of surprises. Knowing the territory and the opposition was the first step in making sure things ran as smoothly as possible.

"I'll take a look around, ask a few questions, someone must know who may be interested in the book, other than ourselves. Would be just our luck to rock up and find another team working the same angles but from the opposite end."

She looked across at Fisk, the wheelman annoyingly still wearing shades in the club, making his reactions a little more difficult to read. "I presume you're responsible for plan B, and also possibly C & D too if we need to get out of there in a hurry. What's the emergency evac?"
A night on the town
Temperance headed out into the night. She thought the plan could work, but she needed information. Systematically she trawled all the bars and low dives in the district. Buying drinks, making deals, promises of deals, occasionally flirting, trying the gather as much information on the auction and the likely bidders as possible. Knowledge is power they say, and by that measure, Temperance always liked to be the most powerful person in the room.
Task Roll
Streetwise: 1d6: 5, Wild: 1d6: 3, Benny for Extra Effort 1d6: 1,
Total= 6 +2 -4 = 1 Success - + 1 on Lead Task Roll
Armed with a list of probable buyers, Temperance spent the remainder of her time finding out all she could about each of them. What they liked, what they didn't like. who they owed favours to, who owed them favours. It was going to be an interesting night.
Night of the Auction
The little black dress hugged her figure in all the right places as Temperance moved around the crowd at the auction. It wasn't what she would ordinarily choose to wear for a smash and grab raid, but tonight she was all about style over substance, making sure that everyone in the room noticed her. She busied herself the making contact with as many people as possible. They didn't need to know why she was there, but it would do her reputation no harm at all to have them wondering.

She leaned into Fisk as their paths crossed, whispering "Hope you're ready for this" in his ear. She straightened up and laughed musically as if Fisk had made a joke, then winked and moved off to engage with the other buyers once more, hips swaying just a little more as she went.
Abigail "Temperance" Williams
Character Details
Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/5
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Edges: Attractive, Charismatic, Healer, Nerves of Steel, Brave, Strong Willed

Edit Signature

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 am

Taunt 9, +2 to lead roll
Skill is 1d6+2 -4 scene modifier
Taunt 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+1 = 7: 6 = Ace! 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Magnus strolls into the Back Alley Gallery looking like barbarian royalty. The jacket he is wearing was a gift from an old girlfriend, a fitted blazer that looked like brushed steel and makes his inhumanly-large muscles bulge even larger.

Careful not to make eye contact with the rest of the team, he starts chatting up the hostess, spinning a story about how he's looking for a "conversation piece" for the new, 150-square-foot res unit he just moved into.

"You should come over some time. There's enough room you can actually lie on the floor and roll around ...," he says, then spots a familiar face among the clump of grim-faced bodyguards surrounding Sebby, the Black Market made-man that was their apparent competition.

"Excuse me babe, I'll be right back," he says, grinning broadly and throwing his arms out as he walks across the the room.

"Can you believe it? Little Dickie Delgado! How are you doing, Little Dickie? Better question, how's your wife and your little sister? I haven't seen the two of them -- you know, together at the same time -- since I kicked your ass in that cage fight at Butcher's. You know, you may not know this, but your little sister is flexible as hell. She can actually touch her ankles to her ears going around from behind. And your wife -- sorry, your ex-wife -- well, you don't need me to tell you what kind of firecracker she is ..."

The grin never leaves Magnus's face despite the things Little Dickie screams at him as his bodyguard buddies hold him back, preventing a bloody melee in the rapidly-clearing corner of the auction house.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Lockpicking, Challenge 1, Lead = 12
Modifiers: -4 from scene; +4 from allies; +2 from Thief' +2 from Lockpick Fingers.
Lockpicking die 1d6: 5, Wild die 1d6: 6, Ace 1d6: 2.
Location: A building nearby the Back Alley Gallery.
Time: Three days before the auction.

Kincaid began casing and setting up to watch the Gallery a couple days before the heist. Nothing overt to start with. He wandered by the shop a few times, in a few different ways. He rented a room for a day and watched the front, then did the same thing on the back the next day. He studied the feeds that Digit Havoc obtained with an almost religious fervor, intensely checking over all the information he could get his hands on. He liked to be as prepared as possible when the time came to move.


Location: The Back Alley Gallery.
Time: Day of the auction.

The night of the heist, Kincaid checked the feeds that Digit Havoc had piggybacked on. He didn't want any surprises when he went in. He checked the back of the Gallery, the area around it, one more time. Then he walked up to the back door and let himself in, his lockpick fingers making quick work for the door. He moved quietly through the halls to his destination, his allies blocking for him and causing distractions. Twice he had to duck in to a side room to avoid guards and servers.

The final room had an impressive lock on it and it took a little bit of time to open. He had no sooner heard the telltale click of the unlocking being completed then he saw a guard exiting a room down the hall. He quickly opened the door and rushed inside, trying to get out of sight before the guard spotted him. It was a harrowing close call. He gently closed the door and then turned to inspect the room.

The book was in a display case, locked of course and trapped as well. Kincaid studied it for a full minute before getting to work. He disabled a motion sensor and avoided a pressure plate. He made his way carefully to the display case and rerouted the sensors and alarms on it, painstaking work that took several minutes. Then he finally unlocked the case and carefully placed the book in several clean cloth wrappings to keep it safe. He set a fake book back in its place as well - it wouldn't hold to any hard scrutiny, it was more of a 'fuck you!' to the auction and to get past anyone glancing at the book from a distance to make sure it was still right where it should be.

He grinned and set the display case back how it was when he entered before leaving. He hurriedly made his way out of the room, alerting the team over the radio, "Baby's in the stroller." That was the pre-arranged code phrase to indicate he had the book and was leaving the building.
Last edited by Kincaid on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Streetwise(note, still need Joeys bonus if any)
-2 scene, +2 aid, +2 charisma, +2 investigator
Streetwise 1d10+4 = 10: 6 EE 1d6+10 = 12: 2
Wild 1d6: 4
Three success'

After getting a few blocks away from where Zeke had frozen up the ganger Harris went to work. Chatting up street people to learn what bar the local bangers where hiding out in while the ISS had their turf under it's thumb. As well as who said gangs rivals are. Not only does he locate the gang (The Little Joes) but learns enough about their rivals, the Deevil Boys, that he feels very confident about his con. Putting on a pair of fingerless work gloves to cover his registration tattoo he walks into the Pillar Tap. He pauses on first entering, ostensibly to let his eyes adjust but also to seek out his targets. He finds conveniently enough at the bar, so he follows suit and bellies up near enough that they're within earshot. Motioning to attract the barkeep.
"Lemme git a Jonesville draft buddy. heh, weird friggin day out der huh? Cops all over an a wizzard in DB colors freezing up folks." Harris drawls to the bartender. Taking a long drink to stall he doesn't have to wait long before on of the LJs turns to him.

"Da fuck you mean D boys in our hood? Asks one of the toughs aggressively.

Putting his hands up defensively Harris adopts an intimidated tone. "Whoa man, I doan like those magic luvvers either. Yeah, one was over by Grey ave. Seen him myself, flew all bird like down from a roof, got into a shitty black Nu-Ford with flames on it and they lit out. Heard a while later cops found one-a your boys all iced up inna alley."

Several "motherfuckers!" and such can be heard among the Lil Joes as the former detective spins his web. The car they recognize as belonging to one of the DBs lieutenants. By the end they are riled up and ready for trouble. As they leave, headed for a neighborhood near the gallery, Harris gives them a little while, to gather more friends and get where they're going. Not long after Digi announces success on his infiltration.

"Good job. Have your contact prepare to run interference with ISS."
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 am

Booking It!
Round 1 Results
  • Challenge 1: 12 = 3 successes
    Challenge 2: 12 = 3 successes
    Total 6/18 successes
    Bonus: Everyone gets a benny!
After getting themselves into position and setting a number of distractions into motion the team finds itself in a position to make a move. With everything going well so far, Kincaid enters the vault and nabs the book. Now comes the hard part, getting out undetected.

Tactical Challenge: A Bit of Luck
Inside the gallery, Magnus has done a very good job goading Dickie Delgado into a fight. The thug, along with a few of his buddies come forward to start a brawl. Fortunately, they are all pretty intoxicated and not that much of a threat. However, they do need to be dealt with to clear a path for the book.
Details
  • Situation Modifier: +2
  • Lead Skills: Battle, Boating, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, Throwing, and Tracking.
  • Description: Something happens to give the hero and their team a moment of good fortune or extra assistance. They gain a +2 on their rolls for this Challenge, as does anyone backing them up.
Tactical: Major Issue
Outside the gallery, ISS cruisers rolls up in force! These are not grunts but the special operation squad, someone must have tipped them off about tonight’s deal! To make matters worse, Sebastian Shock and his men draw weapons and charge the safe to nab the book, which Kincade already has in his hands! It leaves the team little choice but to break through the fighting on both sides if they want any chance in hell of getting the book out.
Details
  • Situation Modifier: -4 Penalty, if failure Team Leader suffers 1d3 wounds
  • Lead Skills: Battle, Boating, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, Throwing, and Tracking.
  • A relatively big problem unexpectedly crops up, causing any roll made by the team dealing with this Challenge to be made at –4. They might encounter stronger security than anticipated, or they’ve been spotted by someone who thinks he knows them and is trying to figure out how. If the roll is failed, the Team Lead suffers the same penalties as listed under Disaster!
Covert: Major Issue
The sudden arrival of the ISS means the area is now under heavy video and security drone surveillance. Getting away undetected is going to be a bitch. Something needs to be done to cover the team’s tracks.
Details
  • Situation Modifier: -4 Penalty, if failure Team Leader is “On the Run,” gaining Enemy (Minor) or Wanted (Minor)
  • Lead Skills: Computers, Electronics, Investigation, Notice, Stealth, Streetwise, Lockpicking
  • A relatively big problem unexpectedly crops up, causing any roll made by the team dealing with this Challenge to be made at –4. They might encounter stronger security than anticipated, or they’ve been spotted by someone who thinks he knows them and is trying to figure out how. If the roll is failed, the Team Lead suffers the same penalties as listed under Disaster
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am

Spellcasting 6; +1 for Covert team
-4 difficulty, +1 staff
Spellcasting 1d10-3 = 6: 9
Wild 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Chi-Town/Level 4/Back Alley Gallery
Night
Round 0

From his balcony, Zeke saw the ISS SpecOps roll in. He stepped back into the doorway of the abandoned apartment and glanced up, seeing the drones gliding into overwatch positions as well.

“Heads up. It’s getting hot out here,” Zeke radioed the team. “ISS SpecOps just rolled up, and they brought drones with them.”

Zeke considered what to do. His parents’ journals had strong injunctions about harming Coalition soldiers. But they had lived in the Burbs. Did ISS count? Better to be safe.

“I’ll see if I can take out some of the drones,” Zeke told the others. “They might not be able to see what I can do as easily.” Zeke hoped, anyway, that the tech couldn’t detect magic.

Zeke pulled the balaclava up to conceal his face. Then he cast a spell that would blur his form, making him more difficult to target. He headed up onto the roof, crouching behind an AC unit. A drone flew by and Zeke extended a hand, muttering the words to the spell. A blob of acid shot out, hitting the drone. It swayed and turned to come around. But Zeke could hear the sizzle as the acid ate through the outer casing and into the sensitive interior. The drones weren’t heavily armored. He watched it spark and wobble and then crash into the street.

“One down,” Zeke said, moving to a new location, searching for another drone.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 am

Fighting 8, 2 successes vs. 1st challenge
Fighting 1d12+2, +2 Scene modifier
Fighting 1d12+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3
"Hold on, now, Little Dickie. You kiss your mother with that mouth? I heard she taught you a trick or two with your tongue before putting you out on the street," Magnus says, as Delgado unleashes a stream of profanity.

Sebby's other bodyguards seem a little inebriated and make only a token attempt to control him before Dickie drops his head and charges like a bull in a very expensive china shop.

"Hey there, let's not make a mess," Magnus says, side-stepping and delivering a powerhouse blow to the back of Dickie's head, sending him to the floor like a sack of bricks.

Rather than wait for the other goons to decide to join the fight, Magnus just smiles and grabs the nearest one.

"We both know you were gonna do this," he says, grabbing the man's arm before rolling him over his shoulder and slamming him into another thug, both going down in a tangle of limbs that Magnus steps over, meeting another attacker with a fist to the face.

The fifth guard manages to take a swing before Magnus grabs his neck and slams his face into the skull of the fourth guy. A couple of quick kicks to the men on the floor and the pile of bodies mostly stops moving, although the groaning continues as Sebby looks on with horror and Magnus wipes a few stray drops of blood off his sleeves.

"It's this stain-resistant stuff," Magnus says, nodding at the Black Market man. "Gotta take it to a special cleaner, but it really holds up."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Fisk moves into position - Challenge 3
Driving at scene -4, skill bonus +2 from chip, +1 from handling - net -1
1d12-1 = 1: 2

WD Driving
1d6-1 = 1: 2

Benny to reroll with Elan
1d12+1 = 11: 10

WD Driving
1d6+1 = 4: 3
Everything is going south. Rapidly. The Magnus - Delgado brawl looks fit for broadcast, with The Red showing what he's really capable of. Business, however, dictates that Edwin not stick around to watch. He's going to have to make sure a getaway goes off without a hitch.
"Fisk. Moving to transit. She'll be ready to roll when you hit the doors." The getaway driver makes a move towards the doors to collect his ride. Upon reaching the outside, though, he finds the ISS swarming the area. He doesn't take even a moment to curse the luck. That would throw off his timing. Instead, he looks up towards the heavens. Praying for guidance?
A drone drops from the sky, melting, covered in acid.
"Nice trick. We're gonna need a new exit." Walking briskly away from the area, he manages to avoid contact with the ISS on his way to the ride. Once properly ensconced, he allows himself a beat to contemplate his next moves. If I left them all, I'd be scot free. I'd also have a black eye. Never change the deal. He waits to fire up the engine until the sensors track and lock in on every drone in the sky. "New plan. Side exit. I'll be there, doors open, in four minutes, eighteen seconds, on my mark. Make it rain drones."

Breathe.

He checks his side views.

Think slow.

He scans the rear view.

"I am a baaaaad man." He clicks his radio. "Mark."

He fires the engine to life and punches the accelerator, careful not to leave tracks or otherwise alert anyone to his moves. He's just another vehicle on the road. He hits the first intersection and turns...away from the gallery. He's making a run for it. The consummate professional has opted to cut bait and walk away.
Nah.
He makes another turn. He puts windshield time on a circuitous route, giving any tracker or drone enough data to suggest he's not involved, not part of anything. Just a motorist.
4'04", and he's not that close. Up comes a bit of a straightaway.

Punch it.

He taps a hidden pressure sensor on his steering wheel, and the sizable ride accelerates faster than a machine that large should be able to. A last quick left turn, made with no tire squeal, and he arrives precisely on time, doors unlocked, waiting for his passengers and, hopefully, their cargo. "Chariot swung low. All aboard."
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Shocks team rolls in with a squeal of tires and starts to rush the back and side doors. "Well fuck all kinds of duck, there goes quite." His mind kicks into overdrive with the new challenges
Zeke Walker wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am

“I’ll see if I can take out some of the drones,” Zeke told the others. “They might not be able to see what I can do as easily.” Zeke hoped, anyway, that the tech couldn’t detect magic.
"Good call Zeke, stay safe, we'll pick you up once we get the package." Turning to Joey, "Let's go clear that side door for Kincade, the backs too hot and Sebby's up front." Hurrying as much as he can the two make for the alley that the side door adjoins.

Over the teams comms. "Crows circling outside and the fat lady is coming in the back door. Bring the baby the side door, Digi you up for some birdwatching?

On reaching the corner Harris stops, whispering to ask Joey how many were guarding that door. The dog boys cyber enhanced senses tell him there are four which he tells shares with the investigator. Drawing his vibro knife he makes an incision in his palm where it will bleed more than a little but do no real harm. He spreads some around his nose and mouth as well as working a bit into his hair. "OK, I want you to smack the wall hard a couple of times then I'm going to run down the 'walk screaming bloody murder and turn down the alley and run to them. Give me 20-30 seconds then follow acting all crazy. They turn to face you and I hit them from behind. Harris tenses to run, "OK, now." Joey hit the wall several times, with each meaty smack Harris lets out a scream or yelp. He then runs down the sidewalk. Glancing down the ally he does a double-take and akwardly stops, tumbling over, then scrambling up and to the officers.

"Officers.. Oh god, thank the emperor! *Pant, pant pant* He.. he just went crazy.. started hittin me. I think.. he's comming.."
Persuade to support
modifiers: +2 charisma, +2 Powerful Presence, -4 scene
Persuade 1d6: 5
Wild 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
((10, +2 to challenge roll, suboptimal skill used))

Two of them approach him cautiously, the other two less so. "Hey man, you can't be here. raid in progress." The other close one looks over Harris' wounds and seems more concerned. "I dunno Bill, he looks kinda messed up.

Then Joey comes howling around the corner all teeth and fists. The lead two are startled a second then rush forward, the back two follow. When the laggards pass Harris he reaches out and hits the quick release on one of their stun truncheons, catching it and using it on the former owner . The other of the pair catches the act out of the corner of his eye. He turns in time to get a light "boop" on the forehead, the electric current doing all the work needed to knock him unconscious.

As Joey finishes with the other two Harris turns to the door. "Lets have a careful peek inside."
Last edited by Harris LaVode on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:08 am

Fighting 1d6+2 = 3: 1 Cyber:+2

Wild die: 1d6: 6
"Wild" wild roll: 1d6: 1
Over the teams comms. "Crows circling outside and the fat lady is coming in the back door. Bring the baby the side door, Digi you up for some birdwatching?


Fat joey makes his way over to Harris at the corner.
On reaching the corner Harris stops, whispering to ask Joey how many were guarding that door. The dog boys cyber enhanced senses tell him there are four which he tells shares with the investigator. Drawing his vibro knife he makes an incision in his palm where it will bleed more than a little but do no real harm. He spreads some around his nose and mouth as well as working a bit into his hair.
”Ummm...okay. I see where you are going with this. I like it.” Using his cyber, he targets two of the guards. As he listens to harris, Joey puts on his well known knuckle dusters. With a zap to test the charge, Joey looks at Harris and smiles as the plan is revealed.
"OK, I want you to smack the wall hard a couple of times then I'm going to run down the 'walk screaming bloody murder and turn down the alley and run to them. Give me 20-30 seconds then follow acting all crazy. They turn to face you and I hit them from behind.


After listening to his plan, joey nods. ”Sounds good. On your go.” with a roll of his massivwe shoulders, joey preps for the excertion he needs to do to his part. ’Fuck...i didnt know there would be running.”
Harris tenses to run, "OK, now." Joey hit the wall several times, with each meaty smack Harris lets out a scream or yelp. He then runs down the sidewalk. Glancing down the ally he does a double-take and akwardly stops, tumbling over, then scrambling up and to the officers.

"Officers.. Oh god, thank the emperor! *Pant, pant pant* He.. he jusat went crazy.. started him me. I think.. he's comming.."

Two of them approach him cautiously, the other two less so. "Hey man, you can't be here. raid in progress." The other close one looks over Harris' wounds and seems more concerned. "I dunno Bill, he looks kinda messed up.
Then Joey comes howling around the corner all teeth and fists. The lead two are startled a second then rush forward, the back two follow. When the laggards pass Harris he reaches out and hits the quick release on one of their stun truncheons, catching it and using it on the former owner . The other of the pair catches the act out of the corner of his eye. He turns in time to get a light "boop" on the forehead, the electric current doing all the work needed to knock him unconscious.

As he turns the corner, full teeth and snarls, Joey drops a shoulder as he plows thru the first two. ”I AM GONNA KILL YOU!!!” He stops short and pants as if tired. Then as Harris unleashes his assault, joey spins with a hammer fist at the first of his knockdown victims. As bad guy #1 flies back, Joey gives #2 a wicked combo. With a thud, they apparently both hit the ground at same moment. With a “Hummnph”, joey stands straight and looks at Harris. ”Next?”
As Joey finishes with the other two the investigators Harris turns to the door. "Lets have a careful peek inside."

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Kincaid had the book in hand, the fake book in place and had started to leave when things went sideways. Sebastian Shock and his men drew weapons and charged the safe to nab the book - just as Kincaid was hightailing it away. A gunfight erupted, and Kincaid made it a running gunfight by not being nice and staying put to get shot. He stowed the book and pulled out two guns, firing then moving behind cover, firing and moving again, rinse wash and repeat.

"Shit! I got the book but Shock and his goons are on me, weapons hot. I am heading for the exit but could use assistance." Other than the first cuss word and his breathing being a bit quicker than normal, most of his speech was calm. Hell, he could be taking a light jog down a street somewhere. Well, if not for the bullets, ion beams and laser fire all around him. A slight bit of humor entered his face as one of the goons was knocked flat by the power of the NG Equalizer. "Heh. He wasn't expecting that."

He made his way, quickly but methodically towards the exit he was told to head for, gunfire and cover his most immediate allies, but knowing others were helping as well.


Tactical, Challenge 2, Shooting
Modifiers: -4 scene, +2 helmet, +2 cybernetics, then whatever support bonuses from allies.
Shooting die 1d10: 6, Wild die 1d6: 6, Ace 1d6: 2.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:17 am

Location: The Back Alley Gallery
Time: During the Heist.
Tactical Challenge 2: Major Issue.
Action: Shooting to provide cover for Kincaid.
  • Success: +2 to the team leader's roll.
Diggy mutters, "Fracking amateurs."

He flings the car door open and hoofs it when ISS starts mobilizing, with a little special care package underneath his long coat.

'C'mon Digi, its easy money he says. You want even have to get out of the car he says. Smug son of a bitch owes me a bonus...'

Diggy makes his way to the side door, the closest one to Kincaid, and waits a moment. He checks the video feeds and gets the locations of all relevant targets in his mind and pockets the computer, letting QCP take over monitoring.

Then he kicks the door open and shouts at Kincaid, "Tuck and Roll!"

A long arm pops out from underneath the coat and deposits an absolutely massive Shotgun into the old man's hands. What follows is a barrage of buckshot at any and every individual pursuing Kincaid, although Diggy intentionally avoids shooting any vital points.

Shooting 8
Shooting: 1d6+2 = 4: 2 (-4 Scene, +2 Shotgun)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
EE: 1d6+6 = 12: 6-4 = 8
When Kincaid clears the door, Diggy slams it shut and uses his cyberhand to quickly weld the hinges. Then he turns to Kincaid and says, "Damnit! For future reference, I'm the brains not the ass-saver. Get your shit together."

Fisk shows up immediately. Diggy drops the shotgun and it disappears back into his long cloak somehow. The old man frowns as he slides into the car, shaking his head.

Then he turns his head to look out the window smiles just a little. 'Haven't had this much excitement in years'
Last edited by Digit Havoc on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Temperance
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Temperance » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:25 pm

In the gallery Temperance weighs up her options. Things look like they are about to take a massive diversion into leftfield.

"Think damn it", she curses herself, feeling massively exposed in 'civvies' rather than body armour.

"Shock!", she hollers over the uproar breaking out in the club. "Crap knows what you did to piss them off, but word from my boys outside is that they're here for you. They're pulling back and getting out of the way. I reckon you have 30 seconds before it hits the fan in here."
She scuttles across the room toward where Shock and his boys are.

" Pick an exit, front or back, they're coming from both directions. If suggest the front your ride is in that direction. Not saying we can hold them up for long, but if you're going one direction we'll slow the others long enough for you to make a break. Just say the word, but remember you'll owe me"

Support Roll = 9 (two successes?)
Details
Persuasion Roll: 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Wild Dice: 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Abigail "Temperance" Williams
Character Details
Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/5
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Edges: Attractive, Charismatic, Healer, Nerves of Steel, Brave, Strong Willed

Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Reading the Situation
Round 2 Results
  • Challenge 1: 8 = 2 successes
    Challenge 2: 12 = 3 successes
    Challenge 3: 12 = 3 successes
    Total 14/18 successes
    Bonus: No bonus
The team moves quickly to read and react to the fluid situation. While the external team focuses on slowing down the ISS the internal team keeps Sebby and his men busy. All the while, Fisk moves in for the extraction.

Challenge 1: Unseen Exit
As the team makes their exit confusion and chaos reign - giving them a ton of cover. The ISS and Sebby's men start in with one another while the remaining guest flee through all exits like rats from a flooded storage unit. Thanks to Zeke's magical handiwork earlier, the drone coverage in the area is full of gaps making avoiding detection a little easier. Avoid the drones while making the great escape.
OOC Comments
  • Modifier: +2
  • Lead Skills:Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Psionics, Repair, Science, and Arcane Skill
Challenge 2: Shocking Turn of Events
Sebastian Shock didn't become a major underworld kingpin by being stupid. As the ISS pull him down inside the gallery, it quickly becomes apparent that he was employing a body double! The double chuckles as his cyber disguise deactivates revealing an entirely different face. Unfortunately for our heroes, Sebby is still in the area and has set-up an ambush of their getaway. Looks like his plan all along was to let the team steal the book and then steal the book from them! Sebby has the group out manned and outgunned. Skirting the ambush without getting pinned down is a key to success.
OOC Comments
  • Modifier: Roll Against Enemy Leader at -4, if failure Everyone on this team is “On the Run,” gaining Enemy (Minor) or Wanted (Minor) 1d8: 5 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6: 4 Total 10 (at -4)
  • Leader Skills: Computers, Electronics, Investigation, Notice, Stealth, Streetwise, Lockpicking
Challenge 3: Lockdown
The earlier I.S.S. cordone is still in place, making every second street blocked by a patrol car. Navigating a route that avoids their foot patrols is trick business. It'll take smarts, skills, and good sensors to avoid random Peacekeepers and their dog packs.
OOC Comments
  • Modifier: -2 Penalty
  • Leader Skills: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Repair, Science
SWAT
As the I.S.S. noose tightens and Sebby's men prowl the streets the team also has to contend with a SWAT team who doesn't like being made a fool of. They are in hot pursuit. If the group doesn't play this carefully they'll be caught by the Black market and the I.S.S. at the same time. What a way to go, being gunned down by both sides of the law!
OOC Comments
  • Modifier: Roll Against Enemy Leader, if failure Everyone on this team is “On the Run,” gaining Enemy (Minor) or Wanted (Minor) 1d10: 10 Ace 1d10: 8 Total: 18 1d6: 4
  • Leader Skills: Computers, Electronics, Investigation, Notice, Stealth, Streetwise, Lockpicking
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:32 am

Spellcasting 9; 2 successes for Lead on Challenge 1
+1 Shotgun, +2 difficulty
Spellcasting 1d10+1 = 6: 5
Wild 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Benny for EE 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Chi-Town/Level 4/Back Alley Gallery
Night
Round 0

On the rooftops, Zeke moved parallel with the team. He called on the comm when they were about to run into an ISS patrol and continued taking out drones. He also blasted with his shotgun at some of the SWAT troops, locking them down in ice momentarily to buy the team extra time, then dodging out of sight.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:39 am

Lead on Challenge 2: 17
Contact help: 1d6: 3 = No help but they tried.

Kincaid Lockpicking (Modifiers -4 scene, +2 Thief, +2 Lockpick Fingers): 17.
Lockpicking die 1d6+4 = 7: 3 (ignore the +4), Wild die 1d6: 4.
Extra Effort: 1d6: 6, 1d6: 5 (+2 for Elan).

Kincaid popped out of the gallery's back entrance and looked around real quick, the wrapped-up book in his hand. He took a step and then let out a quiet curse as his com went off (even though it was only audible to him) - still, it startled him. "Kincaid? It's Darius. It's getting WARM near you." Small pause, emphasis on the one specific word. "Just thought you should know."

Kincaid shook his head and restrained a growl as he replied in sotto voice, "Understood. Time to find colder climes. Thanks." He disconnected the call as his mind started whirling. Darius was someone he knew from his military days, but one who had transferred to ISS after his tour of duty had ended. That meant he, and thereby ISS, was in the area. "Shit."

He paused and kicked on his cybernetic sensors. There it was, about a hundred or so feet ahead. Two clusters of people in what looked like a classic ambush configuration, weapons warmed up and primed. He lead those with him to a side street, muttering to himself as he moved, obviously looking for something, "...getting colder....cooolllldeerrrr..."

Finally he found it, "Ice cold!" He looked both ways before kneeling down at a secure-looking door. His fingers on one hand popped open to reveal lockpicking tools. He quickly went to work and opened the door. He lead the group into a warehouse that was a maze of wide aisles with crates and packages on either side, familiar to him as it was owned by the Rooks. At the far end of the building, they found another door which lead to an alleyway. Checking it, and then heading out on to it, they found it let them back out in to the streets on the other side of the ambush, and closer to their vehicle.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:24 am

Support roll on Task 4: Fighting 12 = +3
Fighting 1d12+2 = 9: 7
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Benny spent for Extra Effort 1d6+9 = 12: 3
Things were going great -- he even got to punch some people -- and then suddenly it all goes to shit, with alarms going off and Sebby, or at least the asshole that a moment ago looked like Sebby, laughing maniacally.

"Shut your hole," Magnus says, and wings a pricey-looking vase at the joker's head. Turns out the vase is some kind of alloy that only looks like ceramic (kinda like the asshole only looked like Sebby), and it does a number on the doppelganger's face, putting him on the ground in a spray of blood and shattered teeth.

Magnus doesn't stick around to admire his work. Out the back, then down an alley and into the service entrance of the stack next door, then up a stairwell as fast as he can. In a place like Chi-Town, there's no sense running sideways when you can run up or down just as well, and make it harder for the fuzz to see you in the bargain.

Four flights up he pops out of the stairwell into a utility access, then out to some scaffolding on the building's exterior to get a drone's-eye-view of the unfolding chaos. He spots Fisk's ride barreling around a corner, and more of the Black Market bastards laying an ill-fated ambush, although the headhunter, Kincaid, seems to be aware of it and working on an alternate route.

Then he hears voices on the balcony a level down and draws back into the shadows, groaning inwardly as recognizes the uniforms.

ISS. Bend me over a bumper-bike, he thinks, counting helmets. Three. Sniper, spotter and a drone operator.

Enough to wreck havoc on the team. Long odds for him, but maybe ...

These SWAT bastards spend so much time on higher ground, they don't bother looking up, Magnus thinks, as he breathes deep and takes the leap onto the balcony below, his fists and forehead connecting with their targets before his feet even touch the ground.

The lead on Task #4 gets a +3 bonus.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Lead for task 4 rolled 35, 5 success
Contact support roll 1d6: 4

Modifiers: +4 support, +2 Charisma, +2 Powerful Presence
Streetwise 1d10+8 = 18: 10 Ace! 1d10+18 = 28: 10 Ace!! 1d10+18 = 21: 3
Wild 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Bennie for EE 1d6+21 = 25: 4
Kincaid comes rushing out the door, his and Digi's cover fire keeping the ISS boys from getting a clean shot on him. When the man starts working his comms Harris decides to do the same and gives Skip a call. Skip, hey buddy. Having a terrible day at work. Can you recommend a nice place to kick back and cool off after a hard day?

"Hey, Harris. Yeah, so I hear. Let me think a second, there's a nice place by the old PVC warehouse. Red's Tap, just off Old Town drive."

"Thanks buddy, and you know this is going on your tab right?" Harris insists to their employer.

"Yeah, fine. Just keep it reasonable."

Disconnecting the call as the group rounds a corner, a brief but violent fight alerts them to Magus clearing an ISS team from above them. Harris gives the boxer an appreciative nod, "Nice, and hey grab that guys computer. We can track their drones with it." After receiving the ISS computer Harris quickly uses a backdoor in the system often used by the cops to shut off it's tracker. "Good ole government IT, predictably lazy." he says with a smile.

Kincaid leads them thru a warehouse and into an alley where seconds latter their rides comes squealing in.

((To Be Continued))
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:21 am

Location: Chi-town / Level 4 / Back Alley Gallery
Time: Immediately after Distraction
Covert challenge: Interference
Action: Keeping watch over team

Notice 1d6: 6
Expanded Detection and Security Array (1) - +2 to Notice checks
Keen Sense of Smell (Racial): +2 Notice
Investigator (N1): +2 Notice
Wild card 1d6: 5
Ace roll 1d6: 4

Danger Sense (Cyber): Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs / If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).

Joey will move to a decent vantage point, as fast and as stealthy as his bulk can achieve. :Thank the maker for cyber. I am not in shape enough for this shit.” With some huffing, he manages to get his ass up on to a balcony nearby. Keying his radio,”Joey *puff* is *huff* in position. *huff* *huff* Will use my cyber and senses to watch for stragglers. Will use non lethal grenades to deter pursuit if needed.” As soon as he is done speaking, joey collects his breath and opens his senses and cyber to help with overwatch.
Last edited by Joey aka: Fat Joey on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Fisk supports Challenge 3, +2 to lead roll
Stealth - leading the enemy away, scene -2
1d8-2 = 3: 5

Benny EE with prior and Elan
1d6+5 = 8: 3

WD Stealth
1d6-2 = -1: 1
The sensors of Fisk's ride ping off of a host of ISS foot patrols. There is no good way to navigate through them. "Gonna give the sniffers something else to chase. Doors are open. I'm on foot."
With that, Edwin bails out and starts ducking down alleys. Eventually, he starts shouting at the patrols to catch their attention. "HEY! I saw some guy with glowing magic hands! He went that way!" After a few minutes of running and ducking, he manages to pull a few foot patrols off of their paths, diverting them away from the getaway rendezvous point. He makes a last burst run towards the car and dives in, leaving the foot patrols to cross each other looking for phantom suspects. "Back home. Come on. We gotta jet, asap."
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:20 pm


Location: Fisk's Ride near the Back Alley Gallery
Time: During the Get Away
Challenge 3: Lockdown.
Action: Electronics to feed information to Fisk via his ride and to interfere with ISS.
  • Critical Failure
  • TD on Field Comp
    1d6: 3
    • Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.
Digi checks the feeds on his computer and sighs.

'Bastards are everywhere. This is going to get tricky...'

Digit Havoc looks into Fisk's shades through the rearview mirror and says, "Fisk. I'm going to feed ISS locations into your navigation in real time. Your radio will broadcast relevant ISS comm activity. You will have eyes and ears on ISS. Use it to get us past these bastards. That will be mostly automatic. I'll be actively creating holes for you, so don't stop for anything. Oh and if I give you very specific instructions...follow them to a T or do not follow them at all; deviation would be disastrous. You're the wheelman and know the extent of your abilities and limitations of your ride."

Then the old man leans back into his seat and closes his eyes. His jack slithers out of his pinky finger and plugs into his computer. He rests it in his lap and then doesn't move.

'CQP, connect to this vehicle. Feed any ISS comm activity relating specifically to our group or this car into the radio. Automatically ping all known ISS into this car's navigation, and update those locations immediately upon receiving new information.'

'At once, Sir.'

Through his direct interface, Digit Havoc uses the computer to break into traffic and other cameras along Fisk's chosen route. Fisk takes Digi's words to heart and does not stop, and ahead there is a pair of ISS cruisers blocking the road.

There's a sidewalk on either side, but one side is completely blocked by the cruiser and the other side is rendered impassable by a fire hydrant.

'QCP, probability of smashing through the cruisers?'

'100% probability of vehicular impairment, 83% for catastrophic damage.'

'No...whats the likelihood of the driver popping the car onto the passenger side wheels, maintaining control, and bypassing the hydrant?'

'...Unlikely, sir.'

'QCP, find me a door into to public water utilities.'

'Excelent idea, sir.

Searching.
Searching..
Searching...


Electronics (Crit Fail)
Electronics: 1d8+7 = 8: 1 (-2 Scene, +2 Support, +2 Scholar, +4 Cyberhand, +1 Field Comp Grade I)
Wild: 1d6+7 = 8: 1
QCP connects Digi through to the system controlling level 4's utilities. The firewalls disappear before him and reform behind him. Passwords crack at his whim. He moves through the server's cyber security like a ghost. After reaching the system he's looking for, Digi begins fiddling with the water distribution in an attempt to blow the hydrant.

Fisk is getting close, and the hydrant still hasn't blown. He has no clear path, and Digi is acutely aware that he is in fact inside the car which is about to crash into one of many immovable objects.

'Well, shit. Lets see how you handle this'

'SIR! I strongly advise against...'

Digi reroutes all available pressure in the nearby water pipelines towards the hydrant. The hydrant finally blows, but it rockets towards Fisk's car. The pipes burst, blowing one cruiser over on top of the other. The road, however, is cleared. What's left of it.

Digit clears his throat and says, "The road is cleared..I, uh, I think I've accomplished enough. QCP will continue relaying information to you, Fisk."
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Sliding into the ride, "Fisk, I found a place we can lay low, it's not far but there's a lot of trouble between here and there. We'll give you the skinny on where not to go.", he sends the address to Fisk's car and begins pouring over the stolen computer. Aside from the one close call with the fire hydrant the combined eyes and ears of Digi, Joey, and Harris get the team to the warehouse.

It is of course locked but Kincaid quickly springs it and the team gets into the building and the door closed when a new obstacle shows up.
Last edited by Harris LaVode on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Temperance
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Temperance » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Staying calm under fire was always one of Temperance's strengths. Always able to keep her head down and get the job done even with mortars raining down around her.

"Damn it we need some cover if we're gonna dodge this bullet".

She wracked her brain trying to think of something that might give them an edge, something Sebby wouldn't have planned for.
Support Roll Task 2 (10, 1 success)
Streetwise = 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Wild = 1d6+6 = 7: 1

Benny for Re-roll
Streetwise = 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Wild = 1d6+6 = 10: 4
"Got it!", she shouted to Kincaid. "Take a left then a right. Should cut us through the Blackhawks territory. Don't know if rhey'll shoot us or Sebby, but they'll definitely provide a distraction."

The Blackhawks were a notorious biker gang. They were smack bang in the middle of their turf and they were notoriously territorial. Hopefully the distraction would be enough.
Abigail "Temperance" Williams
Character Details
Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/5
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Edges: Attractive, Charismatic, Healer, Nerves of Steel, Brave, Strong Willed

Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 am

Round 3 Results
  • Challenge 1: 8 = 2 successes
    Challenge 2: 12 = 3 successes
    Challenge 3: Critical Failure! = 0 successes
    Challenge 4: 35 = 5 successes
    Total 24/18 successes
    Bonus: The objective grants significantly useful information or data; a human asset of compelling importance, or technology that demands great attention (TDB). Very likely, a location or name of great relevance comes from the results of the mission. Every member of the team gains a bonus Benny and a bonus Action Card on each round of combat; both of these rewards are granted the next time the team deals directly with elements related to the mission (such as the likely Boss Fight that often follows a P&O session).
The (Not So) Safe House
After a brazen heist and get away the team makes it safely to an old PVC warehouse in the Garment District. The warehouse has been abandoned for about a year following an I.S.S. raid against the parent company. Turns out the warehouse was employing d-bees and paying them under the table to bilk more profit off their pipe products. A few competitors want to take over the operation but for the moment it is tied up in government red tape and just sits unused. Every couple of months the Peacekeepers sweep in and clear out any squatters, meaning if you know when the last raid was you can be relatively sure the place is clean of prying eyes. Apparently, Skip had the inside scoop on that information.

Squatters and scavengers have pretty much cleaned out anything of value from the warehouse but large plastic piping, old storage containers, wreck shelving, and even a defunked forklift litter the floor. However, it is what hangs from the ceiling that gets everyone's attention. Skip the fixer is suspended from the rafters with a noose around his neck, gagging for breath, his feet flailing uselessly beneath him as he hangs twenty feet off the ground.

What do you do?
Danger Sense
If you have the Danger Sense edge make your roll now as well
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:20 am

Notice roll 14
Notice 1d10: 3
Wild 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace! 1d6+12 = 14: 2
Deflection cast -2 to be hit
Spend 4 ISP for +2 to Psionics roll. Activate Deflection. 6 ISP spent
Psionics 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Coming into the abandoned warehouse the Harris quickly assess the situation. His trained senses note that not only is he still alive but that his fixer hasn't lost all his color yet. Very recent then, probably still here. His eyes then follow the rope up to the rafters and back down to an area obscured from his view. So some back there at least

"Lets get him down, watch for surprises." After concentrating for a second the air around the investigator gets a bit hazy. He then steps out of the vehicle and drawing his pistol he cautious moves towards where the rope terminates. "Skip, try and stop struggling man. We're gonna get you down."
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 am

Danger Sense, Success
Flat roll, no modifiers.
Notice die 1d8: 5, Wild die 1d6: 4.
Kincaid didn't let out a sigh of relief or relax when they entered the warehouse. He'd need to scour it first and make certain it was actually a safe place before he'd relax. It didn't take long to prove his prudence was right, though. Almost immediately they spotted the hanging fixer. Kincaid let out a growl and pulled one of his pistols out and took aim at the rope holding the fixer - the fall shouldn't kill the man, though it might break a leg. Better broken then dead he usually found.

But he knew something was off even as he yanked the NG Equalizer out of his holster in a blurring motion almost too fast for the eye to follow. Quickly following suit, he pulled the TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol out of the holster under his other arm even as he scanned the warehouse. "Shoot him down or spread out and find whoever's hiding in here?" He was mainly seeing if someone else had a better idea before things went more sideways.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:29 pm

Notice 6, no Danger Sense
Notice: 1d8: 6
Wild: 1d6: 2
Invent On the Fly: Aegis 10
Repair: 1d12-2 = 7: 9 (-1, -1 per Power Level)
Uncanny Reflexes 1 [1 PP] (4 PP, -1 Requires Activation, -2 Limitation)
  • As long as the hero is aware of an incoming attack, it suffers a -2 penalty.
    • While Aeigis is active, the character suffers from the effects of One Arm.
Invent On the Fly: Personal Force Field 11
Repair Roll Below: 11

Toughness 2 [1 PP] (1 PP, -1 Requires Activation)
  • While active, grants the wearer +2 toughness.
Diggy reaches behind him and unhooks the shotgun from its arm, leaving the hunk of metal in the car as he gets out. He slaps a few sticky emitter looking devices on his chest and back and wires them into CQP.

'Oh, our employer is dangling from the roof by a noose. Lets just run in and check it out...'

Next, Digit grabs a screwdriver that pops out of his cyberhand as its fingers extend and begin removing plates and rewiring itself. He fiddles with the inner workings for a minute, then reaches into one of the pockets of his coat and pulls out some pieces of metal which look strangely similar to the composition of the arm which was connected to his shotgun. They quickly fly out of his hand and attach themselves to the hand magnetically.

'What could go wrong, he probably just over reacted to his girlfriend dumping him or something, right?'

Digi repeats the process several times, and when he is finished his cyberhand is several times larger. When the fingers are extended and put together, the cyberhand is vaguely shield-shaped.

'There's definitely no one pissed about this entire fracking night waiting to kill us inside'

Diggy draws his TK Revolver and follows the others inside.

Invent PP: 2/2
  • Aegis: -2 to be hit (Melee or Range). Suffering from One Arm Hindrance.
  • Personal Force Field: Toughness at 13(5).
Last edited by Digit Havoc on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Invent On the Fly: Personal Force Field
Repair 1d12: 11 (-2, -1 per Level)
Wild Die 1d6: 1
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Scanning the warehouse
Sensor sweep
Electronics
1d4: 1

WD Electronics
1d6: 3
Fisk pulls the vehicle up to the location of the meet. He sniffs, and his eyes narrow. Clean getaway. I like easy. But is it ever easy? He pushes a few buttons on his console, running a sensor sweep of the area. He finds no readings, but the system keeps giving him a strange dialogue box. "I'm not sure what this means. It's a new system. Looks like the warehouse is clear though." He mutters to himself as he exits with the rest of the crew, his pistol loose in the holster and ready to get to work.
Spotting Skip swinging, Fisk immediately pulls his pistol and begins looking around the room. "Skip's still kicking. Whoever rigged him up can't be far!"
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Location: Chi-town / Level 4 / Safe House ??
Time: Immediately after Distraction

Notice 1d6: 2
Expanded Detection and Security Array (1) +2 to Notice checks
Keen Sense of Smell (Racial) +2 Notice
Investigator (N1) +2 Notice
Danger Sense (Cyber): Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs
Optics Package (1) +2 all sight-based Notice checks; thermal imaging

Wild die 1d6: 4



Joey slowly looks around the warehouse with his senses as well as his cyber ware. As soon as he sees Kincaid pull his pistol, his cyber track the shot. Seeing where the shot is most likely headed, joey uses his limited thought process and figures if he is under the guy when the shot is fired, he may catch him. ”Going for the catch!”. With a grunt, he moves his bulk in a straight line towards a position directly under the contact. ”My hide can take a beating so i will just stand there to catch while letting my cyber do it’s thing.”

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Notice 5
Notice 1d6: 5
Wild 1d6: 3
Magnus strolls into the warehouse a few seconds after the rest, feeling pretty good about the way the mission went down, all things considered.

"All right, boys and girl. Time for a drink," he says, rubbing his hands together. "Harry, I sure hope your guy thought to bring some champagne, or at least some of that rotgut whiskey from the club ... Oh, shit, is that your guy, hanging from the ceiling?"

As the others move to rescue Skip or investigate the warehouse, Magnus sidles over to one of the large sections of PVC and tries to make himself unobtrusive, with little success. Figuring things are likely to be in tight quarters if things go to hell, he pulls out his fancy dagger and wraps it in one fist, ready for whatever comes next.
Stealth 3
Stealth 1d8: 3
Wild 1d6: 3
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:36 am

Notice 2 (no Danger Sense)
Notice 1d6: 2
Wild 1d6: 1
Chi-Town/Level 4/Safehouse Gallery
Night
Round 0

Zeke hopped down to the street from the roofs and balconies and landed next to the others. He was a bit winded and reached into his pocket for his inhaler, turning to be as unobtrusive as possible as he took his meds. He didn’t want to appear weak to them.

As they walked into the warehouse, Zeke stopped quickly as he saw the man who had hired him hanging and struggling from the rafters.

“Oh, damn,” Zeke murmured as the others started to scatter around the warehouse.

Zeke glanced around, taking things in. There was a lot of pipe here. Maybe they could lean one and shimmy up to get Skip down.

Spotting Temperance as the only one nearby, Zeke said, “Miss Temperance, let’s lay some pipe,” he told the attractive woman innocently, gesturing over to one of the stacks of pipes.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Enlightenment
Skip continues to kick and struggle as the team readies weapons and defences before reaching to take him down. Suddenly the warehouse is flooded with lights. The illumination is so bright the team cannot see into the blackness beyond them, but they can hear weapons readying - including the distinctive hum of a rail gun preparing to fire. From beyond the light a voice calls out.

"Set the book down. Take your man. And walk away."
Notice
A Notice check at -6 to see beyond the light will revel the silhouettes of about a dozen armed figures, most of them behind cover. A giant, hulking, humanoid, form has a rail gun trained on the middle of the room.
Combat
If you decide to take aggressive action the antagonists will have a chance to interrupt your actions and get a free shot at you. Include an Agility check to interupt if you make a combat move. Hitting the targets beyond the floodlights would be at -6. If you have optics or others means that might circumvent the flood light, the targets are still behind decent cover (-2 to hit).
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am

Notice -3
-6 difficulty
Notice 1d6-6 = -5: 1
Wild 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Chi-Town/Level 4/Warehouse
Night
Round 0

Zeke winced as the lights suddenly came on too brightly. He held up his hand to shield his eyes and heard the voice. Shit!

“Who’s there?” Zeke called into the brightness. “What book?” Might as well play dumb. How do they know we have the book?

Zeke wondered if he could get off a protective spell off, or if that would cause them to open fire.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 am

Zeke Walker wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am
“Who’s there?” Zeke called into the brightness. “What book?” Might as well play dumb. How do they know we have the book?
"Shut up, don't play dumb. We know about your operation. Last chance...leave the book and get out."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:54 am

Chi-Town/Level 4/Warehouse
Night
Round 0

“How do you know anything?” Zeke asked. “You open up with that railgun, you’ll have ISS all over this place in minutes. Have you ever actually fired one of those? They’re loud as hell.” Zeke didn’t have any actual experience with a railgun either. He was just a civilian. But he watched CSTV.
Persuasion 2; 1 on the Persuasion die
Persuasion 1d4: 1
Wild 1d6: 2
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:35 am

mindread
Spend4 ISP for +2 to Psionics
Psionics 1d8: 3
Wild 1d6: 3
bennie for reroll
Psionics 1d8: 2
Wild 1d6: 5
Harris speaks up to handle the people work as it's one of his specialties, "Never mind the fact that if you do you'll be blasting the very thing you came to steal. Which leaves us at a bit of an impasse." He also reaches out psionically to try and probe the speakers mind.
Last edited by Seswarick on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Smarts 8, success
Smarts 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
The merc has an extremely strong will and shrugs off LaVode's mind reading attempt, "No more tricks. The book. Now!"

The face they haven't opened fire yet means they likely want the book in tact. That also means the book is the only thing keep the group alive at the moment.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:28 pm
Smarts 8, success
Smarts Original post: 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
The merc has an extremely strong will and shrugs off LaVode's mind reading attempt, "No more tricks. The book. Now!"

The face they haven't opened fire yet means they likely want the book in tact. That also means the book is the only thing keep the group alive at the moment.
Harris tries to reach into the spokesman's mind to learn who sent them but is rebuffed. Hmm, stubborn bastard, huh "We want paid and for our guy to live, you want paid, and none of us wants ISS to join the party. So maybe you let ole Skip down and see what kind of deal he'll give you boys to pretend you botched the job. We dealt with too much shit today to just hand it over."
Persuasion
Persuasion 1d10+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm

"Listen, I got no beef with you. Just need the book, you don't want to make an enemy of my boss." With that he mutters something to one of the others nearby, "Mist the talkative one."
Agility 7
Agility 1d8: 7
Shooting 7, 19 Damage, AP 2
Shooting 1d8: 7
Damage 3d6+1 = 15: 5, 3, 6
Ace 1d6: 4
Interrupt (Everyone Read)
Since everyone is considered "on hold" anyone can attempt to interrupt the shooter with an opposed Agility roll (target 7). Hitting him carries the same lighting and cover penalties from above apply. Other bad guys will also get opposed Agility rolls too, so if you open fire (before or after he shoots LaVode) it'll be a chaotic opposed agility free for all.
Illumination: -6
Cover: -2
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Rolls
Notice = 6 total.
Modifiers: +2 but -6.
Notice die 1d8: 5, Wild die 1d6: 4.
Extra Effort 1d6: 3 (+2 from Elan).

Agility check for interrupting if needed = 9 total.
Agility die 1d10: 9, Wild die 1d6: 1.

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: Shooting Skip's rope to 'free' him (+4 to total) = 10 total.
Shooting die 1d10: 6, Wild die 1d6: 4.

NG Equalizer: Shooting the guy talking as well = 6 total.
Modifiers: -2 for cover, -4 for lights (some negating by cybernetics), +4 from cybernetics and helmet, +1 from gun.
Shooting die 1d10: 4, Wild die 1d6: 4.
Extra Effort: 1d6: 1 (+2 from Elan).

Damage: 3d6: 4, 3, 3, Raise (if the lights are shot out) 1d6: 5 = 10 damage (15 if a raise).
-Special: If hit, whether damaged or not, the target of the attack rolls Strength versus the shooting roll of the attacker. If the target fails, they are knocked prone, or pushed 1" and knocked prone if the shooter gets a raise on the roll. This does not affect targets size 3 or greater. If they hit an obstacle while being pushed, they can be Shaken, as per the Push Maneuver on SWD p. 85. The same page also has information on the effects of Prone.

Kincaid waited for a moment to see what his current teammates would do. But things seemed to be degenerating fast. Unfortunately, it was headed in the direction he was most used to. So he shook his head and finally spoke up. "Fuck this."

He didn't step forward, but he brought up both pistols that were in hand. He fired one of them at the rope hanging their fixer to free him. Even as he did so, he was already in motion to find cover. He could feel the adrenaline kicking in as he moved. The second pistol kicked as well as he aimed at where the voice was coming from.
Last edited by Kincaid on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:41 pm

Agility 26
Agility 1d8: 3
Wild 1d6: 2
Benny to reroll
Agility 1d8: 2
Wild 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Ace 1d6+12 = 18: 6
Ace 1d6+18 = 24: 6
Ace 1d6+24 = 26: 2
Greater Deflection 12; Raise
-2 MAP
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d10-2 = 8: 10
Ace 1d10+8 = 12: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Shooting 5
-2 MAP, +2 Shotgun
Shooting 1d6: 2
Wild 1d6: 5
Chi-Town/Level 4/Warehouse
Night
Round 1

As Zeke heard the order to open fire, he was already moving, muttering the words and making the gestures of a spell. His for blurred, making him hard to see as the shadows wrapped around him.

But he didn’t stop, raising his shotgun as he ran for cover. He fired at the bright light, hoping to shatter it and ruin their enemies’ ability to see them. The glass shattered, plunging the warehouse into darkness.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Agility
Agility 1d8: 7
Wild 1d6: 5
Venatus Vinco wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm
"Listen, I got no beef with you. Just need the book, you don't want to make an enemy of my boss." With that he mutters something to one of the others nearby, "Mist the talkative one."
At that the warehouse explodes with gunfire and frantic action. Two of his companions blast out the spotlights and he sees Skip drop when Kincaid severs the rope. Harris breaks for cover getting behind a crate just in time as the shot aimed at him blasts into it. Splinters fly around him as part of the cover explodes, he pops up for a second squeezing off a shot at big guy. The plasma round from his NG slams into the giant, catching him square in the chest and superheated gas envelopes the man.
Shooting 5 to hit, 22 damage AP0 plasma
Shooting 1d8+1 = 6: 5 -2
Wild 1d6+1 = 7: 6 -2
Damage if applicable, 3d8: 3, 2, 8 Ace 1d8+13 = 21: 8 Ace! 1d8+21 = 22: 1
Last edited by Harris LaVode on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:59 am

Fisk's actions
Agility
1d10: 5

Benny to EE Agility with prior and Elan
1d6+7 = 12: 5

WD Agility
1d6: 5

Fisk shooting at the lights
1d6: 6

Ace with prior
1d6+6 = 9: 3

WD Shooting
1d6: 1
Fisk begins to make a play at talking. "Listen. I'm sure we can work something..." But is interrupted by the command to "mist" one of his associates.
"...out. Like the lights. Sorry, gents. I left my shades in the car. I'll turn 'em off for you though!" He snatches his pistol to aim, and fires at one of the lights blinding the crew on the floor. His shot successful, he immediately dives for anything that looks like solid cover and not just concealment. He shouts to his comrades. "Radio La Roux! Tell him to abort and take the book to the backup meet!" If that makes them pause even half a beat, it might be enough for us to get an advantage.
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:42 am

Agility 14; Strength 12 for trick
Agility 1d8: 1
Wild 1d6: 5
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 11: 6 = Ace! 1d6+11 = 14: 3

Strength check to topple shelving as a Trick
Strength 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
"Oh, balls," Magnus mutters as the group's attempts at stalling sputter and die. He's been in enough fights to know when the other guy's about to throw a punch -- and is quick enough to get a jab of his own in first.

As the staccato pop and sizzle of gun- and laserfire erupts around him, Magnus charges forward with a roar, heading straight for the stack of industrial shelving hiding several of the ambushers. Head down, he slams his shoulder into the steel struts with the force of a cast-iron bull on a mag-lev track, toppling it over in a screaming tangle of struts and buckled shelves.

That oughta confuse things a bit, he thinks, ducking for cover as he scans the immediate area for potential victims.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Kincaid's aim was a better than he could have hoped for with the lights being shot out by his teammates. Obviously he was fine with the lights there, but having them shot out did make it easier for his cybereyes to target. As he was heading to cover, his head whipped to the side slightly and he had to correct his 'course' a bit when he heard what Fisk shouted out. But he quickly snapped angrily at him, only partially faked as he almost missed a step. "Oh great, just GIVE them his name, why don't you, rookie!"
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Fisk growls, hoping to keep the ruse going if only to send sour intel to any would-be listeners. "I think the time for code names went out the window with 'mist the talkative one' don't ya think?!"
He grins within himself. He's quick on his feet. I could get used to working with that one. Hell of a shot too.
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:55 am

Chaos
26 Zeke
14 Magnus
12 Mercenaries (4) 1d8: 8 Ace 1d8: 4
12 Fisk
9 Kincaid
7 LaVode
7 Shooter (1)
5 Mercenaries (3) 1d8: 5
2 Wilport (WC) 1d10: 2 1d6: 1
2 Titan (WC) 1d6: 1 1d6: 2
Joey (on hold)
Temperance (on hold)
Digit (on hold)

Shooting 1d8-2 = -1: 1 (Mercs 4)
Strength 1d12+1 = 9: 8

Kincaid 1d8: 6 3d6+1 = 12: 6, 1, 4 Ace 1d6: 2 AP 2
Fisk 1d8: 5 3d6+1 = 11: 3, 3, 4 AP 2
Magus Shooting 1d8-2 = 2: 4

Kincaid (Headshot) 1d10-2 = 7: 9 1d6-2 = 0: 2 Damage 3d6+6 = 14: 6, 1, 1 Ace: 1d6: 1 AP 2

Unshake 1d8+2 = 8: 6

Supressive Fire 1d8: 6 1d6: 3
Extra Effort 1d6: 2
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:54 am

Big Trouble in Little Chi-Town

"Listen, I got no beef with you. Just need the book, you don't want to make an enemy of my boss." With that he mutters something to one of the others nearby, "Mist the talkative one."

Before anyone could react Zeke was already moving, muttering the words and making the gestures of a spell. His for blurred, making him hard to see as the shadows wrapped around him.

But he didn’t stop, raising his shotgun as he ran for cover. He fired at the bright light, hoping to shatter it and ruin their enemies’ ability to see them. The glass shattered, plunging the warehouse into darkness.

With uncanny quickness and grace Zeke shoots out one of the lights with his shotgun, reducing the glare considerably and force the surrounding troops to adjust to the sudden change in lighting.

"Oh, balls," Magnus mutters as the group's attempts at stalling sputter and die. He's been in enough fights to know when the other guy's about to throw a punch -- and is quick enough to get a jab of his own in first.

A half second before the staccato pop and sizzle of gun- and laserfire erupts around him, Magnus charges forward with a roar, heading straight for the stack of industrial shelving hiding several of the ambushers. Head down, he slams his shoulder into the steel struts with the force of a cast-iron bull on a mag-lev track, toppling it over in a screaming tangle of struts and buckled shelves.

That oughta confuse things a bit, he thinks, ducking for cover as he scans the immediate area for potential victims.

The old shelving units come crashing down in a twisted heap and send a group of mercenaries scrambling to get out of the way and preventing them from opening fire effectively (-2 on all actions for this round). However, they are disciplined and manage to fire back but the blasts are wide and ineffective.

As chaos breaks out around him Fisk snatches his pistol to aim, and fires at one of the lights blinding the crew on the floor. His shot successful, he immediately dives for anything that looks like solid cover and not just concealment. He shouts to his comrades. "Radio La Roux! Tell him to abort and take the book to the backup meet!" If that makes them pause even half a beat, it might be enough for us to get an advantage.

The second light goes out, plunging the warehouse into dank darkness. Everyone takes a moment to let their eyes and optics adjust to the new lighting situation. Buying Kindcaid a moment to see what his current teammates would do. But things seemed to be degenerating fast. Unfortunately, it was headed in the direction he was most used to. So he shook his head and finally spoke up. "Fuck this."
Illumination Penalty
Lighting penalty for all -2 unless offset by optics.
He didn't step forward, but he brought up both pistols that were in hand. He fired one of them at the rope hanging their fixer to free him. Even as he did so, he was already in motion to find cover. He could feel the adrenaline kicking in as he moved. The second pistol kicked as well as he aimed at where the voice was coming from.

Kincaid's aim was a better than he could have hoped for with the lights being shot out by his teammates. Obviously he was fine with the lights there, but having them shot out did make it easier for his cybereyes to target. As he was heading to cover, his head whipped to the side slightly and he had to correct his 'course' a bit when he heard what Fisk shouted out. But he quickly snapped angrily at him, only partially faked as he almost missed a step. "Oh great, just GIVE them his name, why don't you, rookie!"

Fisk growls, hoping to keep the ruse going if only to send sour intel to any would-be listeners. "I think the time for code names went out the window with 'mist the talkative one' don't ya think?!"

He grins within himself. He's quick on his feet. I could get used to working with that one. Hell of a shot too.


Skip falls to the ground with the crunch of break bones, screaming loudly as the fall hurts his mortal body hits the pavement awkwardly. Kincaid’s second shot just barely grazes the ring leader in the shoulder, forcing him to turn his body to absorb the blow but he manages to stay on his feet and look none the worse for wear.

At that the warehouse explodes with gunfire and frantic action. Two of his companions blast out the spotlights and he sees Skip drop when Kincaid severs the rope. Harris breaks for cover getting behind a crate just in time as the shot aimed at him blasts into it. Splinters fly around him as part of the cover explodes, he pops up for a second squeezing off a shot at big guy. The plasma round from his NG slams into the giant, catching him square in the chest and superheated gas envelopes the figure..who is obviously not a man. The full environmental armor makes it hard to tell but the massive figure has a helmet with a snout like a dog boy or other animal and stands over eight feet tall. The plasma seems to shake him for a moment but all in all his armor protects him from the worst of it (Shaken).

Recovering from the chaos a second group of mercenaries open fire with controlled bursts, trying to pin the group down without damaging the book. Fisk and Kincaid, still in the open, take shots directly in their centre mass - these guys were good.
Damage
Kincaid 14, AP 2
Fisk 11, AP 2
Seeing the situation devolve the speaker rallies his troops, ”Stay disciplined! Controlled fire.” Leading by example he takes a bead on Kincaid and catches the techno-warrior with a professional headshot.
Headshot
15 Damage, AP 2
Unphased by the plasma blast the big man cycles his TX-50 light rail gun and sweeps the room. Purposely aiming high to make everyone put their heads down.
Suppressive Fire 8
All possible targets within the area make Spirit rolls, adding any cover modifiers they would normally have against ranged attacks to this roll. Those who fail are Shaken. Those who roll a 1 on their Spirit die (regardless of any Wild Dice) are actually hit by the attack and suffer damage normally (2d8+2, AP 4).

Cover: Unless you mentioned in your post you went to cover I assumed no. Cover provides -2/+2 modifier.
Cards
Joey (on hold)
Temperance (on hold)
Digit (on hold)
Zeke J!, 4D
Magnus J!, AD, 2C
Mercenaries (4) KH
Wilport (WC) QH, 5C
Mercenaries (4) JC
Titan (WC) 10 S
Kincaid KC, 10H
Fisk 4H, 7S
LaVode 4S, 2D

Zeke and Magus get the Jokers, everyone take 2 bennies!
Target Numbers
All bad guys are behind -2 cover.

"Big Guy" with rail gun toughness is 21 (8), Parry 6
"Talker" toughness is 17 (8), also has Dodge Edge an additional -1 to hit.
Mercenaries 12 (5)
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Rolls and OOC Stuff
Shaken by first shot. 1 Benny to Unshake before headshot rolls in.

Spirit roll vs Suppressing Fire.
Spirit die 1d6: 6, Ace die 1d6: 5, Wild die 1d6: 5.

The first shot hit Kincaid in the shoulder, spinning him slightly, but he stayed on his feet. The second shot hit his head, but not square on, and actually hit a piece of the metal inside his skull, deflecting the brunt of the impact. The end result is that Kincaid staggered a bit, but started to look angry as the suppressing fire swept past him and he narrowed his eyes.

"First one to throw their gun down and run away I let live."
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Spirit 7; Benny to Unshake
1d6+2 = 7: 5 (+2 for Aegis)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Diggy weathers the railgun fire behind an old storage crate which miraculously keeps him safe.

He catches sight of Zeke and shouts, "Magic kid! Over here, quick!"

Then he lines up a bead on the goon with a railgun and and asks CQP to do some trajectory corrections for him before firing.
Shooting 6 and 11 Damage, AP 4
Shooting: 1d6+1 = 6: 5 (+1 TK Revolver)
Wild: 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Damage: 2d6+2 = 11: 4, 5 Damage, AP 4
Ignore ALL of this
GM reminded me that you can't fan the hammer with one hand. Whoops. Such a clusterfuck.

Fanning the Hammer
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -1: 2 (-4 Rapid Atack, +1 Shooting; -2 Parry)
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 12: 6-3=9 Ace: 1d6+9 = 12: 3
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Wild: 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 10: 4-3=7

Damage 1: 3d6+2 = 11: 1, 4, 4 Damage, AP 4
Damage 2: 2d6+2 = 10: 5, 3 Damage, AP 4

Reroll
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace: 1d6+3 = 6: 3 (-4 Rapid Atack, +1 Shooting; -2 Parry)
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace: 1d6+3 = 9: 6 Ace: 1d6+9 = 11: 2
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Wild: 1d6-3 = 0: 3

Reroll
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -2: 1 (-4 Rapid Atack, +1 Shooting; -2 Parry)
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace: 1d6+3 = 9: 6 Ace: 1d6+9 = 12: 3
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Wild: 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Rolled these Damages assuming this set of Shooting die were a Crit Fail. I Fubar'd the other Rolls
Reroll
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 0: 3 (-4 Rapid Atack, +1 Shooting; -2 Parry)
Shooting: 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 3: 6 Ace: 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Shooting: 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Wild: 1d6-3 = 1: 4

2d6+2 = 12: 6, 4 Ace: 1d6+12 = 15: 3 Damage, AP 4
2d6+2 = 10: 4, 4 Damage, AP 4
2d6+2 = 7: 2, 3 Damage, AP 4
2d6+2 = 11: 4, 5 Damage, AP 4
2d6+2 = 12: 4, 6 Ace: 1d6+12 = 13: 1 Damage, AP 4
2d6+2 = 4: 1, 1 Damage, AP 4
I accidentally rolled 5 sets of die instead of 4. I stopped when I thought I crit failed, the final set above the line in OOC tag with damages.

When I realized I had not crit faild, I decided to throw caution to the wind and roll again. When I did, the die roller said it had been edited since I submittd so I just backed out. Went back in and pasted the rolls I had made and submitted...ended up with 5 sets.

No idea what I should do. Because I have rolled 6 damage rolls (for my crit fail which...was not a crit fail) and a 5th set of die. Not sure which to delete or how to proceed.

Reroll
Shooting 1d6-3 = 3: 6 (-4 Rapid Atack, +1 Shooting; -2 Parry)
Shooting 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Shooting 1d6-3 = 3: 6
Shooting 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Shooting 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Shooting 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Wild: 1d6-3 = 1: 4

Reroll
Shooting 1d6-3 = 0: 3 (-4 Rapid Atack, +1 Shooting; -2 Parry)
Shooting 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Shooting 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Shooting 1d6-3 = -1: 2
Shooting 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Shooting 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Wild: 1d6-3 = -2: 1
The goon takes a shot of magical gunfire square in the chest, but he doesn't even flinch.

'Should have kept the shotgun. Fracking magical bullshit.'

"Damnit, Kid! I need a refill. Hurry up!" Digit shouts at Zeke again.

Invent PP: 2/2
  • Aegis: -2 to be hit (Melee or Range). Suffering from One Arm Hindrance.
  • Personal Force Field: Toughness at 13(5).
Last edited by Digit Havoc on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Fisk runs and guns
Spirit to recover from Shaken
1d8: 2

WD Spirit
1d6: 5

Moving to cover, firing at random merc on the run
Shooting TX-26
1d6-2 = 0: 2

WD Shooting
1d6-2 = 1: 3

Benny EE Shooting with prior and Elan
1d6+3 = 9: 6
Ace with prior
1d6+9 = 11: 2

Damage with raise, AP 2
2d8+3 = 16: 7, 6
1d6: 3
Fisk's extra plating makes the difference between a wake-up call and a seeping hole. He shakes off the impact of the gunfire, then sprints towards cover. On a lucky shot, he squeezes his pistol up and behind, managing to drill a new hole in one of the mercs. "Son of a bitch must pay!' He lands behind a stack of crates, hoping to dodge some of the incoming violence being sent their way. "Hey tin can! I got a book you can read! It's called 'Get Bent!'"
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Slice, Dice and Pulverize
If I need to Run to engage targets let me know -- assume after closing the previous round and this I can get to them.

Splitting attacks among 3 foes if possible. Attacking with Frenzy (2 knife attacks at -2) and Ambi/2Fisted (for an off-hand unarmed attack at no penalty) and Wild Attack (for +2 to hit and damage, -2 Parry). Joker adds another +2 to hit and +2 damage. 3 extra Bennies to work with this round.

Fighting 1 (knife) 1d12+4 = 15: 11 = Hit with a Raise if Parry is 11 or lower
1d6+4 = 6: 2
Damage 1d12+2 = 6: 4+ 2d6+2 = 8: 5, 1+4+ 1d6: 5 = 23 damage, AP 4 = 3 Wounds vs. Mercenary

Fighting 2 (knife) 1d12+4 = 5: 1
1d6+4 = 9: 5 + Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+9 = 10: 1 = Hit, with a Raise if Parry is 6 or lower
Damage 1d12+2 = 8: 6+ 2d6+2 = 13: 5, 6+4+ 1d6: 4 = Ace! 1d6+25 = 28: 3 = 28 damage, AP 4 (or 32 damage, AP 4 if Parry 6 or less) = 5 Wounds (or 6) vs. Mercenary

Fighting 3 (fist) 1d12+4 = 16: 12 = Ace! 1d12+16 = 18: 2 = Hit with a Raise if Parry is 14 or lower
1d6+4 = 9: 5
Damage 1d12+2 = 13: 11+ 1d4+2 = 5: 3+4+ 1d6: 2 = 24 damage = 3 Wounds vs. Mercenary


EDIT: Forgot to roll Spirit vs. Suppressive Fire. d8, +2 from the Joker
Spirit 1d8+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4 = Success
Magnus begins laughing like a lunatic when the railgun starts to stutter and the lasers fly -- it was an old trick he'd picked up fighting in the pits, threw lots of guys off, even the experienced fighters sometimes. And it was kind of fun.

Wasting no time, he launches himself over the tumbled storage shelves and into fighting range of the the soldiers beyond, blade in one hand and a curled fist on the other side.

He drops into a crouch before launching himself at the first armored gunman, coming in low and leading with his dragon-carved blade. The razor-sharp point crunches through the goon's chest-plate like it was plaster, and Magnus twists the blade free as he feels warm blood spurt out onto his hand.

He spins around the dead man, using him for cover before he leaps onto his next victim. He grabs the mook with his left arm, twisting him into a bear hug as the knife comes up and across, slicing through the man's neck guard and nearly decapitating him.

The third gunman tries to bring his rifle up to fire, so Magnus shoves the corpse in his arms at him. The (temporarily) living goon stumbles backward, all tangled up with his dead comrade, giving Magnus plenty of time to close. Blocking the man's rifle with his knife, Magnus grabs hold of his helmet with his left hand and smashes it into the ground, repeatedly, until blood smears the concrete.

"Still want that book, or think you can find any easier payday somewhere else?" he says, eyes searching the warehouse for more victims.

Two mercs take 3 Wounds each; the third merc takes either 5 or 5 Wounds, depending on his Parry. Magnus is at Parry 6 for the round.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:01 am

cover fire, failed
Spirit 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2 bennie for EE 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Digit Havoc wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:23 pm
"Damnit, Kid! I need a refill. Hurry up!" Digit shouts at Zeke again.
Are you fucking kidding? I'll have to handle that before one of the big guys do..After tho Deciding it was time to assert himself some Harris hollers to the team. "Joey, get Skip in the truck. Digi get the door open. Everyone else get ready to go." Then he pops back out of cover and takes aim at the spokesman for their foes.
Shooting,
Modifiers: -1 dodge, -2 cover, +1 weapon, +2 marksman. Net 0 Forgot lighting, -2
Shooting 1d6-2 = -1: 1 -2=1
Wild 1d8-2 = 3: 5-2=2
Bennie for reroll
Shooting 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Bennie for reroll
Shooting 1d8-6 = -3: 3 oops, -2 but still crap
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Bennie for reroll
Shooting 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
His shot goes wide and plasma erupts over the attackers cover, flames briefly lining the shelving.
Last edited by Harris LaVode on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 am

Spirit 17
+6 Greater Deflection, +1 Shroud
Spirit 1d6+7 = 11: 4
Wild 1d6+7 = 13: 6
Ace 1d6+13 = 17: 4
Number of foes caught 6
Number of foes caught in the Burst. Zeke is aiming for the rail gun man. He will prioritize: Rail Gun, Boss, Mercs.
2d4: 4, 2
Greater Burst 15; 2 raises; A raise halves movement on target’s next movement. Targets within the template may make Agility rolls versus the caster’s arcane skill roll to avoid
-2 illumination, +2 from armor
Spellcasting 1d10: 10
Ace 1d10+10 = 15: 5
Wild 1d6: 4
Damage 22
3d12: 7, 11, 1 + 1d6: 3
Chi-Town/Level 4/Warehouse
Night
Round 2

Zeke kept his head down as he dove behind cover while their enemies sprayed the room with railgun fire. He breathed heavily, never having been in such a firefight before. Usually he went one on one with some heavy in an alley. Zeke eyed Skip lying groaning in pain on the floor. Damn.

Then Diggy was yelling at him. "Magic kid! Over here, quick!"

Zeke started to move, but then ducked as more railgun fire swept the room.

"Damnit, Kid! I need a refill. Hurry up!" Diggy yelled.

Zeke scowled at the man. What was he asking for? Did he think Zeke was his personal gas station?

Keeping his head down, Zeke scampered over to Diggy. “What do you need?” he asked. He stood up and aimed his shotgun, but this time, instead of a spray of pellets the runes on the barrel glowed white and it released a large burst of ice, snow, and cold at the man firing the rail gun, catching several other mercenaries as well.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:54 am

Zeke Walker wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 am
Chi-Town/Level 4/Warehouse
Night
Round 2

Then Diggy was yelling at him. "Magic kid! Over here, quick!"

Zeke started to move, but then ducked as more railgun fire swept the room.

"Damnit, Kid! I need a refill. Hurry up!" Diggy yelled.

Zeke scowled at the man. What was he asking for? Did he think Zeke was his personal gas station?

Keeping his head down, Zeke scampered over to Diggy. “What do you need?” he asked. He stood up and aimed his shotgun, but this time, instead of a spray of pellets the runes on the barrel glowed white and it released a large burst of ice, snow, and cold at the man firing the rail gun, catching several other mercenaries as well.
Uncharacteristically, Diggy blushes just barely and says, "Just picked this thing up not long ago. Guy swore I could use it, and that it could punch a hole through M.D.C. materials."

Diggy waves his cyberhand, now Aegis, at Zeke before continuing, "At the time, it sounded like a good back-up for a guy who doesn't always have two hands. Bastard never showed me how to juice it back up...Uh, think you can help an old man out?"
Last edited by Digit Havoc on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:03 pm

Kincaid took aim at the person who had shot in the head and let out the faintest of growls. He began firing at the man, even as he walked to put himself behind cover. He was hard to kill, but he wasn't suicidal. And that one guy seemed to be carrying a rail gun, for crying out loud! The NG Equalizer made a loud bang noise as the powerful shot surged forward. It didn't actually seem to hurt the guy, but it kicked like a mule when it hit him nonetheless. The Particle Beam...THAT seemed to actually do a bit of damage. Kincaid grinned as he put his back to some cover. He thought about changing the load out on the Equalized...but that stuff was EXPENSIVE!

Over the coms he asked the team, "That bastard shot me in the head!" Pause. "Can anyone tell if Skip is still alive?"


Rolls
Spirit to un-Shaken. 1 Benny spent.
Spirit die 1d6: 1, Wild die 1d6: 3.

Shooting the 'professional headshot' (the "Talker").

NG Equalizer: 10 to hit. 15 damage and test to be knocked back/prone.
  • +1 for sight, +2 for cybernetics, +2 for helmet (and remove up to -2 penalty for cybernetics).
  • Shooting die 1d6: 1, Wild die 1d6: 5.
  • Damage: 3d6: 1, 4, 1, Benny to reroll: 3d6: 1, 4, 5, Raise 1d6: 5.
    • Special: If hit, whether damaged or not, the target of the attack rolls Strength versus the shooting roll of the attacker. If the target fails, they are knocked prone, or pushed 1" and knocked prone if the shooter gets a raise on the roll. This does not affect targets size 3 or greater. If they hit an obstacle while being pushed, they can be Shaken, as per the Push Maneuver on SWD p. 85. The same page also has information on the effects of Prone.
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: : 9 to hit. 19 damage, AP 2.
  • +2 for cybernetics, +2 for helmet (and remove up to -2 penalty for cybernetics).
  • Shooting die 1d6: 3, Wild die 1d6: 5.
  • Damage: 3d8+3 = 15: 3, 4, 5, (ignore the last die, it's only 2d8), Raise 1d6: 6, Ace 1d6: 3.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 am

Location: Chi-town / Level 4

Joey freezes for moment when all hell breaks loose. Taking a second to gather his wits, joey see the big guy takes all sorts of hits and keep standing. ”Oh yeah!! Someone who is my size. Gotta take him out if i want to help skip’ with a roll of his massive shoulders, Joey preps for his beat down.

First he makes sure his cyber is up and running, ”don't want any surprises.” Then he takes a sniff of the air, in the form of a deep breath. Making sure to get the big guys scent. ”in case he cheats.” then finally he slams his stun knucks together to activate them and charges the big guy.

Using the distance to gain momentum, Joey slams his considerable bulk into the big guy at the same time and slamming both his fists into the chest of his opponent. As the guy rocks back, hopefully falling, Joey scoops up Skip and hauls ass towards their ride. using his bulk as cover, he will take as much damage as possible along the way.

Fighting 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring - +2 to all Fighting checks.
Ravenlocke Security’s JointLock Stun Gloves. The reinforced, insulated palm conductor, can easily send its stunning jolt through a parried conductive weapon. Only requires a touch attack (+2 Fighting) to use. Target must make a Vigor roll at -2. Failure means he’s automatically Shaken.

Wild die 1d6: 3

Not sure on dice rolls and such but….

Mighty Blow - Double melee damage when dealt Joker
X2 Reinforced frame (2) - +4 toughness
Bandito Arms StunKnucks - Damage: Str+d6 / Special: Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.
Combat Sense (Hindrances): Opponents halve Gang Up bonuses against him (round down).
Danger Sense (Cyber): Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs / If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73).

User avatar
Temperance
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Temperance » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:35 pm

"Smoke Out", yells Temperance lofting a smoke grenade in Joey's wake, partially shielding them from direct fire.
Roll for Grenade
Throwing = 1d4: 1
Wild die = 1d6: 4
"Get Skip into the van and let's get the hell out of here"

"Why does nothing ever go simply", she curses inwardly. "This was supposed to be a little snatch and grab, no drama, quick payday. Now we're facing down freakin' mini-guns."

"Still, the job is what the job is. Gotta keep my head down and stay professional".

She pulls out her pistol and starts laying down covering fire.

"Anytime you're ready gentlemen", she hollers, "Think we left the stove on, we'd should probably be going"
Abigail "Temperance" Williams
Character Details
Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/5
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Edges: Attractive, Charismatic, Healer, Nerves of Steel, Brave, Strong Willed

Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Massacre in the Garment District
Moving in uncanny tandem, Zeke takes the left flank and Magnus takes the right...killing everything in their wake. Zeke's magical blast catches all four mercenaries on one side of the room blowing them to kingdom come. Simultaneously, Magnus leaps over the shelving and brutalizes three mercenaries. Where there were eight, there now remains only one...staring at a wild eyed Magnus. Taking his cue from the others Fat joey charges the rail gunner and tries to take him down with the stun knuckles, but the massive mountain of a man-thing shakes off the blow with ease. Unfortunately, a total massacre is avoided when Temperance sets off a smoke grenade filling the entire warehouse with a thick, obscuring cloud (-4 illumination penalty in the middle of the room, allowing her to move in a grab Skip but also blocking the shot for everyone else in the group.

Using the smoke as a distraction, the talker gives the order to bug out as he, the big man, and the lone remaining mercenary switch to automatic fire. Rail gun rounds and laser blasts from L-20 pulse rifles blanket the room in fire, forcing everyone to get their heads down.
Suppression Fire
Make a Spirit roll at -3 or be Shaken...or simply let them retreat.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:26 pm

"Frak it, kid. Walk me through this later. Magical bullshit," Diggy mutters to Zeke.

Diggy holsters the revolver and then deactivates aegis. Electromagnetically locked bits of metal fall to the ground and his cyberhand takes its normal shape again.

Digit shouts, "What the hell are we waiting on? Someone grab Skip and lets go, you heard the lady!"

The old man books it to the car, jumps in and grabs his computer. He jacks in with his pinky cable, leans back, and closes his eyes.
Computers 9
K/Comp: 1d6+5 = 8: 3 (Interface +4, FC Grade I +1: Add -2 to total if relevant info is encrypted [Broadcast])
Wild: 1d6+5 = 9: 4
'CQP, patch into any local surveilance or comms. Check for inbound hostiles or ambush situations.'

Searching.
Searching..
Searching...

Local surveilance systems located.

Accessing.
Accessing..
Accessing...

Access granted.

Audio/Video uplink established.

Intercepting local comm broadcasts.

Local comms patched through.

All tasks completed, sir. Next, might I suggest over-pressurizing the local utilities again?


'Adjust parameters snark by -20% and shut-the-frack-up by 35%.'

'Error. Invalid commands. Please refer to the user manual...'

'Hah! User manual! Bite me. Anyhow, Excellent work CQP. As before, highlight the most immediate concerns for Fisk via vehicular systems.'


'Right away, sir.'

Diggy calls out over comms in an extremely even, monotonous tone, "I've got my eyes in the sky. Ears too."
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Magnus bares his teeth at the remaining mercenary, but lets the coward retreat without pursuit.

Instead, he grabs the least-messy mercenary corpse and slings it over his shoulder before hoofing it through the smoke toward Fisk's chariot.

He shoves the dead merc into the seat next to Digit and squeezes in himself, in the process causing the body to slump over, head-first, into the hacker's lap.

"Brought you a new friend, Dr. Doogie. Don't think he'll be too talkative, but his gear may tell us something about where he came from. Hell, maybe he's written his name in his undies."

Magnus waves his hand over the corpse: "Probably ought to do the scanner-thingy to make sure he's not carrying any trackers and shit, too. And don't let the blood get on the upholstery, or Fisk will be pissed."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am

Kincaid rolled his eyes as some of his allies sounded off with various orders and witty repartee. The straight-up killing of some of their enemies elicited a different, quiet response from him. He moved his head to the side as suppressing fire came in again, but didn't feel the need to chase down the ambushing assholes. "Yeah. You better run." But that was said quietly, not for the fleeing enemies to hear.

He holstered his pistols once the suppressing fire stopped. Then he walked over to Skip's body, alive or not, and picked him up, hoisting him over his shoulders in a fireman-style carry. He walked out to Fisk's ride and paused as he saw the mercenary body. "Come ON, Magnus! TRUNK not a seat! We don't need more bodies taking up space." But there was humor in his voice. He 'helped' Skip in to the vehicle as well.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Kincaid wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am
"Come ON, Magnus! TRUNK not a seat! We don't need more bodies taking up space." But there was humor in his voice. He 'helped' Skip in to the vehicle as well.
"But I wanted Dr. Fingers to check him first, in case he's got a tracker stuck up his ass or something," Magnus says, his smile widening. "Come on, Digs, pop a finger or two in there and see if he's safe to bring home. Hell, probably oughta check Skip while you're at it."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Harris tries in vain to get another clear look at one of their attackers thru the smoke and gloom but can't. Seeing the fixer hoisted on Kincaid's shoulder he makes for the SUV himself. He keeps his eyes pealed and gun ready in case the retreat is a ruse, holding at the door until the rest of the team is on board before getting in himself. The banter is reassuring, Only Skip is hurt is seems.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 am

Chi-Town/Level 4/Warehouse
Night
Round 0

Zeke followed Digi with relief as Temperance popped smoke to obscure them. The other guys were also bugging out. Zeke tried not to think of the frozen popsicles of men he had left standing in the warehouse.

As he climbed into the vehicle, Zeke let his magic drop. He jumped when Magnus deposited a dead mercenary in the middle of them.

Trying not to show how shaken killing multiple people had made him, Zeke calmly reloaded his shotgun with a bit of magic.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 am

Fisk wastes no time seeking cover from the suppressive fire. Once the smoke goes, combat seems mostly over, much to his satisfaction. Did good there, Ed. Now...GO. He checks to ensure there are no campers waiting to pop off, then makes a beeline for the ride. He slides into the driver's seat in as smooth a motion as you'd expect out of someone born to drive. He bites his tongue as he notices the corpse in the backseat, but doesn't question Magnus' reasoning. "Good thinking, Red. Cleaning the upholstery isn't as tough as you'd think. No comment on whether this is the first stiff to leak on the seats."
Once the rest of the crew gets into the ride, he hits the gas and speeds off into the night until he thinks they've got enough distance to be safe from tails. He tapers off the speed then, but in the meantime, has a question burning in his head that doesn't wait for an invitation. "Skip okay? What the actual, jiggy hell just happened? How'd they know where the meet was?! Someone turn on us?!"
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 am

Edwin Fisk wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 am
Once the rest of the crew gets into the ride, he hits the gas and speeds off into the night until he thinks they've got enough distance to be safe from tails. He tapers off the speed then, but in the meantime, has a question burning in his head that doesn't wait for an invitation. "Skip okay? What the actual, jiggy hell just happened? How'd they know where the meet was?! Someone turn on us?!"
"Stopping there wasn't part of the plan, it was just a temporary safehouse Skip and I set up on the fly after we grabbed the book. Considering the time between the call and us getting there, my guess is they already had Skip when I called and had dragged him there to set an ambush." Harris reaches out to check the fixer for a pulse and looks the man over for wounds. "Skip's still alive and doesn't look seriously hurt. Maybe?" Harris turns to Zeke "Your gang pals, maybe see if they'd like to roll those dead assholes. They get everything but coms or anything else that may clue us to who sent em. Wish I'd had time to examine them.." At that the detective begins to pat down the corpse looking for anything that may give a clue.
Investigation to search the corpse 8 total
Investigation 1d10+2 = 8: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Temperance
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Temperance » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:27 pm

"Dammit, give me room to work, and try not to hit too many bumps in the road", Temperance barks over her shoulder as she kneels astride skips body. Coolly she set to work examining the fixer. Pulse was there, if weak, eyes unresponsive, breathing. . .

"Not breathing. How long was he up there, when did he stop kicking?", she examined his neck, probing gently with her slim fingers assessing the damage done by the rope.
OOC Comments
Healing: 1d8+2 = 6: 4
Wild Dice: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
She watches his chest heave trying to draw breath. She checks his mouth for obstructions, that his airway is unobstructed. "Crushed trachea most likely she surmised" ,she grabbed her field medic kit and unrolled it on the seat.

"Hold him steady", she says to Joey. "Be a shame for him to die under my hands after we went to so much trouble to save him".

She tilts Skips head back and measures two fingers down from his adams apple. Deftly she makes one horizontal incision and inserts a short plastic tube. With a slight whistling sound, Skip's heaving chest was able to draw breath once more, and after a few more laboured breaths began to settle into a more even rhythm.

"OK, he's out cold, but he'll live. Could do with somewhere quiet to hole up for a while. Field medicine is all very well, but he needs some place to rest, while I check him out more thoroughly".
Abigail "Temperance" Williams
Character Details
Character Sheet
Bennies: 4/5
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Edges: Attractive, Charismatic, Healer, Nerves of Steel, Brave, Strong Willed

Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Skip is still awake, trying to scream but his trachea is damaged from the noose. Worse yet his broken legs at being shot down from the ceiling are really messed up. After a few minutes in cramped quarters Temperance manages to set the Fixer’s legs and get his pain under control, but he’ll need an RMK to knit the bones, or weeks in a cast. The trachea will be fine, just needs some time - and Skip will be drinking from a straw for a while. A clinic to recover in would do him well.

Using his phone skip manages to text a short message, ”Wilcott knew about the book deal Trying to get it for Lyboc. Bad news.”

The mercenary slowly starts to come to after having industrial shelving fall down on his head. He seems to be taking the situation in stride. Obviously a tough customer. In the meantime, Digit picks up radio chatter from the I.S.S. They are getting ready for a district wide lock down. It might be time to lay low.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Magnus stares in surprise as the mercenary starts moving.

"Coulda sworn I grabbed a dead one," he says, then pops the goon on the head hard enough to put him back out. "Anybody got something to tie this asshole up? Belt, bungie, necktie? Figure we ought to get him someplace a little more secluded before Digby starts giving him a prostate exam."

"Speaking of, anybody got an idea where we can lay low? All the holes I know aren't built for this sort of crowd."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Fisk curses within himself. Nothing ever goes smooth. District lockdown? Should've known this was going sideways. Am I losing my touch? The cool demeanor, however, doesn't break. "We better get somewhere friendly, like, now. Who's got a safehouse?" The ride continues into the night, turns being made more to pass the time and shake tails than to get anywhere in particular, yet. I'm not sure I want to drag this crew into Jaina's living room just yet. "Mine's no good with medical. Skip needs a doc."
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:39 pm

The day was far more exciting than Harris had anticipated. He expected things to go a little wrong, they always do, but this was some action movie level crazy right here.
Venatus Vinco wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Using his phone skip manages to text a short message, ”Wilcott knew about the book deal Trying to get it for Lyboc. Bad news.”
As he comforts his friend a bit before getting back to business Magnus knocks the hired gun back into dreamland. "Try and rest Skip, I'll have a look and see what this asshole knows while we get you to a doctor. We got this buddy."
Magnus wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 pm
"Speaking of, anybody got an idea where we can lay low? All the holes I know aren't built for this sort of crowd."
Edwin Fisk wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 pm
Fisk curses within himself. Nothing ever goes smooth. District lockdown? Should've known this was going sideways. Am I losing my touch? The cool demeanor, however, doesn't break. "We better get somewhere friendly, like, now. Who's got a safehouse?"
"My last safe house was less than.. so I got nothin on that front. I can try to see if this ass knows anything helpful. First I'll just confirm Skips assertion as to who sent these pricks. Keep any gear he may have, I may be able to learn things from it too." Harris reaches out with his mind into that of the gunman. "Who hired you?"
Mindreading
4 ISP for +2 psionics 3ISP for mindread
Psionics 1d8+2 = 10: 8 Ace 1d8+10 = 11: 1
1d6+2 = 3: 1
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Smarts
Smarts 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 3
"Your mother hired me. Said you daddy wasn't enough for her," the merc replies obstinately. While the headhunter appears to be a tough nut to crack on the outside, LaVode manages to slip through his mental defences and reveal a truthful answer.

I work for Kyle Wilport and he is going to hunt you down like a dog and kill you.
Streetwise check
If LaVode makes a successful streetwise check he will recall that Kyle Wilport is a well known mercenary who operates out of the Chi-Town 'Burbs. He is somehow politically connect and crimes, including murder, never stick to him. His group is generally considered bad news and most people avoid them because of their apparent ability to act with impunity. Rumor has it they do black book operations for the CS military, which is why civilian law enforcement can't touch them.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:26 am

Chi-Town/Level 4
Night
Round 0

Zeke shook his head at Harris. “I don’t have gang pals,” he said. “I usually am taking them down.” He looked over at Fisk and Temperance. “I, uh, know someone who might help. She runs a street clinic, patches me up from time to time. I can give her a call.” He pulled out his phone to dial up Tanya Curtis and told Fisk the address to her clinic, which is in a former self-service storage facility. “And I can put that guy on ice if you want.”
Merc
Zeke has Entangle trapped as ice on his shotgun. He can basically secure the guy in a block of ice if we don’t have restraints.
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Location: Chi-town / Level 4

Connections (Local Gang): Call on connections once per session (FG)
Roll streetwise 1d8: 5
- wild 1d6: 4
Roll persuasion 1d4: 4
- wild 1d6: 4
- Benny 1d6: 1

”What the fuck??” Joey is shocked when the big guy just takes the hit. ”i have stopped trucks with that hit. What is he?” As he stands there wondering, when the smoke grenade goes off. With a “FUCK!” he dives towards a window. Using his bulk, joey rolls thru the smoke and the window. With the glass falling around him, joey leaps to his feet and runs as fast as his fat ass can move.

A couple of blocks away, in an alley, behind a dumpster, joey uses his comms and tries his contacts to find a safe house. ’please be home.”

”Hello?? Hey, Whassup?? Joey here. I need a favor. I need a safehouse for 6 and 1 who needs medical attention. Not sure for how long.do this and we are even. Call me on this number as soon as you know something."

Then with a quick look, Joey heads off again, away from the ruckus and moving in shadows and alleys as much as possible. He taps his comms ”Hey gang. Sorry, i got split fromyou. All good, though. I put imn a call to a guy who owes me a favor. Just waiting on an answer about a spot to lay low. Will let you know as i do.”

User avatar
Kincaid
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Kincaid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Kincaid snorted at Magnus but didn't push further. He waited...mostly patiently...as Skip was checked out and at least made stable enough to move. He kept scanning the area around them while the others worked. Someone else had already discussed and then called about a safe house - and he wasn't keen to involve The Rooks in this.

He did a double-take when the name 'Lyboc' came up. That name sounded familiar. He was Coalition Military. That was very bad. "We need to go now and lay low." There was urgency in the voice despite the calm tone.

Common Knowledge Military
Smarts die 1d6: 4, Wild die 1d6: 5.
Kincaid
Character Summary
Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Active effects:

Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(4)
Weapon in hand: NG Equalizer and TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol; Vibro-Blade Vambraces

Edges: Ambidextrous, Brave, Danger Sense, Elan, Quick, Thief, Two-Fisted.

Cybernetics: Core Electronics Package, Cyber-Wired Reflexes, Expanded Detection and Security Array, Lockpick Fingers, Nano-Repair System, Optics Package, Range Data System, Reinforced Frame (2), Targeting Eye.

Charisma: 0
Bennies: 0

Wounds:

Currently playing in: Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Joey aka: Fat Joey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:16 pm
”Hello?? Hey, Whassup?? Joey here. I need a favor. I need a safehouse for 6 and 1 who needs medical attention. Not sure for how long.do this and we are even. Call me on this number as soon as you know something."
Joey's phone chirps to life a few minutes after he leaves his message. He doesn't recognize the voice on the other end but they obviously work for someone he knows, "Go to Shop Docs in the Waste Manage District. I will text you the details. They don't allow walk-ins but the gang will vouch for you with Maurice the bouncer. You'll still have to pay."
Raise
Joey, you aced your d4 persuasion roll. Roll again a 3 or more will get you a raise and your contact will add additional help.

8 - you'll get a 20% discount
12 - they'll let you put it on the gang's tab, "just this one time"
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm
Smarts
Smarts Original post: 1d6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 3
"Your mother hired me. Said you daddy wasn't enough for her," the merc replies obstinately. While the headhunter appears to be a tough nut to crack on the outside, LaVode manages to slip through his mental defences and reveal a truthful answer.

I work for Kyle Wilport and he is going to hunt you down like a dog and kill you.
Streetwise check
If LaVode makes a successful streetwise check he will recall that Kyle Wilport is a well known mercenary who operates out of the Chi-Town 'Burbs. He is somehow politically connect and crimes, including murder, never stick to him. His group is generally considered bad news and most people avoid them because of their apparent ability to act with impunity. Rumor has it they do black book operations for the CS military, which is why civilian law enforcement can't touch them.
Streetwise
Streewise 1d10+2 = 12: 10 Ace 1d10+12 = 18: 6
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Harris chuckles at the mercs useless bravado, the aura of trustworthiness that normally seems to come of the ex-cop turns dark and threatening, "Wow, you took that shot and are still awake enough to lie to me. Impressive, but pointless. I read your mind, you work for Kyle Wilport and he will hunt us. Now, we have a couple ways we can go forward, since you're awake and all. You keep lying to my questions, I keep ripping the truth from your mind, and my friend here(Harris nods towards Magnus) breaks something on you for every lie. Or you co-operate, we find a way for us to get paid, your boss to get off our backs and you get to keep all your parts. I'll let you think about that for a minuet."
Intimidate 7
Intimidate 1d6+2 = 6: 4 additional +1 from mindread so 7
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Pulling his com out of his pocket, Harris sets it to play music, plugs in the headphones, cranks the volume and puts them in the merc's ears. He begins speaking to the fixer then addresses the team, "Skip, how bad would it be for you to sell the book to Wilport, provided we can get him to buy it from us. That seems like a risky play but it'll get us all paid and keep some VERY nasty people off our backs. Thoughts, concerns, other options?"
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Harris LaVode wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:36 pm
"Wow, you took that shot and are still awake enough to lie to me. Impressive, but pointless. I read your mind, you work for Kyle Wilport and he will hunt us. Now, we have a couple ways we can go forward, since you're awake and all. You keep lying to my questions, I keep ripping the truth from your mind, and my friend here(Harris nods towards Magnus) breaks something on you for every lie. Or you co-operate, we find a way for us to get paid, your boss to get off our backs and you get to keep all your parts. I'll let you think about that for a minuet."
Spirit 13
Spirit 1d8: 8
Ace 1d8: 5
The mercenary is un-phased by Harris' threats. Obviously, the threat of whatever his employer can do to him overrides even his fear of mind controlling psychics, "There's nothing you can do to me that isn't worse than Wilport or the people he works for can do. Kill me now and get it over with. At least then my family will get my golden parachute."

The little add-in about who Wilport works for tweaks something for Harris. Back in his days on the force Wilport was known to be protected, it actually caused a lot of resentment in the I.S.S. because no one should be allowed to be untouchable by the laws of the Coalition. Although no one could really confirm it Wilport's fairy godmother was a higher-up in the CS inner circle, a Colonel in the CS intelligence division. It came to light during the juicer uprising that this Colonel had his fingers in all kinds of unsanctioned pies.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Kincaid wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:54 pm
He did a double-take when the name 'Lyboc' came up. That name sounded familiar. He was Coalition Military. That was very bad. "We need to go now and lay low." There was urgency in the voice despite the calm tone.
Kincaid doesn't know much about Lyboc, only that he is a Colonel in the CS Intelligence Division who was outted during the Juicer Uprisings for having a lot of dirty connections. Military scuttlebutt is that he is the one who started the CS Juicer program, even before the brass allowed juicer augmentations for military personnel. Whatever bad mojo befell him during the uprisings didn't do too much harm, he wasn't executed and still had his job...which probably means he has dirt on a lot of people.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Location: Chi-town / Level 4

Persuasion 1d4: 3
Vv wrote: Joey's phone chirps to life a few minutes after he leaves his message. He doesn't recognize the voice on the other end but they obviously work for someone he knows, "Go to Shop Docs in the Waste Manage District. I will text you the details. They don't allow walk-ins but the gang will vouch for you with Maurice the bouncer.”
Joey finds a spot to stop and make a call. ”’Guys….head for Shop docs in the waste management district. Tell the bouncer, Maurice, that Fat Joey sent you. I will meet you there.’ joey ends the call and heads for Shop Docs. ”thank god that worked. I am glad i held on to that ticket. Now it is used, i need to kiss ass more. Back to being square. For now. Hehe.”

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 am

Shop Docs
After a few minutes of interrogation and information swapping the team gets a call from Fat joey who's arranged some medical facilities at Shop Docs in the Waste Management District. As it turns out, Level Four is host to the waste management systems for the entire fortress city. That's right the people from the Upper Levels literally shit on Level Four.

Despite the best efforts of the air scrubbers, these facilities produce a pervasive stench that hangs in the air throughout level four. Additionally, accidents, broken pipes, and backlogs often create pile-ups of garbage and puddles of sewage in the streets that could go days without being fixed. Rumour has it that the organic recycling facility is also a good place to dispose of a body.

Shop Docs is in the back of one of these organic recycling plants, which makes you wonder who you've been having for dinner lately. Rolling up to a garage door the team is met by a humongous Grackletooth wearing nursing scrubs and a name tag that says "Mo" - but only his friends call him that. Per Joey's instructions, they relay the information to Maurice who brings them to a back room.

Looking at the injured merc he grunts, "They only said to prep for one."

For his part the merc speaks up, "Maurice. These fellas crossed Wilport and are going to use your nice clean medical facilities to torture me. Take me back and get me patched up, you Kyle know always covers for his people."

Letting Temperance wheel skip into a state of the art medical room, the Grackletooth glares at the rest of the group and gestures to Wilport's man, "We don't want your trouble here. Either leave him to get patched or get out."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Magnus sizes up the Grackletooth and decides that anybody wearing pajamas to work can't be that tough.

"Patch up this guy? Nah, he's just sleepy," he says, as he puts his fist through the merc's face, a practiced move meant to knock the asshole out and dislocate his jaw at the same time. As the mouthy hired gun slumps to the floor, Magnus never breaks eye contact with the Grackletooth.

"Now, Fat Joey said to tell the bouncer, Maurice -- I take it that's you -- that he sent us. So unless you want to explain to your bosses why you're not holding up their end of the deal, how about you get to holding the door so we can get our buddy Skip patched up and be on our way to someplace that doesn't smell like rhino-buffalo ass."

Fighting 6 to KO merc; Intimidate 6 vs. Grackletooth
Knocking out the merc (if needed)
Fighting 1d12+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4

I can roll damage if needed ... would be something like 1d2+6+1d4 plus possibly another 4+1d6 if I counted as having the Drop on him since he's tied up.

Intimidate vs. Grackletooth 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Spirit
Spirit 1d8: 5
As the merc hits the floor the Grackle looks at Magnus considers bouncing him then shrugs instead, "That works. Get him off the floor before I have to sanitze the place again."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Magnus
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Magnus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm
Spirit
Spirit Original post: 1d8: 5
As the merc hits the floor the Grackle looks at Magnus considers bouncing him then shrugs instead, "That works. Get him off the floor before I have to sanitze the place again."
Magnus grins and tosses the merc over his shoulder.

"You got it, my man. Not looking to make more work for a blue-collar brother."

As the group makes its way inside, Magnus seeks out Harris.

"Pretty sure that last swat broke his jaw -- he don't need to be able to talk for you to do the mind-reading thing, right?"
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Bennies: 2/3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 19 (6); Strain: 10/14
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)

User avatar
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Location: Chi-town / Level 4

((Rolls Held))


Joey arrives at Shop Docs just a few minutes after the others have entered. He leans up against a wall, wheezing and breathing heavy. ”all this cyber ware and i still get winded by running.” With a grunt, Joey heaves himself off the wall and heads to the door. He makes sure his gear is secure and his jacket is straight as he walks. Once he gets closer, he makes sure his knuckle dusters are visible.

At the door, he pauses long enough for anyone around to see him. ”Name is fat Joey. i am expected.” He walks in, looking around for the others.

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Magnus wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:50 pm
Venatus Vinco wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm
Spirit
Spirit Original post: 1d8: 5
As the merc hits the floor the Grackle looks at Magnus considers bouncing him then shrugs instead, "That works. Get him off the floor before I have to sanitze the place again."
Magnus grins and tosses the merc over his shoulder.

"You got it, my man. Not looking to make more work for a blue-collar brother."

As the group makes its way inside, Magnus seeks out Harris.

"Pretty sure that last swat broke his jaw -- he don't need to be able to talk for you to do the mind-reading thing, right?"
"Nope, I was just trying to freak him out and get him talking truthfully so I could save it for the big questions. Using it can be pretty draining. I can maybe get more of off any personal items he has too." Smiling at the boxer, Harris lights a smoke and offers Magnus one. "I do think we should consider selling the book to his boss. Might lose a little cash but those are people it's better to be friends with, so it'd be an investment."
persuasion on Maurice to improve his view of the team
Persuasion 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Last edited by Harris LaVode on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Digit Havoc
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Digit Havoc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Diggy jolts to consciousness in the physical world.

'CQP, remind me of what I've missed.'

'Certainly, sir. Magnus the Red insisted you stick an undetermined number of fingers up one of your enemies rectums, after throwing said enemy upon your mostly unconscious form. Fat Joey contacted your allies and informed them that the Shop Docs would admit us in order to administer medical care to Skip.'

Magnus looks at the blood on his pants and sighs as CQP fills him in on the remaining details of the conversation.

'Fracking amateurs.'

The old man storms into the Shop Docs, giving Maurice the stink eye.

"Yeah, yeah. Fat Joey sent me. Run digital interferance and overwatch, and they leave a guys body in the car. I'm not in the mood," Diggy says as he blows past the Grackle.

Digit scans the crew as he sits down and says, "Really? Do you know how much of a shitstorm a district lockdown causes? No one thought 'Oh, diggy hasn't said a word in quite a while, maybe he's in some serious shit covering our asses?' And not one of you thought 'Hey, maybe we should carry the old man's body in with us instead of leaving him in the car?' No one?"
Digit Havoc
Digit Havoc, Mad Scientist (M.A.R.S Super Soldier)
Pace: 5; Parry: 4 Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None, Really.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Inventor PP: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Fisk, having parked the vehicle and followed the rest of the crew into the shop, gives Digit the side-eye. "I just figured you were taking an old man nap. Maybe you should put a flashing sign on your hand that tells us what you're doing? I was busy driving us past ISS patrols and shaking tails." He snickers, then turns to Harris. "We're gonna need Skip to green light that call on the book. Maybe selling it to Wilport keeps us out of one kind of trouble, but if the original buyer is just as bad, we're in another kind too." He scratches absently at the back of his head. "Too bad we can't mock up another copy." His eyes perk up. "Can we mock up another copy? Good enough to fool a dealer?"
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:04 am

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Harris LaVode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Edwin Fisk wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:54 pm
"We're gonna need Skip to green light that call on the book. Maybe selling it to Wilport keeps us out of one kind of trouble, but if the original buyer is just as bad, we're in another kind too." He scratches absently at the back of his head. "Too bad we can't mock up another copy." His eyes perk up. "Can we mock up another copy? Good enough to fool a dealer?"
Harris ignores Digis grumblings and concentrates on the next move. In reply to Fisk, "Absolutely, just floating the option by the team before I try and sell it to Skip. And someone may have an angle or option I don't see." The last line is spoken to subtly steer his comrades minds towards the tasks ahead instead of dwelling on the crap day so far. While he lets that sink in he considers the idea of forgery, not the most common of things smuggled on his old beat, he only had a rough working knowledge. "To fool a knowledgeable buyer of such things the forgery would take some time, money, and a master forger. More a long con than a fast out."
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/12(5) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Deflection, attackers take a -2 penalty
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 7/20
Bennies: 1/3


Edit Signature

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Fisk shakes his head. "You're right. Pulling a spot on copy of a pre-rifts book out of our asses isn't within our capability, unless..." He glances at the mage, Zeke. "Got any other tricks up your sleeve, Alakazam?"
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Zeke Walker
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Zeke Walker » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:31 am

Chi-Town/Level 4/Waste Management District/Shop Docs
Night
Round 0

Since Fat Joey had the medical side handled, Zeke sat back for the ride. He followed the others into the Docs and stood quietly at the back. He looked a bit surprised when Fisk turned to him.

“Most of my magic is combat based, though I can hide or detech magical auras too. I don’t know if that helps.”
Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 24/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 9/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)

User avatar
Edwin Fisk
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Edwin Fisk » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:17 am

Fisk looks ever so slightly disappointed in the mage's answer. "Can't turn a plain book into a pre-rifts classic? Even an illusion? Hmph." He shrugs. "Oh well. It was a longshot anyway. I guess if you could magic contraband out of thin air, you wouldn't be playing smaller time with us on Level 4."
Edwin Fisk
Edwin "Fast Eddie" Fisk
Current Status Post
Toughness: 11 (4)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 6
Bennies: 4 (FFTB)

Pertinent Edges: Ambidextrous, Quick, Strong WIlled, Brave, Scrounger, Ace, Elan, Charismatic, Attractive

Current Armament:
Right Hand: N/A
Left Hand: N/A
Vehicle Status

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1682
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Milk Run - Intro Heist Operation

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:25 am

While the group converses, Nurse Maurice and Temperance manages to get Skip up and talking again. The "knitter" robots flowing in his blood system helping increase his healing time by a factor of a hundred while the painkillers speed up his mouth by a factor of a thousand, "Oh man, glad you guys got me out of there. They jacked me just after you left for the gallery and set everything up at the warehouse, as you can see i didn't have much choice in the matter. But I knew you guys had the goods to get me out of there. Well, pretty sure.

Wilport is bad news...his boss is even worse. Works for CS intelligence. Although I have no idea why he wants the book, the Coalition hates reading, and why send in his black ops team when he could just pinch us to the I.S.S.?"
He muses that last part more to himself than the others, "I probably don't want to know. I hate to burn a buyer, but what do you guys think about trying to sell it to Wilport to get him and his godfather off our backs? we may need to take a haircut on the price, since they can just keep trying to kill us and take it anyway. We'll also make an enemy of the people in Lazlo I got lined up for this thing, but sometimes you gotta choose between the greater of two evils right?"
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”