Operation 2 - Moving on up!

Zeke Walker

Re: Operation 2 - Moving on up!

Post by Zeke Walker »

Chi-Town/Level 4/The Pit
Night
Round 0

Zeke straightened up at Harry’s chiding. “Right and wrong are always in play. No one ever said doing the right thing was easy.” This was bigger leagues than Zeke was used to, though. He mostly fought the Tres Reyes gang in his section of Level 4.

Zeke sighed and finished his root beer as the talk turned to the offers. “I guess I have to agree. LeFleur sounds...safer. Maybe Jim will see reason.”

Character Tracker
Zeke Walker Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 16 (7)
PPE: 15/15 (with shotgun: 25/25)
Shotgun
  • Shots: 2/2
  • PPE: 10/10
  • Powers: Burst, Entangle
Ion Blaster: 10/10
  • Reload: 2 x 10
Powers: Bolt, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana
Bennies: 3/3
Anemic: -2 Fatigue tests
Strong-Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Brawny: Load limit 8 x Str (10x with coat)
Rapid Recharge: 1/30m
Wizard: Each raise on Spellcasting lowers the PPE cost by 1 (min 1)
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Joey aka: Fat Joey
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Joey aka: Fat Joey »

Joey stands and stretches. "All this talking is making me bored. i need to hit something." He heads for the wshroom. 'If you all need me form a fight, i am headed for the can then a beer." He heads off.
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

After disabling the phone Ricky provided, the crew decides that Splice's offer is the safer option to take. After a few rings, she answers their second call.

"I knew you lot couldn't be as stupid as you looked!" She answers, before giving anyone on their end of the line the chance to speak.

"So here is the deal, and there's no negotiating how this goes down. Be at the Ralph's wreck at West Galifrey at 10pm tonight. There's what, 5 of you? Ok fine, 6, but keep it to that. You bring the disk, I'll bring the credits and we swap. Keep is simple. Think you can remember all that? Feel free to show up early or whatever your little heart's desire if you think it will be a trap, but thatS the plan. See you there."

There is a sharp click and the line goes dead. Its currently a little past 2 pm so the team is left with 8 hours to kill before the planned swap.

Interlude time! See post here

Ralph's wreck is an abandoned junkyard deep inside the industrial District. Cranes loom over rusting equipment and shipping containers that the last owner never bothered opening before he went bankrupt. Old vehicles stripped for parts so thoroughly that on their bases remain litter the yard. The light shines from a few nearby posts, though enough have burned out that the whole junkyard is cast in shadow.

Right on time, you hear the whine of hover cycle engines just a minutes before Splice and a crew of about 8 other rides on cycles pull into the junkyard. She pulls of her helmet, leaving it hanging on the handlebars of the hover cycle and motions to 2 of the other riders.

"Breach, Streak, you're with me. Scorch, watch the way we came home in case we were followed. The rest of you spread out and keep your eyes open."

Splice saunters up, flanked by who are apparently Breach and Streak. Streak is a tall, imposing , dark skinned man dressed in studded riding leather. The fingers his hand twitches as he catches anyone's eye, and you can't help but notice the heavy revolver holstered on his thigh, with a bloody red skull emblazoned on the handle. Breach lacks Streak's size, but his whipcord tight muscles belie a strength and speed that you don't want to get up close and personal with, especially considering the wicked looking blades strapped across his back.

"Looks like 6. Good job." Splice says, accompanying her words with a slow sarcastic clap. "I was a little worried I made it too hard for you guys, making you count and all" Splice flashes a smile that is somehow both genuinely friendly yet dangerous.

She snaps a finger, and Breach reaches into a pocket in his vest and pulls out a small box. He tosses it to Magnus who he figures is in charge judging by the fact that he's he toughest looking player on field.

"There's your 40k. Feel free to check it, but you'll find I keep my end of bargains. Now, I assume you've got the disc?"

You've got the cred stick in hand and disc in pocket. What comes next? Going to try and negotiate a higher price? Maybe some help in avoiding Slim Jim's wrath or in your upcoming job. Something else entirely? Whatever it is, make sure you make a notice roll and common knowledge roll for this new scene. Also, as a side note, Magnus (and anyone who joined him in eating the very expired Patriot O's) should make a standard Vigor roll as their system fights the bacteria in the expired food. If Magnus fails, he can roll a d4, and on a 3 or 4 his nano-repair system kicks in and prevents any sickness. Otherwise, take a level of fatigue and be shaken per "Short term debilitating diseases" on pg 87 of SWD. Magnus should take a benny for throwing in a roleplay device that I chose to use for mechanical effect (good for Q3)
AsherBlack

Post by AsherBlack »

Considering his rig and the amount of compressed data, A$her is not suprised by the amount of data he is able to copy over. He at least has some names to research and sift through ISB data bases on.

A$her hands over the disc to @Harris LaVode before they arrive at the Junkyard. He keeps the burner phone from Ricky and plans to reactivate after they leave the Junkyard.

While at the meet, he stays sealed up in his red Cannonball armor with the helmet on and the visor down. Using what he can, he gathers metrics on the new arrivals and stores the info away. He also makes an effort to scramble or turn off any radio communications.

Before the disc is handed over, A$her says over a secured comms, "Deal straight with Splicer and don't push for more credits. She looks like she is geared up for trouble."

Notice 15 _
[*] Notice (1d6) [dice:e4nv5cx9]55201:0[/dice:e4nv5cx9]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:e4nv5cx9]55201:1[/dice:e4nv5cx9]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:e4nv5cx9]55201:2[/dice:e4nv5cx9]
[*] Super Aced! (1d6+12) [dice:e4nv5cx9]55201:3[/dice:e4nv5cx9]
Common Knowledge 5 _
[*] Common Knowledge (1d8) [dice:e4nv5cx9]55201:4[/dice:e4nv5cx9]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:e4nv5cx9]55201:5[/dice:e4nv5cx9]
Asher Black
Quick Stats _
Novice Human Information Broker
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: Telemechanics, I Know a Guy, Connections
Bennies: 4/4
Fire Baby
NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle _
  • Size: 2
  • Acc/TS: 15/70
  • Toughness: 17 (8)
  • Crew: 1 + 1
  • Notes:
    Exposed Crew, Handling 1, Hover, MDC Armor, Electric Model
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Wilk's 237 Backup Laser Pistol
  • Wilk's 447
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Vibro-Knife
Powers
Available Powers _
  • Telepathy - Face-to-Face/All-Points Bulletin
  • Bolt - Data Spike/Power Surge
  • Mind Reading - What Happens in Vegas/Is My Business
  • Clairvoyant - Snoop Onto Them/Reach Out and Touch Someone
Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin drove the crew to the junkyard, but made sure to park her cargo hauler where it could remain in sight and where it would allow for a quick exit if the need arose. Though she remained on edge, alert for trouble and keeping an eye for cover that she could dive into if and when the shooting started. She didn't trust things to not turn ugly and had always been careful to ensure that she kept her hide safe.

To GM
Let me know if Kaelin's Danger Sense kicks off.

Also a roll to spot handy cover or potential trouble.

Notice [dice:2sn4ouau]55215:0[/dice:2sn4ouau]
Wild [dice:2sn4ouau]55215:1[/dice:2sn4ouau]
Main Account: Stormwell
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Notice 4
Notice [dice:cedekkdl]55353:0[/dice:cedekkdl]
Wild [dice:cedekkdl]55353:1[/dice:cedekkdl]
Common Knowledge 2
Common Knowledge [dice:cedekkdl]55353:2[/dice:cedekkdl]
Wild [dice:cedekkdl]55353:3[/dice:cedekkdl]
Chi-Town/Level 4/Ralph’s Wreckage
Night
Round 0

Zeke accompanied the others to the meeting place at the junkyard. He stayed back a bit to have plenty of room for his shotgun or to cast if he needed to, though encased in his Cannonball armor he looked like many other thugs on Level 4, with no indication of magic, unless they recognized the decorations on his shotgun as arcane runes. Splice was a bit annoying with the insults, but that seemed just her way, or at least Zeke wasn’t going to speak up and ruin this, letting the more experienced members of the team handle the negotiations. He kept his eyes on the other thugs instead, just in case.

Character Tracker
Shotgun
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Iron Stomach
Vigor [dice:2v8t7j44]55452:0[/dice:2v8t7j44]
Wild [dice:2v8t7j44]55452:1[/dice:2v8t7j44]
Magnus makes a point of stopping by his squat and grabbing his armor and articulated combat vambrace before heading over to meet. The knuckles of the massive, powered gauntlet are crusted with dried blood from the last time he wore it, which he doesn't bother cleaning off.

At the meet, he smiles his biggest, ugliest smile as Splice starts jaw-jacking, then catches the credit chip with his free hand before dropping it into his pocket.

<<Deal straight with Splicer and don't push for more credits. She looks like she is geared up for trouble.>>

Still smiling, Magnus thumbs his own comm unit and whispers: <<You sure?>> before continuing in a voice meant to be heard by Splice and her team.

"Because their friendly banter and warm natures have me seriously reconsidering that decision."

Assuming the exchange goes as expected, Magnus keeps grinning his 'frag you' grin. When it's done, he directs a question at Splice.

"So, Splits or Lice or whatever -- you got an address where we should send Shephard and his goons when they come calling? That $40k you paid us for the disc don't cover taking any heat for you and yours."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d10
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 20 (6); Strain: 12/16
Hindrances: Greedy (m), Overconfident (M), Vow-Owes Black Benny (m)
Notice d6, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d6, Taunt d6+2, Common Knowledge d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Elan, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Harris LaVode »

Notice 8
Notice [dice:3v3gydq5]55514:0[/dice:3v3gydq5]
Wild [dice:3v3gydq5]55514:1[/dice:3v3gydq5]
Common Knowledge 3
Smarts [dice:3v3gydq5]55514:2[/dice:3v3gydq5]
Wild [dice:3v3gydq5]55514:3[/dice:3v3gydq5]
Persuasion to improve relations 11
Persuasion [dice:3v3gydq5]55514:4[/dice:3v3gydq5]
Wild [dice:3v3gydq5]55514:5[/dice:3v3gydq5]
After the hand off Harris moves around the collective mass of Magnus and Joey to get a good look at this Splice.
Magnus wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:36 am
"So, Splits or Lice or whatever -- you got an address where we should send Shephard and his goons when they come calling? That $40k you paid us for the disc don't cover taking any heat for you and yours."
He grins, not just at the brawlers tactless but accurate statement but in recognition of the hacker before him. Alice Stanford was her given name. he'd encountered her when looking thru the electronic records of the target of a smuggling sting he ran back in the day. She was unaffiliated with the target of the investigation however. Just a young hacker who hit the wrong database when looking for luls. He'd tried a bit to steer her away from crime, then used her services a couple of times for cases before she had moved to a different part of the mega city and he had lost contact with the young woman.

"Splice huh? You've done well for yourself, love the new look but your social skills still need work kiddo. For instance, don't talk to us like we're the idiots who muffed this job for you. We're the guys who are saving your bacon, at a fabulous price." Harris plays his tone of voice and body language like virtuoso with a musical instrument. Respect and mild scorn, happiness at seeing an old friend and serious attendance to the business at hand are all evident in his greeting. "My friend here has a good point. Going your way on this is going to invite backlash on us. And being an independant crew makes us a softer target that you all. So I hope, in the spirit of continued friendship, if you all hear any news on Slim Jim the may concern us you'll let us know. And we will do the same for you." Dropping the butt of a cigarette to the ground he grinds it out with his foot and looks Splice in the eye with a smile. "Deal?"
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/7 with long coat/12(5) in armor/13(5) with both
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice [dice:15shu8sm]55522:0[/dice:15shu8sm]
Danger Sense (Cyber): Anytime he’s about to be the victim of a surprise attack, ambush, or other nasty surprise, he gets a Notice roll at –2 just before the attack or event occurs / If successful, the character knows something is about to happen and may take appropriate action against it. This means the hero is on Hold for the first round of a combat. Should the hero fail his roll, he still follows the normal Surprise rules, if applicable (see page 73)
Wild Roll: [dice:15shu8sm]55522:1[/dice:15shu8sm]

Joey stands off to the side while the faces talk. ”Let them do the tongue wagging,. I will wait to hit something.” He makes sure to “inspect” his stun knuckles every now and then. For now, he will do his job as muscle.
John Smith

Re: Pending Posts

Post by John Smith »

You can almost see the gears click in Splice's head when she finally realized who Harris is.

"Lavode?" she says, genuine surprise cutting through her normal swagger. "Shit, its been what, 8 years? Time really hasn't been good to you, you know.... If I had known you were running with this crew, this would have been a lot simpler."
Magnus wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:36 am "So, Splits or Lice or whatever -- you got an address where we should send Shephard and his goons when they come calling? That $40k you paid us for the disc don't cover taking any heat for you and yours."
A sly grin cross Splice's face at Magnus's suggestion. "What, don't tell me that 'Magnus the Red' is really worried about whatever second rate goons Slim Jim sends your way. From what I hear you never lose a fight you don't intend to." She knowingly emphasizes the last few words.

"But we're both making enemies today, and we've both got our sources of info," she looks sideways at Asher, apparently recognizing the info broker at least by reputation. "So 'I watch your back, you watch mine'" she waves her hand back and forth as she speaks, "" It's all just common sense. You've got yourself a deal."

Splice motions again to Streak who steps forward and collects the disc. He walks back and drops it in Splice lazily outstretched hand. She holds it up to inspect it more closely, obviously verifying authenticity. That's when it all goes to hell.

Soft background noise suddenly coalesces to the pounding of boots as a variety of armed men and women sprint across the junkyard toward the two negotiating parties, guns raised. Clearly hired muscle, half the shouted commands are in reference to securing the disc. It appears Ricky somehow found out where the swap was going down and found someone willing to take that 250K.

Splice's face contorts in rage as she pockets the disc "You backstabbing little shit's!" she says, as quicker than lightning two pistols from inside her coat seem to drop into her hands. She raises one toward the new arrivals and one towards the team.
Don't read this unless you made a 4 notice roll
I'm serious...
You notice that before Ricky's assault team shows up, that while the rest of Splice's crews seems alert but not uneasy, Breach seems uncomfortable, fidgity, and nervous.
Asher
Things happened very quickly once Splice got her hands on the disc, but you swear you saw Breach start to draw his swords and step toward Splice before the attack started
Alright, we are moving into tactical combat with a dramatic twist.

While combat plays out, you have the dramatic task of convincing Splice that you didnt plan a betrayal (Dramatic Task pg 84 of SWD) We will say you need 5 persuasion successes in however many rounds it takes (though you have to survive long enough). Rolls will start out at -2 because of the situation, but every soldier from Ricky's team that you take down will add a +1 to rolls (Retroactive for the round), while taking out a soldier from Splice's team will add a -1. Also remember that clubs are complciations that add an additional -2 to a persuasion roll if you make one. You take MAP as normal. If you succeed, her team will stop attacking you and focus solely on Ricky's merc's

Thanks to their associated notice rolls and danger sense edges, Joey and Kaelin start the fight on hold. While this was going to be an ambush, since you detected and deactivate the bug in Ricky's phone, he had to use other, more delayed means of finding out where the meet was going down, so rather than them taking a full action, they will draw cards with everyone else. I rolled initiative and below are results. Kaelin Joey Magnus and Zeke can take the first round of actions

Kaelin - Hold
Joey - Hold
Magnus KH, AC

Splice WC QD - going on until after Zeke's action

Zeke - JH

Ricky WC 9S
Ricky Extra 8H

Harris 6H
Asher 5C

Splice Extra 3S

Map
Combat Map.jpg
Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin had been on edge, expecting trouble, particularly since the encounter back at the Pit with the ISS officer. Now that trouble had rolled up she uttered a few choice curses, though Zeke nor anyone else in earshot would've even recognized the language that Kaelin cursed in. Either way, they didn't get the opportunity to ask as Kaelin was already moving as she darted down the side of a nearby container. Spotting one of Ricky' goons, she snapped off a couple of quick shots before ducking back into cover beside the container.

She was certainly less than happy with the current situation that the crew had found itself in. As a rule Kaelin tended to avoid fights wherever possible, tough in this instance she wasn't really given the option. As much as she loathed to do so, she was going to have to fight her way out of this one.

Kaelin's Actions
Pace 8 should be plenty of movement to allow Kaelin to move far enough to take a shot at the goon to the left of Asher, then pop into cover two squares SW of Asher.

Wilks Laser Pistol - Double Tap [dice:3lvpo538]55610:0[/dice:3lvpo538]
Wild [dice:3lvpo538]55610:1[/dice:3lvpo538]

And spending Benny to reroll.

Shooting - Double Tap [dice:3lvpo538]55610:2[/dice:3lvpo538]
Wild [dice:3lvpo538]55610:3[/dice:3lvpo538]
Wild Explodes [dice:3lvpo538]55610:4[/dice:3lvpo538]
Again [dice:3lvpo538]55610:5[/dice:3lvpo538]

Shooting Total: 14

Damage [dice:3lvpo538]55610:6[/dice:3lvpo538]
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Kaelin's shot slams into the soldiers shoulder. Though the armor he ways takes the brunt of the damage, he is clearly dazed by the hit. (Shaken).
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Persuasion 1 Success
Notice [dice:2uqj7oe5]55665:0[/dice:2uqj7oe5]
Wild [dice:2uqj7oe5]55665:1[/dice:2uqj7oe5]

Magnus will move to cover in the space just south of Splice, ready his NG Super and make a Persuasion check at -2.

Persuasion [dice:2uqj7oe5]55665:2[/dice:2uqj7oe5]
Wild [dice:2uqj7oe5]55665:3[/dice:2uqj7oe5]

Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:2uqj7oe5]55665:4[/dice:2uqj7oe5]
"Not our circus, not our monkeys, doll," Magnus says, slipping into cover right next to Splice.

He makes no threatening moves toward the woman, although the thought must cross her mind that the big man could reach out and crush her head with the powered combat gauntlet on his left arm ... Instead, Magnus draws his over-under pistol, calmly checks the grenade magazine, and makes a point of looking over his shoulder, toward the newcomers.

"Look, I understand if we're not top of your list of trusted institutions, and if you feel like you really need to shoot me with that Wilk's tickler, I've had worse," he says over his shoulder. "But whaddya say we keep everything pointed at the shitbirds shooting at both of us and work out who double-crossed who after that's taken care of?"

Note: Magnus has First Strike, so if anyone approaches him threatening-like, he'll get a chance to pop 'em in the face with his combat vambrace.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 8 (9 w/vambrace); Toughness: 20 (6); Strain: 12/16
Edges and Abilities of Note: Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted, Assassin, Elan, Frenzy, Level-Headed, Martial Artist, Strong-Willed
Notable Cybernetics: Nano-Repair System (Heals one wound per day; +4 to resist Bleeding Out; 50 percent chance to reject poison or disease)
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Fighting [dice:2khb4qgl]55728:3[/dice:2khb4qgl]
Hand-to-Hand Reaction Wiring
Wild Roll: [dice:2khb4qgl]55728:0[/dice:2khb4qgl]

As soon as his senses, cyber and natural, register trouble, Joey moves. Faster than a being of his mass should, Joey grabs Breach and following a powered up stun punch says ”Are you the one? Did you set us up?” Following this, Joey slams Breach’s body against a crate and pinning him there.

EPIC FAIL-
As joey takes a step towards Breach, he tangles his feet up and goes down HARD.

Bandito Arms StunKnucks
Damage: Str+d6 = [dice:2khb4qgl]55728:1[/dice:2khb4qgl] + [dice:2khb4qgl]55728:2[/dice:2khb4qgl]
Special: Touch Attack, victim rolls Vigor, failure = Inc., roll Vigor 1/round to revive to Shaken.
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Notice 5
Notice [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:0[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Wild [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:1[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Onslaught 6
-2 MAP
Spellcasting [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:2[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Wild [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:3[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:4[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Wild [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:5[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:6[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Wild [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:7[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:8[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Wild [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:9[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Ace [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:10[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Damage 32 MD
[dice:21uzyl4q]55812:11[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Ace [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:12[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Ace [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:13[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Persuasion -1 Critical Failure
-2 MAP
Persuasion [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:14[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Wild [dice:21uzyl4q]55812:15[/dice:21uzyl4q]
Night
Round 0

Zeke kept his eyes moving around the area as the negotiations moved on. Then they settled on Breach. Why was he so fidgety?

And then came the sound of running boots and the whole thing fell apart.

“We didn’t tell anyone!” Zeke exclaimed, diving for cover with his shotgun. The runes on it started to glow slightly. These guys weren’t ISS, so he didn’t need to hide much, and the gloves were off. He moved around the crate to get a shot off at one of the attackers.
Turn
Move: SW, SW, W, W, W, W
Action: Onslaught at the circle guy 4 squares to the left.
Action: Persuasion
Character Tracker
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 26/30)
Shotgun
Bennies: 0/3
Character Tracker
Shotgun
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Splices WC
Streak
Draws and fires Pistol at Harris - Quickdraw -2 MAP +2 from TW device
Shooting 1d10 = 1
Wild 1d6 = 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 6+6 = 12
Ace! 1d6+12 = 2+12 = 14

Damage = 13 - Harris Shaken and 1 wound
2d6+2 + 1d6 AP 6 = 6+1+2 = 9
Ace! 1d6+9 = 4+9 = 13

Cast Confusion on Magnus and Asher - 12, Resist with Smarts at -4 or shaken
Psionics 1d8 = 8
Ace! 1d8+8 = 4+8 = 12
Wild 1d6 = 2

Breach

Breach
Fighting attack against Joey = 9
1d10 = 9
1d6 = 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 1+6 = 7

VibroSword Damage (Str + d10) = 16 AP 4 - Joey Shaken + 1 wound
1d8 + 1d10 + 1d6 raise = 8 +3 + 3= 14
Ace! 1d8+11 = 5+11 = 19

Move to Splice

Fighting attack against Splice (ambi and 2-fisted)
1d10 = 1
1d6 = 6
Ace! 1d6+6 = 6+6 = 12
Ace! 1d6+12 = 12+3 = 15

VibroSword Damage (Str + d10) = 14 AP 4 - Splice Shaken
1d8+1d10 = 7+7 = 14
Scorch

Activate Fiery Aura

Use Flame Bolt on 2 extras, - 2 MAP - 6 - one protected by cover
Psionics 1d10-2 = 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 1
EE = 1d6+5 = 1 + 5 = 6

Damage = 4d6 = 5 + 1 + 1 +1 = 8 - Not enough damage
Splice
Spirit to unshake
Spirit 1d8 = 8 Ace! 1d8+8 = 6+8 = 14
Wild 1d6 = 3

Taunting Breach - 2 MAP +2 strong willed
Taunt 1d8 = 5
Wild 1d6 = 4

Resisting
Smarts 1d8 = 3
Wild 1d6 = 3

Shooting Breach twice (Ambi and Two-fixted)
Shooting 1d10+2 = 8+2 = 10
Wild 1d6 = 2
Shooting 1d10 = 8
Wild 1d6 = 5

Damage 1 - Soaked 2 wounds
2d8+3 AP 2 = 8,3, 7 = 21 AP 2
Soak 1d8 = 6
Wild 1d6 = 6,2 = 8

Damage 2 - 1 wound
2d8+3 AP 2 = 7, 4 = 14
Dagor (bottom left)
Running Die = 1d6 = 4

Fighting Attack against Zeke -2 MAP - 15
1d10-2 = 10,7 = 15
Wild 1d6-2

Damgage - 25 AP 2 - 2 wounds
Chain Longsword Damage Str +2d8 AP 2
1d12 + 2d8 = 5,8,8,1,3 = 25 AP 2
Sgt Spear (Mid left)
Shooting Streak
Shooting 1d10 = 10, 7 = 17
Wild 1d6 = 3

Damage = 3d6+1d6 = 19 - 2 wounds, both soaked
Soak
Vigor 1d10 = 3
Wild 1d6 = 6,3 = 9
Ricky's extras
Shooting Kaelin - Cover-2 - 1d6-2 = 5-2 = 3 - Miss
Shooting Scorch - 1d6 = 3 Miss
Shooting Scorch - 1d6 = 1 Miss
The soldier to Asher's left goes down screaming as acid burns through his armor and then his skin. The massive half robotic warrior see's the man go down and charges Zeke, identifying him has a threat. He revs up his chainsword as he sprints toward the young mage, swinging with terrible might as he nears (2 wounds to Zeke). You hear the nearby soldier shout "Get that magic bastard Dagon!" as he takes cover and takes a shot at Kaelin, who avoids the shot by ducking beneath cover of her own.

Meanwhile to the North, you see the man called Scorch burst into Flame and takes off toward the solders to the west. Completely oblivious to cover of any kind, he stands in the open and scream "BURN!" as flame shoots from his hands. Maybe he thinks more of himself than is sensible, or maybe the psionic effort required to burst into flame takes a heavier toll than expected, but the flames seem to sputter, and the soldiers are unharmed. The soldier snicker at the weak displace and fire back with their pistols. Their snickering ceases as their shots miss by a mile.

Streak clearly sees your team as bigger threats than these new arrivals. He moves towards a nearby shipping container, both hands outstretched as he goes. In one hand he pulls the trigger on his pistol aimed at Harris, the area immediately around the pistol grows momentarily dim as a bright red pulse of energy shoots out of the barrel and toward Harris (Harris takes 1 wound). From the other, a swarm of gnats, beetles, flies and a variety of other bugs spews forth from the sleeves of his jacket and swarm around Magnus and Asher, biting nipping and otherwise distracting the two men. (Magnus and Asher resist the confusion power with smarts at -4, shaken on a failure)

As Joey struggles to get up after his attempt to stun Breach, the swordsman steps over the overweight dog boy, swinging a wicked vibroblade as he goes (1 wound to Joey). Then, he bee-lines toward Splice. "What the hell are... she starts to sputter before slipping to the side to take a glancing blow. "You swing that blade as poorly as the day I picked you off the streets you little shit" she laughs, though her eyes are cold as she raises both pistols and fires without compassion or second thought at the traitor. (Bennie to soak 2 wounds, Breach takes 1 wound)
Current Map
Combat Map (jpg).jpg
AsherBlack

Post by AsherBlack »

A$her has no love for someone who wants to play with his mind.

OOC Comments
Scene Mod -4
[*] Smarts (1d8) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:0[/dice:2ymuzlub]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:2[/dice:2ymuzlub]
Benny to Unshake - 3 of 4

Psionics 19 _
All-Points Bulletin/Exalted Telepathy
4 ISP (15 remaining)

[*] Psionics (1d10) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:1[/dice:2ymuzlub]
[*] Aced! Psionics (1d10+10) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:5[/dice:2ymuzlub]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:3[/dice:2ymuzlub]
"NOW SHUT UP AND LISTEN! Be still for a bit. Lower those weapons. Drop those powers. I am tapped into your mind and your thoughts and soon those details, those you keep hidden away, will be relayed to the CS and anyone else listening in. I have your biometric signals and personal identifications. There will be no where you can hide."

"Care to live another day. Then drop your weapons and crawl out on your hands and knees. I will send your information to you for a price, to be determined after you leave."

Intimidation 11 _
-2 MAP
+2 Scene Mod
[*] Intimidation (1d6) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:4[/dice:2ymuzlub]
[*] Aced! Intimidation (1d6+6) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:7[/dice:2ymuzlub]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2ymuzlub]55947:6[/dice:2ymuzlub]
As A$her finishes, he hunkers down in in his hidey hole and begins doing a mental check of everyone under his power and where they are.
Asher Black
Quick Stats _
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Fire Baby
  • Notes:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Wilk's 447
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Vibro-Knife
Powers
Available Powers _
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Intimidation Resistance, See for effects by character

Splice Extras - All Shaken and +2 for Asher

Ricky's Extras - All Shaken and +2 for Asher

Splice - Shaken and +2 for Asher
d8 = 4
d6 = 2

Breach - Shaken and +2 for Asher
d8 = 1
d6 = 2

Streak - Shaken and +2 for everyone
d8 = 1
d6 = 1
Crit fail

Dagor - Shaken and +2 for Asher
d8 = 2
d6 = 4

Sgt Spear - No effect
d8 = 1
d6 = 6,5 = 11

Scorch - +2 for Asher
d10 = 9
d6 = 4
As Asher's psychic broadcast goes out, just about everyone on the field is rattled by both the invasion of their thoughts and the possibility that their identities, secrets and locations being conveyed to the ISS.

Only Scorch seems unperbed by the threat itself, clearly confident in his own ability to deal with the ISS in a showdown. Though the fact that someone is in his mind seems to bother him. Sgt spear gives no heed to the information brokers warning. He is a sergeant in the ISS, after all.

On the other hand, anyone nearby Streak see's his eye expand in terror as he nearly fumbles his weapon and starts looking around wildly for the source of voice in his mind. (Crit fail for streak, everyone is at +2 for their next action against him, not just Asher)

Here is where we stand: 1/5 persuasion successes. 1 of Ricky's team down and 0 of Splice's, for a net +1 to persuasion rolls (bringing the scene to -1)

Next turn actions, for reference. Harris, Zeke and Kaelin feel free to act out your next turn. (Both turns for Harris)

Harris - 51
1d54: 6
1d54: 12
1d54: 51

Zeke
1d54: 50

Kaelin
1d54: 36

Ricky Extras - Hold for after Kaelin's turn
1d54: 50

Ricky WC - Hold for after Kaelin's Turn
1d54: 45

Splice Extras
1d54: 34

Splice WC
1d54: 34

Magnus - 29
1d54: 21 - Club
1d54: 29 - Club

Joey
1d54: 22

Asher
1d54: 13 - Club

Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin...yelped in surprise at Asher's sudden message in her head. Though she was aware they existed, mindwalkers (as they probably would've been called from where she came from) wasn't a thing that she was overly familiar with and so it had come something of a shock. Though the encounter with the ISS man at the Pit was still fresh in her mind, leading her to question just how much she could trust Asher.

However, worrying about Asher would have to wait until later as they still had a mess to get out off.

Right now it was a waiting game whether Asher's little...trick had worked or not. Though Kaelin kept her weapon to hand, ready to shoot the enemy who'd gotten uncomfortably close in case Asher's threat was ignored.

Action
Kaelin going on Hold.
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Harris LaVode »

Bennie to soak, 6 Success
Vigor [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:0[/dice:12rnu5a3]
Wild [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:1[/dice:12rnu5a3]
((Turn 1))
Rolling his body to allow his armored jacket to deflect rather than absorb the laser shot. He looks the shooter dead in the eye and keeps his hands in the open as he slips behind the nearest cover from Ricky's goons, but leaves him exposed to Slice's crew. With a pointed look at Breach he speaks to Slice in a calm voice, "We didn't turn on you. Hence the us shooting at them, not you.
Persuasion Task, 10 success and raise
Modifiers Scene -2, 1 Ricky goon dropped +1, Charisma +2, HJ bonus +2, net +3
Persuasion [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:2[/dice:12rnu5a3]
Wild [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:3[/dice:12rnu5a3]
Bennie to reroll
Persuasion [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:4[/dice:12rnu5a3]
Wild [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:5[/dice:12rnu5a3]
((Turn 2))
He continues trying to sway the Hacker and her team that they were not to blame. He opens his jacket revealing that while he was packing a large plasma pistol the detective wore no armor. "Do we look like we came expecting a fight? Sure we have some heat, it's level fucking four. But no real armor, no one on counter sniper duty. We came to deal."
Persuasion Task, 8 success and raise
Modifiers Scene -2, 1 Ricky goon dropped +1, Charisma +2, HJ bonus +2, net +3
Persuasion [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:6[/dice:12rnu5a3]
Wild [dice:12rnu5a3]55966:7[/dice:12rnu5a3]
With a winning smile he feels as much as sees his point sink in. "So let's deal with Slim's goons and finish our deal." Turning his attention to the attackers he draws the pistol.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
Pace: 4 1d4 running; Parry: 5 Toughness:6/7 with long coat/12(5) in armor/13(5) with both
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:Quick:(FG) Discard draw of 5 or less for new card. Nerves of Steel:(FG) Ignore 1 point of wound penalties. If he does not move in a turn, he may fire as if he took the Aim maneuver. Marksman may never be used with a Rate of Fire greater than 1.
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Soak 7; Soaks 1 Wound
Vigor [dice:1m9nqz0v]55979:0[/dice:1m9nqz0v]
Wild [dice:1m9nqz0v]55979:1[/dice:1m9nqz0v]
Ace [dice:1m9nqz0v]55979:2[/dice:1m9nqz0v]
Greater Deflection 11; Raise. -6 to be attacked; -7 to be attacked at range (Shroud)
Spellcasting [dice:1m9nqz0v]55979:3[/dice:1m9nqz0v]
Wild [dice:1m9nqz0v]55979:4[/dice:1m9nqz0v]
Night
Round 1

Zeke grunted as he was hit hard by the goon rushing at him. He felt the chain sword grind against his flesh as he sliced the light armor he wore. He staggered back with a groan, feeling the warm blood on his side, and murmured the words to a protective spell. The shadows deepened around Zeke, making him more difficult to see.

“Back off!” Zeke warned the man. “I will hurt you!”

-1 Wounds
Greater Deflection/Shroud: -6 to attacks (-7 at range), 6 Armor vs. AOE
Character Tracker
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 23/30)
Shotgun
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Failure vs. Confusion
Smarts [dice:2pwgd3x1]56284:0[/dice:2pwgd3x1]
Wild [dice:2pwgd3x1]56284:1[/dice:2pwgd3x1]
Magnus squawks in surprise as bugs and worms and other foulness spray out of Streak's sleeve and envelop the gladiator. In a very unmanly display of alarm and confusion, he slaps all over himself, trying to get the vermin off of him.

"Bugs! Prosek's balls, why does it have to be bugs?" he says, about ready to tear his armor off to get at the creepy-crawlies.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Ricky Extras
Shooting Scorch
1d6 = 6,5 = 11
1d6 =6,5 = 11

damage = 3d6 + 1d6 = 5, 6, 6, 1, 3, 3 = 24 AP 2 = 3 wounds
damage = 3d6 +1d6 = 6, 5, 6, 1, 5, 6, 1 = 30 AP 2 = 5 wounds

Soak 1d8 = 8, 2 = 10 = 1 wound
Wild 1d6 = 3

Soak 2 1d8-1 = 4 = 3 = 5 wounds. INCAP
wild 1d6-1 = 2 = 1

Shooting Kaelin -2 cover:
1d6-2 = 4 = 2
1d6-2 = 3 = 2
Ricky WC
Dagor:

agility trick on Zeke (MAP offset by Dirty fighter)
Agility 1d10 = 6 = 8
1d6+2 = 1 = 3

Attack on Kaelin
Fighting 1d10-2 = 10,4 = 12 - Hit with Raise
Wild 1d6-2 = 5 = 3

Damage - 1d12 + 2d8 + 1d6 = 4,2,6,5 = 17 AP 2 = 2 Wounds

Breach
Attack splice (+2 wild)
Fighting 1d10+2 = 2+2 = 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 1+2 =3

Attack Magnus
Fighting 1d10+2 = 2+2 = 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 5+2 =7
Bennie to EE = 1d6+7 = 1+7 = 8 = miss

Sgt Spear:
Shoots Grenade at Joey, Splice, Breach, Streak and Magnus
Shooting 1d10 = 5
Wild 1d6 = 5

Damage = 3d6 AP 2 = 1, 1, 5 = 7 AP 2
bennie to reroll = 4,3,3 = 10 AP 2
splice WC

Streak
Shooting Sgt spear with double tap
1d10-1 = 8-1 = 7
1d6-1 =3-1 - 2

damage 2d6+2+1 AP 4 =1,1 = 4
bennie to reroll = 6,6,1,2 +3= 18 AP 4 = 2 wounds
Sgt spear bennie to soak
1d8 = 7 = 1 wound
1d6 = 5
Splice Extra
Shooting other extras: -2 cover
1d6-2 = 1 = -1
1d6-2 = 4 = 2
1d6-2 = 5 = 3

all misses
Splice eyes Harris suspiciously as he makes the teams case. Its unclear whether its her long history with Harris, his compelling argument, or just a gut instinct she decides to trust, but she starts shouting orders into her comms

"Kill those bastards coming from the west, but hold fire on the team that brought the disc... she calls out, then adds "for now..."

The focus of Splice's soldiers noticeably shifts to Ricky's attackers. However, before they can make an effort to stop the assault, you hear a screach come from the north and notice the light from the fire around Scorch go out as volley of well aimed laser blasts pelt him from two different soldiers.

While your attention is drawn, Breach, eyes still wild and attacks increasingly desperate, takes a wild swing at Splice (miss), failing to land a damaging blow, then steps up to Magnus and take a swing(miss). An explosion from a grenade - Thrown by the sergeant - rocks the area, catching Magnus, Harris, Joey, Breach and Splice in the blast (10 AP 2 damage. Splice is unphased by the explosion, continuing to issue the change in orders to her team, but breach is caught of guard and dazed by the blast (shaken).

A little farther south, the behemoth known as Dagor swing his chain sword in an upward arc, spraying Zeke with chipped pavement (Zeke resists a trick with agility) TN 8, before bringing it back down on Kaelin, landing a painful blow on the DB (2 wounds).

Laser blasts continue to fly across the junkyard, further adding to the chaos. A couple strike near enough to Kaelin to mark her as the target, but otherwise don't cause her any harm.

Target update:
4 extras - unharmed
Breach - 1 wound and shaken -2 parry, +2 to any action against him
Dagor - unharmed
Sgt spear - 1 wound, not shaken

Map
Sorry, I am traveling and dont have access to the file I need to update the Map so we will need to transition a little to theater of the mind here. Use the last map above as a general reference.
Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

Soak Roll
Spending Benny to Soak.

Vigor [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:0[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Wild [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:1[/dice:11l8wpc6]

Vigor explodes [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:2[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Kaelin cries out and staggers back as Dagor's chainsword hits her, though it appears that her armour stopped the worse of the attack. Sucking in air through gritted teeth and utterly a curse in an unknown tongue as she could already feel a bruise forming, Kaelin points her laser pistol at the behemoth's chest in hopes of inflicting some damage.

Actions
Shooting attack on Dagor with Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, RoF 2

Shooting 1 [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:3[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Shooting 2 [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:4[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Wild [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:5[/dice:11l8wpc6]

Benny to re-roll.

Shooting 1 [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:6[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Shooting 2 [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:7[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Wild [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:8[/dice:11l8wpc6]

Two hits, AP2

Hit 1 [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:9[/dice:11l8wpc6]
Hit 2 [dice:11l8wpc6]56313:10[/dice:11l8wpc6]

Move to the north of Asher.
Last edited by Kaelin on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Resist trick 6; distracted, -2 Parry
Agility [dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:0[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Wild [dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:1[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Onslaught, 1 large bolt 6
-1 Wound
Spellcasting [dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:2[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Wild [dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:3[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Damage 59 MD; target must make a Vigor roll or suffer Fatigue
[dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:4[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Aces [dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:5[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Aces [dice:hf3gjbdy]56339:6[/dice:hf3gjbdy]
Night
Round 3

Zeke cried out and raised his hand against the spray of debris, but it made him lower his guard. He lashed out at the man with the chainsword with a massive blast of fire.

-1 Wounds
Greater Deflection/Shroud: -6 to attacks (-7 at range), 6 Armor vs. AOE
Character Tracker
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 19/30)
Shotgun
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Vigor to Unshake [dice:19y7drqi]56413:0[/dice:19y7drqi]
Wild [dice:19y7drqi]56413:1[/dice:19y7drqi]

Attacking Breach: Once with Combat Vambrace, twice with dagger (Frenzy): No MAP for 2-weapons, -2 to all for Frenzy

Vambrace
Fighting [dice:19y7drqi]56413:2[/dice:19y7drqi] = Hit?
Wild [dice:19y7drqi]56413:3[/dice:19y7drqi]
Damage: [dice:19y7drqi]56413:10[/dice:19y7drqi]+[dice:19y7drqi]56413:11[/dice:19y7drqi]+[dice:19y7drqi]56413:12[/dice:19y7drqi]

Knife
Fighting [dice:19y7drqi]56413:4[/dice:19y7drqi]
Wild [dice:19y7drqi]56413:5[/dice:19y7drqi] = Ace! [dice:19y7drqi]56413:8[/dice:19y7drqi] = Ace! [dice:19y7drqi]56413:9[/dice:19y7drqi]
Damage: [dice:19y7drqi]56413:13[/dice:19y7drqi]+[dice:19y7drqi]56413:14[/dice:19y7drqi]+[dice:19y7drqi]56413:15[/dice:19y7drqi] = Ace! [dice:19y7drqi]56413:16[/dice:19y7drqi]

Fighting [dice:19y7drqi]56413:6[/dice:19y7drqi] = Miss
Wild [dice:19y7drqi]56413:7[/dice:19y7drqi]
Magnus shakes off the effect of the magical bug, as well as the shrapnel flying around. Growling, he lowers his head and charges Breach like an iron bull. His left fist, the one with the combat gauntlet, slams into Breach's chest, triggering a trio of BigBore rounds that tear into the man's chest armor. In close now, Magnus pulls the doomed man in, face to face, before slamming his enchanted dagger up under Breach's chin and into his skull.

"How does that taste, you back-stabbing shitbird?" Magnus spits, as Breach twitches in his hands, his tongue stapled to the roof of his mouth by the pit-fighter's blade.

Combat gauntlet hits (?) with a 7, causing 18 damage. Then a 17 hits with a raise with the dragon dagger, causing 33 damage, AP 4.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Joey will spend a benny in reaction to grenade hit
Vigor [dice:29i1qgqb]56591:0[/dice:29i1qgqb]
Fighting [dice:29i1qgqb]1d8+2 [/dice:29i1qgqb]

Wild Roll: [dice:29i1qgqb]56591:1[/dice:29i1qgqb]

As Joey reels from the grenade, he manages to make out Dagor going after, and hitting, Kealin. ”Oh hell no!!” He shakes his head and slams his hands on the ground. Rising to his feet, he charges forward and slams his fist into Dagor as hard as he can, right in the kidney.
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Dagor flail's as he is engulfed in flame, body wreathing in the ground for a few moments until all that is left is an unmoving charred husk. Meanwhile, the traitors Breach draws his last breath as Magnus's dagger leaves a gaping hole in his frontal lobe. Notably, Splice gives an appreciating nod to the cybernetic fighter as Breaches body falls limply to the ground.

Surprisingly, the rest of the assault team doesn't break and run. They are either well trained, or just too stupid to be affected by their heavy losses.
map
Combat Map (jpg).jpg

Lets play out one more round. Action order is below.

Asher (On Hold)

Magnus = 51

Joey = 42
1d54: 42

Kaelin = 32
1d54: 32

Harris = 30
1d54: 30

Splice Extras = 37 (On hold for Kaelin and Harris)
1d54: 37

Ricky Extras = 30
1d54: 30

Zeke= 19
1d54: 19

Splice WC = 12
1d54: 12

Ricky WC = 5
1d54: 5
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Shooting [dice:44cgt62q]56663:1[/dice:44cgt62q]
Ace roll [dice:44cgt62q]56663:2[/dice:44cgt62q]
total = 8

Wild Roll: [dice:44cgt62q]56663:0[/dice:44cgt62q]
Ace roll [dice:44cgt62q]56663:3[/dice:44cgt62q]
total = 10

Joey gives his massive body a shake, and with a solid kick tomthe charred corpse, he pulls out his grenade launcher. ’that is it. Fuck this.” he lets off a stun grenade just beside the guy he can see. ’Might be another close by… if so,, fuck ya!!”

WI-GL20 Automatic Grenade Launcher with Stun Grenades (16) - Effect: Targets in a Large Burst Template area roll Vigor (at -2 if the attacker got a raise) versus being Shaken.
Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

With Dagor down and her now recovered from being winded, Kaelin takes aim at one of the nearest goons before firing off a burst from her laser weapon. She strongly suspects its more of a nuisance shot, though if it helps keeps the goon's head down so much the better.

Actions
Shooting at Goon 5 squares up, 2 across from Kaelin. Wilk's Pulse Laser pistol; RoF 2, AP 2.

Shot 1 [dice:2elrhv7n]56688:0[/dice:2elrhv7n]
Shot 2 [dice:2elrhv7n]56688:1[/dice:2elrhv7n]
Wild [dice:2elrhv7n]56688:2[/dice:2elrhv7n]

One hit, damage: [dice:2elrhv7n]56688:3[/dice:2elrhv7n]
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Resistance Rolls
Extra 1: 1d8-2 = 1-2 = -1
Extra 2: 1d8-2= 4-2 = 2
Both Soldiers near the concussive blast of the grenade are dazed by the blast and flash of light. (Shaken) While Kaelin's blast takes one of the stunned soldiers in the chest, his armor is clearly thick enough to preclude him taking lasting harm (Toughness 12(5)).
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Greater Entangle 7 MBT; opposed by Agility. Fully entangled on a success. Escape at -4 on a raise
-1 Wound
Spellcasting [dice:3q9sgpqk]56806:0[/dice:3q9sgpqk]
Wild [dice:3q9sgpqk]56806:1[/dice:3q9sgpqk]
Ace [dice:3q9sgpqk]56806:2[/dice:3q9sgpqk]
Night
Round 4

Zeke shivered as the chainsaw wielder was burned crispy. He still wasn’t used to the killing, but he was still bleeding, proving he’d needed to do it. He continued to roll left, eying his next target. He ratchetedd his shotgun and leveled it, firing out an icy blast.

-1 Wounds
Greater Deflection/Shroud: -6 to attacks (-7 at range), 6 Armor vs. AOE (2r)
Character Tracker
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 13/30)
Shotgun
  • PPE: 10
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Stealth fail
Stealth [dice:141qdyvc]56981:0[/dice:141qdyvc]
Wild [dice:141qdyvc]56981:1[/dice:141qdyvc]
Shaking Breach's blood from his knife, Magnus takes stock of the battlefield, now that Splice's men have stopped shooting at them.

"I hope this back-stabbing shitbird wasn't too good a friend," he says over his shoulder.

Thinking to sneak through the crates and get close to the men to the northwest, he starts to move ... but accidentally puts his foot in what's left of Breach's chest, sliding in the mess of sticky blood and slippery entrails.

"Oh, goddammit, that's disgusting. That is not gonna wash off easy," he says, trying to shake off his boots as he goes slipping and stumbling to the northwest, any chance at stealth ruined.
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Texted Map and Legend

Sorry, couldnt for the life of me change the color on the text, but hope this helps
Combat Map - text.jpg
Ricky Extras
Soldier Token.png
Soldier Token.png (90.75 KiB) Viewed 21298 times
Splice Extras
Black Market Soldier.png
Black Market Soldier.png (64.6 KiB) Viewed 21298 times
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Harris LaVode »

Spirit to remove shaken, 5
Spirit [dice:1u0bv354]57061:0[/dice:1u0bv354]
Wild [dice:1u0bv354]57061:1[/dice:1u0bv354]
Dazed for a second by the grenade blast the ex cop shakes it off and quickly surveys the scene. Seeing the two goons due west of him were pretty well in hand Harris moves to the northwest as fast as his bad leg will let him. Taking position next to a large crate he looks up the alley to the north and spots the shot caller for Rickys latest band of hapless targets. And as they were probably just a nobody crew trying to make a name, much like Harris and his new friends, he would normally be trying to talk them down around this point. Instead he brings his Equalizer up and fires a plasma round.
Shooting at the WC, 8. Damage 42 AP0 vs weakest armor
Modifiers: weapon mod +1. Total +1
Shooting [dice:1u0bv354]57061:2[/dice:1u0bv354]
Wild [dice:1u0bv354]57061:3[/dice:1u0bv354]
Damage [dice:1u0bv354]57061:4[/dice:1u0bv354] Ace [dice:1u0bv354]57061:6[/dice:1u0bv354] ACE! [dice:1u0bv354]57061:8[/dice:1u0bv354] [dice:1u0bv354]57061:5[/dice:1u0bv354] Ace [dice:1u0bv354]57061:7[/dice:1u0bv354]
Plasma arced over the man leaving him a curtain of flame. An ugly thing to do to someone but as a demonstration of seriousness it sent a message to the remaining attackers. And now was the time for demonstration. To Slim it was a message that payback would be no easy task. To LaFluer and Splice it was that the team keeps their word and follows through.
Last edited by Harris LaVode on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
AsherBlack

Post by AsherBlack »

A$her senses that the danger to his immediate proximity is over and he stands slowly and looks the only direction he can see where the team is not. North.

Saying rather loudly, "So let me guess, actually don't need to guess. It is time for conclusions."

"Ricky tells you, that the disks have recorded transactions between Slim Jim and the local ISS office and officers."

"That would be the only logical explanation for the well armed and trained soldiers that showed up."

"Because Ricky can't pay dick for hiring even a street walker."

Call. All In. Gamble 10 _
[*] Gamble (1d6) [dice:prqy619m]57062:0[/dice:prqy619m]
[*] Aced! Gambling (1d6+6) [dice:prqy619m]57062:2[/dice:prqy619m]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:prqy619m]57062:1[/dice:prqy619m]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:prqy619m]57062:3[/dice:prqy619m]
"I froze his accounts. Unless the bastard has cash he is paying you with and you got paid up front. He is stringing you along."

To emphasize, A$her chucks the burner phone as far as he can North of his position.
Asher Black
Quick Stats _
Fire Baby
  • Notes:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Wilk's 447
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Vibro-Knife
Powers
Available Powers _
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Splice Extras
Shooting (in cover) 1d6-2 = 6,1 = 5
Damage = 3d6 = 3,2,1 = 6 AP 2 = No Damage
Shooting (in cover) 1d6-2 = 5 = 3
Shooting (in cover) 1d6-2 = 4 = 2
Shooting (in cover) 1d6-2 = 1 = -1
Ricky Extras

Resist Entangle:
Agility 1d6 = 1 - Fully Entangled, -4 to break free
Agility 1d6 = 2 - Fully Entangled, -4 to break free

Unshake:
Spirit 1d6 = 5 - Not Shaken
Spirit 1d6 = 3 - Still Shaken

Shooting Magnus 1d6 = 1
Shooting Magnus 1d6-4 = 2-4 = -2
Shooting Joey 1d6-4 = 2-4 = -2
Shooting Splice Extra 1d6-2 = 1-2 = -1
Clearly dazed by the Stun Grenade, Ricky's hirelings are completely unprepared for the blast of ice that consumes them. (Both Entangled, -4 to escape). Wild eyed and desperate, they don't even try to break their icy bonds. Instead, one struggles to turn toward the ruckus behind him, firing and the stumbling form of Magnus, shot going wide. The other continues jam on the trigger of his gun frantically. Both attempts are practically laughable, and you are pretty sure you could walk up and pull the guns out of their hands without risking being hit.

Meanwhile, Splice's soldiers aren't doing much better, though they manage to hit the cover that their targets are hiding behind. One gun seems to sputter and malfunction, the laser beam coming from its barrel less intense than the others. Of course, it is this shot that lands a hit, barely scorching the material of its target's jacket.

Seeing their possibilities for success shrink to nothing as their numbers continue to dwindle the two soldiers to the north keep their heads enough to keep their weapons pointed toward the defenders turned attackers and they backpedal toward their vehicles awaiting outside the junkyard. The two encased in Ice realize too late that they should have been focusing on getting free, and instead drop their weapons and raise their hands in surrender.

Zeke still technically has a turn. If you'd like to use it to try and prevent the two from escaping feel free to do so (tactical combat turn) doing so will result in a slightly larger loot pile for team.

"Damn... Splice says, breathing what seems to be a genuine sight of relief as she hold up the chip again. "Whatever is on this thing must pretty compromising. Cassandra is going to have a field day with Slim Jim..."

Returning her focus to her surroundings she looks to streak, nodding up toward where they heard a scream from scorch earlier. Streak runs off immediately, pull materials from his pack as he goes. She then turns to Harris, the one in the group she is most familiar with, but speaks to everyone "Gotta admit, that wasn't half bad...hell, you took less losses than I did, traitorous shitholes aside" she adds, looking to where Breach's body lays in a heap.

Getting straight down to business she says"I figure we both put in equal efforts here. I'll split anything on these losers with you 50/50/ Real question is what are we going to do with these two" She turns to the encased soldiers, half smile playing on her lips. "What do you say we split them 50/50 too? You want the left one or the right? Or better yet, I'll take the top haves, you take the bottoms?"

Well done, you've convince Splice you are not two timing backstabbers while simultaneously fighting off Ricky's assault team! Take any narrative action you would like to following the battle. Following a response from Zeke on whether he would like to take his turn, I will get some info on loot up. Otherwise your deal with Splice goes through as planned, and the 40k credits, gets split evenly across the party (presumably). Feel free to narrate this encounter out, bargaining, making connections or anything else you see fit and I will get responses up, Unless you do something from left field, I plan on getting an interlude opportunity up and set the stage for the next scene this weekend.
AsherBlack

Post by AsherBlack »

A$her sees a chance for some further intel and decides to Is My Business (Mind Walk) both goons, one at a time.

A$her instructs for the goons to be bound hands and feet together and kneeling. He also hands over a gag for each and a thick black hood.

Mind Walk Goon 1, Psionics 9 _
6 ISP (9 remaining)

[*] Psionics (1d10) [dice:2spmwzxz]57233:0[/dice:2spmwzxz]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2spmwzxz]57233:4[/dice:2spmwzxz]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:2spmwzxz]57233:1[/dice:2spmwzxz]
"So what do your friends call you? Is it all right if I call you [INSERT NAME] that?"

"[INSERT NAME] What is your connection to Slim Jim?"

"[INSERT NAME] What is your connection to ISB?"

"[INSERT NAME] Was someone expecting you home this evening?"

"[INSERT NAME] Were you paid before coming to the Junkyard?"

"[INSERT NAME] Are you more than a hired gun?"

"[INSERT NAME] Is your insurance plan current?"
Mind Walk Goon 2, Psionics 9 _
6 ISP (3 remaining)

[*] Psionics (1d10) [dice:2spmwzxz]57233:2[/dice:2spmwzxz]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2spmwzxz]57233:3[/dice:2spmwzxz]
"So what do your friends call you? Is it all right if I call you [INSERT NAME] that?"

"[INSERT NAME] What is your connection to Slim Jim?"

"[INSERT NAME] What is your connection to ISB?"

"[INSERT NAME] Was someone expecting you home this evening?"

"[INSERT NAME] Were you paid before coming to the Junkyard?"

"[INSERT NAME] Are you more than a hired gun?"

"[INSERT NAME] Is your insurance plan current?"
A$her begins digging around in memories and searching for the kind of dirt one would use as appropriate blackmail. Petty crimes he skips over. He digs for the intel that old soap operas and midnight TV dramas were written about in the Golden Era. The information so scathing that his undisclosed bank account would be fatter by another 50,000 credits as hush money.

Of course he records their biometric signs and notes their paranoias, just incase these goons are squeeky clean.
Asher Black
Quick Stats _
Fire Baby
  • Notes:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Wilk's 447
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Vibro-Knife
Powers
Available Powers _
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Greater Entangle 6; opposed agility roll
-1 Wound
Spellcasting [dice:22z465w9]57285:0[/dice:22z465w9]
Wild [dice:22z465w9]57285:1[/dice:22z465w9]
Night
Round 5

Zeke sees the last two goons trying to get away. It would probably be best if they couldn’t report back to their boss, so he aimed his shotgun at them and fired once more.

With the fight over, Zeke limps over to rejoin the others, pressing a hand to his chest where he got wrecked by the chainsword.

-1 Wounds
Greater Deflection/Shroud: -6 to attacks (-7 at range), 6 Armor vs. AOE (2r)
Character Tracker
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 5/30)
Shotgun
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Brokner Jacobi

Post by Brokner Jacobi »

Joey reloads and moves to join the others. Seeing the last goons being taken care of, he draws his Equalizer pistol and covers Asher as he works on their minds.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Splice wrote: "You want the left one or the right? Or better yet, I'll take the top haves, you take the bottoms?"

"We could always slice 'em down the middle, skull to skivvies. Then mix-and-match," Magnus says, wiping the blood and assorted other remains off his weapons. He winks at Splice. "Maybe talk over the details over a drink? I know this place over in Red Sector that serves a mean pork-style tofu chop, and it's just around the corner from my place ..."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter
Kaelin

Post by Kaelin »

Once it was clear that the shooting had died down and the danger had passed, Kaelin took the opportunity to raid the junkyard for spare parts. Conscious that the time was against them, Kaelin hurried round and grabbed items that looked worthwhile at a glance. She reckoned she could make use of most of what she picked up.

Rolls
Notice [dice:eqett5vk]57337:0[/dice:eqett5vk]
Wild [dice:eqett5vk]57337:1[/dice:eqett5vk]

Repair [dice:eqett5vk]57337:2[/dice:eqett5vk]
Wild [dice:eqett5vk]57337:3[/dice:eqett5vk]
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

The two retreating soldiers see Zeke line up his shotgun to stop them, but are too slow to avoid the encasing ice that shoots forth from its barrel.

While the rest of the team either converses with Splice or loots their would be assailants, Kaelin, operator and mechanic that she is, takes advantage of her access to the junkyard. She had spotted a vehicle that looked like it was still in good condition and likely had some usable spare parts, should something ever happen to her hauler. (Kaelin pulls 10,000 credits worth of salvage to use for upgrades / repairs to a vehicle)

Under Joey's watchful gaze, Asher uses his psionic abilities to probe the goons minds, searching for answers. He doesn't learn much from the two, who appear to be little other than hired thugs that Ricky scrounged up after the team refused his offer. Not that different than most on the crew, they do odd jobs as they are hired, paid to get things done and not ask too many questions. Otherwise they are unimportant, other than to the families waiting for them at home at the end of each day. He does however learn that the assailants had been payed 50% upfront for the job, just as Ricky had offered to the team. They also mention that the man they had refered to as Sergeant Spear, the man who had been placed in charge of the bungled operation, does in fact work for the ISB of the ISS, though his involvement tonight was strictly after hours. Despite the men's dire predicament, being stuck in the hands of those they were recently trying kill, Asher gets a wave of amusement in response to the question about insurance. As if anyone on level 4 had anything worth insuring, let alone having the money to pay for such a luxury.

Those who search the attackers - dead and still living, find that each has a credsticks with their share of the upfront payment, totally a sum of 125,000 credits. Splice insists on splitting the spoils, even more so since only her people suffered any damage in the attack. Still, that leaves the team with a decent sum of 62,500 to split among themselves, on top of the 40,000 Splice paid for the disc.

The following weapons are found on the bodies still in good enough condition to use, and while the men armor of those who fell is too trashed to use, the 4 surviving thugs gear is still usable:

C-10 Light Laser Rifle (30/60/90, Damage 3d6, ROF 1 AP 2) x 3
- Scope, nightvision and laser targetting offset -2 penalties of range/darkness

C-14 "Fire Breather" (30/60/120, damage 3d6, ROF 1 AP 2, integrated grenade launcher) x 1
- Scope, nightvision and laser targetting offset -2 penalties of range/darkness

Chain Longsword(Str +2d8, AP2) x 1

NG-56 Light Ion Pistol (10/20/40, 1-3d6 damage)

Frag Grenades x 5
Vibrosword x 4

ED Plastic Man Light security armor (+4 armor, full EP) x 2
NG RA15 Cannonbal (+4 armor, +1 Toughness, Str d6) x 1
SFD Hunstman Lightweight (+5 armor, +1 Toughness) x 1

The team also ends up with a total of 102,500 credits to use as they see fit
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Harris LaVode »

Harris looks over the aftermath with satisfaction. His team got paid and made a new ally with no serious damage aside from the enmity of Slim Jim. Hopefully the info on the chip would serve to hasten a decline in his influence. Then a another way to maybe aid in the downfall of their new antagonist.

Pulling the bugged burner Ricky gave them, Harris inserts the battery and boots it up. In response to Slices quizzical look he fills her in. "Yes he gave us an offer and a burner on which to reply. Yes, it was bugged but we fixed that before we even talked to you. I'm going to call him now and make an offer to turn him."

Flipping the phone open he calls the number on speed dial. After many rings Ricky finally answers. Harris doesn't wait on pleasantries and gets to the point. "Ricky, you are having on hell of a bad day. And if your boss is half as unforgiving as I hear it looks to get a whole lot worse. So how about I do you a favor and save your life. If you tell my friend Slice her everything you know about Slims operations, I'm sure she'd help you get the fuck outta town. Or stick around and be on multiple shit lists. Think it over and call this number back if you're game."
Persuasion to turn Ricky, 6
Modifiers: +2 charisma
Persuasion [dice:1t4qgv81]57546:0[/dice:1t4qgv81]
Wild [dice:1t4qgv81]57546:1[/dice:1t4qgv81]
He holds the phone out to Splice. "Matbe he's got intel that you can use to shut down some of Slim's operations."
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
AsherBlack

Post by AsherBlack »

A$her gathers the information, much of what he surmissed prior to the investigation.

He motions to @Joey aka: Fat Joey to take them out of visual and ear shot range. Hoods first, gags second, bonds third. As the goons get to their feet A$her sends one last message. "Go. Your families are waiting."

Taking the information he has learned he sits on the ground and begins snooping through electronic files.

Telemechanics 18 _
2 ISP (1 remaining)
[*] Telepathy (Psionics) (1d10) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:0[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
[*] Aced! Telepathy (Psionics) (1d10+10) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:2[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:1[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
K/Computers 13 & Investigation 9 _
Telemechanics +4
[*] K/Computers (1d8) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:7[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:8[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:3[/dice:7cdhhrrv]

[*] Investigation (1d6) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:9[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:7cdhhrrv]57558:4[/dice:7cdhhrrv]
A$her works fast. Figuring that Ricky will likely try and cancel the credit transaction to anyone and everyone involved in the assualt. As he has the information for only two of the assailants he works with them. First he locks the electronic signatures on the advance, then he recodes the transactions. Last he drops 10,000 credits each from his own secure accounts into these two assailants accounts. Once he is sure that the accounts and their credits are secure an untouchable, for now, he turns his attention to Ricky's accounts.

The great thing about digital and electronic funds and transfers, is tha they can be traced. Reversing the alogrithims, A$her finds the routing information for the otiginal transactions and begins shutting down any and every account assocaited to Ricky. The credits are frozen and unaccessible. The credits and information may be available later for A$her to tamper with and move around.
Asher Black
Quick Stats _
Fire Baby
  • Notes:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • Wilk's 447
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Vibro-Knife
Powers
Available Powers _
Harris LaVode
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Harris LaVode »

After things are split up and they team has loaded up into Kaelin's ride Harris looks to the other
founding members of the crew.
@Joey @Magnus @Zeke
"Still no word from Fisk, so we still need a driver and a real hacker would be nice. I say these two earned a spot on the team if they're interested. How about you guys?"
At a Glance
Harris LaVode
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature
Zeke Walker

Post by Zeke Walker »

Chi-Town/Level 4/Walker’s Convenience
Afternoon
Round 0
Loot distribution
What’s the final breakdown on how much we get? I’ll let first pass on the weapons go to those who use weapons, but if someone doesn’t want one, I’ll take one of the scopes for Zeke’s shotgun. Otherwise he’s fine with the rest being sold off for credits.
Zeke nodded to Harris in approval. “They worked out well, and they would be useful,” he had to agree about inviting Kaelin and A$her to the crew.

Character Tracker
PPE: 20/20 (with shotgun: 30/30)
Shotgun
Character Tracker
Shotgun
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

"Works for me," Magnus says. "They're soaking up a share of the hits coming our way, they should get a share of the pay."
Magnus the Red-Handed
Quick Stats
Cybered Pit Fighter

Return to “Adventure Forum”