Snow in Saguaro

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Snow in Saguaro

Post by Stoic »

Topeka, Kansas

Julie is the first one to arrive in town. As the leader of the latest SPEAR Tactical Response Team (TRT), she is given two weeks to set up the new office, a quiet corner of an office building downtown. The space has an open design, with a private office reserved for Julie. There are whiteboards, a conference table, a lunchroom and standard office equipment. Julie reports directly to Marshall Henry, who in turn reports directly to Jabari Freeman, Commander of the North and Central America Unit. Marshal Henry often communicates with the group via video conference, and today is no exception. After the team arrives at the conference table the 32" monitor at the end of the table lights up and the call begins. Marshall Henry is a tall african american man with a nasty scar that took his right eye. He wears a simple eye patch over the wound for the most part but has been known to use a glass eye at times. He grunts in acknowledgment when he sees the team has assembled and starts the meeting.

"Ladies and gentlemen." He nods "Earlier today an asset in our custody awoke from a medically induced coma. Upon waking they began babbling strings of numbers, seemingly at random. One of our crypto-analysts was able to decipher that the numbers are actually GPS coordinates to a secret facility located in Saguaro National Park in Arizona."

His image on the map is replaced by a computer generated map, an overhead view conveniently labeled "Saguaro National Park". The map zooms in on the coordinates which indeed show a small facility with a medium sized concrete structure surrounded by a few small one-room structures

The image changes to a weather overlay and you can see a very large white area is blocking out most of the map, with a small circle unobstructed around the facility.

"As you can see, there's a hell of a snow storm currently parked right over the structure. The structure is actually in the middle of the storm, which has not moved for two days. We need your team to go in and figure out what the hell is going on here. We suspect that the facility belongs to the Olympians, so we fully expect there to be armed opposition. You have a rendezvous with a helicopter slated to take off from Tuscon at 20:00 local time tonight. A private plane will take the team to Tuscon at 17:00 hours, five hours from now. If there are no further questions, I'll leave you to it."
OOC Comments
If you have any questions, post them here and Marshall will respond to you. Please allocate your gear points to reflect what you're taking with you. The group will be provided with cold weather gear and breathing masks for free, so no need to spend gear points on them.
I will post again once we determine what everyone is bringing. If that is not done by Sunday, I will do the next post and give anyone who didn't specify (or indicate a "standard loadout" on their sheets) the standard operator package. If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me or ask via hangouts.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Kindreth

Re: Snow in Saguaro

Post by Kindreth »

Julie thinks for a moment before speaking, her mind working through variables. ”Sir, what is our expected time frame on this? Are we going in tactical only? Or do we think we might be stuck out there for a while?”
Trent

Post by Trent »

Trent scowls when the monitor grunts and figures why the fuck not. He whips out his cell phone and asks, ”Marshall you mind if I pull up video of the assest doing what you say he or she was doing?” Time in the steam pipe truck distribution room had desensitized him from any regard for the chain of command but at least he still had enough sense left to ask about hacking SPEAR before proceeding.
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness:9(4) +4 armor
Skills:
Notice d4
Athletics: d6
Tradecraft: d6
Fighting: d8
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"This is a test, right?" Keiko asked. She was slouching low in her chair so her head barely cleared the tabletop, watching the screen with a suspicious glint in her eyes.

"I mean, for me. Because if this is real, it's paaaaaaainfully obviously a trap. Like, 'hey guys, here's a big weird storm over a park in Arizona, come see...oh and we'll feed you the coordinates to it too!' Right?"

She looked around the room at everyone.

"Has anyone tried to read the guy's mind yet? I mean, the crazy number guy. And...okay you say he AWOKE today, but why was he in a coma? How long have you had him? Where did you get him? I have so many questions!"

She sighed and held up her phone to start monkeying with the screen.

"So did I pass?"

Loadout
Equipment Points (10)
Maxim 9, 2d6 AP 1, 12/24/48, RoF 1, semi-auto;suppressed, 12 shot clip (1)
- 2 clips ammo

Cold Weather Gear (free for this assignment)
Armored Stealth Suit, +4 Armor, +2 stealth (4)
Ballistic Helmet, +4 armor (head only)
- Gas Mask (free for this assignment)

Survival Kit (1)
Encrypted Smartphone (0)
Subvocal commlink (0)
2 Audio/Visual Bugs (.5)
Climbing Gear (1)
Concealable Holster (.5)
Infiltration Kit (1)
Last edited by Keiko on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon CROSS Harris

Post by Simon CROSS Harris »

Simon walks to a separate computer and monitor and begins punching in map coordiantes for satelitte images. Assessments are made as to tactical locations and where to set up observation points and the mobile command post.

He walks back to the big screen, dials up Henry, "Any chance I could fly the team in and expedite the extraction of the team when things are done?"

"I have looked into the surrounding areas and have identified a few locations for a secure and soft landing."
Trent

Post by Trent »

Just looking at Cross made Trent reflexivly feel the ache and burn of hot coffee. What was it, last month... I was looking over my collection of Cross action figures and Cross himself comes in... I knocked my cofee all over my pants. At least the big damn hero was nice enough to get me some ice and mineral water.

While waiting for Marshall to give him the ok to hack SPEAR’s secure network Trent calls over to @Simon CROSS Harris , ” Hey Cross. Couldn’t you just do this op yourself? I heared about an olympus facility in panama going sky high... I assume it was your handiwork.” He gives Cross a bit of a grin as he continues acknowledging the young pup @Keiko in the group, ” Don’t worry about Marshall kid. He hasn’t sent a team into a trap for at least a couple of months.” He looks her up and down still tempted to just start hacking SPEAR without approval, ” Kid, besides acing tests what are you good at?”

Trent eyes the green horn, she smelt fresh like right out of basic. I got to wonder what kind of short straw she drew in order to get tagged into a team of us grizzled vets?
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

That day he snuck up on @Trent, well it was not his inention to surprise the guy. He was checking on the man's sullenness, uite certain that there was something else bothering him. Those four posable action Cross dolls, well that about made Simon turn and walk way.

Tapping Trent on the shoulder, "try using the "free to public" satelittes first."

"We could drop one of the Russian Shit-nik's out of the sky, right into their backyard."
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Keiko glanced up from her phone at Trent and her lips spread wide into a big smile. Then wider until her mouth seemed to just about split her head in half. Her mouth opened, and from inside it pushed something big...forcing her jaws apart even wider until it was clear that what was emerging from Keiko's mouth was...Keiko's head. An entire new head wriggled out of her own mouth, shoving the discarded flaps of skin back down around her neck.

She absently yanked that loose skin free and tossed it into her mouth, chewing it noisily like gum. Then she shrugged.

"I'm kind of an underachiever. How about you?"
Trent

Post by Trent »

Trent chuckled slightly still a bit nervous arround one of SPEAR’s legends. The fact that @Simon CROSS Harris was actually talking to him was about as much thrill he had seen in the months after being disgraced and burned. ”Yeah Cross FTP, no need to get Marshall pissed off more than he probably is. I was actually pretty surprised to get the call to come out here. I was thinking about retiring after I lost my last team, but it seems Marshall has one more mission for me.”

At @Keiko‘s antics he chuckles, I have not seen a good shapechanger for some time. Not since I sold out Deli Jelly... ” You got skills kid I’ll give you that.” Trent frowns slightly trying to push aside a disturbing memory of putting two into Deli Jelly. I had to do it... My kid and wife are at stake. ”You’ll be ok kid just pay attention.” As if to accent some point he waves his cell phone at Keiko. The phone has the typical white hat adapter that was common for a recruit to see at basic training.
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Keiko wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:59 pm Keiko glanced up from her phone at Trent and her lips spread wide into a big smile. Then wider until her mouth seemed to just about split her head in half. Her mouth opened, and from inside it pushed something big...forcing her jaws apart even wider until it was clear that what was emerging from Keiko's mouth was...Keiko's head. An entire new head wriggled out of her own mouth, shoving the discarded flaps of skin back down around her neck.

She absently yanked that loose skin free and tossed it into her mouth, chewing it noisily like gum. Then she shrugged.

"I'm kind of an underachiever. How about you?"
@Keiko , Cross acts surprised then reaches into the cargo pocket of his utilities and offers Keiko some bubble gum and a couple of tic tacs.

"Freshen your breath and whiten your smile. If I had flossers I would hand you one, I think you got a little bit of your right hand stuck between your teeth." To emphasize Cross pulls back his gums and smiles

Turning back to @Trent , "well, I for one am glad you didn't. I can only work with so many rookies at once."

"You lose them like that scene from 'Mission Impossible' with Emilio Estevez or more like the whole team got burned like "Hackers" with Matthew Lillard?"
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Julie lets out a shrill, high-pitched whistle that pierces the ears of everyone in the room. Once she has everyone’s attention, she just nods in the direction of the video screen as if to say, ”Shut up until this is over.”

Anyone who has been in SPEAR for any amount of time has sat through innumerable briefings just like this one (and have likely been told to pay attention by their COs about as many times). Business as usual.
Trent

Post by Trent »

What the fuck Julie some of us old timers have hearing aids... Not me but...

Trent has seen enough of these briefings to know the CO’s are mostly full of hot air. I mean common what we do is pretty stressful mouthing off and shooting the shit in the middle of a briefing is pretty norm for relieving stress. Besides the worst has already been done to Trent and he was just play acting some kind of nightmare senario what did he have to loose if Julie shot him in the face for asking a question.

Trent eyes @Keiko and @Simon CROSS Harris fully prepared to take the heat when he speaks to @Julie. No way was he going to let someone, anyone tell his hero and legend Cross what to do. ” Hey Julie, nice whistle. Marshall wanted us to ask some questions. We asked some and were just getting to know each other while he mulled over his answers. No harm in understanding who you are working with right?”

Trent smiled sliding his phone back into its case for now. Better put the phone away least she take my toy.

Not to leave Cross hanging, Trent mumbles out the side of his mouth, ”MI”
Skills:
Notice d4
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Sitting in the briefing, Azrael listens to everyone. Taking in the smells bubblegum, cologne, breath mints, and plastic. Is that 'toy' plastic its not familiar like the plastic on weapons that has been covered in oil repeatedly, is there a child on the mission? That sound... no one else walked in.. oh yet another briefing where the commander is too good to brief us in person. Wonder if he earned his way up or paid for it.

Quietly he listens while everyone taunts each other. Then he heard it someone sucking in air he moved his hands to his ears muffling the sound of the whistle. Once people quiet down he chimes in, "Does someone mind describing the compound to me? These video briefings aren't exactly blind friendly. A snow storm in Arizona? That's unusual to say the least. Perhaps some sort of weather control psychic? I can be ready as quick as needed."
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Kelly sticks to the background as the newly formed crew mouths off, shows odd and otherwise tries to one up eachother. She chews on the end of the pen she occassionally uses to jot down notes about each of here compatriots, usually with a knowing "hmm..", or a confirming "mmmhuh".

"actually many parts of Arizona see feet of snow every year. But not Saguaro. And any for any storm to stay stationary like that is highly irregular, especially for that region"

Kelly pockets her notebook, but continues to fiddle with her pen as she speaks.

"I get that in new to all this secret agency thing, but trap or no trap , we've been ordered to go so we go. That's how this works right? Chain of command and all that? So what we should really be focusing onis how? Do we know anything about this complex, or do we need to spend some time doing observation? Do we know anyone who works there? If so, if you can get me close enough I could probably get some Intel out her. Or just hijack her mind and send her to do recon for us." Kelly pauses, clicking the pen repeatedly as she thinks. "At least, I was able to do that back at the training center..."
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 4/6
Toughness: 9(4)

Active effects:
Notable Edges: Killer Instinct, Mentalist

Bennies: 3/3
+1 For Keiko Joker
+1 for pointing out card draw discrepancy
-1 for Mind control Re-roll

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
11 EP (factoring in free pistol)
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
  • (0) Cold Weather Clothes
  • (0) Subvoval Comlink - Speak to the team silently, -4 to notice it
  • (0) Encrypted Smartphone - 24 hour charge, -6 to hack or jam
  • (4) Armored Stealth Suit - +4 armor, +2 to stealth on visual and sound
    • 7lbs
  • (1) Ballistic Helmet - +4 armor on the head
    • 4lbs
  • (¼) Folding Knife - Concealable
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
  • (2) Advanced First Aid Kit
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
  • (½) Tranquilizer Pen - vigor roll at -4 (-6 with raise)
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
  • (1) Night vision goggles - eliminates dim and dark penalties
    • 2 lbs

Weight: 23 of 40lbs
Simon CROSS Harris

Cross looks over to Trent and nods. As Julie wraps up the stick and CO line, Cross speaks up, "Henry asked if we had any questions. So we asked questions. Now why exactly do you have your panties in bunch?"

Cross turns the monitor around at the desk he was sitting at, "There are several really good insertion points right here, here, and here."

"This one right here, north of the storm, is the best one in fact."

Nodding to Trent, "see what FTPs can get you?"

"Anyway, we could land a rotor wing and walk our way into and through the cyclone of snow."

Turning to @Azrael , "Codetalker good to see you off of the reservation. It's been a while since we ran an op together."

"Did Cnail make it into this roundup? I could really use some of his drones." Cross air quotes drones.

"So Ms. @Julie , who you got running scout through the white storm?"
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"Can't we just parachute through the middle of it?" Keiko wants to know. "Hiking through a big snowstorm sounds like a really obnoxious time. It's supposed to be all calm in the center, right?"
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Great... A bunch of testosterone that can't handle taking orders from a woman...this isn't going to be challenging at all.

Kelly snorts at Keiko's comment, pulling out her notepad again to jot down another comment.

"Thats only hurricanes dear. Winter storms like this are solid, and usually their worst at the center. Though..." Kelly's confidence wavers, showing her inexperience with all this psychic stuff, "if this is as storm isnt natural as everyone seems to think, who knows"
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
  • (1 ¼ ) Incendiary Grenade - Ignores armor, target on fire at 4-6 (separate roll)
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
  • (1) Sleeping gas Grenade - Vigor at -4 or knocked out for 2d6 hours, lasts 3 rounds.
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Julie replies, ”Asking questions: good. Flirting: save it for recess.”

To Cross, she says, ”You’re welcome to take point. Pick a battle buddy and plan to stay closer than normal, though. You won’t be able to see as well at range in a snowstorm as you usually can.”

On parachuting she gives her head a shake. ”Parachuting in is a tactical nightmare even in clear skies, let alone in a storm. We’re better off with snowmobiles if we can get ‘em, or maybe even four-wheelers if we can’t.”

To Azrael, ”Fair question.” She gives a quick description and then says, ”we’ll get you squared away after the briefing.”

@Trent @Keiko @Simon CROSS Harris @Azrael
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

"That's true Cross. Smells like we got a couple newbies here. Especially the pen clicker. Seems like she is taking plenty of notes. Sweating a bit. I bet she's wound up tight like a cat."

Mapping the compound description as best he can in his mind as Julie speaks he nods along. "Thanks Julie. Nice to see they gave you a command position. I am sure most of these old timers wont run you too ragged. I can always take one of the newbies and we can sneak in close. Keiko sounds a bit quieter when she isn't chewing on her gum and smacking her lips. Her footsteps seemed soft at least when she came in. We can always try the old blind man doesn't know where the heck he ended up routine."
Simon CROSS Harris

"@Azrael, I am guessing the nearest tribal community is several clicks away. It would be a longshot for anyone to be wandering around out there."

"That being said, tracking into and out of the storm should be no problem. Satelitte imaging is working so radio frequencies are getting through just fine."

"@Julie, if you want vehicles then, we could requisition one of the Chinooks. One or two jeeps. A couple of ATVs. Maybe even a couple of sleds."

At the mention of sleds, someone, someones, or maybe everyone gives Cross an odd look.

"Not tobaggons. Snowmobiles. Although, hokey-bobbing after the op would be a blast."

Heading back to the topographical map of the op site, Cross points at a clearing to the west side of the op maybe ten miles out, "We would need to land the Chinook here. It is the only place near enough with a big enough clearing."
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Keiko glances at Azreal and comments, "That is...possibly the weirdest way anyone's ever tried to say something like that. All I can say is congrats. As for the rest, snowmobiles!" She slaps the table. "Sold. I've ALWAYS wanted to drive one of those."

She gets up and goes over to look at the map. "So when do we go?"
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Listening to the conversation Marcus sits at the desk fidgeting with some a small bit of mottled grey metal. Looking around he begins asking his questions, his stuttering coming and going. "I ah. failed, ah, no I mean I took SERE three times, but did not pass. So maybe some better survival gear for when the inevitable failed extraction. Not that Cross will fail, but you know the chopper, or maybe someone else will fail.

"Any chance you would be willing to toss that is the bag for us. These frozen deserts are tough and my talents will be less useful than rain to a drowning man."
The skinny telekinetic was always trying to think of how to solve problems, sometimes even when there was no problem to solve. Finally frustrated with his constant talking and having to keep correcting himself Marcus goes quiet.
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
  • +1 GM Boon for noticing accounting err
    -1 Reroll stealth for submarine
    +1 Never mind, that roll was not needed per the GM.
    -1 Trying to hit that stupid crocodile
    +2 Double Jokers
    -3 Disarm man of rifle and hit him with it.
Marcus (Rob T)
Code Name: Sentinel
Name: Marcus Fallan
Advances:
8 Remaining: 0 Rank: Veteran
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (4) [+4 versus metal] | In Bubble he has 25 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6
Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Arcane Background (Super Powers, free setting rule)
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x3 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5, Advance 8)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
  • Dodge: −2 to be hit by ranged attacks.
Powers (25 Power Points)
4 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 3; Infrared Vision, Low Light Vision, Super Sense +2 with Sight, Spacial Awareness +2, Only to sense metals -1)
2 Divided Attention (Extra Action 2, only with Matter Control -1)
1 It Comes Out of Me, and Goes in, No Problem (Resistance to Metal 1)
14 Master of Electromagnetism (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
1 EM Distortion Field (Deflection -2, Requires Activation -1)
3 Ride The Wave (Flight pace x2, Contingent on Master of Metal -1)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
    Four spare ammo magazines (TAR-21)
    10 Throwing knives (Strength+d4)
    Body Armor (+4, torso only)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
    Sneaking suit (Stealth +1)
    1.5 tons of metal ball bearings
Power Tricks = Free for Marcus
When a power affects a target, either as an attack or a resisted effect, a hero may use any of the Power Tricks below by describing the action and taking a –2 penalty to the active skill (or the victim adds +2 to his resistance roll if there is no active roll on the part of the attacker, like fear). If successful, the power works as usual and the Trick chosen from the list below is triggered as well.
Any effect may be used at any time with a good rationale and the Game Master’s permission—a character doesn’t have to choose the same effect each time. Exactly how it works is a matter of description. Lower Defenses might mean encircling the target in smoky blackness via energy control (darkness) so that he can’t see incoming attacks. A radiation blast (ranged attack) might cause dizziness (Lower Trait for Agility) or weakness (Vigor). Or an earthquake might setup a villain for a follow-up ranged attack. It’s all in the description.
  • Delay: The victim must trade his current Action Card with the next character lower than him (he can’t trade with a character on Hold). If the victim already acted this round, the trade occurs on the following round unless the target gets the Joker (which negates the effect).
  • Lower Defenses: The target’s Parry is lowered by 2 until his next action. This is simply a different way to successfully perform the Trick maneuver (see Savage Worlds), so it does not stack with a regular Trick.
  • Lower Trait: One of the target’s attributes and all linked skills suffer a –2 penalty on his next action.
  • Setup: Allies get a +2 bonus against the victim until his next action.
  • Slow: The target’s Pace is halved on his next action.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Marshall listens to the group talking amongst themselves and is about to say something when Julie gets them back in line. He nods. "You will be boots on the ground for a maximum of 12 hours. No need to bring a survival kit, we're just getting in and getting out."

His eyes pick out Trent and he scowls. "I absolutely mind you hacking into our system. That's a good way to end up in a federal penitentiary with your paperwork misfiled. I will, however, have a copy available for you off of SPEARnet. expect an e-mail coming soon to Ms. De La Rosa."

To Keiko. "Yes, we have had a Telepath look him over. He has suffered some severe head trauma and our Telepath says it might be weeks to pick apart the rat's nest that his consciousness currently is. Naturally, we suspect something is up, but that is why we are sending your team, one of our best."

"Mr. Cross, you can fly if that is acceptable to your team leader. However, there WILL be co-pilot in case you do not make it back to the helo."

He nods. "If that will be it, get to it then." He waits a moment then the screen blanks out.

Julie gets a notification in her e-mail. It has plane tickets to Tuscon (on 4 separate flights) and a video interrogation of the psychic.

The Video. The video shows a fit young man with a bandage wrapped around his head. A person wearing a lab coat is seen on screen and they explain that they were found unconscious on the runway of a private airport just outside of Syracuse, NY a couple of days ago. They were put in a medically induced coma to deal with some swelling. Upon waking they kept repeating the phrase "32°17'48.25" N -111°09'59.81" W" over and over.
OOC Comments
A research roll can help you piece some information together to possibly get a better idea of who this mystery person is. If you don't have research, then a tradecraft roll will be fine to substitute. The more successes you get, the more information you will find.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

OOC Comments
Tradecraft [dice:83ffrwp5]48649:0[/dice:83ffrwp5]
Wild [dice:83ffrwp5]48649:1[/dice:83ffrwp5]
Marcus was never much of a video guy. His talents where more on the side of gathering the assets than watching them. But life was what it was and he had been around more than once, so he watched the video looking for clues to anything that made sense.

Took some sort of head trauma and was then placed in a medically induced coma, somehow came out and was able to say something as complex as GPS XYs. Sounds a lot like a trap, but whatever, the team was awesome and except from the new kid had proven itself for than once.
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Cha: +0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (4) [+4 versus metal] | In Bubble he has 25 (16) [+4 versus metal]
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Tongue-Tied (The character often misspeaks or can’t get her words out. –1 to Intimidation, Persuasion, and Taunt rolls.)
  • Hesitant (Draw two Action Cards and take the lowest, except Jokers, which may be kept)
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
  • Calculating: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties on one action with an Action Card of Five or less
  • Old Timer: The character has seen some stuff. But he has also earned some complications
  • Power Points x3 (The character gains +5 power points, Advance 1, Advance 5, Advance 8)
  • The Best Their Is: The character is allowed to spend 15 points on Matter Control
  • Master: The character may perform power tricks when he uses his power without the -2 penalty. (Advance 6)
Powers (25 Power Points)
4 Electromagnetic Awareness (Heightened Senses 3; Infrared Vision, Low Light Vision, Super Sense +2 with Sight, Spacial Awareness +2, Only to sense metals -1)
14 Master of Electromagnetism (Matter Control Metal 7 - d12+5, Toughness 16, 2,500 lbs unencumbered, 5 tons max, Requires Material -2, Range 24")
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    TAR-21 (5.56, Range 24/48/96, Damage 2d8, RoF 3, Shots 30, AP 2, Auto, Laser sight)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
When a power affects a target, either as an attack or a resisted effect, a hero may use any of the Power Tricks below by describing the action and taking a –2 penalty to the active skill (or the victim adds +2 to his resistance roll if there is no active roll on the part of the attacker, like fear). If successful, the power works as usual and the Trick chosen from the list below is triggered as well.
Any effect may be used at any time with a good rationale and the Game Master’s permission—a character doesn’t have to choose the same effect each time. Exactly how it works is a matter of description. Lower Defenses might mean encircling the target in smoky blackness via energy control (darkness) so that he can’t see incoming attacks. A radiation blast (ranged attack) might cause dizziness (Lower Trait for Agility) or weakness (Vigor). Or an earthquake might setup a villain for a follow-up ranged attack. It’s all in the description.
  • Delay: The victim must trade his current Action Card with the next character lower than him (he can’t trade with a character on Hold). If the victim already acted this round, the trade occurs on the following round unless the target gets the Joker (which negates the effect).
  • Lower Defenses: The target’s Parry is lowered by 2 until his next action. This is simply a different way to successfully perform the Trick maneuver (see Savage Worlds), so it does not stack with a regular Trick.
  • Lower Trait: One of the target’s attributes and all linked skills suffer a –2 penalty on his next action.
Trent

Post by Trent »

Trent scowled when Marshall denied his hack. Tool. You used to be on our side Marshall. When did the suit turn you into a international duchebag? Trent opened his mouth ready to explain how all he did was hack SPEARnet being reassigned to the steam pipe junck distribution auxiliary room. But @Marcus’s swift and silient analysis of their situation stopped him in his tracks.

Marcus was supposed to be assigned to Trent’s last team but a rumored case of the clap kept the debonair agent from meeting the same grizzly fate as the rest of his team. Trent looked down at his hand quivering slightly. I still see their faces as I pull the trigger... Over and over, fuck Nesson and his claws. I’ll find my family and get out of this shit hole life.

He pulls out a few silver chips and gets up ready to head out. He looks at @Keiko, ” Go slow kid. Listen to Juilie she knows what she is doing. Us old timers might give her a hard time but she didn’t get to be a team leader by accident.”. He chuckles, ”I am sure you’ll give me some mellenial bullshit I don’t need a babysiter crap... But we got your back. Your welcome.” Trent stretches and addresses all the team members of Keiko’s Babysiter Squad, ” Most requisition officers won’t give me the time of day but O’mally lost to me big time in wednesday nights savage worlds game. Anyone else want to head down and pick up our gear.”

Who was that brain swelling coma dude?
Tradecraft 10
Tradecraft [dice:mr21tsrx]48652:0[/dice:mr21tsrx] wild [dice:mr21tsrx]48652:1[/dice:mr21tsrx] ace [dice:mr21tsrx]48652:2[/dice:mr21tsrx]
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Who do you love _
  • K/Tradecraft [dice:11ejf806]48655:0[/dice:11ejf806]
  • Wild [dice:11ejf806]48655:1[/dice:11ejf806]
Simon is not quite sure. The image is fuzzy and grainy. Something is gnawing at his senses.

" @Trent, any chance you could clarify the resolution?"

Staring at it long enough, gives Cross a headache but it also gives him an idea.

Cross motions @Julie aside. He motions to a closed off secure room, used for debriefing where most of the teams heightened senses can't penetrate or infiltrate.

Julie to Interogation Room 1 _
"It has been nearly ten years but I believe that man in the photos is my former wingman. He sold our planes to the Russians and disappeared. All before I managed to escape from the KGB."

"I would second guess the intel and probably shoot the man dead asap."
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Tradecraft 3
Tradecraft [dice:2vv20n2k]48657:0[/dice:2vv20n2k]
[dice:2vv20n2k]48657:1[/dice:2vv20n2k]
Simon CROSS Harris wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:16 am
"It has been nearly ten years but I believe that man in the photos is my former wingman. He sold our planes to the Russians and disappeared. All before I managed to escape from the KGB."

"I would second guess the intel and probably shoot the man dead asap."
[/OOC]
”Well, that certainly sucks. Hang on a second.” Julie calls in the new intel on her iSPEAR, and then re-enters the room.

”Okay, group. We are going to take some added precautions on this one, just in case. We’ll go in as quietly as we can, but let’s assume we’re expected. @Trent, I need you to use your magic to get us all seats on a private plane out and to make it look like we used the tickets we were assigned on those other flights. I’m sure that’ll come out of our op budget later, but it’ll be worth it. I’m taking in a survival kit, and I’d like at least one other crew member to carry one, too. If we get stuck out there for more than twelve hours, we need a backup plan. Anyone who is missing anything for their loadout, let me know or let Trent know. He wasn’t lying; somehow, he always manages to snag extra gear.”

To @Marcus she asks, ”if our chopper takes a hit on approach, can you use your abilities to help keep us in the sky?”
Trent

Post by Trent »

Not wanting to let down his idol and inspiration of many action poised dolls found in ToysRus’ accross the nation Trent nods to @Simon CROSS Harris not even mentioning the two finger swipe programed into ever iSpear designed to do just what Cross wanted. ” Sure Cross, let me see that phone for a sec... There you go, a bit better.” There is a reason why SPEAR licienced your likeness to the toy company.

After hearing @Julie order him to break into the TSA mainframe he pulls out his phone on the way down to Supplies and Requisitions. Ok not too hard, simple hack into TSA... Maybe the Phenix Mesa-Gateway Airport. Small and out of the way probably how Julie likes it... Ok probably do the hack here. Trent lies down on a small bench in the hall way with his legs dangling off the edge and his phone on his chest. Going in... and indeed the former cyber security threat anylayisist’s conciousness going into the digital world as he does the hack.
Hack 10, Documents 8
Hacking +4 from interface, +2 hacking: [dice:3sg8r1g1]48661:0[/dice:3sg8r1g1] wild [dice:3sg8r1g1]48661:1[/dice:3sg8r1g1]
Tradecraft for the fake documents: [dice:3sg8r1g1]48661:2[/dice:3sg8r1g1] ace [dice:3sg8r1g1]48661:4[/dice:3sg8r1g1]wild [dice:3sg8r1g1]48661:3[/dice:3sg8r1g1] ace [dice:3sg8r1g1]48661:5[/dice:3sg8r1g1]
Moments later members of the team receive a txt messege with the following:

Phenix Mesa-Gateway Airport
6033 S Sossaman Rd Mesa, AZ 85212
Privately each member receives an e-mail with their plane ticket under the follow Alias
@Simon CROSS Harris Alias= Chuck Norris
@Keiko Alias= Molly O’brian
@Azrael Alias= Bruce Wayne
@Julie Alias= Ripley Scott
@Marcus Alias= Austin Powers
@Trent Alias= Josiah Bartlett
@Kelly Alias= Willow Rosenberg
@Blitz Alias= Will Smith
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Cross knows that decommissioned rotor wings are available and contacts Henry and his recommended co-pilot.

@Stoic "Henry, Cross here. Who is your recommended co-pilot for this op and how soon can you have at our current location?"

When he gets acknowledgement from Henry on the ETA of the co-pilot, he hangs up the call.

Walking over to @Trent he squats down on the floor, "A lot of things close up are hard for me to see. Distance works best for me. Thanks for tinkering with the iSPEAR." Cross waggles the martphone.

"Since we are here now, I need your help pulling down some locations to either rent or buy a Chinook helicopter local. I need three or four I can scope out in the next four hours."

Walking back to @Julie, "Jewels, talk to @Keiko about creating an illussion of me for the airport and flight."

Pointing over to the lockers and dressing room, "My gear is always and already packed. I have a survival kit among a few other items."

"I need to 'GET TO OUR CHAWPUR' and schedule flight plans at least with Henry. I would recommend acquiring transportation from Supply and meet me at these cordinates."
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Keiko checked her phone and sighed dramatically. "Molly O'Brian? Really?"

And then there was someone else standing where she'd been. A slightly taller blonde girl in pigtails with a smattering of freckles and bright blue eyes and a slightly vacuous look in her eyes, wearing a tied-off red and white checkerboard top that barely held in her buxomness and a short pair of 'daisy duke' cutoff jeans shorts.

In a thick Southern drawl she said, "Uhh...what do y'all think of this? Am ah Molly enough?" She scowled. "Actually, it's more Irish isn't it? Uh..."

An eyeblink, and the farmer's daughter was replaced by a pale-skinned redhead with firey green eyes, wearing a green T-shirt and a leather bombadier's jacket and blue jeans. "TOP O' THE MORNIN TAE YEH!" she bellowed, then laughed. "Ah man, I always get Scottish and Irish confused. I'll practice, don't worry."

Then Cross padded up behind Julie and said in a low voice, "Jewels, don't do anything he says," nodding at the other Cross. "I'm pretty sure he's a double agent."

Of course, anyone with the senses could tell which Cross was solid, and which was just a patch of air manipulated to emit light in the right patterns. It was still fun though.
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Simon CROSS Harris wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:05 am Walking over to @Trent he squats down on the floor, "A lot of things close up are hard for me to see. Distance works best for me. Thanks for tinkering with the iSPEAR." Cross waggles the martphone.

"Since we are here now, I need your help pulling down some locations to either rent or buy a Chinook helicopter local. I need three or four I can scope out in the next four hours."

Walking back to @Julie, "Jewels, talk to @Keiko about creating an illussion of me for the airport and flight."
"There's always something else, right?" Julie says, but her heart's not in it. She knows, heck they all know, it's idiocy to assemble a team of specialists and then not listen to them. "@Trent, can you get us a chopper on short notice? SPEAR might have an asset in the area, so check our supplies first."

"@Keiko, would you have any trouble maintaining an illusion like the one Cross is asking for?"
Keiko wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:32 am Keiko checked her phone and sighed dramatically. "Molly O'Brian? Really?"

And then there was someone else standing where she'd been. A slightly taller blonde girl in pigtails with a smattering of freckles and bright blue eyes and a slightly vacuous look in her eyes, wearing a tied-off red and white checkerboard top that barely held in her buxomness and a short pair of 'daisy duke' cutoff jeans shorts.

In a thick Southern drawl she said, "Uhh...what do y'all think of this? Am ah Molly enough?" She scowled. "Actually, it's more Irish isn't it? Uh..."

An eyeblink, and the farmer's daughter was replaced by a pale-skinned redhead with firey green eyes, wearing a green T-shirt and a leather bombadier's jacket and blue jeans. "TOP O' THE MORNIN TAE YEH!" she bellowed, then laughed. "Ah man, I always get Scottish and Irish confused. I'll practice, don't worry."

Then Cross padded up behind Julie and said in a low voice, "Jewels, don't do anything he says," nodding at the other Cross. "I'm pretty sure he's a double agent."

Of course, anyone with the senses could tell which Cross was solid, and which was just a patch of air manipulated to emit light in the right patterns. It was still fun though.
"Guess not."
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"Triple agent," yet another Cross grunted as he lowered the newspaper he'd been reading. Had he always been in the corner over there? "It's like a twist by that Shamma guy. Boom, no one saw the triple agent coming. Mind...blown."

The second one nodded at Keiko. "Don't worry, Jewels. We'll keep this pup in her place."

The Irish Keiko flipped the offending Cross off.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Tradecraft 10
Tradecraft: [dice:2401tqod]48672:0[/dice:2401tqod] Ace: [dice:2401tqod]48672:2[/dice:2401tqod]
Wild: [dice:2401tqod]48672:1[/dice:2401tqod]
"Well I am more than ready to go. do we have any more intel on the facility? Perhaps someone can drum up some schematics. It will make getting into the place that much easier."
Trent

Post by Trent »

When Trent went in for a hack he went deep. His consciousness became a series of 1s and 0s. He saw programs as building blocks and user IDs as little avatars. Most folks who had been around enough knew Trent was pretty much obviously unaware of the outside world while he did his work and had developed the tried and true method of leaving him a text so he could see the request in the digital world.

@Simon CROSS Harris wants a chopper? For that hero, you bet. He probably doesn’t even remember Bolivia but he took out four ARES goons that had me by the nuts. That man is a flipping hero, and if he wants a few chopper locations I’ll do it.. Trent sends @Simon CROSS Harris a messege back.
OOC Comments
Hacking [dice:2r9guatk]48673:0[/dice:2r9guatk] ace [dice:2r9guatk]48673:2[/dice:2r9guatk]wild [dice:2r9guatk]48673:1[/dice:2r9guatk]
@Julie needs me to hack SPEAR and steal a helicopter. She heard Marshall. No go on hacking SPEARnet if I want to be an agent. And for my families sake I got to remain one. Trent manifests a digital pigeon and puts a message in its claw. Sorry Jewels Marshall said no hacking spear. And i need this job. Try @Azrael folks in S&R always feel sorry for the blind guy. Or we can use the one Marshall already allocated to our team. :shock:

Messege to Trent and Julie
Two Choppers:
  • Alais: Chuck Norris. Llydon Areo Center, 757 Terminal Rd, Liberal Kansas.
  • Marshall also has a chopper waiting for us at the Kansas Air Center, 3600 NE Sardou Ave. Topeka KS.
  • Only ask me to hack SPEAR if it is life or death Marshall is watching me.
Skills:
Notice d4
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Julie slaps her own forehead. "Duh. We use the chopper SPEAR has ready for us on the ground."

To Trent, she says, "I didn't mean for you to hack SPEAR to steal a chopper, man. I meant for you to check the inventory via legitimate means and see if there was one available for us to use. Trust me, if it comes to ordering you to hack our own people, I'll be a lot more explicit than that!"

"Okay, we can ignore all that about needing to find a chopper, but glad to see everyone is awake and responsive. Finish up your loadout and let's go catch a plane. Dismissed."
Trent

Post by Trent »

Fortunately Trent was still in the machine so to speak and missed @Julie’s come to jesus moment. Feels good to be a team... Where did all those Cross’ come from? Nice @Keiko, you’ll make a fine Molly O’brien, and super useful for infiltration.

Trent joins @Simon CROSS Harris and grabs his gear then follows him to the chopper. Trent can’t help but smile at the possibility of getting out of Kansas.
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Well a Chinook is big and could get the job done. But Henry already cancelled that option.

While he is venting, a thought comes to mind.
Childhood Flashback wrote: Joseph White Sock stood at the stream while the other boys were catching fish from the river's well stocked reserves. The spring had brought great abundance to their tribe's section of the reservation. Joseph's line was slack and lay upon the water.

An elder approached and Joseph heard him. Father Silver Eagle. Joseph could tell by the way he walked.

"Joseph White Sock, having any luck?"

The young man shakes his head.

"Pull your line in."

When the line is brought in there is no hook, sinker, bobber, or bait.

"Joseph, you may be practicing positive thinking and envisioning your goal of a fish on the line, however we need more preparation."

Father shows Joseph how to collect bait of worms, crickets, and grasshoppers. They work together on finding a piece of wood for the float and the right size pebble for the sinker. The hook takes a bit of work and Joseph is mistified as to why Father would be carrying around a paper clip but it closes the last of the prep steps.
Think positive. Focus on your objective. Envision your goal.

A Huey. Fully fueled and ready for lift off.

Cross had stopped in the middle of the conference room and it was as if the air had gone still and everything was waiting for Cross to breathe.
Last edited by Simon CROSS Harris on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Julie wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 am To @Marcus she asks, ”if our chopper takes a hit on approach, can you use your abilities to help keep us in the sky?”
Hearing Julie asking "Yeah that easy."

Then when Cross changes the plan to using a Chinook Marcus amends his conversation. "Well no, not easy. Err, i mean I can carry us, but not that kind of chopper, if it goes south I can take a door off and we can ride it safely."

Trent wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:23 am Moments later members of the team receive a txt messege with the following:

Phenix Mesa-Gateway Airport
6033 S Sossaman Rd Mesa, AZ 85212
Privately each member receives an e-mail with their plane ticket under the follow Alias
@Simon CROSS Harris Alias= Chuck Norris
@Keiko Alias= Molly O’brian
@Azrael Alias= Bruce Wayne
@Julie Alias= Ripley Scott
@Marcus Alias= Austin Powers
@Trent Alias= Josiah Bartlett
@Kelly Alias= Willow Rosenberg
@Blitz Alias= Will Smith
Marcus thinks to himself, how did he get Austin powers? Are they making fun of him for the way he talks and how Austin is so smooth, or is it only a little joke about being a man of mystery. He never really got the in jokes, of course that was part of the reason these things went over his head and he always had to over explain things.
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Blitz walks into the surprisingly lively briefing room. Well, he assumes its lively. He imagined it a solemn military-esque affair. No nonsense and all business.

"Sorry I'm late ladies and gents. Last-minute medical checkup and all. I'm Locked and loaded and ready to roll! I'm not sure if any of you know me. I'm Blitz. I seem to prefer in-their-face tactics, but I'm pretty good providing covering fire, too," he says.

Looking at the screen, Blitz says, "Damn. Looks like we're touching down in snowmageddon, huh?"
Blitz
Clyde Hanes, Psychokinetic Shock Trooper
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 8(2) Toughness: 9/12(4)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • CQB: May use SMGs, ARs and Shotguns in close combat.
  • Dodge -2 to all ranged attacks unless caught unaware. Does not stack with cover.
  • Improved TMW (Gus): +2 to Shooting and Parry when wielding Gus.
  • Kinetic Denial (SPC2 Improved Jinx): WCs and extras crit fail against Blitz on any roll of 1 or 2 on the skill die. (Limitation: Must be able to be caused by Kinetic Force.)
  • Shock and Awe: +3 Toughness when SnA is active. (SnA switchable with Telekinesis)
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Research 9
Research [dice:1uxe7r0p]48770:0[/dice:1uxe7r0p]
Wild [dice:1uxe7r0p]48770:1[/dice:1uxe7r0p]
Ace! [dice:1uxe7r0p]48770:2[/dice:1uxe7r0p]
Kelly eyes the new comer as he enters the room, pulling her notepad back out.
Blitz wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm
"Sorry I'm late ladies and gents. Last-minute medical checkup and all. I'm Locked and loaded and ready to roll! I'm not sure if any of you know me. I'm Blitz. I seem to prefer in-their-face tactics, but I'm pretty good providing covering fire, too," he says.
Kelly jots down a note in her notebook, which she hasnt been making any special efforts to keep away from any prying eyes.

Blitz: Seems eager for a fight. Possibly feels the need to compensate for something....

Then, the briefing mostly wrapped up, Kelly pulls out her iSPEAR and connects to some of the databases and notes she'd cobbled together from tidbits she'd heard or the few connections she'd made so far.
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"Hi, I'm Cross," one of the Crosses says, nodding at Blitz. Another one gives him a jaunty salute. "Also Cross," he says lightly.

The first one points at the third Cross. "Double agent."

The second one chimed in, "Triple."

Now the petite Japanese woman waved at Blitz. "I'm Keiko. Hi."
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The group eventually makes it to the airport, getting on the private plane while their digital selves are shunted about the country on a series of unconnected commercial flights. They arrive at another private runway after three hours or so and are whisked away to the cars that Marshall had reserved for them. The driver of each car gives their respective passengers a knowing nod and the group is taken out of town to yet another airport.
3l-Image-AW189.JPG

They are taken to a large hanger that contains an AgustaWestland AW189 Helicopter, painted matte black. Another pilot is there, an eager petite young woman named Caroline. She greets the group and then takes Cross to help her run over their inspection. Cross discovers that not only does the helicopter have special paint and design intended to provide a bit of stealth, with top-notch communications systems. The groups' gear is loaded by the two drivers, and at one point they use a hi-lo to load a large wooden box onboard. Sentinel's metal, no doubt. Once Cross and Caroline are satisfied the group loads up and see that Marshall has sent them an encrypted message on their respective communication devices. It reads as follows:

Mission Directive: Secure the facility and neutralize any threats.
OOC Comments
This is generally understood to mean any enemy psychics, actively aggressive enemies.
Timeframe: 12 Hours, starting when the group arrives at the facility. Caroline will wait for the group to return.

Map:

This is the most recent satellite picture before the storm occurred. It is currently impossible to get a look at the facility. Geological records show that a system of caves once existed on this very spot, so it's highly likely that some of the facility is underground.
TitanEffectCompoundMap.jpg
This is the entirety of his message. As a group composed mostly of veteran agents and bright young newbies, Marshall entrusts that you will be able to figure it out on your own from here.
Tradecraft Results
On the helicopter, the group did a bit of brainstorming and using their combined knowledge and experience, have figured out the following.

The facility more than likely belongs to the Olympians. There were some rumors found in the seediest of places that some of the group members recall from memos written on flash paper, and other dubious sources of intel. They remember something about the Olympians securing land in Arizona, for purposes unknown. As far as the weather control device, this isn't really something that sounds like it would be up their alley. The psychic mumbling the numbers is revealed to be a Darren Wicelovich, a former KGB spy that disappeared years ago. A few calls and some discrete hacking tell the group that he, in fact, joined the Directorate years ago, but no one quite knows what he was doing with the location.
The group takes off into the hot Arizona sky. The helicopter has a screen monitoring weather systems, and anyone can plainly see that they are approaching a big storm. As you get closer, you're suddenly in a blizzard, big puffs of white snow tumbling down, causing the rotors to make a strange sound.
Julie
Julie suddenly has a quick flash, a helicopter in a death spiral, smashing into pristine white snow
Caroline is clearly beyond her expertise, and in her calm cool pilot's voice, she asks Cross to take the controls. The violence with which the controls are being yanked about causes Cross some alarm.
Cross
This storm is worse than he thought it would be. Cross thinks they should put the helicopter down now, even though it's about 10 miles from the facility. His visibility is completely shot, even the sensitive onboard instruments seem to be having some trouble. If Cross wants to land the helicopter now, he can do so at a -2. If he chooses to forge ahead, it is a Dramatic Task, at a -4 with 5 successes required in 5 rounds. A critical failure will cause the helicopter to smash into the ground.
Everyone
The helicopter is violently shaking at this point. That combined with the lack of a point of reference gives everyone involved a severe case of air sickness. Everyone give me a vigor roll, or take 1 level of exhaustion. Those with awareness can take this at a +2 as they can at least find a point of reference to orientate themselves with.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

OOC Comments
Resist the Storm
Vigor [dice:7fyvw8oh]48871:0[/dice:7fyvw8oh]
Wild [dice:7fyvw8oh]48871:1[/dice:7fyvw8oh]

Support Roll
Spirit [dice:7fyvw8oh]48871:2[/dice:7fyvw8oh]
Wild [dice:7fyvw8oh]48871:3[/dice:7fyvw8oh] Ace [dice:7fyvw8oh]48871:4[/dice:7fyvw8oh]
Marcus does his best to help stabilize the helicopter from the jerks and twists t is experiencing. "I can, to well, okay I mean I will try and hold it steady, make it easier for you to drive, err I mean well pilot the chopper."
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Vigor 5
Vigor [dice:2ucdfkdi]48887:0[/dice:2ucdfkdi] (includes +2 for Awareness)
Wild [dice:2ucdfkdi]48887:1[/dice:2ucdfkdi]
As the helo jerks about, Julie resists the urge to close her eyes. That will only make it worse, she reminds herself, looking out the window methodically for something, anything, as a point of reference in the storm. Her eyes are drawn to something, brush, maybe, sticking out of the snow, and she orients herself. At least I know which way is down.

Just then, an image flashes in her mind's eye, as vivid and real as the world around her, and she can see a chopper, their chopper, going down hard in this storm. It only lasts a moment or two, but that's all she needs.

"Cross, we gotta put this thing down, now, or we're going to get knocked out of the sky! I've seen it. @Marcus, keep it up and help keep her steady. Everyone else, brace for impact!"

@Simon CROSS Harris
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Vigor 4
Vigor [dice:19jdbsuf]48893:0[/dice:19jdbsuf]
Wild [dice:19jdbsuf]48893:1[/dice:19jdbsuf]
Kelly's hair, not pulled back, dances wildly in the gusts from the chopper as she struggles to get in with all her gear. It's clear that she's never ridden in a helicopter as she works out how to get her harness on. When the chopper lurches into the air, she reaches out and grabs the overhead bar on holds on with a death grip until they are a good 15 minutes into the trip.

"SO, I GET.." Kelly shouts into the microphone of her headset, instinctively trying to speak over the whirling sound of the chopper blades. Her own ears ringing and the pain clear on the faces of the rest of the SPEAR, Kelly's cheeks flush a light red.

"Sorry, she says, in a regular speaking voice, "So I get the goal of the mission... operation...whatever. 'Secure the facility and neutralize any threats' but how are we going to do that? I mean, I'm new to all this, so whatever you think I'll go with, but waltzing into a facility we know nothing about and just trying to force our way in sounds like a good way to get shot. Might not be a problem for some of us, but I'm certainly not bulletproof." She says this looking mainly at Julie, the ranking officer. If no one has any immediate suggestions she offers "If we can find an isolated patrol and subdue them, I can probably get some info on the layout of the facility from him. Maybe bring him along in case there is biometric locks on the doors? They had those installed at the hospital I worked at to prevent unauthorized access to controlled substances. Apparently they're a real pain to get through if you aren't authorized."

When the helicopter start shaking Kelly grabs the overhead bar once again, knuckles turning bone white as she holds on for dear life. Luckily motion sickness had never been an issue for her.
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"Ugh, yeah," agrees Keiko. "But the best way to get into ANYWHERE is the way no one expects you to. Once we get there, we'll need to get a good look around, see what we're dealing with."

For a second her stomach heaves, but she manages to get it under control

"If we have to bail out, what do you think the odds are we'll get chopped up in the blades? Asking for a friend."

Veegor 6, 1 benny spent
[dice:30lycue4]48895:0[/dice:30lycue4] or [dice:30lycue4]48895:1[/dice:30lycue4]
Benny [dice:30lycue4]48895:2[/dice:30lycue4] or [dice:30lycue4]48895:3[/dice:30lycue4] Technically an Ace, but unless there's goodies for a raise, I shan't bother rerolling.
Simon CROSS Harris

@Stoic
Well before they entered the Blizzard, Cross had identified the oncoming weather system. Eyes of the Eagle

He had asked Caroline earlier if he could take the controls, and she had assured him that she could handle the oncoming issues. So Cross had kept his hands on the throttles and continued to watch the Blizzard come closer. Fox's Cunning

When Caroline asked for Cross to take control of the situation, Cross did so with ease while Caroline went about gathering herselg together again.

Making sure that his onboard comms are directly to Caroline only, Cross does what any seasoned pilot does and goes into training mode.

Pilot to Pilot Comms _
"Caroline. You with me?"

When he gets the flustered breathing response in his headset, Cross continues.

"CAroline, focus on the minor details of the storm. Wind Speed. Blowing Direction. Altimeter."

Reaching over on the control panel, Cross switches lighting in the cockpit to red and dims the light in the crew cabin.

He waits for Caroline's breathing to even out before he carries on with any further instructions.
Simon CROSS Harris

After assuring that Caroline isn't going to panic, he gives her back control of the chopper, "Begin a very slow decent following these coordinates."

Flipping on the comms to the crew cabin, "Julie we will definetly be setting this bird down soon. Last check before the blizzard set on us we were 10 miles out."

"Trent. I need your machine mind meld. I need as much power as possible flowing to the air intakes and the rotors. Give me a flash across my panel instruments when you are ready."

"Sentinel, you may need to break open that box of metal. I need some short wings three feet out from and below the crew doors. I will be able to tell once you have them in place."

"Everyone make sure you are strapped into those harnesses attached to your seats. It will help me keep the load balanced. Thanks"

With instructions given to the appropriate team members, Cross flips comms back over to internal with Caroline.

Cockpit Comms _
"Caroline. We are not going to fight the crosswinds."

"Your training may have included some time in autorotation."

Caroline nods. "Yeah."

"Good. We are going to go autorotation in a bit and you need to keep the nose down and heading for those coordinates."

Cross reaches over with one hand and taps the Heading Indicator.

"You understand? Any questions?"
  • Piloting (Support) [dice:36ukd6vt]48900:0[/dice:36ukd6vt]
  • Wild [dice:36ukd6vt]48900:1[/dice:36ukd6vt]
Last edited by Simon CROSS Harris on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Simon CROSS Harris wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:05 pm Flipping on the comms to the crew cabin, "Julie we will definetly be setting this bird down soon. Last check before the blizzard set on us we were 10 miles out."
Not that @Simon CROSS Harris can see her from where he sits in the pilot's seat, but Julie shakes her head emphatically.

"Negative, Cross! We've got to set down NOW! This is my power-set, Cross. This is what I bring to the table. I see the future, and our future in the air isn't a pretty one. Now put this bird on the ground, or something else is going to!"
Simon CROSS Harris

Flipping comms back into the crew cabin, "You all heard the team captain, BUCKLE UP!"

Then the comms from the cabin to the cockpit are cut off and Cross settles himself. Extending his senses, Cross holds the throttles and the flight stick and prepares to land the helicopter.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Vigor 4
+2 Awareness
Vigor: [dice:26q0bcgw]48946:0[/dice:26q0bcgw]
Wild: [dice:26q0bcgw]48946:1[/dice:26q0bcgw]
Feeling the changes around him as they approach the storm Azrael quietly braces himself in his seat. As the Helo begins to shake and lose control his senses allow him to orient himself. "Julie has the right of it Cross, many who failed to heed her warnings when she was a younger cadet did not fair so well. Many of them not returning. I also like Kelly's idea of subduing them to help bypass some security protocols. It should be easy enough with the cover of the storm." Listening closely to his surroundings Azrael preps for the eventual landing.
Trent

Post by Trent »

Operation Broken Arrow, Death of the Team Captain Smigdt
Years ago...
The biting wind swept through the bay of a dark black chinook helicopter. Red warning lights indicating the cargo doors were open blinked on and off in a slow steady motion. Trent was still in the cargo bay holding onto a blond haired agenet with one arm who had lost her footing. All that kept her from falling to bleak cold winter filled earth below was Trent’s grasp on her hand.

She yelled up at trent over the howling wind, ” Don’t let go Cnail!”

Sorry Smigdt, I have too. His grip started to slip,

She clawed at his hand trying to hang on crying out, ” Trent! You’re letting go! God Dammit what is wrong with you?”

Trent tried to sheild his eyes from the stinging wind and yelled back, ”Sorry Smigdt, he has my family!”

The fear in Smigdt’s eyes was evident as she realized Trent was going to cast her to an icy death. ” You crazy Fucker! You’re an analysis! Don- Don’t let go we can help you!”

Trent shook his head. No... No... you can’t” He let go.

Credit to Smigdt as her last thoughts were not about vengence on Trent, or even her six year old son. Her last thoughts before she impacted a grusome death on a glacier was one of concern for the rest of her team.
I should not have had those deviled eggs! The familiar scent of rotten eggs spews through the cabin as Trent looses his lunch all over the place. The cyber specialist’s face is the look of horror and not for what he just threw up but for some burried memory he was ashamed of. The nice thing was he made sure to spray the hot remenats of eggs soaked in stomach bile away from his hero Cross. Wiping his mouth he tells @Azrael, ” Frack, sorry about that Az... Ughhh...”

Unable to steady himself he did the only thing he could do and reached out with his electormagnetic glide power to stop the rocking! But even that seems too far out of reach for an agent who has done things in the snow he is not proud of. He yells at @Simon CROSS Harris ” Cross! I can’t connect to anything! Get us down!”
OOC Comments
Spirit [dice:2g66it7o]48947:2[/dice:2g66it7o] wild [dice:2g66it7o]48947:3[/dice:2g66it7o]
Vigor roll [dice:2g66it7o]48947:0[/dice:2g66it7o] wild [dice:2g66it7o]48947:1[/dice:2g66it7o]
Character notes:
Bennies: 3
Fatigued: -1 to trait rolls.
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

I Got This, Piloting 9, success, raise _
  • Piloting [dice:17lh1g4b]48970:0[/dice:17lh1g4b]
  • Aced! Piloting [dice:17lh1g4b]48970:2[/dice:17lh1g4b]
  • Wild [dice:17lh1g4b]48970:1[/dice:17lh1g4b]
With near silence in the cockpit, Cross takes control of the situation.

The reason the chopper is getting buffeted so much is because they had been trying to maintain altitude in a storm that had strong down drafts. Cross cut power to the engines and electronically sealed the intake valves at the same time. He then cut power to the rotors and dipped the nose of the chopper down 2 degress. The weight of the chopper should pull them down without any further buffeting or turbulence.

Now they would be gliding with the down drafts providing thrust. Lining up his compass and keeping the angle just right, Cross began feeling for the changes in terrain in front of and below them.
Last edited by Simon CROSS Harris on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Looking at the others Marcus asks. "This storm isn't natural eh? Well I mean it could be natural, but I am saying I think it is not. You know like a psychic is making it or something."

"What do you guys think, maybe look out for a air manipulator?"
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"I'd settle for looking out for a safe landing place right now!" Keiko blurted, holding on tight as the helicopter suddenly lurched and started to descend.

No, that was too gentle a word. Started to plummet.
Trent

Post by Trent »

Trent’s eyes roll into the back of his head as he slams into the window of the plane. Kit gloves eh Cross?
Nothing was more thrilling than being faired through a blizzard by the man you call hero. Trent calls out to @Simon CROSS Harris fighting through the burning sensation leftover from the eggs regurgitating, ”Keep going Cross! You’ve been through worse... I... Oh god why eggs?” Trent throws up some more. He mumbles to @Keiko ” Sorry kiddo.”
Skills:
Notice d4
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The helicopter suddenly drops 50 feet or so, and just as you feel your stomachs in the back of your throat, Cross somehow recovers, and smoothly guides it to the ground, with a thud so gentle that he probably didn't even break the thing. The good news is that you are all alive and well (though some covered in vomit). The bad news is that you're still a good ten or so miles away from the compound. Not being ones to rest of your laurels, the group bravely forges ahead.

Surviving the Harsh Conditions
Everyone please give me another Vigor roll. If you are wearing the cold weather gear you were provided, this is just a straight up roll. If you neglected to do so, this is at a -2. If someone makes a successful survival roll, everyone can make their vigor roll at a +1, +2 on a raise. The walk to the compound takes 3 hours.
The whipping winds and heavy snow abruptly stop about 200 yards from the compound. The cold does not. Now that you can finally see, you notice a 10-foot tall chain link fence with razor wire atop it. You easily pick out a pair of guard booths, each of which is right next to a gate. You cautiously approach the fence and see that it is slightly ajar. Once you approach, you see that there is a guard in the booth, covered in a thick layer of frost, frozen dead. There is a monitor which shows static and a computer terminal, The other guard has a similar situation.
Notice Roll
Please give me a notice roll. Please let me know as well if you are bothering to be stealthy, or just looking as quickly as you can. Please
Additionally, each guard has an HK 447 Rifle and a Glock 9mm sidearm.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Trent

Post by Trent »

Character notes:
Bennies: 3
Fatigued: -1 to trait rolls.
Vigor 10
Vigor vs the Snow with cold weather gear cause it was free! [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:0[/dice:2ukuvwtf] Ace [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:2[/dice:2ukuvwtf] Wild [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:1[/dice:2ukuvwtf]
Just like last time...

Trent was at one with the dipping temperature and after getting the 24 deviled eggs drenched in tabasco sauce out of his system he was all the better. He grabbed a small metal plate from the plane and strapped it to his kit. Looked at @Simon CROSS Harris and gave his a thumbs up, ” Any landing we can walk away from is a good one right Cross?” He grinned in the blistering cold situated his large array of equipment and went with the group towards the complex. The ten mile hike remeinded him like the training excersises he used to be thrust into back in the day. Marshall used to love sending trent humping one piece of equipment from here to there in the snow, although usually Trent was doing the flying.

Once at the compound when the wind died down Trent tossed on his camo cloak and pulled out his drone expecting @Julie to ask him to scout the place.
Woa... Ask? Julie strikes me as the kind of gal that will order you without so much a please or thank you and then kick you in your balls for your trouble. Trent grimaced slightly not fond of his balls being kicked, and he hunkers down barely noticing the cold letting his cammo cloak do its thing in matching the background snow turning him into just another snow drift.

He comms @Keiko and softly whispers, ” Stay down Special K, dead gaurds. Eyes open.”
Notice 4, Stealth 11 +4 visual, invisible to infrared
Notice with awareness that picks up electrical and bio electrical impulses: [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:3[/dice:2ukuvwtf] Wild [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:4[/dice:2ukuvwtf]

Stealth with his cammo suit on: +4 stealth vs visual, invisible to infrared: [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:5[/dice:2ukuvwtf] Ace [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:7[/dice:2ukuvwtf] Ace [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:8[/dice:2ukuvwtf]Wild [dice:2ukuvwtf]49114:6[/dice:2ukuvwtf]
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Cross allows the weight of the chopper pull them through the blizzard of snow and wind. With the props in autorotation, Caroline and Cross just have to steer it close the ground. Fifty feet before the ground, Cross pulls the covers from the intakes and powers the rotars and the helicopter comes out of the dive with a sudden upward thrust that puts it back int he air maybe 75 feet above ground.

With some careful work between Cross and Caroline, the helicoptor touches down with nothing more than a gentle bump.

Cross climbs out of the helicoptor and proceeds to fold in the blades of the rotor. He climbs the helicoptor and sheathes the collapsed blades, the intakes, and the radios and communications array, to keep them from suffering in the frigid weather. He then gets the rest of his gear together and make sure that Caroline will be well off unless she is following the team in.

Survival of the Coldest, Survival 7, Success _
Survival Kit Equipped and Not Afraid to Use It
  • Survival [dice:zr8enopm]49126:0[/dice:zr8enopm]
  • Aced! Survival [dice:zr8enopm]49126:2[/dice:zr8enopm]
  • Wild [dice:zr8enopm]49126:1[/dice:zr8enopm]
Helping @Trent climb down, Cross hands him an extra canteen of water, some mentos, some wet naps for Trent to clean up and freshen up. "Always better to land than crash."

As the team disembarks Cross enters the crew section of the helicopter and retrieves a well secured gun case. Assembling the scope to his sniper rifle, Cross takes up a covered position inside the crew cabin and sights in on their destination. Scope Heightened Senses Awareness

Going the Distance for a Notice Check, Notice 5 _
  • Notice [dice:zr8enopm]49126:3[/dice:zr8enopm]
  • Wild [dice:zr8enopm]49126:4[/dice:zr8enopm]
The Rigors of Vigor, Vigor 5 _
  • Vigor [dice:zr8enopm]49126:5[/dice:zr8enopm]
  • Wild [dice:zr8enopm]49126:6[/dice:zr8enopm]
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Vigor 4, Survival 5 (+1 to the team's Vigor rolls), Notice 5, Stealth 1 (crit fail)
Vigor [dice:2w1690fv]49177:0[/dice:2w1690fv]
Wild [dice:2w1690fv]49177:1[/dice:2w1690fv]

Survival [dice:2w1690fv]49177:2[/dice:2w1690fv] (Gifted + advanced survival kit)
Wild [dice:2w1690fv]49177:3[/dice:2w1690fv]

Notice [dice:2w1690fv]49177:4[/dice:2w1690fv]
Wild [dice:2w1690fv]49177:5[/dice:2w1690fv]

Stealth [dice:2w1690fv]49177:6[/dice:2w1690fv]
Wild [dice:2w1690fv]49177:7[/dice:2w1690fv]
Trent wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 pm
Once at the compound when the wind died down Trent tossed on his camo cloak and pulled out his drone expecting @Julie to ask him to scout the place.
Woa... Ask? Julie strikes me as the kind of gal that will order you without so much a please or thank you and then kick you in your balls for your trouble. Trent grimaced slightly not fond of his balls being kicked, and he hunkers down barely noticing the cold letting his cammo cloak do its thing in matching the background snow turning him into just another snow drift.
Julie nods as Trent gets his drone out, unbidden. "Nice. Tell me what you can see.

She slings her survival pack off of her back, shifting around in the cold-weather parka she had slipped over her battle suit, and broke out some hand warmers. Tossing them to each team member, she said, "Slip these into your gloves on the backs of your hands. They're mild enough that they wont burn, but they'll keep your hands warm without blocking your trigger fingers."

Once she gets the lay of the land, she gets the team into position to approach.

"Let's try to be quick and quiet, though both of those are damned hard in this mess. Remember, people, battle buddies. I want everyone watching someone else's back out here."
About that Stealth Crit Fail
Mike, how would you like to handle this? I'm happy to think up something suitably bad for Julie, or I'm happy to roll with whatever you come up with.

Once they reach the compound and they check the guards, she orders everyone to keep their spacing. "Okay, let's press forward before we end up frozen ourselves. Remember, keep yourselves at least three yards apart, and if we make contact, I want you moving as a unit and covering each other's backs. No lone rangers today. Anyone who can sense anything about a trap, supernatural or otherwise, or mines, speak up and take point. Anyone see anything out of the ordinary, now is the time."
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

As the chopper is secured Marcus reaches in and pulls out the giant mass of steal stored in the crates in back of the helo. It is obvious he is not lifting them with his muscles the twenty five hundred pounds of steel far to much to be supported by his tiny body. When the crates open and the metals inside liquefy forming a dome around himself and the others.

"I can protect us from the weather. But I mean I can see, but I do not know if you can see. Can any of you see through metal?" Then adjusting it so only those who want to be inside the dome are Marcus secures them versus the weather. He hated talking all the time, the way people looked when he said the wrong thing or could not get the right thing out, but this time it would be fine.

OOC Comments
Vigor d6, Aid from Survival +1, Suit ignores -2
Vigor [dice:17a592er]49184:0[/dice:17a592er] Ace [dice:17a592er]49184:2[/dice:17a592er]
Wild [dice:17a592er]49184:1[/dice:17a592er]
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

It's cold. Keiko had known it would be cold, but it was COLD. Even through the thermal layers of Gore-Tex or whatever they lined her suit with, she could feel her fingers and toes starting to go numb. Visibility was garbage, even for her, thanks to the driving snow. She'd had the SPEAR armory guys put her trademark white 'kitsune' noh mask onto the helmet of her suit and now she was a little afraid it'd get brittle and crack from this.

Fortunately Cross was setting a good example for keeping the worst effects of the temperature off, and following his lead meant she was able to keep her hands and feet in working order. Barely!

Normally a black suit of armor would stick out against the white snow, but color was a state of mind for Kitsune. It took barely any effort at all to revise the color of the light reflecting off of her to a nice blue-white that blended in perfectly with the environment. There was less she could do about her footprints of course, but it was far better than nothing.

Rolls: Vigor 4, Notice 5, Stealth 7
Vigor [dice:3ewhcwnq]49195:0[/dice:3ewhcwnq] or [dice:3ewhcwnq]49195:1[/dice:3ewhcwnq] Ah, +1 from the survival roll, so that actually makes it. Whew!
Notice [dice:3ewhcwnq]49195:2[/dice:3ewhcwnq] or [dice:3ewhcwnq]49195:3[/dice:3ewhcwnq]
Stealth [dice:3ewhcwnq]49195:4[/dice:3ewhcwnq] or [dice:3ewhcwnq]49195:5[/dice:3ewhcwnq]
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

OOC Comments
Vigor [dice:715twmb7]49300:0[/dice:715twmb7]
Wild [dice:715twmb7]49300:1[/dice:715twmb7]

Notice [dice:715twmb7]49300:2[/dice:715twmb7]
Wild [dice:715twmb7]49300:3[/dice:715twmb7]

Stealth [dice:715twmb7]49300:4[/dice:715twmb7] (+2 from stealth suit)
Wild [dice:715twmb7]49300:5[/dice:715twmb7]
Kelly's heart feels like it is trying to break free from her chest as she spends a minute recovering from the practical free fall the somehow turned into something resembling a landing. Luckily she's never been one to scream when terrified. Instead she freezes up. Hopefully that means her terror was at least a little less obvious.

When the battle buddy's are mention, Kelly immediately seeks out Blitz. She had heard about his memory condition and was hoping to have some time to study it, hoping to get some practice in using her abilities.

"it's Blitz right?" she says walking along side the operative. "I hear you have trouble you have an acute case of amnesia, is that right?"

She passes the time asking blitz a variety of questions, trying to get a feel for his condition, it's cause and extent. The cold bothers her a bit at first, but Julie's hand warmers help.

"Always prepared, eh Julie?" she says stuffing the warmers into her gloves.

When they come up on on the compound, Kelly stops pestering blitz and tries to approach the compound without being noticed, though she struggles to muffle the sound of old snow crunching beneath her feet. At one point, she she a small tree to block the view of her approach of he compound. Just as she steps underneath it, she hears a loud SNAP, and a branch laden with snow breaks directly over head, dumping pounds of condensed snow directly on Kelly.

Whooooo! she shrieks, completely forgetting the situation as she dances around in response to the icy slush that makes its way into every opening in her clothing. By the time she gets herself under control, her under clothes are completely soak and the bitter cold penetrates right through them
OOC Comments
if it's ok, as penalty for the criteria fail, Kelly's winter gear benefit could be completely nullified by being soaked through.
Kelly's already fair complexion pales when they find the dead bodies. Feeling a little exposed without a gun, even though she knows she's got a built in weapon she could use, Kelly picks up the HK 447. She also opens her mind, a truck she had learned during training. It still required her to focus, but if she did she could sense the intents of someone trying to do her harm.
OOC Comments
This is Kelly activating her bonuses to deflect and parry
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Azrael

Post by Azrael »

OOC Comments
Vigor: [dice:cn0on5vs]49403:0[/dice:cn0on5vs]
Wild: [dice:cn0on5vs]49403:1[/dice:cn0on5vs]

Notice: [dice:cn0on5vs]49403:2[/dice:cn0on5vs]
Wild: [dice:cn0on5vs]49403:3[/dice:cn0on5vs]

Stealth: [dice:cn0on5vs]49403:4[/dice:cn0on5vs]
Wild: [dice:cn0on5vs]49403:5[/dice:cn0on5vs]
Once the chopper lands Azrael quickly checks out his gear feeling each piece to ensure they are all in their proper place and nothing has shifted or moved. Azrael climbs out of the chopper and adjusts himself for the cold. The hike while difficult in the snow was not particularly troublesome, thanks to the cold weather gear. Azrael used Trent's heartbeat as guide following him closer to the facility. As they get closer to the facility he sneaks up keeping low to the ground and close to the building.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Any hope for stealth is gone as both Julie and Kelly are far too loud.
Trent's drone takes off, gliding easily through the eerie eye of the storm you all find yourself in. The more observant of you are able to see a few different sets of footprints. A few (which look like more than one person) are heavy military style boot prints. Additionally there is light set of bare feet prints. It appears to be a small person, a petite woman or a child. The group quickly scouts out the small huts (4) that dot the compound, 2 of them appear to be sleeping quarters for the guards (a quick search reveals personaly items like portable tvs, and a couple of laptops). One is storage for a pair of four wheelers and the third contains a 20 foot wide 10 foot tall elevator. The elevator seems to be working still, but requires a key card. Luckily Kelly had the prescence of mind to take one off of one of the dead guards and when the group is ready, she slots it into the access panel and you hear a rumble as the car comes up to your level. Whoever wants to enter the elevator finds a large roomy cabin. The only thing that disrupts the smooth cold stainless steel is a dark red splat, which smells of copper. The panel indicates that there are three floors.
OOC Comments
What floor does the group want to go to? Is everyone boarding the elevator?
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The metal floating around him is enough to build a truck from flowing like a watery liquid to his will it can be a bit mesmerizing his skills with the material are incredible to see. Stripping additional material off of the four wheelers as they walk by, even the nails, and roof of the shed where not safe.

When Marcus sees the options in the elevator. Then looking at the others says. "No point in going half way." Pointing his finger at sub-basement 3.
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"Hold on," Keiko said. She ushered people back away from the elevator and went on, "Lets not do this the way that clearly ends in more blood getting on that nice flooring, eh? Lets send it down, hold the outer doors open, and get on top as it goes down. I can make it look like we're all inside, just in case there's a camera or something. Then we see what happens when we get down there. Eh? Eh?"

The kitsune noh mask attached to her helmet's faceplate seemed to animate and give a comically exaggerated wink.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

"Kid has a point, lets go down let them shoot her illusions and then pop out while they are reloading with our own brand of ass whooping" as he pats Keiko on the shoulder with an approving nod.
Trent

Post by Trent »

” Sounds good. But what do I know? I am just tech support.” Trent glances at his phane wary of a text that Nesson might send him at an inopportune time.
Skills:
Notice d4
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Julie nods, still knocking snow out of her clothes after her ordeal with Kelly.

”Good thinking, team. @Marcus, can you take the top off the elevator if need be? We’ll need to move in a hurry when the bullets start flying.”
Simon CROSS Harris

Cross follows the team in his scope and using his heightened senses from the crew seats of the helicopter. Once they reach the building and the group stops, Cross packs up the sniper rifle in its travel case and stows it in the chopper.

Once again checking on Caroline, Cross makes sure she is warm and able to manage herself. He taps the radio and then dials in the team frequency. Pausing momentarily he sets the radio to run through channel scan while not broadcasting.

"Stay warm and out of sight."

Cross exits the chopper and secures the doors to cabin and crew quarters. Checking to make sure his 38 Special is secured he heads to the guard station, secures the two Glocks with holsters and an HK 447 which he slings across his chest. Each weapon he checks and clears the chamber, secures the saftety, then reseats the round in the magazine before heading out after the others.

Stealth Check, Stealth 16 _
[*] Stealth [dice:2cqigmdj]49619:0[/dice:2cqigmdj]
[*] Wild [dice:2cqigmdj]49619:1[/dice:2cqigmdj]
[*] Aced! Wild [dice:2cqigmdj]49619:4[/dice:2cqigmdj]
[*] Super Aced! Wild [dice:2cqigmdj]49619:5[/dice:2cqigmdj]
Check the Footprints _
[*] Survival [dice:2cqigmdj]49619:2[/dice:2cqigmdj]
[*] Wild [dice:2cqigmdj]49619:3[/dice:2cqigmdj]
The footprints concern Cross, mostly because they are barefoot and the cold would cause a persons feet to crack and bleed. Unless the feet were suffering from chill blains or frostbite. Cross shook his head and hoped it was something else entirely.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Julie wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:56 pm Julie nods, still knocking snow out of her clothes after her ordeal with Kelly.

”Good thinking, team. Marcus, can you take the top off the elevator if need be? We’ll need to move in a hurry when the bullets start flying.”
Marcus listens to the plan they lay out and nods. "I,I,I, can float us all ddown the shaft on a disk made from part of my globe, with a hole for you to see your illusions, the roof will be easy"
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Kelly manages to hold in her lunch at the sight of the bloodstained, but only barely. She still turns away and steadies herself against the side of the building as the copper scent floods out of the open doors.

As the team debates the method going forward Kelly manages to regain her composure. It's a good thing there are some experts on the team. Kelly still hasn't quite wrapped her head around thinking in terms of psychic abilities. The only option she would have thought of would be to take the stairs...

"That plan sounds like it involves the least likelihood of us getting shot." Kelly says, though she looks a little concerned about having to use the term "least likelihood"
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Kelly wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:29 am "That plan sounds like it involves the least likelihood of us getting shot." Kelly says, though she looks a little concerned about having to use the term "least likelihood"
"I c,c,can try to keep us in the dome. Only @Keiko need be exposed from the sphere, and that just enough for her to s,see the illusion.

"We can b,b,be a solid 5 or 6 m,m,meters above it."
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Keiko winked and grinned her Cheshire's grin...and faded from sight entirely.

"I think I'll be fine."
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

OOC Comments
Quick Turnaround post.
Roll Notice (awareness gets you a +2) then (if successful) a tradecraft roll.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Notice [dice:22rkadp2]49748:0[/dice:22rkadp2]
Wild [dice:22rkadp2]49748:1[/dice:22rkadp2]

Tradecraft (unskilled) [dice:22rkadp2]49748:2[/dice:22rkadp2]
Wild [dice:22rkadp2]49748:3[/dice:22rkadp2]
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

GM Requested rolls: Notice 11, Trade Craft 9
Begging for a Notice Bonus
Notice [dice:2j2zsvll]49752:0[/dice:2j2zsvll]
Wild [dice:2j2zsvll]49752:1[/dice:2j2zsvll] Ace [dice:2j2zsvll]49752:2[/dice:2j2zsvll]

Trade Craft [dice:2j2zsvll]49752:3[/dice:2j2zsvll] Ace [dice:2j2zsvll]49752:5[/dice:2j2zsvll]
Wild [dice:2j2zsvll]49752:4[/dice:2j2zsvll]
Keiko wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:34 pm Keiko winked and grinned her Cheshire's grin...and faded from sight entirely.

"I think I'll be fine."
"Cool!" The drawn out word somehow come out without stuttering or tongue tying at all as Marcus appreciates the special gifts of his team mate.
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Rolls: Notice 5, Tradecraft 1
Keiko notices! [dice:30bts2k6]49753:2[/dice:30bts2k6] or [dice:30bts2k6]49753:3[/dice:30bts2k6]
Keiko is crafty in trade (but unskilled) [dice:30bts2k6]49753:0[/dice:30bts2k6] or [dice:30bts2k6]49753:1[/dice:30bts2k6]
Simon CROSS Harris

Cross arrives last to the gathering party about to descend. He makes necessary preparation for a climb down and secures the two fifty foot rapelling ropes in place. "Precautions and prep now mean less surprises later."

" @Trent you come up with anything in the digital sense? Maybe video cameras or other survellience equipment?"

Passing by Trent and back out of the elevator shaft, Cross secures one rope around his waist and the other he ties to his backpack.

"I will follow down after everyone, unless you need me to scout ahead before everyone else comes down."

Turnaround, Notice 7, Tradecraft Crit Fail _
Awareness, Power
Danger Sense
Heightened Senses

Awareness, Edge

[*] Notice [dice:319h5z9h]49754:0[/dice:319h5z9h]
[*] Wild [dice:319h5z9h]49754:1[/dice:319h5z9h]

[*] Tradecraft [dice:319h5z9h]49754:2[/dice:319h5z9h]
[*] Wild [dice:319h5z9h]49754:3[/dice:319h5z9h]

Trent

Post by Trent »

Trent looks down the shaft apperently uninterested in securing his person like Cross. At his heroe’s suggestion he looks arround both visually and on his phone to see if their was anyway to “Jack in”.

” Sure @Simon CROSS Harris I’ll check. Cameras would be wonderful. If I do find something to connect to I’ll need a place to hole up. I tend to fall asleep while doing any major hacks these days.” He laughs a bit at his own humor. Few folks truely understood the level of concentration it took to use his full interfacing abilities.

Notice with awareness [dice:2oi6ogsg]49776:0[/dice:2oi6ogsg] ace [dice:2oi6ogsg]49776:2[/dice:2oi6ogsg]wild [dice:2oi6ogsg]49776:1[/dice:2oi6ogsg]
Tradecraft [dice:2oi6ogsg]49776:3[/dice:2oi6ogsg] wild [dice:2oi6ogsg]49776:4[/dice:2oi6ogsg]
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Trent wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:31 pm Trent looks down the shaft apperently uninterested in securing his person like Cross. At his heroe’s suggestion he looks arround both visually and on his phone to see if their was anyway to “Jack in”.

” Sure @Simon CROSS Harris I’ll check. Cameras would be wonderful. If I do find something to connect to I’ll need a place to hole up. I tend to fall asleep while doing any major hacks these days.” He laughs a bit at his own humor. Few folks truely understood the level of concentration it took to use his full interfacing abilities.

Notice with awareness [dice:2lobin4o]49776:0[/dice:2lobin4o] ace [dice:2lobin4o]49776:2[/dice:2lobin4o]wild [dice:2lobin4o]49776:1[/dice:2lobin4o]
Tradecraft [dice:2lobin4o]49776:3[/dice:2lobin4o] wild [dice:2lobin4o]49776:4[/dice:2lobin4o]
Simon acknowledges Trent's request for access and a hidey hole. He begins surveying the spaces above the elevator cab amybe finding a service maintenance hatch in the actual shaft itself.
Last edited by Simon CROSS Harris on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Rolls Notice: 12, Tradecraft: 17
Notice with Awareness: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:0[/dice:3ox05n71] Rolling Ace: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:2[/dice:3ox05n71]
Wild: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:1[/dice:3ox05n71]

Tradecraft: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:3[/dice:3ox05n71]
Wild: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:4[/dice:3ox05n71] Rolling Ace: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:5[/dice:3ox05n71] Rolling Ace: [dice:3ox05n71]49787:6[/dice:3ox05n71]
Flexing Azrael readies himself for getting on the elevator.
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The elevator arrives on the third floor without incident. When the group carefully exits, Kelly is the first to notice it. On the wall directly opposite of the elevator is smooth plastic square about the size of a postage stamp. There is a razor thin layer of glass over it. A camera she realizes. Marcus Trent and Azrael recall a recent briefing that detailed a new small flat camera that looks just like this being recently recovered from one of The Directorate's safe houses. Cross scrapes it off the wall to get a better look and you all hear the small cracking noise as he breaks it. Trent puts his hand on the bit that remains and gets the impression that it's networked to at least five other cameras.
OOC Comments
A hacking roll at a -2 would allow Trent to access the other cameras on the network. He would be able to display the feed on his phone.

The corridor leads both right and left, the walls are concrete and thin layers of frost are all over the place with no rhyme or reason to it.
OOC Comments
Please decide which direction everyone is going. You can split up if you would like just let me know who is going where. It would probably be best to wait for the results of Jon's hacking roll as it might inform your decisions.
Cameras

First view: This appears to be on top of the elevator shaft looking down

Second view: A corridor. Trent is able to determine that this is on the floor you are currently on.

Third view: A large room filled with computers and electronic equipment. There is a massive sphere inside this room covered in ice.

Trent is able to determine that this is on the floor you are currently on.

Fourth view: A corridor. Trent is able to determine that this is on the second floor.

Fifth view: The shed outside with the ATVs
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Trent

Post by Trent »

Trent looks at his phone, and at the nifty camera. He gives it a wink just in case the person on the other side was into that kind of kink. He sits down getting all comfy and looks at @Simon CROSS Harris his hero by all accounts. Its nice to have someone like him watching my back while I go swimming. Still... The Cross action figure with the kung-fu grip really does not do justice to the living legend. He tilted his head making a mental note to contact Matel with some tips for the new line of Cross figures set to come out just in time for the holidays.

"Cross I'll be out for a bit while I go in. Make sure the kid or red don't go off the deep end." Softly he whispers, " Link Start!" He passes out unaware of the real world while he performs the hack.

Hacking: 1d8+6-2= [dice:2fo7gmuo]49797:0[/dice:2fo7gmuo] wild [dice:2fo7gmuo]49797:1[/dice:2fo7gmuo]
Skills:
Notice d4
Simon CROSS Harris

Simon immediatelly takes a defensive position with the recently acquired HK 447. He takes the time to do some fine uning/tweaking of the sights.

It may be a sub machine gun but I can still shoot anything within a mile with pin point accuracy.

Cross does his best to cover @Trent from anything coming from the left side hallway with the HK 447. He positions himself so that his body is shielding Trent from the right side hallway.

Using handsignals he attempts to get @Julies attention and relay the following messages.
<Left Index Finger points to Right Wrist. Left Hand flashes Five Finger. Pause then flashes Five Fingers Twice.> [5 or 10 minutes.]

<Pointing to Trent. Then to himself, Cross. Two Fingers to Eyes and then down the Left Hallway.> [I will cover Trent.]

<Taps Earpiece in Ear. Taps Throat Mic.Gives Thumbs Up> [Comms on.]
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Julie nods and relays @Simon CROSS Harris’s hand signals down the line, indicating the team should take up defensive positions around their hacker and keep their eyes peeled (so to speak) for trouble. Much as she wanted to move quickly, it wouldn’t do to move quickly away from the objective.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Kelly rolls her eyes at the hand signals and takes up position on watching the right side of the corridor.

"So I'm guessing these sub-vocal comms are new tech that you old timers haven't picked up on yet huh?" She says sub-vocal so that the comes pick up the sound but it is inaudible otherwise.

"or do you not need all of this fancy 'millennial stuff' because you know sign language?"

The tone is playful even sub-vocal you and anyone who can see Kelly sees the edge of her curl up in a smirk.
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Simon CROSS Harris

Simon glares at @Kelly and goes to mouth "Noob" but refrains.

If Cross remembers the specs on the micro camera, it could pick up on sub-vocal as well as the digitial comms. At least with the video, hopefully out, hand signals would allow communication without the possibility of translation.

Cross goes back to his position and applies his psychic senses out and down range.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Marcus moves into position enclosing the hacker in his globe of protection. Any shots coming will have little to no chance of hitting either him or the hacker. Allowing the others is is easy, but most of them seem uncomfortable with the idea of being enclosed in so much aluminum.

On the sub vocals he says. "Let me know when you are ready to m,m,move out." The dome is as close to bullet proof as can be for the occupants. So he focuses the rest of his attention on what is going on outside of the sphere, looking down the halls and through the doors to gather as much information as his line of sight can tell him.
OOC Comments
Can see through metal, hoping to be able to spot some people in other rooms?
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

With @Trent having finished up, Julie signals to the team to move out.

With a glare in Kelly's direction, she uses the sub-vocal link, "Alright, we move toward the room full of computers and the ice globe; seems the likeliest spot for our objective. Anyone with an objection or worthwhile observation, speak up. Otherwise, stay frosty. Pun absolutely intended."
Simon CROSS Harris

Through Sub-Vocal comms to @Julie, "Who is taking point? You need me to bring up the rear?"

Cross rises to his feet and offers a hand down to @Trent to help him get up from his "nap".

Watching Trent situate himself, Cross leans in closs, "Does the Directorate know we are here?"
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Simon CROSS Harris wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:10 am Through Sub-Vocal comms to Julie, "Who is taking point? You need me to bring up the rear?"

Cross rises to his feet and offers a hand down to Trent to help him get up from his "nap".

Watching Trent situate himself, Cross leans in closs, "Does the Directorate know we are here?"
Over the coms. "I can cover the rear, my globe prevents effective ambush from the rear blocking the hall. But i think they must know we are here with all these cameras."
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Marcus wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:01 pm
Simon CROSS Harris wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:10 am Through Sub-Vocal comms to Julie, "Who is taking point? You need me to bring up the rear?"

Cross rises to his feet and offers a hand down to Trent to help him get up from his "nap".
Over the coms. "I can cover the rear, my globe prevents effective ambush from the rear blocking the hall. But i think they must know we are here with all these cameras."
"Good. I'll take point; I'm hard to shoot. @Azrael, stick close to me, but not so close that you catch any bullets that I don't. Everyone else, mind your spacing as best you can. Grenades in hallways aren't your friends. Let's move, people.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

"You sure you don't want the invisible one to go first?" Kitsune asked, skipping ahead of Julie a little, her fluffy tails flicking to and fro. Except Julie was well aware that something solid but invisible was still standing behind her.

"I can be pretty hard to hit too, ya know."
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Keiko wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:06 pm "You sure you don't want the invisible one to go first?" Kitsune asked, skipping ahead of Julie a little, her fluffy tails flicking to and fro. Except Julie was well aware that something solid but invisible was still standing behind her.

"I can be pretty hard to hit too, ya know."
”I’ll bet. Given that we’re almost certainly already on camera, I’d prefer you mess with the views of anyone who starts shooting at us. If you can keep us cloaked while we move somehow, even better.”
Re Keiko
Julie knows Keiko is capable (given their backstories), but she doesn’t want to throw a rook to the wolves, so to speak, in a live fire situation.
Simon CROSS Harris

Cross motions for @Trent to stay behind him and agrees with @Marcus to bring up the rear.

Through SVC, " @Julie Kieko and Kelly in the middle and we are ready."

Flipping the safety on the HK416 on just as he pulls the slung weapon forward and holster the Glock 18 he was holding earlier.

Cross gives the sign from the rear that all is ready and waits for the four in front to move before he himself does.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

"Um.... Kelly starts, having lost the false confidence of her previous banter ...Actually, if I could hang near @Marcus it would probably be better."

She tries to make sure she keeps any flirtatious tones out of her voice. The last thing she needs is the complications associated with intra-team relationships. Real or presumed...

"I think I've mentioned it before, but getting shot at is not a favorite past-time of mine, and that metal bubble of his would be great protection once I've snagged the mind of....] she hesitates for only a fraction of a second and she tries to remember appropriate terminology. "...an enemy combatant".
Kelly Robinson
Kelly ‘Quack Robinson

Active effects:

+1 For Keiko Joker

Adventure Cards:

Edit Signature
Gear
  • (0) Gas Mask
    • 2 lbs
    • 7lbs
    • 4lbs
    • Str+d4 Damage
    • 1lbs
    • 5lbs
    • +1 to healing
    • QTY 5
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 3d6 damage
    • 5lbs
    • QTY 4
    • Range 5/10/20
    • MBT
    • 4lbs
    • Range 3/6/12
    • 1 shot
    • 2 lbs

Simon CROSS Harris

Simon shrugs and looks to @Julie. "At what distance do you need to be to use your mind control?"

"Also a reminder @Kelly that if the bullets miss targets in the front they keep coming to to the rear. It is just the way bullets work."

"If we wait around too much longer it won't matter much of where we are as everyone will have the drop on us."
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Marcus looks at @Kelly. "Can you see through my mind? I,I can see through s,s,stuff"
Bennies 2
Quarterly Reset 3
    +2 Double Jokers
Marcus (Rob T)
Advances:
Skills:
  • Athletics d10
  • Common Knowledge d6
  • Fighting d10
  • Investigation d6
  • Notice d6
  • Shooting d10
  • Stealth d10
  • Trade-craft d6

Hindrances:
  • Habit (Smoker)
Edges:
Powers (25 Power Points)
Gear
  • (20 Equipment Points)
    Subvocal Commlink
    Encrypted Smartphone
    Reinforced tablet
    Lighter and cigarettes

Return to “Archive”