Interlude: After Eric

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Interlude: After Eric

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Topics
Suit: Clubs (1), Diamonds (2), Hearts (3), Spades (4)

Sammy [dice:36trljy3]48267:0[/dice:36trljy3] Hearts
A tale of the hero’s greatest love—lost, found, present, or waiting on her back home.

Nyx [dice:36trljy3]48267:1[/dice:36trljy3] Diamonds
Something your hero wants or already has. It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.

Gary [dice:36trljy3]48267:2[/dice:36trljy3] Spades
A great victory or personal triumph.

Gregory [dice:36trljy3]48267:3[/dice:36trljy3] Hearts
A tale of the hero’s greatest love—lost, found, present, or waiting on her back home.
It has been a few months since the incident at the Neutral Grounds Coffeehouse and Bookstore and our heroes have gone their separate ways. What have they been up to? Complete the Interlude to receive a Benny.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Gregory the Tainted

Re: Interlude: After Eric

Post by Gregory the Tainted »

Being infected by the Red Court Vampires really changed Gregory's life. He had to leave his family without explaining anything, because if he did not the Red Court might come after them, and what if he lost control. Then there is the *powers* it gives him. He dares not kiss anyone lest he addict them to his saliva. He has to avoid everyone he knew, because his family is still looking for him and he really does NOT want them to do that.

Things are a lot harder than they used to be, these days, there is no wealthy family to help with paying bills. What Greg has been doing is finding work to pay the bills, and all the other facets of daily life he is learning to do for himself. Preferably he works at investigations, if he can get paid to do so. These days, he is not just investigating for fun. Finding out things is what he is good at, so if possible he will try to get paid for it.

If possible, he will get a job with a private investigation service. He will probably start out as an assistant or apprentice, no help for that as he has no licence (or even any real ID he can use). If necessary, he will work at basic minimum wage jobs, though really most investigations are going to be no better...finding lost dogs or getting the dirt on cheating spouses.

Aside from that, he is avoiding his family and trying to keep tabs on the Red Court. They were trying to gain covert control of the city before, he will suspect that he only delayed their plans.
Bennies =4?
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Gary’s dream
The trail of dead Fey is remarkable neat. Gary likes to stack their dead bodies in a neat row down in the back alley’s carefully marking his turf. Ain’t no way I am going to let some rougue fey horn in on my town. Each fey lying face down in the sully cobblestone alley is more evil than Gary’s left eye and he seems content to remove their hearts with a cold iron fist through the back. Sometimes it feels good living the dream.

And what a dream it was.
He had a small 1 room office on the south side of town and needed cleaning just the perfect place to start a green horn wanna be PI. Best part was the office was next to his favorite dime and five shop.

Miss Mary wave at him from the window calling, ”Whats new Gary?”

Gary shakes his fingers free warming them after imagining the entrails of so many dead fay and smiles darkly, ”Ah not much, just keeping the streets clean from the riftraft.” She blows him a kiss and Gary walks on by. Hanky Panky would have to wait, there was one more Fey, a white albino some say was 10 feet tall. All that meant was it probably had an extra large heart for Gary to punch out. Folks also say the White Albino was half shark and half fey, evil as sin with a panchant for little kids. Liked to spend time in the mid town aquarium. Gary knew the type and strolled down to pay Albino a visit.

Only it did not go down like he planned. Gary missed most of the free cups of joe and chances to block Sammy from spending time with Diane for one simple fact. He was tied up for most of the three months ill content to be the Albino’s play thing. But fortune, lady luck, or just him being the fucking wizard sprung him and he dragged his broke ass back into the civilized world with a few shiners and 2 less ribs.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Sammy yawns, and his mouth stretches so wide he feels like his face is splitting in two.

But, that's what happens when you yawn as a dog. It takes some getting used to, being a quadruped with a giant mouth (really a snout) and a nose that gives you sensory overload every time you take a breath (seriously; dogs can smell so much), but Sammy likes being a dog. Dogs are fun, and no one ever suspects a dog of being up to anything. Because that would be insane. Dogs are dogs.

Sammy sits and gives his ear a scratch with his hind paw, waiting outside the same stupid warehouse he's been sitting at for a day and a half. He does his best to look inconspicuous, pretending to take naps, chase random bits of debris as the wind blows them by, and switching up his animal form whenever he starts to think it's been a bit too long.

Now, if the thing would just show up already. His intel is good, he is sure of it, but it is also vague. "Sometime early this week," leaves a lot of wiggle room.

He gives a long stretch, working out some kinks, and tries to keep his mind working. He hasn't slept since... when was it, again? It has to be at least 48 hours. Maybe he can find a doggy bowl full of red bull somewhere.

So, he thinks of Dianne, and his tail gives a little wag. After that whole business with Eric, she has been both grateful (which Sammy loves) and a little distant (which he could do without). But coffee at Neutral Grounds is now pretty much always on the house, and she is a magician when it comes to coffee. Quite literally, in fact. One of the only reasons he's still awake, he's sure, is the crazy concoction he ordered with his breakfast before starting his looooong stakeout. He's never quite sure what she puts in it, but she tells him it's special and it helps keep him awake when he needs it, so he doesn't dig.

Dig. Heh.

Dogs like to dig. He wonders if there's something around here to dig....

No! Focus! Sheesh. Might be time to switch forms again.

Just as Sammy begins looking for somewhere to hide so no one will see him turn into a bird, a truck approaches the warehouse. He watches it roll in and recognizes the name on the side of the trailer, his tail beginning to wag harder.

Oh, now. There's a sight for sore eyes. In big, bold words, the truck declares itself to belong to PALMERO INDUSTRIES, and Sammy creeps toward it as the driver gets out and talks to the employee at the gate.

Sammy can't help but smile, even as a dog, giving what would probably be a terrifying doggy grin. He loves the part that comes next.

Time to go earn his keep.
Nyx Eveningstream

Post by Nyx Eveningstream »

Not even a week had passed since Nyx helped to apprehend Eric and delivered him to Queen Mab. He turned the breaker of the accord over to the queen without waiting for so much as a thank you before leaving. Nothing in this world, or any other, is free, however, and Nyx was soon summoned to an audience with queen.

"...I wish for nothing more than to serve you, my queen. However, if a boon is necessary, than I ask only to be able to better serve you," Nyx says as he bows before Mab.

The queen gives him the slightest smile and says, "You know as well as I that you must be rewarded for identifying and delivering Eric to me so expediently. What should I to bestow upon you? Definitely not power. The Tráthnónasruth would trade it away before making his way back to the mortal realm he loves so."

Nyx stifles a chuckle. He's unsure who's older, himself or the queen, but Queen Mab is one of the few Unseelie he truly respects. She knows the Lords and Ladies of the Winter Court too well, even a fringe case such as himself. She is powerful, manipulative, fierce, and, well...competent.

Nyx suggests, "If a reward must be given, and a gift of power is not suitable, perhaps knowledge would suffice, my queen? For one such as myself, knowledge is power."

After a moment of brief contemplation, she frowns and says, "And just as easily leveraged. No, not power or knowledge. You regard your strength and magic as poker chips to be wagered in games of your own design spanning decades and centuries when it can be used just as effectively at just the right time and place. Instead of considering the magics of your enemies and plucking at its threads while its being formed, you attempt to deny it completely."

The queen snaps her finger and a solemn seeming Unseelie rushes to her side. She leans in and confers with him briefly. As she speaks to him, he shoots a terrified glance towards Nyx. He attempts to say something, but he's harshly rebuked immediately after speaking.

Finally, she returns her gaze to Nyx an says, "My servant will summon you when it's most convenient for me. Come. The Tráthnónasruth will learn subtetly. You will grow powerful under my tutelage in ways you have not previously considered. Be warned, I am not a patient teacher. I will not suffer incompetence or failure."

Queen Mab quickly dismissed Nyx. Roughly once a week, her servant showed up at the absolutely most inconvenient time to summon Nyx. Each time, the servant seemed more and more terrified of the increasingly annoyed Nyx. Before his training would be complete, the Tráthnónasruth would come to realize that the young man must have fallen into the Queen's disfavor, and his punishment was to annoy the Tráthnónasruth.

A subtle gift, and one to soon be collected.
Nyx Eveningstream
The Tráthnónasruth, Unseelie Pactmaster
Pace: 5; Parry: 5(1) Toughness: 7(2)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Channeling (If a Raise is rolled, reduce the PP cost of the Power by 1)
  • Charismatic (One free Reroll per Persuasion roll)
  • Extra Effort (After the Roll, add +1 or +2 to the Focus total for 1 PP or 3 PP)
  • Strong Willed (+2 when resisting Tests with Smarts or Spirit)
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 2/2; PP: 10/20
Bennies: 1/3
Edit Signature

Return to “Case Files”