D'Norr City Rat

Pursuit
Game Master

D'Norr City Rat

Post by Pursuit »

Fortune & Glory:
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:0[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Vigorous and Tough: You hero adds one die type to Vigor and begins with the Nerves of Steel Edge.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:1[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Strong and Powerful: Your hero adds one die type to Strength and begins with the Brawny Edge.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:2[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Agile and Dexterous: Your hero adds one die type to Agility and begins with either the Ambidextrous or Quick Edge.

Hero's Journey:
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:3[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Cybernetics: Stronger is always better as far as your character is concerned, so he has a level of Bionic Strength Augmentation.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:4[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Experience & Wisdom: Life on the road, in the wilderness, and wandering the streets of the cities that remain gave your character special insight and some key experience with a particular calling. You may give her one Professional Edge, ignoring requirements, subject to the GM’s approval and it making at least some kind of sense.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:5[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Underworld & Black Ops: With a nose for opportunities, horse-trading, and five-fingered discounts, your hero is the go-to person for getting what’s needed in a crunch. He has the Scrounger Edge and Connections (Black Market).
Per GM instruction, re-rolling that last one because Scrounger is a duplicate of her IF and keeping whichever roll I prefer: [dice:nn4i08oo]53159:7[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Underworld & Black Ops: Your character has a knack for taking full advantage of his opponents. He has the Dirty Fighter Edge (or Tricky Fighter, if he already has Dirty Fighter), and whenever he gets a raise on a Trick attempt, he may spend a Benny to gain The Drop on his opponent on that round.

Narrative Hook:
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:6[/dice:nn4i08oo]: The Juicer Uprising. In 105 PA, just a few years ago, the promise of a cure for the short lifespan of Juicers (the Phoenix Treatment) originated out of Newtown. This Coalition-spawned rumor ultimately led to a very bloody uprising and short war between the resulting Juicer Army of Liberation, the forces of Newtown, and the Coalition. The dispatched CS forces showed a lack of real commitment, which led to a much longer and messier conflict. A group of enterprising folks uncovered an alien plot behind the incident, but the destruction of Newtown and the loss of thousands of lives could not be prevented. Your hero may have fought on one side or the other, or he was part of the uncovering of the plot and subsequent battle against the alien threat. Now he’s with the Legion, trying to find a new path.

Rich Edge
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:8[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Cybernetics: duplicate, so retoll with GM permission.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:10[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Cybernetics: When the armor piercing lasers and flechettes fly, your cyborg's level of Reinforced Frame is the best.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:9[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Cybernetics: Your cyborg is the one everyone wants on watch since she has the Expanded Detection and Security Array.
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:12[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Body Armor
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:13[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Body Armor
[dice:nn4i08oo]53159:14[/dice:nn4i08oo]: Body Armor

Starting Funds: [dice:nn4i08oo]53159:11[/dice:nn4i08oo]
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Pursuit
Game Master

Re: D'Norr City Rat

Post by Pursuit »

Character Sheet
Tuey
Race: D’Norr
Iconic Framework: City Rat
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8
Pace: 8, d10 run die; Parry: 6;
Toughness 19(9)
4 (½ V) + 2 + 1(Size) +1 (Reinforced Frame) + 2 (embedded in armor) + 9 (armor value) = 19(9)
Strain: 8; Size: +1
Skills:
  • Athletics (Ag) d6 (1)
  • Common Knowledge (Sm) d8 +2 for Streetwise (2)
  • Electronics (Sm) d8 (2)
  • Fighting (Ag) d8 (3)
  • Intimidation (Sp) d8 (2)
  • Persuasion (Sp) d4
  • Notice (Sm) d8 + 2 (for expanded detection) (2)
  • Shooting (Ag) d8 (3)
  • Stealth (Ag) d8 (2)
  • Thievery (Ag) d8 (2)

Hindrances
  • Driven (Major): She’s moving up the ranks… one way or another.
  • Vengeful (Minor): Do not cross her, because she’ll make you pay.
  • Obligation (Minor) (Black Market): Connections with the Market flow both ways.

Edges
  • Scrounger (x2) (IF and HJ): TBD
  • Streetwise (IF): Streetwise characters know how to find the local black market, fence stolen goods, avoid the local law (or criminal element!), lay low when the heat's on, obtain illegal weapons, find out which “boss” is hiring muscle, or similar shady activities. Streetwise characters add +2 to Intimidation or Persuasion rolls made to Network (see page 133) with shady or criminal elements. They also add +2 to Common Knowledge rolls pertaining to the types of disreputable activities listed above.
  • Thief (IF): Thieves specialize in deceit, treachery, and acrobatics. They can be invaluable where traps must be detected, walls must be climbed, and locks must be picked. Thieves know how to use protrusions on walls and window ledges to climb the tallest of buildings, scampering through streets and back alleys like cats. They add +1 to Athletics rolls made to climb in urban areas. Thieves also know how to use the dark areas between the streetlights of cities to conceal their movements, and add +1 to Stealth rolls when in an urban environment. Finally, these rogues are—not surprisingly— adept at Thievery itself, adding +1 to those rolls in all circumstances.
  • Nerves of Steel (F&G): Your hero has learned to fight on through the most intense pain. He may ignore 1 point of Wound penalties.
  • Brawny (F&G): Your bruiser is very large or very fit. Her Size increases by +1 (and therefore Toughness by 1) and she treats her Strength as one die type higher when determining Encumbrance (page 67) and Minimum Strength to use armor, weapons, and equipment without a penalty (page 66). Brawny can't increase a character's Size above +3.
  • Quick (F&G): Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five. Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it's Six or higher.
  • Jack of All Trades (HJ): Through advanced schooling, book-learning, computer-enhanced skill programs, or just amazing intuitive perception, your hero has a talent for picking up skills on the fly. There’s little he can’t figure out given a little time and a dash of luck. The character makes a Smarts roll as an action after observing or studying some subject. She gains a d4 in the relevant skill with success, or d6 with a raise. She may try again after an hour of study, trial and effort, or immersion if she fails or wants to try for a raise. This lasts until the character attempts to learn a different subject, whether she’s successful or not.
  • Connections (Black Market) (HJ): Your heroine is connected to people or organizations who can help her when the chips are down. It might be the mob, the Feds, a union, or even other adventurers. Connections may be taken more than once, selecting a new faction or contact each time. Once per session, and assuming she can get in touch with them, the heroine can call on her friends for a favor. The favor depends on the nature of the contact (GM’s call), but might include a loan, gear, a few allied fighters, transportation, information, or even a professional with critical skills the party doesn’t have, like a hacker or scholar.
  • Arcane Background (Gifted) (Hindrances): The character has innate abilities that don't fit into the usual tropes of magic, miracles, or psionics. Their powers may be low-level super powers, divine gifts, or even alien abilities, and are often very unusual or unique for their setting. 15 PPE. 1 starting power.
  • Danger Sense (Cybernetics): Your hero can sense when something bad is about to happen. When rolling for Surprise (page 108), he adds +2 to his Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, he starts the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives him a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes his Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
  • Rich (N1 Advance): 10,000 credits, 2 HJ rolls
  • Filthy Rich (N2 Advance): Another 15,000 credits (25,000 total), 3 more HJ rolls
  • Extraction (N2 Advance): When a character withdraws from melee, adjacent attackers get a free Fighting attack against him (see Withdrawing from Melee on page 109). This is a very dangerous proposition for most, but not your wily champion. When moving away from adjacent foes, one of them (player’s choice), doesn’t get his free Fighting attack.

Racial Characteristics
  • Distinctive D-Bee: Unless they hide their non-human (and devilish) appearance, D'Norr face a certain amount of prejudice from the Coalition. They suffer −2 Persuasion when dealing with such people.
  • Intelligent and Spiritual: D'Norr are highly intelligent and spiritual, beginning with a d6 Smarts and Spirit. This makes their natural maximums for those Traits d12+1.
  • Natural Arcane Affinity: The D'Norr have +5 PPE naturally, whether they pursue a magical path or not.
  • Personable: The D'Norr are highly charming and easy to get along with. They have +1 Persuasion.
  • Restricted Path: The D'Norr have no capacity for psionics and cannot access ISP.
  • Sensitive: Due to their inherently sensitive and compassionate nature, D'Norr are particularly susceptible to Fear, suffering a −2 whenever making checks against such situations.

Cybernetics
Embedded Hellfire Shotgun (1) - Strain: 1
  • Her mechanical hand splits and opens, and then each side slides back along the sides of her forearm, revealing the double barrels of the hellfire shotgun at the base of her wrist.
Leg Upgrades (1) - Strain: 2
  • The first application of this upgrade grants the hero +2 Pace and an increase to the running die type, as well as +1 to Jumping distances. Each additional level of this upgrade simply increases Pace by +2.
Core Electronics Package (1) - Strain: 1
  • This set of electronic and data systems grants the following—a mini-computer; a computer interface jack for direct linking to other systems, which grants a +4 to appropriate Common Knowledge Electronics, Hacking, Research, and Repair rolls; a radio with a 20-mile range. (22,000 credits)
Expanded Detection and Security Array (1) - Strain: 2
  • This combination of radar, sonar, and motion detectors grants the cyborg 360 degree awareness of his surroundings. This grants a +2 to Notice checks and the Danger Sense Edge.
Reinforced Frame (1) - Strain: 1
  • Metals, ceramics, and other tough substances cover the cyborg head-to-toe and are laced through his skeleton and musculature. Each level provides +1 Toughness which stacks with all other forms of protection, including the embedded Toughness of Body Armor and Power Armor.
Bionic Strength Augmentation (1) - Strain: 1
  • Fully bionic arms and legs, reinforced artificial musculature, and other techniques raise the cyborg’s Strength. Each step past d12 adds a +1.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Powers
Arcane Background: Gifted
PPE: 20 - Recovery: 5/hour (or whatever the baseline is)

Telekinesis (but she can’t really use it, so no reason to describe it).

Farsight (armor helmet): Farsight allows the recipient to see in detail over great distances. She can read lips or read fine print up to a mile distant. With a raise, she also halves Range penalties for Shooting, Athletics (throwing), or other abilities affected by Range. 2 PP, duration 5.

Darksight (armor helmet): Darksight allows a hero to see in the dark. With success, he ignores up to 4 points of illumination penalties. With a raise, he ignores up to six points and can see in pitch darkness. 1 PP/hour

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Background
She was in Newtown during the Juicer Uprising and got pretty banged up. In all the chaos of the aftermath, healing magic was difficult to come by, and she needed cybernetics to get back to full health. Her nascent talent at telekinesis was all but snuffed out as she added more cyberware over time, but what she lacks in arcane might she makes up for in tech and ingenuity.

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Gear

Item
  • Combat Mage Heavy EBA: +6 Armor, +2 Toughness, Min. Str. d10, 36 lbs.
    • Notes: While powered increase Strength two dice and ignore Min Str, farsight and darksight.
    • HJ table upgrades: +3 Armor (+9 total), +2 to Ranged attacks
  • Wilk's 237 Backup Laser Pistol: 10/20/40, 2d6+4, ROF 1, AP 4, Shots 12, Min. Str. d6, 3 lbs.
  • Wilk's 447 Laser Rifle: 24/48/96, 3d6, ROF 1, AP 4, Shots 20, Min. Str. d4, 5 lbs.
  • Vibro Shortsword: Str. + d8, AP 4, Min. Str. d6, 4 lbs.
  • NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Hellfire Shotgun (cybernetic): 12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, ROF 1, Shots 2, Min. Str. d6, SBT, Double Barrels
    • Notes: 2 PPE to reload, 5 PPE to do MD for 5 rounds

Credits: 4,100
  • 1,100 starting funds
  • 25,000 from Rich and Filthy Rich
  • -22,000 for core electronics

Contacts: The Black Market

Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Advances

MARS Framework: City Rat
  • Choose cybernetics up to 3 Strain.
  • Begin with the Scrounger, Streetwise, and Thief Edges.
  • Begin with Electronics d4, Intimidation d4, and Thievery d4.

Hero’s Journey
  • Cybernetics (12): Stronger is always better as far as your character is concerned, so he has a level of Bionic Strength Augmentation.
  • Experience & Wisdom (16): Life on the road, in the wilderness, and wandering the streets of the cities that remain gave your character special insight and some key experience with a particular calling. You may give her one Professional Edge, ignoring requirements, subject to the GM’s approval and it making at least some kind of sense.
  • Underworld & Black Ops (16): With a nose for opportunities, horse-trading, and five-fingered discounts, your hero is the go-to person for getting what’s needed in a crunch. He has the Scrounger Edge and Connections (Black Market).

MARS Fortune & Glory
  • (8) Vigorous and Tough: You hero adds one die type to Vigor and begins with the Nerves of Steel Edge.
  • (7) Strong and Powerful: Your hero adds one die type to Strength and begins with the Brawny Edge.
  • (4) Agile and Dexterous: Your hero adds one die type to Agility and begins with either the Ambidextrous or Quick Edge.

Rich & Filthy Rich
  • Cybernetics (2): When the armor piercing lasers and flechettes fly, your cyborg's level of Reinforced Frame is the best.
  • Cybernetics (6): Your cyborg is the one everyone wants on watch since she has the Expanded Detection and Security Array.
  • Body Armor (20): Choose any result (chose +2 to Ranged).
  • Body Armor (4): Choose any body armor (chose Combat Mage Heavy EBA).
  • Body Armor (6): +3 Armor.

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Arcane Background, +2 Skill Points
  • Cybernetic Modifications: Many
  • Novice 1 Advance: Rich
  • Novice 2 Advance: Filthy Rich
  • Novice 3 Advance: Extraction
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: +2 skill points
  • Seasoned 2 Advance:
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance: