Operation FOXCHASE

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:25 pm

Avroville/Tavern

As they piled Penelop with drinks, alot of the younger lads boasted of their skill as a pilot and of being an ace three times over. Some older men stayed seated and watched with amusement as they waited to see how many of the boastful 'aces' got shot down by the newly arrived lass. There was another group of men, some rough and ready types who sat off to one side and kept themselves to themselves.



Areodome

Though wary at first of the newcomer, the aviators at the aerodrome welcomed Walter once a few words had been exchanged. After he'd be accepted, Walter was able to listen as the pilots complained about everything from service fees through to the weather and sky pirates.


Administration Office

"We'll see what we have." Replied the bespectacled clerk as he glances over the salvage Crowley and started appraising them. "Hmm yes, once reconditioned they should fetch a fair few coin."

"Verify some local legends? An unusable form form of payment, but then again it'll boost our profit margin on these." Commented the clerk. "Very well, I shall humour you...what legends in particular did you have in mind?"

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Administrative Offices

"Well I am no pilot and have not seen the ground from the sky, like they do. But there are rumors and legends that say there is a Wulver camp nearby."

When the looks come in, Crowley continues. "I am also a scientist and a researcher. The past has many secrets for us."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Crusor looked over at Penelop as she was given drink after drink, and briefly thought about the merits of “acting natural”. However he quickly didn’t think he would be able to manage that and instead decided to listen as best he could. He spotted more than a few faces whom looked like they would sooner dent his face in rather than talk to him. It was this that made him pull his scarf securely over his face before he continued to look about the bar.

Notice
Invalid dice code!
Invalid dice code!

1d6+2 = 4: 2
1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 am

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope spotted Peter following her to the bar. How nice! Protect her honor and all that. But she would get better results as a single lady. She didn’t mind the backup, though, if something happened. She caught Peter’s eye and gave him a playful wink, flirting with him. It would give him a reason to join the men around her if he wanted it, or just hang back and observe.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:48 pm

Peter was shocked when she initially winked at him. The idea of a inter work relationship sent his head spiraling in a thousand different directions. That was until it came crashing down into the realization that this was all an act for those around them.

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:47 pm
Administrative Offices

"Well I am no pilot and have not seen the ground from the sky, like they do. But there are rumors and legends that say there is a Wulver camp nearby."

When the looks come in, Crowley continues. "I am also a scientist and a researcher. The past has many secrets for us."
The clerk gives Crowley an unamused look and sighed. "We're on the edge of the Wulflands, so naturally there are going to be some of the beasts in the area."

"However, the notion of them having an encampment is pure nonsense. They are nought put savage creatures that roam around in packs, though I'll concede that there may be an especially sizeable pack in the area." The clerk continued. "Though the idea of them being intelligent, thinking creatures is both a foolish belief and hearsay."

Tavern

The rough and ready types who'd been sat off to one side got to their feet and started making their way outside, barging their way through the crowd and shoving anyone was too slow in moving. Nobody dared raise a hand in anger against them, the crowd simply parted and fell silent as the men headed towards the door of the tavern.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 am

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

“Excuse you, boys,” Penelope said, as the men pushed through her little crowd of admirers. She shook her head at the rudeness. “Someone should teach you some manners.”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Crowley's eyes light up at the mention of Wulflands and turns his attention more fully to the clerk. "So you have actually seen the Wulfers? What else can you tell me about your personal experiences?"

Crowley takes out a notebook, writtings in shorthand only he understands, and prepares to take down the clerk's dictation of personal experiences and actual events, should he have any.

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Penelope Lane wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 am
Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

“Excuse you, boys,” Penelope said, as the men pushed through her little crowd of admirers. She shook her head at the rudeness. “Someone should teach you some manners.”
The crowd round Penelope parted even further, leaving the lass standing like a lone sentinel in a barren plain. The assumed leader of the band of thugs looked Penelope before giving a stern reply. "Somebody should learn ta mind their own business....lass."

"Me and me lads are leaving see? If ye know wots good fer ya, ye'll go back ta playing a showgirl."

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:36 pm
Crowley's eyes light up at the mention of Wulflands and turns his attention more fully to the clerk. "So you have actually seen the Wulfers? What else can you tell me about your personal experiences?"

Crowley takes out a notebook, writtings in shorthand only he understands, and prepares to take down the clerk's dictation of personal experiences and actual events, should he have any.
"Only photographs." Confessed the clerk. "I do not stray beyond the town's walls."

"There are one or two hunting outfits that operate out of the town, you'd be best speaking to them if you want to know more about the beasts."

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Aleister seems crest-fallen but expected no less from the hot headed clerk. He turned and left the Adminstrative offices after getting the names of the outfits and whether they were currently in town or not.

Something tells him that he should check on the others from the team and he heads towards the bar.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 am

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope smiled. “No showgirl here. You see any frilly dress? Just a pilot, looking for the low down after coming new in town,” she said. “But we’re both being rude. Neither one of us introduced ourselves. Penelope Lane.” She offered him her hand.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Peter felt his pistol in his holster before he removed his hand from it and tried to sneak up on the men as they were distracted by Penelope.

Stealth roll
1d10 = 8: 8
1d6 = 4: 4

Peter easily made his way up behind them and silently “hung about” ready to fire into them. Although he did keep in mind that he should shot downward into their legs to ensure that he didn’t hit Penelope

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:43 am

Penelope Lane wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 am
Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope smiled. “No showgirl here. You see any frilly dress? Just a pilot, looking for the low down after coming new in town,” she said. “But we’re both being rude. Neither one of us introduced ourselves. Penelope Lane.” She offered him her hand.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
"Do I look like I give a damn lass?" The lead thug replied as he gave an irritated sigh. "Me business is not yers, not anyone's, but mine ya hear?"

"Some advice lass, don't dance with the Renard Noir." Add the lead thug. "Me and me lads are leaving. Now."

Note To Players
Those who have Tylander as a language will know that Renard Noir translates as 'Black Fox'.

And the thugs are very much leaving regardless of who is in the way.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:23 am

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

“Fair enough, boys,” Penelope said. “Give me no excuse, and I won’t need a new sable fox coat,” she replied with a sweet smile. “Good luck, boys.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:55 am

Peter tired to signal to Penelope that he planed to follow the group that called themselves Renard noir.

1d6 = 4: 4
1d10 = 10: 10
Ace 1d10+10 = 12: 2

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:39 am

Notice 2
Notice 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Penelope completely missed Peter's signal.

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Peter was none the wiser to the fact that Penelope was also non the wiser. He then continued to trail after the men as they walked out

1d6 = 6: 6
1d10 = 9: 9

Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Notice
Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
Oblivious to Peter tailing them through the streets of the town, the thugs make for the aerodrome. Though it seems that the men have a reputation as the locals part to allow the thugs a clear passage, it is clear that nobody is willing to even risk causing trouble. The men had an air of self-assuredness about them, something that aided Peter greatly in remaining unseen along with the crowds.

At the aerodrome the thugs make for a hanger, that has a small transport plane by it, and bark orders at others who'd been waiting at the hanger. There is a scramble to get the plane ready, though Peter has time to watch things closely. Most curiously, the plane is marked with what appears to be the symbol of a black fox.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Notice 11 _
[*] Notice (1d4) 1d4 = 3: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1

Benny for Reroll (2 of 3 remaining)

[*] Notice (1d4) 1d4 = 4: 4
[*] Aced! Notice (1d4+4) 1d4+4 = 8: 4
[*] Super Aced! Notice (1d4+8) 1d4+8 = 11: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
Crowley is half way to the tavern when he sees the group of thugs heading to the aerodrome, opposite from the administrative offices which he had just left. None the wiser as to who they are, he does catch sight of @Crusor_Peter45 Peter slinking after the thugs. Assuming that Peter is following a lead, he continues to the tavern to round up @Penelope Lane.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 pm

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope looked up as Crowley came into the tavern. She smiled at him. “What’s up, boss?” she asked. “Just been chatting with the boys. Find something?”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:47 am

1d10 = 8: 8
1d6 = 4: 4

Peter edged forward towards the aircraft, careful to remain in the shadows as he carefully slipped up behind one of the tougher looking gangers. This is where peter belonged, hunched over a moving like he was never there. He thought back to all the ambushes he had laid before, all those who fell without a clue as to how or why. For a brief moment he thought how easy he could sink his ax into the probable pirate’s skull. And then how easily he could have slipped away and gotten away with it. He suddenly shook his head and he reinserted him self into the moment just in time to slip behind some boxes as a innocent looking mechanic rounded the corner. Killing not why he was here. Thus he continued on towards the air craft. He notice nearly a moment to soon that he was going a little fast. As he realized that he had brushed past a tool box a little too close. He watched as a 1/2inch wrench slipped off the top and began towards the floor. He quickly but silently rushed forward to grab it right before it clanged onto the floor and alerted everyone in the echoing hanger. After a moment of breath at the closeness of the moment he decided to slide the wrench into his pocket and look for a hiding spot with in the cargo area

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:35 pm

Crowley looks to @Penelope Lane, "The chase is on." Crowley orders a whiskey sour and stares into the drink. Quietly he whispers, "When you have finished with the boys. Head back to the hanger."

Downing the drink. He shivers as the alcohol runs its way down his throat. Tipping the barman he heads out to look after a lead on the Wulvers if the night still provides the time. He is uncertain if he will be able to locate the ship before it leaves but hopes that the Major will be alert and ready to follow.

Instead of heading after his Wulver leads he heads to the hangers and makes his way down the line of airships looking for or listening for the ships that maybe leaving soon. When he reaches his teams ship, he stops the Major, "Captain, we have a lead. My team will stay the night if necessary. Implementing Chasing contingency."

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:32 pm

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope nodded at Crowley. She tossed back a last drink. “Sorry, boys. The boss called. But if everyone here is as nice as you lads, I’ll be happy to be back again,” she said, favoring them all with a beautiful smile before she slipped off her stool and sashayed out.

Always leave them wanting more.

Penny headed to the hanger.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:23 pm

Aliester is not necessarily moving fast towards his destination and is not at all surprised when @Penelope Lane shows up beside him moving briskly to stay warm, like he is.

The streets are empty for the most part, the cold keeping smart people from wandering around at night. Crowley recognizes Penelope by the footfalls of her boots and her stride. "Ms. Lane, I hope the boys were not disappointed."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:24 pm

Peter almost Immediately began slipping into what ever baggage or cargo he could find before he pulled a blanket form his pack and draped it over what one might still see. He already could feel the choking sensation of what the flight in this tiny tin can would likely be like. He tried to breath as he held tight onto his hatchet ready to flick it upwards at what ever might have pulled at the blanket off of him.

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Random NPC Notice
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Whether some higher power was smiling down on him or he was born under a lucky star, Peter managed to sneak through the hanger and onboard the plane. No shouts came and no alarms sounded, not once did any of those round the hanger and aircraft noticed the shadow slipping through their ranks. The thugs themselves seemed relaxed, idly chatting in what appeared to be Tylandish as they busied themselves with preparing the plane. Soon came the spluttering of the engines before they exploded into life with a throaty roar.

The airframe shook with the vibrating rumble of the engines and as the aircraft started to roll forward.

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:38 pm

1d6-2 = 2: 4
1d10-2 = 6: 8

Peter sat there as he felt as if the fuselage was collapsing in on him. He groaned and held tight on his weapon as he began to bite down on the collar of his coat. The disgusting wool coating his tongue. He tried harder to forget where he was but it didn’t really seem to help in the slightest.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:01 am

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope smiled at Crowley. “Just means they will be that much more excited to see me again next time,” she told the commander, falling in step beside him. “Where did Peter go? He was in the bar with me earlier, but I didn’t see him when I left.”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:13 am

Thugs Notice 15
Notice 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Explodes 1d6 = 6: 6
Explodes Again! 1d6 = 5: 5
Whether it was a sound that he made or something he'd dislodged Peter wouldn't know, it might've been the piloting noticing the plane was carrying extra weight. Whatever the reason, the aircraft came to a halt with a squeal of brakes and the thunder of the engines died down to an idling rumble. The thugs started combing through the cargo area of the plane, checking boxes and pulling aside tarpaulin as they search. Peter's hiding place was soon exposed and an angry voice cried. "Wots thus? A stowaway?!"

Note to Peter
Make an opposed Athletics roll, if you beat the thugs' roll below you get to act first.

Athletics 1d4 = 3: 3

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Penelope Lane wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:01 am
Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

Penelope smiled at Crowley. “Just means they will be that much more excited to see me again next time,” she told the commander, falling in step beside him. “Where did Peter go? He was in the bar with me earlier, but I didn’t see him when I left.”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
"Did you speak with anyone leaving the tavern before I arrived?"

"Peter was tailing some men coming from the tavern when I saw him last. My guess is that they are at the hanger now."

"Just not sure if there are any other clues that might tell us where Peter is or who he is with."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Notice
1d6+2 = 4: 2
1d6 = 1: 1

Athletics
1d4 = 3: 3
1d6 = 3: 3

Benny
1d4 = 4: 4
Ace 1d4+4 = 8: 4
Ace #2 1d4+8 = 10: 2
1d6 = 3: 3

Fighting
1d10 = 8: 8
1d6 = 3: 3

(I don’t know their parry but I’m rolling damage anyways, so I don’t have to edit this later)

Damage: 2d6 = 2: 1, 1
Benny for damage
2d6 = 4: 3, 1

The raise from the drop
1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6

Peter might have been small and non threatening looking. However that merely meant he only had to hit first and hard. As soon as he realized one was close he sprung out from his hiding spot. He slammed his shield into the man’s chest before he went to slash his ax into the thug’s leg, a spot that would be hopefully hard to defend with peter so up close. He thought briefly about the prospects of this being a normal aircrew men who just had a thing for fox’s. Yet he quickly dismissed the thoughts because the other alternatives might end with him dead. then he realized his thoughts had distracted him and made him slam his ax more like a baton than a blade, thus doing little damage to the man’s leg.

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Rolls
Fighting 1d6 = 3: 3
Though Peter's blow was not damaging, the shock of the impact was enough to throw the thug's aim off as he swung with a heavy club. The chunk of wood sailed through the air, missing Peter by inches and continuing in an arc round until it connected with the fuselage of the aircraft. The heavy thump reverted throughout the plane, alerting the rest of the thugs to the intruder in their mist.

GM's Note
Peters outnumbered 4-to-1 and his options are;

1. Surrender and hope they don't rough him up too much.

2. Try and escape.

3. Go down fighting.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:27 am

Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

“Yes,” Penelope answered Crowley. “Some rather rude Tyranian men who called themselves the Black Foxes,” she said. “They shoved their way through the little group of men around me on their way out, and we exchanged a few words. Then they left.”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Shooting to suppress
1d10 = 5: 5
1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 7: 3

Peter quickly drew his pistol and fired mostly randomly as he began to retreat backwards away from the thugs, and towards the door way. He practically tackled it open before stumbling out onto the flightline.

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:10 pm

GM's Roll
Fighting 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Shooting 1d6-2 = -1: 1
There were cries in alarm as Peter sprayed away with his machine pistol, the unexpected move taking the ruffians off-guard. The one with the club tried taking another swing as Peter dashed past, but proved to be no better than his first attempt. Another tried taking a shot with a revolver, though went wide and may or may not have hit something vital. In the end, the thugs resorted to throwing curses at Peter as he scrambled out of the aircraft.

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:56 pm

1d6 = 3: 3
1d10 = 8: 8
1d10 = 3: 3
1d10 = 3: 3

Damage
2d6-1 = 6: 2, 5

Peter stopped just out side of the door and let his machine gun blast into the tail of the air craft.

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:13 am

Peter's burst of automatic gunfire hit the aircraft's tail, though other than a handful of holes petered in the sheet metal there didn't appear to be any actual damage done. Though the gunfire did spark a commotion at the aerodrome, some people started fleeing the area whilst there were cries of alarm and shouts from the aerodrome's guards. Unbelievably one of the aircraft's engines suddenly spluttered and died, indicating an issue with the plane.

In the distance, an alarm sounded.
GM's Note
There is a fair bit of noise at the aerodrome, an alarm is ringing and the guards are responding.

Crowley and Penelope need to make a Notice roll, +2 bonus from the commotion.

Peter can use the chaos to Stealth, again getting a +2 bonus. A Notice roll at -2 will reveal whats up with the plane.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:38 am

Notice 10
+2 commotion
Notice 1d4+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6+8 = 10: 2
Avroville/Tavern
Round 0

The sound of gunfire caught Penelope’s attention and she stopped, looking around for the source of the commotion as alarms rang. “You think that’s our Peter?” she asked, pulling the firebolt pistol from her hip. “We should check that out.”

Penny started off at a run toward one of the aerodromes where the hubbub seemed to be occuring.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser

Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 am

Crowley speaks briefly with the Major, "If you have seen any Black Fox insignias around here, we may need to be moving now."

Smiling, unuasual for Crowley, he looks at @Penelope Lane, "Peter has certain challenges with other people's flying."

Turning on his heal, Crowley begins running out to the flight line. Lifting his voice above the crowds and the chaos. "Hey stop right there. Why are you all kidnapping my crewman?"

Turning to anyone official looking, "You just allow anyone to take people from this outpost."

Shouting and running after Peter, "Cruise. Cruise. Did they hurt you?" @Crusor_Peter45

Turning and shouting back to the authorities, "You have a medic. Someone who can look after my man Cruise here?"

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Peter glanced back at Crowley before he pointed his pistol at the door of the air craft. “No sir, I’m perfectly fine, stow away mission gone loud is all that happen.” He stood there feeling some frustration in Crowley acting like Crusor was a child more than a RAM, but he wasn’t the kind of person to let himself take it to heart

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”