Operation FOXCHASE

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm
"Malloy. How quickly could we evac? Hawthorne needs to arrive at dusk or dawn. There is a sufficient landing zone nearby."
"Sir." Malloy nodded and went to operate the radio set, then hesitated. "Wait, is that an...earthquake?"

There is noticeable tremor in the ground beneath your feet and a distant rumbling sound, both of which that cease after a few moments. Then there is a droning sound, faint at first but grows louder until an airship peeks up over the jagged peaks to the east. Fortunately the airship is moving away from you as it climbs into the sky, but is soon followed by a handful of others. From what you can make out of the aero-flotilla, it is made up of a cruiser-class aero-vessel and it's escorts heading eastwards in formation.

As the flotilla moves away, the earth tremor and distant rumbling noise return.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Let's track those airships. Get vantage points to map their location and possible destination."

It is obvious that Crowley completely disregards the severity of the "earthquake".

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 3
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shackles
Round 0

“I would guess that was the opening and closing of bay doors to let the ships out,” Penelope said, watching the aero-flotilla drift away. “It must be in the cliff face.” She looked toward the cave to be sure no one was coming out that exit to catch them out on the cliffside, while also trying to keep an eye on the ships that just left.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm
Crusor_Peter45 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 am
@Aleister Crowley ”this isn’t the right location” he looked at Crowley before looking back at the cave. “I’m still want to see if I can’t infiltrate the facility, it might have intel on where the main one is”
"We need to take precautions, but additional intel is warranted."

"Malloy. How quickly could we evac? Hawthorne needs to arrive at dusk or dawn. There is a sufficient landing zone nearby."

“What about ventilation shafts? If it’s a giant bunker in there it’s going to need large ventilation shafts. In theory large enough for a person”

User avatar
stormwell
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope Lane wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:52 am
“I would guess that was the opening and closing of bay doors to let the ships out,” Penelope said, watching the aero-flotilla drift away. “It must be in the cliff face.”
"Aye, that would be me guess." Malloy concurred, then jerked a thumb at the 'cave'. "Reckon that must be an auxiliary entrance, used fer small craft rather than using the big doors."

"Wot am I calling fer sir?" Asked Malloy. "Evac or reinforcements?"

Note To Players

To determine where the pirate aero-flotilla is heading, make a Notice roll and then a Common Knowledge roll. Failure on the Notice roll will incur a -1 penalty on the Common Knowledge roll, each raise on the Notice roll grants +1 to the latter roll.

You also need to decide what you're doing regarding the pirate base.

Evacuating the entire team?

Calling in reinforcements and leading an assault?

Just letting the RAF deal with the whole thing?

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Crowley is evaluating the daprting flotilla. "Seems they are leaving in a hurry."

"
Common Knowledge 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
"

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”