Operation FOXCHASE

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm
"Malloy. How quickly could we evac? Hawthorne needs to arrive at dusk or dawn. There is a sufficient landing zone nearby."
"Sir." Malloy nodded and went to operate the radio set, then hesitated. "Wait, is that an...earthquake?"

There is noticeable tremor in the ground beneath your feet and a distant rumbling sound, both of which that cease after a few moments. Then there is a droning sound, faint at first but grows louder until an airship peeks up over the jagged peaks to the east. Fortunately the airship is moving away from you as it climbs into the sky, but is soon followed by a handful of others. From what you can make out of the aero-flotilla, it is made up of a cruiser-class aero-vessel and it's escorts heading eastwards in formation.

As the flotilla moves away, the earth tremor and distant rumbling noise return.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Let's track those airships. Get vantage points to map their location and possible destination."

It is obvious that Crowley completely disregards the severity of the "earthquake".

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 3
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shackles
Round 0

“I would guess that was the opening and closing of bay doors to let the ships out,” Penelope said, watching the aero-flotilla drift away. “It must be in the cliff face.” She looked toward the cave to be sure no one was coming out that exit to catch them out on the cliffside, while also trying to keep an eye on the ships that just left.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm
Crusor_Peter45 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 am
@Aleister Crowley ”this isn’t the right location” he looked at Crowley before looking back at the cave. “I’m still want to see if I can’t infiltrate the facility, it might have intel on where the main one is”
"We need to take precautions, but additional intel is warranted."

"Malloy. How quickly could we evac? Hawthorne needs to arrive at dusk or dawn. There is a sufficient landing zone nearby."

“What about ventilation shafts? If it’s a giant bunker in there it’s going to need large ventilation shafts. In theory large enough for a person”

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope Lane wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:52 am
“I would guess that was the opening and closing of bay doors to let the ships out,” Penelope said, watching the aero-flotilla drift away. “It must be in the cliff face.”
"Aye, that would be me guess." Malloy concurred, then jerked a thumb at the 'cave'. "Reckon that must be an auxiliary entrance, used fer small craft rather than using the big doors."

"Wot am I calling fer sir?" Asked Malloy. "Evac or reinforcements?"

Note To Players

To determine where the pirate aero-flotilla is heading, make a Notice roll and then a Common Knowledge roll. Failure on the Notice roll will incur a -1 penalty on the Common Knowledge roll, each raise on the Notice roll grants +1 to the latter roll.

You also need to decide what you're doing regarding the pirate base.

Evacuating the entire team?

Calling in reinforcements and leading an assault?

Just letting the RAF deal with the whole thing?

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Crowley is evaluating the daprting flotilla. "Seems they are leaving in a hurry."

"
Common Knowledge 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
"

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 4
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Common Knowledge 2
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shackles
Round 0

Penelope looked in the direction the pirates were heading, but she couldn’t figure out what they were up to. “Why don’t we see if we can sneak in and see the base while we wait for reinforcements?” she suggested. “If they’ve left, how many are left in the base?”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Your best guess on the flotilla's course is that it's heading due east. Whilst admittedly the flotilla could turn and attack either along the Alyeskan coastline or the air route from the Home Isles, keeping the heading would take them straight to Coalition territory.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

stormwell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Your best guess on the flotilla's course is that it's heading due east. Whilst admittedly the flotilla could turn and attack either along the Alyeskan coastline or the air route from the Home Isles, keeping the heading would take them straight to Coalition territory.
Crowley judges the course direction of the flotilla to that of his maps.

"Malloy. Prepare to copy and relay."

"Message to Hawthorne and Collins."

"Flotilla en route to Coalition. Prepare accordingly."

"Landing Team Status: Casualties sustained. One Dead. Wounded Stable."

"Back door located. Surveillance Yes. Sabotage Likely."

"Requests. MedEvac Immediately. Reinforcements ASAP. Extraction Plan No Change."

"End Transmission."




"Malloy. Man comms and stay secreted away."

to @Crusor_Peter45 and @Penelope Lane

"First priority is more secure location. That hangar has got to have a place where we can secure and move the wounded where they will be out of sight and danger."

"Second priority is locating more exact details where the flotilla is headed."

"Nuetralize any threat. Lethal force if necessary."

"Once we have the extent of the base, we will decide on our next set of actions and plans."

"Questions? Concerns?"

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor merely readied his weapon “Should I scout ahead while you prepare the wounded?” He looked to the bunker before he looked back to the sergeant. “I’d also be glad to start knocking heads to warm them up if you’d like”

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Shackles
Round 0

“We also have to assume they left someone in the base,” Penelope said. “Maintenance crew at the least, if not some basic security. We could move the wounded into the cave, but I don’t know how long term that is viable. Not too hidden, though more shelter from the elements. I’ll take a look at the door, see if I can get it to open.”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:51 pm
"Malloy. Prepare to copy and relay."

"Message to Hawthorne and Collins."

"Flotilla en route to Coalition. Prepare accordingly."

"Landing Team Status: Casualties sustained. One Dead. Wounded Stable."

"Back door located. Surveillance Yes. Sabotage Likely."

"Requests. MedEvac Immediately. Reinforcements ASAP. Extraction Plan No Change."

"End Transmission."
Malloy nodded and set about tapping out the message, then waited a few minutes until he got a reply. "Sir, message acknowledged. Help is two hours out."

"We're to secure our current location and gather intel on the base, though avoid engagements if possible."

When Penelope checks the door in the 'cave', surprisingly it isn't secured and opens easily enough. On the other side of the door is a tunnel that reaches a short distance into the mountain and appears to end in a much larger cavern. There is a distant, feeble glow and there is the noise similar to a workshop or factory but it seems minute somehow.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Shackles
Round 0

“It’s open,” Penelope reported to the others as she slid the door in the cave open. There was a tunnel leading to a larger cavern and a feeble glow and sounds of a workshop. ”So we have two hours. Keep the channel open and let us know when reinforcements arrive.” She started to head carefully down the short tunnel to get a look at the larger cavern.
Stealth 4
Stealth 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley pats @Penelope Lane on the shoulder. "Nicely done Ms. Lane"

" @Crusor_Peter45 Mr. Crusor if you will lead please. Ms. Lane and then I will follow."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter throws a thumbs up before he readies his shield and pistol. He quickly but smoothly moves into the door way

Notice check
1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8
1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8

Stealth
1d6: [4] = 4
1d10: [8] = 8

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

The 'cavern' led through to a hanger/workshop area where there were a handful of aircraft; some fighters and a couple of gyro-carriers. Tools were left laying around and some fuel barrels lined one wall. At the far end of this area was a balcony that overlooked a gigantic chamber carved out of the mountain and home to a handful of skyships. Only a couple of escort class aero-vessels were present, by the look of things they were undergoing some work. Though the facilities present and the space showed that the vast chamber could accommodate round half a dozen or so skyships with ease.

Here could be seen the vast metal hanger doors you heard earlier, great big slabs of metal that looked like they slid open via the use of some heavy machinery. Above all was the faded flag of the Kingdom of Tyland, a reminder of glory days for this secret base.

It was possible that the base could contain upwards of a few hundred, though thankfully it appeared only a fraction of personnel were about tending to various tasks.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley scans the air craft below. He notes which ones look older and more run down. He checks off various sizes and carrying capacities. He watches for those that the mechanics are leaving alone.
Academics 1d8!!: [7] = 7 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
.

"If we can find one in operating order we can use a fire to flush the mechanics out of the hangar."

As he explains he points to the fuel barrels and the large hangar doors near the balcony.

"We need one aircraft large enough to get us and the marines out of here."

"Distraction. Then possibly destruction. But certainly getting the hell out of here."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter glances over at Crowley “you do realize fire is gonna suck away all the oxygen. And in an enclosed space like this that seems very dangerous. Plus we have to get the hanger doors open as well...I suppose if we steal some air tanks...it could work.”

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 7
Notice 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Shackles
Round 0

“Tyland,” Penelope murmured, noting the flag. The place was huge. Did they really have that many skyships?

“Yes, we will need those doors opened,” Penelope agreed. “Where are the controls?”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

The majority of aircraft present were older Tylandish models dating from the Great Darmonican War, newer models tended to be Coalition ones or the odd one or two captured from other nations. Their size seemed to be consistent, all were small enough to fit through the tunnel from where you entered. The balcony bore a gap and short ramp big enough for a single aircraft, the crane above it suggested this might be where aircraft were off-loaded from airships to have work done in the hanger/workshop area where you currently are.

Glancing round the larger cavern there appears to be some sort of control facing the large metal doors, nestled upon gantries and an exposed stairwell. There is a light you inside but you cannot easily tell if it is currently occupied.

Other things of note are all the signs that appear to be in Tylandish and Tylandish markings on crates that appear to be over a decade old, though items marked with the Coalition seem to be much newer.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley's eyes settle on the control room and then over to the crane. "Time for some mechanical espionage."

"That crane can wreck the planes in here sufficiently so they won't fly."

"Leave one of the planes near the tunnel intact."

"The control room will give us access to the doors from whence we came."

"Avoid contact as much as possible. Anyone that gets in your way. Kill'em."

"Any questions?"

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Stealth 7
Stealth 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Shackles
Round 0

Penelope nodded to Crowley. She pulled her firebolt pistol and started to creep toward the control console. No need to make noise by starting shooting right away if they could get there unnoticed -- or at least as far as they could before they got noticed.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”