Operation HARE

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Penelope Lane wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:27 pm
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“When are such deliveries usually made?” Penelope asked. “We want to arouse as little suspicion as possible. If moving him during the day is better, we can do that, too. Is there a pub in the area to use as an excuse to be in the neighborhood where Hare is?”

Penelope looked to Crowley. “We’ll want an empty barrel to load Hare in, preferably loaded toward the front of the truck’s cargo space so that getting to it to inspect would be a hassle for anyone nosing around.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
@stormwell
Crowley nods at Ms. @Penelope Lane's suggestions.

"Corbec, how close is Hare to the airfield here?"

"There was some consideration of disguising Hare when leaving his Hole. Also we could leave a decoy behind who may be able to either pickup later or who may leave out from the Hole on his own."

"As to Ms. Lane's indication of our plan, she does make a valid point that we don't know Lurcher. So extracting him will be an after thought, if we can get Hare, then we can consider going back for Lurcher."

"Our security team (@Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa) should be back shortly. Hopefullywe have some details on the recent survellience."

Crowley goes silent for a moment, trying to piece together from nearby sounds, whether Jackson @PeteRPG and/or Crusor @Crusor_Peter45 are nearby."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor looks down at @Aleister Crowley. Not realizing that his sergeant is wondering where he is. It didn’t help that human instinct rarely has humans notice things above them. That and the fact he wasn’t moving about much.

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

From what @Gerald Blissett could make out, the two man discussed returning to somewhere called the Adler. Though from the tone it was possible they were talking about a hotel presumably within the city. As for the cigarette packet itself, both Gerald and @Manny Costa were able to spy that it appeared to be a cheap Sodkan brand.



"Deliveries are usually made early morn." Answered Corbec. "Theres a couple in the area, aye."

"Say 'bouts half an hour at most." He replied in response to Crowley's question. "Perhaps a good five, maybe ten minutes less if the roads are clear."

User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny frowns at the cigarette package.

"What do you think @Gerald Blissett," he said quietly. "Do we keep after them? Or should I just 'interrogate' them in an alleyway?"

Manny gave a wide grin with this last question, indicating his desire to rough them up.

User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald furrowed his brow, considering their options. It was clear that @Manny Costa was eager to get his hands dirty, and Gerald didn't feel confident about being able to hold him back if he was determined ...

"It sounds like they are talking about returning to a hotel somewhere ... the 'Adler' ... if I'm right, and they've already made us as more than whiskey traders, then we probably shouldn't let them get to wherever they are going without finding out who they are first. They could be working with HARE, but it seems more likely that they are looking to intercept them ... assuming I haven't gotten this entirely wrong. Hell's teeth, I'm more comfortable flying than I am trying to sort out this subterfuge.

"If you're sure you can take them, we should try to stop them and find out who they are."


A knot was forming in Gerald's gut. He was afraid that if they cornered these men they wouldn't be able to let them walk away from the encounter, and he felt fairly sure that they would feel the same about Costa and himself. This felt like a bad way to start the ground operation, but the only other option seemed to be to wait for the two men to report to whoever they were working with. He took a deep breath and nodded to Costa,

"Alright, I'll follow your lead. Let's try to do this quietly, and be ready to get away fast if things go bad."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

@stormwell - I am spending a benny for narrative purposes.
Security
I realize that I forget to discuss the details behind security.
The text below would have been the details delivered to those on security detail.
"As this is a very covert mission, security is responsible for nuetralizing threats. Threats to our mission, our identities, and our overall safety."

"Exercise caution but deal with potential threats swiftly."

"Use your best judgement."
@Gerald Blissett & @Manny Costa
"Corbec, what deliveries have you been making. General goods or specific delivieries?"

User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny twirled the corner of his moustache with a wry grin.

"Well, my Sodkan isn't that good. In fact, I know about a dozen or so words and that's it. The way I see it, they think something is up and they're probably going to tell someone important about us. They can't do that if they are 'unexpectedly detained' for some reason."

Manny paused for a moment, then continued, "Let's close in on them, @Gerald Blissett. Get them to step off the main street, just out of sight. Maybe we come in with some ruse. Like we're lost or looking for someone. We see what they say and then we make sure they are out of commission for a bit, yeah? What do you think? I mean, you'll have to do most of the talking."

PeteRPG
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Realising he was neither use nor ornament stood out here on his own by the truck, Jackson popped open the drivers door and pulled himself in to the cabin.

He flipped the sun visor down looking for the key to start this thing. He wanted to pull the truck round to the loading doors of the Ravener.

If he couldn't find them he could always jack the ignition he thought. Wouldn't be the first time.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope considered. “Okay, a couple hours before sun up,” she said. “Maybe four in the morning? Early enough to be a delivery come a bit too early, but still have the cover of darkness. We load Hare into the barrel and get out. If anyone asks, we’re just a delivery waiting for the pub contact to open; we got there too early. We can get the names of the pubs in the area and work up some delivery orders that look real.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Crusor continued to provide over watch from the ship. Which might have been a bad idea because when push came to shove he likely wouldn’t be able to shoot a darn thing from up here

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

For @Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa the matter seemed to be answered for them as the two Sodkan men reached a nearby tram stop and boarded the waiting tram along with the rest of the crowd.


When Jackson tried the ignition the engine made an alarming choking noise but thankfully caught and ran, though perhaps not as smoothly as anyone wished.


"This and that." Corberc answered in response to @Aleister Crowley's question. "It pays to keep my options open with regards to getting work."

"Though there are a couple of pubs in the area."


"You...alright mate?" A puzzled crewman asked when he climbed up to where Crusor was and found the spot already occupied. "If it's fine with you, I've gots to check the navigation lights."

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Corbec, are there any pubs in proximity to HARE?"

"Are you prepared for any other deliveries tomorrow morning?"

PeteRPG
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson smiled as the truck coughed into life, the engine shaking and grumbling awake. He swung the the vehicle around and headed over to the Ravener.

As he pulled alongside the cargo doors he pumped the horn.

"Let's sell some whiskey" he shouted through the cabin window.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”