Operation HARE

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Penelope Lane wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:27 pm Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“When are such deliveries usually made?” Penelope asked. “We want to arouse as little suspicion as possible. If moving him during the day is better, we can do that, too. Is there a pub in the area to use as an excuse to be in the neighborhood where Hare is?”

Penelope looked to Crowley. “We’ll want an empty barrel to load Hare in, preferably loaded toward the front of the truck’s cargo space so that getting to it to inspect would be a hassle for anyone nosing around.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
@stormwell
Crowley nods at Ms. @Penelope Lane's suggestions.

"Corbec, how close is Hare to the airfield here?"

"There was some consideration of disguising Hare when leaving his Hole. Also we could leave a decoy behind who may be able to either pickup later or who may leave out from the Hole on his own."

"As to Ms. Lane's indication of our plan, she does make a valid point that we don't know Lurcher. So extracting him will be an after thought, if we can get Hare, then we can consider going back for Lurcher."

"Our security team (@Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa) should be back shortly. Hopefullywe have some details on the recent survellience."

Crowley goes silent for a moment, trying to piece together from nearby sounds, whether Jackson @PeteRPG and/or Crusor @Crusor_Peter45 are nearby."
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor looks down at @Aleister Crowley. Not realizing that his sergeant is wondering where he is. It didn’t help that human instinct rarely has humans notice things above them. That and the fact he wasn’t moving about much.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

From what @Gerald Blissett could make out, the two man discussed returning to somewhere called the Adler. Though from the tone it was possible they were talking about a hotel presumably within the city. As for the cigarette packet itself, both Gerald and @Manny Costa were able to spy that it appeared to be a cheap Sodkan brand.



"Deliveries are usually made early morn." Answered Corbec. "Theres a couple in the area, aye."

"Say 'bouts half an hour at most." He replied in response to Crowley's question. "Perhaps a good five, maybe ten minutes less if the roads are clear."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny frowns at the cigarette package.

"What do you think @Gerald Blissett," he said quietly. "Do we keep after them? Or should I just 'interrogate' them in an alleyway?"

Manny gave a wide grin with this last question, indicating his desire to rough them up.
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald furrowed his brow, considering their options. It was clear that @Manny Costa was eager to get his hands dirty, and Gerald didn't feel confident about being able to hold him back if he was determined ...

"It sounds like they are talking about returning to a hotel somewhere ... the 'Adler' ... if I'm right, and they've already made us as more than whiskey traders, then we probably shouldn't let them get to wherever they are going without finding out who they are first. They could be working with HARE, but it seems more likely that they are looking to intercept them ... assuming I haven't gotten this entirely wrong. Hell's teeth, I'm more comfortable flying than I am trying to sort out this subterfuge.

"If you're sure you can take them, we should try to stop them and find out who they are."


A knot was forming in Gerald's gut. He was afraid that if they cornered these men they wouldn't be able to let them walk away from the encounter, and he felt fairly sure that they would feel the same about Costa and himself. This felt like a bad way to start the ground operation, but the only other option seemed to be to wait for the two men to report to whoever they were working with. He took a deep breath and nodded to Costa,

"Alright, I'll follow your lead. Let's try to do this quietly, and be ready to get away fast if things go bad."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

@stormwell - I am spending a benny for narrative purposes.
Security
I realize that I forget to discuss the details behind security.
The text below would have been the details delivered to those on security detail.
"As this is a very covert mission, security is responsible for nuetralizing threats. Threats to our mission, our identities, and our overall safety."

"Exercise caution but deal with potential threats swiftly."

"Use your best judgement."
@Gerald Blissett & @Manny Costa
"Corbec, what deliveries have you been making. General goods or specific delivieries?"
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny twirled the corner of his moustache with a wry grin.

"Well, my Sodkan isn't that good. In fact, I know about a dozen or so words and that's it. The way I see it, they think something is up and they're probably going to tell someone important about us. They can't do that if they are 'unexpectedly detained' for some reason."

Manny paused for a moment, then continued, "Let's close in on them, @Gerald Blissett. Get them to step off the main street, just out of sight. Maybe we come in with some ruse. Like we're lost or looking for someone. We see what they say and then we make sure they are out of commission for a bit, yeah? What do you think? I mean, you'll have to do most of the talking."
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Realising he was neither use nor ornament stood out here on his own by the truck, Jackson popped open the drivers door and pulled himself in to the cabin.

He flipped the sun visor down looking for the key to start this thing. He wanted to pull the truck round to the loading doors of the Ravener.

If he couldn't find them he could always jack the ignition he thought. Wouldn't be the first time.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope considered. “Okay, a couple hours before sun up,” she said. “Maybe four in the morning? Early enough to be a delivery come a bit too early, but still have the cover of darkness. We load Hare into the barrel and get out. If anyone asks, we’re just a delivery waiting for the pub contact to open; we got there too early. We can get the names of the pubs in the area and work up some delivery orders that look real.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Crusor continued to provide over watch from the ship. Which might have been a bad idea because when push came to shove he likely wouldn’t be able to shoot a darn thing from up here
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

For @Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa the matter seemed to be answered for them as the two Sodkan men reached a nearby tram stop and boarded the waiting tram along with the rest of the crowd.


When Jackson tried the ignition the engine made an alarming choking noise but thankfully caught and ran, though perhaps not as smoothly as anyone wished.


"This and that." Corberc answered in response to @Aleister Crowley's question. "It pays to keep my options open with regards to getting work."

"Though there are a couple of pubs in the area."


"You...alright mate?" A puzzled crewman asked when he climbed up to where Crusor was and found the spot already occupied. "If it's fine with you, I've gots to check the navigation lights."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Corbec, are there any pubs in proximity to HARE?"

"Are you prepared for any other deliveries tomorrow morning?"
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson smiled as the truck coughed into life, the engine shaking and grumbling awake. He swung the the vehicle around and headed over to the Ravener.

As he pulled alongside the cargo doors he pumped the horn.

"Let's sell some whiskey" he shouted through the cabin window.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Time Check
How much time is there between now and when Corbec would start his usual deliveries?
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looked over at @Gerald Blissett .

"Looks like they're going somewhere we shouldn't follow. That train would take us too far from the rest of the team. But I don't trust that they won't somehow tip someone off. Let's head back to the team and see what the situation is and when we can get out of here."
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter looked up at the maintenance personnel. He could have said something like “oh yes of course why don’t I help you” or “I’m providing overwatch for our forces on the dock” or really anything besides staring quietly and blankly at the man before him. His focus so diverted that his eyes pierced the very soul of the maintainer more than they actually looked at him
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald nodded in agreement with @Manny Costa. Letting the two men get away would almost certainly bring more complication and danger to the mission, but he felt relieved that he didn't have to try to deal with this situation away from the rest of the team.

"You're right, we should get back. At least we know that someone might be onto us, and we have the name of the hotel, the Adler. Maybe our contact at the docks knows something."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:58 pm "Corbec, are there any pubs in proximity to HARE?"

"Are you prepared for any other deliveries tomorrow morning?"
"Aye, theres a couple." Corbec answered. "Owner of one of 'em I'm on good terms with."

"Admittedly I've got a pretty empty slate...for obvious reasons...so pretty flexible in that regard."
PeteRPG wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:13 pm Jackson smiled as the truck coughed into life, the engine shaking and grumbling awake. He swung the the vehicle around and headed over to the Ravener.

As he pulled alongside the cargo doors he pumped the horn.

"Let's sell some whiskey" he shouted through the cabin window.


"Hey! Go easy on the clutch!" Corbec calls out, before turning to Crowley. "Guess we're loading up now?"



Crusor_Peter45 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:13 am Peter looked up at the maintenance personnel. He could have said something like “oh yes of course why don’t I help you” or “I’m providing overwatch for our forces on the dock” or really anything besides staring quietly and blankly at the man before him. His focus so diverted that his eyes pierced the very soul of the maintainer more than they actually looked at him
"Okay then..." Muttered the crewman. "I'll be off then."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope nodded. “Load up the whiskey, boys,” she said. “Remember to put an empty barrel in there we can hide the hare in.” She looked at Corbec. “Give me the name of the pub and owner and I’ll get a bill of sale forged up,” she told him. “We’ll go tonight.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny came walking back in, seeing all of the activity.

"What's all the hub-bub about?" he asked the the rest of the crew in genera.

Then, seeing that barrels were being loaded up, he added, "Are we moving on this right now? There might be a complication."
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Having killed the engine, Jackson jumped down from the cabin of the lorry.

What do you know @Manny Costa. he asked.

Did you catch up with those guys ?
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter looked at the crewman and simply replied “right” or that’s what he wanted to do but instead he merely didn’t say anything and instead went down to help with the whiskey.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"We followed those guys. Until they got on the train." Manny said quickly. "My Sodkan is... not good... But They mentioned something about the Adler. Honestly @Gerald Blissett can probably explain it better. But the point is, I think they were on to us following them and I don't trust that they won't share that information with others."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley follows @Penelope Lane and Corbec.

Upon reaching Jackson @PeteRPG and over-hearing @Manny Costa and @Gerald Blissett reports, Crowley nods his head.

"Gents. Part of the mission is compromised, yes."

Flipping his notebook open, Crowley jots some notes and makes some quick calculations.

"We proceed with our plans. Corbec's vehicle will suffice. No need for disguising it."

"Corbec provides us a knowledge of the streets and covers into and out of the city."

"Jackson, we need you to forge some more documents. Get with Ms. Lane and Corbec for details."

Speaking up louder so that @Crusor_Peter45 can hear him, "Crusor we need you to do some recon and look at some maps. You will be staying behind after pickup of HARE. Knowing your way back will be crucial."

"Ms. Lane, you will be riding along in the cab with Corbec. Handle all the negotiations with the deliveries."

"We need to leave enough space for @Gerald Blissett & @Manny Costa to ride on the back of the truck. They will be the muscle for unloading and security."

"The Ravener flight crew will secure the Ravener and the landing zone."

@stormwell "Corbec, what do you know about the Alder?"

"Jackson and I may need to scope out the trouble there."

"Questions? Concerns?"
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Got it,” Penelope replied to Crowley. She looked over at Jackson. “We need some bills of sale made up for the whiskey to pubs in the area where Hare is being held,” she explained to him. “Shouldn’t be too difficult. They just need to pass inspection in case we are questioned as to why we are on the street that early in the morning.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"The Adler?" Replied Corbec. "Used to be a real fancy joint long ago, before the recent war....so a good forty years ago."

"Tis a hotel on Weit Strasse, though worse the wear after being used as billets during the war." Corbec explained. "Lowered it's standards to cater for travelling merchants and the like rather than the more upper crust of society."

"Manageress is an absolute terror though."
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor was glad to finally have something to do. He practically flew out of the entrance and down the ramp. Actually forgetting to actually ask where he was suppose to be going, although he’s a perspective kid, he’ll probably figure something out.

Eventually his scouting lead to him searching for a beggars corner. A little spare change could easily get him some mostly quality eyes to aid him
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope stopped Crusor before he left. “Take a radio, and back up. Keep an eye on that hotel for those two men that were interested in us. If they move, let us know, and follow them. If they’re getting close to our position, let us know. We’ll radio you when we’re safely back to the docks so you can hurry back, and we can get out of here.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley watched as @Crusor_Peter45 left.

Stepping close to Ms. Lane, "I will go as the stand in for HARE once we do the pickup. Then meet up with Crusor and head back here."
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

As @Crusor_Peter45 hits the streets, it becomes increasingly clear that there are regular patrols of the local Artian police. The uniformed officers appear to stop and question people, seemingly demanding to see papers which people meekly hand over.

Action Required
Please make a Stealth roll.



For the rest of the team it is a matter of hurry up and wait, finish making the final preparations and then moving out at the agreed hour under the cover of darkness. Corbec drives the truck at a steady speed through the nighttime streets, empty save for alley cats and a chilly breeze under a clear but moonless sky. As you round a corner Corbec curses and brings the truck to a screeching halt, ahead lies a roadblock manned by Artian policemen.

Note to Players
Up to you guys how you want to handle this; try diplomacy, try stealth, find a different route or bash your way through the roadblock.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Is that normal?” Penelope asked, eying the road block. “Is there another way around?” She eyed the empty streets. “Maybe park the truck near here and take alleys on foot? How far away are we from where we need to be?”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson fished out the paperwork he had cobbled together.

"We fooled one set of officials earlier. I say we try again"

Happy to go with the group in terms of how you want to play this. I'll make a thievery roll now though if we do try and blag it.

Thievery. 1d8+1: [5]+1 = 6 Wild die. 1d6: [6] = 6 Wild explodes 1d6!!: [5] = 5
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Hearing the conversation from the cab of the lorry, Gerald loosened his revolver in its holster under his coat to make sure it was ready while simultaneously hoping he wouldn't need to use it. He knew that if he had to draw the weapon, it would mean almost certain failure of the mission and poor odds of himself and the others escaping. He eyed @Manny Costa next to him, crammed in among the whiskey barrels as well as the one "rabbit trap" he'd prepared earlier to see how he was handling the tension.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Stealth roll 8
OOC Comments

1d10: [8] = 8
1d6: [1] = 1
Crusor made his way through the streets, ducking and weaving through the less observant patrols. Before he started to search for someone who would be informative for a reasonable amount of cash

Notice 5
OOC Comments
1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3
1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny clenched his teeth and slipped the brass onto his fist out of habit. He glanced over at @Gerald Blissett, gave a slight nod, and grinned. He didn't know what to expect next, but he was ready.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

For Crusor, it is mostly patrolling
Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
who seem oblivious to his presence as they eyed up the crowds. There are a handful of street vendors hawking their wares, ranging from food through to trinkets and matches with varying degrees of success.




At the roadblock, one of the policemen approaches the truck and challenges Corbec in Artian. Corbec replies in Artian and hands over Jackson's latest efforts which the policeman takes and
1d6!!: [3] = 3
. Seemingly satisfied, the Artian hands the papers back before shouting over to his comrades who then set about moving the roadblock.

Note to Players
For those who understand Artian the exchange is the policeman asking Corbec's business and Corbec replies that he is making a delivery.

Those hiding in the back of the truck need to make a Stealth....with a +2 bonus.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny squeezes back as far as he can to hide behind the barrels, hoping for the best.

Stealth: 1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald leaned back into the shadows cast by the barrels and canvas covering of the lorry bed.

Stealth: 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope flashed the police officer that checked their papers a pretty smile. “Thank you, Officer,” she said in Artian. “What seems to be all the fuss?” She waved in the general direction of the road block.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson did his best to look non plussed and bored as the official studied his paperwork. Dispute this, he couldn't help cracking a small smile as the documents were handed back to Corbec. He rubbed a hand over his chin to mask the grin.

Jackson couldn't fully understand what the men were saying to each other but he could tell from the tone that they were ok.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The Artian policeman stops by the canvas for a
Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3
, then strolls back over to the roadblock. Once the barrier is moved, the truck is then waved through and the barrier replaced once the truck has driven past. The policeman resumed their posts, though some had clustered round a lit brazier to try and fend off the night's chill.

Corbec eyed the policemen through the wing mirror as the truck rolled along the street. "That was...easy."

"Well easier than expected, just surprised we didn't get much in the way of hassle."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny whispers over to @Gerald Blissett "Sounds like we got through, yeah?"

Then nervously squeezes his brass knuckles in his fist.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Okay, so far so good,” Penelope said, breathing a little easier as they made it through the roadblock. “Let’s head to the pick up location. Nice and steady. No need to draw attention to ourselves.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor try to spot the truck as early as he could from just outside of the pickup location. He was also trying to remain as unnoticeable at the same time which hopefully wouldn’t complicate things too much.

Notice roll +2 due to alertness reduces the -2 due to multi action
OOC Comments
1d6: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6: [1] = 1
Stealth -2 multi action
OOC Comments
1d10: [10] = 10
Wild 1d6: [5] = 5
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope Lane wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 am“Okay, so far so good,” Penelope said, breathing a little easier as they made it through the roadblock. “Let’s head to the pick up location. Nice and steady. No need to draw attention to ourselves.”
"Ya don't need ta tell me twice lass!" Corbec said, shifting up a gear as the roadblock fell away into the distance behind the truck. He drove for another half hour or so, turning into various streets seemingly at random and even appearing to double back on the route he'd already driven. At last the truck squeals to a halt in a modesty sized courtyard, surrounded on three sides by moulding tenant blocks and the back of a tavern on the fourth. Notable features of the town's skylines can still be seen including a
a Notice roll will reveal that you're a scant ten minutes from foot from the Air Docks where the Ravener is currently docked
.

@Crusor_Peter45 you notice the truck's arrival and recognise the team disembarking.

Glancing round the cold and empty courtyard, the only signs of life is a
and perhaps Crusor if you succeed on a Notice vs his Stealth of 10
. Corbec climbed out of the cab and points at one of the tenant blocks, then quietly says. "Third floor, apartment twenty-one. That's where Hare is located."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"I guess we're here. Let's have a look, yeah?"

Manny unfolds himself from his cramped position behind the barrels, pulls back the edge of the tarp and pokes his head out to look around and assess the current location.

Notice1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Die 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 4
Notice 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

As they parked in the courtyard, Penelope noted the closeness to the docks. That would be good, in case they needed to abandon the truck for some reason.

Penelope checked her fire bolt pistol and got out of the truck, making sure her weapon was covered by her long coat as she looked up at the tenement Corbec pointed out.

“Okay. Crowley and I will head up. Manny, come with as far as inside the door. Keep an eye on the vehicle, and listen for any commotion upstairs if we get into any trouble. We’ll radio down. Let’s get in and out and back on the road as quickly as possible.”

With that, Penelope headed into the building.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald followed @Manny Costa out of the back of the lorry, jumping down from the tailgate and absorbing the impact of the fall on his good leg. Straightening up, he swept his eyes around the courtyard and the city skyline above, then began rolling his shoulders, readying to unload the barrels.

Notice: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild die: 1d6!!: [4] = 4


Quietly, he whispered to @Manny Costa, "Well, that Corbec fella' doesn't lack for caution does he?", nodding up toward the silhouetted Ravener he continued, "we're barely half a mile from where we started. Still, I suppose he hasn't survived in this position this long without being paranoid."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny glanced up where @Gerald Blissett had motioned. Seeing nothing, he shrugged, nodded, and said, "Well, I guess I got work to do."

He stretched his arms out, cracked his knuckles, and followed @Penelope Lane and @Aleister Crowley to the building.
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter spotted the crew as he tried to maintain his cover. Although he did give a small nod to them, not realizing he hadn’t been noticed at all.

He continued to watch the court yard, and even tried to gain the attention of the alley cat to make himself seem more like a normal passerby. However the scratch across his face that the cat left him seemed to do a better job of making it seem like he wasn’t some kind of highly trained operative.
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson dropped down from the cabin and looked around the courtyard.

00201d600210022


Having avoided all manual labour so far he decided he had better help with the barrels. He walked down to the back of the truck to join @Manny Costa and @Gerald Blissett .
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Corbec leads the way into the tenant, along litter strewn floors and past grime coated walls. Here and there are faded posters half-peeling off the wall, closer inspection show these are old wartime propaganda posters dating back at least a decade. The building is mostly quiet save for the buzz of flickering electric lights and the whistling of the wind through broken glass panes. Your steps echo as you climb the hard, concrete stairs leading up to the third floor. Much like the rest of the building, the third floor is just as filthy and some of the apartments are even boarded up. Regardless, Corbec leads you to apartment twenty-one and unlocks the door before heading in.

The apartment is fairly spartan, though on the whole it is generally cleaner than the rest of the tenant block. It also appeared to be unoccupied, though Corbec simply walked over to a bookcase and rapped on it's back panel a few times. A moment past before an answering knock sounded, then a click before the bookcase swung open to reveal a doorway to the apartment next door.

There was also a woman anxiously pointing a pistol at said doorway on the other side.


Those remaining in the courtyard please make a Notice roll.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope followed Corbec into the building. She looked around the empty apartment until Corbec slid the secret door open, and revealed the access to the other room, and the woman holding the gun.

“Easy, now, ma’am,” Penelope said, holding her hands away from her own weapons. “We’re here to get you out, Hare. King.” She gestured to Crowley, using the passphrase. “Put the gun down. We have a truck waiting outside to take you to the docks and out of here.”
Persuasion 6
Persuasion 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny to reroll
Persuasion 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley had followed Corbec and Ms. Lane, with a hand on his pistol, only because empty buildings were far more suspicious to him than occupied. Much easier to tell what to expect from occupants of an occupied building.

Still keeping an eye on the back hall, he hears Ms. Lane stop as Corbec slid open the bookshelf door. Turning he is greeted by the the scene of woman there pointing the pistol.

Split seconds is all he has to
Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
.

Remembering that this scientist speaks Sodkan natively,
Work the Room (Persuassion) - Charismatic if needed
1st Persuassion 1d8!!: [5] = 5
2nd Persuasion 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
.

"Doctor O'Hare I presume. I am the Kingfisher."

"It is time to go. Hand the weapon to Ms. Lane." He points to his femal counterpart.

"Quickly now. We have a very tight window."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny follows the rest inside. He ducks his head when entering the doorway of the apartment and wrinkles his nose at the appearance inside.

As the bookcase swings open to reveal the woman holding the gun, he takes a quick step back, reflexively in hopes of getting to the periphery of her line of sight, and tenses himself, waiting for the gun shot.

When it seems that @Aleister Crowley is getting things under control, he eases up. But only slightly. He has his brass knuckles solidly in his fist and stands ready to rush in.
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

OOC Comments
00201d600210022
Wild die 1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3

Benny reroll
1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5
1d6+2: [4]+2 = 6
Dice rolls
1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald couldn't see exactly what was happening, but seeing Manny step back he stopped short and almost stumbled, trying to keep from running into his squad mate. He wanted anxiously to see what Hare would do in response to Crowley's instructions. His hand went to the pistol under his coat.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"Ah, more codenames." The woman replies in
language of the Commonwealth
with a slightly bemused tone. "Very well Kingfisher, you lead."

'Hare' lowers the pistol and then places it in a shoulder holster. "I go armed."


@Crusor_Peter45 you spy the two Sodkans from earlier that were briefly tailed by @Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa, trying to creep into the courtyard. You say that one of them has a SMG whilst the other carries what appears to be a rifle.

Curiously they seem more interested in the roofs than Corbec's truck.
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Athletics roll result 10-4=6
OOC Comments
1d6: [6] = 6
Ace 1d6: [4] = 4
1d4: [1] = 1
In one swift motion Peter quickly grabbed the cat and threw the poor angry creature into a long upward arc that ended it in the face of one which ever of the two Sodkans was closer.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Low Flying Feline
Rifle Guy (1) or SMG guy (2) 1d2: [1] = 1

Fighting 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Rifle Guy Spirit 1d6!!: [16!!] = 16
The rifle-toting Sodkan manages to keep his cool despite the sudden and unexpected case of a low flying feline, though he does curse in response. His partner gives him a hard shove and points at the surrounding roofs, something which the rifle-armed Sodkan simply nods and begins affixing a scope to his rifle before using it to scan the rooftops.
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

"What the f..."Jackson muttered as to his surprise a cat flew through the air and into the path of two men who had appeared in the courtyard without him noticing.

He turned to see where the cat had come from. Surely someone hadn't thrown it. He looked at Peter quizzically for a moment then shifted his gaze to where the armed men seemed to be focused. He pulled his gun.

Notice Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7 . Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley motions to @Gerald Blissett and @Manny Costa to take positions outside the apartment. Walking with Corbec, he leads the two women, 'Hare' and @Penelope Lane out of the apartment cautiously making sure that the bookshelf returns to its secure position.

He halts everyone with a raised hand when he hears the cat.
OOC Comments
Not sure if he heard the pair speaking Sodkan
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Walking toward the courtyard with @Manny Costa, Gerald stayed alert for any changes to the situation outside.

Notice: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild die: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
(trying to see if he hears the sound of the thrown cat and/or sees anything amiss when he gets to the door)

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

OOC Comments
Stealth 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Glancing at where the two Sodkans seemed to be focusing their attention, @PeteRPG Jackson spots movement on the rooftop of the building opposite to the tenant block that the rest of the team had entered. Amongst the roof gables and chimney stacks there appear to be some men, a few armed with rifles and at least one machine gun. Some of the men seemed to be carrying strange contraptions, though it's not clear whether the devices are weapons or something else.

What is clear is the men getting ready to lob hand grenades down into the courtyard.


"Trouble?" Corbec asks when @Aleister Crowley halts everyone with a raised hand.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Code name is the only name we know you by,” Penelope told Hare. “But if you like, I’m Penny.” She lowered her hands as the woman lowered her gun, and held out her hand to the woman. “And it’s fine if you go armed, as long as it isn’t pointed at us.”

They secured the hidden room and followed Crowley out into the corridor and down the stairs. There seemed to be something going on in the courtyard, and Crowley stopped them with a raised hand. Penelope stopped and pulled her firebolt pistol, ready for trouble.

Pulling Hare close, Penelope pointed out the waiting truck. “See the truck? When we say, you run for the truck and get in the back,” she told the woman. “We’ll take care of the trouble. Go to the back. There are some empty whiskey casks you can hide in.”
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 2/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"I knew this was too easy," Manny mumbled to himself as @Aleister Crowley gives a signal to stop.

He looks around to see what trouble might be this time.

Notice: Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild Die: Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Notice for Sodkan spoken
Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
"Screeching cat. Voices. Courtyard is quiet."

"I am guessing ambush. Someone followed us here or has had this location staked out."

"Corbec. Ms. Lane. Hare. @Penelope Lane" "Get to the truck and drive. Hit those deliveries and then redirect to the ship."

Turning back to Penny specifically. "Have the ship ready to go. Lift off two hours from now. With or without us. Take Mr. Jackson with you."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope looked at Crowley and nodded. “Yes, sir,” she said. “Be careful.” She didn’t want to leave the rest of her team, but they had a mission to fulfill.

Grabbing Hare’s hand, Penny headed rapidly toward the truck, trying to keep casual.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 2/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

@Manny Costa @Gerald Blissett @Padawan_GM1

Crowley doesn't wait for the ladies and Corbac to head out. He rushes to Costa and Blisett, "We move now gentlemen." He pushes past the two bigger men and heads to the left and seeks the shadows as much as ther are any.

@PeteRPG Crowley tries to make eye contact with Jackson, failing to he shouts."Jackson, cover fire for transport! Make sure the shipment gets delivered!."

He thens checks to see what other activity is unfolding.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

@Aleister Crowley what the Sodkan said roughly translates along the lines of some creative cursing and insulting a feline's ancestry, obviously in an agitated tone.

Hearing Crowley shout, the two Sodkans start firing upon the opposite rooftop. In response, a hail of gunfire erupts from the rooftop and quickly fills the courtyard below with hot lead.

Suppressive Fire
Shooting 1d8!!: [15!!] = 15 Damage 2d8!!: [7, 14!!] = 21
@Crusor_Peter45 and @PeteRPG, both get hit and made Incapacitated. Thankfully you get +2 on all your rolls, pretty much everyone does.

Situation

The two Sodkans are firing at the opposite rooftop.

Said rooftop is returning fire with vengeance, Crusor and Jackson are both downed from the weight of fire. Gunmen on the rooftop are at -4 to hit from the ground, though this drops to a -2 if you seek a higher vantage point.

The cat has, rather sensibly, fled the scene.

Initiative

GM: Black Joker
Crowley: Red Joker
Crusor: Ace of Spades
Gerald: King of Spades
Jackson: Queen of Spades
Manny: Jack of Spades
Penelope: Ten of Spades
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Time seems to stand still for a second as Jackson readies himself to let off a shot at the figures on the roof. He starts to shout a warning at the others when a pain erupts in his shoulder and he is flung back.

Bennie spent. Soak roll. [roll] Vigour roll d6.: [1] = 1 [/roll]
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

OOC Comments
going to spend 2nd and final Bennie. ( I only get 2)
Vigour. 1d6: [5] = 5
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Wild Die Vigor Vigor wild die. 1d6!: [5] = 5
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Fireball pistol 1; Damage 8
-4 difficulty
Weird Science 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Damage 2d6!!: [4, 4] = 8
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 1

Penelope herded the Hare woman into the back of the truck. “In the back!” She indicated the back corner, where one of the barrels had its lid off. “Inside. You’ll be safer!”

Penelope turned and fired at the men on the roofs with her fire bolt pistol, but missed themen.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 19/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

@Manny Costa and @Aleister Crowley hear Gerald mutter under his breath, "I changed careers so I wouldn't keep getting into situations like this," then the sudden eruption of gunfire fills the entire world. Seeing the almost ruined lorry as well as @PeteRPG and @Crusor_Peter45 lying next to it, he stands frozen for what feels like minutes before deciding what to do.

Drawing his revolver, he leans down and also withdraws a nasty, narrow-bladed trench knife from his boot. He sights down the two Sodkans he and Manny had tailed earlier and begins advancing on them as fast as his bad leg allows, trying to keep his profile low to avoid the fire of the firing squad on the roof. He is determined to get into close-quarters with the two men on ground level, preferring to take his chances up close than with buckets of automatic fire from above. Maybe he can also help clear the way for @Penelope Lane and Hare this way. "Mistake not getting rid of these bastards earlier," he says as he fires two shots into the shorter, whiskered Sodkan with the SMG.
(Firing two shots, each at a -2 penalty)
Shot 1:
Shooting: 1d4!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Damage: Revolver Damage: 2d6!!: [2, 3] = 5

Shot 2:
Shooting: 1d4!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
(Benny to re-roll)
Shooting: 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die: 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3


He thinks one of the shots found its mark
OOC Comments
rolled a 5 for damage
but the second clearly impacts into the ground at the man's feet, sending fragments of stone and dust into the air. Hoping the smoking engine-block of the truck will offer some protection from the gunfire that is sure to be coming from above, he raises his knife and prepares to begin making things very personal.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny, preferring action over words, relishes the chance to finally give the Sodkans whatfor. Seeing @Gerald Blissett make his move, he springs into action. Judging from his motions, he's sure that they mean to close with the two Sodkans out in the open. Bolting after Gerald, he grins widely as he rushes forward, trying to keep low as he closes for the attack. Seeing Gerald take a shot at the shorter Sodkan, he opts for the larger one.

"Bigger they are, the more fun it is to make 'em fall." he grunts as he lays into his target.

Attack: Fighting 1d8!!: [2] = 2 Fighting Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5
On hit, damage= Brass Knuckles Damage 1d8!!+1d4!!: [5]+[3] = 8
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor barely holds onto consciousness as he looks down at the new wound. He presses down on it in an attempt to at least prevent him from bleeding out too fast, but his hands quickly start to shake from the pain.
OOC Comments
Since mechanically he’s incapacitated, I would assume there’s no real in game effect here. I’m just trying to participate at least a little bit
OOC Comments
Vigor
1d4: [2] = 2
1d6: [1] = 1
Last edited by Crusor_Peter45 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley is upset. The intel was incomplete. He has men down and they may need to hoof it out on foot.

Not one to lose his cool, he takes the opportunity to move on the lory. Working or not, still the best cover.

As he runs for cover he speaks in Artian to the group on the roof. "What do you want with these two baffoons?"

I forget
What is our native language?
Watching @Manny Costa and @Gerald Blissett take after the two Sodkans on the ground, Crowley takes an arm around @Penelope Lane as she has her right arm around Hare, and


Survival d8 +2 (for a MAP a d8 is better than a d4, imho) to evade incoming fire
Tenacious Survivalist +2
MAP -2
Survival 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
to get to the truck.

Having reached the truck, he can hear the feint grunts and groans from @PeteRPG Jackson and @Crusor_Peter45 Crusor. Shouting over the gunfire at the roof tops, "


Persuasion d8, Work the Room, and Charismatic - all prep for next round
MAP -2
Persuasion 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild 1d6!!-2: [13!!]-2 = 11

Work the Room
MAP -2
Persuasion 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Charismatic
Persuasion 1d8!!-2: [15!!]-2 = 13
?"

"You were supposed to provide protection while we moved, not shoot us as we moved."

"For God sakes man, sight that weapon in better."

"Or better yet, cease firing and let my men handle things."
Dice rolls
Persuasion 1d8!!: [6] = 6
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Native Language
@Aleister Crowley In answer to your question, Calbernian.
Jackon is badly wounded but still in the fight (1 Wound left, but still Shaken and suffering -2 penalties from wounds taken), Crusor just seems to be laying there (you doing a Soak Roll @Crusor_Peter45?).

The shorter Sodkan is more focused on the opposite rooftop and doesn't notice Gerald approaching until Gerald's round clips him. Gasping in pain, he gives Gerald an evil look and says in an accented voice. "Them on roof enemies, not us!"

The larger Sodkan grunts as Manny hits him and staggers back, though with a clearly unhappy look on his face. "You hit wrong guy!"

Corbec still appears to be in the tenant building.

Initiative Order, Round 2

Manny: Black Joker
Jackson: Ace of Spades
Gerald: Ace of Hearts
Penelop: Queen of Spades
GM: Queen of Diamonds
Crowley: Jack of Clubs
Crusor: Five of Hearts
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson had been shot before and it never failed to amaze him how much it hurt. Grunting in pain he opens fire at the figures on the rooftop whilst at the same time backing up towards the cockpit of the truck.

If he makes it he is going to get the engine started and try and get everyone out of here


SHOOT 1d8!: [1] = 1 ; WILD DIE 1d6!: [4] = 4


DAMAGE IF HIT 1d6!: [6!, 3] = 9


"All of you - I think we need to get out of here" he yells over the gunfire. He can't see if Hare in the truck ? .
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Firebolt pistol at roof shooters 10, Raise; 14 fire damage
-2 cover
Weird Science 1d8!!-2: [12!!]-2 = 10
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Raise Damage 3d6!!: [2, 4, 8!!] = 14
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 1

Penelope, in cover of the truck, returns fire to the roof with her fire bolt pistol. She hit one of them center mass with a burst of fire.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Hearing what the Sodkan says about the "wrong guy", Manny glances over at @Gerald Blissett.

I'm not getting paid enough for this kind of nonsense.

"You may not be my enemy, but I don't think you're my friend!" and he punches the Sodkan again.

Fighting 1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Brass Knuckle Damage 1d8!!+1d4!!+2: [3]+[3]+2 = 8

Worst cast, I take this guy out of the fight and grab the gun. I hate guns...
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

"For god's sake, @Manny Costa , lay off him for a minute! If they aren't trying to kill us for the moment, then let's deal with the bastards who are! You'll have plenty of time to rearrange his face later if we get out of here!"

Then, speaking in passable Sodkan to the two men, Gerald says, "Sorry friend, we thought you were working with them. Grab on and let's go, we can talk if we get out alive."

Persuasion to get @Manny Costa to stand down: 8
Persuasion: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die: 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
(-2 for multi-action penalty)

Re-rolling with a benny:
Persuasion re-roll: 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8
Wild Die re-roll: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1


Gerald then steps up onto the running board of the truck. Holding on to the frame of the truck with his left hand, he extends his arm over the cab and quickly fires a shot at the rooftops across the courtyard, but the shot impacts into the wall of the building well below the gunmen.

Shooting: 3 (miss)
Shooting: 1d4!!-6: [6!!]-6 = 0
Wild Die: 1d6!!-6: [9!!]-6 = 3
(-2 for multi-action penalty, -4 for cover from elevated position)

Damage: 2d6!!: [1, 3] = 4

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looks over at @Gerald Blissett and scowls.

"Well, if he's down he can't try to kill us later either!" he shouts. "You got lucky today, chief." he says to the Sodkan in front of him.

Holding the Sodkan by the front of his shirt still, he turns to Gerald and says, "So what now? Get to the truck?"
OOC Comments
Manny will interrupt his punch and look at Gerald, indicating that he's ready to make a break for it, dragging along the Sodkans if possible.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"To the truck or take out Corbec. We have been played."

"You want to go rounds with someone, do it with Corbec in the tennat housing. He killed our contact."

Crowley looks to help whomever needs a hand onto the truck.

@PeteRPG "Fire this hunk of junk up or lets get moving on foot."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

With a word from Crowley, a huge grin crawls across Manny's face.

"I'm on it, boss." he says in a tone that walks the line between fury and elation.

He drops the Sodkan he had been holding, turns, and makes his way over to find Corbec.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

@Manny Costa do a Notice roll to search for Corbec.

The shorter Sodkan simply nods and returns to firing his SMG at the opposite rooftop. Suppressive Fire Shooting 1d8!!: [2] = 2

The larger Sodkan also tries shooting, this time with his rifle. Shooting 1d8!!: [1] = 1

Everyone else in the courtyard who's not in cover (ie in the truck, etc) need to do an Agility roll or suffer 2d6 damage.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny hectically scans around, looking for Corbec and trying to stay out of the shooting.

Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson winced in pain as he pulled himself into the driver's seat of the truck. Hearing Crowley's shout to get moving was all the instruction he needed.

He flipped the ignition switch and pumped the gas.

He started to crawl forward, giving everyone time to get on board, before he hit the pedal and started to pick up speed. Putting some distance between the truck and the shooters on the roof he pointed the truck towards the courtyard exit.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

@Manny Costa it doesn't take you long to find Corbec as it turns out he's sheltering under the stairwell on the ground floor of the tenant building. In fact, he's peering out at the courtyard and nods as you approach. "Quite unhealthy outside eh?"

You can attempt another Notice or take some other action that fits for your character here.


Outside the truck splutters to life, though it's going to require some extended time in a workshop to fix up the paintwork and then some. Thankfully the two Sodkans appear to be drawing some of the fire from the rooftop, giving you some respite.

Those out in the courtyard need to a hearing based Notice roll please.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

FYI - Crowley is generally the last to act, due to his Cautious nature. I was waiting on @Penelope Lane @Padawan_GM1 @Gerald Blissett before posting.

Notice (Hearing) 1d6
Notice 11, sucess, raise
Notice 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 10
Notice 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 1

Penelope crouched in the back of the truck, covering Hare as their target crouched down in the empty barrel and sealed herself in.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny spots Corbec under the stairwell.

"You filthy little rat!" he says with his teeth clenched in a grimace. "You will pay for your treachery!"

He takes a
Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
around the area to make sure there aren't any more filthy, lying, rats with Corbec.

And then, without any other provocation, will
Fighting 1d8!!: [14!!] = 14 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Corbec square in the jaw with his
Knuckle Damage 1d8!!+1d4!!: [1]+[10!!] = 11
.
OOC Comments
(hoping I formatted the damage roll correctly)
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

"Final Call. All aboard" yelled Jackson but without much hope of being heard above the shooting.

He eased his foot down on the pedal and the truck began to pick up speed.

He wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing here, what if he was leaving someone behind.

His plan was to get out of the courtyard to safety. They could always go back in if they had left anyone there.
OOC Comments
assuming this doesn't need a drive roll still but let me know
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"Wot?! No! Tis not like that!" Corbec cries, putting his heads up defensively. "I'm a co-...."

Corbec didn't finish his sentence, rather it was prematurely ended by Manny's strike that sent the man flying and knocking him out cold.

Outside the two Sodkans continue to give covering fire as Jackson gets the truck moving.

Note to Players

Next bit I'll be doing as a Quick Encounter, so I need a roll from each of you for what you think works.

Driving is an obvious one along with Notice, plus I'll allow Repair and Shooting. Other skills can be used if you're creative with your reasoning and use.
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

As the truck begins to lurch forward Gerald notices that he has lost sight of @Manny Costa and calls out, "Costa, we're moving out, get on the truck, wherever you are!".

Still clinging to the truck cab, he feels the vibrations of the motor running up through his foot and shaking all his joints. Looking down, he sees fluid leaking from a cut line and thinks well, whatever this is, it isn't good. He rips a length of fabric from his coat and attempts to tie off the leaking line, hoping it will help keep the truck moving out of this death trap.
OOC Comments
4 on the repair roll, failure on hearing-based notice roll
Repair: 1d6!!; Wild die: 1d6!!: [4]+[2] = 6
I messed-up this roll - didn't mean for the dice roller to add the two together. Counting it as a "4" since that's the number that was rolled on the repair die.

Spending one benny to re-roll repair:
Repair: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
------------------------------------------
Hearing-based notice roll:
Notice: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Last edited by Gerald Blissett on Thu May 06, 2021 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
PeteRPG
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

As the truck accelerated every bump and jossle sent sharp pains through the bulletwound in Jacksons side.

Grimacing he points the truck at the entrance to the courtyard and tries to get them out of the shooting gallery.

1d8!: [4] = 4


Through the dusty windscreen Jackson tried to see if there are any other surprises.

1d8!+2: [6]+2 = 8
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Weird Science 7
Weird Science 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Standing in the back of the truck, Penelope surveyed the courtyard. She smiled and took aim with her fire bolt pistol at a pile of garbage. It was far enough away from the building not to catch the tenement on fire, but it should provide a good enough smoke screen to keep the bad guys from shooting at them as they made their getaway. And maybe bring in the local authorities to scare them off after Penelope and her team were long gone.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny grins with satisfaction at landing the punch.

"You deserved that, you rat fink."

Hearing @Gerald Blissett call out that the truck was leaving, he grabbed Corbet's unconscious heap, hefted it over his shoulder, and hustled out into the courtyard.

He saw the Sodkans continuing with the covering fire and it looked like someone had set fire to a pile of garbage. He gritted his teeth and made a
Athletics 1d8!!: [14!!] = 14 Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
for the truck, carrying the double-crossing traitor in a Fireman's Carry.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley remains stoic and unphased by the events. From his spot on the truck amongst the barrels, he pulls his pistol from it's holster. Not caring if his memory was accurate or not, he aims his shot at the roof of the assault team. Slate roofs are held in place precariously, if he can hit the anchor point, the whole roof should slide providing enough of a distraction for the team to get back to the airfield.

@stormwell Benny spent for narrative (slate roof tops)


Shooting 1d4 (I still think that military should have training at least a d6)
Untrained -2
MAP -2
Calculating +2


Shooting 3
Shooting 1d4!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

Once he has fired his calculated shot (and has not died) Crowley will attempt to navigate Jackson @PeteRPG back to the airfield with Survival.

Survival 1d8
Tenascious Survivalist +2
MAP -2
Calculating +2

Survival 7
Survival 1d8!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”