Operation HARE

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope's efforts are rewarded by the pile of garage bursting into flames, filling the courtyard with a smoky haze. One of the two Sodkans, seeing the intent, roll a smoke grenade towards the base of the building from which your assailants are poised.

The truck, meanwhile, gets going with some alarming noises and much protesting. Goes the truck does, though it is questionable whether it'll get you to the aero-docks. Though as the truck pulls out of the courtyard it drives into another group of enemies who'd been attempting to block the side street, they're surprised to see you as much as you are surprised to see them.

Another round of rolls!

Need somebody to do a Driving roll, then somebody else to Repair to keep the truck going. Rest of you can do a Combat roll (don't worry about damage) or a Notice roll to try and dodge the new group of enemies.

May the dice gods smile upon you.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Fire bolt 4
Weird Science 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Just when they thought they were getting clear, another truck tries to block them into the courtyard, firing at them as well. Penelope cursed and hung onto the back of the truck, leaning around to fire her fire bolt pistol at the new assailants to try and drive them out of their way.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Looking down from his tenuous perch on the running board, Gerald notices a bent piece of jagged steel threatening to puncture one of the tires. Holding on tight with one hand, he tries to pry and kick loose the offending piece of the truck body before it causes even more damage.

Repair: 5
Repair: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny just catches up with the truck as it lurches into motion. He tosses Corbec's unconscious body unceremoniously onto the back and hops in himself, his large frame causing a bounce and lurch of the whole vehicle.

"I got the rat fink!" he says with a grin. "But I suppose we'll deal with that later."

Seeing the new enemies in their way, Manny
Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2 Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1
for some way around the threat.
PeteRPG
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Give us a break will ya yells Jackson as another truck pops into view.

2 options are available to him and his foot hovers over the brake pedal for a second before he changes his mind switching from defensive to offensive.

His hand grabs the stick shift and he drops down a gear and floors the accelerator, wincing as the truck protests with a series of groans and creaks. There is still a chance to squeeze the truck through the courtyard entrance before the other vehicle blocks them in.

DRIVE 1d8!: [7] = 7 WILD DIE 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7


User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley is on the left side of the truck bed with @Crusor_Peter45, going in and out of consciousness. "Stay with me, Peter. I won't have your death be my first legitamate death I am responsible for."

He goes for applying pressure to stem the blood flow and looks up through the back window and through the front window at the second truck. Shouting over the straining vehicle, "Yes, @PeteRPG Jackson, shoot the gap."


Support Jackson Drive Skill with Persuassion
Persuassion 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor jerks upwards and grabs onto Crowley’s shoulder. The entire situation seemed thoroughly chaotic. He looked up at his sergeant for answers and after vaguely hearing something about a truck, he might his decision on what to do next. He let go of both the truck and Crowley’s shoulder and let the momentum of the truck slide him out of the bed.

It was a foolish idea especially since he had only just came to. But thinking before rushing in wasn’t exactly the kind of thing he did often. He sprinted up towards the truck, and went to slide over the hood of the vehicle as he planted a grenade. Instead his momentum stopped halfway and he slide off down the front and onto the grill.
OOC Comments

1d6-4: [4]-4 = 0
1d4-4: [4]-4 = 0
Ace 1d4: [1] = 1
Last edited by Crusor_Peter45 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Amidst a chorus of protesting squeals and other alarming noises from the truck, Jackson manages to drive though the rapidly closing gap like a rocket a hair's breath away from scraping the side of the already battered and bruised truck against the brick wall of the courtyard's entrance. From behind, you can hear angry shouts and the
Driving 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
as the latest batch of enemies attempt to hurriedly turn their own vehicle around to follow you. Much to your dismay, however, they succeed in this endeavour and are soon closing in on your tail.

Note to Players

This next bit will be done as a Chase, following the standard rules in SWADE (p.113).

I shall use Roll20 to do a Chase map with the cards, the bad guys start on Card 1 with you guys starting on Card 2.

Either take out the bad guy's truck or make it to the end of the Chase cards (9 in total).

Bad Guy's Actions
Shooting 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Damage 2d6!!+1: [4, 1]+1 = 6
Shooting 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Damage 2d6!!+1: [19!!, 4]+1 = 24 17 vs Corbec's Truck after Toughness, 4 Wounds inflicted. Vehicle is Wrecked.
Shooting 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Driving 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Moves along 1 Card.
@PeteRPG You don't seem to have Ace, so go straight to a Driving roll at -4 for Out of Control.

Image
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Firebolt Pistol 4
4 PP (Armor Piercing +1, Damage +2)
Weird Science 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Damage 23 AP 2
3d6!!: [8!!, 11!!, 4] = 23
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope fiddled with a few settings on her firebolt pistol, increasing the damage so it would pierce the natural armor of the truck. Then she aimed out the back, using the tailgate of the truck for cover as she fired flaming plasma at the windshield of the pursuing truck.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***

Medium cover: -4
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Hearing the fusillade puncture the few intact components of the truck, Gerald let out a roar of frustration that was cut short by the spectacular fireball that spewed from from @Penelope Lane 's pistol.

Holding on for dear life with one hand, Gerald began firing at the oncoming truck with his pistol
hit with a raise, 14 damage
and shouted to those in the bed of the truck, "roll the whisky barrels out the back! If we can ignite them they should slow these privy rats down and buy us some time!"

Two shots, -2 MAP to each shot. Steady Hands edge negates unstable platform.
Shooting 1: 1d6!!-2: [11!!]-2 = 9
Wild Die 1: 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8
Shooting 1 Damage (hit with raise): 3d6!!: [3, 3, 8!!] = 14

Shooting 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1



Edwards No. 3 Revolver: 1/6
Reserve Ammo: 25

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny leaps into action on hearing @Gerald Blissett shouting. Keeping low, he starts to
Athletics 1d8!!: [9!!] = 9 Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
of the truck.
PeteRPG
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson wrestled with the trucks steering wheel as the vehicle was shocked sideways by gun fire.

He heard the engine stall and the hood popped up obscuring his vision. Smoke was billowing out from the engine and a large crack was spider webbing across the windshield.

With a grimace Jackson hit the brake's and tried to bring the truck to a halt without killing everyone on board.

[roll] Drive 1d8!: [2] = 2
Wild die 1d6!: [1] = 1 [/roll]
Dice rolls
Drive 1d8: [5] = 5
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Bad Guys Reaction

Driving 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Out of Control 2d6: [2, 1] = 3 Minor Collision

Critical Hit 1 (Wounds) 2d6: [3, 4] = 7 Chassis

Critical Hit 2 (Out of Control) 2d6: [5, 1] = 6 Chassis

Damage to Bad Guys 3d6!!: [7!!, 5, 1] = 13
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The fireball was the straw that broke the camel's back far as the pursuing truck was concerned, everything else was effectively overkill. With tyres screeching in protest and black smoke billowing from the engine, the enemy truck abruptly swerved to one side and impacted the wall of a building. Tormented metal squealed as the truck scraped against the building, gradually tilting to one side before rolling over completely and skidding along on it's side before coming to a rest.

Nothing stirred.

Your own truck fared only slightly better, being brought to a halt and in absolutely no fit state to continue onwards forcing you to now proceed on foot. The aero-docks are in sight, though you can hear police sirens in the distance and shouts from behind you.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"Okay, if we gotta hoof it, let's get going!" Manny said, surprisingly forcefully. He started to look around the mess of the truck to see what needed to be carried.
PeteRPG
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Without too much control of his legs, Jackson half falls out of the truck, still grasping his side where he was shot.

"That sounds like a plan, Manny" he says listening to the sirens growing louder by the second.

"Is Corbec with us ? Is he conscious ? He has got some explaining to do."

Jackson is in no fit state to carry anything so he starts off towards the docks.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"Yeah, I got Corbec." Manny grinned at this comment. "But he won't be able to get himself to the docs under his own power."

He slung Corbec's unconscious form over in a fireman's carry and looked around at the team.

"What about our contact? Can we all get out of here like RIGHT NOW?"
Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”