Operation HARE

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope's efforts are rewarded by the pile of garage bursting into flames, filling the courtyard with a smoky haze. One of the two Sodkans, seeing the intent, roll a smoke grenade towards the base of the building from which your assailants are poised.

The truck, meanwhile, gets going with some alarming noises and much protesting. Goes the truck does, though it is questionable whether it'll get you to the aero-docks. Though as the truck pulls out of the courtyard it drives into another group of enemies who'd been attempting to block the side street, they're surprised to see you as much as you are surprised to see them.

Another round of rolls!

Need somebody to do a Driving roll, then somebody else to Repair to keep the truck going. Rest of you can do a Combat roll (don't worry about damage) or a Notice roll to try and dodge the new group of enemies.

May the dice gods smile upon you.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Fire bolt 4
Weird Science 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Just when they thought they were getting clear, another truck tries to block them into the courtyard, firing at them as well. Penelope cursed and hung onto the back of the truck, leaning around to fire her fire bolt pistol at the new assailants to try and drive them out of their way.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Looking down from his tenuous perch on the running board, Gerald notices a bent piece of jagged steel threatening to puncture one of the tires. Holding on tight with one hand, he tries to pry and kick loose the offending piece of the truck body before it causes even more damage.

Repair: 5
Repair: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny just catches up with the truck as it lurches into motion. He tosses Corbec's unconscious body unceremoniously onto the back and hops in himself, his large frame causing a bounce and lurch of the whole vehicle.

"I got the rat fink!" he says with a grin. "But I suppose we'll deal with that later."

Seeing the new enemies in their way, Manny
Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2 Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1
for some way around the threat.
PeteRPG
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Give us a break will ya yells Jackson as another truck pops into view.

2 options are available to him and his foot hovers over the brake pedal for a second before he changes his mind switching from defensive to offensive.

His hand grabs the stick shift and he drops down a gear and floors the accelerator, wincing as the truck protests with a series of groans and creaks. There is still a chance to squeeze the truck through the courtyard entrance before the other vehicle blocks them in.

DRIVE 1d8!: [7] = 7 WILD DIE 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7


User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley is on the left side of the truck bed with @Crusor_Peter45, going in and out of consciousness. "Stay with me, Peter. I won't have your death be my first legitamate death I am responsible for."

He goes for applying pressure to stem the blood flow and looks up through the back window and through the front window at the second truck. Shouting over the straining vehicle, "Yes, @PeteRPG Jackson, shoot the gap."


Support Jackson Drive Skill with Persuassion
Persuassion 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor jerks upwards and grabs onto Crowley’s shoulder. The entire situation seemed thoroughly chaotic. He looked up at his sergeant for answers and after vaguely hearing something about a truck, he might his decision on what to do next. He let go of both the truck and Crowley’s shoulder and let the momentum of the truck slide him out of the bed.

It was a foolish idea especially since he had only just came to. But thinking before rushing in wasn’t exactly the kind of thing he did often. He sprinted up towards the truck, and went to slide over the hood of the vehicle as he planted a grenade. Instead his momentum stopped halfway and he slide off down the front and onto the grill.
OOC Comments

1d6-4: [4]-4 = 0
1d4-4: [4]-4 = 0
Ace 1d4: [1] = 1
Last edited by Crusor_Peter45 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Amidst a chorus of protesting squeals and other alarming noises from the truck, Jackson manages to drive though the rapidly closing gap like a rocket a hair's breath away from scraping the side of the already battered and bruised truck against the brick wall of the courtyard's entrance. From behind, you can hear angry shouts and the
Driving 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
as the latest batch of enemies attempt to hurriedly turn their own vehicle around to follow you. Much to your dismay, however, they succeed in this endeavour and are soon closing in on your tail.

Note to Players

This next bit will be done as a Chase, following the standard rules in SWADE (p.113).

I shall use Roll20 to do a Chase map with the cards, the bad guys start on Card 1 with you guys starting on Card 2.

Either take out the bad guy's truck or make it to the end of the Chase cards (9 in total).

Bad Guy's Actions
Shooting 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Damage 2d6!!+1: [4, 1]+1 = 6
Shooting 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Damage 2d6!!+1: [19!!, 4]+1 = 24 17 vs Corbec's Truck after Toughness, 4 Wounds inflicted. Vehicle is Wrecked.
Shooting 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Driving 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Moves along 1 Card.
@PeteRPG You don't seem to have Ace, so go straight to a Driving roll at -4 for Out of Control.

Image
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Firebolt Pistol 4
4 PP (Armor Piercing +1, Damage +2)
Weird Science 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Damage 23 AP 2
3d6!!: [8!!, 11!!, 4] = 23
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope fiddled with a few settings on her firebolt pistol, increasing the damage so it would pierce the natural armor of the truck. Then she aimed out the back, using the tailgate of the truck for cover as she fired flaming plasma at the windshield of the pursuing truck.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***

Medium cover: -4
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Hearing the fusillade puncture the few intact components of the truck, Gerald let out a roar of frustration that was cut short by the spectacular fireball that spewed from from @Penelope Lane 's pistol.

Holding on for dear life with one hand, Gerald began firing at the oncoming truck with his pistol
hit with a raise, 14 damage
and shouted to those in the bed of the truck, "roll the whisky barrels out the back! If we can ignite them they should slow these privy rats down and buy us some time!"

Two shots, -2 MAP to each shot. Steady Hands edge negates unstable platform.
Shooting 1: 1d6!!-2: [11!!]-2 = 9
Wild Die 1: 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8
Shooting 1 Damage (hit with raise): 3d6!!: [3, 3, 8!!] = 14

Shooting 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1



Edwards No. 3 Revolver: 1/6
Reserve Ammo: 25

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny leaps into action on hearing @Gerald Blissett shouting. Keeping low, he starts to
Athletics 1d8!!: [9!!] = 9 Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
of the truck.
PeteRPG
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson wrestled with the trucks steering wheel as the vehicle was shocked sideways by gun fire.

He heard the engine stall and the hood popped up obscuring his vision. Smoke was billowing out from the engine and a large crack was spider webbing across the windshield.

With a grimace Jackson hit the brake's and tried to bring the truck to a halt without killing everyone on board.

[roll] Drive 1d8!: [2] = 2
Wild die 1d6!: [1] = 1 [/roll]
Dice rolls
Drive 1d8: [5] = 5
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Bad Guys Reaction

Driving 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Out of Control 2d6: [2, 1] = 3 Minor Collision

Critical Hit 1 (Wounds) 2d6: [3, 4] = 7 Chassis

Critical Hit 2 (Out of Control) 2d6: [5, 1] = 6 Chassis

Damage to Bad Guys 3d6!!: [7!!, 5, 1] = 13
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The fireball was the straw that broke the camel's back far as the pursuing truck was concerned, everything else was effectively overkill. With tyres screeching in protest and black smoke billowing from the engine, the enemy truck abruptly swerved to one side and impacted the wall of a building. Tormented metal squealed as the truck scraped against the building, gradually tilting to one side before rolling over completely and skidding along on it's side before coming to a rest.

Nothing stirred.

Your own truck fared only slightly better, being brought to a halt and in absolutely no fit state to continue onwards forcing you to now proceed on foot. The aero-docks are in sight, though you can hear police sirens in the distance and shouts from behind you.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"Okay, if we gotta hoof it, let's get going!" Manny said, surprisingly forcefully. He started to look around the mess of the truck to see what needed to be carried.
PeteRPG
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Without too much control of his legs, Jackson half falls out of the truck, still grasping his side where he was shot.

"That sounds like a plan, Manny" he says listening to the sirens growing louder by the second.

"Is Corbec with us ? Is he conscious ? He has got some explaining to do."

Jackson is in no fit state to carry anything so he starts off towards the docks.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"Yeah, I got Corbec." Manny grinned at this comment. "But he won't be able to get himself to the docs under his own power."

He slung Corbec's unconscious form over in a fireman's carry and looked around at the team.

"What about our contact? Can we all get out of here like RIGHT NOW?"
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald looked mournfully at the "rabbit trap" barrel he had worked so hard putting together on the Ravener. Prying the lid, he helped pull HARE out and said, "Please, follow Ms. Lane as quickly as you can." He then picked up a piece of steel from the wreckage and used it to bash the smuggling barrel into splinters, hoping to hide any evidence of sneaking someone out of the country. He then set off at a fast limping gate, following his comrades.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope helped HARE out of the truck, holstering her weapon to not attract more attention. “Let’s hurry!” They bolted from the truck, heading toward the airship yard.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

HARE mutters under her breath in Sodkan about what she thinks of the rescue attempt, though she does thankfully hurries along. Soon enough the aero-docks loom into view and you spy some of the Ravener's crew waiting outside, they come forward to assist you and take the wounded to be treated in the airship's infirmary.

Hawthorne is standing ready to have the airship's mooring lines cast off once everyone is onboard, the crew are already at their flying stations or preparing to defend the airship in case of some more trouble.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny unceremoniously drops Corbec at the top of the loading ramp.

"This traitor needs to be locked up or restrained or something. He's not to be trusted." He says to the crew there.

He then returns to see if there is anything else that needs to be loaded up, all the while keeping his eyes on the
Notice 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
for anything approaching that could be trouble.
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald ascended the ramp breathing raggedly behind Manny. He turned around and stood
Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1 Wild Die: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
along side the larger man. Trying to stay in the shadows of the Raverner's cargo hold, he took out his revolver and reloaded the cylinder while peering out at the docks.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
PeteRPG
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Seeing that Gerald and Manny were taking lookout duties, Jackson hobbled up the ramp and and into the ship. He needed to get to the medical bay and get that shot wound looked at. He glanced at the prone body of Corbec as he passed, thinking about what he might do if it turned out Corbec had sold them out. Maybe get some height in the Ravener then see if he could fly.
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor glanced back at both of the disabled trucks before he quickly continued up to the ship. He gave a quick look to verify there wasn’t any mooring still holding them in port before he ran up to the ramp to join the others.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope hurried after the others to board the Ravener. She looked out over the docks to see if anyone was pursued them, then followed as Corbec was dragged to a secure cabin on board the aeroship.

“Post a guard out here. Let us know when he wakes up.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley observes and says little. Watching the squad operate on instincts and training, he was really liking how they handled themselves.

"Hawthorne, we need whatever med supplies you have. Do you have a medic on board?" @stormwell
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Healing 7; heals 1 Wound
Weird Science 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“I’ve been working on something,” Penelope said. “Let me get it from my work room.” She raced below decks and picked up a device that looked like a dart gun and some darts filled with a blue liquid, then raced back on deck.

“This only works within an hour of being injured,” Penny said. “So we’re running out of time.” She went over to Jackson and shot one of the darts into his arm. The dart emptied, and Jackson felt a burning itching under his skin where the serum was spreading through his bloodstream. But slowly his injuries began to close a little and the bleeding stopped, though perhaps not completely healing him.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Hawthorne nods in response to @Aleister Crowley's question. "Aye, we have a cadre of medics along with a fully stocked infirmary."

"I'm guessing trouble and took the liberty of making preparations to get underway soon as."



Whilst there seemed to be some sort of commotion in the town of Felsenberg, if all the police sirens were anything to go by, there doesn't seem to be any sign that you were pursued. Getting clearance to depart from the dockmaster is achieved without any real trouble, but as the Ravener slips her moorings and is eased out of her air-dock your supposed Sodkan allies put in an appearance. The Sodkans give you a quick salute before taking up positions by some crates at the entrance to the air-dock to seemingly cover you as you leave.


Corbec also awakes, understandably dazed and confused whilst wincing from a black eye.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Do you need another shot, luv?” Penelope asked Jackson.

She looked out to see the Sodkans giving them a salute and covering their escape and frowned.

“So can anyone tell me what just happened? Weren’t we rescuing Hare from those guys? I’m confused.”

Penny went over to where Corbec was awakening. She handed him her canteen. “How do you feel, luv? You need a poke, too?” She held up one of her syringes.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

As the Ravener took off, Manny kept his eyes peeled for any last minute shenanigans that may take place. When he saw the Sodkans giving a salute, he grinned and waved back at them.

He turned to @Gerald Blissett and slapped him on the shoulder, "So, they weren't the bad ones after all, eh?"

He chuckled as he turned, "I'm going to go find Corbec and make sure he doesn't cause any more problems." As he walked, he mumbled to himself, "Maybe getting a gun isn't a bad idea. Just a small one, of course..."
PeteRPG
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson didn't have time to answer her before @Penelope Lane fired a dart into his arm.

Immediately he felt better, the pain subsided and his head started to clear. Thanks Pen he said. Really appreciate that.

It had been a while since Jackson had felt part of a crew but he had to admit this lot had looked out for each other when the shit hit the proverbial. Jackson allowed himself a little smile and found a crate to sit on and rest up.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The static in the air builds as more energy is routed through the airship's lift coils located deep within it's gasbags, Hawthorne intending to gain as much altitude as quickly as possible once clear of the aero-docks. Those crewmen not otherwise engaged on other tasks hurried to their battlestations; some manned the airship's own guns whilst others gathered portable weapons from the stores. Even the Ravener's pair of escort fighters were made ready to launch at a moment's notice.


"...Ow." Corbec replied in response to @Penelope Lane's question. "Wot happened?"

"I remember we'd picked up Hare from the tenant block, then...tis just a blank."
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Feeling the Ravener throw off the tyranny of gravity as @Manny Costa slapped him on the back, Gerald replied, "too right, and to think that they overlooked the punching, stabbing, and shooting we tried to give them - they're basically saints. Anyways, now that we're back in my element I'm headed up to the main deck in case we need to launch the fighters. I shudder to think at what kind of amateurs they've got in the cockpits. Good luck with Corbec, mate."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“I’m not sure what all happened,” Penelope admitted. “We got jumped on the way out of the tenement. The fellas seem to have it in their heads you were responsible for ratting us out.” She glanced up at the air balloon. “But we seem to be getting away clean. We’ll see if they send anyone after us.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”