Operation HARE

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope's efforts are rewarded by the pile of garage bursting into flames, filling the courtyard with a smoky haze. One of the two Sodkans, seeing the intent, roll a smoke grenade towards the base of the building from which your assailants are poised.

The truck, meanwhile, gets going with some alarming noises and much protesting. Goes the truck does, though it is questionable whether it'll get you to the aero-docks. Though as the truck pulls out of the courtyard it drives into another group of enemies who'd been attempting to block the side street, they're surprised to see you as much as you are surprised to see them.

Another round of rolls!

Need somebody to do a Driving roll, then somebody else to Repair to keep the truck going. Rest of you can do a Combat roll (don't worry about damage) or a Notice roll to try and dodge the new group of enemies.

May the dice gods smile upon you.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Fire bolt 4
Weird Science 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Just when they thought they were getting clear, another truck tries to block them into the courtyard, firing at them as well. Penelope cursed and hung onto the back of the truck, leaning around to fire her fire bolt pistol at the new assailants to try and drive them out of their way.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Looking down from his tenuous perch on the running board, Gerald notices a bent piece of jagged steel threatening to puncture one of the tires. Holding on tight with one hand, he tries to pry and kick loose the offending piece of the truck body before it causes even more damage.

Repair: 5
Repair: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny just catches up with the truck as it lurches into motion. He tosses Corbec's unconscious body unceremoniously onto the back and hops in himself, his large frame causing a bounce and lurch of the whole vehicle.

"I got the rat fink!" he says with a grin. "But I suppose we'll deal with that later."

Seeing the new enemies in their way, Manny
Notice 1d4!!: [2] = 2 Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1
for some way around the threat.
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Give us a break will ya yells Jackson as another truck pops into view.

2 options are available to him and his foot hovers over the brake pedal for a second before he changes his mind switching from defensive to offensive.

His hand grabs the stick shift and he drops down a gear and floors the accelerator, wincing as the truck protests with a series of groans and creaks. There is still a chance to squeeze the truck through the courtyard entrance before the other vehicle blocks them in.

DRIVE 1d8!: [7] = 7 WILD DIE 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7


User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley is on the left side of the truck bed with @Crusor_Peter45, going in and out of consciousness. "Stay with me, Peter. I won't have your death be my first legitamate death I am responsible for."

He goes for applying pressure to stem the blood flow and looks up through the back window and through the front window at the second truck. Shouting over the straining vehicle, "Yes, @PeteRPG Jackson, shoot the gap."


Support Jackson Drive Skill with Persuassion
Persuassion 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor jerks upwards and grabs onto Crowley’s shoulder. The entire situation seemed thoroughly chaotic. He looked up at his sergeant for answers and after vaguely hearing something about a truck, he might his decision on what to do next. He let go of both the truck and Crowley’s shoulder and let the momentum of the truck slide him out of the bed.

It was a foolish idea especially since he had only just came to. But thinking before rushing in wasn’t exactly the kind of thing he did often. He sprinted up towards the truck, and went to slide over the hood of the vehicle as he planted a grenade. Instead his momentum stopped halfway and he slide off down the front and onto the grill.
OOC Comments

1d6-4: [4]-4 = 0
1d4-4: [4]-4 = 0
Ace 1d4: [1] = 1
Last edited by Crusor_Peter45 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Amidst a chorus of protesting squeals and other alarming noises from the truck, Jackson manages to drive though the rapidly closing gap like a rocket a hair's breath away from scraping the side of the already battered and bruised truck against the brick wall of the courtyard's entrance. From behind, you can hear angry shouts and the
Driving 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
as the latest batch of enemies attempt to hurriedly turn their own vehicle around to follow you. Much to your dismay, however, they succeed in this endeavour and are soon closing in on your tail.

Note to Players

This next bit will be done as a Chase, following the standard rules in SWADE (p.113).

I shall use Roll20 to do a Chase map with the cards, the bad guys start on Card 1 with you guys starting on Card 2.

Either take out the bad guy's truck or make it to the end of the Chase cards (9 in total).

Bad Guy's Actions
Shooting 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Damage 2d6!!+1: [4, 1]+1 = 6
Shooting 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Damage 2d6!!+1: [19!!, 4]+1 = 24 17 vs Corbec's Truck after Toughness, 4 Wounds inflicted. Vehicle is Wrecked.
Shooting 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Driving 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Moves along 1 Card.
@PeteRPG You don't seem to have Ace, so go straight to a Driving roll at -4 for Out of Control.

Image
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Firebolt Pistol 4
4 PP (Armor Piercing +1, Damage +2)
Weird Science 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Damage 23 AP 2
3d6!!: [8!!, 11!!, 4] = 23
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope fiddled with a few settings on her firebolt pistol, increasing the damage so it would pierce the natural armor of the truck. Then she aimed out the back, using the tailgate of the truck for cover as she fired flaming plasma at the windshield of the pursuing truck.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***

Medium cover: -4
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Hearing the fusillade puncture the few intact components of the truck, Gerald let out a roar of frustration that was cut short by the spectacular fireball that spewed from from @Penelope Lane 's pistol.

Holding on for dear life with one hand, Gerald began firing at the oncoming truck with his pistol
hit with a raise, 14 damage
and shouted to those in the bed of the truck, "roll the whisky barrels out the back! If we can ignite them they should slow these privy rats down and buy us some time!"

Two shots, -2 MAP to each shot. Steady Hands edge negates unstable platform.
Shooting 1: 1d6!!-2: [11!!]-2 = 9
Wild Die 1: 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8
Shooting 1 Damage (hit with raise): 3d6!!: [3, 3, 8!!] = 14

Shooting 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Die 2: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1



Edwards No. 3 Revolver: 1/6
Reserve Ammo: 25

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny leaps into action on hearing @Gerald Blissett shouting. Keeping low, he starts to
Athletics 1d8!!: [9!!] = 9 Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
of the truck.
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson wrestled with the trucks steering wheel as the vehicle was shocked sideways by gun fire.

He heard the engine stall and the hood popped up obscuring his vision. Smoke was billowing out from the engine and a large crack was spider webbing across the windshield.

With a grimace Jackson hit the brake's and tried to bring the truck to a halt without killing everyone on board.

[roll] Drive 1d8!: [2] = 2
Wild die 1d6!: [1] = 1 [/roll]
Dice rolls
Drive 1d8: [5] = 5
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Bad Guys Reaction

Driving 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Out of Control 2d6: [2, 1] = 3 Minor Collision

Critical Hit 1 (Wounds) 2d6: [3, 4] = 7 Chassis

Critical Hit 2 (Out of Control) 2d6: [5, 1] = 6 Chassis

Damage to Bad Guys 3d6!!: [7!!, 5, 1] = 13
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The fireball was the straw that broke the camel's back far as the pursuing truck was concerned, everything else was effectively overkill. With tyres screeching in protest and black smoke billowing from the engine, the enemy truck abruptly swerved to one side and impacted the wall of a building. Tormented metal squealed as the truck scraped against the building, gradually tilting to one side before rolling over completely and skidding along on it's side before coming to a rest.

Nothing stirred.

Your own truck fared only slightly better, being brought to a halt and in absolutely no fit state to continue onwards forcing you to now proceed on foot. The aero-docks are in sight, though you can hear police sirens in the distance and shouts from behind you.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"Okay, if we gotta hoof it, let's get going!" Manny said, surprisingly forcefully. He started to look around the mess of the truck to see what needed to be carried.
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Without too much control of his legs, Jackson half falls out of the truck, still grasping his side where he was shot.

"That sounds like a plan, Manny" he says listening to the sirens growing louder by the second.

"Is Corbec with us ? Is he conscious ? He has got some explaining to do."

Jackson is in no fit state to carry anything so he starts off towards the docks.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

"Yeah, I got Corbec." Manny grinned at this comment. "But he won't be able to get himself to the docs under his own power."

He slung Corbec's unconscious form over in a fireman's carry and looked around at the team.

"What about our contact? Can we all get out of here like RIGHT NOW?"
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald looked mournfully at the "rabbit trap" barrel he had worked so hard putting together on the Ravener. Prying the lid, he helped pull HARE out and said, "Please, follow Ms. Lane as quickly as you can." He then picked up a piece of steel from the wreckage and used it to bash the smuggling barrel into splinters, hoping to hide any evidence of sneaking someone out of the country. He then set off at a fast limping gate, following his comrades.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope helped HARE out of the truck, holstering her weapon to not attract more attention. “Let’s hurry!” They bolted from the truck, heading toward the airship yard.
Mission Codes
Upon arrival in Felsenberg you'll be approached by your contact, codename; LURCHER

Any person who approaches you should be challenged with the passphrase; KING

LURCHER must correctly reply with RED to confirm identity, however if the response is BLUE it means they have been compromised.

Any other response, you are to use your discretion whether to abort mission.

Target will be referred simply as HARE

Codeword POACHER to be used for mission success; GROUNDSMAN for mission failure.

LURCHER is dead, according to Corbec. HARE is alive and was moved for safety.
***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

HARE mutters under her breath in Sodkan about what she thinks of the rescue attempt, though she does thankfully hurries along. Soon enough the aero-docks loom into view and you spy some of the Ravener's crew waiting outside, they come forward to assist you and take the wounded to be treated in the airship's infirmary.

Hawthorne is standing ready to have the airship's mooring lines cast off once everyone is onboard, the crew are already at their flying stations or preparing to defend the airship in case of some more trouble.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny unceremoniously drops Corbec at the top of the loading ramp.

"This traitor needs to be locked up or restrained or something. He's not to be trusted." He says to the crew there.

He then returns to see if there is anything else that needs to be loaded up, all the while keeping his eyes on the
Notice 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
for anything approaching that could be trouble.
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald ascended the ramp breathing raggedly behind Manny. He turned around and stood
Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1 Wild Die: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
along side the larger man. Trying to stay in the shadows of the Raverner's cargo hold, he took out his revolver and reloaded the cylinder while peering out at the docks.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Seeing that Gerald and Manny were taking lookout duties, Jackson hobbled up the ramp and and into the ship. He needed to get to the medical bay and get that shot wound looked at. He glanced at the prone body of Corbec as he passed, thinking about what he might do if it turned out Corbec had sold them out. Maybe get some height in the Ravener then see if he could fly.
Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor glanced back at both of the disabled trucks before he quickly continued up to the ship. He gave a quick look to verify there wasn’t any mooring still holding them in port before he ran up to the ramp to join the others.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope hurried after the others to board the Ravener. She looked out over the docks to see if anyone was pursued them, then followed as Corbec was dragged to a secure cabin on board the aeroship.

“Post a guard out here. Let us know when he wakes up.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley observes and says little. Watching the squad operate on instincts and training, he was really liking how they handled themselves.

"Hawthorne, we need whatever med supplies you have. Do you have a medic on board?" @stormwell
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Healing 7; heals 1 Wound
Weird Science 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“I’ve been working on something,” Penelope said. “Let me get it from my work room.” She raced below decks and picked up a device that looked like a dart gun and some darts filled with a blue liquid, then raced back on deck.

“This only works within an hour of being injured,” Penny said. “So we’re running out of time.” She went over to Jackson and shot one of the darts into his arm. The dart emptied, and Jackson felt a burning itching under his skin where the serum was spreading through his bloodstream. But slowly his injuries began to close a little and the bleeding stopped, though perhaps not completely healing him.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Hawthorne nods in response to @Aleister Crowley's question. "Aye, we have a cadre of medics along with a fully stocked infirmary."

"I'm guessing trouble and took the liberty of making preparations to get underway soon as."



Whilst there seemed to be some sort of commotion in the town of Felsenberg, if all the police sirens were anything to go by, there doesn't seem to be any sign that you were pursued. Getting clearance to depart from the dockmaster is achieved without any real trouble, but as the Ravener slips her moorings and is eased out of her air-dock your supposed Sodkan allies put in an appearance. The Sodkans give you a quick salute before taking up positions by some crates at the entrance to the air-dock to seemingly cover you as you leave.


Corbec also awakes, understandably dazed and confused whilst wincing from a black eye.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“Do you need another shot, luv?” Penelope asked Jackson.

She looked out to see the Sodkans giving them a salute and covering their escape and frowned.

“So can anyone tell me what just happened? Weren’t we rescuing Hare from those guys? I’m confused.”

Penny went over to where Corbec was awakening. She handed him her canteen. “How do you feel, luv? You need a poke, too?” She held up one of her syringes.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

As the Ravener took off, Manny kept his eyes peeled for any last minute shenanigans that may take place. When he saw the Sodkans giving a salute, he grinned and waved back at them.

He turned to @Gerald Blissett and slapped him on the shoulder, "So, they weren't the bad ones after all, eh?"

He chuckled as he turned, "I'm going to go find Corbec and make sure he doesn't cause any more problems." As he walked, he mumbled to himself, "Maybe getting a gun isn't a bad idea. Just a small one, of course..."
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson didn't have time to answer her before @Penelope Lane fired a dart into his arm.

Immediately he felt better, the pain subsided and his head started to clear. Thanks Pen he said. Really appreciate that.

It had been a while since Jackson had felt part of a crew but he had to admit this lot had looked out for each other when the shit hit the proverbial. Jackson allowed himself a little smile and found a crate to sit on and rest up.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The static in the air builds as more energy is routed through the airship's lift coils located deep within it's gasbags, Hawthorne intending to gain as much altitude as quickly as possible once clear of the aero-docks. Those crewmen not otherwise engaged on other tasks hurried to their battlestations; some manned the airship's own guns whilst others gathered portable weapons from the stores. Even the Ravener's pair of escort fighters were made ready to launch at a moment's notice.


"...Ow." Corbec replied in response to @Penelope Lane's question. "Wot happened?"

"I remember we'd picked up Hare from the tenant block, then...tis just a blank."
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Feeling the Ravener throw off the tyranny of gravity as @Manny Costa slapped him on the back, Gerald replied, "too right, and to think that they overlooked the punching, stabbing, and shooting we tried to give them - they're basically saints. Anyways, now that we're back in my element I'm headed up to the main deck in case we need to launch the fighters. I shudder to think at what kind of amateurs they've got in the cockpits. Good luck with Corbec, mate."

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

“I’m not sure what all happened,” Penelope admitted. “We got jumped on the way out of the tenement. The fellas seem to have it in their heads you were responsible for ratting us out.” She glanced up at the air balloon. “But we seem to be getting away clean. We’ll see if they send anyone after us.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"Ah...." Corbec replied. "Tis coming back ta me now."

"Was 'bouts ta step foot outta the door when the shooting started and me survival instincts kicked in." Continued Corbec. "Never been much o' a fighter."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Artian Confederation/Felsenberg
Round 0

Penelope nodded to Corbec. “Well, just keep your head down. We’ll get it sorted,” she assured him. “Why don’t we see if we can find you a bunk.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The Ravener made steady progress through the skies over the Artian Confederation, thus far unchallenged despite everyone's heightened paranoia. Hawthorne eventually calls everyone to the bridge, the captain's stern looking face greeting them on arrival. "Our lookouts have spotted another aero-vessel keeping track with us, though they're maintaining a respectable distance."

"We've identified her as a destroyer type skyship bearing the insignia of the Skywright's Guild." Explained Hawthorne. "It's rare to see a Guild vessel on it's own, they're usually employed as escorts for shipments, so a might bit suspicious."

"We have a few options like trying to out-run her, loose her in some clouds or anything ye lot can come up with."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope frowned at the new briefing. “What is the Skywright’s interest in this?” she asked. “Are we even fast enough to outrun a Guild ship?” She knew the Skywright Guild had control of the best in aero-ship technology and fuel. And if it was a destroyer vessel, they had best not risk a firefight.

“Have they tried to hail us? How far off are they holding?”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny stands uncomfortable behind the rest. He looks around slowly, pondering the situation.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope Lane wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:35 am Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope frowned at the new briefing. “What is the Skywright’s interest in this?” she asked. “Are we even fast enough to outrun a Guild ship?” She knew the Skywright Guild had control of the best in aero-ship technology and fuel. And if it was a destroyer vessel, they had best not risk a firefight.

“Have they tried to hail us? How far off are they holding?”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
"Reckon it could be HARE or something she knows." Answered Hawthorne. "Least that is the only reason I can think as to why they would be so interested in us."

"Speed wise, I fear that the Ravener is very much at a disadvantage here." Hawthorne stated with a grim look. "She's still only a gasbag and one previously used on leisurely mail runs at that."

"But no, they've made no attempt to hail us and they seem quite content to hold position round couple of miles from us."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Hawthorne keep course and speed constant."

"Let them follow and we proceed as if they are not there."

"Am I correct in understanding that we are out of our class in both ship capabilities and armaments compared to our pursuers?"

Looking around the bridge and finding the navigator's table, Crowley approaches to look at positions and such.

"What is our distance to base and our current speed?"
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Standing on the main deck, Gerald peered through his binoculars to see if he could
Notice: 4
about the Skywrights Guild destroyer. Given its distance from the Ravener he wasn't too hopeful.
OOC Comments
Notice roll:
Notice: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [2] = 2

(Spend a benny to re-roll)
Notice 2: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild Die 2: 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

“Then maybe we should talk to HARE,” Penelope replied to Crowley. “See what she might know about the Guild. And keep an eye out for a big cloud bank or something. We might be able to lose the Guild.”

OOC: Sorry. Mind blanking again. What was HARE supposed to know that we were sent to get her out for again?

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson nods at @Penelope Lane when she mentions HARE.

We need to know what she and Corbec know before we get anyone else taking potshots at us.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looks around a bit.

"So, ah, do you think I should be there when we question Corbec? Maybe put a bit of fear into him, yeah?"
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"Aye, she could down us with but a single volley and she'll have the range advantage on us." Hawthorne said grimly. "Our best bets of taking her on, if we have to, is somehow getting in close and surprising her or load up our fighters with bombs."

"At present speed we're round a couple of hours out from base, could possibly knock that down to an hour and a half if the wind is favourable and we redline the engines." Hawthorne answered. "Though the latter is an absolute last resort option given we're still repairing the damage from the engine fire."

"Reckoned that you might want to speak with HARE, so I've taken the liberty of having her escorted to the bridge...ah, and here she is." Hawthorne stated as HARE was escorted onto the bridge by an Aero-Marine.


@Gerald Blissett the Guild aero-vessel depressingly outclasses the Ravener, being more flying warship than a floating gasbag. Though it doesn't take much to figure out where the bridge is on the other craft and how exposed it is in comparison, also not to mention how hampered the other craft would be if said bridge was taken out.


Note to Players

Now is the chance to ask HARE some questions and finalise your course of action, I'll do a GM post in a week's time to get the action rolling but may respond with shorter posts in the meantime if needed.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope looked to HARE. “What do you know about the Shipwright’s Guild?” she asked, pointing to the airship in the distance pacing them. “What information do you have that they needed us to get you out to provide?”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 11/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Entering the bridge, Gerald eyed up HARE and then turned to Crowley and Ms. Lane.

"If it does come to blows, taking out the bridge of that Guild behemoth would be our best, worst, and only chance of winning the fight. I fear launching our fighters now would provoke her, but if we wait until she fires on us the fight will likely be over before we can launch the fighters.

"It seems that our best chance is to hope that whatever Ms. Hare here means to them, they want her alive more than dead. Her being aboard may be our best chance of escape - or at least survival. What do you say to that, Miss?"

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

HARE curses in Sodkan for a moment, though those familiar with the harsh language recognise a few choice curses being uttered and ones they never expected to come from a young woman. HARE then composes herself, sighs and speaks in the more familiar Gwentian language. "My father."

"He...studied the Ancients, their technology and the remnants of their passing." She explained. "In your Alyeska he found something, an Ancient skyship. More or less intact, but sat long time."

"Ancient technology far exceeds our own, even their skyships were superior to our own. Better than even what the Guild processes, even what it keeps for itself."

"My father approached your Commonwealth, reveal the ancient skyship's location in exchange for protection...but the Guild got him first."

"I know where the skyship is, but I want your Commonwealth's protection least the Guild silences me as well."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley shows no emotion, but the mention of ancient tech piques his curriosity.

"Hawthorne, Is the Guild ship equipped with nose belly or tail belly guns?"

"If she isn't equipped that way. We could drop speed and altitude and fly beneath her. The fighters could then rake her belly with strafing fire."

"One advantage we have is that, if we deflate, we sink faster than they can follow us. The Guild ship would need to swing around and then nose dive on us to catch us."

While everyone stands there digesting the latest from Crowley, Crowley approaches HARE.

"Right now, we cannot promise anything."

"Our distance from the Commonwealth likely means we would be dead before the Aerospace Fleet could arrive to support us."

"Also we could be just as easily boarded, you removed from the Ravener, and then us blown to smithereens after you have been abducted."

Turning from HARE, Crowley approaches the nav charts and looks at their relative position.

"Hawthorne where are we and what are flying over? @stormwell
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope perked up at the mention of Ancient technology. “You found an actual skyship! she asked with excitement. “Where?” Then she blushed at her overeagerness. That information was the point of it all. “I mean, we will certainly do what we can to get you to the Commonwealth,” she promised the young woman.

“So what about Corbec?” Penny asked. “Is he Guild?” She looked over at Hare. “And we still have some whiskey barrels. We could build a hidey-hole for her. They won’t shoot us down if they need her alive,” Penny pointed out.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looks around uncomfortably at the people having the discussion. This was clearly above his pay scale. He mostly just hit things. And moved things around. Figuring out strategy and plans wasn't his strong point.
PeteRPG
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by PeteRPG »

Jackson watches the discussion from the sidelines. That sort of tech would be worth a fortune on the Black Market he thinks to himself. He steps forward to address them.

We will certainly do our best to keep you safe but we will need to know the location of this ship. From what we just went through we have no reason to trust anything you say

Jackson rubs at the wound in his side as he speaks.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Hawthorne conferred with the crew for an answer for @Aleister Crowley's question. "Lookouts report possible MG emplacements in her underside, though it is still armoured. Strafing it would be little more than a nuisance unless we had something with a heavier punch."

"As for out current position, we're still some miles out from the Home Isles over open ocean. Though some cloud banks have been spotted on our intended course, might be useful but might not."


"Guild killed my father." HARE stated simply. "I have no love for them nor anyone who works for them."

"Corbec was just a driver, he drove truck and kept ears open."

"Da, an Ancient skyship." Nodded HARE. "North coast Alyeska, you have map?"
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

“I’m sure we can find a map.” Penelope looked to Captain Hawthorne for confirmation. “Is there anything I can do to help us go faster?” she asked. “Maybe I can tweak things. Or get us a bigger gun,” she mused.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley thanked Hawthorne and looked at HARE.

"Do not disclose the location. North Coast Alyeska is plenty of information."

Raising his head up after talking directly and only to HARE, "Listen up all of you. This is as much for my team as it is for Hawthorne's crew."

"You each now have a piece of information with which to barter your lives should we get overtaken."

"What the Guild wants is on the North Coast of Alyeska. Commit that to memory. There is no other information. HARE has not shared anything else. For your safety and each other's safety, that is all the information that will be disclosed, understood."

Crowley waits for confirmation those on the bridge and then nods to whomever relays the information to the rest of the crew and team members on board the Ravener.

"Truth is, we are ill equipped to deal with the Guild and we certainly are underprepared for an excursion."

"HARE. I am advising you to say nothing more. Just don't."

"Getting you to the Home Isles, getting us all to the Home Isles is the primary mission now."

Crowley looks to Hawthorne, "Hawthorne, would you mind confirming a few things for me." @stormwell

"Radio distance. Are we close enough to send communications?"

"Also, the Ravener has a few single man fighter planes, correct?"

@Penelope Lane "Ms. Lane, just sit tight. There is a way for you to help and the rest of our team as well. Just let me get a few details looked after first."

Turning back to Hawthorne.
Stormwell
Is there a link to the world map? I really hate asking you everytime for the map details, if there is.
OOC Comments
Radio send coded message to Home Isles. Request backup.

Feign being disabled and drifting into the cloud banks. "Lose" a fighter to lessen the weight and to correct course. Fighter fall towards the ocean. At a certain altitude, planes fly off towards the Home Isles. The Guild should likely follow the Ravener and pay little attention to the fighters. May even want to disguise the fighters among junk weight being discarded.
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Hawthorne nods. "Aye, comfortably in radio range....anything we transmit should be picked up pretty sharpish by a ground station or a patrol."

"As fer planes, we have a couple on the side-mounted launch ramps and a third that can be put on the ramps once they're clear." Explained Hawthorne. "Can easily make it look like we're ditching weight by how the ramps are setup."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

stormwell wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:52 pm Hawthorne nods. "Aye, comfortably in radio range....anything we transmit should be picked up pretty sharpish by a ground station or a patrol."

"As fer planes, we have a couple on the side-mounted launch ramps and a third that can be put on the ramps once they're clear." Explained Hawthorne. "Can easily make it look like we're ditching weight by how the ramps are setup."
"Thanks Hawthorne."

"We are going to double or triple our chances of getting home safely."

"Radio communication is last."

"First, we get pilots to the three planes. They drop off heading for the clouds below. The pilots will need to nose dive immediately from the Ravener, giving the impression that the weight was dropped. Ten of fifteen seconds from release they should be able to disappear below the clouds below us."

"Second, we use the planes leaving to elevate the Ravener."

"Once the Ravener has taken to the higher elevation. We radio Home Isles."

"The radio to Home Isles will be the signal for the planes to drop from the clouds and head for home at a safe elevation out of range of the Guild's weapons."

" @Penelope Lane Ms. Lane, if you and anyone else is able to assist the engineer and mechanics on the Ravener, we need maximum power as we are going to race the Guild back to the Home Isles."

"The idea being that we arrive with support from Home Isles and discourage the Guild from following us."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Repair 14; 2 Raises
Repair 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14
Gadgeteer 9 Raise
-2 difficulty
Weird Science 1d8!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [11!!]-2 = 9
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

“I will get my tools,” Penelope said, turning and heading for her bunk, then going to find the engineers.

“Let’s get to work, lads!” Penny said, tying back her red hair and rolling up her sleeves, then pulling on a work apron to protect her clothes.

OOC: Penelope will first try and optimize engine handling (Repair roll) and then she will use Gadgeteer to work up and attach a Speed booster.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

"I may be able to help, Ms. Lane. And I'm more than happy to fly one of the decoy planes if volunteers are needed."

With that, Gerald gets to work trying to assist Penelope after hearing what she plans to do.

16 = Success with 3 raises. Maximum support bonus from one character is +2
Repair: 1d6!!: [16!!] = 16
Wild Die: 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny chimes in, "I'm not the best in the world, but I can turn a wrench."

Taking direction from Penelope, and anyone else that seems to know what they are doing, he assists in the repair.

Repair: Repair 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6 Wild Die: Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The crew of the Ravener busied themselves putting Crowley's plan into action, spare equipment was gathered to be thrown overboard whilst the three planes were prepared for launch. However, due to the launching mechanisms the launch of the planes would have to be staggered but items could be thrown overboard in between each launch. But as it gradually got lighter, the Ravener gained some altitude and thanks in part to Penelope's efforts it also increased speed.

Thicker smoke was soon seen pouring from the stacks of the Guild skyship, leading Hawthrone to dryly comment. "So she means to pursue."

Note to Players

This next bit will run kinda like a Quick Encounter.

Everyone is to make a suitable roll of their choosing in addition to describing what their character does. If anyone rolls Piloting for the Ravener itself, the roll can be done so with a +3 bonus (this is after modifiers).
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Aliester checks in with the squad.

@Penelope Lane "Ms. Lane."

@Gerald Blissett "Mr. Blissett."

"Your piloting expertise would be greatly appreciated on the bridge."

Crowley returns to the navigation board and plots the plane drops and follows the location of the Ravener and the Guild Ship.

Academics 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild (Academics) 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny to Reroll
Academics 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild (Academics) 1d6!!: [3] = 3


"Hawthorne, I believe the distance between us and cloud banks below is sufficient. Radio to Home Isles that we are have hostiles in bound. And make sure the message is received by the Guild Ship please."

"We wouldn't want them to be surprised by our welcoming party."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Piloting 8 Raise
+3 difficulty
Piloting 1d8!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope looked up from her engine work as Crowley called for her to come to the bridge. She studied the glimmertech she had attached to the engine. “Please keep working. If it starts getting into the redline, mates, call me,” she warned the engine crew, indicating the safety indicator. Glimtech could be unstable at the best of times. She hoped this would hold.

Penny raced up the ladders to the bridge, her red hair escaping its ties a bit, her face smeared with oil and grease, and she slipped behind one of the helm controls for the Ravener. She took in the heading and the wind speed and made a few course adjustments as she tried to pull the best performance she could out of the airship.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looks at @Penelope Lane as she heads off to the bridge.

"Great, who's in charge of this work now? I don't know much about theses things..."

Her turns back to
Repair 1d4!!: [15!!] = 15 Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
what he can.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Manny Costa wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm Manny looks at Penelope Lane as she heads off to the bridge.

"Great, who's in charge of this work now? I don't know much about theses things..."

Her turns back to
Repair 1d4!!: [15!!] = 15 Wild Die 1d6!!: [4] = 4
what he can.
Crowley smiles as he sees the work Manny is doing. "Costa. You look like you are handling things quite well."
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald dropped his spanner back into a tray of tools as he followed Penelope to the bridge, the methodical clunking of his prosthetic leg markedly slower than the young woman's gait, but determined all the same. When he arrived at the bridge he found Penelope already at the helm. After a moment he could tell she was a highly competent aviator. However, he was guessing she hadn't already spent a career hiding from authorities in the skies, and in that arena he may be able to contribute some advice.

"Let me show you a few tricks I picked up in my last career Ms. Lane, it may help give us a small advantage."

Success = +1 to Penelope's piloting roll (brings total to 9)
Piloting: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Piloting Wild Die: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Perhaps getting desperate, the Guild aero-vessel fires off a barrage of shots at the Ravener. Fired in haste with little time to properly aim them, the shots explode around the Ravener. Fortunately no damage is inflicted, yet, but the shots are close enough to rock the airship. It will be a matter of time, or even luck, before the Guild lands a shot on the Ravener itself.

Note to Players

Need you all to make an Agility roll in response to the Ravener being 'rocked'.

Other than that, things continue on with regards to actions and rolls.
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald had been telling himself that as long as HARE was onboard they were safe. The fallacy of this line of thinking made itself clear when his face smashed into the bulkhead as the Ravener lurched from the shock waves of the shells exploding around her. Well, I guess they just want her dead. And they're playing it safe and assuming she's told us all the location of that Ancient wreck.

Initial Result = 2
Agility skill: 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Agility wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Spending a benny to re-roll = 3
Agility skill re-reroll: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Agility wild re-roll: 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Agility 5 Success
Agility 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope gripped the helm controls of the Ravener, her knuckles a bit white. The airship was rocked by the near explosions of the Guildship’s fire, but she managed to keep her feet.

“May I confess something to you, Mr. Blisset?” she asked, brushing her red hair from her green eyes set in a now pale face. “I admit to some unladylike experience at flying, but the getting shot at part is new to me, sir. Would it not be prudent to shoot back?” Perhaps they would get lucky.

OOC: Noting we have a -2 handling on this, which I didn’t take into account in my previous Piloting roll, so we are at 7 instead of 9 for that roll, I guess.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
Gadgeteer
Artificer
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Agility d4 Agility 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild (Agility d6 Wild (Agility) 1d6!!: [4] = 4

The explosive rounds miss but the concussive blasts of them exploding rock the Ravener causing everyone to grab for stability. Crowley grabs ahold of the edges of the Navigation Board and considers himself lucky that the board is anchored to the deck of the airship and that he manages to hold on.

"Hawthorne. How soon until we can descend into the safety of the Home Isle airspace? Or do we continue to climb and keep the Guild Ship at a disadvantage."
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

"A few more minutes!" Cries Hawthorne. "Could shave off some time if we redline the engines, but that'll run the risk of blowing them out and leaving us a sitting duck."

Another shot is fired from the Guild ship, though you're a bit more prepared even as the shell explodes uncomfortably a little closer than the first causing the Ravener to shake even more violently. Thankfully only minor damage is reported, but Hawthorne sums up the situation rather grimly. "They're getting the range, won't be long 'fore they get lucky."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny swears with the
Agility 1d8!!: [4] = 4 Agility Wild Die 1d6!!: [5] = 5
"How am I supposed to keep this up with all the rocking?!"

He steadies himself against the continued lurching of the airship and
Repair 1d4!!: [1] = 1 Repair Wild Die 1d6!!: [2] = 2
trying like mad to remember all that he has learned by being around mechanics and keep things running as smoothly as he could.

Repair 2 1d4!!: [2] = 2 Wild Die Repair 2 1d6!!: [4] = 4



OOC Comments
Apologies for the late post. I got unexpectedly distracted with a new computer at home. I still need to apply my Advance, but no worries. I'm back and ready to go!
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald quickly tied off a handkerchief over his head to staunch the blood from flowing down his face from the gash along his eyebrow where he'd struck the bulkhead. "You have a very good point, Ms. Lane. I've never fired something as large as the sixers on this gas bag, but I expect it will be entertaining." With that he turned and quickly made his way to the gun deck.

He caught the attention of a few of the Ravener's crew as he stepped up the breech of one of the large cannons and began loading a shell into it. "Let's give these goons something to think about, lads!" Trying to quickly get a feel for the elevation and lateral control wheels, he did his best to sight-in the Skyship's bridge and yanked the firing lanyard, but the shot went well wide of the skyship.


Shooting: 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Shooting Wild: 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3

Spending last benny to re-roll:
Shooting Re-roll: 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild Die Re-roll: 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0

OOC Comments
Not sure what the called-shot penalty for hitting the bridge of the skyship would be, but both of these rolls miss anyway. If the encounter continues I will spend the next round aiming and then fire again on the round after that.

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Piloting 8; Raise
-2 handling, +2 Ace
Piloting 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope buckled down at the wheel. “I might be able to whip something up,” she said. “Smokescreen, maybe some dazzle camouflage. But I would need to concentrate on it.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
Gadgeteer
Artificer
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Penelope Lane wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:55 am
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope buckled down at the wheel. “I might be able to whip something up,” she said. “Smokescreen, maybe some dazzle camouflage. But I would need to concentrate on it.”
Spend a Benny

"We have talcum powder canisters. A half dozen of those set to explode will give us a," Crowley air quotes, "Smokescreen."

"We can launch them from one of the Ravener's windows. Should give us at least a few minutes as we manuever threw the clouds."
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The improvised smokescreen plan is hastily put into action and not a moment too soon as the Guild aero-vessel fires off another shot, though with the Ravener obscured the shot goes wide and explodes harmlessly away from the airship. A rugged cheer goes up amongst the crew as things seem to be going in your favour, especially as the Home Isles are glimpsed on the horizon. You're on the threshold of safety, though the Guild skyship doesn't seem to be giving up all that easily as it tries to close the distance.

Note to Players

Make or break time, you're almost home and dry but the Guild skyship is still a threat.
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"It's time we see how well we can stall and fall."

"Make our airbag-sail look like we have lost air, as if the Guild Ship landed their last shot."

"We need to descend quickly and below the guild ship and below the clouds."

Looking to the crew and his team.

"Any other ideas, speak now before we get shot to pieces."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Piloting 15
Piloting 1d8!!: [15!!] = 15
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

“I don’t suppose we can radio ahead a warning?” Penelope suggested. “It would be nice if we could get in range of some nice, hefty AA guns that could fire at the guild ship.”

Penny reached for the controls, adjusting the ailerons for the loss of altitude to keep them stable enough. “How bumpy do you want this ride?” she asked as the ship pitched toward the ocean.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
Gadgeteer
Artificer
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Penelope Lane wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:25 am
Piloting 15
Piloting 1d8!!: [15!!] = 15
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

“I don’t suppose we can radio ahead a warning?” Penelope suggested. “It would be nice if we could get in range of some nice, hefty AA guns that could fire at the guild ship.”

Penny reached for the controls, adjusting the ailerons for the loss of altitude to keep them stable enough. “How bumpy do you want this ride?” she asked as the ship pitched toward the ocean.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
Gadgeteer
Artificer
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
"We could follow up our last transmission to see where and if we have support."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny looked up from his work on the engines as the shots exploded nearby.

"That was a bit too close for comfort!" he said to no one in particular.

Then, as the ship started to dip down, he looked around for something to hang on to!
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald began to calculate the adjustments he would need to make based on range, relative speed, and atmospheric conditions as the crew reloaded the six inch gun. The calculations kept slipping away from his mind as the sense of dread escalated. Finally, he said, "Oh, sod it" and eyeballed down the barrel of the massive weapon before ducking away and yanking the firing lanyard again.
OOC Comments
My shooting roll is an 8, but 1 point of fatigue takes that down to a 7. I ignore any unstable platform penalty per the "Steady Hands" edge, but not sure what the penalty is for a called shot to the bridge. I'm hoping it's -2 but guessing it's more likely at least -4.
Shooting: 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Shooting Wild Die: 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

Perhaps it was fate, somebody's wish or even a prayer but @Gerald Blissett's shot rang true as it sailed through the air and struck the bridge of the Guild skyship before erupting in a fireball. The Guild aero-vessel visibly rocked in the air and started to veer away with a noticeable list, trailing thick black smoke from it's now thoroughly wrecked bridge. Then like gleaming angels, a pair of Kestral fighters drove down out of the clouds engines roaring as they commenced strafing runs on the Guild skyship.

From a break in the clouds came salvation in the form of a Regal-class Skyship proudly flying the Emerald Saltire of the Commonwealth. The radio crackled to life as a voice called out; "Attention airship Ravener, this is the CAS Viceroy. We're here to escort you in, do you require a tow? Over."
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Standing on the bridge near @Penelope Lane and Hawthorne, Crowley watched in awe as @Gerald Blissett shot struck of all places, the bridge of the Guild Ship.

Watching the Guild Ship veer and then begin taking fire from the newly arrived fighters, Crowley breahted some relief. When the radio crackled to life from the Viceroy and asked if they needed a tow, Crowley flipped the mic of the radio over to transmit, "Welcome Viceroy. The weather has been a bit rough today. We would welcome the tow."

"Ms. Lane, level us out and keep the Ravener steady while we wait for the Viceroy to lock on and tow us in."

"Everyone else, let us make sure that we have our equipment squared away and take a moment to rest."

"Hare, you to take a bunch and get some rest. A couple of hours should do you some good."
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

Manny, heard the explosions coming from another skyship and breathed a sigh of relief. He went over to the nearest porthole and looked out at the flaming Guild skyship.

"Well wouldn't you know it. They did it!" he muttered to no one in particular.

Leaving the laboring engines behind, he set off to find the rest of the team and find out all of the details of what actually happened.
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope gave a little whoop when she saw the Guild ship get hit, a bit unladylike, her mother would remind her. Then Crowley was giving orders, and Penny leveled out the Ravener steady so they could be taken up by the Viceroy.

Penelope leaned back in the pilot chair and ran a hand over her forehead, not realizing how much she had sweat during the tense encounter.

“Well, I know I could use some tea,” Penny said with a smile.

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
Gadgeteer
Artificer
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley states again. "Everyone take a breather."

"We won't have much time when we touch down. When we do touch down, figure there is going to be a debrief shortly afterwards before we can recover."
Penelope Lane wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:03 am Penelope gave a little whoop when she saw the Guild ship get hit, a bit unladylike, her mother would remind her. Then Crowley was giving orders, and Penny leveled out the Ravener steady so they could be taken up by the Viceroy.

Penelope leaned back in the pilot chair and ran a hand over her forehead, not realizing how much she had sweat during the tense encounter.

“Well, I know I could use some tea,” Penny said with a smile.
"Hawthorne, any likely hood that we could get some tea together? Maybe boil the water off the Ravener's engines?"

Crowley personally escorts Hare to a bunk to sleep while moving the other crew members into place. @Manny Costa and @Gerald Blissett he motions to some other bunks. "Nice shooting there Blissett. Sleep on it or at least let the adrenaline subside."

He clears the bridge of everyone except Hawthorne, Ms. Lane, and himself. Pulling forth the tea service he found in the galley. "It's warm," he says as he pours.

Once everyone has a cup, he drinks his down in a gulp, then looks at Ms. Lane and Hawthorne.

"We are going to need to move on Hare's information. Equipped for a winter excursion and likely with more ships and firepower for protection."

"The Guild is likely to follow and we need to be prepared to divert attention and likely secure things covertly."
User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Skies over Artian Confederation
Round 0

Penelope nodded as she sipped her tea, warming her hands around the cup. “I can maybe work up some things,” she mused, already calculating figures and schematics in her head. She pulled out a small notebook to jot ideas down. “I’ll want to see if we can get extra spare parts, a nice supply of glim-tech bits and bobs,” she mused, “to make sure I’ll have everything I need.”

***
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 6
PP: 18/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight, Entangle, Healing
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
Gadgeteer
Artificer
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor
User avatar
Gerald Blissett
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Gerald Blissett »

Gerald stood in awe, disbelieving that he had actually managed to hit the Guild ship with his hasty snapfire shot. He was vaguely aware of a flurry of activity around him and felt the shuddering of the Ravener as her flight leveled out. He allowed himself to be escorted to a bunk by @Aleister Crowley along with @Manny Costa , not realizing until he laid down how much he desperately wanted to rest. Not even bothering to check the wound on his forehead from where he had crashed into a bulkhead, he began to feel the fatigue overtake him.

Just as he was about to fall into the deep well of sleep, his mind snapped back to alertness as background ideas coalesced into a coherent thought: if the Skywright's Guild was looking for an ancient crashed vessel in Alyeska, then there was little doubt that the Commonwealth would be mounting an expedition of its own now that it had the location of the crash site. He was willing to guess that the Commonwealth brass would want to keep as tight of a lid on this intelligence as possible, meaning that personnel who already knew about it were likely to be cloistered away and packed off on the expedition ...

Discord: swampson


Gerald - Pilot (Frozen Skies)
User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by stormwell »

The Ravener is taken under tow and given an escort by the two Kestral fighters that fly lazy circuits round both aero-vessels. Hawthorne gets his crew organised and demands a series of reports concerning casualties, damage, etc. Before long you arrive back at RAF Station Dunfalk where you started off from on your mission, as the airship is eased into her moorings you can spy a couple of staff cars waiting on the tarmac.

Even though the mission appears to be over, it doesn't look like you'll be getting much rest as the top brass is eager to debrief you.

Note to Players

That's it, adventure pretty much concluded.

Thank you all for taking part, hoping to have the next one up in the next couple of weeks.
User avatar
Manny Costa
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Re: Operation HARE

Post by Manny Costa »

WooHoo! Success!!!
Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”