Operation FOXCHASE

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm
"Malloy. How quickly could we evac? Hawthorne needs to arrive at dusk or dawn. There is a sufficient landing zone nearby."
"Sir." Malloy nodded and went to operate the radio set, then hesitated. "Wait, is that an...earthquake?"

There is noticeable tremor in the ground beneath your feet and a distant rumbling sound, both of which that cease after a few moments. Then there is a droning sound, faint at first but grows louder until an airship peeks up over the jagged peaks to the east. Fortunately the airship is moving away from you as it climbs into the sky, but is soon followed by a handful of others. From what you can make out of the aero-flotilla, it is made up of a cruiser-class aero-vessel and it's escorts heading eastwards in formation.

As the flotilla moves away, the earth tremor and distant rumbling noise return.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

"Let's track those airships. Get vantage points to map their location and possible destination."

It is obvious that Crowley completely disregards the severity of the "earthquake".

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 3
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shackles
Round 0

“I would guess that was the opening and closing of bay doors to let the ships out,” Penelope said, watching the aero-flotilla drift away. “It must be in the cliff face.” She looked toward the cave to be sure no one was coming out that exit to catch them out on the cliffside, while also trying to keep an eye on the ships that just left.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:30 pm
Crusor_Peter45 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 am
@Aleister Crowley ”this isn’t the right location” he looked at Crowley before looking back at the cave. “I’m still want to see if I can’t infiltrate the facility, it might have intel on where the main one is”
"We need to take precautions, but additional intel is warranted."

"Malloy. How quickly could we evac? Hawthorne needs to arrive at dusk or dawn. There is a sufficient landing zone nearby."

“What about ventilation shafts? If it’s a giant bunker in there it’s going to need large ventilation shafts. In theory large enough for a person”

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Penelope Lane wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:52 am
“I would guess that was the opening and closing of bay doors to let the ships out,” Penelope said, watching the aero-flotilla drift away. “It must be in the cliff face.”
"Aye, that would be me guess." Malloy concurred, then jerked a thumb at the 'cave'. "Reckon that must be an auxiliary entrance, used fer small craft rather than using the big doors."

"Wot am I calling fer sir?" Asked Malloy. "Evac or reinforcements?"

Note To Players

To determine where the pirate aero-flotilla is heading, make a Notice roll and then a Common Knowledge roll. Failure on the Notice roll will incur a -1 penalty on the Common Knowledge roll, each raise on the Notice roll grants +1 to the latter roll.

You also need to decide what you're doing regarding the pirate base.

Evacuating the entire team?

Calling in reinforcements and leading an assault?

Just letting the RAF deal with the whole thing?

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Crowley is evaluating the daprting flotilla. "Seems they are leaving in a hurry."

"
Common Knowledge 1d8!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
"

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 4
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Common Knowledge 2
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shackles
Round 0

Penelope looked in the direction the pirates were heading, but she couldn’t figure out what they were up to. “Why don’t we see if we can sneak in and see the base while we wait for reinforcements?” she suggested. “If they’ve left, how many are left in the base?”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Your best guess on the flotilla's course is that it's heading due east. Whilst admittedly the flotilla could turn and attack either along the Alyeskan coastline or the air route from the Home Isles, keeping the heading would take them straight to Coalition territory.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

stormwell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Your best guess on the flotilla's course is that it's heading due east. Whilst admittedly the flotilla could turn and attack either along the Alyeskan coastline or the air route from the Home Isles, keeping the heading would take them straight to Coalition territory.
Crowley judges the course direction of the flotilla to that of his maps.

"Malloy. Prepare to copy and relay."

"Message to Hawthorne and Collins."

"Flotilla en route to Coalition. Prepare accordingly."

"Landing Team Status: Casualties sustained. One Dead. Wounded Stable."

"Back door located. Surveillance Yes. Sabotage Likely."

"Requests. MedEvac Immediately. Reinforcements ASAP. Extraction Plan No Change."

"End Transmission."




"Malloy. Man comms and stay secreted away."

to @Crusor_Peter45 and @Penelope Lane

"First priority is more secure location. That hangar has got to have a place where we can secure and move the wounded where they will be out of sight and danger."

"Second priority is locating more exact details where the flotilla is headed."

"Nuetralize any threat. Lethal force if necessary."

"Once we have the extent of the base, we will decide on our next set of actions and plans."

"Questions? Concerns?"

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor merely readied his weapon “Should I scout ahead while you prepare the wounded?” He looked to the bunker before he looked back to the sergeant. “I’d also be glad to start knocking heads to warm them up if you’d like”

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Shackles
Round 0

“We also have to assume they left someone in the base,” Penelope said. “Maintenance crew at the least, if not some basic security. We could move the wounded into the cave, but I don’t know how long term that is viable. Not too hidden, though more shelter from the elements. I’ll take a look at the door, see if I can get it to open.”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Aleister Crowley wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:51 pm
"Malloy. Prepare to copy and relay."

"Message to Hawthorne and Collins."

"Flotilla en route to Coalition. Prepare accordingly."

"Landing Team Status: Casualties sustained. One Dead. Wounded Stable."

"Back door located. Surveillance Yes. Sabotage Likely."

"Requests. MedEvac Immediately. Reinforcements ASAP. Extraction Plan No Change."

"End Transmission."
Malloy nodded and set about tapping out the message, then waited a few minutes until he got a reply. "Sir, message acknowledged. Help is two hours out."

"We're to secure our current location and gather intel on the base, though avoid engagements if possible."

When Penelope checks the door in the 'cave', surprisingly it isn't secured and opens easily enough. On the other side of the door is a tunnel that reaches a short distance into the mountain and appears to end in a much larger cavern. There is a distant, feeble glow and there is the noise similar to a workshop or factory but it seems minute somehow.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Shackles
Round 0

“It’s open,” Penelope reported to the others as she slid the door in the cave open. There was a tunnel leading to a larger cavern and a feeble glow and sounds of a workshop. ”So we have two hours. Keep the channel open and let us know when reinforcements arrive.” She started to head carefully down the short tunnel to get a look at the larger cavern.
Stealth 4
Stealth 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley pats @Penelope Lane on the shoulder. "Nicely done Ms. Lane"

" @Crusor_Peter45 Mr. Crusor if you will lead please. Ms. Lane and then I will follow."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter throws a thumbs up before he readies his shield and pistol. He quickly but smoothly moves into the door way

Notice check
1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8
1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8

Stealth
1d6: [4] = 4
1d10: [8] = 8

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

The 'cavern' led through to a hanger/workshop area where there were a handful of aircraft; some fighters and a couple of gyro-carriers. Tools were left laying around and some fuel barrels lined one wall. At the far end of this area was a balcony that overlooked a gigantic chamber carved out of the mountain and home to a handful of skyships. Only a couple of escort class aero-vessels were present, by the look of things they were undergoing some work. Though the facilities present and the space showed that the vast chamber could accommodate round half a dozen or so skyships with ease.

Here could be seen the vast metal hanger doors you heard earlier, great big slabs of metal that looked like they slid open via the use of some heavy machinery. Above all was the faded flag of the Kingdom of Tyland, a reminder of glory days for this secret base.

It was possible that the base could contain upwards of a few hundred, though thankfully it appeared only a fraction of personnel were about tending to various tasks.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley scans the air craft below. He notes which ones look older and more run down. He checks off various sizes and carrying capacities. He watches for those that the mechanics are leaving alone.
Academics 1d8!!: [7] = 7 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
.

"If we can find one in operating order we can use a fire to flush the mechanics out of the hangar."

As he explains he points to the fuel barrels and the large hangar doors near the balcony.

"We need one aircraft large enough to get us and the marines out of here."

"Distraction. Then possibly destruction. But certainly getting the hell out of here."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter glances over at Crowley “you do realize fire is gonna suck away all the oxygen. And in an enclosed space like this that seems very dangerous. Plus we have to get the hanger doors open as well...I suppose if we steal some air tanks...it could work.”

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Notice 7
Notice 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Shackles
Round 0

“Tyland,” Penelope murmured, noting the flag. The place was huge. Did they really have that many skyships?

“Yes, we will need those doors opened,” Penelope agreed. “Where are the controls?”

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

The majority of aircraft present were older Tylandish models dating from the Great Darmonican War, newer models tended to be Coalition ones or the odd one or two captured from other nations. Their size seemed to be consistent, all were small enough to fit through the tunnel from where you entered. The balcony bore a gap and short ramp big enough for a single aircraft, the crane above it suggested this might be where aircraft were off-loaded from airships to have work done in the hanger/workshop area where you currently are.

Glancing round the larger cavern there appears to be some sort of control facing the large metal doors, nestled upon gantries and an exposed stairwell. There is a light you inside but you cannot easily tell if it is currently occupied.

Other things of note are all the signs that appear to be in Tylandish and Tylandish markings on crates that appear to be over a decade old, though items marked with the Coalition seem to be much newer.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley's eyes settle on the control room and then over to the crane. "Time for some mechanical espionage."

"That crane can wreck the planes in here sufficiently so they won't fly."

"Leave one of the planes near the tunnel intact."

"The control room will give us access to the doors from whence we came."

"Avoid contact as much as possible. Anyone that gets in your way. Kill'em."

"Any questions?"

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Stealth 7
Stealth 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Shackles
Round 0

Penelope nodded to Crowley. She pulled her firebolt pistol and started to creep toward the control console. No need to make noise by starting shooting right away if they could get there unnoticed -- or at least as far as they could before they got noticed.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Note to Players

OK, this next bit I'm gonna run like a Dramatic Task.

You have three rounds to achieve nine tokens (effectively three each), you also have free reign over choice of what skill(s) to use if you think something is suitable (though drop me a message if there is something you want to run past me first).

Now I want each of you to do three rounds of rolling in one go as one post.

Good luck!

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley begins
Academics 1d8!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
of the boxes by reading the labels on the crates.

He keeps a close eye on both of his remaining crew and offers encouragement and direction from his place behind one of the larger less dangerous crates.

Support Penelope w/ Common Knowledge 1d8!!: [7] = 7 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Support Peter w/ Persuassion 1d8!!: [7] = 7

+1 for @Penelope Lane on Task 2 Roll
+1 for @Crusor_Peter45 on Task 2 Roll

Support Peter w/ Survival 1d8!!+2: [1]+2 = 3 Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 Support Penelope w/ Persuassion 1d8!!: [7] = 7

+1 for @Crusor_Peter45 on Task 3 Roll
+1 for @Penelope Lane on Task 3 Roll

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

OOC Comments
Notice
1d6+2: [5]+2 = 7
1d6+2: [3]+2 = 5
Stealth
1d10+1: [8]+1 = 9
1d6+1: [2]+1 = 3
Fighting
1d10+1: [7]+1 = 8
1d6+1: [3]+1 = 4
Peter quickly set to work providing overwatch. Almost immediately spotting the guard, who’s routes would eventually hit their position. He then carefully and silently moved over to the one unlucky pirates who knew nothing of any of their presence. It only took a quickly shield strike to the neck, and the man was down with Crusor already moving him out of the way.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Penelope Rolls; 4 successes
Stealth 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Weird Science 1d8!!: [11!!] = 11
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Repair 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Shackles
Round 0

Penelope crept forward carefully toward the controls. There was a guard nearby, but he didn’t see her as she wrapped an arm around his neck and pressed her firebolt pistol into his back. The glim-tech device was a lot quieter than a regular pistol, and what noise it made was muffled by the guard’s body. She just hoped no one else noticed the smell of burned clothes and flesh, or it didn’t set off any fire suppression systems.

Penelope then crept over to the control board and started operations to open the doors and cause some havoc with the cranes.

***

Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 20/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100
The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Like spectres, you move unseen through the pirate's base passing half-faded signs in Tylandish and moth chewed flags. The base had a skeleton staff who, for the most part, you're able to avoid save for the odd one or two who are easily dealt with. At last you are in position and ready to initiate the next stage of your plan.

Stealth has gotten you this far, though your presence is about to be announced for all and sundry.

Note to Players

The moment the big hanger doors start to crank open the pirates in the base are going to realise they have company.

To this end this next bit is going to be done as a Quick Encounter, make a single roll (combat, Weird Science or something else to impede the pirates) and describe what you do.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Defending the controls 7; Success!
Weird Science 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Power Points used 11
3d6: [2, 4, 5] = 11
Shackles
Round 0

After confirming with the others that they were ready, Penelope threw the switch on the control panel, activating the large hanger doors. Then she ducked behind some cover.

The alarm was raised, and a couple of the pirates ran up to the control booth. Penelope held them off with her firebolt pistol, blasting away at them, starting a few of the crates on fire. Soon smoke and flames were filling the cavern.

***

Bumps and Bruises (24 hr)
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 9/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Peter was utilizing his ax to cut away at the cargo netting before knocking over boxes to block the path of the incoming guards.

Athletics
1d4: [4] = 4
1d6: [4] = 4
Ace
1d4+4: [1]+4 = 5

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Surveying the situation, he knows the hangar doors are going to draw attention. Crowley surveys the crates and such nearby, looking for anysign that they contain
Academics 1d8!!: [6] = 6 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
.

Utilizing his previously scrutinezed information, Crowley identifies a crate, marked in Tylandish as being his target. As close as he is able he drops the hoist onto the crate, either hitting it direct from the top of swinging into it from the side.

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

Chaos ensues as panic and confusion sets in amongst the sky pirates, it is clear they weren't expecting an attack even from such an unexpected quarter. Cries and shouts go up as an alarm bell starts ringing, though the pirates' confusion works against them as they fail to co-ordinate their efforts and pinpoint where the attack is coming from. Being struck from multiple different angles and some explosions on the part of Crowley helps keep the pirates in disarray.

Note to Players

Approaching the endgame here, so entirely your call on what happens next.

*Do you defeat the pirates?

*Get them to surrender?

*Make good your escape?

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley signals for a roundup of the pirates. "Subdue them by any means necessary."

Returning to Malloy, "Radio in to get us out of here. Let them know we are bringing home some extra baggage. Maybe be best to setup a welcome party here for the returning pirates."

Crowley assists in the cleanup and roundup of the pirates. He also works with @Crusor_Peter45 and @Penelope Lane to get the landing zones clear.

Crowley waits for the brass to arrive then escorts them through the complex. He does check in to see that the prisoners are being loaded as well as the wounded marines. He is the last aboard and watches out the bay as the Shackles disappear from view. The last visit here was too much. Future missions here will require greater planning.

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Shackles
Round 0

Penelope felt her injuries as she surveyed the captured pirates. She felt a bit like Sergeant York during the war, one man with hundreds of prisoners. Well, one woman and two men. Her injuries weren’t too bad, mostly bruises and scrapes. The explosions had really unnerved them, and her flame bolts only added to the fear, especially when she threatened to take the parachutes and fire into the fuel tanks. Risky, but worth it.

When the authorities arrived to deal with the prisoners and the facility, Penelope joined Crowley at the rail. “Gods, I could use a bath,” she said. “I smell like aero-fuel and smoke. A nice massage wouldn’t be objected to, either,” the young lady said with a satisfied smile.

***

Bumps and Bruises (24 hr)
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 9/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Crowley hands Penelope a small packet of rose petals and lavendar.

"Something for your bath. Looks like this was an item that the pirates had no idea how to use."

User avatar
Penelope Lane
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 4:29 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Penelope Lane »

Shackles
Round 0

Penelope held the sachet up to her nose and inhaled. “Oh, this will be lovely, Crowley,” she said, flashing him a beautiful smile. “Now we just need to get back to civilization -- and someplace warm.” She shivered a bit. Despite the layers, the wind did seem to get everywhere.

***

Bumps and Bruises (24 hr)
Character Tracking
Penelope Lane Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 5
PP: 14/20; Recovery: 5/hour
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Bolt, Darksight
Rifle Ammo: 10/10
  • Spare ammo: 100
Revolver Ammo: 6/6
  • Spare ammo: 100


The Ravener
Zephyr-class Armed Merchant Cruiser
Size: 16 (Gargantuan/6 Wounds)
Handling: -2
Top Speed: 75 MPH
Toughness: 14/4 (2/0) - Gondola/Envelope
Weapons: 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Left), 3x 6-inch cannons (Fixed Right)
Crew: ~50
Notes: 6x engines (3 either side), capacity for 3 light or medium sized aircraft (1 air deck + 2 launch ramps), Heavy Armor

User avatar
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by stormwell »

The Ravener is one of the RAF airships that arrive and dock in the pirate base, already a company of Aero-Marines was securing the base and rounding up prisoners. Hawthorne is waiting by the gangplank as you board, he nods to @Aleister Crowley and pulls out a written note.

"Communique from the Righ Gaelin; Have intercepted and engaged the Black Fox, cloud cover afford us a surprise volley at close quarters. Pirates have struck colours capture effected by boarding by the RAMs." Hawthorne handed the note over to Crowley before continuing. "There was also a signal from Alyeska Command, from Air Vice-Admiral Cunningham himself, congratulating you on the completion of your mission."

Crusor_Peter45
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Crusor_Peter45 »

Crusor didn’t seem as much interested in the note. As he was still very preoccupied with dealing with prisoners. Being shorter and not as intimidating required him to be a lot more rough on the two that he had. One went to run thinking the small Ram couldn’t stop him but instead became an expert of the taste of Peters shield when it was slammed into his face.

User avatar
Aleister Crowley
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Re: Operation FOXCHASE

Post by Aleister Crowley »

It is not likely that the Brass will forget his past, the fact that he had survived several missions, as the only survivor, did not seem to sit well with them. This mission's success was a good start at repairing the hurt feelings and misunderstandings being Crowley and the Brass. @stormwell .

He does make the necessary arrangements to exhume the body of the fallen RAM and begins making the necessary recommendations for commendations and promotions. @Crusor_Peter45 and @Penelope Lane were stellar. Malloy out did himself and kept his wits about him. Crowley makes a personal note in handwriting and glyphs that he only understands. Malloy on future missions would be a bonus.
Note to Gm
Could use Lappin as your NPC. May have been bitten by the wolves in hollow while in the Shackles.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”