0.1 Opening Scene at the Freshly Juiced Dragon

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

0.1 Opening Scene at the Freshly Juiced Dragon

Post by Daniel »

GM Post 1
Conflicted
Famous Prepper Crazy Cade wrote:
6 Ways to find direction without using a compass.

In the wild without a compass? If'n you can't remember how to do the following you likely gunna die. Here are six ways to find directions:

1. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
2. Magnetize a needle by charging it with static electricity. To do that just rub it in your hair. Then place it on top of a floating leaf, the tip of the needle will point north.
3. Sun lies due south at 12:00 P.M.
4. Use your old fashioned none smart watch. Point your hand at the sun. Half way between the hour hand and the 12 is due south.
5. At Night, find the North Star. Seriously, you should know which one it is. Sigh.
6. Here's a fun one, the Sun Stick Shadow method - find a stick and prop it up in the air with rocks. Place a rock at the end of the shadow with a rock. Wait 10-15 minutes and mark the shadow again. The line between the two markers are east west. The first marker is east the second is west.

To earn a Reward, answer the following questions:
A. Have you ever used a compass in real life?
B. Do you own a compass?
C. Tell us of one time you used it, when and where, if you have? If you have not, ever needed one and wished you had one?

Reward: So remember that you can answer the Opening Conflicted, the one in the OOC area, for a free bennie to start the game out with.

If you answer this Conflicted in your post (put into a OOC please) you earn a +2 to your next roll. That's right a 2 added to whatever the next roll is that you make. Must be used on next roll.

DECEMBER 14th, 2098
San Diego, California
Pre-Fall, Golden Age. The Get Together at the Freshly Juiced Dragon. Pre Scenario RP time.

San Diego

Sunny San Diego. Even in December the weather is pretty pleasant and a high of 66 degrees Fahrenheit (18 celsius) is expected today, the low being 50 F (or 10 C). Lots of sun today, no clouds. Located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, San Diego is widely known as “America's Finest City.” Famous for its miles and miles of white-sand beaches and amazing weather, the city offers an abundance of fun attractions for visitors of all ages. Additionally San Diego is home to both NEMA (Northern Eagle Military Alliance, federal protection and law enforcement) and US Navy docks and manufacturing sites. Located ocean side, on Schley Street near Main Street is a fabulous little friendly Juice and Coffee bar, the Freshly Juiced Dragon. The owner is a pleasant fellow and his shop affords a spectacular view of the harbor and the wondrous Naval ships docked here. The occasional view of some Navy flying power armor is seen flying by. Wild and crazy new inventions built by the Navy draw oows and awes from passerby's as golden age technologies bloom.

View
Located inside the Freshly Juiced Dragon is a friendly staff awaiting to serve you. The last few months Savine has been working here. She’s friendly and comes across as pretty intelligent. She’s enrolled in SD State college as a freshman. Majoring in psychology and minor in business.

FJD barista Savine
A brightly lite, clean charming juice bar.

FJD Inside
Stepping inside you see a few familiar faces, and a few new ones. Mostly civilians with a few typical Naval members hanging around in both crisp uniforms or off duty and in work out gear.

Benny Flippin Gumbo sits on a stool with a smile on his face and seems to be checking his handheld device. Savine, the white haired young barista is ringing up a customer at the counter and soft upbeat music emits from hidden speakers.

Relaxing atmosphere. Calming music. Friendly smiles. Yummy drinks. A little slice of heaven.

Either sitting at a stool, booth, or in line to get your favorite drink, all feels right in this golden world. If even only for just this moment.

PEOPLE INSIDE THE FJD
People in the FJD:
  • Benny (Pender Lumkiss/Jon) PLAYER CHARACTER
  • Savine (Barista NPC): Savine can be talked to and one thing she mentions is that tonight she is playing in a band with some other college students at the RED EAGLE. A Notice check success and you see the Navy cop raise a worried eyebrow at the mention of the RED EAGLE. A Common Knowledge skill roll, if you have the Edge Streetwise remember to use it, and you know the RED EAGLE is a bar in San Diego that can be dangerous. Savine hands out a flyer for the concert to anyone who likes one.
  • All of you Player Characters: Interact as you like.
  • Sgt Thomas Killian Prosek and his K9, Grim. (a talkative NPC Naval Police K-9 unit who frequents the FJD, Grim the dog is super friendly): Thomas Prosek likes to talk, likes good PR and loves his K9, Grim. Grim is resting at his feet and is a super friendly dog, to the point that you wouldn't think the dog was also a "cop". Thomas is reading the news paper on a tablet. He's willing to talk about any of the headlines:

✪ Northern Eagle Military Alliance forces deployed to South America!

✪ US Navy officially unveils USS Ticonderoga, secret for three years now, the worlds first submersible aircraft carrier!

✪ Bio solar cells, power your internal bio comps with invisible solar cells in your skin!
  • Lukas (NPC homeless guy, little off putting, the smell, and nuts but never mean): He will talk to you about the end coming, things cannot last, the golden age will end soon. Woe and dire. He goes on about Dragon Lines and the disciples of Lazlo Agency warnings of creatures in the night.
  • Six random strangers who are here for a drink. You talk to one of them, you name them and decide the conversation etc.
  • If you talk to a NPC listed above I’ll do my best to respond ASAP. You can talk to each other too! After a bit I will post the next GM Post where you witness something that’ll spark more conversation.

Arrive, order your favorite drink, interact.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Stones

Re: 0.1 Opening Scene at the Freshly Juiced Dragon

Post by Stones »

Conflicted _
1. Ever used a compass in real life? Numerous times. Cub Scouts. Boy Scouts. Advanced Boy Scouts (US Army). Personal life as well.

2. Do you own a compass? I have a couple. BSA Map Compass and a Non-Military Lensatic Compass.

3. Tell us of one time you used it, when and where, if you have? If you have not, ever needed one and wished you had one?

As a Boy Scout, I participated in my first Orienteering Merit Badge at the age fourteen. The Camp was an over nighter and it was the first time I had gone cold weather camping as we were in Pennsylvainia. It was late February/early March and the ground got incredibly cold. I nearly froze to death and was never more grateful for a cold grey sunrise then the following Saturday morning.

At first light I was out of the tent and doing laps around the decent size campground. I was cold.

An orienteering course is pretty simple. You have a compass, a topographical map, and a sheet with 6 to 10 map coordinates. Using the map, compass, and your own pace count, you locate markers on the course and punch your card. When you are done you head back to the scoring table to find out how you did. For a first time, I think we got 5 or 6 out of the ten markers correct.

Side Note: Day Time Land Navigation is gnerally way easier than Night Time Land Navigation.
Stones ducks into the FJD quickly and waits for a local peace rally mob to move on down the street. It it hard some times to be a individual who understands and agrees with both sides of the Big Corp/Green Peace arguements. A necessity Stones feels often, Big Corp has thier place as does the folks at Green Peace.

The group heading down the street towards the harbor and the new Navy ship being unveiled is one he does not want to be apart of.

Slipping into an empty seat away from the glass door, Stones finds himself greeted by Sgt Thomas and the warm wet muzzle of Grim, the K9. Bending down Stones gives the on duty canine a good scratch behind both ears. Grim doesn't growl so much as he hums deeply. Very deeply.

Grim humming is cause enough for Thomas to drop the paper he was reading. Seeing Stones, "Avoiding another conflict are you?"

"Like I said before Thomas. Knowing where and what you stand for is just as important as knowing when something contradicts your beliefs and you shouldn't have anything to do with it."

Thomas raises the newspaper after a curt, "Uh-huh" and Stones sees in a spot on the last page about skin-toned solar cells for charging internal bio comps.

Stones drums his fingers on the table. When Thomas puts the paper down again, Stones asks, "Is the Navy sponsoring the solar cell/bio-comp research?"
Wesley "Stones" McAlister
Parry:4, Toughness: 6
Conviction:
Ven Nealson

Post by Ven Nealson »

Conflicted
Ever used a compass? Yes, see below
Own a compass? Not any more -- used to have a Chevy Blazer that had a compass mounted in the upper console (where the sunglasses holder was).
When did you use it: Actually used it fairly often when navigating, especially back when I was a pizza delivery driver in college -- when streets weren't well-marked, it was handy to know which direction I was headed.
”The Navy? Nah, all those geeks are interested in are implanted O2 filters and fat injections so they can swim around in the deep without wetsuits,” Ven says as he takes a seat at the bar on the other side of Prosek.

He motions for Savine and orders his regular: ”One of those kale things Benny does, but with about half as much wasabi. I felt like I grew a hernia that caught fire and died last time.”

Pointing at the headline about solar cell implants on Prosek’s tablet, he shakes his head.

”Word of advice: I’d wait until at least the second generation before getting any of that installed. There were some nasty side effects with cellular retention of environmental toxins when I lef ... last I heard, anyway, and they don’t have anybody on staff right now who's smart enough to figure it out.”
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats
That Science Guy Who Lost His Shit
Bennies: 3/3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10 Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 4; Toughness: 5; Strain:
Hindrances: Curious (M), Hesitant (m), Shamed (m)
Common Knowledge d6, Notice d4, Persuasion d6
Edges and Abilities of Note: Calculating (ignore 2 pts of penalties if initiative is 5 or less), Jack-of-All-Trades, Hesitant (draws two initiative cards, takes lowest unless a Joker)
Notable Cybernetics: Datajack
Sam Higgs

Post by Sam Higgs »

OOC Comments
A. Have you ever used a compass in real life? Nah, I'm a city-boy. You know which way is North in Chicago by looking at the street numbers.
B. Do you own a compass? Oddly enough, yes. My baseline detective kit (which includes fingerprinting gear, magnifying glass and other odds and ends needed for the trade) does include one, but I've never even pulled it out of the plastic casing.
C. Tell us of one time you used it, when and where, if you have? If you have not, ever needed one and wished you had one? Not yet. However, if he ends up not being able to go back to Chicago because of the corrupt cops looking for payback, he was thinking about blowing some of his savings and doing some trail backpacking. He doesn't realize it, of course, but yes, he'd absolutely regret not having a compass then.

SAVINE STUFF:
Notice [dice:23rdd179]54865:0[/dice:23rdd179]
Wild Notice [dice:23rdd179]54865:1[/dice:23rdd179]

Common Knowledge w/ Streetwise [dice:23rdd179]54865:2[/dice:23rdd179]
Wild CK [dice:23rdd179]54865:3[/dice:23rdd179]
Sam comes in, wearing a light jacket (mainly for once it gets cooler tonight), and looks around the Juice Bar. His gaze passes over the Navy K-9 man blandly, but he doesn't actually react visibly to the man's presence. On the other hand once he orders his kiwi-strawberry-coconut blend with extra ginsing, he heads to a corner table well away from the dog (or at least, his human owner).

When Savine comes over, he smiles warmly--honestly, she may be the reason he's become such a regular. Not hitting on her, exactly, because he figures he's only in town another month or two, and besides, it wouldn't be fair to get anyone else tangled in his messy life. But she's amiable and chatty, and sometimes that helps soothe his nerves a bit. When she gives him the flyer, he misses the cop's reaction because of his own. "I know I haven't been in town long, Savine, but that bar has a rep. Your band got some serious muscle that can clear a hole if things turn ugly?" What the hell--not like it'd be a date, really.... "If not, I could show up, just keep an eye out for trouble, get you--the band, I mean--clear if things go south."

Even if she declines the offer, he figures he'll swing by there during the show, just to be on the safe side...

Then he gets distracted by the arrival of Lukas--he counters the homeless man's rant about the imminent end of the Golden Age by pointing out that the GA was never anything but a smokescreen created by Zurich to keep the masses content and happy. It's an old argument between the doomsayer and the conspiracy buff, by this point, and most of the regulars probably know that it's better for their sanity to stay out of it if they can....
Parry:5, Toughness: 5
Conviction:
ISP: 15/15
  • Divination: Get answers from local spirits (Currently Dormant)
Combat Edges:
NONE
Benny Gumbo

Post by Benny Gumbo »

Benny looks up from his phone. Most folks thought he was surfing the net or walking in the cloud, but really he was scoping out the weather conditions so he could go surfing after the bar closed. He shrugged finally deciding it did not matter. The Rim of Fire compitetiin was just arround the corner and he needed to catch as many waves as he could before next week came to a close.

Looks like the regulars are coming in...

Benny directs Savine with a text message to send Stones his local made FJD t-shirt. He did not have an issue with corporate made t-shirts so to speak. Japan and China made great cheap products these days, but he did have a problem with Stones sporting his pecks like he did. Someone could loose an eye or go blind! He glanced at the front door to his dismay the no shirt no service sign had gone missing once again. But that Crazy Cade reporter was lurking a again.

Benny Flippin Gumbo (BFG to most) sighed and went to the door. The reporter blasted benny with a string of questions about compus’. Who even uses those Dude? I got GPS, even when I hike my watch has GPS, my phone has GPS, my boots have an emergency radio transponder just in case I fall down a ravine and break my neck. Who even uses those anymore? Benny smiled and as laid back as honey made wine eased into his answer, ” Dude...” Benny tapped up a CADE sign with a circle and a line through it. ” Dude...” Benny pointed to the sign and walked back inside.

Benny smiled and waved at some of the regulars making sure they were well attended, ” Stones, got you that shirt. Local made from some Manoan’s back hair if I am not mistaken. Sam, Zurich still gots us by the balls? Glad to see nothing has changed.” Benny’s voice dropped low as he passed the concperacy nut. ” Savine... Likes gold fish, can’t get enough.”. Benny was always more than willin’ to give someone a shot with Savine.

He shook the hand of the sgt, and really any vet or service man or woman he was aware of, ” Sgt good to see you, The nets buzzing with South America... Whats the word there? Am I going to loose this little slice of heaven?” Benny chuckled clearly joking but still interested in what the man had to say.
Stones

Post by Stones »

Stones grumbled a little bit but could not complain. @Benny Gumbo "Good call on the shirt size 3XL."

To be quite honest, the group headed to the naval docks had been filled with Oggling Mollys and he had lost his shirt this morning to their adorations. Good thing I had not decided to wear my buck skin vest.

His special arrived. The Rice, Beef Fat, and fresh veggies were enough to make anyone leave it alone, but for Stones it was a reminder of home and the simpleness of the Highlands. Nothing like hagus.
Conviction:
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

The door chimed as a pretty Latina woman came into the juice bar, in black yoga pants that showed off a trim figure, and a charcoal grey tanktop with the faded logo of a grinning white skull on the front, with a little worm poking out of it as if the skull was an apple. Her right arm was artificial, showing little seams in the plastic skin of it, even if the light mocha coloration matched her natural skin tone quite well. Her black hair was pulled back into a bun at the back of her neck, though the right side of her head was shaved up to her crown.

She consulted her watch as she went over to the counter, bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet to try to keep her heart rate up as she ordered.

"Hey Savine, gimme a DEFCON Five, and put an extra pepper in there alright? Had a late shift the other night."

The barista smiled and started collecting the ingredients. "We're gonna have to invent a new defcon if you keep putting more peppers in, Juno."

Juno grinned. "What can I say? Takes more than oral thermonuclear war to keep me happy." Then she grimaced a little. "That...didn't come out right. You know what I meant."

Savine laughed and shoved a flyer across the counter. "Can't do much about the oral part, but there's going to be some audio warfare going on at the Red Eagle tonight. You should come by. My crew's playing."

The look that Juno gave Savine as the barista fired up the blender was more sober than she had been a moment before, and she let herself come to a complete stop for the first time since coming in. When Savine brought the tall glass of frothy veggie-smoothie destruction over to her, Juno commented, "Red Eagle, huh? Kind of a rough place for a college band. You, uh...got anyone watching out for you?"

Instinct more than anything made Juno spare a second's glance at Thomas, sitting nearby, and she felt a little better seeing his reaction to the news as well.

Conflicted and other rolls

Yes, though not for a very long time.

B. Do you own a compass?

Not these days.

C. Tell us of one time you used it, when and where, if you have? If you have not, ever needed one and wished you had one?

Learned to use them in Cub Scouts, and dad and I used to use them sometimes while hiking on camping trips. It was nice having one when we did a trip to Yosemite, I'll tellya. Not hard at ALL to get lost out there, though in the end we managed to stay close enough to the trails it wasn't a problem.

Notice [dice:1u0yk0zk]54878:0[/dice:1u0yk0zk] or [dice:1u0yk0zk]54878:1[/dice:1u0yk0zk]

Common Knowledge (Streetwise edge) [dice:1u0yk0zk]54878:2[/dice:1u0yk0zk] or [dice:1u0yk0zk]54878:3[/dice:1u0yk0zk]
Ace [dice:1u0yk0zk]54878:4[/dice:1u0yk0zk]
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

GM Post 2
DECEMBER 14th, 2098
San Diego, California
Pre-Fall, Golden Age. The Get Together at the Freshly Juiced Dragon. Pre Scenario RP time.

Sounds of the protestors outside moves further down Schley Street, away from the Freshly Juiced Dragon. Thomas smiles at Stones and nods his head, "I told you before Stones, I'm more a glorified Security Guard than anything, the big wigs don't seem to ask me my opinion or tell me what the US Navy has in store for us. I would speculate though, that the Navy Eggheads here in San Diego got their fingers into some bio comp mess of some kind." Sgt. Thomas sets the tablet down for a moment and looks at Grim, "Traitor. The man have dog treats in his pockets?" Grim stops nuzzling Stones feet and lets out a low woof before settling back down at Thomas's feet to rest.

Chuckling, the Navy K9 patrolman nods at Ven, "You likely got it right. I think I will play it safe until the kinks all get worked out. I like the idea, but thus far I've only submitted to amplified hearing, as my right ear was damaged as a kid."

Several of those present hear Sam offering to go to the RED EAGLE later tonight to watch out for Savine and her crew.

Savine hands Sam a flyer and blushes a little. "10 PM. Um, no one in my crew is particularly ... street savvy or such, bunch of old world punk rocker kinds, and me. We are all in college together. Our band is the Neon Chrome Carbons. I didn't name it, I joined late when they decided to go with a female singer instead of a guy they, quote, fired... NCC."

Directed at both Sam and Juno, Savine mentions, "It would be super cool if you could come. I mean everyone is welcome. I know the RED EAGLE is kinda scary but they are actually paying us and more importantly, they are letting us play to a live crowd. I'm so excited."

Handing a small juiced drink to Lukas, Savine says, "Here Lukas, its on Sgt. Thomas, he said. Got vitamins and such in it. You come back later when things are not so busy and we will go through the lost and found together, tonight is going to be chilly."

As Benny quietly talks to Sam, from across the store Savine says, "I heard that boss. I do love Gold Fish, its my weakness."

Lukas excepts the drink and nods a thanks at the K9 handler, then looks at Sam, "TEOTWSWKI." Headed for the door the homeless man stops next to Sgt. Thomas Prosek and shows a small bone to the lawman, who eyes it a moment and nods yes. Bending over Lukas sets the bone next to Grim and heads for the door. He does not leave just yet.

Sighing Thomas says: "I have an overtime extra detail shift tonight. With the arrival of the USS Ticonderoga and the influx of protesters I cannot attend the concert tonight. The RED EAGLE is a known Lost Skeleton gang bar. Had I known, I would not have excepted the extra shift and attended. If any of you are around tonight," he looks at Sam, then Juno, and a few others in the area, "It would be cool if you went, to watch, out for, her and her band mates."

The last of the protestors disappears down the street, out of sight and hearing, of most.

PEOPLE INSIDE THE FJD
People in the FJD:
  • Benny (Pender Lumkiss/Jon) PLAYER CHARACTER
  • Savine (Barista NPC): Savine can be talked to and one thing she mentions is that tonight she is playing in a band with some other college students at the RED EAGLE. A Notice check success and you see the Navy cop raise a worried eyebrow at the mention of the RED EAGLE. A Common Knowledge skill roll, if you have the Edge Streetwise remember to use it, and you know the RED EAGLE is a bar in San Diego that can be dangerous. Savine hands out a flyer for the concert to anyone who likes one.
  • All of you Player Characters: Interact as you like.
  • Sgt Thomas Killian Prosek and his K9, Grim. (a talkative NPC Naval Police K-9 unit who frequents the FJD, Grim the dog is super friendly): Thomas Prosek likes to talk, likes good PR and loves his K9, Grim. Grim is resting at his feet and is a super friendly dog, to the point that you wouldn't think the dog was also a "cop". Thomas is reading the news paper on a tablet. He's willing to talk about any of the headlines:

✪ Northern Eagle Military Alliance forces deployed to South America!

✪ US Navy officially unveils USS Ticonderoga, secret for three years now, the worlds first submersible aircraft carrier!

✪ Bio solar cells, power your internal bio comps with invisible solar cells in your skin!
  • Lukas (NPC homeless guy, little off putting, the smell, and nuts but never mean): He will talk to you about the end coming, things cannot last, the golden age will end soon. Woe and dire. He goes on about Dragon Lines and the disciples of Lazlo Agency warnings of creatures in the night.
  • Six random strangers who are here for a drink. You talk to one of them, you name them and decide the conversation etc.
  • If you talk to a NPC listed above I’ll do my best to respond ASAP. You can talk to each other too! After a bit I will post the next GM Post where you witness something that’ll spark more conversation.
Feel free to continue to chat, enjoy a drink and RP as more Players join us.
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Stones

Post by Stones »

Stones breathes a sigh of relief as the protesters have mostly moved on. He scans the other clients and realizes there is someone here he was not expecting.

The young man in his twenties is certainly out of place. His dark hair is well kept and skin that looks like it has been freshly scrubbed and oiled. The man was so clean in clothes that were brand new. His pants still had the wrinkles from the shelf and if the man stood up he would have expected to see a sizing tag on his backside. The polo shirt he is wearing is also new yet without the folded wrinkles. His eyes were hidden behind a pair of silvered aviators. [Shades, a Nicks Six bio replicant spy for one of the Big Corps]

Stones leans in close to Thomas. Nodding to Shades. "How long has it been here?"

Thomas looks up from the tablet. "That Nicks Six has been here since opening."

Stones cursed under his breath, "For the life of the green hills of the Highlands."

"Thomas, any idea which Corp he works for?"
Conviction:
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

Juno just gives Thomas a nod and looks back across the counter at Savine before taking one of the business cards out of the little clear plastic holder, then writing a number across the back.

"Savine. If you feel like anything's going bad, or you need help, text me where you are okay? This number." Juno instructed, and pushed the card across at the barista. "I'm serious. I used to know some of the asshats that go there."
Sam Higgs

Post by Sam Higgs »

Sam nods to Savine. "Wouldn't miss it. Not exactly my type of music, so I'll probably stand out a bit, but hey, it might do to expand my tastes a bit." He blinks at the advice about goldfish, and mutters to Benny, confusedly. "Are we talking crackers or pets, here?"
Conviction:
Combat Edges:
NONE
Maria Mendoza

Post by Maria Mendoza »

Conflicted
Yes
B. Do you own a compass?
No
Used it for orientation course at Boy Scout camp. That was a long time ago. I don't remember much.
Notice 7
+2 Conflicted
Notice [dice:nwtc60it]54959:0[/dice:nwtc60it]
Wild [dice:nwtc60it]54959:1[/dice:nwtc60it]
Common Knowledge 8
Notice [dice:nwtc60it]54959:2[/dice:nwtc60it]
Wild [dice:nwtc60it]54959:3[/dice:nwtc60it]
Ace [dice:nwtc60it]54959:4[/dice:nwtc60it]
San Diego/Freshly Juiced Dragon
December 14, 2098/Morning

The black Dodge Charger roared to a stop in a suddenly open space in front of the Freshly Juiced Dragon.

“Luck is still with me,” the woman inside said with a grin. She levered out of the sports car, leading with black, heeled boots, skintight jeans, and a fitted blue top that accented her generous curves, shrugging into a black leather jacket against the morning chill. Her long black hair was pulled back in a ponytail. She walked into the juice bar and noted the usual assemblage of regulars. That damn cop was here with his dog. At least she’d showered at the shop last night after bringing in that load of heroin.

"Are we talking crackers or pets, here?"

“What do you think, hermano? Maria “Rio” Mendoza asked. She pulled out a small snack pack of the delicious, cheesy little fish and tossed them onto the counter in front of Savine, who lit up with a smile.

“My favorite person!” Savine said, blowing Rio a kiss.

“And yet I still wake up in the morning without you in my bed, mija, Rio said with a grin. “The usual.”

There was a snort of laughter from one of the tables and Rio shot a glare at the young Latino man sitting there. He was short, but built, wearing a black tank top that showed off muscles and tattoos. Que? Rio asked him. “You got somethin’ ta say, Nero?” she asked him.

“Just imaginin’ how she’d fit in yo’ bed with your social life, mamacita. Nero grinned.

“At least I get some.”

“I got somethin’ for ya, puta. Nero made a lewd gesture with his hips and hands.

Rio held up one fist and then did a motion of turning a crank to raise her middle finger at him.

“Here you go, Rio. Piña colada, extra caffeine and B vitamins,” Savine said, setting the smoothie in front of Rio, along with the flyer for her band.

Rio looked over the flyer as she sipped her smoothie. She noted the Red Eagle club and arched an eyebrow. “You be sure to bring your pepper spray,” she told Savine. “That’s a Tres Reyes club.” She considered her plans for the evening, if she could be there.

“I think I’ll stop by, make sure the pendejos behave themselves,” Rio said with a smile at Savine.

“Thanks, Rio,” Savine said with a returning smile as she handed over a chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich.

Rio made some friendly eye contact with others in the store, avoiding the Navy cop, just in case, and went to Nero’s table, kicking a chair around backward and straddling it. As she did, her jacket rose up a bit, revealing the tattoo on her lower back, just above the waistband of the jeans, a roman numeral III surrounded by a golden, jeweled crown. It matched a tattoo on Nero’s left bicep.

“So, coz, delivery last night was a milk run.” Rio spoke quietly and bit into her sandwich. She slid a set of keys across the table to him. Nestor wasn’t really her cousin; that was just how Tres Reyes referred to each other. They were family.

Bueno. You workin’ today?”

Rio shrugged. “Nah. Thought I’d Uber some, then crash until tonight an’ work at the shop. Got a BMW in.”

“Coo,” Nero said, nodding. He leaned closer. “Look. Need a pickup at the airport,” he said. “Yamato is comin’ in for a sit down.”

“Who he again?” Rio asked around a mouthful of chorizo and egg.

“Our Tokyo contact.” Nero leaned in closely, speaking in a whisper. “Our heroin middleman. Yakuza. So don’t fuck up, coz.”

“What’s the job?” She gave him a scathing look at the idea that she fucked up.

“Pickup. Bring to the meet. Take them to their hotel after. Should be wrapped up in time for your little date.” He nodded to Savine at the bar.

“Sounds easy enough. How many?”

“Yamato plus three guards. Take them to the Kobyashi.”

Rio raised an eyebrow. “Sushi and kobe steak? Good choice. Trouble?”

Nero shrugged. “S’posed ta be friendly. But word is the Red Triad are courtin’ him, too.”

“Fuckin’ chinks.”

Nero just nodded. “So eyes open. But like I said, should be coo.”

“Formal or informal?” Rio asked.

“Formal. Make a good impression,” Nero said.

Rio smiled and tossed her hair. “I always make a good impression, hermano.”

Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (1)
PP: 15/15
  • Luck: Boost Trait (self only)
Edgest
  • Ace: Ignore 2 points of penalties for Boating, Driving, Piloting; spend Bennies to Soak damage on vehicles you control.
First Aid kit: 3/3
Pistol: 17/17
  • Spare: 50
Shotgun: 6/6
  • Spare: 25
Bennies: 4/3
Gear
On Person
  • Smart phone
  • Pepper spray
  • Stun gun
  • Leather jacket
  • Switchblade
  • 9mm
In Car
  • Backpack
  • First aid kit
  • Flashlight
  • Tool kit
  • Shotgun
At Home
  • Tuxedo (day job uniform)
  • Laptop
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

GM Post 3
DECEMBER 14th, 2098
San Diego, California

Sgt. Thomas Prosek leans closer to Stones.

”KLS Corp. Same company that makes the Chromian Guardsman shinny walking tank armor....

... or maybe Cyberworks. The company that has linked computers across the Earth, moon and Mars. I don’t know. Might just be a Freelancer and work for them all.

Man. I hope some of you do go to Savine’s thing tonight.”

— — —

Savine hugs Juno, ”Thanks, I hope you and Sam both come. Oh new customer. Gotta make a drink.”

Overhearing Benny, Thomas, the Naval K9 handler smiles at Sam, ”My lady friend likes gummies. Totally normal. Savine, according to Benny, likes the cheesy cracker kind of Gold Fish, heh.”
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Stones

Post by Stones »

Stones nods at @Lars Thomas's comment. "I will be leaving shortly. Some leads to follow of my own. If I don't show up tomorrow morning for the usual, have Grim come find me down on pier 19. My cuurent transportation is docked there."

"Also that latina gal, she keeps giving you the eye and Grim here just stuck his nose straight up in the air. Has not moved except to put his nose in the air. You need me to stick around. Always happy to help out our servicemen." Stones gets a nuzzle from Grim, "And servicedogs as well."

A copy of the flyer for the Red Eagle sits with a few others on the table where Thomas and Stones are chatting. Reaching over, Stones picks up one, folds it neatly and sticks it into a pocket of HIS JEANS (I ain't wearing a damn kilt, fools).
Pier 19 Ride - Baja 36 Outlaw.jpg
Pier 19 Ride - Baja 36 Outlaw.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 19810 times
The Quest for Life Boat ^^^
Conviction:
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

GM Post 4
DECEMBER 14th, 2098
San Diego, California

The *chirp* of a radio on Sgt. Thomas Prosek’s belt beeps. As the Navy K9 officer groans the police dog at his feet stands alert.

”Come on Grim. Take care Stones. Be safe in your investigation.”

In a softer voice: “I’m well aware who the girl is but that’s not Navy jurisdiction, locals, not me. I’ve no real authority off base. Gotta go. Protesters are making a stink at one of the gates.”

Nodding at the other regulars and waving at Benny the Officer heads towards the exit. Lowering from the sky, effectively parked hovering over the Freshly Juiced Dragon, a Navy patrol hover car lowers to street level. High tech. White. Blue. Navy emblem. A testament to modern tech and Naval engineering.

Pushing a button on his belt the rear hatch opens for Grim and the police dog jumps into the rear compartment as the car is still lowering. That dog can jump. Once fully lowered, Prosek gets into the driver seat. Nuclear powered proportion engages and the patrol vehicle soars at top speed toward the navy base. Silent and fast.

Lukas, cheerfully waves a fist in the air and decides to also leave. Outside he jumps in air kicking heals together and runs away from the direction the patrol car went, yelling something about the end of days will arrive in less than a year, in roughly 666 days.

The Freshly Juiced Dragon is quite a moment.

Savine: ”Your. Math. Lukas.

Well I hope you guys can come tonight! I’m super excited to play live first time.”

Returning to her job and starting another drink Savine hums a soft tune and pockets the Gold Fish with a smile.

Message from the GM

Waiting on two more Player Characters to join us, VV and Corrigon.

Continue hanging out in the FJD? You can interact with each other. Or skip ahead to tonight at the RED EAGLE bar?

Let me know in Hangouts or OOC thread...

The Six Characters posted thus far, you six who have posted in this RP thread are approved Characters FYI.

Again I’m ready to roll, but know people might not be ready until July.

The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Maria Mendoza

Post by Maria Mendoza »

Nero left Rio to finish her breakfast, and the Latina made her way back to the bar, picking up a Union-Tribune from an empty table on the way. She hopped up on a stool and flipped the paper open, scanning the headlines.

“What’s NEMA doin’ in South America?” she asked, reading the headline. She started to read the article. She had a delivery to pick up in Caracas next week and deliver to Miami. If she had time, she wanted to stop in Havana for a bit of the night life. She started to hum the old song as she read.

Edges
  • Ace: Ignore 2 points of penalties for Boating, Driving, Piloting; spend Bennies to Soak damage on vehicles you control.
Gear
On Person
  • Smart phone
  • Pepper spray
  • Stun gun
  • Leather jacket
  • Switchblade
  • 9mm
In Car
  • Backpack
  • First aid kit
  • Flashlight
  • Tool kit
  • Shotgun
At Home
  • Laptop
Stones

Post by Stones »

Sgt. Prosek left and the Nick-Six stayed. Good and bad. I guess. Wouldn't mind it leaning more good than bad.

Stones begins figuring out his exit strategy from the FJD. Nick-Six don't handle well in water, but Stones was a good couple of miles from Pier 19 and his ride upto La Jolla Maritime Research.

On land, those Nick-Six are fast. Stones recalls having to outrun them a few times, and it is not something he cherishes doing.

Looking over at it now, Stones has not seen any movement from it. That could be good or bad as well. If it is a model with the new bio-skin solar-cell, that is bad as it is sitting in the sun absorbing the rays. On the other hand they need to maintain temperature in order to remain viably active and maybe this one is just cold.

Stones went to the counter, bought a bottled water and then asked for a smoothie cup filled with tap water. Keeping an eye on the Nick-Six, he returns to the table he had shared with Sgt. Prosek and Grim. Stones is certain he has seen no other movement.
Conviction:
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

“What’s NEMA doin’ in South America?”

Juno glanced over at the other woman. She'd seen her around, but didn't know her name.

"It's a mess down there," she said, taking another swallow of her smoothie. "NEMA's just trying to keep it from spilling over into Mexico." Juno shook her head dolefully. "It's going get worse before it gets better though, my opinion. Before, we were sending soldiers, not just tech, you know? Now we're just kinda...piling weapons onto 'em and hoping they'll win without spilling any of our own blood."

"Ask me, that's a mistake. But it's not my problem anymore, I guess."
Ven Nealson

Post by Ven Nealson »

"Yeah, cause dumping gasoline on a fire always works," Ven says, scooting his near-empty smoothie glass back across the bar.

Seeing the way Stones keep staring at the Nick-Six android, Ven leans over:

"If the skin-job is bugging you, just go tell it that it's causing you emotional distress. All the sanctioned models have Aasimov circuits that prevent them from harming humans -- and the unsanctioned models working for the spooks or Cyberworks or whoever are all programmed to act like they've got the inhibitors. Just go get in its face and it'll scram."
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats
Edges and Abilities of Note: Calculating (ignore 2 pts of penalties if initiative is 5 or less), Jack-of-All-Trades, Hesitant (draws two initiative cards, takes lowest unless a Joker)
Benny Gumbo

Post by Benny Gumbo »

Ven Nealson wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:30 pm "Yeah, cause dumping gasoline on a fire always works," Ven says, scooting his near-empty smoothie glass back across the bar.

Seeing the way Stones keep staring at the Nick-Six android, Ven leans over:

"If the skin-job is bugging you, just go tell it that it's causing you emotional distress. All the sanctioned models have Aasimov circuits that prevent them from harming humans -- and the unsanctioned models working for the spooks or Cyberworks or whoever are all programmed to act like they've got the inhibitors. Just go get in its face and it'll scram."
Benny looked up from his phone after checking what time Savine's band was supposed to go on. Still got plenty of time, I'll need to close the shop up a bit early but... Or we go rouge and do a little pop up shop with my ninja 9000 juicer. He grabs a few dragon fruits and a red bottle under the table. He tossed the ingredients to Sav whom moments later gave him a 12oz glass of something amber and on fire.

Benny ever the humble host put it in front of Ven with an easy smile, "Dude... Here you go one Gasoline Fire. 25.99." After a quick pause to check his phone Benny resumed a bit of Chitchat with Ven, "So Ven, catching any good waves? Any shows on you dig these days?"
Sam Higgs

Post by Sam Higgs »

Sam interjects into the South American discussion, unable to hold back any further. "Pouring gasoline on a fire is a great idea, if your goal is a larger blaze. Bigger conflict means more buyers for the weapons cartels. You'd be surprised how many former NEMA and Navy officials--particularly those who pushed policies that stoked things up a bit in forgotten corners of the world--end up later with cushy desk jobs at one of the big weapons manufacturers." He pauses. "Of course, this is all in line with the goals of the Bavarians, who prefer to leverage an atmosphere of uncertainty and fear to keep the Masses in line. Though there's something a bit... different in this one. Possibly there's another player involved...." He pulls out a small notepad, filled with very tiny writing, and starts cramping in more notes as yet another theory starts to take root in his head. Though anyone paying very close attention might spot a small note in one corner of the page: "Buy goldfish crackers".
Conviction:
Combat Edges:
NONE
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

Juno looked back behind her at Ven, but before she could say what was on her mind to him Sam launched into his rant. At that, she just closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Man, I don't know what kind of medicinal whatever you're hooked up with, but you need help. Bavarians? Seriously? This isn't hard. There's a shit-ton of civil unrest in South America. It's gotten to the point where it's threatening Mexico's southern borders, which is a NEMA nation. So we..." she waved a hand the spot Thomas had been sitting, "Royal 'we,' go in to try to stabilize things. But, like I said, it's a mess. And people back home get all pissed off about it, because they don't know anything...maybe because some folks..." she gave Sam a pointed look, "...are busy filling their heads with bullshit, so now we're trying to win the war for them, without risking any of us."

She shrugs. "I guess it plays well, but it's dumb. It takes more than a few months with a specialist in the field to learn how to drive a Silver Eagle or Chrome Guardsman. We have pilots who've done it for years. And it's not just about knowing how to use this shit, it's about knowing when to. I'm telling you, some toked-up generalismo down there is going to decide nothing can stop him, and just...go crazy. And then we'll have to ride in, get our hands three times as dirty as they would have been if we'd just done it ourselves to start with, and everyone will blame us for giving them the weapons in the first place too."

Her cybernetic arm whirred quietly as she set her empty mug down. "That's what I think anyway. Don't need dumbass Bavarians to explain any of this. Just...good intentions and bad intel."
Maria Mendoza

Post by Maria Mendoza »

“Why would the Germans care what happens in South American anyway?” Rio asked, still scanning the article. “All I know is I’m s’posed to head to Caracas next week. Visit family, you know?” That was a lie. She was from Tijuana, just across the border. But Tres Reyes in Caracas was family. “Hoping for some nice beach time in Havana and Miami on the way home.”

All this politics stuff was above Rio’s pay grade, but this chick with the cyberarm seemed to know what’s up. “How do you know so much about this?” she asked Juno. “I’m Rio, by the way,” she introduced herself. Cyber-girl was kind of cute.

Luck: Boost Trait (self only)
Edges
Ace: Ignore 2 points of penalties for Boating, Driving, Piloting; spend Bennies to Soak damage on vehicles you control.
Spare: 50
Spare: 25
Gear
On Person
Smart phone
Pepper spray
Stun gun
Leather jacket
Switchblade
9mm
In Car
Backpack
First aid kit
Flashlight
Tool kit
Shotgun
At Home
Tuxedo (day job uniform)
Laptop
Stones

Post by Stones »

"I think that 'Dark and Creepy', Stones points at @Sam Higgs "has a valid point. Those with money have the power and control. Their machinations tend to be focused in certain areas."

"Take for instance, Idea Corp [ID 3 Alpha Corp]. Fairly beinign and tame on the outside. Yet if you follow the money, you would see that they are funding projects and operations in Brazil, Hong Kong, Pakistan, and the Ivory Coast. Nothing in Mother Russia or Europe."

Stones looks over to the Nick-Six to see if it had responded. Fishing. One has to give some sort of bait, in order to get a bite.

"Public Relations handles the Media. Media directs dispersment of intel. And the companies they cover for go along with their hidden agendas without the civilian populace the wiser for it."

Stones goes back to his glass of water in silence.
Conviction:
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

Juno decided to focus on the more pleasant conversation happening next to her than the dumbasses jabbering behind her. For everyone's sake.

She offered her right hand, the cybernetic one. Aside from being made of skin-tone segmented plastic, it looked pretty lifelike.

"Juno," she said. "Formerly Corporal Reyes of the 351st Infantry. I spent three years deployed in the Colombian MZ. Cucuta, mostly." She shook her head, then focused on Rio and offered a smile.

"So what do you do, family-in-Caracas Rio?"
Ven Nealson

Post by Ven Nealson »

Benny Gumbo wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:23 pmBenny ever the humble host put it in front of Ven with an easy smile, "Dude... Here you go one Gasoline Fire. 25.99." After a quick pause to check his phone Benny resumed a bit of Chitchat with Ven, "So Ven, catching any good waves? Any shows on you dig these days?"
Ven eyes the flaming concoction, remembering the explosive aftermath the last time he drank one of Benny's mystery mixes. Then he shrugs and takes a sip -- not like he had anything else planned today.

"Haven't been to the beach since I got that nasty staph infection at Redondo two weeks ago. Can't keep up with all the immunizations needed to surf the Pacific these days. Cheaper to save up and take the suborbital down to New Zealand in the spring, man."

"I shut down all the trids in my place. Sponsor said it'd help stave off temptations. But I did catch a couple of episodes of that new Adolph Sandler show ... My Three Moms or whatever, when I was hanging out in the basement with the maintenance guy for my building. The British version was better, but I guess they couldn't get the nudity past the sensors. It's still hard to believe they show actual executions on prime time, but internal recordings of a sex act will get your studio raided by the streaming police."
Ven Nealson
Quick Stats
Maria Mendoza

Post by Maria Mendoza »

Rio shook her head. These two sounded like they swallowed every conspiracy in the book. They belonged in the loony bin with Lukas. She turned her attention back to Juno as the woman introduced herself.

“Colombia, huh. I’ve been there too. Also family. Bogota.” She smiled. “I own a small garage, and drive for a car service and Uber on the side,” she said. “I also do when necessary. Anything with an engine that moves, I can get you where you want to be.”

Edges
Gear
On Person
  • Smart phone
  • Pepper spray
  • Stun gun
  • Leather jacket
  • Switchblade
  • 9mm
In Car
  • Backpack
  • First aid kit
  • Flashlight
  • Tool kit
  • Shotgun
At Home
  • Laptop
Benny Gumbo

Post by Benny Gumbo »

Benny Gumbo looked up from his phone at @Ven Nealson. Damn, they moved up the Rim of Fire tournament... December, best time to catch the coldest waves. Cold waves lent to hard surfing, hard surfing on a short board hanging ten was what life was about. Benny gave Ven half a wave and stammered out, ” Yeah yeah man. Enjoy the drink... Good luck with your british maintenance guy.” He stared at his phone reading the details while backing away. Inclement weather later this month... No way, that ass hat Ted the Sled Danson moved it up on purpose... Damn.” Benny glanced at the time on his phone... Only 9am... Still got 8 hours to go, then its time to hit the beach.” He ran into the table @Juno Reyes and @Maria Mendoza were at!

Oopph... Benny gutted out struggling to stand, ”vIweghlI'meH 'oy' 'e'.” He looked up at the two women and grimaced. Fortunately he had held onto his phone. Trying to drum up an excuse besides hey I am the owner he went with, ” So someone has a garage? Do you do custom hover boards?”
Maria Mendoza

Post by Maria Mendoza »

Rio caught her drink as Benny bumped into her and Juno’s table. “Hoverboard?” the beautiful Latina said. “I’ve worked on some, yeah. Is it a racing board, or normal street legal?” she asked. “What kind of custom job are you wanting?”

Edges
Gear
On Person
  • Smart phone
  • Pepper spray
  • Stun gun
  • Leather jacket
  • Switchblade
  • 9mm
In Car
  • Backpack
  • First aid kit
  • Flashlight
  • Tool kit
  • Shotgun
At Home
  • Laptop
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

Juno chuckled and said, "Benny, I thought you were a surfer boy, eh? Everyone knows you can't use a hoverboard over water. Not unless you've got power."

Return to “Adventures in Chaos”