Juno Reyes - Ex-Military Operative (Max/Alecto)

Juno Reyes

Juno Reyes - Ex-Military Operative (Max/Alecto)

Post by Juno Reyes »

Player Name: SalmonMax
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: Juno Reyes
Race: Human
Attributes: Agility d8 (free CE genetic upbringing), Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8 (Novice 1 Advance)
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 6

Skills: 15
Athletics 1d8 (2)
Common Knowledge 1d6 (1)
Notice 1d6 (1)
Persuasion 1d4 (0)
Stealth 1d6 (1)
Survival 1d4 (1)
Battle 1d4 (1)
Fighting 1d8 (3)
Shooting 1d8 (3)
Driving 1d4 (1)

Languages
English
Spanish
Portuguese

Hindrances
Major: Code of Honor (Military)
Minor: Loyal
Minor: Thin-Skinned

Edges
Linguist (per Setting rule)
Streetwise (+2 Intimidate/Persuasion/Common Knowledge to Network with criminals)
Brawler (+1 toughness, +1d4 to unarmed damage)
Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 to Fear Table rolls)
Martial Arts (+1 fighting for unarmed strikes, count as natural weapons, +1d to bonus damage)

Cybernetics
Right arm - Str 1d8, built in radio/cellphone, hidden compartment (holds pistol)

Credits:

Armor

Weapons
Unarmed, 1d8+1d6 (w/cybernetic hand 1d6+1d6 with organic), +1 to hit
.357 Pistol, 2d6+1 dmg, 12/24/48", 6 rnds

Gear
Survival Knife

Advances
Race: Streetwise (+2 Intimidate/Persuasion/Common Knowledge to Network with criminals)
Hind: Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 to Fear Table rolls)
Hind: Brawler
Novice 1 Advance: +1d Vigor
Bonus: Martial Arts
Last edited by Juno Reyes on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Re: Juno Reyes - Ex-Military Operative

Post by Daniel »

Looks good so far!

List of desired gear and such?

Starting Gear, Vehicle, Owned Property’s and Weapons.
These things are going to change. A lot. You might be the local homeless person. You might be the rich dude down the way with a vintage DeLorean. Starting “Gear” will be you the Player Character presenting to me the GM what you think you would have based on your rocking cool and informative Background.

Also:

Multiple Languages and Literacy
Some settings feature characters and cultures who typically speak many different languages. If this Setting Rule is in play, all characters have the Linguist Edge for free (page 40), and ignore its usual Requirements. A character who actually takes the Linguist Edge knows a number of languages equal to her Smarts (instead of half her Smarts).
Additionally, every Character can Read. You be edumacated folk!

Also:

I like your concept of a Cyberarm. Civilian mode. Flesh (get it?) that out some. What does it do? Would it have a purpose beyond "replacement" of a limb lost? Whe you got out, did you tell the Exit Board Personnel that you were going to be a Locksmith so you could really use some picks in the arm?
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

Juno grew up in the lazy heat and urban blight of the LA metroplex, with her father Hector Rafael Reyes. Her mother died when she was young, and Hector...loyal in his heartbreak...never married again. She started out in a rough part of town, and dipped her toes into the street crime that her school friends and peers were all too often into. Her father however was a security guard, and even if that wasn't the same as a cop or something, it still gave Juno pause.

Things came to a head her senior year in high school, when she grudgingly agreed to help some friends break into a warehouse that was supposed to have some valuable merch in it, practically free for the taking. Unfortunately it happened to be where Hector was working that night, having traded shifts at the last minute. He gave chase, but the kids got away from him...and he never knew Juno was one of them. The successful theft hurt his career, and Hector was let go not long afterwards.

The guilt from that prompted Juno to take action. Her prospects weren't great coming out of high school, but there was one place she knew that would be willing to train her, and she could get money to help her dad cover bills while he found other work. NEMA. Normally her sketchy past might have been a barrier, but the situation in South America was bad and getting worse, and recruiting was being emphasized.

Somewhat to her surprise, Juno found the military life actually agreed with her. After that first adjustment period learning to respect authority, she found that the respect was a two way street...something that was new for her, outside the family. She was a good soldier, it turned out...but in war, even good soldiers can have bad luck.

Juno was doing forward recon when her team encountered an enemy fortification. They were able to radio in the position, but as they tried to withdraw they found themselves cut off. Juno hung back and managed to open a window for retreat for the others by pinning down an enemy advance with a captured heavy weapon. Unfortunately, this meant she was too close when the airstrike made it through.

She made it. A lot of people didn't. Juno spent the next four hours trying to haul herself through the jungle with a shredded right arm and numerous shrapnel wounds. It was, she was told later, a miracle she survived at all. The arm wasn't salvageable though...the infection had set in too deep.

Juno consented to a cybernetic replacement, including a reinforced 'hardpoint' installation that strengthened the shoulder joint and her spine for use with military-specification bionics. While they were at it, they fitted her with a few other augmentations as well. She'd demonstrated a lot of brass in that engagement, and the bionics came with a new rank as well.

And then it all fell apart. Again.

Her first term was just about up when Juno got word from back home. Hector was in bad shape, and his insurance was ditching him. There wasn't anyone else who could take care of him, and he needed care. Juno had no choice. Her promising career in the military had to be cut short.

LA was too expensive, so they headed down to San Diego, where some other family lived and could give some support. Juno took a job as, of all things, a security guard...though was looking for something more like private security, or maybe even police. That kind of thing took time though, and the bills weren't waiting. At least she managed to get Hector's insurance not to dump him, even if it took a lot of brainbending paper work and some legal advocacy.
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

List of desired gear and such?
Some kind of transportation...probably something cheap. Scooter maybe, or a beater car. YES EITHER
Sidearm of some kind. She doesn't do unarmed these days. FAIR, I'll PM YOU STATS ON A GUN (PISTOL)
Her survival knife from her old kit in the service. Saved her life out there. OF COURSE
Cellphone or FUTURE equivalent PHONE THING OF THE FUTURE, YES
...still thinking of more WILL CHECK BACK

I like your concept of a Cyberarm. Civilian mode. Flesh (get it?) that out some. What does it do?
She was provided with a decent, no-frills cyberarm to replace the milspec bionic one she had while on active duty. This cyberarm is calibrated to match the strength and responsiveness of her natural arm. It doesn't look big and ostentatious and metal either, rather having a plastic cover that mimics her skin tone, though can't be mistaken for a natural arm either with the visible joints and so on.

It most likely wouldn't have any special abilities beyond 'not feeling pain' and being somewhat more durable than a natural human arm, though not by much.

Then again, she may have sought some aftermarket modifications on the sucker too. :)

Would it have a purpose beyond "replacement" of a limb lost?
Officially, no. Juno might want to rig it with a little something extra, but her means are limited at the moment so it may not have happened.

I'm thinking perhaps some kind of build in, concealed weapon...like a knife or something...or maybe like...a radio system? Something with better range/reception than you can get in a cellphone.

Open to suggestions! My brain is kind of mush right now.

When you got out, did you tell the Exit Board Personnel that you were going to be a Locksmith so you could really use some picks in the arm?
Hah! I mean, if she thought she could get away with that, maybe. Though she's not looking to get back into crime, so I dunno about lockpicks. :)

I will think on the arm. I have an idea, I''ll sleep on it and PM you soon.
Juno Reyes

Post by Juno Reyes »

Hahaha, oh man, I had no idea the background I was writing hit so close. I may be getting myself into trouble here, writing so close to your personal experience. Sort of like how doctors can't watch House. :)

Let me know if I get details wrong and I'll be happy to fix 'em!
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

At this point, over 20 years later, its a fond memory, a good story. I got fired. I find it humorous because a lot of security want to be cops, and they fired me and few weeks later I was a cop. Shrug.

Character looks good. After you finish up please feel free to erase my inserts. Oh and the pistol you have... and arm... I'll PM you soon. I'll work on those next.

Thoughts on Arm?

Golden Age Technology NEMA Cybernetic replaced arm.
  • Bionic Strength Augmentation: Fully bionic arm, reinforced artificial musculature, and other techniques raise the your arm's Strength to a d8.
  • Secret Compartment (U): Useful for hiding tools, weapons, and contraband. Compartment can hold two grenades or a small-sized pistol, or a knife. Notice checks are made at −4 to find such a compartment, unless the searcher is very familiar with cyborgs, or cyber tech, in which case there is no penalty.
  • Communicator: About the size of a 21st Century mobile phone, this device has a fifty five-mile range and multi-channel capacity. Pre-fall it can connect to WiFi. Pre-fall is a phone and can connect to cell service, after fall cell gone but radio intact.

Total Strain 1
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Smith & Wesson (.357)
Authorized to carry concealed in California.
Range: 12/24/48
Damage: 2d6+1
AP: 1
RoF: 1
Shots: 6
Min. Str: d4
Weight: 5 lbs
The Agents (Players)

My Accounts:
Active

Not Active

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Return to “Player Characters”