MARS SWADE Test Build - Merc Soldier

In this archive lies the much honored characters and concepts that have served us through the first incarnation of Savage Worlds. Never Forgotten!
Pursuit
Game Master

MARS SWADE Test Build - Merc Soldier

Post by Pursuit »

Fortune & Glory: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:0[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Vigorous and Tough: You hero adds one die type to Vigor and begins with the Nerves of Steel Edge.

HJ:
  • Training: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:1[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Functional machines and technology often mean the difference between life and death in the world of Rifts®. Fortunately for any group your hero runs with, she's pretty good with tech, giving her a one die type increase for the Repair skill, and the Mr. Fix It Edge.
  • Training: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:2[/dice:2y4i5cbi] (Result being updated in next draft, as there is no longer a “Wild Card” category. Rerolling for the purposes of this test.) [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:3[/dice:2y4i5cbi] You may choose any of the results on this table. Selected result 1: +3 skill points.
  • Underworld & Black Ops[dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:4[/dice:2y4i5cbi] When all else fails, your hero knows how to take any available resources and jury-rig her way into or out of situations. She has the McGyver Edge, and she gains a die type in Repair.
Narrative Hook: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:5[/dice:2y4i5cbi] The Juicer Uprising. In 105 PA, the promise of a cure for a Juicer's short lifespan (the Phoenix Treatment) came out of Newtown. The rumor led to a bloody uprising and short war between the resulting Juicer Army of Liberation, Newtown's forces, and the Coalition. Adventurers discovered an alien plot behind the unrest, but Newtown was destroyed. Maybe you fought in the conflict or were part of uncovering the plot and subsequent battle against the alien threat.

Funds: 22,100
  • Extra for Soldier: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:6[/dice:2y4i5cbi]
  • Standard funds: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:7[/dice:2y4i5cbi] (that should’ve bren 4d6*100, so 1,100 for this one)
  • Standard gear: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:8[/dice:2y4i5cbi]
Rich:
  • Cybernetics: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:9[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Whoever put your hero back together didn't want her checking out any time soon. She has a level of Synthetic Organ Replacement.
  • Cybernetics: [dice:2y4i5cbi]1d20[/[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Nothing like a Range Data System to make hitting all those pesky enemy targets diving for cover that much easier (Gave Optic System)
  • [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:10[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Nothing like a Range Data System to make hitting all those pesky enemy targets diving for cover that much easier.
  • [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:11[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Stronger is always better as far as your character is concerned, so he has a level of Bionic Strength Augmentation.
  • [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:12[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Reroll duplicate: [dice:2y4i5cbi]54842:13[/dice:2y4i5cbi] Aquatic Mode Upgrade.
Traded two rolls (bionic strength augmentation and aquatic mode) for my choice of cybernetic, and took another level of synthetic organ replacement.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Pursuit
Game Master

Re: MARS SWADE Test Build - Merc Soldier

Post by Pursuit »

Character Sheet
Max
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Soldier
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d12
Pace: 8, run d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 17(7); Strain: 8
Skills: 22 points to start (including HJ and IF)
  • Athletics d8 (2)
  • Battle d6 (2)
  • Common Knowledge d8 (2)
  • Electronics d6 (2)
  • Fighting d8 (3)
  • Healing d6 (2)
  • Notice d8+2 for visual (2)
  • Persuasion d4 (0)
  • Repair d8+2 (1, 2 die types from HJ)
  • Shooting d10 +2 w/calibrated weapons (4)
  • Stealth d8 (2)
  • Survival d6 (2)

Hindrances
  • Driven (Major): Provide for his family, who right now are living in town outside of Castle Refuge. He sticks with the Legion, despite the crazy missions they send him on, to keep them safe.
  • Heroic (Major): He should know better by now… but he can’t help it. He lends a hand wherever there’s a need, and that has gotten him into trouble more than a time or twelve.

Edges
  • Nerves of Steel (F&G): Ignore one level of Wound penalties.
  • Mr. Fix-It (HJ): +2 to Repair rolls, half the time required with a raise.
  • McGyver (HJ): Quickly create improvised devices from scraps. No penalty for not having tools.
  • Soldier (IF): Strength is one die type higher for Encumbrance and Min Str. Reroll Vigor rolls when resisting environmental Hazards.
  • Double Tap (IF): +1 to hit and damage when firing no more than RoF 1 per action.
  • Marksman (IF): Ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed; or add +1 to first Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll. Character may not move or fire greater than RoF 1.
  • Dodge (IF): −2 to be hit by ranged attacks.
  • Rich (Hindrances): $15k, 2 gear rolls
  • Filthy Rich (Human): $10k more ($25k total), 3 more gear rolls
  • Fleet Footed (N1): Pace +2, increase running die one step.
  • Extraction (S1): One adjacent foe doesn't get a free attack when you withdraw from close combat.

Cybernetics
Cyber-Wired Reflexes (2)- Strain: 1
  • Raise Agility one step.
Bionic Strength Augmentation (2)- Strain: 1
  • Raise Strength one step.
Optics Package (1)- Strain: 1
  • Ignore Illumination Penalties, grants +2 to all sight-based Notice checks and versus blinding flashes and effects.
Synthetic Organ Replacement (2)- Strain: 1
  • Raise Vigor one step.
Range Data System (1)- Strain: 1
  • Ignore 2 points of Shooting penalties
Background
Max learned in the Juicer Rebellion that normal people, even well-trained ones, don’t stand a chance against the insane violence of Rifts Earth. He moved his family away from Newtown after that, but even as part of a friendly merc force, he couldn’t get his family out of the Burbs and into a proper Coalition city. When he heard about the Tomorrow Legion, he figured it was just another upstart merc company getting too big for its britches. But when he learned the Cyber-Knights were part of the leadership, he decided it couldn’t be worse than what he was already doing and decided to see if they needed manpower. Moving his family into town right by the caste felt like a big step up for them, and his kids loved that they could occasionally see real-life legends like Cyber-Knights, Glitter Boys, and sometimes even dragons(!) going to and from the castle. Max liked that the town was regularly patrolled and well guarded, and he happily gave his services to the Legion for that. It’s as good a life as he’s ever known, and he’s managed to acquire enough cyberwear since Newtown to keep up with the sometimes dizzyingly powerful units the Legion sends out into the field (while still retaining enough humanity that his family doesn’t look at him too differently).

Gear
NG Peacekeeper EBA
  • +7 Armor, +2 Toughness
JA-12 “One Man Army” Laser Rifle
Fusion Blocks (Need GM Permission, but this would be the second “choose any weapon” selection from his framework)
Wilk’s Classic Laser Pistol
NG-S2 Survival Pack
Field Repair Kit
Plastic Man EBA (from Starting Gear; spare armor)

Credits: 22,100 - 21,000 for agility and strength cybernetics= 1,100 + 25,000 (Rich Edges) = 26,100 - 21,000 for another round of agility and strength cybernetics = 5,100 - 4,000 for repair kit = 1,100

Advances
Please list all Edges and Advances taken for your character here

Iconic Framework
  • Begin with +4 skill points.
  • Begin with Soldier and any three other Combat or Leadership Edges.
  • Select any two weapons of choice from Close Combat and/or Ranged Weapons—Personal. If one of the choices is grenades, take an assortment of eight of any type.
  • Begin with standard Starting Gear plus any one Body Armor and an extra 5d6 × 1000 credits in gear or valuables.

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Raise Attribute, Rich
  • Free Edge (Human): Filthy Rich
  • Cybernetic Modifications: Many
  • Novice 1 Advance: Fleet Footed
  • Novice 2 Advance: Raise Smarts
  • Novice 3 Advance: Skill Points
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Extraction
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: Raise Vigor
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance: