GM: Pender Lumiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

House Rules. Please skim.

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hangouts
GM Thoughts and Perspective House Rules:

I wanted to run a group of Novice characters (if Mars you would start seasoned) just starting their adventure in this crazy world... They might be heroes to someone but have been over looked and passed up on by the legion so far in terms of making a meaningful contribution. End of the adventure they will be big damn heroes ready for more.

Books and IFs:
All SR books and IFs are available. Just keep in mind you go dragon and RA, eventually the bad guys will respond in kind. There will for sure be moments, possibly even quads where you will not be able to take advantage of your strengths. I'll try my best to find moments to let you shine though.

Edges: Stick to SR books and SWADE please.
Sidekicks... Don't be surprised if they are a hindrance.
  • F and G rolled sidekicks follow the directions listed in that roll to make them.
  • Sidekicks taken through born a hero or at legenday are going to be swade characters without an IF. With 1 HJ roll. All setting rules for SR apply to them. Sidekicks taken in this manner qualify for the Rifter 9 1/2 custom edge (to give them half a chance surviving).
    • The Rifter 9 1/2:
      Requirements: novice only, character creation only.
      Your hero has seen more than most and has lived to tell the tale. From Pecos Raiders, to a jaunt to dino swamp, maybe even a trip south into the vampire kingdoms. Your guy or gal has been around. But they also have made some powerful enemies and fate has not always been their friend. Roll a d16 as a result of some of the unfortunate events that have plagued the hero.
Rolls: I love the randomness of the roll, but I get that sometimes the roll gained just does not fit anywhere. You get the rolls your IF gives you. So here is what I got cooking for you:
  • FandG rolls:
    Looks like there is going to be a new 20 choice table. Feel free to roll on it, or if you want customize your own d12 table using 12 options from the 20 presented that will work as well.
  • HJ Rolls:
    Choose table, then roll. But I will give players the option to customize a HJ table out of 12-15 options listed from the tables they are allowed to choose their first roll from. MARS can just make a custom table from any of the HJ tables. Please work with the GM on the spread.
EP (restricted for the 1st few sessions): EP to purchase a benny is fine. Make it a couple quads and you can get your sig items and roll to your hearts content on gear tables, or undo crit failures, etc. I really want to capture the feeling of novice heroes with little going out and doing big things. If you got a sig item in mind, float it to me, or if an EP item is critical to your concept let me know and I'll find a way to get into the game in a worthwhile meaningful way.

Patron items will mostly be part of rewards for a job well done. They will not be something that just pops into existence.

Number of Players: Six Please. I know it is two less than the normal 8, but I love delving into personal arcs and putting things into the world that mean a great deal to your characters. It is easier to do that with six than eight. If more than six folks want to play I'll just choose based on concept or... Open up that seventh slot... Sigh.

Positions Available:
1. Rob/RFT-Robot dragon homonculis
2. Imperator -Psi Slinger?
3. Nathan/Sgt-JANE DOE - Altaran Juicer
4. Koshneck-psi operator
5. Lucinda Borland-Healer?
6. Ian- Possible crazy jedi
7. Stoic/vagabond

When does this start? Jan 1st. The new SR books should be out by then. My current games, the 13th, 77th, and vampires will have ended by then. There maybe some Murderthon action possibly while you wait, or some RP scenarios...

Advances: Once a quad generally as long as progress to the overall goal is being made.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: Field Team Six”