Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Power Dump is born
A tall gangly humanoid walked around the area where the CS Mark IV had been. He had a futuristic holographic note pad floating in front of him taking mental notes. Six CS solders were on the ground seemingly turned inside out. Near was a CS officer dressed in black walking a few steps behind this gangly grey skinned humanoid. The officer was holding his helm under one hand and a lit cigar in another.

His eyes glanced over the bodies of the soldiers splayed open with disgust, “It does not seem the implants took.”

The gangly humanoid spread out his spindly long fingers and bent down at Thunder from down under’s maimed corpse, “Hmmm... This one has potential. A degenerative bowel syndrome, but otherwise perfect.... A bio borg perhaps.” The creature put a device on thunder’s bloody chest and in moments he disappeared transported to parts unknown. The gangly creature was almost human like but its proportions were stretched turned at the CS officer chomping on a cigar. “Make sure you keep subject 7423 on a short leash Major Wolfe.” The gene splicer vanished as well teleported some place far away.

The major dropped his cigar into the muck letting out his breath. Thunder’s body had turned unexpectedly rancid. Major Wolfe’s eyes blinked as he was releived by the disapperence of both Thunder’s body and the genesplicer. “Fucking D-bee... Better rename JR Smith to Power Dump while you are at it.” Turning back to the dead soldiers he clicked his comm unit, “High Command please send a retrieval team to these coordinates. We have some heroes that need to come home.”

Something stirred near in the bushes Commander Ronald Macdonald was struggling at the water’s edge on his hands and knees. A thick tentacle had risen from the near river and had wrapped itself arround the commander’s neck. The commander’s face was beet red, and bruised. Major Wolfe wheeled around drawing his pistol and fired. Macdonald’s face vaporized and the tentacle released its hold withdrawing back into the water. It would seem the Maelstrom Maker would be denied its prize. The body fell to the ground lifeless. Wolfe continued his communication to CS high command, “Commander Macdonald has been killed.”

A steely cold woman’s voice responded, “Understood Major Wolfe. Carter out.”
The tallest spire in Castle Refuge belonged to the office of Serina Stargazer. A beautiful charming elf by all accounts and she was a powerful mystic prone to prophetic dream visions. Two days since the debriefing past and after the Legion’s mystics tended to each member of the Field Team (1 wound healed) the team found themselves summoned to her study high atop Castle Refuge.
On the way
In one of the halls on the way to Serrina Stargazer’s study the team nearly ran into a plucky red haired technowizard named Taylor Thomas. The you g technowizard’s freckled face smiled up at the team. “Hey fourty two, uh guys and ladies...” He seemed out of breath as if he had been running from something. “Whew Those Faelerin you brought back are just great. I was scanning one with my arcane scale the other day and it nearly blew my mageometer!”

A small voice called from arround the bend, “Taylor!”

The red headed technowizard laughed, ”Damit, they are good at hide and seek too.” He scurried off and moments later two blue skinned Faelrin children came around looking for him...
Finally arriving the team found themselves outside her tall closed brass door wondering if they should go in. Voices could be made out arguing and heated, but they were muffled and almost impossible understand.
Notice -4 (hearing)
“Why the hell aren’t you letting The 77th figure this out?”one voice, hard and mean pressed. Voice 1
“Crap on a stick Serrina I am not sitting this one out.” another voice confidant stated. Voice 2
“You barely even have a fucking team man, we are ready to go...”Voice 1
“Jude and I could handle it without breaking a sweat. We’ve saved the world more times than anyone, including you. Let me at least go with the field team to help them research...” Voice 2
“Gentlemen, please. They are outside. You have your orders. We need you to find out who took out our team in Antartica. We have never seen such savagery... Or precision.” A third calm enchanting voice said.
The great doors swung wide, and an enchantingly beautiful elf woman was looking at you expectedly. Her voice was melodius as she welcomed you, “Please come in... Have a seat.” She waved toward’s a few overside purple and blue couches in her study. The room was lined with book shelves high as the eye could see, and in the center was a great copper bulbous telescope pointing to the heavens. Between the couches was a small low table filled with drinks and soft buttery lemon flavored cakes, “Please sit, and lets chat.”

She took her seat and waited for the team to do as well. “With the exception of Ophelia I think this is the first time I have had the pleasure of meeting all of you.” Her eyes dart briefly to @Ophelia Monk warily but immediately eased. “You will all be pleased to know that Angis is in recovery, a partial cyborg I am afraid. Pender regained consciousness last night. The healers were able to remove the last bits of the poison and mettal fragments from his body.” She shuddered slightly, “Those U-Rounds are quiet lethal.” She slightly bowed toward @LuLu ”Lulu, I must say many of us were so thankful for everything you did in the field for both men.”

She leaned back into the couch and it in turn seemed to in some ways swallow her fragile figure. He long angular eyes took in the rest of the team. She studied @Keith’s gruff countance, and then @Aggelos’s driven demenor. Followed by @Forty-Two’s curious exuberance, and lastly settled on Jane for a good moment as if memorizing the altaran s features.

Her eyes closed and her enchanted voice spoke, “Last night... I had a dream. I saw a place with a grave... A series of graves, old before the coming of the rifts. They were surrounded by a grove of holly. Then large trees... Pine trees. A village near was very quiet... Too quiet. But I could hear faint giggling. Followed by a child’s plush toy walking, lots of them walking. Somehow distorted coming from those graves. An old wooden sign covered in black ichor... I cannot see... I cannot see the name.” She paused... Her eyes focused on the group, “You six... I saw you six leave Castle refuge Into the east to investigate... It...” She leaned in clearly tired from her recounting of her dream, “You must find the meaning of my dream. If you do not, there is no hope for Captain Claude... Perhaps even others...” She faltered for a moment surprised by something. Her voice had a prophetic tone to it, “You may walk or take the Mark IV. Both carry risks, the armed vehicle will bring larger confrontation but provides protection. Whereas walking is slow and leaves you exposed. But, you may pass unseen through areas of great danger. The choice is yours as my vision did not bring clarity to this. If you have any questions go seek your answers in the Castle, for I know no more than I have shared. Good luck Field Team Six.”
If you want to pin point the location of this dream go ahead and RP, make any appropriate skill rolls, researching, networking, NA Geography, etc at -2 penalty. Support skills are at the same penalty. Aggy gets a +2 to any roll in unraveling this mystery due to the coordinates Parson’s provided on a holocam. Feel free to make up NPCs and locations in the castle as appropriate.
  • Finding out where you are going will give you some background and bonuses on the journey.
  • +1 benny if during this investigative portion if you mention a feeling of someone or something watching you.
  • +1 HJ roll if you guys figure out where to go without GM input,.. Its all there in Serrina’s dream(This will be decided next GM post).
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Before the team can act on the revelations from their last escapade they are called to meet with one of the Legions top VIPs. Unsure of exactly what this portends Aggelos arrives looking mildly curious.
Notice 4
Notice 1d6: [1] = 1 forgot the -4
Wild 1d6-4: [6]-4 = 2 Ace 1d6+2!!: [2]+2 = 4
Despite not actively listening in she can make out the end of the conversation within the room as they wait. More importantly she recognizes the voices of the now recovered Libertas and, much more alarming, her father. Her eyes widen slightly in alarm and she takes a half step back from the door before regaining her composure. There is no way he could recognize you, be cool Angel When the door opens her eyes quickly track around the room, seeing no one aside from their hostess she relaxes a little and takes the offered seat. Despite having the coordinates from Parsons Aggy listens with care to the seers description to glean any hints at what they might expect. At the end she nods in acceptance of the assignment.

As they walk out "Unless we can get a crew assigned to us to help me drive that beast, I say we walk. We were lucky to have gotten it here. I'm sure some bandits or other pricks will be kind enough to donate us their ride. Gonna hit the archives and look up what Parsons gave us. Do we want to try and leave today or in the morning?"

After splitting up Aggelos heads to records and tries to finagle some maps to match her info out of the (to her) archaic machines. She almost asks out loud for her aid from her uncle Lukes AI companion Xander. Hearing the voice of fathers younger self must be making me dopey with sentiment she thinks as she begins typing.
Task roll 7
Electronics 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
Finding some maps that look promising she prints them out and looks for reports on the area. As she works she can't help but feel like someone else is lurking about the office. Nothing seen or heard but lurking just at the edge of her perceptions. While the printer is running she even has a stealthy look around but aside from a couple trying to have a bit of alone time when they were supposed to be working she finds nothing amiss. Since the feeling, while unsettling, wasn't triggering her innate "threat sense" she decides to let it slide for now and finish what she's doing.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Notice 0
Notice 1d6!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Jane has no reference for the voices beyond the door. She does not let anyone see that she cares one way or the other.

After hearing Serina Stargazer's intro and dream, Jane exclaims, "By the Forge I am a foreigner here to Refuge. To North America. To Earth."

"I have no reference for the places you speak of."

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two is excited at this great new adventure he will be able to go on with all his best friends. When things become mysterious and the prophecy is repeated he is fascinated wide eyed. For some reason he loved learning mysteries even as much as he loved repairing and fixing things, and this was definitely a mystery.

As he starts looking over the evidence and thinking about what was being said, Forty Two remembers his geography lessons and all the books covering ley line locations on earth. (
Results 11
Academics d10+2
Academics 1d10!!+2 or Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [7]+2+[9!!]+2 = 20
) "Hey, I recognize this, look here this is the Pinchot fork on the Mississippi. It is in my memory banks from when I had to learn about North American Ley Line location. And this here this is also familiar..." Forty Two rambles on speaking of places and locations many of the others likely never heard of.

When Aggy suggest walking Forty Two is unsurprised. "Well, i mean I can walk, but I am really slow when I do. I am a much better flyer than a walker, and I would be a lot better as a spy if you let me fly then I can spot stuff and see people hiden to ambush us, because I am really good at spotting people ready to ambush and really, really good at flying. But I mean if it is okay for us to mostly walk, but still let me fly I am okay with that."
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Lulu hears nothing through the door.
Notice 1d6-4: [5]-4 = 1
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 pm
In one of the halls on the way to Serrina Stargazer’s study the team nearly ran into a plucky red haired technowizard named Taylor Thomas. The you g technowizard’s freckled face smiled up at the team. “Hey fourty two, uh guys and ladies...” He seemed out of breath as if he had been running from something…
Lulu smiled at the sight of Taylor. They’d both been busy and distracted in the two days she’d been back and hadn’t had a chance to even say hi, let alone try to meet for a date again. When he ran off to find the children she chuckled and waved goodbye to him.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 pm
Pender regained consciousness last night. The healers were able to remove the last bits of the poison and mettal fragments from his body.” [/b] She shuddered slightly, “Those U-Rounds are quiet lethal.” She slightly bowed toward @LuLu ”Lulu, I must say many of us were so thankful for everything you did in the field for both men.”
Lulu chews her lower lip and ducks her head quickly in response to the woman’s praise. Even though she wasn’t currently working in the infirmary, they were still her people and she’d been checking on the two men’s conditions three times a day. She was relieved that they were recovering, in a sense, but she also knew exactly how close the legion came to losing them both.
74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:58 pm
After hearing Serina Stargazer's intro and dream, Jane exclaims, "By the Forge I am a foreigner here to Refuge. To North America. To Earth."

"I have no reference for the places you speak of."
Having chosen a seat on the blue sofa next to Jane, Lulu was quick to grab Jane’s hand and give it a squeeze. After the team meeting in the gym, she’d gained a new understanding of their taciturn teammate.
”We’ll figure it out. Rarely do profecies announce their exact quarantants. We’ll have to cross reference the description with maps and processing software. We may not even get it narrowed down to a single location. Where you and I met was only my first foray out of Castle Refuge since I came from my family’s farm.” the young woman smiled broadly, mentally channeling a bit of Forty-Two’s enthusiastic friendship. ”It seems like you’re going to get to see a lot of this continent while you’re working for the Legion. The more you see, the more chance you have to find what you’re looking for!”
Aggelos wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:50 pm
As they walk out "Unless we can get a crew assigned to us to help me drive that beast, I say we walk. We were lucky to have gotten it here. I'm sure some bandits or other pricks will be kind enough to donate us their ride. Gonna hit the archives and look up what Parsons gave us. Do we want to try and leave today or in the morning?"
Inwardly, Lulu groaned at the idea of traveling overland again. Logically she knew that every trip wouldn’t be a literal monsoon like the mission they’d just returned from, but she couldn’t help but be appalled at the prospect of getting back on the road when her underwear had barely dried.
”Hey. When she said children’s toys walking. Was she talking about more of those bears we saw on guard duty?” Lulu shuddered at the thought.

“I think we should go in the morning. I need to take one more hot bath and repack my supplies before we hit the road again. Jane, do you want to come with me. I thought maybe we could go to the infirmary, run some basic tests and see if you or anyone related to you has ever been entered into our database. It’s quite extensive. A hit might give you a clue of somewhere to start looking.”
The young medic gave the other woman a hopeful look.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Not realizing that her hands were on the sofa, it was good for @LuLu that Jane was not armed. The touch of another on her hand was electrifying, shocking, and revelatory all in a few minutes. Her initial response was to pull away and for a split second she did, until she realized that LuLu was being empathetic and then Jane relaxed.
Luke and Jane wrote: In a grove of trees, Luke onserved the sedated Altaran. She had snuck up on him and taken him by surprise, but Xander had proved to be quicker than both of them. The sedative was s strong one to overcome the "Juice" or "Death Cocktail" as Doc Olliday liked to call it.

Luke had the exoskeleton retracted and with his gnarled and withered hand he gently caressed the back side of Jane's hand.
At the mention of being registered in Refuge's data stores, Jane finds herself highly excited on the inside though nothing changes on the outside.

"Sure, I will come along."

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8!-4 1d6!-4: [5]-4+[3]-4 = 0
Got to figure out this notation... but this is a Notice Failure for overhearing the convo, at least.
Once they are admitted into the room, Ophelia considers the Serina's vision carefully. When they leave, she comments, "Sadly, I must agree, Aggie, that our best bet is to, well, 'hoof it'. I will simply have to put more effort into keeping up with the rest of you." The old woman sighs a bit at the thought of a long trek, but it doesn't seem to be avoidable.

As they walk, discussing possible options, she is quiet, thinking to herself.

As the others go off to examine files and suchlike, she simply slips away for a little while, making contact with the other members of her clan, seeing if any of them know anything about a town in that area with a large, old graveyard.

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d8-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Persuasion 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4

As luck would have it, one of her kin, Anatole, had a job not far from that area about a year and a half ago. He saw the graveyards from the distance, and decided to go around, but he's able to give some information about the terrain surrounding the ghost town.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane is pretty certain that she has no idea where she is. Even when @LuLu states that they are in the Records room for the Legion, it does not make much sense to her. She can't see the writing and second she can't read it.

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Die 1d6-2: [3]-2 = 1

Psionics 1d10-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die 1d6-2: [2]-2 = 0

Keith snarls as the kid, in his enthusiasm, violates Keiths' broad definition of personal space. "Out of the way, nerd!"

He hovers outside of the brass door, muttering loud enough to mask any noises coming from inside.

When pressed for an answer, Keith doesn't express a preference either way as to walking (which he points out he doesn't even do) or riding in a vehicle (and having to smell all of you).

Keith watches 42, curiously. Keith puts his hands to his temples, trying to project a memory of Serina's description to 42, but, alas, he does not seem to have that capability.
Last edited by Keith on Thu May 14, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:37 pm
Jane is pretty certain that she has no idea where she is. Even when @LuLu states that they are in the Records room for the Legion, it does not make much sense to her. She can't see the writing and second she can't read it.
Lulu starts by asking to take just a micro sample of Jane's blood to compare with others in the records. Without really thinking about it, she softly and gently explains what she was doing step by step as she sterilizes Jane's finger and applies the hemapen. She keeps on talking in her calm methodical voice as she enters the sample into the diagnostic machine and boots up two of the interface terminals.
"You can help me search. We'll start by entering broad search terms and then scroll through entries and refine them as we encounter specifics... " Lulu's voice trails off as she turns to the woman next to her. Her eyes go up to Jane's face and she suddenly realizes the other woman might not be able to see the screen. She cocks her head as her brain zips through what little she knew about her teammate.
"Jane, can you see two-dimensional things? I assume you sense three-dimensional things somehow because you walk, fight, and navigate the world, but...I guess I don't honestly know."
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

((Convo before we split up for research))
Forty-Two wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 am
When Aggy suggest walking Forty Two is unsurprised. "Well, i mean I can walk, but I am really slow when I do. I am a much better flyer than a walker, and I would be a lot better as a spy if you let me fly then I can spot stuff and see people hiden to ambush us, because I am really good at spotting people ready to ambush and really, really good at flying. But I mean if it is okay for us to mostly walk, but still let me fly I am okay with that."
Is he...? With an audible sigh, "Of course he's serious." She mutters under her breath then turns to the automaton "Yes, Forty-Two, you may fly. And Keith can float. And if she wants LuLu can skip, but it doesn't sound like the kind of situation that'd warrant it. However I'm really hoping the fates and some opportunism can help us catch a ride."
LuLu wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Inwardly, Lulu groaned at the idea of traveling overland again. Logically she knew that every trip wouldn’t be a literal monsoon like the mission they’d just returned from, but she couldn’t help but be appalled at the prospect of getting back on the road when her underwear had barely dried.
”Hey. When she said children’s toys walking. Was she talking about more of those bears we saw on guard duty?” Lulu shuddered at the thought.

“I think we should go in the morning. I need to take one more hot bath and repack my supplies before we hit the road again. Jane, do you want to come with me. I thought maybe we could go to the infirmary, run some basic tests and see if you or anyone related to you has ever been entered into our database. It’s quite extensive. A hit might give you a clue of somewhere to start looking.”
The young medic gave the other woman a hopeful look.
"That'd be my guess. Fell, being El Occulta, was into some weird shit. It would explain how he lived through me shooting him in the face, among other places. This planet is fucking weird so until now I just thought those things were just random earth shit but it must have been him taking a shot at me. As for Jane, she's an Altaran from the Three Galaxies... Probably. Hope that helps."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

At the mention of being Altaran, "I am Altaran but I am not Altaran."

"Altarans are bio-engineered. We all should look like each other. Except me."

"I know I was on a Splurgoth slave barge with my Sisters in Arms. But I was not there for the Splurgoth, my sisters, or fame and wealth."

"I was sent here to find the In'Valian known here on Earth as Luke."



When @LuLu is talking to Jane about what she can see, Jane laughs. "These eyes are implants that my body can neither reject nor seem to utilize."

"I sense things I guess in what you describe as 3D."

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Aggelos wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:39 pm
((Convo before we split up for research))
Forty-Two wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 am
When Aggy suggest walking Forty Two is unsurprised. "Well, i mean I can walk, but I am really slow when I do. I am a much better flyer than a walker, and I would be a lot better as a spy if you let me fly then I can spot stuff and see people hiden to ambush us, because I am really good at spotting people ready to ambush and really, really good at flying. But I mean if it is okay for us to mostly walk, but still let me fly I am okay with that."
Is he...? With an audible sigh, "Of course he's serious." She mutters under her breath then turns to the automaton "Yes, Forty-Two, you may fly. And Keith can float. And if she wants LuLu can skip, but it doesn't sound like the kind of situation that'd warrant it. However I'm really hoping the fates and some opportunism can help us catch a ride."
"Oh, that is great. Because like I said I am really bad at walking. And would not be able to keep up with you, because some of you are like the best walkers I have ever seen and sometimes I can just watch you walk and it is amazing. But my walk is kind of slow and not nearly as good." Then distracted as if he completely forgot about the conversation about walking he hears Lulu.
LuLu wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Inwardly, Lulu groaned at the idea of traveling overland again. Logically she knew that every trip wouldn’t be a literal monsoon like the mission they’d just returned from, but she couldn’t help but be appalled at the prospect of getting back on the road when her underwear had barely dried.
”Hey. When she said children’s toys walking. Was she talking about more of those bears we saw on guard duty?” Lulu shuddered at the thought.

“I think we should go in the morning. I need to take one more hot bath and repack my supplies before we hit the road again. Jane, do you want to come with me. I thought maybe we could go to the infirmary, run some basic tests and see if you or anyone related to you has ever been entered into our database. It’s quite extensive. A hit might give you a clue of somewhere to start looking.”
The young medic gave the other woman a hopeful look.
"We have a database of people in our system? That is so cool, I want to help, I have never seen a database of people before. Can I just come and help, I wont be in the way at all and I can be really helpful." Forty Two's mind is overwhelmed with the idea that all the people in the world can be listed out. that would be really neat and you could see what everyone needs all at once, then you could decide the best way to start helping them.
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed edition
The triumphant investigation!

The day long investigation yielded a few nuggets and more importantly all signs pointed to Holly Grove Graveyard just outside what old earth maps would have called Pine City Arkansas. The maps and legion reports that @Aggelos went through would generously be called maps. They were mostly just a collection of markers and interesting features south east of the castle stretching into the fabled ruins of Helena. However, her research did indicate Pine City was marked by a large tree that could be seen from miles around.
@74Z3 Jane Doe had some trouble investigating literally caught out of place. As the group left Serina's chambers the farseeing elf clicked her com and whispered, "Xander patch me into Luke..." The elf also gave one last glance to the departing heroes, her eyes drifted momentarily to @Ophelia Monk, again, briefly, but betraying some old issue between the two.

On the way out of the chambers the team nearly bumped into a dashing tall man who gave them all a quick hello before entering Stargazers chambers, " Ah Field Team seven. Ophelia greetings as always. My name is Anatole... Well I must see Serina. Good luck." He seemed a bit aloof, and entered before anyone could get a word in edge-wise.

As the day wore on @Fourty-Two's studying of the geography of the south east portion of Arkansas pointed out several interesting features. Most likely the group would initially encounter the south east edge of the Ozark mountain range. A potentially rugged climate with peaks extending into the high 2000ft. With the last rain storm just a few days removed the chance of snow was high. After passing through the Ozark, the group would encounter Thunder Valley, an area of geological instability where mountains seemingly floated over head. After a 20 mile trek through that swath of thundering land Field Team Six would once again find itself in a swampy plains although this time studded with tall pine trees that extended all the way to Pine City and beyond to even Helena's ruins which sat at the edge of the mighty Mississippi river. Leylines seemed to crisscross this area with the exception of Thunder Valley. Strangely there were no leylines in this Valley.

@Lulu was able to reconfirm Aggy's own investigation that both the prophesy and Parson's coordinates seem to indicate Holly Grove Graveyard just outside Pine City. In the records room, upon entering Jane's Information the computer inexplicably turned off. Was this due to a clumsy mishap or something else?

@Keith's foray into projecting Serina's dream vision for @Fourty-Two to see did not turn out exactly the way he wanted. Instead the zapper's projection tapped into another's dream?... A human male with a dark purple cloak obscuring most of his face except a broad smile was sitting at a table with a crystal ball. His hands were outstretched hovering over the gleaming transparent ball. In the ball you could just make out the room of Taylor Thomas and 42. Both were talking. A faint voice called out from beyond the room this cloaked man is in. "Malagant!" Then the vision faded away...

With the investigation complete the members of Field Team Six found themselves gathered the next morning in the castle court yard with their gear in hand about ready to leave. The sun was just peaking over the nearest Ozark Mountain crest, and a cold brisk chill breezed in. The ever friendly merchant rep for the NGR, Chuck Jones blew a dose of warmth in between his hands and pulled open the door to his stall. He waved at the group as they were about to embark on their long week Journey into the wilds of South Eastern Arkansas. Captain Claude was once again missing and this time the legion’s least were the ones who were destined to get him back or die trying.
Please read the down below interesting thing that happened to your character. Generally these things happened after the meeting with Serina and before you leave on your mission. Each of you were given 20k in your share of the "loot" from the last adventure. If you want to purchase something Chuck Jones is stock full of gear(+2 to any common knowledge(basic supplies: rarity 1 or lower) roll or persuasion(something more specialized rarity 2 or above) roll to get some needed gear). Three days of rest have been gained. This is a great chance to discuss what each person has learned so you can all be on the same page.
  • Bonus HJ Roll: Please select one of the following tables and roll on it. Provide a bit of narration for this roll. How were these tables chosen? The GM read your posts.
    • Aggy(Bonus Benny Achieved, thank you for including being watched): Education(Something learned from research), ranged weapons(a gift from someone)
    • Fourty-Two: Education ( knowledge unlocked), Experience & Wisdom (A memory stirred)
    • Lulu: Training (Practice makes perfect), Experience and Wisdom (Going out into the world)
    • Keith: Psionics (Unexpected Power), Enchanted Items (Gift from an eager TW)
    • Jane: Education (Gaining a clue), Training (Bio-Engineered to be the best)
    • Ophelia: Undercover Ops (Slipping out), Melee Weapons (The dagger gains power)
Good Morning Aggy
In the morning as the group set out @Aggelos received a communication from Pender Lumkiss, " Aggy... Serina just told me about your mission. What ever happens don't go into Helena..." After a brief second a recording of his dead assistant plays for the True Atlantean Psi-slinger.
The voice is cold and calculating, definitely feminine, " Mrs. Dee's report on the lost Field Team four.
Their survey mission ended in disaster as they passed into the ruins of Helena against advisement. It was only later when the 77th went into recover the bodies of FT4 that the true horrors were revealed. Captain's Claude report detailed monster's of every type, and the bodies recovered were turned inside out and their eyes drained of liquid. Captain Claude's own report illustrates the horrors that await any who venture into those ruins. His team lost pursuit in the town of Pine City near some graveyard, which makes me wonder if something worse lurked there or did the monsters simply get bored? It is my recommendation that the ruins of Helena be marked off limits to any legion team not Vector clearance or higher."
Good Evening Jane Doe
As the night wore on Jane found herself given a room. Her radar esque senses picked up nothing the ordinary about it. It was spartan and made of stone. A simple bed to one side and desk to the other. The only piece of tech seemed to be a holo clock that doubled as a communication device. As soon as she put her stuff down the device crackled with a recorded message, "Good evening Jane. I am Xander, Luke's personal AI. Unfortunately he and the 77th are in the middle of a fire fight in the Antarctic otherwise he would be talking to you himself. He asked me to rely a simple message. Help your team where you can, when he gets back he will require your help in retrieving the second infinity sphere. Stay safe..." The transmission ends, but not before Jane's enhanced hearing can pick up a female voice fainting yelling, Avalanche!
42's Room Mate
Taylor Thomas the freckled faced red head budding technowizard nearly collapsed on his bed. He mumbled, "Hey 42... Those kids... So exhausting... So much energy..." He rolled over onto his back looking up at the ceiling. He had long ago painted the summer night sky on it along with a few other enchantments. He whispered to 42, " Those kids... Why did I volunteer to baby sit the Faulrin's kids for the day?" His voice trailed off as he looked at the clock in the room: 7:00PM. He groaned, "Oh... I have a date with Lulu in an... Ahh hour." He yawned deeply as the stars above in his painting twinkled with magic energies. He smacked his lips sleepily as his eyes shut, "Looks like someone is... snnnnnn.... spying.... snnnnnnn"
Ophelia in the Officers Club
An austere portion of the castle only for Majors and above. Oversized high back chairs, folks smoking cigars, and having a fine brandy. Most folks tended to keep to themselves, so it was surprise when Anatole slid into the plush red velvet chair next to Ophelia. His dashing pearl white grin did nothing to hide who he was with one of his own kin. "Ophelia... Ophelia... Heading south east are you? Possibly Holly Grove Graveyard maybe?" He shook his head his smile turning into a frown. " It used to be the headquarters to some company that made bears. The stuffed kind. Build-A-Bear if memory serves." He took a sip of brandy and stood, "Weird things happened overnight when I was passing through... Also I have seen the bounties on some of your companions..." He whistled low emphasizing just how high the bounties were and that if Ophelia were ever to leave the team he would be first in line to collect. As he turned to leave he bent low whispering, "Rumor is... An eclectic group has taken up shop in that town. Do you know anyone named WidowMker? I guess that is why they are sending you to baby sit them... Take care."
Lulu's big Date
After the record's room computer meltdown, a friendly face popped in to fix it. Taylor Thomas of course came in with his engineering tools and a smile on his tired face. His jaw nearly dropped when he saw it was Lulu who broke the machine. He stammered, "Uhh… Lulu... Uhh… Hey how is it? Uh going?"

The budding technowizard had ventured into the heart of the vampire kingdoms and back, yet he was still a slave to the machinations of his heart. He stammered filling the silence awkwardness doing his best to keep his attention on Lulu and not Jane. He dug his toe into the stone floor of the room wringing his hands together, " Uhh so that was some vehicle you guys brought back. A Coalition Mark IV all terrain troop assault… The mechanics took it apart yesterday just to make a full diagram of the engine." He chuckled, " That was some mess in the main cargo hold huh? Well they should have it all put together in a week or so."

He looked up catching her gaze and nearly fell apart, "Uhhh… Yeah... It might take me time to some this computer system repair... Frack..." He screwed his eyes whispering to himself, Vampire... Vampire... Vampire... He opened his eyes with a little more courage and rapidly spewed, "AfterIamdonefixing this computer, I have to watch theFaulrinchildren forafewmorehours. Aftethatcanwehave diner? Maybe 8pm?"
He never shows up. See 42’s occ for why
Keith's Dream
That evening Keith had such a vivid dream, as if he was seeing a memory only it was not his.
A large towering but beautiful grackletooth soldier escorted two human men into a large command tent. The two humans were both thin, one looked rather weak and the other seemed to carry himself with a certain confidence.

The grackletooths muscles rippled as he pulled open the tent flap, "This way Terrance and Mr. Knowles, General Giest is ready to see you."

The two entered the tent. It was lit by a single lantern floating with no supports high in the middle of the cozy command center. Maps were strewn across the table and a blond haired woman with piercing blue eyes looked up from behind the desk appraising the two men who entered. She gestured to a pair of mettel chairs on the other side of the table, "Gentlemen... Please sit. I hear you have a few ideas about what we can do to make the Coalition's lives hell?"
The scene shifted a bit, forward in time maybe 20 minutes. The two thin men have stood up from their chairs. The blond woman was yelling at them clearly angry, " You two have 5 seconds to remove yourself from my presence!
The black arts of magic are not something to be trifled with, and we will not stoop that low! Danny!!"
The flap opened and the large Grackletooth peaked in. Geist yelled one more time, "This war is not only for the city of Tolkien, but for its soul as well. I should have you shot for suggesting we do that to juicers... Danny throw these men out."

Outside the tent the large grackle put both his hands on the men's shoulder. The two men looked at each other whispering. The thin weak one whispered, "Is it true, if I get juiced you can make me live forever?"

The other man, smiled broadly with a curled evil grin, "Oh yes Terrance Maker... Oh yes..."
Attachments
Going East.png
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments
HJ: Psionics 1d20: [18] = 18
For as long as he could remember, having to talk and listen to people have exhausted Keith. And these people who he travelled with currently...ah, what were the names again? These people, they never shut up. Keith took the opportunity to take one of his infamous naps, and again he was plagued with crazy dreams. Along with the dreams, however, was something else. An epiphany. these humans, so easily manipulated by their fears. I don't know why I let them push me around, yeah they're big, but...weak... he woke up with a smile on his face.

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »


HJ Roll 1d20: [11] = 11
Understanding the ebb and flow of power in the habitable lands of North America
may very well mean the difference between life and death, making your hero’s
grasp of such matters extremely valuable. She gains Academics at d6. She also
gains +1 to Persuasion and Performance rolls.
as she begins to piece together details from her past.

The notes and details on her species relates that most Altaran women are vat grown and only begin their existence and living when they are effectively twenty years old in human years. The record files on Echo gave Jane a rough time frame on how long she had been on Earth, maybe three years.

In those three years she had been part of a Splurgoth Slaver Barge, traveled for a time with Tomorrow Legion's 7th SET, tracked down Luke (who was part of the 77th), been captured by the Coalition, escaped and tracked Luke again, and woke up to find that she was part of some off-Earth bio-wizardry program. All this before finding herself in league with Field Team Six.

Jane was feeling that hse had the right idea about the politics of North America. There were the common folk who minded their own business and looked out after their neighbors. Then there were the extremists, the kind that instilled hatred and fear, they also tened to be the voices for ideas of ONLY HUMANS or MAGIC ABOVE ALL ELSE. There were the Dimensional Beings, while not technically earthlings, they were certainly earthly inhabitants. Last were the outsiders or off worlders who were here for trouble and mayhem at anyones expense.

She would probably get some clarity on her analysis but again Jane felt that she got the idea.

Her time in the library with @LuLu while enlightening proved just as frustrating for Lulu who was trying to teach Jane to read.
Last edited by 74Z3 Jane Doe on Sun May 17, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

1d20: [2] = 2

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 am
On the way out of the chambers the team nearly bumped into a dashing tall man who gave them all a quick hello before entering Stargazers chambers, " Ah Field Team seven. Ophelia greetings as always. My name is Anatole... Well I must see Serina. Good luck." He seemed a bit aloof, and entered before anyone could get a word in edge-wise.
Rolling her eyes at the sad attempt at a slight. "The commissary has some decent backpacks that'll make lugging around supplies more easy, I suggest we all get one of those and at least a weeks worth of rations.... Except you Forty-Two, no need to explain how you don't eat food, or any pack made to fit you would be useless for our gear."

A casual acquaintance of the Atlantean woman might be surprised at her research skills, frankly she was herself pretty proud. While she was passably knowledgeable in computer systems, actual research was not her forte. But as she focused on the task at had her mind settled in and she instinctively moved through the steps of research, if not like an expert, at least like someone who had a clue what they were doing.

She rose early and hit up the commissary to stock up before swinging by the motor pool. Grabbing herself a backpack and weeks worth of food, then an extra weeks worth to be safe. Looking over the pool she sees nothing that looks like it wouldn't be missed. She briefly entertains a fantasy of using the override codes on the 77ths sweet ride but a fantasy is all it is. There's no way her Uncle Luke would have had the same codes all these years. Probably set off an alarm, or security system.

On her arrival in the courtyard she arranges her gear in the new bag, softly singing a hymn of Nemesis as she works.

You Can Run

When the team is gathered in full she shows them her maps and as they game plan a route she holds up a finger to pause the conversation when Captain Lumkiss opens a call to her. "Copy that sir. We will avoid that area." With a shake of her head at worry wart elders she conveys the gist of the warning. "It seems the town to the east of where we're going is seriously bad juju. Which since it's out of our way shouldn't be a problem."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

The communicator lit up and Xander relayed some details.

"There is more than one Infinity Orb?"

Xander's holo nods and Jane sits on the edge of her bed with her head in her hands.

"I have no idea which Orb I am after, much less what will happen when I find it."

Xander nods, "I will relay your concerns to Luke."

The image cuts out and Jane is left in the dark of the room once more. Something about these eyes of her's let her actually "see" Xander. As she sat there thinking about it ...

She awakes a few hours later to the alarm going off. Dressing she heads out to join the others as the day dawns.

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Slipping Out


Underworld/Black Ops: 1d20: [19] = 19

Choice: 5--7, I Know A Guy Edge, with +2 to Networking when using it.
Ophelia just nods to Anatole when they encounter him in the hallway of course, in response to his greeting her, rather than indicating any sort of actual acquaintanceship. In the meeting later, of course, she leans in and speaks softly.

"First off, 'Field Team Seven', Anatole? You would've been better off just ignoring the group entirely, or straight-up acknowledging us by name--either would have been better than playing at not being sure who we are. I am sure at least a few of them figured out that that line meant you know exactly who they are. I suppose you will claim it was a test, but honestly, I think you just wanted to show off." Her voice carries a tone of friendly chiding, rather than a serious rebuke.

She sobers a bit, though, as he lays out the information. "To be totally honest, the... necrotoys... are my least concern. I am more worried about finding Captain Claude. These bounties, however...." She tsks. "As always, I'll owe you a favor for that fact, Anatole. Please do not take too long to collect. It would be a shame if my age finally caught up to me and left a debt behind."

******************

Later still, when sitting down with the rest of the group to discuss plans, she waits for a suitable lull, then speaks. "I have three tidbits to add to the pool of knowledge. First off, Holly Grove apparently was the site of an old toy factory specializing in stuffed plush animals, specifically bears. Second, a fellow named Widowmaker has apparently taken up residence there--do any of you know the name? Third, several of you have bounties on your heads--it occurs to me that we may need to address that issue at some point, if we wish to retain full mobility in the field. Rescuing Claude likely must come first, but after that, we might request some leave time to go and wrap up some loose ends before they become a more serious issue."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »


Heroes Journeys 1d20: [14] = 14

There are times when no amount of skill, talent, or training is enough. Fortunately for your character, Lady Luck is in her corner. Take the Luck Edge, or Great Luck instead if she already has Luck.
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Ophelia Monk wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Later still, when sitting down with the rest of the group to discuss plans, she waits for a suitable lull, then speaks. "I have three tidbits to add to the pool of knowledge. First off, Holly Grove apparently was the site of an old toy factory specializing in stuffed plush animals, specifically bears. Second, a fellow named Widowmaker has apparently taken up residence there--do any of you know the name? Third, several of you have bounties on your heads--it occurs to me that we may need to address that issue at some point, if we wish to retain full mobility in the field. Rescuing Claude likely must come first, but after that, we might request some leave time to go and wrap up some loose ends before they become a more serious issue."
"Widdy will be there too? Great, three birds with one round. Also we won't have to walk home." She seems genuinely happy at the thought. "He's a butt hurt, juice boi we whupped in the Murderthon before you joined us. Also his little squad was after the bounty on me." Hefting her new pack on her shoulders, she looks at the team. "Remember the slavers I talked about in the bunker? Well it turns out one lived. A really important, wealthy one named Daxon Fell. It was his mercs that took Claude. This was why I tried to called a team meeting the other day, to see what we wanted to do about it. Did you think I just wanted to hold hands and sing songs?'

She looks over the teams packs to be sure they're all properly secured, tightening straps and making sure weight is displaced properly. "Anyway, the folks that grabbed him are a couple of perennial pains in the legions ass. Deathdealer Parsons and his squeeze Lady Glittersparkles. They also have a grade A psycho with them called Three. Little felinoid assassin bitch, VERY dangerous being."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Character Name
    List of Abilities
Character Name

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Aggelos wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm
"Widdy will be there too? Great, three birds with one round. Also we won't have to walk home." She seems genuinely happy at the thought. "He's a butt hurt, juice boi we whupped in the Murderthon before you joined us. Also his little squad was after the bounty on me." Hefting her new pack on her shoulders, she looks at the team. "Remember the slavers I talked about in the bunker? Well it turns out one lived. A really important, wealthy one named Daxon Fell. It was his mercs that took Claude. This was why I tried to called a team meeting the other day, to see what we wanted to do about it. Did you think I just wanted to hold hands and sing songs?'

She looks over the teams packs to be sure they're all properly secured, tightening straps and making sure weight is displaced properly. "Anyway, the folks that grabbed him are a couple of perennial pains in the legions ass. Deathdealer Parsons and his squeeze Lady Glittersparkles. They also have a grade A psycho with them called Three. Little felinoid assassin bitch, VERY dangerous being."
Widowmaker she knows lets see who else

CK Daxon Fell 1d4!!-5: [5!!]-5 = 0
Wild Daxon Fell 1d6!!-5: [10!!]-5 = 5
or maybe
CK Parsons & Co 1d4!!-5: [10!!]-5 = 5 Wild Parsons & Co 1d6!!-5: [10!!]-5 = 5
.

Those names are familiar, though she is a little uncertain why. Jane ain't much for deep thinking but there is some importance behind these particular ones.

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two enjoys the way things are going. But when his vision reveals someone spying of them he is a little concerned and goes to tell @Aggelos. "Hey Aggy, who do we report spies to. In my vision there was a man spying on us and he looked like this." Drawing an illusion in the air for her he says.
wizard scry.jpg
wizard scry.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 131 times
"This seems like something people should know about." Without thinking much of the conversation the tiny dragonling heads off looking for more interesting things to gather and learn about.
Taylor Thomas the freckled faced red head budding technowizard nearly collapsed on his bed. He mumbled, "Hey 42... Those kids... So exhausting... So much energy..." He rolled over onto his back looking up at the ceiling. He had long ago painted the summer night sky on it along with a few other enchantments. He whispered to 42, " Those kids... Why did I volunteer to baby sit the Faulrin's kids for the day?" His voice trailed off as he looked at the clock in the room: 7:00PM. He groaned, "Oh... I have a date with Lulu in an... Ahh hour." He yawned deeply as the stars above in his painting twinkled with magic energies. He smacked his lips sleepily as his eyes shut, "Looks like someone is... snnnnnn.... spying.... snnnnnnn"
Poking Tylor to wake him up Forty Two was excited. "Oh wow, that is so cool. I also saw someone spying on us. I bet my spy and your spy are the same spy. We must be really important for old men to spy on us." Excited about the news and the new development Forty Two rushes to tell the rest of the team about it. "I mean think about it, if someone is spying on us then we are really important. No one spies on the boring people, they only ever spy on the cool people. So this means we are the cool people. Have any of you been spied on?"

Once he has the idea in his head Forty Two seems to be fascinated with the mystery because he cannot get answers. The radio is filled with his chatter and speculations for at least 1/3 of the conversation while he spies the fields ahead.
Bennies 4, PPE: 10, ISP: 10
3 Quarterly Reset
+1 Hindrance added -2 to roll in interlude
Forty Two (Rob T)
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Lulu shoots for the stars
HJ Training Roll 1d20!!: [3] = 3 Your hero has some solid combat training. She gains +3 Skill Points which may be
spent on Athletics, Fighting, or Shooting in any combination.
In the three days they spend at Castle Refuge, Aggy seems to pay particular attention to Lulu's training. Not only does she suggest sparring in the gym, but she encourages the young medic to join her on the range as well. Lulu, realizing that all her medical skills won't stop people shooting at her, throws herself into the impromptu lessons. Her arms ache and her ears are ringing when she falls into bed on the second night, but tacked up on her wall is a paper target boasting a nice cluster of bullet holes in the center. She doesn't bother to get undressed. She just sets her alarm for another early morning moving target practice before breakfast and closes her eyes.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 am
[Taylor's] jaw nearly dropped when he saw it was Lulu who broke the machine. He stammered, "Uhh… Lulu... Uhh… Hey how is it? Uh going?"
A broad smile spreads across Lulu's face when the young redhead walks in. "Hey Taylor. I saw you earlier, but you were busy. This is my teammate Jane. I was starting to wonder if the universe doesn't want us to know what we're researching today. I can't seem to get answers or keep the terminal working."

Lulu bites her lip and tries to keep from giggling at Taylor while bumbles his way through asking her to dinner again. She blushes a bit as she answers. "I'd like that very much."

At 8:30 Lulu sighs at the clock in the cafeteria and shakes her head. Taylor obviously got distracted by something in his lab or with the Faulrin children. She gathers up a couple a couple sandwiches from the counter along with a couple bottles of beer. She is pretty sure she knows where his room and workshop are, and she sets off in that direction of the castle. She hears 42's cheerful chatter coming from down another hallway as she walks and moves to peek through the door. 42 is chattering with folks that aren't Taylor and Lulu slips away further down the halls. When she finds Taylor's room, the door is ajar, no doubt 42 forgot when he rushed off to "help" someone else. The hall lights are barely illuminate Taylor's cramped quarters, but Lulu can see he's fast asleep, curled on his side and looking so very young. Softly, she slips through the door and pulls a blanket from the rumpled mess at the foot of his bed up over him. Then she leaves a sandwich and beer on the table by his bed. Just as quietly, she latches the door behind herself as she leaves. It's getting late anyway and they've got an early morning. Lulu eats the other sandwich as she walks to her own quarters.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 0/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Deep thinking Jane
Terence Windum Maker, On those slave barges two juicers were made. Yourself a hyperion, and WidowMaker a Mega Juicer. The juicing of Terrence turned him into something that craved competition. Your splurgoth overlord even remarked in death Widowmaker's drive for competition would somehow bring him back to life or worse...
42's memory of Daxon Fell

Just after creation, your make received a visit from a young lady, with a face that you would never forget, and a hair purple as a strange sunset. The night was overly dark, and how someone found the hidden enclave was beyond you. Upon meeting her he transformed his shape into a rather paltry human one. Wrapped in a cloak he opened the door. He had commanded you and your brothers leave them alone, but you gleaned a glimpse of him opening the door and ushering the woman in, "Yes miss... My name is Daxon Fell, please come in..."
Keith gets woken up
infamous naps indeed. A few voices woke you up. They were giggling and talking to themselves in a strange although familiar language. Keith could see three blue child faeulrin d-bees next to him interupting his beauty sleep.

Hushed in a high pitched whisper one of them said,“Mwssaaapp, Is it he?”
Another child voice, but more feminine whispered back, “May-be. Mwwwazzup. The blonde Mazzwwapp.”
The third nodded adamantly, “He one in Mazzapaawaup.”

They scampered off leaving Keith to the rest of his infamous nap.
Lulu’s alone time in Talyor’s room
Depositing the beer and sadwhich Lulu notices a drawer half ajar in the near desk. Clear as day a note and amber jeweled locket was peeking out. The note read abet hasty To Lulu circled with a heart. Taylor was snoring softly as the stars painted above twinkled.
Let me know if you grab the locket... Mwahaha.
Ophelia receives Anatole’s favor
A day into the travel Ophelia notices a small envelope in her back pack. It has the familiar TL crest with Anatole’s sigil underneath.

Upon returning from your current mission wipe Pender Lumkiss’ mind of any pertinent detail. Ever since he lost his aide he has become more of liability than normal. Breaking protocol to accompany your team in a scouting patrol was just one of his latest infractions. The time has come for him to exit the legion, but first his mind must be wiped and any knowledge of where he stored something called an infinity orb must be gleaned. His last team the 77th was rumored to have recovered such an item. We have sent them to the Antarctic on a two month long mission. You must do both these things prior to their return, then we are even.

~Captain Anatole
Aggy meets Chuck Jone’s little friend
After buying your ramjets, Jones leans in smiling a bit too much. A few trinkets on his make shift table clink onto the ground. He smiles again and tips his nose in that knowing way. “Shoot Miss... Can you help me pick those up?”

While getting the items off the ground the dark table skirt pulls back slightly reveling perhaps Aggy’s only Friendenemy. Samual T. Cat, maybe faster on the draw than Aggy, and unlike her this feline house cat was not from the future but an alternate time line. The cat whispered, “Meow Angel, I can’t stick around more than a chicken in a fox den. I got some friends, and I reckon so do you, that would love to get their mits on Parsons, Glitter, and Three all still aliave.” The cat draws a breath purs...”200 thousand each.” The green gemstone he wore along his neck glowed a deep green and the Cat vanished before aggy could really reply.
Sometime later Pender Lumpkiss was at a bar in some off world way station talking two others about this venture Field Team Six had embarked upon. The two others at the bar listening intently were a feline orange tabby fiddling with a smaller six shooter in one paw purring slightly. The other was a towering humanoid clad in a shinning silver plate mail which looked to have been forged in the heart of a star.

Pender took a sip of his drink looking around the crowded room. The rooms metal walls and grilled deck plating gave it a sterile feel. He spoke slowly and quietly to the two individuals listening, “Right so... Captain Claude was missing again, and the field team narrowed down his location to The Holly Grove Graveyard in Pine City... A bit too close to Helena for my comfort. They left on foot heading south east... The road... Well... It was...”. He frowned shaking his head trying to clear it, “Uhh... Well they found some food... Uhhh, some thing good happened at some point... Ughh... No maybe it was something bad... Or both?” Pender rubbed his temples for a sec with both hands.

The cat yawned and gave Pender a winking eye, “Meow... I reckon something screwed up your brain Partner.”

Pender waved him off with a hand, “No... No... Its there I was just talking to Ophelia about this an hour ago, she was asking me about what I remembered too.”

The impassive cosmic knight shuffled his feet at the mention of Ophelia but he remained quiet.

Pender struggled to continue, “Lets see they met some one, what was their name... Ughh, ok I know after four days they made it to the crest of the Thunder Valley and camped... Camped for the night, in something near something. Prosek’s balls... Why can’t I remember.”

The doors of the bar burst open wide, splintering into thousand’s of metal shards. An Altaran in golden armor, and a techno wizard with a board look on his face rushed in with weapon’s in hand. Behind the two a cyborg butler pointed toward the trio talking at the bar. “There he is...”
I sort of broke the travel into stages. Each player please take one and tell us the story of that chapter. Feel free to make it up and put in what is interesting for your character and adventure. Each below option has a skill and usually a -2 modifier. I have included what happens on success or failure. Often times I refer to a potential roll in the next scene. This roll will be made as directed in a future GM post.

The Path: Survival roll at -2. Tell the story of the kind of road travelled. Use the relative success or failure of the roll to guide you. Failure, entire team potentially starts the next scene fatigued. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success: road is normal, each raise grants a +1 to another scene roll(Caps at four raises).

What to eat? How did the team do for food, did you soly rely on rations? Did they get ruined? Did you find other food sources, did you do the cooking? Survival -2 (+2 if the group brought enough rations). Failure: The team will potentially need to make a fatigue roll. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success, nothing special. Raise: can reduce any fatigue situations by 1 step. Like if someone crit failured the Path roll, a raise here could take the guaranteed fatigue to a roll, or a roll vs fatigue to no fatigue at all!

Something Good: What kind of fortune befell the Field team six? How did it affect the group? Any skill roll at -2. Success: +1 benny.

Something Bad: something bad happened on this journey. What was it and what happened? Choose any skill roll at -2. Failure the team potentially starts the next scene at 1 wound. Success: no bad result.

Someone: was this person a friend or foe? How helpful were they if at all? Networking roll at -2. Please factor in any persuasion modifiers good or ill. Failure: They were not helpful led you astray or perhaps store enough survival items to make it challenging, group will need to roll vs fatigue next scene. Crit fail: Each player loose a valuable item (GM choice, mwahahaha). Success: Pretty helpful, lowers any fatigue being applied to the next scene by 1 step. Raise: Super helpful. He has your patron items to deliver!!

Campsite: At the crest of Thunder Valley what kind of campsite did you find? Was it a small motel, a 5 star air bnb? Maybe it was a lean too made by a survival expert. Or was it a cold muddy hole from whence no sleep could possible come from. Skill: Notice at -2 (visual notice skill if it matters). Failure: The team will potentially need to make a fatigue roll. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success, nothing special. Raise: can reduce any fatigue situations by 1 step. Like if someone crit failured the Path roll, a raise here could take the guaranteed fatigue to a roll, or a roll vs fatigue to no fatigue at all!

If you made it this far... Danger Sense
roll it without the +2.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”