Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Power Dump is born
A tall gangly humanoid walked around the area where the CS Mark IV had been. He had a futuristic holographic note pad floating in front of him taking mental notes. Six CS solders were on the ground seemingly turned inside out. Near was a CS officer dressed in black walking a few steps behind this gangly grey skinned humanoid. The officer was holding his helm under one hand and a lit cigar in another.

His eyes glanced over the bodies of the soldiers splayed open with disgust, “It does not seem the implants took.”

The gangly humanoid spread out his spindly long fingers and bent down at Thunder from down under’s maimed corpse, “Hmmm... This one has potential. A degenerative bowel syndrome, but otherwise perfect.... A bio borg perhaps.” The creature put a device on thunder’s bloody chest and in moments he disappeared transported to parts unknown. The gangly creature was almost human like but its proportions were stretched turned at the CS officer chomping on a cigar. “Make sure you keep subject 7423 on a short leash Major Wolfe.” The gene splicer vanished as well teleported some place far away.

The major dropped his cigar into the muck letting out his breath. Thunder’s body had turned unexpectedly rancid. Major Wolfe’s eyes blinked as he was releived by the disapperence of both Thunder’s body and the genesplicer. “Fucking D-bee... Better rename JR Smith to Power Dump while you are at it.” Turning back to the dead soldiers he clicked his comm unit, “High Command please send a retrieval team to these coordinates. We have some heroes that need to come home.”

Something stirred near in the bushes Commander Ronald Macdonald was struggling at the water’s edge on his hands and knees. A thick tentacle had risen from the near river and had wrapped itself arround the commander’s neck. The commander’s face was beet red, and bruised. Major Wolfe wheeled around drawing his pistol and fired. Macdonald’s face vaporized and the tentacle released its hold withdrawing back into the water. It would seem the Maelstrom Maker would be denied its prize. The body fell to the ground lifeless. Wolfe continued his communication to CS high command, “Commander Macdonald has been killed.”

A steely cold woman’s voice responded, “Understood Major Wolfe. Carter out.”
The tallest spire in Castle Refuge belonged to the office of Serina Stargazer. A beautiful charming elf by all accounts and she was a powerful mystic prone to prophetic dream visions. Two days since the debriefing past and after the Legion’s mystics tended to each member of the Field Team (1 wound healed) the team found themselves summoned to her study high atop Castle Refuge.
On the way
In one of the halls on the way to Serrina Stargazer’s study the team nearly ran into a plucky red haired technowizard named Taylor Thomas. The you g technowizard’s freckled face smiled up at the team. “Hey fourty two, uh guys and ladies...” He seemed out of breath as if he had been running from something. “Whew Those Faelerin you brought back are just great. I was scanning one with my arcane scale the other day and it nearly blew my mageometer!”

A small voice called from arround the bend, “Taylor!”

The red headed technowizard laughed, ”Damit, they are good at hide and seek too.” He scurried off and moments later two blue skinned Faelrin children came around looking for him...
Finally arriving the team found themselves outside her tall closed brass door wondering if they should go in. Voices could be made out arguing and heated, but they were muffled and almost impossible understand.
Notice -4 (hearing)
“Why the hell aren’t you letting The 77th figure this out?”one voice, hard and mean pressed. Voice 1
“Crap on a stick Serrina I am not sitting this one out.” another voice confidant stated. Voice 2
“You barely even have a fucking team man, we are ready to go...”Voice 1
“Jude and I could handle it without breaking a sweat. We’ve saved the world more times than anyone, including you. Let me at least go with the field team to help them research...” Voice 2
“Gentlemen, please. They are outside. You have your orders. We need you to find out who took out our team in Antartica. We have never seen such savagery... Or precision.” A third calm enchanting voice said.
The great doors swung wide, and an enchantingly beautiful elf woman was looking at you expectedly. Her voice was melodius as she welcomed you, “Please come in... Have a seat.” She waved toward’s a few overside purple and blue couches in her study. The room was lined with book shelves high as the eye could see, and in the center was a great copper bulbous telescope pointing to the heavens. Between the couches was a small low table filled with drinks and soft buttery lemon flavored cakes, “Please sit, and lets chat.”

She took her seat and waited for the team to do as well. “With the exception of Ophelia I think this is the first time I have had the pleasure of meeting all of you.” Her eyes dart briefly to @Ophelia Monk warily but immediately eased. “You will all be pleased to know that Angis is in recovery, a partial cyborg I am afraid. Pender regained consciousness last night. The healers were able to remove the last bits of the poison and mettal fragments from his body.” She shuddered slightly, “Those U-Rounds are quiet lethal.” She slightly bowed toward @LuLu ”Lulu, I must say many of us were so thankful for everything you did in the field for both men.”

She leaned back into the couch and it in turn seemed to in some ways swallow her fragile figure. He long angular eyes took in the rest of the team. She studied @Keith’s gruff countance, and then @Aggelos’s driven demenor. Followed by @Forty-Two’s curious exuberance, and lastly settled on Jane for a good moment as if memorizing the altaran s features.

Her eyes closed and her enchanted voice spoke, “Last night... I had a dream. I saw a place with a grave... A series of graves, old before the coming of the rifts. They were surrounded by a grove of holly. Then large trees... Pine trees. A village near was very quiet... Too quiet. But I could hear faint giggling. Followed by a child’s plush toy walking, lots of them walking. Somehow distorted coming from those graves. An old wooden sign covered in black ichor... I cannot see... I cannot see the name.” She paused... Her eyes focused on the group, “You six... I saw you six leave Castle refuge Into the east to investigate... It...” She leaned in clearly tired from her recounting of her dream, “You must find the meaning of my dream. If you do not, there is no hope for Captain Claude... Perhaps even others...” She faltered for a moment surprised by something. Her voice had a prophetic tone to it, “You may walk or take the Mark IV. Both carry risks, the armed vehicle will bring larger confrontation but provides protection. Whereas walking is slow and leaves you exposed. But, you may pass unseen through areas of great danger. The choice is yours as my vision did not bring clarity to this. If you have any questions go seek your answers in the Castle, for I know no more than I have shared. Good luck Field Team Six.”
If you want to pin point the location of this dream go ahead and RP, make any appropriate skill rolls, researching, networking, NA Geography, etc at -2 penalty. Support skills are at the same penalty. Aggy gets a +2 to any roll in unraveling this mystery due to the coordinates Parson’s provided on a holocam. Feel free to make up NPCs and locations in the castle as appropriate.
  • Finding out where you are going will give you some background and bonuses on the journey.
  • +1 benny if during this investigative portion if you mention a feeling of someone or something watching you.
  • +1 HJ roll if you guys figure out where to go without GM input,.. Its all there in Serrina’s dream(This will be decided next GM post).
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Before the team can act on the revelations from their last escapade they are called to meet with one of the Legions top VIPs. Unsure of exactly what this portends Aggelos arrives looking mildly curious.
Notice 4
Notice 1d6: [1] = 1 forgot the -4
Wild 1d6-4: [6]-4 = 2 Ace 1d6+2!!: [2]+2 = 4
Despite not actively listening in she can make out the end of the conversation within the room as they wait. More importantly she recognizes the voices of the now recovered Libertas and, much more alarming, her father. Her eyes widen slightly in alarm and she takes a half step back from the door before regaining her composure. There is no way he could recognize you, be cool Angel When the door opens her eyes quickly track around the room, seeing no one aside from their hostess she relaxes a little and takes the offered seat. Despite having the coordinates from Parsons Aggy listens with care to the seers description to glean any hints at what they might expect. At the end she nods in acceptance of the assignment.

As they walk out "Unless we can get a crew assigned to us to help me drive that beast, I say we walk. We were lucky to have gotten it here. I'm sure some bandits or other pricks will be kind enough to donate us their ride. Gonna hit the archives and look up what Parsons gave us. Do we want to try and leave today or in the morning?"

After splitting up Aggelos heads to records and tries to finagle some maps to match her info out of the (to her) archaic machines. She almost asks out loud for her aid from her uncle Lukes AI companion Xander. Hearing the voice of fathers younger self must be making me dopey with sentiment she thinks as she begins typing.
Task roll 7
Electronics 1d6+2!!: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
Finding some maps that look promising she prints them out and looks for reports on the area. As she works she can't help but feel like someone else is lurking about the office. Nothing seen or heard but lurking just at the edge of her perceptions. While the printer is running she even has a stealthy look around but aside from a couple trying to have a bit of alone time when they were supposed to be working she finds nothing amiss. Since the feeling, while unsettling, wasn't triggering her innate "threat sense" she decides to let it slide for now and finish what she's doing.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Notice 0
Notice 1d6!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Jane has no reference for the voices beyond the door. She does not let anyone see that she cares one way or the other.

After hearing Serina Stargazer's intro and dream, Jane exclaims, "By the Forge I am a foreigner here to Refuge. To North America. To Earth."

"I have no reference for the places you speak of."

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two is excited at this great new adventure he will be able to go on with all his best friends. When things become mysterious and the prophecy is repeated he is fascinated wide eyed. For some reason he loved learning mysteries even as much as he loved repairing and fixing things, and this was definitely a mystery.

As he starts looking over the evidence and thinking about what was being said, Forty Two remembers his geography lessons and all the books covering ley line locations on earth. (
Results 11
Academics d10+2
Academics 1d10!!+2 or Wild Die 1d6!!+2: [7]+2+[9!!]+2 = 20
) "Hey, I recognize this, look here this is the Pinchot fork on the Mississippi. It is in my memory banks from when I had to learn about North American Ley Line location. And this here this is also familiar..." Forty Two rambles on speaking of places and locations many of the others likely never heard of.

When Aggy suggest walking Forty Two is unsurprised. "Well, i mean I can walk, but I am really slow when I do. I am a much better flyer than a walker, and I would be a lot better as a spy if you let me fly then I can spot stuff and see people hiden to ambush us, because I am really good at spotting people ready to ambush and really, really good at flying. But I mean if it is okay for us to mostly walk, but still let me fly I am okay with that."
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Lulu hears nothing through the door.
Notice 1d6-4: [5]-4 = 1
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 pm
In one of the halls on the way to Serrina Stargazer’s study the team nearly ran into a plucky red haired technowizard named Taylor Thomas. The you g technowizard’s freckled face smiled up at the team. “Hey fourty two, uh guys and ladies...” He seemed out of breath as if he had been running from something…
Lulu smiled at the sight of Taylor. They’d both been busy and distracted in the two days she’d been back and hadn’t had a chance to even say hi, let alone try to meet for a date again. When he ran off to find the children she chuckled and waved goodbye to him.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 pm
Pender regained consciousness last night. The healers were able to remove the last bits of the poison and mettal fragments from his body.” [/b] She shuddered slightly, “Those U-Rounds are quiet lethal.” She slightly bowed toward @LuLu ”Lulu, I must say many of us were so thankful for everything you did in the field for both men.”
Lulu chews her lower lip and ducks her head quickly in response to the woman’s praise. Even though she wasn’t currently working in the infirmary, they were still her people and she’d been checking on the two men’s conditions three times a day. She was relieved that they were recovering, in a sense, but she also knew exactly how close the legion came to losing them both.
74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:58 pm
After hearing Serina Stargazer's intro and dream, Jane exclaims, "By the Forge I am a foreigner here to Refuge. To North America. To Earth."

"I have no reference for the places you speak of."
Having chosen a seat on the blue sofa next to Jane, Lulu was quick to grab Jane’s hand and give it a squeeze. After the team meeting in the gym, she’d gained a new understanding of their taciturn teammate.
”We’ll figure it out. Rarely do profecies announce their exact quarantants. We’ll have to cross reference the description with maps and processing software. We may not even get it narrowed down to a single location. Where you and I met was only my first foray out of Castle Refuge since I came from my family’s farm.” the young woman smiled broadly, mentally channeling a bit of Forty-Two’s enthusiastic friendship. ”It seems like you’re going to get to see a lot of this continent while you’re working for the Legion. The more you see, the more chance you have to find what you’re looking for!”
Aggelos wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:50 pm
As they walk out "Unless we can get a crew assigned to us to help me drive that beast, I say we walk. We were lucky to have gotten it here. I'm sure some bandits or other pricks will be kind enough to donate us their ride. Gonna hit the archives and look up what Parsons gave us. Do we want to try and leave today or in the morning?"
Inwardly, Lulu groaned at the idea of traveling overland again. Logically she knew that every trip wouldn’t be a literal monsoon like the mission they’d just returned from, but she couldn’t help but be appalled at the prospect of getting back on the road when her underwear had barely dried.
”Hey. When she said children’s toys walking. Was she talking about more of those bears we saw on guard duty?” Lulu shuddered at the thought.

“I think we should go in the morning. I need to take one more hot bath and repack my supplies before we hit the road again. Jane, do you want to come with me. I thought maybe we could go to the infirmary, run some basic tests and see if you or anyone related to you has ever been entered into our database. It’s quite extensive. A hit might give you a clue of somewhere to start looking.”
The young medic gave the other woman a hopeful look.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Not realizing that her hands were on the sofa, it was good for @LuLu that Jane was not armed. The touch of another on her hand was electrifying, shocking, and revelatory all in a few minutes. Her initial response was to pull away and for a split second she did, until she realized that LuLu was being empathetic and then Jane relaxed.
Luke and Jane wrote: In a grove of trees, Luke onserved the sedated Altaran. She had snuck up on him and taken him by surprise, but Xander had proved to be quicker than both of them. The sedative was s strong one to overcome the "Juice" or "Death Cocktail" as Doc Olliday liked to call it.

Luke had the exoskeleton retracted and with his gnarled and withered hand he gently caressed the back side of Jane's hand.
At the mention of being registered in Refuge's data stores, Jane finds herself highly excited on the inside though nothing changes on the outside.

"Sure, I will come along."

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8!-4 1d6!-4: [5]-4+[3]-4 = 0
Got to figure out this notation... but this is a Notice Failure for overhearing the convo, at least.
Once they are admitted into the room, Ophelia considers the Serina's vision carefully. When they leave, she comments, "Sadly, I must agree, Aggie, that our best bet is to, well, 'hoof it'. I will simply have to put more effort into keeping up with the rest of you." The old woman sighs a bit at the thought of a long trek, but it doesn't seem to be avoidable.

As they walk, discussing possible options, she is quiet, thinking to herself.

As the others go off to examine files and suchlike, she simply slips away for a little while, making contact with the other members of her clan, seeing if any of them know anything about a town in that area with a large, old graveyard.

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d8-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Persuasion 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4

As luck would have it, one of her kin, Anatole, had a job not far from that area about a year and a half ago. He saw the graveyards from the distance, and decided to go around, but he's able to give some information about the terrain surrounding the ghost town.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane is pretty certain that she has no idea where she is. Even when @LuLu states that they are in the Records room for the Legion, it does not make much sense to her. She can't see the writing and second she can't read it.

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments
Notice 1d8-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Die 1d6-2: [3]-2 = 1

Psionics 1d10-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die 1d6-2: [2]-2 = 0

Keith snarls as the kid, in his enthusiasm, violates Keiths' broad definition of personal space. "Out of the way, nerd!"

He hovers outside of the brass door, muttering loud enough to mask any noises coming from inside.

When pressed for an answer, Keith doesn't express a preference either way as to walking (which he points out he doesn't even do) or riding in a vehicle (and having to smell all of you).

Keith watches 42, curiously. Keith puts his hands to his temples, trying to project a memory of Serina's description to 42, but, alas, he does not seem to have that capability.
Last edited by Keith on Thu May 14, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:37 pm
Jane is pretty certain that she has no idea where she is. Even when @LuLu states that they are in the Records room for the Legion, it does not make much sense to her. She can't see the writing and second she can't read it.
Lulu starts by asking to take just a micro sample of Jane's blood to compare with others in the records. Without really thinking about it, she softly and gently explains what she was doing step by step as she sterilizes Jane's finger and applies the hemapen. She keeps on talking in her calm methodical voice as she enters the sample into the diagnostic machine and boots up two of the interface terminals.
"You can help me search. We'll start by entering broad search terms and then scroll through entries and refine them as we encounter specifics... " Lulu's voice trails off as she turns to the woman next to her. Her eyes go up to Jane's face and she suddenly realizes the other woman might not be able to see the screen. She cocks her head as her brain zips through what little she knew about her teammate.
"Jane, can you see two-dimensional things? I assume you sense three-dimensional things somehow because you walk, fight, and navigate the world, but...I guess I don't honestly know."
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

((Convo before we split up for research))
Forty-Two wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 am
When Aggy suggest walking Forty Two is unsurprised. "Well, i mean I can walk, but I am really slow when I do. I am a much better flyer than a walker, and I would be a lot better as a spy if you let me fly then I can spot stuff and see people hiden to ambush us, because I am really good at spotting people ready to ambush and really, really good at flying. But I mean if it is okay for us to mostly walk, but still let me fly I am okay with that."
Is he...? With an audible sigh, "Of course he's serious." She mutters under her breath then turns to the automaton "Yes, Forty-Two, you may fly. And Keith can float. And if she wants LuLu can skip, but it doesn't sound like the kind of situation that'd warrant it. However I'm really hoping the fates and some opportunism can help us catch a ride."
LuLu wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Inwardly, Lulu groaned at the idea of traveling overland again. Logically she knew that every trip wouldn’t be a literal monsoon like the mission they’d just returned from, but she couldn’t help but be appalled at the prospect of getting back on the road when her underwear had barely dried.
”Hey. When she said children’s toys walking. Was she talking about more of those bears we saw on guard duty?” Lulu shuddered at the thought.

“I think we should go in the morning. I need to take one more hot bath and repack my supplies before we hit the road again. Jane, do you want to come with me. I thought maybe we could go to the infirmary, run some basic tests and see if you or anyone related to you has ever been entered into our database. It’s quite extensive. A hit might give you a clue of somewhere to start looking.”
The young medic gave the other woman a hopeful look.
"That'd be my guess. Fell, being El Occulta, was into some weird shit. It would explain how he lived through me shooting him in the face, among other places. This planet is fucking weird so until now I just thought those things were just random earth shit but it must have been him taking a shot at me. As for Jane, she's an Altaran from the Three Galaxies... Probably. Hope that helps."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

At the mention of being Altaran, "I am Altaran but I am not Altaran."

"Altarans are bio-engineered. We all should look like each other. Except me."

"I know I was on a Splurgoth slave barge with my Sisters in Arms. But I was not there for the Splurgoth, my sisters, or fame and wealth."

"I was sent here to find the In'Valian known here on Earth as Luke."



When @LuLu is talking to Jane about what she can see, Jane laughs. "These eyes are implants that my body can neither reject nor seem to utilize."

"I sense things I guess in what you describe as 3D."

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Aggelos wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 8:39 pm
((Convo before we split up for research))
Forty-Two wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 am
When Aggy suggest walking Forty Two is unsurprised. "Well, i mean I can walk, but I am really slow when I do. I am a much better flyer than a walker, and I would be a lot better as a spy if you let me fly then I can spot stuff and see people hiden to ambush us, because I am really good at spotting people ready to ambush and really, really good at flying. But I mean if it is okay for us to mostly walk, but still let me fly I am okay with that."
Is he...? With an audible sigh, "Of course he's serious." She mutters under her breath then turns to the automaton "Yes, Forty-Two, you may fly. And Keith can float. And if she wants LuLu can skip, but it doesn't sound like the kind of situation that'd warrant it. However I'm really hoping the fates and some opportunism can help us catch a ride."
"Oh, that is great. Because like I said I am really bad at walking. And would not be able to keep up with you, because some of you are like the best walkers I have ever seen and sometimes I can just watch you walk and it is amazing. But my walk is kind of slow and not nearly as good." Then distracted as if he completely forgot about the conversation about walking he hears Lulu.
LuLu wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Inwardly, Lulu groaned at the idea of traveling overland again. Logically she knew that every trip wouldn’t be a literal monsoon like the mission they’d just returned from, but she couldn’t help but be appalled at the prospect of getting back on the road when her underwear had barely dried.
”Hey. When she said children’s toys walking. Was she talking about more of those bears we saw on guard duty?” Lulu shuddered at the thought.

“I think we should go in the morning. I need to take one more hot bath and repack my supplies before we hit the road again. Jane, do you want to come with me. I thought maybe we could go to the infirmary, run some basic tests and see if you or anyone related to you has ever been entered into our database. It’s quite extensive. A hit might give you a clue of somewhere to start looking.”
The young medic gave the other woman a hopeful look.
"We have a database of people in our system? That is so cool, I want to help, I have never seen a database of people before. Can I just come and help, I wont be in the way at all and I can be really helpful." Forty Two's mind is overwhelmed with the idea that all the people in the world can be listed out. that would be really neat and you could see what everyone needs all at once, then you could decide the best way to start helping them.
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed edition
The triumphant investigation!

The day long investigation yielded a few nuggets and more importantly all signs pointed to Holly Grove Graveyard just outside what old earth maps would have called Pine City Arkansas. The maps and legion reports that @Aggelos went through would generously be called maps. They were mostly just a collection of markers and interesting features south east of the castle stretching into the fabled ruins of Helena. However, her research did indicate Pine City was marked by a large tree that could be seen from miles around.
@74Z3 Jane Doe had some trouble investigating literally caught out of place. As the group left Serina's chambers the farseeing elf clicked her com and whispered, "Xander patch me into Luke..." The elf also gave one last glance to the departing heroes, her eyes drifted momentarily to @Ophelia Monk, again, briefly, but betraying some old issue between the two.

On the way out of the chambers the team nearly bumped into a dashing tall man who gave them all a quick hello before entering Stargazers chambers, " Ah Field Team seven. Ophelia greetings as always. My name is Anatole... Well I must see Serina. Good luck." He seemed a bit aloof, and entered before anyone could get a word in edge-wise.

As the day wore on @Fourty-Two's studying of the geography of the south east portion of Arkansas pointed out several interesting features. Most likely the group would initially encounter the south east edge of the Ozark mountain range. A potentially rugged climate with peaks extending into the high 2000ft. With the last rain storm just a few days removed the chance of snow was high. After passing through the Ozark, the group would encounter Thunder Valley, an area of geological instability where mountains seemingly floated over head. After a 20 mile trek through that swath of thundering land Field Team Six would once again find itself in a swampy plains although this time studded with tall pine trees that extended all the way to Pine City and beyond to even Helena's ruins which sat at the edge of the mighty Mississippi river. Leylines seemed to crisscross this area with the exception of Thunder Valley. Strangely there were no leylines in this Valley.

@Lulu was able to reconfirm Aggy's own investigation that both the prophesy and Parson's coordinates seem to indicate Holly Grove Graveyard just outside Pine City. In the records room, upon entering Jane's Information the computer inexplicably turned off. Was this due to a clumsy mishap or something else?

@Keith's foray into projecting Serina's dream vision for @Fourty-Two to see did not turn out exactly the way he wanted. Instead the zapper's projection tapped into another's dream?... A human male with a dark purple cloak obscuring most of his face except a broad smile was sitting at a table with a crystal ball. His hands were outstretched hovering over the gleaming transparent ball. In the ball you could just make out the room of Taylor Thomas and 42. Both were talking. A faint voice called out from beyond the room this cloaked man is in. "Malagant!" Then the vision faded away...

With the investigation complete the members of Field Team Six found themselves gathered the next morning in the castle court yard with their gear in hand about ready to leave. The sun was just peaking over the nearest Ozark Mountain crest, and a cold brisk chill breezed in. The ever friendly merchant rep for the NGR, Chuck Jones blew a dose of warmth in between his hands and pulled open the door to his stall. He waved at the group as they were about to embark on their long week Journey into the wilds of South Eastern Arkansas. Captain Claude was once again missing and this time the legion’s least were the ones who were destined to get him back or die trying.
Please read the down below interesting thing that happened to your character. Generally these things happened after the meeting with Serina and before you leave on your mission. Each of you were given 20k in your share of the "loot" from the last adventure. If you want to purchase something Chuck Jones is stock full of gear(+2 to any common knowledge(basic supplies: rarity 1 or lower) roll or persuasion(something more specialized rarity 2 or above) roll to get some needed gear). Three days of rest have been gained. This is a great chance to discuss what each person has learned so you can all be on the same page.
  • Bonus HJ Roll: Please select one of the following tables and roll on it. Provide a bit of narration for this roll. How were these tables chosen? The GM read your posts.
    • Aggy(Bonus Benny Achieved, thank you for including being watched): Education(Something learned from research), ranged weapons(a gift from someone)
    • Fourty-Two: Education ( knowledge unlocked), Experience & Wisdom (A memory stirred)
    • Lulu: Training (Practice makes perfect), Experience and Wisdom (Going out into the world)
    • Keith: Psionics (Unexpected Power), Enchanted Items (Gift from an eager TW)
    • Jane: Education (Gaining a clue), Training (Bio-Engineered to be the best)
    • Ophelia: Undercover Ops (Slipping out), Melee Weapons (The dagger gains power)
Good Morning Aggy
In the morning as the group set out @Aggelos received a communication from Pender Lumkiss, " Aggy... Serina just told me about your mission. What ever happens don't go into Helena..." After a brief second a recording of his dead assistant plays for the True Atlantean Psi-slinger.
The voice is cold and calculating, definitely feminine, " Mrs. Dee's report on the lost Field Team four.
Their survey mission ended in disaster as they passed into the ruins of Helena against advisement. It was only later when the 77th went into recover the bodies of FT4 that the true horrors were revealed. Captain's Claude report detailed monster's of every type, and the bodies recovered were turned inside out and their eyes drained of liquid. Captain Claude's own report illustrates the horrors that await any who venture into those ruins. His team lost pursuit in the town of Pine City near some graveyard, which makes me wonder if something worse lurked there or did the monsters simply get bored? It is my recommendation that the ruins of Helena be marked off limits to any legion team not Vector clearance or higher."
Good Evening Jane Doe
As the night wore on Jane found herself given a room. Her radar esque senses picked up nothing the ordinary about it. It was spartan and made of stone. A simple bed to one side and desk to the other. The only piece of tech seemed to be a holo clock that doubled as a communication device. As soon as she put her stuff down the device crackled with a recorded message, "Good evening Jane. I am Xander, Luke's personal AI. Unfortunately he and the 77th are in the middle of a fire fight in the Antarctic otherwise he would be talking to you himself. He asked me to rely a simple message. Help your team where you can, when he gets back he will require your help in retrieving the second infinity sphere. Stay safe..." The transmission ends, but not before Jane's enhanced hearing can pick up a female voice fainting yelling, Avalanche!
42's Room Mate
Taylor Thomas the freckled faced red head budding technowizard nearly collapsed on his bed. He mumbled, "Hey 42... Those kids... So exhausting... So much energy..." He rolled over onto his back looking up at the ceiling. He had long ago painted the summer night sky on it along with a few other enchantments. He whispered to 42, " Those kids... Why did I volunteer to baby sit the Faulrin's kids for the day?" His voice trailed off as he looked at the clock in the room: 7:00PM. He groaned, "Oh... I have a date with Lulu in an... Ahh hour." He yawned deeply as the stars above in his painting twinkled with magic energies. He smacked his lips sleepily as his eyes shut, "Looks like someone is... snnnnnn.... spying.... snnnnnnn"
Ophelia in the Officers Club
An austere portion of the castle only for Majors and above. Oversized high back chairs, folks smoking cigars, and having a fine brandy. Most folks tended to keep to themselves, so it was surprise when Anatole slid into the plush red velvet chair next to Ophelia. His dashing pearl white grin did nothing to hide who he was with one of his own kin. "Ophelia... Ophelia... Heading south east are you? Possibly Holly Grove Graveyard maybe?" He shook his head his smile turning into a frown. " It used to be the headquarters to some company that made bears. The stuffed kind. Build-A-Bear if memory serves." He took a sip of brandy and stood, "Weird things happened overnight when I was passing through... Also I have seen the bounties on some of your companions..." He whistled low emphasizing just how high the bounties were and that if Ophelia were ever to leave the team he would be first in line to collect. As he turned to leave he bent low whispering, "Rumor is... An eclectic group has taken up shop in that town. Do you know anyone named WidowMker? I guess that is why they are sending you to baby sit them... Take care."
Lulu's big Date
After the record's room computer meltdown, a friendly face popped in to fix it. Taylor Thomas of course came in with his engineering tools and a smile on his tired face. His jaw nearly dropped when he saw it was Lulu who broke the machine. He stammered, "Uhh… Lulu... Uhh… Hey how is it? Uh going?"

The budding technowizard had ventured into the heart of the vampire kingdoms and back, yet he was still a slave to the machinations of his heart. He stammered filling the silence awkwardness doing his best to keep his attention on Lulu and not Jane. He dug his toe into the stone floor of the room wringing his hands together, " Uhh so that was some vehicle you guys brought back. A Coalition Mark IV all terrain troop assault… The mechanics took it apart yesterday just to make a full diagram of the engine." He chuckled, " That was some mess in the main cargo hold huh? Well they should have it all put together in a week or so."

He looked up catching her gaze and nearly fell apart, "Uhhh… Yeah... It might take me time to some this computer system repair... Frack..." He screwed his eyes whispering to himself, Vampire... Vampire... Vampire... He opened his eyes with a little more courage and rapidly spewed, "AfterIamdonefixing this computer, I have to watch theFaulrinchildren forafewmorehours. Aftethatcanwehave diner? Maybe 8pm?"
He never shows up. See 42’s occ for why
Keith's Dream
That evening Keith had such a vivid dream, as if he was seeing a memory only it was not his.
A large towering but beautiful grackletooth soldier escorted two human men into a large command tent. The two humans were both thin, one looked rather weak and the other seemed to carry himself with a certain confidence.

The grackletooths muscles rippled as he pulled open the tent flap, "This way Terrance and Mr. Knowles, General Giest is ready to see you."

The two entered the tent. It was lit by a single lantern floating with no supports high in the middle of the cozy command center. Maps were strewn across the table and a blond haired woman with piercing blue eyes looked up from behind the desk appraising the two men who entered. She gestured to a pair of mettel chairs on the other side of the table, "Gentlemen... Please sit. I hear you have a few ideas about what we can do to make the Coalition's lives hell?"
The scene shifted a bit, forward in time maybe 20 minutes. The two thin men have stood up from their chairs. The blond woman was yelling at them clearly angry, " You two have 5 seconds to remove yourself from my presence!
The black arts of magic are not something to be trifled with, and we will not stoop that low! Danny!!"
The flap opened and the large Grackletooth peaked in. Geist yelled one more time, "This war is not only for the city of Tolkien, but for its soul as well. I should have you shot for suggesting we do that to juicers... Danny throw these men out."

Outside the tent the large grackle put both his hands on the men's shoulder. The two men looked at each other whispering. The thin weak one whispered, "Is it true, if I get juiced you can make me live forever?"

The other man, smiled broadly with a curled evil grin, "Oh yes Terrance Maker... Oh yes..."
Attachments
Going East.png
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments
HJ: Psionics 1d20: [18] = 18
For as long as he could remember, having to talk and listen to people have exhausted Keith. And these people who he travelled with currently...ah, what were the names again? These people, they never shut up. Keith took the opportunity to take one of his infamous naps, and again he was plagued with crazy dreams. Along with the dreams, however, was something else. An epiphany. these humans, so easily manipulated by their fears. I don't know why I let them push me around, yeah they're big, but...weak... he woke up with a smile on his face.

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »


HJ Roll 1d20: [11] = 11
Understanding the ebb and flow of power in the habitable lands of North America
may very well mean the difference between life and death, making your hero’s
grasp of such matters extremely valuable. She gains Academics at d6. She also
gains +1 to Persuasion and Performance rolls.
as she begins to piece together details from her past.

The notes and details on her species relates that most Altaran women are vat grown and only begin their existence and living when they are effectively twenty years old in human years. The record files on Echo gave Jane a rough time frame on how long she had been on Earth, maybe three years.

In those three years she had been part of a Splurgoth Slaver Barge, traveled for a time with Tomorrow Legion's 7th SET, tracked down Luke (who was part of the 77th), been captured by the Coalition, escaped and tracked Luke again, and woke up to find that she was part of some off-Earth bio-wizardry program. All this before finding herself in league with Field Team Six.

Jane was feeling that hse had the right idea about the politics of North America. There were the common folk who minded their own business and looked out after their neighbors. Then there were the extremists, the kind that instilled hatred and fear, they also tened to be the voices for ideas of ONLY HUMANS or MAGIC ABOVE ALL ELSE. There were the Dimensional Beings, while not technically earthlings, they were certainly earthly inhabitants. Last were the outsiders or off worlders who were here for trouble and mayhem at anyones expense.

She would probably get some clarity on her analysis but again Jane felt that she got the idea.

Her time in the library with @LuLu while enlightening proved just as frustrating for Lulu who was trying to teach Jane to read.
Last edited by 74Z3 Jane Doe on Sun May 17, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

1d20: [2] = 2

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 am
On the way out of the chambers the team nearly bumped into a dashing tall man who gave them all a quick hello before entering Stargazers chambers, " Ah Field Team seven. Ophelia greetings as always. My name is Anatole... Well I must see Serina. Good luck." He seemed a bit aloof, and entered before anyone could get a word in edge-wise.
Rolling her eyes at the sad attempt at a slight. "The commissary has some decent backpacks that'll make lugging around supplies more easy, I suggest we all get one of those and at least a weeks worth of rations.... Except you Forty-Two, no need to explain how you don't eat food, or any pack made to fit you would be useless for our gear."

A casual acquaintance of the Atlantean woman might be surprised at her research skills, frankly she was herself pretty proud. While she was passably knowledgeable in computer systems, actual research was not her forte. But as she focused on the task at had her mind settled in and she instinctively moved through the steps of research, if not like an expert, at least like someone who had a clue what they were doing.

She rose early and hit up the commissary to stock up before swinging by the motor pool. Grabbing herself a backpack and weeks worth of food, then an extra weeks worth to be safe. Looking over the pool she sees nothing that looks like it wouldn't be missed. She briefly entertains a fantasy of using the override codes on the 77ths sweet ride but a fantasy is all it is. There's no way her Uncle Luke would have had the same codes all these years. Probably set off an alarm, or security system.

On her arrival in the courtyard she arranges her gear in the new bag, softly singing a hymn of Nemesis as she works.

You Can Run

When the team is gathered in full she shows them her maps and as they game plan a route she holds up a finger to pause the conversation when Captain Lumkiss opens a call to her. "Copy that sir. We will avoid that area." With a shake of her head at worry wart elders she conveys the gist of the warning. "It seems the town to the east of where we're going is seriously bad juju. Which since it's out of our way shouldn't be a problem."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

The communicator lit up and Xander relayed some details.

"There is more than one Infinity Orb?"

Xander's holo nods and Jane sits on the edge of her bed with her head in her hands.

"I have no idea which Orb I am after, much less what will happen when I find it."

Xander nods, "I will relay your concerns to Luke."

The image cuts out and Jane is left in the dark of the room once more. Something about these eyes of her's let her actually "see" Xander. As she sat there thinking about it ...

She awakes a few hours later to the alarm going off. Dressing she heads out to join the others as the day dawns.

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Slipping Out


Underworld/Black Ops: 1d20: [19] = 19

Choice: 5--7, I Know A Guy Edge, with +2 to Networking when using it.
Ophelia just nods to Anatole when they encounter him in the hallway of course, in response to his greeting her, rather than indicating any sort of actual acquaintanceship. In the meeting later, of course, she leans in and speaks softly.

"First off, 'Field Team Seven', Anatole? You would've been better off just ignoring the group entirely, or straight-up acknowledging us by name--either would have been better than playing at not being sure who we are. I am sure at least a few of them figured out that that line meant you know exactly who they are. I suppose you will claim it was a test, but honestly, I think you just wanted to show off." Her voice carries a tone of friendly chiding, rather than a serious rebuke.

She sobers a bit, though, as he lays out the information. "To be totally honest, the... necrotoys... are my least concern. I am more worried about finding Captain Claude. These bounties, however...." She tsks. "As always, I'll owe you a favor for that fact, Anatole. Please do not take too long to collect. It would be a shame if my age finally caught up to me and left a debt behind."

******************

Later still, when sitting down with the rest of the group to discuss plans, she waits for a suitable lull, then speaks. "I have three tidbits to add to the pool of knowledge. First off, Holly Grove apparently was the site of an old toy factory specializing in stuffed plush animals, specifically bears. Second, a fellow named Widowmaker has apparently taken up residence there--do any of you know the name? Third, several of you have bounties on your heads--it occurs to me that we may need to address that issue at some point, if we wish to retain full mobility in the field. Rescuing Claude likely must come first, but after that, we might request some leave time to go and wrap up some loose ends before they become a more serious issue."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »


Heroes Journeys 1d20: [14] = 14

There are times when no amount of skill, talent, or training is enough. Fortunately for your character, Lady Luck is in her corner. Take the Luck Edge, or Great Luck instead if she already has Luck.
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Ophelia Monk wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Later still, when sitting down with the rest of the group to discuss plans, she waits for a suitable lull, then speaks. "I have three tidbits to add to the pool of knowledge. First off, Holly Grove apparently was the site of an old toy factory specializing in stuffed plush animals, specifically bears. Second, a fellow named Widowmaker has apparently taken up residence there--do any of you know the name? Third, several of you have bounties on your heads--it occurs to me that we may need to address that issue at some point, if we wish to retain full mobility in the field. Rescuing Claude likely must come first, but after that, we might request some leave time to go and wrap up some loose ends before they become a more serious issue."
"Widdy will be there too? Great, three birds with one round. Also we won't have to walk home." She seems genuinely happy at the thought. "He's a butt hurt, juice boi we whupped in the Murderthon before you joined us. Also his little squad was after the bounty on me." Hefting her new pack on her shoulders, she looks at the team. "Remember the slavers I talked about in the bunker? Well it turns out one lived. A really important, wealthy one named Daxon Fell. It was his mercs that took Claude. This was why I tried to called a team meeting the other day, to see what we wanted to do about it. Did you think I just wanted to hold hands and sing songs?'

She looks over the teams packs to be sure they're all properly secured, tightening straps and making sure weight is displaced properly. "Anyway, the folks that grabbed him are a couple of perennial pains in the legions ass. Deathdealer Parsons and his squeeze Lady Glittersparkles. They also have a grade A psycho with them called Three. Little felinoid assassin bitch, VERY dangerous being."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Aggelos wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm
"Widdy will be there too? Great, three birds with one round. Also we won't have to walk home." She seems genuinely happy at the thought. "He's a butt hurt, juice boi we whupped in the Murderthon before you joined us. Also his little squad was after the bounty on me." Hefting her new pack on her shoulders, she looks at the team. "Remember the slavers I talked about in the bunker? Well it turns out one lived. A really important, wealthy one named Daxon Fell. It was his mercs that took Claude. This was why I tried to called a team meeting the other day, to see what we wanted to do about it. Did you think I just wanted to hold hands and sing songs?'

She looks over the teams packs to be sure they're all properly secured, tightening straps and making sure weight is displaced properly. "Anyway, the folks that grabbed him are a couple of perennial pains in the legions ass. Deathdealer Parsons and his squeeze Lady Glittersparkles. They also have a grade A psycho with them called Three. Little felinoid assassin bitch, VERY dangerous being."
Widowmaker she knows lets see who else

CK Daxon Fell 1d4!!-5: [5!!]-5 = 0
Wild Daxon Fell 1d6!!-5: [10!!]-5 = 5
or maybe
CK Parsons & Co 1d4!!-5: [10!!]-5 = 5 Wild Parsons & Co 1d6!!-5: [10!!]-5 = 5
.

Those names are familiar, though she is a little uncertain why. Jane ain't much for deep thinking but there is some importance behind these particular ones.

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two enjoys the way things are going. But when his vision reveals someone spying of them he is a little concerned and goes to tell @Aggelos. "Hey Aggy, who do we report spies to. In my vision there was a man spying on us and he looked like this." Drawing an illusion in the air for her he says.
wizard scry.jpg
wizard scry.jpg (10.1 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
"This seems like something people should know about." Without thinking much of the conversation the tiny dragonling heads off looking for more interesting things to gather and learn about.
Taylor Thomas the freckled faced red head budding technowizard nearly collapsed on his bed. He mumbled, "Hey 42... Those kids... So exhausting... So much energy..." He rolled over onto his back looking up at the ceiling. He had long ago painted the summer night sky on it along with a few other enchantments. He whispered to 42, " Those kids... Why did I volunteer to baby sit the Faulrin's kids for the day?" His voice trailed off as he looked at the clock in the room: 7:00PM. He groaned, "Oh... I have a date with Lulu in an... Ahh hour." He yawned deeply as the stars above in his painting twinkled with magic energies. He smacked his lips sleepily as his eyes shut, "Looks like someone is... snnnnnn.... spying.... snnnnnnn"
Poking Tylor to wake him up Forty Two was excited. "Oh wow, that is so cool. I also saw someone spying on us. I bet my spy and your spy are the same spy. We must be really important for old men to spy on us." Excited about the news and the new development Forty Two rushes to tell the rest of the team about it. "I mean think about it, if someone is spying on us then we are really important. No one spies on the boring people, they only ever spy on the cool people. So this means we are the cool people. Have any of you been spied on?"

Once he has the idea in his head Forty Two seems to be fascinated with the mystery because he cannot get answers. The radio is filled with his chatter and speculations for at least 1/3 of the conversation while he spies the fields ahead.
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Lulu shoots for the stars
HJ Training Roll 1d20!!: [3] = 3 Your hero has some solid combat training. She gains +3 Skill Points which may be
spent on Athletics, Fighting, or Shooting in any combination.
In the three days they spend at Castle Refuge, Aggy seems to pay particular attention to Lulu's training. Not only does she suggest sparring in the gym, but she encourages the young medic to join her on the range as well. Lulu, realizing that all her medical skills won't stop people shooting at her, throws herself into the impromptu lessons. Her arms ache and her ears are ringing when she falls into bed on the second night, but tacked up on her wall is a paper target boasting a nice cluster of bullet holes in the center. She doesn't bother to get undressed. She just sets her alarm for another early morning moving target practice before breakfast and closes her eyes.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 am
[Taylor's] jaw nearly dropped when he saw it was Lulu who broke the machine. He stammered, "Uhh… Lulu... Uhh… Hey how is it? Uh going?"
A broad smile spreads across Lulu's face when the young redhead walks in. "Hey Taylor. I saw you earlier, but you were busy. This is my teammate Jane. I was starting to wonder if the universe doesn't want us to know what we're researching today. I can't seem to get answers or keep the terminal working."

Lulu bites her lip and tries to keep from giggling at Taylor while bumbles his way through asking her to dinner again. She blushes a bit as she answers. "I'd like that very much."

At 8:30 Lulu sighs at the clock in the cafeteria and shakes her head. Taylor obviously got distracted by something in his lab or with the Faulrin children. She gathers up a couple a couple sandwiches from the counter along with a couple bottles of beer. She is pretty sure she knows where his room and workshop are, and she sets off in that direction of the castle. She hears 42's cheerful chatter coming from down another hallway as she walks and moves to peek through the door. 42 is chattering with folks that aren't Taylor and Lulu slips away further down the halls. When she finds Taylor's room, the door is ajar, no doubt 42 forgot when he rushed off to "help" someone else. The hall lights are barely illuminate Taylor's cramped quarters, but Lulu can see he's fast asleep, curled on his side and looking so very young. Softly, she slips through the door and pulls a blanket from the rumpled mess at the foot of his bed up over him. Then she leaves a sandwich and beer on the table by his bed. Just as quietly, she latches the door behind herself as she leaves. It's getting late anyway and they've got an early morning. Lulu eats the other sandwich as she walks to her own quarters.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Deep thinking Jane
Terence Windum Maker, On those slave barges two juicers were made. Yourself a hyperion, and WidowMaker a Mega Juicer. The juicing of Terrence turned him into something that craved competition. Your splurgoth overlord even remarked in death Widowmaker's drive for competition would somehow bring him back to life or worse...
42's memory of Daxon Fell

Just after creation, your make received a visit from a young lady, with a face that you would never forget, and a hair purple as a strange sunset. The night was overly dark, and how someone found the hidden enclave was beyond you. Upon meeting her he transformed his shape into a rather paltry human one. Wrapped in a cloak he opened the door. He had commanded you and your brothers leave them alone, but you gleaned a glimpse of him opening the door and ushering the woman in, "Yes miss... My name is Daxon Fell, please come in..."
Keith gets woken up
infamous naps indeed. A few voices woke you up. They were giggling and talking to themselves in a strange although familiar language. Keith could see three blue child faeulrin d-bees next to him interupting his beauty sleep.

Hushed in a high pitched whisper one of them said,“Mwssaaapp, Is it he?”
Another child voice, but more feminine whispered back, “May-be. Mwwwazzup. The blonde Mazzwwapp.”
The third nodded adamantly, “He one in Mazzapaawaup.”

They scampered off leaving Keith to the rest of his infamous nap.
Lulu’s alone time in Talyor’s room
Depositing the beer and sadwhich Lulu notices a drawer half ajar in the near desk. Clear as day a note and amber jeweled locket was peeking out. The note read abet hasty To Lulu circled with a heart. Taylor was snoring softly as the stars painted above twinkled.
Let me know if you grab the locket... Mwahaha.
Ophelia receives Anatole’s favor
A day into the travel Ophelia notices a small envelope in her back pack. It has the familiar TL crest with Anatole’s sigil underneath.

Upon returning from your current mission wipe Pender Lumkiss’ mind of any pertinent detail. Ever since he lost his aide he has become more of liability than normal. Breaking protocol to accompany your team in a scouting patrol was just one of his latest infractions. The time has come for him to exit the legion, but first his mind must be wiped and any knowledge of where he stored something called an infinity orb must be gleaned. His last team the 77th was rumored to have recovered such an item. We have sent them to the Antarctic on a two month long mission. You must do both these things prior to their return, then we are even.

~Captain Anatole
Aggy meets Chuck Jone’s little friend
After buying your ramjets, Jones leans in smiling a bit too much. A few trinkets on his make shift table clink onto the ground. He smiles again and tips his nose in that knowing way. “Shoot Miss... Can you help me pick those up?”

While getting the items off the ground the dark table skirt pulls back slightly reveling perhaps Aggy’s only Friendenemy. Samual T. Cat, maybe faster on the draw than Aggy, and unlike her this feline house cat was not from the future but an alternate time line. The cat whispered, “Meow Angel, I can’t stick around more than a chicken in a fox den. I got some friends, and I reckon so do you, that would love to get their mits on Parsons, Glitter, and Three all still aliave.” The cat draws a breath purs...”200 thousand each.” The green gemstone he wore along his neck glowed a deep green and the Cat vanished before aggy could really reply.
Sometime later Pender Lumpkiss was at a bar in some off world way station talking two others about this venture Field Team Six had embarked upon. The two others at the bar listening intently were a feline orange tabby fiddling with a smaller six shooter in one paw purring slightly. The other was a towering humanoid clad in a shinning silver plate mail which looked to have been forged in the heart of a star.

Pender took a sip of his drink looking around the crowded room. The rooms metal walls and grilled deck plating gave it a sterile feel. He spoke slowly and quietly to the two individuals listening, “Right so... Captain Claude was missing again, and the field team narrowed down his location to The Holly Grove Graveyard in Pine City... A bit too close to Helena for my comfort. They left on foot heading south east... The road... Well... It was...”. He frowned shaking his head trying to clear it, “Uhh... Well they found some food... Uhhh, some thing good happened at some point... Ughh... No maybe it was something bad... Or both?” Pender rubbed his temples for a sec with both hands.

The cat yawned and gave Pender a winking eye, “Meow... I reckon something screwed up your brain Partner.”

Pender waved him off with a hand, “No... No... Its there I was just talking to Ophelia about this an hour ago, she was asking me about what I remembered too.”

The impassive cosmic knight shuffled his feet at the mention of Ophelia but he remained quiet.

Pender struggled to continue, “Lets see they met some one, what was their name... Ughh, ok I know after four days they made it to the crest of the Thunder Valley and camped... Camped for the night, in something near something. Prosek’s balls... Why can’t I remember.”

The doors of the bar burst open wide, splintering into thousand’s of metal shards. An Altaran in golden armor, and a techno wizard with a board look on his face rushed in with weapon’s in hand. Behind the two a cyborg butler pointed toward the trio talking at the bar. “There he is...”
I sort of broke the travel into stages. Each player please take one and tell us the story of that chapter. Feel free to make it up and put in what is interesting for your character and adventure. Each below option has a skill and usually a -2 modifier. I have included what happens on success or failure. Often times I refer to a potential roll in the next scene. This roll will be made as directed in a future GM post.

The Path: Survival roll at -2. Tell the story of the kind of road travelled. Use the relative success or failure of the roll to guide you. Failure, entire team potentially starts the next scene fatigued. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success: road is normal, each raise grants a +1 to another scene roll(Caps at four raises).

What to eat? How did the team do for food, did you soly rely on rations? Did they get ruined? Did you find other food sources, did you do the cooking? Survival -2 (+2 if the group brought enough rations). Failure: The team will potentially need to make a fatigue roll. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success, nothing special. Raise: can reduce any fatigue situations by 1 step. Like if someone crit failured the Path roll, a raise here could take the guaranteed fatigue to a roll, or a roll vs fatigue to no fatigue at all!

Something Good: What kind of fortune befell the Field team six? How did it affect the group? Any skill roll at -2. Success: +1 benny.

Something Bad: something bad happened on this journey. What was it and what happened? Choose any skill roll at -2. Failure the team potentially starts the next scene at 1 wound. Success: no bad result.

Someone: was this person a friend or foe? How helpful were they if at all? Networking roll at -2. Please factor in any persuasion modifiers good or ill. Failure: They were not helpful led you astray or perhaps store enough survival items to make it challenging, group will need to roll vs fatigue next scene. Crit fail: Each player loose a valuable item (GM choice, mwahahaha). Success: Pretty helpful, lowers any fatigue being applied to the next scene by 1 step. Raise: Super helpful. He has your patron items to deliver!!

Campsite: At the crest of Thunder Valley what kind of campsite did you find? Was it a small motel, a 5 star air bnb? Maybe it was a lean too made by a survival expert. Or was it a cold muddy hole from whence no sleep could possible come from. Skill: Notice at -2 (visual notice skill if it matters). Failure: The team will potentially need to make a fatigue roll. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success, nothing special. Raise: can reduce any fatigue situations by 1 step. Like if someone crit failured the Path roll, a raise here could take the guaranteed fatigue to a roll, or a roll vs fatigue to no fatigue at all!

If you made it this far... Danger Sense
roll it without the +2.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Aggelos wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 am


She rose early and hit up the commissary to stock up before swinging by the motor pool. Grabbing herself a backpack and weeks worth of food, then an extra weeks worth to be safe. Looking over the pool she sees nothing that looks like it wouldn't be missed. She briefly entertains a fantasy of using the override codes on the 77ths sweet ride but a fantasy is all it is. There's no way her Uncle Luke would have had the same codes all these years. Probably set off an alarm, or security system.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm
Aggy meets Chuck Jone’s little friend After buying your ramjets, Jones leans in smiling a bit too much. A few trinkets on his make shift table clink onto the ground. He smiles again and tips his nose in that knowing way. “Shoot Miss... Can you help me pick those up?”

While getting the items off the ground the dark table skirt pulls back slightly reveling perhaps Aggy’s only Friendenemy. Samual T. Cat, maybe faster on the draw than Aggy, and unlike her this feline house cat was not from the future but an alternate time line. The cat whispered, “Meow Angel, I can’t stick around more than a chicken in a fox den. I got some friends, and I reckon so do you, that would love to get their mits on Parsons, Glitter, and Three all still aliave.” The cat draws a breath purs...”200 thousand each.” The green gemstone he wore along his neck glowed a deep green and the Cat vanished before aggy could really reply.
As Sammy pops out Aggy curses in frustration, "Are you fucking kidding me!" Standing back up she glares at the slaesman but his responce is of honest surprise and embarrasment.

With a mortified look he stammers "Oh gods! My fly ain't down is it? I didn't mean.."

Cutting the man of with a wave, "No. Nothing like that. I just.. I left my oven on is all." Sweeping her purchases into the new backpack in a jumble she storms out of the store.

Fucking shit! The Future Brigade's found me already. Fuck! And no "Go home" but instead they want me to do something? Shit. She considers the cat's offer on her way to the courtyard to meet the team. Trying to drag even one of those three home, alive, and on foot no less, was a daunting task. And even without the cash incentive would no doubt be proposed by Lulu or Ophelia as some naïve form of humanitarian thing.

Between Fell, Wolff, Widdy, 42s astral spy, and the Assholes Three; things were complicated enough, now the stinking Brigade was doing their meddling?? She mused as she started sorting her old gear into her new pack. To try and help herself focus she sings under her breath...
Aggelos wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 am

On her arrival in the courtyard she arranges her gear in the new bag, softly singing a hymn of Nemesis as she works.

Modifiers: scene -2, Woodsman +2. Net 0
Survival 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny to reroll
Survival 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3


The first day of travel is pretty simple map wise, Aggy uses ancient maps to find old roads and highways and navigates them around coalition outposts and bandit infested areas with much success. Not that the day is without setbacks, but a couple broken bridges prove easy to circumvent without getting too far off track and even with other distractions they make decent time to Thunder Valley.


Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Benny to reroll
Notice 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane is a bit phased by the new terrain, quite certain that she has never been here or around here before. She disregards anyone's attempts to talk about her amnesia but given the number of times she has been restrained (that she can remember) while on Earth, everyone should understand.

While @Aggelos does take point and directs them down the path they should go, Jane goes full on detection mode right beside her. Every sense is alert and details she relays to Aggy every fifteen minutes or so. It actually proves to be a good way for Jane not to become lethargic from inactivitey, the downside from being a Juicer.

Her senses are keen and she is able to detect and perceive many changes or difficulties prior to them coming upon them.

Scene Modifier -2
Alertness +2
Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
is slow and steady. Before they reach the crest, Jane puts her hand on Aggy's shoulder.

"There are structures ahead. Various conditions according to earthling standards."

"One building stands intact in the middle of the Valley. There are several metal-like structures throughout the valley."

Suddenly Jane's "sight" is blinded by a flash of light as lightning strikes the Valley.

Catching her breath and regaining her "sight", "I think those metal structures are towers and that flashing light just struck on of them. The light has gone but where?"


User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two found himself remembering the strange encounter from his early days. So many years ago, but the memory came to him so fast. His master was like that, having so many things going on at once no person could keep track of all of them. Everyone talking about Daxen Fell like he was some slaver or kidnapper made no sense. Forty Two tried to tell them about his memory and that they needed to be cautious about the mysterious man. But somehow he found the idea slipping from him, as if his mouth did not want ot share something so important. Within no time he was back to thinking of other things dismissing their conversation context only saying. "Well, he must be a very important man, we should leave him alone then." Before changing the topic and not returning.

Later on the trek Forty Two was amazed when his scouting found, not only a rarely used trail, but one with other legionaries returning from. As they passed the other heroes the team had a chance to exchange news from the road ahead and switch out some preferred supplies.

There report of the bandits they arrested, disarmed and turned over to Malkin village was encouraging. Let the locals determine their system was a Legion view through and through. But when they mentioned the strange traveler they met on the road who followed them for half a day Forty Two was curious to no end. Who was this guy, why did he follow them, why didn't they just go back and talk to him to find out why he was following them? Forty Two's mind raced with questions he may never be able to get answers to.



Changed to Something Good based on finding out @Freemage was wanting to take care of Someone

Something Good: What kind of fortune befell the Field team six? How did it affect the group? Any skill roll at -2. Success: +1 benny.

Persuasion 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Persuasion Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

free reroll Persuasion 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
free reroll wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm
Lulu’s alone time in Talyor’s room
Depositing the beer and sadwhich Lulu notices a drawer half ajar in the near desk. Clear as day a note and amber jeweled locket was peeking out. The note read abet hasty To Lulu circled with a heart. Taylor was snoring softly as the stars painted above twinkled.
Let me know if you grab the locket... Mwahaha.
Lulu let her finger trail over the jeweled front of the locket as she thought to herself. "We just keep missing each other. Everything is just spinning too fast!" She dashed her free hand across her eyes and dug in her pants pocket. Deep in the left pocket, under a worn spot in the outer fabric, was a small, smooth stone. It was a redish color and there were faint markings on the top that suggest eyes and a smiling mouth. She gave the little rock a kiss and rubbed it between her fingers in a motion that showed a habit. Sliding the note out from under the locket, she turned it over and scrawled a message of her own. A gift for a gift. Keep Rafiki safe for me. He likes pockets. Then she signed it with her own little heart. Lulu set the rock and the note into the drawer and quietly picked up the locket. When she had both hands free, she latched it around her neck and tucked it under her shirt.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 pm
What to eat? How did the team do for food, did you soly rely on rations? Did they get ruined? Did you find other food sources, did you do the cooking? Survival -2 (+2 if the group brought enough rations). Failure: The team will potentially need to make a fatigue roll. Crit fail: everyone is fatigued next scene. Success, nothing special. Raise: can reduce any fatigue situations by 1 step. Like if someone crit failured the Path roll, a raise here could take the guaranteed fatigue to a roll, or a roll vs fatigue to no fatigue at all!
survival check fail
Survival Check: 1d6-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Surviva: 1d6-2!!: [3]-2 = 1
Benny to reroll
Rerolled Survival 1d6-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
Wild, wrong label in the description: Rerolled Survival 1d6-2!!: [5]-2 = 3

Bad die roll. Please ignore. Survival 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Lulu's thoughts honestly weren't focused on the trip. She kept fingering the necklace she wore around her neck and thinking of the people they'd brought back to Castle Refuge just a few short days ago. Whenever they stopped for the day, she'd suddenly remember that she was supposed to be trying to find fresh edibles along the road, but by that time it was too dark. No rabbits zipped past her and no ripe fruit jumped out at her begging to be picked. Lulu beat herself up a little every night as she crunched on dry rations and hoped they would last until more food could be found. 'Tomorrow.' She thought to herself. 'Tomorrow I'll remember to look for the raspberries and wild plums. Maybe we'll have time to catch a fish.'
But each day was much like the first and she grew heartily tired of meager dry rations.
danger sense fail
Danger sense notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Danger sense wild (if it counts) 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
A day into the travel Ophelia notices a small envelope in her back pack. It has the familiar TL crest with Anatole’s sigil underneath.

Upon returning from your current mission wipe Pender Lumkiss’ mind of any pertinent detail. Ever since he lost his aide he has become more of liability than normal. Breaking protocol to accompany your team in a scouting patrol was just one of his latest infractions. The time has come for him to exit the legion, but first his mind must be wiped and any knowledge of where he stored something called an infinity orb must be gleaned. His last team the 77th was rumored to have recovered such an item. We have sent them to the Antarctic on a two month long mission. You must do both these things prior to their return, then we are even.

~Captain Anatole
Ophelia frowns as she reads the note; she dislikes the idea of wiping Lumpkiss' mind so thoroughly, but perhaps it would be best for him--clearly, his knowledge is bearing down on his psyche in an unpleasant manner. She considers a possible compromise, and makes a mental note to see if it will work when they return.

Someone: was this person a friend or foe? How helpful were they if at all? Networking roll at -2. Please factor in any persuasion modifiers good or ill. Failure: They were not helpful led you astray or perhaps store enough survival items to make it challenging, group will need to roll vs fatigue next scene. Crit fail: Each player loose a valuable item (GM choice, mwahahaha). Success: Pretty helpful, lowers any fatigue being applied to the next scene by 1 step. Raise: Super helpful. He has your patron items to deliver!!
Networking using Intimidation--+2 from Ghosting, +2 from Busting Heads, -2 Scene Penalty
Intimidation 1d6!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild Intimidation 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Benny Intimidation 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Benny Wild Intimidation 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Benny 2 Intimidation 1d6!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Benny 2 Wild Intimidation 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Benny 3 Intimidation 1d6!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Benny 3 Wild Intimidation 1d6!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Damn, couldn't get the exploding d6. Ah, well--per the rules for Networking, Gustav might be looking to get a little of his dignity back sometime in the future, Jon. He's a weasel, though, so more likely to sell them out or screw them over in a deal, than come at them guns blazing.
As they start to make camp on the road one night, Ophelia sees a familiar vehicle a couple miles off, illuminated by the setting sun. "Excuse me, friends. I think I see someone who might be able to offer us some assistance--but he's a private sort, and would not respond well to strangers on the road. Give me a few minutes, and I will return with whatever he is able to provide us."

Once she's sure none of them will try to follow her, she slips off through the woods, passing as silently as a ghost--which, of course, she now is. When she arrives at the Big Boss--one she knows is far better armored than it appears--she slips down to 'swim' through the ground, coming up underneath the vehicle and into the back seat. Before the occupant of the driver's seat could even turn around, there was a vibro-blade at his throat, humming (she'd made sure to pass it all the way through his neck before re-solidifying, as a means of emphasis).

"Hello, Gustav. Remember me?"

The hirsute man huffed and squeaked a bit. "Ophelia! I thought, I mean--"

"I know, you thought there was no way I could get out of that bunker in time to escape the gas. Fortunately for me, I had the presence of mind to shift back--and my armor has environmental protections. The internal air supply was more than enough to wait out the gas, and surprise the goons who came in later looking for an easy score."

"So... so this is payback, then?" Gustav tried as hard as he could to squirm away from the humming blade at his throat, but there really was no place to back up to.

"It could be, but it doesn't have to be." Opelia's other hand reached out and patted the box on the front passenger seat. "See, I could slit your throat and take all your stuff, but the group I'm with has... rules about that sort of thing. But my associates and I are in a bit of a jam, and I recall you always had spare MREs on hand. Shove this box outside, continue on your way down that fork to the south, and we'll call our marker even--no worries about me looking for payback. Not a bad way to clear a debt, really."

Gustav had been in worse scrapes, but he also could play the odds. He and Ophelia wouldn't be friends after this, but... yeah, the offer/demand was pretty reasonable. "Fine." With one hand, he hit a button and popped open the passenger door; with the other, he shoved the box out. Once it clanged to the ground, he re-closed the door. "South, you said. How'd you know I was--"

"We're all creatures of habit, Gustav. You always parked your vehicle facing the wrong way, in order to throw off any observers."

"Heh. You got a good memory, Ophie." But she was already gone, and when he looked around, even with the scanners, he couldn't see her. A few moments later, the Big Boss spun around on the road and took off down South.

A little while later, Ophelia returned with a crate full of MREs. "Not gourmet standards, but they actually aren't bad. Gustav was always a bit finicky about his food." The crate, surprisingly light, still contained another week's worth of food for the whole group.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

Psionics 5
Psionics 1d10-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Die 1d6-2: [5]-2 = 3

Benny
Psionics 1d10-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4
Ace 1d6: [1] = 1
After the brats wake him up, Keith can't get back to sleep. He lights up a cigarette, but after some wuss complains about the smoke, he heads outside. Sure enough, there they are again, the brats that woke him up and...something else. He thinks it's a shadow at first, but then realizes it's an 8 foot tall robot, clad in black armor. It speaks in a prissy voice "Sir? Sir? Mr. Dorian?" The voice turns into a slur, as something odd happens with the bot. Keith can feel the power surge from where he is, and suddenly the bot takes aim at the faeruin kids. Keith for some reason isn't even being noticed by the bot, so he floats over to him, and lays his spindly gray fingers upon him, sucking the power out of it completely. There is a silence and then, it beeps. Rebooting. The kids are far enough away that Keith feels comfortable hastily floating back to the silo.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »


+1 Benny for hearing rumors about a man named Jane (42’s success)
The small bonus gained by ophelia offset the hunger pains gained by Lulu.
+1 benny to Ophelia for the Gustav character.
Some time in the future
A squirmy looking human man was corned in a dead end alley way. The alley was made of dark brick and all its electric lamp posts were burnt out giving way to shadow. A small orange tabby cat accompandied by a tall looking cosmic knight found him cowering near some robotic garbage can collectors.

The small cat roared while his tall knightly friend stood siliently watching this hirsute man’s reactions and words, ” Meow...

The man they had cornered was startled by the cat’s screech and backed into a near garbage can which beeped at being jostled. His hands were up and his bearded face twitched. He was out of breath from a long chase, ”Ok... Ok... Yeah you got me. I am Gustav.”

The cat pulled a fancy six shooter from no where and purred, ”Meow...” Then with a paw held the gun with some amount of telekinetic finesse placing it against the frightened man’s temple. Beside the small orange tabby the impassive knight rumbled shaking the refuse littering in the alley. It was as if this cosmic being’s gravimetric aura was so magnificent the ground he stood upon bent to his ways.

Gustav cried his eyes bulging out, “Ok... Ok! I’ll tell you everything!” He drew a breath and began.

“I had been following them for a while, from the outset the roads were mostly old highways covered with brush that went around any CS trouble. You see they were headed seemingly to Thunder Valley. I kept my distance and did pretty well obscuring myself. You understand right? Three of those folks had bounties on their heads that would set you up for life. So... Yeah I was tracking them. I would have jumped early on but they ran into some more blue skin Faelurin being chased by a maniac robot. Good thing they had one of those Zaps huh? I guess I got greedy at some point and Ophelia stopped by to chat. She took all my food, and well yeah... I did not tell them to avoid Thunder Valley... Yeah ok, ok... Sue me! I did not tell them it was birthing season for Plumed Snakes! I mean jeez... How... Ok, so I got better at following them.” He drew a breath looking at the cat and knight unsure if one of them was going to kill him before he finished.

His voice continued squeaking, ”I thought for sure they would run into the bandits roaming in these parts but rumor was a man had cleared them out from the little town of Malkin all the way to the Castle. I... I don’t know who he was. Some say he was as tall as a rhino buffalo, and as strong as a dragon. Others sing his song and in the southwest praise his name and gave him a day. All... All I know is his name is Jane...” His eyes glazed over thinking for a moment about such a hero.

The cosmic knights stare deepend. Under the unslaught of such a gaze Gustav squirmed, “Ok... Not their Jane but another Jane, uggghh Not Altaran Jane! Made with an Infinity Sphere! Oh gods he was made by that Gene Splicer... I... I... Haven’t told you the worse... Please... They finally came to the valley of thunder and camped out down the ravine under those lightning rod towers. Not a horrible idea, the natural ionizing effects of the valley were warded off and most of the rocks usually kept that area clear, except... It was birthing night, and a storm swept in... I kept my distance and dimmed my head lights. If I could get in after they were all dead I could still collect...” His voice faded away and he mouthed Please no more...

The cat meowed, “Common Gustav, Ndreare I reckon will need to hear the end of your story.” Above the cowering man the knight stood looking down waiting patiently as if he had forever to hear the end.

Gustav wept wiping his eyes. His voice squeaked out sobbing, “So there they were. In the valley, and the floating mountains passing over head. Darkness crept over the valley and a storm moved in flooding the area. Winds up to 60 miles per hour... Then with a crack and flash of lightning the floating boulders and rocks broke open... Not one or two... All of them, thousands of them all at once... Out of each one emrged a ravenous, hungry baby plumed serpent the size of a truck... In the flashes of lightening you could see their pink and purple hues. Winged terrors with the body of a snake and head of a dragon. Thousands of them descended on the only thing alive... The field team...”

The cat smacked the blubbering Gustav in the lip with the but of his pistol, “Meow, and what were their fates Gustav? What happened to them?”

Gustov whimpered as blood drooled down his lip, ”I... I don’t know, it was so rainy, windy, and damn dark. Between the lightning flashes all I could see was a massive throng of these baby plumed serpants... Everywhere... There was no way they could make it... No way...”

The cosmic knight shuffled, its armor blazing with the fury of 1000 suns. Gustav raised in vane a hand against the blinding light, “I swear... I am sorry, I should have told Ophelia... Look, they were walking into a trap anyway. Even if they managed to escape death, Window, Parsons, and Daxon had all joined up. They had an army of little fracking care bear zombies... There was no way they would have rescued Claude... No... no....” The frightened man vanished into nothingness. His blubbering squeaky voice disappeared. He simply was no more.

The cat named Sammy, looked up at his partner raising an eye, “Meow, guess he did’t know where the infinity orb was I reckon... Makes you wonder if the team survived huh?”

No way out!
Ok so camped out in the valley of thunder with floating mountains and boulders flying over head the group is awakened in the middle of another horrible storm to 1000 plumed serpants with one thing on their mind food! Good thing is, there are some tastey legionaires. Should the Field Team six falter here they may find themselves confronted by a plethora of plumed serpent snakes and possibly their sires. This will be determined by an encounter card draw using the journey rules from the field guide. Below are scenes that characters will need to roll on and describe how their character is interacting with the over all circumstance.
Directions, Please read. While lengthy I think this will be super fun to see what kind of combat the group encounters in the wild
Please take one turn to interact with the scene. Feel free to multi action. Rolling for One of the below scenes as a lead roll is an action. The scene action is rolled at a -6 penalty. Please note the following:
  • Characters can lead only one scene, but with other actions can support others. MAP penalties apply.
  • Previous Scene’s danger sense rolls: success got you a +2 to the scene roll. Forgot to make one? Read the directions next time because it is too late now.
  • Access to gear requires an agility roll (reaction, no negatives). Fail on this means gear is a standard action to acquire. Some skills like fighting and shooting, hacking, electronics require gear to reasonably use. Basically if you are wanting to use a skill that needs a tool to function properly you’ll need to grab it as the serpents decend upon you. If you want to make sure you have all your gear next scene consider supporting the Sherpa lead roll or take it on yourself.
  • Optional: I ain’t afraid... Some heroes are just not afraid of what goes bump in the dark. 1000 plumed serpents trying to eat you is just another Thursday. These types have the option to make a fear check at -4. Succeed and you make the scene roll at a -2 penalty instead of -6. Fail... Well roll on that fear table at 1d20+4. Good luck. Any result that shakes you leaves you unable to act unless you drop a benny to unshake immediately. This is a risk, and is entirely optional.
  • There are only 5 tasks, so that leaves someone to support and bolster their allies. This person has the chance to make the difference between defeat, death, and success! Make your turn count!
Order of operation if applicable:
  • Optional fear check
  • Agility roll for gear
  • Actions(take MAP into consideration) last action should be the scene action.
Scenes, please choose to roll on (take an action)

-Navigator, get us the hell out of here. One person will have to find a way through the falling rocks, lightning strikes, storm, and oh yeah 1000 plumed snakes! Survival Skill is rolled.
  • Success: The party is headed in the right direction, no extra effect.
  • Raise: The following Lookout, Sherpa, and Scout rolls are all made at a +1 bonus.
  • Failure: The party wastes time traveling in circles or doubling back, making no meaningful headway.
  • Critical Failure: The group heads in the wrong direction and becomes lost. The Navigator must make a successful Survival roll at a −2 penalty to reorient the party at a subsequent date (checked once per day of Travel as usual, only if they realize they are lost—GM's discretion).
-LOOKOUT for those fracking rocks and snakes: The Lookout makes a Notice roll.
  • Success: You keep a good eye out. Draw for Encounters as normal.
  • Raise: The party cannot be ambushed by a random encounter (see Surprise in Savage Worlds).
  • Failure: Failure means each member of the party must check Agility at -2 or suffer d4 Wounds!
  • Critical Failure: As a failure, but the Agility checks are made at a –2 penalty and always result in Wounds.
Sherpa, with the mad dash on to get up and out. There is little chance to grab everything. You however can buck those odds and make sure everyone gets everything they need. Make an athletics check to be nible, spry, and hulk out the much needed gear, armor, weapons and food.
  • Success: You did it! No one is missing anything.
  • Raise, you found something special in the storm on your way out ( work with gm, could be a sig item)
  • Failure: Out of food, out of weapons, or missing armor... Your choice. With the exception of any gear grabbed with the above agility roll only a few things were picked up.
  • Crit Failure: Its all gone. With the exception of one or two things grabbed by the characters individually in the mad dash, everyones pack, weapons, armor, and food was left behind in melee. Its going to be one long hard trek. The only saving grace is that widowmaker and his goons have the exact same gear you all have.
SCOUT needed to sneak: The only way out if if you are very very quiet. How quiet is up to you. Make a stealth check.
  • Success: The party is forewarned of what lies ahead. Draw for Encounters as normal.
  • Raise: the party may draw two encounter cards from the Action Deck and choose the result (see Encounters under Travel in Savage Worlds).
  • Failure: The GM draws two encounter cards from the Action Deck and chooses the result (see Encounters under Travel in Savage Worlds).
  • Critical Failure: The GM rolls on the Trouble table, complicated by a roll of If Things Weren't Bad Enough and The Plot Thickens per the Rifts® Game Master's Handbook.
Garulla Warefare! The odds of coming face to face with these mortal terrors are high, the odds of living against such numbers are low. Make a fighting, shooting, or Arcane skill roll (if you got offensive powers) to even the odds in your favor.
  • Success: GM rolls 2d6 plume serpents +1 WC Plume Serpent.
  • Raise: No WC, and only 1d6 Snakes.
  • Failure: the group faces 3d6 snakes and 1d6 WC.
  • Crit failure: The group faces, 4d6 snakes, and 2d6 WC snakes, plus they are surprised if applicable.
Attachments
985B559D-EFEC-41A1-9D0A-76FBEF04F645.jpeg
B4338D36-1061-4575-8D3B-AE2FBD6F4F6C.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Spirit 1d8!!-4: [6]-4 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d8!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-4: [8!!]-4 = 4

Agility 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Modifiers: Scene -2, Woodsman +2, Made my danger sense +2. Net +2
Survival 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3


As they make camp and settle in Aggy decides to put off her planned lecture on preparedness over the lack of rations for the morning. Or maybe after they got past this valley. Her gut was giving her the distinct impression they should have avoided the place even it if meant an extra day or two on the road. This niggling unease keeps her from resting well but at least when the shit hits the fan she's able to react somewhat quickly.

She snaps alert when the first nearby hatchling cracks it's way, screaming, from it's egg. Looking through a window she sees another do so then remembers with dread the odd "boulders" they'd noticed near several of the walls of the structure the team was currently in.

"Well...fuck all kinds of duck." She curses and spins around to the room, heading towards her gear. "We Gotta Go People! Grab Your ShiT!!" As she reaches for her stuff when the wall it leans on sunders with a thunderous crack, chunks of wall and MDC eggshell knocking her back. She rolls with the momentum, coming to her feet and shoving any slow movers away from the immense serpentine head now gazing into the shelter from where the wall once was.

"GO GO GO, That way!" She hopes the direction she points is back out of the valley, it definitely seems so to her at the time.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Foul weather has Jane alert in an instance. Being a quick learner, she learned to not focus on the weather and be about her business. Jane's focus is so intense that she blocks out the other dangers of the situation at hand.

Not always an empath, this time she does feel the other team members tense and fearful. Somehow their fear causes the deadly cocktail to start pumping through her veins. "
Athletics 1d8!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1 Burn 1d6!!: [4] = 4
"

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

OOC Comments
F0020H00201d10002d400210021 okay...whatever that is. I think I put my !! In the wrong place.


Fear check 1d10!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Fear wild 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Fear table 1d20!!+4: [14]+4 = 18 Minor Phobia. Yeah that's an obvious result.

Equipment grab Gear Grab Agility 1d8!!: [2] = 2

Selective slumber spell with large blast template. cost 6PP.
Selective Slumbers spell spirit 1d10!!-7: [8]-7 = 1
Selective Slumber Wild 1d6!!-7: [10!!]-7 = 3 - Wrong modifier. I added to the difficulty and not the Power Point Cost. that makes this roll a SUCCESS!!!!
Head tilted back, Lulu looked up through the floating rocks at the storm rolling in. It was like the swamp all over again and she sighed. Then, though she could still hear the thunders and she could glimpse flashes on the horizon near the end of the canyon, the sky overhead was suddenly black and writhing. At first the black was all she could see, and then a blink and she could make out the flap of colorful wings and the glint of lightening off wet scales. It was like the whole sky was full of of flying snakes diving straight for her.

Lulu shrieked! Fear turned her blood to ice and muscles to stone. She tried to rip her eyes away from the approaching swarm and when she managed to close them she found her legs would move. She stumbled toward her pack, daring to open her eyes, desperate for a path of escape. Lulu was within 10 feet of her pack when of the snakes dived down between her and the pack. She screamed again, her body jerking her away in the opposite direction.

She saw her teammates flailing, Aggie yelling and pointing for them to escape and Jane trying grab for supplies. Then she sees Ophelia grab her chest and drop. "NOO!!!!" The scream tears at her throat and Lulu stumbles to her knees, her fingers digging deep into the sandy earth as she breaks her fall.

Sand. Lulu's head pops up. She dug deep grabbing two giant handfuls of sand. She struggles to her feet with them and raises her arms up over her head toward the sky. Then starts to sing. It's hurried and and her voice is hoarse, but the wind helps to blow the magic filled sand across the campsite, flinging it at the serpents. Lupii din pădurile cu frunze dorm. Rockabye copil, ziua este gata.Caii dorm, păsările visează. Așa că dormi, fiu îngeraș!" Snakes start falling from the sky. Sleepy sleepy snakes.

As the last notes pass her lips, Lulu takes off at a run to Ophelia's side.
Last edited by LuLu on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

OOC Comments

Fear Check
Spirit F0020H00201d10002d400210021
Wild Die

Agility 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Psionics 1d10!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Benny
Psionics 1d10!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [10!!]-2 = 8
Keith turns his attention to the feathered Serpents and scowls. He takes a drag from his cigarette before letting it hit the ground. He extends his hand and spreads his long spindly fingers. His goggles slide down over his eyes of their own accord "I'd close my eyes if I were you..." he advises the others. A few moments later he lights up, sparks flying everywhere. He gently prods the Serpents to leave but it quickly becomes a stampede as a mass exodus of the Serpents try to flee at once.
Dice rolls
1d10!!-4: [11!!]-4 = 7

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
Fear Check, 'cause all the kids are doing it, and because without it I'd still be at a -2 on the Stealth roll....
Fear Check 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Wild Spirit 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Feel the Fear 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23

Kickstart My Heart 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild Vigor 1d6!!=4: [5!!] = 5
Second roll is NOT a 5, it's a 1, because I mistyped and it won't let me edit the formula after the fact.

So, yeah, Incapacitated by Heart Attack.

Someone ( @LuLu ) needs to make a Healing check at -4 to prevent Ophelia from dying here. Good luck?
As things start going to hell, Ophelia attempts to find them a safe route out of the valley. Unfortunately, one of the hatchlings bursts forth from the mud just in front of her, catching her completely off-guard, and causing her to clutch her chest, her vision blurring. Silly... old woman.... Thinking you could play with the children....

Wordlessly, she slumps to the ground and closes her eyes....
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Fear Check
Fear Spirit 1d8!!-4 +2 from brave: [5]-4 = 1
Fear Wild 1d6!!-4 +2 from brave: [5]-4 = 1
Benny Fear
Fear 1d8!!-4+2 from brave: [4]-4+2 = 2
Fear Wild 1d6!!-4+2 from brave: [3]-4+2 = 1
Rebenny Fear
Fear 1d8!!-4+2 from brave: [5]-4+2 = 3
Fear 1d8!!-4+2 from brave: [5]-4+2 = 3
Rerebenny
Fear Spirit 1d8!!-4+2 from brave: [7]-4+2 = 5
Fear Wild 1d6!!-4+2 from brave: [9!!]-4+2 = 7
Grab Gears and Stuff
Grab Something Agility 1d12!!: [10] = 10
Grab Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Lookout
Lookout Notice 1d6+4-2: [1]+4-2 = 3
Lookout Notice Wild 1d6+4-2: [5]+4-2 = 7
Benny Reroll
Lookout Notice 1d6+4-2: [6]+4-2 = 8
Lookout Notice Wild 1d6+4-2: [2]+4-2 = 4


As the team begins moving Forty Two is nominated to keep watch for trouble and look for ambushes. This was so exciting to see so many dragonkin all at once, but Forty Two knew how dangerous they could be. Keeping himself concealed as much as possible he grabs his gear and sets to work.
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Gloom settled in for the long haul, and despair threatened to suffocate the group of unlucky adventerous who had set to cross Thunder Valley. They were crossing at the exact moment the floating mountains that gave the wooded valley its name exploded pregnent with baby plume snakes. These snakes while smaller than their adult forms were still the size of a truck and numbered in the thousands!

Lost, with no food, incomplete sets of armor, and many in their company lacking basic gear members of Field Team Six found themselves fleeing for their lives as a wiggling vicious darkness descended upon them during a lightning infused storm that seemed to plague their ever steps. The wooden valley was like a thicket of picketed guards men trying to coral the heroes on the ground as the snakes snapped from the sky. The way was shut, there was no escape.

There was a terrible shaking of the ground, as mountains above exploded. Lightning flashed rapidly above illuminating the flying plume snakes in a series of deadly snap shots each one depicting them growing closer and closer. Then in a final flash they were gone... Well more like fled elsewhere for a time. In their place next to the desperate, lost, and tired field team was a man. Seemingly taller than the mountains that were crashing down, and with more gravitas than a black hole. His voice boomed as he waved his mighty fist in friendship, " My name is Jayne." A chorus of angels from the celestial dimension whispered over the pouring rain.
He robbed from the rich
And he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man
And gave him what for
Our love for him now
Ain't hard to explain
The hero of Malikin
The man they call Jayne


With a chuckle, that rumbled the floor of the valley he continued, " Seems like you got a bit lost there Atlantean. I almost got lost myself trying to find that Catle refuge." Seeing that the group had little food he snapped his fingers and a bowl of hot porridge appeared before each, and even 42's was infused with leyline energy! " Don't worry friends, even those who lost everything deserve a hot meal. The blue skinned wonders I was escorting from Malikin found a similar meal when we arrived at the dwarven built refuge. They spoke of demons and black machines of death, but with a mouth full of food they clammed up alright with smiles on their faces." His glance settled on Jane and what a glance it was so much so that her radar picked it up! He turned his mighty eyes upward at the rain still beating down, and it stopped. A soft warm glow came from the east over this man's shoulder. The sun was starting to rise.

“I’ll tell you something though that was impressive how your little friend here helped you sneak pasted some of the snakes, and your Zapper and medic shot them from the sky...” His head nodded to 42, Keith, and Lulu in turn. “You can go thadda way or this way. Back or forward really, but I am going south to see my old friend about a well of souls, and I must warn-“ His booming voice trailed off as he saw Ophelia lying on the ground convulsing from a heart attack. “Oh Ophelia, now don’t you go breaking my heart. I hope your medic is good with the needle, no magic will be bringing her back from the brink of fear.”

The elderly mind melter was indeed in rough shape. It seemed seeing 1000 plumed snakes descending had done her heart in. It was a wonder how her frail body had made it this far. If immidiate medical attention was not administered she would die. When the group looked back up to Jayne he was gone as if he never was say for a lofty whisper, They call me Jayne.

With the sun rising, rain drying up, and the groups attention on Ophelia while perhaps being drawn backward to their encounter with the blue skinned Faelriun, it was time for saving and decision making. Before the snakes return it is time to save Ophelia and recant something interesting you saw or heard about the blue skins you rescued once you brought them to the castle. Feel free to make it up here, like maybe you noticed they loved alchol, or challenged Lord Coake to a chess game. Maybe you thought you saw one sending a secret transmission. Ophelia, assuming you survive, and folks can feel free to support up to a +4 bonus, you are psychically aware to also share a story if you like. +1 benny for any one who does so.


Support rolls are made at a -2(Max support is +2 per character, with a total of +4), while the lead heal skill Is made at -4( -6 if you lack tools). One success is needed

Conviction Point, Keith: Please indicate if the group shall keep going onward into the valley in an attempt to find your way to the other side, or do you retreat back to castle refuge. Either way, make it a good speech worthy of conviction and you will gain a conviction point and set the course for the next GM post.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 pm
“I’ll tell you something though that was impressive how your little friend here helped you sneak pasted some of the snakes, and your Zapper and medic shot them from the sky...” His head nodded to 42, Keith, and Lulu in turn.
On hearing the compliment Forty Two is satisfied. "Thanks, I love to help my friends. They are the best and helping them makes me feel great."
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 pm
When the group looked back up to Jayne he was gone as if he never was say for a lofty whisper, They call me Jayne.
When Jane disapears Forty Two looks around and even goes to far as to check the ground to see if perhaps a teleport or burrow spell was used. One its curiocity is resolved Forty Two gets to work trying its best to help LuLu fix up Ophelia. With his own psionic healing talents, and willingness to do whatever is needed Forty Two always felt he was a great helper for healing. So he sat down and started working for @Lulu in whatever way is needed. But never one to stick on only one track, forty two also encourages @Aggelos. She got grumpy sometimes and really needed help staying positive.

Unfortunatly Forty Two in his efforts to be helpful was just getting in the way, instead of helping @LuLu he would get in the way so she could not see it, instead of encouraging @Aggelos he was just annoying her. In the end someone snapped at him, he did not remember who and he exited to keep a lookout and sulk.

Crit fail so -2 to Lulu and Aggelos, sorry guys I was trying to get a +1 for both of you
Support Persuasion 1d6!!+2, Persuasion 1d6!!+2, Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2+[3]+2+[4]+2 = 17
First Free Reroll Support Persuasion 1d6!!, Persuasion 1d6!!, or Wild 1d6!! also +2: [5]+[1]+[5] = 11
Last Free Reroll Support Persuasion 1d6!!, Persuasion 1d6!!, or Wild 1d6!! also +2: [10!!]+[1]+[1] = 12
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

During this time, Ophelia's spirit releases a memory to the rest of the group; apparently, during their brief downtime, she had spent many hours with the Faelriun playing various games of strategy.

Curiously, the pacifist streak of the blue-skinned d-bees had a curious effect; they could play abstract games quite well. Go, Checkers (both European and so-called Chinese Checkers), Othello, D'norrian Rampart, even the Quick-flex pass-time of Multidash--all were quite within their capacity to not merely learn, but excel at.

However, as the pieces became more representative--starting with Chess (though they could still do quite well, given the non-representational nature of the pieces' movement), their proficiency would begin to drop off. Thud, the classic game of Dwarves vs. Trolls, was about where they began to seriously decline.

By the time they tried actual wargames of any sort, or miniatures battles, they would lose themselves in the minutae of the units' 'reality'--empathizing with a tank division's family back home, or worrying about an elven archer's slow slide into jaded shell-shock as he loosed volley after volley at a line of orcs. They would thus only play defensively, and usually try to flee the encounter entirely--even if the scenario did not permit such.

It was amusing, but also made it clear that their potential magical might had some serious cultural mores to overcome before they could be effective as battle units. Perhaps as medics....
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Modifiers:-2 scene, -2 crit fail by Forty-Two, +2 woodsman. Net -2
Survival 1d6!!-2: [16!!]-2 = 14
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3


Aggy really doesn't know how to respond to the demigod-like being that approaches, offers them food, then disappears but his revelation of Ophelias condition sets the Atlantean in motion. Despite the strange vision from the mind melter and Forty-Twos incessant chatter she finds some moss that has an analgesic effect in tiny patches on the underside of a floating rock. Unfortunately the rock also is home to some ants who's effect when eaten would prove counterproductive, so she has to pick small bits of moss off a dark rock while not getting any of the ants in it. She gets enough of the moss however the elderly psi-ghost is in no shape to chew it and release it's properties on her own. So Aggelos puts a wad of it in her own mouth, slurps some rainwater out of a small depression in a rock and begins jawing it into a paste.

Forty-Two says something about it not being snack time and Aggy rudely waves him off before scooping the mush from her own mouth and interrupting Lulus chest compressions to administer some to the patient. "This stuff should act like willow bark." She explains to the medic.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane ain't much for healing in fact some obscure tune pops into her head.

She looks down at @Ophelia Monk, she may have already shriveled up and died once or more.

But Jane does some comparisons
Academics 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5 Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Heal check, without tools, without magic. Setting modifier -6, 42's "help" -2, Aggy & Jane's help +3, Healer Edge +2. Total -3.
Result=1 Success!
A mess of dice

Healing check 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1 -1more for misstype = 0
wild heal 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
Body Fixer MARS Framework gives free reroll on heal checks.

reroll heal 1d8!!-3: [4]-3 = 1
reroll wild heal 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
This is a bad die roll from this set: reroll wild heal 1d6!!-3: [9!!]-3 = 6

Thowing a benny down to do this again
benny reroll heal 1d8!!-3: [7]-3 = 4
benny reroll wild heal 1d6!!-3: [3]-3 = 0
Another bad die roll: benny reroll wild heal 1d6!!-3: [3]-3 = 0

1 benny spent. Total bennies after this test 3/3.

Relief spell :
relief spell 1d10!!: [2] = 2
wild relief 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Lulu slides to her knees at Ophelia's side, the gravel of the canyon floor cutting deep into her unprotected skin. Without any of her kits and tools, the young medic scrambles to pull open the neck of the older woman's robe and presses her ear down tight against her chest. She squeezes her eyes shut and listens with every fiber of her being. One of Lulu's hands grasps Ophelia's wrist searching for a pulse.
Forty-Two zips in with his non-stop chatter and Lulu can't hear herself think over his supportive pep talk. Now is NOT the time and she finally swats him away. She'll apologize later. Oh gods, later? There's no time right now.

"I think it's stress cardiomyopathy. She doesn't have a known history of heart disease. Her body threw out a massive dose of adrenaline in response to the attack. I need... I need.. oh cheese and crackers. Atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia. I should shock her heart to jolt it back to a normal rhythm, but who's got a defibrillator? Okay. Think Lucinda!" She speaks mostly to herself.

Casting her gaze around she grabs the nearest team mate, not caring who it actually was, and pushes them toward Ophelia's feet. "Lift her legs, high, keep her feet and knees up above her chest. We're keeping the oxygenated blood going to her head and organs." Lulu positions herself high on her knees, locking her elbows straight and lacing her fingers together over the spot where her ear was only a few seconds before. She starts a fast series of chest compressions, chanting something archaic with each exhalation of breath. (Bee Gees Staying Alive)

When Aggy drops down on the opposite side of Ophelia and interrupts her, Lulu is sweating. She is so lost in the rhythm of her task that she startles at Aggy's touch. She folds herself in half, taking long deep breaths as Aggy encourages the older woman to swallow the green mash. "Salicin." Lulu pants. "Good call. Let me check her vitals again."

Pressing her ear to Olphelia's chest again, she snakes a hand up, almost lovingly, to caress the woman's neck, looking for the pulse point under her jaw. Again she closes her eyes, holds her own breath, and listens.

Da-Thump. Da-Thump. Da-Thump. Da-Thump.

Lulu squeezes her eyes tighter shut against the tears trying to escape. Each new beat feels stronger than that last. The rise of Ophelia's chest feels higher with each breath and Lulu finally collapses in an exhausted, relieved heap at Ophelia's side. She coughs out words though, aware that Aggy and the others are standing around watching her crying in the dust.

"She's alive. Her heart has a normal rhythm. She's breathing on her own. She's alive."

"Oh. I can do one more thing." Lulu struggles back up to her knees and pulls power into her hand. "Relevium" A glow seeps into Ophelia's chest. "There. That should help her sleep easier and wake sooner."
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Lulu's diagnosis proves true; within only a few minutes of her statement, Ophelia's eyes flutter open, and she carefully, slowly, sits up. She smiles wanly at her compatriots. "How embarrassing. I think I will be alright, now, once I get my wind back. Thank you, Lulu my dear. I shall have to commemorate the first breath I have each day from now on to you, I think." She draws a deep breath, and takes stock of the situation. "I seem to be lacking much of my gear; did any of you fare any better? What is our situation?"

It's clear to Lulu that Ophelia is attempting to cover up the fact that, at the moment, she's still fairly run down. While she should be back to her normal (admittedly frail) self in a few hours, right now she is little able to do anything physical at all.

OOC Comments
Currently Exhausted (-2). This of course stacks with the Elderly penalty, putting her at a -4 on any Agility, Strength or Stamina checks. And even her Psionics would be at -2 unless she burns extra ISP via Major Psi to counter it.

As a note, additional Relief castings WOULD stack (so two more get her back to normal), but that's a decision for Lulu's player to make--not sure where you're at on PPE, and I don't want the healer completely drained at this point.....
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

Keith watches it all play out with mild curiosity. When it becomes clear that Ophelia is going to heal, he sparks up a cigarette, allowing himself to relax ever so slightly.

"Ms.... Ophelia? Are you ok now? As soon as you're good to go, I say we forge ahead. I mean we could go back to the Castle...but why bother? They don't care about us there, they don't show us the respect we deserve. Look at us. We're the so called rejects from Refuge and look what we have accomplished in such little time all by ourselves! I say we don't go back until we can truly show those #*%*#'s up and let them know that Field Team Six is better than everyone!"

His normally gray skin tone has turned light blue during what for him is a lot of speaking. Is it a blush, or just being out of breath? It's soon gone and the prickly Psi-X sits there, smoking, waiting for a response.

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Lulu looks around at the team, the steep rocky valley they're sheltered in, the cups of cooled gruel that magically appeared by have been mostly forgotten. They're all tired, bedraggled, and practically empty handed. They don't have their gear or rations or even half their clothes. Carry on?!
"As her primary medical staff, I cannot recommend moving Ophelia for at least 18 to 24 hours. She requires actual physical rest in order to avoid anothe cardiac event" She slides around to sit cross legged beside the older woman, hand resting possessively on Ophelia's leg. "Look around! We haven't got anything to go forward on! Unless you're willing to head back there and spend the next two days finding and repairing all our gear, I say we limp back to Refuge and beg for a redux after a week of rest and reprovisioning. To fiddle sticks with what they think of us. If we all wind up dead from exposure or snake bites, who's going to care that we died trying to fufill a prophecy!?"
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

Keith's nub of a nose wrinkles, his big eyes narrowing. "Whatever. I don't need any of you anyways. To hell with the Tomorrow Legion." He gathers up his belongings and floats ahead, not looking back.

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

She starts off addressing Keith but then looks to the whole group. "Whoa, let's not be rash. Keith your kind of a dick but you're not retarded, you know it's dumb to wander off alone and pissed. ... Whatever we do Ophelia is gonna need to rest first. That gives us most of a day to find our shit. We didn't make it far before... so I think our chances are good. Tomorrow we can figure out our next step and I'm not gonna lie I favor pressing on if Ophelia is up to it. Not for a prophecy, or to prove a damn thing to anyone, but because Claudes life depends on it. On us."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two was sulking off in the woods after having been yelled at when he heard the words of the others. Curious he flies in to take a look and see this time Keith is upset over something.

"Keith don't go. You my best friend an the best psychic I ever knew. We need you here." Then looking around out in the woods he adds. "Besides, there is some scary stuff in these woods and you do not want to bother with them."
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Frankly Lulu was surprised that such a vehement outburst came out of her own mouth. When Keith shot back, hurt evident in his voice, Lulu's heart dropped to a painful knot in her stomach. She pulled her knees in tight to her chest and pressed her face against them. She didn't cry, but it was a close thing. She didn't speak, but her thoughts were very loud.
'That's not what I wanted. I didn't mean that. I shouldn't have said that. I don't want him to leave. I just want us all to be safe. I don't want to lose anyone else. This was the scariest thing I've ever done. I'm not cut out for this. I'm not good enough. I can't even keep my gear together. People are going to die because I'm a clumsy, distracted wuss. They should have someone better on this mission. If we go back, maybe I can get them someone better. I don't want them to die!'
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »


30 minutes have elapsed. Time from talking to Jayne, healing ophelia, and Sammy/Ndreare arriving
With Ophelia up, barely, and fresh dissension in the ranks the squall of freshly born plumed snakes flew to and fro threatening to come back into their lives. The clouds had seemed to part revealing a pale blue backdrop, and the sun’s orange morning glow flooded the Thunderous Valley. Picturesque, with the remaining floating mountains swirling across the wooded valley intertwined with thousands of serpents.

Anyone with a sense of the arcane could feel something change near by. Like a nexus opening and closing. A nearby tree cracked in two and behold a pair of travelers nodded to the maligned team. This pair could not be more different. One was a small agile looking orange tabby cat with a lopsided grin on his face and a green gem stone dangling from his collar. The other was tall, impressively tall In the same way Jayne had been. He was clad in a shinning archaic armor made from a metal that could only be the core of a star. His long elf ears stuck out from the helm and his gaze seemed to penetrate the very soul of a person.

The cat seemed familiar to some who had been with the legion. He had been rumored to be dead, a member of the ill fated 2nd SET. Sammy he was called by friends, Samuel T. Cat by his friendmies. He curled his neck and gave a long kitty cat yawn. “Meow... Found ya’ll in the nick of Time I reckon.” The cat looked up at his tall armored companion who said nothing. He was impassive but the earth near his armored feet seemed to lift slightly as if caught in a large gravimetric field.

The cat chuckled casting a withering glance at the plumed serpants swirling over head. “Meow, we need to talk but seein’ your in a pickle...” He bounded onto a flat stone and seemingly from nowhere his paw rolled out a hefty leather satchel displaying several items. His impassive armored knightly companion merly stood as if waiting for something. The Cat continued pawing at the revealed items, he purred softly, “That’s right Ndreare we are a frakin’ Sante Claus.”

The Cat using no doubt telekinesis floated a silver feather quill that shimmered in the morning sun as if made from a star itself, “Meow, Quazar’s Quill, now I hear The Magestar science conglomerate has been lookin for this little beauty for some time.” The cat chuckled looking up at the shinning knight, “Meow, I know the rumors. Pen is mightier than the sword.” Somehow as the quil floated in front of 42 the arcane robot could almost hear a voice in his head, The cat is honest, but anxious about being here.

The orange tabby pawed the next item and floated it near Keith. A white sparkling glove arching with electricity. The tabby purred as his armored ally Ndreare shifted slighly, “Meow, that’s right Ndreare I totally forgot we killed Jackson to get his five fingered glove.” Sammy’s left eye winked at the zapper, “I think you’ll find it a pretty fun weapon Mr. Sparks. I reckon it won’t stop till you get enough.” The cat shivered as Ndreare casts his gaze skyward. The cat chuckled seething, “Meow... Meow, that robo jerk had it coming.”

The cat purred lifting the next item while keeping one eye at the approaching snakes as they had seemed to form a large snake funnel in the sky overhead. A thorny crown made of silver drifted telekeneticly to Ophelia. The tabby smiled at her, “Meow Ophelia I reckon you ain’t on a vacation. Just like Carlsbad eh?” The cat chuckled at his own joke. If Carlsbad rung any bells in Ophelia it was no doubt the worst vacation ever. Hell pit and all... “hehe, Meow, we managed to snag The thorny crown out of Tolkien’s vaults. I reckon this will make people like you plenty So you can keep doing what you do best.” The sly cat tapped the side of his head with a claw.

Soon Jane herself could tell a pair of sharp vibro claws being lifted in her direction. The cat’s companion Ndreare visibly shuttered as its blades caught the morning sun’s beams spreading them across the valley in a bathing yellow glow. Clearly a feat missed by Jane but Sammy purred cluing her in, “Meow... Look at them catch those rays. I reckon something like a small nova eh Ndreare? No doubt those Plume Snake babies might be a bit surprised. The larger than life cosmic knight shifted causing the ground to tremble. Sammy chuckled softly to his friend, “I reckon You won’t have to worry about Logan’s Loppers for some time big guy.”

Even with Ndreare listlessly staring at the claws presented to Jane, Sammy swirled his own pistol replete with technowizard etching of unmistakable quality. Anyone who knew anything about the galactic could tell it was hand crafted by an Atless technowizard. Only someone of that race could so nonchalantly make something so exquisite. After another twirl, Sammy scowled looking up at Ndreare. “Meow, meow. I know, time to give it up...” Under the cat’s breath Sammy muttered grumbling, “But to her...”

The gun, a desert eagle pistol at its heart floated toward Aggy. Sammy expounded, “The Son of a Gun. Made for us psi-slingers by Dorian Fallstaff, and handed down from the best to the best.” It was clear that Sammy thought he was the best but only half heartedly agreed that Aggy was also the best. “I reckon you’ll find it packing a bit more punch than you’re used too. Only thing is...” Sammy’s eyes twinkled and he shrugged moving on.

The Cat’s meow caught halfway in his throat as he gasp seeing Lulu clearly for the first time, “ Lucinda?... Is that really you, did I really hear you spatting with Mr. Sparks? Ndreare, look it is Lucinda! Only...” Sammy’s excitement was quickly tempered by Ndreare’s mighty gauntlet hand being placed gingerly on his kitty kat back. Sammy hung his head sighing, “Meow... I know... I know... Its just all that shit with the future brigade gets me.” He pawed the leather satchel, it was empty. He muttered more to himself than anyone, “The records did not even mention...”

The shook his head and looked up at her. A single tear blinked off his eye and hit the ground. Behind the pair, the throng of plumed snakes could be seen mounting a return. Their hissing began to become a cacophony. Despite the looming threat, The cosmic knight Ndreare took his hand off the cat’s back and reached to his keft cutting a hole in space time pulling out a strange Gatling like rifle almost 3/4 the size of Lulu.

Sammy looked up at it stunned himself. He floated it over to Lulu. “ Lucinda, this... Its well... I reckon it don’t even have a damn name does it Ndreare? We took it off a genesplicer a few months back when we were looking for an orb. Its capable of firing in different mods, delivering multiple types of damage, a weapon of ultimate flexibility.” The cat grinned sadly at her clearly pained to see her.

Surprises abound, and even through the Field Team was without much in the way of gear they now each had one item with in reach ready to be taken to defend themselves against the truck sized flying snakes that swiftly descended on them. Sammy roared as the snakes blotted out the sky, “Meow, Here they come! Ndreare!”

The cat produced from two side holsters a pair of old style six shooters and a green gem stone along his collar erupted in a bright green light shrouding the cat in a protective field. Ndreare, a cosmic knight held his hands high and summoned his cosmic weapon to him. A blade looking as if it was forged out of pure starfire was soon gripped in his hands, and the cosmic knight’s eyes burned with a similar color of cosmic fire. Then the snakes were everywhere and nothing but their iridescent plumes could be seen and their incessant hissing heard. With a new weapon, and two allies at their backs would this stand be the last of the maligned field team or would they rise to the occassion?
Encounter at -6(make sure you see the two bonuses)
Skill allowed: Combat skill (arcane is fine but you need at least 3 ppts and an offensive power)
Shooting and Arcane: 3d6 shots or ppts are used.
  • Exceed Ammo: Common Kn roll, fail and the item takes a lvl of TD.
  • Exceed ppts: Spirit roll, fail suffer a lvl of fatigue.
Dangerous Encounters:
If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). If he's the driver of a vehicle, it takes a Wound (or d4 with a Critical Failure). Wounds may be Soaked as usual. Success means the hero emerges with only Bumps & Bruises (basically fatigue, page 125), and a raise means he escapes unscathed.

Bonuses:
  • Try it out! Each of you were gifted a unique and amazing weapon, if you use it in this scene get a +2 bonus.
  • New Friends: You might not know them too well, but Sammy is a six shooter psi slinger, and Ndreare is an amazing cosmo knight. Include one or both helping you for a +2 bonus.
GM Note: Ndreare is Rob’s character, and while I enjoy bringing him into the game I don’t really feel comfortable voicing him, because well Rob is really the only one who can do it properly. So I have opted for a silent Cosmo Knight Ndreare as if his actions are as good as words and if he spoke the world would explode.

Quazar’s Quill(Enchanted)
An interesting weapon that relies on the wielder’s grasp of academic Pursuits rather than fighting prowess. At first glance a silvery feathered quil, but when held like a sword it elongates to the size of a long sword becoming more ridged than steel. Str+1d8 AP is Academics die type, and it uses academics rather than fighting for Melee attacks, MD. Interestingly this weapon seems to have an intelligence that picks up on people’s emotional states. As an innate action with no ppts you can use the empathy power and on a raise know if the person is lying. This is an enchanted item.
Jackson’s Five Fingered Glove(TW)
Weaved with cosmics rays this glove boosts a zapper’s natural abilities in a couple of unique ways. The first was that while wearing the glove lightning bolts channeled through it packed a bit more punch. Lightning bolts gain atomic annihilation and raise damage becomes 2d4. Secondly the zapper’s sense of electrical fields is heightened to an extreme level. Against foes relying on sophisticated electrical systems Such as Robots, full conversion borgs, and RAs, the zapper may take an action to roll Psionics(range is smarts and range power mods can be used) to interact with the electrical systems of the foe gaining an understanding of its characteristics, and possible tactics. The GM may impose penalties for uncommon or unique systems. If successful, the zapper has identified weaknesses of the foe and the Zapper’s advice grants allies a +1 bonus to Trait rolls versus such creatures until the end of the encounter. On a raise, the target's special abilities of note (if any) are revealed, and the bonus to Trait rolls is increased to +2.
Will’s Thorny Crown(Enchanted)
Made of a single forged silver ingot, it was named after William Jennings Bryant famous coinage of free silver speech. Like its name sake, this item gives one Unparalleled charisma. Grants the charismatic edge, and interactions start one step better than they normally would. In addition the item can be used to grant a +1 bonus to perform or Persuasion when playing a role and a +1 to the disguise power (also dramatically increases the duration by one time step). As a melee weapon it also does the following: +1 fighting, str+1d6 horn damage(enchanted silver).
Logan’s Loppers(Extreme Tech)
Perhaps the sharpest pair of vibro claws ever made. The mettle is an unknown substance that vibrates at double the frequency of a normal vibro weapon and is particularly deadly to the supernatural. It is apparently only damaged by like substance and is capable of tearing apart a set power armor in one stroke. When the pair is worn together, given ample light, they can be used to stun a whole swath of enemies.
Adamantum Vibro Claws:
Damage: Str+2d4 AP12, Negate the regeneration of Wounded targets, Notes: Parry +1 (must be worn as a pair for the bonus). Count as Claws. Three hooks coming out of a gauntlet.
  • When both are worn, +1 parry. Also as an action the hero can use them to disperse sunlight over a large area per the stun power(Large area effect and uses shooting) no ppt cost. If used frequently enemies may just start to turn away or shut their eyes at the right moment negating the stun effects. This will even work on sensors, temporarily overloading them for a turn.
Son of a Gun(TW)
Made by Dorian Fallstaff for the best of the best of Psi-slingers. Handed down from slinger to slinger at a time chosen by the forge. Upon receiving it for the first time the slinger is treated to the vision of the place and whom they will have to give up the gun too. The gun itself deals more damage than a normal Desert Eagle and can fire quicker than most. The weapon has the rapid fire edge.

Desert Eagle (.50)
Range 15/30/60
Damage: 2d10
  • Packs a Punch: Targets hit are Distracted and then roll Strength (−2 if shooter got a raise). Those who fail are hurled 2d6” and become prone, suffering another 2d4 damage if they strike a hard object. Targets with MDC or of Size (Large) or greater ignore this effect.
AP 4
Rate of Fire 1
Shots 7
Min Strength d6
Weight 8
Cost 300
A rifle with no name, extreme tech
About four feet long, chrome and looking like something fantastic out of a man in black flick. While this gun perhaps does not deal as much damage as a rail gun of the same size it has a replicating round chamber capable of synthesizing many different kinds of “ammunition”. It is also light as a feather. Not too much is known about it its history, but the Gene Splicer who used to own it used it on his “hunting trips”.
Range: 24/48/96
Shots 20(Takes 8 hours of inactive use to recharge via a side solar panel)
Str min d4
Damage by type, each shot costs one ammo unless otherwise specified. The defult setting of the rifle is laser, it is an innate action to switch settings.
  • Laser: 4d6, AP 2, Heavy Beam
  • Armor Piercing Explosive: 3d8 AP16, SBT MD
  • Flare, Illumination: Deploys a chute which lights a LBT for 2d10 rounds (100 credits).
  • Gas: Shatters releasing toxic gas into a SBT for d4 rounds—Knockout or Paralyzing(players choice), see Poison in Savage Worlds.
  • Neural Disruptor: Blunt, nonlethal. Victims check Vigor at −2 (−4 with a raise) or are stunned.
  • Tracer Bug: Transmits a radio signal with a range of 8 miles, 96 hour battery life. Sticky for attaching to targets (250 credits).
  • Polymer Bolo: Targets make opposed agility vs shooting roll. If the shooter wins the target is Entangled, or Bound with a raise. The polymer bolo is Hardness 24. Bolo breaks down after 2 hours.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Ophelia Monk
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Psionics 4
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 40/40
Exhausted: -2
Scene Penalty: -6
Psionics 1d10, Using Major Psionics to get +2 to roll, rolling 3d6+4 ISP spent.
Tapping the Crown +2
Helped by Ndreare +2
Net roll: 1d10-2
Head Games 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Psionics 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny:
Benny Head Games 1d10!!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Benny Wild Psionics 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
ISP Expenditure 3d6+4: [1, 5, 1]+4 = 11
Bennies: 2/3
ISP: 29/40
Initially, Ophelia was a bit overwhelmed; even with her newfound allies and the crown, her body was simply too drained to be useful, and even her mind was clouded by exhaustion.

But then, she saw the silent knight begin to carve a hole in the swarm of flying serpents. The beasts, for all their feral nature, clearly were learning to not approach the looming figure. With that, and sensing the power of the Crown, Ophelia was able to come up with a plan. And thus, before long, there were not one, but two Ndreares on the battlefield. Even her scent was the same.

The beasts, confused at being confronted by the terrible warrior from two flanks, began to flee. And once they were airborne, well, a few suddenly got tired in mid-air and came crashing back down to earth, their massive bulk working against them by creating a bigger crash.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Aggelos »

Task roll Shooting 6
Modifiers: Scene -6, Try it out +2, New Friends +2, Sharpshooter +1. Net -1
Shooting 1d8!!-1: [7]-1 = 6
Wild 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Benny to reroll
Shooting reroll 1d8!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild reroll 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Ammon used 3d6: [4, 6, 2] = 12
Common knowledge 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [20!!] = 20
The appearance of the pair, the cat in particular results in Aggy sighing in exasperation then she all but glares the Sammy in tense expectation. Damn it, he better not say anything But when he starts passing out goodies instead she relaxes a bit. When he tells her about the gun she is visibly impressed. She pops the clip, checks it, slaps it back in, and chambers a round. Then she nods solemnly, accepting both the gun and the responcibility to pass it on.

As the serpents gather to assail them once more Aggy looks at their numbers and yells to Sammy. "I hope you have more clips for me in that sack, cat." Whirling away from a lunging claw she unloads some TK enhanced rounds in return fire.

"Meow, I always come prepared. Hold this." The cat tosses a pistol to Aggy then rummages around in his bag with one telekinetic "hand" while shooting with the other. As Aggy empties it he pulls out a bandolier with various clips and speed loaders. "You know the drill kid."

The two then spend the battle passing guns and ammo back and forth like a pair of ultra violent jugglers, spreading the reloading and ammo enhancing duties between them. While a bit rough at first their coordination is soon seamless.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 2/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:16 pm
“Meow... I know... I know... Its just all that shit with the future brigade gets me.” He pawed the leather satchel, it was empty. He muttered more to himself than anyone, “The records did not even mention...”
Lulu got to her feet when the strange pair appeared out of the rift. Originally she'd stood ready to shield Ophelia with her own body from whatever fresh danger threatened them. When it quickly became apparent that these two were from the Legion, she'd stepped back and helped Ophelia up to greet them.

In the normal way of things when she wasn't wearing her shiny Tirax armor, the young medic had faded into the background of the group. She didn't mind going unnoticed by her team or the visitors until the last of the gifts had been handed out by the most bizzare santa she'd ever seen. When the cat's eyes focused on her, and called her by her full name, Lulu reeled a bit, taking a half step back. When he mentioned her fight with Keith, a fresh wave of guilt washed over her.

"The...the future?" She whispered when he paused, but the cat didn't pay her any mind.

Her arms are on autopilot when the rifle floats over to her. She pulls it against her chest, expecting a gun so large to be heavy in her hands, but it's not. Her fingers trail over the surface, thinking it might have been made of plastic, for all it's curved panels and attached parts. Again, no. It defintely feels like metal, but not one she's ever seen before. She looks back and forth between the gun, the cyberknight and the cat. She's very confused by both the gifts and the apparant sadness. What has she done in the future to evoke such emotion?

She has only seconds to pull the gun up to the proper position and familiarize herself with the mechanics of the thing. Obviously it was custom designed for its original user because the switches and dials all have symbols but no words. As Aggy and Sammy start firing their weapons at the snakes, Lulu side steps away from them and few feet away from the rest of the team trying to line up a clear shot. The others keep getting in her way, until suddenly Ndreare grabs her under her arms and boosts her up onto a flat rock above them. Silently he points up, above where Aggy and Sammy's shots are making the snakes swerve and dive in defensive patterns. Up to where the rest of the swarm is diving mostly in formation. She nods quickly in understanding.

Lulu sets her feet in the stance Aggy just taught her a few days ago and clicks what she thinks is the ammunition dial.

"I wonder what this symbol means?"
42621-explosive_5.gif
42621-explosive_5.gif (4.72 KiB) Viewed 642 times
She takes aim and pulls the trigger. The gun fires, hits a snake, explodes and then explodes several other snakes nearby. Lulu giggles, a bit hysterically and keeps on shooting. Little bits of flying serpents start raining down on the valley floor.

Firing a rifle with no name, extreme tech

Scene modifier: -6, Try it out: +2, New Friends: +2
Total : -2
Armor Piercing Exploding Ammuntion Shot
Shooting 1d8!! -2: [6] = 6 -2=4
Wild 1d6!! -2: [2] = 2 -2=0
Success!

Ammo 3d6: [6, 3, 4] = 13
Common Knowledge 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Current Ammo: 7/20 Bennies: 3/3 PP: 8/15
Last edited by LuLu on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty Two never really considered himself a hero, he was the guy who got to watch the real heroes in action. But he loved what he did and receiving this new quill and it was the best quill he had ever seen!

After telling @sammy and @Sir Ndreare a half dozen times each how cool it was and how he would cherish it, he decided to test it out. Taking flight Forty Two found he flew faster and with far more maneuverability than the serpents and could easily dance between them. But when Ndreare saw he was about to be devoured he suddenly felt time bend around him as he was accelerated it was like the entire world was moving in slow motion. The tall dark elf saying "Do not get yourself killed, we went through some effort to bring these toys to you."

Wow, this thing could cut and slash like the best of them and Forty two was all over the place doing whatever he could to help out the others. Slashing at the eye of a serpent about to bite down on @LuLu, before dashing away to stab one in the but that was about to bite @Jane and even flying to the other side of the battle field to stab one in the tongue as it was sneaking in behind @Aggy. It was like he was on fire with awesome.

Forgot the +4 and -6
Academics 1d10!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Academics Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Benny to reroll -4 scene, Academics +2, +2 for Ndreare's help, and +2 for New toy = Break even
Benny for Academics break even on roll 1d10!!: [4] = 4 Benny for Wild Die on Academics break even on roll 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Benny 2
Second Benny for Academics break even on roll 1d10!!: [1] = 1 Second Benny for Wild on Academics break even on roll 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Bennies 2, PPE: 10, ISP: 10, -1 Fatigue
4 Quarterly Reset
-2 Reroll on Feathered Serpents.


Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 2 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

Critical Edges: Reliable, Work the Room, and Charisma allow 3 rolls to help two people!

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Keith »

The glove floats to Keith and he slides his hand into it. He can't quite seem to figure out how to activate it, but luckily Sammy comes over and helps him out his odd shaped hand into it in a way that works. Keith mumbles a "thanks".
Electric Bolt 7

Psionics
1d10!!-2: [9]-2 = 7

Wild Die
1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2


User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Her sightless eyes are drawn to the cosmic gravitational pull of Ndreare. Quite certain that she had neither met nor been in his presence before, she felt that there was something they shared in common.

The strain of scrutiny seems to reveal to Ndreare the weight of Jane's soul. The death of Echo was against her will, yet she has taken full responsibility for her death. It is like the gravitational pulls of two cosmic entities too near each other.

Jane grabs the offered blades and backs away from the pair of newcomers.

"It is probably best that we not be too near each other, Cosmic Knight."

Nodding in Sammy's direction. "Thank you for these."



Years before ...

An attractive female lays within a shimmering pool of liquid metal. At least attractive by the face that is above the liquid metal. Sightless eyes stare into the ceiling of a complex that she knows little about. She floats in the metal pool unaware of who or what she is.

Two years ago ...

Jane found awareness aboard a Splurgoth Slaver Barge in a ravine doing 30 miles an hour. With little time to figure her situation out, she went into auto-pilot and targeted what she was told to shoot at. Almost robotically she targeted and shot. Accuracy was rewarded and the being she hit disintegrated.

Jane shook from head to two. She was aware that a life had been taken and there was nothing she could do to repair or put back together. She turned her attention to the Slavers and did her best to stop their advances. She was captured and then set free.

A year ago ...

The cell wascold and empty except for the cold table on which she was layed out. Her right hand raises to her chest, just above her heart. Touching it, she is suddenly aware that she something more than the woman laying on the table. Beneath her skin is a device that when touched reveals her name and inception date, but she can not properly speak American at the time and so she was stuck with name Jane Doe.



Jane slips the gauntllets on. Natural Like I was meant for these.

She nicks herself on the sharpness of the blades and she realizes that the gauntlets are actually vembraces. The light they exude blinds her other senses. "By the forge." She almost goes to cover mouth for swearing and catches herself before something else gets sliced and diced.

From across the field Ndreare lifts a sword and points to his right. There in the dawning light Jane can see a cluster of thunder snakes descending towards the team's location.


Scene Modifier -6
Include Sammy & Ndreare +2
Using Logan's Loppers +2
Fighting 1d8!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Burn 1d6: [2] = 2

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3482
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

In an alternate Dimension, some time in the future
The sign above the dilapidated wooden tavern said, “Lightning Dogs”. Burnt piles of ash littered the door way. Most of the bar stools were broken their legs sharpened into pointy sticks which littered the ground halfhazardly. Sammy an orange tabby cat lazily paced the length of the bar top. The barman, a dogboy with an electric twinkle shook his head playfully at the cat, “Row... You looking for a spot to nap Sammy?”

The cat finally laid down, tired as all get out. “Meow... Haven’t been this tired... Well since I fought those plume snakes With Field Team Six.” The cat grinned sleepily, “Mew you Ophelia right? I reckon she felt the brunt of it, recovering from heart attack and all.”

The dog boy nodded reaching down pouring Sammy a glass of brown thick syrupy liquid, “Row Sammy, How many Vamps you kill today? 100? Seems like they are taking over.” The dog boy pushed the glass to Sammy and tried to change the subject, “Uhhh... So what happened with those snakes? Did you and the future brigade kill them all?”

Sammy gave a sleepy snarl, he had like everyone else had cause to hate vampires. He reached into a nearby dimentional pocket pulling out a small photo of a woman in a doctor’s coat. “Meow Rex... I reckon they are takin over. Frakin Vamps...” He shook his head looking at the photo, ”We fought those snakes for the better part of the day. I reckon there were over 2000, and just the eight of us. Not the future brigade. Ndreare, Myself and Field Team Six. The odds were slim, but we squeaked by.”

Rex leaned over the bar peering at the photo Sammy had pulled out. Being from the alternate dimension he had never heard of field team six, but he knew the lady in the photo. “Ain’t that Miss Bordane? Row, heard stories about her and all the work she did developing a cure. Rumor was Architect from the celestial court was helping her...” Despite his slight mispronunciation Sammy nodded silently, few beside Sammy truly knew her. The Dog boy’s voice trailed off as he tapped the bar top thinking, “They say all she needed was the blood of the first Atlantean.”

Sammy gave the photo a ginger nuzzle before sticking it back into the dimentional pocket. His eyes began to shut as fatigue settled in. His words dripped out in-between yawns. “Meow... They were all helping her... Broke a pact of some kind. Have faith Rex, they’ll save Claude... In turn... Meow... Saving us.”

Suddenly the doors of the run down Tavern burst open shattering in a bright green light. Rex cast a worried eye at it muttering Teleporters. It was still day light so probably not a vampire. In fact it was a grizzled red headed man leaning heavily on a staff made of metal and next to him was an old cyber knight. The red headed man, clearly a technowizard, wore a pair of glasses that had been smashed so that one side was an inch higher than the other side. He had a myriad of scrapes along his arms and legs. A long gash was smeared across his back, fresh and leaking. He grunted out of breath, “Rex, wake Sammy. They killed the last Xictic hive... And, they got the book of darkness... Crap on a stick we need to get ready.”
Aided by new weapons and two allies the field team made it to a pass overgrown with thorns but it was high at the edge of the valley giving a clear view of where they had come from and where the way out lie. The path was not wide by any stretch of the imagination, and the team haggardly hugged the wall least they tumble down the other side into the brambles. The plumed snakes had been thinned and deterred, but still a few hundred of the iridescent blue and purple feather creatures were scattered down in the valley.

Sammy ducked under a floating boulder using a bit of telekinesis to steady @Ophelia Monk. Being this high the remaining rocks that floated and crashed in the Thunder Valley were almost eye level. Near the group caught in a nasty patch of thorns was the last baby that had tried to attack. Its feathers were charred, singed black from a grenade blast. Its left wing was broken, riddled with enough bullet holes to have snapped it into. It hissed painfully struggling in vain to escape its thorny tomb.

Sammy’s silent ally Ndreare stood as ever impassive gazing down into the valley and then up to the pass’ exit. Sammy nodded understanding. The eight of them had been fighting for eight hours straight. It had been a running fight, everyone say for the tireless Ndreare and perhaps, Jane and 42 were on their last legs. The cat meowed tired as all get out echoing the team’s general exhaustion ”Meow, frackin snakes... Someone grab Ophelia... Just up through the pass... A little more.”

A slight ring sounded from Sammy’s green jewled necklace, as if an alarm going off. Still sleepy and tired he muttered, “Damn... Out of time.” With a last gasp of energy, Sammy panicked Bounding onto @Aggelos’s shoulder. He did not have much time. “Meow Aggelos, you have to get to Claude. Everything depends on it. What ever happens don’t...” His words caught as his body began to vanish. He glanced painfully at @LuLu opening his mouth to say something important, but it was too late. He vanished into thin air before he could say more. A silent Ndreare looked down at where Sammy had been and then cast his cosmic gaze upon each of the six heroes before him. His gaze was withering as it was awe inspiring. Even sleepy Ophelia was brought back to the brink of exhaustion. It was as if a cosmic laser cut into your very soul. Speaking for the first time the mighty Cosmo Knight uttered three simple words shaking the valley, “By the Forge.”
42
42 saw a man. A familiar form that his creator would take from time to time. The guise of Daxon Fell. He was leading dozen’s of blue skinned Faeulrin down a deep chasm. The blue skins were all manacled and some were being dragged by their bindings.
Jane
Jane felt cold, and the wind whipped her hair to and fro. It was hard to breathe the chilled air. Before her was a vehicle buried in the snow. Seemed like some kind of van. She could tell instead of an engine something powerful was at its heart. An infinity sphere!
Lulu
Lulu saw a slightly more wizened self sitting on a bridge spanning a small brook in a parcel of wooded land. In this image she was missing half her right ear as if it had gnawed off by something. In her lap Sammy the orange tabby cat purred softly. Before them the sun was setting rapidly. Behind the pair was a small house with a great shadow rising behind it. The wind whispered, “Here comes Freddy!”
Ophelia
Ophelia saw a pile of rocks, an unmarked grave. Laid upon it crossed-wise was her silver crown broken into halves, and the dagger she currently held. There was no tomb stone, only the specter of a withered and grotesque hag floating in its place. Ophelia could have sworn she was some how looking at a prophetic perverted mirror image. The creature swirled in the milaze of darkness that surrounded it and chortled, “Beware the care bear stare.”
Keith
Keith saw nothing at first, but his eyes adjusted and he found himself in a deep dark room. Next to him was a beautiful blond woman. She was familiar to Keith by this time, and some how in the darkness her blue eyes found Keith’s for a moment forever frozen in time. She whispered suductivly, “You know where I am Keith... Come to me... I need your help... I love you. I will always be your Victoria, now and forever.” Keith could feel the truth behind those words more true than anything he had experienced before. As the vision faded, Keith saw the castle refuge, a long stone stairwell that descended well under its walls, and a room marked with two strange words: Ferrum Carcerem
Aggy
Aggelos saw a small cabin, that her father had taken her to twice. Once when she was a baby, and once as an adult in the future. Inside was a soft crackling fire and an unfamiliar wall of “family” depicting a life time of memories spent between Antipas and Aggy. Little Angel and Antipas riding horses. The two in Dweomer, a teenage Aggy smiling with a woman who could only be her mom. The photos went on and on... The last one though, showing father and daughter both as adults, was off kilter and shattered. Which was weird because they could not have happened... It was all too wrong. Something was struggling on the floor, it was beneath a mass of decaying bodies and drew her attention. Her father was on the floor, with thirty vampire heads and bodies littered around him. His back was torn to shreds exposing the spine and he rolled over revealing a marred face too aged to be someone she knew. His right hand held her berreta and strangely adorned along its handel was a scripted FB. His left hand was on a map of North America. He was drawing circles in using his own blood. One arround Castle Refuge, He gasped, ”Commander Maverick.”

The next far south of El Paso, along a trail of mountains. He gurgled spitting up blood, “Reid Betrayed.” The third circle took him a bit to scribe as he strength was failing. It was an area fifty miles or so south of Dweomer in the magic zone, “Freddy.” The last circle he drew was east of castle refuge toward the Missisippi River. Exactly where the Field team was currently headed. He spurted, “Claude... Is key...”

His arms stopped moving and a single tear rolled down his cheek as he looked up. It was if he was looking right at Aggy,“Coake said you looked just like her.” He stopped breathing and his eyes froze staring up at nothing.
The visions faded, the group was alone with the soft sounds of a baby plumed snake hissing a dozen of feet away. They were tired, without food or water, many found their gear to have been left behind in the mad dash to escape the snakes. Precious trinkets even may have fallen to the way side during the frantic escape. The way out was near, but the group could also head back down to reclaim what they lost. The snakes had been thinned from 2000 to 200. Would the field team tempt fate, or chuck the loss of gear to a series of unfortunate events and head out of the precarious Thunder Valley? Do we get to see what other dangers lurk amidst the floating rocks and wooden vale?
Step 1) Everyone takes a lvl of fatigue, Ophelia is just at exhausted. This is the result of the quick combat (bumps and bruises)

GM directions. React obviously, RP for a bit, Keep track of ppts, and cast any spells. If you have an idea but need to make a skill roll for more info. Everyone can make a skill roll or support someone else's and I’ll hit you with a PM on what the roll means. Only one roll please for more info/trying to do something etc...and make it at a -2. Sadly you are at a narrow pass covered in thorns so recovering ppts and resting is a bit tricky.

For example,
  • Jane wants to make sure the gang does not fall off the path and into the thorns. She makes an athletics check at -2, GM pms her or posts the result.
  • Angry Aggy wants to shut the baby snake up so the hisses does not attract more. She makes a shooting roll At -2. GM pms or posts the result.
  • Helpful but hungry 42 wants to make sure all his friends succeedby encouraging them, and buzzes around spreading wisdom and and positivity To Jane and Aggy. He makes a persuasion check using his edge he can help both. Makes a persuasion roll at -2(I think he even gets another dice for one of his edges). He is using support.
Need a benny? Describe a cool danger lurking in the Thunder Valley.

Whoa, what happened to all my gear? Ask the blind chick who was tasked to keep track of it and gather it all. Some people like Ophelia don’t have anything other than the gift Sammy gave. Others made an agility roll to grab a small item like weapon or precious trinket, but everything else was left behind. Player: But... It does not make sense all my armor is gone, I sleep and pee in it!! GM: Ok well just the helmet is missing. Jane crit failed the task of bringing everything during the mad dash.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Episode 4: Find Captian Claude... Again??

Post by LuLu »

When the future brigade allies and the visions fade away, the valley seems even darker than before. Weak sunlight filters through the floating rocks, banging into each other and the canyon walls just barely over their heads. Lulu shivers, wrapping her arms around herself and leaning against the rock wall at her back. The butt of her ridiculously long gun sits on the rocks between her feet and leans against her chest. A thorn is poking her leg, but she is too tired to even shuffle her feet away from the bush. For the hundreth time in the last 8 hours she berates herself for taking off her armor. She'd just been trying to distance herself from the memories of that long trek through the swamp by getting some fresh air against her skin.
When the shadow of a floating boulder finally passes and the sun is bright over her face, Lulu opens her eyes again. She stares up at the blue skie above the rocks and tries to pray, unsure of who or even what she's asking for. Movement catches her eye and she squints. Is that more snakes? No. It's a bird. No, lots of birds. Her brain is a little slower at processing what she's seeing, but eventually she realizes that those are vultures circling above. Oh. Well those two might be eagles. It makes sense that the eagles would be out to feed on the hatchling serpents, and the last 10 hours of death and destruction were bound to attract the attention of scavengers. What other, less winged scavangers might be lurking in the shadows just waiting for them to lie down and die like the wounded serpent still thrashing in the vines?
"Okay." Lulu sighs out. "We can't stay here. Snug in close folks. I'm going to try and give us a little pick-me-up."

Lulu spreads pulls her hands together, a pale blue light gathers between them before she speaks "Relevium." She pushes her hands out from her sides and the light spreads out down the line of her teammates.

relief one success
Relief spell for 6 people = 7 ppts
Setting modifier -2, fatigue modifier -1 = total -3
Faith 1d10!!-3: [8]-3 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-3: [3]-3 = 0

+1 Benny for vultures and scavangers? I'm taking it. tell me if I don't deserve it.

Current Power points: 1/15 Current Bennies: 4/3

This fear die roll is dated june 17, but it won't freaking go away.
Fear check 1d10-4!!: [4]-4 = 0
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 8/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”