PreAdventure: Part 1 The Warmup (Aggelos)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

PreAdventure: Part 1 The Warmup (Aggelos)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Weeks before the fateful call from Pender lumpkiss you were all separately called Into office room 3A within the Stone Halls of Castle Refuge on the lowest level. Given that no one had ever summoned you anywhere because they might have distrusted you, thought little of your abilities, or never thought you were destined for more it was a rather abrupt surprise to receive an official summons.

A dwarf with fiery red hair, a sunny smile, and a warrior's heft to her broad shoulders stands before you. This is Dhara Hammerheart, one of the leaders of the Tomorrow Legion. Her short arms and hands are balanced on a wooden desk. She motions for you to sit in the single worn chair opposite her. “Greetings, Legionnaire, Aggelos. How are you doing?” For some reason whenever Aggelos passed Dhara in the castle halls she always made it a point to ask her how she was doing. Often Dhara went out of her way to extrnd that curtiousy. It was as if she was letting Aggelos know she knew something. She hands you what looks like a flyer advertising some sort of sporting event. “Something is going on out near Kingsdale; a Juicer sports competition called a murderthon, and they've specifically invited a representative of the Tomorrow Legion to attend.” Dhara's expression is thoughtful. “Juicer sports in general are bloody, savage competitions and nothing we truly want to be involved in. However, I hear this particular murderthon is going to be more restrained.” Dhara laughs. “I have my doubts, but the fact remains that this an unprecedented opportunity for the legion to reach out and build relationships with nearby realms. Kingsdale is a very prosperous and influential city-state. We need a closer relationship with them. This region has a history with Juicers ever since the Juicer Uprising.” The dwarf nods towards you. “Therefore, I am requesting that you attend the murderthon. If I can I will make the request to others within these castle walls. So far I have yet to find any takers. If you agree keep your eyes open and remember you represent all of us. Go show them who we are.” She paused and slid a paper form towards you across the desk. A pen rolled after it. A simple Legionnaire contract for field duty. A quick glance at it beyond the standard legalize was that the job paid 10,000 credits, and an experience of a life time. With some amount of gravitas she solemnly says, “I know you might have had other plans for this afternoon and week, but what say you?”

Please post a response and ask any questions. For this particular part it is just you and her. Feel free to roll any skills you think would apply and I’ll toss in a response.

+1 Benny if you tell a story, perhaps some kind of flashback, about what you were up to prior to receiving the summons.

Story moves on in two weeks.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Aggelos

Re: PreAdventure: Part 1 The Warmup (Aggelos)

Post by Aggelos »

The cell door wouldn't have been tough to pick but Aggelos decided that she was probably in enough trouble. There weren't really any other groups she could take up with in the now that would further her search so she sat. In much less time than she expect the cell door was opened by an amused grackle. "Private Nem, considering the testimony of witnesses we will be dropping charges to all parties on the condition hostilities do not resume. You can't telekinetically strangle someone for being rude and sexist Private. Next time report the infraction instead of lashing out, and if you need something from the armory try to make sure Sargent Steengy Pats is not on duty." The watch sargent of the brig then handed Aggy her personal affects. In a hushed voice "Love the pantsing him part tho. Ya know on a personal level. Stuck up prick he is."

Taking her things she smiles at the Sargent. "I'll try Gabe. See you at the range later?" The pair were unlikely friends, Gaberiel a typical outgoing, heroic minded grackle and Aggelos, a somewhat grim utilitarian. Flipping open her com she sees the summons From Dhara Hammerheart. "Shit, or maybe I'm about to be sacked. Boss lady wants a palaver, later big guy."

The legion had been loathe to put Aggy on a field team thus far as most teams had a strong need to be PR reps for the legion as well as their assigned duties and the young Atlantean was decidedly undiplomatic. And prone to solving problems with violence. So She had served in various capacities throughout the Castle. Shifted off patrol duty after she asked to "Fire warning shots into their spines." in regards to fleeing raiders her patrol encountered. At the suggestion of her evaluator, Frank, she was then assigned to help with the orphaned children the Castle supported. This went well until the lullaby incident and she was subsequently move to guard duty in the brig.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:35 am
A dwarf with fiery red hair, a sunny smile, and a warrior's heft to her broad shoulders stands before you. This is Dhara Hammerheart, one of the leaders of the Tomorrow Legion. Her short arms and hands are balanced on a wooden desk. She motions for you to sit in the single worn chair opposite her. “Greetings, Legionnaire, Aggelos. How are you doing?” For some reason whenever Aggelos passed Dhara in the castle halls she always made it a point to ask her how she was doing. Often Dhara went out of her way to extrnd that curtiousy. It was as if she was letting Aggelos know she knew something. She hands you what looks like a flyer advertising some sort of sporting event. “Something is going on out near Kingsdale; a Juicer sports competition called a murderthon, and they've specifically invited a representative of the Tomorrow Legion to attend.” Dhara's expression is thoughtful. “Juicer sports in general are bloody, savage competitions and nothing we truly want to be involved in. However, I hear this particular murderthon is going to be more restrained.” Dhara laughs. “I have my doubts, but the fact remains that this an unprecedented opportunity for the legion to reach out and build relationships with nearby realms. Kingsdale is a very prosperous and influential city-state. We need a closer relationship with them. This region has a history with Juicers ever since the Juicer Uprising.” The dwarf nods towards you. “Therefore, I am requesting that you attend the murderthon. If I can I will make the request to others within these castle walls. So far I have yet to find any takers. If you agree keep your eyes open and remember you represent all of us. Go show them who we are.” She paused and slid a paper form towards you across the desk. A pen rolled after it. A simple Legionnaire contract for field duty. A quick glance at it beyond the standard legalize was that the job paid 10,000 credits, and an experience of a life time. With some amount of gravitas she solemnly says, “I know you might have had other plans for this afternoon and week, but what say you?”
By the time the dwarf is finished Aggelos is grinning. She looks over the contract thoroughly, signs and looks Dhara in the eyes. "Any of this pay come in advance? I'm gonna need more guns."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: PreAdventure: Part 1 The Warmup (Aggelos)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The dwarf sighed inwardly. Daraha almost hourly was assaulted by needy special operation teams. She often wondered what about these heroes made them so wanting. It was not that she did not have a pair of modified colts in her private weapons locker that she could give to @Aggelos, but she had no idea if this crazy person would come back to the castle with them? Did the un clanned true atlantean before her have what it took to survive the real riggors of rifts earth.

Daraha smiled briefly taking back the contract. Her brougish accent was slight and tone helpful, “I canna help you right now w’d new weapons or da advance in pay... Butta see Chuck Jones in the Entrance Lobby, he is a northern gun rep. He’l da take any survival kits you might have and replace it with one with half the weight. Free of charge.”

She smiled and waved the next applicant in. She was a busy lady.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Adventure Forum”