Pre Adventure Part 1: The Warmup (Lenard Hill)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Pre Adventure Part 1: The Warmup (Lenard Hill)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Weeks before the fateful call from Pender lumpkiss you were all separately called Into office room 3A within the Stone Halls of Castle Refuge on the lowest level. Given that no one had ever summoned you anywhere because they might have distrusted you, thought little of your abilities, or never thought you were destined for more it was a rather abrupt surprise to receive an official summons.

A dwarf with fiery red hair, a sunny smile, and a warrior's heft to her broad shoulders stands before you. This is Dhara Hammerheart, one of the leaders of the Tomorrow Legion. Her short arms and hands are balanced on a wooden desk. She motions for you to sit in the single worn chair opposite her. “Greetings, Legionnaire, Hill.” Her eyes narrowed, something that Lennard was used to. Being on the road to redemption carried a bit of a stigmata to it. “Despite my better Judgement, I promised the head of your order Lord Coake I would try to find a place for you here...” Her voice softened and her smile returned, “Everyone deserves another chance.” She hands you what looks like a flyer advertising some sort of sporting event. “Something is going on out near Kingsdale; a Juicer sports competition called a murderthon, and they've specifically invited a representative of the Tomorrow Legion to attend.” Dhara's expression is thoughtful. “Juicer sports in general are bloody, savage competitions and nothing we truly want to be involved in. However, I hear this particular murderthon is going to be more restrained.” Dhara laughs. “I have my doubts, but the fact remains that this an unprecedented opportunity for the legion to reach out and build relationships with nearby realms. Kingsdale is a very prosperous and influential city-state. We need a closer relationship with them. This region has a history with Juicers ever since the Juicer Uprising.” The dwarf nods towards you. ”Therefore, I am requesting that you attend the murderthon. If I can I will make the request to others within these castle walls. So far I have yet to find any takers. If you agree keep your eyes open and remember you represent all of us. Go show them who we are.”She paused and slid a paper form towards you across the desk. A pen rolled after it. A simple Legionnaire contract for field duty. A quick glance at it beyond the standard legalize was that the job paid 10,000 credits, and an experience of a life time. With some amount of gravitas she solemnly says, “I know you might have had other plans for this afternoon and week, but what say you?”

Please post a response and ask any questions. For this particular part it is just you and her. Feel free to roll any skills you think would apply and I’ll toss in a response.

+1 Benny if you tell a story, perhaps some kind of flashback, about what you were up to prior to receiving the summons.

Story moves on in two weeks.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lenard Hill

Re: Pre Adventure Part 1: The Warmup (Lenard Hill)

Post by Lenard Hill »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 am Weeks before the fateful call from Pender lumpkiss you were all separately called Into office room 3A within the Stone Halls of Castle Refuge on the lowest level. Given that no one had ever summoned you anywhere because they might have distrusted you, thought little of your abilities, or never thought you were destined for more it was a rather abrupt surprise to receive an official summons.

A dwarf with fiery red hair, a sunny smile, and a warrior's heft to her broad shoulders stands before you. This is Dhara Hammerheart, one of the leaders of the Tomorrow Legion. Her short arms and hands are balanced on a wooden desk. She motions for you to sit in the single worn chair opposite her. “Greetings, Legionnaire, Hill.” Her eyes narrowed, something that Lennard was used to. Being on the road to redemption carried a bit of a stigmata to it.
Lenard shifts uneasily under the scrutiny of the Master’s gaze. It was common knowledge throughout the temple of Lenard’s transgression. It hadn’t made him popular among the rank and file of the order.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 am “Despite my better Judgement, I promised the head of your order Lord Coake I would try to find a place for you here...” Her voice softened and her smile returned, “Everyone deserves another chance.” She hands you what looks like a flyer advertising some sort of sporting event. “Something is going on out near Kingsdale; a Juicer sports competition called a murderthon, and they've specifically invited a representative of the Tomorrow Legion to attend.” Dhara's expression is thoughtful. “Juicer sports in general are bloody, savage competitions and nothing we truly want to be involved in. However, I hear this particular murderthon is going to be more restrained.” Dhara laughs.
Lenard didn’t find it so funny. Lenard was aware of the so called “Murderthon.” Everyone avoided the event like a plague. There was some rumors of some of the never-do-wells in the temple making money off the event, but Lenard dismissed these claims off hand as idle gossip. “I…” Opened his mouth to speak a protest on being assigned to such an awful task, but immediately snapped it shut with the self awareness of how any protest might look due to his recent history.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 am “I have my doubts, but the fact remains that this an unprecedented opportunity for the legion to reach out and build relationships with nearby realms. Kingsdale is a very prosperous and influential city-state. We need a closer relationship with them. This region has a history with Juicers ever since the Juicer Uprising.” The dwarf nods towards you. ”Therefore, I am requesting that you attend the murderthon. If I can I will make the request to others within these castle walls. So far I have yet to find any takers. If you agree keep your eyes open and remember you represent all of us. Go show them who we are.”She paused and slid a paper form towards you across the desk. A pen rolled after it. A simple Legionnaire contract for field duty. A quick glance at it beyond the standard legalize was that the job paid 10,000 credits, and an experience of a life time. With some amount of gravitas she solemnly says, “I know you might have had other plans for this afternoon and week, but what say you?”
“A diplomatic mission, and such an important one.. Are you sure that I am the one for this job considering my… reputation?” It might be chance to finally restore his standing among the Jedi however his standing was not more important than the good of the order. “I do not wish my presents to be look on as an insult to the people of Kingsdale.”
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The master dwarve nodded slowly. She slid the psych eval underneath her dossiers and retrieved a photo of an Altaran woman. Closest alien Lenard might recognize would be one of the Meralukan’s that are born blind and naturally see through the force. The dwarve grimaced slightly, “ Despite what happened in your passed. A great man I trust, told me I can entrust this mission to you. So here we are. I am not sure what will happen when you go to the murderthon. But... Putting a good foot forward, and establishing relations with our neighbors is essential to our survival. Also...”

She slid the photo of the blind woman to @Lenard Hill, “ This woman has gone missing. She was brought in confused and barely coherent. Freshly freed from her Splugorth masters it would seem. We are asking all teams to keep an eye out for her. I suspect she is need of our help.”

She leaned forward and steepled her fingers, “ Anything else mister Hill?”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lenard Hill

Post by Lenard Hill »

OOC Comments
Know [dice:2f6yoq5c]60317:0[/dice:2f6yoq5c]
Wild [dice:2f6yoq5c]60317:1[/dice:2f6yoq5c]
"An Altaran!? She needs our help? Who is she?"
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lenard Hill wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:33 pm
OOC Comments
Know [dice:2fxwm6kx]60317:0[/dice:2fxwm6kx]
Wild [dice:2fxwm6kx]60317:1[/dice:2fxwm6kx]
"An Altaran!? She needs our help? Who is she?"
The dwarven woman nodded her head slowly. She spoke with no certainty only faith in those that had brought her in, ”I am no expert on the Splugorth and their warrior women. But she was brought in by a member of the 77th CIT, Luke. Rest his soul. He said we needed to look after her. She remained unconscious for a time and as of twelve hours ago went missing... Truthfully she may have been missing for longer as she had no room mate.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lenard Hill

Post by Lenard Hill »

"I'll keep an eye out for her. What kind of travel arrangements have been made? Do we have a dossier on my companions on this journey? Who is the contact point at Kingsdale?"
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Dhara’s eyes narrowed at the travel arrangement request. Sure the legion had vehicles in their motor pool parked outside the castle but they were usually reserved for more accomplished teams or for folks that had built up a bit of collateral with the legion. They were not for folks that broke oaths...

She firmly stated, ”Sadly there are no vehicles available at this time. Perhaps in the future if this mission goes well one could be assigned. The road to Kingsdale is well traveled, not to say something bad could not happen, but the risk is minimal. If you do not have a vehicle walking briskly is and has been a fine mode of transportation for this kind of short distance.”

Her tone softened some, ”As for a team... Honestly we are a bit short handed with so many resources dedicated to Psyscape, Stormspire etc... Plus what we can spare to the town of Shamlin... Just outside of Dweomer. The 77th CIT has been missing for a couple of weeks, and the CS seems intent on demolishing that poor town... So...” She coughed slightly a little bit flustered, ”I am asking anyone who is left to head to this murderthon. Uh the point person in Kingsdale, I believe her name is Helga. She worked closely from what I understand with the 24th COT. I am not 100% sure if she will be at the murderthon. Some folks just do not go for the savagery.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lenard Hill

Post by Lenard Hill »

Lenard didn't like that look. He knew what she was thinking. The force always was strong with Lenard but when the walls of Tolkeen came down the panic had set in... The panic was beginning to rise in him again. He felt the walls closing in around him. His palms grew sweaty. He longed to be away. Away from this women, away from everyone.

Calm yourself young Jedi. Fear leads to the darkside.... As you well know.

"Uh yeah..." Lenard took a moment and just breathed as his training taught him. Slowly he was able to shove the panic down. Lenard had a long look in his eye. He might be looking at the dwarf or looking at the wall. One can never be too sure about these things.

"I will not fail in this task. Master."

Return to “Adventure Forum”