Pre Adventure Part 1: The Warmup (Lu Lu)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Pre Adventure Part 1: The Warmup (Lu Lu)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Being relegated to the medic unit at castle refuge was all fine and dandy. Never really the glorious or thrilling tales that some of the sets came back with. Heck the ladies and gentlemen in the second set would come into the infirmary talking about wild tales of steal dragon balls right from undeath said dragon. No nothing that glanorious ever happened in the medical ward of castle refuge. Ocassionally the most weird thing would be a red headed young technowizard whose face was slightly freckled and whose smile just seemed to light up the room in what could only be described as awkward. He would visit about once a week during her shifts with some kind of minor injury. One week a 2nd degree burn on his hand from overcharging a toaster, another his right eye was immobile after modifying a pair of TW goggles. His name was Taylor Thomas. Word was he had just returned from the lands in the south Vampire Kingdoms.

One day he came in to the ward with no injury but a letter asking Lu Lu to report to Darhara Hammerheart.

He smiled slightly shy, glad to see her but unsure of what exactly to say, “Ahh.. Hey Lu Lu. I got a letter for you. So... Anything happening?” Besides the odd Vernulian snake creature medic the medical ward was empty. “Ahh yeah sorry I don’t have a scrap on me for you to check out. I mean I am glad you don’t need me to check you out...” The young texhnowizard’s eyes narrowed as his frustration mounted. He muttered looking down at the letter he had handed her, “Crap on a stick... Remember what Jude said... Breathe...” He looked up and ruffled his firey red hair and took a deep breathe, ”Say if you are not doing anything tomorrow I would love to show you something awesome... Uhhh in my lab of course.” His face grew redder and it seemed like he might pass out, “Anyways... The letter for you to check me out... Crap...” Despite the fluster he handed her the letter.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Lucinda sighed as she checked another item off the supply list. Inventory wasn't her favorite task. She probably could have gotten away with procrastinating it for another few days, but the only other thing to do right now was talk to Spret, the Vernulian snake creature medic. He was a nice enough guy, but currently he was molting. Not only did that make him itchy and cranky, but it really made her want to pick off chunks of his peeling skin. They really didn't have the kind of friendship where that was appropriate. So instead of trying to chat him up, Lulu distracted herself with inventory and supply ordering. It kept her eyes on the clipboard and off of the little bit of scale dangling over Spret's shirt collar.

When Taylor burst through the door, and he always seemed to burst through doors like he'd been running down the hall full tilt, she looked up startled. She smiled up at him and grabbed the adhesive nano bandages off the shelf in front of her before moving to meet him by the door. It was an unspoken rule that when Spret was molting, everyone else answered the door and the communication calls. Itchy and cranky wasn't good for panicky patients.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:59 amHe smiled slightly shy, glad to see her but unsure of what exactly to say, “Ahh.. Hey Lu Lu. I got a letter for you. So... Anything happening?” Besides the odd Vernulian snake creature medic the medical ward was empty. “Ahh yeah sorry I don’t have a scrap on me for you to check out. I mean I am glad you don’t need me to check you out...” The young texhnowizard’s eyes narrowed as his frustration mounted. He muttered looking down at the letter he had handed her, “Crap on a stick... Remember what Jude said... Breathe...” He looked up and ruffled his firey red hair and took a deep breathe, ”Say if you are not doing anything tomorrow I would love to show you something awesome... Uhhh in my lab of course.” His face grew redder and it seemed like he might pass out, “Anyways... The letter for you to check me out... Crap...” Despite the fluster he handed her the letter.
Lulu cocked her head as he stuttered through what he came in for. Tucking the bandages in her lab coat pocket, she reached out to lay the back of her hand on his forehead. It was a very low-tech, imprecise method of checking for a fever, but it had the benefit of being a time-honored, non-threatening way for medical professionals to get their hands on a patient. "You sure you're okay? You don't feel like you have a fever, but you look flushed. Have you been experimenting with those electric eel secretions again? I'm telling you, even if it could benefit cybernetic implants, nobody wants to rub eel juice on their skin." She chuckled at the reference to last week's trip to the infirmary, hoping it would put him at ease. She took her hand off his forehead and took the letter from his slightly damp hands. "If it's not eels, what are you working on in your lab? I mean, yes. I'd love to see it, you know, if you want to show me... if only to check out your safety precautions." Lulu chewed nervously on the edge of her smile.
His eagerness was so infectious. She cleared her throat, tucked the letter in her other lab pocket and turned to straighten the already straight blood draw kit on the counter beside the door. "I have to work the morning rounds, but I'll be free around 10. Do you want to meet in the cafeteria for coffee, then you can show me which lab is yours?"
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 1/15
First Aid kit: 2/3
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Later on Lulu read the letter and to her chagrin she would have to miss the date. Lulu please report to cargo bay two. There you will pick up a horse, and wagon. Please head to these coordinates by this date and time. Await your team. You will be heading to Kingsdale and representing the tomorrow legion at a murderthon. I wish we had more time to discuss but something is happening in Africa and the war council is convening. Yours truly Serena Stargazer...

Getting the horse was easy enough, and carrige too. Hank the tank a burley juicer quater master greeted you eagerly, “Ah you must be Lulu... easy there just hop up and take the reigns. Everything is all hitched, just head down that road and you will be fine...” His voice trailed off, “Oh snicker snap. Looks like Granny loaded you up with food. Being a Hyperion myself I love that home cooking.”

For once in your life you were early making it to the clearing with plenty of time to spare. Its too bad something heavy hit you in the head knocking you out.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Adventure Forum”