Pre Adventure 1: Getting Ready (all players)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

With a mission in hand and the promise of 10k in credits plus whatever else Dhara might have promised the adventurers have a moment to gather, compose, and get ready for such a trek. Kingsdale is a close city state probably three to 4 days of walking. Roads are generally well travelled and with winter nearing it might be a little less than normal. There sometimes is an odd gargoyle attack but generally it is a safe road to travel. Even better there are the occasional sign or marker pointing the way.

The castle is not nearly as busy as it normally is. Scuttle but was Psyscape and Stormspire both needed some aid from the Tomorrow Legion and so most teams were reassigned. Something also happened outside Dweomer that had many in the legion in a huff and so some technical and arcane personal were assigned to a place called Shamlin. All this meant was it was hard to find anyone worth anything to get something.

The eerie calm in the stone halls of the castle reminds the left over legionnaires of another time when they were alone. Give us a glimpse into something from your past about when you found yourself alone. If you want to find a small item such as a couple smoke grenades, cheap laser pistol, small PPE battery, tent, jacket, food for a couple days, etc make a networking roll at -2 for the castle being so empty. Networking rolls are typically Persuasion or Intimidation (I’ll tell you, how you treat people you work with will matter down the road).
Special Snowflake Jane Doe
So you find our self in the middle of nowhere with a sign you cannot possibly read. The road seems marked enough. There is a forest of some kind of large spindly looking trees near. The faint sound of a brook comes from the south. The wind is chilly as the sun starts to set and your tummy rumbles. Give us a survival roll at -2 and based on the roll tell us what your night is like. Jane Doe vs. Wild so to speak!
42 gets a +2 for being friends with a TW.

You guys can ignore any modifiers for you being aliens or D-bees. Unless it is the major version.

Once folks have a chance to get some minor useful piece of gear on we go!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Heading out to find Tyler, Forty Two was excited as could be. Coming into the supply garage he was abuzz with excitement. "It's true, it is true. They are sending me out on a mission, a real life honest to goodness mission!"

Looking up from where he was working all Tyler could think is no way does he ever want to go in the field again. After last time he had had all the field experience he would ever like to have. "That's great Forty-Two. I know you have been wanting a chance to shine for a while and now you will have it. I am going to miss you around the shop here though, so i hope you do it proud and make it worth it to send you out."

"Oh yeah, I will help them, we are going to make friends with some juicers in Merc Town and I am great at making friends." The conversation devolves into some back and forth as Forty Two shares all his expectations with Tyler before finally getting back on track. "So Tyler, one of the disadvantages of going out in the field is we may not always have ley lines and friendly people I can renew myself with. Do you think you could requisition a couple of PPE batteries for me. Not big ones, even a couple rings will do. But I do not want to starve and wake up 100 years from now when some one i don't know find my laying on the dirt."

Networking 14
Persuasion d6+2
Persuasion [dice:6879n2bk]60404:0[/dice:6879n2bk]
Wild [dice:6879n2bk]60404:1[/dice:6879n2bk]

Benny
Persuasion [dice:6879n2bk]60404:2[/dice:6879n2bk] Ace [dice:6879n2bk]60404:4[/dice:6879n2bk]
Wild [dice:6879n2bk]60404:3[/dice:6879n2bk]

+2 From Tyler for a 14 total
Aggelos

Re: Pre Adventure 1: Getting Ready

Post by Aggelos »

No ride, no supplies, no back up. This was beginning to remind Angel of home, one of her fathers training exercises. Smiling at the memories she heads to her bunk and packs up the meager belongings that she'd acquired since coming to this Earth. Figuring her foe in the supply depot was milking his "injuries" and probably off work and drunk already she decides to head down to supply to look for some odds and ends.

She arrives to find the QMs assistant talking to some kind of doll. Boys and their toys "Hey, um. Any chance you could set the doll, or "action figure" or whatever it you call it aside for a few and help a girl out. I need a spare clip or two and if you have them a couple of speed loaders for a colt peacemaker would be great. Also, being a supply nerd do you know of anyone on their way to Kingsdale anytime soon?" She tries to keep her tone light and joking with the young clerk and hopes that he doesn't much like his boss.
Persuasion to network
Persuasion [dice:1uc2demz]60412:0[/dice:1uc2demz]
Wild [dice:1uc2demz]60412:1[/dice:1uc2demz]

Benny to reroll
Persuasion [dice:1uc2demz]60412:2[/dice:1uc2demz]
Wild [dice:1uc2demz]60412:3[/dice:1uc2demz] Ace [dice:1uc2demz]60412:4[/dice:1uc2demz] Ace! [dice:1uc2demz]60412:5[/dice:1uc2demz]
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Reading the new person 18
Notice [dice:49isxbqy]60415:0[/dice:49isxbqy]
Wild [dice:49isxbqy]60415:1[/dice:49isxbqy] Ace [dice:49isxbqy]60415:2[/dice:49isxbqy], Ace Aced [dice:49isxbqy]60415:3[/dice:49isxbqy]
Forty Two looked up at the new person. She seems really rude, maybe she does not have any friends, maybe she just needs a friend. But then he realizes she is going to Kingsdale! "Kingsdale! I am going there too. I get to help make an alliance. We should travel together. I can help you out."

The 6" pixie flew up away rediculous speeds spinning around her checking her out. "You could totally use my help, because I can tell you don't have many friends. And I could use your help because I am not a warrior."

Pulling back about six feet the 6" tall sprite nods. "I am Forty Two, this is Tyler Thomas, what's your name?

"I don't have any Psi Warrior friends and you don't have any dragon friends. So this will be afirst for both if us.

"What type of psi warrior are you? Are you like a Cyber Knight, maybe a Mind Melter, oh, maybe you have guns so like your a sniper?"

Shining sweaty back to Tyler Forty Two asks. "What do you think Tyler? Do you know her?"
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

42 and Aggy
Tyler Thomas after his shift at the quarter masters comes back to his friend 42. He brushes his red hair off his freckled face. He smiled at his friend producing from his belt pouch a small statue that was faintly glowing green. It looked like a figurine of some kind. Roughly humanoid, perhaps some kind of soldier that was brandishing twin daggers. The figurine was all black and its ears were exaggerated and longer than a normal human. Enthusiastically he handed it to 42, " Here take it... I almost did not finish it. Some girl came in bothering me about this and that. Wanted a speed loader and some bullets... Haha, what are we in the new west?" He chuckled and got that dreamy look in his eye, " She reminded me of this hot True Atlantean Badass named Krys. Well she kept going on and on about Kingsdale and who was going or coming. After I gave her one of those loaders and a box of bullets for her ARCHAIC weapons she finally left. Ain't no one going to Kingsdale..." He paused looking at 42 concerned, " Except you right? Think she knows?" He shrugged and kept going returning to his exuberance, " Anyway, It took me the better part of the day, but I did it. Say hello to Ndreare... " The teenager held up the figurine and it sparkled with a faint green blue energy as its arms and legs whirled in a beautiful and somewhat deadly dance brandishing miniature silver knives,"This awesome black elf wizard fighter that I used to run with south in the vampire kingdoms. Saved my skin a time or two. One of those real legendary heroes folks around here always talk about. I have been working on this for a few weeks, and put in a PPE battery just for you 42."

The freckled faced teenage technowizard smiled wide his eyes glistened with raw emotion as he handed the precious item over, " For you friend." The way the technowizard said friend, you got a feeling he did not have any.

Aggy:
-2 speed loaders, silver but tarnished. Not well kept. as it seemed the TW did not respect that kind of tech.
- box of bulletts for the colt (25 bullets), however all 25 bullets were stamped with an impressive scripted V. Well balanced and packing a punch. +1 to shoot and +2 damage with these 25 bullets.

42:
-1 exquisite figurine of Ndreare the night elf wizard warrior pre Cosmo Knight. Has 10 PPE, PPE regenerates 5 pts per hour on a leyline: Priceless. For the cost of 1 PPE the figurine comes alive doing a delicate and deadly martial kata with twin silver blades in hand. It is about six inches tall.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Accepting the gift Forty Two is floored. "This, this is so nice. I cannot thank you enough Tyler."
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Jane Doe vs Wild
Setting Mod: -2
Untrained: -2
Drug Induced Tranquility: -1
[*] Survival (1d4) [dice:3cmbjb8l]60422:0[/dice:3cmbjb8l]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:3cmbjb8l]60422:1[/dice:3cmbjb8l]
The drug induced comma certainly didn't help things, but being new to this planet really sucked. Jane was lucky in some respects and in others well not so much.

Not really certain how to tell friend from foe, she began by utiizing the sun to get her bearings and direction. Trusting that she could catch anything that moved, she proceeded on.
Lenard Hill

Re: Pre Adventure 1: Getting Ready (all players)

Post by Lenard Hill »

OOC Comments
persuasion [dice:2jyi1l9m]60468:0[/dice:2jyi1l9m]
Wild [dice:2jyi1l9m]60468:1[/dice:2jyi1l9m]
Lenard hurried through the halls of the temple moving his brown hood to cover his face as he scuttled through the massive complex. Even with the temple empty he didn't have many friends, and he was in to much of a hurry to be harassed.

He quickly ducks into a side hall as he almost ran right into a group of elves laughing as they went.

close one lenard.

Too close... One of the elves gives him the stink eye, but not a second thought as he continues dow. The hall without breaking stride.

After the gang past Lenard continued to his destination, lady Ivea, Lenard's mentor in the ways of the force.

As he bursts into Lady Ivea's office he was greeted by the calming scented candles, and the soft hum of a white noise machine. The site of the old but comfortable brown couch brought back fond memories of countless hours of discussing the force.

"Master! Master! I have my first mission!! I was wondering if I could borrow your side arm for the mission" Lenard points to a sword hanging on the wall. Lady Ivea had once been a great Jedi Knight before retiring from active duty to help guide others on their journeys.
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

Forty-Two wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:07 pm
Reading the new person 18
Notice [dice:348j5h5f]60415:0[/dice:348j5h5f]
Wild [dice:348j5h5f]60415:1[/dice:348j5h5f] Ace [dice:348j5h5f]60415:2[/dice:348j5h5f], Ace Aced [dice:348j5h5f]60415:3[/dice:348j5h5f]
Forty Two looked up at the new person. She seems really rude, maybe she does not have any friends, maybe she just needs a friend. But then he realizes she is going to Kingsdale! "Kingsdale! I am going there too. I get to help make an alliance. We should travel together. I can help you out."

The 6" pixie flew up away rediculous speeds spinning around her checking her out. "You could totally use my help, because I can tell you don't have many friends. And I could use your help because I am not a warrior."

Pulling back about six feet the 6" tall sprite nods. "I am Forty Two, this is Tyler Thomas, what's your name?

"I don't have any Psi Warrior friends and you don't have any dragon friends. So this will be afirst for both if us.

"What type of psi warrior are you? Are you like a Cyber Knight, maybe a Mind Melter, oh, maybe you have guns so like your a sniper?"

Shining sweaty back to Tyler Forty Two asks. "What do you think Tyler? Do you know her?"
Breifly startled when 42 "comes to life" the surprise is quickly replaced with matter of fact acceptance. "Oh, you're a sentient... And talkative. <sigh> I am Aggelos Nem. What I do is often called psi-slinger, I used telekinetics to shoot bullets harder and get shot less." She switches to Draconic with a faint smile. "I guess neither of us should make assumptions." Then back in American. "Well unless you can ley line phase you'll slow me down, but I'm in no hurry so I guess we can travel together. If chummly... Taylor was it? Can't point us to a group in need of guards setting out soon, I'm ready to go when you are."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Zipping around the room at speeds that are hard to perceive 42 slows down a moment and whips back over to in front of @Aggelos. "Well @Aggelos, good to meet you. I just need to pack my laser cannon and go put on my armor. Any chance you can do the ley line phase thing with a passenger? i have never done that before. Well i have teleported, but normally that is limited to going where I can see. But I mean you can like ride a whole line all the way from one end to the other that is awesome." Somehow with out taking a breath the creature keeps talking. "You know what I can do lots of magic. Maybe we can work together and I can do magic for you, and you can do what you do for me?"

"I have never been able to chat with an Atlantean before normally they are to busy fighting evil and stuff. But if we travel together I can help you fight evil and we can be like cool evil fighting partners." Making sure his statue is secured next to his laser Cannon Forty Two follows @Aggelos. His chatter continues until she breaks and tells him directly to shut up. However once that happens Forty Two seems to have no trouble going without speaking and does not even seem offended by the words.
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Lulu was running late. This wasn't usually her style. She'd been directed to head out to Kingsdale, but then she'd gotten roped into a emergency surgery when she tried to gather supplies in the infirmary. After the lives were saved, limbs reattached, and everyone was put into recovery, she'd been too exhausted to do more than strip out of her bloody scrubs and climb into bed. When her standard alarm went off in the morning, Lulu had rolled out of bed with fresh determination to get out on her first mission. She was anxious to see what lay beyond the dark castle walls and maybe have an adventure like the heroes she patched up week after week.

First she started with the things she'd need from her room. Yesterday she'd started packing clothes, and today she jammed a couple extra things in the bottom of her backpack. She locked her room door before slipping down the hall. If she went to the cafeteria first, she could get coffee and some traveling food before hitting up the infirmary during morning rounds when most of the staff was in the recovery ward.

Her boots echoed down the stone hallway. The building was empty and quiet. Not just the quiet of early morning, but quiet of abandoned. It reminded her of the time when a plague had ravaged her small village. During the thick of the sickness, she'd been too busy to think, but afterwards, when the recovered and spared had started the clean up, she'd had to go into abandoned cabins and houses alone to search and clear them. The empty houses had been left as though their occupants were coming right back and it was eerie to walk through another's private space. It had made her eternally thankful to the heavens that her family had been spared.

Lulu tried to shake off the gloom. She looked down the cross ways and strained to hear the noise of others behind their doors. She didn't encounter anyone until she turned the corner into the kitchens. A few old men were sitting around a far table drinking out of coffee cups, and her favorite cook was alone by the serving table. Glenda gave her a toothless grin and waved her over. Lulu smiled back and gave the flour-dusted lady a hug. "Granny Glenda, do you have any of those fritters I like so much? I'm headed out to Kingsdale and I've got rations, but your cooking is so much better than pre-packed nutrients."
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 1/15
First Aid kit: 2/3
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

@LuLu Granny spits and gives you a wink. With a bit of slow drawl as she mouthers her chewing tar and says, “Home cooking it is Lulu. Stargazer already gave me the heads up on your jaunt to Kingsdale. Loaded two crates with enough nutrient packs... Hehe enjoy your time out in the sun kid.” Wow was granny being nice. There was probably no way juicers would ransack and ambush her for food.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:32 pm @LuLu Granny spits and gives you a wink. With a bit of slow drawl as she mouthers her chewing tar and says, “Home cooking it is Lulu. Stargazer already gave me the heads up on your jaunt to Kingsdale. Loaded two crates with enough nutrient packs... Hehe enjoy your time out in the sun kid.” Wow was granny being nice. There was probably no way juicers would ransack and ambush her for food.
"Great! Thank you!"
Lulu munched on a chunk of fried dough and sucked on a travel bottle of coffee as she pushed the cart of nutrients down the hall to the infirmary. Once there she filled up her first aid kit and donned the Triax Field Medic armor Doctor Tam had given her last night. He said it wasn't doing anyone any good in the storage room and she might as well have it. She thought she looked like a medieval knight with the full face mask on, but it would keep her warm and dry in the weather. Winter was fast approaching and she knew the risks that cold, wet clothing posed to one's health. She whistled as she loaded her gear and the crates into the wagon the stable master provided for her. This was going to be fun!
Attachments
Triax T12.jpg
Triax T12.jpg (45.78 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 1/15
First Aid kit: 2/3
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards: