Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3401
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:58 pm

All roads lead to a clearing surrounded by tall knotted oaks. The clearing is low cut grass, and occasional rock or two. Nothing that you could really call cover. The leyline turned away from the clearing making it one of the farthest points from the glowing blue line. Through happenstance, luck or divine providence each pair arrives to this clearing at the same time. A broken down wagon with laser blast scoring is in the middle of it. There seems to be something glinting in the noon time sun in its wooden wreckage. The wind rustles, and each duo sees each other... Clearly not an ambush... At least the fridged cold had abated some whilst the sun was shining bright.

The road to Kingsdale is across the clearing to the south east. You probably have about half a days journey left until you reach the murderthon. The sun is high so if you pushed on there is a great chance you could make it before sun down. Rumor is Kingsdale has some fine taverns! Only problem, you got to cross a grassy no man’s land. Who knows what these other blokes are up to, plus anything could be hiding in those trees! Definitely not an ambush.
Common Kn roll to recognize other Legionaries of the Tomorrow Legion. Raise, you know their name!
Make a Notice roll vs a 12, notice checks can include the keen sense of smell (dog-boys etc) and gain a +2 from a pungent smell
Notice vs Stealth! 1d8+4 = 11: 7 wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6 ace 1d6: 2
Fail: You do not notice anything
Success: You see some humanoid shapes behind some of the trees to the north
Raise: You see an assortment of juicers and possibly black market enforcers.

Danger Sense Special: Just roll the above notice and note you have danger sense as well.

Feel free to RP a tad as you all come into this clearing from a series of westerly directions. Make the notice roll!

Lulu if you want in, I was thinking you are what is glinting in the wagon. You were attacked a few hours ago, and now are just coming too.
Attachments
BCD3074C-8F1C-45D3-AD36-53BEB5D7482F.jpeg
DAF8AA5A-B88A-4AC1-B3A9-11BAC919C054.jpeg
DAF8AA5A-B88A-4AC1-B3A9-11BAC919C054.jpeg (27.08 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Players)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Shazam!

Jane felt the sun on her face and was certainly aware of the other features of the day, though she did not have names to fit the descriptions.

Notice 7
Alertness: +2
Clueless: -1
Drug Induced Tranquility: -1
[*] Notice (1d6) 1d6: 6
[*] Aced! Notice (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 7: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 1
Common Knowledge -3
Composite Modifier: -6
[*] Common Knowledge (1d4) 1d4: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 2

She had spent the last few hours changing her appearance to look like the two highwayman. Even using their voices to fit Tex and Danny.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm
Tex looked at the woman and back at the cyber knight. He had grown quiet, far to quiet. He nodded clearly the smarter of the two. “ Yeah it sounded like you did say that Danny. Something fishy is going on. Look, we need to meet some friends, so we will be moving along.”
Performance 5
HJ: +1
[*] Performance (1d6) 1d6: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 4
74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:28 pm
Due to her proximity to the two highwayman, Tex and Danny, Jane begins fiddling with impersonation. She makes alteration to herself that give her a look of Two Face, even making alteration to her exterior clothing (not her armor).

Left side looks like Tex with straight greasy black hair and eyes of a deep brown. His face is creased from too many days in the sun and not much personal hygene. He did have the common sense to be wearing earth tones and Jane mimiced those as well as his voice pattens.

Right side looks like Danny with curly sandy blonde hair and hazel green eyes. His youthfulness can be seen in the chubbiness of a face that has yet to lose all its babyfat or maybe he was just a little hefty. Jane cannot tell the difference as humans come in all shapes and sizes, unlike Altarans. His clothes were a dusty grey and Jane was doing her best to find ways to copy that.
In Danny's voice: "What kind of friends would only send two people for a robbery?"

In Tex's voice: "The kind that want you dead?"

In Danny's voice: "Exactly. They must have thought we were idiots."

In Tex's voice: "Well it's a good thing that our friends had set up that ambush. Right, Danny?"

In Danny's voice: "They certainly had our backs, didn't they, Tex?"

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Players)

Post by Keith » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:22 pm

OOC Comments
Common Knowledge 1d4-2 = 1: 3
Wild Die 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Notice 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5

User avatar
Lenard Hill
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Players)

Post by Lenard Hill » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm

OOC Comments
know 1d4: 2
Wild 1d6: 5
Notice 1d6: 1
Wild 1d6: 3

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Common Knowledge
CK 1d4: 3
Wild 1d6: 3
Notice
Notice 1d6: 3
Wild 1d6: 1
Danger Sense
Notice +2, 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 4/20
Bennies: /3

Edit Signature

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm

OOC Comments
Notice 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4

Common Knowledge 1d4: 1
Wild 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4

Forty two moves into the clearing and upon seeing the other legionnaires was excited. So excited in fact he completely missed the juicers hiding in not ambush. "Oh WOW!" He said zipping towards the middle of the clearing, his voice somehow projecting out loudly enough via arcane power to be clearly heard by all. "We did not know other legionnaires would be here. "Rena, Léonard, How are you? Did you know I am on an official mission now. Then sent Aggy to watch me and keep me safe."

Zipping around he says. "Hey Aggy, check this out. Its more Legionnaires, did you know we would have allies on the road? This is so cool, we can catch up and talk about what are missions are.

"We are going on a mission to Kingsdale. I don't know if they have a king, but we are going there. Where are you going?"
Bennies 0. PPE: 0, ISP: 0
3 Quarterly Reset
-1 Giant Elemental Spells reroll
-1 Extra PPE
-1 Reroll Repair
42
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 1 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:06 pm

As soon as they enter the clearing Aggy gets the gut-punched feeling that tells her the fan is about to meet some shit at a high rate of speed. Her first instinct is that it's from one or both of the other couples approaching the clearing. She's about to warn Forty-Two and has her guns half drawn when the little guy begins to gush excitedly to them.
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Forty two moves into the clearing and upon seeing the other legionnaires was excited. So excited in fact he completely missed the juicers hiding in not ambush. "Oh WOW!" He said zipping towards the middle of the clearing, his voice somehow projecting out loudly enough via arcane power to be clearly heard by all. "We did not know other legionnaires would be here. "Rena, Léonard, How are you? Did you know I am on an official mission now. Then sent Aggy to watch me and keep me safe."

Zipping around he says. "Hey Aggy, check this out. Its more Legionnaires, did you know we would have allies on the road? This is so cool, we can catch up and talk about what are missions are.

"We are going on a mission to Kingsdale. I don't know if they have a king, but we are going there. Where are you going?"
Despite the urge to find cover she follows the simulacrum out into the clearing with her colts drawn. "Are you sure about them? Something is off here and they all look kinda shifty." In particular she eyes the weirdo talking to herself and the hesitant seeming robed person with her. Then she looks over the clearing, eyes settling on the wagon. Maybe that's trapped
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 4/20
Bennies: /3

Edit Signature

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by LuLu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:58 pm
Lulu if you want in, I was thinking you are what is glinting in the wagon. You were attacked a few hours ago, and now are just coming too.
Lulu's eyes blink open and she groans. Even through display of her helmet, the sun in her face is bright and her head throbs with pain. It takes her a minute before she remembers what happened. An attack. They'd shot at her, scaring the horse and overturning her cart! "Fluck a duck!" Where was she now? She dared not move her head, in case of a neck fracture.

'First move your toes and fingers, check for pain in the torso and neck...Okay. feet move, hands are unbound and move...' Carefully she moved her fingers up into her line of sight. Her hands were unbound and the only pain was in her head. Probably a concussion. She closed her eyes as she drew her power to her hands. "Fii... Vin...decat" She mumbled as her hands smoothed over the faceplate of her helmet. It was a simple healing spell, a power she'd discovered she could do when she was a young teen at the coaching of her grandmother, the local wise woman. She was the old lady who folks went to when their animals or a family member was ailing. Gumma Adela used to take her along when she visited the sick and taught her many of the old folk remedies that were used when other medicines were too expensive or unavailable.

It only took a moment for the power to soak into Lulu's head and for the pain to recede. She sighed with relief and gathered her strength to sit up. She was still in the cart, but the cart was on it's side, holes blasted through the panels. She grabbed a panel and hauled herself to her feet, the boards were frosty and her booted foot slipped. She cursed again as she tumbled forward, bursting out of the side of the wagon and onto the frosty grass beyond. Thankful she was alone, for she hadn't heard or seen anyone else around, Lulu managed to pick herself up and finally stand near the wreckage of her cart. She could see her gear scattered nearby, but she didn't see the crates of nutrients Granny Glenda had sent with her for Kingsdale.
"Dragon balls!" she muttered under her breath. She scanned the area, trying to remember where she was and how far she had to go to get to Kingsdale.
Skill Checks
Healing Power Faith: 1d10: 2
Wild: 1d6: 1
Unnecessary
Notice: 1d6: 5
Wild: 1d6: 4
Common Knowledge: 1d6: 5
Wild: 1d6: 2
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 7/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Jane begin registering other voices as she and Leonard approached the over turned ... whatever. At least she thought it was overturned.

Maybe this thing moved with wheels in the air and not on the ground. Then Jane heard the moans from inside a container beneath the earth vehicle that moved with its wheels in the air.

@Lenard Hill Pointing to the heap in the middle, "What is that mess? Most other places a vehicle travels with its wheels on the ground."

Jane also makes mental notes of the new voices approaching and begins analyzing them according to Protocol Green Yellow Red.
Forty-Two wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm
Forty two moves into the clearing and upon seeing the other legionnaires was excited. So excited in fact he completely missed the juicers hiding in not ambush. "Oh WOW!" He said zipping towards the middle of the clearing, his voice somehow projecting out loudly enough via arcane power to be clearly heard by all. "We did not know other legionnaires would be here. "Rena, Léonard, How are you? Did you know I am on an official mission now. Then sent Aggy to watch me and keep me safe."

Zipping around he says. "Hey Aggy, check this out. Its more Legionnaires, did you know we would have allies on the road? This is so cool, we can catch up and talk about what are missions are.

"We are going on a mission to Kingsdale. I don't know if they have a king, but we are going there. Where are you going?"
Jane notes an object with wings but can't tell if @Forty-Two is flying, hovering, or hopping across the ground. The high pitched squeel should be easy enough to mimic.

Forty-two's movements bring the smell of machine oil. The kind that are used in weapons, specifically pistols. Her sightless eyes fix their piercing blue orbs on @Aggelos and she recognizes at least the two pistols held in the other figure's hands. Voice catalogued as Aggy.

She leaves Lenard's side and quickly shortens the distance to make shooting pistols as dangerous for Aggy as it is for her.

Performance 6
HJ: +1
[*] Performance (1d6) 1d6: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 5
In a voice close to Aggy's: "So you planning to use those sidearms or are you waving them around for show?"

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm
In a voice close to Aggy's: "So you planning to use those sidearms or are you waving them around for show?"
Laughing out loud, Forty-Two flies only a dozen feet from Jane Doe. "Ha, that's great, you sounded just like her. Pretty cool."

LuLu wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm
"Dragon balls!" she muttered under her breath. She scanned the area, trying to remember where she was and how far she had to go to get to Kingsdale.

Then hearing the moans Forty-Two buzzes over to the wagon in only a couple seconds Forty Two points out. "Hey, this lady looks hurt." Flying close to the woman Forty-Two says to her. "Do you need help, I am a Legionnaire and can help you if your injured."
Bennies 0. PPE: 0, ISP: 0
3 Quarterly Reset
-1 Giant Elemental Spells reroll
-1 Extra PPE
-1 Reroll Repair
42
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 1 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Keith » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Keith looks around, his big black eyes covered by dark tinted goggles. who the hell are all of these people?! He clears his throat loudly. "I don't know who you people are, but if this is a robbery you're messing with the wrong guy!"

A bright blue electrical field appears around the shape of him, flickering madly.

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Stoic wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Keith looks around, his big black eyes covered by dark tinted goggles. who the hell are all of these people?! He clears his throat loudly. "I don't know who you people are, but if this is a robbery you're messing with the wrong guy!"

A bright blue electrical field appears around the shape of him, flickering madly.
Jane hears the crackle of energy and records another voice as paranoid human male. These Earthlings are so paranoid.

She turns @Keith's direction and smiles, half Danny/half Tex. In Danny's voice, "Come now. Why so jumpy Sparkly?"

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm

74Z3 Jane Doe wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm

In a voice close to Aggy's: "So you planning to use those sidearms or are you waving them around for show?"
Aggys pistols track the juiced up Altara better than she would have expected and nor does proximity phase her aim. Looking Jane in the eye a second. Nope, not this one "When I've identified the threat, the former. You are not it." then turning dismissively to see what Forty-Two was on about.

"You should really do high altitude flyover fir.."
Forty-Two wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm
Then hearing the moans Forty-Two buzzes over to the wagon in only a couple seconds Forty Two points out. "Hey, this lady looks hurt." Flying close to the woman Forty-Two says to her. "Do you need help, I am a Legionnaire and can help you if your injured."
Damn it now we'll be slowed down by wounded. At least it wasn't a trap.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 4/20
Bennies: /3

Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Aggelos wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Aggys pistols track the juiced up Altara better than she would have expected and nor does proximity phase her aim. Looking Jane in the eye a second. Nope, not this one "When I've identified the threat, the former. You are not it." then turning dismissively to see what Forty-Two was on about.
As @Aggelos walks away Jane assumes Aggy's pose holding her recently acquired NG-56 Light Ion Pistol, Jane says in a purposely off-pitch Aggy voice "When I've identified the threat, blah blah blah. You are not it."

This time in Aggy's voice perfectly, "You need to be way faster than that, if you are going to track me earthling."

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Aggelos wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 pm


"You should really do high altitude flyover fir.."
With a clear order Forty Two immediately jumps into action. "Great idea, I am on it @Aggy! Sky high and a view to kill for!" He says as the tiny humanoid robot flies over 100' up into the air looking around.

Forty-Two loved having clear direction on how he can be the most useful and immediately responded. Aggy was turning out to be okay after all. Even if she was still to stuffy.
Bennies 0. PPE: 0, ISP: 0
3 Quarterly Reset
-1 Giant Elemental Spells reroll
-1 Extra PPE
-1 Reroll Repair
42
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 1 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3401
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Kasey’s Ambush in the clearing

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:58 pm


+1 Benny to everyone for great entertaining RP
As the disparate members of the would be field team six made their so called introductions a tall, broad-shouldered man with a long Mohawk steps out of hiding. Well lets face it he more than stepped out. More like shook off a holographic gilly suit, broke out of his well hidden hunting nest, and wiped the cammo paint off his face. In these parts, so close to Kimgsdale there was only one juicer with the training, nerve, and resources to lay in wait for the Legion’s worse... Kasey Jones... He tossed a spoon and large package of Grandma’s trail rations to the ground training a laser rifle on your group. He wore the distinctive harness and armor of a chemically- enhanced Juicer! Towards Jane he scoffed, “Hehe... I see you met some of our friends... Voices are spot on, but looks not even close. What are blind?” Then loudly with a fair amount of bravado he said, ”You're not going to make it to the murderthon, punks,” He said with a sneer. “Widowmaker's gang will be the big winners… you're just a bump in the road.” He paused almost laughing, “Now which one of you is worth ten million to my black market friends? We don’t want to damage you beyond repair.” He smiled grinning at the chance to spill some blood, “You Legionaires are going to remember when you tangled with Kasey!”

Common Kn: Kasey was in the employ of a mega juicer these days. Raise, he is a hyperion juicer!

He moved and twitched as if a blurr! Clearly he must have had some extra treatments done as a juicer. Done talking he started to move forward firing on the gathered members of the soon to be field team six. The other two juicers near him, both with pink mohawks and tattoos of flamewind dragons on their face, moved just as quick firing their iconic juicer rifles keeping pace with Kasey. After the trio fired the moved covering the grassy clearing with ease drawing their vibroswords. As they approached the whites of their eyes were wild with reckless abandon!

Peaking out behind other trees near the road to the east that led to Kingsdale a pair of mercs wearing well maintained bushman armor fired their pulse rifles as well! These non juicers moved with a tactical precision that either indicated they were ex CS commandos or possibly the best soldier the black market could offer: An Enforcer.

Caught with their preverbal pants down the lowest of the legion saw their life flash before their eyes as the faint and familiar whine of lasers lanced out nearly striking them all! @Fourty-Two to its horror saw his new friend Aggy caught by no less than two deadly laser streams. A sense of helplessness came over the robotic dragon. It was eerily familiar seeing friends and family gunned down. But interestingly the badguys did not seem to see you yet. @Lulu... Oh yeah that is what happened while you were waiting for the Legionaires to arrive! The memory of a few hours ago surfaces about how Kasey and his thugs dropped you with a neural mace and a well placed laser.
GM Directions, please read
It seems like someone knew you were coming! Check below for your name, I tried to include the hit roll accounting for cover and their abilities. If you have things like nimble, dodge, a deflection bonus vs tech please apply them yourselves to determine if you got hit. If you were hit, check the damage and spend bennies for soak rolls. Everyone except 42 was fired upon. While I include much of the baddies stats they are far from complete.

Finally toss in a little OCC flash back about a similar experience or perhaps something that is so important to you that death will not take you until it is resolved. Do this and you cannot die this battle, worst is you can be knocked out, maimed etc...

Finally, after resolving any soak rolls(spend those bennies). If wounded make a spirit roll to resolve your shaken status (shaken characters can only take free actions). Also when you begin your turn Jane has a Joker, so everyone gets +1 benny (in addition to the one above). Players go first followed by bad guys!

42 with a successful stealth roll at -2 you can gain the drop on your first attack action.

How the battle went! Please read and find your name. Aggy, Jane, Lenard are listed twice!
North along the tree line:
Kasey WC Hyperion
(2) Hyperion Juicers
Kasey:
  • Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+1, Vigor d10, Shooting d10, Notice d6, fighting d10, Pace: 16; Parry: 7; Toughness: 16 (5). -2 to hit.
    JA-9 Laser Rifle (Range 30/60/120, 4d6 Damage, RoF 1, AP 3; Heavy Beam, ignores laser resistance, Multi-
    Optics Scope
@Lenard Hill
Kasey Moves around the tree line about 10” closer shooting Lenard, letting the rifle sling, and pulling out his vibroblade. Shooting 13, damage (laser, MD, AP 3) 39
Kasey Shooting: one action, both shots at Jedi. Multioptic scope, +4 drop, -2 snap fire... 1d10+3 = 13: 10 wild 1d6+3 = 5: 2 damage 5d6+8 = 31: 4, 3, 4, 6, 6 ace 2d6: 5, 3AP3 MD
Other juicers, One on Aggy, One on Jane
@Aggelos
Juicer moves 10” closer to those at High Road, fires at Aggy, slings the rifle and draws a vibro sword. Shooting 9, Damage (laser, MD, AP3) 36
Vs Aggy 1d10+3 = 9: 6 damage 5d6+8 = 30: 5, 4, 1, 6, 6 ace 2d6: 4, 2AP3 MD
@74Z3 Jane Doe
Juicer moves 10” closer to those at the high road, fires at Jane, slings rifle and draws vibro sword
Vs Jane 1d10+3 = 11: 8 damage 5d6+8 = 27: 1, 3, 5, 5, 5 AP3 MD
East Near the road to Kingsdale
  • (2) BM Enforcers: Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d8, Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 15 (6), Shooting d8, fighting d8, notice
    L-20 Pulse Laser Rifle (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, RoF 3, AP 2; Heavy Pulse)
1st enforcer Rof 3 so no heavy pulse, no Md
@Lenard, @Jane, @Aggelos
1st Enforcer just open fire full auto. Then crouches back behind a tree -2 to hit... Vs Aggy Shooting 8 Damage 18 (laser not MD AP3), VS Jane Shooting 11 Damage 17 (laser, not MD, AP3), VS Lenard Shooting 11 Damage 29 (laser, Not MD, AP3)
Aggy 1d8+5 = 8: 3 damage 5d6+8 = 22: 4, 4, 2, 2, 2 ignore the +8, it is +4... AP3
Jane 1d8+5 = 11: 6 damage 5d6+4 = 17: 3, 2, 1, 2, 5 ap3
Lenard 1d8+5 = 11: 6 damage 5d6+4 = 23: 1, 3, 6, 6, 3 ace 2d6: 2, 4ap3
@Rena, @Lulu, @Keith
2nd Enforcer Peaks out from behind the trees near the road leading to Kimgsdale, goes full auto with his pulse laser rifle, and ducks back behind the tree -2 to hit... Shooting vs Keith, 9 to hit, 14 damage(laser, no MD, AP3). Shooting vs Lulu, 4 to hit (including a -2 cover bonus), 28 damage (AP3, laser, Non MD). Shooting vs Rena 5 to hit, 19 Damage (AP3, laser, no MD).
Keith 1d8+5 = 10: 5 damage 5d6+4 = 14: 1, 1, 5, 2, 1
Rena 1d8+5 = 6: 1 damage 4d6+4 = 19: 5, 4, 5, 1
Lulu 1d8+3 = 5: 2 damage 4d6+4 = 22: 6, 2, 6, 4 ace 2d6: 3, 3
The Drop
Sometimes an attacker is able to catch a foe off-guard and gets “The Drop” on him. The GM decides when this is in effect—usually it's when the victim is bound or completely unaware of an attack. The Drop usually happens up close but the GM can also allow it in other situations as she sees fit (a sniper attacking an unaware and stationary target). The Drop adds +4 to a character's attack and damage rolls against that target for one action. Knockout Blow: If a character takes enough damage to be Shaken or worse from an attacker with The Drop on him, he must make a Vigor roll (at −2 if the attack was to the head) or be knocked unconscious. KO'ed characters stay that way for about half an hour or until the GM decides it's dramatically appropriate to wake up. Note that Knockout Blows come from any kind of damage, not just blows to the head!
Took a wound from a MD weapon and do not have MDC armor? Take a look here for extra fun... Gritty Damage!


Whenever a Wild Card takes a Wound, roll on the Injury Table and apply the results immediately (but roll only once per incident regardless of how many Wounds are actually caused). A hero who takes two Wounds from an attack, for example, rolls once on the Injury Table. Injuries sustained in this way are cured when the Wound is healed. Injuries sustained via Incapacitation may be temporary or permanent as usual.

A Shaken character who's Shaken a second time (from damage) receives a Wound as usual but does not roll on the Injury Table.
AAFB45B3-1E21-4440-B311-10B7DCBCEC52.jpeg
Injury
Initiative, Small mess up here, but Jane drew a Joker.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
  • Quick rerolls 16 or less
  • Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less
  • 53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
  • Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).


Initiative: Bad Guys (1 WC): 2d54: 50, 9
Good Guys:
Keith: 1d54: 18
Aggy(Quick 5 or less): 1d54: 6 reroll 1d54: 10 reroll 1d54: 19
Jane(Redraw 8 or less if aware of combat): 1d54: 54
Lulu(Quick): 1d54: 1 reroll 1d54: 40
42: 1d54: 50
Rena: 1d54: 23
Lenard: 1d54: 49
Map notes: Players are along the West Side (25-20”) or Center(10”). 42 is center 100” up.
Attachments
1DB52041-7525-4BC1-9850-C1272A3920A5.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3401
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:50 am

Read above and resolve anything then post your turn! Action happens as it is posted!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Forty-Two » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Forty Two seeds the Juicer and his Enforcers burst from hiding and unload on his friends! 'Oh no' he thinks top himself, doing a fast circles in the air doing low top cast his spell before again gaining altitude so the enemies could not easily see him Forty Two focuses his mind, then begins casting. A globe of arcane energy explodes from around the juicer ensnaring him in an arcane network of binding bands.

Juicer Fully Entangled & Bound, Vulnerable, Distracted, nasty only attempt to escape suffers -6 to escape
Spellcasting d10+2, MAP -2
Juicer Entangle 2, Greater Entangle +4, Strong +2, Range +2 = 9 PPE Spellcasting 1d10: 1
Wild 1d6: 3
Benny to reroll
Spellcasting 1d10: 2
Wild 1d6: 3
Second Benny
Spellcasting 1d10: 1
Wild 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Then flying towards his injured friend Forty Two called out to @Aggelos. "Aggy, you can fight this, get up and get those people! Your the most powerful Atlantean we have! Your the best Bodyguard I have! He says pushing her to go on, I'd only to shut him up.

"Come on Jane, we need you! Shoot those guys! "
Support Aggy for Shooting +1, Jane for Shooting +1
Persuasion d6+2, -2 MAP
Persuasion 1d6: 2
Persuasion 1d6: 3
Wild 1d6: 6
Reliable
Persuasion 1d6: 3
Persuasion 1d6: 5
Wild 1d6: 5

Forty Two was starting to feel overwhelmed. This was just like when The Black Baron was attacked. Forty Two was so used to hanging out with them. Then suddenly they were all ambushed.

Forty Two could not help the Baron or his men. But he would not let that happen again. It was to much pain for one golem to experience twice!
Bennies
Gained 2 bennies, spent 2 bennies. Do balance 0 in this post
Bennies 0. PPE: 0, ISP: 0
3 Quarterly Reset
-1 Giant Elemental Spells reroll
-1 Extra PPE
-1 Reroll Repair
42
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 1 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Aggelos » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Soak-a-palooza
Vigor 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Vigor 1d8-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2

Vigor 1d8: 2
Wild 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2

Vigor 1d8: 7
Wild 1d6: 2

Injury table 2d6: 6, 6
Sub table 1d6: 5
The juicer ambush catches Aggy just as she had let her guard down. Fuck.. Catching the juicers enhanced rifle shot right to the side of her head Aggy feels her consciousness start to fade and images from the day she traveled to this world play like an ancient black and white show with poor reception...
30 years from now
Nick stared her down defiantly as the stood in front of the Chronogate. "One of us has to stay and keep the bugs from getting the gate Angel. You know this. And since you know fuck all about how to overload it that means it's me. Uncle Lib your uncle Luke put some serious failsafes in it so there's no way to do it remotely." By it he didn't mean just shut down, or destroy the portal. The young TW meant to detonate it spreading lethal fallout over most of North America. A drastic last stab at the now victorious Neo-Xictix to ensure they would spread no more

Blinking back tears She reaches up to caress her lovers cheek. "Damn it Maverick, why do you have to pick now to be right?" Leaning down a bit she kisses him one last time and turns to enter the portal they hoped would allow the timeline to be altered, not split. "See you soon in a world without smartbugs."

The trip through the portal was unlike any rift journey she had taken before. Normally they were near instantaneous like stepping from one room to another. This was more like a long rollercoaster ride on a rickety, swaying track. In a dark place where gravity randomly moved about. Much more disorienting both physically and mentally than anything she had encountered before. Then she was literally shot out of a rift into a camp of some sort. Tumbling across the ground she catches glimpses of rough mercenary types, cages, and miserable looking people in chains. Fucking slavers she has time to think before slamming into a solid object and loosing consciousness.

To Be Continued...
Resist shaken successful
Spirit 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Wild 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Forty-Two wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 pm
Then flying towards his injured friend Forty Two called out to Aggelos. "Aggy, you can fight this, get up and get those people! Your the most powerful Atlantean we have! Your the best Bodyguard I have! He says pushing her to go on, I'd only to shut him up.
She falls to her knees about to pass out but then she goes ridged. No. Not like this. Not to chumps like these... Just No. Raising her gaze to the leader of their attacker Aggelos' upper left side of her face is a scorched mess. Blisters and seepage make it impossible to tell if her eye is even intact and parts of her scalp are burned to the bone. Her good eye glares and a rictus, killers grin forms on her lips. "My turn." Then she stands back up, Her guns, which had fallen from her slack hands, lift from the dirt and fly back into her grip as a hazy energy field forms around her, making her form indistinct.
Free Action: activate Armor. Success +4 toughness, -1 to be hit, -4 to energy weapon danage
Modifiers: wounds -3, Major psi +2. Net -1. Cost: base 1, more armor +1, toughness +2, Shroud +1, major psi bonus +4 for +2 to roll. Total 9 ISP
Psionics 1d8-1 = 5: 6
Wild 1d6-1 = 3: 4
Shooting rolls
Modifiers: Wounds -2, one eye -2, support from 42 +1, vulnerable +2, called shot head -4 wich is negated by sharpshooter. Net -2
Right hand
Shooting 1d8-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2

Left hand
Shooting 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Moving along the edge of the forest Aggy raises her pistols at the now entangled loud mouth who seemed to be in charge. Sighting in on his head she squeezes off a shot from each gun but her lack of depth perception throws her aim off and the shots go wide. Then she steps behind a tree near the middle road to get some cover from their return fire. "These pricks have some nasty guns 42, watch it up there."
Last edited by Aggelos on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 4/20
Bennies: /3

Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Soak Juicer, Vigor of 29 _
[*] Vigor (1d12) 1d12: 12
[*] Aced! (1d12+12) 1d12+12 = 23: 11
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 1
Soak Enforcer, Vigor of 17 _
[*] Vigor (1d12) 1d12: 11
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 3
Burn Baby Burn _
Feel the Burn (9 of 10 remaining)
[*] Burn (1d6) 1d6: 1
Burn Brighter (+6 to Vigor Roll)
Jane hears the series of shots. First comes the Juicer's and she turns into the shot which she shakes off. Her srmor is scorched and scarred and the Tex side goes up in ashes.

The shots from the enforcer are just seconds, maybe minutes apart from the jiucer that shot her. She turns to "look" this assailant coldly in the eyes and feels the impact of the weapon hit her her as she rolls with this damage as well.

Performance 5 _
MAP: -2
Joker: +2
[*] Performance (1d6) 1d6: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 4
In Kasey Jones voice, with a touch of emotion, "I hope girlie, you didn't mess with my boyfriends."

With the pistol she still had in her hand from taunting @Aggelos, Jane levels a shot at the Enforcer behind the tree. (Someone other than Jane, can feel bad for other Enforcer. He got caught in the Ion Blast.)

NG-56 Shooting 8, Damage 41 _
MAP: -2
Joker: +2
42 Support Shooting: +1
NG-56 Light Ion Pistol: +2
[*] Shooting (1d6) 1d6: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 5

[*] Damage Medium Range (2d8) 2d8: 6, 8
[*] Aced! Damage (1d8) 1d8: 5
[*] Bonus (1d6) 1d6: 6
[*] Aced! Bonus (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 12: 6
[*] Super Aced! Bonus (1d6+12) 1d6+12 = 18: 6
[*] Super Saiyan Aced! Bonus (1d6+18) 1d6+18 = 22: 4

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Stoic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Keith looks down at where the laser hit, his electrical aura unphased.

"Seriously? A laser? You dumb piece of fury beetle @#/%!"

A slender bolt of electricity peels off of him, snapping at the face of the bandit that fired at him.
Test 4
Free action
Psionics 1d10: 1
Wild Die 1d6: 4
Free reroll from killer instinct
Psionics 1d10: 1
Wild Die 1d6: 4
Opposed roll using Smarts
Lightning Bolt 37 M.D.
Psionics 1d10: 5
Wild Die 1d6: 5
Damage 3d6: 5, 4, 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 4
Another crackle of lightning flicks from the aura, directly hitting the tree the cowardly bandit is hiding behind.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3401
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Living Enforcer Test. Smarts 1d8: 4
Enemy Update:
Both Enforcers are wiped out as the trees they were ducking behind explode against the retaliatory onslaught. All that is left of the Enforcers are two scared looking heads smelling of electrical burns.

Meanwhile Kasey was caught struggling against the magical bindings! The bindings around his mouth prevented him of issuing a series of foul curses only told to bitter enemies.

The last two juicers seem intent on closing the gap and getting into melee combat!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by LuLu » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:58 pm
aught with their proverbial pants down the lowest of the legion saw their life flash before their eyes as the faint and familiar whine of lasers lanced out nearly striking them all! @Fourty-Two to its horror saw his new friend Aggy caught by no less than two deadly laser streams. A sense of helplessness came over the robotic dragon. It was eerily familiar seeing friends and family gunned down. But interestingly the bad guys did not seem to see you yet. @Lulu... Oh yeah that is what happened while you were waiting for the Legionaires to arrive! The memory of a few hours ago surfaces about how Kasey and his thugs dropped you with a neural mace and a well placed laser.
Soaking damage
Spending Bennies to soak damage
Vigor = 1d6: 6
Wild = 1d6: 2
ACE! 1d6: 5
1 bennie spent to remove two wounds, 2nd bennie spent to remove shaken
"YIKES! Oh fudge! Sugar sugar Sugar Fudge!!" In a hail of laser fire, Lulu scrambles/stumbles back into the overturned wagon, "cursing" all the way. "OOUCH!!" Lulu screams and grabs at her butt. "That pink haired freak shot me in the butt!! First they whack me with that mace and now they're shooting me in the butt with their stupid lasers!" she continues to mutter as she scrambles to the far end of the wagon that seems most enclosed. She takes a minute to close her eyes and place her hands together pulling power. She bites her lip around the pain to keep her silence as she concentrates until finally she speaks"Fi Vindecat!" and lets the power loose.
Healing
Edges: Healer +2, Combat Lifesaver -1 wound penalty, Auto raise on success
Healing for 3pp: 1d10+1 = 6: 5
Wild 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Success with auto raise removes last two wounds.

Current bennies: 4/3 powerpoints: 12/15
"Stupid stupid" The pain slips away from her now healed wounds as the memory of earlier this afternoon returns. She had stopped here. Just out in the open, waiting for the legionaries. How stupid could you be, Lucinda?" She thinks to herself as huddles in the corner with her armored arms over her head. "And then to just walk right back out there again?!? It's like you think you're invincible. You know people aren't invincible. You stitch them up every day!" Lulu whacks the back of her helmet with her armored hand, not that she can feel either, but maybe she'll remember how to keep her head down and use her brain if she survives this.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 7/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Pre Adventure, Part 3: The Not an Ambush in a Clearing(All Player)

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:28 am

Jane can "feel" where @Lenard Hill is and he hasn't moved since arriving in the clearing. She would have cursed in American but she didn't know any curse words in American. She instead lets loose a series of explitives related to ignorance and those accustomed to higher G's.

Miracously, none of the stray fire has reached Lenard.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3401
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Welcome Back

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Arena and Kingsdale
The Side Show Arena is outside of Kingsdale proper, but definitely within the kingdom's influence. It was as if the organizer was careful to find a site to build the Sideshow Arena far enough away that he wouldn't attract undue attention from Kingsdale's defenders, but close enough to draw in plenty of Juicers from the region. Kingsdale is a prosperous city built on the ruins of West Plains, and is a remarkably freedom-loving enclave of magic-users, D-bees, and normal humans living together. Citizens of Kingsdale have access to good education and excellent medical facilities. It is famous for its enhancement clinics offering Juicer or Crazy conversions, and top-of-the-line cybernetics. Kingsdale has clashed on numerous occasions with the kingdom of Whykin and the CS.
Background Juicer Uprising
A large group of Juicers assembled in a place called Newtown (not far from Kingsdale), looking for a way to extend their lifespan offered by a company called Ultra-Tech Industries. The offer turned out to be a cruel lie, and the Juicers ended up in a brutal fight with the Coalition military
Loot
3 WI-C6 "Chain Sword" (used)
3 Juicer Assasin plates (used)
3 JA9 Laser Rifles with multi optic scope (used)
3 Vibro Longswords (used)
Location briefimg room 3C
Dahara Hammer heart smiles at you from behind a sturdy wooden desk. You had all just returned from Kingsdale a bit bruised and battered but at least no one had died. You are all gathered in the six chairs of the astute briefimg room three C, one of the Tomorrow Legions few subterranean briefing rooms.

In the dwarves hand is one of the murderthon billets. She scowls looking at it and asks a general question of everyone in her thick broughish accent, “Murderthon’s are nasty... How did it go?”

It was a whirlwind really. After taking down Kasey and the other juicers in the clearimg not much information was gleaned beyond Kasey working for a mega juicer called Widowmaker who had a real beef with the tomorrow legion types. The other two had died as they burnt away all the good juice left in their rigs. The group had arrived at the Sideshow Arena on the outskirts of Kingsdale in short order. After a video conference with the orginizer and untimely run in with Widowmaker himself the murderthon began in earnest. With 200,000 credits on the line did the Legion’s newest team aquit themselves as the heroes they would be destined to be or did they succumb to their more natural least of the least inclinations?
Sideshow Arena
The construction ahead of you is impressively large, if crudely-built. The arena appears made from several large slabs of rough stone, arranged in an irregular oval shape. The roof of the structure is another, darker type of stone—onyx or perhaps slate. Its curvature suggests a dome. A bulky humanoid figure made of the same gray rock that makes up the walls is smoothing the stone underneath its fingers—obviously some kind of earth elemental shoring up the framework. A large neon sign buzzes and flickers over the double doors at the front of the arena. The sign pulses with vibrant pink and yellow colors, blinking out the words “Sideshow Arena!” over and over again. A large open lot lies nearby, filled with several ground and air vehicles parked for the show. The most obvious vehicle in the lot is a glossy black Mountaineer ATV with the name “Widowmaker” scrawled out in detailed blue markings across both sides.
Meeting
interior of the Sideshow Arena is no more impressive than the outside and clearly built on top of the ruins of an older stadium. You are standing at the edge of a long, oval- shaped field roughly three hundred yards across. There is a ring of seats for spectators around the outer edge, and doors along the sides hint there are other areas built into the walls. There is a vid-screen mounted on the wall directly opposite the main entrance. As the doors shut behind you, the screen flickers on, revealing the face of a human male with thinning hair and a broad smile. “Welcome to the Murderthon!” He says, grinning. “I'm Destin Knowles, the event organizer. And you must be the competitors from the Tomorrow Legion, am I right?”

But before you can even respond... The doors to the arena bang open once more, allowing the entrance of a group of Juicers. These warriors are all dressed in glossy black armor, led by a truly herculean Juicer with a tall Mohawk dyed a vibrant purple in color. The mohawked Juicer sneers at your group, flicking his eyes from you to the vid-screen and back. Following the group is an older human male, his face gaunt and scarred, wearing a gray track suit. “What do we have here, boys? Looks like some wannabes from the meat boy legion decided to show up and spoil our fun.”

The older man in the track suit looks like he's about to speak up, but Destin Knowles cuts him off. “Ah, Widowmaker. Allow me to introduce you to our guests…” The mohawked Juicer shoves past the older man as his cronies enter the arena.

Widowmaker stares at your group with undisguised malice. “Get this through your heads, squishies. This competition has only one winner, and that's me. Get in my way, and we'll grease you in a hot second.” He does a double take, “Fucking legionairs right? Tried to join last spring, some recruiter tweed named Slater said I was not cut out for the life... And you dweebs are? Haha.”

Fortunately the old man, named Carver, a former Juicer who detoxed years ago steps in trying to keep the peace, “Any fighting before the murderthon means yer disqualified!”The older man shouts. ”Ya came here to compete fer 200k has credits, right? Ya gonna throw that away right here and now?”[/list]
Assembling for the Main Event... The Murderthon Begins!
You have assembled on the field in the main arena next to the other teams. Eckert and the last member of the New Lions Pride give you an encouraging nod, it seems like Echert wanted to mention something to you but had little time to do so. The rest of the teams mostly ignore the you. However, Widowmaker's gang continues to trash-talk your group as much as possible before a giant vid-screen in the center of the arena lights up, displaying Destin Knowles. “The murderthon is about to begin!” The speakers blare with Destin's voice. “On your marks. Get set.” All of the Juicers hunker down and prepare for the event to start. A piercing whistle rings out, marking the official start of the event, echoed by the speakers thundering with one final word from the promoter: “GO!”
The Rules, please read as they will help guide your own narration
  • The first team to cross the finish line wins. This means the entire team (those who are still competing, as in the survivors who are not disqualified) must cross the finish line to count. This is why murderthon teams stick together.
  • Teams may attack one another on the track.
  • Contestants may not use large-scale weapons (blast or cone template attacks).
  • Competitors may use magic and psionics, but they may not use them against another competitor (for example, no using the puppet power to cause a team to forfeit). In addition, competitors may not use magic or psionics to move along the track (meaning no use of the burrow, fly, speed, or teleport powers). No flying at all!!
  • Vehicles are not allowed. Competitors may wear power armor, but must not use any movement method other than running on the ground.
  • The penalty for rule-breaking is disqualification. This penalty applies to the individual, not the entire team.

The next few posts have been tailored to the players and how the track of the murderthon progresses. Please edit the post, react to any of the above OCCs, make your roll snd narate your actions during the murderthon, and in respondinging to DH’s question tell us from your point of view how did it go?

Last but not least... Not a juicer? You find competing in an event designed for their super soldier statistics unbelievably challenging. Take a -2 to your roll! This is in addition to the scene modifier listed.

Need a benny? Throw in a nasty juicer taunting you from your rivals the Widowmakers.

Every success and raise in stages 1-4 will add a +1 bonus to the final stage 5 roll.

Hopefully this works for you guys. I know it is a bit of a slog to read... So sorry.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Aggelos
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Welcome Back

Post by Aggelos » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:00 am

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Dahara Hammer heart smiles at you from behind a sturdy wooden desk. You had all just returned from Kingsdale a bit bruised and battered but at least no one had died. You are all gathered in the six chairs of the astute briefimg room three C, one of the Tomorrow Legions few subterranean briefing rooms.

In the dwarves hand is one of the murderthon billets. She scowls looking at it and asks a general question of everyone in her thick broughish accent, “Murderthon’s are nasty... How did it go?”
In response Aggelos smiles and hands over a written "report", more like a paragraph. "I know how you guys like your paperwork."
"The trip to Kingsdale was a pretty typical walk in the woods for this planet...."
Aftermath in the clearing

As the smoke clears Aggelos walks calmly towards the bodies of the three juicers. She flick the cylinders of her archaic pistols open and the spent shell casings float from them and into a pouch as she does so. New bullets similarly lift from an ammo bandolier and slip in the empty spots. The cylinders snap back into place and she sheathes the weapons. "Ten mill huh? Don't suppose any of you have pissed in the markets porridge lately?" Looking over her fellow legionnaire she sees no takers. "Just me then. Well don't I fell special." With a chuckle she begins looking over their assailants. She slings a rifle on her shoulder and grabs a vibro sword, waving away any concern from from Forty-Two or the medic as she does so. "It'll wait. Forty-Two, have a look and see if these pricks were kind enough to bring us a ride. Please." After going thru pockets and packs for anything informative or useful she cuts a shock from each of the brightly colored mohawks. When she does allow medical attention to be applied she distracts herself by braiding said hair into a fob she then attaches to her armor.

"On arrival we engaged with the promoter and made friends with the locals..."
Meeting the Promoter
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Widowmaker stares at your group with undisguised malice. “Get this through your heads, squishies. This competition has only one winner, and that's me. Get in my way, and we'll grease you in a hot second.” He does a double take, “Fucking legionairs right? Tried to join last spring, some recruiter tweed named Slater said I was not cut out for the life... And you dweebs are? Haha.”
Aggy clears her throat and emphatically shifts the juicer rifle she took from Kasey Jones on her shoulder. "Beats me, we've only ever fought low rent, peacock looking bitches." She gives the braid a tug then looks emphatically at the juicer teams hair cuts. "Maybe someday soon I'll have a technicolor bitch belt."

A female widowmaker with a yellow mohawk takes this particularly unwell. She spouts some filthy accusations about Aggy "entertaining" for the legion and guests to which the Atlantean just laughs and ponders the woman's familiarity with the subject. The fuming orc seems poised to attack when Carver intervenes.

"The competiton was fierce but friendly in the more civilzed murderthon. We doubtless impressed the locals with our skill and poise, placing well despite mostly not being juiced up freaks."
The Starting Line
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm

The first portion of the murderthon track is straight, open ground. From here, it is easy to see the rest of the track up ahead. The three juicer teams the Legionairs are competing against generally stick together to variying success. It soon becomes clear the only real contenders are the vaunted widowmaker team and possibly the members comprising Feild Team six. Aggy finds this initial step of the track super violent as the juicers are running all out while they attack each other.

One of the Widow Maker Club members dives into the gaggle of FT6 brandishing a yellow mowhawk and a juicer chain sword roaring to go. She appears to be a female orc and gives Aggy a bit of a hard time. There was something about the way the juicer would attack and harry the team during this long stretch that made Aggy wonder if something else was going on. The Juicer’s blade roared over head as she leaped againt the team and the yellow mowhawk chorttled, “Stay still so I can get paid little lady!” A black market key fob hung on her belt. [/ooc]
OOC Comments
Athletics is the maneuver skill for this section of the competition. Skill roll is at a -2. TN 4
Position: 1d8: 4
Difficulty 1d6: 2
Task roll
Modifiers: scene -2, Not a Juicer -2. Net -4
Athletics 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Wild 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Benny for reroll
Athletics 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Wild 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Benny for reroll
Athletics 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Wild 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Benny for reroll
Atheltics 1d8-4 = 2: 6
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5
It's all Aggy can do to keep moving while dodging the orc woman's attacks on the opening stretch. She does keep the woman's blades from connecting and the woman desire to collect the bounty on Aggys head keeps the woman focused on her, not the more vulnerable members of the team. However the running feud does keep the budding field team from making as good of a showing in the first part of the race.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 4/20
Bennies: /3

Edit Signature

User avatar
Forty-Two
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: Welcome Back

Post by Forty-Two » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:01 am

When his best friend @Aggelos tells him to start scouting Forty Two jumps on it. He really liked her, and definitely wanted to help. Now that those evil juicers where dead or done for they could get back to business.

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
The Side Show Arena is outside of Kingsdale proper, but definitely within the kingdom's influence. It was as if the organizer was careful to find a site to build the Sideshow Arena far enough away that he wouldn't attract undue attention from Kingsdale's defenders, but close enough to draw in plenty of Juicers from the region. Kingsdale is a prosperous city built on the ruins of West Plains, and is a remarkably freedom-loving enclave of magic-users, D-bees, and normal humans living together. Citizens of Kingsdale have access to good education and excellent medical facilities. It is famous for its enhancement clinics offering Juicer or Crazy conversions, and top-of-the-line cybernetics. Kingsdale has clashed on numerous occasions with the kingdom of Whykin and the CS.
Forty Two was obviously amazed by the whole experience. While he had traveled a little, most of his time was around far fewer people and his awe was obvious to all involved.

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Dahara Hammer heart smiles at you from behind a sturdy wooden desk. You had all just returned from Kingsdale a bit bruised and battered but at least no one had died. You are all gathered in the six chairs of the astute briefimg room three C, one of the Tomorrow Legions few subterranean briefing rooms.

In the dwarves hand is one of the murderthon billets. She scowls looking at it and asks a general question of everyone in her thick broughish accent, “Murderthon’s are nasty... How did it go?”
"It was awesome. I made good friends with Aggy, poor girl did you know no on likes her? Well then we met this strange wizard and he was familiar. We saw like a hundred new trees, and even some with magical properties. You would be amazed to see all the stuff out there." Buzzing around the hyper little golem has trouble staying still, but he still tries his best.

"Oh, we also got ambushed, by some people with weird plumes that cut off pretty easily. Well, once most of them were dead, we where able to make it to Kingsdale. And then when we got to the hall, you should have seen it, I did not know there where that many people so close. I never see so many all at once. Oh and the race was super cool. I got to run in it, but it was more like a game than a real competition because they had all kinds of rules about what you can and cannot do." The automatons rehearsal of the event flows with amazing detail as he shares all that happened, but somehow many of the events are out of order as if he where making it up as he went along.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
But before you can even respond... The doors to the arena bang open once more, allowing the entrance of a group of Juicers. These warriors are all dressed in glossy black armor, led by a truly herculean Juicer with a tall Mohawk dyed a vibrant purple in color. The mohawked Juicer sneers at your group, flicking his eyes from you to the vid-screen and back. Following the group is an older human male, his face gaunt and scarred, wearing a gray track suit. “What do we have here, boys? Looks like some wannabes from the meat boy legion decided to show up and spoil our fun.”

The older man in the track suit looks like he's about to speak up, but Destin Knowles cuts him off. “Ah, Widowmaker. Allow me to introduce you to our guests…” The mohawked Juicer shoves past the older man as his cronies enter the arena.

Widowmaker stares at your group with undisguised malice. “Get this through your heads, squishies. This competition has only one winner, and that's me. Get in my way, and we'll grease you in a hot second.” He does a double take, “Fucking legionnaires right? Tried to join last spring, some recruiter tweed named Slater said I was not cut out for the life... And you dweebs are? Haha.”

Fortunately the old man, named Carver, a former Juicer who detoxed years ago steps in trying to keep the peace, “Any fighting before the murderthon means yer disqualified!”The older man shouts. ”Ya came here to compete fer 200k has credits, right? Ya gonna throw that away right here and now?”[/list]
"Oh man that guy is totally not very nice. I would be he was raised by some pretty rude people. Maybe cause of his funny hair, his mom did not love him and sent him away?"
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Assembling for the Main Event... The Murderthon Begins!
You have assembled on the field in the main arena next to the other teams. Eckert and the last member of the New Lions Pride give you an encouraging nod, it seems like Echert wanted to mention something to you but had little time to do so. The rest of the teams mostly ignore the you. However, Widowmaker's gang continues to trash-talk your group as much as possible before a giant vid-screen in the center of the arena lights up, displaying Destin Knowles. “The murderthon is about to begin!” The speakers blare with Destin's voice. “On your marks. Get set.” All of the Juicers hunker down and prepare for the event to start. A piercing whistle rings out, marking the official start of the event, echoed by the speakers thundering with one final word from the promoter: “GO!”
The Rules, please read as they will help guide your own narration
  • The first team to cross the finish line wins. This means the entire team (those who are still competing, as in the survivors who are not disqualified) must cross the finish line to count. This is why murderthon teams stick together.
  • Teams may attack one another on the track.
  • Contestants may not use large-scale weapons (blast or cone template attacks).
  • Competitors may use magic and psionics, but they may not use them against another competitor (for example, no using the puppet power to cause a team to forfeit). In addition, competitors may not use magic or psionics to move along the track (meaning no use of the burrow, fly, speed, or teleport powers). No flying at all!!
  • Vehicles are not allowed. Competitors may wear power armor, but must not use any movement method other than running on the ground.
  • The penalty for rule-breaking is disqualification. This penalty applies to the individual, not the entire team.

The next few posts have been tailored to the players and how the track of the murderthon progresses. Please edit the post, react to any of the above OCCs, make your roll and narrate your actions during the murderthon, and in responding to DH’s question tell us from your point of view how did it go?

Last but not least... Not a juicer? You find competing in an event designed for their super soldier statistics unbelievably challenging. Take a -2 to your roll! This is in addition to the scene modifier listed.

Need a benny? Throw in a nasty juicer taunting you from your rivals the Widowmakers.

Every success and raise in stages 1-4 will add a +1 bonus to the final stage 5 roll.

Hopefully this works for you guys. I know it is a bit of a slog to read... So sorry.

Angled rope nets and a series of wooden walls ranging in height from 1–6” block this part of the track. Getting through or past these obstacles is a test of strength and teamwork. This is where 42’s unique ability to help others came into play despite the Widowmaker teams interference.
Forty Two's unique perception allowed him to easily see most of the traps set out by the Widowmakers. But he worried for his friends. Racing through the obstacles was little effort for the 6" pixie warrior, his magical awareness reaching out and his arcane adaption changing his body shape from moment to moment however was needed to get through the obstacles. Shouting out to his friends when needed, and using his telepathy to set up a switchboard so the others could communicate and aid one another.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 pm
The announcer for the arena chimes in as 42 sees a verity if blinking lights and mono filament wires interspersed between the rope and towering walls. “Oh look at that folks, it looks like Steven the hard hitting Hyperion juicer for the widow makers took out his bag of tricks and lined the ropes with mega damage razor wire and the walls with plastique explosives... Are those proximity sensors?? Looks like those Legionnaires from the Tomorrow Legion are right behind the Widowmakers, lookout because that is one major issue!”
GM Prompt...PART 2: ROPE AND WALL OBSTACLES

Make a Str or Athletics check at -4.
Position 1d12-2 = 6: 8
Difficulty 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Being forced to dodge the attacks from the juicers slowed Forty Two obviously, but not enough to make it a winning bet for the Juicers. His natural agility and ability to fot through holes only one of their fingers could fit in, gave him and advantage they could not match. When combined with his reporting to the team mates what was coming it became a winning moment for all.
Athletics 14 total
Rolls made here because only one account can roll in a post.
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.ph ... 621#p61621
Bennies 0. PPE: 0, ISP: 0
3 Quarterly Reset
-1 Giant Elemental Spells reroll
-1 Extra PPE
-1 Reroll Repair
42
Forty Two

Player Name: Rob F Towell
Google Handle: Rob Towell
Rank: Novice Advances: 1 Advances Left: 0
Race: Draconic Humunculous
Iconic Framework: Construct (Empires of Humanity)
Attributes: Agility d12*, Smarts d10*, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d12
Pace: 6 running / 24 While Flying; Parry: 4*; Toughness: 6 [If prepared ahead of time he can put on his warrior armor for 11 (4)]
* = Dodge, Size -3, Combat Acrobat for -6 to be hit by range, -4 to be hit by melee.

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Welcome Back

Post by LuLu » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:02 am

PART 3: MAZE AND BEAM OBSTACLES wrote: A labyrinth of 4” high wooden walls breaks up the third section of the murderthon. In addition, navigating some sections of the maze requires balancing on narrow, sloping beams crossing over another section of slippery mud. This is truly where both the Widowmaker and FT6 groups separate themselves from the pack. The rivalry between these two top teams really intensifies as Widowmaker himself pits his cunning against either Lulu’s intelligence or athletics. To make maters worse mega juicer is clearly cheating by having a map.

The announcer again chimes in enthusiastically as the teams enter the third section, “Oh my Prosek! Look at that, the Widowmakers are just a bit ahead! Looks like the legions medic is leading them through the maze... Lets hope she is better suited to this than the other obsticals... She seems pretty clumsy so look out!” After a brief pause the annoucer comes back, “We would like to thank our sponser- Om my Tarin’s Tits! It looks like Widowmaker himself has a map leading him through the maze!! How can anyone compare?”
Smarts(-4) or Agility (-4) is the skill here to get through this! TN is 4.
Difficullty 1d8-6 = 2: 8
From the moment the whistle blew and the announcer yelled go, Lulu has been trying to keep her head down. It’s not hard, being almost the shortest member of the team, aside from 42. She was able to run across the first straight away and had done a pretty good job of keeping up with the rest of her teammates. They kept engaging with the juicers and Lulu was doing her best to bob and weave around them.

When the team tumbled out of the ropes and wall obstacles, explosions still going off behind them and spots still swarming before their eyes, somehow Lulu was in front of the rest of the team. As she cleared the rise, she could see the labyrinth spilled out below them. She didn’t waste any time dreading what was hidden among the walls, she just pumped her legs faster and sprinted for the opening. ’It’s just an abdominal shrapnel wound. If you can trace and reassemble the entire 7.485 feet of a Grackletooth’s intestines, you can do this!’ There’s less chance of encountering flesh eating bacteria in there.’
Smarts Check
Non Juicer smarts running the maze:
Smarts = 1d8-6 = -5: 1
Wild= 1d6-6 = -2: 4
Benny for a reroll
Smarts = 1d8-6 = -1: 5
Wild = 1d6-6 = -5: 1
Benny for a reroll
Smarts = 1d8-6 = 1: 7
Wild = 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Benny for a reroll
Smarts = 1d8-6 = 0: 6
Wild = 1d6-6 = -2: 4
Last Benny for a reroll
Smarts = 1d8-6 = -1: 5
Wild = 1d6-6 = 0: 6
Ace on Wild!
1d6: 1
Final smarts total =1 No success.

+1 Benny for trash talking Juicers
Benny for a reroll
Smarts= 1d8-6 = -1: 5
Wild = 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Still a fail.

Current Bennies:0/3 Powerpoints: 12/15
She is confident this is the way. That green haired, and vaguely green skinned juicer that’s been dogging her heels the whole race yells from her left, “What are you under that shiny silver tin-can suit? You look like a wobbling can of spinach on chicken legs. Maybe that’s what you are, a giant can of spinach. Should I pop your top and eat you you up so I can grow big and strong like Popeye!?”

LuLu is thankful her helmet covers her face so he can’t see the look on her face. She knows that’s her downfall with her bedside manner, everything she’s feeling reads out across her face like a digital ticker tape. Right now her face is screaming, “YOU’RE A MORON!” and LuLu is pretty sure he wouldn’t react well. So instead she keeps running and puffs out ”Leafy green... vegetables are … very good for you.” *pant pant* “ You should really… try to get off the juice... and start eating healthier... I worry for the long term effects... of juicing... on your heart.”

Lulu lost her concentration on the labyrinth's turns while giving health advice to the Widowmaker minion. Lulu swerves to the left only to feel a strong hand grab her arm and spin her around. She stumbles and barely manages to keep on her feet as Aggy yells, ”Where the fuck are you going?! That’s obviously a dead end!” Pointing to the now visible trip wire. ”A very dead end! This way!”
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 7/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
74Z3 Jane Doe
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Welcome Back

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:03 am

It was the range and the fact that her weapon fanned, otherwise she would have been the first to confront the oncoming juicers. Hard to tell whether weirdo boy @Keith hit first or if Jane did. Evidently she had caught the trees on fire in the process of hitting the idiots behind the trees.

She had been amped up and would have loved a turn with the juicers but the others that were assailed and assumed her associates, dealt swiftly with them. Jane admitted to herself, most impressive.

Standing over Kasey she shakes her head. These aren't juicers. Being an Earth-made juicer sucks. She kicks something on the ground and bending over, realizes it is a Chain Sword. Smiling to herself she hefts the weapon activating and then drives the blade into the bio-comp/IRMSS on Kasey's torso.

Seeing as he was most certainly dead, (the juicer cocktail seeping into the grass and dirt) he had no need for the vibro longsword still humming in right hand. "These weapons should have never been wasted on you and those other scum."

Claimed Loot
Chain Sword
Vibro Longsword
GM promt.. PART 4: THE MUD PIT
One of the most difficult features of the murderthon track is the mud pit. For more than fifty meters (27”), the ground is entirely composed of slick, clinging mud more than four feet deep. In a concession to safety, several ropes have been strung across the pit so struggling competitors need not fear drowning in the muck. It is tough going dven for a juicer, but as luck would have it the rest of the juicer teams decided this was the moment to take out the Widowmakers gang. Lasers and mini railgun fire peppered this section of the arena but not aimed at the least of the legion!

The announcer exclaimed surprised at the turn of events, “Splugorth shitz balls! The other three juicer clubs are determined to not let foul mouth, and smelling Widowmaker gang make it out of the mud!” After a brief pause the anouncer quickly rambled, “Oh my oh my Those Tomorrow Legionairs have closed the distance being led by...! Is that an Altaran juicer? Pretty sure someone is missing their lab experiment.”
Make an agility or str roll at TN 4.
Position: 1d10: 3 reroll 1d10: 6
Difficulty 1d6: 4
Part 4 Rolls, Strength 12 _
[*] Strength (1d10) 1d10: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 3
Add Burn of 6
Burn (1d6) 1d6: 6
Having no intention of losing to some earth hack wannabee juicers, Jane let the deadly cocktail from her biocomp hit her system. Whoever had built her, did so with utmost care. That bio-comp regulated dosages down to the millgram.

She hit the juice before she made it to the mud. Using her fleet-footedness and her incredible strength, she tight roped the pit in record time. Once across and certain that her "teammates were all across and accounted for, Jane sets the ropes on fire. The ash combines with the top layer of mud to make it more slippery.

Shouting loud enough for anyone to hear, "You call what you are juicers. You are nothing more than primates on synth-roids. I am the true definition of what you call a juicer."

Taunting even more, "We aced your boys in the woods, no problem but not before Kasey gave us some juicey information."

Performance 17 _
[*] Performance (1d6) 1d6: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 12: 6
[*] Super Aced! Wild (1d6+12) 1d6+12 = 17: 5
In Kasey's voice "You'll be seeing Widow real soon. Tell him I loved him and didn't care if the dresses were to small."

User avatar
Keith
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: Welcome Back

Post by Keith » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:09 am

WIP
Athletics 1d4+6 = 9: 3
Wild Die 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Benny
Athletics 1d4+6 = 8: 2
Wild Die 1d6+6 = 11: 5
GM prompt... PART 5: THE FINISH LINE
The final part of the murderthon track is much like the beginning; flat, open ground running for the final fifty yards (25”). The only groups left were the Widowmakers, and the legionaires.

The yellow mowhawk one sneared and urged her team onward, “Common, the Psi-X is going to hold them back on this one... Run!” Widowmaker himself laughed, “Bring a cripple to a juicer fight! Haha!” Something happened, the Widowmakers all tripped at the same time giving the heroes and Keith the slimiest of openings. A red ribbon strung between two poles marks the end point. The crowd was cheering! “Legion! Legion! Widowmaker! Widowmaker!”

The announcer marked the distance to the goal, “Folks, its coming down to the wire... That Psi-X is a real nut job. Neck and neck with Widowmaker... Look at him go... 20 yards... 15 yards... The fucker is just floating... 10 yards... He could go all the way!”
Make an Athletics check at +2 TN is 11. wild burn 1d6: 5
Position: 1-2 is position 3, 3-4 is 5.
Difficulty
Behind the goggles, Keith rolls his eyes at the stupid juicers. Like Aesop's tortoise, he keeps a steady pace nimbly maneuvering around any obstacles. He only wins by a few seconds, but that's more than enough time for him to light up the cigarette he had in his mouth and start puffing smoke rings in the juicers direction as he turns around and gives him a two gun salute.
"Oh my GOD!! You lost to ME?! I can't even walk!" He laughs which threatens to be me a coughing fit as he floats over to his companions.

User avatar
LuLu
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Re: Welcome Back

Post by LuLu » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Aggelos wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:00 am
As the smoke clears Aggelos walks calmly towards the bodies of the three juicers. She flick the cylinders of her archaic pistols open and the spent shell casings float from them and into a pouch as she does so. New bullets similarly lift from an ammo bandolier and slip in the empty spots. The cylinders snap back into place and she sheathes the weapons. "Ten mill huh? Don't suppose any of you have pissed in the markets porridge lately?" Looking over her fellow legionnaire she sees no takers. "Just me then. Well don't I fell special." With a chuckle she begins looking over their assailants. She slings a rifle on her shoulder and grabs a vibro sword, waving away any concern from from Forty-Two or the medic as she does so. "It'll wait. Forty-Two, have a look and see if these pricks were kind enough to bring us a ride. Please." After going thru pockets and packs for anything informative or useful she cuts a shock from each of the brightly colored mohawks. When she does allow medical attention to be applied she distracts herself by braiding said hair into a fob she then attaches to her armor.
Lulu climbs out when the noise of gunfire finally stops. She sees the juicers scattered around the clearing and makes her way to the legionnaires standing and wandering among the bodies. It's pretty obvious the woman with guns holstered to both thighs is the most severely wounded. She's swaying and stumbling as she moves from body to body, going through their pockets and packs. Lulu trots to meet the wounded woman as she makes her way to the last juicer. Lulu watches the woman reach for the pink mohawk and miss her grasp, probably because her damage eye has messed up her depth perception.

"Here! Let me help you." Lulu says. "You're Aggy, right? She tugs the woman's arm, trying to make her stand upright.

"It'll wait." Aggy grunts

"Let me fix your eye and then you can get back to... What are you doing?" Lulu finally sees the clench of rainbow hair in Aggy's other hand. "Are you scalping them?!

Lulu makes a noise of disgust, but gathers her power in her hands and quickly smooths it over Aggy's ruined face. "Fi Vindecat"

"There. Now you can get back to... that." Lulu drops her hands and steps away to go see if any of the other legionnaires require first aid.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 7/15
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”