Episode 2: Welcome to the World (Interlude)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Episode 2: Welcome to the World (Interlude)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

With five of the blue skin aliens rescued and JR Smith jumping right after Jane, Angis sealed the hatch as the bombs hit the designated target area with, despite the unrelenting storm, unerring accuracy. Ophelia, last in, saw the futile efforts of the last of the d-bees and what her mind control of the CS wrought...
Ophelia’s The Last Look
You saw as the hatch closed, the frightened eyes of two blue skins, both males, bald with the same teen age facial features: possibly twins. They cried out reaching desperately and in vain for a raven haired blue skin woman last to be brought in, "Mother!!!"

Behind them, first to be engulfed in flames were the CS grunts struggling against the storm, and their own nature. Had they been left to their own devices maybe they would have escaped, maybe and probably not. The one nearest to the bunker's entrance took off his helmet and threw it into the muddy ground. The unrelenting storm threw rain into his old eyes, and the wind buffeted his weathered face making it smooth for the first time in years. The old grunt, a survivor of not just the war for Tolkien, but that which laid low New Town. Jane's Hyperion fury had brought back memories that best be forgotten. As the flames took him he looked longingly at the closing bunker hatch. His pale blue eyes wondering, not for the first time, what lay beyond this life. He howled as he burned from his back to face, "Heroes for Humanity!!!"
Inside, the team found an old silo Maybe 45ft deep and 20 feet wide. Probably it could have been used to house a large missile. Every ten feet were metal gratings and a ladder to the level below. There were three of these metal grated platforms and they were about half filled with boxes of provisions and tankard’s of ale. Food would not be a problem in the short term. The bottom had a metallic robot, female by her curves lying next to a red haired technowizardry wearing goggles slightly ajar cross his eyes. The robot was un-moving as was the technowizard who seemed to have a gash over his right temple (a slight rise from his chest would indicate he was alive). Along one wall was a faded white USA. Near the two unconscious forms were a couple of cots, crates, and lantern light. Basically enough room for 20 folks to sit nice and cozy like.
Common KN +2
The technowizard lying unconscious on the ground is none other than Libertas of the fabled 13th set! No matter the medical aid rendered to him he, although living, does not wake up.
Captain Claude clammered down the ladders carying Aggy. He moved a bit awkwardly, perhaps stiff would be a good word. Once at the bottom he lay @Aggelos gently on the ground as if she was something fragile. The bunker shook and the hanging laterns swayed jarring the shadows about. Dust and dirt crumbled down upon the heroes. Claude coughed, and grunted holding his shoulder. He looked up with a worried eye and relaxed as he saw @Ophelia Monk float down at last. He breathed a sigh as the world above the bunker rumbled, " Good job team. Careful...” Claude pointed down at the silver robotic woman and the red head Tschnowizard, ”The technowizard took a nasty blow to the head when he slipped. The robot... Would take a bit more explaining. sufficient to say she is a Priority Black Target.”
Keith Spirit roll
even glancing at the robot, you are some how sure she is the woman who you have recently seen visions of. Which does not make sense because your visions in the log were of a flesh and blood woman, and not a silver robot.
Make a spirit roll. A magical mind affecting effect if it matters.
He stat down on one of the nearby crates, ”Looks, like we have JR Smith..." Angis had the CS soldier hog tied just right with some twine. "Plus... I count five of these blue D-bees." The Captain sighed clearly pained that circumstances had thrwarted the team's attempt to rescue more. His steel blue gaze surveyed the team, finally resting on Captian Lumpkiss. “You all did well. Don’t be hard on yourself Miss Borland. Whatever struck Pender... Gah damn U-rounds. Captain Claude was about to say more when one of the blue skins stood up and spoke in American!

Gingerly an elderly blue skinned, first to be saved rose from the floor using his brethren to steady himself. His eyes were all white, and a think salt and pepper hair rolled off the top of his head and down half way along the backside. His voice was scratchy and melodical at the same time, like an old earth blues singer. " Th- Thank you all for your assistance. My name is Arlin. I am terribly sorry for any inconvienience our leader had caused. We morn him, and appologize for his last act. Few of our kind are weavers, and we were all so afraid we did not understand. On our world we were pursued by great ugly horned creatures born of flame and fire. They called themselves... The word in our language does not translate.” His voice wavered with a mixture of fear and hatred, the others near him whispered something and he regained some composure, ” It was our last stand. Our spell weaves joined forces with a heavenly knight glad in golden armor. This knight was not of our world. He and his brother, both dark skinned with pointed ears, led our final resistance. It failed but many of us came to this place from from a hole in the air, countless numbers of our people, Faelerin, have arrived scattered and afraid." The old one paused his legs shook as the bunker continued to rumble overhead, " Now we have been pursued by new horned ones, as foul as the old ones, but somehow different. Some Faelerin were taken to the east, to the great mountains. We tried to stay together but..." He ginergly pointed to JR Smith, "We ran afoul of black metal skull men... They kill some but capture the rest... My sister‘s children were among those captured two days ago and is held in their giant rolling metal box."

Jr Smith chuckled awkwadly on his belly eith his hands and feet tied, “Oomph, Ya needle nose wombat, blue babies running amok! We are just helping return you to your world by any means necessary.” Thunder eyed the shaking ceiling and rumbles from above. “You don’t know Mac... He is unrelenting.”

Claude breathed taking in the story mostly ignoring JR Smith, “We’ll that explains the latest field reports. The ceiling rumbled again, little bits of dust wafted into the air. The lantern light swung gently. He pried open a case of hard tack and passed some jerky around, “Well... Looks like the CS are just being thorough. We might be down here for a bit. Miss Borland please take a look at anyone injured, don’t be shy folks raise your hand if you need some medical attention.”

Angis took out some glasses and poured a drink for anyone from a green jug, “Da blue Faelrin told da most illuminatin’ story about der journy... Andda we might be down here for da meantime. Any one da else in a story tellin’ mood? Just no ghost stories, dey give me da creepies.” A strange place to share a story, but the dwarve looked like he could use a few, and the Faelerin perked up a bit after discerning what the dwarve was getting at. It seemed a story or six would help pass the nerve racking time.

I was thinking roll a d4
  • 1 is club
  • 2 is diamond
  • 3 is spade
  • 4 is heart
Then consult the interlude table for either backstory or downtime. Page 130 of SWADE.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Forty-Two

Re: Episode 2: Welcome to the World (Interlude)

Post by Forty-Two »

skill practice
roll [dice:39uhfy2x]63372:0[/dice:39uhfy2x]
HEARTS
Downtime: The hero practices a skill. What is it?
Ophelia Monk

Post by Ophelia Monk »

OOC Comments
[dice:3w012g9n]63380:0[/dice:3w012g9n]
Diamond:
Downtime: The character studies or works on an
object of some sort. What is it?
Backstory: Something your hero wants or
already has. It might be a material possession,
recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he
wishes to take to some amazing destination.
The man stands before an altar. A cloaked figure carrying a dagger--the dagger--stands opposite him. Both the man, and the young child upon the altar, are naked. Looming in the shadowy corners of the room are monstrous, twisted figures, humanoid but not remotely human.

The cloaked figure speaks, the voice of a woman. She holds out the dagger to the naked man, speaking over the child's cries. 'You have passed all of the tests; performed all the rites. Only this last act remains. Sever this last bond, if you would know true freedom.'

The man takes the dagger, studying the helpless, innocent form on the altar. The child shares his eyes, pale blue, like the sky. The man raises the dagger overhead, and calls out, 'Liberate me!' He brings the dagger down and plunges it into the child, and the wailing stops.

There is a moment of stillness, and silence, and then the man howls in pain and triumph, as his flesh reforms, his skin growing leathery and banded, until it almost looks like a grotesque suit of armor, and his face contorts into something wholly inhuman. Only those clear, sky-blue eyes remain.

The other figures step forward, and they are exactly as he is; twisted, deformed, corrupt. The woman casts her hood back, and she is lovely, and she cries out, 'Hail, Brethren! Hail the Liberator!'

The monsters, new and old, join in the cry, 'Hail the Liberator!'

They descend upon the form on the altar, and it becomes unspeakable.

Ophelia snaps out of her reverie, and reflexively casts the dagger at the ground, looking at it in horror. "Never have I seen such a thing..."
OOC Comments
Savage Foes of North America, Page 23.
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

[dice:1j0ktru4]63390:0[/dice:1j0ktru4]

For a couple of minuets she just lays there breathing and willing her senses to get back into focus. The throbbing pain from multiple laser and shrapnel wounds made any kind of sleep impossible so eventually she sits up and begins to meditatively break down her .50 caliber pistols. Telekinetically swabbing each piece clean of moisture and grime before reassembling them she finishes not long after the request for stories.

Looking up from her work, she catches Arlins eye. "We got a lot in common. I was also forced to leave my world and arrived here just to find more trouble. In my case slavers." Stopping her narrative she pulls out his Colts and begins to give them a seeing to she resumes her tale as she works. "My rift was... unstable, spit me out like a melon seed right into their camp, then kicked up a line fierce line storm. Being in a hurry to leave they just tossed me into their cattle car and went back to packing up and moving camp. When I came to I was able to.." She holds her hand out to a staff one of the Fealerin had leaned against his cot and it flies into her hand. "Rearm myself and a couple others and we fought our way out. Shut them down for good to. El Occulta pricks. Anyway, I helped the survivors get to a safe place and then met up with these guys."
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
74Z3 Jane Doe

Post by 74Z3 Jane Doe »

Interlude (1d4) [dice:1zjlhdzq]63419:0[/dice:1zjlhdzq] [4: Heart]
Downtime

Though it requires more effort to be still, Jane practices her disguises and impersonations. With plenty of subjects and materials, Jane manages to experience a subtle let down from "the juice".

Anyone human-sized is easy, especially the skin tone and hair, prove to be little problem. The Faelerin are even pretty easy disregading their natural blue tones and the language barrier. JR's accent is a bit tough to copy but she does manage it after a fashion and finds that her butchery of his dialect and accent infuriates him more than being trussed up like a christams turkey dinner.

When it comes to Angis she realizes that her size compared to his size would be the first of her challenges. Barring any ability to change her height, she starts working out alternatives. She eventually comes around to kneeling and stuffing her armor a bit to represent Angis's bulk.

In between her various acts, she does ask the question, "Was that big fire-spewing metal thing in the air, a dragon?"
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

@Forty-Two was designed to help people and with hi best friend @Captain Claud busy he was left with little to do. Then he turned and saw @Pender Lumkiss injured and @LuLu doing everything she could to help him. Forty Two would never let his best friend Lulu work on someone without help so he immediately headed over. "Hey, I can help. I love to help out people, especially my best friend and the best medical per in the whole world. Just let me know what you need and I am sure you will do an amazing job." Once he knows what help Lulu needs Forty Two gets to work, doing all he can to make sure she is taken care of. Until eventually the work died down and he was bored again.

Wondering around Forty Two ended up finding @Ophelia Monk looking at the knife they had found. "Hey I can help you wit that. I have made lots of magic knives. They are totally cool and everything. A lot of them I make it so they throw better or so they fight better. I even make them sometimes to just hold spell energy for latter." Offering to help her identify its use Forty Two loved working with Ophelia, she was always os bald and so skinny he just knew she needed help. What a great friend. But eventually she also just needed space to do her own thing so Forty Two wondered off.

Eventually he noticed the poor blue skinned elves hanging and sad, they had lost two children and Forty Two was not sure how to comfort people is such loss. His best friend would always know the right words here. But 42 was just out. So instead he went over and showed them his dancing elf figure. "Maybe I can help and make something like this for you to remember you children?" He offered, then he set to work, doing his best to use the materials available and the gems he had on him Forty Two started designing and crafting the best statues he could of the children lost above. "I know nothing can bring back her children, but if it is not hated in your culture. Maybe you could give her this remembrance?" He asks the leader handing her the statues h made for the grieving woman.

That done it was getting time to get out of here, and that meant he needed to go see his best friend @Aggelos. "Hey Aggy, you need a hug." He says giving her a great big hug. "I know no one else would want to hug you, so I wanted to let you know your my best friend, and I like you." Taking a breath. "I think it is about time we start getting ready to get out of here, right?"
Ophelia Monk

Post by Ophelia Monk »

Ophelia shakes her head @74Z3 Jane Doe. "Nothing so gracious or noble as a dragon, I am afraid. It is a great vessel of war, used by the Coalition. They are called Death's Head Transports, and they are used to lay waste to entire swathes of land, slaughtering those below indiscriminately, whether friend or foe, combatant or innocent."
Ophelia Monk
Novice Psi-Ghost Mind Melter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 5/d6-1; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (4 EBA); Strain: 0
Skills:
Athletics d6; Stealth d6; Notice d8
Battle d8; Common Knowledge d8
Performance d6; Persuasion d6; Intimidation d6
Psionics d10 (Free Re-roll, Opposed +2); Fighting d6; Shooting d6
Edges: Mentalist, Channeling, Concentration; Master Psionics
Hindrances: Elderly; Obligation (Psi-Ghost clan); Poverty; Quirk; Minor Mutant; Major Vow; Major Wanted/Enemy (CS & True Federation)
ISP: 30
Powers: Ghosting, Expanded Awareness, Alter Aura, Thousand Faces, Phatasmagoria, Psychic Touch, Psychic Intrusion, Psychic Theft, Psychic Dominion, Psychometry, Enervation, Adrenal Surge; Bound Sleep
Gear:
Plastic Man Light EBA (+4A/+1T)
Wilk’s 320 “Classic” Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 3d6 AP 2, 20 Shots; +1 Shooting)
NGR Brand Vibro Shortsword (Str+d8 MD; Common Knowledge roll to prevent Tech Difficulty)
Communicator, Binoculors
Keith

Post by Keith »

[dice:2eq8i1ey]63695:0[/dice:2eq8i1ey]

Spirit [dice:2eq8i1ey]63695:1[/dice:2eq8i1ey]
Wild Die [dice:2eq8i1ey]63695:2[/dice:2eq8i1ey]

Keith finds that he likes the silo. The cramped quarters welcome him like a warm embrace, and he turns out to be quite popular, frequently being asked to top off the power charge on one of the lamps. He spends much of this time hovering in place, meditating to clear his mind. However he finds himself unable to do so, the mysterious woman flitting into the edge of his consciousness right before he's able to zone out.
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Interlude roll[dice:1pdxl8y1]63807:0[/dice:1pdxl8y1] Skill
Lulu works her healing skill all around the room. Everyone's impressed.

-------------------------

The clang of the the hatch above her is still ringing in her ears when the bombs start falling. She can hear the dull explosions above, see the trickles of dust falling from the ceiling and feel the vibrations through her boots on the platform. The adrenaline rush hasn't yet burned off and she can't hold still any longer. Lulu gives into her need to move by maneuvering Lumkiss down to the floor of the silo. She immediately takes note of the injured technowizard and adds him to her mental to-do list. Lulu quietly thanks those who help her carry Pender and get him settled even before pulling a scanner out of her pack to check his vitals again.

She nods at Claude when he directs everyone to speak up for medical attention. She works her way around the room, sending helpful 42 back and forth for supplies. Aggy seems to be in the worst shape, the warrior is technically awake and moving methodically through cleaning her weaponry, but Lulu can tell it's only adrenaline. Lulu crouches behind where the other woman is sitting up and pulls on her last bits of power to close the wounds in her side and heal her damaged kidney. "Fi Vindecat"

While she bandages the remaining burns with ointment and gauze, she softly speaks care instructions she's repeated thousands of times to other wounded soldiers. "Keep it clean, try not to move it too much, soak the gauze with warm water if they stick, and change the dressing daily. I'll be back to check on it later." Lulu pauses and shakes her head at herself. "Hopefully I'll be able to heal it later and you won't have to worry about bandage changes. It depends on how long we stay in one place.

Lulu moves on to Keith and drains the last bits of her energy on him. "Fi Vindecat. That's the best I can do for you at the moment, buddy. If you're still hurting after I've gotten some sleep, I'll see what I can do. For now, try to rest and regain some energy.Do you eat?"

Healing!! Hopefully...
Spending 3 PP for Healing spell on Aggy with +2
Faith(Spirit)[dice:1pdxl8y1]63807:1[/dice:1pdxl8y1]
Wild [dice:1pdxl8y1]63807:2[/dice:1pdxl8y1]
Success = Auto raise. Two Wounds Healed for Aggy

Spending 3PP for Healing spell on Keith with +2
Faith(Spirit)[dice:1pdxl8y1]63807:3[/dice:1pdxl8y1]
Wild [dice:1pdxl8y1]63807:4[/dice:1pdxl8y1] Ace! --> [dice:1pdxl8y1]63807:5[/dice:1pdxl8y1]
3 raises. Is that 4 wounds healed? If not, it's at least 2.

Current bennies: 1/3 powerpoints: 1/15

She addresses the worst and takes her time working on the technowizard until she's sure he's just resting comfortably and should be alright after a few hours sleep. All in all she spends about 10-20 minutes with most of the people in the room, some just ordering them to drink water when 42 brings it to them. Once she's assessed and helped those who indicated, and set a cup of hot tea into Ophelia's hands, Lulu smiles at 42 and reaches out a hand to shake his...whatever he can shake her hand with.

"Thank you, 42. You've been a very big help. Do you need any attention? Any gears need greased or joints cleaned? "

When the work is done and her supplies are packed up, Lulu digs through a provision box until she can find a cup of instant ramen or soup and gets some water boiling. When it's ready she pours some soup off into a second cup and takes a seat next to Jane Doe. Setting the extra cup down between them, she leans against the wall and sips at her own.

"Your jerkface confederate accent is really coming along well. Can you make it sound like he's saying nice things about people, like complimenting Aggy's hair or something?"
Forty-Two wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:54 pmThat done it was getting time to get out of here, and that meant he needed to go see his best friend Aggelos. "Hey Aggy, you need a hug." He says giving her a great big hug. "I know no one else would want to hug you, so I wanted to let you know your my best friend, and I like you." Taking a breath. "I think it is about time we start getting ready to get out of here, right?"
"Oh goodness. That's not going to end well." Lulu mutters under her breath and sits up, ready to jump in if Aggy swats 42 across the room.
Lulu Borland__
Lulu Borland - Human Medic for Field Team Six

Pace: 6 Parry:5 Toughness: 5 (7 in Armor) Armor: 13/6
Wounds: None
PP: 1/15
First Aid kit: 2/3
Combat Edges: Luck, Quick, Combat Lifesaver
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Aggelos

Post by Aggelos »

After receiving medical attention from Lulu, 42 comes over to hug Aggy. "Ouch, hey I still have burns there. *sigh* You're worse than my aunt, I swear to Nemesis if you tell me I'm pretty and nice Angus will be rebuilding you." But her tone is not quite as hash as her words may sound, and she does let the little guy get his hug on.

Aggy then stands up and takes her helmet, speaking into it's internal microphone. "Command: Play track list one." Loud, heavy music can be heard to start to play from it's internal speakers as she slips it over the prisoners head. (Nonpoint: Bullet with a Name https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqHSGVtfXhc ) Then, mostly looking at Keith and Ophelia, "OK, so I think we can't really leave those Faelerin to the Coalition butchers. They sure as fuck ain't trying to send anyone home, unless by home they mean the afterlife. I figure if Ophelia can get the ID codes from shit for brains here and Jane can impersonate him, we can draw their APC into an ambush. But before we can do that we may have another problem, the shooters who got Pender may still be out there. I caught them as we were piling into here, there were at least two." Then she waits to see what her team mates think.
Character Name
Aggelos Nem
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 7/ 14(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Adventure Forum”