Eye of the Storm

User avatar
Gamil
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Gamil »

Gamil is close. Dangerously close. He can feel the moisture leave the exterior of his armor at is drawn to the figure before him.

"It is about to get real humid in here. Hopefully I can thaw some of this ice and get us back to walking on stone."

Aiming the barrel of his Fire Blast modifed Great Axe (Oath of Droan), towards the Ice Creature, he levels off another discharge round of fire.

Blast
Damage Modifier
Weird Science 1d10

Weird Science 1d10!!: [9] = 9
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Damage 3d6 (4d6 w/ raise)
Blast Damage 4d6!!: [5, 2, 2, 4] = 13
User avatar
Kaya
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Kaya »

Fighting 3
Fighting 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Bennie

Fighting 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Kaya didn't know wherever it was the chill in the air that was making it difficult to get a good swing in with her rapier. She thought she had a good swing at the creature, alas her blade went wide and missed it completely.
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 3

Vespernys shook her head at the woman in the cage. “You cannot be Aurora du Lac,” she said angrily. “Aurora du Lac is dead, lost in the Weald years ago!” she snapped at the woman. “And I would appreciate it if you would stop sullying the name of my house!”

***

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3581 r)
Boost Fighting to d12+1; Parry 9 (3r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 4/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 33
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

"I beg your pardon?! I am very much alive thank you very much! I'd call you the pretender if you didn't look quite so much like me."

There is a pause as something sinks in. Her horse had been gone when she woke. She hadn't really thought about it because she had been taken so quickly after waking but what if....

"How long have I been gone? There was no Vesper du Lac when I left. Are my brothers okay? Are they still alive? Girard and Cormac. Please tell me they are still alive."

She really should ask about her father as well but he was trying to force her to marry that buffoon. All for money. She shudders at the memory. At least that is unlikely to be still on the table.
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »

Aurora wrote:She can't see the new threat but she can feel the magic. She decides to reserve her own for when she can target whatever it is. She examines the lock of her cell to see how the get free.
After waking up in this ruin and being captured by ratmen, Aurora feared she might have been made into a meal for the nest. Instead, a tattooed and bearded boggart named Thurnbarch, all scars and gnarled muscle, had claimed her, dragging her into the frozen basement and throwing her in this frigid cell. She'd seen him summon sort of ice magic to seal the cage. As effective as Gamil's flaming spells have been against the frostwights, she figures fire would work against the icy door, as well. She notices the ice chimes faintly, too -- the right harmonics might crack the rime, as well.
Gamil wrote: Gamil is close. Dangerously close. He can feel the moisture leave the exterior of his armor at is drawn to the figure before him.

"It is about to get real humid in here. Hopefully I can thaw some of this ice and get us back to walking on stone."

Aiming the barrel of his Fire Blast modifed Great Axe (Oath of Droan), towards the Ice Creature, he levels off another discharge round of fire.
The icy mist proves just as vulnerable to Gamil's fire magic as the frostwights. The tongue of flame that erupts from his axe tears into the frigid creature, blasting away tatters of ice crystals in an explosive rush of steam. It is sorely wounded, but not vanquished. With a scream like a winter howling among mountain peaks, it reforms and presses the attack.


GM Benny to Soak = Failure, 1 Wound
1d10!!: [3] = 3
GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

"It would appear my cell needs some fire to open. Vibrations might do too and while my singing has been known to break things I doubt anyone wants it to be their ears."

It was a sort of coping mechanism, joking about. Realizing that you had been missing for quite a long time is rather stressful, especially when you are not, as yet, free to return home to let everyone know you are alive and well.
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Jaenelle
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Jaenelle »

OOC Comments
Occult 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild Occult 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Success: Activate Antipathetic Blade keyed to Frost Elemental.
Jaenelle calls out to the bickering women. "Remember where we are, Ladies. The woman in the cell is either the real Aurora du Lac, asleep some twenty-odd years and now returning, or a changeling planted here. We can find out which it is once we're back in the mortal realm and cold iron is more conveniently available. In the meantime, she's been trapping the wights, so she's at least an ally to our cause, and should probably be freed from the cell." Mentally, she sighed. Nobles...

Seeing the frost-spirit-thing withstand (if not unscathed) the effects of Gamil's blast, she looks at her runed blade once more. "Let's see... I wonder if your flames will work as well against--" She cuts off as the glow shimmers and assumes a brighter, bluer hue, still flame-like. "Ah. If someone would be so kind as to remove this fellow from the stairs, I might be able to hurt our new threat. I suspect my blade no longer will bite the wights as easily."
Jaenelle
Human Student of the Dark Arts
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5/6; Toughness: Torso/Arms 8(2); Legs 7(1); Head 6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Occult d8, Research d4, Survival d6, Spellcasting d10, Fighting d6 (+1 w/ Runesword)
Edges: AB: Magic; Trademark Weapon: Runesword
Powers: banish, darksight, protection, boost Fighting/Shooting/Athletics; light
Gear
Runesword: Str + d6, may have other properties
Ritual Dagger: Str + d4
Reward amulet: Properties unknown
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 3

“Pretender!” Vespernys exclaimed with great offense. The woman mentioned Girard and Cormac, though that information could be had easily enough. And Jaenelle scolded them as well. Vesper looked slightly chagrined.

“Girard is off to war,” she said. “Cormac is still alive, though lost in the Weald. Apparently this situation is partially his fault,” Vesper explained.

***

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3581 r)
Boost Fighting to d12+1; Parry 9 (3r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 4/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 33
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
User avatar
Halt
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Halt »

"While bunch of nobles bickering while something else kills everybody is a marked improvement over the normal course of things, can you two maybe focus until after we aren't in mortal danger?"

Halt turns toward the last Frost wight around him and take a stab with his knife, not really expected to do much damage, but hoping he can distract it enough to allow kaya to get a good strike in.

Fighting = 5, damage = 3

Bonus +1 for gang up
Fighting Roll 1d6!! 1d6!!: [4]+[3] = 7 = 5 hit

Damage 1d6!! + 1d4!!: [2]+[1] = 3
As expected, the small hunting knife glances off of the rusted, ice encrusted armor, but the creature does seem to struggle to address enemies on both sides.

"@Kaya, didn't you have a magic tuning fork from up stairs? Maybe that's what's needed to open the cell? Toss it to @Layna and maybe she can get it open.
Halt O'Carrick
Details
Bennies: 3/ 3


Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 8(2)

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Woodsman: +2 to Survival and Stealth in the wilds
Elan: +2 when spending a benny to reroll
Menacing: +2 to intimidation
Danger Sense: +2 to notice for surprise. Notice at -2 to detect hazard

Notable Hindrances:
Mean: -1 to persuasion
All thumbs: -2 to mechanical/electrical device rolls

Update Signature
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

"I'd focus on it if I could actually do anything," she says drily to Halt. "...And if this chit, weren't saying I am not who I am."

There is a brief pause before she looks at Vesper again, troubled. "Cormac can't be responsible for me going to sleep, I left before he did. Though he could have something to do with this ice mess, I suppose. Anyway, what war is my brother fighting in?"
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Layna
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Layna »

If she receives the tuning fork, Layna runs to the door to try and open it.

If not, she sends a pair of daggers flying at the wight again!

Athletics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [10!, 4]+[2] = 16 hit with a raise
Second throw Athletics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [5]+[4] = 9 hit
MAP offset by ambidextrous and two-fisted
, with the first burying itself in the creature's eye almost up to the hilt
First dagger 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [2]+[3]+[4]+1 = 10
Benny to reroll: Reroll first dagger 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [5]+[1]+[6!, 5]+1 = 18

Second dagger 1d6!+1d4!+1: [2]+[2]+1 = 5
and the second bouncing off.
Layna
Untested Thief
Pace: 6; Parry: 5, 6 w/staff; Toughness: 7(2)
Notes/Edges:Curious; Fortune's Favor (+1 Benny/session); Thief; Alertness (d8+2)
Character Sheet
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: The Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »

The bickering between the two young ladies du Lac nearly drowns out the sound of battle, at least until Gamil summons another gout of fire to blast the swirling ice wraith, which looses a shriek like a boreal banshee.

As Jaenelle alters the enchantment on her blade to confront the icy mist, Layna darts forward, grabbing the tuning fork from Kaya's belt and sliding it through the bars of the cage to Aurora. As she goes, she flings a dagger that takes the skull clean off the northernmost frostwight, giving Jaenelle a clear route to the wraith.

Neither Kaya nor Halt managed to land a killing blow on the remaining frostwight, though with no others around, they'll be able to Gang Up on it in the future.

The ice wraith, wounded but not destroyed, rushes forward like a arctic wind, reaching out with tendrils of ice that slash at Jaenelle like razor-edged whips. The young Tender's antithetical blade seems to leap in her hand, intercepting each strike, eliciting more howls from the frustrated creature.

To the south, Halt is caught off-guard by the remaining frostwight, which grabs at his cloak and throws him up against the icy bars of Aurora's cell before stabbing its broken sword blade nearly clean through his shoulder! [A Raise and an aced damage roll = 17 damage, for 2 Wounds to Halt.]

As the young ranger struggles, blood freezing around the wight's bitterly cold blade, the door to the south is thrown open with an icy crack. An oddly-proportioned figure stomps in, a walking snarl framed by a wild beard, gangly limbs covered in savage tattoos. There is no doubt this creature is the treacherous boggart, Thurnbarch, and in his hands he carries a brutal greatsword of blue ice, cast in the arcane forge above.

Thurnbarch.png
Thurnbarch.png (93.65 KiB) Viewed 1559 times

"So, the 'Tumnal King sends children to do murder in his stead? Well, children or not, I'll send the red bastard his assassins back as heads on pikes, mark me well!"

In a deep and rasping voice, the fey warrior begins chanting in the ancient tongue of the north wind, his blade swirling through the arctic air and shedding flurries of snow.

As he finishes the incantation, you feel the temperature of the room you're in plunge drastically -- the air seems to freeze in your throat, your blood pounds sluggishly and you struggle to move your arms for feel they'll snap in the bone-numbing cold. [Everyone in the central room is struck by sudden hypothermia (a cold-themed Stun spell) and must make a Vigor check or be Stunned. If you succeed, you still suffer -2 Pace this round (which can be ignored on a Raise). If you fail, you don't fall prone but suffer all the other effects of Stunned (p. 106 of SWADE)]


Ice Wraith attacks Jaenelle
Fighting 1d8!!: [4] = 4
GM Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d8!!: [5] = 5

Skeleton attacks Halt
Fighting 1d6!!: [1] = 1
GM Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10 = Hit with a Raise
Damage 3d6!!: [3, 1, 13!!] = 17

Thurnbarch casts Hypothermia (cold-themed Stun, in an LBT that covers everyone in the main room)
Spellcasting d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Basement4.JPG

You're up! And Aurora drew a Joker -- she gets +2 to all Trait rolls and +2 damage for the round, and everyone gets a Benny!

One frostwight remains, along with the (Wounded) ice wraith and now Thurnbarch.

Frostwights: Parry 5; Toughness: 10 (3); Weakness: Fire (+4 damage/-4 to resist)

Ice wraith: Parry 6; Toughness 12 (2); Weaknesses/Qualities Fire (+4 damage/-4 to resist)

Thurnbarch*: Parry 8; Toughness 11 (3); Weaknesses/Qualities ??

Terrain: The icy ground is treacherous. If you move more than half your Pace, you must make an Agility check or fall Prone.



Jaenelle 1d54: [41] = 41 = 3 Diamonds
Gamil 1d54: [45] = 45 = 7 Diamonds
Kaya 1d54: [41] = 41 = Reroll 1d54: [45] = 45 = Reroll 1d54: [26] = 26 = Ace of Hearts
Halt 1d54: [52] = 52 = Ace of Diamonds
Vesper 1d54: [24] = 24 = Queen of Hearts
Lelya 1d54: [26] = 26 = Reroll 1d54: [25] = 25 = King of Hearts
Layna 1d54: [46] = 46 = 8 Diamonds
Aurora (Quick) 1d54: [54] = 54 = Black Joker
Enemies = 1d54: [11] = 11 = Queen of Spades

Aurora is +2 for the round, everyone gets a Bennie
GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Layna
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Layna »

Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [5]+[3] = 8
, though it clearly still has an effect.

She stays where she is,
Athletics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [10!, 7]+[6!, 5] = 28
but
Damage 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [2]+[1]+[2]+1 = 6
Reroll 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [1]+[1]+[4]+1 = 7
That’s garbage. Again! Reroll 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [2]+[1]+[3]+1 = 7
Seriously? Not a single explosion?
Another Reroll 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [4]+[2]+[1]+1 = 8
I give up.



Her other hand
Athletics 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [10!, 4]+[1] = 15
and
Damage 1d6!+1d4!+1d6!+1: [6!, 6!, 3]+[4!, 2]+[4]+1 = 26
, puncturing through the creature’s neck and spilling its blood freely.
Layna
Untested Thief
Pace: 6; Parry: 5, 6 w/staff; Toughness: 7(2)
Notes/Edges:Curious; Fortune's Favor (+1 Benny/session); Thief; Alertness (d8+2)
Character Sheet
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Vigor 4
Vigor 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Shooting 7, 2
-4 MAP, -2 cover
Shooting 1d10!!-6: [13!!]-6 = 7
Wild 1d6!!-6: [9!!]-6 = 3
Shooting 1d10!!-6: [8]-6 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-6: [8!!]-6 = 2
Damage 7 AP 1
1d10!!+1d6!!+2: [2]+[3]+2 = 7

Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 4

“Who are you calling a chit, you old bag?” Vespernys shot back at Aurora. The woman wasn’t making any sense. “Father is off with the southern kingdom fighting against the Free City of Argos.”

Vespernys shivered as the cold rushed over her. “Thurbach!” she said through chattering teeth, managing to shake off most of the chill, but her boots were still frozen to the stone floor. Someone needed to deal with Thurbach, and the others were occupied with the ice wraith and the frost wight.

Vesper reached into her hair and pulled out a second bowstring she kept there, out of the elements. She took a moment to restring her bow, then pulled out another arrow. It was a bit more difficult to sight down at Thurbach with Kayla and the frostwight between, but she managed, and let loose two arrows at the boggart. One arrow struck the fey warrior, but didn’t seem to hurt him.

***
Action: Restring bow
Action: Fire at Thurbach
Action: Fire at Thurbach

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3580 r)
Boost Fighting to d12+1; Parry 9 (2r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 5/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 31
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

She smirked a bit at Vesper's response, a little bit of pride swelling for her fiery niece. "Okay, I like you, my dear niece. I have no idea how I slept so long without changing, but it would appear that you certainly have the temperament of a Du Lac woman. We never have been as submissive as the men would like."

Vigor roll raise
Vigor 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Die 1d6!! +2: [1] = 1
The cold wave rolled over her and she shivered briefly but she had been here a while and it didn't affect her too terribly. She walked back to the door of her cell and struck the tuning fork then pressed the end against the lock before turning her gaze to the man who had orchestrated her capture. "I see you are feeling quite weak today."

Lower Trait (Vigor) 2 die types, -2 to pace, -2 to spirit roll to shake off
Boost/Lower Trait (Lower Vigor) 1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild Die 1d6: [3] = 3

4 pp cost, base 2, +1 for -2 to spirit to shake the effect off and +1 for -2 to pace
Band of glowing light wrapped themselves around Thurnbach's ankles glowing more and more blue as they seem to suck the life out of him.
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Kaya
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Kaya »

Vigor 5
Vigor 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Kaya gasps in surprise at the sudden cold, though it does not seem to have any real effect upon her. With an enemy still in front of her, she lashes out with her rapier once again. Though it struck true this time, the blow failed to inflict any injury.

Fighting 6, Damage 7
Fighting 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [2]+[1] = 3

Bennie

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [4]+[3] = 7
User avatar
Halt
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Halt »

Soak
1d8!! 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6
Bennie with Elan
1d8!!+2 1d6!!+2: [3]+2+[2]+2 = 9
Last Bennie
1d8!!+2 1d6!!+2: [4]+2+[13!!]+2 = 21
vigor against cold
1d8!! 1d6!!: [2]+[2] = 4
The frostwright's sudden viciousness takes Halt off guard, but though the blade bites deep, it misses cutting any major muscles. Halt grimaces at the pain, but he's experienced worse from his days in the woods.

The open wound, however, seems to let the cold from Thurnbach's spell creep into his body in a way that it doesnt for the others. Halts eyelids droop as his body stops shivering as the beginning stages of hypothermia begin to set it.

intimidation - Doesnt matter - Halt is stunned
Intimidation
1d8!!+2 1d6!!+2: [6]+2+[3]+2 = 13
Halt O'Carrick
Details
Bennies: 3/ 3


Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 8(2)

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Woodsman: +2 to Survival and Stealth in the wilds
Elan: +2 when spending a benny to reroll
Menacing: +2 to intimidation
Danger Sense: +2 to notice for surprise. Notice at -2 to detect hazard

Notable Hindrances:
Mean: -1 to persuasion
All thumbs: -2 to mechanical/electrical device rolls

Update Signature
User avatar
Jaenelle
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Jaenelle »

Holding Post for Ruling on EP
Starting Stats:
Parry 8, Bennies 2/3, PP 8/15
Round 5 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10

+1 Benny from Allied Joker; 3/3
Spending a Benny for +5 PP; 13/15

Stun Resist:
Vigor 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild Vigor 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Multi-action! -2 MAP this round

Attacking the Ice Wraith; Wild Attack, +2 Fighting/Damage, -2 Parry
Ice Wraith: Parry 6; Toughness 12 (2)
1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild Fighting 1d6!!: [21!!] = 21 (Forgot +1 from Trademark Weapon, but no difference)
Hit with a Raise:
Sword Raise Damage 3d6!!: [4, 1, 1] = 6
...
Right. No Damage.

Casting Protection (2 PP Base, Toughness +1, More Armor +1, Extra Recipients +7; Total PP cost 11)
Spellcasting -2 due to MAP
Spellcasting 1d10!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny to Reroll:
Reroll Spellcasting 1d10!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Reroll Spellcasting 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Benny to Reroll:
Reroll Spellcasting 1d10!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Reroll Spellcasting 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
First EP-for-Benny-for-Reroll:
Reroll Spellcasting 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Reroll Spellcasting 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Second EP:
Reroll Spellcasting 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Reroll Spellcasting 1d6!!-2: [20!!]-2 = 18
Finally! And getting the Raise, too!

All PCs get +6 Toughness for the duration.

Final Stats:
Parry 6 (Wild Attack), Toughness: 14(2); Bennies 0/3, PP 2/15
Round 5 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10 (She'll have to decide if she wants to maintain the Power for another 5 rounds starting next round)
Round 1 of Protection (Toughness)
Jaenelle scowls darkly as Halt scarcely avoids the Frostwight's blade in time, and hisses in frustration as Thurnbarch enters and begins taunting them, though she manages to shrug off the worst of the chilling numbness--her legs feel rooted to the spot, but she wasn't planning on moving just yet, anyway.

She swings wildly at the Ice Wraith; the blade skitters across it, but fails to find purchase. In the same breath, however, she calls upon her still-nascent magical powers to protect her friends (and apparent ally) from further injury. At first the innate corrupt magic of this place seems to resist her own, but she pushes through the miasma with a force of will she didn't even know she possessed, and a brief blue glow surrounds her allies, becoming a grand, if ghostly suit of armor. Curiously, each such suit is form-fitting and decorated according to that character's personality, and moves with them as if it were part of their very being. Her own aegis bears the image of a raven on the breastplate, and the helm has a raven-head motif; decorative (if ethereal) feathers at the ankles and wrists complete the image.
Jaenelle
Human Student of the Dark Arts
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5/6; Toughness: Torso/Arms 8(2); Legs 7(1); Head 6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Occult d8, Research d4, Survival d6, Spellcasting d10, Fighting d6 (+1 w/ Runesword)
Edges: AB: Magic; Trademark Weapon: Runesword
Powers: banish, darksight, protection, boost Fighting/Shooting/Athletics; light
Gear
Runesword: Str + d6, may have other properties
Ritual Dagger: Str + d4
Reward amulet: Properties unknown
User avatar
Gamil
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Gamil »

From the stairs North East of Jaenelle, Gamil watches the creature of Ice move into the frey, down the other set of stairs. It would seem in perfect timing that Thurbach had joined the battle as well. Gamil guessed that Thurbah had the ruined blade, as he was the only thing big enough in this place to likely weild it.

Turning back towards the ice creature, Gamil strokes the "barrel" of the flame spitter.

"Don't fail me now."

Blast to Ice Wraith
Damage Modifier
Weird Science 1d10

Weird Science 1d10!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Damage 3d6 (4d6 w/ raise)
Blast Damage 3d6!!: [7!!, 3, 4] = 14 [+4 fire vulnerability] [Total 18 Damage (Fire)]
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: The Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »

Despite the numbing cold of his magic, the appearance of Thurnbarch sends a surge of adrenaline through most of the group of heroes -- although Halt finds himself overcome by the supernatural chill, his muscles seizing up as the arctic magic settles into his bones.

Layna flings a pair of daggers across the room at the remaining frostwight, the first embedding itself in the ancient skull before the second blade neatly decapitates it, causing it to crumble to the ground.

Jaenelle attacks the ice wraith with her own ensorceled blade. Though the attack fails to bite deep, the distraction allows Gamil to get into position to unleash another blast of flame that tears apart the elemental creature in a rush of steam.

The du Lac women turn their attentions to Thurnbarch, but the traitorous bogun proves more resilient, shrugging off arrow and spell alike.

As Jaenelle weaves a powerful spell of protection, shrouding the companions in arcane armor, Thurnbarch sneers and spits.

"Ah, work your petty magicks. They won't save you from the winter's touch. The lucky among you will go into my larder. Those who take longer to spill their steaming blood I'll keep in a cage of ice 'til your meat is good and seasoned!"

He barks out the ancient words of another frost spell, crude but effective, and razor-sharp shards of ice form along the edges of his long blade. Then, with blistering speed, he charges into your ranks, sweeping his double-handed sword in a wide arc that slices first into Kaya, then Layna, then Halt's defenseless form!

[Thurnbarch's Sweep attack hits with Raise (and then some). Kaya suffers 1 Wound; Layna suffers 3 Wounds; Halt suffers 2 Wounds. If, after making any Soak attempts, you still suffer damage, you must pass a Vigor check at -2 or also suffer a level of Fatigue.]



Thurnbarch Spirit vs. Lower Trait 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Wild Card Benny 1/2
Spirit 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5 = Success
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

GM Benny to Soak for the Ice Wraith
Vigor 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

It dead

Thurnbarch casts Smite with the AP(x1) modifier
Spellcasting 1d8!!: [7] = 7 = Forgot the -2 MAP, still a success
1d6!!: [1] = 1
Gains +2 damage, AP2

Then advances, uses Imp. Sweep vs. Kaya, Layna and Halt
Fighting 1d10!!-1: [25!!]-1 = 24
Wild 1d6!!-1: [1]-1 = 0

O Lort. Hit all three with a Raise.
Kaya damage: 2d10!!+1d6!!: [9, 2]+[5] = 16 +2 for Smite = 18 damage, AP2 vs. Toughness 12(1) = 1 Wound
Layna damage: 2d10!!+1d6!!: [6, 12!!]+[3] = 21 +2 for Smite = 23 damage, AP 2 vs Toughness 13(2) = 3 Wounds
Halt damage: 2d10!!+1d6!!+4: [6, 9]+[1]+4 = 20 +2 for Smite = 22 damage, AP 2 vs. Toughness 14(2) = 2 Wounds
If all Wounds are not soaked, must make Vigor at -2 or take a level of Fatigue

Basement5.JPG

You're up!

Thurnbarch*: Parry 8; Toughness 11 (3); Weaknesses/Qualities ??

Terrain: The icy ground is treacherous. If you move more than half your Pace, you must make an Agility check or fall Prone.



Jaenelle 1d54: [31] = 31 = 6 Clubs
Gamil 1d54: [12] = 12 = King of Spades
Kaya 1d54: [34] = 34 = 9 Clubs
Halt 1d54: [41] = 41 = 3 Diamonds
Vesper 1d54: [7] = 7 = 8 Spades
Layna 1d54: [50] = 50 = Queen of Diamonds
Aurora (Quick) 1d54: [5] = 5 = 6 Spades
Enemies = 1d54: [1] = 1 = 2 Spades

GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Shooting 4, 14 Raise, 4
-4 MAP
Shooting 1d10!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-4: [8!!]-4 = 4
Shooting 1d10!!-4: [18!!]-4 = 14
Wild 1d6!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Shooting 1d10!!-4: [8]-4 = 4
Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Damage 9, 17, 6 AP 1
+2 Weapon Specialization
2d6!!+2: [4, 3]+2 = 9
3d6!!+2: [1, 1, 13!!]+2 = 17
2d6!!+2: [2, 2]+2 = 6
Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 4

“No!” Vespernys cried out as Thurbach cut into her friends with that large sword of his. She retreated up the stairs a bit for more space and a higher vantage and fired three more arrows into the traitorous bogun.

***
Move: NW-N-N
Action: Shoot at Thurbach
Action: Shoot at Thurbach
Action: Shoot at Thurbach

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3578 r)
Boost Fighting to d12+1; Parry 9 (1r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 5/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 31
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
User avatar
Kaya
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Kaya »

Soak 4
Vigor 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Kaya gasped as the icy blade sliced into her, though thankfully it seemed to only nick her rather than actually biting into her flesh. Still smarting with the pain, Kaya struck back with her rapier.

Fighting 17, Damage 7
Presuming +2 bonus from Ganging Up.

Fighting 1d8!!+2: [15!!]+2 = 17
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4

Damage 2d6!!+1d4!!: [1, 3]+[3] = 7
User avatar
Halt
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Halt »

Vigor to Soak, 15 both wounds soaked
1d8! 1d6!: [6]+[2] = 8
Bennie to reroll with Elan
1d8!+2 1d6!+2: [5]+2+[6!, 6!, 1]+2 = 22
Vigor to become un-stunned - 5, stunned, but distracted and vulnerable
1d8! 1d6!: [3]+[5] = 8
Thurnbarch's blade bite deep into Halt side... or at least appears to. The winter clothing and cloak he wears is thick, so the blade only grazes the woodsman side. The wound isn't serious, and causes enough pain to wake Halt out of his hypothermic stupor.

Trying his best not to stumble as he circles around the bloodthirsty fey, Halt positions himself so that no matter where Thurnbarch turns, he has an enemy at his back. Unwilling to take time to re-string his bow, Halt uses his second best weapon... his tongue.

"Charging in to be surrounded by enemies?" He says through clattering teeth, making a few superficial swipes with his knife. I'm surprised, I didnt think you'd be AS stupid as the Autumn King said you were. You've gone and positioned yourself perfectly for us to deliver the 'gift' Fionbharr asked us to present to you..." Halt give his best wicked grin, hoping the Redcap doesn't see through his bluff.

Intimidation 5 for distracted
Mods: +2 from Menacing, -2 from distracted
1d8! 1d6!: [1]+[5] = 6
Last edited by Halt on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Halt O'Carrick
Details
Bennies: 3/ 3


Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 8(2)

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Woodsman: +2 to Survival and Stealth in the wilds
Elan: +2 when spending a benny to reroll
Menacing: +2 to intimidation
Danger Sense: +2 to notice for surprise. Notice at -2 to detect hazard

Notable Hindrances:
Mean: -1 to persuasion
All thumbs: -2 to mechanical/electrical device rolls

Update Signature
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »


Spends a Benny to soak vs. Vesper's arrow attack
Vigor 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Takes a Wound, which causes his special Berserk to trigger

Has to roll to resist Halt's Intimidate (really more of a Taunt, but we'll go with it); -2 because he's Thin-Skinned
Spirit 1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2


Kaya's rapier and two of Vesper's arrows glance off Thurnbarch's tattooed flesh, but the third missile strikes true. The traitorous bogun's eyes widen and twitch as he pulls the shaft free, at the same moment Halt chooses to begin his taunting threats.

"Sent a gift, for me, did he ... well, I'll return the bastard's favor in blood!" Thurnbarch roars, spittle flying as every vein in his body seems to pop. His bones crack and stretch as his muscles swell and the wiry fae warrior grows to the size of an ogre, eyes bloodshot and rolling like a frenzied beast -- or a blood-soaked raider lost in the fury of the bearsarks!

Enraged and Enbiggened Thurnbarch*: Parry 8; Toughness 13 (3); Weaknesses/Qualities Thin-Skinned, ??

Halt's choice, he's either Distracted (-2 to his actions) or Vulnerable (+2 to hit him) until the end of this turn.
GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Jaenelle
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Jaenelle »

OOC Comments
Stats:
Benny Reset!
Parry 8, Toughness: 14(2); Bennies 3/3, PP 2/15
Round 5 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10
Round 1 of Protection (Toughness)
Spending a PP to Maintain True Strike for another 5 turns.

Moving in on the angle to attack Thurnbach, taking +2 Gang-up with Kaya, and Wild Attacking Thurnbach with her runesword (+2 Hit/Damage, -2 Parry)
Net roll: Fighting d10. +1 TMW, +2 Wild Attack, +2 Gang-up, -4 Called Shot to the vitals; final 1d10+1
Fighting 1d10!!+1: [7]+1 = 8
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
Damage +2 for Wild Attack, +4 for Called Shot to the vitals
Damage 2d6!!+6: [2, 5]+6 = 13
Shaken, and more importantly, she now gets a +2 the occult roll to activate Antithetical Blade against Thurnbach.

Stats:
Parry 6 (Wild Attack), Toughness: 14(2); Bennies 3/3, PP 3/15
Round 6 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10 (She'll have to decide if she wants to maintain the Power for another 5 rounds starting next round)
Round 2 of Protection (Toughness)
Seeing the horrific transformation and the vicious assault on Halt, Jaenelle steels her will, and taking only a heartbeat to sustain the True Strike spell, moves in, far too close to the monstrous bogun's claws, and drives her blade upward to his nether-region, being rewarded for her effort with a solid 'thuk'. There's a tremor through the sword, then, and a faint feeling of triumph. She looks up (and up) at the fiend and manages a grim smile. "The Blade knows your name, Beast." If only she weren't so very, very close and off-balance...
Jaenelle
Human Student of the Dark Arts
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5/6; Toughness: Torso/Arms 8(2); Legs 7(1); Head 6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Occult d8, Research d4, Survival d6, Spellcasting d10, Fighting d6 (+1 w/ Runesword)
Edges: AB: Magic; Trademark Weapon: Runesword
Powers: banish, darksight, protection, boost Fighting/Shooting/Athletics; light
Gear
Runesword: Str + d6, may have other properties
Ritual Dagger: Str + d4
Reward amulet: Properties unknown
User avatar
Layna
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Layna »

Soaks 2 Wounds, Shrugs off Fatigue
Soak 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[3] = 4
Reroll Soak 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [6!, 4]+[5] = 15
Vigor at -2 for Fatigue: Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [2]+[6!, 6!, 6!, 1] = 21
Layna tumbles with the force of the blow, but lands on her feet. She sucks in air as the monster's blade pierces her side, but she is lucky enough to come away with a relatively minor cut. The cold around the wound is initially distracting, but it does serve to numb the pain a bit, which is a welcome surprise.

"That hurt," she growls, "my turn."

She
She moves 3", which triggers an attack for withdrawing from melee
then throws and connects with both knives, doing

Athletics for First Knife 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [7]+[3] = 10 at -1 for Wound and +2 for Vulnerable = 8, raise
Damage: 1d6!+1d4!+1: [6!, 1]+[3]+1 = 11 + Raise 1d6!: [3] = 3

Athletics for Second Knife 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [7]+[5] = 12 at -1 for Wound and +2 for Vulnerable = 8, raise
Damage: 1d6!+1d4!+1: [2]+[3]+1 = 6 + raise Raise 1d6!: [2] = 2
, respectively.
Layna
Untested Thief
Pace: 6; Parry: 5, 6 w/staff; Toughness: 7(2)
Notes/Edges:Curious; Fortune's Favor (+1 Benny/session); Thief; Alertness (d8+2)
Character Sheet
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Shooting 5; Damage 14 AP 1
-4 Head shot, +2 Marksman
Shooting 1d12!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Damage (Weapon Specialization, Heavy Draw) 1d10!!+1d6!!+2: [6]+[2]+2 = 10 +4 headshot
Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 5

Vespernys’ eyes widened as Thurnbach grew in size. “Lord and Lady!” she muttered, making a sign against evil. “Well, I guess it’s just a bigger target,” she said, drawing back her bow string and taking aim again, this time aiming for Thurbach’s head.

***
Move:
Action:

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3577 r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 4/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 30
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: The Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »

Ok, at the point that Jaenelle attacks, Thurnbarch is Distracted (-2 to his rolls) and still Shaken (because he didn't Soak all the wounds that triggered Berserk).

Since he's Shaken, Jaenelle's attack would cause a Wound.

GM Benny to Soak
Vigor 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

GM Benny to try that again
Vigor 1d10!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Soaks the wound and is un-Shaken

Now Thurnbarch gets a Free Attack vs Layna as she retreats; this isn't a Wild Attack, per the rules, so doesn't trigger Vulnerable yet. He is Distracted, though

Fighting 1d10!!-1: [9]-1 = 8 = Hit
Wild 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4

Damage 1d12!!+1d10!!+1: [10]+[6]+1 = 17 = 2 Wounds to Layna and she needs to make a Vigor check at -2 or suffer a level of Fatigue.

For simplicity's sake, we'll say her attack hits like normal whether or not she is wounded, so he's Shaken, meaning Vesper's shot would cause a Wound.

GM Benny to Soak
Vigor 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

And we'll say he takes that one. So he's now at 2 Wounds and still Shaken.


Still Shaken from the wound that triggered his berserk growth, Thurnbarch is caught off-guard by Jaenelle's wild attack. As she withdraws her blade, a spot of dark blood spreads across the bogun's tattered kilt, but it doesn't seem to have struck anything vital. [Two GM Bennies spent]

If anything, the momentary pain causes the fae warrior to focus. As Layna scrambles backward, he lashes out with his frozen blade, landing a vicious blow. [Layna suffers 2 Wounds and needs to make a Vigor check at -2 or suffer a level of Fatigue.]

The dagger Layna flings at his face causes him to flinch back, however, leaving him vulnerable to a well-placed shot by Vesper. This one sinks deep, and for the first time seems to slow the wildman down, if only a little. GM Benny spent, fails to Soak so he takes a second Wound and remains Shaken]

Enraged and Enbiggened Thurnbarch*: Parry 8; Toughness 13 (3); Weaknesses/Qualities Thin-Skinned, ??

Has taken 2 Wounds (he ignores the penalties from 1), is Shaken and Distracted (-2 to his actions) until the end of his next turn.

Aurora and Gamil still have a chance to act this turn.
GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

Bolt 1 sux, DMG 7 AP 4
Faith bolt 1d10!!: [5] = 5
Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3

1 Bennie spent for 5 pp all used in the roll.
1pp base
2 pp for extra damage
2 pp for AP 4

DMG 3d6!!: [2, 1, 4] = 7
"Lord and Lady strike down my enemy!" she growls as she throws open the cage and slips out to move across from him but hopefully out if his range. (Trying to get to the spot two north of him) At her exclamation three glowing bolts of holy light shoot into him though not doing as much damage ad she could hope.
Last edited by Aurora on Sat May 08, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Gamil
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Gamil »

The Ice Wraith disipates into mist that gathers and then freezes. With the ground being slick, Gamil converts the flamethrower back into an ax, stows it and then begins digging.

Burrow 2 PPE
Power Modifier 1 PPE
Hurry Modifier 1 PPE
Weird Science 1d10
OOC Comments
Weird Science 1d10!!: [6] = 6 Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Gamil is attempting to surprise Thurnbarch, either dropping the ground around him or pulling him into a hole like he did with the wolves once before.
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: The Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »

Free roll to recover from Shaken
Spirit 1d8!!-3: [18!!]-3 = 15
Wild 1d6!!-3: [3]-3 = 0

Un-Shakes

Improved Sweep + Wild Attack + Distracted + -1 from Wounds; Reach 1 will hit everyone but Vesper and Gamil (underground)
Fighting 1d10!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Wild 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2

GM Benny to Reroll
Fighting 1d10!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Wild 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4

One more ...
Fighting 1d10!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-1: [8!!]-1 = 7

A 7 will hit but not raise against everyone within his Reach 1

Damage vs. Kaya 1d10!!+1d12!!+3: [3]+[3]+3 = 9 = Nil
Damage vs. Layna 1d10!!+1d12!!+3: [3]+[19!!]+3 = 25 = 3 Wounds
Damage vs. Halt 1d10!!+1d12!!+3: [4]+[6]+3 = 13 = Nil
Damage vs. Jaenelle 1d10!!+1d12!!+3: [2]+[11]+3 = 16 = Shaken
Damage vs. Aurora 1d10!!+1d12!!+3: [9]+[8]+3 = 20 = 2 Wounds


Aurora darts out of her cage, trying not to draw the fae berserker's eye as she summons bolts of holy energy, which fail to pierce Thurnbarch's tattooed flesh. Gamil, meanwhile burrows between the frozen stones, positioning himself to attack the murderous bogun from below. [Gamil can have The Drop against Thurnbarch in the next round.]

Thurnbarch's eyes roll wildly, like an animal driven mad by the smell of blood. He screams and curses incoherently, spittle flying as steam rolls off his swollen muscles. With a roar, he swings his icy blade around like a scythe. In his enraged form, his reach is greatly enhanced, and deadly shard of ice slices the air in an arc wide enough to threaten all but Vesper and Gamil, who lurks underground.

Jaenelle's mystical ward again proves a life-saver. Kaya and Halt see a flash of light and are rocked back by the blow, which fails to pierce the magical protection.

Jaenelle is stunned, but likewise suffers no physical harm. Layna and Aurora are not so lucky, as the jagged tip of the frozen blade tears through their arcane armor, inflicting what appear to be grievous wounds ...

[Jaenelle is Shaken; Aurora suffers 2 Wounds and Layna suffers 3 Wounds. All three must make Vigor checks at -2 or suffer a level of Fatigue from the numbing blade.]
Basement6.JPG

Jaenelle 1d54: [29] = 29 = 4 Clubs
Gamil 1d54: [30] = 30 = 5 Clubs
Kaya 1d54: [20] = 20 = 8 Hearts
Halt 1d54: [9] = 9 = 10 Spades
Vesper 1d54: [11] = 11 = Queen of Spades
Layna 1d54: [51] = 51 = King of Diamonds
Aurora (Quick) 1d54: [12] = 12 = King of Spades
Enemies 1d54: [33] = 33 = 8 Clubs

Players go first

You're up!

Enraged and Enbiggened Thurnbarch*: Parry 8; Toughness 13 (3); Weaknesses/Qualities Thin-Skinned, ??

Has taken 2 Wounds (he ignores the penalties from 1), and is Vulnerable (+2 to actions targeting him) until the end of his next turn.

Terrain: The icy ground is treacherous. If you move more than half your Pace, you must make an Agility check or fall Prone.
GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Layna
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Layna »

Soaks Damage from Opportunity Attack but Takes 1 Level of Fatigue
She's at -1 from her pre-existing Wound Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [6!, 3]+[2] = 11 -1 =8! Alright! She takes no additional Wounds from that hit.

Vigor check to avoid Fatigue: This one's at -3 (-1 for her Wound and -2 because the post said so) Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [3]+[2] = 5 She takes a level of Fatigue.
Layna manages to scramble back from the creature's swing, twisting at the last minute to avoid further injury. The cold of the blade is enough to cut through her winter clothing, though, and she is visibly slowed by it.

Failed to Soak and Out of Bennies
Trying to Soak that hit that gave her 3 wounds, this will be at -2 (-1 for existing Wound and -1 for Fatigue): Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[2] = 6
Benny to re-roll: Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [2]+[3] = 5
Unfortunately, the enemy's follow up strike takes Layna full on the leg and sends her tumbling to the ground. Whether from the pain of the hit or the contact of the fall, Layna falls immediately unconscious, but she continues breathing and does not appear in danger of bleeding out.

Raise on Incapacitation Roll, Gets the Slow Hindrance Temporarily
Oh, boy. No bennies left and I'm at -2. Here we go... Vigor 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[6!, 5] = 12
Holy Raise, Batman! She gets an injury from the injury table, which goes away in 24 hours or whenever all the Wounds are healed, whichever comes sooner.

Injury table roll: 2d6: [4, 6] = 10 Leg: gain the Slow (minor) Hindrance
Layna
Untested Thief
Pace: 6; Parry: 5, 6 w/staff; Toughness: 7(2)
Notes/Edges:Curious; Fortune's Favor (+1 Benny/session); Thief; Alertness (d8+2)
Character Sheet
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

Soaked all with Vigor total 19
Vigor 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Bennie to reroll

Vigor 1d8!!-2: [19!!]-2 = 17
Wild Die 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1

Bennie for PP
Using all again
Faith 1d10!!: [2] = 2
Wild Die 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Bennie for reroll

Faith 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild Die 1d6!!: [2] = 2
It may have looked like the blade bit deep into her but she comes away appearing completely fine, if rather annoyed. This time she doesn't say anything she simply points at him glaring as if to kill with a look.
Last edited by Aurora on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Kaya
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Kaya »

Thurnbarch appeared to be going berserk, striking out at targets at random. Though it also seemed that he was off-kilter, so Kaya saw an opportunity and attempted a darting attack with her rapier. She wasn't expecting much, even a little nick would add up over time if enough of them were inflicted.

Fighting 10, Damage 13
Fighting 1d8!!+5: [5]+5 = 10
Wild 1d6!!+5: [5]+5 = 10

Damage 1d6!!+1d4!!: [10!!]+[3] = 13
User avatar
Gamil
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Gamil »

Gamil reaches a section of ground which is colder. If he knew what permafrost was, this would have been it. The ground is literally frosen together in massive blocks of ice. At what does ice go from being a block to a sheet?

In his hollowed earth cacoon, Gamil activates the Boost Trait feature from the Hand of Vecna (gauntlets).

Weird Science 1d10
Boost Trait (Stealth) 2 PPE
Stealth 1d4
Weird Science 8, success, raise
Weird Science 1d10!!: [8] = 8
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Stealth 1d8
Stealth 4
Stealth 1d8!!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Gamil makes his best guess as to where Thornbarch is and opens a hole beneath him large enough to grab his legs, he hopes.
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Shooting 3 actions 10 Raise, 4, 7; Damage 13, 8, 26
+1 Marksman (first shot only), -4 MAP
Shooting 1d12!!-3: [13!!]-3 = 10
Wild 1d6!!-3: [11!!]-3 = 8
Shooting 1d12!!-4: [6]-4 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-4: [8!!]-4 = 4
Shooting 1d12!!-4: [11]-4 = 7
Wild 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0
Damage 1d10!!+1d6!!+2: [9]+[2]+2 = 13
Damage 1d10!!+1d6!!+2: [5]+[1]+2 = 8
Damage 1d10!!+1d6!!+2: [21!!]+[3]+2 = 26

Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 6

“Layna!” Vespernys cried out as she saw her friend go down. Struck to the quick, Vesper realized she needed to put this bogun down. She focused on Thurbach, sending three more arrows at him.

***
Move:
Action:

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3576 r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 4/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 27
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
Close
User avatar
Jaenelle
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Jaenelle »

OOC Comments
Stats:
Parry 8, Toughness: 14(2); Bennies 3/3, PP 3/15
Round 6 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10
Round 2 of Protection (Toughness)
Spending 1 PP to maintain True Strike.

Actions: Activate Antithetical Blade; Wild Attack with same. (MAP -2)

Activate Blade: -2 MAP, +2 for having injured Thurnbarch before.
Occult 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild Occult 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Attack bypasses Immunity/Resistances, and cannot be Regenerated


Wild Attack with Runesword (-2 MAP, +2 Wild Attack, +1 TMW)
Fighting 1d10!!+1: [7]+1 = 8
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+1: [8!!]+1 = 9
+2 from Vulnerable makes it 11 = Raise
Damage:
Hit Damage 2d6!!+2: [3, 7!!]+2 = 12
Raise Damage
Raise Damage 1d6!!: [4] = 4
= 16 Damage vs 13 Toughness.
Unless Antithetical Blade power does extra damage due to bypassing Resistance, Thurnbarch takes another Shaken result, meaning if he's Shakenm right now, he either has to spend the bennie before being hit, or take another wound.
Stats:
Parry 6, Toughness: 14(2); Bennies 3/3, PP 2/15
Round 7 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10
Round 3 of Protection (Toughness)
Jaenelle hisses in frustration as Layna is felled. She does some mental triage, hurriedly--figuring that their best chance for survival is for the wounded and enraged boggart to be brought down hard and fast. She manages to activate the Runesword's power, though it doesn't seem to be keening for Thurnbarch's blood as sharply as it might. Still, she comes in hard, swinging viciously (and leaving herself open once again) as the blade manages to connect.
Jaenelle
Human Student of the Dark Arts
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5/6; Toughness: Torso/Arms 8(2); Legs 7(1); Head 6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Occult d8, Research d4, Survival d6, Spellcasting d10, Fighting d6 (+1 w/ Runesword)
Edges: AB: Magic; Trademark Weapon: Runesword
Powers: banish, darksight, protection, boost Fighting/Shooting/Athletics; light
Gear
Runesword: Str + d6, may have other properties
Ritual Dagger: Str + d4
Reward amulet: Properties unknown
User avatar
Tribe of One
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Tribe of One »

[Not going to bother rolling here, as you put enough separate wounds on him that he can't soak]

Thurnbarch roars and rages, blood-stained spittle flying from his mouth as he swings wildly.

Darting beneath the enlarged bogun's murderous reach, Kaya jabs deep into his leg with her rapier. Spinning and off-balance, the berserk fey finds his feet bound in freezing stone as Gamil burrows underneath him.

Lining up her shots, Vesper sends a rapid volley of arrows into Thurnbarch's tattooed form: The first sinks deep into his shoulder, while the second glances off his collarbone. The third strikes just below his breastbone and pierces all the way to the fletching.

Eyes bulging in surprise, he seems about to speak, but struggles to capture his breath. Not about to give him the chance, Jaenelle steps up, her sword shining dully like cold iron, and sweeps the blade through his neck in a graceful arc, sending the bogun's bearded head tumbling to the floor. His body topples after it, his icy sword shattering as it falls from twitching fingers.

Immediately, the temperature in the room seems to rise by 20 degrees.
GM Bennies: 1/7
User avatar
Layna
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Layna »

Layna thaws a little but otherwise doesn’t do anything.
Layna
Untested Thief
Pace: 6; Parry: 5, 6 w/staff; Toughness: 7(2)
Notes/Edges:Curious; Fortune's Favor (+1 Benny/session); Thief; Alertness (d8+2)
Character Sheet
User avatar
Jaenelle
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Jaenelle »

OOC Comments
Stats:
Parry 8, Toughness: 14(2); Bennies 3/3, PP 2/15
Round 7 of True Strike: Parry 8, Fighting 1d10
Round 3 of Protection (Toughness)
Spend 1 Bennie for +5 PP

Cast Healing on Layna (3 PP)
Spellcasting 1d10!!: [2] = 2
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny to Reroll
Spellcasting 1d10!!: [5] = 5
Wild Spellcasting 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Success, heals 1 Wound
Jaenelle doesn't even take a moment to savor the death-stroke. Immediately, she wheels around and crouches by Layna, setting the Runesword on the ground rather than taking the time to clean the blade before re-sheathing it, and pulls out a poultice from her belt-pouch. Setting it on top of the worst of the injuries, she channels her mystic power through the packet, causing the wound to close up and, if not heal fully, at least start the process.

She sits back a bit, clearly drained by the effort. "She'll recover more fully, in time." Then, she looks up and towards the new ally. "We appreciate your help, M'lady. I do hope you understand if, upon our return to the world of men, I opt to use a piece of cold iron to test your flesh; after all, the Fae are known tricksters; assuming you are the real Aurora du Lac, then you of all people should be happy that we are ensuring your legacy would not be tarnished by a counterfeit, yes?"

She smiles thinly. "Assuming that you are indeed her, then as the village's Tender, allow me to present your niece, Lady Vesper du Lac." She indicates the other noblewoman. "And thank you for your aid in this battle. I assume you would like to return with us to the village?"
Jaenelle
Human Student of the Dark Arts
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5/6; Toughness: Torso/Arms 8(2); Legs 7(1); Head 6
Skills: Athletics d4, Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Occult d8, Research d4, Survival d6, Spellcasting d10, Fighting d6 (+1 w/ Runesword)
Edges: AB: Magic; Trademark Weapon: Runesword
Powers: banish, darksight, protection, boost Fighting/Shooting/Athletics; light
Gear
Runesword: Str + d6, may have other properties
Ritual Dagger: Str + d4
Reward amulet: Properties unknown
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

While Jaenelle is healing their comrade she picks up Janelle's blade. "I do not have the ability to heal but I can make myself useful at least." She cleans the blade then Sheaths it for the woman, handing it back when she is able to take it.

She listens to Jaenelle speak and nods then she purses her lips. "If it burns, may I request that my death be painless. Yes, I must return home and put to rest stories of my demise."

She looks at Vesper. "I do hope I can prove that I am...well, your Aunt. I would prefer to return home and be able to stay while there."
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Layna
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Layna »

Layna stirs. ”Mmmmm. What happened? Did we win? @Jaenelle? Did you just put me back together?”
Layna
Untested Thief
Pace: 6; Parry: 5, 6 w/staff; Toughness: 7(2)
Notes/Edges:Curious; Fortune's Favor (+1 Benny/session); Thief; Alertness (d8+2)
Character Sheet
User avatar
Vespernys du Lac
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Vespernys du Lac »

Broken Tower
Autumn/Afternoon
Weather: Blizzard
Round 6

Vespernys lowered her bow and took several deep, steadying breaths as Thurnbach fell. the air was suddenly warmer, and she could start to feel her fingers again in painful prickling. Jaenelle was tending to Layna, asserting their friend would recover. “I have a first aid kit if it is needed,” Vesper offered, though she had no skill in healing.

Then Vesper was face to face with the woman claiming to be her aunt. “You have my leave to return with us,” Vesper assured Aurora, “and will be more than welcome should you prove to be who you say you are.” She offered a small smile. “But our work here is not done. We must find this Winter Lady.” Vesper nodded to the door from which Thurnbach had emerged.

Vesper moved to the door and fit another arrow in her bow. “Hello?” she called down the stairs. “Thurnbach is dead, and you are safe. We are here to free you.” Carefully she moved down the steps.

***
Move:
Action:

Torch (held by Jaenelle)(3575 r)
Ruins layout
Single entrance
Small library
Larger room with junk piled - rats
Cold wind coming from the west.
Possibly more junk piled rooms?
Thurnbach’s lair - tools and bloodstained tables, meat closet
Steps leading down to winter wind.
Unclaimed Party Loot
Pouch filled with silver coins, each stamped with the twin-headed bull of the Free City of Argos. (Halt or Vesper)
Wizard’s spellbook in cipher: A Discovery Point must be spent to decipher the code. Once that's done, the book is found to contain four spells (one of Veteran or Heroic rank, the rest Seasoned or below) that can be cast as rituals.
A delicate silver bell: Twice a day, the bell can be rung and placed on a dish or serving tray, which must be covered with a lid or napkin. When the covering is removed, the plate will be filled with enough delicious food to serve two people.
***
Vespernys Tracker
Vespernys Character Sheet
Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 (3)
Bennies: 4/4
Discoveries/Conviction: 0
Armor: Deflection; 5/5 PP
Sword: Smite (lightning), lingering damage; 5/5 PP
Arrows: 27
First aid kit: 3 uses
Money: 5cp ($5)
Weapon Specialization (Bow): +2 damage with bows
Heavy Draw: If you don't move in a round, you can do Str+d6 damage with a bow instead of 2d6.
Aim: If a character spends her entire turn Aiming a ranged weapon at a particular target and takes no other actions, on her next turn she may ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties; or add +2 to her roll. Her attack must be used on the first action of her next turn or the bonus is lost.
Marksman: If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 as her first action, she may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Running penalty is only -1.
NPCs and clues
Thurnbarch - boggart champion of the Autumn King who has the Cold Woman; can grow large
Phil - korred guide and advisor of the Autumn King.
Cold Woman - fey released by Cormac du Lac.
User avatar
Aurora
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:18 am

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Aurora »

She nods at Vesper. "It wouldn't do to leave a job unfinished."

When her niece starts moving to another room she follows. She does not want her to go alone in case of trouble.
ATTRIBUTES: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d8

PACE: 6/d6; PARRY: ; TOUGHNESS: 6

SKILLS:
Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d4, Notice d8 -- +2 when looking for clues, Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Occult d6, Research d6 +2, Faith d10, Fighting d6, Riding d6, Thievery d6

BENNIES: 1/3
POWER POINTS: 2/15
POWERS: Arcane Protection, Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Entangle, Speak Language
User avatar
Halt
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Re: Eye of the Storm

Post by Halt »

Vespernys du Lac wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:55 pm
“But our work here is not done. We must find this Winter Lady.”[/b]
"Vespers right. Though it was was basically inevitable, our goal here wasn't to kill that bastard. We need to find the cold woman and get ourly of here. We may have taken down the head of the house, but this castle is probably still swarming with ratfolk. Keep your eyes open."

Halt restrings his bow and walk a little toward the north. "Looks like there is a door up here to. I'll check this way.

Halt opens the northern door and scans the room for danger.
Halt O'Carrick
Details
Bennies: 3/ 3


Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 8(2)

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Woodsman: +2 to Survival and Stealth in the wilds
Elan: +2 when spending a benny to reroll
Menacing: +2 to intimidation
Danger Sense: +2 to notice for surprise. Notice at -2 to detect hazard

Notable Hindrances:
Mean: -1 to persuasion
All thumbs: -2 to mechanical/electrical device rolls

Update Signature
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”