Chapter 6: The Start Line

Exploits of Adventure Incorporated!
Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Wide Open Spaces
After leaving Coalition controlled Minnesota the team enters more wide open, and empty spaces. Travel is not without its dangers and peculiarities but nothing the experienced explorers cannot handle. After days of driving the Mammoth enters the Colorado Baronies. While still rough and tumble the Baronies are high civilization compares to the rugged wilderness of Rifts Earth. The group quickly finds out that the Adventure Inc. expedition from Lazlo has set-up a base camps at the the foots of the great barrier wall in the Barony of Charity.
Charity wrote: The City of Charity is anything but charitable and has become a mockery of its name. It is the newest of the Colorado Baronies, only 76 years old. The mentality of the people here is that life is too short and you are dead a long time, so enjoy life. Unfortunately, this has been taken to the extreme, making this Barony what most people think of as the "Wild West." One or more showdowns, shootouts and backstabbings occur daily, and brawls and robberies occur constantly somewhere in town. Handguns, Vibro-Blades and light weapons, and body armor are all permitted in the city. The city is quickly becoming a haven for drifters, gamblers, saloon bums, outlaws, gunslingers, snake oil salesmen, crooks, and scalawags of all kinds.
Rolling into town it's easy to spot various members of the expedition, as well as their massive camp on the west edge of town. The imposing mountains of the Great Barrier Wall loom large in the majestic background. The arrival of group Fortunate is a welcome suprise. Apparently the group is last to arrive as others took faster, but less interesting routes, Lady Mackenzie is eager to hear your reports.
Journal
For a benny report your hero's most interesting moment from the journey to Colorado

After a few days of hot food and clean sheets the group finds themselves once more before Lady Mackenzie as she maps out the next stage of the journey.

"Well done friends for making it to Colorado. Now our journey begins in earnest. We must find a passage through, over, or under the Great Barrier Wall to see what lies beyond. In three days, our small groups will set out into the mountains to find a route for the rest for the expedition Group Fortune," she says looking at each of you in turn. "You will head due west. Other will head south and north west accordingly. You have three more days to enjoy the comforts of humanity, after that, who knows what awaits us. Godspeed."
Charity
You are in the Barony of Charity with 3 days to kill. What do you want to do?
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

Defintely more rough and tumble than Houstown, Tex takes a deep breath through his nose. Strong memories of his youth come back to him, the smell of the cooking fires, horses, people, along with the herds of cattle and other alien animals. The thoughts of what happened back at the rift still weigh heavily upon his thoughts. Thinking of his father, he says to the group, "Be wary, the people here don't appear to hold to the code. Many will cheat, steal, and bushwack you when the opportunity occurs. I'd keep at least one weapon holstered at all times."

When they find the other teams, he grabs a copy of the data stick. He says to the others, "When we find Lady Mackenzie, let's not mention how much meteor rock we obtained, a small sample and the coordinates is what we should provide. Or mention that we know it contains gantrium. We'll let the egg heads discover that on their own. A chemist or operator may be our best bet for having the tools we need to separate out the radiactive materials from the gantrium." I am going to need as much of that gantrium as possible to do my own experiments creating a Ring of the Elder.

...

"Apologies for the delay, Lady Mackenzie, but I believe you will find our reasons compelling. We've had quite a few adventures already." He tells her about their time on the water vs river monsters and pirates, then their repeated run-ins with the Coalition. He mentions their loss at the town of O'Claire, the Tolkeenite Bunker, and the dimensional rift, for each he lets the others go into more detail about what happened if they wish. He provides a data stick of what they'd recovered. "The Coalition are messing with things beyond their ken. This needs to make it's way back to Lazlo, preferably by dimensional portal so the chances of it being intercepted are small. A technological way of closing a rift could help this world tremendously. If you believe it wise, I'd also give it to the Baronies as fostering friendship and trade between Lazlo and themselves. For our part, I am happy we can continue west, we need to let our deeds lie fallow for a while."

If the others agreed to Tex's plan about the meteor, he waves for @William Rufus to come forward, "Oh yes, we did encounter some Xictix and discovered a potential weakness. William?" He let's the mystic describe the encounter.

Afterwards, he joins @William Rufus to find someone trustworthy enough to help them them with the meteor.


Support Roll for finding a trustworthy Operator

Persuasion: 1d6!-1: [3]-1 = 2 | Nope, but at least arcane awkwardness doesn't make it worse.
Wild Die: 1d6!-1: [3]-1 = 2


Monitor and assist with the liquation of the meteor:

Repair: 1d10!: [8] = 8 | Woot!
Wild Die: 1d6!: [2] = 2
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax, having had to subsist on smoked cadborosaurus and whatever rations could be scrounged in the wild or dug out of packs, takes savage advantage of the opportunity to enjoy hot food. And cold food. And soup. And cold drinks. And hot ones. And bread. Really, anything somewhat freshly prepared is fair game, and Ajax doesn't hold back. Between nearly impossible feasts and the occasional run outside of town, Ajax makes sure to prepare for the other side of the wall. He secures as much ammunition, e-clips, and rations as the company coffers will allow and the vehicle can hold.
He does manage to find himself mixed up in a little local color during one buffet. A casual call to "park the horse outside" perks his ears a little, but the meat plate in front of him holds his interest. When a group of intoxicated toughs begins discussing the use of a saddle, his eating pace slows, even as the juice begins to flow.
"Yeah, you heard me. Break out the saddle. I need a ride home, Prancer." The biggest of the thugs spits out the last phrase he'll speak with a full set of teeth in his mouth. By now, Ajax is surrounded by a half dozen drunken brawlers, hemming him into the bar.
The ugly cuss doesn't even see the elbow that strikes him in the nose and mouth. His teeth shatter from the frightening impact, and he collapses into an unconscious heap. The others can barely shape their faces into a look of surprise before a powerful back kick sends one of the pack back against the wall. For good measure, Ajax pummels his fists into two more. He seizes a hold of the tall one who has just reared back for a strike. Ajax hefts him into the air, launching him at the 6th goon and sending them both tumbling into an occupied table.
The brawl is rather impressive. Ajax grins as he fights, pausing occasionally for another swig of mead before launching back into the fray.
The next day, the cuts and bruises he sustained have faded almost entirely. When queried about the previous night's festivities, he responds only that it was "A dispute over transportation. They've seen it my way."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity
Round 0

Erebus Caine doesn’t say much. Tex pretty much covered everything in his report to Lady Mackenzie. When released for leave, Caine headed to one of the saloons. It was a bit rowdier than he’d like, but he was able to find a table alone in a corner.

“What’ll it be, hon?” One of the saloon girls came over, scarlet and black dress, short skirt, corset top, dark hair, Japanese. “I’m Rei. Need some company?”

“Whiskey,” Caine said. “Leave the bottle.”

“Sure thing, hon.” Rei disappeared in the crowd, and Caine made himself more comfortable, removing parts of his combat rig. He put his pistol in easy reach on the table.

Rei returned with the whiskey and poured the first shot. Caine tossed it back and motioned for her to refill, and then leave the bottle. “You got any paper here?” Caine asked. “And envelopes. Pen and ink?”

Rei raised an eyebrow at the strange request. “Sure, we got that, hon,” she said.

Caine motioned for her to get the items, and took out a package from inside his combat webbing. He undid the flap and dumped out the ID tags he’d taken from the Coalition soldiers in the Tolkeen bunker.

“Thanks, love,” Caine said when Rei returned with the paper and other items.

“Need anything else?” Rei asked.

“I’m good,” Caine said. He pulled a piece of paper in front of him.

Caine stared at the paper for a long time. Then he picked up the pen and started to write.

To whom it may concern,

It is with great sadness and humility that I inform you that the remains of your relative and Caine wrote in the name on the first ID tag was discovered by myself in a bunker on the outskirts of Tolkeen territory. No doubt the Coalition Army has informed you of his death, and his bravery in action. I will not dispute this. There was great evil in that bunker, and they kept it from escaping, at the cost of their lives. Know that I gave your loved one’s body a proper funeral pyre with all the appropriate rites and ceremonies due a soldier of the Coalition.

May this bring you some comfort in your loss,

Sergeant Erebus Caine
Chi-Town’s Own
Sixth Mobile Armored Division

Caine folded the letter neatly and slipped it into an envelope with the name of the family written on it. He dropped in the ID tag with the letter and sealed it.

Caine repeated the process, a shot of whiskey after each letter fortifying him. Near the end, his vision started to blur from the alcohol. He didn’t notice much when Rei took a seat beside him and read one of the letters. When he faltered, she took over writing, and he signed them. When they were done, Caine addressed a large envelope to a friend he knew in the Coalition Army Personnel Office and deposited all the letters inside. HIs friend would see they got to the families.

Caine took his pistol off the table and holstered it. He tossed back the last of the whiskey straight from the bottle, then tried to stand, but stumbled against Rei.

“Easy, hon,” the saloon girl said. “Why don’t we get you a room and you can sleep it off,” she suggested, helping him upstairs.

Caine blinked and nodded, stumbling on the steps. “I miss her,” he said, his voice forlorn. “You think you would forget, but the pain just doesn’t stop,” he slurred.

“I know, hon,” Rei said tenderly, opening the door to a small room.

“Don’t go,” Caine murmured, catching Rei’s hand as she turned to leave. “Shouldn’t...shouldn’t be alone…”

Rei paused, then nodded. She kissed him softly, and then helped his fumbling fingers with the laces of her corset as they tumbled into the bed.
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 4/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

William listens to Tex's retelling of the adventures that Fortune had. He doesn't add much , he had been the Driver for most of the trip. Oh Wait!, for the whole trip. Yes he didn't do it alone and the copilots helped him tremendously along with the navigator and eventually he has gotten quite good at driving, so the trip really helped in that area.

After the debrief William goes to Lady Mackenzie and ask, "Lady, do you know of a good smelter here that could melt a n separate the various ores of the meteor we hav and make some items for us. He would have to have some magical abilities too?"

The lady tells him of a Dwarven Smith that she had at one time been in the same company and writes a note to the Dwarf named Ironside. and sends him off smiling and saying, "Go down the main street till you hear the banging of metal and the cursing , and that should be him. tell him Lady M sent you and he should be quick, if he wants a kiss and a beer to night."

So off goes William with the ride to the dwarf and sure enough there was a banging and a cursing going on and they were directed at his help and the metal he was working.

William goes over to to the dwarf with the letter.

And William is greeted with, "What the Hell do you want."

William quickly responds, "Lady M sent me with a letter. she said that you should be quick if You wants a kiss and a beer to night. I think that the last part was from her and not me."

The hired help laughs at that as Ironside takes the note he looks at William and smiles then yells at the help, "OK that was funny now get your arses back to work. "

He looks at William, "So where is this rock from the heavens ?"

William points to the vehicle and then mentions some of the characteristics about it including the radiation and other properties.

Ironside directs a couple of helpers to move the meteor over to a smelter. "Good rock you got there. The lady said she will set the price for the work at diner. Might cost you a few items to like weapons be good. she says not to cheat you that you are a Holy Man, doing the gods of light work. That is probably why your armor is glowing and calming me down. So when your ready to leave, a day before come by and things be ready."
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Lace has been quiet the last few days, but Mars had plenty to say.

After his speech, Mars pulls @Tex Arcana aside. Without preamble, she says, "Explain yourself. Why would we keep vital information from our employer? I understand that the field commander must have discretion, so I assume there is a good, tactical reason to not relay what we've learned up the chain of command?"

After her conversation with Tex, Mars approaches @Tiny Tim. "Want to go see the sights? Maybe do some shopping? I could use a chance to re-arm, and you look like you could use an introduction to life in an outpost. Maybe we'll even get into a little trouble." There is a dangerous twinkle in her eye when she says this last part.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

During the team's meeting:
Mars wrote: Lace has been quiet the last few days, but Mars had plenty to say.

After his speech, Mars pulls @Tex Arcana aside. Without preamble, she says, "Explain yourself. Why would we keep vital information from our employer? I understand that the field commander must have discretion, so I assume there is a good, tactical reason to not relay what we've learned up the chain of command?"
Tex pauses a moment and looks at @Mars, right eye brown raising slightly. With the tell tale signs that the avatar of war is present, he frames his argument, "We accomplished many heroic deeds on our way here. But I ask you do you wish to head west towards the undiscovered country? Or east to where we have already been? I have no problem sharing the strategic value of the weakness the Xictix apparently have to the radiation of the meteor and providing a sample of it to allow Lady MacKenzie to have others research it. I believe if we were to explain that we know that the meteor also contains gantrium, we'd be required to stay, and or lead a team back to the meteor rather than providing it's coordinates. Now, you might say I am being greedy, to which I answer, yes a bit, but I am letting our employer have the much larger share, and I trust that she is smart enough to realize it's value soon after we are on our way. So again, I ask you, what direction do you wish to go? Do you wish to be a nursemaid for a rock?"

...

At the meeting with Lady Mackenzie:
William Rufus wrote: William listens to Tex's retelling of the adventures that Fortune had. He doesn't add much , he had been the Driver for most of the trip. Oh Wait!, for the whole trip. Yes he didn't do it alone and the copilots helped him tremendously along with the navigator and eventually he has gotten quite good at driving, so the trip really helped in that area.

After the debrief William goes to Lady Mackenzie and ask, "Lady, do you know of a good smelter here that could melt a n separate the various ores of the meteor we hav and make some items for us. He would have to have some magical abilities too?"

The lady tells him of a Dwarven Smith that she had at one time been in the same company and writes a note to the Dwarf named Ironside. and sends him off smiling and saying, "Go down the main street till you hear the banging of metal and the cursing , and that should be him. tell him Lady M sent you and he should be quick, if he wants a kiss and a beer to night."
Standing off to the side to give @William Rufus the floor. Tex thanks his lucky stars that he is out of Lady Mackenzie's line of sight when he face palms. He quickly moves his hand upward to run through his hair to cover it up. He waits for the follow up which doesn't happen. Maybe he's bewitched her.

Surprised that the lady provided a contact rather than demand an explanation, and not wanting to look the gift horse in the mouth, Tex joins William to find the dwarf. The dwarf's gruff nature was a problem, but as Tex had predicted, William's open nature appeared to have made a difference, just like with Lady Mackenzie. Tex warns the dwarf, "Do not use magical fire to separate the different substances in the ore, or it will be ruined for my purposes. If you could cast the metal into seven equal ingots, you could then take William's portion to fashion what he wishes."
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Mars considers @Tex Arcana’s position carefully and gives the barest of nods. ”Is this metal so valuable? Does it make for good weapons?”

If @Tiny Tim comes along, Mars will see to his equipment first (a good commander always prioritizes her men, after all) and will go looking for something exotic.

She wishes to find a pistol with some flair, and some kick. Something distinctive with serious knockdown power. (OOC: looking for the Big Bore inventory).
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

All Through The Town

After debriefing and decompressing the team turns their attention to three days of R&R. After consulting with Lady Alexandre's dwarven contact Tex and William find they have a little more work to do. It is going to take a combination of technology and magic to safely separate the gantrium from the alien ore.
Magic
Each make a roll of Spellcasting or Faith to assist with the processing. Your successes and Raises will determine how much gantrium you can get.
Always one to explore new places, and report on them, Icosa begins to inquire about local leadership and the so-called Baron. It isn't hard to find people willing to talk, but determining the accuracy of what they are saying is not so simple.
Netowking
Make a Networking roll to see what you can find out
Mars and Tiny also take to the streets in search of weapons and other baubles.
Networking
Make a Networking roll modified by your items Rarity to see if you can find something
Ajax and Caine head to a local establishment. It's not long before a morose Caine disappears with a local lady. Determined to have his own fun, Ajax takes to knocking everyone out. As his evening of beating people up, eating, and beating more people up proceeds Caine stays upstairs no doubt having a well deserved rest. Weakling plodders.
Notice
Ajax make a Notice roll
Upstairs Caine falls into Rei's comfortable embrace. He wakes groggy, happy, and handcuffed to the bed! At first he thinks things went extraordinarily well until he sees a man, mid-forties with cybernetic enhancements and a classic military hair cut, sitting on a stool next to the bed. Another two men hold Rei roughly. The man on the stool tosses her a cred stick, "Thanks for the info honey."

Looking at Caine the man smiles, "Sergeant Caine. Lovely to see you. I'm Captain Freeman." He waves the envelopes with the dog tags, "I'm going to make sure these get to the families. It's obvious you're still a good man, loyal to the cause. I could always use a man like you in my unit." He pauses for a second to let the subtle offer of hope sink in, "We've been tracking you for a while. A group of murder hobos takes out an entire hive outpost. All we find at the scene is a pile of rubble and these." He pulls few red Lazlo leaflets out of this pocket, "We find them again after some upstarts try to take on a whole armoured division near Tolkeen, then more at the bunker where you found those dead men. We lost the trail for a while, but we knew a group from Lazlo was setting up camp here and figured we just needed to wait. And here you are."

The Captain gives a wide grin, "We want the Kiticix Killer and the data your people stole. Deliver it to me, your people carry on with their little excursion and you can go with them, or come back in from the cold in my unit. What do you say?"
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

New Assignment

@Dawn Swiftrunner sits in the temporary headquarters of Adventure Incorporated. A free company sponsored by the City State of Lazlo to explore the unknowns west of here. It is not the company, but its leader lady Alexandre MacKenzie of the Cyber Knight Order, who has called Dawn here.

"I have a job for you. One of our exploratory groups, perhaps out most skilled, is lacking in a compass. They need a wayfinder, someone to help keep them clear eyed when things get fuzzy out in the wilds. Their leader is capable but I would like you there as my eyes and ears." She scribbles the name of a tavern on a scrap of paper, "Two of them are at this establishment. Go, and make sure they don't burn the place down."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

Faith d10 success and a raise 9
10+2
1d10!!: [7] = 7 +2 = 9
Wild Dice d6
1d6!!: [4] = 4
Staff and Sword in hand and raised above his head William Prays to the Gods of Light to aid this endeavor to safely separate the metals that they need. With the help of his Magic Optics System, He uses burst, magical lightening , then focuses it affects just on the ore as directed. As he does this his armor glows and adds extra protection to him , Environmentally so that he can be very exact. Ironside direst all and coordinates the others and their task .

Vigor d6
1d6
Vigor 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild Dice d6
1d6
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
For help from the gods sucess
Last edited by William Rufus on Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax, a tankard in hand and a small bump on his temple,
Notice: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
WD Notice: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny Notice with Elan: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Benny WD Notice: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
because one never knows when the local plodders will take their throttlings personally. They might decide to escalate their dealings from a friendly brawl among folk to an angry vendetta. Ajax isn't in the mood for vendettas.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:56 pm New Assignment

@Dawn Swiftrunner sits in the temporary headquarters of Adventure Incorporated. A free company sponsored by the City State of Lazlo to explore the unknowns west of here. It is not the company, but its leader lady Alexandre MacKenzie of the Cyber Knight Order, who has called Dawn here.

"I have a job for you. One of our exploratory groups, perhaps out most skilled, is lacking in a compass. They need a wayfinder, someone to help keep them clear eyed when things get fuzzy out in the wilds. Their leader is capable but I would like you there as my eyes and ears." She scribbles the name of a tavern on a scrap of paper, "Two of them are at this establishment. Go, and make sure they don't burn the place down."
The purple wigged dog soldier stood up, and bowed curtly, her usual lackadaisical attitude absent when in the presence of her superior in the order.

Then she examined the paper, and smirked. "Only thing settin' the night on fire will be me. You got it, boss - I mean, as you command, Dame MacKenzie."

She considered strapping into her armor, but - well, it was a tavern, and the armor could be itchy, and within her, fresh from the ritual, was the armor, bronze in hue and ready to exude from her fur on a moment's notice should she need a little basic protection. So she stuck with her tank top and cargo shorts, and put on a pair of sunglasses to go meet the two people in the bar.
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity
Round 0

Erebus Caine glared at Captain Freeman and tugged at the handcuffs, testing them. Could he get out? Dislocate his thumb and slip free? Could he do it in time before they shot him? He glanced past Freeman to Rei. “Let the girl go,” he said. “She gets hurt, then you better just put a laser through my brain, because you won’t leave this room alive,” he vowed.
Death Wish, Intimidation #
Intimidation 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
“What unit are you with anyway? CA brass don’t want me back. They want me dead,” he pointed out, Captain. He said the rank with disdain. “My days of taking orders from political flunkies who got their job because they sucked Prosek’s dick are through. All they do is get loyal deadboys killed.” He nodded to the envelope of tags. “The war is over, and I paid a higher price than you can imagine.”

Caine jerked on the cuffs again. Maybe the bed was the weak link. He eyed his gear, his pistols in their holsters hanging on a chair, or his vibro-sword. The rifle was too big for the close quarters.

“Why were you even tracking us? What are we to you? Until that village by the river, we weren’t bothering any Coalition troops. They were going to wipe out that village for no reason. All we did was delay them so everyone could get out safe. You got the same data we did. Why do you need an extra copy? I don’t have it anyway. Don’t have the Xiticix Killer, either. If you were at the hive site, you saw what we saw. Send one of your crack science teams to do some tests and fuck it up like you did at the rift site. You don’t need us, or what we have. We aren’t even in Coalition territory anymore. You’re a bit outside jurisdiction.”
Persuasion #
Persuasion 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 5/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

Spellcasting: 1d12!+1: [6]+1 = 7
Wild Die: 1d6!+1: [6!, 3]+1 = 10

With the warning given about not using magical fire. Tex joins William and the dwarven crafter on separating the precious gantrium from the ore. He casts Environmental Protection to protect them from the radioactive material and and the judicious use of Boost Trait to enhance the dwarf's skills at critical points of the process. "Keep up the praying William! We are getting close!"


5 Bennies
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

Always one to explore new places, and report on them, Icosa begins to inquire about local leadership and the so-called Baron. It isn't hard to find people willing to talk, but determining the accuracy of what they are saying is not so simple.

Icosa proceeds diplomatically, with an unfailingly pleasant demeanor and a keen eye towards finding which of the people that respond to her might be able...if made willing...to help. Those few she plies with conversation, even a minor purchase or a beverage or two, in hopes of getting closer to the Baron. These kinds of local polities could be a solid avenue to explore if things like Lazlo and the Coalition didn't pan out. The Republic didn't need advanced tech or manufacturing from a trade partner after all.

Rolls: Persuasion 18
Networking
Persuasion 1d6!! +1: [17!!] = 17 Wild 1d6!! +1: [1] = 1
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tiny Tim »

Networking 8
Persuasion: (-2 due Outsider, +1 due Rarity for Frag Grenades)
  • Persuasion: 1d4!!-1!!: [9!!]-1 = 8
    Wild: 1d6!!-1!!: [2]-1 = 1
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise.
    • Buying as many Frag Grenades as our GM will allow with the Raise on the Networking roll (Wealth of d8 says 89 are possible)...
      • Wealth: 1d8!!: [10!!] = 10
        Wild: 1d6!!: [13!!] = 13
        Result: 13 - Success with Raise(s). I am assuming the Reward bringing him temporarily up to a d8 is now expended, so he is back at a d6 now?
Walking around Hope in his human form with Mars, Tiny Tim tries to find a place to get himself more grenades.

"After talking to those people, it seems that we can find someone with a supply of Frag Grenades that I may be able to purchase. I may even get enough that I can start using them regularly in combat!!! You are so COOL!!! Phoenix NEVER let me get any grenades of my own, and only gave me explosives right before I was to use them."
Last edited by Tiny Tim on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 3/30
PPE: 9/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
Base Amount
  • ***+1 due Inspiring GM with result for Shadow Lord*** Carried Over
  • -1 due Reroll on Notice to Assist.
  • +1 due Mars's Joker vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Vigor vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Attack on Giant Worm
  • -2 due Damage Reroll on Giant Worm
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Mars smiles at the young dragon. ”I think you will find that variety is the spice of life, my friend. And what’s true in life is often true in battle: it pays to have many means of bringing down your enemies. Best you learn to use them all, including explosives.”
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

William & Tex

Extracting the gantrium goes exceedingly well. The smith smiles at William, "Yer gods must have been smiling on us. This is the most I've seen. As for the other stuff, It's not magical but looks like it could be dusted up easily enough. Make a nice pesticide!"
Ingots
You were able to extract 400 grams of pure gantrium. A veritable dragon's hoard worth.
Smiling broadly the smith looksat you conspiratorially, "The metal is handy, but better if forged into something useful. Crafting an item like that could take months or even years. I might know someone willing to trade what you got for an already finished product."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Ajax & Dawn

As Dawn enters the bar she immediately spots the juiced-up Centaur called Ajax. Things seem to have settled to a dull roar as people nurse their drinks, and their wounds, from an earlier altercation. For his part the centaur eats like a horse. Packing away unreal amounts of food.

Looking up from his meal Ajax casts a glance toward the upper rooms where Caine disappeared to. Weirdly, two men are standing guard outside Caine's door. Then the woman Caine left with comes scurrying out, only half dressed.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Erebus Caine wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 am “Why were you even tracking us? What are we to you? Until that village by the river, we weren’t bothering any Coalition troops. They were going to wipe out that village for no reason. All we did was delay them so everyone could get out safe. You got the same data we did. Why do you need an extra copy? I don’t have it anyway. Don’t have the Xiticix Killer, either. If you were at the hive site, you saw what we saw. Send one of your crack science teams to do some tests and fuck it up like you did at the rift site. You don’t need us, or what we have. We aren’t even in Coalition territory anymore. You’re a bit outside jurisdiction.”
Freeman sighs in a resigned manner, "The entire planet is our jurisdiction Caine. We're human. It belongs to us. You seem to have forgotten this. We know your group has the data and the metal. I was hoping you would hand it over for us, but no I am afraid we'll have to take it by force."

Standing up the Captain casts a disgusted look at Caine then at the two mean nearby.

"What a disgrace. Kill him, then radio our teams to hit all the others."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Mars & Tiny

Whether it's the MOM implants, the dragon's supernatural aura, or just Charity's devil may care attitude Mars and Tiny find a cornucopia of weapons available to them. Tiny can easily have a case of twenty-four fragmentation grenades, from Northern Gun. Although the case says something about being shipped to Los Alamo. The shipment must have been "interrupted" somewhere along the way.

Of course, this far west Bandito arms are easy to come by and Mars is able to locate some very interesting Big Bore weapons that appeal to her great strength and panache for over the the top styles.
Notice
I need both of you to make a Notice roll
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Icosa
Fortunately for Icosa the Lazlo delegation already has official ties with the local leadership. So after a few fortunate inquires she finds herself with an access pass to city hall and an appointment with a local official. Her appointment is for a few hours and she has some time to kill.
Notice
Please make a Notice roll
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tiny Tim »

Venatus Vinco wrote:
Notice 6
I need both of you to make a Notice roll
Notice
Notice (+2 due Alertness, +2 due Armor), Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Notice: 1d8!!+4!!: [1]+4 = 5
Wild: 1d6!!+4!!: [2]+4 = 6
Result: 6 on Opposed Roll, or Success
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 3/30
PPE: 9/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
Base Amount
  • ***+1 due Inspiring GM with result for Shadow Lord*** Carried Over
  • -1 due Reroll on Notice to Assist.
  • +1 due Mars's Joker vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Vigor vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Attack on Giant Worm
  • -2 due Damage Reroll on Giant Worm
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Notice 1d6!, Wild 1d6!: [5]+[6!, 4] = 15 + 2


Mars keeps her eye open in the marketplace.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

As Icosa waits, she takes passive scans of the room she's in across the spectrum, and listens carefully...maintaining as always a high situational awareness.

Rolls: Notice 9
Notice 1d6!! +4: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!! +4: [5] = 5
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

The Smith wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:03 pm William & Tex

Extracting the gantrium goes exceedingly well. The smith smiles at William, "Yer gods must have been smiling on us. This is the most I've seen. As for the other stuff, It's not magical but looks like it could be dusted up easily enough. Make a nice pesticide!"
Ingots
You were able to extract 400 grams of pure gantrium. A veritable dragon's hoard worth.
Smiling broadly the smith looksat you conspiratorially, "The metal is handy, but better if forged into something useful. Crafting an item like that could take months or even years. I might know someone willing to trade what you got for an already finished product."
Quickly, Tex takes the gantrium and using the dwarf's equipment weighs out 8 portions of the precious metal (50 grams each). He gives a portion to @William Rufus. "One portion of this to the seven of us, and the eighth is for any general purchases we need to make either now, or that we may need to trade for later"

He turns towards the smith, "We could not have done so well without your help. While the other components aren't magical, I believe your idea of a pesticide has merit. I think if we can figure out how to duplicate it, the method would have great value."

A little slow on the uptake, the mage considers the smith's last statement. He moistens his lips as he considers the implication. I haven't said anything about the Ring of Elder or even flashed the flawed one on my own hand. If he was involved in the War and worked with the leaders of Tolkeen, he might have some knowledge...he may have been one of the teams attempting to duplicate them. "What exactly do you mean by someone willing to trade for an item? If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, why would they be willing to trade?"
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

Extracting the gantrium goes exceedingly well. The smith smiles at William, "Yer gods must have been smiling on us. This is the most I've seen. As for the other stuff, It's not magical but looks like it could be dusted up easily enough. Make a nice pesticide!"
Ingots
You were able to extract 400 grams of pure gantrium. A veritable dragon's hoard worth.
Smiling broadly the smith looks at you conspiratorially, "The metal is handy, but better if forged into something useful. Crafting an item like that could take months or even years. I might know someone willing to trade what you got for an already finished product."
William silently thanks the gods for the success, Thank you for helping your poor servant. .He then hears that the useful items would take a long time.

"I wouldn't mine trading my portions for some useable Item now?"
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:06 pm Ajax & Dawn

As Dawn enters the bar she immediately spots the juiced-up Centaur called Ajax. Things seem to have settled to a dull roar as people nurse their drinks, and their wounds, from an earlier altercation. For his part the centaur eats like a horse. Packing away unreal amounts of food.

Looking up from his meal Ajax casts a glance toward the upper rooms where Caine disappeared to. Weirdly, two men are standing guard outside Caine's door. Then the woman Caine left with comes scurrying out, only half dressed.
Image

Dawn exhaled as she entered. The fur dye looked nice, but there was still the standing reward for runaway dog boys like her - no, she mentally corrected herself, dog soldiers - and even if she tried to claim plausible deniability as a D-Bee most bounty hunters weren't too picky. But: she had trained, she had undergone the ritual that put an armor around her heart, she had searched her soul, and found within her a sword and shield shaped like her thoughts. She was ready, even now.

So she sauntered in, instantly gregarious, and looked the centaur Ajax up and down. She lowered her shades and smiled. "Howdy. Yer Ajax, right? I'm Dawn, an' I been sent here by Dam MacKenzie. Heard you needed a - "

She pauses, and follows Caine's eyeline, and Ajax sees her ears flatten and her tail lower. Then she sees the woman stumble out, half-dressed, and she says "be right back." Then the canine woman made her way towards the woman, trying to talk without baring her teeth. "Ma'am, you all right? Anyone hurt you?"
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity/Saloon
Round 0

“Pretty sure the NGR would have somethin’ to say about you claiming jurisdiction over them,” Caine shot back at Freeman. When the man gave the order to kill him and attack his team, Caine made his move. They had left his legs free. He wasn’t helpless.

Caine surged against his cuffs, trying to either break the bed or dislocate his thumb and slip free even as his legs lashed out at Freeman to trip him up, maybe stomp on his throat or get him into a choke hold with his legs.
Trying to break free 5
Difficulty? MAP -2
Athletics 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Attacking Freeman 7
MAP -2
Fighting 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d10!!-2: [9]-2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Turn
Free Action:
Action 1: Try and break free
ACtion 2: Attack Freeman
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 5/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax looks over the tankard at his mouth and down at @Dawn Swiftrunner. Being hungry (and thirsty) was no excuse for poor manners. He lowers the drink and begins to respond until a commotion up the stairs near where Caine had disappeared draws his eye. "My lady. Pardon." He makes a shockingly nimble and rapid ascent up the stairs, passing the disheveled barmaid, to greet his two new friends. "Gentlemen! I've come to offer you a drink."
The two toughs in front of the door move to intercept the centaur. A curt reply passes back. "Not thirsty. Trot off."
Ajax grins. "I insist!" Before the guards can grip their weapons, Ajax
Quick Combat, Fighting -2: 1d10!!-2: [12!!]-2 = 10
WD Fighting: 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
into the head of the one on the right. He slumps to the ground, dazed. The other is hoisted like a rag doll and used as a battering ram to open the door to Caine's room. A full-throated bellowing laugh precedes the centaur. "KNOCK KNOCK! @Erebus Caine, do you usually have that effect on women?"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

No One Expects the Coalition!
  • Barony of Charity
  • Around Town
  • Three days leave
Ajax, Swiftrunner, & Caine
Ajax and Dawn spot the disheveled woman leaving Caine’s room at the same time. WHile Dawn rushes to her aid, Ajax rushes to action.

The woman, Rei, quickly reports that Caine is in there with some men questioning him. She is fine, maybe a little sheepish as hidea a cred stick amidst her belongings.

Hoofing it up the steps Ajax quickly takes down the two men at the door, although finding they put up a better fight than expected but the juicer still quickly bests him.

Inside the room Caine struggles to fight off Freeman while on of the goons inside pulls a pistol. A sudden commotion outside the door causes him to turn his head and Caine scores a lucky kick sending the pistol careening across the room. As he does a man comes flying through the door, followed quickly by Ajax who can’t help grinning at Caine’s predicament.

For his part, Freeman smiles and naked Caine and the horse man, ”There’s a joke in here somewhere about being hung like a horse...my offer still stands Caine.” then he and the other Coalition officers quickly. clamber out the window, easily making the jump from the second story. Probably thanks to cybernetics.

**Icosa**
AS Icosa scans the room she spots two men wearing subvocal mics, not usually for the mercenary crowd. However, they appear to get a message and look right at her. As they do they draw heavy particle beam pistols and shout to her, ”Get on the ground now!”

Mars & Tiny
Touring the marketplace Mars and Tiny find their cornucopia of death and destruction interrupted by the presence of four men who seem to be shopping in all the same stores as them. They are rough cut mercenary types who keep their distance, but who seem to be more interested in the pair of travellers than the ware before them.

Tex & Will
”Tex Arcana” wrote:"What exactly do you mean by someone willing to trade for an item? If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, why would they be willing to trade?"
The old smith smiles, seeing the recognition flash across Tex’s face and nodding to William’s agreement to trade. ”This metal has properties and is in short supply. Those seeking to manufacture items from it would be willing to trade finished products for such a rich supply of raw materials. So the willingness comes from the old megaversal principle, ya got to spend money to make money.”

Smiling the smith shrugs his shoulders. ”I could set up a meeting. As for the pesticide I have a few ideas your scientists could explore.” As a sign of good faith he jots down some odd symbols (chemistry symbols) on a pad and hands them to Tex.

”Let me know if you’re interested.”

The pad also includes a meeting place and time for tomorrow.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax rushes to the window in half a step, but clearly thinking better of trying to fit his massive frame through the opening, he opts to send a verbal shot instead. "Don't tell your woman what you saw. She will leave you for a half-man who is ten times the man you are!"
He turns back slowly to face @Erebus Caine, grinning at the bound sniper. "Well, friend, did you hit what you were aiming at?" He moves to help his associate get free of the shackles. "Friends of yours, I take it? That looked like it was nearly some unpleasant business. It's a good thing we have a new recruit." He shouts for the dog girl. "@Dawn Swiftrunner, come meet your sharp-eyed compatriot!" He can't help but belly chuckle at the awkwardness about to ensue.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Mars says to @Tiny Tim, "Now, one thing to learn is that it is important to keep an eye out for when people are tailing you or showing more interest in your comings and goings than others in the same environment. Here, for example, we would expect the merchants to be eager to talk to us and to try and hock their wares. We would not expect fellow mercenaries to follow us from stall to stall trying to act casual. When something like this happens, there are a variety of ways to deal with it. One, you can try to sneak off and get away from the people tailing you. That is often a good tactical choice, and you are uniquely equipped for it. On the other hand, sometimes the direct approach is more fun."

With that, she gives a wicked smile to her dragon friend in disguise, turns on her heel, and strides up to the two mercs who have been tailing them with Crazy speed. "Gentlemen. I cannot help but notice that you keep following my friend here and me. I find this... unacceptable. What is your business with us?"
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

Dwarf wrote:
Tex & Will
”Tex Arcana” wrote:"What exactly do you mean by someone willing to trade for an item? If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, why would they be willing to trade?"
The old smith smiles, seeing the recognition flash across Tex’s face and nodding to William’s agreement to trade. ”This metal has properties and is in short supply. Those seeking to manufacture items from it would be willing to trade finished products for such a rich supply of raw materials. So the willingness comes from the old megaversal principle, ya got to spend money to make money.”

Smiling the smith shrugs his shoulders. ”I could set up a meeting. As for the pesticide I have a few ideas your scientists could explore.” As a sign of good faith he jots down some odd symbols (chemistry symbols) on a pad and hands them to Tex.

”Let me know if you’re interested.”

The pad also includes a meeting place and time for tomorrow.
Tex scratches his consideration. I've glean a lot from the flawed ring, or at least some ideas of what not to do. But he's right, finding an actual Ring of the Elder would provide immediate gain and a better object of study for when I make my own attempt to recreate one. "Yes, please set up the meeting for us. Who do we ask for, and what do they look like? But know this, I too know the value of 400 grams of gantrium, and what I am looking for, is not the same as my mystical friend here, or even the rest of our companions. "

The mage looks next at the chemical formulae. Holding it up, he says "Thank you for this. William let's get our next errand done."

Once they are outside, Tex leans over to @William Rufus , "I observed his work closely, whatever amount he kept had to just a few grams and fair compensation for the work as a whole. But trading this metal is a whole other story. We need to be prepared. Would you mind working a divination for us so we can avoid any pitfalls. I'd hate for us to get snookered and find ourselves tied up in some doxy's crib about to get beaten up by some goons."

Tex, uses his radio, "Hey Team, where we meeting today after we get our errands done? Has anyone found a good restaurant or pub?"
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Shopping for Mars = 8, Success With No Reduction in Wealth
Wealth die: 1d10!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!: [5] = 5 + 3 for Fireburst Rifle rarity
Purchases:
  • BB-6 revolver: 6,500
  • Big Bore ammo: 10,000 for 100 shells
  • Plasma Mini Missile: 1,000
  • AP Mini Missiles x6: 6,000
  • Black Market Laser Pulse Rifle: 22,000 - (22,000 * ( 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 /100)) = 17,160
  • Multi-Optics Scope: 6,000
  • 6 rifle e-clips: 48,000
  • Total: 94,660
Mars trades her fireburst rifle to the Bandito Arms seller in exchange for a BB-6 pistol, restocking her mini missile supply, and a Black Market laser rifle with a scope.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

"Hey Team, where we meeting today after we get our errands done? Has anyone found a good restaurant or pub?"

Icosa's transmission came back almost immediately.

"Not yet. I'm waiting for an audience with the Baron, and I'm in the process of being apprehended by two men in unmarked armor with particle beam weapons." There was a pause. "I may be a little late for dinner."

Meanwhile, she was raising her hands slowly, fingers splayed, to show she wasn't holding a weapon.

"I'll comply with your instructions," Icosa said placatingly. "Take it easy, there's a lot of people in here that could get hurt by stray shots from those."

Still moving slowly, she did some fast calculations. First she isolated enhanced-resolution imaging of their trigger fingers along with a precise map of the path of their pistol beams. Should she detect them starting to fire, she'd have milliseconds to clear those lines. Not easy...but not impossible for her. Then she did a quick rangefinding and fed the information to relevant tactical subprocesses. When the time came, she'd be ready to close the distance quickly and strike.

Ideally after the bystanders were clear, and she'd verified they didn't work for the Baron.

"I'm just here to talk to the Baron. If this is about my sidearm, I'm perfectly willing to surrender it to custody until I'm done."

Mollifying words aside, while she did move off her chair and start to crouch down a little as if starting to obey, Icosa did not lie on the floor immediately. She did not intend to. Once she was prone, avoiding hostile fire would be much harder. Their weaponry was capable of damaging her, but wouldn't have an easy time of it. If need be, she would attempt to disarm or disable them.

OOC Comments
Icosa has Dodge for -2 to be hit, should it come up. :)
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:28 am No One Expects the Coalition!
  • Barony of Charity
  • Around Town
  • Three days leave
Ajax, Swiftrunner, & Caine
Ajax and Dawn spot the disheveled woman leaving Caine’s room at the same time. WHile Dawn rushes to her aid, Ajax rushes to action.

The woman, Rei, quickly reports that Caine is in there with some men questioning him. She is fine, maybe a little sheepish as hidea a cred stick amidst her belongings.
"Aright, here - " Dawn reached for her side cloak, realized that she'd forgotten it. There was a moment's hesitation, and then the code of chivalry overrode any embarrassment she felt, so she shucked her top and handed it to her.

"For modesty's sake. It'd be about to get shot to hell anyways. Stay safe, keep your head down, aright?"

Then Dawn saw her off, and concentrated, enchanted liquid cyber-armor seeping through her pores and over her fur and skin, sealing her in the armor of the heart. She still looked like her, but a metal-encased version of herself; silver and gunmetal black and rusty red where her fur was white, black and reddish-orange.

Then she concentrated, and summon the weapons of her mind, as a simple pink disc of force and a simple pink saber of energy spun out of psychic energy that manifested in her hands.

And then, finally, she followed Ajax, and took in the scene; the juicer horse, the trussed-up sniper, the departed cyborg and signs of struggle. She looked at Erebus, and averted her eyes.

"Well, least I don't feel underdressed." Her tail flicked in mild irritation. "So someone wanna tell me what just happened?"
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax marvels momentarily at the colorful armor encasing the dog girl. He had heard of cyber knights, but had never seen one in the flesh - or armor - let alone one with such extravagant colors. His observation is momentary as he returns to the task of cutting @Erebus Caine free. "Well, my lady, you have had a unique introduction to Erebus Caine, overwatch for Group Fortune of Adventure, Inc., who apparently should have paid more attention to his overwatch and less to the contents of his undergarments. Sir Caine, when he's clothed and not shackled, is a deadly marksman and a ghost in the shadows. And my guess is that some old friends paid him a visit either to bribe him into switching sides or to execute him if he elected not to." Once loosing the marksman, he bows slightly towards @Dawn Swiftrunner. "Erebus Caine, this is Dawn, and she has been added to our rolls. Apparently, with the vanishing of the sasquatch, we are short-handed. I'm sure that there will be no awkwardness between us all at this rather amusing introduction. Now where did your companion go, Caine? Did she sell you out or is this delightful happenstance?"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tiny Tim »

Mars wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:47 am Mars says to @Tiny Tim, "Now, one thing to learn is that it is important to keep an eye out for when people are tailing you or showing more interest in your comings and goings than others in the same environment. Here, for example, we would expect the merchants to be eager to talk to us and to try and hock their wares. We would not expect fellow mercenaries to follow us from stall to stall trying to act casual. When something like this happens, there are a variety of ways to deal with it. One, you can try to sneak off and get away from the people tailing you. That is often a good tactical choice, and you are uniquely equipped for it. On the other hand, sometimes the direct approach is more fun."

With that, she gives a wicked smile to her dragon friend in disguise, turns to@Tiny Tim l, and strides up to the two mercs who have been tailing them with Crazy speed. "Gentlemen. I cannot help but notice that you keep following my friend here and me. I find this... unacceptable. What is your business with us?"
"So @Mars... should I show them MY surprise?!? It will DEFINATELY be the direct approach. I don't think these two are worth any of my precious grenades. I wonder if any of our other friends have similar people interested in them."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 3/30
PPE: 9/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
Base Amount
  • ***+1 due Inspiring GM with result for Shadow Lord*** Carried Over
  • -1 due Reroll on Notice to Assist.
  • +1 due Mars's Joker vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Vigor vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Attack on Giant Worm
  • -2 due Damage Reroll on Giant Worm
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity/Saloon
Round 0

As Erebus Caine sprang into action, the door imploded with a body, and Ajax stormed into the room. Caine managed to kick a pistol clear, and Freeman and his goons decided discretion was the better part of valor and skedaddled out of the window, leaving Caine cuffed naked to the bed.

Caine ignored Ajax’s jibes. “Just get me free.” Once free, he rubbed at his raw wrists. “Never seen him before, but he’s definitely a Coalition officer. Special Forces squad. There are more in town. We need to be careful and warn the others.”

And then a dog boy in cyber-knight armor walked in. “Well, why don’t we just make it a show, then,” Caine grumbled, glaring at Ajax. “I had things under control.”

Caine grabbed his boxers and yanked them on. “So she’s joining the outfit?” Caine asked, eying Dawn. “What’s your outfit, dog boy?” he asked. He was used to working with dog boy packs in the Coalition Army, but seeing one in cyber-knight armor was new. At least with the armor he could safely assume she wasn’t with the bastards that had jumped him. “Erebus Caine,” he introduced himself.

Caine dressed and pulled on his armor. Then he picked up the pistol the Coalition soldier had dropped when Caine kicked him.
GM
What kind of pistol was dropped?
Then Tex radioed in about meeting up for lunch. “Yeah, looks like we found a place, though I think horse-boy ate them out of stock.” He looked at Ajax. “You got some schmutz right here,” he said, indicating his whole face.

“Now, I got me a girl to find, and a Coalition officer to hunt down,” Caine said darkly, strapping on his weapons.
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax guffaws. "Indeed. Well in hand. Right where you wanted them. Precisely zero chance of you getting riddled with holes while strapped to a bed. Tell me. Were you bound before or after they arrived?" His laugh echoes through the building as he saunters back to the bar. On his way, he clicks his radio to respond to @Icosa. "My lady, be aware that we have Coalition plodders hunting us. That may account for your tardiness. Where are you? I can be there in seconds, I'm sure."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Dawn bristled, visibly, at Caine, and said in a low voice, "don't call me boy."

The psychic weaponry vanished and so did her cyber-armor, and she nodded curtly, the model of poise despite her state of dress. "Dawn Swiftrunner. Squire to Dame MacKenzie. Before you ask, they dug my chip out. Now, gimmie a sec."

Dawn squatted on all fours to catch an impression of the scents in the room, both mundane and supernatural, in case she needed to track them again. "We got time for me to go an' get my emergency backup shirt an' some armor?" she asked, as she attempted to suss out the scent.
OOC Comments
1d6+2!: [4]+2 = 6 Notice/Survival
1d6!: [1] = 1 Wild Die
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity/Saloon
Round 0

“Oh. One of those,” Caine said. He had a fondness for dog boys when they were obedient and well-trained. They could be pains in the ass when they started trying to think for themselves. “You’ve got time. Still have to find that whore.” He pushed his way out of the room after Ajax and stood on the balcony overlooking the bar, looking for Rei.
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

Common Knowledge: 1d6!: [4] = 4 | Find Government Building
Wild Die: 1d6!: [4] = 4

Notice: 1d6!: [6!, 2] = 8 | Watch out for people tailing Tex and William
Wild Die: 1d6!: [3] = 3
Icosa wrote: "Not yet. I'm waiting for an audience with the Baron, and I'm in the process of being apprehended by two men in unmarked armor with particle beam weapons." There was a pause. "I may be a little late for dinner."
Ajax wrote:"My lady, be aware that we have Coalition plodders hunting us. That may account for your tardiness. Where are you? I can be there in seconds, I'm sure."

What the hell is going on? Why is Icosa trying to see the Baron? And the CS is already on our tail? Fan-f$%&-tasic. Tex thinks to himself as they are walking down the street. He covertly glances around him to see if there anyone interested in the pair of them.

He says to @William Rufus, "William, keep an eye out for the dead heads."

He replies back to @Ajax on the radio, "Ajax, William is with me, who on the team is with you?" Hearing that it's just @Icosa on her own, he says, "We are headed to the government building here in the town to see if we can get Icosa out of whatever trouble she's caused."
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax clicks his radio to respond to @Tex Arcana. "I have Dawn, our new addition, and the satisfied husk of Caine. I'll beat you to Icosa." He finishes the fresh stein of beer laid out by the bartender, pays the tab, and moves outdoors. On his way through the doors, he shouts back to @Dawn Swiftrunner and @Erebus Caine "Let's be off, friends! Icosa needs us!"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

Tex
"Yes, please set up the meeting for us. Who do we ask for, and what do they look like? But know this, I too know the value of 400 grams of gantrium, and what I am looking for, is not the same as my mystical friend here, or even the rest of our companions. "

The mage looks next at the chemical formulae. Holding it up, he says "Thank you for this. William let's get our next errand done."

Once they are outside, Tex leans over to @William Rufus , "I observed his work closely, whatever amount he kept had to just a few grams and fair compensation for the work as a whole. But trading this metal is a whole other story. We need to be prepared. Would you mind working a divination for us so we can avoid any pitfalls. I'd hate for us to get snookered and find ourselves tied up in some doxy's crib about to get beaten up by some goons."

Tex, uses his radio, "Hey Team, where we meeting today after we get our errands done? Has anyone found a good restaurant or pub?"
William observes the Dwarf and his friend talking about the exchange. He speaks up, "I agree Tex. I should wait a bit before I bother the gods again. if the metal is worth a lot the location of the rest of the meteor my be worth more? "
He says to @William Rufus, "William, keep an eye out for the dead heads."
William activates his Magic Optics System and acts like he is stopping to look in to a store window to see if there is anyone following them.
Notice d8 +2 Optics +2 to notice rolls
1d8+4!!: [7]+4 = 11 Success and a Raise

wild dice d6
1d6
1d6!!: [5] = 5
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

"Howdy, Tex. I'm the - " She paused as Caine stormed off, and shouted after him. "Phrase you're lookin' for is 'sex worker.' An' I have her scent too if you got business with her."

She got back on the radio. "Squire to Dame Mackenzie. Dawn Swiftrunner's the name. An' yeah, Ajax, lead the way, though I walked here so I hope you got somethin' I can ride in."
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

William Rufus wrote: William observes the Dwarf and his friend talking about the exchange. He speaks up, "I agree Tex. I should wait a bit before I bother the gods again. if the metal is worth a lot the location of the rest of the meteor my be worth more? "
Tex gives a side-eye glance at @William Rufus as he mentions the meteor. "You are quite the greedy one aren't you William? Do you remember our charter with Adventure, Inc.? I've already disclosed the location of the meteor to Lady MacKenzie. We are operating under the auspices of the government of Lazlo. Who do you want to have that much of this metal, a relatively benign government like Lazlo or a bunch of outlaws like those here in the Baronies?" Tex is careful not to say the metals name out on the street.

After a bit, he adds, "The dwarf seems on the up and up, but I've got the impression that the contact he knows is not a pious individual. I am willing to trade a portion of this metal for what I am looking for, because working with the metal isn't as easy as it might seem, and there is potentially much more that we can put in the hands of the good guys, but we need to know if we are walking into a trap. Plus if they have what I think they have, I'd rather have it in our possession and not our enemies."
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

No One Expects the Coalition!
  • Barony of Charity
  • Around Town
  • Three days leave
Ajax, Swiftrunner, & Caine
After a revealing introduction Dawn is able to pick up a scent of the departed Coalition team, but run immediately after them as Caine pushes his way past the others to find Rei. However, by the time he is dressed and out the door she is long gone. Swiftrunner has the scent and Caine has bloodlust in his mind. Tracking the CS spies may be possible but the window of opportunity is closing.

In the meantime a call comes in from Icosa, apparently she is being held at gunpoint in the city hall building.

It is now a choice between aiding a teammate or vengeance.

Icosa
Laying down her weapon Icosa tries to diffuse the situation and find out what the men are after. It doesn’t take long for them to reveal themselves, ”We know you are here to see the Baron. We paid for this little pre-meeting visit. Hand over the data you took from the research station and you can get to your meeting on time.”

Mars & Tiny
Walking up to the mercenaries Mars boldly questions them outright. They visibly tense up but don’t draw their weapons or make an aggressive move. Instead one of them just points to Mars’ implants, ”Think that thing is giving you paranoia lady.”

With the group of them head away from Mars and Tiny.

As they make to leave, Icosa reports some gun play at her location.

Tex & Will
Tex agrees to the meeting and asks for some information on who to look for, the smith nods approvingly at the Ley Line Walker’s caution, ”I’ll be there to make the introductions.” With that Tex and William are forced to turn their attention to trouble brewing at city hall.

As the approach the government building people are streaming out while a number of guards watch the exits. It seems the building has been temporarily evacuated and they’re not letting anyone in.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Athletics 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[1] = 2


Mars reaches for the arm of the mercenary, "Hey! Don't you turn away from me!"

She doesn't notice, however, the oddly placed stone on the ground. Much like Hector of Troy, she steps on the stone poorly, twists her ankle, and faceplants. She hears the loud *crunch!* as her nose breaks and begins to bleed freely.

The wound to her pride might be worse, though.

Mars is Prone and Vulnerable
Yowch!
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

William looks at Tex, "Not really, I just forgot about the contract. In my world we are all united more or less. and everything would be used for the good of all."

"Sounds like Icosa is in trouble, how do you want to handle this? Especially in town with civilians and property damage.? We might need to prepare before the possible battle. I can use stun when we get there. "
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

”We know you are here to see the Baron. We paid for this little pre-meeting visit. Hand over the data you took from the research station and you can get to your meeting on time.”

"Oh, so you don't work for the Baron," Icosa said, nodding. "Well then, I would prefer to avoid trouble of course."

Keeping one hand open and up, she carefully and slowly opened a pouch on her belt and withdrew a small data disc, then offered it up on her palm. It was, of course, blank. Even though she'd transmitted the encrypted data back to ARCHIE already, it seemed wiser to her to keep a copy on hand as well. Though her own mind was orders of magnitude less complex, she also had fewer distractions moment by moment.

Well, most moments.

As one of them came warily forward to take the disc, she held it out further from her, as if to emphasize she didn't want it. As she did she shifted slightly sideways, putting that one in the sightlines of the one still covering her. When he arrived, and reached out, she'd spring the trap...trusting her reflexes, the obstruction provided by the mercenary, and her rugged construction to protect her from the retaliatory fire.

Actions
Essentially readying an action to attack when one gets within reach. Using him as cover from the other one if possible, if not then just trying to finish him quickly so as to deny them ganging up bonuses. :)
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax takes off at a full gallop heading towards the city hall building. He does his best to shout ahead as he runs, hoping to clear the path of pedestrians. What few folks who don't manage to move are minor obstacles as he runs around or even leaps over them when appropriate. Arriving at the front, he spots the guards at the entrances of the hall. "I have come to seek an audience with the potentate of this hamlet! Let me by!"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

William Rufus wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:38 pm William looks at Tex, "Not really, I just forgot about the contract. In my world we are all united more or less. and everything would be used for the good of all."

"Sounds like Icosa is in trouble, how do you want to handle this? Especially in town with civilians and property damage.? We might need to prepare before the possible battle. I can use stun when we get there. "
Tex smirks at William's answer. "So in this united world of yours where everything is used for the good of all, you go out of your way to find the person who will pay the most?" He shakes his head in amazement of the logical, but let's it go. "Let's go see if Icosa is actually a damsel in distress, or a damsel causing distress. "

"Don't draw your weapon, unless we are outright attacked. Let's be subtle and not wear out our welcome like we did back in Collingwood," Tex says. Over the radio, to the others, "Let's be subtle here, look for a side entrance, don't go in blasting." Finding that people are running out and guards watching; Tex takes a minute or two to study those leaving getting a good idea of what they look like and are wearing.

He looks over to @William Rufus, "I am going to cast an illusion on us to look like those leaving, be ready to with your abilities to control their thoughts if they don't buy what we are selling." If the others join them by the time Tex is ready to cast his spell, he includes them in the illusion.

Spellcasting: 1d12!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Wild Die: 1d6!+1: [1]+1 = 2

Illusion
PPE Cost: 3
Modifiers: Strong (+2), Mobility (+1), Sound(+1)
Duration: 10

Tex walks within the illusion until he reaches the guards, he says to the guards, "We left some important documents inside, we need to get them before they are stolen or destroyed."
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

At hearing that Icosa is in dire straits, Dawn weighs her options, and then decides that against the Coalition, there was little she could do without her team, and there would be other ways to pick up the scent.

So she followed Ajax, best as she could, though even given that she was selectively bred for speed, she wasn't able to outpace a juicer, and she arrived after Ajax, panting and out of breath.

"What - hff - what Ajax said."
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tiny Tim »

Mars wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 pm
Athletics 1d8!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[1] = 2


Mars reaches for the arm of the mercenary, "Hey! Don't you turn away from me!"

She doesn't notice, however, the oddly placed stone on the ground. Much like Hector of Troy, she steps on the stone poorly, twists her ankle, and faceplants. She hears the loud *crunch!* as her nose breaks and begins to bleed freely.

The wound to her pride might be worse, though.
"I don't believe you heard her right... she wanted you to
Intimidate: 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5
Wild: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Result: 5
!!! You are getting me angry... you won't like me when I am angry at you..."

OOC Comments
Note: Tiny Tim is still in his Size -1 Human form
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 3/30
PPE: 9/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
Base Amount
  • ***+1 due Inspiring GM with result for Shadow Lord*** Carried Over
  • -1 due Reroll on Notice to Assist.
  • +1 due Mars's Joker vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Vigor vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Attack on Giant Worm
  • -2 due Damage Reroll on Giant Worm
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

William heads over to Tex , William [Boost his psi
Arcane 1d10+2 sword and staff
1d10+2 1d10+2: [2]+2 = 4 using a benny to reroll 1d10+2!!: [5]+2 = 7
Wild Dice
1d6 1d6!!: [3] = 3 1d6!!: [1] = 1
As the approach the government building people are streaming out while a number of guards watch the exits. It seems the building has been temporarily evacuated and they’re not letting anyone in.
He looks over to William Rufus, "I am going to cast an illusion on us to look like those leaving, be ready to with your abilities to control their thoughts if they don't buy what we are selling." If the others join them by the time Tex is ready to cast his spell, he includes them in the illusion.


When William gets close enough to the two guards at the front he uses Mega Puppet on both. 3+3+2 save at -4
1d10 puppet 1d10!!: [8] = 8

Wild Dice
1d6 WD 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

No One Expects the Coalition!
  • Barony of Charity
  • Around Town
  • Three days leave
Tex, William, Ajax, Swiftrunner, & Caine
Arriving first, as always, Ajax trots up to a guard and demands entrance. Fortunately, for the guard his faceplate covers his bewilderment Unfortunately, he can’t hide it in his voice.

”Sorry sir. The building is temporarily closed to visitors. Gas leak.”

Dawn arrives just in time to hear the weak-willed excuse. The town doesn’t even run on gas. Before long Tex and William also appear. Covering the group in an illusion masks their presence a little but William takes the more direct approach, politely asking the guard to step aside — and he complies without complaint.

Inside is an open area with various hallways and stairs. A large gaudy sign shows the way to the baron’s offices. That was where Icosa said she was going. Unfortunately, there are more guards outside the Baron’s door and these do not look like the rent-a-cops who stood outside. Armed, armored, and hardened these veterans immediately raise their weapons as the group comes down the hall. Tex’s illusion not fooling all of them.

”Everyone is supposed to be outside. Gallop on outta here.”

Icosa
Handing over a fake disc, Icosa has a moment where only one guard has a gun on her while the other checks it on his wrist computer.
Action
You can take violent action and I can draw cards or wait until the disc reader shows its a fake.
As time begins to slow down Icosa can faintly hear voices out in the hallway. A weird echoing in her radio implies some of her team has arrived.

Mars & Tiny
The mercenaries barely contain their laugh as Mars falls. Only tiny’s looming presence keeps them wary. As the young dragon threatens them the mercenaries all seem to receive a radio message at once.

”Sure thing. No one needs to get angry here. Maybe you should see someone about those issues though.”

With that the group cautiously begins to move away.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Spitting blood from her mouth as she gets up, Mars complains, ”Does no one listen in this gods damned age? I said STOP!”

With that, she levels her newly acquired BB-6 revolver at the nearest merc with violent intent.

@Venatus Vinco Do you want to draw cards? Because Mars is going to shoot that guy.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Several things happen at once. First, somewhere in the back of the mind they share, Lace yells "No!" but Mars ignores her.

Second, Mars lets out an inhuman roar and begins moving at superhuman speed. Anyone watching who knows what to look for knows they are seeing a
Note that Split the Seconds takes care of the MAP for activating this
.

Third, she fires the new revolver, sending a Big Bore round at the nearest merc.

Shootig 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [1]+[3] = 4
Benny for your thoughts? Shooting reroll 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [4]+[4] = 8
+2 from Gun Nut and +2 from Big Bores acting like shotguns = 8 total to hit (Nice!)
Note: this does not include a +1 from her MOH because there wouldn't likely have been time to calibrate the BB-6.

The merc hit by her shell is immediately Distracted and will need to make a Strength roll at -2 (on top of being Distracted) or be thrown 2d6: [1, 2] = 3 inches and be knocked prone.

Either way, he takes 4d6!: [2, 3, 3, 2] = 10 damage


And fourth, she draws her vibro-sword and slams its pommel into the face of the merc nearest the one she just shot.

Here we go Fighting 1d10!, Wild 1d6!: [10!, 8]+[2] = 20 +2 for Wild Attacking = 20 total

She does 1d12!+2+1d6!+1d4!: [12!, 7]+2+[1]+[2] = 24 to the guy, figuring the sword is being used as an improvised weapon roughly on par with brass knuckles in this particular maneuver
, notwithstanding that she was intending not to kill the idiot. Casualties occur in combat, though, and Mars spends barely a thought on it as she revels in the adrenaline and turns her focus to her remaining foes. Her sanity holds on (OOC: Sublime Chaos Edge) enough to keep her from butchering the whole group on the spot (OOC: Bloodthirsty Hindrance), but only just so.

Current Toughness 22(9) and Parry of 7
Her -2 for wild attacking is offset by her -2 to be hit from her uncanny reflexes
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

It would take only seconds to verify that the disc was blank, but the purpose was accomplished. One was distracted, reducing their advantage. Icosa moved with startling speed and precision, stepping forward as a silvery blade extruded from each of her arms. One fluid motion, step and strike...each blade targeting the foreheads of the two mercenaries.

Rolls: Fighting 5 21 MD AP8 on 1st Merc, Fighting 9 31 MD AP 8 on 2nd Merc, 2 bennies spent
Fighting, -4 for targeting heads, +2 for Wild Attack, -2 for MAP; weapons negate -2 in penalties; +6 damage on hit
Attack 1 1d10!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Attack 2 1d10!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Attack 1 damage 1d12!! +10: [6] = 6 2d6!!: [1, 4] = 5
Attack 2 damage 1d12!! +10: [9] = 9 2d6!!: [4, 7!!] = 11
Raise 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Bennying the 5
Fighting 1d10!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
ANOTHER BENNY BECAUSE WHY NOT
Fighting again 1d10!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Last edited by Icosa on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity/City Hall
Round 3

Erebus Caine grumbled, unable to find Rei. He would have to track her down later. Icosa had apparently gotten herself into some trouble, so Caine headed in the direction of city hall. Not having arrived with the others, he had now way past the rent-a-cops outside, so he instead walked slowly around the building, looking for rooftop vantage point where he could provide overwatch.

Caine found an adjacent building with a view into the waiting room outside the Baron’s office. He laid down and settled in, looking through his scope, and watched Icosa decapitate two men.

“Well, good girl,” Caine murmured. He started to scan around for any witnesses.
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tex Arcana »

With the outer guards letting them by, Tex says to @William Rufus , "Good job. Now let's see if we can get Icosa out of here before the shooting starts." He looks over at Rainbow Brite, @Dawn Swiftrunner , "You look like the new girl, I'm Tex, nominally the herder for this group of cats. Nothing like pissing off the local constabulary to see how skill a new team member is, am I right?"

When they come across the new guards, Tex sees that they are not convinced. We don't have time for this. He flicks his fingers and says, "Somulence" and casts Slumber upon the guards. "Let's try and not kill anyone, shall we? We may have to come back this way."

PPE: 30 (3/10 from Xanthine Gem)

Slumber
Cost: 2
Modifiers: +2 Medium Burst Template
Duration: 2 hours
Spellcasting: 1d12!+1: [6]+1 = 7
Wild Die: 1d6!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Last edited by Tex Arcana on Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

Will continues to walk next to Tex and he sees a new person with Ajax .
"Good job. Now let's see if we can get Icosa out of here before the shooting starts." He looks over at Rainbow Brite, @Dawn Swiftrunner , "You look like the new girl, I'm Tex, nominally the herder for this group of cats. Nothing like pissing off the local constabulary to see how skill a new team member is, am I right?"
William responds to Tex, "I'm just glad it worked." He then adds his comments to the new comer, "I am William. I'm not from this earth, and I'm usually the chauffer for the group. At time I can bring the wrath of the gods on those who need it."
When they come across the new guards, Tex sees that they are not convinced. We don't have time for this. He flicks his fingers and says, "Somulence" and casts Slumber upon the guards. "Let's try and not kill anyone, shall we? We may have to come back this way."
William looks at Tex and responds, "No Killing but we should take their weapons rides and armor and subdue them. We don't need them coming after us. I don't think the CS would have qualms about killing us? " William will hold on attacks till he sees how the others take any stragglers down.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity/City Hall
Round 3

Caine heard the cross chatter on the comms and keyed up to talk to the other members of the team.

“Caine here. I’m on overwatch with eyes on Icosa,” he reported. “That’s a negative on the killing. A bit late for that. She put a blade through their heads.”
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

Icosa came on a moment later, unruffled.

"From what they said, these men were not employed by the Baron so it's hopeful that he will not take offense to my actions. They were armed with high power firearms that could easily have penetrated my armor though, and I had only a moment's advantage."

After a brief pause she added, "I'm sorry if I've complicated things. This did seem like the path of least risk."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax's eyes narrow at the guard's admonition to "gallop on outta here." He begins to step forward slowly to offer a reply. "Friend, I am free and I gallop where I please." A further retort is interrupted by @Tex Arcana's lullaby. Ajax clenches his fists waiting for the result and preparing for violence to ensue.
Action
Ajax is going On Hold and intends to act if the guards do not take a nap.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Tex Arcana wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm With the outer guards letting them by, Tex says to @William Rufus , "Good job. Now let's see if we can get Icosa out of here before the shooting starts." He looks over at Rainbow Brite, @Dawn Swiftrunner , "You look like the new girl, I'm Tex, nominally the herder for this group of cats. Nothing like pissing off the local constabulary to see how skill a new team member is, am I right?"

When they come across the new guards, Tex sees that they are not convinced. We don't have time for this. He flicks his fingers and says, "Somulence" and casts Slumber upon the guards. "Let's try and not kill anyone, shall we? We may have to come back this way."
Dawn coughed, loudly, as the smell of magic filled her nostrils. She felt herself go into fight-or-flight mode, ready to chase down a spellcaster or run away from them. But she paid heed to her second thoughts, and complied - magic had its uses, and a sleep spell definitely beat a lengthy fight.

So she manifested her cyber-armor, liquid psionically-infused metal pouring out of her flesh and over her fur, as a glowing disc manifested on one arm and a psionic blade spun out of the other. And she waited her turn, for any of the guards who didn't fall asleep to draw down on her - if necessary, she'd close with them and give the others time and room to maneuver.
OOC Comments
Dawn is holding action for now, but has manifested her action kit and if she has to, she'll charge at any guards that try to shoot us.
Fighting, if needed: 1d8!: [4] = 4
Wild Die: 1d6!: [6!, 4] = 10
Psi-Sword damage, if needed: 3d8!: [6, 3, 3] = 12
Dawn is going to attempt to disable guns and other weapons first and only harm this person as a last resort.
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Mars' big bore bullet sends the offending mercenary flying and her sword pommel knocks a second one unconscious. The remaining two move quickly and professionally one pulling a weapon and returning fire while the second retrieves their fallen ally and begins to move away from the furious crazy. The other stands up slowly from the knock back bullet and follows suit.

The sounds of violence are not uncommon on the streets of Charity and most people get their heads down quick or disappear into buildings and alleyways.

One is on hold covering you while the other three begin to retreat.

Atheltics 1d8!!: [1] = 1
Check for crit fail 1d6: [2] = 2
Spirit 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Tiny Tim »

Agility 7
Agility: 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Result: 7 on Opposed Roll
"Now you made me ANGRY. All you had to do was stay here and answer our questions. I will give you ONE LAST CHANCE to answer our questions. You DON'T want me to get any angrier"
Intimidation 2
Intimidation (+1 due to Surprise, Dragon!!!, -2 due MaP... so -1)
Intimidation: 1d4!!-1!!: [2]-1 = 1
Wild: 1d6!!-1!!: [3]-1 = 2
Result: 2 on opposed roll
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 3/30
PPE: 9/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5
Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
Base Amount
  • ***+1 due Inspiring GM with result for Shadow Lord*** Carried Over
  • -1 due Reroll on Notice to Assist.
  • +1 due Mars's Joker vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Vigor vs. Worms
  • -1 due Reroll on Attack on Giant Worm
  • -2 due Damage Reroll on Giant Worm
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Quick & The Dead

Tiny & Mars
As Mars initiates a gun fight in the market area Tiny makes everything better by reverting to his natural form in a very public place. People already scared and scattered by the gun fire suddenly outright panic and begin to flee in terror. Carts and stalls are overturned as people rush to run away from the monster in their midst - although a few industrious souls use the commotion to take what they will from those same upturned wares.

The mercenaries are non-pulsed. Almost as if they expected to see a dragon and Tiny's threats, while frightening, are expected and avoided. They continue with their organized withdraw - one covering Mars and Tiny while the others pull back. It doesn't take long for them to start to disappear into the panicked throngs.

Whistles and sirens bellow as law enforcement begins to flood into the area to try and contain the mob, and those involved in the gun fight.

Everyone Else (Including @Icosa)
This is a fak..." the mercenary begins to exclaim as Icosa leaps into action. She brushes by the gun toting man, but he manages to duck her blade. However, the poor sod reading the data has his head taken clean off. As the armed mercenary takes aim to return fire with his particle beam pistol a silent laser bolt comes through the window putting a cauterized pinhole into the man's forehead. Caine admires his handiwork from the rooftop across the street, then turns his attention to looking for witnesses. As the target slumps to the floor Ajax, Dawn, William, and Tex come through the door to see Icosa standing over two dead men.

Outside, the building is quickly being surrounded by local lawmen.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

The blades retract back into the armor over her arms and she nods cordially at her allies.

"Sorry about that. They were working for the Coalition, trying to get that data back. I didn't have the chip they were looking for on me, so...I had to improvise. I didn't mean for everyone to come after me, but...it makes me happy that you did. Thanks!"

Icosa then looks down at the bodies and adds, "I'm not sure what the courteous thing to do is now though. Should we dispose of the bodies before I meet the Baron, or will he prefer to take care of that with his own resources? What do you guys think?"
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax looks at the bodies on the floor. "I am certain they earned this. But...I wonder what sort of influence Mackenzie has here. We may need it. As for the baron, I wouldn't plan your day around that meeting taking place." He pauses a moment. "I do not think we should disturb the bodies. If there is an investigation, I can only imagine that moving the dead will hinder our case." He scans around looking for threats or approaching law enforcement, while ever so slightly backing away from the corpses.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity/City Hall
Round 0

“Icosa, team, you got local LEOs starting to surround the building,” Erebus Caine reported over their comms. “I suggest you might want to try and quietly get out of there. Leave the bodies. Try not to be seen. I can try and guide you out.”

Caine paused. “The new bitch,” he said. “She’s one of those cyber-knights, right? See if she can’t work her mojo on the security cameras, erase any footage.”
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
2 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 3/3
Rifle Ammo: 36/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 29/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Rapid Fire: Increase ROF +1
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Mars »

Mars recognizes that her foes are retreating into the crowd and some part of her mind understands that she has lost control of the situation. That little voice tries to break through the ever shifting walls of psychosis around Mars' mind and take control.

Smarts at -2 to end Berserk: 1d8!, 1d6!: [4]+[4] = 8 = 2
Benny: 1d8!, 1d6!: [2]+[5] = 7 = 3


Unfortunately, the fury refuses to recede and Mars releases an inhuman war cry. "Cowards!"

She rushes the one covering her, the one ostensibly allowing his companions a "safe" withdrawal, and she attacks.

Agility vs the bad guy to see who goes first 1d12!+1, 1d6!: [1]+1+[3] = 5 +1 on the wild die for 4
.

Shooting 1d10!, 1d6!: [7]+[1] = 8 +2 from Gun Nut = 9
the poor sod takes 3d6!: [6!, 3, 3, 2] = 14 plus 1d6!: [2] = 2 for the Raise on Shooting, is Distracted, and must make a Strength saving throw (at -2 for Distracted and another -2 for the raise) or be thrown 2d6: [2, 3] = 5 feet and be knocked prone.
.

If he remains conscious, she kicks him in the gut, aiming to knock the wind out of him and keep him down.

1d10!, 1d6!: [1]+[5] = 6 +2 from Wild Attack = 8 and +2 if he's prone = 10
She does 1d12!+2: [4]+2 = 6 plus !1d6: [4] = 4 for a raise +2 from Wild Attacking = 12
.

1d10!, 1d6!: [4]+[5] = 9 +2 for Wild Attack = 7
Assuming that hits 1d12!+2: [10]+2 = 12 +2 for Wild Attack = 14
.

Current Status and MAP
She is currently Vulnerable from Wild Attacking. She took no MAP to her attacks because of Split the Seconds and Swashbuckler.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 17(7) w/o tactical plates |20(9) w/tactical plates | 22(9) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 677
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Icosa »

"Leaving the building, even eliminating any recordings, wouldn't clear me from suspicion," Icosa replies to Caine over the communicators. "I had an appointment, and these mercenaries paid someone in the administration for that information so they could intercept me here. My involvement is known."

"Even so, what I did was in self defense. I don't believe I'm in the wrong here. Trying to escape would send a poor message."

"If it's all right with the team, I don't mind staying so I can answer questions and present our case."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by Ajax »

Ajax nods at @Icosa. "I believe you are right." He scans the hands of his comrades nearby. "It is probably wisest to ensure our hands are empty for the arrival of the authorities. They are less likely to kill us if we aren't holding weapons...I hope."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 6: The Start Line

Post by William Rufus »

William is looking around at the bodies, and listens to the others as far as what needs to be done. Back in his world the Bad Guys, Demons and any human they have lured into their services, are not really investigated like here on this world. :roll: These People have odd ways of dealing with enemies. But they know what is expected here, I guess it is good that we didn't Kill any of these and especially Tex using the sleep spell to eliminate those in here. Then me just getting the outside guards to let us in.
Ajax nods at @Icosa. "I believe you are right." He scans the hands of his comrades nearby. "It is probably wisest to ensure our hands are empty for the arrival of the authorities. They are less likely to kill us if we aren't holding weapons..
.

William puts his sword away But uses the staff to move the sleeping guards weapons away from them as he says, "We don't need to have these waking up and to start shooting. Our Story is we received a call from our team saying that she was being held at gunpoint and and they were trying to rob her. We came to see if she needed help. We found strangers blocking the way and we didn't harm the ones we encountered."
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
Post Reply

Return to “Into the Unknown”