Chapter 7: Family Ties

Exploits of Adventure Incorporated!
Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Charity
  • City of Charity
The City of Charity is anything but charitable and has become a mockery of its name. It is the newest of the Colorado Baronies, only 76 years old. The mentality of the people here is that life is too short and you are dead a long time, so enjoy life. Unfortunately, this has been taken to the extreme, making this Barony what most people think of as the "Wild West." One or more showdowns, shootouts and backstabbings occur daily, and brawls and robberies occur constantly somewhere in town. Handguns, Vibro-Blades and light weapons, and body armor are all permitted in the city. The city is quickly becoming a haven for drifters, gamblers, saloon bums, outlaws, gunslingers, snake oil salesmen, crooks, and scalawags of all kinds.
Rolling back to Charity in the damaged Mammoth takes a little longer than the trip up the mountains. Each passing kilometer the team is aware of how far the Skycycle pilot may have gone. In town, Lady Alexandre awaits their report along with the Baron of Charity. As soon as the Baron spots Maxwell he smiles loudly and exclaims, ”Maxy!”

The old mercenary gives a smirk and a nod back.

”Little bro.”

Maxwell is surprisingly forthcoming to his brother, who seems unphased by his older sibling’s actions. As the interview wears on, Maxwell reveals as much as he knows.

”We got hired by some smooth talking merc to shadow these fellas and isolate their girlfriend.” He gives Icosa a wink and a little call me hand signal. ”Once she made the appointment with you I, you know, invoked the family name and a few credits to clear out city hall and let the client have at her. Figured they were bounty hunters from back east or something. Doesn’t matter much, Black credits are good credits to me.”

He chuckles, I don’t think they expected much of a fight and got more than they bargained for. As soon as the shooting started my men came back to the gulch. When we got there one of the clients was there, sporting Black Skulls, saying these fine cut throats” Maxwell eyeballs Tex hard as he says the word cut throats, ”Were coming, loaded for bear and revenge, so we dug in to defend ourselves.”

He shrugs, ”We lost, here we are.”

All that seems good enough for the Baron, as if the whole affair was just another day in the neighbourhood. The Baron grins at lady Alexandre, ”I will hold Maxwell and his gang to justice here in the Barony. A fine seems appropriate for their actions.”

Maxwell winces at the thought of parting with his hard earned credits but mostly stands around with a goofy grin on his face as the Baron continues.

”As for your expedition Lady, it seems you have attracted some unwanted attention and drug the Coalition into our town. I hope you will be on your way soon. Whatever they want with you it seems they are quite intent on having it.”

Lady Alexandre looks annoyed but remains calm, she seems resigned to the local politics, despite her distaste for it.

”The Baron has one redeeming point, you have garnered some unwanted attention. I suspect the trail may have gone cold, but we should investigate their last known position before leaving.”

Their earlier data suggested the Coalition might be holed up in the ruins of Denver, but by now they could be long gone, or have immensely prepared for the group.

Maxwell lights up a cigar and pipes up, ”If you need backup my rates are reasonable!”
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Image
  • Size: 8 (Huge)
  • Handling: +0
  • Top Speed: 90 MPH
  • Toughness: 46 (24)
  • Crew: 5+20
  • Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Mars »

Lace, now dehydrated enough that she has stopped crying, drops to a bench and begins laughing silently.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 14 (5) w/o tactical plates |17 (7) w/tactical plates | 19(7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Ajax »

Ajax's eyes narrow, though the un-juiced stupor he finds himself in minimizes his desire to pick a fight. He musters only a reply to the baron's brother. "Why would we pay mercenaries who we just handily defeated? You barely suffice as meat shields."
He turns towards Lady Alexandre. "It is my fault that the cycle pilot got away. I was too focused on the robot and failed to give chase. I could have caught him before he disappeared." He shakes his head, trying but failing to clear the fog from his brain. "So we should pursue the Skull people, and soon. I guess we will not be coming back here, then?"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Mars »

In between airy, voiceless laughs, Lace manages to wheeze out, "What's .... the point? They're long gone by now, right? Oh man, this is the day, you guys! What a damned day!"
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 14 (5) w/o tactical plates |17 (7) w/tactical plates | 19(7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Tex Arcana »

Repair 1d10: [8] = 8 | Cost to repair the Mammoth
Wild Die: 1d6: [2] = 2

Of course, Tex thinks as he sees Maxwell and the Baron are not just chummy, but related. "Baron, thank you for understanding the seriousness of your brother's actions. A fine sounds entirely appropriate." A telepath on the team would be very helpful, I am going to just have to wing it. "Our transport suffered some serious damage from your brother's robot. We believe his team should be responsible for the repairs, especially since it's his company's actions that have prevented us from bring the true villains, the Coalition, to justice." He pulls out a notepad and scribbles a number (double what it should cost to repair the Mammoth) and shows it to Lady Alexandre for confirmation. With her agreement, he hands the number over to the Baron to consider.

To @Ajax, Tex says, "Don't blame yourself for this. We didn't know what a fine upstanding citizen of Charity, that Maxwell here is. We would have been in our rights to conduct frontier justice and stretched his and his teams necks." He nods back towards the Baron, "I am sure the Baron would have been mildly irritated if we had done that. In any event, if their contact did make it back, they would have been ready for us. Being ambushed twice in one day is not what I had in mind."

The mage puts a hand on Lacy's shoulder, "We need to choose the time and place of our next battle with these guys. I am confident that when @Mars returns to you, a plan will present itself that will lead us to victory."

Once outside of the Baron's offices, Tex checks the time, and askS @William Rufus, "I think it's almost time to meet the dwarf, Ironside, and conclude our transaction, what do you think?"

He looks for a private spot, and then briefly explains to the rest that William and he had a arranged to meet with the dwarf's contacts who was offering to sell a rare magical item. He also hands out the 50 gram shares of Gantrium to each of them.
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Mars »

Lace's eyes burn red when @Tex Arcana mentions the name "Mars" and her face hardens. The wheezing laughs subside and she raises her nose up in the air, takes a long sniff as if catching an animal's scent, and turns on her heel back towards the Mammoth without another word.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 14 (5) w/o tactical plates |17 (7) w/tactical plates | 19(7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Erebus Caine »

Colorado Baronies/Charity
Round 0

Erebus Caine scowled in silence. So the bandit was the Baron’s brother. That was just like things. The Coalition was the same way, some politician’s incompetant nephew put in charge of good deadboys.

“You tell us what you know about the Coalition man and where they’re hold up. I want my money back from that whore, and I want that captain’s stripes in my scrapbook.”

The truck still needed repairing. The Coalition would know they were coming. They would be dug in, or possibly have left before the team got there.
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
1 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 4/3
Rifle Ammo: 22/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 23/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Improved Take ‘Em Down: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he adds +4 to the AP value of his weapons. He may reroll damage once without spending a Benny.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Tiny Tim »

Meanwhile back in his human form...

"Well guys, that big robot is now ours to do with as we wish. If we were to give it back to them, that would be MORE than enough to pay for them to help us... even with its current damage and whatever future damage is done to it, as long as it is still even slightly working... even enough value for them to include all the repairs we would need for the Mammoth before and after the battle with the Coalition. Also, it would be awfully difficult to bring back here or with us as we travel. We just have someone inside the cockpit with them to keep them honest with us until the job is done. If we can give me a few hours, I can be fully healed and at top battle readiness. A few hours shouldn't affect their level of preparation or allow them to lose us if they should flee."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 22/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
Speed (Quickness)

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    • -1 to Soak Phantom Wolf
      -1 to Reroll Notice on Phantom Wolves
      -1 to Reroll Athletics for Breath Weapon on Phantom Wolves
      +1 for William's Joker
      -1 to Reroll Fear vs. Greater Elemental
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by William Rufus »

William Rufus after the delivery of the people to the Barron's Justice. He isn't completely surprise, that this group had a way out. He just shakes his head at the brothers. William adds his voice to the others., "Maybe you should do a little more investigating, in what you take money for, before you ambush a group. It might save you some money and spare the lost of life. If you truly have care for those things. Oh just remember, there are eyes upon you still, just to make sure there are no accidental attacks on our forces and if and when we return."

William talks to the commander, "So the Robot should be used to pay for supplies and spares. You may have some other uses for the Bot. As for the CS I don't think it would be beneficial for us to go to Denver now. They are aware of what happened, they have chosen and prepared the battle field, they have more time to prepare, and even have gotten reinforcements. So we should leave the Barron to deal with his problems. beside it really isn't in the purpose of this expedition to meddle into the local politics is it?"

He turns and leave. When Tex
"I think it's almost time to meet the dwarf, Ironside, and conclude our transaction, what do you think?"
William replies, "That sounds good, you know they might have some ting that we could put on the Vehicle, to help us , force field, a robot driver, and other things, I think it would benefit us all. "

Goes with Tex.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Ajax »

Ajax shakes his head at @William Rufus. "They intentionally sought us out to attack us as we were divided. This is a threat at our backs. Let them dig in. We will root them out."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Dawn saw Lace take off towards the Mammoth, and kept pace as best as she could. She pulled up alongside the MOM enhancile, and coughed. "Heya. Things got pretty rough back there. Anythin' you wanna talk 'bout?"
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Pace: 10; Running Die: d12; Parry: 6; Toughness: 15 (6)
- Parry is 9 with psi-shield active, and enemies have a -4 cover penalty to hit
- When attacked with technological attacks, enemies take -2 on their rolls.

ISP: 10 / 10

Bennies: 2
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
- Spent 1 to reroll Fighting on April 11 2021
- Gained 1 on draw of the Joker May 8 2021
- Spent 1 to remove Shaken May 8 2021
- Spent 1 to soak damage May 8 2021
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Lady Alexandre nods to Tex, and the Baron scoffs at the number but looks at his brother.

"Fix what you broke." Maxwell looks like he is about to object but just shrugs, "Yeah we'll fix it, and I'll pay a little bit since they left us our stuff."
Handwavium
Fix the damage to the Mammoth and pick up something nice for yourselves.
Business concluded Lady Alexandre takes the group aside privately for a moment. "I believe the Coalition values the information you gathered in Tolkeen. They may follow us over the Great Barrier Wall. You will need to be wary from now on. Where we are going there will be no backup."

--

Deciding not to pursue the Coalition the group prepares for the ascent of the Rockies, each left to their own devices with the cash settlement from Maxwell burning a hole in their respective pockets. This may be the last enclave of civilization they will see for quite some time.

Tex and William meet up with finally meet up with the Dwarven smith who purified their gantrium deposit. He nervously takes them to a very high class, for Charity anyway, casino. Their contact has a room in the back where he is entertaining some d-bees of various sorts but they all scatter when Tex and William arrive, William and Tex can both sense supernatural power radiating from the creature before them.

"Good evening, I am Zargus." Zargus has gleaming, golden-scaled skin, great emerald-colored orbs for eyes, and a blazing red crest of fur running from the top of his of his forehead along his scalp and down his spine. He’s got four long, tapered fingers on each hand, and tall, oddly-bent legs that suggest his race wasn’t always bipedal. He stands about seven feet tall, but his build is quite slender.

"Let us get down to business. I require raw materials and you require refined goods." He takes a silver ring, encircled with runes that glint slightly with power, and places it on the table in front of them. "What you have is only useful to those who can use it, trade it to me and this ring - and all the power it bestows can be yours."
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Mars »

Dawn Swiftrunner wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:15 pm Dawn saw Lace take off towards the Mammoth, and kept pace as best as she could. She pulled up alongside the MOM enhancile, and coughed. "Heya. Things got pretty rough back there. Anythin' you wanna talk 'bout?"
Lace looks up, surprised someone is talking to her. Her pupils are oddly dilated and she says, ”Are you real?” She reaches out and touches Dawn’s face and then starts to cry. ”You are real. Thank the gods. Or don’t thank them, the pricks. I thought I was losing it there.”
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 14 (5) w/o tactical plates |17 (7) w/tactical plates | 19(7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Ajax »

Ajax nods at the Baron's deal. "That is as fair as anything, I suppose." He glances once more at the Baron's mercenary brother, the slightest dopey - yet triumphant - grin on his face as he moves towards the exit.
Out on the town, Ajax partakes of what could be the last civilized food and drink of his life. At least, that's how he treats it. He feasts mightily and drinks even more mightily, putting the small recompense from the defeated mercs to good use.
He takes part of the next day to wander the armories, wondering what else he might take into the wilds. He hears a call from what resembles a barn built of MD materials. "You, rider, are you here for your armor?" Ajax turns and finds the shopkeeper waving at him. "Oh, you're not him. Gahds, how many of your kind can there be, eh?"
Ajax trots up. "My kind? There are some, but out here? None of my tribe have wandered this way. What have you for one such as me?"
The merchant grins. "You, lad, fit the build and manner of a customer who placed a special order some time ago. I fear he has succumbed to the time and age in which we find ourselves. Regardless, I have this armor and no one to take it off of my hands. Gahds know when I would be able to unload it. So...do me a favor, eh? Take this off my hands. I'll fit it to you. Just remember me when you make your fortune, yes? I am called Stevens."
By whatever fortune favors him, Ajax walks out of the barn, 30 minutes later, clad in perfectly fitting EBA combat plate heavy armor. "Ride free, lad!" Ajax thumps his fist to his chest and bows low. "You are beyond kind, Stevens. What fortune I may find, I will return to compensate you tenfold this suit's worth!"
The centaur trots off to meet his company, ready for his journey into the outlands.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex suppresses a grin at Maxwell's discomfiture and agreement to repair the Mammoth and kick in some extra credits. The mage tips his hat to the Baron and his brother and follows Lady Alexandre out of the building and listens to her concerns. "Perhaps they will only continue to chase us if they think we haven't shared the information yet. A few words via diplomatic channels letting them know the cat is out of the bag may draw the heat off us small fry."

As Tex and William go to meet the dwarf, Tex's eye is drawn to a techno-wizard shop advertising various armors. "Hold a moment, William." He walks in and looks around, coming across a suit of Combat Mage Heavy EBA. He looks at the spec sheet. This is an interesting variant. Additional energy storage to keep the armor powered and a 'get out of Dodge' option (Intangibility) instead of the standard vision enhancements. "Sold." Tex says to himself. He calls over the D-Bee shopkeeper and transfers his portion of Maxwell's credits to the being. "Please pack it up and I'll be back for it shortly."

...

Tex is impressed with where the dwarf leads them. Chances are that while there may be shadiness about this transaction, the seller has resources and clout in this town. Tex bows in return to Zargus' greeting and says, "Thank you, I am Tex Arkana." He nods to the dwarf, "Ironside, has said that we might strike a bargain."

The mage uses his magical senses (Detect Arcana) when Zargus puts the ring down on the table. Tex takes off his glove and removes his ring with the flawed stone, and asks, "May I?" He indicates that he'd like to examine the ring. He compares Zargus' ring to his own verifying the ring is made from gantrium and has a xanthine gem stone and if it has the same similar aura as his own. A slight tremor in his hand is the only sign of his excitement. How many deathtraps did I enter at the end of the war just to find the ring I have in my own possession. To hold an unflawed version was something I thought would only happen if I figured out how to make one myself. He sets the ring back on the table and reaches into his pouch. He pulls out his vial of gantrium and sets it down beside the ring. "There is enough there to make a half dozen rings with the right knowledge." He steps back focus on Zargus to hear his response.
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by William Rufus »

AJax
"They intentionally sought us out to attack us as we were divided. This is a threat at our backs. Let them dig in. We will root them out."
William responds to Ajax, "Yes I want them to pay. But they have the deck stacked in their favor. If we can keep an eye on them and take them out when it is our advantage, it will be so much better. I also would like to spread the word on what that data has and spread it out. Say it is because they came after us and failed that we put this information out to all for the better of all. Then let the CS know it was because of their people that this happened."

OOC Comments
Fix the damage to the Mammoth and pick up something nice for yourselves.
Business concluded Lady Alexandre takes the group aside privately for a moment. "I believe the Coalition values the information you gathered in Tolkeen. They may follow us over the Great Barrier Wall. You will need to be wary from now on. Where we are going there will be no backup."
William listens to the others and states, "We need to find someone that can repair the ride."

He then heads with Tex, and sees him looking at armor, "Go for it Tex." he then looks around and sees a young lady working on some weapons. He smiles at her and she smiles back and speaks, "Excuse me I didn't see you here the last time I was here."

She states with a smile on her face, "You need to work on your pickup lines."

William quickly replies, "Oh no, I wasn't trying to pick you up."

She responds quickly, "Oh, so I'm not good enough for you."

William replies, "No your beautiful. I just came in to finish some business before we head out west. But my friend was looking for some armor, and I'm thinking of a weapon that can take down a robot."

The Lady blushes now, "Oh you are so sly." as she gets close to him and puts her index finger under his chin, "You sweet talking man. Let me show you something they have in the store over here." She goes over to the TW Starfire Cannon. "This is what you want. Deals out damage to the toughest. Oh and you look great in that armor."

William replies a little in shock, "Oh its Celestial armor made by Angels. But I can't carry that!"

The Lady replies back with a smile, "No silly we mount it in the vehicle and then you can fire it form there . Don't worry I'll go and put some nice mounts on the vehicle and then you are all set. I'll even throw in a portable tripod. "

William says, "OK, it is a date, I mean sold, I'll buy it." as she takes the credit stick and kisses him on the cheek. She turns to the workmen in the shop and they are all grins, and credits are passing between the winners and losers and she takes home a big pot too.

William looks around for Tex. "Are we ready to go?"
William is wondering what that was all about? Yes he got something for all the crew.

William follows Tex, still a bit in a daze.

When Tex does his thing William keeps an eye out, and whisper to Tex, "Uh I thought we would get things for everyone. I don't understand?"
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex grits his teeth, but keeps his smile at William's question. No, you came to meet with the dwarf's contact to find out what else he might have. I came to find one of the rings. "Once this transaction is concluded, you are welcome to
Tex gave Ajax, Erebus, Mars, Icosa, Tiny Tim, and William 50 grams of gantrium eachj right after they left the Baron.
as you wish, though without the rest of the team here, I would not want to speak for them,"
the mage says his eyes not leaving Zargus..
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Mars »

Lace finds a pair of boots while gearing up for the team’s departure. They are simple looking, but somehow sleek (if a boot can be called sleek) with little stylized wings on the ankles that remind her of stories she’s read before…

”How much for those?” she asks the vendor.

While out, she also replenishes her supply of ammo and grenades, and she picks up a spare vibro-knife, some silvered shotgun shells for her equalizer, and a data pad full of books and videos. She sets herself up in the Mammoth with her feet up (in their new boots, natch) and her new pad out to get in some reading while she waits.

Purchases
She grabs a crap ton of e-clips, both rifle and pistol sized, Big Bore Shells (box of 100), and silvered shotgun shells (box of 100) to go along with her wishlist boots.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 14 (5) w/o tactical plates |17 (7) w/tactical plates | 19(7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs arcane powers and effects AND reduce damage from arcane powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance; Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (when in Losing It state), Multiple Personalities
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Erebus Caine
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Erebus Caine »

Find a WI-GL4 4
-2 Scarcity
Common Knowledge 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild 1d6-2: [4]-2 = 2
Armor Piercing grenades 4
-1 scarcity
Common Knowledge 1d6-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6-1: [5]-1 = 4
Colorado Baronies/Charity
Round 0

Erebus Caine wasn’t too keen on not mopping up the Coalition jackasses. But he knew how stubborn their officers could be, and that Captain Freeman seemed a right prick. The sniper had no doubt he’d see the man again -- preferably through a targeting reticule.

Taking his gantrium, Caine considered what he might need. A grenade launcher, perhaps or a rocket launcher, something to take down hard targets like that robot armor. The local weapons dealers had several varieties, and Caine picked out a WI-GL4. While there were bigger ones with more punch, this was a model he could carry and use easily in the field. He picked up a belt of the armor-piercing grenades as well.

OOC: WI-GL4 Grenade Launcher and belt of 24 AP grenades.
Turn
Free Action:
Action:
Action:
Action:
Move:
Loot
1 CP-40 Laser Rifles
***
Character Info
Pace: 8 (Run d8); Parry: 6 (8 with JA-11); Toughness: 15 (6)
Bennies: 4/3
Rifle Ammo: 22/60
  • 2 x spare long clips 30 each
Pistol Ammo: 23/30
  • 2 x spare short clips 30 each
Armor: 10/10 PP
First Aid Kit: 3/3
IRMSS: 3/4
Medi-Gel: 9/10
Wealth: d10
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 lb
Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures Size 3+
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound modifiers
Aim: Spend entire turn aiming. On next turn, ignore up to 4 points of Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed penalties, or add +2 to the roll.
Assassin: They add +2 to damage rolls when foe is Vulnerable or have The Drop.
Danger Sense: When rolling for Surprise, add +2 to Notice roll to act in the first round. With a raise, start the encounter on Hold. In other situations not covered by the Surprise rules (a sniper shot, pit trap, poisoned drink, etc.), Danger Sense gives a Notice roll at −2 (or +2 if a Notice roll is usually allowed) to detect the hazard and take appropriate action. If this was an attack and the hero makes the Notice roll, the foe doesn’t get The Drop against him.
Double Tap: Double Tap can only be used with weapons that have a Rate of Fire of 1 and can fire two shots without needing to manually reload. It adds +1 to hit and damage at the cost of one extra bullet. This is per action, so a shooter can Double Tap more than once if she performs a Multi-Action. Double Tap cannot be combined with Rapid Fire. If used with a weapon capable of Three Round Burst, it adds +2 to Shooting and damage instead of +1 and expends six bullets.
Level Headed: Draw additional Action Card in combat.
Marksman: If don’t move in a turn and fires no more than a ROF 1 as first action, may add +1 to an Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll, or ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver and does not stack with it. Marksman doesn’t apply to additional attacks after the first.
Improved Take ‘Em Down: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he adds +4 to the AP value of his weapons. He may reroll damage once without spending a Benny.
Steady Hands: Ignore Unstable Platform penalty. Reduce Running penalty to -1.
NG-AT46 Mammoth APC
Size: 8 (Huge)
Handling: +0
Top Speed: 90 MPH
Toughness: 46 (24)
Crew: 5+20
Mods: 0*
Notes: Reinforced Ram, ATV, ECC, STS, MDC Armor, Nuclear-Powered.
Cargo Bay*: Mods 8 configured as Cargo Space, open-air (Exposed Crew), 32 ton carry limit.
Weapons: Medium Rail Gun (Turret), Light Laser (Front Sponson), 2×Anti-Personnel Ion Blasters (Left and Right Sponsons).
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Tiny Tim »

Looking around the stuff they found from the mercenaries, Tiny Tim picks up for himself a new toy... a
Base Item: Medium Laser
  • Range: 150/300/600
    Damage: 3d10 AP 20
    RoF: 1
    Shots:
    I am thinking 12 shots. Lasers are normally directly connected to power sources and thus have unlimited shots. It will take 12 PPE to fully rearm the Mod 3 TW Heavy Weapon, and this makes a simple 1 PPE = 1 Shot.

    Mods: 3
    Rarity: −3
    Price: 500,000x4=2,000,000 (Due Hatchling Complications)
    • Conversion: 400,000
      • Trapping: Concentrated Sunlight
      Mods:
      • Minor:
        • +1 Shooting (5000)
          +1 Shooting (5000)
          5 Internal PPE (5000)
        Major:
        • +1 Shooting Die (10,000)
          +1 Shooting Die (10,000)
          10 Internal PPE (30,000)
    Cost: 2,465,000
.

OOOoooOOO... this should be VERY useful... even if not as fun as using Explosives. From what I can tell, it should be easy for me to use even without any training... though drawing on my mind powers should help too. The controls look like I should be able to handle it with my claws

"Lace, those boots look very pretty. Look at my new toy!!! It will even compensate for my lack of training with guns, but still allow me to damage big robots. I will call it... Lightbringer!!!"
Last edited by Tiny Tim on Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 22/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 33 (18) in Dragon Form, 19 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
Speed (Quickness)

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    • -1 to Soak Phantom Wolf
      -1 to Reroll Notice on Phantom Wolves
      -1 to Reroll Athletics for Breath Weapon on Phantom Wolves
      +1 for William's Joker
      -1 to Reroll Fear vs. Greater Elemental
User avatar
Dawn Swiftrunner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Dawn Swiftrunner »

Mars wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:19 pm Lace looks up, surprised someone is talking to her. Her pupils are oddly dilated and she says, ”Are you real?” She reaches out and touches Dawn’s face and then starts to cry. ”You are real. Thank the gods. Or don’t thank them, the pricks. I thought I was losing it there.”
"Yeah, I'm... I'm real." Dawn's tail flicked slightly at the MOM enhancile patting her face; it reminded her a little too much of Coalition days. But she said nothing. She accompanied her as they went shopping.

"What I said before, still stands. Anythin' you wanna talk 'bout?"
A good dog.
OOC Comments
Pace: 10; Running Die: d12; Parry: 6; Toughness: 15 (6)
- Parry is 9 with psi-shield active, and enemies have a -4 cover penalty to hit
- When attacked with technological attacks, enemies take -2 on their rolls.

ISP: 10 / 10

Bennies: 2
- Gained 1 Jan 31 2021 for good RP (see Discord)
- Spent 1 to reroll Fighting on April 11 2021
- Gained 1 on draw of the Joker May 8 2021
- Spent 1 to remove Shaken May 8 2021
- Spent 1 to soak damage May 8 2021
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Icosa »

Icosa examined her gantrium minutely after being given it; swiftly exhausting her onboard sensors' potential without much to show for it. She lacked the means to conduct a detailed material analysis. Sending it back to the Republic was in theory possible, but in practice very difficult. So it seemed best to use it in the spirit that it was offered in; as a means of trade.

She made a mental note of Mars and Dawn heading off, but stuck near William until she could have a word with him in private.

"Excuse me," Icosa said then, "I have an observation, and a question. And...the question is really more of a request for advice. Everything we've heard from these mercenaries, as well as the tactics they employed, suggests that the Coalition's primary target is me. For whatever reason, they believe I am the sole possessor of the data we took."

"Now, I happen to be excellent at disguises, and even have augmentations that assist me in changing the details of my appearance. Do you think this would be effective in throwing the Coalition off? Or would they notice the sudden addition of a 'new' team member and immediately realize the deception?"
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by William Rufus »

William Heads over to Icosa after she says "Excuse me." Then he listens to her.
"I have an observation, and a question. And...the question is really more of a request for advice. Everything we've heard from these mercenaries, as well as the tactics they employed, suggests that the Coalition's primary target is me. For whatever reason, they believe I am the sole possessor of the data we took."
William replies, "So, you think they only want you."
"Now, I happen to be excellent at disguises, and even have augmentations that assist me in changing the details of my appearance. Do you think this would be effective in throwing the Coalition off? Or would they notice the sudden addition of a 'new' team member and immediately realize the deception?"
William responds, "Maybe come up with a plan that looks like you stay here, an are seen here after we leave. Or have you and Layla get off the ride then Layla gets back on, that is you looking like Layla gets on? Something along those lines."
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 693
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 7: Family Ties

Post by Icosa »

Icosa considers, then nods.

"I can easily rendezvous with the APC at a pre-arranged site with my jetpack," she offers. "A switch is also not impossible. I can disguise myself as Layla, or whoever is necessary, but my equipment is another matter."

She thinks for a moment, then says, "Though my armor seems very generic. I have seen numerous people with the same model. Different markings of course, but that isn't hard to change. The obstacle would be my jetpack. Those are not nearly as commonplace."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Post Reply

Return to “Into the Unknown”