Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Exploits of Adventure Incorporated!
Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Mountain Pass
Exiting the facility still proves a challenge as the main entrance is obliterated. Fortunately, Carter and her crew are able to identify some alternate routes using circulation shafts. Getting out is not easy but the group eventually comes to a small stone wall blocking what used to be a comms conduit. Nothing a quick demolitions charge can't handle.

A brief explosion followed by a dust cloud allows light to stream into the old tunnel. Niki leaves a marker so Carter's group can seal it off. Emerging in a cloud of dust and rubble the team finds themselves staring at some wide-eyed Fenodi tribespeople. Immediately they bow down and worship the group.

"You have survived the great ordeal and returned. Please teach us the ones of the one who lies beneath!"
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Mars »

Mars smiles broadly. Finally, some sentients who recognize deity when they see it!

She raises her hands high above her head and calls out, "What lies beneath is a temple of war, a monument to survival and conquest!"
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It)
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax shakes his head vigorously, sputtering with the exhale of stale underground air. "There is nothing beneath that outstrips the glory of the open sky and the open field. Rejoice that you need not traverse this place!" He stamps his feet, eager to stretch his legs and breathe free air again. "They who remain below will be no trouble to you."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


Emerging in a cloud of dust and rubble Niki brushes dust off her uniform / armor and then gawking at the Fenodi tribespeople who bow down and worship the group she stands quietly waiting on the others in the group to proceed.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

The helm of his armor damps down the sudden brightness as he steps out into the sun. He looks around and steps away from the dust and then reaches up to click the helmet open. The sight of the Fennodi brings a smile to his face. They did wait for us.

He motions them to stand up, "Stand up friends, we have survived the trial in the mountain. Within were sleepers from a time long ago. They have much knowledge and technology of the past. If you would be kind and helpful and explain the world as it is now, I am sure they will reciprocate."
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Icosa looks at Niki and asks quietly, "Do you want to say anything to them from the people of NEMA?"

She nods at the Fennodi.

"They could be very valuable allies for you. A little superstitious, but they have knowledge of the new rules that this world plays by now."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

"The residents of the facility are just Humans... just Humans that have been in a super sleep for the last few centuries... since before the Rifts, I believe. They have some nice toys, though, just like
LAWS-3 RPG
. They will need for you to teach them about how the world has changed since they went to sleep. I am sure they will be willing to help you learn about their old things if you teach them about the state of things and all of the major powers in the area."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William comes out escorting Layla. Making his way over the rubble and making sure she doesn't slip or fall there. Optics change quickly but as he looks around he shades his eyes a bit. as he gets out he says a little Prayer to himself, Thank the gods of good that we arrive safe after this adventure.

"Niki these are the ones that helped us and your people. They are kind, unselfish beings and deserve any help you can give them."
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

True Believers
The Fenodi are in awe that their spirits have a name, the Neemans!

Many immediately turn intangible and plunge into the rocks while others stay to debate the meaning of this newfound information and whether they even believe these outsiders who survived the ordeal. However, some good comes amidst the chaos and upheaval. Niki is able to get some fuzzy satellite telemetry and the Fenodi have intimate knowledge of these mountains. Between them, a pathway through the Great Barrier Wall seems possible. The way is fraught with danger, but the expedition may yet reach its starting point.

Reuniting with the expedition the group shares the passageway, and their findings with Lady Alexandre. The excitement in the camp is palpable. Now all that is needed are volunteers to cross over the Great Barrier wall and establish a foothold. Of course, Fortune is given the task.
Loot
Pick one Adventuring Gear item from any book to help you along the way
For a Benny
Update your Journals
Traversing Our Modern World
The way through is arduous and difficult. This will be a Dangerous Quick Encounter at -2 using Athletics, Survival, or other appropriate skills. One success per player is needed - whether they are active or not! So, that's 8.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Anticipating some harsher environmental conditions as they trekked across the mountains, and into the central desert of old California, Icosa availed herself of a piece of survival gear; a cloak that would help regular her temperature. Of course, the armor would help with that too, but there was no telling just how extreme weather was in the current age. It seemed prudent to prepare.

After committing the maps to memory, Icosa found an opportunity to drift away from the others by a little ways and discovered a picturesque spot where she could sit on the flat side of a boulder and look out over the nearby valley. It was quite a view....almost a pity she wouldn't be seeing it very much, even if it looked like that's what she was staring at.

She tuned her communications gear though, as the satellite overhead entered its contact window. Her signal was immediately returned, and with the establishment of their communications protocol, Icosa felt her awareness shift entirely to ARCHIE's construct.

Conversations with ARCHIE
It was different this time though. Instead of a blank white room, ARCHIE's avatar appeared 'beside' her, standing near the boulder without otherwise interfering with her perceptions. As he looked around, she realized that this WAS the construct though...but that it had been assembled from her own memory then projected so ARCHIE could see it in real time.

"Report," said the supercomputer, pausing as he spotted the mountain housing the military complex...with the giant crater bowing in one side.

"We were able to gain access to the base," Icosa said. "Its lower levels are still intact despite having suffered bombardment."

ARCHIE frowned at this, noting that the former entrance to the base was well and truly buried. "How did you gain access?"

"Paranormal means. A low-technology tribe has taken up residence close to the mountain. They use some kind of paranormal ability to grant outsiders access to the base as part of a religious observance?" Icosa shakes her head. "I admit, their motives were hard to explain. I can't argue with the results though."

"Within the facility we encountered resistance. Security systems monitored and maintained by an ancient artificial intelligence."

She noted ARCHIE's quick sidelong glance at her, and she nodded. "Not one of you. Not exactly. A...precursor, I think though. I was able to salvage its code base, but it was very damaged. In the end it had to be taken offline, due to being unable to distinguish between friend and foe."

"There were members of NEMA with suspended biological functions in the base, as part of an emergency protocol to be revived after the cataclysm and restore order," said Icosa. "The base intelligence had lost all feeds from the surface, so it was keeping them inactive long past the planned time. We were able to revive them and explain the situation. They will need time to establish themselves, but they could be an effective future ally..."

"NEMA," sighed ARCHIE. He shook his head. "Perhaps. Tell me of their commanders. What kind of people are they?"

"Military," is Icosa's response. "Pragmatic, professional. The cataclysm was already under way when they entered stasis, so they were prepared for consequences...even if they hadn't expected quite as many changes as there have been."

"Associate. Speculate. Will they be aggressive?"

Icosa considered that. "They have access to technology, but there aren't very many of them and their tactical situation is precarious. It will take them several years at least to secure the area around the base, and they'll likely have to recruit from outside themselves. My experience suggests that societies that...by necessity or desire...include non-natives typically experience pressure to become more cosmopolitan. Once they have a secure territory and sufficient manpower to utilize and protect it, the number of variables increases dramatically. I...think it is likely that they will expand their influence to impose order on as much of the surrounding area as they can, as there is no other nearby major political or military force. This will bring them into conflict with the Pecos Empire to the south though."

"It is likely that they will not have enough forces to score any kind of early victory against Pecos, and that they will instead work to contain them from the north while continuing to expand their influence peacefully into the West and Pacific Northwest. I find it unlikely that they will seek military conflict on another front while dealing with the Pecos Empire. So...no, I do not believe they will be militarily aggressive in the near to mid-term future."

ARCHIE listened to this impassively, still frowning at the distant, damaged peak of Cheyenne.

"We'll see," he decided finally, then added, "You said you salvaged the artificial intelligence?"

Icosa formed a data packet; a silvery shining orb that manifested in her hand. It passed to ARCHIE, who frowned for a moment, then nodded. "I see. Yes. Isolated. Operating on conflicting instructions and forced to triage for dwindling resources. A miserable existence. Unfortunately, this couldn't have been the one..." He trailed off then and looked at Icosa as he formulated a data packet of his own.

"I've had a chance to review the specifications you sent of your equipment," the AI said. "Your successes warrant investment. Interface with your propulsion unit."

She lifted an eyebrow, then reached back around behind herself to where the bulk of her jetpack was supported on her armor's frame. Her finger shimmered silver and shaped into a datajack, which she plugged into the port on the side of the pack.

ARCHIE tossed the orb at her, and in a breathless screech of data only she could hear, Icosa was able to review and pass on a set of firmware and software updates to the jetpack's command and control architecture. The physical device couldn't be modified of course, but the enhancements would make it more efficient by a substantial degree, and offer enhanced controllability and reactiveness.

"There are no further special objectives for you at this time," instructed the supercomputer. "Return to your previous activities."

She didn't even have time to respond before ARCHIE's avatar vanished in a flicker, and Icosa was aware that the communication had ended. For another hour she stayed there on the rock overlooking the rugged mountains and valley as the stars came out. Far overhead, one star moved differently, and Icosa looked up at it, imagining that it could see her back. Fanciful. Satellites that could see that kind of detail had been in lower orbits...and had been lost during the upheavals. Just comsats now...comsats and weapon stations, tumbling through space far out past the last gasp of the atmosphere. Assuming nothing de-orbited them, they'd still be there long after everyone she'd met was dead and gone.

That was a bit of a sad thought. She hoped the satellites didn't have active intelligences within them. It would be, she thought, quite lonely.

The next day, the expedition resumed.

Icosa took the role of point scout, using the combination of her advanced optics and newly-enhanced jetpack to venture ahead of the group and make sure their route was still good...or find detours when it wasn't.

Rolls: Notice 17
Notice, has +2 after the -2 penalty. 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [15!!]+[4] = 19
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex checks over the APC's supplies cataloging the items they are low on. Once his list is done, he checks with the Neemans and Fennodi on what items they may be willing to part with. He is loading various food stuffs when Fen Dot approaches him and bows.

"Labrinith Traveler, I have something for you. This was left by one of those who came before, you would honor me if you would accept this as a token of our esteem." The d-bee holds out a wooden case.

Tex takes the case sensing something magical resides within. He opens it up to find a velvet lined box holding an ornately carved pistol in a leather holster. He carefully takes up the pistol in his hand as he sets the box down. "A Jammer Pistol? Look at the detailing here on the hilt and along the barrel! This would have been useful in the mountain, but I can see why they would have been loathe to bring it and lose it. Thank you, Fen Dot, your gift is most appreciated."


Under way, Tex uses his magical sense help guide the group in avoiding supernatural presences and identifying ley lines on their way.

Arcana: 1d12!: [3] = 3
Wild Die: 1d6!: [2] = 2

Failure: 1d4: [2] = 2 Wounds

During the trek, Tex leans to far out of the APC and falls out. Ouch!
Last edited by Tex Arcana on Tue May 24, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

Triax T-100 Eagle Jet Pack Accessory or Nuclear Powered Falcon 300 Jet Pack

Looking over what they have available, Tiny Tim grabs a Jet Pack.

Now I will be able to fly while in Human form... assuming I can learn how to operate this correctly. I hope there is someone I can convince to teach me how to fly it...
Stealth (+2 due Difficulty, +2 due Camouflage Scales)
  • Stealth: 1d8!!: [2] = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    • Bennie Reroll:
      • Stealth: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
        Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 3 - Fail. 1 Wound.
Fast Regeneration (-1 due Wound)
  • Vigor: 1d10!!: [9] = 9
    Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise - Wound Gone.


While scouting out ahead of the rest of the group, Tiny Tim hears some interesting noises up ahead. Carefully climbing over a rise to see what is ahead, a boulder gave way under the weight of the dragon and he rolled down the other side of the rise following the boulder. Stretching his neck to properly see around the boulder to what he was now facing, the dragon saw...
Last edited by Tiny Tim on Tue May 24, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William and Layla get to their position on the vehicle.
Williams Driving five Rolls
Driving D8 +2 Driving Ace passed all with a 4 or higher
OOC Comments
1. 1d8+2: [7]+2 = 9
2. 1d8+2!!: [8]+2 = 10 1d8: [2] = 2
3. 1d8+2!!: [6]+2 = 8
4. 1d8+2!!: [7]+2 = 9
5. 1d8+2!!: [2]+2 = 4
WD D6
OOC Comments
1. 1d6!!: [2] = 2
2. 1d6!!: [4] = 4
3. 1d6!!: [3] = 3
4. 1d6!!: [3] = 3
5. 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Layla Electronics Passed all but the last one with a 4 or higher
Electronics D8
OOC Comments
1. 1d8!!: [6] = 6
2. 1d8!!: [6] = 6
3. 1d8!!: [2] = 2
4. 1d8!!: [5] = 5
5. 1d8!!: [2] = 2
WD D6
OOC Comments
1. 1d6!!: [1] = 1
2. 1d6!!: [2] = 2
3. 1d6!!: [4] = 4
4. 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
5. 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Picking up 2, M-160 Ion Battle Rifle

Layla and William say their goodbyes to the NORAD and the Fenodi.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax, as always, is at home in the wild. Free range or hill, forest or plain, Ajax
Athletics: 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
WD Athletics: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny Athletics with Elan: 1d10!!: [6] = 6
WD Benny Athletics: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Burn: 1d6: [4] = 4
as Group Fortune begins blazing uncharted territory. The juice flows freely through his veins as the mystery of the west-land piques his interest. "Come! This way!"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


WIP — Catching up as fast as I can….

Survival d8

1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5


Niki looks out the window of the vehicle and grins at a sudden thought. IT Would be pretty awesome to catch a ride on the back of the centaur.

Inwardly chuckling she returned her gaze to the terrain around them.
Wip
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Great Barrier Wall
The mountain journey is arduous, fraught with high altitude, dead ends, and wrong turns. The group suffers more than one harrowing set back, including Tex taking a tumble from the ATV! Winded, wounded, and waxing in strength the group doesn't make it far as they hoped. Forced to stop for the night on an exposed hillside somewhere deep in the mountains. Fortunately their monstrous vehicle offers some safety for sleeping. However, the winds howling outside make for uneasy rest.

After an uneventful night, with watches seeing no activity the group prepares for a daylight journey. However, exiting the ATV in the morning the heroes notice a circle of small stones surround the vehicle. Seeming to have appeared there in the night. Those who can detect arcana feel the presence of many small magic creatures nearby, hiding beneath the massive ATV, taking shelter behind the massive tires.

Ajax notices a massive breakfast laid out on a stone table. Wonderful, natural looking foods, that would satiate even the hungriest hyperion.
Image
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Natural Healing Roll for 2 wounds

Vigor: 1d6!: [1] = 1
Wild Die: 1d6!: [5] = 5

Healing Roll:
Arcana: 1d12!-1: [5]-1 = 4 (+1 Ring, -2 Wounds)
Wild Die: 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4 (+1 Ring, -2 Wounds)
Cost: 3


Post in progress.
Post Reply

Return to “Into the Unknown”