Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Exploits of Adventure Incorporated!
Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Mountain Pass
Exiting the facility still proves a challenge as the main entrance is obliterated. Fortunately, Carter and her crew are able to identify some alternate routes using circulation shafts. Getting out is not easy but the group eventually comes to a small stone wall blocking what used to be a comms conduit. Nothing a quick demolitions charge can't handle.

A brief explosion followed by a dust cloud allows light to stream into the old tunnel. Niki leaves a marker so Carter's group can seal it off. Emerging in a cloud of dust and rubble the team finds themselves staring at some wide-eyed Fenodi tribespeople. Immediately they bow down and worship the group.

"You have survived the great ordeal and returned. Please teach us the ones of the one who lies beneath!"
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Mars »

Mars smiles broadly. Finally, some sentients who recognize deity when they see it!

She raises her hands high above her head and calls out, "What lies beneath is a temple of war, a monument to survival and conquest!"
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It)
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax shakes his head vigorously, sputtering with the exhale of stale underground air. "There is nothing beneath that outstrips the glory of the open sky and the open field. Rejoice that you need not traverse this place!" He stamps his feet, eager to stretch his legs and breathe free air again. "They who remain below will be no trouble to you."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


Emerging in a cloud of dust and rubble Niki brushes dust off her uniform / armor and then gawking at the Fenodi tribespeople who bow down and worship the group she stands quietly waiting on the others in the group to proceed.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

The helm of his armor damps down the sudden brightness as he steps out into the sun. He looks around and steps away from the dust and then reaches up to click the helmet open. The sight of the Fennodi brings a smile to his face. They did wait for us.

He motions them to stand up, "Stand up friends, we have survived the trial in the mountain. Within were sleepers from a time long ago. They have much knowledge and technology of the past. If you would be kind and helpful and explain the world as it is now, I am sure they will reciprocate."
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Icosa looks at Niki and asks quietly, "Do you want to say anything to them from the people of NEMA?"

She nods at the Fennodi.

"They could be very valuable allies for you. A little superstitious, but they have knowledge of the new rules that this world plays by now."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

"The residents of the facility are just Humans... just Humans that have been in a super sleep for the last few centuries... since before the Rifts, I believe. They have some nice toys, though, just like
LAWS-3 RPG
. They will need for you to teach them about how the world has changed since they went to sleep. I am sure they will be willing to help you learn about their old things if you teach them about the state of things and all of the major powers in the area."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William comes out escorting Layla. Making his way over the rubble and making sure she doesn't slip or fall there. Optics change quickly but as he looks around he shades his eyes a bit. as he gets out he says a little Prayer to himself, Thank the gods of good that we arrive safe after this adventure.

"Niki these are the ones that helped us and your people. They are kind, unselfish beings and deserve any help you can give them."
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

True Believers
The Fenodi are in awe that their spirits have a name, the Neemans!

Many immediately turn intangible and plunge into the rocks while others stay to debate the meaning of this newfound information and whether they even believe these outsiders who survived the ordeal. However, some good comes amidst the chaos and upheaval. Niki is able to get some fuzzy satellite telemetry and the Fenodi have intimate knowledge of these mountains. Between them, a pathway through the Great Barrier Wall seems possible. The way is fraught with danger, but the expedition may yet reach its starting point.

Reuniting with the expedition the group shares the passageway, and their findings with Lady Alexandre. The excitement in the camp is palpable. Now all that is needed are volunteers to cross over the Great Barrier wall and establish a foothold. Of course, Fortune is given the task.
Loot
Pick one Adventuring Gear item from any book to help you along the way
For a Benny
Update your Journals
Traversing Our Modern World
The way through is arduous and difficult. This will be a Dangerous Quick Encounter at -2 using Athletics, Survival, or other appropriate skills. One success per player is needed - whether they are active or not! So, that's 8.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Anticipating some harsher environmental conditions as they trekked across the mountains, and into the central desert of old California, Icosa availed herself of a piece of survival gear; a cloak that would help regular her temperature. Of course, the armor would help with that too, but there was no telling just how extreme weather was in the current age. It seemed prudent to prepare.

After committing the maps to memory, Icosa found an opportunity to drift away from the others by a little ways and discovered a picturesque spot where she could sit on the flat side of a boulder and look out over the nearby valley. It was quite a view....almost a pity she wouldn't be seeing it very much, even if it looked like that's what she was staring at.

She tuned her communications gear though, as the satellite overhead entered its contact window. Her signal was immediately returned, and with the establishment of their communications protocol, Icosa felt her awareness shift entirely to ARCHIE's construct.

Conversations with ARCHIE
It was different this time though. Instead of a blank white room, ARCHIE's avatar appeared 'beside' her, standing near the boulder without otherwise interfering with her perceptions. As he looked around, she realized that this WAS the construct though...but that it had been assembled from her own memory then projected so ARCHIE could see it in real time.

"Report," said the supercomputer, pausing as he spotted the mountain housing the military complex...with the giant crater bowing in one side.

"We were able to gain access to the base," Icosa said. "Its lower levels are still intact despite having suffered bombardment."

ARCHIE frowned at this, noting that the former entrance to the base was well and truly buried. "How did you gain access?"

"Paranormal means. A low-technology tribe has taken up residence close to the mountain. They use some kind of paranormal ability to grant outsiders access to the base as part of a religious observance?" Icosa shakes her head. "I admit, their motives were hard to explain. I can't argue with the results though."

"Within the facility we encountered resistance. Security systems monitored and maintained by an ancient artificial intelligence."

She noted ARCHIE's quick sidelong glance at her, and she nodded. "Not one of you. Not exactly. A...precursor, I think though. I was able to salvage its code base, but it was very damaged. In the end it had to be taken offline, due to being unable to distinguish between friend and foe."

"There were members of NEMA with suspended biological functions in the base, as part of an emergency protocol to be revived after the cataclysm and restore order," said Icosa. "The base intelligence had lost all feeds from the surface, so it was keeping them inactive long past the planned time. We were able to revive them and explain the situation. They will need time to establish themselves, but they could be an effective future ally..."

"NEMA," sighed ARCHIE. He shook his head. "Perhaps. Tell me of their commanders. What kind of people are they?"

"Military," is Icosa's response. "Pragmatic, professional. The cataclysm was already under way when they entered stasis, so they were prepared for consequences...even if they hadn't expected quite as many changes as there have been."

"Associate. Speculate. Will they be aggressive?"

Icosa considered that. "They have access to technology, but there aren't very many of them and their tactical situation is precarious. It will take them several years at least to secure the area around the base, and they'll likely have to recruit from outside themselves. My experience suggests that societies that...by necessity or desire...include non-natives typically experience pressure to become more cosmopolitan. Once they have a secure territory and sufficient manpower to utilize and protect it, the number of variables increases dramatically. I...think it is likely that they will expand their influence to impose order on as much of the surrounding area as they can, as there is no other nearby major political or military force. This will bring them into conflict with the Pecos Empire to the south though."

"It is likely that they will not have enough forces to score any kind of early victory against Pecos, and that they will instead work to contain them from the north while continuing to expand their influence peacefully into the West and Pacific Northwest. I find it unlikely that they will seek military conflict on another front while dealing with the Pecos Empire. So...no, I do not believe they will be militarily aggressive in the near to mid-term future."

ARCHIE listened to this impassively, still frowning at the distant, damaged peak of Cheyenne.

"We'll see," he decided finally, then added, "You said you salvaged the artificial intelligence?"

Icosa formed a data packet; a silvery shining orb that manifested in her hand. It passed to ARCHIE, who frowned for a moment, then nodded. "I see. Yes. Isolated. Operating on conflicting instructions and forced to triage for dwindling resources. A miserable existence. Unfortunately, this couldn't have been the one..." He trailed off then and looked at Icosa as he formulated a data packet of his own.

"I've had a chance to review the specifications you sent of your equipment," the AI said. "Your successes warrant investment. Interface with your propulsion unit."

She lifted an eyebrow, then reached back around behind herself to where the bulk of her jetpack was supported on her armor's frame. Her finger shimmered silver and shaped into a datajack, which she plugged into the port on the side of the pack.

ARCHIE tossed the orb at her, and in a breathless screech of data only she could hear, Icosa was able to review and pass on a set of firmware and software updates to the jetpack's command and control architecture. The physical device couldn't be modified of course, but the enhancements would make it more efficient by a substantial degree, and offer enhanced controllability and reactiveness.

"There are no further special objectives for you at this time," instructed the supercomputer. "Return to your previous activities."

She didn't even have time to respond before ARCHIE's avatar vanished in a flicker, and Icosa was aware that the communication had ended. For another hour she stayed there on the rock overlooking the rugged mountains and valley as the stars came out. Far overhead, one star moved differently, and Icosa looked up at it, imagining that it could see her back. Fanciful. Satellites that could see that kind of detail had been in lower orbits...and had been lost during the upheavals. Just comsats now...comsats and weapon stations, tumbling through space far out past the last gasp of the atmosphere. Assuming nothing de-orbited them, they'd still be there long after everyone she'd met was dead and gone.

That was a bit of a sad thought. She hoped the satellites didn't have active intelligences within them. It would be, she thought, quite lonely.

The next day, the expedition resumed.

Icosa took the role of point scout, using the combination of her advanced optics and newly-enhanced jetpack to venture ahead of the group and make sure their route was still good...or find detours when it wasn't.

Rolls: Notice 17
Notice, has +2 after the -2 penalty. 1d6!! or 1d6!!: [15!!]+[4] = 19
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex checks over the APC's supplies cataloging the items they are low on. Once his list is done, he checks with the Neemans and Fennodi on what items they may be willing to part with. He is loading various food stuffs when Fen Dot approaches him and bows.

"Labrinith Traveler, I have something for you. This was left by one of those who came before, you would honor me if you would accept this as a token of our esteem." The d-bee holds out a wooden case.

Tex takes the case sensing something magical resides within. He opens it up to find a velvet lined box holding an ornately carved pistol in a leather holster. He carefully takes up the pistol in his hand as he sets the box down. "A Jammer Pistol? Look at the detailing here on the hilt and along the barrel! This would have been useful in the mountain, but I can see why they would have been loathe to bring it and lose it. Thank you, Fen Dot, your gift is most appreciated."


Under way, Tex uses his magical sense help guide the group in avoiding supernatural presences and identifying ley lines on their way.

Arcana: 1d12!: [3] = 3
Wild Die: 1d6!: [2] = 2

Failure: 1d4: [2] = 2 Wounds

During the trek, Tex leans to far out of the APC and falls out. Ouch!
Last edited by Tex Arcana on Tue May 24, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

Triax T-100 Eagle Jet Pack Accessory or Nuclear Powered Falcon 300 Jet Pack

Looking over what they have available, Tiny Tim grabs a Jet Pack.

Now I will be able to fly while in Human form... assuming I can learn how to operate this correctly. I hope there is someone I can convince to teach me how to fly it...
Stealth (+2 due Difficulty, +2 due Camouflage Scales)
  • Stealth: 1d8!!: [2] = 2
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    • Bennie Reroll:
      • Stealth: 1d8!!: [3] = 3
        Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 3 - Fail. 1 Wound.
Fast Regeneration (-1 due Wound)
  • Vigor: 1d10!!: [9] = 9
    Wild: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise - Wound Gone.


While scouting out ahead of the rest of the group, Tiny Tim hears some interesting noises up ahead. Carefully climbing over a rise to see what is ahead, a boulder gave way under the weight of the dragon and he rolled down the other side of the rise following the boulder. Stretching his neck to properly see around the boulder to what he was now facing, the dragon saw...
Last edited by Tiny Tim on Tue May 24, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William and Layla get to their position on the vehicle.
Williams Driving five Rolls
Driving D8 +2 Driving Ace passed all with a 4 or higher
OOC Comments
1. 1d8+2: [7]+2 = 9
2. 1d8+2!!: [8]+2 = 10 1d8: [2] = 2
3. 1d8+2!!: [6]+2 = 8
4. 1d8+2!!: [7]+2 = 9
5. 1d8+2!!: [2]+2 = 4
WD D6
OOC Comments
1. 1d6!!: [2] = 2
2. 1d6!!: [4] = 4
3. 1d6!!: [3] = 3
4. 1d6!!: [3] = 3
5. 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Layla Electronics Passed all but the last one with a 4 or higher
Electronics D8
OOC Comments
1. 1d8!!: [6] = 6
2. 1d8!!: [6] = 6
3. 1d8!!: [2] = 2
4. 1d8!!: [5] = 5
5. 1d8!!: [2] = 2
WD D6
OOC Comments
1. 1d6!!: [1] = 1
2. 1d6!!: [2] = 2
3. 1d6!!: [4] = 4
4. 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
5. 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Picking up 2, M-160 Ion Battle Rifle

Layla and William say their goodbyes to the NORAD and the Fenodi.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax, as always, is at home in the wild. Free range or hill, forest or plain, Ajax
Athletics: 1d10!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
WD Athletics: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny Athletics with Elan: 1d10!!: [6] = 6
WD Benny Athletics: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Burn: 1d6: [4] = 4
as Group Fortune begins blazing uncharted territory. The juice flows freely through his veins as the mystery of the west-land piques his interest. "Come! This way!"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »




1d8!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 1d6!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5



Niki looks out the window of the vehicle and grins at a sudden thought. IT Would be pretty awesome to catch a ride on the back of the centaur.

Inwardly chuckling she returned her gaze to the terrain around them.


Every so often she points out subtle points if interest related to areas to avoid or suggesting safe routes.

Seeing how much the world has changed is exhausting.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Great Barrier Wall
The mountain journey is arduous, fraught with high altitude, dead ends, and wrong turns. The group suffers more than one harrowing set back, including Tex taking a tumble from the ATV! Winded, wounded, and waxing in strength the group doesn't make it far as they hoped. Forced to stop for the night on an exposed hillside somewhere deep in the mountains. Fortunately their monstrous vehicle offers some safety for sleeping. However, the winds howling outside make for uneasy rest.

After an uneventful night, with watches seeing no activity the group prepares for a daylight journey. However, exiting the ATV in the morning the heroes notice a circle of small stones surround the vehicle. Seeming to have appeared there in the night. Those who can detect arcana feel the presence of many small magic creatures nearby, hiding beneath the massive ATV, taking shelter behind the massive tires.

Ajax notices a massive breakfast laid out on a stone table. Wonderful, natural looking foods, that would satiate even the hungriest hyperion.
Image
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Natural Healing Roll for 2 wounds

Vigor: 1d6!: [1] = 1
Wild Die: 1d6!: [5] = 5

Healing Roll:
Arcana: 1d12!-1: [5]-1 = 4 (+1 Ring, -2 Wounds)
Wild Die: 1d6!-1: [5]-1 = 4 (+1 Ring, -2 Wounds)
Cost: 3


Falling out of the ATV was definitely the low point of the last few days. Luckily nothing had found Tex in the 10 or so minutes he was knocked out. Unluckily, it was another 30 minutes before the rest of the team realized he wasn't with them and come back for him. By the time they'd found him, he was slowly falling the tracks of the Mammoth, rubbing his tail bone while limping forward

In that 30 minutes, Tex had found a pair of rocks close enough together to set his leg between so he could set the broken bones back into alignment. The scream was loud enough to scare the birds out of the trees. A few minutes later, he was coherent enough to chant the words to heal the broken bones enough to stand on. His tail bone hurt enough that he was sure that his whole backside was a bruise.

Once back in the Mammoth, Tex stayed securely in his seat for the next day or so as his bruises turned from black and blue to ugly yellow-green, but the pain had mostly stopped.
Last edited by Tex Arcana on Fri May 27, 2022 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

"Now what would be putting out a spread of food like this for you guys? I seem to remember not to eat food given you by Faeries... and this could very well be done by Faeries. If they are trouble, I am sure I can Gas them out into the open..."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


When Tim says he can gas ‘em out, in reference to faeries, Niki giggles then adopted a more serious face.

She’s sure by gas ‘em out the dragon meant something far worse than her silly image in her mind.

Fairies? The world was definitely strange now.

Niki waited to see what the others would do. Her rifle held at a low ready.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax
Notice: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
WD Notice: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
, mostly hoping to see who laid out such a feast for him.
What a kind gesture! he thinks to himself.
"Such foods as to satisfy even my appetite!" He glances at his comrades. "I meant 'our appetites' of course." He smiles, proud of his generosity, as he heads towards the not-at-all suspicious buffet, almost
impulsive
.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William does not like what he sees outside the vehicle.
Those who can detect arcana feel the presence of many small magic creatures nearby, hiding beneath the massive ATV, taking shelter behind the massive tires.
Notice Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
d8+2
1d8+2!!: [7]+2 = 9
WD
1d6!!: [10!!] = 10 Success and a Raise
Divination Spirt
1d10 1d10!!: [9] = 9 Success and a Raise
WD
1d6!!: [5] = 5
Do these beings mean us harm?, Is the food safe to eat with no harm to us?, Why did they block us in with these Stones?
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Icosa took in the odd tableau and frowned. So much of the paranatural world was still...very hard to understand, even outside the specific nature of the energy involved. What was the point of this? Was it an offering of friendship? Or an attempt to gain some kind of tactical advantage via poisoned food?

One thing it was; an opportunity to try the new tech!

She moved towards the food, lowering the SNARLS visor down over her face and switching it to analysis mode. As the system activated, she made sure to scan the food, the stones, and the vicinity of the vehicle to see if she could detect the presence of whatever did this.

"I'm not familiar with 'fairies,' she said to Tiny Tim absently as she worked, "but we shouldn't assume hostile intent without evidence."

Rolls: Electronics 6 to Detect Arcana
Using SNARLS' detect arcana function. Activated with Electronics.
1d8!! 1d6!!: [6]+[4] = 10
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Faerie Food
Indulging in the feast Ajax feels truly full, perhaps for the first time since his Hyperion conversion. The meals is delicious and satisfying causing his juicer jitters to settle to an even calm. The Centaur feels euphoric and almost giddy at the experience.

Using their magical abilities Icosa and William can sense a number of tiny beings hiding behind the might wheels of the mammoth. As soon as Ajax downs the food a small band of pixies emerges from their hiding places dancing and singing.

"He ate it, he ate it. He owes us, he owes us."

The dance and flit about merrily, one or two climb on to Ajax's back like riders.

"I always wanted a pony!"

While faeries are normally quite attractive this group of pixies has seen better days. Some are scared, others missing limbs or wings. It seems something has been preying upon this folk.

Finally one of them stands up tall on one of the rocks.

"You have accepted out hospitality inside our circle. You must do us one favour in exchange we will do one for you!"

The others cheer gleefully at this idea.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William isn't sure of these creatures but he has read about them. He is interested in them and so he speaks up, "What is it that you want us to do?" He shifts a bit and looks at the one on the rock, "Can we get some names, It will be easier for us to converse with each other, I'm William."

At this time Layla approaches William from the rear and grabs his hand. William looks at her and then back to the one on the rock and adds, "This is my fiancé, Layla."
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

Stepping out into the open, Tiny Tim gives the Faeries a stern
Intimidate (Maybe add a bonus due to being A DRAGON)
  • Intimidate: 1d4!!: [3] = 3
    Wild: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
    Result: 3 - Fail, unless I got a bonus due to being a DRAGON
.

"Now, if I wanted, I could gas and eat the lot of you... but if you don't do anything to me or my friends, I will let you go to torment someone else. I can see that you might be needing help... and if we help you, you would owe US!!!"
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


Niki eyes the tiny faeries and mutters something about things getting stranger and stranger.

Still holding her rifle, pointed down, she moves to stand by
Ajax.

With a smile she says to the centaur: “Way to go pony, now they own you.”

To the faeries she says: “What did you have in mind?

To herself she thinks about how her mission notes are going to read like a bad supernatural book from the twentieth century.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Lying down inside the Mammoth, Tex had been taking it easy. The rumbling of the motors and pain killers had been enough to lull him to sleep and not notice they'd stopped hours later.

The sound of high pitched voices outside mixes with his dream. A dream recalling a memory from his youth when a group of brownies had taken up residence in the barn, and how one morning all of their cattle had turned a bright pink.

He wakes up and half listens to the conversation outside, he then realizes that his dream may actually a bit of a nightmare. He jumps and rushes to the door, "Don't eat..." He sees the remainder of a tiny meal, and the food stained lips of @Ajax, his tone drops as he realizes he is too late, "...the food."

He sighs as he steps out. Well, we are committed now.

He listens to @Tiny Tim's retort and shakes his head. "We've partaken of their table. We are obligated to our hosts." He bows to the pixies. "Small folk, how may we repay your generosity?"
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax snickers, almost drunkenly. A little bit of a whinny sneaks through, too. He feigns indignation. "Pony? PONY?! I'll have you know that riding this 'pony' without invitation is a death sentence!" He tries to keep a straight face, then reaches down for the last un-chewed morsel of the feast they had clearly set out for the centaur. "This, though...what an invitation." He licks his lips, then begins prancing about in a most un-warrior-like manner, giving the pixies a bit of a joyride around the area before settling down. "For such a feast as I've not had in...I don't even recall the last such meal...name your price."
He shrugs as everyone seems to think this was an ill-advised repast. "What is there to fear? These would not condemn us to anything untoward." He raises an eyebrow and gives the faerie on the rock a side-glance. "Would they?"
He moves to @Tiny Tim, patting him on the shoulder. "It's alright, friend. These wouldn't even be a morsel for you."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

William stares at Ajax then states, "I would like to know what I have to do ahead of time, and any information that might help us." William Pauses then continues, "What are we taking about as rewards? Are we attacking good people or bad?"
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax scoffs at @William Rufus. "What sort of faeries would attack good people? Come now, my friend. These folk are mischievous at best, and only in good fun." He slaps William on the back in a jovial manner. "Besides! They've offered to do us a favor in return, and that's a fair trade, especially since we enjoyed such a fine meal!" He glances around, realizing that he was the only one who partook. "Well, you would have enjoyed it if they had made enough..."
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Mars »

Mars laughs. ”The Old World has its own rules, companions. The time for caution was before partaking. Now is the time to hear the cost.”
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It)
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

Mars wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:25 pm Mars laughs. ”The Old World has its own rules, companions. The time for caution was before partaking. Now is the time to hear the cost.”
Looking over at the faeries, Tiny Tim gives them a toothy smile.

"I am SURE our newly met good friends here won't try anything too demanding. They KNOW that even though Ajax may owe them, they don't want to try to make too much out of that, I am sure. You Faeries KNOW that we would be much better as friends than as enemies..."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Icosa continues scanning the strange, tiny creatures through the visor. For the moment she keeps her questions to herself, since there seems to be some kind of negotiation taking place, albeit a confusing and chaotic one. Tex, Ajax and Mars seemed to have knowledge about this kind of situation. She made a note to consult them later for details.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the SNARLS tech showed each 'fairy' as little more than a bright blot of paranormal energy. For something that small to be a functioning, sentient humanoid being would require rampant 'bending' of physical law. There were some unique features to them though, variations in the readouts that she didn't have the experience with the device to fully parse out. Hopefully they'd have a chance to view more such creatures, for comparison's sake.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

The Way Through

The faeries dance around, although a few have noticeable limps it doesn't seem to diminish their enthusiasm. The flit about talking quickly like frat boys drunk on helium beer.
Tiny Tim wrote:"Now, if I wanted, I could gas and eat the lot of you... but if you don't do anything to me or my friends, I will let you go to torment someone else. I can see that you might be needing help... and if we help you, you would owe US!!!"
Despites his most menacing look the faeries pause for a moment the burst into peels of laughter.

"oh the dragon has gas. ha!" A few of them make large raspberries and farting noises as the prance about giggling. "Dragon gas, smells worse than dragon breath!"

Ajax holds back Tiny's ire.
Ajax wrote:"It's alright, friend. These wouldn't even be a morsel for you."
To change the subject Williams introducts Layla,
William Rufus wrote:"This is my fiancé, Layla."
All the faeries seem overly excited and clap their hands, singing merrily.

"oh we love weddings. Would you like a present?"

When Tex, William, and Niki finally wrestle attention to the task at hand one of them stands and clears his throat, a cane suddenly appears in his hand and he walks like he has a wounded leg.

"The valley is ours, but the dark ones threw us out."

"And eat us!" Another one pipes up.

The leaders gives a scowl at the interruption, "Yes, and eat us. We need to stop them"

A cheer goes up amongst the group.

It takes some wrangling, and not a small amount of patience, to determine the issue. However, it appears the faeries occupy a nearby valley. The only way through the wall according to them. So large, black, ugly faeries have moved in and thrown them out. The "uglies" are nasty and stop anyone from going through so they can feed on their bones. Get their home back and the faeries will grant safe passage to you and yours forever.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

"It seems to me that these 'ugly faeries' could pose a threat to anyone following our path," Icosa reasons. "Getting rid of them could benefit us as well."

She looks at the pixies then and adds, "We'd ask that the safe passage you offer us be extended to others from Lazlo as well, of course. You'll find them good and courteous folk."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

To change the subject Williams introduces Layla,
William Rufus wrote:
"This is my fiancé, Layla."
All the faeries seem overly excited and clap their hands, singing merrily.

"Oh we love weddings. Would you like a present?"
Layla moves in front of William and responds quickly before William nixes the idea, "You are so Sweet , of course we would like a present." She says with a smile, "And William can heal some of you poor little ones . but he should just take it easy if we are going to fight theses evil things"

William looks shocked but realizes it is the right thing to do the Healing he just does not wanted to tied to a present.
William responds, "Yes I would be happy to try to help heal you, as Layla mentioned. But there is a time limit?"

William looks puzzled when they mention giants in black and ask, " I wonder if they mean the CS? could they be securing the only way through?"
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Greater Boost Trait: Survival
Cost: 4
Spellcasting 1d12!: [6] = 6
Wild Die: 1d6!: [3] = 3

Survival 1d6!: [4] = 4 | Identify the 'black' faeries, capabilities, weaknesses, etc.
Wild Die 1d6!: [6!, 6!, 5] = 17

"Black faeries?" Tex asks. He crouches down in front of the leader to put himself more or less at eye level. "Black faeries sound familiar. Tell us more about these folk that have invaded your valley. How many do you think there are? What exactly did they do to drive you out?"
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax's countenance falls at the mention of
Common Knowledge - black faeries: 1d4!!+2: [5!!]+2 = 7
WD CK: 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
who are harming such wonderful folk. "I'll have none of this hostility towards my new friends." The euphoria of the meal begins to fade, and the anger burns against any such aggressors. "Point me at them! I'll stomp them into dust!"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Mars »

"Ah," says Mars, "it is the oldest bargain, then. You would have us kill for you. Once we kill your foes, how will you assure us safe passage? It seems you are unable to defend your own territory. Perhaps there are further aspects to this deal that can be negotiated. In exchange for clearing the path, you and your folk can take an active hand in guiding us and our companions through. We could make this a more permanent relationship with our polis and yours."
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It)
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

"Well, if these 'large, black, ugly faeries' are a problem, I guess we can deal with them for you... but just so that Ajax is no longer in debt to you. How big are they... if they think you guys are worth eating, they should be of a good size for me to eat them right back!!!"
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Mars »

Tiny Tim wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 pm "Well, if these 'large, black, ugly faeries' are a problem, I guess we can deal with them for you... but just so that Ajax is no longer in debt to you. How big are they... if they think you guys are worth eating, they should be of a good size for me to eat them right back!!!"
”Timothy makes a strong point. What is the size of these beings?”
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It)
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


Niki nods an affirmation.

“Uh. Yes. I’m down for anything. I guess.”

Not really sure what to think she is willing to do what the group wants to do.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Forest Valley
The faeries dance with joy as the group agrees to their plot..err...terms.

While a bit disjointed the eventually provide some important information. Their valley is not far away. This small group are refugees, and it sounds as if many others are being held by the dark ones. Illusions and descriptions from the faeries paint a picture of beings that have a larval appearance with stubby wings, two mouths lined with sharp teeth, and spikes protruding from their entire bodies.
Occult
A successful Occult roll at -2 reveals these are Black Faeries. It is suspected that millions of these creatures emerged from the St. Louis rift during the post-cataclysmic Dark Ages; since then they have been ruthlessly hunted and exterminated by Psi-Stalker tribes. During the war on Tolkeen summoners unleashed swarms of Black Faeries on Coalition troops to terrorize their ranks.
Quick Encounter: Navigate the Forest Valley
Reaching the entrance to the valley is jarring, it looks pleasant and peaceful yet refuse and destruction cut through large swaths of the natural beauty giving the land a scarred appearance. Following the path of consumption and destruction should not be too difficult. However, progressing through the woodlands in the valley quickly reveals not all is as it seems. The forest shifts, regrows, and closes in sending the group circling as if in a hedge maze. Navigating will be trickier than expected.

Choose a non-combat skill and describe how you help the group push through the forest toward the Black Faeries. The roll is at -2. This is not a Dangerous Encounter but getting less than once success per player will effect the outcomes later. Raises by one person cannot offset failures by another. Each person need their own success.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Identify the Black Faeries
Occult: 1d12!-2: [12!, 1]-2 = 11
Wild Die: 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Quick Encounter
Occult: 1d12!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Die: 1d6!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Spending a Benny
Occult: 1d12!-2: [6]-2 = 4
Wild Die: 1d6!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Once they enter the valley, Tex quickly identifies the interlopers as Black Faeries. "Let's find a clearing where we can bring the faeries together." He roots through the APC until finds the food stuffs and picks up a large bag of salt and a mug. He then looks for a large bag of brown sugar.

The Ley Line Walker takes the bag of salt and the mug outside and uses the salt to draw a large circle. He then sits down and using the knowledge he gained from the
Tex gained a minor phobia of earth elementals, and also picked up the Elementalist edge
with the Earth Elementals (shudder) at their place of power, he summons the black faeries into his circle. He does this a few times until he's got close to a score of them. "Hello there," he says genially to the captured creatures. "This valley does not belong to you, and I wanted to discuss your leaving to find another place where you may pursue your mischief unhindered by the tall folk who are coming." He reaches behind him and pulls out the bag of sugar. "Now, we are but the first headed this way, sooner there will be many of us. They will all know that a little salt can go a long way. But if you are willing to leave, I will show my appreciation by letting you have this bag of brown sugar. What say you?"
Last edited by Tex Arcana on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Mars
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Mars »

Mars looks hungrily at the black fairies Tex summons; she hasn't fed yet today. I wonder what their essence tastes like, she wonders.

She heads out to hunt some of her own,
Rolled on discord. Spent a Benny to get a 5 on survival, and her racial +2 bonus to tracking offsets the -2 from the scene
in search of her next meal.

Psi Slayer
Mars is a PPE vamp. Hasn't come up in a bit, but that critter looks like lunch to her. She's also Bloodthirsty, and so of course chooses to immediately start hunting.
Mars or Lace, Depending on Which Personality is in Control
Parry: 7, 8 w/Wilks Backup Pistol (Notes: -2 to incoming attacks for Uncanny Reflexes [effective Parry of 9, or 10 w/Wilks Backup Pistol])
Toughness: 15 (5) w/o tactical plates |18 (7) w/tactical plates | 20 (7) when Losing It (Notes: add +2 Armor vs magical powers and effects AND reduce damage from magical powers and effects by 2)
Edges/Notes: Arcane Resistance (applies to magic only); Quick; Vulnerable after Wild Attacks (Losing It)
Mars Character Sheet
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

Choose a non-combat skill and describe how you help the group push through the forest toward the Black Faeries. The roll is at -2 Occult roll at -2 r
William
1d4 1d4!!: [1] = 1 Fail
WD
1d6 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Detect/Conceal Arcana 7 Success

Faith d10 (SP2) for William and any one who needs this help
1d10+2 1d10+2!!: [7]+2 = 9 -2=7
WD
1d6 1d6!!: [2] = 2

William decides to use Detect Arcane to help reveal the Black Fairies or any illusions. Makes sure Layla gets it. He speaks to the others, "I can try to cast something that might help you see these creatures or any illusions. "

Layla
Layla uses her radar scope for help, as it is not confused by illusions 5 success
Electronics d8
1d8!!: [5] = 5
WD
1d6!!: [2] = 2

Uses a Benny to roll again
Electronics d8
1d8!!: [6] = 6
WD
1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 -2=5
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Niki
Daniel (Lars)
Daniel (Lars)
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Adventures Inc

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Niki »


Skipping occult roll as I figure she just hasn’t had any encounters with Black Faeries.
For the scene Rolled a 5
1d4!!+4: [3]+4 = 7 1d6!!: [4] = 4 , forgot at -2 so best result is a 5 on Electronics.


“Good idea Layla. I’m going to steal it”

Niki pulls her NEMA hardened portable computer out and inserts a cable into it as it powers up. The other end of the cable is linked to her skull behind her right ear.

Interfacing with the computer she then runs a second cable from it to her NEMA AMT “Skorpion” Auto Mag pistol loaded with ramjet rounds. The attached scope on the handgun links up and overlays a image over her right eye.

“There go. Hopefully that prevents any tricky magicy mumbo jumbo.”
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax hoofs out ahead of the rest of the crew,
Survival: 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5
WD Survival: 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
to find the true path to their destination. Despite the twisted nature of the land here, he begins to see through the chaos. With a little horse-sense, he manages to help keep them all together and progressing towards the suspected home of the black faeries. "Don't be fooled by that 'clearing.' It's a false opening." With a little help from his vibrosword, he manages to cut through new growth to open the trail they have been following.
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Icosa »

Icosa has no way of understanding or predicting what a 'black fairy' is, but she spares no test that her onboard sensor package can muster to find out! Each strange little being is sized up throughout the measurable spectrum, any magnetic fields noted, any acoustics or chemical traces logged. Then, on top of that, she activates the newest item in her panoply; the SNARLS visor that she got from NEMA. The equipment adds another layer of information, letting her track even more esoteric energies that flow around these beings.

In particular though, she tries to maintain a certain situational awareness. Once Icosa feels she can recognize these creatures, she looks around to see if she can spot any more lurking in the environment, perhaps plotting an ambush.

Rolls: Notice 15
No Occult roll here; Icosa is a noob to such things. Using Notice, the +2 from SNARLS counters the -2 penalty. Advanced sensors give +4.

1d6!! 1d6!!: [11!!]+[4] = 15
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

Mars wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:22 pm Mars looks hungrily at the black fairies Tex summons; she hasn't fed yet today. I wonder what their essence tastes like, she wonders.

She heads out to hunt some of her own,
Rolled on discord. Spent a Benny to get a 5 on survival, and her racial +2 bonus to tracking offsets the -2 from the scene
in search of her next meal.
"I am going to help you
Stealth (-2 due Difficulty, +2 due Chameleon Scales)
  • Stealth: 1d8!!: [5] = 5
    Wild: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
    Result: 5 - Success.
more of those Black Fairies. I wonder how they will taste..."
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Gnarlywood
The moving forest presents a challenge, however, the intrepid adventurers manage to steer their way toward the heart of the valley. Eventually the forests become too thick for the Mammoth and they must continue on foot toward a thrumming place of power, similar to a ley line but more primal. Layla holds the vehicle in reserve in case a quick exit is needed.
Image
As night falls a full moon casts everything in midnight blue shadows. Pressing through the darkness the group stumbles into a clearing. Massive dead, gnarly tree sits in the middle. A number of faeries sit inside a glowing blue field, while dark faeries flitter about the area mocking and taunting. When the group enters their domain they swarm to attack!
Image
A group swoops in from the left, incanting magic toward the heroes! A cloud of dark energy swirls around Ajax and Tiny causing their skin to crawl and nerve endings to tingle (each make a Vigor roll at -4 or be Stunned as your experience burning agony).
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
Tiny Tim
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tiny Tim »

Vigor (-4 due Difficulty)
  • Vigor: 1d10!!-4!!: [4]-4 = 0
    Wild: 1d6!!-4!!: [13!!]-4 = 9
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise. No Effect from Magic


WIP
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 13/30
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 0/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
User avatar
Ajax
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Ajax »

Ajax pauses only momentarily as the faerie spell washes over him. The enchantment
Vigor with penalty: 1d8!!-4: [6]-4 = 2
WD Vigor: 1d6!!-4: [10!!]-4 = 6
and the feeling fades almost immediately. It is enough to spur him to action though. "Come down to fight, you cowards!" he calls out to the floating faerie fiends. Seeing none willing to take up his challenge at melee combat, he decides to personally deliver a different invitation.
Only a half a heartbeat passes before he has brought his railgun to bear. A
1st Shooting 1: 1d10!!: [5] = 5
1st Shooting 2: 1d10!!: [9] = 9
1st Shooting 3: 1d10!!: [11!!] = 11
1st Shooting WD: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
2nd Shooting 1: 1d10!!: [5] = 5
2nd Shooting 2: 1d10!!: [5] = 5
2nd Shooting 3: 1d10!!: [4] = 4
2nd Shooting WD: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
flies towards a scattering of the faeries, impacting half a dozen. The wounds are vicious and

1 Damage 1: 2d10!!+2: [8, 19!!]+2 = 29
1 Damage 2: 2d10!!+1d6!!+2: [9, 2]+[5]+2 = 18
1 Damage 3: 2d10!!+1d6!!+2: [7, 13!!]+[1]+2 = 23
2 Damage 1: 2d10!!+2: [1, 9]+2 = 12
2 Damage 2: 2d10!!+2: [6, 9]+2 = 17
2 Damage 3: 2d10!!+2: [4, 8]+2 = 14
dead, with very little left of their bodies. "So be it! If you'll not come to me, I'll bring you down from down here!"
Ajax, centaur juicer
Ajax
Current Status Post
Parry: 7 (-2 to be hit by any attack he's aware of, +2 to Evasion)
Toughness: 20 (7)
Pertinent Edges: Quick (Hyperion, redraw 8 and below)
Notes: Internal Repair System charges: 3/3
Weapon(s) in hand: JA-9
User avatar
William Rufus
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by William Rufus »

King of Hearts
WIP

William activates his Armor's Wings so that he can Fly.

Faith d10
1d10+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild Dice
1d6!!: [2] = 2
With Sword In Hand William Is ready to attack and help defend his team.
Last edited by William Rufus on Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
User avatar
Tex Arcana
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Re: Chapter 10 Onward and Westward

Post by Tex Arcana »

Tex takes a quick count of the Black Faeries as they come across this place of primal power. If we can resist their magic, we can deal with them quickly. Tex chants the words to a warding spell to protect the team from the magic of the faeries; however he stumbles as he speaks and loses focus.

Exalted Arcane Protection
Cost: 1 + 2 (Exalted) +5 (Additional Recipients) = 8 PPE
Range: 12"
Duration: 10
Spellcasting: 1d12+1!: [2]+1 = 3
Wild Die: 1d6!+1: [2]+1 = 3


PPE: 50/50
Xanthine Gem: 10/10
Bennies: 2/3
Post Reply

Return to “Into the Unknown”