Mission 4: The Old Ways

Adventures of the Legion's 1st Special Exploratory Team.
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Decompression
A few weeks at Castle Refuge proves the best place for the 1st SET is in the field. It’s just safer for everyone, including themselves! Between causing a ruckus at the pub, interpersonal drama, and cleaning out the Northern Gun store their downtime is like a hurricane hitting the small town. Before too long the trade caravan rolls into town and Walcott gets a message to the group to meet up at Spider’s Pub.

Their contact, Maria Walcott, is a rough and tumble cybernetic techno warrior with a head for numbers and a kind of gregarious charm. Despite her gruffness she has a kind of forthrightness and straight shooting mentality that most people take to right away. She also doesn’t up with a lot of shit and tells it like it is.

Image

“So this is the famous first,” she begins with a look that somehow says she’s impressed but not too impressed. “Glad to have you along for the escort.”

After reviewing the travel route again she breaks down the convo, what they have to trade, and what they hope to gain

“Our convoy consists of three heavy duty all terrain cargo trucks and one giant sized super cargo hauler, imported from the NGR. We are carrying medical supplies, weapons, and other durable trade goods. All in all we’ve got 25 personnel including a medic. The cargo hauler has some space converted to sleeping and eating, but mostly we hole up where we can.”
OOC Comments
Cargo Trucks (3): Size 6, Acc/TS 15/35, Toughness 23 (5), Crew 2, Remaining Mods 17
Weapons: Light Laser (2d10, AP 5, ROF 1, 150/300/600)

Super Cargo Hauler (1)
Image
Size 8, Acc/TS 3/5, 28 (6), Crew 18
Notes: Amphibious, Sensor Suite, Tracked
Weapons: Medium Laser (150/300/600, 3d10, ROF 1 AP, 10)
Actually, this is totally Kansas
After working out the logistics of travel and escort, the group heads off for their first destination, Fort Comanche in the pre-Rifts state of Kansas. The first part of the trip is dicey as they head into the borderlands between the CS states of Arkansas and Missouri. Fortunately, luck is on their side and they manage to avoid any CS harassment. Crossing into the old state of Oklahoma greets the team with nothing but wilderness and flatlands. They manage to make good time, crossing the area in only a few days of travel before coming into Comanche territory. Patrols of horseback riders as well as modern day power armor units help keep the borders safe and the convoy is greeted warily. When they arrive at Fort Comanche they can see it is a fortified city with an eclectic mix of traditional and ultra modern buildings. A huge construction site dominates the outside of town. The foundation is being dug for a very large structure.

At the gates the convoy is met with suspicion and halted by the city militia and grilled hard about their presence. It takes Walcott a long time to gain access to the city. Anyone familiar with the city from the briefing (Common Knowledge) knows this is uncharacteristic. The group manages to settle in at a local hotel where Walcott gives the SET a small assignment.

“Something’s a little off here. I’m going to try and broker some trades with the local elders. Why don’t you guys hit the streets and see if you can figure out what’s got them all spooked by outsiders.”
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 pm

OOC Comments
Merlaggon will use his Dressed to Kill (Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.") Adventure card on Sinder.
"Sinder, maybe dressing as a local might help you meet some friends."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Fell looks at Merlaggon and raises an eyebrow, "That's funny. My mother once told me: Get dressed if you're going out side to make friends. She was right, worked better wearing clothes. You dressing up our Burster like a doll Merl?"

Looking at Sinder the Juicer nods, "Okay, yeah, you look more...friendly than most of us."

Smiling at the group Fell continues: "In this venture, I only ask that we stay some what close to each other. As back up. For tonight at least. Until we get a feel for this place. What did you have in mind Sinder, Merl? I admit, I'm not a spy, a detective or very streetwise. Somewhere in mind, or just head out and explore?"

Leaning back against the side of the humongous Super Cargo Hauler rear hatch Fell listens to see what the group has in mind for investigating.

Looking over at Lail and remembering what she said in passing about not being back on earth for very long or something the Juicer grunts.

"Lail, I am not particularly good at socializing or hanging out. Will you stick with me while we head out on the town? That way I can keep an eye on you...and you can keep an eye one me. Thanks."
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Lail rushes Fell and gives him a hug. This is going to be great!. Lail smiles up at Fell, her young face is bright eyed and bushy tailed.
SD_Aurora in command: Commence operation sunshine, we will implant this chemically induced man!
Lail brushes her hair back her M.O.M implants glisten in the sunshine. Happily she goes about gathering her gear. " Anything in particular I should bring while we check out that pit being excavated on the outskirts of town. Oh and this hotel is great, what a bed! The name might be a little weird but the sheets are so comfy." She looks over at Sinder and clicks her Toungue.
" Looking sharp Sinder, real hot.
Rifle, check. Pistol check.
Lail laughs giddy from the task at hand." This is going to be so much fun." She reaches for theFURY Blade. As soon as her hands wrap around it's hilt her eyes glaze over red like the devils' soul. Her hand trembles as she lifts it high.
Lail mutters her voice warped and baritone, " Chernabog's Triumph". She holsters it on her back and her eyes take on their innocent baby blue. She finishes gathering her gear and wordlessly makes her way to a nearby sign post and squats on it, carefully balancing, peering out towards the construction site on the town's outskirts.

Will Post a Notice, Stealth, and tracking roll
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 am

Cory in intrigued by the giant construction site. Noticing however, the hassle Walcott gets her a little, not worried, but more aware of their surroundings. She says to Fell, "I'm like going to see if they like have a news service or something. Like just kind of look around. Merl, wanna like go with?" Cory does like the idea of having the young dragon along fore backup.

She will head into town and generally act pretty much like a tourist or someone there for a business trip who's not doing business this particular moment. Her goal is to try and find anything that might explain the unusual security. She hopes there is a newspaper or similar document, though she also listens for any radio broadcasts or other programming (by peaking into bars and restaurants where they might have tvs). If there's a public computer - like a library or coffee shop - she'll poke around. Just for news, she's not trying to crack security or anything. She tries really hard to be pleasant to people, putting on a fake smile and cheerful look. It probably looks frightening.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 9: 7 Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)

Investigate 1d6 = 1: 1; Wild 1d6 = 1: 1CRITICAL FAILURE
Computers 1d8 = 7: 7; Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:04 am

Lail turns a sharp eye to Cory. Its good she has Merlaggon. I wonder what was going on with Fell and her?

SD_Aurora in command:Impantation team get ready to move in the sullen one.
SD_Jasmine, Implantation team leader: Are you ready maggots, we got a job to do, are we going to let a little divine intervention stop us?


Lail bounds down and unexpectedly weaves into Cory's chest giving her a hug. She softly whispers to Cory, " Take care of each other". Lail disengages and moves back to her solitary sign post perch. Her eyes looking intently at Cory watching and waiting for something to happen.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 am

On the trip out, Qoat reviews the three weapon systems with Fell and Timothy he added to the Mountaineer. "I've installed a light ion cannon, a light rail gun, and a mini-missile launcher on the Q-mobile. My thought is that if needed, I'd use the ion cannon since it has a small range of effect and unlimited ammo - less negative impact if I miss while driving. Fell as the co-pilot, the mini-missiles would be yours to use to target enemy missile volleys and fliers, and Timothy, the rail gun in the rear cupola would be yours to take out any hard targets."

Once at Fort Commanche and the team receives their mission to investigate, Qoat says, "I'll take a spin around the outskirts and check out the new construction." He takes a leisurely drive with anyone who decides to join them, then moves down into the construction zone. He oggles the construction site, trying to look appreciative of the work. He asks around, "This looks like a big project, what's it going to be?" In any event, he talks to the crew, letting his T-13 Field Mechanic armor speak for itself as confirmation that he knows a thing or two about construction, design, and repair. What are they trying to do out here?
OOC Comments
Notice: +1 from Q-mobile sensors
Wild Die: +1 from Q-mobile sensors
Total: 3 +1 from Q-mobile sensors

Rolls to validate what Qoat is told vs what is actually being built:

Knowledge: Engineering: Nope, no idea! Pretty sure they are building an amusement park with dinosaurs.
Wild Die:
Total: 1

Persuasian: Ooo, the cold shoulder
Wild Die:
Total: 2

Streetwise: Everything's been properly permitted as far as I can tell.
Wild Die:
Total: 2


Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 20/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am

Merlaggon will be going with Cory... in his human form. He will be leaving his saddle, cargo net, and Missile Launcher at the Q-Mobile. He will be looking for anyone that looks like they are looking to mess with the two of them, as well as anything out of the ordinary.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace: 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3
Result: 8

JoaT: 1d4 = 4: 4
Ace: 1d4+4 = 5: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Result: 5

Looks like Merlaggon will be the information source this time. Gotta love those aces.
"So what are we looking for here, Cory. Some of these people are giving us dirty looks."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 pm

[Rolls carried over]

Cory is too shocked by Lail's hug to react. When she see that the other young lady is staring expectantly at her, she says, "Fine, like come with us or whatever."

To Merl's question, she replies, "Yeah, like it's totally weird. That's like kind of what we're like trying to figure out, you know?"

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:04 pm

"Cory, should I bother bringing my Missile Launcher, or just leave it with the Q-Mobile?"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Decompression

Sinder parks his new hover cycle outside the Spider’s Pub. He walks in just glad to get the team moving and away from here. But he has a certain amount of dread and relief that has been building up He sees the contact Maria Walcott, nods in acknowledgement, he waits for Fell to speak for the group and hopes Introductions will be made.
“So this is the famous first,” she begins with a look that somehow says she’s impressed but not too impressed. “Glad to have you along for the escort.”
Sinder thinks, “Ok not bad , but I hate this idea of Famous!. I wonder if she is referring to what has been going on for the last few weeks or our actual in field accomplishments.”

He listens to the briefing and notes, “Total of four large targets to protect, 25 personnel to watch out for. The super Hauler seems to be the sleeper and Prize target to take out. Hauling medical supplies, weapons, and other durable trade goods. Oh good, there is a medic.”

Actually, this is totally Kansas

Sinder is happy about getting out and checking out his ride. But he keeps his head up he knows this area and there are too many factors to just go and play around. Sinder keeps think about Fort Comanche. He wonders, ”Little Bird Sunrise will this be a quick stop an can I get away to see her.."

Patrols of horseback riders as well as modern day power armor units help keep the borders safe and the convoy is greeted warily. When they arrive at Fort Comanche they can see it is a fortified city with an eclectic mix of traditional and ultra-modern buildings. A huge construction site dominates the outside of town. The foundation is being dug for a very large structure.

Sinder looks at the hole that is being excavated, surprised at the scale of this endeavor he wonders, “What is this about, this is totally not like them.”

At the gates the convoy is met with suspicion and halted by the city militia and grilled hard about their presence. It takes Walcott a long time to gain access to the city. Anyone familiar with the city from the briefing knows this is uncharacteristic. The group manages to settle in at a local hotel where Walcott gives the SET a small assignment.
(Common Knowledge)
1d4 = 4: 4
Aced 1d4 = 4: 4
1d4 = 4: 4
1d4 = 3: 3
“Something’s a little off here. I’m going to try and broker some trades with the local elders. Why don’t you guys hit the streets and see if you can figure out what’s got them all spooked by outsiders.”
Sinder looks down at his feet, “I might know someone.”
When Merl states, "Sinder, maybe dressing as a local might help you meet some friends."
Looking at Sinder the Juicer nods, "Okay, yeah, you look more...friendly than most of us."

Smiling at the group Fell continues: "In this venture, I only ask that we stay some what close to each other. As back up. For tonight at least. Until we get a feel for this place. What did you have in mind Sinder, Merl? I admit, I'm not a spy, a detective or very streetwise. Somewhere in mind, or just head out and explore?"
Sinder looks up, “I know several here but there is a gir.., young lady I might be able to meet , and I did bring some clothes.“

Sinder goes up to his room and a few mins later comes down dressed Like a Comanche brave, a buckskin shirt with fringe, loin cloth and leggings and knee-high moccasins the belt goes across his waist and Sir Sayeen mace is hanging on one side and the NG laser pistol on the other tucked into his shirt around his neck is the translator. The clothes seem very well made, seem rugged, but ceremonial. He looks at the others, “I take it this is what you were thinking. Well I guess I need to go see the Missus, or soon to be? maybe Xess? well all my Xess don't live in Texas.”

Sinder walks out and starts heading toward Little Bird Sunrise tribes area and or place.
Along the way he ask for directions.
I Know A Guy
1d4+4 = 8: 4
Aced 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild die 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Timothy walks out of the side room with Fell, and walks up to Q. "Okay, Q. So whats up with the Q Mobile?"
"I've installed a light ion cannon, a light rail gun, and a mini-missile launcher on the Q-mobile. My thought is that if needed, I'd use the ion cannon since it has a small range of effect and unlimited ammo - less negative impact if I miss while driving. Fell as the co-pilot, the mini-missiles would be yours to use to target enemy missile volleys and fliers, and Timothy, the rail gun in the rear cupola would be yours to take out any hard targets."
As Q explains the upgrades, Timothy has a grin on his face and bobs his head in approval. "I like it. Victory through superior fire power. Good job, i'm sure this will be useful in the future." Timothy will pat Q on the back and walks towards Merl to supervise the loading of supplies. "Merl, could you give us a hand with the heavy stuff?" Timothy walks to some heavy crates to load them up.

Timothy is glad to be out of the Castle once again. It's good to be back in the field. It will be a while until I get another report to HQ. En-route to the first destination, Timothy will take time to practice his flying .
OOC Comments
Piloting: 1d10 = 7: 7 Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
While he is not flying, Timothy will spend time in the rear turret keeping an eye out.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 3: 1 Wild: 1d6+2 = 7: 5 Ace: 1d6 = 3: 3 Total: 8
Once the team reaches Fort Comanche, Timothy is concerned with the delay in getting in. If we get into a fire fight, we will loose. Once the convoy enters the city, Timothy is relieved. Once the convoy stops and the team gather for the town briefing. Listening to everyone else plans, There is only one other option, that might give us some straight answer. "I'll head to the local authorities. They should have some answers for us. Gale, you wish to come?"

Timothy will locate the local police force, and walk up to the desk officer or the nearest officer. "My name is Timothy Hernandez. I'm a member of the 1SET from the Tomorrow legion. We are passing through on a trade mission and support mission. The front gate seemed to be a little testy today. Anything we can do to help?"
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Qoat wrote: Once at Fort Commanche and the team receives their mission to investigate, Qoat says, "I'll take a spin around the outskirts and check out the new construction." He takes a leisurely drive with anyone who decides to join them, then moves down into the construction zone. He oggles the construction site, trying to look appreciative of the work. He asks around, "This looks like a big project, what's it going to be?" In any event, he talks to the crew, letting his T-13 Field Mechanic armor speak for itself as confirmation that he knows a thing or two about construction, design, and repair. What are they trying to do out here?
Ahh a ride smart!. Lail leaps from her perch onto the top of the Qmobile. She happily tells the team, " If you are going my way!" She scrambles to the driver side window and knocks on the glass waving to Qoat. She yells gesturing to the blade on her back, " Thanks a ton Qoat! What should we be looking for?" After getting a bit of info from Q, Lail tries to scramble arround and find Fell. Where is that guy, were we supposed to walk? She laughs having fun hanging out on top of the moving vehicle. Joyful she hits her comms again, Fell, this is Lail Xo Timothy said we need to acheive victory through superior fire power. I am heading in!" She laughs just before ending the breif transmission. As Qoat gets closer, Lail presses her self against the top of the vechxle hopefully obscuring her presence. When the moment comes she tumbles off the back of the vechicle hiding behind some trees or folliage, then she makes her way around the dig site looking for any out of place tracks or other ongoings. She makes a point to stay hidden from prying eyes best she can.
SD_Aurora, in command:We must survey this site, it could be the perfect place!
OOC Comments
Looking for interesting or out of place tracksmat the dig site. Total: 9
Tracking 1d8+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1

Looking for anything hidden at the dig site. Total: 4
Notice 1d8+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1

Staying out of sight at the dig site. Total: 5
Stealth 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Possible modifiers for using cover...

Using her quick pace she tries to make short work of her time in the field, and climbs a tree and swings from lofty branch back onto the Q-mobile as it returns to town. She seems very quiet content to lay sprawled on the roof looking up at the sky.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Fell hitches a ride on the Q-Mobile too. Standing on top of the APC he basically trails Lail and keeps an eye out for information and on her.

Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 3: 3

Stealth 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

Fell isn't exactly stealthy as be jogs about following Lail. But he does get a pretty good view of the construction site. After the trip he will tag a ride back with Qoat.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Rekindling Old Flames (Sinder)
After dressing the part, Sinder reaches out to someone he knew in town once. Pretty well actually, turns out they were going to get married! Her name then was Little Bird Sunrise, although people often called her Thunderbird behind her back due to her fiery temper. With confidence, and a little trepidation, Sinder sets out to meet her.

She lives in the traditional area of town, as Sinder moves through town it becomes apparent the place is a mix of modern technology (some very much advanced) and traditional Native American living. Reaching her home, Sinder is greeted like an old friend. Apparently she was really ok with it when he said “let’s just be friends” so many years ago.

Inviting him in the two catch up on old days and the conversation eventually lands on the business at hand. She looks forlorn for a moment before answering.

“Fort Comanche straddles two worlds. We know the ways of technology helped bring about the fall of man and the dark ages. Thus, it is a two edged sword. Our chieftain, Quanah is very worldly, he ventured far in his youth and knows the value of trade and machines. He has brokered a deal to build a new Northern Gun facility here. They are building a very large site in areas that some feel remain sacred.

Many, including my husband Mukwooru, a spirit talker, feel our city is becoming too much like the men of the Golden Age and we will invite wrath upon our city.” She sighs deeply as she shows Sinder some local news reports of murders at the Northern Gun construction site. The bodies had been hacked to pieces and traditional Native American symbols written at the scene in blood.

“Tensions are high in the city. So far, these murders have only lead to blame. Our lawmen have not found any leads.”

Sunrise nearly jumps out of her seat as a crow caws from the window sill.

Image

“A bad omen.”

Law & Disorder (Timothy, Gale)
The law enforcement office is a fairly modern building made to look like an old west structure and is conveniently located near the saloon and entertainment district. It has a porch with an overhang and a very sturdy looking addition on the back no doubt serves as a holding area for criminals and drunks. A black bird sits on the railing of the porch, waiting the two legionnaires approach. Inside there is a front desk a few offices and door marked “Armory”.

Approaching the front desk Tim is greeted with a raised eyebrow by the deputy on duty. Full conversion cyborgs must be rare in these parts. The guy actually seems like he’s seen Gale’s people before as the four-armed flying birdman doesn’t raise as much interest. Between Tim’s offer of help and Gale’s winning personality the Deputy gives a little sitrep.

“Given the look of you boys, I figure a little warning is in order. The town is on edge. The trads are complaining about technology bringing another apocalypse and some wacko has been murder folks up at the NG construction site. We’ve been warning high tech travellers,” he stops to give Tim a long up and down look, “to be vigilant, be about their business, and stay off the streets.”

In the News (Cory, Merlaggon)
Not far from the Law Enforcement Office Cory and Merl find the local news outlet, the Comanche Chronicle. The Chronicle seems to be a combination of newspaper and blog. Cory easily finds terminals inside the lobby showing current headlines, weather, and opinion pieces. Without much trouble she finds the biggest news of the day, murder at the NG construction site. Researching through older articles she learns that the local Chief negotiated a big deal with Northern Gun to set-up shop in the area. It was hailed as big move to turn Fort Comanche into a regional trading hub. However, there were opposed voices. One of the loudest voices was a guy named Mukwooru, a young local shaman with a bit of a firebrand bent. After doing any other research the pair head back out onto the street.

Outside a crowd has formed, a young man dressed in traditional garb (who Cory recognizes from the news articles as Mukwooru) is giving a soap box speech to a very roused audience. A gaggle of crows sits on a nearby rooftop watching the proceedings like macabre spectators. When Cory and Merlaggon appear, more than one person gives them the stink eye.

Image

“Friends, what has befallen our people is our own fault. We dig in the places of our ancestors and upset our grandfathers and grandmothers. More and more tragedy will befall us unless we return to the old ways.” From his elevated position the shaman sees Merlaggon’s human form towering above others nearby then spots Cory. He seems to key up on her, no doubt sensing her mystic abilities. He calls out to her, “You my young friend. You know the ways of the spirits and see the world outside our walls. No doubt trusting in the spirits is better than trusting in the machines of men?”

Under Construction (Fell, Lail, Qooat)
Heading back outside the fortress to the construction site, Fell, Lail, and Qooat don’t get too close. The site is fenced in with a large sign that says “Future site of Northern Gun Mid-Western Showroom”. An artist’s rendition of the sleek ultramodern mall has been marked up with unfamiliar symbols. In addition to the fence, a line of police tape and a lone deputy standing guard block the entrance to the site.

From his limited knowledge of civil engineering and architecture Qooat is pretty sure the whole in the ground is big enough to pour the foundation of the building pictures. Inside the hole are excavators and other machinery consistent with a large scale building project. He can also spot more police tape around various sites inside the fence. Despite the nice day, no one seems to be working at the site.

Looking around Lail spots all sorts of tracks. Heavy machinery, police vehicles, construction worker boot prints, and just about everything else you’d expect to see at a construction site. As she scouts around the edge of the fence she is certain a black crow is watching her and laughing at her. Although that could just be the micronians talking.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Is that crow actually laughing?
SD_Aurora in Command: Red alert! The crow has been sighted. The legend of Mor'du is upon us. Rise Villains! Rise Jafaar, the wicked Queen, and Chernabog.
Lail cocks her head spins it round looking at the none too silent Fell. The joy of being out running wild seeps quickly from her eyes, leaving only a lopsided smile. She reaches for the battle fury blade gripping it tight. Softly in a deep throaty voice she says to no one in particular,
"Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go,
You’ll never see me cry
Here I stand and Here I’ll stay
Let the storm rage on."


By the time she finishes her lyrics her body has undergone a fearsome and remarkable change. Her body seems almost sheathed darkness surrounded by pale red flames, and her eyes are a blazing yellow. She pierces Fell's soul with them searching his very being for something. In a voice clearly hers' and yet not, almost as if many were speaking at once, she speaks to Fell, " That bird has laughed its last laugh. The legend of Mor'du will never be told, not now, not here, not ever!" With fearless abandon she leaps after the laughing crow following it to whatever end may come.
Actions
2 Actions and move: Use the loosing it ability ( Normal action), and draw the battle fury blade ( Split the seconds). Move 12 Paces towards the crow.

Notice: 1d8+2 = 6: 4 Total: 6
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Tracking: 1d8+2 = 4: 2 Total: 10
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 2: 2

While loosing it she is berserk, and fearless, but her Sublime Chaos allows skill rolls.
Attachments
Lail transformed.jpg
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Qoat makes one final check of the Q-Mobile's sensors and radios out to Fell and Lail, "The place seems deserted. It looks there was an accident or at least some sort of incidient that's caused the local police to cordon off areas in there."

Curious (Major Hinderance), Qoat looks for the entrance to the construction site. Just don't mess with the stuff inside the taped areas should be fine, right? Qoat thinks as he moves in. "Let's go check this place out."
Lail Gabbersleaf wrote: Lail cocks her head spins it round looking at the none too silent Fell. The joy of being out running wild seeps quickly from her eyes, leaving only a lopsided smile. She reaches for the battle fury blade gripping it tight. Softly in a deep throaty voice she says to no one in particular,
"Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go,
You’ll never see me cry
Here I stand and Here I’ll stay
Let the storm rage on."


By the time she finishes her lyrics her body has undergone a fearsome and remarkable change. Her body seems almost sheathed darkness surrounded by pale red flames, and her eyes are a blazing yellow. She pierces Fell's soul with them searching his very being for something. In a voice clearly hers' and yet not, almost as if many were speaking at once, she speaks to Fell, " That bird has laughed its last laugh. The legend of Mor'du will never be told, not now, not here, not ever!" With fearless abandon she leaps after the laughing crow following it to whatever end may come.
Qoat's head spins as he hears Lail's voice. Now what? He begins to chase after Lail and/or Fell. Seeing Lail's transformation, Qoat stops and thinks, Is she possessed? He tries to read her thoughts to see if they are her own. If he realizes she thinks there is something strange about the crow, he drops the power on Lail and refocuses on the crow.

When/If he tries on the crow, his gizmo glitches, and instead he sends his thoughts to the bird, Why is Lail after you little bird?
OOC Comments
Notice: +1 from Q-mobile sensors
Wild Die: +1 from Q-mobile sensors
Total: 3 +1 from Q-mobile sensors

Band of Mental Communication ->on Lail
Cost: 2 P.P.E.
Range: Sight
Duration: 3 (1/round)
Effect: read surface thoughts of ally on simple success, opposed spirit roll for those unwilling.
Psionics:
Wild Die:
Total: 6

Band of Mental Communication ->on Crow
Cost: 2 P.P.E.
Range: Sight
Duration: 3 (1/round)
Effect: read surface thoughts of ally on simple success, opposed spirit roll for those unwilling.
Psionics:
Wild Die:
Total: 1

Weird Science Malfunction 1d4 = 4: 4
1 - Clubs (Catastrophic Malfunction), 2 - Hearts( Major Malfunction), 3 - Diamonds (Minor Malfunction), 4 - Spades (Glitch)
  • Glitch - The gizmo activates but does the reverse of its intent. An invisibility belt makes the caster glow brightly, a weapon fires at a random target, and so on. If a reverse effect makes no sense, treat it as a Major Malfunction instead.
Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 20/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:34 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 5: 3 Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Note: Definitely want to know if dude is supernatural or something
Well... Cory was very intrigued by the information she and Merl had uncovered. She made sure that as she found interesting things she would explain it to Merl, why it was interesting, why this was bad, or this was good, giving him as much context as possible for the situation. She liked doing that. Helping the young dragon get used to this world was very fulfilling. She also was pleased with the information, it seemed to answer many of the questions they had.

As she stood up to leave, she radioed Fell, "Fell, like Merl and I found some good info, you know. We'll like head back to the Q-mobile so we can like you know debrief or whatever."

Heading outside she is naturally curious and gets as close to the speaker as possible. Which apparently brings her to his attention. She's a bit naive and terribly curious now, so she isn't very careful with her response.

"Hi, yeah, you're like Mukwooru right? Just read about you, right? Yeah, like, I trust the spirits. Like totally, I mean, I trust Sun and Moon, but basically, like spirits, you know?" She points to the iconography adorning everything. "Yeah, but you know, like totally, that's my deal, right? I just got like back from a mission where there was like this totally evil like lady, she was using magic for like totally nasty stuff. Nasty. Then like this other chick, she was like working wth ugly mean brodkil, another magic chick. I mean like they were both totally like from the Federation of Magic, and they're just a bunch of evil a-holes."

She pauses for a second, gathering her next thoughts. "But yeah, like there's also tons of people that do you know rely on tech stuff, right? I mean like I got a couple back up things, right, cause like you know, sometimes I run out of the mojo and throwing pine cones doesn't really cut it, you know, right? So, what I guess, I mean, like what I'm trying to say, is like spirits is my thing, and I do everything, you know, all that I like can to use it for good, you know, like to protect life and make the world better. I know some tech types that like have the same outlook."

She sighs heavily, "But then you get like dickhead like the Coalition and they just ruin everything for everyone. Good guys can't do magic get shot by those close minded jerks just for being around people like you and me."

Cory has a soapbox and she is going to use it. Mukwooru did not know what he started. "I mean, like, if people just didn't like kill each other for being different, like that would help. Maybe like that could help with you know the problems here? Like I don't know, you know, maybe that is a burial ground, and that would suck. Maybe someone is like just saying it is to cause trouble. Totally seen that happen. Like I totally hear what your saying. Like a big hole in the ground is kind of totally freaky. But it might be okay? I don't know. What I know, is that my Sun and Moon don't like people killing people. They aren't all that stoked when bad people have to get killed."

She rubs her rosary, mumbles a quick penance for all the people she has now killed in service the Legion. "So, yeah, I mean, like you guys have tough situation, I can totally get it. And like, for me, I'd turn to Sun and Moon for guidance. Some of the like not mystic types might not get, but they listen and then give me advice. Maybe, like I don't always understand, but like I try."

She shrugs and gives the rabble rouser a thin smile. "I don't like, you know, envy you, things are totally like tough. I hope that your spirits can help. I'm guessing they told you I was, you know, like, a mystic or whatever."

OOC Comments
Detect Arcana Mysticism 1d8 = 4: 4 Wild 1d6 = 1: 1 (Free Action)

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:35 pm

While Cory is giving her speech, Merlaggon will be looking over the crowd for danger, and giving everyone the stink eye.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
Result: 4

Intimidate: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Result: 5
"Get back. You are making me angry. You don't want to see me angry..."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:10 am

Qoat wrote:
Qoat's head spins as he hears Lail's voice. Now what? He begins to chase after Lail and/or Fell. Seeing Lail's transformation, Qoat stops and thinks, Is she possessed? He tries to read her thoughts to see if they are her own. If he realizes she thinks there is something strange about the crow, he drops the power on Lail and refocuses on the crow.
Something within Lail, not necessarily her conscious mind, but a dark foreboding power resists Qoats attempt to communicate with her.
OOC Comments
Spirit 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
A booming voice echoes in Qoat's mind, Intruder! Chernabog will take thee onest this lacky of Mor'Du is killed!" Images of Demons and torture of a young half elf girl flood into Qoat's mind. Just before he breaks off the connection he hears Lail's faint soft voice terrified, " Don't leave me Qoat!"
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:03 am

(Rolls Carried)
Chernabog wrote:A booming voice echoes in Qoat's mind, Intruder! Chernabog will take thee onest this lacky of Mor'Du is killed!" Images of Demons and torture of a young half elf girl flood into Qoat's mind.
Lail wrote:Just before he breaks off the connection he hears Lail's faint soft voice terrified, " Don't leave me Qoat!"
With his mind connected to Lail's, Qoat grimaces under the onslaught of the entity in Lail's mind. Is this just part and parcel of the craziness created by those implants, Qoat thinks to himself. In either case, maybe I can trick it so she can regain control. Qoat has no mind control abilties, so he attempts to bluff.

I am no lacky of Mor'Du. I AM THE AVATAR OF QOZ! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL Qoat's prodigious mentality thunders back through his psychic link. You will release this girl or I will cast you into the pit of Quincosa to be shredded by the horrendous Quovouer for one thousand years. LEAVE NOW! Lail fight back! You are stronger than it!
OOC Comments
Smart Trick to make Chernabog flinch
Smarts: 1d10-1 = 1: 2
Wild Die: 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Merlaggon wrote:While Cory is giving her speech, Merlaggon will be looking over the crowd for danger, and giving everyone the stink eye.
OOC Comments
Notice: Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4
Result: 4

Intimidate: Original post: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild: Original post: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Result: 5
"Get back. You are making me angry. You don't want to see me angry..."
"It's okay Merl, I got this. I mean, like, don't go anywhere, but like we're okay now, right?" Cory says putting her hand on Merl's bicep (she can't reach his shoulder).

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Timothy takes the warning from the local authority. "Would you mind if our team helps out?" Timothy will also look at the wanted posters and visually record them for future reference.

If the deputy is okay with the help Timothy will have follow up questions. "Do you have any leads? Who is your primary suspect? Is there a, what did you call them? Trad? That is willing to help us?"

If the deputy is not okay with the team helping out will thank the officer for the advice and contact the team. "Team, be careful. Stay with your battle buddies. There is a killer out there. Don't do something stupid. If you get into anything, call for backup."
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Sinder is glad that the initial meeting went better than he hoped for.
When the she mentions“Fort Comanche straddles two worlds. We know the ways of technology helped bring about the fall of man and the dark ages. Thus, it is a two edged sword. Our chieftain, Quanah is very worldly, he ventured far in his youth and knows the value of trade and machines. He has brokered a deal to build a new Northern Gun facility here. They are building a very large site in areas that some feel remain sacred.

Many, including my husband Mukwooru, a spirit talker, feel our city is becoming too much like the men of the Golden Age and we will invite wrath upon our city.” She sighs deeply as she shows Sinder some local news reports of murders at the Northern Gun construction site. The bodies had been hacked to pieces and traditional Native American symbols written at the scene in blood.

“Tensions are high in the city. So far, these murders have only lead to blame. Our lawmen have not found any leads.”
Sinder sits back and thinks. "Do you think he would do anything like that to discourage the building of the Mall? Maybe someone he knows, or someone wants to frame him? Usually a traditionalist would not try to hide who is doing it?"
Sunrise nearly jumps out of her seat as a crow caws from the window sill.
“A bad omen.”
"Can someone change shape or control crows around here?"
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Qoat wrote:
I am no lacky of Mor'Du. I AM THE AVATAR OF QOZ! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL Qoat's prodigious mentality thunders back through his psychic link. You will release this girl or I will cast you into the pit of Quincosa to be shredded by the horrendous Quovouer for one thousand years. LEAVE NOW! Lail fight back! You are stronger than it!
Opposed smarts
Smart: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Whatever creature is controlling Lail momentary looses focus. Lail's innocent face can for a brief glimpse be seen beneath the fiery visage. But it is all too fleeting a moment. Just before Lail disappears into the flames of Chernabog she stretches a hand out to Qoat pleading for help with her eyes.
The many voices return, grumbling and deep they shout at Qoat, " You will be next Qoz. Our quarry the ever Mor'Du must be seized, too many of our kind have died! Argghh where did it go. Insufferable Distractions! I will search until there is no rock, tree, nor bush that can give comfort to such a creature!"

The flame and fire moves on ever tracking, and ever searching for the crow.
OOC Comments
If you had shook her, I would have tried to get her out of her loosing it state.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Fell watches Lail. Well lets see how this goes.

"Attention First SET. All First SET members, this includes you LAIL, report to Sgt. Fell at the Q-Mobile ASAP inside Ft. Comanche, where we first spoke with Maria Walcott. That's an order. NOW. Thanks guys. Lets regroup and pow wow."

Not racist at all considering where we are...pow wow, snort.

The Juicer jogs to a halt and watches the young Crazie to see how she reacts to the order.

Fell looks around him at the surroundings. Why do I feel a foreboding doom?

Hackles raised the Juicer shuffles towards Lail, "Hey Lail, lets go!"
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:51 am

Smarts-2 for ending loosing it
Smarts: 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Failure-1 to trait rolls
Hours: 1d6 = 2: 2
Fell's biting command, aided by no small part by Qoat's attempt to reach Lail, cuts through whatever was controlling her. The flames subside, and the little innocent teenage girl is back. Her eyes are wide with terror, and her lips are trembling. She sheathes the battle fury blade and then looks at Fell and Qoat. Its almost as if she is looking at something standing behind them.
" Its not real, the micronians saved me... its not real, the micronians saved me.". Lail yells at Fell, or maybe something unseen right behind him, " You are not real!". Still trembling, she refocuses on Fell and jogs off to the location of the meetup. As she runs off she tends to give folks a wide birth, amd often draws her rifle pointing it at shadows here and there.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 am

Once Timothy receives the recall order one of two things will happen.

If the deputy did not accept the teams help, Timothy will radio back. "Roger, enroute"

If the deputy did accept the teams help. "Excuse me for just a moment." He'll look at gale. "Get on the radio tell the Sarge that we'll be dragging. We are getting intel." Timothy will turn his attention to the Deputy once again. "I'm sorry about that. Please continue."
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Rekindling Old Flames (Sinder)
"Do you think he would do anything like that to discourage the building of the Mall? Maybe someone he knows, or someone wants to frame him? Usually a traditionalist would not try to hide who is doing it?"
Sunrise looks aghast when Sinder basically accuses her husband of murder. “Mukwooru would not condone violence against our own people. If someone is doing this to stop the development, then he would disagree with their methods.”
"Can someone change shape or control crows around here?"
“Who knows in this world where the spirits run free? Nothing is what it seems. My grandmother tells stories of crows, their presence is never welcome.”

Law & Disorder (Timothy, Gale)
The deputy shrugs at the offer of help, “Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes don’t hurt. I imagine your fancy eyes are as sharp as they come.”
"Do you have any leads? Who is your primary suspect? Is there a, what did you call them? Trad? That is willing to help us?"
“No real solid leads yet. People have been hacked up pretty good, could be some sort of demon or entity, but it looks like a blade to me. The trads are calling it a vengeful spirit. They all listen to the shaman, Mukwooru, he’s got magic powers and can talk to the spirits.”

In the News (Cory, Merlaggon)
Cory gives an awkward speech about balance and the Sun and Moon. Most people seem less than convinced but she manages to use the time to open her senses to Mukwooru mystic awareness. He’s definitely got some magic abilities and is even carrying a few enchanted items on his person. When a few members of the crowd get too close Merlaggon warns them back. From his position up front Mukwooru smiles, “Welcome firebird! Perhaps your wisdom can shed light on our situation.”

Under Construction (Fell, Lail, Qooat)
As the team investigate the site, things get crazy fast. Seeing a crow watching her from nearby Lail loses it and begins chasing after the bird in a frenzy. After staring into her eyes for a split second it caws and flaps up out of her reach. Seeing his companion agitated, Qooat tries using telepathy to calm her down but the two only engage in some sort of weird mind games until Fell snaps everyone out of it by ordering everyone to meet up back at the hotel. Exhausted from living inside the brain of a crazy Qooat is a little careless when using telepathy on the crow, when he tries to read its thoughts his mind is suddenly flooded with a horrific nightmare!
OOC Comments
Make a Spirit roll at -1. If fail, roll on the fright table and role play the results.

Back at the Ranch (all)
After pounding the pavement and (hopefully) extricating themselves from their various situations the group lands back at the El Rancho Hotel to meet up with Walcott. She reports she made contact with the town’s Chief, Quanah, and set up a meeting for the morning. “Not a bad guy. Seen his fair share of America and lived to tell about it. Okay in my books. Says they got some trouble at a new Northern Gun store opening up and the locals are on. Did you guys dig up anything on that?”
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:21 am

Venatus Vinco wrote: In the News (Cory, Merlaggon)
Cory gives an awkward speech about balance and the Sun and Moon. Most people seem less than convinced but she manages to use the time to open her senses to Mukwooru mystic awareness. He’s definitely got some magic abilities and is even carrying a few enchanted items on his person. When a few members of the crowd get too close Merlaggon warns them back. From his position up front Mukwooru smiles, “Welcome firebird! Perhaps your wisdom can shed light on our situation.”
"Merl, they kinda like want you to like talk about what's going on. You totally don't have to, but I mean, like I'm confident you'll do fine, you know, if you want." Cory says to the young dragon, trying to bolster his confidence and calm him down. "Like, I'm not going anywhere, okay? We are totally going to stick together here." She's defiant of course, but she doesn't like the way the guy latched onto Merl like that and then called him out. That's just rude. But more, she is suspicious that he knows Merl is a juvenile and will probably make the situation worse if put on the spot.

Cory is not going to let that happen. She stands with a hand on Merl's arm giving the rabble rouser a teenage death stare.

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 am

Fell hands Lail a piece of wood and a small pocket knife while the team assembles back at the El Rancho Hotel to meet up with Walcott.

"Ever whittled before? Seen Sir Sayeen did it a time or two. Just pay attention to the wood and the blade and the end result is always exactly what you were meant to make. Try it?"

Occupy her?

Looking at Walcott the Juicer says, "Trouble at the NG store. Cory, Qoat and Timothy, you mind passing on what you found out? Thanks."

Standing behind Lail and watching everyone Fell waits to hear whats going on. While listening to the separate reports his right leg cramps and then starts shaking. Trying to be quiet about the pain he is in the Juicer switches the harness flow to add more narcotics. After a few minutes he starts to sweat lightly when he realizes the pain killers are not helping. Maintaining his composure and listening is the hardest thing he has done in a while.

Gods lets hurry up and do something substantial and something folks will remember and be inspired by. Some magnificent deed! I'm going to be dead before much longer, and at the rate this meeting is going....negative 50 mph....I'll drop dead right here. What fun will that be? Fell! Dead from too much talking! Damn it! Leg! Stop shaking! Sigh.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 am

The Crow! wrote:Under Construction (Fell, Lail, Qooat)
As the team investigate the site, things get crazy fast. Seeing a crow watching her from nearby Lail loses it and begins chasing after the bird in a frenzy. After staring into her eyes for a split second it caws and flaps up out of her reach. Seeing his companion agitated, Qooat tries using telepathy to calm her down but the two only engage in some sort of weird mind games until Fell snaps everyone out of it by ordering everyone to meet up back at the hotel. Exhausted from living inside the brain of a crazy Qooat is a little careless when using telepathy on the crow, when he tries to read its thoughts his mind is suddenly flooded with a horrific nightmare!
Having only nudge Lail's mind, Qoat turns his attention to the crow, he reaches out with his mind while thinking. What/who is Mor'du? Then his mind links and reality disappears. The bird's mind is too alien for Qoat and he falls over.
The Nightmare! wrote: Strange flightless creatures scamper around on the ground amidst strange tall structures. They jibber at me while I ask them what's wrong, "Caw, Caw!" I stop on a limb and look down and see a fearsome dark flame chasing me, I fly away only to see to the side some weird one eyed creature looking at me. It wants to know me. I laugh and fly away.

I am flying, soaring over the brown and green earth, floating, circling, waiting until I see the shiny bit. I swoop down and get my prize and fly back to my nest and place the shiny bit with all my other treasures. "Caw!" I yell in trimuph.

"What in Qoz was that?"
Qoat says as he open his eyes to see only darkness. The lense of his armor encrusted in mud. "Crap, how did I end up here?" He sits up and scrapes off the mud on the front of his helmet clearing the lenses. "I am going to need to hose this off." He heads back to the Q-Mobile, oblivious to what Fell and Lail are doing now and shucks his armor, chunks of mud dripping off of him.
OOC Comments
Notice:
Wild Die:
Total: 2


Bennies: 3/3

Spirit 1d8-1 = 5: 6
Wild Die: 1d6-1 = 5: 6, Ace: 1d6 = 5: 5
Total: 11

Band of Mental Connection: 16/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Last edited by Qoat on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:39 am

Firebird? Does he mean me?

Hearing Corey's words of encouragement, Merlaggon takes a deep breath.
"Technology is cool. You can get ALL sorts of nice things. I just got myself a REALLY nice new toy... a Missile Launcher. I brought it to a Techno-Wizard and he made it EVEN BETTER! NOW IT SHOOTS FIRE!!! I wish I had broight it with me, but I thought it might scare people." *breath* "A lot of my friends got themselves jet packs, and now they can enjoy the freedom of Flight. There is NOTHING like flying through the air... relaxing... floating on the air currents... they don't actually float, but they can still have LOTS of fun!" *breath* "Why don't YOU like technology? Don't you like toys? There are all sorts of wonderful things you can get that are technology. Before I learned how to speak American, I used technology to talk to people. While it is better to know how to talk to people,
like I have learned to do, it is better to use technology to help talk rather than misunderstand each other."
OOC Comments
He asked. Let me know if I need to make a persuasion roll or anything. I sort of see Merlaggon almost piggy backing on the other speaker's roll...
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 pm

POW WOW at Sunrise
Sunrise looks aghast when Sinder basically accuses her husband of murder. “Mukwooru would not condone violence against our own people. If someone is doing this to stop the development, then he would disagree with their methods.”
Sinder is shocked, “I agree, I didn’t mean to say he did it, because I know traditionalist would not hurt their own kind. This leaves me with an outside force, and they must be versed in magic. They must be needing a fall guy for this undertaking and want to break up and weaken the tribe. But the real question is Why?”

Sinder looks pensive. “Who wants to do this and what is their game plan? CS would like this area. But someone with magic and not wanting tech weapons out here.”
Sunrise about the Magic, “Who knows in this world where the spirits run free? Nothing is what it seems. My grandmother tells stories of crows, their presence is never welcome.”
“Will you be OK Sunrise. I don’t want to leave you here alone. The Crow has me wondering too. Why don’t you come with me and I can drop you off with friends?” “I am afraid you being here is too much. And that crow!?”Sinder doesn't like the crow showing up, this is not a coincidence.

Eventually Sinder leaves her here or will take here with him to protect her.
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Fell wrote:Fell hands Lail a piece of wood and a small pocket knife while the team assembles back at the El Rancho Hotel to meet up with Walcott.

"Ever whittled before? Seen Sir Sayeen did it a time or two. Just pay attention to the wood and the blade and the end result is always exactly what you were meant to make. Try it?"

Occupy her?

[/i]
Lail looks up at Fell, and he sees panic in her eyes. She absently takes the block of wood and knife, sits down and whispers to Fell, " Thank you Fell..." She tries to work on the wood, and coarve it into something meaningful, but every time foot steps by by their room, or a loud noise from out side she jumps pulling her pistol. Half way threw the discussion she cries out, " No! Not again!" She is looking right behind Fell at something truly terrifying and slings the pocket knife inches from Fell's head. She shakes her head looking at the piece of wood gets up and retrieves the knife from the wall it was embedded in, " Sorry Fell... I see monsters everywhere." While folks talk she hunkers down to work on the wood...
Lack of Action
Needs Action Spirit roll at -1 due to getting it together, Faulire results in -2 CHA, -1 to trait rolls until the shit hits the fan.
Spirit: 1d8-1 = 1: 2
Wild: 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Whittling
Spirit: 1d8-2 = 1: 3 -1 from getting it together, -1 from Lack of action
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
SD_Aurora, in command: Prepare the wet work team we are infiltrating this Juicer man one way or another.
Having struggled long and hard against the piece of wood and not transforming it into anything she throws it down on the floor. She presses the pocked knife blade into her palm smearing blood on it. She comes over to Fell and jams it right into the wall above him... Drip, Drip go a few blood droplets into Fell's white hair.
Impatiently she turns to the group, " We all know the score here. Murder Crow, someone is killing the folks around here, someone dark, beaked, and a damn Crow! Find the crows, find the killer."
Lail works her way to Timothy, and mutters, " Give the word, I'll unleash maximum firepower." She sits on the sill rocking back and forth quiet and demure, an invariable child next to the hulking man of metal. Things seem to halve calmed down a bit until she catches out of the corner of her eye something big and red. A freaking demon lurking at the window, then all bets are off as she opens fire with her rifle taking the SOB out! Maximum Firepower! " You'll never take me! Not again!!
OOC Comments
Probably no demon, maybe a man carrying groceries, maybe nothing, Maybe Merlaggon, maybe a servant of Mor'Du...
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Fell sees Lail throw the knife towards him. Did I think; Dead from too much talking? Ha. Dead from a little girl with a pocket knife.

The Juicer spins the harness dial rapidly down - pumping muscle relaxers and narcotics into his blood stream. Watching as the knife flys closer toward him. Do not react Fell!

Every muscle cramps from the Juicer willing himself to not pounce at the 'threat'. Ooooohoooooh

As the blade passes his head Fell laughs. Shiiiiiiiiiiooooo

More than a little doped out of his mind Fell doesn't see Lail sit back down or hear the remaining few minutes. He suddenly sits down Indian Style and giggles.

What were we talking about?

A while later Fell watches Lail punch the blade into the wall by his head.

I am thankful I am not a parent. I suck at caring for others. You made a good call Cory, saying no to me.

Sobering up Fell stands up. Shots fired. Son of a bitch.

"Lail is going to go on a walk with me. Tim take over the meeting and I'll catch up later. Excuse us."

Fell ushers the Crazie out of the room. Prompting her with suggestions that it's safer outside. Suggesting that they go for a run to further investigate the area. Grimly the Juicer hopes she will listen to him.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:51 pm

El Rancho Omlet at the HOTel
Back at the Ranch
After pounding the pavement and (hopefully) extricating themselves from their various situations the group lands back at the El Rancho Hotel to meet up with Walcott. She reports she made contact with the town’s Chief, Quanah, and set up a meeting for the morning. “Not a bad guy. Seen his fair share of America and lived to tell about it. Okay in my books. Says they got some trouble at a new Northern Gun store opening up and the locals are on. Did you guys dig up anything on that?”
When Sinder makes it back to El Rancho Hotel to meet up with Walcott. ”Well hello, how did your endeavors go?”

Sinder listens to the others and then when he gets a chance he pipes in with his Hot little tidbits. “Sunrise, my contact here said her husband Mukwooru isn’t doing this. he would never harm any of his people. I believe this is true. Traditionalist, are very vocal but when it comes to killing their own people that is far from a traditionalist. Which means someone else is doing this”

“CS is usually the ones that want to expand, and they would love to divide the tribe and make them weak and fear each other., But there is the Magic! The Crows! As I was talking to Sunrise this Crow shows up. Native Americans see the crow as a bad omen. What if they are right it is a bad Omen and more? What if they, who ever it is, want to stop the dig and are actually using magic on the crows.”

“Now I don’t know for sure but I think we need to research and get going on this.”
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Fell wrote:
"Lail is going to go on a walk with me. Tim take over the meeting and I'll catch up later. Excuse us."

Fell ushers the Crazie out of the room. Prompting her with suggestions that it's safer outside. Suggesting that they go for a run to further investigate the area. Grimly the Juicer hopes she will listen to him.
Lail crouches low, using the sill as cover for what could only be a demonic counter attack. Oh no! They are not real, they are not real. I was with the micronians! She holsters the rifle and sprints out the door covering her face with with her hands trying to hide the tears of shame. She nearly runs right into Sinder, but slides to halt and gives him a hug! But then takes off after whispering, " I miss him so much!".
She runs, and runs about halfway to the NGR construction site. She stops suddenly breathing heavily and coughing up blood. She takes to one knee spits out the blood pooling in her mouth. She looks up at Fell, " Sorry... I seem to be having trouble my first mission."
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Unwinded from the run Fell nods.

In a quiet voice the Juicer says:

"Life happens. When you make a mistake you try to fix it. You shot a window. Offer to fix it. That or just move on to the next thing.

Sighing he looks down at Lail. I'm lost. Don't know what to do for you.

"Don't give up on your self. Loosing a loved one isn't something you get over - you learn to cope with it. When you are ready. We both have a mission to do. I'd love you to be part of it still. Thank you."

Seriously don't have any idea what I'm saying.

Turning to head back Fell waits for her. Even offers a hand to her. "If ever...you want to talk about what troubles you. I'm. Here."

Until I'm not.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Lail crouches low, using the sill as cover for what could only be a demonic counter attack. Oh no! They are not real, they are not real. I was with the micronians! She holsters the rifle and sprints out the door covering her face with with her hands trying to hide the tears of shame. She nearly runs right into Sinder, but slides to halt and gives him a hug! But then takes off after whispering, " I miss him so much!".
Sinder has too much on his mind to try to avoid Lail. When she gives him a hug he returns it. but the action has Sinder bewildered, "Lail are you OK?" As she goes by he wonders, "What is wrong? We need to make sure that someone is with her all the time till we figure out what she is going through."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Fell wrote:
Turning to head back Fell waits for her. Even offers a hand to her. "If ever...you want to talk about what troubles you. I'm. Here."

Until I'm not.
Lail takes Fell's hand and draws him in close, her eyes crystal clear in focus, in a quiet whisper she breathes" Do you know what it feels like to be taken from your home? From your father?"
She steps back, and chortles, " you're headed the wrong way Fell. I'll sheathe my weapons unless you give the order to fire. But I can feel in my bones we need to get into that dig site and see what the crime scene looks like!" She grabs his hand pulling him towards the Dig site, " Get the others to meet us, there is something wrong here. I need to prove I am as much of hero as my father was. This is how I start... I can keep it together long enough to make a difference." Can I keep it together?
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:29 am

This is why crazy people are always a bad idea. Especially this family.

Timothy watches as Lail starts going ape shit, Fell tends to Lail to bring her back to reality and hands the meeting off to TImothy who brings the team back to the problem at hand. "Roger, Okay team,
focus. Let Fell deal with her. Back to the current issue. The local cops think these are more normal style killings. A blade of some kind. Now, that doesn't eliminate a Mind Melter or Rogue CyberKnight. The locals have directed us towards some dirt throwing stick waiving guy named mukwood or something like that. Sinder, you seem to have a connection with him? Would you please be our go between? Cory,
do you have any way of being able to tell what has happened at each of the site? Me and Gale will be backup for anyone who may need it. Just to be safe, none walks any place alone. Stick with your battle buddies. Sinder and Q, Cory and Merl, Me and Gale, Fell and Lail. That should be everyone. Keep in mind, we need to solve this pretty quickly, Who knows how long the convoy is going to be in town. This is not a vacation stop. Any Questions?"
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 am

The Wisdom of Dragons
It’s obvious that most people in the crowd weren’t expecting such an, enthusiastic, response from Merlaggon. It generates a few chuckles, a few nods, and a lot of confused stares. Yet, when Merlaggon ends with a question Mukwooru picks up the ball.

“It is not about like or dislike my young friend. It is about where we put our trust. It seems you may be new to this world. Our people are not. Our ancestors lived on this land before any others. We have seen from our past and present that misplaced trust in humanity’s own power and creations gives rise to the devastation around us. It is root cause of the Great Cataclysm and will be the root cause of our own downfall. When we trust in what we have made, in our own power, then soon we will be victim to our own follies.” He looks around the crowd now, it’s obvious they are becoming believers, “The spirits protected us from the first cataclysm. Let us not follow down the path they so mercifully steered us from. Progress, economics, technology, without proper respect for the spirits is to abandon our ways and to abandon their protection.”

As he finishes up his speech Mukwooru dramatically steps away from his makeshift podium and walks away. In the ‘Burbs they call it a mic drop.

Back at the El Rancho
Sinder parts ways with Sunrise who insists she will be fine, the spirits - and Mukwooru - will protect her. Meanwhile, Q, Lail, and Fell return from the construction site after a run in with some crows. Tim and Gale are able to give a report from local law enforcement while Cory and Merlaggon stroll in last after attending a public demonstration.

Tim assigns everyone into a buddy system before Walcott adds her two sense.

“The chief wants to do some trading but not while tensions are so high. I can probably get you access to the crime scene. Might be good to get a sit down with him and this Mukwooru so we can hammer out what’s going on with them. Brokering a peace is the only way we can broker a deal - and this is a trade mission afterall. Sounds like stopping whoever’s behind the killings will go a long way to us getting a deal done. Dig into it and sort it out.”

With some sense of direction the next steps may be dictated by biology first. Those who require food and sleep are beginning to feel the effects of a full day travel plus and afternoon of investigation. Any activity undertaken tonight will be in less than optimal conditions (1 level of Fatigue for those who are just “normal”: Qooat, Cory, Sinder, Gale).
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:00 am

“The chief wants to do some trading but not while tensions are so high. I can probably get you access to the crime scene. Might be good to get a sit down with him and this Mukwooru so we can hammer out what’s going on with them. Brokering a peace is the only way we can broker a deal - and this is a trade mission after all. Sounds like stopping whoever’s behind the killings will go a long way to us getting a deal done. Dig into it and sort it out.”
Sinder states, "I think most of us need to rest. First thing in the morning good Tim? Especially checking out the crime scene in the dark you might miss something. With that in mind Qoat, Cory and Merl I'll see you downstairs in the morning." Sinder wonders, "Can I convince Mukwooru to bend and see benefits to both sides, not embrace the tech but see that others can have there own way."

A New Day Dawns or Things are Heating Up at the Teepees

Sinder wakes up and heads down stairs he will lead the party to Mukwooru and Sunrises Teepee. Once there he waits outside and calls, "Mukwooru, Sunrise, it is Sinder! I brought some friends and wonder if we can have a talk."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Lail realizes there will be time to investigate. I can do this, just got to keep it together. She occompanies Fell back for what if any of the briefing is left. She wings by the front desk. No demons here. Softly she appologizes, " I am sorry about the upstairs window, I thought I saw a demon... Whatever I can do to pay for it, just let me know." She winces when she leaves, wondering what exactly the front desk person meant by it was already paid in Full.... She swings by Sinder's room and sees the young Baron sleeping. Just as well, he reminds me of his father, a nice gentle soul. As she comes out of Sinder's she nearly runs into Fell. She looks at Fell and looks back at the door half ajar. She makes the one finger shh motion, and closes the door.

Softly she whispers to Fell, " I am feeling pretty good now... Relaxed, my mind is clear and vibrant." She leans up against the hotel wall tacing a symbol on it absently. " I can keep watch if you like... Yeah get some sleep Boss."

Lail Does not keep watch

She does well enough but her degenerative illness eventually overcomes her crazy constitution and she doses off in the hall way slumping down. She wakes in the morning with a scream, " Get away from me you Filthy Crows!!" Her body is covered with red welts as if pecked constantly through the night. She turns her head to the floor coughing up blood and clearing her throat. " Oh dad, what was that..."
OOC Comments
She is now deathly afraid of birds
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Venatus Vinco wrote:The Wisdom of Dragons
It’s obvious that most people in the crowd weren’t expecting such an, enthusiastic, response from Merlaggon. It generates a few chuckles, a few nods, and a lot of confused stares. Yet, when Merlaggon ends with a question Mukwooru picks up the ball.

“It is not about like or dislike my young friend. It is about where we put our trust. It seems you may be new to this world. Our people are not. Our ancestors lived on this land before any others. We have seen from our past and present that misplaced trust in humanity’s own power and creations gives rise to the devastation around us. It is root cause of the Great Cataclysm and will be the root cause of our own downfall. When we trust in what we have made, in our own power, then soon we will be victim to our own follies.” He looks around the crowd now, it’s obvious they are becoming believers, “The spirits protected us from the first cataclysm. Let us not follow down the path they so mercifully steered us from. Progress, economics, technology, without proper respect for the spirits is to abandon our ways and to abandon their protection.”

As he finishes up his speech Mukwooru dramatically steps away from his makeshift podium and walks away. In the ‘Burbs they call it a mic drop.
"Like what, do you judge the blessing of the spirits like just because you are like alive? So like, then the Coalition is like protected by "spirits", right? They survived. The Federation, like must be protected by spirits too, since they totally like survived. It's not technology and magic that kill people, it's ignorance and intolerance." Cory just can't let this guy get the last word. He's bombastic and full of himself. Worse, she sees in him the makings of trouble. How extreme is he? "I have totally seen people use their faith as a shield to hide behind as they grab for power."

Finally, she looks at Merl, "I'm like not totally sure what just happened. I don't like that guy, like not at all. But like maybe he's just, you know, doing what he thinks he has to, right? I don't, know, you know, right? I guess we should get back. How do you feel?" Cory talks with Merl guiding them through the streets back to their temporary base.


Back at the El Rancho
When Cory and hopefully Merl report back in, she describes the encounter with as much detail as possible, clearly annoyed with the traditional way's representative. She will be surprised about any of the details, especially Sinder's connection and the crime trouble.

"Like, ironically, I can ask the spirits around the site for help. The, you know, can like be vague sometimes. Worth a try though." Cory shrugs. She doesn't have an magic that will let her view the past, but maybe if she asks the right question, she can get the fickle spirits to help. She approaches Tim a little after the meeting breaks up.

"Uh, Tim, like we need to be, you know, very clear with our questions to the spirits. Like, they think different. What are the like most important questions you want answered, I like may only get to ask one or two, right?"

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Seeing how the night is starting to come, and everyone is pretty dam tired. "Everyone get some sleep. Gale, Please stick around for just a little bit."

Timothy starts to walk away from the meeting towards the murder sites, when Cory catches up to him.
"Uh, Tim, like we need to be, you know, very clear with our questions to the spirits. Like, they think different. What are the like most important questions you want answered, I like may only get to ask one or two, right?"
Timothy will look at Cory. "I don't know what to ask. Maybe, if they can describe the person who did the killing? Could they know why the killing was done?"

Timothy will head towards the murder sites in a foolish effort to record the scene.
OOC Comments
Investigation: 1d4-2 = 0: 2 Wild: 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 2:
1d6 = 1: 1 Total: 11, success with 1 raise
Timothy will carefully document each scene to ensure that if something happens over night, they still have this evidence to work with. Timothy will pay attention to foot prints and positions. With luck, the team may be able to replicate what happened and may be able to identify who did this by their weight, how they walk, and how they move.
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Come morning Fell will seek out Timothy.

"Whats up? I got distracted with trying to calm Lail. I feel like I am out of sorts. I already have a hard time just sitting and doing nothing. Whats on the agenda for today? An, mm, thank you for taking over yesterday."

The Juicer rubs his eyes and try's to not think about Lail, watching her sleep in the hallway last night was...disheartening.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Timothy will look at Fell. "Nothing much. Our mission is to solve these murders and solve them quick. I split the team up into teams," Timothy will place his hand on fells shoulder. "Congratulations, you got Lail as your battle buddy. Don't leave home without her. O and I also got some recordings and measurements from the crime scenes. Myself and Gale are going to go find a braniac smart guy to figure some shit out. If you want local help, Sinder has the lead on some guy named mudpucker or whatever. Some local shit throwing herb smoking guy."
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:57 pm

While they are walking back to the base,
"Cory, I don't like that man. He asked my opinion, then said that it was worthless because he didn't agree with it. He is mean. Can I burn him... or just give him a scare?"
"I have to be back to the base soon. I am getting near the end of my time to hold this small form."


Once they are back at the base, Merlaggon grabs his new Missile Launcher and points it at various non living targets and makes roaring noises as he pretends it fires.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Fell nods absently at Tim, "Fun-tastic. Great. I'll grab Lail and tag along with Sinder."

Later Fell spies Merl playing soldier. The Juicer raises an eyebrow and inwardly thinks, I miss youth. Good think the bazooka wielding dragon is on our team.
Sinder wakes up and heads down stairs he will lead the party to Mukwooru and Sunrises Teepee. Once there he waits outside and calls, "Mukwooru, Sunrise, it is Sinder! I brought some friends and wonder if we can have a talk."
Fell tells Lail her help is requested, asking her to come with Fell and Sinder. If she cooperates, Fell will follow Lail and Sinder to the Teepee.

I F'n seriously have lost track of whats going on. Crap. Suppose I'll look like I know whats up and follow Sinder's lead.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:32 pm

Spirit: 1d8-7 = -5: 2
Wild 1d6-7 = -6: 1
Sinder wrote: Sinder wakes up and heads down stairs he will lead the party to Mukwooru and Sunrises Teepee. Once there he waits outside and calls, "Mukwooru, Sunrise, it is Sinder! I brought some friends and wonder if we can have a talk."
Fell wrote: Fell tells Lail her help is requested, asking her to come with Fell and Sinder. If she cooperates, Fell will follow Lail and Sinder to the Teepee.

I F'n seriously have lost track of whats going on. Crap. Suppose I'll look like I know whats up and follow Sinder's lead.
Lail looks at Fell and toss on a fresh shirt. Scars adorn her midrift and back. Fresh marks run the length of her arms, strangely they look like little bird beak pecks.
She scratches at one of the marks while buttoning up her coimbat mage armor. She shakes her head and asks Fell softly" You must think I am crazy? I am sorry for yesterday... Its only been a couple of days, since... Well I'll keep a better handle on things." Something occurred to her, " Hey did you pay for that broken window? The front desk lady said it had been paid in full..."
She cracks her neck, and rubs her arms again. I better not see any crows, my dreams were filled with them. " I hear Sinder downstairs, last one too him buys lunch!" Lail quickly finishes gathering her gear and dives out the broken window landing on one knee next to Sinder.
" Ok hotpants, I got your back... We got some questions for these folks: Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned? Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?" Lail stops and takes a step back grinning. " Wow, I am not even sure where that came from, but if you need me to take the lead, I got the questions."
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Fell notices Lails scars and thinks, I understand those. Absently he thinks about his older sister. Someday I should look her up. Mmm, af'er I die maybe.

Lail: "Hey did you pay for that broken window? The front desk lady said it had been paid in full..."
Fell shrugs.

Lail: "I hear Sinder downstairs, last one too him buys lunch!" Lail dives out the broken window landing next to Sinder.

Fell grins. Guess I am paying for lunch.

Casually stepping out the window Fell follows Lail down. Landing on Sinder's other side Fell mutters, "Boo."

"Sinder, you better have a list. Otherwise I'll put Lail in charge of this investigation."

Chuckling the Juicer says to Lail, "We will give Sinder first try at it."
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am

Timothy Hernandez wrote:"Roger, Okay team, focus. Let Fell deal with her. Back to the current issue. The local cops think these are more normal style killings. A blade of some kind. Now, that doesn't eliminate a Mind Melter or Rogue CyberKnight. The locals have directed us towards some dirt throwing stick waiving guy named mukwood or something like that. Sinder, you seem to have a connection with him? Would you please be our go between? Cory, do you have any way of being able to tell what has happened at each of the site? Me and Gale will be backup for anyone who may need it. Just to be safe, none walks any place alone. Stick with your battle buddies. Sinder and Q, Cory and Merl, Me and Gale, Fell and Lail. That should be everyone. Keep in mind, we need to solve this pretty quickly, Who knows how long the convoy is going to be in town. This is not a vacation stop. Any Questions?"
Sinder wrote:Sinder states, "I think most of us need to rest. First thing in the morning good Tim? Especially checking out the crime scene in the dark you might miss something. With that in mind Qoat, Cory and Merl I'll see you downstairs in the morning." Sinder wonders, "Can I convince Mukwooru to bend and see benefits to both sides, not embrace the tech but see that others can have there own way."
Qoat still trying to shrug off the affects of his glitched telepathy of the crow, just nods and stays silent as he hears the orders for the next day. He, for his part, only discovered a second personality in Lail, a freaking terror, and that birds don't think like most humanoids. Not ready to share those items, he heads up to his room. He easily and happily sleeps, the disturbing images quickly forgotten.

The next morning, he's up and has eaten and waiting at the Q-Mobile to take the team to their various destinations during the day.
OOC Comments
Notice:
Wild Die: , Ace:
Total: 9


Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 16/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:12 pm

OOC Comments
Requested Spirit Check: 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Wild: 1d6-1 = 5: 6
Ace: 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Result: 9 - Success and Raise
"What a great nights sleep. I dreamed of flying, shooting ravens with my Missile Launcher, and a BIG shiny pile of gold"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Sleeping Spirit Test
Spirit 1d10 = 3: 3 -1
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2 -1

At the Inn
" Ok hotpants, I got your back... We got some questions for these folks: Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned? Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?" Lail stops and takes a step back grinning. " Wow, I am not even sure where that came from, but if you need me to take the lead, I got the questions."
Fell
"Sinder, you better have a list. Otherwise I'll put Lail in charge of this investigation."
Sinder thinks a bit, "I hope it is more diplomatic then going in and cutting him up in his own home on the reservation." "Yes I was thinking to try to get a timeline on when things started to go wrong, who had arrived. what might be buried there?"
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Sleepless in Kansas
Lail and Sinder have a sleep wrought with nightmares. It is a recurring scene over and over, being chased by native warriors with glowing red eyes and stinking undead bodies. Crows gathering great clouds and circle, coming ever closer until they are consumed in darkness.
OOC Comments
Suffer 1 level of Fatigue. +1 Bennie if you write a vivid description of your nightmare.
Morning Meeting
In the morning, Walcott manages to get the team some facetime with the local chief. Before he shows up she gives them a little run down of his bio. He’s older, which in the local culture is worthy of respect. The most elder and respected are usually called grandmother or grandfather. He’s also done some adventuring outside the Fort. Seen the world a bit and is trying to balance the old and new ways. The one knock on him is that he seems ponderously slow to act.

While the group is eating breakfast the chief, Quanarah, stops by the hotel diner.
Image

“Welcome to Fort Comanche travellers. I am sorry we are under such a dark cloud at the moment, but perhaps your presence is a sign. Many of our people saw the great firebird in your group flying to and fro in the sky. They say he has come to burn away the crows.” It appears, Merlaggon’s presence (and his playtime) did not go unnoticed. “Even Mukwooru agrees you may be of service, I understand you have made his acquaintance already,” the chief adds with a smile.

After some formalities, gossip about the happenings in the worlds, and other chit chat the chief finally gets to the point, “My deputies will allow you an opportunity to look at the scenes and speak to those who will speak with you. Since you are not aligned to either side in the debates you may be able to make more progress.”

Interview with Mukwooru (Sinder, Qoat, Lail, Fell)
Heading back to Sunrise’s house Sinder, and his entourage, look to talk. Mukwooru appears rather unhappy at the sight of the technology clad, heavily armed warriors, but his wife convinces him to meet with them nonetheless.

“I would have preferred to speak with the firebird and his companion of the sun and moon. Yet, Quanarah is my chief and elder bid me speak with you. What is it you would know.”
OOC Comments
He’s obviously not thrilled to speak with you -1 to persuasion and related trait tests
CSI: Fort Comanche (Tim, Gale, Cory, Merlaggon)
At the crime scene Tim is able to clean a number of things as he proceeds with advanced recordings and analysis. He’s seen dead bodies before, both in service of the CS and the Legion. These people were hacked up with serious rage issues. Like Fell did to the CS commander who killed Sir Sayeen. The cuts were clean from something sharp, but made not metal perhaps bone. For his part, Gale detects some magical aura in the area. While there is currently nothing invisible there is clearly magic at work somewhere in the process. Both Gale and Time conclude the bodies were killed somewhere else and dragged here. This is a dumping ground.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Notice: 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Lail looks around the house, hut, shack, wigwom or what have you. So this is what normal passes for in these parts. She stares hard at the ceiling trying to see if anything of note is up there. This guy seems to be giving me the evil eye for wearin g all this technology... Man I feel tired, what was up with those dreams, and my arms still have all those peck marks... Damn crows. Lail excuses herself quietly saying, " Look sorry, I did not realize the situation here, one sec and lets do it again. My father always said you get one chance to make a second impression." She looks at Fell and Sinder... " Trust me, follow my lead."
Lail steps outside, shucks off her armor, drops her weapon, keeps the battle fury blade on her back, but everything technology related ( shoes, belt, cargo pants gone) besides the battle fury blade gets dropped on the ground. Ahh thats better...
She looks at Fell and Sinder with a smile demur smile.
She walks back in half dressed (many scars from centuries of beatings show on her midrift and back) and prostrates herself before Murkwooru holding the battle fury blade out to him, " My name is Lail Gabbersleaf, Child of Sir Sayeen Gabbersleaf, I seek your wisdom and your blessing on my blade if you deem me worthy. I have had a horrific dream during the night. A warrior of someone who may have lived here at one time, was chasing me. His footsteps were thunderous in my ears, his breath hot and stinking. His eyes were glowing red, like I was looking into the eyes of a demon. He chased me through the woods, for hours he chased me. He and I were tied in a furious dance, the farther I ran the closer he came. When he was close about to grab me, the sky..." Lail looks up at Murkwooru her eyes red from crying, and more tears are flowing out.
Barely more than a whisper she sobs, " The crows came, a thunderous murder, surrounding me with fury and such hatred. The pecked... Pecked... The dream ends with a wolf howling at the moon, and a bobcat sitting, grinning in the shadows..." She holds out her arms showing the marks, " But then it repeats, over and over...I have never heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon, or asked the grinning bobcat why he grins." Lail holds her blade outstretched awaiting a blessing if it will come, and pleads, " What does it mean? What does it all mean? Can you give me the strength to see this to what ever end?" Lail still before him crying whispers, " I know I offended you, but please will you not help me... Please help us?"
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:00 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 7: 5 Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Day before:
Cory walks with Merl and shares his opinion of Mukwooru. But she also knows that it's her job to help the dragon learn right and wrong in such a way that he'll soon be able to make complex decisions on his own. So she replies, "I like totally don't like him either. But he didn't like do anything bad, just kind of jerky, right? So no, we don't get to like hurt him just for being a total jerk, you know? I think that's like the real sign of like a bad person is that they like hurt people just cause they like don't like them. But like, a good person, like I try to be right, would still risk their life to protect a jerk like that. You know? Like does that make sense?" Cory has been giving this sort of morality a lot of thought, trying to settle some of her own misgivings about her use of force and how easy it is for her to slip into using massive firepower instead of diplomacy.

Next day:
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 7: 5 Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Divination: 1d10 = 2: 2 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3+ Extra Effort 1d6 = 5: 5
Vigor 1d6 = 5: 5

Given Cory's contemplative state since coming to this town, she is taken aback by the violence of these deaths. She takes a seat on the ground near the bodies and clears her mind. Focusing on the ground around her, on the air, and on the bodies in front of her. She fixes their picture in her mind before closing her eyes. She does a quick low chant while running the rosary beads through her fingers. Finally, she entreats the spirits to come to her and answer her questions. If/when the spirits appear she will ask them to describe the person who brought the bodies, and if still willing, why these people were killed?

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:56 am

Interview with Mukwooru (Sinder, Qoat, Lail, Fell)
Heading back to Sunrise’s house Sinder, and his entourage, look to talk. Mukwooru appears rather unhappy at the sight of the technology clad, heavily armed warriors, but his wife convinces him to meet with them nonetheless.

“I would have preferred to speak with the firebird and his companion of the sun and moon. Yet, Quanarah is my chief and elder bid me speak with you. What is it you would know.”
Sinder lets Lail go first hoping to start to break the ice. After she speaks he stands “I am Sinder Baron, the same Barons that were here helping your people a couple of years ago. We were treated as guest but still not of the people, then as friends of the people. I have lived with the people here for several months. And almost married into the tribe. But the grandfathers of the village said that my path was to be somewhere else. But I was always welcomed back and will continue to come back. It was hard for me to believe but eventually I went on.
And the grandfathers were right. I am back my path has changed and because of it you path was changed”


Sinder allows his hair to light up, “You mentioned a few others, I am tied to the spirit of fire like the Fire Bird who you mention. We are all friends not alike but different, yes at times we disagree. But we stay together because I think it is our path."

Sinder speaks again, “Thank you Lail, I had similar dream. I was in this world and with the people. We were happy, I still had to worry about being me, so I kept the fire spirit contained. Then a darkness came to the people we could not see it but we all knew it was there. The crows tried to warn us. First there were just a couple then there were tens. Eventually the almost blocked out the sun and the calls were unceasing. Finally, the darkness came it had many of our people and those not of us. I tried to fight it, but it was so close, so when I used the spirit fire I killed many of us, trying to destroy the darkness. But the spirit fire barley hurt it and those that died joined the darkness. The Darkness spread faster, the dead native warriors their eyes glowing red with the stench of death eventually took over the people."

"I ran from the darkness trying to get others to do something but they would not hear. I finally heard the spirit talk to me as I laid exhausted. The voice was soft and I had to listen carefully,"

“I sent signs, all my children each had gifts, and they came. You forgot they are not all the same, did I make just one animal? No there is the Bear, wolf, the bison, the deer, fox, coyote, the birds in the sky and the Fish in the streams. There is not just one type either, the insects are not all alike. And yet you refused the others because they were not like you. Each does what he can. In a way, he can. Does the fish try to fly? No, he swims. The Bison is strong, but the flea still lives to bite and feed. Each has his place, none is more important than the other. Everything has spirit, the living, the water, the air, the fire, Earth. And you accept this but you question, others who are not like you. If you cut them do they not bleed.? The color of blood is not important for a blind man sees no color. But you don’t see and it is there in front of you.”

"Now for the aid we ask that we can join you in the search for those that are causing the dead. We need information. Anything would be helpful, like when did the crows show up? When did the deaths come, at what level in the pit? Then let us join forces to rid this place of the darkness.”
OOC Comments
Sharp dressed man +4
use a benny to roll a D10 spirit
Charisma/ Persuasion
1d10 = 10: 10+4
Aced 1d10 = 3: 3
1d6 = 4: 4+4
14+8=22 -1 to persuasion and related trait tests
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Qoat watches Lail shuck her armor and then both her and Sinder relay their dreams to the mystic. Um, no. If/when Qoat's turn occurs, he says, "Uh, my name is Qoat, and I slept well last night." Qoat jerks a thumb back outside, "I drive the Q-Mobile, it's nuclear, so, it doesn't rely on postponed fossil fuel emissions. It's nature friendly - green all the way."

If he is still getting the stink-eye from Mukwooru, Qoat adds, "I'll wait outside. Bye."
OOC Comments
Notice:
Wild Die:
Total: 2


Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 20/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:40 pm

OOC Comments
Hindrances: Death Wish. Overconfident. And Bordom play into Fell's actions.
Interview with Mukwooru (Sinder, Qoat, Lail, Fell)

We walk in. Fell stands behind the others and rubs the grey whiskers on his chin.

Words are exchanged. The Juicer frowns at the obvious distaste Mukwooru has for technology. Fells frown deeps as Lail talks.

We walk out. As Qoat, Sinder and Lail exit. Fell folds his muscular arms across his chest. Displaying the Chem Tubes as he absently taps a finger in his neck collar. He stays inside with Mukwooru. Fell speaks to the man with a even non threatening level voice:

Alone. Fell relaxes his arms to his sides. Steps closer to the old man and displays a small smile.

"I'm following orders from my Elders and Leaders also. We don't always like our orders and we follow them anyway. I respect your age and your obvious wisdom and you should know that these people who just stepped outside are willing to die for you and your people. Try respecting that good sir. We are all lead through life by fates fickle whims. Some are blessed to be given a good life among those who love them. Such as you Mukwooru. Some are lead down a hard path and required to give to others selflessly over and over. The Legion who we represent will give and give to protect you and yours. I imagine that the three who left are about to walk back in sans any technology they can drop. Out of respect for you personally. Their sole desire to give to you and to protect every soul here in the Fort. I'm aging faster than I care to think about and though you may have years on me, my body is older than yours. I have time for straight talk and little patience for dancing around the issues. My last months alive I will spend protecting these three. My last aging few months I choose to also protect and help those here at the Fort. Help us help you. Let's work together regardless of our individual beliefs on technology. Anything you can tell us to help us help you is greatly appreciated good sir. I hope my next life might be blessed and I could be one of the people of your clan. Because I think you are a good people. Ones to be proud of and fight for. Thank you Mukwooru."

We walk back in. Lail, Sinder and Qoat walk back in and The Crazie and Burster try again. Fell steps back for them to talk to Mukwooru.

Qoat leaves. Fell's old eyes look into Mukwooru's eyes. Fell evenly says:

"Told you. I didn't sleep last night and have no more words. So? Will you help us help you?"

The Juicer waits and almost visibly ages before the eyes.

Words always tire me more than Action.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Notice: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

While Cory is busy communicating with the spirits, Merlaggon will be flying overhead watching for any possible threats to her.

"Cory, these people call me a Fire Bird. That must mean they are not afraid of me and that I can wander town in my natural form, right?"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 5: 3Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Timothy searches for tracks to follow. This would be better if we had a dog boy. They could track a psi-stalker across the Mississippi. Turning his attention to Cory for a moment. "Hey Cory, could you please ask your sun or moon spirit which way the killer came from? When you're done, lets get ready to fly we might be see where the murder happened."

Once Cory is done with the spirits, Timothy ensures his jet pack is attached, and helps Cory with hers. Okay guys. Lets take to the air. The bodies where moved here, at least all of us can fly. If you see anything unusual like maybe big summoning circle, call it out."
OOC Comments
Piloting: 1d10 = 1: 1 Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
The jet pack starts to red line right away. Shit that's not good. What the fuck? Timothy will take the Jet pack and see if it needs to be cleaned.
OOC Comments
Repair: 1d6-2 = 0: 2 Wild: 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Timothy doesn't see anything wrong with the jet pack. What the fuck? Timothy puts the jet pack back on and it locks into place. Jesus, being a cyborg is realy pissing me off. Lets try this one more time.
OOC Comments
Piloting:
1d10 = 4: 4 Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Timothy will take to the air with Merl, Cory, and Gale looking for any signs of the murders, or if there is a large reason that can't be seen from the ground. While in the air, "That might be the case Merl, but right now, we need to be looking for clues. Keep your eyes out, the bodies where brought here to disrupt the construction, but they where not done in the construction." By the Emperor, that was pretty dicey. Is something fucking with me?
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Lail pulls Sinder aside, " Hey you had the same dream that I had, minus the crazy wolf and grinning bobcat. Wicked!" She casts a sideways look at Fell and whispers to Sinder, " What do you think Fell said to Mirkwood while I was getting undressed? I did not catch all of it... I think something is wrong with Fell, all this waiting seems to make him grow older. Oh did you see Qoat leave like that? I think this town is about to see a case of road rage... Well I am wondering if this guy is going to help us, better get back to prostrating before him and begging for help ya know."
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Lail excuses herself quietly saying, " Look sorry, I did not realize the situation here, one sec and lets do it again. My father always said you get one chance to make a second impression." She looks at Fell and Sinder... " Trust me, follow my lead."
Lail steps outside, shucks off her armor, drops her weapon, keeps the battle fury blade on her back, but everything technology related ( shoes, belt, cargo pants gone) besides the battle fury blade gets dropped on the ground. Ahh thats better...
She looks at Fell and Sinder with a smile demur smile
Sinder looks around trying not to stare at the near naked Half Elf. but it isn't the strangest thing he has seen. But he is impress after she gave her dream.
Lail pulls Sinder aside, " Hey you had the same dream that I had, minus the crazy wolf and grinning bobcat. Wicked!" She casts a sideways look at Fell and whispers to Sinder, " What do you think Fell said to Mirkwood while I was getting undressed? I did not catch all of it... I think something is wrong with Fell, all this waiting seems to make him grow older. Oh did you see Qoat leave like that? I think this town is about to see a case of road rage... Well I am wondering if this guy is going to help us, better get back to prostrating before him and begging for help ya know."
After Sinder speaks he responds to Lail"Not sure, I hope Mukwooru will help us and bring the tribe together in this endeavor. Fell Aged a lot after your father died. Qoat might have remembered something. Only the spirits know how he will take this."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Merlaggon wrote:Notice: Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3

While Cory is busy communicating with the spirits, Merlaggon will be flying overhead watching for any possible threats to her.

"Cory, these people call me a Fire Bird. That must mean they are not afraid of me and that I can wander town in my natural form, right?"
She goes through the process of channelling the spirits once again, with Timothy's new question in mind. It's not exactly easy on her, but sitting around isn't going to make a difference even if she is at full strength. She asks, "Which direction did the bodies here come from?"

"I don't really, like, you know, know much about these people. There are like stereotypes and stuff, right? But those are never a good thing to like use to judge what like real people are like. I mean, like, they already saw you and like it was fine. Fire Bird sounds totally cool too, so, you know, why not try?" Cory shrugs trying to figure out whether it's a good idea or not. Sometimes helping Merl navigate the world makes her think about it ways she never even considered before. What must it be like to be feared by everyone? If/when she has her answers from the spirits she offers, "I'd like totally go with you if you want, you know."

OOC Comments
Divination: 1d10 = 9: 9 Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Vigor: 1d6 = 1: 1 Wild 1d6 = 2: 2 + Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Meeting Mukuroo (Fell, Lail, Sinder, Qoat)
With Fell and Qoat positively vibrating Mukuroo’s whole household seems on edge, then when Lail walks in naked he seems like he is about to lose his mind. Then she speaks of her dreams. The description brings a suprised silence to his face. When Sinder pipes up about the same dream he looks positively curious.

“Dreams are important to our people. They are often the way spirits speak to us. In this case it sounds like evil spirits are pursuing you, just like they pursued the other outsiders. Hopefully, your fate is not the same.” He pauses for a long moment, “Your ways are not our ways. But you do not deserve death. If the great firebird travels with you, he must see something I do not.”

“This land has belonged to my people since before the cataclysm, since long before the Golden Age of Man. It is most likely the digging has disturbed the peace of some of our ancestors and they are seeking to put an end to their unrest. There must be something significant about the construction site, but I do not know what. Perhaps some of the grandfathers and grandmothers will know stories from the time before time.”

Mukuroo stands slowly, “I will convene a gathering, and we will listen to our ancestors speaking through our elders. Perhaps this will tell us what has been unearthed. For now, we must stop it..whatever it is will not rest until the construction is halted - most likely with all those involved being dead. Quanarah and his contractors are at risk.”

P.P.E. Required (Timothy, Cory, Merlaggon, Gale)
Image

At the construction site, Timothy tries to find tracks or other clues as to where the bodies originated but all the prints of various investigators and onlookers have fouled up the whole scene. Taking to the air, after first bouncing off a forklift, he doesn’t see much else. In the air he can see an entire flock of crows sitting on the fence surrounding the site, staring down at where the bodies lay.

After a quiet existential conversation with Merlaggon, Cory attempts to contact her own spirit guides looking for some supernatural insight into the situation. She finds the area is rife with spiritual activity. In fact many, sometimes conflicting, spirits seem to roam the area. When she finally communes with one of them she gets answers to her questions.

Who: The restless seek rest.
Which direction: From below.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Sinder thinks and speaks to Mukwooru, “I think you're right Mukwooru, there is great danger down in the pit, the people of long ago might have buried or sealed a great evil to protect the people. Do you want us at the meeting? And if so when will it be? Should we go warn Quanarah and the contractors and try to get them to stop construction until we get to the bottom of this?”

"Fell do you think we should do anything Else?"
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Softly Lail, still mostly naked, places her hand over Mukuroo's heart. She smiles up at him and says, " All ways lead to the same outcome. It is what lies in peoples hearts that matters."

SD_Auroa, in command: This one has been implanted.

Lail nods and gets up leaving, as she leaves she turns and bows respectfully. "Friend to Friend, there is no firebird."

Outside Lail puts her gear back on. She looks at Fell and Sinder, and smiles softly. " You guys are fun, Last one to the construction site buys lunch." Lail jogs off to the site. I better not see another crow, or I am going to loose it.

Lail looks for the others at the site, and pauses to say hi.
She softly tells them, " Well it seems like the workers at the contruction site are good as dead. Sinder and myself have been marked for doom as well...". She pauses and looks at them with deadpan seriousness, " Which one of you is a firebird?" Lail moves over to the site looking down into the pit.
" Did you guys throughly search this area, and I think we might want to drop a note with the construction manager letting them know the inevatable will occur.". A little bit of blood escapes from Lail's nose and she quickly wipes it away with the back of her hand.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm

As Timothy flies around looking for tracks and any possible clues to the murders, he is nursing a bruised ego above any physical harm. I swear, that forklift was not there earlier. With very little evidence to go on Timothy joins the team on the ground. After Fell gives his briefing, Timothy will give his. "As I feared, the crime scene has been destroyed by incompetence, or ignorance. Take your pick. From all my time in the service, I have picked up a few things here and there, i'm no expert but I know when bodies are moved, and these bodies have been moved. There is something about these dam birds that are bugging the hell out of me. Sinder, You know the locals better then anyone of us, is there something about their vodoo stuff about these birds?"
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Timothy Hernandez wrote:As Timothy flies around looking for tracks and any possible clues to the murders, he is nursing a bruised ego above any physical harm. I swear, that forklift was not there earlier. With very little evidence to go on Timothy joins the team on the ground. After Fell gives his briefing, Timothy will give his. "As I feared, the crime scene has been destroyed by incompetence, or ignorance. Take your pick. From all my time in the service, I have picked up a few things here and there, i'm no expert but I know when bodies are moved, and these bodies have been moved. There is something about these dam birds that are bugging the hell out of me. Sinder, You know the locals better then anyone of us, is there something about their vodoo stuff about these birds?"
Lail looks scared at of her mind at the mention of birds. " Timothy... Timothy... I realize you were not talking to me, but did you fraking say birds? God damn birds? The birds probably moved the bodies while pecking them to death. Now is not the time to talk of voodoo, we need an exterminator to nuke these birds back into the deep dark pigeon hole they came from." Lail grabs hold of Timothy's mighty frame clinging to whatever hold she can manage, probably the jet pack.
In a frantic fevered hysterical pitch she cries like she is getting murdered," Not birds, Timothy, not Birds!" Still hanging onto Timothy with a death like grip she softly whispers to him, You said service... Got any pull with those military folks? Can they come in and just level the place?"
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Timothy looks at Lail like she lost her mind. "If I had any pull in the Military, I wouldn't be here now would I? Why don't you save all this rage for what is causing the birds?" Timothy will gently peel her fingers off his body one at time. While he is doing that, Timothy looks at Fell and mouth "Save me".
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Outside, Qoat with his helmet off, leans up against the side of the Q-Mobile talking to the locals, "Hi, name's Qoat. Need anything repaired? If you supply the parts, I'll supply the time." Might as well try to drum up some good will. If anyone takes him up on the offer, he talks to them as he does the repair, "So, what do you think about what's going on around here?"

When his teammates come out later, Qoat says, "So it seems to be there's some bad Q-ju at the construction site. It's not like there aren't a lot of other places, why don't we just cover it over with dirt and leave it be and have the village elders speak to the spirits and pick a better spot?"
OOC Comments
Notice:
Wild Die:
Total: 5

Possible Repairs:

(Includes +2 from Mr. Fixit and Body Armor) An additional +2 from Pre Rifts diagnostic tool if it can be plugged in.

Repair: 1d8+4 = 6: 2
Wild Die: 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Total: 8 (with raise time to repair reduced by half)

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 20/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:42 pm

The 1st SETs Juicer looks worn out, from who knows what. Fell rarely sleeps as is, so whats got his nerves frayed is a mystery.

At his morning briefing Fell serves each member a breakfast of pancakes and fruit, his cooking is mediocre at best. The fruit is good at least.

Fell mostly asks the others to all share their learned information from heading out and about. At the end of the briefing / breakfast Fell states: "We need to stake out both the construction site and where the workers sleep. Two spots, two teams. We spend the next 24 hours watching. Stay in contact via radio with each other. Lets watch. For a day. Also we ca try to attend the elders meeting. We need more facts. Sheesh, we need a target to hit. I think watching the construction site and workers sleep areas is whats needed. Other ideas? If no, then break into same split teams as before and lets go investigate...you know sit and wait. Not my favorite thing to do, but...necessary. I like your idea Q. Maybe that's the way. But until after said meeting lets observe."

Fell listens to any other input from the team.

Leveling the place...taking off and nuking it from orbit, that's preferred but... not the Legion way.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 am

Standard Post Block
Notice: 1d8+2 = 9: 7 Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Skill Rolls
Identify monsters that are undead or similar (restless seek rest) and subterranean (from below): Mysticism 1d10 = 8: 8 Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Cory chuckles when she thinks about the spirits' answers. No matter how carefully she tried to word the questions, the answers were still cryptic. That seems always be the case. Still, she relays them during the discussion:
Who: The restless seek rest.
Which direction: From below.


"I would, like, not take too much from that, or, like it could be, you know, totally like specific." Cory pauses making a shape with her hands, then not having any luck, she stops, scowls and says, "Like, maybe, it's like some monster that like is maybe I don't know, like undead and comes from underground." Others may think she's crazy, but from the "facts" she has, it is a perfectly reasonable conclusion. But a grimmer truth is just as likely, "Or, like, I guess it could like actually be restless souls. That makes as much sense as anything else, right?"

When Q gives his suggestion about abandoning the construction site, Cory is actually surprised. She did not expect such a non-technological answer from the team's tech expert. She can't help but agree in principle.

"I'd totally go to the meeting, especially like if our 'fire bird' can go too," she says to Fell, "You know, like maybe, we don't all need to, or whatever. I don't care, right, whatever."

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 am

Stake Out
With the meeting of elders still coming together Fell orders the team to stake out the construction site and the worker’s residence. Probably overnight. Things are slow at both locations. The construction site is a crime scene and no one really comes or goes. A Sheriff's Deputy keeps lazy watch but other than that not much happens. Things are more boisterous at the worker’s hotel. Bored, scared, and with nothing to do most of them stay up to drink and talk, and drink some more.

The process of watching is boring, especially for Lail, who becomes increasingly agitated and distracted as the night wears on. Fortunately for Fell his bio-comp senses a downtime and floods him with drugs making him calm but relatively unobservant. The rest of the team deals with the boredom in their own way.

Around 2:00 a.m. the workers party is just beginning to die down when a group spills out into the street. They’re drunk and petulant. They begin walking toward the construction site. As they reach the outskirts of town, closer to the construction site, crows begin cawing loudly, scaring a few of them back into the hotel, but three of the more emboldened, and drunk, members of the group continue on. The cawing continues until it reaches a feverish pitch until, without warning, a tomahawk flies through the night sky and embeds itself into the chest of one of the workers. The other two swear and start to run, as they do two deathly looking Native Americans emerge from the shadows and cut them off. A third one steps from the shadows and retrieves its tomahawk from the dead man.

Make a Fear Check at -2
Image
OOC Comments
No map needed.
  • You’re in an open area outside town.
    The team who staked out the worker’s hotel is 12” from the action.
    The construction site team is 25” from the action.
    It’s dark, so unless you have night vision or similar a -2 darkness penalty is in effect.
    3 Native American Zombies Types
    2 Living (for now) construction workers
    1 Dead Construction worker
    Bad Guys Parry: 8, Toughness 12 (4)
Bad Guy 3 AS
Merlaggon KS
Lail QC
Sinder 10C
Bad Guy 1 9H
Timothy 7C
Fell 6H
Qoat 5S
Cory 3H
Bad Guy 2 2C

Team Hotel
Cory/Merl
Fell/Lail

Team Construction Site
Tim/Gale
Qooat/Sinder
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 am

Fear; Auto-Ace: 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Wild: 1d6+4 = 5: 1

Notice: 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

"Leave those people alone! They are under OUR protection!"

With that, Merlaggon will fly up to the two remaining workers and wrap his wings around them in order to prevent the undead from directly attacking them. He will do as much of this as he can to give them as much protection and cover as possible.
OOC Comments
If it is possible to breathe his cone of fire on any of the undead without having a chance of hitting anyone else, Merlaggon will do so.

Fire Breath: (Dex Check at -2 to avoid damage)
Damage: 2d10 = 12: 8, 4
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:07 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6 = 1: 1 Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: SHAKEN Name (Duration)
Fear Check
Spirit 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3 -2 + Extra Effort Total: 4 (Success) Fright Table: NOT USED 1d20+2 = 5: 3 Shaken
Taken aback by the sudden appearance of the undead - even if she suspected, the shamblers are still horrifying - Cory is at a loss for her course of action. The fire in her soul yearns to blast the abominations with as much holy fire as she can muster. But another part of her (probably Moon's part) warns that there are others capable of slaying the undead, but she has the ability to maybe save the workers. She has to close in on the monsters to save the men, but she maybe able to call upon Sun and Moon to banish them from existence. They are the very definition of what she is here to fight. Evil in its most perverse imitation of life.

Still not sure healing the men is the right course of action, Cory approaches, dashing up to the downed men. She's picks her path to make sure she gets at least within about 20' of the undead. If she makes it, she will immediately try to banish them!
Banish
Mysticism (1PPE) 1d10 = 7: 7 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
If for some reason she can't get close enough to the zombies, she will heal whichever injured guy she can reach.
Heal
(Contingency) Psionics (3ISP) 1d8 = 6: 6 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 am

Qoat had set the sensors on the Q-mobile set to continuously scan while parked midway between the barracks and the construction site, so the sudden burst of yelling jolts him from his dozing. Wha? The sensors didn't sound, what's out there? He peers out the window of the cab and with his augmented vision of his T-13 clearly sees the three horrific looking Native Americans.

"What kind of warpaint is that? Oh hell no!" Qoat says over the radio, he puts his arm, with the glove of Remote Manipulation on it, out the window and attempts to grab one of the zombies telekinetically. Once in the air, he squeezes his hand causing the invisible force holding the zombie pinned in it's grip do the same.


OOC Comments
Notice:
Wild Die: , Ace: 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 2: 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 3: 1d6 = 4: 4
Total: 22

Fright Check
Spirit 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Spirit 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Fright Table: 1d20+2 = 4: 2 Adrenline Surge: +2 to Trait/Damage rolls next action

Glove of Remote Manipulation
Greater Telekinesis
  • Cost: 10 I.S.P.
  • Range: 20"
  • Psionics: 1d10+2 = 12: 10, Ace: 1d10 = 6: 6
    Wild Die: 1d6+2 = 3: 1
    Total: 16
  • Effect: TK strength: d12+2, Lift/Manipulate max weight on a raise: 1000 lbs
  • Damage: 1d12+2 = 6: 4 (+2 from Adrenaline Surge)
    Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3
    Total Damage: 10
Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Fear Check 10
Fear Check / Spending Bennie for Extra Effort, note I have Elan Edge.

Spirit: 1d12 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2

EF 1d12 = 4: 4
Fell sees the undead and starts to feel a sense of dread, however his drug calmed mind quickly shrugs off any oncoming fear and his reflexes kick into high gear. As time slows for the Juicer he sees Lail running away from the area, frightened? He wavers between going after her or running into combat with his sword. Deciding to press the attack for now the Juicer sees Timothy unload a million rounds at the undead. Running in with sword would be dangerous with Tim's awesome display of firepower.

Going with ranged attack then...
To Be Continued
Continued in next post below.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:06 pm

OOC Comments
Fear: 1d20 = 2: 2 Wild: 1d20 = 3: 3
Spirit: 1d12 = 5: 5 Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
Fear Table: Panicked: The character immediately moves his full Pace plus running die away from the danger and is Shaken. (GM)

With his night-vision on Timothy is standing there with his great sword out when he sees the commotion. What the fuck? Timothy drops his sword, and pulls out his rail gun. "LIGHT THESE BITCHES UP!" Timothy proceeds to open fire with the rail gun to save as many of the living people as possible.
OOC Comments
using full ROF of 4, -2 from autofire Shooting: 1d10-2 = 5: 7, 1d10-2 = 4: 6, 1d10-2 = 2: 4, 1d10-2 = 6: 8 Wild: 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 1: 1

4 hits 1 raise.

Zombie toughness : 8
Damage: (Ace) 2d8+4 = 6: 1, 1+ 1d6 = 2: 2 Target 2: 2d8+4 = 13: 6, 3, Target 3: 2d8+4 = 11: 2, 5, Target 4: 2d8+4 = 14: 6, 4

spend a benny for extra effort. 1d6 = 3: 3
The quiet night is interrupted with the burst of automatic fire raining destruction into the 3 zombies. The night lights up from the muzzle of the rail gun as bright blue energy arcs from Timothy to each of the zombies striking each one. The railgun shots tear the zombies flesh apart as each round impacts it target. Starting with the two zombies right next to the humans, and the last two rail gun rounds impacting the zombie that has already tasted blood.

Standing there with the muzzle smoking from the shooting Timothy stands on guard for another attack. When the area is clear, Timothy will pick up and stow his greatsword and hold onto the railgun. Timothy will approach the team. "So much for standing around, lets go in and spring the trap and kill this necromancer bastard."
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Fear Table Roll Damn birds
1d20+2 = 9: 7
Panicked, full pace away from the danger and shaken
The birds... The Birds, always swirling pecking, and in my dreams when I close my eyes. Lail's face goes white when she sees the zombies and hears the cawing of the nearby birds. She screams, " Timothy! Nuke this town! Nuke it now!!" then runs into the nearest lit building away from combat (Probably a trailer). After she closes the door she turns around to see a man dressed in black crow feathers reaching for her throat. Accidentally hitting the comm unit, she whispers sobbing, " No... Please... No... Not the bird man."

SD_Wicked Queen in command: It has been some time on this mortal plane... Hmph crows young lady? We will watch them, learn their secrets and strike with scorn untold.

A shadow cover Lail for a brief second, looking somewhat like a pool of dark liquid. From the pool out steps a woman who looks looks similar to Lail but the face has a wicked scowl and her eyes are a blazing red. The pool of liquid vanishes leaving this wicked queen persona in her place.
" Birdman indeed! Mwahahahaha!" She taps her 13th M.O.M implant. With a sweet sickly smile she pets the frightened construction worker on the side of the face, " Chernabog, be a dear and treat this man to his greatest nightmare." The wicked queen Lail smashes the light switch plunging the trailer into darkness. The trailer gets darker than dark, a fearsome power grips the man's mind ( an incidentally anyone else within the large burst template). His screams are drowned out by the laughter of the wicked Queen Lail.
Wicked Queen Lail.jpg
Action 1
Well an auto failure on the fear check, ran into some kind of construction worker trailer or some such, and using her off the handle edge activating loosing it as a free action. Now she is fearless.
Split the second action unshake and fear
Spirit Roll to unshake: 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Not Shaken
Fear Power large burst template in the trailer or building. everyone within the large burst makes a fear check. This fear check ( Due to the darkness trapping) has a negative equal to the darkness penalty ( most likely -2, if there are little windows and no other light sources possible a -4): Psionics 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
While Lail is also caught in this power she is fearless in her loosing it state.
2 I.S.P spent.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am

OOC Comments
Rolls carried over from above. (Success on ignore the Fear)
  • Lifting the NG-LG6 Laser Rifle with its integrated grenade launcher Fell peers through the night vision scope, aims and lobs a few Armor Piercing grenades down range at the undead, to assist them into re-death. As the grenades hit home and strike two of the undead Fell shakes with laughter.
OOC Comments

Note: Shooting d12 & Damage of Grenades 3d8 AP8
Shooting 1d12 = 10: 10, wild die 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace Roll 1d6 = 1: 1, Total to Hit 10 (raise on damage) Damage: 1d6 = 4: 4 + 3d8 = 16: 6, 4, 6 AP 8, Total Damage from First Grenade is 20 MD AP 8.
Split the Seconds: Shooting 1d12 = 1: 1, wild die 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace Roll 1d6 = 3: 3, Total to Hit 9 (raise on damage), Damage: 1d6 = 2: 2 + 3d8 = 17: 5, 7, 5 AP 8, Total Damage from Second Grenade is 19 MD AP 8.

Undead #1 hit for 20 MD and AP 8

Undead #2 hit for 19 MD and AP 8


Watch them be immune to conventional weapons.....damn it grenades are expensive!
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 pm

He follows the drunks. “These idiots, we try to protect them and they choose to throw gasoline on the fire."
Over the radio, "We have a few fools heading toward the site."

Fear Check
Spirit 1d10 = 9: 9-2 Total: 7
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
-2 Total:
Made it
Sinder is worried about going full flame, he remembers his dream about the flames. So, he makes sure no one is near him.
he brings up his Firey Aura +3PP for Mega Damage. This should supply enough light for all to see?
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:50 am

Action Time
While the first seemingly undead creature retrieves its tomahawk from the now dead man, Merlaggon swooshes in from the construction site to cover the two remaining men under the protective mantle of his wings. The men cowering in fear as a dragon comes roaring out of the darkness. However, their cowering helps them hold still long enough for the flame wing dragon to cover them.

Terrified by birds already, the undead put Lail over the top and send her running back down the street toward the hotel. Bursting inside the doors she loses it and radiates fear and darkness to all the patrons of the hotel. They begin to panic. Some hide under the tables, some freeze, and some spill out into the streets adding confusion and chaos to the brewing battle.

Not wanting to burn down the whole town Sinder is careful about activating his firey aura, his brightness illuminates the battle scene casting creepy shadows but making it somewhat easier to see (Darkness penalty reduced to -1).

One of the creatures slashes at Merlaggon’s wings, trying to get at the men beneath. Although made of bone the tomahawk is sharp and Merlaggon’s wings are made for flying not fighting. The dragon can feel pain sear through his wings but they hold up to the beating. However, the blow sense a great sense of fear and darkness through the dragon’s body (OOC: Make a Fear check).

Near the construction site, Timothy is taken back by the undead and withdraws to cover behind some construction vehicles (OOC: Shaken). With Merlaggon providing cover Fell does what makes the most sense in a built up urban area with friendlies down range: fires grenades. Merlaggon’s big body is able to absorb the blast, keeping the workers safe. For their part, the two undead creatures manage to leap away from the grenades avoiding any harm.

Accelerating toward the battle Qooat manages to get into range of his Glove of Remote Manipulation grabbing the zombie man near the dead body and lifting it into the air Writhing it attempts to break free of the telekinetic hold, but is stuck in the air for the moment.

Coming to her senses, Cory attempts to banish the creatures back to wherever the came from. However, the spell seems to have no effect. Whatever they are, or were, they are native to this dimension!

Rolling up after avoiding Fell’s grenade the last creature hacks at Merlaggon with blinding speed and ferocity. It strikes twice in quick succession, one of the blows rattles the dragon’s nerves (OOC: Shaken, plus make a Fear check).
Notes
  • One zombie creature is floating in the air, 2 are hacking away at Merlaggon
  • FYI, in case you haven’t noticed make a Fear check each time one of those Tomahawks hits you
  • The creatures are -2 to be hit by ranged attacks
  • Reminder: Pace: 8; Parry: 10; Toughness: 12 (4)
Initiative
Fell AH
Qooat QS
Tim QH
Bad Guy 1 JD
Bad Guy 3 10D
Bad Guy 2 9H
Cory 9D
Lail 6S
Merlaggon 6C
Sinder 5D
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 am

Fell
OOC Comments
*One zombie creature is floating in the air, 2 are hacking away at Merlaggon
*FYI, in case you haven’t noticed make a Fear check each time one of those Tomahawks hits you
*Rolling up after avoiding Fell’s grenade the last creature hacks at Merlaggon with blinding speed and ferocity. It strikes twice in quick succession...
*The creatures are -2 to be hit by ranged attacks
*Reminder: Pace: 8; Parry: 10; Toughness: 12 (4)
*Initiative: Fell AH
The Plan:
Image
Move forward while switching weapons to sword (-2 map) and strike undead, then move more and "strike" with grenade into mouth floating undead.
Visual Happiness
Image
  • Fell grumbles as he sees the undead simply roll out of the way of his grenades. Damn. They move fast, Juicer fast. Moving forward Fell sees Merl being cut up and the Juicer growls unhappily. As his NG-Rifle drops the Juicer pulls his Great ChainSaw off his back [map penalty] and slashes the massive blade at the closest zombie [Roll Fighting at -2 and need a 11 or better to hit]. Damn it! The blade swings out at the zombie missing it. Be back for you later damn it all.

    [Split the Seconds, Second Turn] Fell continues forward towards the hovering zombie wondering why it is flying around like a undead canary. Stupid ass. As time slows down, everything moves excessively slow around Fell as he laughs loudly and red edges his vision as the chemicals Burn [Spend a BURN] through his veins like fire. Right hand slapping his chest bandolier the Juicer pulls a grenade out [map penalty] and jumps up onto the zombie [grappling opposed Fighting Rolls: Fell d12, Zombie d12+2] and tries to punch his fist into the zombies mouth to drop the grenade into the vile things throat [Roll Fighting at -6 (map and head shot) & +2 Touch Attack and need a 11 or better to hit]. After punching the grenade into the things mouth fell tries to kick off the creature into a backflip to avoid the blast zone. Swiftly arching backwards, the Juicer flies backwards away from teh zombies, twisting through teh air to land on his feet.

    Landing deftly on his feet, Fell holds his Great ChainSaw held in his hands. Fell has landed safely outside the blast zone of the grenade he used on the zombie, and watches the see the grenade go off inside the zombie. Still need to fight the rest but I gotta see this.
Round One Rolls
Fighting 1d12-2 = 2: 4 (((Suck! Bennie spent 1d12-2 = 3: 5 Sigh, even after spending a bennie I can't hit it. )))
Wild die Fighting 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 3d10 = 17: 3, 10, 4 AP 2
Round Two Rolls
Grappling Move Roll (Opposed Fighting Rolls, Fell is d12, 1d12 = 4: 4 ((( 4 sucks, so Bennie time 1d12 = 7: 7 with Elan that's a Total of 9)))
Fighting (grenade) 1d12-4 = 6: 10 add BURN add 1d12 = 10: 10 to the Fighting Roll! Total is 16 to hit.
Wild die Fighting (grenade) 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 3d8 = 11: 3, 2, 6 +4 damage head shot, raise on hit 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 1d6 = 3: 3 for total of = 30 AP8

9 Grapple, 16 Hit, 30 MD AP8 Grenade onto Zombie's mouth. SBT so my rolls to avoid damage to follow.................if the back flip fails.....

Back flip off zombie to avoid blast zone, target 4, roll agility at -2 1d12 = 10: 10 10-2 = 8 to back flip away lol - thank goodness!
Two Bennies and a One Burn spent in this post, and subtracted off character sheet.
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 pm

OOC Comments
Spirit: 1d6 = 1: 1Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
Timothy takes cover after seeing the zombies. Zombies? Why does it have to be Zombies? Timothy has a flash back to his time in Chicago.
Timothy remembers a dark dreary summer day. A day that makes these patrols better. While the actual temperature doesn't matter too much in the environmental suits, it helps not getting all muggy and sweaty. The unit is taking a combat engineering team to a bridge that the enemy has raised. The squad takes positions on the CS side of the bridge and starts to tactically take out snipers and leadership. This allows the Superior trained forces to divide and conqueror this side of the bridge. Once the CS side of the bridge is secured, the enemy side realizes what has happened and is able to amass a larger fighting force then was reported by intel. "THERE'S A LOT MORE THEN THEY TOLD US! WE DON'T HAVE THE FIRE POWER!"

Sgt. Ontario gets on the radio. "Call your targets, keep fields of fire open. You know how this works. Shut up and shoot damit."

The enemy forces systematically moves across the bridge. CS casualties are starting to pile up, both sides are running out of troops. If we can just hold on for just a few more minutes. Timothy hears over the radio. "Requesting air support. We need those Samas. Our posistion is being over run."

"Negative on the air support. No Samas available. Clear that bridge."

Fuck, no Samas support? What the hell? Movement by Timothy catches his eyes. "Johnson?" Pvt. Johnson starts to get up, but the life signs on his HUD are still flat lined. Timothy sees that other fellow soldiers are getting up with no life signs on the HUD. "NECROMANCER! NECROMANCER!" The dead members of both sides of the fight start to stand up as the CS troops gets into Hand to Hand combat with their own friends and allies. The fighting is intense, there doesn't seem to be hope. Timothy is caught up in a fight with 4 zombies, having to use his hand to hand, when he falls from fatigue and injuries the last thing he sees are the zombies being vaporized and mini-missles arching above. The image of a CS Maurader walks over to him to advance on the bridge.
Timothy comes back to reality. I hate zombies The sword drops to the ground and the rail gun is drawn. The quiet night is interrupted with the burst of automatic fire raining destruction into the 3 zombies. The night lights up from the muzzle of the rail gun as bright blue energy arcs from Timothy to each of the zombies striking each one. The railgun shots tear the zombies flesh apart as each round impacts it target. Starting with the two zombies right next to the humans, and the last two rail gun rounds impacting the zombie that has already tasted blood.

Standing there with the muzzle smoking from the shooting Timothy stands on guard for another attack. When the area is clear, Timothy will pick up and stow his greatsword and hold onto the railgun. Timothy will approach the team. "So much for standing around, lets go in and spring the trap and kill this necromancer bastard."
OOC Comments
Shooting ROF: 4 AP: 6 Flying target: 1d10 = 4: 4 Flying target: 1d10 = 3: 3 Left of Merl: 1d10 = 4: 4 Right of Merl: 1d10 = 4: 4 Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 2: 2

Damage: Flying 1: 2d8+4 = 11: 5, 2 Flying 2: 2d8+4 = 7: 1, 2 Left of Merl: 2d8+4 = 6: 1, 1 Right of Merl: 2d8+4 = 10: 3, 3

Extra Effort for damage: 1d6 = 1: 1 Target Toughness: 8 Total damage: 12,8,7,11
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Notice 16
Notice 1d8+2 = 7: 5 Ace 1d8 = 4: 4 Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3 Wild Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 Wild Ace 2 1d6 = 2: 2
SD_Wicked Queen in Command, Look at the feeble humans flee before me, and cower in fear! Argghh, these zombie fools will put a stop to my fun... It is time to put a stop to them. The girl we inhabit has had a thought... The power of those called cyberknights dwell deep within her. Its time to work together and let it out.
Wicked Queen Lail
Wicked Queen Lail.jpg
The wicked queen Lail laughs as the townsfolk add to the confusion or cower in fear. She knocks onto his hands and knees. She kneels next to him and whispers to him, " Don't move, and hold the door open with your right leg. If you must breathe, do so slowly and steady or you will negatively affect my aim... We would not want that." She runs her hand over the terrified face of the bar patron, " Its ok, it will be over soon."
Lail places her rifle on the back of the man using it as a brace, and lining up a shot on one of the zombies. Her eye glances down at the puddle beneath the man with a smile twisted smile. Must not slip on my way out.
Softly in a singsong voice she breathes, " Come stop your crying it will be all right. Just take my hand, hold it tight."
Lail's eyes softly glow white, and then appear to be her father's if anyone who knew him was close enough to see. From her hands a soft white glow of courage and righteousness cover the wilks rifle.
Action 1 greater smite on wilks rifle 8 damage courage and righteousness trapping
Psionics Ace Wild Ace Ace
Total 15, 5 ISP spent, +1 vs fear and spirit die type increased by one die type.
The gun glows brightly and out from it a familiar image of Sir Sayeen stands next to the wicked queen Lail. I am so proud of you my daughter, my Lail. He places his ghostly hands on the rifle as father and daughter get ready to let loose a laser shot.
Lail smiles at her father whispering the words she wishes she could hear him say, " I will protect you from all around you. I will be here don't you cry." A single tear drips from her eye, and before her heart can beat again she lets loose a shot at the zombie.
Action 2 split the seconds shoot zombie results in an 8 total Damage 15 AP2 magical courage righteousness
Shooting 1d10+2 = 5: 3 Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2 Bennie for extra effort 1d6 = 3: 3
  • The +2 is from gun nut
    Damage 15 AP2: 3d6+8 = 15: 1, 5, 1
Sayeen's apparition disappears, and the red eyes of the wicked queen replace the wizened blue. Even though her vision is obscured by the doorway she still looks around for what might be driving these zombies to attack.
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Qoat, one hand outside of the cab, continues to hold the zombie up in the air a few feet off the ground. He uses his other hand to turn on the engines of the Q-Mobile. May have to make a quick get away, or a barrier in front of these things to slow them down. He watches Fell move to one of zombies attacking Merlaggon, and then burn towards the one he has held in the air.

Image

"Two points!" Qoat exclaims from the cab. If the zombie still has a head, Qoat tries to pulp it. Otherwise, he tosses it to the ground to scoop up another.
OOC Comments
Notice:
Wild Die:
Total: 5

Greater Telekinetics (maintain grapple and squeeze to the ground) Round 2 of 3
  • Psionics: 1d10 = 9: 9
    Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
    Total: 9
  • Damage: 1d12+2 = 11: 9
    Wild Die: 1d6 = 5: 5
    Total: 11
Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 pm

OOC Comments
Fear Check: 1d12+3 = 12: 9
Wild: 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace: 1d12+3 = 5: 2
Re-Ace: 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Result: 17 - Success with 2 Raises... was that supposed to be scary?
"That was NOT NICE"

With that, Merlaggon will shoulder check (Push) both of the Undead next to him. If there is only one left by the time his turn comes around, just add 2 to the first push attempt.
OOC Comments
Push 1: 1d12+3 = 9: 6
Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Result: 9 to opposed Strength check. Each success and raise will push them back 1 square.

Push 2: 1d12+3 = 7: 4
Wild: 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace: 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Result: 7 to opposed Strength check. Each success and raise will push them back 1 square.
"Fell, be careful! Those grenades stung!"
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:11 am

After meeting with Sunrise and Mukwooru he heads up to his room. In the room at the foot of the bed is now an old trunk with a note on it. He goes over to the read the note.

Welcome back He Who Talks With Fire. After you left I collected some of the Items that was yours. I know your heart was broken after meeting with the council and the Shaman. But as we said you would return one day. To help The People. The shaman had a vision that you would need this and we were to search out a friendly Techno wizard. We did and had a talk with him about you He also had a vision of meeting us and was very interested in what he could do. We showed him your old suit and said this must be special for a young warrior who is on a vision quest. The dwarf took it and said he will have a special suit made. He then returned it in this truck several months later. Where it in good health and defend those that need help. As before your path is that as a special warrior no one people can claim you for you travel to help all. The council is proud of you. We will consider you always as a member of the tribe
He Who Speaks With Spirits

Sinder opens the trunk and sees some of hisold articles for the time he spent here. But there is an old friend, his first armor, but it has a new paint job with flames motif. As he lifts it up it has some strange things added to it. And another note.

He opens it.
Aye lad, I and some extras that I thought you might like. I heard you are blessed by the spirit of fire. And it can be tough at times when around friendlies. I have had several hot sparks hit me. So I hope this armor can help you in this matter. I added some spells that might allow you to close and attack, or if need be get your Arse out of the fire, yea I know it was meant to be funny. I hope you enjoy it and if your ever at the Center, come by and see me. And we’ll have a few brews.
Flint Forge Finder the Crazy Mage


Sinder puts the suit on and then slides the leather over it. And activates it

Back to the battle

Sinder hates these things that are beating up on Merl, “This must stop now. No one beats up on my shield without paying a price! "
OOC Comments
(Especially Fell, hehehehe just kidding)
Sinder shouts, "Merl get ready!"
OOC Comments
launches flame bolt spends 2 PP for +4 AP
edge: flame blast 1 PP for the cone and an Improve flame bolt. 6d6
He will spend 1 EP for Auto Ace
Auto Ace
10
Psionic: 1d10 = 9: 9 -2 range
Total 17
Damage: 6d6 = 18: 1, 4, 3, 2, 4, 4
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
damage add +4AP =22?
Everything Burns: 1d10 = 4: 4 highly flammable ignite
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8+2 = 3: 1 Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Banishment seems like a good place to start, a responsible place to start. But Cory is pretty happy it's fireball time. Three zombies might seem like the perfect opportunity for three fireballs. Cory has a different idea. Four fireballs!
OOC Comments
Mysticism (4 bolts fire trappings, two at the one floating, one each at the others) 1d10 = 4: 4 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 3: 3 Total: 9
Damage: 1: 3d6 = 6: 1, 4, 1 2: 3d6 = 13: 6, 2, 5 Ace 1d6 = 3: 33: 1d6 = 2: 2 2d6 = 5: 2, 3 4: 3d6 = 14: 4, 5, 5

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 20/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Venatus Vinco » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Up in Smoke
With his bio-comp pumping at maximum rate Fell zooms into the fray with reckless abandon. He takes a wild stab at one of the creatures which moves out of the way almost as quickly as a juicer. Without even slowing down Fell leaps into the air and shoves the grenade in his freehand down the floating monster’s throat. As he lands on his feet, the grenade detonates with a muffled pop and the zombie-thing explodes in a cloud of smoke and fire - leaving behind no remains whatsoever.

Seeing the creature disappear in a flash, Qooat grabs hold of another one to hold it at bay as well. Lifting the next creature in the air, Qooat leaves it wide open for Timothy to poke holes in. The monster writhes in as the rail gun bullets riddle it with high velocity slugs. He continues to pour fire into the area, causing the other monster to jerk backward in surprise from the impact (OOC: Both Shaken, wounded).

Shaking of the bullets the relentless warrior continues to hack at Merl, looking for its prey beneath the dragon’s wings but with o effect. The last monster has to take a moment to pick itself up off the ground after the rail gun impact (Shaken).

With on in the air and one just getting up off the ground, Cory has the perfect line on two fireballs each. The flame gouts consume their targets, setting their shambling clothes a light (Z1, shaken, wounded, Z2, shaken, wounded).

Zeroing in on the smoldering targets Lail is able to send one into oblivion as her second shot hits home. Only a swirl of smoke and smoldering embers remain after her laser strike takes down another one.

Leaning in with his bulk, Merlaggon tries to push the final zombie back. Unfortunately, the creature is very sturdy and does not move. However, it matters little as Sinder sends forth a giant flame bolt that rolls harmlessly off Merlagon’s scales but causes the last zombie to combust.

Nearby a crowd has gathered, but fortunately Gale has managed to keep them from getting caught in the fray. A quick survey of the scene reveals nothing. There are no remains left behind to examine, the creatures simply disappeared in a puff of smoke when destroyed. Before too long the Sheriff and his Deputy show up but they are equally puzzled. The two workers that the 1st SET managed to save are very grateful and offer to buy the group a round of drinks.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Sinder » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Sinder looks around, and makes sure any fires are snuffed out. “Is it over?” he says to no one in particular.

He extinguished his flames, as he heads over to the two humans that Merl was protecting. He looks around and tries to find anything left by the zombies. (Tomahawks) “I’ll move these two back Merl if you want to make sure all is safe.” Sinder speaks to the two, “You don’t know how lucky you were. you should thank Merl.”

“How is everyone else? I’m not sure this is really over until the elders tell us it is.”
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:49 pm

SD_Wicked Queen in command, It is never over Fire Lord! It will be over when the blood of our victims drench our hands. Lets see what a better vantage point might reveal.
Wicked Queen Lail
Wicked Queen Lail.jpg
Wicked Lail pets the man that she forced into using as a brace gently in a very creepy fashion. " There, there that was not too bad." She reaches onto a nearby counter grabbing a napkin and hands it to the frightened man. She smiles cruelly, " For your mess." Lail slings her rifle and steps outside grabbing hold of the door she uses it to boost her up to the top of the frame, and with some parkour stunts she swings, leaps, and climbs herself to the top of the hotel. Once at the top she pulls out her rifle and surveys the scene looking at the tops of other buildings for someone or something that seems out of place.
Looking for someone on top of another building that should not be there results in a 5
Notice 1d8+2 = 3: 1 Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
+2 for crazy
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Merlaggon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:50 am

"Cory, wanna come with me as I Burrow down into the construction site to see what is there? You know a lot more of these things than I do."
OOC Comments
With, or without Cory, Merlaggon will be flying over to the construction site and cast Burrow and dive into the ground at the site. He will be going down for 3 rounds if he has a passenger, and 5 if none. This will mean a total of up to 6 rounds with 1 passenger, and 11 without. This will empty out his PPE as he maintains it. He will also use Detect Arcana on the next turn after casting Burrow, also emptying out his ISP too. He will stay within the ground at all times rather than exiting into any chamber, etc that he finds. He just wants to see if there is anything there.

Notice: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 3: 3
Result: 6

Psionics: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4: 4
Result: 7 - Success

Magic: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace: 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Result: 7 - Speed of 12 per round burrowing.
After flying over to the construction site, Merlaggon takes a DEEP breath and breathes fire on the ground, then dives into the heated ground.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 2/3
  • Base Amount
  • +1 for Joker
  • -2 due Extra Effortto Intimidate the Alu
ISP :10 / 10
PPE :18 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: None
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 5
Toughness: Dragon Form - 39 (20) / 35 (16) MDC; Size +7
Toughness: Human Form - 18 (10) / 14(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
  • Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”


Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

User avatar
Flint
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Flint » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:16 am

Shaking and wiping a trickle of blood away from his nose bleed, the juicer dials back on the adrenaline. Looking around at the others Fell visually checks on everyone's health. Mostly making sure no one in the 1st died.

Hearing and seeing Merl's actions the Juicer moves towards the construction site. Ready for combat in case the young dragon stirs up some trouble.

"I suppose we ought to gather up over here by the construction sight in case we need to back up Merl."

With Great Chain Saw held at the ready Fell makes sure he has his grenades in an easy to grab location.

That went better than I expected. Awe crap, the hell? Stupid nose, bleeding more...
Flint
Stats: Age 62, Pace 6 (8 in Armor, +5 ft leaping, Wall Walker), Parry 7, Toughness (varies)
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d10, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Hindrances: Overconfident, Loyal, Anemic.
Skills: Psionics d12, Stealth d6+2, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6+2, Investigation d6+2, Notice d10, Shooting d4, Streetwise d4, Survival d6.
Edges of Note: Greater Bolt 6d8 MD and AP, Rapid Bolt RoF 3, Read the Current, Investigator, Danger Sense & Sixth Sense, Energy Control Fire, Rapid Recharge.
Psionics (Mega): Darksight, Smite, Telekinesis, Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Blind.
I.F. Powers: Broadcast, Electric Aura, Electric Mastery, EMP, Stormwalker.

Image
Full Character Sheet: Flint

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Qoat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:36 am

Qoat seeing the 3 zombies disintegrate, looks around for a moment for any other targets. Not seeing any, he powers down his glove of Remote Manipulation and pulls his arm back into the Q-Mobile cab. On the radio, he responds to Fell, "Bringing the Q-Mobile up, to provide support."

The engine already idling, he releases the brake and slow maneuvers the large vehicle to the construction site. He parks it so the headlights illuminate the area and also provides a reasonable field of fire for the weapons now mounted on it.
OOC Comments
Notice:, Ace:
Wild Die:
Total: 7



Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 30/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 30/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: The Old Ways

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Timothy comes from out of cover, picks up his sword and starts walking toward the construction zone. "Zombies. Two things have to happen. Dead bodies and a necromancer. Both have to be very close." Timothy is cycling in between all of his vision to see if he is able to find someone that is invisible.
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

Locked

Return to “1st SET Adventure Forum”