Mission 4: Colorado

Adventures of the Legion's 1st Special Exploratory Team.
Locked
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:35 am

Goodbye, Hello
Fate is a cruel mistress. Lial Gabbersleaf came to Castle Refuge in search of her father, and arrived just in time for his funeral. It was enough to make a person insane, or more so in her case. In a fitting tribute to Sir Sayeen the younger Gabbersleaf is assigned to the 1st SET.

Keen to honour their fallen comrade, the group quickly adopts Lial showering her with equipment, stories of her father, and a bump from a stolen hover jeep.

Following introductions the group gets some downtime at Castle Refuge to rest and reset before the next mission.

Payday
While at the castle, each Legion member receives their quarterly pay (3 months salary). The Quarter Master is also extremely pleased about the Mark V APC and hard drive the group recovered.

“We were able to trade that with our friends at Northern Gun for a boatload of weapons, medical supplies, and other gear. A huge win for the Legion, and I’d like to pass some of that onto you.”

Everyone in the group is given a chit, not redeemable for cash, to the Northern Gun store to outfit themselves (250,000 each) with some additional gear. There is also a separate chit to upgrade the Q-Mobile (250,000).
OOC Comments
Fell also got 200,000 for the recovered gear. Merlaggon’s salvage was 75,000. Go nuts.
Go West
After a few weeks to mourn and blow off steam the 1st SET begins to reassemble for a new mission. As usual Top Chief Elle gives the briefing.

“Hope you all are rested. Just as a follow-up to your last mission. Our scholars have analyzed the books and computer you recovered. It is not only a summoning ritual for the beasts you encountered but also a manual for their care and feeding. It appears the Federation may be attempting to summon and breed them for some nefarious purpose.”

Turning attention to the map behind her the Chief moves onto the new mission, “In recent weeks the 13th and 32nd SETs have run across beings whose only weakness is silver. We want to make silver ammo part of the standard issue legionnaire’s kit. To do that our dwarven silversmiths need a steady supply.”

The map zooms out to show the areas west of Castle Refuge, “Your job is accompany a trade mission to Silverno in old Colorado. You can only access some of the mountain passes during the summer, so now is an opportune time to go. The trade mission wants to make a few other stops along the way, in Kansas and the Colorado Baronies. Keep ‘em safe.”

MAP
OOC Comments
The map has info on a lot of major players you might run across. Consult the map before you ask me a question :)
After questions, Elle dismisses the group.

“The head of the trade mission is a woman by the name of Walcott. Look her up at the Outside Inn when you’re ready to go.”
OOC Comments
Okay, this week is for shopping and stuff. Next week we head west
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Lail Gabbersleaf
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Lail Gabbersleaf » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:10 pm

After the group meeting, Lail tries to say hi to Timothy the large imposing cyborg... She comes up to him in the hallway tears streaming down her face and a small box clutched in her hand. She stammers trying to wipe back the tears. Oh what do I say, my father used to let me play with markers... He must have loved this Timothy...
" I... I... I..."
SD_Aurora in Command, Abort, Abort implantation on this hulking metal man.
Overcome by her emotions she shoves a small box of black markers into Timothy's hands. Written on the box in Sir Sayeen's unmistakable hand is Metal Man. Lail retreats swiftly back to her father's quarters gathering the what little belongings she can find into a small pile. She opens his foot locker and to her horror sees 7 pictures of Sir Sayeen smiling back at her, each one lovingly dedicated to a member of the 1st.
SD_Chernabog, Awakening... Arising now for fell deeds to come!
Lail howls in rage as her M.O.M. implants brighten illuminating the otherwise dark room in a sickly red glow. She tosses the picture's out of the foot locker and sees a letter addressed to The President, Cory. Shaking with unreal fury she reaches for the letter, only to have her psi-blade burst forth splitting it in half. The tiny demure little child-lady Lail is gone as she suddenly stands taller than most her body sheathed in shadow and her eyes a deep red hell-fire. Her psi-blade normally a brilliant orange much like her fathers' turns into a smoldering purple. She draws out the newly given battle fury blade, and does just that unleashing her grief fueled fury on the room of her father.

Lail collapses onto the ground after demolishing the room. Large gashes are strewn throughout the walls, a large section is now open to the outside walls, allowing a vigours current of air to swirl around the room. He's really gone! Dead! Dead!! Near her she catches sight of her reflection in the shards Sir Sayeen's broken mirror.
Crying she mutters,
" Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide,
Who I am, though I've tried."


Her Psi-blade changes back into the familiar orange color, and she sheaths the fury blade. What did I do? What is in me? She looks around at the carnage she wrought to the room.
She whispers in abject horror, " No. No. What am I, what did they do?" The photos of Sayeen are strewn in pieces around the room swirling in a air vortex around her. The photo pieces are pushed outside with a gust and Lail leaps forgetting how high up she is after them. She only manages to gather 1 or 2 slashed photos in mid air before she plummets down the castle wall, or rather would have if she did not land in a heap on the back of one Merlaggon strangely flying nearby. She grabs tightly to Dragon's scales as the wind whips around her tossing her hair in an unseemly manner.
She yells with a bit of glee in her voice, "Thank you Merlaggon. Thank you so much!"
This is freedom! This is how we are all meant to be!
Lail grins happily as Merlaggon deposits her safely in the castle courtyard.
Still grinning after she lets go, she pats one of his armored scales, " I have not smiled since coming back, truly you must be so happy to be so free!" But I am back... So many people helped my father and now they help me. If only I could find away... What was that about the northern gun...
Lail pats Merlaggons scale one last time and walks in front of him so she can look him in the snout. Her sad smile has returned and she seems smaller somehow than a moment ago.
In a soft whisper she puts forth, " You all have taken me in without thought for anything, I do not have a need for this northern gun credit. If you let me I will talk to them and have 50k put into your name."

SD_Aurora, in Command: Abort, Abort, this red giant is immune to our implantation team.

Lail shakes her head and unexpectedly walks away in a coughing fit hoping to shortly find the Northern Gun rep.
OOC Comments
Merlaggon- 50k
Qoat-50k
Fell- 30k
Timothy- 30k
Gale - 30k
Cory- 30k
Sinder- 30k
Total: 250k
Parry: 6-2 for loosing it, Toughness: 13(7)+2 for loosing it, ISP: 26/30 -2 to hit if aware of attack, Quick, Split the Seconds
Active powers: "None"
Skills: Notice 1d8+2, stealth 1d8
Loosing it: -2 parry, +2 toughness
Bennies
2/3
-1 for extra effort to shoot a zombie
+1 for Joker
-1 For helping cory find bags

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:24 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d4+2 = 6: 4
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Timothy speaks with the quartermaster about his pay and is quite pleased about the little bonus. "Very nice, at least NG is solid gear. Thank you. I'll have to go check them out."
OOC Comments
See post in Mercantile Quarter for the shopping trip.
Timothy approaches Q after the surgery. "Hey Q? Do you have some time to make some modifications to me and my new jet pack? I would like to be able to just snap it on and work, without interfering with my weapon holsters."

Making sure the new implants are working, Timothy will locate Cory. "Hey Cory, we have a team meeting tomorrow night to discuss what has happened recently, and it appears a lot of people have gotten jet packs. It would be a good idea to develop new tactics around these jet packs. Attendance is not optional." Once Cory acknowledges the order, he will hunt down Fell. "Hey sarge. A lot of us got some new jet packs, we need to develop new tactics. I have a room set aside for us tomorrow night. What do you think?" Timothy will spend the rest of the days getting the dinner table set up for two, and getting discrete help on how to get this night to a success. A radio is set up with music from the golden age that has a romantic feel to it. He'll get the ingredients for something called Italian food. Lets see how well this works. Timothy inserts the chip with the burger on the chip. Timothy gets someone to check how good the cooking was. "Holy cow, that is real good. This should be a resounding success."
OOC Comments
Cooking: 1d8 = 8: 8 Ace: 1d8 = 6: 6 Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1 total: 14 success w/2 raises

Briefing
Timothy spends his time documenting the castle layout, and particularly developing a dossier of each SET member that is available to send back to command. TImothy is going to be spend a lot of time in the bar to accomplish this goal.

During the briefing, Timothy sees the new member of the team that he has been trying to avoid. Christ, it's true, the old man has a spawn and is crazier then he was. It took two weeks for the marker to come off my paint job. Timothy will record the mission both for the CS and the team. Once the question segment comes up Timothy will pose a few. "Excuse me Chief, Could you please provide any further details on these creatures that are a concern? Are we sure they don't have any further weaknesses? What are their strengths? How many will we likely run into if we encounter them? Do we have suggested tactics? What are the outcomes of the engagements with the 13th and 32nd? If these creatures are as dangerous as you make them sound, Wouldn't it be better if we performed seek and destroy missions of those who can summon them? Do we have any agreements with these organizations and nations?"

After the briefing, Timothy heads out to the outside inn. Before he can even get off the floor, Lail approaches him crying her eyes out. "O for the Emperors sake, It's been what a month since the old man died? and now I have to deal with this basket case. Timothy stands in front of Lail looking as intimidating as possible. Lail shoves a small box towards Timothy, and it is received with no response. After Lail runs away crying Timothy will look at the other team members "I didn't do anything this time. She is just as crazy as her old man." As Timothy walks down the hallways and towards the Inn, he'll open the box up and sees its full of markers. Taking one of the markers out, Timothy will look at it with curiosity and anger. Using his full strength Timothy will crush the marker. Timothy stands there for a minute with black ink all over his hands F'ing old man, even in death, he is still playing these dam tricks on me. Timothy walks to the nearest bathroom to wash up.
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Qoat
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Qoat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:47 pm

With the Fury Blade gone, and pay in his pocket. Qoat goes about upgrading the Q-mobile with an Ion Cannon, Mini-Missile launcher, and light railgun. He puts the feelers out that he's looking for a extra heavy vehiclular Naruni forcefield to install.

When they get the mission to go with the Trade route, Qoat listens, but doesn't have any questions. Why ask? We are sure to run into something dangerous and/or Walcott will want to take some unexpected detour that leads us into danger, Qoat thinks fatalistically, "What am I a juicer all of sudden, so morbid."

He tunes the Q-mobile, checking the reactor, and fluid levels. He cleans and stocks it up for a long trip, trusting the trade delegation to supply the grub on this run.
Timothy Hernandez wrote:Timothy approaches Q after the surgery. "Hey Q? Do you have some time to make some modifications to me and my new jet pack? I would like to be able to just snap it on and work, without interfering with my weapon holsters."
"Sure XO, but are you sure you want to be up in the air? Hopefully those new eyes aren't as glitchy. This is going to take a bit of time." Qoat reads through the specifications on the jet pack and makes measurements of it and of Timothy. "Leave the pack, I'll call you back in a few days when I am ready."

He works out the design to attach hard points to Timothy's back, and builds the necessary components. With a smile on his face, Qoat tells Timothy, "I am ready, I think I have an elegant design worked out." Once Timothy's in the shop, Qoat has him lie face down. "Take a nap or something, it's going to be a few hours for me to do the actual work."

He then modifies the jetpack, removing the straps and attaches a set of electromagnetic connectors to the jet pack, and a corresponding set on Timothy's back, so as long as he's close, the jet pack will snap to the appropriate location. He then sets an anchor mechanism in Timothy's back, so once the jet pack is secured, it cycles and manually locks the jet pack in place so it can't be knocked off.

When he's done, Qoat raps Timothy's head, "Wake up, let's go outside and give it a try." He loads the jet pack and Timothy into the Q-mobile and drive them out of the Refuge to the field nearby. Once there, he says. "Lift the pack and move it near your back, you should feel it tug to attach. Once there, you should see an icon in your vision to engage the lock." He watches Timothy go through the process flawlessly. "Alright, Iron Eagle, let's see you fly," Qoat hops up top the Q-Mobile and pulls out a pair of binoculars ready to see the show.

OOC Comments
Notice:, Ace: , Ace 2:
Wild Die:
Total: 9

Streetwise Looking for a contact to get a force-field.
Wild Die: , Ace:
Total: 9

Persuasion Looking for a contact to get a force-field.
Wild Die:
Total: 5

Telepathy: Telemechanics
  • Cost: 2 I.S.P
  • Range: N/A
  • Psionics:
    Wild Die: , Ace: , Ace 2:
    Total: 13
  • Effect: +4 to computer and electronic related checks


Knowledge: Engineering (Possible +4 from Telemechanics) Figure out how to make the jet pack plug and play.
Wild Die:
Total: 4 plus bonuses

Knowledge: Electronics (Possible +4 from Telemechanics) Figure out how to make the jet pack plug and play.
Wild Die: , Ace:
Total: 7 plus bonuses

Repair: (+2 from armor, +2 pre-rifts diagnostic computer, possible +4 from Telemechanics) Figure out how to make the jet pack plug and play.
Wild Die:
Total: 9 plus bonuses

Bennies: 3/3

Band of Mental Connection: 20/20 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 20/20 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 20/20 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 20/20 I.S.P.
Last edited by Qoat on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

Fell
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Fell » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 am

BRIEFING WITH TOP CHIEF ELLE

Fell jots down a few notes in his notebook as he listens to the briefing. He makes sure to say hello to each member of the 1st before leaving the meeting once its over. His small talk is brief and to the point: Hello. How are you holding up? Look forward to working with you more. Thanks for all your great work last mission. Go team. Afterwards he excuses himself saying he has some things to do before they all leave for Colorado.


BRIEFING WITH TOP CHEF TIMOTHY "DINNER DATE"

Later that night, Timothy hunts down Fell and says, "Hey sarge. A lot of us got some new jet packs, we need to develop new tactics. I have a room set aside for us tomorrow night. What do you think?"

The Juicer nods, "Yes. Alright. I'll swing by Tim. After tonight I, will, be gone a few days. I'll be back in time for our mission but I have a thing to do. See you in a few hours. Thanks for organizing this. If I don't say thanks to you enough...I'm sorry, I do appreciate your work as the XO"

Timothy then spends the rest of the day getting the dinner table set up for two, and getting discrete help on how to get this night to be a success. A radio is set up with music from the golden age that has a romantic feel to it. He'll get the ingredients for something called Italian food. Timothy inserts the chip with the burger on the chip.

After cooking the meal Timothy steps out into the hall and waves over a man wearing a Line Walkers garb. "Come try this and tell me what you think."

The Ley Line Walker tastes the Italian meal and his eyes open wide. "Holy cow, that is real good. You are part of the First SET right? "

Timothy is happy, thinking, this should be a resounding success.

"Yea, I am the XO. Why?"

The Line Walker smiles. Setting down the fork he was using the man says:

"If this is how you guys in the field eat, I seriously want back out there."

The man shakes Timothy's hand and continues, "Captian Vince Walker, Comms. I've heard great things about the First. Good to meet you Corporal Hernandez. I see you being a great Sergeant for the First once your Juicer Sergeant Burns out. Keep up the great work, and...at some point I'd like to hire you to chef a meal for me and my lady friend."

The Captain moves back out into the hallway and leaves Timothy in the room.

After Fell and Cory both arrive Timothy directs them to sit at a table and serves the two bewildered teammates the wonderful meal. Setting down the food and nodding the large borg leaves the two alone in the room.

Timothy thinks: If this doesn't help you win points Fell, you're a lost cause.

Closing the door to the dinner date room Tim leaves.

Fell looks at Cory across the table....


SOME CHIT OR SOMETHING

Fell visits the NG dealership the next morning. His eye roams across all the weapons and gear. More out of a desire to be left alone by the salesman, who tries to sell every damned gun in the store to Fell, the Juicer buys 10 Armor Piercing Grenades and leaves the store.

An hour later he reenters the Northern Gun store with a hand written list of weapons, gear, explosives and weapons.

"No. Don't up sell me, don't even talk to me. Just gather this stuff so I can pay. Hurry. I have somewhere to be."

Fell holds out the chit to pay.


THE DAYS BETWEEN

Sgt. Severin Fell, Legionnaire of the First SET, looks down the hillside, at the platoon of CS soldiers. Dark foreboding clouds move across the evening sky. Dark and angry thoughts drift across his mind. Fell knows he will either die today or he will live and never speak of this to anyone, ever. This is his alone. With a camo netting over his prone body, dark face paint on, and blackness in his heart Fell silently waits for the approaching night fall. His Juicer's Assassin Plate armor left back at the Castle he is wearing a suit of dark Triax T-10 Cyclops armor. Lifting the newly purchased NGLG6 Rifle with under Grenade Launcher Fell makes sure he has eight armor piercing grenades loaded in the rifle. Laying on his stomach the Juicer sights in the scope on a CS trooper. After dialing in the scope he sets the detonation box sitting next to him to ON. The mines down below become activated. A few days of watching the area proved that the CS regularly stopped here while on patrol. These men and women were assigned to the Devil's Gate. As outer perimeter security they frequented this spot while roving. Breathing slowly, Fell waits. As soon as one of the soldiers below moves, the mines will blow, he will play sniper and eventually mop up the last of the CS security patrol with his Chain Saw. Counting the CS, he saw 6 in heavy Dead Boy armor, a Dog Boy and even though he could not see him, Fell knew a SAMAS was out there and would rocket in to aid his fellow CS. Fells dark eyes flickered to watch a young CS grunt, the trooper stood, stretched and took one step forward. Chaos rained down.


THE OUTSIDE INN (SPIDER'S PUB)

The Juicer jumps down from the security teams combat jeep. The Legion Security team picked him up as he was making his way back to the Castle. They were kind enough to provide him a ride.

"You alright Sir?"

Fell looks down at his arm which the man is referring to. Rubbing the bandage on his forearm Fell looks at the blood stained wrap. Taking a few minutes the Juicer changes the dressing on his arm and says, "Fine."

Once they arrive, Fell waves and nods a thank you to the men. Fell walks up to the front door of the Pub. He notes the name change on the sign out front: Spider's Pub.

Grunting and rolling his eyes the Juicer pushes open the front door.

Damned place has a new owner every morning it feels like.

Stepping inside Fell makes his way to the Knights Table. Standing silently in from of the Helm of Sayeen, Fell nods, thinks about his near week trip to the Gate, then makes his way to an empty table. Sitting down the Juicer orders food, a drink, and settles in to wait for the rest of the First SET to arrive.

It will be good to put my sadness away and move on. I look forward to this mission.
OOC Comments
ImageT-10 Armor

User avatar
Timothy Hernandez
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Timothy Hernandez » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:33 am

OOC Comments
Rolls continued
"Sure XO, but are you sure you want to be up in the air? Hopefully those new eyes aren't as glitchy. This is going to take a bit of time."
"Yea, I'm one of the heaviest pieces of gear next to the Q mobile. If I can be more maneuverable, it will stop crap like the power plant and old ladders. I hope so too. Unfortunately, it took all 250K to get the jet pack, two chip readers installed and two high end chips. Take your time, we do have a couple of weeks, and I have date to set up for our fearless leader and mystical girl, but remember OpSec on that. Need to know only." Timothy will hold up his finger to his mouth and walks away.

Once Q is done with the designs and finds the XO.
"I am ready, I think I have an elegant design worked out." Once Timothy's in the shop, Qoat has him lie face down. "Take a nap or something, it's going to be a few hours for me to do the actual work."
Timothy gets onto the table and initiates Maintenance mode.
When he's done, Qoat raps Timothy's head, "Wake up, let's go outside and give it a try."
The system boots up, Timothy sees green across the board. At least he didn't screw anything up. Hell, he is a dam good tech. Once out into the field, Timothy test the magnetic locking system. The impact is more then he was expecting and has to take a step or two forward. "Wow, I think that is going to be pretty secured." The digital display Cycle between two icons, one to show secure and one for jet pack status.
"Alright, Iron Eagle, let's see you fly,"
"Iron Eagle, I like that. I like that alot. We need to find some eagle sounds now." With that Timothy squats to take off.
OOC Comments
Piloting: 1d10 = 5: 5 Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3
The take off is a little shaky, everyone watching was worried Timothy was going to crash right a way, some people made bets and some people made a easy fiver. Once he was past the take off, the flight was rough, but he was holding his own. You could think he was an experienced pilot getting his wings back after several months of not using them. Timothy will fly around and doing maneuvers until the jet pack starts to give warning messages to cool down. Once down on the ground, he'll look at Q. "Wooo! that was fun. Now I see why Merl, Cory, Gale, and Sinder like to fly so much. Hey, remember operation get Fell laid? If it's any good, I'll bring you some. Thanks."

Dinner

After cooking the meal Timothy steps out into the hall and waves over a man wearing a Line Walkers garb. "Come try this and tell me what you think."

The Ley Line Walker tastes the Italian meal and his eyes open wide. "Holy cow, that is real good. You are part of the First SET right? "

Timothy is happy, thinking, this should be a resounding success.

"Yea, I am the XO. Why?"

The Line Walker smiles. Setting down the fork he was using the man says:

"If this is how you guys in the field eat, I seriously want back out there." The man shakes Timothy's hand and continues, "Captian Vince Walker, Comms. I've heard great things about the First. Good to meet you Corporal Hernandez. I see you being a great Sergeant for the First once your Juicer Sergeant Burns out. Keep up the great work, and...at some point I'd like to hire you to chef a meal for me and my lady friend."

"Captian, Thank you for your help. I must be honest sir, this is my first time cooking, and the only reason I know how to do this a data chip. Some guy named Gorden Ramsee has really good food. I appreciate it sir, but I think your enthusiasm is a little early."

The Captain moves back out into the hallway and leaves Timothy in the room.

After Fell and Cory both arrive Timothy directs them to sit at a table and serves the two bewildered teammates the wonderful meal. Setting down the food and nodding the large borg leaves the two alone in the room.

Timothy thinks: If this doesn't help you win points Fell, you're a lost cause. Timothy then takes whats left and finds Q and anyone else from the team. "Hey Q, If tonight isn't a success with this, then either Cory plays for the other team or Fell is that far gone. Hey Q, do you think you could make disk holder in each of my arms? Say six each?"
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
Ammo: 32/28
Bennies: 2

User avatar
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Sinder » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am

Pay Day
Sinder heads to the paymaster, this is his first real time pay and it is already burning a hole in his pocket. As he waits patiently the Clerk looks at him, “New here, don’t know you, Name and Outfit.”

Sinder is proud of the 1st, and he gives his name, “Sinder Baron, of the 1st S.E.T.”No don’t give any more then they want let them get to know you.”

The Clerk looks at Sinder eyes wide open and a smile crosses his face, “Baron! Hell your parents are well known here. Yep your Mother with her red hair, always was nice, you didn’t want to cross her. Your Father, tough as they come. Are they well?”
Shocked by the friendly change of events, Sinder answers, “Yes last I knew they were doing great, I just wrote to them about Sir Sayeens death.” His mood changes a bit.

The Clerk sees he open a fresh wound and backs off, “Everyone loved Sir Sayeen, Sinder. He will be remembered for a long time. He turns the computer screen around and ask for a hand print and retinal scan. The computer confirms his identity. ”

The clerk hands him his pay and the bonus and smiles then says, “The wise thing to do is to start saving some of this, but since it is your first big check, go out and have some fun. Now the bonus is only for Norther Gun goods. Sinder nice to meet you.”
Sinder takes the pay and heads over to northern gun.

Northern Gun Market.

Sinder gets there and he looks for wheels he is thinking big he looks at the ATV and he thinks they would be good but, he likes getting in to the air a bit. He goes over to the cycles and sees that big NG-357

But he sees the price and he quickly goes to see the others. The NG-150 looks good but no weapon, it is great handling.

Then he sees the Speedster, it has a weapon, it is faster than the 150. Sinder thinks to himself, “Well this is just my first hover I can use it to get around here and I can have fun with it.” As the sale representative approaches seeing the hook has been bit, he smiles and quips, “Good choice for a young guy.”

As they talk Sinders ask about accessories. He decides that he would like the Mini Railgun. As for color? Flames subdue or bright he doesn’t care. They eventually close the deal and Sinder heads off to the weapons side of the place.

He looks at the weapons and decides that he has his flames always they are his go to but if there is a problem about the use of fire he is at a loss. He wants something lite and can pack a punch the NG-Super Laser Pistol with the grenade launcher, that sounds great. He makes a decision two of them would be good. A pistol is easier to handle on the hover. He gets them and a bunch of grenades. I think this will help with everyone if they need some different combos. “Dang I am Armed and ready to go. Hope the ladies like the hover."
OOC Comments
Speedster Hovercycle
110,000 credits
2 NG Super Laser Pistol @21,000
42,000
6 AP Grenades @700
42,000
6 FRAG Grenades @550
33,000
TOTAL
227,000
Add a Translator and a plug in port for his Suit
PG, page 106 @9600
Grade 2 Computer
PG, 104 @1200

Total 248,600
NG Credit left 1400
When Sinder sees Qoat he mentions, "Hey can you in some spare time look at my new Ride and think about up grades and how much it would cost?"

Go West


Sinder looks at the map, people can see a serious look comes over his face. "This is bad news. Native Americans, bandits, lawlessness, and more. Little Bird Sunrise, marriage? So close."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:40/40 Spent 15 12 left
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +1 post, +2
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP


New Cards 2nd quarter

(33)Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace
.


Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.


Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage

User avatar
Cory Tetrascroll
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 pm

MEDITATIONS ON LIFE
For several days Cory fast during the day and has only water at night. She spends the time slowly praying over her rosary, sitting at the highest point of the castle she can reach. She has much to ponder and much help to ask for from Sun and Moon. Cory had up until joining the Tomorrow Legion been on her own and been subject to only her will and the guidance of Sun and Moon. She helped people when she could, but survival most occupied her time. She knows she is strong, stronger than anyone but Sayeen or maybe Merlaggon appreciate. But the application of force, and her zeal to apply it, to see things burn in her righteous flame, frightens her. She puzzles over such unanswerable questions, not koans, but philosophical thought experiments. She is capable of killing both sentient and animal life, she has killed, but is she a killer? What is the nuance there? Is lethal defense ever truly justified? Such questions become more complex when she considers that these powers, these spells, were given to her by Sun and Moon. Her twin gods never instructed her to use them with restraint. They said, "Go forth.Defend life." Hardly the makings of a comprehensive gospel. Her instincts say she needs to be more cautious, but the fire in her soul yearns to charge in, to see what's next to look around that corner, to react quickly and not hide and ponder. In this way, she feels Sun the most strongly. She loves Moon, her compassion, the ability to see what others cannot, but her connection to Moon's power is not as strong as it is to Sun's. She remembers laying on her back on the surface of Moon, staring at the stars, and then the thrill when Sun would come into view and its powerful light reaching out to her over vast distances. When she was with Sun, she could feel herself powered by its strength. It wasn't just fire, it was the fire of Sun, the fire that gives life to the Earth. And she could harness some of that power.

Eventually the combination of hunger and meditative satisfaction reaches a point where Cory feels like she can rejoin the world with a clear conscience once again. She doesn't immediately seek out the others though. She had bestowed her some new powers, so Cory went off into the nearby grasslands to experiment with them. She had successfully cast one of them in the powerplant, but it was for naught. She does not quite grasp the full use of either the summon allies or the shape changing ability. Much practice is needed. As the days drag on and she gets distracted by other mysteries around the castle, Cory still spends a couple hours each day practicing her arts in private.

RUNNING WITH THE BOYS
Eventually the fact that Cory actually has money starts to dawn on her. Finally she can't repress the urge to spend it. To spend it all. It seems her money is only good at one store, so she goes there. Not really caring what it's called or where their from, she dawdles here dawdles there, pushes buttons or picks something up like she knows what it is. She takes a long look at the computer equipment, wondering if maybe a field terminal of some kind would be a good idea. But she shakes her head and moves on. Naturally, she runs into her teammates in ones and twos around the store. And equally naturally the discussion turns to "what are you getting?" Cory hadn't thought about that, but once she hear jet pack, well her eyes went wide, her heartbeat went up, and a wry smile crept onto her face.

"Yeah, like, I'm totally here for a jet pack. I was, you know, like just trying not to seem too, eager, you know? The sales guy is totally pushy, right?" When she can detach from the others maintaining some semblance of aloofness, she scampers over to the jet pack guy. Gives him all her money and runs out the door giggling, clutching the child size jetpack.

Over the next few days she slowly tries to reintegrate with the team. She is very welcoming of the new Gabbersleaf, speaking to her in elfish or talking about her dad. She's also very glad there is another woman on the team. The boy's club routine wears a little thin. She is also prone to moments of melancholy with Lail, often stalking away in a huff, because the young woman reminds Cory of Sayeen.

She's in just such a mood when Timothy informs her of a jet pack coordination meeting, Cory's mood immediately changes, she is totally ready and excited. She won't be just the little weakling, but flying around in the air, she will be equal to the big guns. That makes her smile.

AWKWARD
Trying to play it cool, she doesn't want anyone to know how excited she is, Cory is accidentally late to the meeting. She has the jet pack slung over one shoulder (the cool kids are one-strapping it at Castle Refuge, two strapping is for the elderly and lame) and nonchalantly strolls into the room, taking the first seat at the table. She is still being cool and doesn't notice Tim sneak out of the room. Without looking up she says, "So, like Tim, what's on the agenda?"

...

(It should probably be noted that thick robes and cloaks do not go well with jetpacks, so Cory is just wearing the basic mage armor.)

...

She finally looks up. Her face drops. The jetpack clatters to the ground. I am alone with Fell!! That guy!!

She stands up and glares at him across the table. Then she plops back down in her chair. Again feigning disinterest in the world, idly scoops up some nearby food and takes a bite. All but hopping out of her chair she says, "That's really good!" Then her eyes narrow and grow suspicious. "This was your plan, right? To trick me? Dammit Fell! Like it was kind of awesome stealing the jeep and running over Lail and, you know, stuff. And then you go make it like totally weird. I mean, seriously, what's your rush?"

Memories of fasting though and how her stomach felt on just water do not allow her to leave this delicious food untouched. She sighs. Sits back down. Heaping food onto her plate she looks across the table. "Fine Fell, whatever, let's have dinner. So, like what have you been doing. I kind of was like totally boring, just fasting and meditating and practicing. I'm like totally ninety-nine percent sure there's like some secret passage in the Hall of Hope, right."

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 5/25 | ISP: 4/25 | Bennies: 3
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Gear
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
  • +6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport

Overcoat:
  • +1 Toughness

Talisman of Marduk:
  • +1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance

Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
  • Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver

(Left) TW Club:
  • Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry

edit signature

"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

Fell
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Former CS Zapper, 13th SET Member.

Re: Mission 4: Colorado

Post by Fell » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

AN AWKWARD RESPONSE

Fell, who was completely unaware of the plan, sits watching Cory fiddle with her jetpack. He smiles. I just realized what this is, thank you Tim, but I don’t think she will be wooed. Yup. That look.

Cory stands up and glares at Fell across the table. Then she plops back down in her chair.

"This was your plan, right? To trick me? Dammit Fell! Like it was kind of awesome stealing the jeep and running over Lail and, you know, stuff. And then you go make it like totally weird. I mean, seriously, what's your rush?"

Fell sits quietly. Looking at her the Juicer slowly gets a wicked grin on his face and thinks: My Rush! Damn it Cory, I feel like telling you I want kids, I am running out of time, we must hurry or the Fell line will end. Haha. Except I have an older brother and a sister. Also. Except I don’t want kids. I wanted a relaxing relationship with….but I see that will never happen. I hate how much I like her, since she obviously hates me, in that way.

Fell sighs heavily as Cory sighs. Cory looks across the table. "Fine Fell, whatever, let's have dinner. So, like what have you been doing?” Fell thinks, This is fun. When did I get so old? I need an actual distraction, time to visit the gate. Cory is still talking, ”Not much yet but I will sure there's like some secret passage in the Hall of Hope, right."

As Cory finishes her statement, the wall opens, Fell raises an eyebrow, Now that looks like a secret passage right there. Moving into the room from what looked like a wall is Elle of Owls. She waves, makes her way over to the food on the table as the two watch her.

The Top Chief ohhs and then has a little more to eat, “Vince was right, yum.” Elle then goes back into the wall, closing the hidden panel behind her.

Fell rubs his eyes.

Standing up Fell says, ”Thank you for your time. Good nite Cory. I am glad you are a member of this SET. I am glad I have known you. If I don’t co…err. I will be back. I’m headed out for some solo camping. Be well lady.”

Fell leaves as two staff members of the Castle wander in, “What smells so good?”

I give up. This is insane. Time to kill something.

Locked

Return to “1st SET Adventure Forum”