The Workshop

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The Workshop

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Legion Workshop
Castle Refuge was made by dwarves, so of course there are a plethora of spaces for tinkering and emitting. During downtime the 1st SET has access to one of these workshops and a budget for parts, supplies, and assistants to create gear for use by the team during operations.

Budget: 1,500,000
Process
Post here as an in character interlude for creating whatever item you want. Include appropriate build rolls and list total cost, which will be removed from the group budget. If you have existing gear from salvage or already included in character/group you can use that as a base item and only subtract conversion costs.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Stormforge

Re: The Workshop

Post by Stormforge »

Two stops.
Gryphus stormforge takes a moment to get acclimated to the castle. He was looking down at the map the fluffy owl Elle had given him and it made no sense. This castle is like an epicenter of earth... So convoluted, and confining. So it takes him a bit longer than normal to find the workshop of @Roderick Wolfram and @Anon.

The warlock approaches Rod first looking up with a slight scowl because the room is so small. A small whisp of water slides across his shoulder paldrons of the combat mage armor he wears. A long duster that most heroes have completes his ensemble. ” Hi... I am Gryphus Stormforge. Well met. I knew...” He stops himself, and instead extends a hand with a series of tattoos on it. Zolo really had a soft spot for this fellow Rodrick. Many pages in her book were filled with her thoughts on him and the wonders of his dragonwing. I don’t want to twist the knife any further if the mercenary is still greiving. His mouth twists slightly, ” I saw you guys take on the legion of hell. Pretty remarkable. Looks like I’ll be joining you guys, and the owl said to come down here for any gear requisitions.”

Pleasantries out of the way Gryphus handed Rod a note bearing the legion’s seal explaining his assignment. ” You ok if I just look through the gear you have here?” He picks up a odd look helm that seems to have the ability to control the weather locally, or more to the point shape the elements of the air its self. His eyess scowl slightly as he looks arround the room for anything else, if one didn’t know him better they would say he looks uncomfortable inside.
Super Tech items...
Nothing other than his sig item. Seemed bad form to ask for more. Sorry, I’ll try to remember he is the “New guy”.
After Rod, the warlock heads hurriedly towards @Anon the TW for the 1st. The water wisp seemed to have rolled on being replaced by a little air elemental commonly known as a leaf reustler. Gryphus nodded to the elemental as if capable of understanding its subtle breeze, ” Well be outside soon enough.”

To Anon he tries to be warm as possible marveling in the technowizard’s craft, ” Greetings, I am Gryphus Stormforge. A warlock from the federation of magic seeking your assistance. My dear friend Zolo told me much of you and the shoes you would craft for her from time to time. I recently was assigned to the first and told to come here for any gear needs. I was looking for some kind of gauntlet that would have the spirit and power of the warrior infused within it. Peraps also aiding me in climbing. Also how any are you with combat mage armor? I see you might this set hear, a gift from Nostro Duscon himself, although I have had little use for the farsight power, I thought armor could be of better use.” He pauses for a second looking at Anon realizing perhaps he is overstepping in asking for anything, ” If it is not possible I understand.”
TW items
Warriors Guantlet(TW) base item: Wall Walker System: With these gloves, kneepads, and shoe-tips, a user can climb any sort of sheer surface—from smooth glass to rough stone. The character makes Climbing rolls as usual but ignores penalties for the surface. The system also adds +2 to the user's climbing Pace. (2 lb, 3000 creds)
Major: warriors gift(kn of warriors) seasoned
Major: Smite ( Shatter Point)
Major: Edge Elan
+2 Str: minors x2
PPTs per hour is 2.
10k, 40k, 20k, 20k= 93,000 creds

Swap out farsight for armor on his combat mage armor.
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

The following day Sinder thinks of what weakness that he saw with his abilities. The biggest is he is very limited when the foes are immune to fire! He also knows he has to get more combat experience.

Sinder to the wizards, “I would like to have something that might help me in battle Shooting. I hate to have to depend on flames alone, it not go to go against someone with just flames and they are also immune to it.” He stops for a second then he adds, “Sometimes, I would like to carry on in my parents’ line of work, being able to negotiate between two sides.”
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP
Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Roderick Wolfram

Post by Roderick Wolfram »

Rod whistles as he looks around the workshop. Looks like we could make some major WMD's here, he thinks. To Anon, he says, "I am going to claim the left side of the workshop, if that's all right with you. Let's discuss any requests and then prioritize them based on need and usefulness."
Stormforge wrote:The warlock approaches Rod first looking up with a slight scowl because the room is so small. A small whisp of water slides across his shoulder paldrons of the combat mage armor he wears. A long duster that most heroes have completes his ensemble. ” Hi... I am Gryphus Stormforge. Well met. I knew...” He stops himself, and instead extends a hand with a series of tattoos on it. Zolo really had a soft spot for this fellow Rodrick. Many pages in her book were filled with her thoughts on him and the wonders of his Dragonwing. I don’t want to twist the knife any further if the mercenary is still grieving. His mouth twists slightly, ” I saw you guys take on the legion of hell. Pretty remarkable. Looks like I’ll be joining you guys, and the owl said to come down here for any gear requisitions.”

Pleasantries out of the way Gryphus handed Rod a note bearing the legion’s seal explaining his assignment. ” You ok if I just look through the gear you have here?” He picks up a odd look helm that seems to have the ability to control the weather locally, or more to the point shape the elements of the air its self. His eyes scowl slightly as he looks around the room for anything else, if one didn’t know him better they would say he looks uncomfortable inside.
Rod takes the man's hand, "Welcome Gryphus, Roderick Wolfram, but please call me Rod." He pulls a folded piece of paper from his pocket, "Yeah, I got the orders for your transfer earlier today. You were with the other legion troops out west? That was one of the nastiest pieces of business I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of." Behind Rod, Beta and Charlie are reorganizing the workbenches and lockers on the left side of the room. At some unspoken thought, they both stop and turn and look towards Rod and Gryphus silently. "We've got lots of pieces of things, but nothing built as of yet. Anon and I are open to ideas of tech that we might need, but we are going to evaluate all requests before we start work. I myself found that even with all the power of the Dragonwing, I could do little to those greater demons. With Sinder, Anon's, and," Rod's voice thickens a bit, "Zolo's handiwork on enchanting them with some magic mojo, I was finally able to burn through their tough hides." He changes the subject, "What is your specialty?" Beta and Charlie turn back and continue their tasks.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Gryphus Stormforge smiles at the mention of Zolo, she and he had been pen pals for a good while and it was strangly good to hear of her exploits third hand. ”I requested Anon make me something with that kind of flexibility.”. A small water wisp formed on the ground in front of him rolling around the interesting helm he picked out. Gryphus fromed trying to think of how to explain his connection to the winds and waters of the world. ”I am I suppose for a better world a warlock. I have a partnership with a couple of primal forces in nature. Namely the air which you and I breath and the water which we drink.” A small breeze flows into the work shop and it rolls over Gryphus’ fingers like little dust swirls. ” When unleashed I can control large areas of the battle field making it difficult for the enemy to function. Great floods, or a gusty tornado. I can even shield us somewhat from glitter boys should we find our selves in the great North. ” Gryphus grimaces like he had tasted something better, ”I would have came sooner but I was delayed. Now, I just want a chance to show people that magic is a force for good.”
Character Info
Bennies
Anon

Post by Anon »

Stormforge wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:16 pm
After Rod, the warlock heads hurriedly towards @Anon the TW for the 1st. The water wisp seemed to have rolled on being replaced by a little air elemental commonly known as a leaf reustler. Gryphus nodded to the elemental as if capable of understanding its subtle breeze, ” Well be outside soon enough.”

To Anon he tries to be warm as possible marveling in the technowizard’s craft, ” Greetings, I am Gryphus Stormforge. A warlock from the federation of magic seeking your assistance. My dear friend Zolo told me much of you and the shoes you would craft for her from time to time. I recently was assigned to the first and told to come here for any gear needs. I was looking for some kind of gauntlet that would have the spirit and power of the warrior infused within it. Peraps also aiding me in climbing. Also how any are you with combat mage armor? I see you might this set hear, a gift from Nostro Duscon himself, although I have had little use for the farsight power, I thought armor could be of better use.” He pauses for a second looking at Anon realizing perhaps he is overstepping in asking for anything, ” If it is not possible I understand.”
TW items
Warriors Guantlet(TW) base item: Wall Walker System: With these gloves, kneepads, and shoe-tips, a user can climb any sort of sheer surface—from smooth glass to rough stone. The character makes Climbing rolls as usual but ignores penalties for the surface. The system also adds +2 to the user's climbing Pace. (2 lb, 3000 creds)
Major: warriors gift(kn of warriors) seasoned
Major: Smite ( Shatter Point)
Major: Edge Elan
+2 Str: minors x2
PPTs per hour is 2.
10k, 40k, 20k, 20k= 93,000 creds

Swap out farsight for armor on his combat mage armor.
Buildin'! Successes for Gauntlet
K/Engineering to convert the thing: [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:0[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Wild [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:1[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Success! converted (and I forgot his bonus from Machine Maestro)

K/Engineering for the first minor upgrade [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:2[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Wild [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:3[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Forgot the -2 for the minor upgrade, but remembered machine maestro this time! Either way, it's a success with a raise, which gets a second minor upgrade for free, so that covers both minors. Woot!

K/Engineering for the first major upgrade [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:4[/dice:22b4gcl3] (MM adds +2, major upgrade imposes -4)
Wild [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:5[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Success!

K/Engineering for the second major upgrade [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:6[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Wild [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:7[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Success!

K/Engineering for the third major upgrade [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:8[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Wild [dice:22b4gcl3]51923:9[/dice:22b4gcl3]
Success!
Anon grins at the newcomer. "You brought me something interesting. I'd expect no less from a friend of Zolo's. Let me see what I can do for you; consider it a little welcome to the First. It's nicer than mine. Mine involved a hellhound."

Anon gets to work, quickly losing himself in a haze of machine parts, wires, and (weirdly, given the type of project he is working on) munitions. He works for hours on end, hitting himself with a magical double-shot espresso (succor power) whenever he starts to get too sleepy or too hungry to keep up with the magical and mechanical inspiration churning through his brain.

"No, you go in there. No, I said there. No! You're going to be majestic, dammit!"

After days, Anon emerges, smeared with grease stains and smelling a bit on the ripe side and holding a gem-studded, matte-black iron gauntlet inscribed with dragon scale designs running down half its length, the thumb and first three fingers of the hand and inner arm showing scales, and the other half being smooth metal.

"Half-dragon." Anon says by way of explanation. "For Zolo."

Almost as an afterthought, he points the gauntlet at the Combat Mage Armor. "Yeah, I've been working on suits like this one since I was eleven. Not a problem, there."
Swapping Out Power
VV said it was cool, so I didn't do a roll. If one ends up being needed, happy to plop one down.
OOC Comments
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet
Roderick Wolfram

Rod sits down in the workshop at one of the terminals and begins working out the details of a few items that he thinks might work. The keys on the keyboard click rapidly as he drafts out the details. The view screen rapidly fills with his ideas. Formulas, drawings, then various simulations appear over the next few hours.

Not actually building anything yet, just working out the details for approval.

Base Impact Resistance Underlay Body Suit
Type: SuperTech
Powers:
Toughness: 1pt Toughness (1) + Hardy(3)
Total Points: 4
Base Item: Nothing
Time to Build:
Cost: 4^2*5000 = 80,000 credits

Made from old Mountaineer tires, the compounds in the suit were broken down into a viscous compound. The suit is form fitted to the wear by submerging herself into the compound until covered in a thin layer of the material. After a few moments it solidifies into a tough but thin and flexible material that is able to absorb energy from a variety of sources, and prevents multiple shocks to the system from causing wounds.
Improved Impact Resistance Underlay Body Suit
Powers:
Toughness: 1pt Toughness (1) + Hardy (3)
Super Edge: Battle Hardened (2), Combat Reflexes (2)
Total Points: 8
Time to Build:
Cost: 8^2*5000 = 320,000 credits

Made from old Mountaineer tires and sand, the compounds in the tire were broken down into a viscous compound, and then sand was added to introduce a significant amount of silicon. Nanobots were added to the mixture where they layered tiny bits of microcircuitry effectively programming it to actively work to maintain it's shape. The suit is form fitted to the wear by submerging herself into the compound until covered in a thin layer of the material. After a few moments it solidifies into a tough but thin and flexible material that is able to absorb energy from a variety of sources, and prevents multiple shocks to the system from causing wounds. Because of it's form fitting nature it naturally seals any cuts or holes helping the wearer shake off any disorientation and keep the wear combat effective longer.
Neural Paralyzing Cannon
Powers:
Paralyze (3) + Strong(1) + Projectile(1) + Area Effect(2)
Total Points: 7
Base Item: Light Ion Cannon
Time to Build:
Cost: 90,000 + 90,000 *1.5 + 7^2*5000 = 470,000 credits

The output from an Ion Cannon can be modified to create an energy field that while non lethal has the ability to create a paralyzation field able to block neural voluntary motor activity (Resist vs Smarts at -2). The standard functionality of the ion cannon is not affected, the user can switch modes as a free action.
Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stats
Personal

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Roderick Wolfram wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 am Rod sits down in the workshop at one of the terminals and begins working out the details of a few items that he thinks might work. The keys on the keyboard click rapidly as he drafts out the details. The view screen rapidly fills with his ideas. Formulas, drawings, then various simulations appear over the next few hours.

Not actually building anything yet, just working out the details for approval.

Base Impact Resistance Underlay Body Suit
Powers:
Toughness: 1pt Toughness (1) + Hardy(3)
Total Points: 4
Time to Build:
Cost: 4^2*5000 = 80,000 credits

Made from old Mountaineer tires, the compounds in the suit were broken down into a viscous compound. The suit is form fitted to the wear by submerging herself into the compound until covered in a thin layer of the material. After a few moments it solidifies into a tough but thin and flexible material that is able to absorb energy from a variety of sources, and prevents multiple shocks to the system from causing wounds.
Improved Impact Resistance Underlay Body Suit
Powers:
Toughness: 1pt Toughness (1) + Hardy (3)
Super Edge: Battle Hardened (2), Combat Reflexes (2)
Total Points: 8
Time to Build:
Cost: 8^2*5000 = 320,000 credits

Made from old Mountaineer tires, the compounds in the suit were broken down into a viscous compound. The suit is form fitted to the wear by submerging herself into the compound until covered in a thin layer of the material. After a few moments it solidies into a tough but thin and flexible material that is able to absorb energy from a variety of sources, and prevents multiple shocks to the system from causing wounds. Because of it's form fitting nature it naturally seals any cuts or holes helping the wearer shake off any disorientation and keep the wear combat effective longer.
Neural Paralyzing Cannon
Powers:
Paralyze (3) + Strong(1) + Projectile(1) + Area Effect(2)
Total Points: 7
Base Item: Light Ion Cannon
Time to Build:
Cost: 90,000 + 90,000 *1.5 + 7^2*5000 = 470,000 credits

The output from an Ion Cannon can be modified to create an energy field that while non lethal has the ability to create a paralyzation field able to block neural voluntary motor activity (Resist vs Smarts at -2). The standard functionality of the ion cannon is not affected, the user can switch modes as a free action.
After thanking Anon with a nod and firm handshake as well as instructing his small air elemental to assist with anything Anon might need he heads back to Rod. The mans aptitude for the fantastic while alien to Gryphus was something that had captured his attention. Trying to avoid interrupting him Gryphus inquires as to something that could give him half a chance to survive a hardy hit. ” Hey Rod, If you’ll pardon the interruption. Think you could make some kind of jump suit I could wear under my combat armor or street clothes that could give me half a chance to absorb harmful damage?”
Character Info
Bennies
Roderick Wolfram

Stormforge wrote:After thanking Anon with a nod and firm handshake as well as instructing his small air elemental to assist with anything Anon might need he heads back to Rod. The mans aptitude for the fantastic while alien to Gryphus was something that had captured his attention. Trying to avoid interrupting him Gryphus inquires as to something that could give him half a chance to survive a hardy hit. ” Hey Rod, If you’ll pardon the interruption. Think you could make some kind of jump suit I could wear under my combat armor or street clothes that could give me half a chance to absorb harmful damage?”
Oh ho! My first guinea pig. "Sure Gryphus, I've got a couple of ideas in mind, let's go take a walk and find some supplies...." Rod leads the man out to the motor pool, then out to the scrapyard. He looks around at various wrecks until he spots what he's looking for. "There! We need that monster tire." He points at a huge 10' tall tire from a mountaineer. After a too long discussion with the Legion scrapyard supervisor about why he'd want a tire that was missing a huge chunk out of it, he gets the tire for free along with a delivery since it takes it out of the yard back to the workshop.

Rod sets up a 55 gallon drum near the exit of the workshop. "Got to be careful of the fumes." With a vibro-knife cuts the tire into chunks and drops them into the barrel. He goes and checks his calculations then moves back over to the drum, the lump on the back of his armor moves slightly and a small piece drops off into the barrel. Smoke begins to billow out. "I've put in a clump of nano-bots, they are unzipping the molecules of the tire. As they do, they are releasing some of the stored energy."

In a surprisingly short time, the drum is full of a bubbling black liquid, that is just below body temperature. "Okay Gryphus, ditch the linen and climb in." He puts out a step stool and helps the man in to the goo. "Hold this cord, I'll yank it when it's time to come out, should be just a minute or two. All the way now, head too, just don't swallow any okay?"

K/Computers: 1d12+4
K/Electronics: 1d12+6
K/Engineering: 1d12+2
Repair: 1d10+6 <-This is the lowest skill.

Build Roll: 1d10+6 -2 for 4 SPC points.

Repair: [dice:1ymunno2]52001:0[/dice:1ymunno2] Success!
Wild Die: [dice:1ymunno2]52001:1[/dice:1ymunno2]

Rod pulls the cord, and Grypus comes up sputtering. He helps him out and before it entirely sets, helps him peel it off creating a perfect mold of the man's body. Rod takes a micro-cutter and trims the edges and sets in the contact fasteners. "There you go, may it save your life!"
Last edited by Roderick Wolfram on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Reaction to above.

Gryphus’ eyes are bugging out of his head. Sure he had seen the Demonix up close during the sorcs revenge. He had seen his friend Nostro Dunscon go off the deep end and mercilessly attack the coalition. He was even there when the CS destroyed the Grand City. He has face baby dragons throwing a tantrum only Merlaggon had dreamt of. But none of it... Non of it prepared him for a dip into the vat of bubbling liquid. At Rod’s request he just breathe as if the man was asking him to stab out his eyes, ”Say what?”

Behind him his water whip elemental companion pushed him in while removing his clothes with a sploosh.

Afterwards he seemed a bit better and less stressed. It seems as if confining spaces are troublesome to him. ” Thanks Rod... Does everyone have to do that dunk or is just because I am new?”
Character Info
Bennies
Roderick Wolfram

Stormforge wrote:Afterwards he seemed a bit better and less stressed. It seems as if confining spaces are troublesome to him. ” Thanks Rod... Does everyone have to do that dunk or is just because I am new?”
"Well, I wasn't entirely sure how human skin would react to it, but you turned out fine." He slaps the man on the shoulder. "But anyone who wants it has to climb in. I might be able to rig it as a shower, kind of like that chocolate fountain they had at the welcome back banquet. But hey thanks for being a good sport. Welcome to the Irregulars!"
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto came into the new workshop area and looked around, sizing it up for a long moment before venturing further inside. Identifying entrances and exits, getting a feel for sightlines...these things were virtually second nature to her now. On spying Rod, hard at work at...something...she went over towards him. Even knowing she was mechanical, it was hard to 'see' her as a robot now that she was outside her armor. Her appearance, right down to how she moved, was a flawless imitation of humanity. Only the slowly regenerating 'skin' over her left arm and hand spoiled the illusion.

"Rod," she said, and raised her arm as if to show him the back of her hand. From under the skin just past her wrist a long blade suddenly extended well past her hand, whirring ominously with the teeth-on-edge whine of a vibroweapon. "I would like to ask your help."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Roderick Wolfram

Alecto wrote:"Rod," she said, and raised her arm as if to show him the back of her hand. From under the skin just past her wrist a long blade suddenly extended well past her hand, whirring ominously with the teeth-on-edge whine of a vibroweapon. "I would like to ask your help."
With the various noises coming from the equipment, Rod doesn't immediately see Alecto come into the workshop. When he hears his name he turns to see the pretty woman standing arms length away from. "What can I," Rod starts to say as the blade slides out from underneath her skin. The suddenness of the blade causes Rod to back up on his stool, toppling over. Beta and Charlie both whirl at an unspoken command dropping the tools they had in hand. They draw pistols from their holsters, while Rod tries to the do the same from the ground.

Seeing her not moving towards him, Rod stops wrenching at the strap at his side. "Hold! Holy sh$t Alecto, don't do that!" Breathing heavily, Rod gets back to his feet and rights the chair. Beta and Charlie drop the weapons to a ready position, pointed downward, but don't put them away.

When he catches his breath, he finally asks, "What is wrong with the blade?"
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto lifted her eyebrows slightly at Rod's reaction, but decided against pursuing the matter further. It was often wise to let people get some emotional distance from events before discussing them, she'd found.

"Nothing. However, when my arm was damaged in the last mission, the nanotechnology that repairs my systems interacted with this weapon. That interaction has given me an idea, but I will need help to develop that idea. Your help."

There was a quiet hiss, and Alecto's arm split open along an invisible seam, previously masked by her skin. The halves raised out, then spread open, revealing the inner workings of her arm, along with the mechanism that controlled the hidden blade's movement. She then began undoing the clamps and fastenings that held it in place in that mechanism.

"The technology of this weapon is crude compared to what's possible. It is noisy, draws power from my system, and the movement of the blade requires frequent maintenance. I would like to re-engineer the blade, and its housing, to a higher specification by repurposing some of my repair nanotech."

What she's getting at
Base Item - Molecular Longsword (sci fi companion) Str+d8+2 dmg, AP 4, 8lbs, 8000 credits (800 SciFi cost)

Stun (Trapping: Electrified blade; Contingency, successful FIghting attack -1) 1pp
Parry +1, 1pp
Super Edge: Counterattack, 2pp
Super Edge: First Strike, 2pp
1/2 Weight, 1pp

Final stats:
Quiescence
Str+1d8+2 AP 4 MD, 4lbs, 332,000 credits

A blade crafted from adapted nanotechnology, the Quiescence can reconfigure itself while wielded to achieve the perfect balance, moment to moment. It is incredibly precise and fast to use as a result, enabling the wielder to react virtually at the speed of thought. The molecule-sized machines that compose its substance can arrange themselves to form cutting edges that cleave atoms from atoms. To add insult to injury, they are connected to Alecto's power supply, allowing them to form conductive channels that deliver a nasty shock...giving a potentially nonlethal way to incapacitate a target. Because the weapon does not have moving parts or vibration, it makes no more sound than a normal weapon when used.
OOC Comments

Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Anon

Post by Anon »

Glass Breakers
Glass Breakers
Anon really only needs these gloves when things have not gone according to plan and he finds himself in close range with something nasty. In case of emergency...

Base Item: Vibro-Blade Vambraces (Str+d8 MD, AP 4, +1 Parry, 8lbs, requires Agility d8, worn as a pair, 11,000 credits, TW conversion an additional 1,100 credits)
Upgrades:
  • Minor (5,000 credits): Electricity (Spasms) trapping. When activated (typically by Anon bumping his fists together), the gloves begin to spark and spit electricity as energy focuses along Anon’s knuckles and hands. If he manages to score a hit with a raise using these (no small feat for him), his target must make a Vigor roll or be at -2 to Parry until its next turn.
  • Minor (5,000 credits): +5 PPE, stored in the gloves.
  • Major (20,000 credits): Deflection power. The gloves summon an electrical field that disrupts incoming attacks.
  • Major (20,000 credits): Stun power, Electricity (Spasms) trapping. Centered on himself, Anon generates a concentrated energy field that stuns enemies around him. He likes to do this by clapping his hands together, though that’s not strictly required.
  • Major (10,000 credits): +1 die type to Fighting. This doesn’t turn him into a true boxer, but the electrical charge makes his fists move faster than normal, which is often enough.
  • Major (10,000 credits): +1 die type to Fighting
Total Cost: 83,100 - 5,000 for free Minor upgrade = 78,100 credits

K/Engineering for TW conversion: [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:0[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:1[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success with a raise, so one of the Minor Upgrades is free!

K/Engineering for second Minor: [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:2[/dice:3oj0hf61] (build roll penalty negates MM)
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:3[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success!

K/Engineering for first Major: [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:4[/dice:3oj0hf61] (build roll penalty of -4 negates MM and then some)
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:5[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success!

K/Engineering for second Major: [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:6[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:7[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success!

K/Engineering for third Major: [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:8[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:9[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success!

K/Engineering for fourth Major: [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:10[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:11[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success!
Anon can't get the imps out of his head.

In that last fight, the one that almost led to a literal corner of hell taking over part of their world, he had been pinned down by imps. Sure, there were extenuating circumstances: that ley line storm had played havoc with his Kansas City Long Jumpers, but even so. He took a good, long look at his Survival Knife, and decided it was inadequate.

Need something more.

After working on the Zolo-inspired gauntlet for @Stormforge, the wheels in his head start turning. Maybe gloves...

So he gets to work on something new. He takes a pair of gloves that any soldier might wear with his battle dress uniform and heads outside. With the careful placement of gemstones and a well placed call lightning spell, he captures the energy of a lightning bolt into gemstones embedded in the backs of the gloves, which he then covers with a semi-translucent, hardening paste of his own invention that holds them in place and makes them as solid as steel.

It takes days (especially with all the other projects going on!), but eventually, he slides on his new gloves and taps the knuckles together, lighting up the stones. He gives a grin, and heads over to the range to test them out...

Armor Upgrades
Upgrades to Body Armor
  • Major (20,000): Telepathy power, embedded in radio
  • Major (30,000): +10 embedded PPE
K/Engineering for first Major upgrade [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:13[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:12[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Success!

K/Engineering for second Major upgrade [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:14[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Wild [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:15[/dice:3oj0hf61]
EE [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:16[/dice:3oj0hf61] + [dice:3oj0hf61]52024:17[/dice:3oj0hf61]
Once the gloves are complete, Anon sits down to work out a new problem. Our radio signal was scrambled, and even I couldn't un-scramble it. What do we do if that happens again?

He spends hours researching, interviewing some psionics at the castle about how their powers work, and pulling spell ideas out of old tomes. It takes some doing, but Anon thinks he's figured out a way to magically simulate the effects of a psychic's ability to speak telepathically, and it's surprisingly simple. Brain waves and radio signals, he thinks.
Anon Adds Telepathy to His Spell List
Expanded understanding EP option. -5 EP.
He grabs his own battle armor and begins tinkering with the built-in radio. Time passes almost without him noticing, as he talks to the radio, and hears it talking back in his mind, telling him where every wire should be placed, every gemstone embedded, every circuit soldered.

When it's all said and done, he activates the radio and thinks a message out to @Roderick Wolfram on the other side of the shop. Hey, man. You hearing this?

While he's at it, he embeds a PPE battery right into the armor itself. He has to power it pretty much all the time, and he berates himself for not thinking of such a simple but useful addition sooner.
Anon
Character Sheet
Roderick Wolfram

Alecto wrote:
There was a quiet hiss, and Alecto's arm split open along an invisible seam, previously masked by her skin. The halves raised out, then spread open, revealing the inner workings of her arm, along with the mechanism that controlled the hidden blade's movement. She then began undoing the clamps and fastenings that held it in place in that mechanism.

"The technology of this weapon is crude compared to what's possible. It is noisy, draws power from my system, and the movement of the blade requires frequent maintenance. I would like to re-engineer the blade, and its housing, to a higher specification by repurposing some of my repair nanotech."

What she's getting at
Base Item - Molecular Longsword (sci fi companion) Str+d8+2 dmg, AP 4, 8lbs, 8000 credits (800 SciFi cost)

Stun (Trapping: Electrified blade; Contingency, successful FIghting attack -1) 1pp
Parry +1, 1pp
Super Edge: Counterattack, 2pp
Super Edge: First Strike, 2pp
1/2 Weight, 1pp

Final stats:
Quiescence
Str+1d8+2 AP 4 MD, 4lbs, 332,000 credits

A blade crafted from adapted nanotechnology, the Quiescence can reconfigure itself while wielded to achieve the perfect balance, moment to moment. It is incredibly precise and fast to use as a result, enabling the wielder to react virtually at the speed of thought. The molecule-sized machines that compose its substance can arrange themselves to form cutting edges that cleave atoms from atoms. To add insult to injury, they are connected to Alecto's power supply, allowing them to form conductive channels that deliver a nasty shock...giving a potentially nonlethal way to incapacitate a target. Because the weapon does not have moving parts or vibration, it makes no more sound than a normal weapon when used.
After getting over the initial fear of being gutted by the android, Rod investigates the arm. He moves it up and down has her extend and retract the blade. Pokes inside at the internal mechanism with delight. He eventually takes her over to a scanner and does a through scan of the appendage. There's a lot of advanced stuff in there, not quite up to my fancy armor, but definitely more than what Triax has got going on.

"So the cutting power of your current blade is because of the energy field. It's able to generate an edge that can effectively cleave the atoms apart, not as raggedly as a chain sword, but I see what you mean in terms of precision. If we can get your nano-bots to maintain the edge, we might be able to get the edge to the width of a single molecule."

He turns back to the computer and begins working on the specs. "To get what we need I think we need to work with man-made diamond. Creating a wafer that we will sandwhich between more conventional materials." He works on setting up an industrial press and coats it with a layer of graphite and then begins apply heat and pressure.

With Alecto's help he removes her existing blade and disassembles it. He pulls the mounting mechanism apart and preps it for the new blade. "The weight of the blade will be negligible, allowing you a few fractions of a second faster response time, I suspect with your own internal combat programming the blade will allow for lightning fast strikes as soon as a target comes into range."

"Alright, here comes the hard part, this type of work is precise, there is a distinct possibility that it's ruined entirely."

Build Roll: 1d10+6 -5 for 9 SPC points.

Repair: [dice:1x7rfb0r]52049:0[/dice:1x7rfb0r]
Wild Die: [dice:1x7rfb0r]52049:1[/dice:1x7rfb0r] Success!

Rod pulls the long narrow diamond flake out of the press, small fractures appear along one side, but stop. He slides the flake into the containment housing pressing the three pieces together and molecularly bonds the surfaces together stopping any further degradation. "Whew, that was close, Alecto, Can't guarantee that I will get that to work twice, but unless the blade snaps, your own nano-bots should be able to realign the molecules between uses. As a side benefit, your internal power source should be able to maintain a charge on the blade that can deliver a nasty shock."
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Anon

Post by Anon »

Sinder wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:13 pm Sinder listens to all the chater, "Sure the name isn't supper important but a name change is needed." "The irregulars I like that."

He ask Anon about a sword , "Anon I'm thinking of a sword or maybe a sword set, need something like Dispel on it. We saw how that kicked our butts right at the beginning. Then Confusion, that may make it easier for us to mix things up also non lethal."

Jack Pauses a second , "Oh, remember when they jammed our Freq? The dagger Telepathy, maybe Heal is needed too? might be nice to recover power also. we were running low on energy and just lucked out. Your good at this Anon."
Anon considers for a moment. "Well, a sword is easy enough to pull off, and most of the powers you list are no problem. Telepathy can be tricky, but I actually just figured out a way to simulate it into the radio in my own body armor, so I could try slapping a mini-transmitter into the hilt that does more or less the same thing..." He loses himself in thought for several long seconds, to where it seems he may have forgotten you're there.

"Okay. Sword. We can do that. Probably something light, like a vibro-blade to start with. Don't want to slow you down with anything too bulky or heavy. Let me see what I can come up with."
Blade for Sinder
Base Item: Vibro-sword (Strength +1d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lbs, 11,000 credits + 1,100 for TW conversion)
TW Upgrades:
  • Minor (5,000): +1 to Fighting
  • Minor (5,000): +5 embedded PPE
  • Major (20,000): Confusion power
  • Major (40,000): Dispel power
  • Major (20,000): Healing power
  • Major (20,000): Telepathy power
Total Cost: 112,100 credits (note: 10,000 in upgrades were free for raises on build rolls)
Notes: I chose the vibro-sword for its high damage output, low weight, and lack of a Minimum Strength (unlike the chain swords, which start at a d8 Minimum). If you'd rather a chain sword, I can do that, instead, but I would recommend dropping at least one of the Major upgrades and swapping it out with a +1 die type to Strength, otherwise you'll take a penalty to use it and won't be able to do the full damage when you do hit. You would also want to think about encumbrance, because the chain long-sword weighs 15 lbs, which is a good portion of the amount of weight Sinder can carry unassisted.

K/Engineering for TW conversion: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:0[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Wild [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:1[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Success with a raise! One of the Minor upgrades is free.

K/Engineering for first Major upgrade: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:2[/dice:3r5kuavg] (-4 for build roll and +2 for Machine Maestro included)
[dice:3r5kuavg]52066:3[/dice:3r5kuavg]
EE: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:4[/dice:3r5kuavg] + [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:5[/dice:3r5kuavg] + [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:6[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Success with multiple raises, so the other Minor upgrades is free, too! That saves 10,000 credits and eliminates the need for two build rolls.

K/Engineering for second Major upgrade: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:7[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Wild [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:8[/dice:3r5kuavg]
EE: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:9[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Success!

K/Engineering for third Major upgrade: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:10[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Wild [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:11[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Success!

K/Engineering for fourth Major upgrade: [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:12[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Wild [dice:3r5kuavg]52066:13[/dice:3r5kuavg]
Success!
Anon acquires a vibro-sword from Legion's stores and gets to work. It's not fancy work, but Anon has always had a fondness for vibro weapons. Nothing levels the playing field at close range for cheaper, and there's a reason pretty much all the bad guys use them.

As he works on Sinder's blade, he adds a few embellishments here and there. Ultimately, he decides the pommel is the right place for the transmitter, and he embeds there a bright amethyst to serve as the focus for the telepathy spell. Into the pommel, he works a stylized flame design, with red rubies to hold the blade's charge and to light up in a very cool manner whenever Sinder goes full matchstick while holding it.

The blade is the trickiest part, because he wants Sinder to be able to use all of the spells embedded in a way that feels natural. He doesn't try to spend the resources to make any of the spells activate when Sinder actually hits something with the sword, but he does make it so all the burster has to do is point the sword where he wants the spell to go, channel the appropriate amount of energy, and say the right word of power.

He mixes the work in with his other projects over the next several days, and eventually hands it over to Sinder with a note. "Make sure you give her a good name. Every good sword should have one."
Anon
Character Sheet
Anon

Post by Anon »

Approaching @Roderick Wolfram, Anon draws and holds out his trusty Wilks 320, grip first. "If you've got a minute, Rod, I could use a hand with this piece. I always carry her around in case we run into something resistant to magic, but that last encounter with the demons got me thinking she could use some upgrades. I've got some ideas, but this is your area-of-expertise."
Anon's Wilks 320 Upgrades
Base Item: Anon’s Wilks 320 Laser Pistol (already owned, picked up in Tolkeen War)
Tinkerer Upgrades:
  • Minor (5,000): +2 AP
  • Minor (5,000): +1 Damage
  • Major (10,000): Quick Draw (spring action holster, maybe?)
  • Major (40,000): Marksman (custom grip and sights)
  • Major (10,000): +1 die type to Shooting (gyroscopic stabilizers)
Total cost: 60,000 credits
Note: The trappings in (parentheses) are suggestions representing Anon's notes; if Rod wants to go in a different direction, that's cool with Anon.
Anon
Character Sheet
Anon

Post by Anon »

Improving the Ion Cannon
Base Item: TW Converted Light Ion Cannon (already purchased and mounted to the Mountaineer)
TW Upgrades:
  • Minor (5,000): Apply TK trapping, +2 AP for +1 PPE to charge
  • Major (30,000): +10 PPE
  • Major (30,000): +10 PPE
  • Major (20,000): Steady Hands (ignores unstable platform penalty)
  • Major (20,000): Havoc power (uses Shooting to activate)
Total Cost: 110,000 credits - 10,000 for free Minor upgrades from raises = 100,000 credits

K/Engineering for first Major upgrade [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:0[/dice:2a2nd6se]
Wild [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:1[/dice:2a2nd6se]
EE [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:8[/dice:2a2nd6se]

K/Engineering for second Major upgrade [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:2[/dice:2a2nd6se]
Wild [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:3[/dice:2a2nd6se]

K/Engineering for third Major upgrade [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:4[/dice:2a2nd6se]
Wild [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:5[/dice:2a2nd6se]

Reroll: K/Engineering [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:9[/dice:2a2nd6se]
Wild [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:10[/dice:2a2nd6se]

K/Engineering for fourth Major upgrade [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:6[/dice:2a2nd6se]
Wild [dice:2a2nd6se]52070:7[/dice:2a2nd6se]

Borrowed two bennies, one from @Stormforge and one from @Sinder. Thanks, fellas!

Two raises on build rolls above mean two free Minor upgrades, saving $10k and two rolls.

The smaller projects now out of the way, Anon turns to one that feels just like home. He walks a circuit around the team’s Mountaineer, trailing work-gloved fingers along the body work, mentally cataloging each dent and scrape that would need to be repaired. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how one looked at it), she had been spared the battle at the Hell Pit. Anon is glad she’s still in one piece, but it sure would’ve been nice to have some armor and an magical ion cannon between himself and some of those demons.

He grabs his field computer and begins working on a design. The ion cannon is great, but it could probably get a lot better with a little work.

He doesn’t notice @Stormforge’s leaf rustler trailing him in the garage as he heads to the Mountaineer, but the little elemental is there, right on Anon’s heels.

Anon commandeers a hoist and attaches it to the cannon. He removes the bolts and fasteners holding the cannon in place, engages the hoist and carefully lowers the cannon onto an oversized workbench.

Anon gets to work, bits and pieces of material flying as he wires, welds, imbues and screws. Maybe something to knock out active magic, like what was used on us? I just made something for @Sinder that does the same thing, though. No need to double up. Maybe something with real stopping power, instead? Like a telekinetic concussion grenade, but on a massive scale.

He reaches for a gemstone, ready to embed it in the barrel, and a quick motion catches his eye, distracting him and causing him to drop the stone! There on the workbench is leaf rustler, the small elemental darting across the tabletop to a completely different case of gems. Anon goes to retrieve his fallen stone and discovers it’s the wrong stone altogether! He gives the little elemental a long look. Better lucky than good, I suppose. “Come on,” he says to the little guy. “You can help me keep the barrel cool while I charge it up.”
Anon
Character Sheet
Anon

Post by Anon »

Alecto wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:46 pm "Nothing. However, when my arm was damaged in the last mission, the nanotechnology that repairs my systems interacted with this weapon. That interaction has given me an idea, but I will need help to develop that idea. Your help."

Anon can't help but overhear (and feel a little jealous that Rod gets to work on Alecto). Once they finish up, he wanders over.

"Okay, the arm thing. Does that hurt, per se? How do you register injury? Your reactions and mannerisms are pretty much perfectly human, which is super cool. You must have some amazing programming."

He thinks about how to phrase this next part, and then just comes out with it. "I don't want this to sound too weird, but could I look at your brain? I bet its gorgeous."
Anon
Character Sheet
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto glanced at Anon as her arm sealed shut again and the skin closed over the seam, making it invisible.

"The 'arm thing' is to facilitate maintenance. It does not cause pain. When I'm damaged, there is a staged response system. I receive feedback data from any affected systems giving a summary of the damage in an abbreviated form. I can then, if I need more detail, interrogate the system for a more comprehensive array of information. Since damage normally occurs at times when my attention is occupied, this helps ensure that I am not overwhelmed by damage reports when I need to focus on preventing yet more damage."

She then smiles a little to make her response seem less harsh and says, "Physical access to my 'brain' would require very specialized equipment to be safe. As gross physical repairs are intended to be handled by internal nano-technology, my critical systems are completely sealed in armored casings and do not need routine external maintenance."

"You have an interest in robotics then?"
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Anon

Post by Anon »

Alecto wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:37 am Alecto glanced at Anon as her arm sealed shut again and the skin closed over the seam, making it invisible.

"The 'arm thing' is to facilitate maintenance. It does not cause pain. When I'm damaged, there is a staged response system. I receive feedback data from any affected systems giving a summary of the damage in an abbreviated form. I can then, if I need more detail, interrogate the system for a more comprehensive array of information. Since damage normally occurs at times when my attention is occupied, this helps ensure that I am not overwhelmed by damage reports when I need to focus on preventing yet more damage."

She then smiles a little to make her response seem less harsh and says, "Physical access to my 'brain' would require very specialized equipment to be safe. As gross physical repairs are intended to be handled by internal nano-technology, my critical systems are completely sealed in armored casings and do not need routine external maintenance."

"You have an interest in robotics then?"
Anon laughs. "You could say that, yes. I have an interest in machines, Alecto. In all kinds of devices. They speak to me, and I can speak back to them. It's what lets me do what I do." He waves a hand generally at the workshop.

"But you're different than any other machine I've met. You're a machine who's a person. A real life, thinking, breathing person. Well, maybe not breathing, but certainly thinking. For you, that's just you, right? You're the only you that you've ever known. But for me, and for the rest of us out here, you're something we've never seen before. Most people get to be special because they are a unique member of their own species working though unique circumstances in their own lives. You get to be unique because you are your own species, and you are working through life with a different set of parameters than anyone else alive, at least that we know about. I don't know if the distinction means anything, but it means something to me. Of all the machines I've known and spoken with in my life, you're the first one with more than the echo of a soul."

He leans in, interest written clearly on his face. "Do you know how it is you came to be, Alecto? I know where I'm from, if not who my parents were, and I've got a pretty good handle on my childhood and past. What about you? Did you just wake up one day, fully adult and say, 'Here I am, world?' Or was it different for you somehow?
Anon
Character Sheet
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Alecto paused to consider her answers. Anon was excited, and asking several things at once. Any one of those questions could have been a conversation by itself. Perhaps simply offer synopses of the fuller answers to each, and allow him to choose which he would like to focus on.

"I rebooted several years ago, half-buried in a runoff ravine after having sustained catastrophic damage to several systems. Once the damage was repaired I was able to come back online, but most of my experiences prior to that are corrupted or fragmented too greatly to be re-integrated. I have since had very limited communication with someone claiming to have created me. There may also be others like me."

"I disagree with your assertion that I'm working with a different set of parameters than others though. My experience suggests the opposite is true. Since I began meeting people and forming relationships with them, I have observed many more similarities between us than differences. Perhaps my brain was designed to mimic the brains of other species intentionally. Perhaps it is simply that intelligence is intelligence, whatever medium it exists in. That is one of several questions I hope to answer in time."

She gave Anon a rueful smile then and added, "As far as having a soul, it is not my intention to disappoint you, but I have concrete evidence disproving that idea. On multiple occasions I have not only survived attacks intended to injure or destroy souls, but have been entirely unaware such attacks were taking place unless they were accompanied by obvious visual effects."

"It is refreshing though to be accepted as a person so quickly, without needing to prove myself. In the past I've kept my nature to myself to avoid that complication."

Alecto tilted her head slightly...an affectation intended to signal that she wasn't quite done talking yet. "You are a 'techno-wizard.' You can communicate with machines. Clearly this is not a verbal ability. Have you attempted to 'speak' in this way to me yet?"
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

"I was told I could ask for a new set of Techno-Wizard Armour. I was wanting a set of Heavy Crusader Armour that will fit any humanoid form I assume, so I won't have to carry multiple sets out in the field."
Requested Armour
Base Armour: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor: 55k (+8 Armour, +2 Toughness)
  • Conversion: 5.5k
    • m: +2 Armour - 5k
    • +2 Armour - 5k
    • 10 Internal PPE - 30k
    • +1 Die Vigor - 10k
    • +1 Die Vigor - 10k
    • Edge (Heroic) - Converts to whatever Humanoid body the Wearer assumes - 80k
    End Result: +12 Armour, +2 Toughness, +2 Vigor, 10 Internal PPE, Converts Size, 200.5k Credits
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Roderick Wolfram

Anon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 am Approaching @Roderick Wolfram, Anon draws and holds out his trusty Wilks 320, grip first. "If you've got a minute, Rod, I could use a hand with this piece. I always carry her around in case we run into something resistant to magic, but that last encounter with the demons got me thinking she could use some upgrades. I've got some ideas, but this is your area-of-expertise."
Anon's Wilks 320 Upgrades
Base Item: Anon’s Wilks 320 Laser Pistol (already owned, picked up in Tolkeen War)
Tinkerer Upgrades:
  • Minor (5,000): +2 AP
  • Major (10,000): Quick Draw (spring action holster, maybe?)
  • Major (40,000): Marksman (custom grip and sights)
  • Major (10,000): +1 die type to Shooting (gyroscopic stabilizers)
Total cost: 60,000 credits
Note: The trappings in (parentheses) are suggestions representing Anon's notes; if Rod wants to go in a different direction, that's cool with Anon.
Rod takes the pistol and examines it with a critical eye, along with the sensors in his helmet. "It's a fine precision weapon, we could probably squeeze out a few more ergs of power and focus the beam a bit tighter, those Wilks eggheads know their stuff. Let's get it disassembled."

Rod with Anon's help takes apart the weapon and they point, and comment at the various componets. They rewire the energy conduit to pull power more efficiently, reducing the energy loss between the e-clip and the weapon. Then with that additional energy enhance the output of the beam. With that done, they grind the optics slightly focusing it a bit more accurately. Finally the sights and the grip are molded more accurately to Anon's hand, arm and shooting style. Almost as an afterthought, the holster is modfied to make it easier to pull the weapon when needed.

1st Major Upgrade: 1 Die Shooting
Repair [dice:31mhppy1]52180:0[/dice:31mhppy1]
Wild Die: [dice:31mhppy1]52180:1[/dice:31mhppy1]

2nd Major Upgrade: Marksman
Repair [dice:31mhppy1]52180:2[/dice:31mhppy1]
Wild Die: [dice:31mhppy1]52180:3[/dice:31mhppy1]

3rd Major Upgrade: Quickdraw
Repair [dice:31mhppy1]52180:4[/dice:31mhppy1]
Wild Die: [dice:31mhppy1]52180:5[/dice:31mhppy1]

1st Minor Upgrade: +2 AP
Repair [dice:31mhppy1]52180:6[/dice:31mhppy1]
Wild Die: [dice:31mhppy1]52180:7[/dice:31mhppy1]

2nd Minor Upgrade: +1 Damage
Repair [dice:31mhppy1]52180:8[/dice:31mhppy1]
Wild Die: [dice:31mhppy1]52180:9[/dice:31mhppy1]

Rod puts the weapon back together and hands it to Anon in it's holster, "Here, go out to the range and test fire it, make sure it's working correctly."
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Anon

Post by Anon »

Roderick Wolfram wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am
Rod puts the weapon back together and hands it to Anon in it's holster, "Here, go out to the range and test fire it, make sure it's working correctly."
Anon grins at his fellow gearhead. "It's not every day that someone gives me new tech. Thanks for this, Rod. I owe you one."

With that, Anon takes back the proffered pistol and heads for the range, making time between projects to put his newly modded weapon through its paces.
Anon
Character Sheet
Anon

Post by Anon »

Alecto wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am
"I rebooted several years ago, half-buried in a runoff ravine after having sustained catastrophic damage to several systems. Once the damage was repaired I was able to come back online, but most of my experiences prior to that are corrupted or fragmented too greatly to be re-integrated. I have since had very limited communication with someone claiming to have created me. There may also be others like me."
Anon leans forward. "So, there are others like you? Of your race, at least? That's amazing! How did your supposed creator communicate with you? There is the chance we could track that communication somehow or otherwise communicate back!"
Alecto wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am "I disagree with your assertion that I'm working with a different set of parameters than others though. My experience suggests the opposite is true. Since I began meeting people and forming relationships with them, I have observed many more similarities between us than differences. Perhaps my brain was designed to mimic the brains of other species intentionally. Perhaps it is simply that intelligence is intelligence, whatever medium it exists in. That is one of several questions I hope to answer in time."
Anon shakes his head. "No, but that's exactly what I meant! To you, your life experience is .... you. I mean... I'm not explaining this well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have a bit of an extra level of uniqueness to you on top of your own individual uniqueness, if that makes any sense?"
Alecto wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am She gave Anon a rueful smile then and added, "As far as having a soul, it is not my intention to disappoint you, but I have concrete evidence disproving that idea. On multiple occasions I have not only survived attacks intended to injure or destroy souls, but have been entirely unaware such attacks were taking place unless they were accompanied by obvious visual effects."

"It is refreshing though to be accepted as a person so quickly, without needing to prove myself. In the past I've kept my nature to myself to avoid that complication."
Anon waives her off. Okay, this is a common misconception, that the 'soul' or 'spirit' of a person is somehow tied to their existence as an organic or 'natural-born' being. In reality, what most people think of as the 'soul' is just a particular type of, let's call it paranormal energy, conducted by and attracted to organic matter. It's honestly not all that different from PPE or ISP, when you think about it. But when demons 'come for your soul' or some such nonsense, they are usually drawing on or targeting that. This energy can leave an imprint of intelligence behind, but it's the intelligence, not the imprint, that truly matters. It's what makes one alive. Most machines and electronics are alive in a different way, a way that's hard for people to understand. They don't have feelings, per se, but I like to treat them like they do. It's a frame of reference that makes sense to me." He realizes he has rambled a bit, but he hopes he's gotten his idea across.
Alecto wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am
Alecto tilted her head slightly...an affectation intended to signal that she wasn't quite done talking yet. "You are a 'techno-wizard.' You can communicate with machines. Clearly this is not a verbal ability. Have you attempted to 'speak' in this way to me yet?"
"I... have not. Hang on, let me try." Anon closes his eyes for a moment, takes a long, deep breath, and then opens them. "I can sense your subsystems. I can hear them talking to each other, I can hear your circuitry working. I can talk to the nano-bots working on your arm, and could even tell them to go do something else if it made sense (though that would be tough; the programming on those things is well done). But I can't communicate my thoughts directly to the part of you that is you. And I can't hear what you're thinking, either."
Anon
Character Sheet
Roderick Wolfram

Workshop Budget Update.

Starting Balance: 1,500,000

Spent: 895,700

Gryphus
  • Warrior's Gauntlet 93,000
    Impact Resistance Body Suit 80,000
Alecto
  • Molecular Longsword 122,000
Anon
  • Glass Breakers 78,100
    Armor Upgrades 50,000
    Wilks 320 Laser Pistol 60,000
    TW Converted Light Ion Cannon 100,000
Sinder
  • TW Vibro Sword 112,100

Encumbered:

Merlaggon
  • TW C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor - Merlaggon 200,500

Remaining Funds: 604,300
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Roderick Wolfram

RW-01 "Purifier" Gatling Blaster Rifle

During the Battle of Albuquerque while battling Demonic Fell, Killimonde, and other assorted demons. , Roderick Wolfram found himself virtually ineffective against the various demons in the hell pit, their magical resistance to mundane weaponry neutering his infamous Dragonwing. During the battle, his magical and psychic teammates supercharged his weapons to great effect. In one instance Anon Smith, the team's Techno-Wizard, enhanced one of the lasers, creating silver-jacketed photons. In the RW-01, Rod has duplicated this effect by passing the particle beam through a layer of silver in sufficient quantities to make the beam deadly to most evil creatures.

Base Weapon

Particle Accelerator Gatling Blaster (SFC p21)
  • Range: 24/48/96
  • Damage: 2d8+4 AP2
  • ROF: 4
  • Shots: 100
  • Min Str: d6
  • Weight: 12
  • Cost: 80,000 credits
Tinkerer Modifications
  • Minor: Silver Trapping
  • Minor: +2 AP
  • Major: +50% Range
  • Major: +50% Capacity
  • Major: Heavy Weapon (takes 10 shots)
Cost: 40,000 credits

Final:

RW-01 "Purifier" Particle Accelerator Gatling Blaster Rifle
RW-01 Purifier Gatling Particle Beam Blaster Rifle v2.png
RW-01 Purifier Gatling Particle Beam Blaster Rifle v2.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 18712 times
  • Range: 36/72/144
  • Damage: 2d8+4 AP4 (Silver)
  • Shots: 150
  • Cost: 120,000 credits
  • Notes: -2 to Repair attempts. Silver Trapping. As an action have the particle beam do Mega Damage (uses 10 ammo per shot).
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

This cool.

Does MD take more power?

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Roderick Wolfram

Venatus Vinco wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:18 pm This cool.

Does MD take more power?

VV
I’ve followed the SR example where an MD shot takes 10 normal shots.
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Anon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm Anon leans forward. "So, there are others like you? Of your race, at least? That's amazing! How did your supposed creator communicate with you? There is the chance we could track that communication somehow or otherwise communicate back!"
"There appear to be, though I do not believe I am a 'race' by any normal usage of the term. I was contacted by radio. Tracking it is unlikely to be useful without a constant source. Communicating back..." Alecto pauses momentarily. "...is not something I would do lightly."
Anon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm Anon shakes his head. "No, but that's exactly what I meant! To you, your life experience is .... you. I mean... I'm not explaining this well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have a bit of an extra level of uniqueness to you on top of your own individual uniqueness, if that makes any sense?"
Alecto simply shrugs, then nods, allowing Anon to continue talking at that.
Anon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm Anon waives her off. Okay, this is a common misconception, that the 'soul' or 'spirit' of a person is somehow tied to their existence as an organic or 'natural-born' being. In reality, what most people think of as the 'soul' is just a particular type of, let's call it paranormal energy, conducted by and attracted to organic matter. It's honestly not all that different from PPE or ISP, when you think about it. But when demons 'come for your soul' or some such nonsense, they are usually drawing on or targeting that. This energy can leave an imprint of intelligence behind, but it's the intelligence, not the imprint, that truly matters. It's what makes one alive. Most machines and electronics are alive in a different way, a way that's hard for people to understand. They don't have feelings, per se, but I like to treat them like they do. It's a frame of reference that makes sense to me." He realizes he has rambled a bit, but he hopes he's gotten his idea across.
"Though I have very little practical experience in the matter," Alecto says carefully, "it has been my experience that living beings appear to be associated with a kind of energy that is very rarely directly observable. I intuit its existence from its effects. We may be using the term 'soul' or 'spirit' to refer to different things. When you say paranormal energy, that appears to be equivalent to, or perhaps only related to, what I have seen referred to as a 'soul' by practitioners of magic. I am not associated with any such energy."

"I am curious then, what you are referring to when you use the word soul."

Anon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm "I... have not. Hang on, let me try." Anon closes his eyes for a moment, takes a long, deep breath, and then opens them. "I can sense your subsystems. I can hear them talking to each other, I can hear your circuitry working. I can talk to the nano-bots working on your arm, and could even tell them to go do something else if it made sense (though that would be tough; the programming on those things is well done). But I can't communicate my thoughts directly to the part of you that is you. And I can't hear what you're thinking, either."
"Strange. I wouldn't expect there to be a qualitative difference between my 'mind' and the operation of my subsystems. I have previously concluded my experience of a subjective consciousness may be the result of damage or malfunction. I am unsure if this supports or refutes this theory."
OOC Comments

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Dependency (Power) (-2)

Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances

Edges
Upgradable
Brave (+2 vs fear)

Core Electronics (1)
Optics Package (1)
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
Targeting Eye (1)
Nano-Repair System (2)
Built in Weaponry (1)

Gear
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun

Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Min str d8

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Roderick Wolfram

With the team's requests for the moment taken care of, Rod goes back to his own notes. The demon's immunity to damage is a significant edge. But what Anon did to the laser cannon. If I could something similar. Maybe a particle beam, where the particles contain silver atoms... he chuckles, they'd be in for quite a surprise, especially if they expend their precious magical energy trying to dispel something isn't magical. A prototype is what I need.

Rod goes back out to the quartermaster and requests to look at the non-functional items. He finds a d-bee gatling style particle beam rifle. This will do nicely!

He takes it back and disassembles the weapon and studies all it's parts, noting where he could improve on the design. The higher density of the silver, will have two potential benefits, increased capacity and range. Increasing the amount of energy ten fold when needed, might make the beam strong enough to handle military grade armor as well.

Major: +50% Range
Repair: [dice:3ivbbqo6]52615:0[/dice:3ivbbqo6] | Success with a raise, add Minor: Silver Trapping
Wild Die: [dice:3ivbbqo6]52615:1[/dice:3ivbbqo6]

Major: +50% Capacity
Repair: [dice:3ivbbqo6]52615:2[/dice:3ivbbqo6] | Success with a raise, add Minor: +2 AP
Wild Die: [dice:3ivbbqo6]52615:3[/dice:3ivbbqo6]

Major: Heavy Weapon
Repair: [dice:3ivbbqo6]52615:4[/dice:3ivbbqo6]
Wild Die: [dice:3ivbbqo6]52615:5[/dice:3ivbbqo6]

Final:

RW-01 "Purifier" Particle Accelerator Gatling Blaster Rifle
RW-01 Purifier Gatling Particle Beam Blaster Rifle v2.png
  • Range: 36/72/144
  • Damage: 2d8+4 AP4 (Silver)
  • Shots: 150
  • Cost: 120,000 credits
  • Notes: -2 to Repair attempts. Silver Trapping. As an action have the particle beam do Mega Damage (uses 10 ammo per shot).

After a few days of work, Rod finishes as he puts the final polish on the barrel. "This will do nicely, yes it will."

He will want 4 additional particle packs: 20 x 100 = 2000 credits each, final cost for project: 128,000 credits.

Remaining Funds: 476,300 credits
Stats
Personal

* from SuperTech device

Dragonwing

Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet

Return to “1st SET Adventures”