Refuge at the Castle

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Refuge at the Castle

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Castle Refuge
Upon arrival back at Castle Refuge the 1st SET is given some time to rest and recover before being subjected to a massive amount of briefings - it's not everyday a gate to hell is closed. From what the group can gather there are numerous other gates forming across the continent, perhaps signalling a major demonic offensive into this world. Many heroes are gathering to investigate but the actions of the 1st SET has bought the world some time and brought light to the problem before it was too late.

Given so much turmoil after an extended mission the team is given some extensive downtime to take care of personal business and train new personnel. Sadly, Cory reveals she must leave the group as the Sun and the Moon are calling her on a spirit quest. Her return is uncertain as she could be called anywhere the sun shines or where the moon lights. In the meantime, the group meets Gryphus - at True Atlantean who was a friend of Zolo's.
Farewell to Cory
Post a Cory anecdote from your character's perspective and gain +1 XP
Open Role Play
Use this thread to interact, describe your down time, etc.

Use the workshop thread for an work on equipment/gear using TW or Superscientist abilities
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Anarik Ebonlocke

Re: Refuge at the Castle

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Anarik was grateful to be back at the castle and out of the field. In the expansive library he could continue his research into the demons of this world. Walking down the corridors, Anarik found himself outside of Cory’s room as she packed. Ilserayne lurked in the corridor outside her door.

“I bet you’d enjoy it,” the succubus cooed. “I could even be that guy everyone says you liked.” She shapeshifted into a non-demonic looking version of that man Fell they had fought in the hell pit.

“That is enough, Ilse,” Anarik said. “Run along and go corrupt a cyber-knight.”

Fell pouted cutely, then turned back into the hot, busty succubus and sauntered off.

“I apologize for my companion’s bothering you,” Anarik apologized.

Cory just stared daggers at the demon summoner, slung her pack on her back, raised two middle fingers at him, and pushed her way past.

“Yes, of course it was nice knowing you and killing your bitter ex-boyfriend from literal hell,” Anarik shot back.
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Anarik Ebonlocke wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:06 am Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Anarik was grateful to be back at the castle and out of the field. In the expansive library he could continue his research into the demons of this world. Walking down the corridors, Anarik found himself outside of Cory’s room as she packed. Ilserayne lurked in the corridor outside her door.

“I bet you’d enjoy it,” the succubus cooed. “I could even be that guy everyone says you liked.” She shapeshifted into a non-demonic looking version of that man Fell they had fought in the hell pit.

“That is enough, Ilse,” Anarik said. “Run along and go corrupt a cyber-knight.”

Fell pouted cutely, then turned back into the hot, busty succubus and sauntered off.

“I apologize for my companion’s bothering you,” Anarik apologized.

Cory just stared daggers at the demon summoner, slung her pack on her back, raised two middle fingers at him, and pushed her way past.

“Yes, of course it was nice knowing you and killing your bitter ex-boyfriend from literal hell,” Anarik shot back.
Cory ran right into Gryphus Stormforge nearly knocking the man over. A small little air spirit flitter about on the True Atlantean’s shoulder rustling and blowing a soft breeze through the hallway. Cory nearly broke her two middle fingers extending them as far as they could go. She yelled at him, ”What the fuck are you bozo? Gandyoff the storm wizard? Go piss yourself.”

Gryphus Stormforge raised an eye from the book he was reading. Ahh must be Cory leader of the 1st, or perhaps ex leader if the rumors were to be true. Zolo often postulated her drive to find and dystroy fell was driven by a powerful emotion: love. Gryphus glanced at the shifter in the hall, @Anarik Ebonlocke and then back at Cory whom was fuming roaring up to deliver a swift kick to the groin area. The warlock wrapped his arms arround Cory softing wispering, ” I am sorry for your loss, if you want to talk I can always lend an ear.” Perhaps a bit uncharacteristic for a warlock that might just normally ramble about how the elements each had a time and place to end.

Cory’s response was perhaps typical for those that knew her. She let loose with the kick to the balls yelling, ” Get off me you pervert! Next time I see you I will have the Sun fry your smug face.” With that she stormed down the hall.

Smug? I was sincere... After a moment of feeling unending pain, Gryphus Stormforge rose and walked over to @Anarik Ebonlocke extending a hand. ” She is sure a little ball of fire eh? I am Gryphus Stormforge.”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder arrives back at the castle. He has mixed feelings. He has lost a family friend found another friend GF maybe soon wife. Then found the old friend’s daughter and lost her and lost her again. Saw his commander die then turned into a demon and saw him fall. Saul came and then left with his demon child. Elle was leading them but was a demon. They found the real Elle. In all very confusing and massive amount of change in spectrum of feelings. Feelings that end with the death of Zolo

Family is the only thing holding him together. Mother, Father, Sisters, and now girlfriend, Rylee and a new child. Oh let us not forget his brothers in arms. Who also went through this experience? Sinder was physically and mentally drained after the battle. Now he is here at the what would be called Home, and time to recoup and rethink.

When Cory says she has to move on he understands and wishes her, “Good luck and a good path." He gives her a hug and says, “Don’t be a stranger. You are part of my family now.” “Cory when I first saw her, I was wondering where this young Girl came from and what she is doing here. Well after the first battle I began to realize that this young lady was actually the one who guided the powerful group from behind the scene. She was wise beyond her age, and the power she wielded was part hers and part of a young dragon named Merl these to were unstoppable. She grew up to quickly she became the leader , yes a teenage Lady lead the mighty 1st. this reminds me of storries of Great teen age Ladies that were the turning point in history Pocahontas, Sacajawea, Lilly Langon and now Cory ”

He spends a day with Rylee and she says she must go and bring her child here she would not say if it was a boy or girl, just like her she wants to shock him. She leaves with Mother and sister.

The following day Sinder thinks of what weakness that he saw with his abilities. The biggest is he is very limited when the foes are immune to fire! He also knows he has to get more combat experience.

Sinder tries to Wheel and Deal. First Northern Gun Rep speaking with him, “OK I know you’re in the business to make money. And I know that usually when you trade something in, you have to come up with the difference. But what if this is a historical piece. Say one ridden by a group of which a hero led a couple of charges in to battles that saved the world. Would that be maybe a few upgrades? Think of packing this back to NG and having it on displayed. Think of the pride of your workers to know that their effort was on the tip of the Spear? Need a couple of pictures? Think of the selling points to customers to know they have a vehicle like the own that help saved the world. If I remember your people sold this to me. Oh, and What about a match set of NG-”

Sinder to the wizards, “I would like to have something that might help me in battle Shooting. I hate to have to depend on flames alone, it not go to go against someone with just flames and they are also immune to it.” He stops for a second then he adds, “Sometimes, I would like to carry on in my parents’ line of work, being able to negotiate between two sides.”
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Roderick Wolfram

Post by Roderick Wolfram »

Dreams, strangely beautiful and horrifying dreams fill Rod's sleeping mind now that the immediate danger of the Hell Pit has passed. Each time he sleeps, his mind fills with various theories, technologies, devices that take advantage of here-to-unknown sciences even to the incredibly advanced technology available to man. It's only when he realizes that he hasn't taken off the armor he had discovered and repaired back not so long ago, that he realizes, that the information filling his brain with ideas is coming from it. Images of huge humanoid beings flit through his mind in ships larger than the moon. Battles with beings in space glowing with the energy of a sun. And with it, instructions on how to build machinery the likes of which Rod had never thought possible.

-----------------

Arriving back at the Refuge, Rod debriefs with the rest of the team. While long, the comfort of Castle Refuge makes it easy. Winning the battle making whatever laps in discipline or orders overlooked.

He's in his newly assigned room when he gets an unexpected knock at the door, opening it, he looks down to see Cory with a scowl on her face.

"I need to talk to you, don't be an a$$hole," she says, brushing past him into his room.

Rod turns to her, a slight smile on his face as he sees this young woman wearing her big boy pants, thinking back to his first real conversation with the Mystic when she asked him to be her second in command. "Do we have new orders, chief?"

Her scowl, something which Rod didn't think could get more intense does, "Shut up! Not for you, but I need to leave." She puts up a hand, "Don't make this a big deal. The Sun and the Moon have spoken to me. What this does mean, bub, is that you are in charge."

Rod doesn't say anything for a bit, then says, "I assume the rest of the team doesn't know yet?"

She nods, "Yeah, and your first duty is to go tell them."

'What, wait, how long are you going to be gone?" he asks.

"I think what you mean to say is 'thank you,'" she replies.

"Thank you?" Rod says as a question.

"Your welcome," Cory says, a smug smile finally cross her face, "Good luck, you are going to need it. And I even have a gift for you." She pulls the strap across her chest, and a dull clang rings out behind her as a huge (for Cory) chain sword drops to the ground. "That piece of crap of Fell's is now yours."

She brushes past him and out of the room.

"Now what?" Rod asks to the empty room.

-------

Later, Rod finds his team and calls out, "Alecto, Anon, Anarik, Gryphus, Merlaggon, and Sinder." Lot of A's in this group. When they gather, he says, "You may have heard that Cory is leaving the 1st. As Cory's second in command, it appears that for now, I am in command of our little band until the Owl appoints someone else. We have at least one new teammate, Stormforge." He points to the tall man he'd called up, "Welcome, I've heard you were a friend of Zolo's. She will be missed." Rod holds out his hand to shake.

"Having been a part of a mercenary group prior to this, my style of leadership is a bit different than Cory's. We almost had our a$$es handed to us at the hell pit because we were uncoordinated. Luckily each of us was skilled enough to hold out until Zolo," he pauses for a second, "sacrificed herself to close that hell hole. I suspect our next orders are going to take us to some exotic locale where that danger will look like a kid's birthday party. Use the time as you wish, it looks like we've done well enough to get access to a workshop here at the Castle, and a modest budget to go with it. If there are items that you need adjusted, come see Anon or myself and we will see what can be done. My first thought is we need some weaponry that can better tackle those demons, the larger ones easily shrugged off the Dragonwing's best shots until they were enhanced with magic. I am thinking we need tools to better control the battle field, some of us may not be able to hurt them, but perhaps we can slow or otherwise hinder them, until our magical powerhouses can take them out."

"And I don't know about you guys, but having been the one to having vaporized the guy who our team is named after, I think it's time we changed the name. What do you all think? Thinking of our eclectic abilities, I am thinking, 'Rod's Irregulars', but I am open to other ideas."

Who should be in charge?
If someone else wants the job, speak up and we can do a vote or something.
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Do I have a say in their leadership? Do I want a say?

Gryphus steps forward. He is a tall striking fair skinned humanoid man whose combat mage armor protects a humble and softness like a cool breeze of air on a hot summer night. His demeanor seems to indicate he would feel comfortable whether he was sitting with a Barron of Colorado or a destitute beggar in the slums of Chi-town. The markings on the back of his hand, clan tattoos, would note him being a True Atlantean. He carries at his side a wooden staff made of an ebony bark with a silver hexagonal gem that affixed at the staff that twinkles in the rooms light. A dagger hangs from his belt forged from a single piece of black metal. A series of glyphs mark the blade.

Gryphus’s voice is fluid and lofty, yet carries a sternness one might expect from someone with a heavy burden, ” Aye, I am Gryphus Stormforge. I am... I mean I was Zolo’s dear friend. She kept me abreast of your many tales. I would be honored to be part of your company. As far as leadership, I would only read what Zolo had to say.” He pulls a small book from the folds of his coat and clears his throat, ” Rod is the flippin’ Man. With Cory missing he is stepping up big time. Keeping us together and his tactics are super awesome! Shoot you should have seen him wrangle in his old merc out fit 3M. I am small potatoes compared a giant like him.” Gryphus clears his throat again continuing perhaps a bit emotional at the loss of his friend, ” Her... Her own words. I for my part will follow you Roderick.”
A small water elemental looking like a little puddle slurped over the foot of Gryphus Stormforge tugging at it.

He nods siliently and adds, ” Perhaps, just the 1st Irregulars?”
Character Info
Bennies
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

Previously...

On her way back to the barracks from her ruminations over Zolo, Alecto encountered Cory...perhaps on her way to visit Zolo herself. Not knowing when she'd get another chance for a private word with the erstwhile commander, Alecto said, "Cory. May I have a moment of your time, please?"

Cory gave her a quizzical eyebrow lift and nodded...perhaps a bit warily.

"You entrusted this to me during our battles. I believe it serves a ceremonial purpose in our unit that you will have need of now."

Alecto reached back and unhooked the Fell Blade from the mountings clamping it to the back of her armor, then presented it to Cory hilt-first. It was absurdedly large compared to the teenage human, but she managed to grasp it firmly.

"During our time together, you demonstrated a willingness to listen and adapt that is commendable. If you wish to continue leading others I recommend using that as a foundation and surrounding yourself with capable, experienced leaders. You have a tendency to become lost in the moment, losing track of the bigger picture, I found. Be aware of that, and you will do well."

The android offered a hand to shake and Cory, with a moment of hesitation, shook it. Though the structural damage to her endoskeleton had been repaired, the nanotech repairing her dermal covering was still working. The 'skin' was thin and incomplete, letting some metal in her fingers show.

"It has been an honor to serve with you.

Cory smirked. On a scale of one-to-infinity, this wasn't even moving her 'weirdness meter.' "Thanks. Like, you too."

-----

Alecto listened impassively to Rod's speech and the responses several others made before offering her own input.

"We should avoid using a particular name in connection with our unit. It creates the potential for confusion, or awkwardness, in the event of turnover. The term 'irregulars,' when used in the context of a military unit refers to a unit employing non-standard soldiers, equipment and tactics. It is a word that describes our unit exceptionally well, and I therefore support its adoption as our title."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Anarik Ebonlocke

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Anarik took Gryphus Stormrage’s hand, looking the man over. He stank of magic and the elements. “Are you a shaman of some sort?” he asked.

Later at the team meeting, this new member was introduced to them, and Rod announced he had been left in charge of the team. That suited Anarik and Ilse just fine. “The Irregulars is a fine name.”
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Common Bond
Ilse Character Sheet
Adventure Card:
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Anarik Ebonlocke wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:31 am Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Anarik took Gryphus Stormrage’s hand, looking the man over. He stank of magic and the elements. “Are you a shaman of some sort?” he asked.

Later at the team meeting, this new member was introduced to them, and Rod announced he had been left in charge of the team. That suited Anarik and Ilse just fine. “The Irregulars is a fine name.”
Gryphus eyed Anarik back puzzling out the earlier lovers quarrel he had witnessed. He shook his head no slowly at the question of him being a Shaman, ” Nay, not a shaman but someone whose friend is the wind and water an ever constant mistress. Not unlike your friend that walked away in a huff...” He paused looking in the direction the sucubus has sauntered and raised a questioning eye, ”Magic is a wonderful thing no? Creates such beauty where non existed. I have not seen such a creature since the fall of Tolkeen and even then the ones summoned were pure savages made for only I’ll intent.”
Character Info
Bennies
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

"But Cory, I can fly you wherever this 'Spirit Quest of yours will take you... and, and, and I can protect you too. I can even take humanoid shape for days now so I can be inconspicuous. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE!!!! What would I do without you?!?"

After being told no way gentler than Cory would treat ANYONE else, Merlaggon goes and flies off sulking for a couple days. You hear stories of sightings of Merlaggon over those few days as he cries and mopes and burns down small patches of forest.

Even after he does come back, Merlaggon is not his normal cheerful self. Even thoughts of the toys he can requisition for equipment do not seem to cheer him up. Anyone who knows Merlaggon can tell that it is a BAD sign when talk of getting new valuable equipment cannot cheer him up... not that it stops him from requisitioning the fancy new equipment. After a couple weeks of scaring people by figuratively biting their heads off, Merlaggon finally settles down to closer to his normal self.

I know... Cory will come back some day. I will make her proud of me. I will behave like she would want for me to if she was here. She will hear stories of how Heroic I have been and how I helped MANY people.
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

• [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Merlaggon wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm "But Cory, I can fly you wherever this 'Spirit Quest of yours will take you... and, and, and I can protect you too. I can even take humanoid shape for days now so I can be inconspicuous. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE!!!! What would I do without you?!?"

After being told no way gentler than Cory would treat ANYONE else, Merlaggon goes and flies off sulking for a couple days. You hear stories of sightings of Merlaggon over those few days as he cries and mopes and burns down small patches of forest.

Even after he does come back, Merlaggon is not his normal cheerful self. Even thoughts of the toys he can requisition for equipment do not seem to cheer him up. Anyone who knows Merlaggon can tell that it is a BAD sign when talk of getting new valuable equipment cannot cheer him up... not that it stops him from requisitioning the fancy new equipment. After a couple weeks of scaring people by figuratively biting their heads off, Merlaggon finally settles down to closer to his normal self.

I know... Cory will come back some day. I will make her proud of me. I will behave like she would want for me to if she was here. She will hear stories of how Heroic I have been and how I helped MANY people.
The yearling mopes. Heart broken. Confused. He is not ready. But I made a promise to make him ready or die trying.

It had been not long ago that Gryphus was the caretaker of the dragon nursery in Lazlo. His rule was iron and his gifts with the air and water aided him in rule and means. He put his charges to task instructing them to live strong in the present so they would be champions when they grew up. Merlaggon has been coddled for far too long and it was time to see if Merlaggon had what it took to be a great dragon. Or will he fall short.

In perfect dragoneese he tempted fate as never before,”Yearling! Yearling! I Gryphus Stormforge call to you Merlaggon. Never before has a weight been so mighty that it must be lifted. I see you but do you see yourself? Zolo was your half brother and he made me promise that I would help shape your journey as I have done for young dragons all my adult life.”

Gryphus’ voice cracks like thunder, ” Given your demeanor and pain perhaps my arrival is too late and you are unable to rise to the occasion and unfurl your greatness! Often bonds are forged by two dispirit entities. You do not know me, but I know you. A great test will come before you like none other that you have encountered will you allow me to help you get ready? “

Gryphus slams down his staff drenching the area in a torrent of water and a gust of wind. Lightning flashes in his eyes awaiting Merlaggons no doubt juvenile plea.
Character Info
Bennies
Anon

Post by Anon »

The irregulars, huh? Yeah, that fits.

Anon doesn't know exactly how to feel. He likes Cory. He likes the team. And, after a few short weeks, he feels like he fits here; he's come a long way since his arrival with Elle of the Owls and a missing stone cutout of Fell.

He's a little annoyed Cory didn't say goodbye, though. He didn't know her well, but... well. That seems wrong.

Actually... yeah. That is wrong!

He grabs his field computer and heads over to one of the many comms centers at Refuge. He waves the tech on duty off, "Just need to patch in; won't be a minute," he says, and then he hops on a long-range communicator. Cory hasn't turned her radio off, so it's a small thing to try and triangulate where she's gone. After a few minutes of furious typing, he types out a message.

Hey, boss. Lame move, making Rod tell us you're leaving.

He gives her a minute to type back.

Deal with it.. Anon can hear her mentally adding the word "like" in her typing, but at least she has the etiquette not to type it.

What else to say? He doesn't know her that well... just well enough.

Hey, don't die.

It takes a bit longer before she responds this time. You either.

That feels like a goodbye, so Anon "hangs up," unplugging from the equipment and heading away. From Cory, that's about as good as it gets, he thinks.
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet
Roderick Wolfram

Post by Roderick Wolfram »

Rod see's the nods from his team at the idea of changing the name. "Yeah, Rod's Irregulars is a bit pretentious, but I am glad you like the word Irregular. Okay, sounds like we are settle on it then. When I see the Owl next, I'll make the offical request to change us to the 1st SET - The Irregulars."
Roderick Wolfram - Robot Pilot EP Record
Stats
Personal
Toughness: 15(8), Pace 6

Edges of Note: Brawny, Level Headed, Elan, Danger Sense, Battle-Hardened*, Fearless*, Nerves of Steel*

* from SuperTech device

Hinderances: Overconfident, Heartless, Loyal

Dragonwing

Size 8, Crew 1 + 3, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35(17), Pace 10, Flight Pace 30 (in Combat), Acc/TS 30/400 (Chase and Non Combat)
Q1 2019 Adventure Cards
  • None Drawn Yet
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder listens to all the chater, "Sure the name isn't supper important but a name change is needed." "The irregulars I like that."

He ask Anon about a sword , "Anon I'm thinking of a sword or maybe a sword set, need something like Dispel on it. We saw how that kicked our butts right at the beginning. Then Confusion, that may make it easier for us to mix things up also non lethal."

Jack Pauses a second , "Oh, remember when they jammed our Freq? The dagger Telepathy, maybe Heal is needed too? might be nice to recover power also. we were running low on energy and just lucked out. Your good at this Anon."
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Stormforge wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:02 pm
In perfect dragoneese he tempted fate as never before,”Yearling! Yearling! I Gryphus Stormforge call to you Merlaggon. Never before has a weight been so mighty that it must be lifted. I see you but do you see yourself? Zolo was your half brother and he made me promise that I would help shape your journey as I have done for young dragons all my adult life.”

Gryphus’ voice cracks like thunder, ” Given your demeanor and pain perhaps my arrival is too late and you are unable to rise to the occasion and unfurl your greatness! Often bonds are forged by two dispirit entities. You do not know me, but I know you. A great test will come before you like none other that you have encountered will you allow me to help you get ready? “

Gryphus slams down his staff drenching the area in a torrent of water and a gust of wind. Lightning flashes in his eyes awaiting Merlaggons no doubt juvenile plea.
"To quote my Cory Tetrascroll, 'Hold on, Dumbass.' I don't know you from a Brodkil. You are just lucky Cory told me not to eat people, or you may just have been my first... but as she told me, 'We don't get to like hurt him for just being a total jerk, you know."

With that, Merlaggon gives Gryphus a double Cory Salute and just walks way from him, ignoring the annoying Warlock.
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

Merlaggon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:10 pm
Stormforge wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:02 pm

"To quote my Cory Tetrascroll, 'Hold on, Dumbass.' I don't know you from a Brodkil. You are just lucky Cory told me not to eat people, or you may just have been my first... but as she told me, 'We don't get to like hurt him for just being a total jerk, you know."

With that, Merlaggon gives Gryphus a double Cory Salute and just walks way from him, ignoring the annoying Warlock.
Gryphus merly laughs at the yearling claim of almost eating him, ” Luck has nothing to do with it yearling. But it is good to see she taught you manners, and guided you as well as a mortal could.” He moves quickly to stand in front of merlaggon. His eyes still ablaze with the crackle of electricity, ”I ask you, how well did you know Cory before she was your guide? I can see the look in your eyes yearling as plain as the day that now rises, you seek to be the hero she wanted you to always be and I can help you.” He had seen Merlaggon’s behavior in countless baby dragons so being almost eaten was actually the first step in the right direction. He raises his staff pointing it up at Merlaggon’s mouth. Staying with an all too serious tone he begins Merlaggon’s training wehther the baby dragon has the emotionaly wherewithal to realize it or not. ” First, your teeth. When did you last sharpen them for they look too dull to even peirce my flesh.”
Character Info
Bennies
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Stormforge wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:26 amGryphus merly laughs at the yearling claim of almost eating him, ” Luck has nothing to do with it yearling. But it is good to see she taught you manners, and guided you as well as a mortal could.” He moves quickly to stand in front of merlaggon. His eyes still ablaze with the crackle of electricity, ”I ask you, how well did you know Cory before she was your guide? I can see the look in your eyes yearling as plain as the day that now rises, you seek to be the hero she wanted you to always be and I can help you.” He had seen Merlaggon’s behavior in countless baby dragons so being almost eaten was actually the first step in the right direction. He raises his staff pointing it up at Merlaggon’s mouth. Staying with an all too serious tone he begins Merlaggon’s training wehther the baby dragon has the emotionaly wherewithal to realize it or not. ” First, your teeth. When did you last sharpen them for they look too dull to even peirce my flesh.”
"The Greater Demons that these teeth tore apart would tell you a different tale... if they were still around... and that is a trick question. A Dragon's teeth magically stay sharp... part of our Regeneration abilities. That shows all YOU know about Dragons. Now quit being so RUDE and let me go. I have to see the Castle's Armoury about getting myself a new set of armour. Leave me ALONE!"

With that, Merlaggon metamorphs into a cat sized version of himself and flies past the obstructing Warlock on his way to the Armoury.
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:

Stormforge

Post by Stormforge »

What a poor sad young dragon. No one ever told him about the nessesity of oral hygiene.

Gryphus while it appears may have a death wish that could not be further than the truth. He made a promise to Zolo whom had seen the writing on the wall with Cory to look after Merlaggon until the wee pup was ready to strike out on his own. The fact that Merlaggon was behaving like a child whose feelings had been hurt did not go unnoticed. While with a child giving them space was a good idea, for baby dragons nothing could be farther from the truth. Many a time an evil dragon’s roots lay in the relentless torture troubled feelings had caused. In this case it was better to give Merlaggon some needed direction on why armor to wear given his rotunda figure.

Gryphus hurriedly followed the dragon down the hall to the armory.
Slightly out of breath he launches into his next tiraide, ” So yearling, you neither care or are ignorant of the need for oral care. But now yearling May I be of service to see if we cannot fit your portly stature into a set of armor. Have you thought about a daily regiment of running, weight lifting, and stretching? You may find it sliming and give you more energy to outlast your foes.” The warlock’s eyes twinkled with a spark of electrified air.
Character Info
Bennies
Anarik Ebonlocke

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Ilserayne smiled as Gryphus appreciated her. “Oh, aren’t you a lovely one,” she purred, reaching up to caress his face and press against him. “We should get to know each other better,” she said suggestively.

Anarik reached out and yanked the succubus back. She hissed at him. “While she is mostly tame, she is still a demon,” he pointed out. “She can be savage when necessary.”

“Good girl or bad. I can be what you want,” Ilse said, shifting form into a beautiful redheaded buxom woman. It was much safer than wandering around in her natural form anyway in a place like Castle Refuge.
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Common Bond
Ilse Character Sheet
Adventure Card:
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Stormforge wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:14 am What a poor sad young dragon. No one ever told him about the nessesity of oral hygiene.

Gryphus while it appears may have a death wish that could not be further than the truth. He made a promise to Zolo whom had seen the writing on the wall with Cory to look after Merlaggon until the wee pup was ready to strike out on his own. The fact that Merlaggon was behaving like a child whose feelings had been hurt did not go unnoticed. While with a child giving them space was a good idea, for baby dragons nothing could be farther from the truth. Many a time an evil dragon’s roots lay in the relentless torture troubled feelings had caused. In this case it was better to give Merlaggon some needed direction on why armor to wear given his rotunda figure.

Gryphus hurriedly followed the dragon down the hall to the armory.
Slightly out of breath he launches into his next tiraide, ” So yearling, you neither care or are ignorant of the need for oral care. But now yearling May I be of service to see if we cannot fit your portly stature into a set of armor. Have you thought about a daily regiment of running, weight lifting, and stretching? You may find it sliming and give you more energy to outlast your foes.” The warlock’s eyes twinkled with a spark of electrified air.
"Hold on, Dumbass. I am NOT portly. Bugger off and leave me alone."

With that, Merlaggon changes into a small cat-sized Dragon and flies out through the window, and off to see where Sinder was.
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:

Return to “1st SET Adventures”