Mission 9: Ravenous Fury

Stormforge

Re: Mission 9: Ravenous Fury

Post by Stormforge »

Stormforge... Haggardly approached the Castle Refuge. He had not seen the castle in many years. His beard was white, skin far wizened and blanched. He wore a simple grey tunic and walked up the rise toward it with a shuffle. He was alone, all his elements long gone leaving him truly alone.

He half stumbled into Serenia Stargazer’s office and handed the surprised leader of the Legion a written report. He spoke few words, no emotion, simply stating the facts, “Sorry... I was delayed, my after action report for the final mission of the 1st SET...”

Stargazer had seen this moment coming for some time, and nodded taking the report and reading it.

I thought I would forever be left in the wild hands of Dildan Faebottom... You see, I had a choice... A poor one at that, but I took the option that would let my team continue, How would I know that cruelty ran rampent within the fae? The tasks they bid me to do left me half a man. Rod came for me. Bless the earth he walks on... It broke my sacred covent with the fae and it would be a long road to recovery. Doctors tried, psychiatrists spoke... Flame and fire could not sooth my heart, Earth and Rock could not stay my soul. Gysers, and the storm could not slake my mind. I would need to be taken deep into the prison atop the sacred rock where the spirits of the wind called. There I would finally regain my my mind admist the great air elementals. It was there I was able to release the spirit of Kawai and return to the world. But the journey there was not my own, but that of another. For my part in my later years I realized that the dream of a grand city was broken. I had tried to show the most prejudice how magic could be their ally and was rebuffed. My confidence was gone and nothing could draw it out.

After reading it she paused and pushed a prepared dossier across the table to him, “What about your daughter Stormforge? Would come back for her?”
Character Info
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0
Skills: Notice d6, stealth d4, Fighting d8, Mystisim d10+1
Weapon in hand: Enchanted Staff (Quickness and Teleport)
Combat Edges: None
Powers Active: none
Wounds: none
Fatigue: none
PPE: 20/20
Bennies
Bennies: 3/3
William Rufus

Post by William Rufus »

(WIP)
2nd Lt William
I have landed in a strange new World things here are not they seem to be by my experiences. I encountered the Owl . She was my first introduction to someone that wasn't Human, Angel or demon or Devil. it was easy for us to determine Human , Angels and good from Demon,Devil and Evil.
Game Sheet for William Rufus viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4644
Total Used PPE: 24
PPE: 15/ 15 Armor: PPE 5/ 5 Staff PPE: 10/ 10 Sword PPE: 10/ 10 ISP: 20/ 20
Bennies 4/1
OOC Comments
Lt. William Rufus

Guardian Mystic
Young 20, light red brown hair, 6'2"
a Gentleman , tries to help those in need.

Wearing
Celestial Armor +5 Armor +2 Toughness +2 against environment

Celestial Staff
Damage: Str+d6, Reach 1
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Draining Blade Sword 2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds
Damage: Str+d8,
Notes: +1 Parry, two handed
Special: 10 PPE, +1 Faith Rolls, +2 PPE to do Mega Damage

Wilks 320 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Dmg: 3d6, AP: 3
ROF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs. (Min Str: d4)
Notes: +2 Shooting (+1 from Weapon Balance, +1 for being a Wilks)
Rarity: +1 Cost: 11,000
Two E-clips

Celestial Staff
+2 shooting

Conditions
detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability
Alertness +2 notice
Danger Sense +2 notice
Detect concealment on constant
Luck extra Benny
Icosa
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Icosa »

When Alecto attended the debriefing for the operation at the headquarters of the Tomorrow Legion, she rather uncharacteristically came still clad in her sleek black body armor, helmet tucked under her arm. She took a seat before the three officers who were attending with all her customary reserve.

"I have filed electronic copies of this report and it's associated attendant paperwork with the Legion," she began. "However this report will be my final report with the Tomorrow Legion. It is my intent to resign my position here."

The men and women in front of her exchanged glances. "We're sorry to hear that," one said slowly. "We'd like to know why."

Alecto nodded. "I have several reasons. I have new information about my origins, and others like me, that I wish to follow up on. I wish to explore skills and lifestyles other than mercenary warrior. I have experienced only a narrow portion of the total spectrum of experience possible, and I believe that the most direct way of changing that is to change where I am, and whom I associate with."

Another shared glance, then all three nodded.

"Proceed."

"The operation was the result of multiple failures. We succeeded in the end, but a great deal of unnecessary risk and uncertainty resulted from the Coalition possessing a great deal of intelligence on several Tomorrow Legion teams, and knew more of the activities of the cult responsible for the Ravagers than Castle Refuge did. Having served with the Legion for even a limited period of time, I would offer...in the spirit of constructive criticism...that the Tomorrow Legion is often at a disadvantage in terms of military and operational intelligence. Correct that."

She paused for a moment, at roughly the same time and duration that a human being would need to take a breath. Conversation had a rhythm patterned on biological cadences, Alecto had found, and ignoring them increased the odds of misunderstandings or other negative reactions.

"Even so, the Coalition expended significant resources in creating the trap for us. The Irregulars were able to overcome cultural barriers to obtain support from the Coalition in the operation, and attacked a heavily fortified position in the heart of enemy territory with minimal casualties. After the operation, the Coalition general fulfilled his promise and deactivated the nanomachines, making our rescue operation a success as well."

Another pause.

"Our operational loss was Stormforge. He negotiated with faeries to assist our rapid passage through their territory to intercept the Ravagers. In the process he became subject to a magically enforced contract and had to remain with them. To the best of my knowledge he remains alive, and could perhaps be recovered with a rescue operation."

"All surviving members of the Irregulars served with distinction. Anarik and Anon were particularly vital for success, given the magical nature of the threat."

"That is my report."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations
Anon

Post by Anon »

Anon's head spins as he tries, for the fourteenth time, to record his thoughts into the little device before him.

Clearing his throat, he starts, "Well, you know how all this started, of course. Getting to the damn super-nexus was harder than we thought it would be, and we thought it would be plenty hard. Not surprisingly, we ran into stiff resistance at the location where we needed to set up the locator. I'll be honest, here; I don't like being in conflict with the Federation. I'm Federation born, and as long as Stormspire stays where it is at the moment, my home is in the Federation. I get that the Ravagers were doing bad things to the Coalition, but... it feels wrong. All of this feels wrong."

"At the end of the day, the team performed ably. We fought through what needed fighting through, we set up, and we ported the ravagers away. I'm sure the Federation will now come up with some other way to harass the Coalition while we all wait for war, but at least that's done, now."

"I'd like to request re-assignment, for a time, out of the field. I want to get back into the armory, see if I can help that way, now that this is over. I've always been more of an engineer, and I have some ideas on new devices I really, really want to try out..."
Anon
Anon Smith a human Techno-Wizard
Character Sheet
Anarik Ebonlocke

Post by Anarik Ebonlocke »

Castle Refuge
Night
Round 0

“You know, this would be easier if you would stop distracting me, Ilse,” Anarik said to the beautiful redhead draping herself all over him as he tried to write his after action report.

“But you like being distracted,” the succubus purred.

“The faster this is done, the sooner you can...distract me,” the summoner said.

“Then dic-tate,” Ilse said with a grin, putting in a slight innuendo pause in the word as she took the computer from him.

Anarik sighed and started the summary.

“After doing intensive research in the Castle archives about the ravagers, their origins, and summoning rituals regarding them, I rejoined the team to shut down those behind the scheme. A Coalition force offered us aid in finding them. They had taken many people who were apparently important to members of the team, like this Corey woman, and Sinder’s parents.

“After locating the nexus in the old native burial ground, it was decided the heavy armaments of the Dragonwing and the dragon Merlaggon would assault the mound and distract its defenses while the rest of us approached under cover of invisibility from another direction, although I could not make the Mountaineer invisible. It sustained heavy damage.

“We dealt with the ravagers and Corrupt in the area, and Sinder took down the gate defenses. Once inside, I was able to dismantle the arcane energies surrounding the summoning device, while Anon attached his own device to disrupt the ritual. Once that was done, arcane matters took care of themselves. The ravagers were returned to their home plane, and the energies of the nexus settled into something more natural.

“I, of course, was the key component to the entire plan, though the other members of the team deserve what credit is due them. I am thinking of taking a sabbatical from field work to continue my research on summoning on this world in the Castle archives, or perhaps in this place called Lazlo I have heard tell of. It should be most interesting.”

Ilse tossed the computer aside. “Done!” she said, leaping onto Anarik and kissing him deeply as they fell into bed.

Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 5/45 (3 locked)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 1/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 10/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Party Loot
Character Tracker
Anarik Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (8)
Anarik PPE: 22/40 (3 locked) (Ley Line: 105)
  • Banish, Bolt, Detect Arcana, Fear, Soul Drain, Invisibility, Slow, Summon Ally
Amulet: 10/10
  • Armor, Healing, Teleport
Corruption: 0/6
Encumbrance: 20/20 (with pack 50/20; -1 Agi/Str skills)
Common Bond
Bennies: 0/3
Ilse Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 10 (3)
Ilse PPE: 6/10
  • Boost/Lower Trait, Disguise, Drain PPE
Adventure Card:

Return to “1st SET Adventures”