Episode 1.1 Talis

Not as good as the original, better than the prequels.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

I mentioned before how I wanted to do purely role play based threads so I can get a better idea of characters. Thus I would in theory be able to make more interesting side/personal/solo missions.

In addition I’ll probably do the solo missions here as well

This is Talis’s

Talis

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Affirmative, did you want one from before he met the others, say his escape from Kessel?

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Sounds good, sorry I didn’t see this until now

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis was practicing his combat forms, not that he had a lightsaber or anything fancy like that. No, he had a simple piece of shaped metal to work with, scavenged from a bin of broken parts and shaped until his master was happy with the heft and balance. His master said that, before there were Lightsabers, the Jedi uses blades a lot like this to fight with. It is hard to remember how old the Jedi Order is, but given that age it is easy to believe they might have strayed from the vision of the first Jedi.

He has the blade at high guard when his master suddenly stumbles.

"Master," he inquires with concern? His master's mind is not the only thing that was damaged about him, his health may be failing him.
OOC Comments
I have in mind for his master to have just sensed the presence of the enemy who is hunting for Jedi. The master should instruct Talis to follow the escape plan while he delays and distracts the darksider.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The master looks to Talis. “I’m fine...” he said before a short hard cough “but I suppose that things here are not. I sense a dark presence closing in...they already realize that I am here.” He turned to his Padawan directly in the eyes “you should go now. He only knows about me. We must keep it that-“ suddenly there is a low deep rumbling that feels as though it is coming from a very deep place below the earth surface, and then it suddenly appeared again. Almost like the heart beat of the planet “yes, go now, before it’s too late.”

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis knows there are three possibilities. First that this is a test, that the master will be following his actions and stop him at some point...this is generally the most likely scenario. The Second possibility is that the master is having one of his episodes, where his thinking is clouded by the damage he suffered. The third possibility is that the master is right, that he has been discovered and that a powerful dark side adept is about to arrive.

It does not matter which is true, he has to act the same. He puts his training blade into the rack and leaves the room. He enters the nearest common area and checks the clock. The date and time tell him where the guards will be and what freighters will be arriving or docked. From then it is just a matter of following the plan. Avoid the patrols, grab the supplies he will need based on the ship he will be on, shadow the loading droid to get on the ship without the cameras seeing him, get in his hiding place, and place himself into a trance to reduce his biological needs and life signature.

He has to enter he ship unarmed, there are weapon sensors. That is the first mistake many attempting to escape make.

The ship also does not have an air supply, it is droid run. It has an atmosphere yes, but made of inert gasses, thus he needs an air supply, but also needs to meditate so he does not run out of air before they reach the destination. Learning to stay in a trance long enough was the hardest part.

He keeps waiting for the Master to come and get him, to show this is just a test, but the ship takes off and he never comes.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

As they rise into the sky Talis was able to peer through the one of the small glass ports Along the walls of the cargo bay. It was only the size of a fist, as they were for inspecting the cargo without having to ruin the vacuum seal, but this was enough to catch a glimpse of blaster bolts flying randomly into the sky. They seemed like they were all bouncing off the same small point but went off in ever which direction. He couldn’t actually tell for sure what the point was, but he could suspect. Finally a very large blast bolt fired out towards the point. It for a brief moment silhouetted The shape of a large walker like object before the bolt slammed hard into the ground with a powerful explosion.

Meanwhile the two droids in the cockpit chirped and whistled amongst each other as they discussed take off.

Translation
Detecting heavy cross winds ahead. Suggestion. divert exit vector to covert cross winds to tail winds.

Negative. Planed vector is off. Cargo load weight is off. Calculating new vector. Calculated. Cross winds factored. Likely hood of course diversion is 50 percent. Likely hood of non correctable Course diversion 0 percent. Proceeding with new escape vector.

Talis

Post by Talis »

The problem is that Talis has a limited air supply, he must remain in meditation or risk running out before arrival. As much as his curiosity wants him to investigate, he has to remain as motionless as any other cargo. This also helps him avoid detection, though the Droids have possibly realized the ship is slightly overweight.

Patience is the hardest thing, sometimes waiting is all you can do.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The Droids continued to communicate as they approached the upper atmosphere

Droid speck translation
PD34: Course vector corrected. Course vector corrected. Course vector corrected. Analyzing. Lack of cargo Balancing is effecting course. Suggestion. Adjust cargo.

4CR: proceeding to adjust cargo.

The droid not currently piloting gave a short message to the control tower about the communications droid needing to leave the console for minor corrections. 4CR then proceeded into the cargo hold. Where it found Talis.

Translation
Analyzing. Cargo data not found. Processing. Cargo data created. Adjusting cargo location.

The droid then proceeded to lift Talis with a miniature tractor beam, and move him to a new location. However there was suddenly a loud movement above them.

PD34 than came in over the loud speaker

Translation

PD34: additional Cargo misbalance detected. Suggestion. Adjust cargo.

4CR: Recorded cargo is has not shifted. Processing. Processing. Processing complete. Confusion present.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis is not in a deep enough trance to be unaware of his surroundings, though he remains still, evidently the droid handling him is a class V cargo droid, with very basic programming. The pilot droid is probably more intelligent, being Class I or Class II, so not drawing attention from it is more important.

The statement about additional mass being added is worrisome, it indicates someone has boarded..and that the someone is probably not authorized cargo inspector. It is possibly a spice raider trying to steal the cargo before the ship can enter hyperspace. Talis reduced his trance a bit to increase his awareness, but waits to decide what, if anything, to do.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The cargo droid upon further inspection actually appears to be a communications droid with loading subroutines and loading equipment. However that didn’t much matter as PD34 suddenly began to talk a lot quicker. Something about the hyper drive beginning it’s automatic sequence. Quickly both Talis and 4CR were thrusted backwards as the ship began to increase speed to escape the atmosphere faster. Both of the droids started to give off an error message over and over again as the hyper drive started to engage.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis rolls across the floor as the ship's acceleration compensators engage a fraction of a second late, hitting a cargo container with jarring force. Analytically, he thinks, Someone just remotely accessed the navicomputer and entered a false jump command. Probably a very short jump or we will probably wind up in the Maw. Likely there is a crew waiting there to offload the spice.

The question is not what has happened or even why, the question is, whose side is he on in this case? Should he help the cargo ship, or sneak onto the Pirate?"

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

There was a loud auditable pop followed by the easily recognizable hiss of plasma cutters, as a circle was carved into the ceiling of the cargo hold. Air quickly began to transfer into the cargo hold. Thus Talis didn’t particularly have to worry about air anymore. However the chunks of metal that feel from the new hole in the ceiling meant that he would have to worry about something else instead.

A pair of figures dropped down into the hold. Presumably they hadn’t noticed Talis yet, and Talis couldn’t get a good look at them without possibly revealing himself.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis makes up his mind, this Spice shipment is legal, the Pirates will not use it for any good purpose if they get their hands on it. He needs to help out.

He turns off his breather and starts breathing the local air, since he now can, and tries to decide what he can do.

He is not far from the droid, he quickly goes over to the droid and shuts it down and then turns it back on. The odds are good that will reset whatever the remote slicer did.

If the Droid reboots, he will tell him softly, "I am unit P07 assigned to defend this cargo. I have awakened because this ship has been boarded by pirates. I require your assistance. I wish that you remove the binding straps on this cargo load and when I say the word 'mark' I wish you to lift the port bow corner of the lowest cargo box in the stack one meter into the air. Are my instructions understood?"

He thinks, This might not work on a smarter droid, but the cargo droid has already accepted that I am cargo, it may work.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

4CR starts sending out auditable error messages before he finally stopped at looks at talis. It might have been that the young Padawan had tricked him or it could have been that the droid was programmed to listen to humans. Regardless it went to go complete the task it have been given

Luckily the two individuals were busy doing...something. One of them yelled out something about justice for the slaves mining spice, before slicing one of the cargo containers in half. The other one said something, but not loud enough for Talis to hear. Regardless the exhaustion of having to work with someone so eccentric as his partner was very evident in his voice.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis thought, I should have said I was unit T41I5, but at least it seems to have worked.

He moved around to a spot where he could see the pirates more clearly and waited for them to get closer to the stack he has 4CR ready to lift. When the position seems right, he says, "MARK!"

The droid lifts the corner of the container as directed, causing the higher containers in the stack to fall over onto the pirates. With luck, one or both of them will be trapped under the containers...

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Talis was finally able to see the two figures. The first was a human female with almost platinum blonde hair. She also wore what appeared to be a patch work of either clone or coruscant guardsmen armor. Regardless now it was painted a dark blue with silver accenting thus hiding what ever it originally was. It was also polished and a republic symbol showed proudly on the shoulder pualdron, which was strange as she didn’t seem like she would be republic. Nor would the republic have any reason being here either. The other looked distinctively more like a pirate as he wore a simple hooded poncho along with a Wookiee bow caster over his shoulder.

To the slight dismay of Talis’s plan the hooded one seemed to have no reason to remain in the cargo hold, and was already making his way towards the cockpit. Making it seem as though there goal was likely the entire ship rather than just what they could carry.

However the armored individual did move into the young Jedi’s trap. Upon the boxes falling down towards her she quickly drew a sword that easily sliced through any of the boxes that came down at her. However she still was knocked down flat as the spice and remains of the boxes still rained down onto her

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis calls upon the force to guide and strengthen him as he sneaks up on the armored individual and aims a powerful blow at the area JUST below the helmet. That area, left weak for flexibility, is one of the few places an unarmed person might knock out someone armored like this woman is.

If he succeeds in knocking her out, he will grab her sword and head towards the cockpit. If he fails, he will probably wind up wrestling her for the sword, which seems less likely to capture her alive (if he can do it at all).

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The armored individual certainly seems heavily dazed but otherwise fine as she looks up at Talis she then loudly yelled out “slaver scum!” Before she grabbed a box to swing into Talis.

4CR meanwhile was now panicking as he began to restock the cargo. Eventually he does stop at the armored figure

Translation
Analyzing. Cargo data not found. Processing. Cargo data created.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis dodges and comments, "Considering I am escaping that place, you might want to rethink that insult."

He suggests to 4CR, "This cargo needs to be lashed down."

He is glad she seems to have forgotten her sword for the moment.
OOC Comments
Talis will attempt to grab the sword if she is not using it...

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid quickly goes to secure the new cargo but the woman manages to hold her sword up right as the strap goes over her. After moment of dealing with the rest of the boxes on top of her she squares towards Talis.

PD34 meanwhile is very loudly yelling error, and asks for security before suddenly going silent right as they come out of hyper space.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis uses the time while the stranger is escaping the bonds to head to the cockpit. He grabs a support strut when the abruptly drop out of hyperspace, and then (prompted by the force) uses it to pull himself out of the way as the armored woman charges towards him...and past him. He gives her a hard push as she passes so that she crashes into something in the cockpit.

Talis follows a moment later, not sure what he will see.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Talis walks up upon the armored individual on top of both the pilot droid, and the hooded individual.

PD34 suddenly starts giving a warning message as the cockpit begins to turn towards a planet. The inertia almost immediately returns as they slowly begin to plummet towards the planet.

Talis

Post by Talis »

If possible, Talis will first grab the sword, then suggest to the others, "Look, I doubt it will do any of us any good if we crash into the planet. Why why don't we discuss things in a civilized manner in a place where we will not be breaking any controls while the droid stabilizes the ship?"

He will explain, if the others agree to listen, that the top Glitterstim producer is the Republic prison mines. They are not slaves exactly, but rather people who were given a sentence to the mines instead of the death sentence they might otherwise have been given. This ship is a Republic shipping vessel.

There are, however, at least two different cartels who have production in areas outside the Republic control. Those probably do include slave organizations. It is not impossible that there are smuggling compartments on the ship where some spice from hose is also being shipped. It seems likely that the droids have been programed to accept additional cargo. If the others want to avoid Republic entanglements, they should not steal or destroy the ship, however any illegal cargo, the Republic would have no reason to complain if it is removed.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The two individuals stand up which allows the pilot to quickly begin correcting their course. The two figures then look at each other as they don’t particularly believe that this is a republic vessel. So the armored one pulls out a long knife as the other pulls out his Wookiee made bow caster

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis backs out of the cockpit, but calls, "Check the registration transponder if you do not believe me. Also, do not fire that bowcaster inside the ship, it has enough power to pierce the hull, I would prefer not having any holes in that. This is an unarmored trade ship, not some warship."

He really hopes that the person with the bowcaster listens, he is not kidding about the fact that the hyperaccelerated quarrels can penetrate the hull of a ship like this one.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The bow caster user doesn’t lower his weapon but does seem to wonder if what Talis said is true. “Fine than we just want the ship! We needed off of that planet and we wanted to stick it to the slavers while we did so.”

Talis

Post by Talis »

"Getting off the planet is also my goal, although stealing a Republic ship to do so is not the path I would follow," Talis states.

He adds, "Of course, I am not a pilot. I am not here to fight you, I simply want to get off the ship at it's programmed destination."

He moves back to where he was before the others boarded and says, "I will not interfere, but try to do minimal damage. If you take us elsewhere, be sure it is a humanly habitable world."

For now, he holds onto the sword...in case they decide to attack him.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

What follows in a awkward stand off as the two Individuals order the droid to land the ship. It seems as though the droids respond to any command, from any human. However CR4 attempts to move Talis as though he was cargo, again. Eventually they all can feel the noticeable deceleration of coming into atmosphere.

Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis heads for the top hatch as the ship enter the lower atmosphere. He exits the ship onto the upper surface and waits until the ship slows dot start the landing sequence before he jumps off. The force is with him and he lands unharmed.

He thinks, The good news is: this is not Kessel, it seems to be a habitable planet, and no one knows I am here. The bad news is: I have no idea where I am. At least I got a decent weapon out of that encounter.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The armor individual shakes their knife wielding hand at Talis as the ship quickly continues onward.

The terrain around around Talis sprawled out into a large expansive clay cover desert. However in the distance there was a large urban complex that covered a large portion of the horizon.

After a moment of silence a small patrol of ships tore through the sky towards the stolen ship.

Talis

Post by Talis »

The patrol who is after the ship is probably not looking for people who might have jumped off, but just in case he should try not to leave a trail...and he should get among other people. The best place to hide anything is among similar things, so the best place to hide a person is in the midst of other people. Hopefully the planet has human, or at least humanoid, inhabitants.
OOC Comments
Survival: 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 , Wild Survival 1d6!!: [4] = 4 To get to the urban complex safely...forgot I was not rolling in this thread.

Return to “Episodes”