Episode 1.1 Talis

Not as good as the original, better than the prequels.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid continues into the town. The town appears like a standardly small town however there’s a strange feeling of watchfulness from the towns folk who silently watch them both. Even the children see them and start jumping up and down all excited before a few adults collect them up and lead them off.

It appears that the droid doesn’t pay this any mind as he continues on to head towards the center of town. “This is indeed surprising...” the droid says but doesn’t offer any context.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis comments, "Something unusual is clearly going on, we will have to be cautious."

Talis tries to figure out which of the two of them is attracting more attention. He might need to talk with someone to find out what is going on. Likely there will be someone sent to speak with them, that is the way it usually works. Either to find out who they are, or to ask them to leave (or both).

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid still continues on to the center of town where there is a medium sized, well kept amphitheater. “This is indeed strange...the design of the temple usually keeps people away. I’m hoping it didn’t get destroyed...”

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis decides to turn the tables on the droid, "And how will you feel if it has? Will you feel loss or anger?"

Most droids, except some type 5 work droids, have some capacity to at least emulate emotion.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid looks at him “of course, it belonged to a good friend of mine. In fact it’s probably the last I have of them. And I was suppose to take care of it along with many other temples...instead I’ve been failing over and over. At least unlike the Jedi that destroyed them I have the capacity to accept I feel something.”

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis inquires, "How long have you been at this anyway? If many temples which once belonged to your friends have fallen into ruins, it sounds like you have been functioning for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years."

If that is the case...well it is interesting information at least.

He adds, "Many Jedi do feel emotions. Things like Arrogance in the certainty they are superior to those without their force abilities are quite common I am told."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“I am unsure of how old I am, The chronometer maxes at 100 revolutions.” He appears more and more bother about the state of the temple and thus continues into the amphitheater without saying much more. “Think this would be the kind of place to have a basement?”

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

That seems strange, why would a droid have a chronometer that only measures 100 years?

He states, "Likely the temple did have an underground area, most do. Those are likely to survive."

He asks, "Does this system have other planets further out from the sun?"

He is not sure what system he is even in.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid seemed to perk up a bit “that’s good” he moves towards the back of the temple. Rather quickly there’s some kind of entity that seems to be calling ,through the force, to come towards it as well as telling them to leave at the same time. “I know that there is more beyond this planet, but I have no concept of it in my memory banks. I am merely a small fish in a river who can’t begin to imagine the ocean.” He continues to follow the call of the entity

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis senses the conflicting urges in the force, uncertain what they mean.

He replies to A-bac, "Your programming is probably deliberately limited, though for what reason I do not know. Let us proceed and see what lies before us."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“It’s likely due to the sith holocrons inside of me.” He continues forward before he finds a door way to a stairwell leading downwards. Almost immediately he heads down without any hesitation.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis frowns a bit, "I have never encountered a holocron, but from what I understand they have a regenerative energy source and at least one programmed personality that acts as a gatekeeper to prevent a student from accessing the information until they are ready. They also can only be accessed by the force sensitive."

That would explain why the droid has some force abilities, if it is intended to probe the holocrons, such would be required.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

As soon as Talis set foot on the last step he suddenly found himself in a pitch black room with a single door way filled with a white light that obscured everything beyond it.

Just beyond the blinding light of the door is a large forest filled with a blanket of snow. The snow is very strange as it makes no sound or even feels like it’s beneath his feet but he still displaces it like normal snow and leaves foot prints as he walks.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis pauses to take in his surroundings. Where did the Droid go? The lack of physical sensations indicates this is a highly realistic hologram of some sort. He will carefully open himself to the force to see if he can detect the Droid's presence. If the illusion is force based, rather than light based, he will quickly close his mind and try to shut out the illusion.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Despite reaching out to the force Talis doesn’t appear to gain any answers. Instead only more questions as everything feels both real and fake at the same time. A bac is completely not there, and while there are telltale suggestions that this in a force inclusion they quickly disappear almost as soon as he notices them. Even the snow beneath his feet begins to crunch out of no where.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Well, Talis is not particularly skilled at shutting out the force. Illusions in a temple are likely to be some form of training or testing simulation. He will just have to find his way through it, if he can.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

A bird suddenly flew down and landed on a branch in-front of Talis. It stared deep into her eyes before suddenly flying around him only to take off into the distance. Then the forest returned to it’s deep silence. Only the light sound of the wind making any sort of sound.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis, seeing no other clue, starts following the direction the bird went. He keeps alert, as best he can, for dangers of any type.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Eventually Talis found himself at the edge of a massive clearing with a tall tower in the middle. Various strange shapes hiding just under the surface of the snow.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis pauses at the edge of the clearing, studying. The goal here would appear to be to reach the tower, the shapes covered by snow should, thus, be a challenge to prevent reaching the tower. The question becomes what form the challenge is intended to take.

Talis thinks, If this is a Sith test, the challenge is probably to defeat a number of guardians that will rise from the snow, the intent will be to provoke rage. Likely the test will detect my emotional state, so I will have to feel the emotions, but not give in to the emotions nor use the emotions to channel the force. A good test of discipline, even if not what the makes probably intended.

Drawing his sword, he travels toward the tower, seeking to avoid passing close to the snow shapes.

Assume these are living creatures or machines that in some way react to disturbances, caution seems to be in order, especially not drawing attention. Therefore, move slowly and quietly so as to avoid alerting their senses if possible.

Talis reminds himself, That may be difficult, with this substance under my feet crunching with every step I take. Now let me think, what was that exercise the master had me do with crossing fields of loose pumice?
OOC Comments
Elemental Manipulation, Focus Difficulty -1
Focus 1d8!!-1: [6]-1 = 5 , Wild Focus 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Stealth 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2 , Wild Stealth 1d6+1!!: [5]+1 = 6

Forgot to make this roll explodable, but posting it to keep me from reminding me of it later 1d6+1: [3]+1 = 4

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Suddenly out of seeming no where an arrow appeared mere centimeters from talis’s foot. It was unclear if it was actually intended as a warning but it succeeded in bringing attention a figure who stood upon the top of the tower. This began a stand still as the archer didn’t fire a second time, but instead seemed to merely wait for some reason.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis is already holding his sword in his hand. He could use the blade, and the force, to deflect arrows...they should be much easier than blaster bolts. However, he thinks that this...well he is not sure if it is a being or a projection...that it could sense it if he drew upon the force further and might consider it a hostile move. Perhaps a little patience to see what they are up to. There are likely several ways through this test, and even more ways to fail.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The figure merely stood there silently as it watched over the entirety of the clearing. Only moving ever so slightly as it did so.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

If this is a living creature, it would normally follow a warning shot with instructions. This being made no such statement. Well if it were human...not all species think the same.

Talis attempts to learn from the Force the right general course of action. Should he continue towards the tower and be prepared to deflect arrows? Should he retreat? Should he stand his ground and greet the archer? Is there some other course of action he needs to try?

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The force seemed to only give vague answers that didn’t seem to make any decision seem like the right one. The figure meanwhile continued to stand still. Only moving to suddenly shot an arrow off into the distance at a random bird.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis,not getting any guidance from the Force, tries using logic, If I assume this is an illusion covering up some real and reasonably normal thing, then it is likely to be some sort of device triggered by a motion detector. The device, I would judge, can shoot only one direction at a time, thus it being represented as a man with a bow. If this is the case, and if the "snow" also represents something real, such as fallen leaves that have drifted in through the entrance over the years, then the best way to proceed is to use the force to cause the "snow" to whirl about through the air, making it full of diverting false motions.

Suiting actions to thoughts, Talis calls upon the Force to raise whatever is on the ground into a swirling storm of particulates.

Post Reply

Return to “Episodes”