Episode 1.1 Talis

Not as good as the original, better than the prequels.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid continues into the town. The town appears like a standardly small town however there’s a strange feeling of watchfulness from the towns folk who silently watch them both. Even the children see them and start jumping up and down all excited before a few adults collect them up and lead them off.

It appears that the droid doesn’t pay this any mind as he continues on to head towards the center of town. “This is indeed surprising...” the droid says but doesn’t offer any context.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis comments, "Something unusual is clearly going on, we will have to be cautious."

Talis tries to figure out which of the two of them is attracting more attention. He might need to talk with someone to find out what is going on. Likely there will be someone sent to speak with them, that is the way it usually works. Either to find out who they are, or to ask them to leave (or both).

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid still continues on to the center of town where there is a medium sized, well kept amphitheater. “This is indeed strange...the design of the temple usually keeps people away. I’m hoping it didn’t get destroyed...”

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis decides to turn the tables on the droid, "And how will you feel if it has? Will you feel loss or anger?"

Most droids, except some type 5 work droids, have some capacity to at least emulate emotion.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid looks at him “of course, it belonged to a good friend of mine. In fact it’s probably the last I have of them. And I was suppose to take care of it along with many other temples...instead I’ve been failing over and over. At least unlike the Jedi that destroyed them I have the capacity to accept I feel something.”

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis inquires, "How long have you been at this anyway? If many temples which once belonged to your friends have fallen into ruins, it sounds like you have been functioning for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years."

If that is the case...well it is interesting information at least.

He adds, "Many Jedi do feel emotions. Things like Arrogance in the certainty they are superior to those without their force abilities are quite common I am told."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“I am unsure of how old I am, The chronometer maxes at 100 revolutions.” He appears more and more bother about the state of the temple and thus continues into the amphitheater without saying much more. “Think this would be the kind of place to have a basement?”

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

That seems strange, why would a droid have a chronometer that only measures 100 years?

He states, "Likely the temple did have an underground area, most do. Those are likely to survive."

He asks, "Does this system have other planets further out from the sun?"

He is not sure what system he is even in.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The droid seemed to perk up a bit “that’s good” he moves towards the back of the temple. Rather quickly there’s some kind of entity that seems to be calling ,through the force, to come towards it as well as telling them to leave at the same time. “I know that there is more beyond this planet, but I have no concept of it in my memory banks. I am merely a small fish in a river who can’t begin to imagine the ocean.” He continues to follow the call of the entity

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis senses the conflicting urges in the force, uncertain what they mean.

He replies to A-bac, "Your programming is probably deliberately limited, though for what reason I do not know. Let us proceed and see what lies before us."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“It’s likely due to the sith holocrons inside of me.” He continues forward before he finds a door way to a stairwell leading downwards. Almost immediately he heads down without any hesitation.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis frowns a bit, "I have never encountered a holocron, but from what I understand they have a regenerative energy source and at least one programmed personality that acts as a gatekeeper to prevent a student from accessing the information until they are ready. They also can only be accessed by the force sensitive."

That would explain why the droid has some force abilities, if it is intended to probe the holocrons, such would be required.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

As soon as Talis set foot on the last step he suddenly found himself in a pitch black room with a single door way filled with a white light that obscured everything beyond it.

Just beyond the blinding light of the door is a large forest filled with a blanket of snow. The snow is very strange as it makes no sound or even feels like it’s beneath his feet but he still displaces it like normal snow and leaves foot prints as he walks.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis pauses to take in his surroundings. Where did the Droid go? The lack of physical sensations indicates this is a highly realistic hologram of some sort. He will carefully open himself to the force to see if he can detect the Droid's presence. If the illusion is force based, rather than light based, he will quickly close his mind and try to shut out the illusion.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Despite reaching out to the force Talis doesn’t appear to gain any answers. Instead only more questions as everything feels both real and fake at the same time. A bac is completely not there, and while there are telltale suggestions that this in a force inclusion they quickly disappear almost as soon as he notices them. Even the snow beneath his feet begins to crunch out of no where.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Well, Talis is not particularly skilled at shutting out the force. Illusions in a temple are likely to be some form of training or testing simulation. He will just have to find his way through it, if he can.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

A bird suddenly flew down and landed on a branch in-front of Talis. It stared deep into her eyes before suddenly flying around him only to take off into the distance. Then the forest returned to it’s deep silence. Only the light sound of the wind making any sort of sound.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis, seeing no other clue, starts following the direction the bird went. He keeps alert, as best he can, for dangers of any type.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Eventually Talis found himself at the edge of a massive clearing with a tall tower in the middle. Various strange shapes hiding just under the surface of the snow.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis pauses at the edge of the clearing, studying. The goal here would appear to be to reach the tower, the shapes covered by snow should, thus, be a challenge to prevent reaching the tower. The question becomes what form the challenge is intended to take.

Talis thinks, If this is a Sith test, the challenge is probably to defeat a number of guardians that will rise from the snow, the intent will be to provoke rage. Likely the test will detect my emotional state, so I will have to feel the emotions, but not give in to the emotions nor use the emotions to channel the force. A good test of discipline, even if not what the makes probably intended.

Drawing his sword, he travels toward the tower, seeking to avoid passing close to the snow shapes.

Assume these are living creatures or machines that in some way react to disturbances, caution seems to be in order, especially not drawing attention. Therefore, move slowly and quietly so as to avoid alerting their senses if possible.

Talis reminds himself, That may be difficult, with this substance under my feet crunching with every step I take. Now let me think, what was that exercise the master had me do with crossing fields of loose pumice?
OOC Comments
Elemental Manipulation, Focus Difficulty -1
Focus 1d8!!-1: [6]-1 = 5 , Wild Focus 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Stealth 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2 , Wild Stealth 1d6+1!!: [5]+1 = 6

Forgot to make this roll explodable, but posting it to keep me from reminding me of it later 1d6+1: [3]+1 = 4

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Suddenly out of seeming no where an arrow appeared mere centimeters from talis’s foot. It was unclear if it was actually intended as a warning but it succeeded in bringing attention a figure who stood upon the top of the tower. This began a stand still as the archer didn’t fire a second time, but instead seemed to merely wait for some reason.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis is already holding his sword in his hand. He could use the blade, and the force, to deflect arrows...they should be much easier than blaster bolts. However, he thinks that this...well he is not sure if it is a being or a projection...that it could sense it if he drew upon the force further and might consider it a hostile move. Perhaps a little patience to see what they are up to. There are likely several ways through this test, and even more ways to fail.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The figure merely stood there silently as it watched over the entirety of the clearing. Only moving ever so slightly as it did so.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

If this is a living creature, it would normally follow a warning shot with instructions. This being made no such statement. Well if it were human...not all species think the same.

Talis attempts to learn from the Force the right general course of action. Should he continue towards the tower and be prepared to deflect arrows? Should he retreat? Should he stand his ground and greet the archer? Is there some other course of action he needs to try?

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The force seemed to only give vague answers that didn’t seem to make any decision seem like the right one. The figure meanwhile continued to stand still. Only moving to suddenly shot an arrow off into the distance at a random bird.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis,not getting any guidance from the Force, tries using logic, If I assume this is an illusion covering up some real and reasonably normal thing, then it is likely to be some sort of device triggered by a motion detector. The device, I would judge, can shoot only one direction at a time, thus it being represented as a man with a bow. If this is the case, and if the "snow" also represents something real, such as fallen leaves that have drifted in through the entrance over the years, then the best way to proceed is to use the force to cause the "snow" to whirl about through the air, making it full of diverting false motions.

Suiting actions to thoughts, Talis calls upon the Force to raise whatever is on the ground into a swirling storm of particulates.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

A fury of arrows flies into the cloud almost instantly but soon stops as it starts to calm somewhat. The figure despite having fired almost as quickly as a repeating blaster still seems to have even more arrows at the ready
OOC Comments
Depending on where talis was in relation to the cloud he could have been hit

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis decides the illusion is probably covering a blaster turret or something similar. He keeps the whirling clouds in the air while advancing slowly, deflecting the few blaster bolts that come his way.

Eventually he will reach the foot of the tower, if there are no other obstacles (and if he can keep up his concentration that long).

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The first figure is suddenly reinforced by another as they continue to fire arrows into every sound Talis makes. The arrows wizzing though the air with pin point accuracy as they hailed down on the young man. They certainly felt as close to arrows as Talis would be able to tell.
OOC Comments
Up to you how much he knows about Super ancient tech
and they also sounded solid as the fell into the soft embrace of the snow. The arrows were quick but the distance enabled Talis to have enough warning before one buried into his skull.
OOC Comments
So I’m thinking about simplifying it to a fighting roll for deflecting at least in this situation. Roll 3 times, each roll representing about how far away from the tower you are. At the farthest range you roll normally, second roll with a -1 and the third is a -3. Feel completely free to think up ways to reduce their ability to hit you.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Apparently the system brought another turret online to deal with the multiple threats, perhaps an alternate method is suggested. Talis, instead of keeping the "snow" moving, forms it into a solid layer over the area. If this works right, it will block the motion detectors from sensing any motion that happens under the cover layer.

Within the illusion terms, the snow will keep anything below the surface from being seen. The only trouble being the weight, it will be a lot of snow to hold aloft. And, of course, it assumes they do not also have pressure sensors on the ground. Hopefully the snow layer will also block shots in that event.
OOC Comments
What would Talis know of ancient tech? He did not have exactly a great education, he would know what he would have seen in the prison mines of Kessel. he might have seen knives made from scrap, but I am not sure how bows could be made from available materials.

Whether it is using Fighting or Focus, the rolls are the same as 1d8, so...
Round 1: Defense 1d8!!-1: [3]-1 = 2 , Wild Defense 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Round 2: Defense 1d8!!-2: [6]-2 = 4 , Wild Defense 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Round 3: Defense 1d8!!-3: [4]-3 = 1 , Wild Defense 1d6!!-3: [11!!]-3 = 8

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

OOC Comments
Damage for the shot that initially hit him.
Snow gives him +2 armor, but the bows have ap 1 so net toughness 6

Normal damage
1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3
1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3
Wild die
1d6+2: [1]+2 = 3

Shaken but not stirred
Talis quickly felt the arrow pierce deep into his foot. Although fortunately deep with a foot is relatively not deep at all. He was mostly fine despite the odd pain while walking. The arrow certainly didn’t feel like it was a illusion covering a blaster bolt. It truly felt like a stick of barbed wood in his foot.
Dice rolls
2d6+2: [4, 5]+2 = 11

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis felt the hit and drew on his training to keep moving anyway, although he dropped down to crawl forward. This would slow him little more than he would be slowed walking on the hurt foot, and would let him lower the snow. Not to make it easier to lift, but to bring it closer to normal ground level to fool the sensors better.

He felt a second attack that barely missed him and heard another that struck somewhere nearby. Apparently the plan IS working, as he reaches the base of the tower without being further perforated.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

As he moves forward he can hear the sound of arrows continuing to slam into the snow above him. One even pierces through the snow. Luckily it stopped a mere foot from his face however a second arrow split the first down the middle and got much closer to Talis than he likely would have been comfortable with. Which showed that even with the snow blocking view of him. The archers still knew exactly where he was located.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis remembers his teaching. "Fear exists to warn you of danger and to help you prepare, acknowledge fear, but do not let it control you or stop you from doing what must be done," is something his master said to him once.

So he knows there is danger, the chemicals his body is producing will make his senses keener and his reflexes faster. He accepts the fear, but his mind is at peace, it is only a warning, it shall not control him

He continues on, seeking a way into the tower that will not leave him perforated. He trusts the force to show him the path.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The arrows continue to rain down upon him even as he reaches the base of the tower. And here the arrows are more accurate and more often as the archers seek to halt him.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1.1 Talis

Post by Talis »

Talis has made it this far, but sees little clue what to do next. He considered trying to grab their weapons away, but he seriously doubted it would work.

He thinks, Try working within the context of the vision. Can I sabotage those weapons? Say break those strings they launch the missiles with?

He will have to release the snow, as he can not concentrate on so many things at once, but it may buy him time as they replace the broken strings. They probably have replacements, but it should take a moment to get them.

He glances around and locates a sharp-looking rock, then releases the snow to fall back to the ground while aiming the rock at his target (s).

Part of him wants to attack the shooters with the rock, but his master did tell him to use the force for knowledge and defense, not to attack. Disarming them does not actually count as an attack.

He wonders briefly what he is actually doing outside the vision. Creating an overload in the turret aiming circuit? Pulling a wire? It does not really matter, as long as it achieves the effect. He trusts the force to find a way.

Post Reply

Return to “Episodes”