Episode 1: Milk Run

Not as good as the original, better than the prequels.
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Isis Netaxi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:33 am
Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis read that note. That wasn’t ominous at all. “We aren’t being paid to deal with a force cult,” she said. “If they get in the way of the job, then we’ll deal with them. For now, let’s go see these guards, see if we can’t get some authentic uniforms and comms off them. Looking the part is half the job.”
Kaelin wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:54 am
"Uniforms could be good." Said Kaelin, though without any real conviction. "Though having a backup plan would be better."

"Either way, sooner we get this job done the better."

Kyrin nods, "Agreed on all counts. But there was a lot of heat there so yeah lets get some disguises and info from those loosers. We could also try militia bars for information. If I can make some friends and score some electronic message account addresses I can hack em for relevant work messages like shift schedules, pick up and delivery times, stuff like that. Maybe hijacking a scheduled pick up then posing as drivers and guards can get us in and out with no one the wiser until it's too late. But first we have gear to pick up."
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

A lone teenage* looking Wookiee suddenly rushed in from the back before running up to slim. He whispered as much as he could manage before slim sighed. “My associate just informed me that our informant for the other team just disappeared. They might be reacting to our presence and thus they might have changed the time table. I’ll have-“ he points to the Wookiee before going silent. “-I’ll have this one watch the ration facility. He’ll call you when the raid has begun”

*referring to the equivalent as teenage as opposed to actually teen aged

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“So we may be on a slimmer schedule than we thought,” Isis said when Slim related what the Wookie said. “I think this just turned into a smash and grab. We had best get a fast getaway cargo vehicle and disguise anything about us that could identify us, and hit it hard and fast. That Mandalorian is going to be difficult,” she mused. “Who wants to grab the truck?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis inquires, "Might we be better off waiting for the cultist attack and letting them draw the primary response from the Republic?"

He is no expert on strategy, but it seems a valid question.

User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Talis wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:32 am
Talis inquires, "Might we be better off waiting for the cultist attack and letting them draw the primary response from the Republic?"
"That seems like our only option, doesn't it" Kyrin does not seem happy to be rushed,
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim scratched the brim of his nose. Some old skin quickly flaking off. “I can’t say much about what ever approach you wish to take. However I can look into getting you that vehicle.”

Note to the players:
So I’m going to roll how many “encounters” you have left until the attack on the facility. Thus you can use each “encounter” to get vehicles, get the uniforms, research/recon more, and general tasks and errands. You can decide as a group how you want to tackle things or you can just start running about doing what ever you desire. It up to you guys.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis notes, "My original suggestion still works, get militia uniforms and transport and possibly one or two of the militia officers to play the part of our leader and come running when the attack happens."

It may be even better now, since we know who to get to help us.

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim “I have plenty of junker speeders. They don’t stand out but lack in performance. If you want something more than that you’ll have to steal it or buy it your self” he then puts down a data pad with an address and some names “and the Militia in question board out of this living complex.” A quick look at the pad reveals that there’s 6 members in total.

Notice check
OOC Comments
theres a few names that suggest there is one Wookiee, and two that aren’t humanoid shaped

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis notes, "Junkers are likely to be less conspicuous, and if we steal anything, it may place the clones on alert."

He has personal objections to stealing when not required as well, but better someone else raise such points. He is trying to appear competent and possibly a bit Jaded, rather than young and inexperienced.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6!!: [4] = 4 , Wild Notice: 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"So..." Begin Kaelin. "How are we getting the uniforms?"

"I mean, sneaking inta the militia barracks would probably be easier than the compound."
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis looks surprised, "I believe the plan was to go speak to them. Some of them have gambling debts, I am uncertain if we are planning to offer to help them pay, or to threaten to collect though."

He glances at the list, "The problem appears to be that only half of them are human, those are the ones we will have to have come with us so as to not attract attention. Anyone in a uniform who is the right size can likely pass for a short time, but Wookies and others can stand out."

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Human is such a subjective term...." Kaelin said, holding up her four digit hand.

"Anyway, why are we still here?"
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim spoke up “I’m wondering the same thing”

Assuming no one is doing other things you arrive at the address listed on the data pad. It seems much less like a barracks and more like a run down apartment complex with a barbed fence. Just inside of the fence is a very old looking woman waddling about seeming to give no care in the world to any one in her way. That might suggest that either this is actually an apartment complex or no one bothers to get rid of her

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis comments, "Given that this is Militia, not regular military, I would venture to guess the are renting regular apartments to use as barracks. Do we enter together or leave some outside to keep watch for trouble?"

Talis is not familiar enough with this kind of situation to decide, so hopefully the others are.

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

The moment everyone exits Slim's Venc is instantly on his feet. His rifle would looked polished, but he has detailed every inch of it, so the weapon is in working order. His armor would be spotless but that throws off the look he is trying to achieve. Chomps is of course on his feet before Venc, waiting to head off on a new adventure.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

“The junker should work fine,” Isis told Slim. “Then we don’t have to worry about stealing one. I’ll take a look at it and see if I can fix it up to work better.”

When asked how they were going to get uniforms, Isis looked at Talis. “I was just going to shoot them, but if you want to talk, I guess we could try that first.”

Standing outside the apartment complex, Isis rested her hand on her fire blaster and eyed the old woman and the apartment complex. Security looked light to nonexistent. “See anyone you like?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Cin vhetin." Kaelin says to Venc when he joins the group after they left Slim.

She watches the bounty hunter to see his reaction, whether he accepted her offer of wiping the slate clean and having a fresh start.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Kaelin wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:21 pm
"Cin vhetin." Kaelin says to Venc when he joins the group after they left Slim.

She watches the bounty hunter to see his reaction, whether he accepted her offer of wiping the slate clean and having a fresh start.
Behind his visored helmet, not much can be seen, but a quick nod of the helmet gives @Kaelin the confirmation she needs.

"Tug'yc. Cin vhetin."

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

A few militia pass by and give the group some passing glances, but since they players aren’t out of the ordinary, or more accurately, aren’t out of the ordinary here. The militia doesn’t really pay them any mind before heading into the gate towards the apartment building.

A random man meanwhile walks up before actively engaging with the group “hello there, you all look like you could use my help. There’s not many situations where a Jedi isn’t useful and so I’m sure if you are hiring I’d be more than helpful.” He holds his hand out and suddenly picks up a random can without touching it. However it quickly crushed before falling to the ground “uh...I meant to do that...”
Random man’s persuasion roll
1d8: [4] = 4
OOC Comments
He’s a con man, but he has some very convincing tricks as he is actually using the force just not well
Additionally a man in a mask seems to perk up at Venc and kaelin’s mandolorian conversation and leaves rather quickly.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis decides to let some of the others interact with the fool. This man is clearly no Jedi, even though he is using the force. He is also aware some of the others have expressed negative opinions of Jedi in the past. He expects to find their replies somewhat amusing.
OOC Comments
Perception: 1d6!!: [3] = 3 , Wild Perception 1d6!!: [5] = 5
He notes the fact that a masked stranger reacts to whatever two were saying in their language, if they do not make note of it, he may point it out to them.

AFTER some of the others have commented on the fake Jedi, he will say, "Truthfully, I have met a Droid who can do better."

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Notice 5
Notice 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
"Vor'e." Kaelin replies to Venc, giving him a simple nod before saying. "We've gots work ta do."

She then notices the supposed 'Jedi' and his less than convincing act. "Ya right, that ain't many situations where a Jedi isn't useful....but this is one o' 'em."

"Good luck with the next lot ta come through."
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

To the conman.

"You maybe a Force user, friend, but no Jedi."

"I understand that misuing the Force is a good way to the Darkside. Wait around, I am sure Lord Vadar's hounds will be around for you shortly."

Venc whistles to Chomps and send him out after the masked man.

"Got business to attend to. Someone has taken an interest in us."


Survival 1d8!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The conman groans a bit a goes to walk off however we quickly turns back around to try and bother the group again. “Ok I’m a failed Jedi, but that’s still useful right” he continued talking and trying to play up himself but most of it doesn’t work after one realizes he’s a con man

Chomps meanwhile prowls after the masked figure before suddenly leaping up and grabbing onto their back. After a few moments of flailing the figure quickly tries to run off.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis was eying the barracks when the man claiming to be a Jedi approached them.

“Jedi? Take your crazy elsewhere,” Isis said, reaching for the blaster at her hip. “What would we need from a Jedi?”

The man ran off when Chomps took issue with him.

“Okay, so how are we doing this? Just walking in? Jumping someone? What’s the plan?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis admits to himself, That is a good question.

He says, "My vote is we walk in like we have every right to be here. An appearance of confidence averts suspicion, in my admittedly limited experience."

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

“It does,” Isis agreed with Talis. “We playing new recruits? With orders to report to the storage depot? Transfer orders got lost in red tape or something?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Sounds like our only real option." Kaelin shrugs. "Tis not like we have any fancy gear or intel fer that matter."

"Surely one or two o' us could sneak in round the back as a Plan B?"
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

“Let’s not let the grass grow then,” Isis said, striding off toward the barracks entrance like she belonged there. She followed a small group inside and looked around. “Who’s in charge here?” she asked.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

As Isis charged forward, Kaelin opted to hang back in order to spot for trouble. It was her intention to be ready in case things went sour or a complication arose, she had long since learned that things rarely went smoothly. Plus her mentor had always drilled it into her to be ready for anything.

Notice 12
Notice 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

+2 if Danger Sense kicks off
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

One of the militia men ,Who is a young looking twi’lek who has a large scar on his right tentacle, jumps for a bit as Isis walks up after a moment to compose him self he finally says “oh uh the land lady’s office is just inside the building. Although she’s likely not there. If she is don’t eat any of the caramel candies she offers you.” They then walk off. The feeling here is far from military and is more collage dorms like as the militia men joke around and drink booze. Others are triedly rushing off to work in a patch work of a uniform.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis follows Isis, he is not certain if that is right, as he looks as young as he is. He possibly might give the game away. Should he have stsyed outside?

He reminds Isis, "We have a list of names, perhaps we should ask for someone on it?"

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Notice 5
Notice 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Persuasion 7
Persuasion 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis glanced at Talis. “Sure. You ask around about the names. I’ll look around for a laundry or storage or something and get us some uniforms, or see this land lady,” she told him. “Let’s be ready to hop on the next transport over to the storehouse.”

Isis started poking around, occasionally being friendly and talking to people, acting like she belonged here.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Stealth 15
Stealth 1d6!!+1: [10!!]+1 = 11
Wild 1d6!!+1: [14!!]+1 = 15
Kaelin shrugged.

Isis didn't specify anything for Kaelin to do other than the broad command she'd given to Talis, so Kaelin took that as a cue to act on her own discretion.

They needed militia uniforms and Kaelin was going to get them her way; primarily involving sneaking into the building and swiping what uniforms she found. She'd managed to sneak past some Clone Troopers, a bunch of militia soldiers should be a piece of cake in comparison.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis checks the list of names to see of any of them happen to include some kind of rank denotation. If any do, he will look around for someone and tell them, "Excuse me, I was told to report to (Insert officer name and rank), could you direct me to him please?"

If not, he will try saying, "I was asked to report here following recruitment, but my orders were rather vague. Who is in charge here to report to?" Hopefully that will be someone on our list...
OOC Comments
Persuade 1d6!!: [4] = 4 , Wild Persuade 1d6!!: [3] = 3

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc follows after Chomps and is pleased to see that the Nexu kitten is playfully licking the man while sitting on him. Coming up and to the side of Chomps, Venc eyes the wet slobbered on figure beneath the furball. Squating down, Venc rubs the cat between his ears and down his back. Chomps turns his head and grins at Venc.

Poking the drenched figure @Padawan_GM1 with the but of his blaster rifle, "What do we have here?"

OOC Comments
Kaelin wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:59 pm
As Isis charged forward, Kaelin opted to hang back in order to spot for trouble. It was her intention to be ready in case things went sour or a complication arose, she had long since learned that things rarely went smoothly. Plus her mentor had always drilled it into her to be ready for anything.

Notice 12
Notice 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
Wild 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5

+2 if Danger Sense kicks off

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The figure quickly grabbed the butt of the blaster and quickly tried to whisper out to him “Udesii! Udesii Ner Vod!” He then spoke in a regular volume “are you...’one’ as well? Or wait don’t answer that, incautious blabber can destroy entire planets”

The highest ranking on the list was a “Sgt select corporal Nej Terren.” Talis eventually got a finger in the right direction although the militia directing him didn’t know the exact room number, just the hallway.
OOC Comments

Roll a die to determine if he’s there or out an about or not.
Although there’s also the chance that you can’t even find his door anyways either.

1-3 he’s no there
4-6 he’s there but heavily asleep/too drunk to open the door
7 he’s drunk but answers the door
8-10 he answers the door
Kaelin quickly came about the laundry room. Washers and dryers filled with uniforms laid just out of reach, behind a door with a key code to open it. It had a green light brightly glowing on top and on the key pad it’s self it had four buttons that seemed a lot more worn down than the rest. Those numbers were 2,4,7 and 9 and were likely the code derived from those.

Isis quickly found herself getting the attention of a rather portly but short creature that appeared sentient. However it seemed to only communicated in a language that sounded weirdly familiar.

Common knowledge/notice to figure things out (both could be reasonably applicable)

Skill check
OOC Comments
It appears like he is speaking in a language that appears very close to huttese. Regardless it doesn’t take a genus to realize the creature is acting like a creep

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc pulls chomps off and apologies to the man outloud while straightening his clothing. "Excuse my feline friend. Aliit. He is very friendly."

Venc holds Chomps by the collar with his right hand, the rifle butt is planted firmly on the ground, and if the other man could see behind the helmet, Venc is seething.

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis gets directions to the right hall, though not anything as specific as the right room. That could be unfortunate, but at least he is getting closer. If he finds anyone in the hall, he will try to get more specific directions, asking, "Pardon me, I am looking for Sergeant select Corporal Nej Terran, I was told his room is in this hall but was not told which one it is, could you direct me to him please." If there are labels on the doors, he will try to read them. In general, he will try to gather a bit of information.
OOC Comments
Unfortunately, do not have he Research skill, but anyway...
Research 1d4!!-2: [6!!]-2 = 4 , Wild Research 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5 , Wild Notice 1d6!!: [21!!] = 21
Persuade 1d6!!: [1] = 1 , Wild Persuade 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Is he there: 1d10: [9] = 9

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Common Knowledge 15
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [15!!] = 15
Notice 1; critical failture
Notice 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis got herself cornered by a portly alien speaking some language she didn’t know, but it was a bit familiar. She tried to listen closely to see if she could pick anything out.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin ran her tongue over her teeth as she studied the key pad, trying to figure the most likely combination. She assumed that the militia were hired more for their brawn than their brains, so the combination had to be something straight forward. The real question then was which way round was the order of the numbers?

Course, the only way to find out was to try the numbers in different orders. First one she tried was the most simplistic; 2479.
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The man sits up “it’s fine” he sighed before he quickly stood up. “...you’re more polite than the bounty hunters I expected, regardless I already made a deal where I would be allowed to attempt to redeem myself, so you’re just waisting time.”

As Talis looks through the various doors in the hallway he doesn’t exactly find a name or label but he does find a door with graffiti on it. It appears to say something the lines of “Corporal &$$@-wad”. On the assumption he knocks he turns out to be correct as a humanoid with corporal strips on his sleeves opens the door.
“What do you want?!?” He says in a rather ill-tempered manor.

While not easily clear what the alien is saying it was something along the lines of him wondering if he “has to pay for her” he is likely going to be far from helpful, but Isis could in theory have a few clever ideas to make him more useful, alternatively she could just get him out the way through any of her bounty hunter equipment.

The green light on the key pad flashed green for a few moments. Which was initially a good sign but there wasn’t any sound of the electric bolts disengaging.

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc looks away briefly like he was looking at something man was pointing out and then turns and
Fighting 1d4!!: [6!!] = 6 Wild 1d6!!: [14!!] = 14
into the side of the man's head. With the man knocked out, Venc pulls a scabrat from his pack and rubs the fresh carcass all over the man's face. Then steps back and watches as Chomps begins licking and nibbling on the man.

Whispering to Chomps, "Find me when you are done."

Thinking to himself, the guy's face is going to be so raw and red, he will be unrecognizable.

Venc heads back to follow after the team.

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Persuasion 7
Persuasion 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis smiled. “Oh, honey, you couldn’t afford me,” she said. “But maybe you can help me. I’m new, just signed on. Do you think you can find some uniforms for me and my friends?” She batted her eyes a bit, trying the talking instead of punching route while in the middle of a militia barracks.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin paused for a moment, making sure she couldn't hear any alarms or running feet. This looked like it was going to take some time, though she hoped that it didn't take too long least she be discovered in the act. Looking at the pad once more, she decided to try a slightly different order.

Once again she punched in a code; 2497
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The man lays there easily knocked out
OOC Comments
stat wise he had a chance at not being knocked out by even a 14 fighting, but let’s just say it does for plot connivence
a random individual gives a passing glance and after a few moments goes to relieve him of his belongings

The creature thinks about things and says something almost unintelligible

Language check
OOC Comments
He says he doesn’t know anything about the proper way to get uniforms but he knows there’s a sort of “hand me down” area in the laundry room. He adds that the key pad on the door is a fake and that the locks don’t actually work anymore
As Kaelin punches in the Code the green light suddenly flashed red before the key pad made a popping noise. The kind that would tell a mechanic exactly want went wrong if they had heard it. There was a sound of an electric bolt trying to move but an award observe would notice that it didn’t sound like a “complete moment”
OOC Comments
Thus there’s a notice check for that

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Padawan_GM1 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 am
As Talis looks through the various doors in the hallway he doesn’t exactly find a name or label but he does find a door with graffiti on it. It appears to say something the lines of “Corporal &$$@-wad”. On the assumption he knocks he turns out to be correct as a humanoid with corporal strips on his sleeves opens the door.
“What do you want?!?” He says in a rather ill-tempered manor.
Talis replies, "Sir, this is business, did you wish it discussed publicly?"

He thinks, Well, at least I found him, now to persuade him to bring us along.
OOC Comments
Sorry about the delay, finally got back to work and am re-adjusting to my schedule.
Persuasion 1d6!!: [2] = 2 , Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Trying to understand 5
Common Knowledge 1d4!!: [5!!] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis managed to make out what the creature was saying, and she beamed in delight at it. “Thank you so much for your help,” she said. “I’ll buy you a drink when we’re off duty.”

Leaving him behind, she headed off in the direction indicated for the laundry room. The security here was more lax than she had expected, but she wasn’t complaining. She entered the laundry room and looked around for the hand me down section, or anything that might fit her and her friends.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Huh." Kaelin muttered as the lock seemed to develop a fault, though electronics weren't her strong point. Had something broken, or had something fallen into the lock and jamming it?

Could she see what the problem was?

Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The corporal looks at Talis and slightly closes the door. Making sure it is between the two of them before he whispers “what kind of business are we talking about?”

Isis walks right up as Kaelin realized that someone had actually taped down the bolt for locking the door to the laundry room. Rendering the entire system useless. The hand me down section is easy to find but it is a slight wonder that someone had managed to misspell “hand me down” in such a horrible way that it whipped right back around to being just a tad bit impressive. The only thing more “impressive” if one would dare to use that as an adjective, was the smell of the cloths in this section. There were occasional shirts with what one could only hope was blood and there were others that obviously were designed for more slimy creatures however because of people tossing cloths at random it was now leaking onto all of the other cloths in the pile it was in.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Oh hey." Kaelin muttered as Isis arrived. "Any luck?"

"This seems like a wasted effort." She sighed, gesturing to the lock.
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Padawan_GM1 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:35 am
The corporal looks at Talis and slightly closes the door. Making sure it is between the two of them before he whispers “what kind of business are we talking about?”
Talis decides to stay reasonably honest, but lowers his voice and replies softly, "There are two different groups with an interest in the distribution station. One group is religious fanatics that intend to attack the site, which they believe to be an ancient temple, and take it over. The other group wants to have the site keep functioning and only desires a portion of the product for their own purposes. We represent the second group, which can make it worth your while...and we are here to reinforce you against an attack from the other group, which we believe will come soon."

Talis thinks, Judging by his initial reaction, he may be interested in the offer. Hopefully I can persuade him to accept.
OOC Comments
Persuade 1d6!!: [4] = 4 , Wild Persuade 1d6!!: [4] = 4
To try to increase my Persuasion if I am not persuasive enough (boost): Focus 1d8!!-1: [4]-1 = 3 , Wild Focus 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Notice 9
Notice 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

“Problem?” Isis asked Kaelin. She studied the lock as well. “I think someone has been here before,” she mused. “Or else there is a consistent problem with the lock and they haven’t bothered to fix it.” She indicated the adhesive tape preventing the bolt from catching, then pushed the door right open.

The box of hand me down uniforms was...disgusting, to say the least. “Do we have time to do laundry, because I am not wearing that,” Isis said. She started to search the room for fresher uniforms, whether from lockers or from boxes of fresh, clean ones.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Grab wot we can and go." Kaelin suggested. "Last thing we need is ta get caught."

"Sure we can find some place else ta wash 'em."
Main Account: Stormwell

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Randomly determining cloths in the wash as opposed to those in the hand me down.

1d6: [4] = 4
OOC Comments
1 very little, mostly human/humanoid
2 moderate amount, mostly human/humanoid
3 more than enough, mostly human/humanoid
4 very little, mostly non human/humanoid
5 moderate amount, mostly non human/humanoid
6 more than enough, mostly non human/humanoid
The corporal stands there for a bit mostly opening and closing his mouth like a fish before he finally says “wait, what’s the catch? There’s always a catch?” The good news is at least that he doesn’t seem like he’s actively against Talis at the moment

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis frowns thoughtfully, "Actually, I am not certain either. I mean we do have to defend the depot from the pending attack, make the additional defenders seem like part of the militia, and get the supplies to the guy who hired us. That is all a given, but there is likely some catch WE were not told about."

Talis thinks, there might be something we are missing, but it is not like there are too many positions open either.
OOC Comments
Presuade 1d6!!: [5] = 5 , Wild Persuade 1d6!!: [2] = 2

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis quickly went through the wash. “Very little here for humans or humanoids,” she said, picking out what she could. “Okay, you’re right. We’ll have to hit a laundromat.” She found a wash bag to throw the soiled things into. “Okay. Let’s get out of here then.”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Instead of entering the building, Venc waited outside.
Stealth 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
, he waited for Chomps and the rest of the team.

His rifle sits across his knees as he is propped against a wall.

User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Isis Netaxi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:39 am
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis quickly went through the wash. “Very little here for humans or humanoids,” she said, picking out what she could. “Okay, you’re right. We’ll have to hit a laundromat.” She found a wash bag to throw the soiled things into. “Okay. Let’s get out of here then.”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
"Well there's some here." Kaelin pointed out. "Though I'd rather be elsewhere least we get caught."
Main Account: Stormwell

User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Laundry stench 2
Vigor 1d8!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Alsokul/Militia apartments
Day 1/Afternoon

“Maybe,” Isis said. Then she gagged on the stench of the unwashed, slimy clothes. “Oh, stars!” She hurried to a reclamator bin and hurled. “Space! They stink so bad, though.”

Gathering up the laundry, she shoved it into one of the washers, tossed in a detergent pod, and put it on the fastest setting. “We’ll just blend in for a little longer,” she told Kaelin. “After all, they’re looking for recruits.”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“A catch even you don’t know about?” said the corporal “unless you’re willing to pay off my gambling debts I’m not interested in the slightest.”

Venc wasn’t there long before some punk teenager came up with a gun and attempted to mug Venc for his rifle. Given the reputation of Mandalorians it was less a question of if the mugger would succeed a more a question of how much of him would still be attached when he left

As Kaelin and Isis wait for the washer an individual walks into and looks at them expectantly. That look and the sense that he didn’t actually command real authority like an NCO, implied that he was one of the lower ranking officers. Well those and his officer insignia. He continued looking at them before he finally spoke “ah, you must be new recruits, you’re suppose to call the room to attention when I come in” the individual didn’t seem like he would be hard to fool, but he did already seem like he would be annoying

User avatar
Talis
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Padawan_GM1 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:30 am
“A catch even you don’t know about?” said the corporal “unless you’re willing to pay off my gambling debts I’m not interested in the slightest.”
Talis notes, "We were promised 10 credits a ration, or 1100 for 100. I assume we would split that, so whether it can pay off your debts is entirely up to you and how many rations you are willing to arrange to have 'misplaced'."
OOC Comments
Persuasion: 1d6!!: [5] = 5 , Wild Persuade: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc notices the kid before he arrives but with his helmet on, its tough for anyone to read Venc or his facial expressions.

As the kid gets nearer, he tries steadying his nervousness by putting both hand on the butt of his pistol. "Mister, hand over that rifle nice and ..."

Rifle Butt Fighting 1d4!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Barrel Shooting 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
?

Venc raises the barrel end of the rifle ever so slowly and shoots nearly point blank. The muzzle flash causes the kid to drop his pistol and cover his eyes with his arms. He takes a low voltage blaster bolt to the chest, which knocks him to the ground.

"Kid. Best learn your weapons and study your targets better."

Venc has seen anyone come in or out of the compound and at the same time, worries that Chomps may actually be snacking on the poor guy he knocked cold in the alleyway.

Post Reply

Return to “Episodes”