Scheduled Maintenance:
 ! Message from: Tiree
Maintenance has been performed. If you are receiving a submitted form is in error, please delete your cookies for this site.

Episode 1: Milk Run

Not as good as the original, better than the prequels.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The net also caught the creature the blob jumped under as well as the blob. Causing the larger creature to flop down on top of the slime
Slime “agh! No! Let me go!” It attempt to squeeze it’s way out but it quickly recoiled back after the sting of electricity

As (or in the event that) Venc looked at Kaelin and for a fleeting second saw the after image of the snake creature appear over here before it was followed by an angelic like form almost immediately afterwards

One of slim’s lackeys finally walked up to the group. He had been sent by the serpent to keep a look out on the clones but he only arrived as they left.
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

With the slime caught up in her energy web, Isis strode over to the thing. She crouched down to its level.

“So let’s do this the nice way first before I call out my friends to do it the not so nice way,” she told the slime. “What are you? Who are you? And why are you watching us?” she asked, waving her blaster pistol in the general direction of the slime.

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kyrin Brand wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:10 pm "I second her concern, you alright sovro*? You ever break out in the cursed tongue before?" As he's talking to Venc he starts in the direction Isis and Chomps chased their prey. "Because this is starting to sound like some bad "ancient times" gulldrek juju. The kind that brings out those jedi counsel chigra*." The last word is wroonian and spoken in a suspicious tone.
* Wroonian words
These are not cannon just making up stuff for flavor.
Sovro= a term roughly meaning crewmate, originating in the distant past as a naval term for some serving on the same ship. In modern times it is used not only abord both nautical and space vessel crews but mercenary teams and other similar organizations

Chigra= Mythological wroonian beings of capricious nature with the ability to bend minds similar to fey creatures in fantasy settings. Now used as a mild pejorative for force users
"Ye know wot he said?" Kaelin asked, though she already had an inkling. "Least an idea o' wotever it is wants?"
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis waits and listens. He prefers not to let it be known that he has force training.

He adds to himself, Not that you could say I am a Jedi. My master may have been once, but after he decided the Jedi had taken a wrong turn, he went a different way. I suppose that makes him something other than a Jedi.

He is very interested in what is being said about talking in a cursed tongue and will move a bit closer to Kyrin to hear what the Wroonian has to say.
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Kaelin wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:27 pm
"Ye know wot he said?" Kaelin asked, though she already had an inkling. "Least an idea o' wotever it is wants?"
"I don't speak the language but I recognize it. It's Sith.' Before the inevitable question of how he recognizes it is even asked he continues, "Some so called rogue Jedi went Sith on my world centuries ago, started a sick death cult. As a kid for some reason I got curious about it and looked up old news vids. Scared the drek out of me so bad I still remember the sounds of their chants." He looks like he wants to spit to get a bad taste from his mouth for a second then he refocuses and turns to the approaching goons.

"Hey fellows, unless it's important we're still doing legwork and such. Be in when we're ready, okay?" His tone is politely dismissive and he turns back to the present team. "Let's go find Isis shall we?"
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kyrin Brand wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:06 am
Kaelin wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:27 pm
"Ye know wot he said?" Kaelin asked, though she already had an inkling. "Least an idea o' wotever it is wants?"
"I don't speak the language but I recognize it. It's Sith.' Before the inevitable question of how he recognizes it is even asked he continues, "Some so called rogue Jedi went Sith on my world centuries ago, started a sick death cult. As a kid for some reason I got curious about it and looked up old news vids. Scared the drek out of me so bad I still remember the sounds of their chants." He looks like he wants to spit to get a bad taste from his mouth for a second then he refocuses and turns to the approaching goons.

"Hey fellows, unless it's important we're still doing legwork and such. Be in when we're ready, okay?" His tone is politely dismissive and he turns back to the present team. "Let's go find Isis shall we?"
Kaelin stood thoughtful for a moment, her tongue running over her teeth as she debated something in her mind. She sighed and then stated. "It was asking fer help."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis frowns...and despite the fact he can thing of more than one way she could know, he decides to ask the obvious question, "How do you know that, Kaelin?"

He observes, I can think of three ways she could know. First, through body language and inflection she might make a good guess. Second, if the information was conveyed through the Force. Finally, she could actually understand Sith...which would beg the question of where she learned such an obscure language.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Talis wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm Talis frowns...and despite the fact he can thing of more than one way she could know, he decides to ask the obvious question, "How do you know that, Kaelin?"
"Well..." Kaelin replied a little hesitantly. "I poke round in places, ancient places."

"Learnt tis a good idea ta know whether the scratching on the walls warn 'bouts an acid pit or not."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis responds, "I can see why...wish the signs of danger were that obvious in the caverns..."

Natural hazards only come with warning signs if someone survived and put up that warning...
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Kyrin Brand wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:10 pm
Kaelin wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 pm Kaelin rubbed her arm as she warily kept an eye on Venc.

"That ye under yer helmet again?" She called out. "Not gonna weird out again are ya?"
"I second her concern, you alright sovro*? You ever break out in the cursed tongue before?" As he's talking to Venc he starts in the direction Isis and Chomps chased their prey. "Because this is starting to sound like some bad "ancient times" gulldrek juju. The kind that brings out those jedi counsel chigra*." The last word is wroonian and spoken in a suspicious tone.
* Wroonian words
These are not cannon just making up stuff for flavor.
Sovro= a term roughly meaning crewmate, originating in the distant past as a naval term for some serving on the same ship. In modern times it is used not only abord both nautical and space vessel crews but mercenary teams and other similar organizations

Chigra= Mythological wroonian beings of capricious nature with the ability to bend minds similar to fey creatures in fantasy settings. Now used as a mild pejorative for force users
"No idea. I lost track of things after I sent Chomps after the little space suit guy."

Looking up at the sky, he notes that there has been some passage of time. "What did I miss?"
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“What am I? Well what are you with your pink fleshy exterior!” He jiggled and flung his limbs around in the net as he grumbled. The innocent by stander meanwhile was very confused as to what was going on as he was pressed up against the net

Slim’s mook crosses his arm disliking the dismissive demeanor from the life form in-front of him. He decided follow kyrin instead of going back to his previous look out post.

Chomps mean while was pawing away at the net as I we trying to get a nice meal. Although he likely didn’t realize slime wasn’t the best menu item
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“You didn’t answer the most important question,” Isis reprimanded the slime caught in her netting. “Why were you watching us? Who sent you to spy on us? Give me a satisfactory answer, and I’ll let you go.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Isis Netaxi wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:52 am Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“You didn’t answer the most important question,” Isis reprimanded the slime caught in her netting. “Why were you watching us? Who sent you to spy on us? Give me a satisfactory answer, and I’ll let you go.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0

The yet to be named or left unnamed slime replies
“You can’t fool me mercenaries are all the same, I tell you and then you try to kill me”
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis sighed. “I could just kill you now,” she reminded. “Cooperation is the only way you get out of this.”
Persuasion 3
Persuasion 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc laughs at the 'slime's' reference to mercenaries.

"How do you rate trophy hunters? I know a few collectors that would be interested in you."

As Chomps continues to get at the slime, Venc calls the Nexu off. "Chomps, guard."

Persuasion Persuasion 1d4!: [3] = 3
Wild Wild 1d6!: [6!, 5] = 11
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Talis wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:22 am Talis responds, "I can see why...wish the signs of danger were that obvious in the caverns..."

Natural hazards only come with warning signs if someone survived and put up that warning...
Yeah...well..." Kaelin mutters. "Let's just go and see wot's Chomps' latest chew toy is shall we?"
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Noticing they still have a tail Kyrin turns to address the look out. "Look, you know we're working for your boss right? So let us do our job. If our it goes well I can tell him how you helped us nab this guy and maybe you'll get cut in on the side action. Or you can be a pain in my ass and then I'll let him know you missed spotting a spy then abandoned your post to harass us. Your call." He doesn't use a menacing tone, but one that's frank and blunt.
OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d8+1: [5]+1 = 6
Wild 1d6+1: [5]+1 = 6
Free reroll
persuasion 1d8+1: [5]+1 = 6
Wild 1d6+1: [5]+1 = 6
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Kaelin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:08 pm Yeah...well..." Kaelin mutters. "Let's just go and see wot's Chomps' latest chew toy is shall we?"
Talis agrees, "We should speak with him before the power cell on the energy grid runs dry."

He heads over to where the odd slime creature is, wondering all kinds of things about the species whose answers his education lout not let him understand. He wonders, How does a species like this maintain control of its parts when they are separate from the whole? How does it maintain intelligence without a cohesive brain structure? Is this an independent creature, or is it part of a far larger hive mind?

Those questions do not really matter at this point, the one that does is asked aloud, "Why were you following us?"
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Persuasion
Persuasion 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild 1d6!: [4] = 4
Kaelin saw...whatever the rest of the team had captured, some sort of blob like creature that Isis had managed to trap in a net whilst Chomps was determined to claim a new toy. The creature was proving to be less than co-operative, though it appeared it had been following or at least watching them. Obviously, they were of some interest to the creature.

"Look," Kaelin said as she crouched down to speak to the ensnared creature. "We don't know who, or wot, ye are and ta be frank we don't fecking care. If ye want, we can leave ye here for ye ta become a new plaything fer that there rabid furball with teeth."

"Course, if yer future prospects have prompted a reprisal o' how loose ya tongue is....wot do ye want from us?"
Main Account: Stormwell
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Initially the creature merely spat away at Isis, but after he saw the furry creature clawing away at the net. “Alright! Alright! I’ll talk! ...but...somewhere with less ears...at least, and that thing has to be gone first.”

The mook meanwhile flared his nostrils at the blue humanoid before turning to return back to his post. However he seemed to listen in an take his time.

Since Talis seemed interested he would have likely noticed the slime had what seemed like different colored blobs inside of it that likely facilitated brain matter and other organs. There was also no indication that it could split and still survive.

In the assumed event the slimes terms are met
OOC Comments
”so a good...friend of mine is running a heist on the ration station and they wanted me to keep an eye on Force sensitives in the area. To makes sure they weren’t gonna ruin their operation, but that’s all I know. I’m not actually on the in with the job. She’s not bringing any life forms. Something about it messing with a side hustle.
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“Fine,” Isis said, the terms of the slime blob acceptable, as long as it was going to talk. “Back into the alley. Someone keep an eye on things, make sure no one’s listening in.”

After relocating, the redhead turned to give the blob a piercing look with her green eyes. “Talk.”

Isis listened to the creature spill, and frowned. “What Force sensitives?” she asked. She looked over her companions warily. She was the daughter of a Separatist, and her planet Ondaron was Separatist, so if she had to be worried about some Jedi cutting her down, she was going to be very displeased.

“Who is this woman? What does she look like? You said she’s going after the ration station, and not using life forms? Does that mean she’s got droids?”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

(Short response so like I did before I’m doing it out of order)

“I don’t think I can quantify the way I perceive my surroundings in a way you can begin to understand, and like I said, I’m not on the in of the mission but droids seem reasonable”
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc motions to Chomps to take after the mook and in Nexu uses the words "play thing". Hopefully Chomps does not get bored with the mook.

Seeing how Slim does not like him inside the bar, Venc does not like Slim or his thugs outside, in Venc's element.

Venc keeps an ear peeled towards the conversation and eyes locked on the alley with his rifle cradled in the crook of his right arm.
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Vencuyanir wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:11 pm Venc motions to Chomps to take after the mook and in Nexu uses the words "play thing". Hopefully Chomps does not get bored with the mook.

Seeing how Slim does not like him inside the bar, Venc does not like Slim or his thugs outside, in Venc's element.

Venc keeps an ear peeled towards the conversation and eyes locked on the alley with his rifle cradled in the crook of his right arm.
He watches the nexu lope off with a raised eyebrow then he looks at Venc "While that may end up being funny as hell, they do have blasters.. also we are trying to work for their boss. I forgot how much peopleing is not your thing."

Looking down at the creature with disdain and a sigh Kyrin emphatically repeats the points the being failed to address. "What force sensitives. And who is the woman? Also what is she having you watch them for?"
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

OOC Comments
Smarts 1d6!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1

Benny to re-roll grumbles....

Smarts Re-roll 1d6!: [2] = 2
Wild Re-roll 1d6!: [5] = 5
"Force sensitives? Non lifeforms?" Kaelin muttered before realization hit her and made her exclaim. "Mir'osik!"

"Their boss knows!" She exclaimed. "Ye know! Wotever it is under the warehouse! Droids won't be effected by it!"
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Kaelin wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:21 pm
OOC Comments
Smarts 1d6!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1

Benny to re-roll grumbles....

Smarts Re-roll 1d6!: [2] = 2
Wild Re-roll 1d6!: [5] = 5
"Force sensitives? Non lifeforms?" Kaelin muttered before realization hit her and made her exclaim. "Mir'osik!"

"Their boss knows!" She exclaimed. "Ye know! Wotever it is under the warehouse! Droids won't be effected by it!"
Venc nearly drops his rifle.

"Shabiir or jurkadir?" He asks inflexively.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Vencuyanir wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:54 pmVenc nearly drops his rifle.

"Shabiir or jurkadir?" He asks inflexively.
"Cui ogir'olar." Answered Kaelin, though only realizing a moment too late what she'd said. She gave Venc a funny look and moved to a more comfortable distance away from him whilst being able to keep a wary eye on him.

"We should go. Now." She said out loud to the group at large. "There are probably others keeping an eye out fer slimeball here."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

"You stirred the Rock Hornets nest, didn't you, cyar'tomade?"
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Vencuyanir wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:43 pm "You stirred the Rock Hornets nest, didn't you, cyar'tomade?"
Kaelin bristled and glared at Venc for a moment before sprouting forth a stream of words.

Mando'a
"I stir nothing. I have yet to take the warrior's trial, though I am Mandalore name and soul and know the Six Actions."
Once she'd finished, she continued to glare at Venc.
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Kaelin wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:11 pm
Vencuyanir wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:43 pm "You stirred the Rock Hornets nest, didn't you, cyar'tomade?"
Kaelin bristled and glared at Venc for a moment before sprouting forth a stream of words.

Mando'a
"I stir nothing. I have yet to take the warrior's trial, though I am Mandalore name and soul and know the Six Actions."
Once she'd finished, she continued to glare at Venc.
"The Glare" does little to ruffle Venc but he is quick to respond,

Mando'a
"You obviously know what the amorphous prey said."

"You can speak Mando'a but you need someone to train you to be Mandolorian."
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin hesitated for a moment then replied.

Mondo'a
"To finish training, to do the warrior's trial."
She then switched back to Galactic Basic.

"If I understood slimeball right, reckon the rival team is gonna use droids so they ain't gonna have ta worry 'bouts the dark being thngy." She explained to the team at large. "Which means whoever is leading 'em knows 'bouts it, perhaps even looking ta free it."

"Or they could just be masquerading as cargo droids in order ta get past the compound guards."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis says, "Using Droids would make sense if you are trying to avoid the attentions of something that may react to life forms."

Kaelin is probably Force Sensitive but unaware of it, Talis thinks. He still has no plans to let the others know he is...yet.

He adds to the slime creature, "In order to report on the presence of Force Sensitives, you need to be able to detect them. From what little I have heard of it, that requires being the same yourself. It is like being able to sing, when most everyone is tone deaf."
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The slime jiggles somewhat. “No I was chosen on availability. Not my ability to know which of yous can feel the force.” He then crosses what passes for his arms “and my friend...she’s a leader of a...sort of cult, although it’s only got 5 maybe 6 members, and they don’t do... too terribly crazy stuff...regardless she’s all mysterious” he adds flare to his statement by wiggling his arms in a sort of flailing motion. “She’s suppose to be ancient but young. wise, but a fool. Powerful yet weak. All the weird mumbo jumbo that you’d associate with the Jedi. I only know her by ‘the Senior Sentire’ what ever that is. Also before yous ask again, the only way I can describe her is a woman with a *Infarot *Finsternis on her forehead.”

*both of these terms are basically useless to you all because they describe a color beyond your spectrum of vision’s understanding making a shape similar to the corona on an eclipse. The closest way to describe the color is that it’s a spectrum of radioactive particles (but not light) passing through materials with a certain level of resistance associated with it, and the shape was only specific to how someone who sees like this sees an eclipse.

The mook was going to call in a report to slim but was interrupted by the young Nexu chomping deeply into his arm as per his name sake.
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Kyrin Brand wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 pm
He watches the nexu lope off with a raised eyebrow then he looks at Venc "While that may end up being funny as hell, they do have blasters.. also we are trying to work for their boss. I forgot how much peopleing is not your thing."
Venc laughs at @Kyrin Brand, "Bah, who needs people skills."

Shouting at the mook, "Anders, it would seem that Chomps is hungry. Have you been working the cooking pits at Slim's?"

As Chomps continues to tangle with Ander's shooting arm, Venc turns back to the situation at hand.

"We were aware of at least one other interested party. Could this be an additional interested group?"
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Vencuyanir wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:56 am
Kyrin Brand wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 pm
He watches the nexu lope off with a raised eyebrow then he looks at Venc "While that may end up being funny as hell, they do have blasters.. also we are trying to work for their boss. I forgot how much peopleing is not your thing."
Venc laughs at Kyrin Brand, "Bah, who needs people skills."

Shouting at the mook, "Anders, it would seem that Chomps is hungry. Have you been working the cooking pits at Slim's?"

As Chomps continues to tangle with Ander's shooting arm, Venc turns back to the situation at hand.

"We were aware of at least one other interested party. Could this be an additional interested group?"
Trying not to laugh at the mooks misfortune while also shaking his head at the trouble it'll cause with Slim is no easy task but the wroonian pulls it off, mostly. "That's my guess. Pretty unlikely there's three teams hitting the place all at once. I do think we should figure out what to do with him, unless he has anything else helpful to add, like where this cult can be found or anything else." He looks over the blob-thing, gaging it's volume. "You don't need to breathe or anything do you?" he asks it, scanning the area for a large enough empty bottle or jug to contain the creature.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis looked confused as everyone started talking in a weird language. “What the hell are you saying?” she demanded, looking at the others. “So you can’t describe her. And she runs some kind of cult. Can you take us to her, then?” she asked. “Sounds like a person we’d want to meet.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Isis Netaxi wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:26 am Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis looked confused as everyone started talking in a weird language. “What the hell are you saying?” she demanded, looking at the others. “So you can’t describe her. And she runs some kind of cult. Can you take us to her, then?” she asked. “Sounds like a person we’d want to meet.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Venc just waved at Isis. "Another time. Will explain. For now let's hope that @Kaelin did not create any problems."

Looking around at the others in the group, "Someone tipped off the security," nodding towards Blobby.

@Kyrin Brand "You want me to locate a suitable container. I am certain that a few of my contacts would be interested in it."

"Wonder how it does in carbonite. Understand that there is a processing plant that has acquired one."
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin shoots Venc a look before turning to Isis. "I disagree, this lady sounds like somebody who's gonna get herself and alot o' others killed fer no good."

"So wot are we doin 'bouts Slim's job?"
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis shook her head at Kaelin. “If she’s the competition, we meet her, we take her out of the picture. Makes the job easier. Maybe we even take a look at her plan and learn some things that makes ours go better.”

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

While the term used by the slime creature is unfamiliar, the concept is simple enough, "You can see things humanoids can not. possibly something in the ultraviolet range. So, out of curiosity, do you see anything unusual about any of us...as compared to members of our species you may have seen before?"

As far as he knows, there is no visible effect of being force sensitive, but what does he know of the senses of alien species?
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Anders glared back at he looked back at venc, shaking his arm back and forth to get the thing off of his arm.

The slime shook his sort of head thing. “I only have a vague idea where she might be, and then there’s a good chance of her not being there anyways, you’re more likely to just get into a pointless firefight instead. Regardless I don’t think I’d really want to tell you where she is anyways, especially not if your gonna try and kill her.” He looked over when Talis said the word ultraviolet, he seemed like he didn’t really have a concept of what that meant. “No, I send out particles and I sense them pass through things and it gives me an idea of what’s around me. I think your people have a word for it? Nuclear radiation, I think?”

Some of you likely want to consume some iodine pills now.
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

To the blob, "You aren't even a real sentient species. More like an after effect of a nuclear reactor exploding near a hospital."

Whistling to Chomps,

Persuasion 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Venc takes Anders glare and motions for him to meet him about halfway. When Anders gets near to Venc, Venc reaches out and disengages Chomps teeth from around Anders arm.

"Hey, I know your boss doesn't like me, but you need to let him know his plans are going south fast."
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Padawan_GM1 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:51 pm“No, I send out particles and I sense them pass through things and it gives me an idea of what’s around me. I think your people have a word for it? Nuclear radiation, I think?”
"Ye know, that's a potentially critical piece o' information we could've done with 'bouts five minutes ago." Kaelin stated dryly. "And I wonder why people want ta kill ye."

"Look slimeball, ya not even worth the effort o' wasting a blaster bolt on." Added Kaelin with a sighed. "So unless ye actually got something incredibly worthwhile ta say, we might as well leave ye ta the tender mercies o' that rabid furball over there."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis is from Kessel, a world whose thin atmosphere provides very little protection against solar radiation, he is a bit more inured to the possibility of radiation hazards than most, "The creature is hardly to blame for being from a species which has a natural form of radar, even it it happens to be potentially harmful to our form of life. We probably should return it to it's protective suit, those tend to be screened against radiation."

Talis thinks, The amount of radiation we will exposed to in this short a time is unlikely to be harmful.

He adds, "You never did answer my question about what you perceive about us."
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

(Trying to add more to the post to make it progress the plot more)

The slime looks at isis “worth while to say...hmmm the plan involves a lot of stun blasters. Like a whole lot, look like almost hundreds of them. Probably because they are cheaper...also there’s more than a couple who have these glowing stick things. Looked like it was some crazy plasma cutter. Finally the woman, she has this thing where she can read you...although not really, it was described in a touchfeely mombojumbo way that I didn’t understand. She can also lift stuff. Big stuff. Without even touching it.” He then looked to Talis after hearing his question “well...you have what looks like a lunari on your arm”

Lunari not likely to be known to the players but merely requires a simple internet search to find the answer. It refers to a moon reflecting of a sun’s radiation towards a planet, but in such away that it is likely to stop within a few cycles.

1d6: [2] = 2

suddenly a blaster bolt flew down the alley going wide but some gangster looking figure seemed to try and play it off as a warning shot as a few more figures appeared at the other end of the ally. However they were smart enough to not come out of cover while their assumed allies were firing.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Actions
Shooting 1d4!!: [7!!] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Damage 2d6!!: [3, 2] = 5
Kaelin cursed in Mando'a, not really caring for Venc's reaction, a moment before the shot and was already in motion as it came streaking down the alley. She fired off a shot from her blaster pistol and then moved towards the nearest available piece of cover, not too fussed on what that said piece of cover was long as it stopped some of the blaster fire.
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Force Field 3
-1 penalty
Weird Science 1d8!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
Benny to reroll
Weird Science 1d8!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“Radiation?” Isis said worriedly. “Okay, back in the suit.” She deactivated the netting holding the slime creature.

Isis cursed when the blaster bolt fired at them. As Kaelin scattered for cover, Isis slapped an activator on her chest. It sparked, but nothing happened, and she cursed, dashing for cover herself.
Turn
Action: Try and activate force field. Fail
Move: Within Pace to cover

***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 50
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 2/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis is trying to figure out what a Lunari is when the firing starts.

He charges towards the attack, when facing a group armed with blasters with a blade, the best bet is to be in the middle where they risk hitting each other.

If he can reach the "gangster", he will attack. If someone shoots at him, he will attempt a deflection.
OOC Comments
Focus (for deflect): 1d8!!-1: [15!!]-1 = 14
Wild Focus: 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Fighting: 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild Fighting: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Damage: 1d6!!+1d8!!+2: [1]+[2]+2 = 5
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Listening to the descrition it's obvious this is either some Jedi black op or a rogue, possibly Sith, individual out for themselves. Either way this job just got a whole lot more complicated. "There's fecking witches? Great…" He's about to rhetorically ask Venc if they really need this job, Kyrin knows they both need the cash, when someone shoots at them!

Instinctively ducking and rolling into cover at the blaster fire, Kyrin see the gunmans pals roll up afterwards. "Idiot shot before his back-up was in place?" He shrugs and chuckles a bit. "Amatures."


Shooting 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Damage 2d6!!: [9!!, 2] = 11


Drawing his blaster he takes aim on the shooter and squeezes the trigger.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc is the last one to act but only because he was the least surprised of those gathered together in the ally behind Slim's.

The rifle still rests squarely in the crook of his arm. Holding Chomps by the scruff of his neck, he speaks to the feline.
Language (Nexu) 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Venc communicates the need for pack hunting tactics. The feline responds and then slinks off, climbing Slim's building in an effort to get to the street on the other side.

Venc takes to the shadows himself,
Stealth 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
. Communicating with Chomps so that the two circle behind the thugs.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Now that shooting has started initiative
Order
Kyrin
Kaelin and Talis tie
Mercs (8) and slime tie
Isis
Venc

Rolls
OOC Comments
Venc 1d52: [7] = 7
Kyrin 1d52: [46] = 46
Kaelin 1d52: [44] = 44
Isis 1d52: [18] = 18
Talis 1d52: [44] = 44
Mercs/gangsters 1d52: [26] = 26
Slime 1d52: [26] = 26
The 4 gangsters at one end of the alley way start to fire wildly into it. Merely trying to ensure the majority of their aim is waist height or higher
OOC Comments
I’m doing an adapted suppressive fire for simplicity, and because my rule book pdf is being funky. Thus if you try to act within their area of effect, which is the alley way above waist height, When you roll 1 or a 2 on any die roll (or on an athletics check if do something that doesn’t require rolls) you take 2d6,-2, 2 ap damage. it only applies to this round so ignore it for the previous not actually a formal round thing
the slime quickly takes the cue. He flattens him self as low to the ground as he can manage which is low but still shootable, as he scurries towards the end of the alley where the gangsters are merely taking cover as much as they can, likely not shooting or poking out to prevent cross fire.
OOC Comments
mechanically the slime no different than being prone besides him moving a slight bit faster than average. Thus at this rate of movement he’ll reach the end of the alley by the 3rd round unless slowed down
One of the gangsters is easily blasted away into the street just in time with a cargo speeder passing by. It’s not pretty but it’s likely intimidated them a bit. The lead one meanwhile nearly took one straight to the face this causes him to stagger before falling down to the ground in the middle of the alley ways entrance.
OOC Comments
Roll to unshake 1d6: [4] = 4
it was initially an accident but he takes the opportunity and decides to remain prone.

Talis meanwhile ,if he moves standing as opposed to prone, can reach the gangsters firing suppressively this round.
OOC Comments
How does suppressive fire and deflection mix?
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Shooting 8
Shooting 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Damage 13 AP 2
2d6!!: [5, 5] = 10
Raise damage 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Isis takes damage 7 AP 2
2d6!!: [4, 3] = 7
Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Still cursing at her failed force field, Isis started firing back at the people shooting at them. She hit one, but one of their blaster bolts struck her. She staggered back and ducked down. Her jacket had taken the brunt of the blast, leaving her unhurt, but shaken.
Turn
Action: Shoot at the mercenaries - benny to unshake
Move:
***

Cover
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis runs forward, intent on closing the distance before they start actually aiming. This is a bit easier, they are simply trying to keep everyone down.
OOC Comments
Melee 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild Melee 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Talis crosses the battlefield, the enemy fire strikes at him, but he deflects it with his blade. The enemy he attacks is startled, but ducks aside in time so that he misses.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Shooting 13, Damage 8
Shooting 1d4!!: [13!!] = 13
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Damage 3d6!!: [2, 5, 1] = 8
Kaelin fired off another shot from her blaster pistol, scoring another hit. She glimpsed her target stagger, though they remained upright even if a little dazed. The others had returned fire or where taking actions to deal with their attackers, though it was hard to tell who was currently winning. Right now it appeared that the gangsters were trying to pin the team in place, not particularly a good thing if the gangsters were planning on rolling out the big guns or trying to outflank the team.

There had to be something she could do to give the gangsters a nasty surprise.
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »


Shooting 1d6!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!: [4] = 4
Damage 2d6!!: [2, 7!!] = 9


"Mynock stroking, Hutt lickers." Kyrin yells as he stands between volleys of fire and takes aim, catching another with a glancing blow before ducking back behind cover. "You guys have all the subtlety of your mothers when the fleet hits town." His goal is to keep their focus on the team members in the alley while Venc and Chomps flank.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Stealth 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Venc is certain that
Stealth 1d10!!: [7] = 7 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3
.
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The three remaining gangers all find themselves practically torn to shreds, in mere moments. The lead and another one are blasted by two bolts. Their bodies tensing up before slumping over to the side. The last one meanwhile had a bolt impact the wall ,of the allyway, right next to his head. He was alive but the combination of his allies being killed and the small explosion sent him running for the hills. The gangsters who were behind the team and were merely there to block the way the slime was retreating too looked over when the firing stopped. They quickly rushed forward to meet the slime. They hadn’t quite reached him but it allowed them to fire without large risk of hitting him.

Shooting
1d6: [5] = 5 Targeting Kaelin
1d6: [5] = 5 targeting Kyrin
1d6: [6] = 6 targeting Isis
Ace 1d6+6: [1]+6 = 7
1d6: [1] = 1 Targeting Talis

Damage
Ap2 2d6: [5, 3] = 8

Just before the gangster who decided to run got away. The worst shoot of the group B set of gangsters fired wide and wound up shooting the runner in the rear. Although they hoped that that wasn’t noticed amid the confusion. Meanwhile the best shot of the group had barely scratched Isis‘s with their blaster fire.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Shooting 10, Damage 13
Shooting 1d4!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Damage 3d6!!: [5, 4, 4] = 13
It appeared that the team had swung things very much in their favour, either that or the gangsters were even more incompetent than they looked. This was fine by Kaelin as she fired off another shot with her blaster, this time scoring a hit that saw her target go down and go down hard. It certainly looked like this was going to be over soon enough.
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis finds himself pretty much along at his end of the alley, he decides, They will be firing at me if I come at them, but if I can go around quickly I may be able to cut off their retreat.

He moves off to the side of the alley and calls upon the force to increase his speed...
OOC Comments
Focus 1d8!!-1: [7]-1 = 6
Wild Focus 1d6!!-1: [5]-1 = 4
Using Boost Trait
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Whirling around to the gangers in their rear Kyrin double taps to put a shot at 2 of the remaining three.
Shooting 1d6-2!!: [6]-2 = 4 Ace 1d6+4: [6]+4 = 10
Wild 1d6-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
Damage 3d6!!: [1, 1, 1] = 3

Shooting 1d6-2!!: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6-2!!: [5]-2 = 3
Benny to reroll
Shooting 1d6-2!: [6]-2 = 4 Ace 1d6+4!!: [6]+4 = 10
Wild 1d6-2!: [3]-2 = 1
Damage 3d6!!: [2, 2, 1] = 5


While both shots hit squarely in the center torsos they do so to little effect. "Cheap ass Trade Federation junk!" He swears, thumping the pistol with the base of his palm.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Unshake 5
Spirit 1d6: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shooting 8; Raise
Shooting 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8
Raise Damage 13
3d6!! AP 2: [4, 4, 5] = 13
Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis grunted and fell forward from the impact of the blaster bolt. It knocked the wind from her and she had to take a moment to catch her breath. Then she spun around and returned fire at the gangsters behind them.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***

Cover
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Two more gangster easily went down. The blaster bolts sending them flying backwards as a third went for cover. The final one however, either was courageous or was lacking sense. He ,despite lacking cover or covering fire, continued rushing forward to grab up the slime. He then quickly did an about face before running back towards the opening of the ally.
OOC Comments
12 units from it
Run die
1d6: [1] = 1

However it seems that he was going a bit too fast into his turn, and stumbled. Giving the group the opportunity to fire without him getting too far.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Shooting
Shooting 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
"Oh no ye don't." Mutters Kaelin as she takes aim at the fleeing gangster and fires, though much to her frustration the blaster round goes wide.
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Imperator
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Imperator »

Bracing his gun hand on some debris, Kyrin takes aim at the mook trying to run of with their lead.

Shooting 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Damage 3d6!!: [3, 2, 3] = 8


His shot clips the runner, dazing him a bit.
GM of 21st SET
GM bennies


Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis manages to take advantage of the slip to get in front of the runner. He wants the other to know he is effective, so he wants to try to sneak in close and knock the runner out. He is already hurt, it should work...
OOC Comments
Stealth 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild Stealth 1d6!!-2: [3]-2 = 1
Fighting 1d8!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild Fighting 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12 this was supposed to be -2, so it is only an 8, still 1 raise

Damage (Strength +1d8 +2 +bonus) 1d6!!+1d8!!+2+1d6!!: [4]+[5]+2+[5] = 16
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc had taken off around the building on the left while Chomps had gone up and over the building on the right. Honestly, Venc would have preferred to shoot first at this point and ask questions later, but the ally way distance was too short for his rifle to be effective.

Venc emerges at the far end of the building as the mook with the blob gets peppered, twisted and contorted all at the edge of the ally. He had the common sense to open his arms as the terrified man ran right into him. "Going somewhere?"
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Persuasion 9
Persuasion 1d4!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Alsokul/Alley near tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis aimed her blaster at the last remaining assailant as he fled, but then Talis was in the line of fire, and then Venc grabbed the guy, blocking the alley and escape. She lowered her blaster, but kept it in her hand, wary, in case he fought himself loose.

“Give up!” Isis ordered. “We’ve killed your friends. The same doesn’t have to happen to you.”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***

Cover
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 1/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The brave or foolish gangster easily went down before he crashed into Venc. Which squashed the slime between the two of them. The slime quickly grabbed the blaster off of the gangsters hip, but didn’t start firing because of what Isis had said. “I’m pretty sure the more this whole confrontation goes on, the more likely I am to die...so I’d really prefer that not to happen.”

Notice check with a -2 modifier due to “cover”
Stealth roll: 1d6: [5] = 5
OOC Comments
It appears that firing away inside of an alleyway is certainly a hard way to go unnoticed. Thus a small militia vehicle is starting to Slowly pull up along the street, along with three foot mobile militia around it. It doesn’t appear to be standard issue, but the small machine gun on top appears like it might be.
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

OOC Comments
Given this is Star Wars, the term is probably "Light Repeating Blaster" rather than small machine gun.
Talis nods in the direction the vehicle is approaching from, "I think we all would prefer not to talk to the authorities at the moment, I suggest a strategic withdrawal."

Suiting words to action, he seeks to stealthily withdraw from the area.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild notice: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Stealth: 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Wild Stealth: 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Talis wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 amTalis nods in the direction the vehicle is approaching from, "I think we all would prefer not to talk to the authorities at the moment, I suggest a strategic withdrawal."
"Agreed." Kaelin nodded, eyeing up the approaching militia.

Turning to @Vencuyanir, she quietly said in Mando'a. "We'll talk later."

Kaelin then tried to sneak out of the alley before the militia patrol spied her.

Stealth 5
Stealth 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2

Benny...

Stealth 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Padawan_GM1 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:28 pm The brave or foolish gangster easily went down before he crashed into Venc. Which squashed the slime between the two of them. The slime quickly grabbed the blaster off of the gangsters hip, but didn’t start firing because of what Isis had said. “I’m pretty sure the more this whole confrontation goes on, the more likely I am to die...so I’d really prefer that not to happen.”

Notice check with a -2 modifier due to “cover”
Stealth roll: 1d6: [5] = 5
OOC Comments
It appears that firing away inside of an alleyway is certainly a hard way to go unnoticed. Thus a small militia vehicle is starting to Slowly pull up along the street, along with three foot mobile militia around it. It doesn’t appear to be standard issue, but the small machine gun on top appears like it might be.
Venc looks down at the slime, "Better let go of that blaster. It will only slow you down." He motions in the direction of the approaching vehicle.

Going down on one knee, near the fallen thug, where he is clearly visible, Venc waits for the militia to arrive. He calls over Chomps and smears some of the fallen thugs blood into the fur on the feline. Grabbing some lose fur, he lights in his armored palm and then sets the smouldering ashes on the ground behind Chomps. He lays down his rifle near his feet but keeps his blaster pistol holstered.

Survival 1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8 Wild 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4 (Survival Roll Here)
Venc proceeds to describe how a group of thugs tried to corner him and Chomps in the alley. Venc points out the obvious facts that Slim does not like Venc or Venc's pet, Chomps in his establishment. They were waiting around front when they got flushed into the alleyway. That was when Venc and Chomps fought back. Hopefully at this time Chomps is suffeciently licking himself clean.
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Padawan_GM1 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:28 pm The brave or foolish gangster easily went down before he crashed into Venc. Which squashed the slime between the two of them. The slime quickly grabbed the blaster off of the gangsters hip, but didn’t start firing because of what Isis had said. “I’m pretty sure the more this whole confrontation goes on, the more likely I am to die...so I’d really prefer that not to happen.”
Walking over to the odd being, Kyrin holds out a hand to help "him" up. "I doubt you want to talk to tem either so lets just get out of here. None of us want to kill you, we're just trying to do a job." He
persuasion 1d8!!+1: [6]+1 = 7 Wild 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
to the alien ask they beat feet. "You have interesting skills so I'd actually prefer to maintain a more businesslike relationship. As for your "friend", I think she and us could actually help each other if she's willing to split the take on the foodstuffs. If we're butting heads mid job that's bad for both teams.."

Leading the alien down an alley and into another, Kyrin tries to take a circuitous route to lose any tail they may have as he smooth talks the being.
Stealth to evade
Stealth 1d4!!: [10!!] = 10
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

The slime follows Kyrin a bit. Eventually after they are safely out of there he stops and seems to ‘look at Kyrin’ which is more likely just a humanoid gesture he learned as manors. “As nice as that offer is I’m not really the one to make the call on it. I can tell them you offer, and then there’s not much I can tell her about you all. However I doubt she’ll want you involved with what she is doing.”

The militia arrive and initially give Venc a hard time but the presumed sergeant eventually talks them down. He tells Venc that they’ll still have to treat him as a suspect but he likely won’t have any charges. He will likely have to attend a court hearing however.
OOC Comments
I already assume Venc is gonna have no part in that
Back at the bar slim looks up to the group as they again start to arrive one by one. “So, what do you guys think?”
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis took a few detours to ensure that following him would be difficult and (he hopes) obvious. Reasonably certain that he was not followed, he arrives back at the bar.

He replies to Slim, "This will be complicated, there is someone else after something in the same location."

That much he feels he can safely say, it may help us bargain later. He will leave it to the other to decide whether to fill n the details.

He thinks, Possibly the cultist is after something else entirely, like that force presence I felt. He elects not to mention that thought.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

Kaelin places couple of the ration packs she'd swiped from the warehouse on the table in front of Slim.

"Possibly doable, but as he says..." She stated, pausing to gesture at @Talis. "....complications."

"So we've gots questions..."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Kyrin nods in understanding. "I get it, you can't speak for her. Just let her know that things will doubtless go better for both teams if we aren't at odds. As for her side job, we have no interest in that, we're just going in for the foodstuffs. As for you personally, I think you have some marketable skills, and possibly knowledge. Unlike her, the team I'm with looks to be in business here a while. Maybe we can help each other in the future." Giving the being his winningest smile he extends a hand to the beings gloved pseudopod. "Names Kyrin by the way, what's yours?"

He then gives the alien a location for a message drop in case he, or the mystery cult wanted to reach out.

((Back in Slims bar))
Padawan_GM1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 am Back at the bar slim looks up to the group as they again start to arrive one by one. “So, what do you guys think?”

Kyrin chuckles a bit. "Yeah, complications is right. What do you know about local force cults? We think the opposition may be connected to one." He watches the serpentoid carefully for its reaction.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Padawan_GM1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:43 am The slime follows Kyrin a bit. Eventually after they are safely out of there he stops and seems to ‘look at Kyrin’ which is more likely just a humanoid gesture he learned as manors. “As nice as that offer is I’m not really the one to make the call on it. I can tell them you offer, and then there’s not much I can tell her about you all. However I doubt she’ll want you involved with what she is doing.”

The militia arrive and initially give Venc a hard time but the presumed sergeant eventually talks them down. He tells Venc that they’ll still have to treat him as a suspect but he likely won’t have any charges. He will likely have to attend a court hearing however.
OOC Comments
I already assume Venc is gonna have no part in that
Back at the bar slim looks up to the group as they again start to arrive one by one. “So, what do you guys think?”
"Attend a trial? Really?"

"They tried to gank my pet."

When the sergeant gives Venc a incredulous look, "
Persuassion 1d4!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
, I won't say anything about the lack of civilian protection if you don't require me to show up for a trial."

OOC Comments
On a side note Venc is not certain, but Slim's dislike for Chomps seems to be more personal than a distrust of Nexu.
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis slipped out of the alley as the militia showed up and headed back to Slim’s. She disappeared into the Little Mercenaries’ Room for a bit before rejoining the others. She wasn’t happy to be dealing with this Force crap. Jedi were what put her father out of commission.

“So what’s the next move?” she asked the others, pushing a bit of red hair behind her ear.
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim thought on the matter as he kept his robotic hands busy with the pouring of a drink.

“Ultimately if they are force users or not my offer still stands. If you require ‘hazard pay’...” he thinks about it before scratching his head “...how about... a free hyper drive that you should never allow authorities to look at? And if you need better equipment I’ll invest in that my self...but I need a guarantee You’ll increase my ration deliveries.”

____________

The slime after a moment realized what Kyrin was doing he shook his hand “I’ve been called ‘watchful‘ as my kind lacks the concept of names.”

____________

Ultimately the militia eventually just walk off after merely handing Venc a ticket. However they have provided no reason for him to actually come.”
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Padawan_GM1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:57 am Slim thought on the matter as he kept his robotic hands busy with the pouring of a drink.

“Ultimately if they are force users or not my offer still stands. If you require ‘hazard pay’...” he thinks about it before scratching his head “...how about... a free hyper drive that you should never allow authorities to look at? And if you need better equipment I’ll invest in that my self...but I need a guarantee You’ll increase my ration deliveries.”
Kyrin reaches out and takes a shot in hand. "I think we'd prefer the advance that was discussed earlier to being "invested in", the later sounds a bit shareholdery. But that hazard pay sounds good to me. And having seen the place, if I can get ahold of a decent 'deck I absolutely guarantee the hack we discussed." He throws back the shot and continues. "As to force cults, we're asking what you know about them or who might know more. This complication may be an opportunity."
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis comments Philosophically, "Life comes with few guarantees, but we have undertaken to do a job and we intend to do it."

While a hyperdrive sounds interesting, it kind of requires having a ship to be useful, Talis thinks. He decides to hold back on that comment though.

He will look at the others and add, "Let us review, what do we know so far about the defenses? We need a plan in place on how to bypass them...even if the plan goes astray having one always helps, along with as many contingency plans as possible."
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis considered. “A hyperdrive could eventually get us off this rock,” she reminded the others.

“We know the gate,” Isis said. “That seeme easy to get passed. Kaelin snuck in fairly easily. But there is a lot more security than would be expected. When is the next delivery? Could we show up early and impersonate the delivery drivers? Get our hand on some uniforms?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis comments, "Or, possibly, bribe the regular drivers and take their places? Well, it would work best of one or more of them were with us to assure the guards by showing a familiar face."

He adds, "Done that way, we could take our time and fully load the hauler. If we are there pretending when the regular crew shows up, there could be trouble."
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Security system is a fake." Kaelin stated. "I overheard the clones say as much."

"Big question is what we gonna do regarding Mr Sith Guy chilling it out under the compound? I mean, he has reach as already demonstrated."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Venc waits outside the bar with Chomps. Both sitting in the shade of a rather enormous tree. Venc with his back against the tree and Chomps with his forelegs and head draped across Venc's armored legs.

Venc scratchs the large feline's ears, head and chin, with one hand and rests the other on his hunting rifle.

With his heelmet on, no one can tell what it is exactly, that he might be looking at. So it is that Venc keeps an eye on the people meandering and wandering around Slim's bar.
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Kaelin wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:57 pm "Security system is a fake." Kaelin stated. "I overheard the clones say as much."

"Big question is what we gonna do regarding Mr Sith Guy chilling it out under the compound? I mean, he has reach as already demonstrated."
Talis frowns, "Security may be, at least partly, a fake. However, the guards showed up quickly enough, so not drawing their attention seems important. As to the 'Sith Guy', he seemed to be begging for help if I recall. The thing is, he may attempt to force us to help him, that could distract us from out goal."
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

He pulls out the agreed upon advance and laid it down into the bar “of course, and as for info about the cults...there’s been rumors for a while...but if they’ve been around for a while that means they know how to go about things without revealing themselves. Otherwise they wouldn’t have survived this long...I have no idea who would know about them.” He looked to Isis “They would likely be suspicious of a delivery truck picking up instead of dropping off, also it’s more likely they just have a bad electrical system...everyone here does. Also, sith guy?”
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis decides to wait, he will neither reach for the money, nor will he try to explain the encounter with the dark influence.

The first, because we as a group should try to agree how it is to be spent.

The second, because he was not the one most involved in the encounter, nor was he the one who recognized the language.

Right now, patience is his best option.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Erm, yeah..." Kaelin said. "...Sith guy."

"Big bad and nasty, probably wot the cult lot are after." She explained. "Seems ta have been trapped or entombed below the warehouse."

"Huh, 'bad electrical system'? I know wot I heard."
Main Account: Stormwell
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis stared at the credits laid out on the counter by Slim. Already she was doing calculations in her head, just how much medicine that would buy her father, how much she would need to keep for herself, and how much she could afford to send home.

“I don’t care about the Sith guy. We aren’t paid to deal with him,” she said. “If he causes problems, we put a blaster bolt in his head.” She reached out and snatched up the money. “So they don’t do pick ups, then? Fine We do the old hide the soldiers in the truck, then. Hide in the crates. We’ll need the truck for hauling out the rations anyway, too. And if the security system is fake, all the better. Maybe we can find a way to jam their comms so they can’t call for help?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

Slim’s tongue flicked at the air “I believe Mandos previously had a method to get around the problem of light sabers. Do you want to invest in something similar, and I have an old coms jammer, the problem is you need to hook one of their coms up to it. Otherwise you’ll never guess the frequency
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Talis grunts, "The problem of lightsabers is that they can cut through most anything given time except Cortosis, Beskar, and Phrik, but they are usually less a problem than the one wielding them. The thing is, where you have a Lightsaber, you generally have a force user. Best way to deal with most force users is grenades...and you gotta keep them busy blocking blaster attacks so they do not have time to grab the grenade out of the air and toss it back."

He can block blasters with his sword, Lightsabers are nothing special in that regard really except being a bit more tuned to deal with energy. The thing about grenades is something his master warned him about, it is why a Jedi needs to keep mobile and not get pinned down.

He has no real input on the com jamming situation. Such things he has not been trained in.
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

“Another option,” Isis considered, “is how well do the militia and the guards know each other, or the guards know the other guards. Could we get uniforms? Maybe get our hands on a radio, or replace a team?”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Kyrin Brand
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kyrin Brand »

Nodding at the various good questions and ideas from the team Kyrin speaks up. "With one of their comms I can pull the scramble, and yeah we have a fair bit of legwork to do yet before we can crack open this oyster for its pearls. Unless our employed has any more quality intel for us we should meet up with Venc and figure out what stones we're gonna look under." Slim did not seem to have much information that could help with the job so he didn't feel the need to share anything they didn't have to with the snakeman. It also seemed like the team needed to work out what leads they were going to follow, privately since discussing plans in public places wasn't a very good idea.
[OOC+Kyrin Brand]
Parry 5; Toughness 5
Combat abilities:
Bennys 2/3
Wounds 0/3

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/OOC]
User avatar
Vencuyanir
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Vencuyanir »

Not entirely certain where he dropped his open mic communicator, Venc hopes that it is on one of the team inside Slim's place.
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"I could try sneaking in again, cause a distraction." Kaelin shrugged. "Though something 'bouts this smells worse than a Hutt's armpits."

"Still don't believe the other team are after some ration packs."
Main Account: Stormwell
Padawan_GM1
Game Master
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Padawan_GM1 »

“I can certainly get you what ever you need.” Slim says before he puts down a actual paper note and slides it to the group “I also did some research into Militia members that have debt with a friend of mine, you could ‘collect’ Some stuff on his behalf and maybe take the uniforms then” he then slides a data pad towards them with information on a couple of humanoids and one tentacle thing

The note
I truly don’t know much about the force cult, but what I do know about them is the only information I don’t speak freely about. Every scout I have sent to check out the locations where they are merely rumored to be, have disappeared. The only ones I have found after the fact appear to be brainwashed or something. They’ve even had them occasionally watch me. They are likely going to cost more to take head on. I’d rather you just grab the rations and stay out of their way if you can. Can’t risk them doing something crazy like brainwashing you and turning you against me.
User avatar
Talis
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Talis »

Kaelin wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:34 pm "I could try sneaking in again, cause a distraction." Kaelin shrugged. "Though something 'bouts this smells worse than a Hutt's armpits."

"Still don't believe the other team are after some ration packs."
Talis nods agreement, "It seems quite likely that they want something else. I suspect that the site is being used because it has a large underground storage area. That storage area may well be part of something bigger, older and dangerous...that my be what the cult is seeking."

Of course, the Jedi probably knew what was once on this site, and sealed it off and placed the station there to keep others out, thinks Talis.
Padawan_GM1 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:13 am “I can certainly get you what ever you need.” Slim says before he puts down a actual paper note and slides it to the group “I also did some research into Militia members that have debt with a friend of mine, you could ‘collect’ Some stuff on his behalf and maybe take the uniforms then” he then slides a data pad towards them with information on a couple of humanoids and one tentacle thing
Talis says, "That has potential, the thing we most need to pull off a ruse is a few people the guards will recognize."
User avatar
Isis Netaxi
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 am

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Isis Netaxi »

Alsokul/Slim’s tavern
Day 1/Afternoon

Isis read that note. That wasn’t ominous at all. “We aren’t being paid to deal with a force cult,” she said. “If they get in the way of the job, then we’ll deal with them. For now, let’s go see these guards, see if we can’t get some authentic uniforms and comms off them. Looking the part is half the job.”
Turn
Action:
Move:
***
Character Info
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6
Pistol Ammo: 49
  • Reload: 50
Bennies: 3/3
Powers: Entangle, Healing, Protection, Smite
Encumbrance: 13.25/40
Credits: 0
User avatar
Kaelin
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Episode 1: Milk Run

Post by Kaelin »

"Uniforms could be good." Said Kaelin, though without any real conviction. "Though having a backup plan would be better."

"Either way, sooner we get this job done the better."
Main Account: Stormwell
Post Reply

Return to “Episodes”