Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post Reply
User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Snake Eyes »

William Tack
He is confirmed in transit from Kingsdale to MercTown. High speed gets him in town late tomorrow. Less urgency gets him in town early to mid-afternoon 2 days from now. His ride is bugged and transmitting his location. His residence is located in Old Town, which is very heavily protected. MD walls, required visitor permits, and heavy MercTown Defender presence protect the upper crust of MercTown society from the dregs and mercenaries. Even the task of getting into the district is an intensive operation in its own right.
Security at the Tack residence is state of the art and top of the line. Electronic measures, arcane wards, and some Techno-Wizard systems make approach difficult. He is known to employ private security. Security is comparatively light when he is out of town. Security presence when he is home is doubled. He has recently submitted a request to the security contractor for another full unit to be assigned once he arrives. This would effectively triple his at-home security forces. A detailed breakdown of his normal crews is included. The additional crew request has not been confirmed.
Tack is married with two children, ages 10 and 8. He is presently traveling with them.
The vehicle he is in is a heavily modified Mountaineer Mk 2. The crew compartment is fitted for comfort over long distances. The shell is bristling with weaponry, and the driver and crew are his personal security detail. The pad describes a recent attempt to bribe members of this detail. It ended poorly for the messenger. They are fiercely loyal to Tack and his family, and are as well-rounded an outfit as anything the Coalition, the Federation, or the Tomorrow Legion could field in the same number of people. All bases are covered.
Nothing in the intelligence suggests a motive or reason behind his recent troubles.
Instructions
Let the skull session begin! RP to start. Once you decide how to tackle the job, we'll proceed.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 9/9
Wild Card Bennies:
TBD
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: ?/?
Kraig: ?/?
Vedder: ?/?
Shade: ?/?
Fletch: ?/?
Findriel: ?/?
Niels: ?/?

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Standing next to Gill the normally ten foot tall steel golem was somehow twisted into a human sized body, only 300 lbs it for reasons Curatrix did not understand caused the other beings to be less aggressive. So as it listened to the mission details the giant was unconcerned. Whatever they plan on doing his role is self evident. He knew Ganadril would get himself in danger, and then Curatrix would save him. The pattern has repeated itself so many times by now, but he still did not care, his role was simple and easy to perform.

Gill was paying attention. "I think the first step is to figure out what the make up of these security forces are. The notes specifically calling them out as professional and well balanced are making me want more information.

"Such as by saying they are balanced, are they saying these guys have arcane talents, or are they saying these guys have heavy weapons and light weapons?" Gill was ready to hit the streets and ask some more questions, but he wanted to know everyone was on board with getting more information before going in.
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Crótalo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Crótalo »

Hearing the mark lives in Paducah Heights, home to the richest of the rich in Merctown, make Crotalo hiss with glee. "If he has the means to live in the heights we must assume his forces are trained for most eventualities. Including magic. There are a number of sources i could shake down to learn more about Mister Tack and his presence in the city. It appears no one knows of his gambling proclivities, perhaps it is as simple as luring him out with the right kind of high stakes game. All the better if we can set one up for real and rig it to win."

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

"I like what your thinking. This is something we can really work with."
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Alicia Forsythe
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Alicia Forsythe »

Alicia considers. "The fact that he's able to not only continue paying for those security services, but actually call in a third team, would suggest that he has the money available. I am curious as to why he's not just paying them back, then--he may be working some specific scheme of his own that would be useful--by which I mean profitable--to know about."
Alicia Forsythe
Novice Intelligent Construct
OOC Comments
Agility d12, Smarts d12, Spirit d10 (+2 Unshake), Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6+2 (+1 Urban Climb); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 Shady Characters, Interface); Notice d6+6; Persuasion d6+2 (Re-Roll, +2 Networking); Stealth d10+4 (+1 Urban); Fighting d4; Electronics d6 (+2 Interface); Hacking d6 (+4 Interface); Performance d8+2; Repair d6; Research d6+2 (+2 Interface); Shooting d4; Thievery d10+3
Notice Circumstantial Modifiers: vs. Surprise: +2 w/Re-roll, Raise = On Hold; Enemy locations, evidence, analyze scene: +2; Ignore Illumination
Edges: Alertness, Charismatic, Linguist, Investigator, Thief, Streetwise, Field Intel, Danger Sense
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Secret, Mild-Mannered, Minor Ruthless, Major Outsider (if known Construct), Major Driven: Amass Intelligence, Major Wanted, Alien Construction (-4 to Repair attempts), Feature-Locked Physiology, Malfunctions (CritFails = System Tech Difficulties)
Features
Auto-repair Unit: Free Vigor to heal Wound 1/d; Bleeding Out +4
Electronics Package: 20-mile comms; data storage; interface jack
Construct: +2 Unshake, ignore 1 point of Wounds, no breathe, Disease/Poison Immunity; Wounds are fixed with Repair instead of Healing with no “Golden Hour”
Lifelike: -4 Notice to determine true nature even with close exam
Gear
E-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA: +2 Stealth, Concealable -2
Vallax Force Gun: 12/24/48; 3d8+1 MD, AP 4; Concealable -4
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
JA-11 Juicer Assassin Energy Rifle: 30/60/120; 4d6 AP 4; Shots 30+30; Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting); Heavy Beam (3 Shots, +4 MD, Snapfire -2); AltMode Ion Beam (20/40/80; 1-3d10; RoF 3; Heavy Pulse RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 MD, Snapfire -2)
Discrete Voice Stress Analyzer (Signature Item): Mind reading, limited to determining truth/falsehood, 10 PPts, 1/use; serves as mundane Language Translator
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)

User avatar
Tahlia of Dis
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 am

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

Indifferent to planning in the best of times, Tahlia's boredom edges close to anger when she is as eager for prey as she is with Tack.

"Yes, use money as bait with a gambling game," she says. "But then how do we force him to give it up? Threats of death do not seem to alter his thinking."

"I am happy to oblige" -- the way she licks her lips drives the point home -- "but if we wish to recover what he owes, we must find the lever to break his will. Perhaps his children, or his wife. A hot iron applied to other flesh sometimes burns more painfully than one's own."
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 15/15
Active Effects:

User avatar
Crótalo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: A Prestigious Introduction

Post by Crótalo »

"Agreed," Crotalo adds with some odd gesture that may be the Vernulian version of a nod. "Head is a last resort."

"If we are agreed on a high stake game then we must procure the necessary tools to acquire our prey: a location, a lure, and leverage."

"Perhaps first we should gather information on our mark. Each of us contacts in the city. Let's work those to figure out what motivate this pungent mammal."

OOC: Networking for info?

User avatar
Dovian
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Dovian »

Dovian nods as Tahlia speakks. "That's what I was thinking. If we can snatch one of the kids, or the wife... Not only is it most likely easier, but it should provide us with some leverage as far as negotiating goes."

User avatar
Alicia Forsythe
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Alicia Forsythe »

Alicia considers further. "I think we might have a few options, then. One would be to abduct him and apply persuasive techniques of whatever sort to get him to give up the cash. If we wish to take this route, I would suggest that rather than set up a gambling sting, we might be best served by simply moving to intercept him while he and his children are on the road. Disabling his transport, while difficult, would be a guaranteed victory once accomplished--he and his retinue would be stranded in the wilderness with no back-up, and we could deal with him at our leisure--and the leverage would be conveniently on-hand. The biggest downside is that this approach seems to have the largest chance of killing him without getting the money--in fact, bad luck could result in not only the man dying, but his head being less than intact, afterwards, and thus a complete failure. Our employers would likely not be happy with this."

She tilts her head, thinking. "The other approach would be to try to find the money before he even knows we are looking for it. This would entail a two-step approach, both to be completed before he returns and the guard on his house is enhanced. First, we would need to gather whatever information we can from our respective networks and contacts; once that was accomplished, then we would infiltrate his home under cover of darkness, and ransack it looking for the money, or at least to determine where it is. The downside of this approach, of course, is that we might be looking for something that isn't there."

She taps her teeth with a fingernail. "There is a possible variant approach--probably the most difficult, but with the greatest chance of success if we can pull it off. Would it be possible to substitute ourselves in for the new security team? Once inside the house 'legitimately', we would not only be able to search, but we could observe him directly and have a greater chance of discerning where he has hidden the funds; we could even bug the home. And, if we have to resort to direct interrogation, we would have access to both the man and his family--and I suspect that we would be in a position to deal with the other guards more efficiently, as well. This plan, however, depends on us being able to insert ourselves as the alternate team--which means we would need to first find a way to get the company he has hired to send us in."
Alicia Forsythe
Novice Intelligent Construct
OOC Comments
Agility d12, Smarts d12, Spirit d10 (+2 Unshake), Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6+2 (+1 Urban Climb); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 Shady Characters, Interface); Notice d6+6; Persuasion d6+2 (Re-Roll, +2 Networking); Stealth d10+4 (+1 Urban); Fighting d4; Electronics d6 (+2 Interface); Hacking d6 (+4 Interface); Performance d8+2; Repair d6; Research d6+2 (+2 Interface); Shooting d4; Thievery d10+3
Notice Circumstantial Modifiers: vs. Surprise: +2 w/Re-roll, Raise = On Hold; Enemy locations, evidence, analyze scene: +2; Ignore Illumination
Edges: Alertness, Charismatic, Linguist, Investigator, Thief, Streetwise, Field Intel, Danger Sense
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Secret, Mild-Mannered, Minor Ruthless, Major Outsider (if known Construct), Major Driven: Amass Intelligence, Major Wanted, Alien Construction (-4 to Repair attempts), Feature-Locked Physiology, Malfunctions (CritFails = System Tech Difficulties)
Features
Auto-repair Unit: Free Vigor to heal Wound 1/d; Bleeding Out +4
Electronics Package: 20-mile comms; data storage; interface jack
Construct: +2 Unshake, ignore 1 point of Wounds, no breathe, Disease/Poison Immunity; Wounds are fixed with Repair instead of Healing with no “Golden Hour”
Lifelike: -4 Notice to determine true nature even with close exam
Gear
E-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA: +2 Stealth, Concealable -2
Vallax Force Gun: 12/24/48; 3d8+1 MD, AP 4; Concealable -4
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
JA-11 Juicer Assassin Energy Rifle: 30/60/120; 4d6 AP 4; Shots 30+30; Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting); Heavy Beam (3 Shots, +4 MD, Snapfire -2); AltMode Ion Beam (20/40/80; 1-3d10; RoF 3; Heavy Pulse RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 MD, Snapfire -2)
Discrete Voice Stress Analyzer (Signature Item): Mind reading, limited to determining truth/falsehood, 10 PPts, 1/use; serves as mundane Language Translator
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Gill likes the ideas being put forth. "Looks like it is time to gather some intelligence. I will try and look into the guy and see what talents he has. One of you want to dig into this security team and find out what we can of their make up?"

Standing up he waits for replies before getting to action himself. "Meet back here in a few hours, see what information we find?" Gill knew there others would fill in the details. But he was ready to start gathering more information. There needs to be something special about this guy or his security team for thejob to be worth so much.

Networking
Networking +2, Persuasion d8
Persuasion [dice:a2u2j9e2]64327:0[/dice:a2u2j9e2]
Wild [dice:a2u2j9e2]64327:1[/dice:a2u2j9e2]
Ace [dice:a2u2j9e2]64327:2[/dice:a2u2j9e2]

Even with tons of bennies and Elan, I am not sure rerolling is wise.
Gill and Curatrix hits the streets. As usual Curatrix traveled in the form of a 7' tall brutish looking man. Still able to support when needed, but not standing out for no reason. When in the streets Gill was in his element. He had always been a karma chameleon, able to come and go. So causing a conversation to drift, and slide into a direction needed was easy.

What was it about William Tack that meant you needed am elite crew to hunt him?
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Alicia Forsythe
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Alicia Forsythe »

OOC Comments
Hacking the Security Company
+4 from Interface Jack
Hacking [dice:1w90625d]64544:0[/dice:1w90625d]
Wild Hacking [dice:1w90625d]64544:1[/dice:1w90625d]
Benny to reroll
Hacking [dice:1w90625d]64544:2[/dice:1w90625d]
Wild Hacking [dice:1w90625d]64544:3[/dice:1w90625d]
2/3 Bennies
Alicia nods to Gill. "I'm gonna sound out the security company, see how difficult it would be to get us on their staff and swapped in."

She heads off, finding a small sub-contractor the security company uses for maintenance and janitorial services in their offices; a little B&E later, she's planted a virus on the contractor's system to give her a backdoor into any system it connects to to receive payments. Then it's just a matter of time; sure enough, when the next contract payment is made at the end of the week, she's got full access to the security company's systems.

Interconnectivity is wonderful.

After that, it's simply a matter of spending a few hours looking over their hiring procedures. Overwatch Security's reputation is excellent, because they do extensive background research on their employees. But they're large enough that they employ many teams on a subcontract basis; much of the internal communication is electronic, and even duty assignments are a matter of an algorithm. it's a simple enough matter to find a now-deceased background-checker, insert some appropriate files into the system for each of the crew (under assumed names, of course), and tweak the algorithm to pick them, specifically, for the assignment. The company actually sends a courier with their badges, assignment details and so forth to an office front she occasionally uses for things like this.

So, when she meets up with the rest of the team, she shows them the badges. "If we go with this route, we're completely covered--I've included your cover's backstory file along with the badges. Nothing too intricate, just enough to survive a once-over if someone does a double-check. But you should know at least your cover name and your last assignment reflexively."
Alicia Forsythe
Novice Intelligent Construct
OOC Comments
Agility d12, Smarts d12, Spirit d10 (+2 Unshake), Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6+2 (+1 Urban Climb); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 Shady Characters, Interface); Notice d6+6; Persuasion d6+2 (Re-Roll, +2 Networking); Stealth d10+4 (+1 Urban); Fighting d4; Electronics d6 (+2 Interface); Hacking d6 (+4 Interface); Performance d8+2; Repair d6; Research d6+2 (+2 Interface); Shooting d4; Thievery d10+3
Notice Circumstantial Modifiers: vs. Surprise: +2 w/Re-roll, Raise = On Hold; Enemy locations, evidence, analyze scene: +2; Ignore Illumination
Edges: Alertness, Charismatic, Linguist, Investigator, Thief, Streetwise, Field Intel, Danger Sense
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Secret, Mild-Mannered, Minor Ruthless, Major Outsider (if known Construct), Major Driven: Amass Intelligence, Major Wanted, Alien Construction (-4 to Repair attempts), Feature-Locked Physiology, Malfunctions (CritFails = System Tech Difficulties)
Features
Auto-repair Unit: Free Vigor to heal Wound 1/d; Bleeding Out +4
Electronics Package: 20-mile comms; data storage; interface jack
Construct: +2 Unshake, ignore 1 point of Wounds, no breathe, Disease/Poison Immunity; Wounds are fixed with Repair instead of Healing with no “Golden Hour”
Lifelike: -4 Notice to determine true nature even with close exam
Gear
E-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA: +2 Stealth, Concealable -2
Vallax Force Gun: 12/24/48; 3d8+1 MD, AP 4; Concealable -4
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
JA-11 Juicer Assassin Energy Rifle: 30/60/120; 4d6 AP 4; Shots 30+30; Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting); Heavy Beam (3 Shots, +4 MD, Snapfire -2); AltMode Ion Beam (20/40/80; 1-3d10; RoF 3; Heavy Pulse RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 MD, Snapfire -2)
Discrete Voice Stress Analyzer (Signature Item): Mind reading, limited to determining truth/falsehood, 10 PPts, 1/use; serves as mundane Language Translator
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)

User avatar
Dovian
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Dovian »

OOC Comments
WIP
Persuasion [dice:1ekhcq5i]64545:0[/dice:1ekhcq5i]
Wild Die [dice:1ekhcq5i]64545:1[/dice:1ekhcq5i]

Free reroll
Persuasion [dice:1ekhcq5i]64545:2[/dice:1ekhcq5i]
Wild Die [dice:1ekhcq5i]64545:3[/dice:1ekhcq5i]
Dovian heads towards the sleaziest part of town he can find. Suspecting at least someone from the security team has an unsavory past, he hits up a few hoverbike clubs, a whorehouse and an illegal casino before finally, he finds Tazik, a Grackletooth hype dealer that has a client that works as a supervisor for the security company. Davion claps Tazik on the back and slips him a few credits, and returns happily with the name Mike Grange, security team leader. Surely if rigging the computer system doesn't work, some good old fashioned black mail will.

User avatar
Crótalo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Crótalo »

Paducah Heights was the most plush and posh place to live in all of MercTown. People who lived their hated doing dirty work and employed servants and staff people to work for them. The dirtiest jobs were reserved for d-bees. Despite all the claims to the contrary most d-bees were the poor second class citizens of this mangy planet. Lost, scattered, far from everything they knew they settled into the human way like sheep. And like sheep they could be frightened.

After asking around about who works at the Tack residence Crotalo gets a lead on the head butler - a dog boy - genetically bred by the humans to be good loyal servants. Turns out this was a bad dog, however. His massive olfactory abilities caused him to have a fetish with sniffing women's underthings. Underthings he secreted from his employer's family.

Having tracked the hound dog to his hovel, Crotalo waited patiently for it to return from work.The dog boy easily smelled the before he saw him lurking in the shadows. Ears back, a low growl formed in its throat. Yet, Crotalo could smell too, he knew the butler was afraid. Straightening up to his full fourteen foot height and spread his arms wide Crotalo gives a might hiss, causing the boy to whimper in fear and cower to his better.

The smell of urine fills the air as the dog boy soils himself, and Crotalo hisses in a low barely perceptible voice - easily heard by the butler's canine ears, "I know you work for the Tack's. Tell me everything of their routines and help me access the property when I wish - or I will reveal your secret love for your mistresses underthings."

Then eat you alive you disgusting mammal
Intimidation 10, raise
Intimidation [dice:1tedig5h]64766:0[/dice:1tedig5h]
Wild [dice:1tedig5h]64766:1[/dice:1tedig5h]

User avatar
Tahlia of Dis
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 am

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

Intimidate
Intimidate 7[dice:253o5v96]64771:0[/dice:253o5v96]
Wild [dice:253o5v96]64771:1[/dice:253o5v96]
Still convinced the gambler's family would be the easiest knife to twist, Tahlia goes in search of the shopping district closest to the man's residence. There, she begins to ... strenuously ... question anyone who knows Tack or his family. She asks about mannerisms, forces clerks to review security video showing the wife, the children ...

By the time she's done, there are enough corpses that burning down the strip mall seems like the safest route. She returns to the group's rented quarters smeared with ash and blood, grinning like a well-fed cat.

"I know them now," she says, uttering the words of a spell that causes her appearance to flash through first one, then another of Tack's family members. "Do you think he will weep more seeing his wife slay one of their children, or to see the child disembowel the mother?"
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 15/15
Active Effects:

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Snake Eyes »

Gill is a master of getting information without anyone realizing they're being interrogated. After about an hour of asking around, he and Curatrix run into a low-level street punk named Trask. Trask might not be a tough, but he has his ear to the ground. "Tack? Oh, he's sharp. Ain't just a lucky name. Smartest guy on the block. He ain't powered so's anyone would know, but he's every bit of savvy. Knows what makes people tick, an' knows how to make his cred go far, know'm'sayin'? Why do you bring a crew? 'cause he's got one. S'what I hear. They're loyal, too." He nods emphatically. "Yeah man. Tack's crew, his real close one? I hear they work for free, on account of what he done for 'em. All the cred in the world ain't turnin' them guys. His other security? Them's all workin' stiffs. They need the cred an' they ain't crossin' Overwatch Security. Might as well give up on bein' a merc, you burn that bridge. Good luck gettin' on their list, too. Overwatch is tighter than a codpiece on a rhino-buffalo."
Not so tight, though, that Alicia wasn't able to hack the system and plant their fake profiles. Her algorithm ensured that the 3rd team Tack requested was composed entirely of members of Prestige, and fast-tracked to management approval. The manager in charge of this assignment: Mike Grange. A closet hype-head. Dovian made sure that Mr. Grange's habit was "their little secret." Grange ensured that the team Alicia compiled was rubber-stamped for approval and immediate deployment, and also relayed clearance to the Old Town gate security. Unfortunately, the requested team was cut by executive order. Only four bodies were allotted to this assignment. It appears Overwatch Security is reluctant to deploy any additional security, as Mr. Tack's account is past due.
No sweat.
Crotalo manages to use the butler's indecent proclivities against him. The dog boy, frightened of losing his job (and access to the dirty laundry) agrees to open the side door for the Vernulian and a guest. He has also been instructed to request clearance for two servants to pass through the Old Town gates. The guest should be no problem, as Tahlia's brutally efficient shadowing and reconnaissance of the Tack family yields more than enough information on mannerisms to get her through the door past all but the most stringent inspection by the most familiar of the security detail, using her choice of Tack family faces.
The Itinerary
The Tacks live a regimented life. William is meticulous about details, and nothing changes. Monday through Thursday mornings, his children are tutored at home. Stephen, 10, is a math whiz. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Rhianne, 8, is a phenomenal dancer and singer, even for her age. She takes after her mother, Lyssa. The Tack children have individual private tutors who come to the home at 8 AM and leave at 1:15 PM. Fridays, the Tack children are taken, individually under guard, to their respective extracurricular studies. Stephen is a burgeoning martial artist, and Rhianne spends time in a private dance studio. One member of his personal security force accompanies each child, along with one of the more senior Overwatch personnel.
Kraig, the 4 armed 'borg, takes Stephen. The Overwatch team member is usually a magic user, a ley line walker or similar, who is able to teleport the boy and the borg out of harm's way.
Shade, a Quindorra Crazy, accompanies Rhianne. The Overwatch team member is usually something cyber-enhanced, headhunter or city rat type.
Mrs. Lyssa Tack has assorted social visits and club meetings most mornings. She's home by lunchtime. With her at all times are Vedder, a human juicer, and Niels, a nega-psychic. There are also two additional individuals from Overwatch who patrol near their vehicle while Mrs. Tack is onsite. There's often a psionic of some kind, and usually additional combat support in the form of a borg or a headhunter.
William Tack, especially recently, has been waking late, working in his home office, and leaving after his children go to bed, usually around 9 or 10 PM. He makes various stops all around MercTown. There is no set pattern to his evening visits. During the day, he is guarded by Findriel, an elven mage (most likely a ley line walker), and Fletcher, (AKA "Fletch" - creative, right?) a mind melter. The dossier says he is human, but indicates this may not be accurate. On his evening rounds, Shade and Niels accompany him. Overwatch Security forces wander the perimeter in a mix of combat types (juicers, crazies, headhunters) and likely arcane types. There are (2) 6 man squads on 4 hours on, 4 hours off rotations.
All totaled, there are 6 members of Tack's personal, private security on duty at all times, on their various assignments. Depending on the time of day, there are 6 additional Overwatch personnel on duty, with a 15 minute shift-change overlap (making 12 Overwatch guards total). Shifts change at 6 AM, and every 4 hours thereafter. The off-crew is also on alert, and may be summoned as needed in case of emergency.
Weekends at the Tack house are more flexible, but no less regulated. Any sleepovers for the kids are visitors to their home. The Tack children do not do overnights anywhere else. Lyssa has her nails done Saturday mornings, in-house, then goes out shopping. Her normal security detail accompanies her. William's schedule remains the same; waking late, office time, etc. Saturday evenings, William and Lyssa go out to dinner and are home by 9 PM to tuck the children in. The last two weeks, however, William has cut dinner short. A separate car picks Lyssa up from the restaurant, and William and his security detail go out into the city. There is no increase in security at the house on weekends, except that the Tack children are home along with their detail.
The new 4 man crew is to be assigned strictly to bolster numbers at the house during the daytime, starting at 8 AM and off at 2 PM, coming back at 8 PM and leaving at 2 AM. Your crew has been told to expect extended shifts on Saturday and Sunday, and to prepare accordingly. Word is that William will be taking extra personnel on his evening wanderings.
Your own "word on the street" is that William is making some big play on Friday and Saturday, but nobody you can find knows what the play is.
Your first shift starts Tuesday. The Black Market account must be settled by midnight on that next Sunday/Monday.
Get to work, Prestige.
Security Profiles
Kraig: 4 armed borg, driver. Favors heavy weapons. Zero concern for collateral damage when he's on duty. Usually packs a railgun and integrated, souped-up vambraces. Yes, 4 of them. He will not hesitate to level a building to protect the Tacks. Innocent bystanders? "Nobody's innocent. They had it comin'. I just stamped their ticket."
Vedder: human juicer. Crack shot, nasty disposition. Fast enough to see the bullet coming, and not scared of diving in front of one to save the Tacks. Word is, his juice is running low, and he has no interest in going quietly. "Hit me with your best shot, pal. I can take it."
Shade: Quick-Flex Crazy. Twin custom vibroswords. She slices, she dices, and she laughs while she's doing it. Loves the hit-and-run kill. She thinks she's a time-traveler. She's so fast though that you might almost think she knew what you were going to do before you did it. "I saw you make that move before you woke up this morning. Try again, sweetie."
Fletch: Mind Melter. Human...maybe. Absolute fanatic about protecting William Tack. He is exceedingly persuasive. "These aren't the tacks you're looking for."
Findriel: Elven Ley Line Walker. She is an advisor to William Tack, in addition to personal security. What you see is likely NOT what you're getting. Illusions and protection is her forte. She leaves combat to those with less aptitude for the TRUE arts. She is very old (you wouldn't know from looking at her) and very learned. What powers she hasn't learned, she has a trinket for. Word has it that the relationship here is more than a bodyguard and a VIP. "The combat avoided is the combat won."
Niels: Human Nega-psychic. Favors super-tech gear, and has a lot of it. "Magic? Pfft. I've got a tool for that."
Instructions
RP a game plan for how you want to make entry, when you want to do it, etc. 4 of your 6 (including Curatrix) team members are cleared for security duty. Pick those. Crotalo has arranged entry for the other two. Once you have a plan, we can execute.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 9/9
Wild Card Bennies:
TBD
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: ?/?
Kraig: ?/?
Vedder: ?/?
Shade: ?/?
Fletch: ?/?
Findriel: ?/?
Niels: ?/?

User avatar
Crótalo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Crótalo »

Looking over the information Crotalo gives a satisfied hiss, "There is enough here to get us close. Alicia, you are the connection with overwatch you should lead the false security detai, Tahila should also be with the security team. Given my appearance perhaps that is easier then pretending to be a servant" Besides, even pretending to serve these humans would make me ill, they should be worshipping at my tentacles. "Gill and Dovian have the appropriate skills to enter on the servants schedule and fake their way through any challenges."

Of course no one would dare question him, so Crotalo continues. "Let us time our entry so we are all in the house at once. We must lock it down from any other visitors, and ensure Overwatch cannot send backup. Getting past the blindly loyal forces may require more effort. I am open to suggestions on how to quickly take them down."

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

"Better two golden eggs than one." Looking over to where Curatrix was having a discussion with a wall, Gill shakes his head. Walls where some of the most boring things to speak with, their souls only ever worried with things that lean against them, they only get excited for the briefest of moments. Turning back he replies to the serpent. "I like your plan there @Crótalo but think perhaps a sleight change may be possible. What would you think about having a chance to read his mind. I want to know what this big job is he has planned. Maybe letting him finish it if he will make enough money and then we get the bigger pay for turning him in able to pay off his debts."

Looking around the team he asks. "Any of you able to mind walk? I have a few talents, but one like that would be pretty useful here. Best I could do would be to convince him to tell us, but then he would know we know, and I just don't think it is a good idea for him to know we know."
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Tahlia of Dis
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 am

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

"I could appear as his wife. But he does not strike me as kind of man who tells his wife of his business," Tahlia says. "Mind-theft seems easier way, if you are opposed to torture."

She sneers a little, making clear her thoughts on such softness.

"As far as killing the watchers, I have found is best to make them vulnerable -- play on emotions or wait until they disrobe for biological reasons. Strike then, when they are without armor. For some reason they do not fight well naked."
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 15/15
Active Effects:

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Tahlia of Dis wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 am
"I could appear as his wife. But he does not strike me as kind of man who tells his wife of his business," Tahlia says. "Mind-theft seems easier way, if you are opposed to torture."
Gill nods, "Impersonating an individual can be tough. Do you think you can pull it off, or do you need to get to know her a bit?"
Tahlia of Dis wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 am
"As far as killing the watchers, I have found is best to make them vulnerable -- play on emotions or wait until they disrobe for biological reasons. Strike then, when they are without armor. For some reason they do not fight well naked."
The idea of being ambushed while taking a crap gives Gill the shivers. "Um, yeah. That makes sense and is a good way to go." Then thinking on a little bit more he asks. "Why would these people be so loyal to him. The guy sounds like a prick. Anyone think maybe there is some mind control involved, could we be dealing with a mind mage?"
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Alicia Forsythe
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Alicia Forsythe »

Alicia nods at heading up the security detail. When asked about how best to deal with the guards, she considers. Tahlia's not wrong about taking down people who are at a disadvantage, but that's more true of the brutes than the arcane types, who are fully capable of casting spells in their boxers. For them, may I suggest drugs? The borg, juicer and crazy, though, are best dealt with in a more violent fashion, if they cannot simply be removed from play in some fashion--and we lack the time, I think, to come up with a sufficiently convincing ruse to lead them all out of the house at the same time."
Alicia Forsythe
Novice Intelligent Construct
OOC Comments
Agility d12, Smarts d12, Spirit d10 (+2 Unshake), Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6+2 (+1 Urban Climb); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 Shady Characters, Interface); Notice d6+6; Persuasion d6+2 (Re-Roll, +2 Networking); Stealth d10+4 (+1 Urban); Fighting d4; Electronics d6 (+2 Interface); Hacking d6 (+4 Interface); Performance d8+2; Repair d6; Research d6+2 (+2 Interface); Shooting d4; Thievery d10+3
Notice Circumstantial Modifiers: vs. Surprise: +2 w/Re-roll, Raise = On Hold; Enemy locations, evidence, analyze scene: +2; Ignore Illumination
Edges: Alertness, Charismatic, Linguist, Investigator, Thief, Streetwise, Field Intel, Danger Sense
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Secret, Mild-Mannered, Minor Ruthless, Major Outsider (if known Construct), Major Driven: Amass Intelligence, Major Wanted, Alien Construction (-4 to Repair attempts), Feature-Locked Physiology, Malfunctions (CritFails = System Tech Difficulties)
Features
Auto-repair Unit: Free Vigor to heal Wound 1/d; Bleeding Out +4
Electronics Package: 20-mile comms; data storage; interface jack
Construct: +2 Unshake, ignore 1 point of Wounds, no breathe, Disease/Poison Immunity; Wounds are fixed with Repair instead of Healing with no “Golden Hour”
Lifelike: -4 Notice to determine true nature even with close exam
Gear
E-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA: +2 Stealth, Concealable -2
Vallax Force Gun: 12/24/48; 3d8+1 MD, AP 4; Concealable -4
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
JA-11 Juicer Assassin Energy Rifle: 30/60/120; 4d6 AP 4; Shots 30+30; Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting); Heavy Beam (3 Shots, +4 MD, Snapfire -2); AltMode Ion Beam (20/40/80; 1-3d10; RoF 3; Heavy Pulse RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 MD, Snapfire -2)
Discrete Voice Stress Analyzer (Signature Item): Mind reading, limited to determining truth/falsehood, 10 PPts, 1/use; serves as mundane Language Translator
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

"For getting them out of the house perhaps illusions or impersonations of their boss in danger or needing help? If they are loyal to him, that can be exploited. I think I could whip up a gadget to disguise a few people for about half an hour or so."
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Tahlia of Dis
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 am

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

Gill wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:18 am
Gill nods, "Impersonating an individual can be tough. Do you think you can pull it off, or do you need to get to know her a bit?"
Tahlia sniffs as if insulted.

"I know all that is needed. I could convince the woman herself she is doppelganger."
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 15/15
Active Effects:

User avatar
Dovian
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Dovian »

Dovian yawns, bored. "So is the plan then to try to go in soft? That's, ok I guess. What are our plans to deal with security, though? Should we each designate someone to take out, or what?" He smirks "Oh, by the way, I forgot. I can whip up a brew that will leg us ghost through the walls. Just let me know if we might need that and I'll get to work on it."

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Dovian wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 pm
Dovian yawns, bored. "So is the plan then to try to go in soft? That's, ok I guess. What are our plans to deal with security, though? Should we each designate someone to take out, or what?" He smirks "Oh, by the way, I forgot. I can whip up a brew that will leg us ghost through the walls. Just let me know if we might need that and I'll get to work on it."
"That seems like a handy potion to have on hand. I would like one or two of those prepared just in case." Gill's belt allowed him to move through walls with little or no issue. But the ability to get multiple people through would be real handy. Most arcanist can only affects themselves wit such spells. There are real advantages to having a skilled alchemist on the team.
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Crótalo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Crótalo »

If he had eyebrow, Coral would have raised one at the pathetic human Dovian. To make everyone pass through walls was no small feat. Perhaps I will consume him last.

"As we have our way in your potions maybe the best means of escape. With or without Tack. Thus, we infiltrate as the security force and via the servants entrance. Neutralize the mate. Impersonate it. And us that appearance to get close to Tack. Perhaps at that time we assault his inner circle of security while Tailha takes Tack out through the walls. When they are out we also withdraw."

The idea of retreat sickens him a little, but there is no value to be gained in a fight to the death once Tack is secured. As much as their deaths would please him.

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Crótalo wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 am
If he had eyebrow, Coral would have raised one at the pathetic human Dovian. To make everyone pass through walls was no small feat. Perhaps I will consume him last.

"As we have our way in your potions maybe the best means of escape. With or without Tack. Thus, we infiltrate as the security force and via the servants entrance. Neutralize the mate. Impersonate it. And us that appearance to get close to Tack. Perhaps at that time we assault his inner circle of security while Tailha takes Tack out through the walls. When they are out we also withdraw."

The idea of retreat sickens him a little, but there is no value to be gained in a fight to the death once Tack is secured. As much as their deaths would please him.
"Sounds to me like we have the basics of a plan. Lets do this mission. If we need to hide her body to keep her from popping up and interrupting the disguise how long would it take you to consume her, and would there be any evidence left?"
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Snake Eyes
Game Master
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Snake Eyes »

Tuesday, 8 AM. Watches are synchronized and signals are set. Your Overwatch supervisor gives you a quick rundown of your instructions. Staggered patrols, 2 inside, 2 out. You essentially fill the gaps made when Lyssa's detail leaves. In case of even the slightest hint of trouble, or even if you imagined something that wasn't there, you are to radio first and THEN shoot to kill, no warnings. William Tack is wound tighter than a drum and would prefer to sort out dead bodies of accidental intruders than to risk his family. Considering his connections within MercTown, there's little doubt he could bury just about anyone with no repercussions.
@Crótalo and @Tahlia of Dis are standing by, waiting for the signal to enter. Tuesday, however, doesn't make an opening for you. You're each pulled aside, individually, and grilled by Niels, the nega-psychic. You count yourself fortunate that he wasn't reading minds. He asks about your Overwatch profiles, making sure you are who your profile says you are. The professionals of Prestige let nothing slip, but the heat is turned up even on the security personnel. Lyssa and her detail exit, and you're on your routes.
During the day shift, you watch the goings and you listen for hints of the following days. You manage to catch Lyssa's plan for Wednesday morning. She has a planning committee meeting for one of her social clubs and won't be home for lunch. This is your opening.
You spend the rest of the Tuesday memorizing patrol routes and knowing who is on duty. The crew rotations happen at 9:55 AM and again at 1:55 PM. Someone trying anything at 10 or 2 is going to have a very bad day. You're dismissed at 2:05 and told to report back at 8 PM. The overnight shift is quiet. Tack returns just as your shift is wrapping up around 2 AM. You catch a glimpse of him as he enters the house. He has a perturbed look on his face, and his guards are definitely "up." There's no good way to tell what happened, but he makes straight for his office. You're ushered out with little fanfare and told not to be late in the morning.
Wednesday morning comes. Lyssa Tack lingers later in the morning than usual, not leaving the house until 9:30. She has an unpleasant look on her face, but plasters on a fake smile to bid her children goodbye. She exits with Vedder and Niels and, uncharacteristically, four of the Overwatch personnel. Your Overwatch supervisor changes your patrol route to fill the gaps, but anyone with eyes can see that there are holes in the grid.
Today's your day.
10:30 AM - Overwatch shift change is over. Two of the normal four guys are off to account for Lyssa's extra security. One cybered up merc soldier and one young mage are the only ones left on the mid-shift. Stephen and Rhianne Tack are in separate study rooms with their tutors. Outside the doors are Kraig, the 4 armed borg, and Shade, the crazy. Shade almost looks like she's mentally checked out when you pass by, her eyes scanning the nothingness over her head. Kraig watches you like a hawk when you make your pass. You're convinced that his targeting system has computed a firing solution even before you round the corner down his hallway. You also get the feeling that he would like you to try something. Your intel suggests that he knows exactly where he can point that railgun to achieve maximum destruction without hitting any of the Tacks.
Fletch made a circuit around the house between 10 and 10:30, also uncharacteristically. There's definitely something "off" about him. His walk just doesn't make sense. Findriel hasn't been seen all morning, and neither has William. You know that unless he left between 2 and 8, he's still there. His office on the main floor is closed and locked. He must still be in bed. Whatever your plan is, you've got 3 good hours to execute it before Lyssa returns.
OPPOSITION:
The attached map shows the layout. The red circle is Tack's office. Kraig and Shade stand at the doors to the study rooms for Stephen and Rhianne Tack (ST & RT). Your patrol positions are noted, but you are constantly moving, weaving in and out of the home, all rotating counter-clockwise. The blue underlines show the stairs to the 2nd floor.
Fletch has gone back upstairs, but not before telling Kraig "the boss is upstairs alone, yeah? Keep it down." It's fair to assume Findriel is upstairs with him.
Instructions
Taking out the Overwatch guards is a simple 2 part dramatic task per guard. A simple success on a Stealth check gets you into range. From there, a simple raise with an appropriate quiet combat skill (Fighting with a neural mace, unarmed strike, Shooting with a bow or some other silenced ranged weapon, or Arcane skill using a power that fits the situation. Support is encouraged. Tahlia and Crótalo can make their entrance whenever they'd like and participate in the KO of the Overwatch guards or they can try their own side task.
In order to get upstairs, you do not need to engage Kraig or Shade. However, you know enough about this crew to know that if there's the slightest peep that isn't normal, they'll be upstairs in a flash. If you intend to deal with them first, they are Stealth (or in Tahlia's case, some sort of performance / persuasion / disguise skill check to convince them you're Lyssa Tack) at -2. If you're going a combat route, your skill check will be actively opposed by their best combat skill. They are Wild Cards and they are exceedingly dangerous in a fight. If you have a more creative way of dealing with them that is non-combat, we can work that out too.
Tack Manor - level 1 - notated.jpg
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 9/9
Wild Card Bennies:
TBD
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: ?/?
Kraig: ?/?
Vedder: ?/?
Shade: ?/?
Fletch: ?/?
Findriel: ?/?
Niels: ?/?

User avatar
Tahlia of Dis
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:41 am

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Tahlia of Dis »

Tahlia watches with hooded eyes as the Tack household spins toward a defining moment. The concerned looks, the unexpected changes and fraying patterns ... despite their efforts at planning, she is sure the day will end in violence. There are too many unknowns. Death is the only certainty.

The knowledge doesn't bother her in the slightest. If anything, the scent of blood in the air excites her, sends a fire through her veins she does her best to control.

When the time comes, she says nothing to Crotalo, doesn't bother with a nod or significant look. The plan will work or it won't. Chaos will emerge and she will respond.

She ducks into an alcove and makes the change before heading upstairs, her face and form matching Lyssa Tack's down to the smallest detail. Opting for the direct route, she adopts the same scowl the woman wore this morning as she heads toward the second-floor bedroom.

Rounding the corner, she comes face to face with Kraig. She doesn't give the 'Borg a chance to speak.

"I need to speak with my husband. And that means you need to get out of my fucking way before I have you recommissioned as a trash compactor."

She brushes past him without waiting for a reply, fingers tingling, ready to summon her hellblade should he try to stop her or radio for assistance.

Raise to bluff her way upstairs
Spellcasting to activate Disguise+Illusory Mask
Spellcasting 1d8!!: [7] = 7 = Success
Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Intimidate at -2 to get past Kraig without additional scrutiny
Intimidate 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8 = Success with a Raise
Tahlia of Dis
Quick Stats
Earthbound Fury (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d8 (1d12), Vigor d12
Pace: 6 (1d6); Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (10)
Hindrances: Arcane Construct (needs 5 PPE/day, repaired with Occult/Spellcasting), Bloodthirsty, Vengeful (M), Outsider (M), Overconfident (M), Malfunctions (suffers TD), Wanted (M), Weakness: Holy (+4 damage and -4 to resist attacks/effects)
Common Knowledge d4, Intimidation d8+2, Notice d8+6, Persuasion d4,
Edges and Abilities of Note: Additional Action (ignore 2 MAP), Adept (speed), Advanced Senses (ignores Illumination penalties, senses everything), AB: Magic (subject to Bound, Silenced); Auto-Repair Unit (Vigor 1/day to heal 1 Wound, +4 vs Bleeding Out), Bio-Reactor (can consume food), Construct (+2 vs Shaken, Ignore penalties for 1 Wound, doesn't breathe, immune to disease/poison), Danger Sense (+2 vs Surprise, On Hold with raise; Notice -2 to detect hazards), Dodge (-2 to hit with ranged), First Strike, Level-Headed, Master of Magic, Tough as Nails (Gains extra Wound)
PPE: 15/15
Active Effects:

User avatar
Crótalo
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Crótalo »

Making no attempt to hide his approach, Crotalo up to the young merc at the back of the residence and looks upon him with utter disdain. "What are you doing here you ridiculous flesh bag? I am supposed to be guarding this position, you are are leaving a hole in the security pattern. I would say to give your head a shake, but your pea brain would make a terrible noise as it rattled around in your skull. Go figure out your assignment," looking the boy in the eyes Crotalo gives him an evil stare "Begone!"


Narrative using the fear power to send him on his way.
Psionics 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Psionics (free reroll on fear) 1d8!!: [6] = 6
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

Benny
Psionics 1d8!!: [10!!] = 10
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Curatrix

When the signal for action comes Curatrix finds it is interrupted from a very interesting conversation it was having with Fhuqibnaghz. A shrub that has learned a lot about the rich soil here. Fhuqibnaghz was treated well, and though it did not like being trimmed, it always felt better after a couple days and healthier. The soil here was rich and something here would frequently bring more nutrients for it.

'Its time, be subtle.' The words moved Curatrix to work. The earth was kind for Curatrix and silenced its steps for it, to keep its enemies from enemies. As the giant golem moved it felt something wrap around it from Gill protecting their souls.
Impermeability [Arcane Protection (Adept Innate ability for Gill)]
Gill activates Exalted Arcane Protection with Shroud 1d10!!: [3] = 3
EAP Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1


Stealth 1d4+1: [2]+1 = 3
Wild 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6

Gill spends Benny to reroll EAP with Shroud 1d10!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
EAP Wild Reroll 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Fighting 1d12!!+2: [11]+2 = 13
Fighting Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3



Coming up behind the mage Curitrix reaches out to the unsuspecting being, grabbing his head he gives the mage a shake, snapping his neck before dropping him behind the bushes.
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Gill
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Gill »

Gill

The signal to move comes and Gill lets Curatrix know to eliminate the mage at the front, wrapping both of them in a shield warding away the arcane powers of mages. Then he sets out on his own mission, moving as calmly as any other man would on a normal day Gill follows after Curatrix, covering both of them in the Bands of Reality so they look like other staff members as they go to remove the mage.

Heading in with a frown he thinks to himself. 'I wonder how it goes for the others.' As he heads to his position joining the others. There are a lot of ways a kidnapping could go wrong. But the worst of them will be after they hit the road with the package. As Curatrix and he turn the door seeing what surprises are there, Gill confirms he is still on track.



Arcane Protection covered in other post.

Stealth 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1

Benny to reroll (See GM tagged EP)
Elan and Stealth 1d6!!+2: [11!!]+2 = 13
Elan and Stealth Wild 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6

Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Rank: Seasoned 2 (MARS + Site = 5) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck


    Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

    Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Rank: Novice 0 Advances Left: 0
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

    Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000

User avatar
Alicia Forsythe
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Re: Prime Crew, Job 1: Cred or Dead

Post by Alicia Forsythe »

Alicia, knowing her partners excel at violence, opts to focus her own efforts on keeping up appearances. Walk past Kraig and Shade at the right times to make it seem as if patrols are uninterrupted, and generally continue making rounds. She doesn't engage with any of the guards, of course--the whole notion is that they're all so professional that they would be put off by unnecessary chit-chat.
Alicia Forsythe
Novice Intelligent Construct
OOC Comments
Agility d12, Smarts d12, Spirit d10 (+2 Unshake), Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d6+2 (+1 Urban Climb); Common Knowledge d6 (+2 Shady Characters, Interface); Notice d6+6; Persuasion d6+2 (Re-Roll, +2 Networking); Stealth d10+4 (+1 Urban); Fighting d4; Electronics d6 (+2 Interface); Hacking d6 (+4 Interface); Performance d8+2; Repair d6; Research d6+2 (+2 Interface); Shooting d4; Thievery d10+3
Notice Circumstantial Modifiers: vs. Surprise: +2 w/Re-roll, Raise = On Hold; Enemy locations, evidence, analyze scene: +2; Ignore Illumination
Edges: Alertness, Charismatic, Linguist, Investigator, Thief, Streetwise, Field Intel, Danger Sense
Hindrances: Major Vow: Prestige Unlimited, Major Secret, Mild-Mannered, Minor Ruthless, Major Outsider (if known Construct), Major Driven: Amass Intelligence, Major Wanted, Alien Construction (-4 to Repair attempts), Feature-Locked Physiology, Malfunctions (CritFails = System Tech Difficulties)
Features
Auto-repair Unit: Free Vigor to heal Wound 1/d; Bleeding Out +4
Electronics Package: 20-mile comms; data storage; interface jack
Construct: +2 Unshake, ignore 1 point of Wounds, no breathe, Disease/Poison Immunity; Wounds are fixed with Repair instead of Healing with no “Golden Hour”
Lifelike: -4 Notice to determine true nature even with close exam
Gear
E-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA: +2 Stealth, Concealable -2
Vallax Force Gun: 12/24/48; 3d8+1 MD, AP 4; Concealable -4
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)
JA-11 Juicer Assassin Energy Rifle: 30/60/120; 4d6 AP 4; Shots 30+30; Multi-Optics Scope (+1 Shooting); Heavy Beam (3 Shots, +4 MD, Snapfire -2); AltMode Ion Beam (20/40/80; 1-3d10; RoF 3; Heavy Pulse RoF 1, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 MD, Snapfire -2)
Discrete Voice Stress Analyzer (Signature Item): Mind reading, limited to determining truth/falsehood, 10 PPts, 1/use; serves as mundane Language Translator
Bandito Arms Branaghan Special Armored Overcoat (Rifts Patron Item)

Post Reply

Return to “On the Job”