Team Tary

Post Reply
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2738
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Team Tary

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Huge Tracts of Land
You have to leave North America they said. Anywhere is better than here.

Right.

After a freak ley line accident trying to get to Europe Tary and his team of intrepid adventurers found themselves in what they eventually deemed to be Russia. Piecing together Golden Age geography they knew they had a long trek to their destination, driving westward through thick forests and steep mountains. Oh, and there were demons everywhere. And it was cold.

Then he caught wind of another group, trapped here from North America, looking for a way home. They were easy to find, they left a trail of bodies in their wake, and they had a boat. He was gaining on them and not sure what he would do if he eventually caught up with them.

The trees thickened and a heavy rainstorm begin, well not rain and not snow either. There was probably Russian word for this type of half frozen precipitation. They had words for every kind of snow.
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
User avatar
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: Team Tary

Post by hobo joe »

“DB, you wait here, I’ll take
the vagabond
with me to approach these fine gentlefolk, we don't want them to get antsy about your origins,”
Tary says to his droid partner, his voice cheerful, with a slight lilting accent he can never completely lose.

DB, replies with a somewhat laconic
imagine a happy Snape, Marvin the not depressed robot
, but obviously electronic voice, "That is one way to look at it, the other way is that I speak Russian and you don't."

"That is a good point, no use sending a dumb elf to talk to a bunch of strangers!"

"That's not what I said."

"So you're coming with then, maybe you, me and Wade can just stroll on up and say hi."

A few quick conversations and Tary, DB and Wade walk carefully and non-threateningly towards the group of adventurers. The four other of Tary's merry band hang around the Mountaineer ATV making sure everything is ready for an expeditious retreat if needed.

The two wolves however, will have none of the staying back and pace a few meters behind DB.

"So," Tary begins, jamming his fur lined cap even further down around his pointy ears, "what do you think we should say. I was thinking, hello, let's talk, we have lots to offer." He grimaces, "Or maybe lead with 'don't kill us, please'?"

DB beeps and boops a second, it's what it calls laughter. "Start with 'zdravstvuyte' and 'tovarishch' and see what happens. They will know right away you don't know Russian."

Holding his hands up and singing a
Performance 1d4+1: [2]+1 = 3 wild 1d6: [4] = 4
, he leads DB and Wade slowly and noisily towards the strangers. Between his
1d8: [2] = 2 wild 1d6: [6] = 6 wild ace 1d6: [2] = 2
, DB and Wade, they should spot any danger. His heart does falter at the trail of bodies. He may have a merry band, but he is not a real leader. A better prepared group would serve all of them well. He's got his unique skills and a few guns to offer too.

When he gets within friendly shouting distance he
1d6+1: [6]+1 = 7 ace 1d6: [3] = 3 wild 1d6: [6] = 6 wild ace 1d6: [5] = 5
, "Zdrasustvuyte tovarish! Hello there! Please don't shoot!"
Dice rolls
1d6: [6] = 6
User avatar
hobo joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: Team Tary

Post by hobo joe »

The air freezes their lungs. Two adults, peasants or homeless; the distinction is meaningless at this point. They are without a doubt dispossessed. The small fire blazing before them does little to warm anything, but the light is cheerful. There is room under the Mountaineer ATV to lie down or huddle under a blanket. So that's what they do, murmuring and muttering to each other. Neither complains about why they are stuck in this gods forsaken country. They speak highly of Tary, even of DB-B1.

Meanwhile two other figures move about the camp, with purpose. One stands on top of the massive vehicle, scanning the forests and the sky, alert for danger. She moves like a professional. Armor, gun. A soldier.

Stumping around on the ground in irregular laps around the camp, another armed and armored person watches for danger. But he is less polished, less well armed, and less disciplined. Maybe not younger, but less professional.

All of them seem cold and tired, but not one of them seems to regret their situation. They chatter amongst themselves, wondering what the next adventure Tary will lead them on. Their lives are forever changed, but they would say it's been for the better. Each left something behind, and the road has given them something they didn't know they were missing.

Not a cult leader, not a charlatan, Tary is just a nice guy who makes people want to be around him. People who need something more gravitate to him, and he makes them comfortable -- emotionally, not always physically, they are lost in Russia after all -- and welcome. Rag tag groups need a nucleus. Tary, DB-B1, a couple wolves and four or five other people qualify as a rag tag group, and Tary is the nucleus.
Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”