Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Adventures of the Legion's 32nd Special Exploratory Team.
User avatar
Hedge
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Hedge »

Fear 1d10!! / 1d6!!: [9]+[3] = 12
by the presence of deevils in their midst Hedge turns his attention to saving everyone...and hopefully in doing so saving himself. He
Athletics 1d8!! / 1d6!!: [15!!]+[4] = 19
from the rooftop lands atop the mountaineer then leaps down and, with stone cold savagery, begins to run down the his next quarry. As he runs he allows his rage to emanate out from his soul shrouding him in
Psionics (Deflection, Innate) 1d8!! / 1d6!!: [7]+[2] = 9 , -2 to be hit.
. Reaching a pair of foes he lashes out with
Fighting Multi-Action 1d8!!-2 / 1d6!!-2 | 1d8!!-2 / 1d6!!-2: [7]-2+[2]-2+[3]-2+[13!!]-2 = 17 = 5 (miss), 11 (hit with raise). Benny fighting roll 1 1d8!!-2 / 1d6!!-2: [6]-2+[10!!]-2 = 12 = 8, hit
at each of them.

His psi-sword glows white hot as it
Damage (Champion, Weakness) 1 2d6!!+2d10!!+6 AP 16: [9!!, 7!!]+[7, 1]+6 = 30 Damage 2 (Champion, Weakness, Raise) 3d6!!+2d10!!+6: [5, 2, 8!!]+[2, 5]+6 = 28
(30 AP 16, 28 AP 16).

Hearing more hooved feet approaching he looks up, his face light flint, sword raised to take on all comers. Hedge has gone and Sir Victor Agathon, a man once lost, has entered the fray!

Status: Deflection (-2 to be hit), Counterattack.

Hindrances: Driven (Major): Wants to redeem himself for his previous failure. Death Wish.
Victor "Hedge" Agathon (Cyber Knight)
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Dazzle
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:50 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Dazzle »

Spirit vs Intimidation 7
Spirit 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Spirit vs Fear 5
Spirit 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Shooting K20 4
+1 boom gun
Shooting 1d4!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Wild 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Damage 28 AP 25
5d10!!+5: [4, 5, 2, 7, 5]+5 = 28
Sonic Boom
P19 needs to make a Vigor roll at –2. On a failure, the victim is Shaken and Hard of Hearing (Major) for 3d6 minutes—may not cause a Wound. On a Critical Failure the victim is Stunned instead of Shaken.
Recover from lowered Vigor 5; recovers
Spirit 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Recover from lowered Shooting 7; Recovers 1 die type
Spirit 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 2

Dazzle felt a weakness in her body, and her vision waver a bit, her hands unsteady on her firing controls. One of the deevils rushed up, yelling something she didn’t understand. Dazzle just flipped him off. She had no fear of the creatures. Having taken several of their shots, they didn’t seem able to penetrate her armor.

Others weren’t so lucky, however, and Dazzle noted that Vincent got hit hard,. though he managed to remain standing.

"You ok in there Dazzle? Need some assistance?" Billy asked.

“They hit me with some magic whammy jammy, but I’m okay,” Dazzle said. “They can’t get through the armor. Just keep yourselves safe. If they’re trying to get me, they aren’t trying to get you.”

That said, Dazzle aimed her boom gun again, this time at the deevil on the roof of the house she had just blown a hole through (K20). Nothing behind it she needed to worry about, though her hands on the controls still shook a bit, though she watched with satisfaction as she hit her target.

Dazzle took a moment to take a deep breath and felt a lot better, her hands more steady.

***

Dug in: Can’t move, can only shoot 180 degrees, attack rolls at +2 against her
Lowered Shooting d6 (Spirit to shake off)
Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Black market light body armor x2
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pace: 14; Run d8 (60 mph); Swim 6/6; Run d6; Parry: 6 (GG 7); Toughness: 40 (25 MDC)/11 (5)
Bennies: 4/3
Conviction: Y
Credits: d6 (19,000)
Boom Gun: 98/100; 2 reloads (100 each)
Ghost Blades: 1/24 hours
Pistol: 24/24; 2 reloads (24 each)
Rifle: 20/20
Encumbrance: 53/40 (33/40 without pack)
First aid kit: 3/3
Laser Resistant (Armor): Half damage and AP from lasers
Quick: Redraw initiative 5 and under.
Fame: Make double pay with Performance
Hindrances: Impulsive, Driven, Loyal
User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by White Castle »

Castle was not out of range, though his best efforts to be less of target, had done just that. It wasn't that he was a coward, just that combat and fighting were not his thing. Now if these Deevils had been inside a building, Castle would have been using walls and ceilings and corners and floors to work the Deevils ragged. Outside, in the open, Castle was out of his element.

Fractured Psyche
Damage 36
Armor/Toughness 11
Remaining Damage 25
Number of Wounds (Remaining Damage 25/4) 6 (Wound Cap 4)

Vigor to Soak (d6)
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

1 of 6 Bennies
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

2 of 6 Bennies
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5

3 of 6 Bennies
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [8!!] = 8 Wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10

Castle Soaks 2 wounds and takes 2 Wounds (-2 on future rolls)
Follies of a Misspent Youth
4 of 6 Bennies
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Wild 1d6!!: [3] = 3

5 of 6 Bennies
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [2] = 2 Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4

6 of 6 Bennies
Soak Vigor 1d6!!: [1] = 1 Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
The White Castle crashes and burns. His hovercycle twisted around his body, like a mechanical cacoon.
Clutching the controls of the hovercycle, Castle sucks ina labored breath and feels his body writhe under the pain. Over the public speaker, he unconsciously blurts out, "You know that hurt, right?"

Castle Only Fears the Reaper
2 Wounds -2
Fear Check Spirit 1d6

Fear Spirit 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3 Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2

Fear 1d20: [9] = 9

Castle is also VULNERABLE.
Reaching over his right, Castle pulls out his NG-P7 ParticleBeam Rifle. Sigting in on the Deevil on the roof east of him, he fires of a shot.

I Got Winged and It Fouled My Shot
Wound -2
Shooting 1d6

Shooting 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2 Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
User avatar
Sis
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Sis »

Sis slides down the back of the Mountaineer, feet slamming into the ground and kicking up dust. Yes, she could do more damage from inside the ATV firing that massive gun on top, but that was not what the group needed now. They could do plenty of damage, if they could survive long enough to do so.

So instead, Sis couches low and makes toward Dazzle. She attempts nullify the demonic energies interfering with Dazzle's mental state, but the boom from Dazzles gun shakes a storm of leaves from the nearby tree, distorting Sis's vision. Without site on a target, the null energies she was about to unleash implode within Sis.

Staggered only for a moment by the turn of events, Sis raises her Revolver toward the Deevil by the house (Y16 - not that it matters...). She laces her weapon will Null energy and a purple blast bursts from the barrel of the gun. Distracted by the recently backlash of energy, the shot goes wide. Sis hopes it is enough to draw the attention to her.

Even as she tries to draw some heat from Dazzle, Sis watches the Deevils in combat with others. If any prepare to unleash another blast of magic firepower at anyone other than herself or Dazzle, Sis attempts to dispel it.

Note: All spells attacks against Sis are at -8 and do -8 damage

Dispel - on Dazzle - Crit Fail
1d10!! 1d6!!: [1]+[1] = 2 = Crit Fail

Sis takes a point of fatigue
Dispel for first bolt fired - 6
1d10!! 1d6!!: [7]+[2] = 9
Dispel for second bolt fired - 8
1d10!! 1d6!!: [9]+[4] = 13
Dispel for third bolt fired - 4
1d10!! 1d6!!: [2]+[5] = 7
Dispel for 4th bolt fired - 3
1d10!! 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6
Smite 18 - +4 damge +1 AP
1d8!! 1d6!!: [18!!]+[11!!] = 29 = 18 RAISE
Shooting - 3 - miss despite 2 bennies
1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[1]-2 = 1 4-3 = 1
Bennie
1d8!! 1d6!!: [6]+[1] = 7 6-3 = 3
Bennie Again
1d8!!-3 1d6!!-3: [6]-3+[3]-3 = 3
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
Bennies: 2/3
+1 to not make DM do a bunch of work
-1 to shoot a Deevil
-1 for crappy taunt roll

Conviction: Yes

ISP: 6/20
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 1/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 15 (6)

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
Attractive: +1 to Performance and Persuasion
Brave: +2 to Fear checks
Strong Willed: +2 to resist Tests
Command: +1 to alles to unshake

Notable Hindrances:
Bad Rep: (Racial) Uncooperative reaction of known to be altara
Blind (Racial): Can’t read or see purely visual info
Instilled Ignorance (Racial): No core Common Knowledge, plus -2 to CK rolls
Storm Fouled Senses (Racial): Inclement weather (Sand Storms, Fires with lots of smoke) -2 to notice, fighting, shooting, etc

Update Signature
User avatar
Squidge
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:16 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Squidge »

In her time working for Psyscape, Squidge had seen a few things. These guys were bad, but not the worst, and she grit her teeth and stood her ground. Even so, being face to face with one wasn't great! She really didn't want to be on the business end of those horns or fists! But as tempting as it would be just to grab him and throw him away, there were better options available.

Squidge locked eyes with the beast, and steadied herself as its thoughts rushed into her mind. A torrent of spite and rage and unspeakable lusts; for blood, for violence and pain, and worse things still. The key was its fathomless selfishness though. That, she could work with.

Like bending iron bars, she twisted its mind. Victory is close at hand, she poured into the creature, but the others will take what I want! What is mine! They have been weakened! If I act NOW, I can have ALL OF THE SPOILS!

The deeveel hesitated, and its bloodshot demonic eyes widened. It looked to the south, where a pair of its fellows were ganging up on a single human. Yes...perhaps this WAS the right moment...

Rolls: Fear 10, Puppet 11, 3 ISP spent
Fear 1d8!!: [4] = 4 Wild 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
Psionics (Puppet) deeveel that's adjacent to Squidge 1d10!!: [9] = 9 +2 from Mentalist
Puppet reroll 1d10!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1d6!!: [2] = 2

So, deveel rolls Spirit to oppose Puppet attempt; he has to beat an 11. If he fails, off to attack his rivals to the south!
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The 32nd withstands the Deevils’ assault and returns in kind. Vincent, Billy, and Dazzle let loose with a barrage of firepower that leaves more than half a dozen assailants shaken, stunned, or dead on the battlefield (including one unlucky target who was disintegrated by a boom gun). Hedge, in a reflection of his former glory, charges headlong into the fray, psi-sword flashing through their devilish foes.

It is all White Castle can do to survive, but survive he does, even returning fire.

Sis abandons the relative safety of the Mountaineer to bring her incredible psionic powers to bear, and immediately feels the strain of trying to affect so many powers at once (one level of Fatigue for the crit fail). Even so, she manages to force two of the incoming bolts of devilish fire to dissipate before connecting, potentially keeping some of her teammates on their feet.

And Squidge, sensing an opportunity, shatters the mind of the Deevil nearest her and takes it over, ordering it to attack its comrades. After a momentary shudder of resistance, the beast turns to face its fellows, murder clearly on its mind.

And now, the bad guys

The Deevil caught up in Squidge’s blast of psychic power a round ago (L1) remains as he is, stunned and on his knees.

One of the creatures who had been Shaken by Vincent (J5) comes back to itself, lets out a roar, and charges the monster hunter (moves to O11, fleet footed lets it get there with no running roll). It tries to gore Vincent with its horns, but the strike glances off, doing no damage.

The other shaken Deevil shakes it off, moves a couple of yards to the south and, seeing that his companion has had no luck against Vincent’s armor, lets loose with a devastating mote of fire. It connects solidly in Vincent’s breastplate and explodes with magical heat and fiendish rage. (Vincent takes 27 MD fire damage! Bolt with extra damage and MD modifiers, hit with a raise).

Seeing the companions it was ordered to kill fall to the cyber-knight’s blade, the Deevil under Squidge’s mind control simply leaps to the roof of the nearest building and claws the Deevil up there. It strikes a truly vicious blow, ripping out its fellow’s throat and sending the unlucky creature tumbling to the ground, dead.

The Deevil closest to Dazzle was blown down on its back by the sonic boom of her boom gun, and, dazed, it comes to its feet. It yells something incoherently and sends another bolt of fire at the Glitter Girl, which bounces harmlessly off. It doesn’t seem to have the good sense to get some distance (P19 is no longer Stunned, but is both Distracted and Vulnerable).

The remaining Deevil on a rooftop (W20) continues to appear dazed (OOC: failed to unshake) and stays where it is.

The remaining four Deevils all unleash their magics on Dazzle again.

Two of them send fire bolts her way, and both glance harmlessly off her armor.

One hits her with the evil eye again, this time targeting her Spirit (success without a raise, Spirit is lowered one die type).

The other clearly tries to do the same, but the spell seems to fizzle in the highly charged air and doesn’t quite hit the mark.

Wait, Who’s Music is That?

”Enough!” a voice booms from the north of the battlefield, as a massive creature of coal blackness coalesces into being. Its eyes glow with malice, and a long cloak obscures most of its body.

”You people can’t take a hint. Now, everyone in this pitiful habitat will have to die for your impertinence.”

Everyone make another Fear check, this time at -2. This isn’t a supernatural effect; it’s just freaking terrifying to look at this thing.

An occult roll at -2 will tell you the basics about this bad guy, with more information being available on a raise.

Initiative

Hedge: 10D, and take a Benny for good RP of Hindrances last round
Sis: AS
Dazzle: 10H
Castle: KH
Billy: 9C
Squidge: 3H
Vincent: 6H
Deevils: AH
New Arrival: QC

Vincent may go before the bad guys, and then the bad guys will go as a group with everyone else following.

The map on Roll20 is up to date: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/detail ... rk-harvest

Anyone who would like to spend a Benny for a new card, please let me know. We’ve gone a while here without a Joker...
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Dazzle
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:50 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Dazzle »

Fear check 3; blew all my bennies fishing for a raise. I assume we add +2 to our fear table roll
-2 difficulty
Spirit 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
Last Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d6!!-2: [5]-2 = 3
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Knowledge on new arrival 7!
-2 difficulty
Occult 1d4!!-4: [5!!]-4 = 1
Wild 1d4!!-4: [11!!]-4 = 7
Fear table 21: Major Phobia. That was so close to a heart attack...
+2
1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21
Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 2

Dazzle felt the magic dig into her mind and winced, her head pounding as her spirit sapped away. She took a breath as other magic ineffectively pounded against her armor.

But then came THE VOICE! Dazzle felt the fear of it slither into her weakened mind and she screamed in horror.

***

Dug in: Can’t move, can only shoot 180 degrees, attack rolls at +2 against her
Lowered Shooting d6 (Spirit to shake off)
Lowered Spirit d6 (Spirit to shake off)
Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Black market light body armor x2
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pace: 14; Run d8 (60 mph); Swim 6/6; Run d6; Parry: 6 (GG 7); Toughness: 40 (25 MDC)/11 (5)
Bennies: 0/3
Conviction: Y
Credits: d6 (19,000)
Boom Gun: 98/100; 2 reloads (100 each)
Ghost Blades: 1/24 hours
Pistol: 24/24; 2 reloads (24 each)
Rifle: 20/20
Encumbrance: 53/40 (33/40 without pack)
First aid kit: 3/3
Laser Resistant (Armor): Half damage and AP from lasers
Quick: Redraw initiative 5 and under.
Fame: Make double pay with Performance
Hindrances: Impulsive, Driven, Loyal
User avatar
Hedge
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Hedge »

Fear 4, success
Fear Spirit 1d10!!-2 / 1d6!!-2: [6]-2+[3]-2 = 5
Hedges look toward the voice as something new enters the fray. Feeling the mantle of his order upon him, he shrugs off any fear or doubt and steels himself for what is sure to be a difficult battle. With the lives of every person in town at stake he is ready to go to his ultimate end before anyone else comes to harm.
Occult 3
Occult 1d6!! / 1d6!!: [1]+[3] = 4
"No more shall die!" Hedge mutters at the newcomer.

Whatever the beast is, Hedge has not seen its kind before but he knows the type. Evil and best destroyed.
Psionics (Boost Trait Spirit, Innate, Major Psi to add +2) 1d8!!+2 / 1d6!!+2: [6]+2+[4]+2 = 14 = Raise, Spirit is 1d12+1
he puts his eyes on the target and charges with righteous fury. With no words or banter he brings his
Fighting 1d8!! / 1d6!!: [6]+[10!!] = 16 = 10, raise?
striking home with
Damage (Boosted Spirit, Champion) 2d6!! 2d12!!+4: [5, 4]+[3, 9]+4 = 25 Damage benny 2d6!! 2d12!!+4: [1, 3]+[18!!, 15!!]+4 = 41 Raise (if applicable) 1d6!!: [4] = 4
(41, AP 16 | 45 AP 16 if a Raise. +Any additional damage if Weakness: Holy).

Notes: Deflection, -2 to be hit
Victor "Hedge" Agathon (Cyber Knight)
Bennies 3/3
User avatar
Sis
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Sis »

Fear Check crit fail
Mods: -2 scene, +2 Brave
1d10!! 1d6!!: [1]+[1] = 2

Fear Table Roll (+2 for Crit fail, -2 for Brave, +2 for creature)
1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
Something about the creature and its voice brings back vivid memories of Sis's early 'conditioning' at the hands of the Splurgoth. Her version tunnels, and the next she knows she is stopping short of running head first into one of the deevils.

Spirit to unshake
1d10!! 1d6!!: [7]+[2] = 9
Sis pulls up short, snarling beast nearly in her face...
1d8!! 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6 = (+2 vulnerable, -2 MAP) = 4 success!


Bennie (ignore, I forgot about Vulnerable) 1d8!! 1d6!!: [6]+[7!!] = 13

Damage: 3d6!!: [4, 8!!, 1] = 13


Amazing how much better shooting something can make you feel...

Sis turns, not even bothering to assess what remains of the Deevil at her back and starts trudging back toward whatever that was that just appeared.

"I'll admit, you're a particular brand of ugly..." She shouts at the swirling shadows, trying to calm the adrenaline still running through her veins, "But if ugly won fights, the Splurgoth would rule this this entire planet. But it doesnt win fights. WE DO!"

Sis throws her arms wide, daring the newcomer to come at her.
Taunt 9!

1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [6]-2+[3]-2 = 5
Bennie
1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[3]-2 = 2
Another bennie
1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [2]-2+[11!!]-2 = 9
Sis shoots the deevil at P19 with a 4 doing 13 damage and taunts (going for vulnerable) the big bad for a grand total of 9. if this is a raise, he is at -2 to target anyone other than SIs (Provoke edge). She will try to dispel anything the big bad casts and the first 2 bolts from the deevils aimed at anyone other than Sis or Dazzle. Dispel's below can be used in order of occurrence during GM's rolling
Dispels
Dispel 1
1d10!! 1d6!!: [4]+[1] = 5
Dispel 2
1d10!! 1d6!!: [4]+[4] = 8
Dispel 3
1d10!! 1d6!!: [5]+[1] = 6
Dispel 4
1d10!! 1d6!!: [3]+[3] = 6
Dispel 5 (probably not needed unless the big bad goes crazy on spells
1d10!! 1d6!!: [6]+[5] = 11
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
Bennies: 2/3
+1 to not make DM do a bunch of work
-1 to shoot a Deevil
-1 for crappy taunt roll

Conviction: Yes

ISP: 6/20
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 1/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 15 (6)

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
Attractive: +1 to Performance and Persuasion
Brave: +2 to Fear checks
Strong Willed: +2 to resist Tests
Command: +1 to alles to unshake

Notable Hindrances:
Bad Rep: (Racial) Uncooperative reaction of known to be altara
Blind (Racial): Can’t read or see purely visual info
Instilled Ignorance (Racial): No core Common Knowledge, plus -2 to CK rolls
Storm Fouled Senses (Racial): Inclement weather (Sand Storms, Fires with lots of smoke) -2 to notice, fighting, shooting, etc

Update Signature
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

@Dazzle, in the midst of a mind-altering panic, retains enough of her wits to recognize the creature in front of the team for what it is: a Fiend. A general of Hell. A creature whose life force is tied to suffering, and who feasts on the fear and panic of its victims. She is afraid to her bones, and she knows with an absolute surety that she is right to be so afraid. A Fiend is

Nearby, the Deevil @Sis shoots shrugs off her shot, even vulnerable as he is. The Fiend, however,
He crit failed his Smarts roll to resist
by Sis's onslaught of words and finds herself
Shaken, Vulnerable, and at -2 to attack anyone other than Sis, though she spends one of her Wild Card Bennies immediately to unshake
and enraged.

You dare! the Fiend yells, clearly making it a statement and not a question. With great strides, she storms towards the comparatively diminutive warrior woman as two long black blades appear from within her cloak. "I will carve your impudence from your flesh, little mortal!" she screams, clearly unhinged.

She slashes twice with one massive blade
the first was a 11 to hit and the second was a 19. These things do not mess around; you basically just taunted the infernal equivalent of a magical Gunwolf Robot.
and deals her
The first hit does 36 MD AP 10 and the second does 19 MD AP 10
. The Fiend follows up with the second blade,
The first was a 10 to hit and the second was a 7. So one raise and one normal hit.
Again, the creature does
the first does 35 MD AP 10 and the second does 14 MD AP 10
to the young Altaran.

Throwing its head back, the Fiend cackles at what it has done and turns to glare at the rest of the team. "Kill them all", it commands the Deevils. "Burn this collection of hovels from the earth and leave this place a smoking crater."

Note: the Fiend is Vulnerable thanks to Sis' taunting, so rolls against her are made at +2.

The Deevil at LI shakes off his stupor (is no longer Stunned, but is now Distracted and Vulnerable) and rushes to obey his General's command. With a flick of his wrist, he sends a small gout of flame towards the nearest building,
Elemental manipulation, so he's just starting the fire going; Sis's first dispel, if she is still conscious, is used against this one's attempt, and fails.
.

The Deevil at V18 also
Elemental manipulation again, and this one beats Sis' second attempted dispel, if she is conscious.
, which catches and just begins to burn a little.

Likewise, V22 attempts to burn the nearest building, but its spell fizzles on its fingers.

V20 comes to its senses (unshakes) and jumps down, but is is similarly unable to make its spell work properly.

T22 has more luck, and sends another bit of fire towards the nearest building, overcoming Sis' third dispel attempt (assuming she is conscious).

V24's fire is blown away by a bit of errant wind before it can catch, and the beast looks angry about it.

P23's spell similarly fails (these guys only have a d8 and no wild die).

The Deevil at W5 ignores her master's call, as she remains under Squidge's influence.

Meanwhile, P19 continues to look Stunned and Vulnerable as it covers its ears with its hands and blood runs freely from its nose. It's never a good idea to stand too close to a boom gun.

After all that, if @Sis manages to soak her Wounds, she will need to spend ISP for three dispel attempts.

It is now the rest of the party's turn in any order. What will you do, heroes?

@Hedge The bad guys went before you; given the new information you have, you may either keep the post you made (in which case I will roll to Soak for the BBEG) or you may choose to take a different action. Up to you.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The Fiend is rocked by @Hedge’s ferocious attack, and the Cyber-Knight spills infernal blood all over the valley floor. Where the creature’s blood lands, the grass immediately begins to wither and turn brown.

The creature looks like it took a deep wound and no longer stands quite so tall, but it is still clearly in the fight.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by White Castle »

The first and second innings went fine. Then there was a call and a pitching change.

Castle was not feeling exceptionaly well sitting atop his hovercycle. The new addition to the battle field was not happy.
Fear Check
Fear -2
Spirit d6
Spirit 1d6-2: [2]-2 = 0
Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0

Fear Result 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 SHAKEN
Recover from Shaken
Spirit 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Just as quickly as the demon's disturbance settles on him, Castle shakes it off and assess his surroundings.

Better to know thy enemy he thinks and takes the time to

Scene Mod -2
Edge Mod +2
Occult d10
Occult 1d10!!: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
.

Figuring that his sensors and the laptop will give him a decent specs readout on the new arrival, Castle rides his hovercycle to the nearest rooftop with flames [N4].

Dismounting the hovercycle he walks carefully down the slope of the roof to where the fire is taking hold of the timber. Slapping the his left cycbernetic leg, a compartment ejects with a long tube in it. [Nope, not that one. A flare would only be more fire]. Closing the the left calf compatment, he slaps the right calf compartment and extracts a canister, something the size of an aerosol spray paint can. [Found this in an old NEMA bunker. Never used it before. Here goes nothing but a house on fire.]

Twisting the bottom part of the canister, Castle is satisified to hear propellant forcing its way into the upper chamber. [The label said count to three and spray at the flames.] Quickly detaching a sturdy plastic hose, Castle points the hose, prays, and sprays.

Extinguish Fire N4
Utlimate Walking Tool Kit +1 Repair
Repair (Untrained) 1d4-2
Legacy Scout +2 (Artifact Preservation)
Repair 1d4!!: [2] = 2
Wild 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Last edited by White Castle on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

@White Castle remembers essentially the same information as Dazzle. Fiends are big, scary devils that command other infernals in the field.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Squidge
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:16 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Squidge »

Seeing the Fiend revealed, in all her fury, sends a wave of fight or flight through Squidge. She directs the Deevil she's co-opted to the south, to test itself against its fellows...but she can't spare much thought for that one now. She has much bigger fish to fry. Their one chance is the sheer rage that Sis has managed to invoke, even at a terrible cost. An emotion like that, so overriding in its urgency, is something Squidge knows very well how to turn to her own ends.

She concentrates and enters the Fiend's mind...and is immediately swept away in a crimson cataract of blood and fire! It's like being lofted into the air in a tornado, an elemental blizzard that can't be quenched! But she's not here to stop it...only to redirect it.

The eyes of the fiend rake over its minions, these miserable deevils. Had she not given them a command?! The town still stood, these feeble mortals still lived!! What was that pathetic fireball they'd tried to launch?! This place should be ASHES BY NOW! They needed to LEARN! They needed to be TAUGHT! THIS WAS A BETRAYAL!!

Thus, surfing astride an eternity of hatred, Squidge tried to bend that river back onto the fiend's own troops...hoping to give her friends the time they needed to regroup and get back in the fight!

Rolls: Puppet Fiend: Psi roll 16, 6 ISP spent
Sending my pet deevil south to go establish dominance over the other deevils. Then Puppet, with Mind Control megamod on the Fiend. It is vulnerable, so I get +2, and this is a contested roll so Mentalist gives me another +2

Psionics 1d10!! +2: [7] = 7 Mind Melter Reroll 1d10!! +2: [12!!] = 12 Wild 1d6!! +2: [1] = 1

Hm, +4 not +2, but thatmakes that 12 result a 16. Sounds good. :)
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The Fiend, its movements now happening in time with @Squidge’s mental commands, growls, ”I said burn it all! What is possibly taking so long!”

It shifts its weight to the south and towards the bulk of its troops, looking all the world like it’s ready to cut its own people down.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Dazzle
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:50 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Dazzle »

Shooting 3
+1 Boom Gun
Shooting 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Wild 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
Shake off Lower Spirit 15; Back to full!
Spirit 1d6!!: [15!!] = 15
Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Shake off Lower Shooting 4; back to normal
Spirit 1d8!!: [7] = 7
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 3

Dazzle took a deep, steadying breath. The fear still pulsed inside of her, and her eyes darted to every shadow. She turned up the lighting system on her suit to banish the darkness.

Dazzle cursed herself. She was locked in and turned the wrong way to help Sis! But it looked like Hedge was taking care of the fiend. Dazzle needed to save the homes from burning. She loaded another round into the chamber of her boom gun and aimed it at the corner of the house to the southwest. It was the only deevil there, and it hadn’t set the building on fire, so maybe she could stop it.

The poor deevil standing ten feet away from her was rocked by another sonic boom as the cannon went off. Unfortunately, Dazzle was still shaking from the fear of the fiend, and her shot went wide, flying out into the darkness.

***

Dug in: Can’t move, can only shoot 180 degrees, attack rolls at +2 against her
Phobia (Major): Darkness. -2 to all Trait rolls in the presence of darkness
Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Black market light body armor x2
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pace: 14; Run d8 (60 mph); Swim 6/6; Run d6; Parry: 6 (GG 7); Toughness: 40 (25 MDC)/11 (5)
Bennies: 0/3 - RESET AFTER FIGHT
Conviction: Y
Credits: d6 (19,000)
Boom Gun: 98/100; 2 reloads (100 each)
Ghost Blades: 1/24 hours
Pistol: 24/24; 2 reloads (24 each)
Rifle: 20/20
Encumbrance: 53/40 (33/40 without pack)
First aid kit: 3/3
Laser Resistant (Armor): Half damage and AP from lasers
Quick: Redraw initiative 5 and under.
Fame: Make double pay with Performance
Hindrances: Impulsive, Driven, Loyal
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The Deevil nearest Dazzle falls on its back with a blank stare up at the sky, clearly dazed.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Vincent »

OOC Comments
Soak 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Soak Wild Die 1d6!!: [3] = 3

Gritty Damage 2d6: [6, 1] = 7
Guts 1d6: [6] = 6

Strength reduced a Die Type, but Exo-Skeleton
The blast of flame hits Vincent dead center. Smoke pours off of his body and the faint yet tantalizing scent of burning flesh wafts toward those not wearing EBA. He screams in pain, but composes himself somehow.
User avatar
Billy
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Billy »

Dazzle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 am “They hit me with some magic whammy jammy, but I’m okay,” Dazzle said. “They can’t get through the armor. Just keep yourselves safe. If they’re trying to get me, they aren’t trying to get you.”
"Fine, you do you. Holler if you change your mind." And with that Billy turns his attention back to the north. He watches with approval as several more of the goat things go down and selects his targets. With the suddenness of a lightning strike a new, and much bigger, threat shows up. Billy looks it over as it bellows some nonsense. The bigger they are the tougher they think they are. Same story, different world.

Knowing it is better to take out the trash prior to cleaning house Billy shoots one of the goats and steps over to chop a second one. With two solid hits the only target he sees left is the big thing and it is not moving like it started. "Has someone done something to that big one? Should I shoot it or not?"

Fear: Success with raise.
Scene: -2
Brave: +2
1d10!: [10!, 8] = 18
1d6!: [3] = 3

K10
Shooting: Multiaction -2, Trademark Weapon +1, Sharpshooting +1
Shooting: 1d8!: [7] = 7
Wild: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Damage: Weapon 2d6+1, Smite 1d6+2, AP 1
3d6!+3: [3, 6!, 1, 6!, 3]+3 = 22

O11
Fighting: Multiaction -2, Trademark Weapon +1
1d8!-1: [3]-1 = 2
1d6!-1: [6!, 5]-1 = 10
Damage: Weapon Str(1d8)+1d12, Raise 1d6, AP 16, Fire (if it makes a difference)
1d8!+1d12!+1d6!: [8!, 6]+[6]+[4] = 24
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(5)
Size: +1
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The two Deevils hit by @Billy crumple to the ground and do not get up.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Sis
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Sis »

The fiend's wrath is swift and terrible. It closes the gap faster than Sis could have thought possible. Each slash of the blade opens a gaping wound on Sis's torso, and the final blow sends her hurtling into a the tree. The trunk makes an audible CRACK! when she slams into it and Sis feels something rend inside her. Unable to stand and barely able to move, she reviews her actions in the last 30 seconds in a surreal, disconnected way.

Maybe insulting the behemoth of a shadow monster wasn't my best decision...

Sis rolled in discord, and is bleeding out and battered (-1 vigor die type).
Sis - Nega Psychic
Details
Bennies: 2/3
+1 to not make DM do a bunch of work
-1 to shoot a Deevil
-1 for crappy taunt roll

Conviction: Yes

ISP: 6/20
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 1/3
Parry: 5
Pace: 6
Toughness: 15 (6)

Active Powers:

Active Effects:

Notable Edges:
Alertness: +2 to Notice rolls
Attractive: +1 to Performance and Persuasion
Brave: +2 to Fear checks
Strong Willed: +2 to resist Tests
Command: +1 to alles to unshake

Notable Hindrances:
Bad Rep: (Racial) Uncooperative reaction of known to be altara
Blind (Racial): Can’t read or see purely visual info
Instilled Ignorance (Racial): No core Common Knowledge, plus -2 to CK rolls
Storm Fouled Senses (Racial): Inclement weather (Sand Storms, Fires with lots of smoke) -2 to notice, fighting, shooting, etc

Update Signature
User avatar
Goswin Aigner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Goswin Aigner »

Resisting Effects
Resisting Lowered Vigor: 8
Spirit 1 1d10!: [8] = 8
Wild 1: 1d6!: [5] = 5

Fear
@Pursuit (Did my little buddy hide me before I made the first fear check)?

Fear -2: 5
Spirit 2: 1d10-2: [7]-2 = 5
Wild 2: 1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4 Ace 1: 1d6!+4: [1]+4 = 5
The earth elemental's protection allows Goswin the brief respite necessary to gather the herculean amount of elemental energy he will need to expend in the aid of his allies. Goswin uses a large portion of that energy to imbue himself with the power of lightning. Channeling it inward, his form begins to
Focus - Action 1: 8
Celerity
Speed (2 PP) + Exalted Quickness (4 PP) + Greater Speed (2 PP) + Extra Effort (1 PP) = -9 PP
Focus 1: 1d12!!: [6] = 6 -4 = 2
Wild 3: 1d6!!-4: [4]-4 = 0

Fusion Synergy Reroll: 1d12!!-4: [5]-4 = 1
Fusion Wild: 1d6!!-4: [11!!]-4 = 7 +1=8


Goswin pats the elemental on the shoulder, "Thank you for your protection, little brother. I am ready. Release me so I can help my friends. If you can do it safely, help the people of this village escape the fires. Put the fires out if you can."

As the elemental frees Goswin, he expends the remaining energy.
Focus - Innate Action: 12
Element Control
Elemental Manipulation (1 PP) + Elemental Fury (2 PP) + Exalted Manipulation (2 PP) + One with the Elements (1 PP) + Selective (1 PP) + Range (2 PP) = -9 PP
Focus 2: 1d12!!: [5] = 5
Wild 4: 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Benny 1: 1d12!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Benny W1: 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
whip furiously around him, sending debris spinning violently around the battlefield. In the blink of an eye he shifts from the mountaineer (R6) and appears in front of the large house nearby (9V) with a flash of lightning.

Goswin turns to face the enormous, grotesque creature towering over the battlefield. A normal person would likely be frightened by it, but for a young man raised deep in the magic zone, its just one more horror amongst many. He raises a hand towards the creature and spins it around and around in a circular motion. As he does, the whipping winds also begin to circle around the monstrosity.
Focus - Free Action: 13
Testing the Big Bad
Focus 3: 1d12!!+2: [11]+2 = 13
Wild 5: 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Target is Distracted if it fails a contested Focus vs Spirit check (at -2 from Element Control).
!

Wasting little time, Goswin levels his staff at the creature, and
Shooting - Action 2: 20 (Traded out the +1 to instead ignore the -2 Snapfire penalty)
Shooting 1: 1d10!!+3 (+1 Mask, +2 Vulnerable): [18!!]+3 = 21
Wild 6: 1d6!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Damage 1: 4d8!!+1, AP 10 (Atomic Annihilation): [4, 4, 5, 1]+1 = 15
If Raise 1: 2d4!!+15: [5!!, 3]+15 = 23
Atomic Annihilation

Shooting - Action 3: 6 (Traded out the +1 to instead ignore the -2 Snapfire penalty)
Shooting 2: 1d10!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Wild 7: 1d6!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
Damage 2: 4d8!!+1, AP 10 (Atomic Annihilation): [13!!, 6, 5, 4]+1 = 29
Atomic Annihilation
towards it while it's distracted. He looks for a chance to break away from the giant, so he can attempt to put out the fire at the next house over.

Celerity (Speed): Goswin has doubled pace and running, and he ignores the −2 running penalty. He can also take three actions/round with no MAP. Goswin's Run die is not rolled, instead he gains the maximum die result possible (12).
Goswin is also Nimble. (5/5 Rounds)

Element Control (Elemental Manipulation): Goswin gains basic control over Earth, Air and Lightning. The power acts as if it has a d8 Strength.
All enemies within Range (18") are harassed by wind for the power’s Duration, suffering a −2 penalty on all Trait rolls.
Wind lashes out at the caster’s opponents. Once per round the caster may use a free action to Test a target within Range (18") using his arcane skill. (5/5 Minutes)
Goswin Aigner, Elemental Fusionist
Goswin, Elemental Fusionist
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • All Thumbs: –2 to use mechanical or electrical devices.
  • Elan: +2 when spending a Benny to reroll a Trait roll.
  • Elemental Brotherhood: See/converse with all elemental entities (including spirits of dark/light). Such beings see Goswin as a brother and will offer/request aid if needed.
  • Fusion Synergy: Powers activated using the fusion Trapping gain a free reroll on all related Trait checks. They also gain a +2 Toughness bonus to barrier, entangle, and protection.
  • Life Sign Harmony: Environmental protection makes him immune to all negative effects or damage from his life sign, and elemental manipulation Trait checks are made at +4 when using his life sign's Trappings.
  • Marksman: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed; or add +1 to first Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll. Character may not move or fire greater than RoF 1.
  • Primordial Bond: While in nature, Fusionists have Danger Sense.
    • Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests.
  • Variable Trappings: When activating powers, may choose between Air, Earth and Lightning Fusion trappings.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 2/20; PP: 20/20
Bennies: 0/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
Squidge
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:16 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Squidge »

"Has someone done something to that big one? Should I shoot it or not?"


"I've got it," answers Squidge, grimacing a little as she kept the creature focused on its task. "It'll be cleaning up the rest of these things...but we'll have to deal with it eventually, my hold'll only last so long."
User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by White Castle »

Castle is shouting to those inside the homes that can hear him, "Blankets. Buckets of Water. Shovels full of dirt."
"Quickly now we need to keep your homes from burning."

When and if any of them respond, Castle gives a second command to keep their focus on Castle and not the raging monster.
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The Fiend is rocked by Goswin’s tornado, finding itself now Distracted and Shaken on top of being Vulnerable. Even so, it manages to shrug off Goswin’s energy attacks, though it is now looking right at Goswin instead of at its underlings to the south.

Action Cards

Hedge: 8H
Goswin: KS
Squidge: 4S
Sis: 10C
Billy: 9H
White Castle: 3C
Dazzle: 7H
Vincent: AC
Fiend: 7D
Deevils: QS

Goswin and Vincent may go before the bad guys. I’ll give you both a couple of days to post, and then the bad guys will go.
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Vincent »

Though he's still smoldering, one second Vincent has his bow in hand, the next it's on his back and his longsword is ready. He hacks twice at the Deevil next to him but his swings are slowed by the fresh burns, glancing off the creatures forearms as it blocks. He then switches back to his bow and fires an arrow from his Spirit Bow into the deevil at K10, hitting it perfectly, bits of demon flying here and there.
OOC Comments

Unshake 1d8!!-2 1d6!!-2: [1]-2+[3]-2 = 0
Spend Benny to Unshake

Fighting Attack 1 1d8!! 1d6!!: [6]+[3] = 9 -2

Fighting Attack 2 1d8!! 1d6!!: [7]+[3] = 10 -2

Shooting 1d8!!+2 1d6!!+2: [12!!]+2+[4]+2 = 20 -2

6d6!!: [5, 3, 1, 3, 8!!, 5] = 25 AP 12
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Pursuit »

The Deevils at V24, V20, V18 and T22 all raise their hands towards the building burning in the southeast portion of the town, and the small fires turn into a blaze. You hear cries from inside and you know for sure there are people trapped in there!

The Deevil closest to Dazzle finally manages to make a save, stands up, and then runs as fast as he can away from her. He is still deaf.

The Deevil at P23 tries and fails to get a fire going on that building. Its face is towards the oncoming Fiend, and is a mask of fear.

The Deevil near the top of the map shakes off his vulnerable state (he is still distracted) and makes his way to the west; he doesn't seem to be running away yet, but he's also not rushing to carry out the Fiend's order to burn the place down.

The Fiend, drawn by @Goswin Aigner's relentless attacks, advances on the young elementalist and begins swinging. Thanks to all the various distractions, it isn't able to connect until it's last two swings, which hit hard and do 26 MD AP 10 and 27 MD AP 10 respectively.

Satisfied that it has made itself understood, the Fiend turns south towards its underlings, as it had been instructed by @Squidge. If Goswin is still upright, he may make a melee attack of opportunity as the Fiend withdraws.

It shakes off its distraction and vulnerability as it goes.

The rest of the group is now up! Remember: @Sis lays bleeding out on the ground at the moment and is making Vigor rolls each round to see if she has to roll on the Death & Defeat table...

Our map on Roll20 is up to date: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/detail ... rk-harvest
32nd SET: The Dark Harvest 32nd GM Bennies 0/8

The Quick and The Dead(lands) Quick and the Dead GM Bennies 4/4
User avatar
Billy
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Billy »

Billy watches in shock as the shadow beast smacks Sis around. When she hits the tree he us unsure if the crack is bones or the tree. Regardless it is clear she is in trouble. Darting to her side he grabs the first aid pack from his back and checks her over. "Yep. You got cracked, maybe broken, ribs and most likely internal bleeding. This is going to hurt." He lifts her shoulders and places her upper back against one of his knees. He places her upper arms on his thigh and pins them in place with his stomach and chest. Taking a rolled bandage out of the pack he starts wrapping her chest now that her arms are out of the way. In just a few seconds the binding is in place relieving some of Sis' pain but make it difficult to take a deep breath, though the pain was also making that hard.

Billy then stands and looks towards the vigorously burning house. Keeping an eye on the giant shadow he crosses behind it trying to get a clear shot on the goat things.

Healing: 1d6!: [4] = 4
Wild: 1d6!: [1] = 1
Full Sheet
Parry: 7
Toughness: 12(5)
Size: +1
User avatar
Dazzle
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:50 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Dazzle »

Village near Psyscape
Night
Round 3

“Oh, dang!” Dazzle gasped, seeing the house go up in flames and hearing the screams from inside. She didn’t have anything to put out the fires with.

Dazzle jerked on the lever to disengage her stabilizers. Then she marched over toward the front of the burning building, standing between two of the demons, up against the house. She reached up and grabbed the thatch of the roof and started to pull it off, tossing it well away from the house where it could burn safely without burning the house down.

***

Phobia (Major): Darkness. -2 to all Trait rolls in the presence of darkness
Current Loadout
Party Loot
TW Longsword
Black market light body armor x2
Vibro-knife x2
Laser pistol x2
Character Tracker
Dazzle Character Sheet
Pace: 14; Run d8 (60 mph); Swim 6/6; Run d6; Parry: 6 (GG 7); Toughness: 40 (25 MDC)/11 (5)
Bennies: 0/3 - RESET AFTER FIGHT
Conviction: Y
Credits: d6 (19,000)
Boom Gun: 98/100; 2 reloads (100 each)
Ghost Blades: 1/24 hours
Pistol: 24/24; 2 reloads (24 each)
Rifle: 20/20
Encumbrance: 53/40 (33/40 without pack)
First aid kit: 3/3
Laser Resistant (Armor): Half damage and AP from lasers
Quick: Redraw initiative 5 and under.
Fame: Make double pay with Performance
Hindrances: Impulsive, Driven, Loyal
User avatar
Goswin Aigner
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Goswin Aigner »

Soak 1: 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Wild 1: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Conviction 1: 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Soak 1.2: 1d6+2!!: [6]+2 = 8
Soak 1.2b (This dice aced, but my incorrect code didn't explode the 6): 1d6!!+8: [2]+8 = 10
Wild 1.2: 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Conviction 1.2: 1d6!!: [10!!] = 10
0 Wounds

Soak 2: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Wild 2: 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Conviction 2: 1d6!!: [2] = 2

Soak 2.2: 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Wild 2.2: 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
Conviction 2: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
0 Wounds

Note: The fifth Benny is to keep Conviction going into next round. I should technically use it at the beginning of next round, but I don't intend to stretch it further than that, so I'll just spend it now if you don't mind.


The fiend's flurry of blows is devastatingly accurate. If Goswin's focus dropped for even a moment or his control of the elements flagged for a second, he would surely have been sliced and diced into deevil chow. Instead his mastery of the earth, air and lightning are true and see him safely through the assault. He flickers around the blows with inhuman speed while using the gale force winds to alter the course of each attack just enough to come through unscathed.

Celerity (Speed): Goswin has doubled pace and running, and he ignores the −2 running penalty. He can also take three actions/round with no MAP. Goswin's Run die is not rolled, instead he gains the maximum die result possible (12).
Goswin is also Nimble. (4/5 Rounds)

Element Control (Elemental Manipulation): Goswin gains basic control over Earth, Air and Lightning. The power acts as if it has a d8 Strength.
All enemies within Range (18") are harassed by wind for the power’s Duration, suffering a −2 penalty on all Trait rolls.
Wind lashes out at the caster’s opponents. Once per round the caster may use a free action to Test a target within Range (18") using his arcane skill. (5/5 Minutes)
Goswin Aigner, Elemental Fusionist
Goswin, Elemental Fusionist
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 15(7)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • All Thumbs: –2 to use mechanical or electrical devices.
  • Elan: +2 when spending a Benny to reroll a Trait roll.
  • Elemental Brotherhood: See/converse with all elemental entities (including spirits of dark/light). Such beings see Goswin as a brother and will offer/request aid if needed.
  • Fusion Synergy: Powers activated using the fusion Trapping gain a free reroll on all related Trait checks. They also gain a +2 Toughness bonus to barrier, entangle, and protection.
  • Life Sign Harmony: Environmental protection makes him immune to all negative effects or damage from his life sign, and elemental manipulation Trait checks are made at +4 when using his life sign's Trappings.
  • Marksman: Ignore up to 2 points of penalties from Range, Cover, Called Shot, Scale, or Speed; or add +1 to first Athletics (throwing) or Shooting roll. Character may not move or fire greater than RoF 1.
  • Primordial Bond: While in nature, Fusionists have Danger Sense.
    • Danger Sense: Notice roll at +2 to sense ambushes or similar events.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests.
  • Variable Trappings: When activating powers, may choose between Air, Earth and Lightning Fusion trappings.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PP: 2/20; PP: 20/20
Bennies: 0/3; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by White Castle »

Castle, not hearing any movement from the burning houses, sets about to dislodge sections of roofing to prevent the spread of the fires on N4.
User avatar
Hedge
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 6: Walk Through the Valley

Post by Hedge »

Pursuit wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:30 pm The Deevils at V24, V20, V18 and T22 all raise their hands towards the building burning in the southeast portion of the town, and the small fires turn into a blaze. You hear cries from inside and you know for sure there are people trapped in there!

Hedge is momentarily stunned as the Fiend escapes his fury and nearly kill Sis. The cyber knight nearly crumples at the loss of another team member, fortunately Billy steps in and tends to her Wounds. Relief is only temporary, however, as screams emerge from a burning building.

"No one dies!" Hedges shouts as a command to the MegaVerse itself as goes into a dead run Sis, he takes a quick knee waves a hand over her and activates his Cyber Knight Armor, then sets his sights toward the burning building.

Run 1d10!!: [1] = 1 (lame)
Psionics 4 (+2 from Major Psi, -2 from Running, unsure of current Wound penalties or if they apply)
Psionics (healing, +4 isp to add +2) 1d8!!/1d6!!: [4]/[4] = 1 (also lame, but I can benny it)
Psionics 1d8!! / 1d6!!: [3]+[4] = 7
One more, and I am out. Psionics 1d8!! / 1d6!!: [2]+[4] = 6
Victor "Hedge" Agathon (Cyber Knight)
Bennies 3/3
Post Reply

Return to “32nd SET Adventure Forum”