Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Capt. Murdok

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok »

The team takes advantage of the Necromancer trying to distract them. The jar holding Firebug bursts open. Johnny rushes over and frees several faries after getting cover for himself. Conrad shoots at the Necromancer and stuns him. Kuikku charges and slices and dices on the necromancer. Firebug is now free from her containment. Firebug takes her revenge on the necromancer. The necromancer is unable to resist the flames and is engulfed in flames. The Murder Wraiths grins and the one who was prisoner looks at all of you. "Now that we are free from our bonds, I will keep my word. Just not today. Keep an eye behind you, I will be there." With that, all of the Murder wraiths, bolt out of the outside door. The town has been liberated. The survivors are celebrating their release. The mayor approaches the team. [

"Thank you for helping us. We are forever in your debt. Please rest for as long you would like, any repairs to your equipment is being started right now and is at no cost to you. With the recent Federation magic actions, we have decided to affiliate ourselves with the Tomorrow Legion, and the members of the 32nd SET will always have free stays in our hotels. You are hero's who deserve more, but we are unable to provide much at the moment."
OOC Comments
The team has finally finished a very long night of rescuing a town that was being held hostage by a necromancer. The town is rebuilding itself and the team as well. The team has changed a few members and now would be a good time to get fully acquainted with each other, as well and restocking any supplies that are needed. An Interlude would be a good post for each member. Keep in mind, you can post as often as you want. The immediate rewards are all battle damage is being repaired for you at no cost to the team, and your food and board is being picked up by the town. I will be sending players individual rewards. Keep an eye on your inboxes.
Conrad

Re: posts for games

Post by Conrad »

The Grackletooth felt good about what they had done here tonight. Most of a town rescued, and the villains vanquished; still it would have been best if they had been able to eliminate all the murder wraiths. This was something they would deal to deal with another time. He hoped that that didn’t come back to bite them in the @ss.

He sorted through the gear left behind by the dead mercs and Murder Wraiths, picking out any choice items that might be useful to the group

As the townspeople informed them that they would ensure that any damage would be repaired, Conrad was glad of that. The amount of damage Cid took would have been unrepairable otherwise.
“Okay, I need to fix Cid up. If you have the parts, I’m not going to complain if you provide them. Certainly saves us a ton of money.”
As they dug out the parts he needed, Conrad started work on the damaged glitter boy. As orders and personnel changes come down from above to revamp the team again, he took the moment to get to know some of the others.
“So Kuikki, you ever been checked out on one of these Chummer?” he patted the barrel of the mini rail gun, as he spoke to the Cyber Knight.
OOC Comments
Berretta hasn’t been on in a while, but Cid still needs repairing.
As I have lost track, who is capable of driving the other ATV?
Norona

Post by Norona »

As darkness departs from the town Norona heaves a sigh of relief. He is wary of the Murder Wraith who walked away, creatures of darkness always search to block out the light. The fight is not over, he thinks with a frown. After lending a hand as much as possible he retires for the night. Awaking to a gift in his room, the wilderness scout gets quite a fright. A unicorn horn? Who would do such a thing? Cutting the horn from a unicorn is considered a travesty of the highest order, curing the person who does it with terrible disfigurement. Donning his Lightforce goggles he scans the horn and quickly realizes it's not stolen from a unicorn but a token of something else. Breathing a sigh of relief he wraps the item carefully and stores it in his pack

Heading to the morning meal with the team Norona smiles widely, "That was the longest night. The dinosaur swamps will be a long time coming if each stop is like this one." Quietly, he pushes any meat on his breakfast plate to one side and focuses on bread and vegetables.
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

While helping with the cleanup and basic repairs Kuikku pieces together the mission and history of the 32nd. Before heading off to sleep he sends in a formal request to be assigned to them as their numbers have fluctuated some after leaving Castle Refuge.

The next morning Kuikku is sitting at breakfast watching the townsfolk help with the repairs to the team's equipment.
Norona wrote:"That was the longest night. The dinosaur swamps will be a long time coming if each stop is like this one."
Kuikku chuckles, ”This is true, and considering I have just been officially assigned to the team I almost hope things go a bit smoother. Not that a good fight is anything to run from, but it can make it hard to get the mission done.”
Conrad wrote:“So Kuikki, you ever been checked out on one of these Chummer?” he patted the barrel of the mini rail gun
Kuikku looks over to the Grackletooth, ”On the rail gun? I have qualified though nothing impressive.” Shaking his head he continues ”If you are talking about the ATV though, if I have to be the driver we may be better off walking.”

Glancing around the area Kuikku pauses as his look crosses with each of the team members. ”Most of my skills are focused on getting in close to the enemy. This should allow others to take advantage of the distraction, or even the grouping, to do further damage. Most common attacks will have no effect on me so if you need to hit me to get a number of others feel free.”

KUikku then looks specifically at Firebug. ”Will you be joining us ritoru bou?”
Last edited by Kuikku on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC
Firebug

Post by Firebug »

Firebug spends the evening assisting the other fairy and fairy like creatures return to a place outside the town where they feel more comfortable and able to see to their own future she promises them that their debt will be repaid to those who rescued them so they can return to their homes without worry about it costing them again in the future.

The following morning Firebug returns to the town and easily follows the food to where everyone is meeting. Upon being addressed she looks up from the dish of candied yams she stole from the buffet table and has been consuming in quantities that must at least match if not exceed her body mass to focus on the giant man looking at her for a few moments before she replies

Surely high pitched, but not annoying or squeaky like most Firebug's voice is the kind of thing professional singers train for their entire lives and still fail to achieve, so perfect it is almost more difficult to listen to. ”I do not know what a ritoru bau is but I will accompany the group until I have repaid the debt for the timely rescue, it is difficult to be sure where giant faces are looking so be sure to address me as Firebug, and try to only speak the primary local language I have not learned any of your other ones if you want me to know who you are talking to.”
Firefly
Prototype Signature
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku maintains eye contact, as best he can. ”My apologies. 'Ritoru bou' means 'little one' but I will be sure to address you properly now that I know, Firebug. As for any debt that may exist I am sure your prowess will cover it quickly."
Last edited by Kuikku on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character
Kuikku
Norona

Post by Norona »

Firebug wrote:”I do not know what a ritoru bau is but I will accompany the group until I have repaid the debt for the timely rescue, it is difficult to be sure where giant faces are looking so be sure to address me as Firebug, and try to only speak the primary local language I have not learned any of your other ones if you want me to know who you are talking to.”
Nodding, with the slight hint of a smile, Norona decides he like the fire faerie, "No debt is owed to us, however, we are grateful for your company." Eating his fruit he asks as politely as possible, "How did you and your kin come to be captured by Oliver?"
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy went off on her own after the battle and looked around town. What she saw was pretty rough. They'd suffered under the 'rule' of that madman, and there were a lot of empty buildings staring bleakly into the unpaved dirt roads like rotted-out teeth. Just hollow shells.

She hadn't gotten far along in her explorations though before she found something of interest. An old garage, abandoned at some point in the past but still relatively intact. Curious, the tech-wizard strolled in and was delighted to see that while some of the smaller bits had been stolen no doubt, the heavier equipment and more technical doodads that no one knew how to fence were still lying around! Gleefully Deezy started collecting everything together so she could catalogue it...

In the back room though, she found something even more exciting. The little office back there had some documents, now half-covered in dust, that revealed schematics when brushed off. Schematics of diamonds and wires and charged thaumic arrays...technowizardry! Deezy went through the drawers, found letters and correspondence with other tech-wizards. The owner...former owner?...had been looking into 'branching out' in that direction.

Immediately she shoved her TIAMAT goggles down over her eyes and activated them with a bit of the dregs of her PPE...and immediately spotted the dim glow of mystic energy glimmering up from under the floor. A frantic search that moved furniture revealed, at some length, a hidden trap door. And down that...

...a workshop. A technomantic workshop. Not huge, nor particularly extensive, but a world better than the tools she carried in her pouch!

It was well after dark when the Mayor showed up, responding to some townsfolk who'd let him know a light was on in the old McCruther's garage, and someone was rooting around in there. When he saw who it was, he relaxed a bit and smiled.

"Like it? The garage is available. Damn necromancer. Thank you for your help, It's the least we can do."

With an elated shriek, Deezy threw herself at the mayor and hugged him, then immediately shooed him out.

"Thanks! That's AMAZING! This is AMAZING! You have to go now because distraction and also I need to...argh! I was counting! WHERE WAS I?!"

Then she was back down the trap door again.

With a chuckle, the Mayor headed back out. The first night in a long while he didn't think he'd have to worry about who wouldn't be waking up the next morning. A good night at last.

===

The next morning Deezy doesn't show up to breakfast with the rest of the squad. When and if they find her at the garage, she's zonked completely out on a pile of gizmos and paper.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder

TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage

TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Credits: 2000
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Rolls carried

“Yeah, I definitely mean the railgun. I can handle the driving,” Conrad gave him a big toothy smile. He bent down to check the e-clip charger in the ATV that was currently charging his plasma ejector, making sure it was working right. “Though it is starting to look like we might not have a driver for the second ATV, which could be a problem as that holds our food, spare parts and half the squad.”
Firebug

Post by Firebug »

Seemingly about to reply to Kuikku's explanation Firebug is completely derailed by Norona to the point that any other thoughts seem to simply skip out of her mind in the second or two it takes her to recover her composure and attempt an at least nominally polite reply. ”The debt is not yours to refuse, you have made the choice to help the faerie, so the debt exists, if you refuse my assistance the debt will find another way to be paid with no assurance that it will be as well timed or effective as my own assistance. This may not be the best version you could possibly get, but it is far better than the most likely ones, so you should probably discuss it with your friends before you simply throw away the opportunity.”
Firefly
Prototype Signature
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku looks over to Norona. ”Though I may agree nothing is owed it is obvious Firebug, and her fellow faeries, fell such a debt exists. It is not up to us to determine when, or if, such a debt is paid but for her and her kith to make that decision. It is simply up to us to allow her the opportunity.”

Returning his look to Fire bug he continues. "Firebug, we need to be sure not to abuse your offer of help though. If something we are asking you to do conflicts with your beliefs please be sure to let us know. We would not want to develop our own debt while allowing you to settle yours.”

Cocking his head to one side Kuikku ponders. "Though I am curious about your capture as well."
Character
Kuikku
Norona

Post by Norona »

Shrugging, Norona let's the firey faerie explain the nature of debt. It is not a debt if both parties don't agree on consideration, especially if one side dictates what, when, and how. That's called extortion. However, quibbling with a faerie is a fool's errand.

"Very well. I suggest you work out the terms with our team leader."

He then goes quiet as he tries to recall who that is, there has been much turmoil in the group so far. Kesslan departed but no new leader was established.
Firebug

Post by Firebug »

The little faerie's head tilts to the side in what is clearly a fairly universal reaction to confusion, trying to change the viewpoint and gain new insight into the world perhaps, or just something she has learned from her interaction with human culture. ”I already explained the nature of the debt, you rescued us so I will accompany you until such time as I can rescue you in return, this should not be particularly difficult to understand. The nature of my capture is not clear to me I was asleep and then I was awake inside the transparent cage able to absorb all forms of magic I would use against it from the inside, breaking the cage freeing me and allowed me to pay my debt to the necromancer but the act of freeing not only myself but the other faeries is still an act of intent that needs return.”
Firefly
Prototype Signature
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Norona wrote:Shrugging, Norona let's the firey faerie explain the nature of debt. It is not a debt if both parties don't agree on consideration, especially if one side dictates what, when, and how. That's called extortion. However, quibbling with a faerie is a fool's errand.

"Very well. I suggest you work out the terms with our team leader."

He then goes quiet as he tries to recall who that is, there has been much turmoil in the group so far. Kesslan departed but no new leader was established.
"Basically the squad, is you Norona, Kuikku, Firebug, Johnny, Deezy and me Chummer," Conrad joined the conversation, seating his large frame across most of a bench, "Aedyn is being redeployed here, Berreta needs to heal and Cid get fully repaired and Moira I think has been made an offer to join the Legion, but I guess we're waiting on her decision. Until that all settles down, maybe we don't have one at the moment." Conrad gave Norona a big toothy smile, "you want the job chummer?"

Not sure any of us are particularly commander material. I've done it in the past, but with this squad, you blink and half the squad has changed.

"Hey Johnny, does your Glitter Boy need a tuneup at all?"
he shouted to him.
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Nodding Kuikku says ”I feel I am too new to the group to take leadership. I have seen the 'new guy' take charge before and he almost always has no clue how the team works and just messes things up. I don't think Firebug would feel comfortable taking charge as her reasons for joining us are a bit more personal and less to do with the Legion. Deezy appears to be a bit... excitable and I am unsure how good a leadership quality that is. So that just leaves the three of you.”

Kuikku looks at Norona, Johnny, and Conrad in turn. ”Any volunteers?”

Looking around the area again Kuikku frowns. ”Speaking of Deezy, anyone seen her this morning?” Standing up and walking away he tosses over his shoulder ”You three work it out, I will go look for her.”

=====

After asking around Kuikku is directed to an old garage. Looking around he sees a reasonably maintained facility with the only thing odd being the trapdoor into a concealed basement. After going down even Kuikku is impressed with the contents of the space. Though not in any organization he understands it is sorted and cataloged in some detail.

On the workbench in the middle of the room is the only real “mess”. Several devices, numerous parts, and lots of papers are scattered and piled across the entire surface. Sleeping peacefully on top of it all, a slight smile on her face, is Deezy.

Not wanting to startle her Kuikku starts talking where he stands at the base of the ladder but gets closer as he progresses. ”Deezy, koishii, it is morning. Breakfast is almost over and we need to get moving. Time to wake up.” The last statement is accompanied with a small shake of her shoulder.
Character
Kuikku
Norona

Post by Norona »

Kuikku wrote: Kuikku looks at Norona, Johnny, and Conrad in turn. ”Any volunteers?”
Shaking his head slowly, Norona pushes his uneaten meal around on his plate, "I am not sure if I can remain at all. This brush with the forces of darkness have reignited my desire to return to my home. Dark forces threaten those lands as well. I have been seeking the means to return since coming to this world. The dwarves at Castle Refuge are also from my home and I thought they might shed light on a way. Yet, they too are lost. Serving the Legion is a noble pursuit, but takes me further rather than close to home."
OOC Comments
Setting up a departure. Am making a new character for the Black Company and have to decide if it is a new account or replaces this one.
Johnny Whateley

Post by Johnny Whateley »

Conrad wrote:"Hey Johnny, does your Glitter Boy need a tuneup at all?" he shouted to him.
"I wouldn't say no to that as I ain't necessarily good on repairs," replies Johnny as he looks to be restringing a new guitar. "Well, except replacing strings."

As he completes the restringing, his eyes widen in surprise. "Whoa."
Kuikku wrote:Nodding Kuikku says ”I feel I am too new to the group to take leadership. I have seen the 'new guy' take charge before and he almost always has no clue how the team works and just messes things up. I don't think Firebug would feel comfortable taking charge as her reasons for joining us are a bit more personal and less to do with the Legion. Deezy appears to be a bit... excitable and I am unsure how good a leadership quality that is. So that just leaves the three of you.”

Kuikku looks at Norona, Johnny, and Conrad in turn. ”Any volunteers?”
Johnny blinks as if waking from a brief trance and takes a deep breath.

"What was the question?"
Last edited by Johnny Whateley on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."

Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Kuikku wrote:After asking around Kuikku is directed to an old garage. Looking around he sees a reasonably maintained facility with the only thing odd being the trapdoor into a concealed basement. After going down even Kuikku is impressed with the contents of the space. Though not in any organization he understands it is sorted and cataloged in some detail.

On the workbench in the middle of the room is the only real “mess”. Several devices, numerous parts, and lots of papers are scattered and piled across the entire surface. Sleeping peacefully on top of it all, a slight smile on her face, is Deezy.

Not wanting to startle her Kuikku starts talking where he stands at the base of the ladder but gets closer as he progresses. ”Deezy, koishii, it is morning. Breakfast is almost over and we need to get moving. Time to wake up.” The last statement is accompanied with a small shake of her shoulder.
"I have a permit for that!" Deezy blurted, and sat up with a jerk, her eyes opening wide as she looked wildly around. She blinked blankly up at Kuikku for a second, then slapped her forehead and winced.

"Right! I'm good. Yep, I'm up! I, uh..." the technowizard looked around the garage and sighed. "I can't take all this stuff with me. We need a big truck or something. I could set up HERE, I guess, but...location location location..."

She brightened then. "On the other hand, having all this stuff handy here means I could do work for us now! I mean, any repairs we need done, and maybe even a little Klattatech patented updates and upgrades! If those juicer-zombies were the FIRST line of defense, we'll need bigger guns before we move ahead!"

And just like that, Deezy popped to her feet, though one of her pigtails was still sticking nearly straight up in the position that she'd slept on it in.

"Thanks for getting me up. Long night! Still got lots to do, but we should check in with the others to see who wants what!"
OOC Comments

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!

Edges
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Conrad

Re: posts for games

Post by Conrad »

As Norona revealed that he might leave the squad, Conrad visibly slumped as he sat on the bench, rolling his eyes and holding his head in one clawed hand, whilst the other hand and his tail rubbed his temples. From the squad that rolled out of Castle Refuge only a few days ago, he was faced with the possibility of being the only one left.

“Norona, you and I are the only ones left Chummer who even got the briefing and quite frankly you’re the most useful one.
Kesslan and Rabbit Foot have left, Berreta is injured and who knows if she will be fit to accompany us. Tarin has already been and gone, Jesse just stormed out considering he stopped communicating in the middle of a firefight. Johnny has been with us approximately 24 hours by now, Deezy not much longer than that.
You don’t strike me as the type of guy who bails on people when they need them and boy Chummer, do we still need you. We’re on our way to a bunch of real estate that only you’ve been to, none of us have any tracking skills or your knowledge which will be invaluable to our efforts. Our chances of success are gonna be pretty poor trying to find a myriad of threats without a star tracker.”

OOC Comments
Conrad doesn’t really want the job, he’s more of a sergeant character, but I get feeling its either Norona or him
Norona

Post by Norona »

"You make wise points Conrad. I will see through this mission, the time to reassess is at the end of the road, not the mid-point."

Seeming to regains his appetite, the half-elf daintily puts a forkful of fruit into his mouth, On the subject of leadership, you have more military experience than I do. Unless the Legion dictates otherwise, I defer to you in all matters military. If I can help share the burden of leadership in other ways I am happy to assist."

Looking at the completely revamped crew Norona takes a deep breath, "Perhaps one of us should attempt to make a report to Castle Refuge. Both of our encounters here and our personnel situation. They may have further direction. Does the town have a long-range radio or perhaps a ley line walker can deliver a message for us."
OOC Comments
I'll stick it out with this character to the end. So far the post rate has been decent enough that I am not drowning and IC I'd like to move things a long a bit more.
Firebug

Post by Firebug »

As the door slams open the little pixie jumps up into the air and bursts into flame, melting the frosting on the top of several pastries, and even singing one a bit before she gains enough distance to be no more than a warming lamp on the food table. Upon seeing the walking corpse talk she pauses for long enough to notice that nobody else seems to be reacting to its arrival let alone the sorry state it is in.

Seeking clarification as much as safety Firebug asks the two men quibbling about passing the buck on decision making processes to make their first decision. ”Is it normal for the dead to rise in this place or should I burn it back to the grave before it kills someone?”
Firefly
Prototype Signature
Norona

Post by Norona »

Firebug wrote: ”Is it normal for the dead to rise in this place or should I burn it back to the grave before it kills someone?”
"Unfortunately, the dead being raised seems to be occurring more frequently than normal these days. From my time on this world I would say, while it is disturbing it is not surprising. Burning bodies is never a poor strategy."

Looking at the door Jesse just exited, "In some cases the dead still have good men in them trying to get out and find peace. The story of Jesse Dean Flint remains unfinished."
Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

With a smile Kuikku shakes his head and climbs back up the ladder. He gets back to the rest of the group just in time to see a dripping wet corpse stomp off down the road. With a little concern he goes into the building but sees everyone is finishing breakfast rather than running after the thing so decides it must not be that critical.

”I located Deezy. She has found a plethora of parts and tools and believes she can make any repairs needed, and possibly a few upgrades, if anyone is interested. I think she also wants to see how much she can take with her. How much room do we have, boss?” His last statement is sort of spread across Norona, Conrad, and Johnny trying to figure out who it should be addressed too.
Character
Kuikku
Norona

Post by Norona »

Looking up from his conversation Norona nods to acknowledge the cynerknight, Surely he is more fit to lead. Called to it and trained for it.

"Very well, let us see what our intrepid inventor has discovered. Conrad may need to build us a trailer."

Finishing his breakfast Norona follows Kuikku to Deezy's location. Seeing the wide assortment of things his mind winces but his face remains placid, "I hope you don't intend to leave us and set-up shop here. We only just met."

Pulling his Vibro-Sword he smiles, "Although, let me be your first customer. Perhaps this weapon could be made holy, to serve against undeath. Would 5,000 credits suffice?"
OOC Comments
Minor upgrade, add a trapping. Holy silver if possible.
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Deezy Klatta »

Deezy was already on the way over, having followed only a few minutes behind the knight. She was only too happy to show Norona the shop though, and nodded happily at his request.

"Should be enough here to do the work. And that's plenty of cash to get the bits and pieces, assuming there's anywhere around here to actually buy them. Still, I'll take care of the details!"

She pushes some kind of actuator over with the toe of her boot and adds, "There is a little temptation to try to set up shop for good, but...nah. For one, I promised I'd help with this cult and backing out now wouldn't be good word of mouth at ALL! And also...I dunno if this town really has the traffic I'd want for my headquarters location, ya know? I was really thinking of setting up near the castle, so I can market to the Legion and the mercenaries and the...you know, all that stuff."

As Deezy rambles, she pushes the actuator back to where it had been originally.

"Then again. More competition too. Well, no matter what you're stuck with me at least until the cult situation is resolved! Then I have to really dig deep and figure out what I need."
OOC Comments

Skills:
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice

Hindrances

Edges

Gizmos (spells):

Omniblaster

Gear

TW Revolver

NG-S2 Survival Pack
Sleeping bag
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

Kuikku

Post by Kuikku »

Kuikku spends the next several days helping where he can. Most of the time that comes down to making sure the children are out of the way. When the pier is being replaced he draws them towards the other side of town with a martial arts display. When the city hall is being repaired he takes them to the new pier to do a little fishing. He soon discovers if he has a bit of candy on hand a lot more of the kids are willing to stay wherever he is.

Kuikku also finds that Firebug is often around when he starts handing the candy out. This gives him an opportunity to get to know a bit more about her and her history. He is saddened to think that her family and friends may be being used in such a horrible manner but knows there is really nothing he can do about it right now. He offers to help her find any survivors once this mission is over, if that is her goal.

While coordinating where the major projects of the day will be Kuikku notices that Deezy almost always has some device that will help. Most of the time the devices even work as promised. Regardless of what she is working on though she appears to be excited to be doing it. His history has been filled with people who tended to be a bit more... stoic in their attitudes. As a result he finds her energy and enthusiasm refreshing.

In the few times Kuikku actually gets to watch the work being done he is always impressed with the efficiency of how Conrad works. Even if Conrad does not understand exactly how Deezy is planing on getting a particular device to work he has a more mundane option ready to go. Kuikku finds this combination of support and independence a good bulwark to have in the group.

It is really Norona that confuses Kuikku the most, at least at first. It is clear that there are many deep thoughts behind those eyes but not much is said. It takes a bit longer for Kuikku to discern that he has suffered a great loss like Firebug but the details are still not completely clear. Kuikku does determine that Norona wants to return to his home but is unsure exactly where that is, or how to get there. Silently, Kuikku vows to help him achieve that goal as no man should be without family.

The last member of the group is actually the one Kuikku understands the fastest. Johnny's desire to help those in need closely reflects Kuikku's own attitude. Although they come from different worlds, literally, Kuikku feels their reflecting attitudes will provide a strength the group can use. Of course a Glitter Boy is also very handy to have.

And he plays a mean guitar.
OOC Comments
Creating this interlude was really difficult. I have a nice background for the character but nothing noteworthy has happened in his life so far. Add in the fact that the only information I have on my fellow party is what I can read in the forum and I did not have a lot to work with.

I hope no one is bothered with the potential liberties I took. If so please let me know and I can edit.
Character
Kuikku
Johnny Whateley

Post by Johnny Whateley »

Johnny's Town Interlude:
Johnny eases his way into the work teams that are going about repairing the town. The assistance of an enthusiastic Glitter Boy doing some of the heavy lifting doesn’t go unappreciated—even with his near-constant chattering and his lack of useful crafting capabilities. During the time he’s helping on fixing up the city’s defense wall, he makes some small talk with the locals (mostly the local ladies but also anyone familiar with the history of the town).

He aims the talk toward what he tries to avoid calling the “Psycho” house where his new guitar came from. Johnny figures that 1) the locals aren’t familiar with classic 20th Century cinema and 2) casting disturbing auspices on a future common-house that the town needed wouldn’t be a good idea. After a few songs and a couple of drinks, Johnny got bits of the story about the ol’ Simmons Home: Like how one of the town founders Paul Simmons built it after he met his wife the eccentric adventuring minstrel Leandra Rae and that after they both died, their daughter Norma tried to turn into a boarding house (Johnny had to bite his tongue on that coincidentally “bait” bit of information) but with how little traffic the town had made the attempt such a poor enterprise. More importantly, Johnny discovered that the house remained empty for years as Norma had taken ill and moved to a smaller place in the town proper and that she barely survived the recent occupation.

Johnny finds his luck in his research holding as he manages to obtain an appointment with the, ninety-year-old Norma Simmons. Dread replaces that good feeling when he sees Norma’s piercing bright emerald eyes. What Norma tells him about her family all but confirms his suspicions.

“I haven’t seen that for decades. I almost forgot it was still in that old place. She carried it with her when she was about your age—my mother. A lot of the people say I have her eyes. The gossip about town said that it was her eyes that won my father. I could believe a bit of that, but those same people forget that my mother wouldn’t have stayed if she didn’t want to. They underestimate my father a bit as well as the call to wander that my mom often followed. So, I’d like to believe that it wasn’t my mother that caught my father, but my father that won over my mother from the call to adventure.”

Norma went on about her father.

Paul Simmons had been plagued by a mysterious curse that drove him to a life of seclusion. She went on to explain that despite this forced solitude, Paul strove to not keep himself isolated from the people he helped found the town with. He would ensure that the town had what it needed to survive the vast dangers of the wild and defend the town with his life if needed. Unfortunately, the spectral force behind his curse made it near impossible for him to be truly happy.

Growing up, he saw the effects of this curse firsthand—first on how this creature drove his caring and devoted mother into madness before killing her and then on his brothers and the women they loved. Their father gave up after the loss of their mother. The others tried to fight the curse more directly leading to consequences of deep tragedy until only Paul was left. Paul was determined to ensure the curse ended with him and kept himself away from romantic and sexual relationships.

All that changed when he and Leandra met. Whatever happened, they just clicked and both found that they didn’t want their relationship to end—least of all because of some spectral abuser.

“Mother always had a way with words, but she was one tough lady and she didn’t take shit from anyone if she didn’t have to. When words didn’t work, she’d claw and bite any son of a bitch that got in her way. She was also pretty confident that she had a trick or two or three from her adventures that she planned to use to break that curse. Those tricks and that magic guitar of hers. Needless to say, whatever they did worked. I’m here and didn’t have anything close to the experiences Papa had growing up.”

“They had their happy ending. And I guess, I had mine for what it was worth. I’ve lived a long life. I’ve loved and been loved in return. If I had any regrets, it was that I didn’t have children of my own.”

Norma Simmons died two days after Johnny visited her. The town doctor said she passed away peacefully in her sleep. Johnny learned after the funeral that after her husband died twenty years earlier. Many of the town’s folk agreed she seemed to be holding on longer than she should.

“It’s usually the terrible ones that live so long—their bitterness and spitefulness keeping them around just to make everyone else feel as horrible as her. Norma just was so good to go through so much suffering. It’s like she was waiting for something. I can’t believe she even survived those monsters that tried to kill all of us.”

Johnny didn’t see any hint of her suffering. Most of the town agreed that her health was horribly bad and she was in constant terrible pain. Johnny felt a bit of comfort knowing that Norma’s pain was gone, but that comfort was a bit fleeting as he mulled over the final part of their conversation.

“If you don’t mind me getting a bit personal, Ms. Simmons,” Johnny asked in his Nawlins drawl, “But why didn’t you have children?”
Norma Simmons chuckled a bit. “Oh, you’re not asking anything too personal, Johnny.” She gave him a mirthful smile. “It was a choice I made so very long ago…a choice I made because of my mother and what she told me about her family. It’s one of the reasons I told you all this about my family…about our family. You see, Johnny, my mother’s full name wasn’t just ‘Leandra Rae.’ It was Leandra Rae Whateley.”
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."

Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

Return to “Adventure Archive”