22. The Battle

Locked
User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Conditions

You emerge from the darkness of the tunnel into the pale blue light of a ley line (Notice and related penalties reduced to -2 before any offset). Energy crackles through the air and the lines continue to be unstable (attempts to draw from the line are made at -2). Waist-high water makes everything count as difficult ground. The sky has cleared, giving you a direct view of the stars and the night sky.

Castle Siege

The tunnel emerges near the rear of the Jungle Castle (approximately 50 feet away), an ancient-looking structure with parapets reaching high into the night sky, as if grasping for the moon. The water sploshes around your feet and vehicles, but is otherwise unnaturally still.

In the distance, you hear the growls and roars of angry dinosaurs, and you can see that the area between where your team went into the tunnels and the castle itself is populated by patrols of dinosaurs and barbarians.

Ahead of you, perhaps 20 feet away, a lone man in armor faces you. “Knew it,” he says, “these idiots can’t even guard their own back door.”

He holds out his hands to either side, spread-eagle, and the air around them shimmers blue as two psi-swords appear and fall into his palms. He lets out a high-pitched whistle, and the water around you begins to move a bit.

Unbelievably, many humanoid figures begin to rise from the murky water, drawing up to approximately the height of a man. Their features are all wrong, though: they are gaunt parodies of humanity, with pale, stretched skin and dramatically sunken eyes. Of course, the 32nd has seen these creatures before… vampires! As quick as a thought, 8d4 = 18: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3 wild-looking vampires appear from the water around you and start in on the 32nd.

As the undead creatures eye the party hungrily, the strange man in armor stands still as if lost temporarily in thought.
Anyone who makes a Notice roll at -2
The armor-clad warrior in front of you is wearing around his neck a medallion similar to the one the party found previously that gave you all free access to the telepathy spell that were never used. The design is not quite the same, but it is certainly of a similar style.
From within the castle itself, you hear a deep rumbling sound and some stones begin to break away and fall to the water below.

Take the Initiative!
  • Norona: QD
  • Toshiro: 4H
  • Deezy: KD
  • Conrad/Jameson: 9C
  • Sierra: 8D
  • White Castle: 7S
  • Kuikku: Black Joker
  • Miguel: 10S (also drew a 2S)
  • Mysterious Guy with Psi-Swords: JackD
  • Mooks: 6H

Norona, Deezy, and Kuikku are up first, in any order. And Kuikku drew a Joker, so his rolls and damage this round will be at +2, and everyone gets a Benny for his good draw!

Once Norona, Deezy and Kuikku have posted, I will post for the bad guys, and then it will be everyone else’s turn. Because I am railroading you guys a little bit, anyone with the Danger Sense Edge who makes a Notice roll (at -2, per the Edge) will get a +1 to their first action of the turn.

Also, anyone who chooses to may make a Notice roll as a free action at -2 to see if they can spot the thing under the ooc tag, above.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 pm

GM Addendum: Anyone who so chooses may take an action to make a K/Arcana roll at -8 to figure out what's up with the vampires in water (though Norona can make this roll at -4). You could also get similar information with a raise on exalted detect arcana, but not normal detect arcana. A simple success on exalted detect arcana will get you some interesting information, but probably not the whole story.

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:18 am

Notice 9
Difficulty -2
Notice 1d8-2 = 6: 8
Ace 1d8+6 = 9: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
OOC: SORRY, POSTED THIS BEFORE READING THE INITIATIVE RULES. I WILL HOLD OFF.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Norona » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 am

Exalted Detect Arcana 9, raise
Channelling 1d12-1 = 0: 1
Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3

PPE drawn from device.

Benny
1d12-1 = 9: 10
1d6-1 = 2: 3
Summon Ally (Force Multiplier) 6, success
Channelling 1d12-1 = 6: 7
Wild 1d6-1 = 4: 5

-19 PPE
Water Elemental
Image
Seeing the vampires rising from the water makes Norona look askance at the situation. He activates his goggles to get an understanding of what's happening and his disturbance grows even more. The easiest way to deal with his disturbance is to cut off the source.

"Caution. The man is a thrall, a cyberknight of renown beholden to a master vampire. The crystal connects them. Be wary."

Then he calls forth the spirit of the swamp to stir the waters and fight the vampires. The still pool begins to froth and churn and nine elementals emerge from the waters and blast cones of running water toward the wild vamps, try to catch many of them in overlapping fields of spray.
Water Spout
1 Shooting 1d8 = 5: 5 Damage 2d8 = 9: 8, 1 Ace 1d8 = 4: 4
2 Shooting 1d8 = 4: 4 Damage 2d8 = 14: 8, 6 Ace 1d8 = 6: 6
3 Shooting 1d8 = 7: 7 Damage 2d8 = 9: 6, 3
4 Shooting 1d8 = 4: 4 Damage 2d8 = 3: 2, 1
5 Shooting 1d8 = 3: 3 Damage 2d8 = 12: 7, 5
6 Shooting 1d8 = 7: 7 Damage 2d8 = 7: 3, 4
7 Shooting 1d8 = 2: 2 Damage 2d8 = 6: 4, 2
8 Shooting 1d8 = 3: 3 Damage 2d8 = 9: 3, 6
9 Shooting 1d8 = 6: 6 Damage 2d8 = 13: 7, 6
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:32 am

@Norona, of course, gains all of the knowledge about wild vampires as printed in Savage Foes. In addition, he sees the twisted essence of the swamp itself, tainted by unspeakable death magic, surrounding the vampires. The very life force of the swamp’s ritually slain denizens seems to be protecting the vampires from the dangers of the natural water. Norona also senses a fell spell that is keeping the water unnaturally still, presumably as a comfort to the vampires (who typically fear moving water most of all). He cannot be sure, but he gets the impression that moving or enchanted water might still cause these beasts harm.

When he looks at the armored warrior, he senses that the man is a powerful cyber-knight (Legendary) and that he is under an incredibly powerful version of the puppet power. It seems the man in front of you is a thrall, and he must be one of great status.

Finally, the necklace he wears must allow him to be in constant telepathic communication with whatever Master Vampire holds his proverbial leash.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:14 am

Vampy Agility Rolls to Evade and Damage from Water Attacks
Agility for vampires to try and get out of the way: 18d8 = 83: 1, 3, 6, 2, 8, 1, 4, 2, 6, 5, 7, 8, 8, 4, 2, 7, 6, 3
For the sake of simplicity, we're going to say each elemental targeted 2 vampires (9 elementals and 18 vampires divides up nicely), so the above rolls will be opposed to the elementals' shooting rolls in Norona's post.
  • Elemental 1 shooting 5: Hits first two vampires for 3d10 = 6: 3, 1, 2 damage
  • Elemental 2 shooting 4: Hits one vampire for 3d10 = 15: 8, 5, 2 damage
  • Elemental 3 shooting 7: Hits one vampire for 3d10 = 21: 8, 8, 5 damage
  • Elemental 4 shooting 4: Hits one vampire for 3d10 = 15: 6, 6, 3 damage
  • Elemental 5 shooting 3: Misses both vampires
  • Elemental 6 shooting 7: Misses both vampires
  • Elemental 7 shooting 2: Misses both vampires
  • Elemental 8 shooting 3: Hits one vampire for 3d10 = 16: 6, 1, 9 damage
  • Elemental 9 shooting 6: Hits one vampire for 3d10 = 22: 10, 4, 8 damage
Five of the vampires are engulfed in the spray from @Norona's elementals and disintegrate. One takes a glancing blow and appears unharmed, and the others scramble back, out of the way of the enchanted water.

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Kuikku » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am

Rolls
Notice: 1d8 = 7: 7 (-2 situation, +2 Joker)
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2

Boost Fighting: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d10+2 = 12: 10
Ace: 1d10+12 = 22: 10
Ace Again: 1d10+22 = 28: 6
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Boost Spirit: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d10+2 = 11: 9
Wild: 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Deflection: +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d10+2 = 6: 4
Wild: 1d6+2 = 7: 5

Persuasion: +2 Strong Willed, +2 Cyber Knight, +2 Joker
Psionics: 1d8+6 = 13: 7
Wild: 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Ace: 1d6+12 = 13: 1
Extra Effort: 1d6 = 3: 3 +2 Elan

Notice: 7, I see the madalion
Boost Fighting: 28, Fighting is now 1d12+1
Boost Spirit: 11 Spirit is now 1d12+1
Persuasion: 18
Kuikku steps forward also with his hands out to his side, but does not summon his swords. Instead he quietly increases his capabilities but takes no offensive actions. Knowing the rest of the group can handle the vamps Kuikku focuses on the more dangerous cyber knight. “Peter of Wright? Is that you? We were concerned that something had happened to you. If you are ready we can take you back to the Castle for a debriefing. I know Lord Coake will be glad you are still alive. You know, you look sort of worn out. Maybe you should lay down in one of our vehicles while we finish looking at things here.”

With all the water, and moving slowly Kuikku is about half way towards Peter when he sees the amulet around Peter's neck. I need to get that off of him if there is any hope of not killing him, Kuikku thinks to himself. Continuting slowly forward Kuikku keeps talking. ”Here, let me give you a shoulder to lean on.” When he gets close enough Kuikku attempts to put one arm under Peter's shoulder and around his back as the other hand braces on his chest. If he can Kuikku is then going to pull the amulet off and drop it on the ground.

Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 20(8)
Wounds: 0
ISP: 14/20
Boost Fighting: 1d12+1
Boost Spirit: 1d12+1
Deflection: -4 to hit melee, -5 at range
Last edited by Kuikku on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Castle's Notice 3 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Notice (1d8) 1d8 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
Pahi Oki's Notice 2 _
Danger Sense
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Notice (1d8) 1d8 = 4: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
Pahi Oki's Exalted Detect 8 _
PP: 4 (16 of 20 remaining)
[*] Focus (1d10) 1d10 = 8: 8
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 am

Deezy moves quickly, yanking parts from her various bags and flasks and assembling an arcane device that crackles with barely-contained electricity and light. She fits this to the barrel of the Omniblaster and lifts the weapon to her shoulder.

There's a loud POOMF sound, and the warhead arcs out over the front line and explodes into a intensely bright white-yellow flare that bathes the battlefield in stark illumination. Shadows immediately stream away from everyone, cast along the floors and walls, and vampiric flesh begins to shudder and smoulder...

Rolls: Notice 4, TW 6, Shooting 6 for big old Light spell
TWizardry to build Light gadget with Sunlight trapping: 1d12 = 8: 8 or 1d6 = 3: 3 Forgot the -2 MAP, but a 6 still succeeds.
Then Shooting to use said gadget: 1d10+2 = 5: 3 or 1d6+2 = 8: 6 using Exalted Light modifier, so radius is 12" (24" diameter) and light is considered both holy and sunlight. Costs 4PPE from the gadget. Forgot the -2 MAP, but a 6 still succeeds.

And Notice, for kicks, to see about the amulet: 1d8-2 = 4: 6 or 1d6-2 = 3: 5
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Kuikku wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 am
Kuikku steps forward also with his hands out to his side, but does not summon his swords. Instead he quietly increases his capabilities but takes no offensive actions. Knowing the rest of the group can handle the vamps Kuikku focuses on the more dangerous cyber knight. “Peter of Wright? Is that you? We were concerned that something had happened to you. If you are ready we can take you back to the Castle for a debriefing. I know Lord Coake will be glad you are still alive. You know, you look sort of worn out. Maybe you should lay down in one of our vehicles while we finish looking at things here.”

With all the water, and moving slowly Kuikku is about half way towards Peter when he sees the amulet around Peter's neck. I need to get that off of him if there is any hope of not killing him, Kuikku thinks to himself. Continuting slowly forward Kuikku keeps talking. ”Here, let me give you a shoulder to lean on.” When he gets close enough Kuikku attempts to put one arm under Peter's shoulder and around his back as the other hand braces on his chest. If he can Kuikku is then going to pull the amulet off and drop it on the ground.
You can't see the face of the Cyber-Knight behind his helm, but following @Kuikku's entreaty, the man's stance shifts a bit, becoming marginally less threatening. "You don't fully understand what this is, brother," Peter responds to Kuikku. "I don't want to kill you, but I will. You don't know what it's like..." He shakes his head, hard, as if trying to fling something off.

When Kuikku gets close, Peter slaps his hand away. "I don't want to fight you, but I'm not going to get a choice, here. And I don't expect you will, either. Besides, I'm the least of your concerns." With that, he juts his chin out at the castle, where masonry continues to fall to the ground and a low rumble begins to disturb the water.
Actions for Peter
Boost Fighting 9: raise
Deflection 6: success
Defend: +2 Parry
With that, Peter puts one foot back and holds his blades up in a defensive posture, waving Kuikku forward. "Best we get this over with. I can't... I can't go too easy on you. I've been ordered not to let anyone kill me; the bastard is smart."

Deezy Klatta wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 am
Deezy moves quickly, yanking parts from her various bags and flasks and assembling an arcane device that crackles with barely-contained electricity and light. She fits this to the barrel of the Omniblaster and lifts the weapon to her shoulder.

There's a loud POOMF sound, and the warhead arcs out over the front line and explodes into a intensely bright white-yellow flare that bathes the battlefield in stark illumination. Shadows immediately stream away from everyone, cast along the floors and walls, and vampiric flesh begins to shudder and smoulder...
Vampire Damage
1. 5 damage = fine
2. 14 damage = incapacitated
3. 10 damage = shaken
4. 11 damage = shaken
5. 14 damage = incapacitated
6. 15 damage = incapacitated
7. 8 damage = fine
8. 14 damage = incapacitated
9. 6 damage = fine
10. 8 damage = fine
11. 3 damage = fine
12. 9 damage = shaken
13. 14 damage = incapacitated
Five of the vampires are caught in the initial blast of Deezy's light and are almost instantaneously disintegrated. Three more catch fire and begin wailing an undead howl.
Vampire's Rolls, 2 Unshake, 1 Still Shaken
Vampire 3 to unshake: 4 (success), Vampire 4 to unshake: 5 (success), Vampire 12 to unshake: 2 (still shaken)
All of the remaining 8 vampires run for the edge of the light.
Running
1. 2+4 pace = 6
2. 2+4 pace = 6
3. 3+4 pace = 7
4. 6+4 pace = 10
5. 5+4 pace = 9
6. 6+4 pace = 10
7. 4+4 pace = 8
8. 1+4 pace = 5
3 of the vampires make it out of the radius of the spell. 5 are still within the radius of the spell, and one of those 5 on fire and shaken.

Rest of the Players Are Up!

Okay, the rest of the players (other than Norona, Kuikku and Deezy) are now up! You may post in any order.

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:45 am

Stun 4; targets 5 vampires; they must make a Vigor roll or be Shaken; they also need to make a second Vigor roll vs Fatigue for the Fire/Heat trapping
Targets MBT vampires 2d4 = 5: 2, 3
+1 for Danger Sense
Psionics 1d12+1 = 2: 1
Wild 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Benny to reroll to avoid brain burn
Psionics 1d12+1 = 3: 2
Wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d12+1 = 4: 3
Wild 1d6+1 = 4: 3
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle/Tunnels
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 1

As they came out of the tunnel, Sierra took a deep breath of fresh, swampy air. It was still wet everywhere, though.

And then some man produced psi swords and…

“Vampires? Again? I hate vampires!” Sierra complained. Everything she could do was ineffective against vampires, and Kuikku was too close to the cyber-knight for her to drop a mega-bomb or something on him.

“Why don’t we see if we can’t keep them vampires in the light,” Sierra said, extending her hands. Fire and heat exploded throughout the area, targeting the vampires.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 4: 4
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 7: 2, 5 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Darksight: no illumination penalties (1 hour)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 3/3
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:33 am

Vigor Rolls
5d10 = 29: 5, 7, 8, 3, 6 vs Shaken
Vampire immunities ignore heat trapping.
One of the vampires is visibly shaken by Sierra's barrage, but the others are unaffected.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:45 pm

The solitary figure standing in the middle of a still body of water. Then the things rising from the water.

Castle was familiar with Lake Placid but it was cooler there and this humiodity would melt the ice in the winter. The water. That still water.

This would have to be the first time he had ever seen someone or something rise from a watery grave. Things had come out of graves in numerous places that he had visited in the past. He attributed it to the Ley Lines and magic. And that is what he saw now.

Everything around him seemed to be a blur of motion and he was just now set in motion and so far behind that he might never catch up.

He brings his Wilk's 447 Laser Rifle to his shoulder and fires on the nearest non-friendly.

Shooting 4, Damage 8, AP 2 _
[*] Shooting (1d10) 1d10 = 4: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4

Damage (3d6) 3d6 = 8: 4, 1, 3



@Pahi Oki stands next to Castle. Noticing the stillness of the water. "Water Dead. Not Good."

"Water Not Clean. Purify Water."

Geyser Blast, LBT, 15 Mega Damage
Range: 20
Trapping: Boiling Water and Steam

PP Cost: 1
Area Effect (LBT): +1
Greater Blast: 4d6 (5d6): +4

Total PP Cost: 6 (14 of 20 remaining)

[*] Focus (1d10) 1d10 = 9: 9
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1

[*] Damage (5d6) 5d6 = 15: 2, 1, 5, 4, 3

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:52 pm

@White Castle's shot takes one of the vampires square in the chest, but does not appear to have any effect.

The mysterious @Pahi Oki's attack connects with 2d6 = 5: 3, 2 of the vampires, immediately dissolving them!

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Round Two!

Conditions

It is night, but thanks to the glow of the ley line, Notice and related rolls relying on vision are only at -2. Those within the radius of Deezy’s spell suffer no penalty for darkness. The party is still in hip-deep water, so all terrain counts as difficult ground.

Round One Results

The 32nd’s attack on the vampires is brutal and efficient. Norona and White Castle’s strange new companion wipe them out in chunks with the water around them, while Deezy manufactures an artificial sunrise at midnight and Sierra keeps one of the bloodsuckers from running away.

Meanwhile, Kuikku’s entreaties clearly impact Peter of Wright, who hesitates in the face of his younger Cyber-Knight brother at arms.

Round Two!

Almost soundlessly, 1d4 = 2: 2 more vampires arise from the water, though these have apparently taken pains to place themselves outside of the radius of Deezy’s spell and to have spaced themselves out (½ the number of vampires will be caught by area of effect spells. See p.65 of SWD, “Games Without Miniatures”).

Meanwhile, decidedly not soundlessly, the jungle castle rumbles again, before the parapets explode in a shower of stone and debris!

All players make an Agility roll at -2 or take 3d6 = 13: 2, 6, 5 + 1d6 = 2: 2 = 15 MD from falling rock!

A bone-chilling “roar!” splits the air, sending tremors through the ground, water, and air, as the head of a massive beast rises above the remains of the castle. The creature’s shape is more draconic than you remember, but the whisps of shadow seeping from its eyes and mouth and emanating from its body are enough to remind all of you who were there of the last time you met this creature.

Except this time, it’s bigger. A LOT bigger.

All players make a Fear check at -4.

A deep voice rumbles, “Ah, you again. I had wondered. And where is your little hatchling friend? I was so eager for a snack!”

As you watch, its almost unimaginably large torso rises up in the air, towering like a skyscraper, larger even than the castle it had just destroyed. You can see lines of shadow streaking towards the creature, as if feeding it, from the myriad dinosaurs you saw off in the distance at the beginning of round one. As each one of those dinosaurs fades and puffs out of existence, the monstrosity before you grows larger and larger, until you have to crane your neck to take it all in.

Barely audible over the din, Peter of Wright says, “I told you. I’m the least of your worries.
Shadow Dragon.jpg
Aaaaaand, Action!
Initiative:
  • Norona: 10C
  • Kuikku: 9S
  • Deezy: KH
  • Sierra: 6S
  • White Castle: KS
  • Toshiro: On hold
  • Conrad/Jameson: On hold
  • Miguel: On hold
  • Peter of Wright: JH
  • Vampires (5): 8H
  • Giant Beast of Doom: 10H

Order of Actions

Deezy and White Castle beat the bad guys’ high card, so they can go first. If any of the players currently on hold want to try and interrupt the bad guys, they will need to roll Agility with a TN of 10.

After Deezy, White Castle and any players who come off hold and make their Agility rolls go, I will do a bad guy post. Everyone else will get to go (in any order) after the bad guys go.

Some Big Bad Stats
Big baddie is big, at size +18. Obviously, you all get the +4 to strike him from “Matter of Size.”
He’s also pretty tough, at 64(30) MDC.
He counts as a dragon for weaknesses, thanks to the form he has taken.

Miguel
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Miguel » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:05 pm

OOC Comments
Rock Slide
Agility 1d12-2 = 10: 12
Ace 1d12 = 6: 6
WIld Die 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Interrupt
Agility 1d12 = 4: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Benny to reroll
Agility 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild Die 1d10 = 9: 9 (Note, rolled wrong die type, still not enough so leaving as is)
Miguel nimbly dodges the rocks, they don't even come close to touching him. He readies his laser, but isn't quite able to get off a shot before the enemy acts.

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 am

Agility 6
-2 difficulty
Agility 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Fear 2
-4 difficulty
Spirit 1d8-4 = 2: 6
Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Benny to reroll
Spirit 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Fright Table 1; Adrenaline Surge: The hero’s “fight” response takes over. He adds +2 to all Trait and damage rolls on his next action.
1d20 = 1: 1
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle/Tunnels
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 2

Sierra managed to dodge out of the way of the falling debris. “Holy shit...it’s Maleficent!” she exclaimed as the white jungle castle erupted with a huge, shadowy dragon, growing larger and larger. “Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!” Sierra exclaimed, feeling her heart beat hard, adrenaline surging through her.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 6: 6
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 3: 2, 1 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Adrenaline Surge: +2 to all Trait and damage rolls on next action
Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Darksight: no illumination penalties (1 hour)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 2/3
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Venatus Vinco » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:50 am

Avoids rocks, Shaken by Fear
Spirit 1d8-4 = 3: 7 Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Agility 1d8-2 = 3: 5 Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Fright +4 1d20 = 3: 3 = 7 (Shaken)
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:51 am

White Castle
Spirit 4 _
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Spirit (1d10) 1d10 = 2: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5

Benny to Reroll (3 of 3 remaining)
Elan: +2

[*] Spirit (1d10) 1d10 = 6: 6
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
Agility 8 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Agility (1d10) 1d10 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3

Benny to Reroll (2 of 3 remaining)
Elan: +2

[*] Agility (1d10) 1d10 = 8: 8
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
Standing in the waste deep water watching vampires rise from the still surface, didn't bother him. The awkward cyber knight was nothing to disconcerting. Where Castle nearly lost it was the exploding castle and its falling wall of stones. And that monstrosity arising from it.

Castle shook his head, that thing would likely be something out of his meager skills. He considered changing locations.

He moves to a spot away from the Shadow Dragon but in sight of and hearing of Peter.

Persuassion 13 _
[*] Persuassion (1d8) 1d8 = 8: 8
[*] Aced! Persuassion (1d8+8) 1d8+8 = 13: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
"Peter. It would be best if you clarified which side you are on. This situation is going to get real intense. I don't want it on my conscience when you die as bystander."

"Pick your side Cyber Knight and let this battle commence."


Pahi Oki
Spirit 7 _
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Spirit (1d10) 1d10 = 4: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Agility 6 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Agility (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Having seen most of the scene sometime before, Pahi Oki is ready for even the falling rocks.

Pahi Oki utilizes the disipating steam to shroud (illusion) the members of the 32nd.

Focus 8 _
Steam Trapping
Illusion: 3 PP
Strong: 2 PP
Greater Illusion: 1 PP

Total PP: 6 (8 of 20 remaining)

[*] Focus (1d10) 1d10 = 8: 8
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
Its as if the steam continues to rise and every one of the team members disappears in the steam, including the vehicle and the power armor jock.

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Kuikku » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:14 am

rolls
Agility: 3, Toughness 20, no damage
Spirit: 8, no Fear
Agility: 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2

Spirit: 1d12+1 = 4: 3
Wild: 1d6+1 = 7: 6
Ace: 1d6 = 5: 5
As the castle explodes Kuikku dodges the bigger pieces but several smaller chunks hit him and glance off his armor. Seeing the monstrosity he turns to Peter. "Fine, you can't let me kill you. What about just trying to knock you out? Or how about giving us information? Does that thing have a weakness we can exploit?"
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Deezy looked around for the biggest gun handy, and noticed the Mountaineer, with its rooftop railgun. She nodded.

"Someone hop on the turret!"

Her hands flew, creating a couple of devices that resembled tubes made of wire and metal plates, each about the size of a toothpaste tube. One of them she snapped onto the railgun, aiming it along the weapon's field of fire. The other fitted onto an open rail on her Omniblaster.

Then from the backpack of her armor a flurry of small drones whirred out and swarmed into the air far above. They assembled overhead a strange hexagon of glowing lines and swirling nodes of technology. Between those lines, a portal opened. On the far side of the portal...the glowing of the sun itself, as if seen from a window much closer.

"Hit it with the targeting beam, and it'll focus the portal onto what you hit!"
shouted Deezy, and she scurried back to take cover behind the ATV.

Rolls: Create Smite gadget 5, Cast Exalted Smite on ATV railgun and Omniblaster 10 (+8 damage, sunlight trapping)
TW to assemble Smite gadget (-2 MAP, +2 Machinist): 1d12 = 4: 4 or 1d6 = 5: 5
Repair to attach 'Exalted Smite' to weapons (-2 MAP) 1d10+2 = 10: 8 or 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Adds +4 damage, makes trapping of Sunlight on success. x2 damage on raise
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:57 pm

Agility coming off Hold 11
Agility 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace! 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Fear Check 12+ - Pass

Spirit 1d12 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace! 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Actions

Shooting the....thing, while moving the ATV out of the circle of light.
Bonus: +4 from matter of size, -2 from unsteady platform, -2 autofire
ROF 3
Shooting 1d8 = 5: 5
Shooting 1d8 = 2: 2
Shooting 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

Bennie to reroll (How does elan work?)

Shooting 1d8 = 4: 4 = Hit
Shooting 1d8 = 3: 3
Shooting 1d8 = 8: 8 = Raise
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6 = Raise

Damage:
Base: 3d10+4 AP14
Raise: + 1d6
Giant Killer: + 1d6
Smite: +8

Damage 1 (non raise)
3d10 = 17: 3, 9, 5 + 1d6 = 2: 2 + 12
Total: 31 AP14

Damage 2 (Raise)
3d10 = 11: 2, 7, 2 + 2d6 = 6: 5, 1 + 12
Total 29 AP14

Damage 3 (Raise)
3d10 = 18: 10, 3, 5 + 2d6 = 9: 3, 6 + 12
Running Total: 39
Aces: 1d10 = 10: 10 + 1d6 = 5: 5 = 15
Running Total 54
Ace! 1d10 = 8: 8
Total= 62 AP 14
Toshiro fires the suped up rail gun at the shadow monster, doing 31 AP 14 (nothing), 29 AP 14 (nothing) and 62 AP14 damage (3 wounds)
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls


Edit Signature

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Round Two of the Fight: Bad Guys’ Turn

The shattered debris of the Jungle Castle rain down around the 32nd, doing little damage but making lots of noise. One rather sizable stone crashes into Toshiro with resounding force, but simply bounces off the silent warrior; he’s far tougher than he might look at first glance.

The stalwart members of the SET mostly endure the terrifying visage of the massive dragon-creature before them, though Norona certainly feels fear’s icy grip on his heart.

White Castle, recognizing when small arms are of no more use here, moves towards Peter of Wright, entreating the big Cyber-Knight to come to their side, while Kuikku probes the enthralled Knight’s previous answers for more information.

“Would that I could join you, or tell you more. But my master has heard what’s going on, and he has orders. I’m sorry. I wish I could ignore the commands coming from this damnable piece of jewelry. But as long as it’s around my neck…” He leaves the rest unsaid, but his intent is pretty clear: he wants you to get the necklace off of him!
Necklace
The SET knows from experience that necklaces like the one Peter wears are all but indestructible. Sierra managed to melt one - along with its wearer - when you first encountered vampires, but you have otherwise not seen one damaged. You can hit the pendant on the necklace with a called shot at -4, or you can try for the chain (which looks like common steel) with a called shot at -6. You can also attempt to grapple Peter and remove the necklace that way.
You can tell it is with some reluctance, but Peter does finally move towards Kuikku and begin an elegant series of attacks. Even moving with reluctance, the big Cyber-Knight is no slouch in combat.
Peter’s Attacks
Fighting attack one: 13 (hit)
Fighting attack two: 10 (miss)
Fighting attack three: 8 (miss)
Damage from attack one: Str + 3*Spirit AP 4 = 19 MD AP 4
In a flurry of blows that are almost too difficult to track, Peter lashes out once, twice, three times at Kuikku, his psi-swords a blur. Fortunately, Kuikku’s own skills are almost a match for the legendary Knight, and Kuikku manages to avoid or deflect most of Peter’s strikes.

Kuikku is hit one time and takes 19 MD AP 4 (2 Wounds)!

Meanwhile, the vampires and the giant monster attempt to see through the shroud of steam that Pahi Oki has summoned.
Bad Guy Notice Rolls
Big Monster: Fail
Vampires: All Fail
Fortunately for the team, their foes are unable to pierce the veil of steam. The vampires take the defend maneuver while trying to see you, and are at +2 Parry.
Big Guy Soaks 2 Wounds, 1 Wound Remains
Vigor: 8 (2 bennies spent), 1 Wound

Smarts roll: success
Spirit to Unshake: Success
Spirit -1: 5
The beast reels with the impact of the railgun, enhanced by Deezy’s magic, and lets out a massive roar. Suddenly, he seems uninterested in banter and, undeterred by the illusion, the creature simply attacks the spot where he can’t see; his massive clawed hands are as large as the illusion itself!
Big Guy Attacks
Stomp one: 12
Damage: Strength d12+18 + 2d6 + 18 - size of target + 1d6 (raise damage)
Norona: 42 MD AP 10
Deezy: 53 MD AP 10
Toshiro: 48 MD AP 10
Sierra: 53 MD AP 10
Pahi Oki: 51 MD AP 10
Miguel: 54 MD AP 10
Mountaineer: 47 MD AP 10
Kuikku: outside area of effect
White Castle: outside area of effect

Stomp two: 5
Damage: Strength d12+18 + 2d6 + 18 - size of target
Norona: 55 MD AP 10
Deezy: 56 MD AP 10
Toshiro: 43 MD AP 10
Sierra: 49 MD AP 10
Pahi Oki: 59 MD AP 10
Miguel: 42 MD AP 10
Mountaineer: 39 MD AP 10
Terrifyingly, the massive clawed hand descends inexorably towards the members of the 32nd. Fortunately, it’s impossible to hide such an attack, and everyone outside of the Mountaineer may make an Agility roll at -2 to dive for cover, except for Toshiro.

Because Toshiro is on top of the Mountaineer, his Agility roll is tougher, and must be made at -4. On the other hand, he gets a Benny for choosing to have his character in a cooler spot, rather than inside the armored Mountaineer.

Anyone who makes their Agility roll manages to get out from under the giant clawed hand just before it impacts the ground. Anyone who does not make their roll takes a truly insane amount of damage:
  • Norona: 42 MD AP 10
  • Deezy: 53 MD AP 10
  • Toshiro: 48 MD AP 10
  • Sierra: 53 MD AP 10
  • Pahi Oki: 51 MD AP 10
  • Miguel: 54 MD AP 10
  • Mountaineer: 47 MD AP 10
  • Kuikku: outside area of effect
  • White Castle: outside area of effect

Unfortunately, the Mountaineer cannot make an Agility roll to evade the attack, but Conrad may spend Bennies and roll to Soak wounds as normal, per the Ace Edge. Jameson may assist and add +1 to Conrad’s Driving roll for every success and raise.

The creature lifts its hand and smashes it back down to the earth, crushing anyone still left in its radius. If you successfully dove for cover and avoided attack 1, attack 2 automatically misses you; no additional Agility roll required. If you did not make your roll to avoid attack 1, you may attempt to dive for cover from attack 2.
  • Norona: 55 MD AP 10
  • Deezy: 56 MD AP 10
  • Toshiro: 43 MD AP 10
  • Sierra: 49 MD AP 10
  • Pahi Oki: 59 MD AP 10
  • Miguel: 42 MD AP 10
  • Mountaineer: 39 MD AP 10

The roars of rage threaten to deafen you, and you get the unmistakable sense that it would be a mistake to prolong this fight…

The remaining players who have not yet posted an action this round may now go, in any order. If you have any questions, let me know.
Some Big Bad Stats
Big baddie is big, at size +18. Obviously, you all get the +4 to strike him from “Matter of Size.”
He’s also pretty tough, at 64(30) MDC.
He counts as a dragon for weaknesses, thanks to the form he has taken.
He has 1 wound.
Some Peter of Wright Stats
Parry 11
Deflection: -2 to be hit
Cyber-Knight: additional -2 to be hit from tech attacks
Toughness: 23 (10) MDC

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:57 am

Agility 4
-2 difficulty
Agility 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Benny for EE 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Rapid Improved Flame Bolt 6, 9 Raise, -1
-6 Called Shot on steel chain, forgot +2 Adrenaline Surge
Psionics 1d12-6 = -5: 1
Psionics 1d12-6 = 4: 10
Psionics 1d12-6 = 6: 12
Ace 1d12+6 = 7: 1
Wild 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Damage 44, 35
Adrenaline surge +2
Shot 1 6d6 = 20: 6, 2, 2, 2, 5, 3
Ace 1d6+20 = 26: 6
Ace 1d6+26 = 32: 6
Ace 1d6+32 = 38: 6
Ace 1d6+38 = 42: 4
Shot 2 6d6 = 24: 4, 2, 2, 4, 6, 6
Ace 2d6+24 = 29: 1, 4
Raise 1d6 = 4: 4
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle/Tunnels
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 2

“Oh, shit!” Sierra leaped out of the way of the descending claw that nearly crushed the team, managing to roll in the mud and avoid getting squashed.

Sierra rolled to her feet, shaking mud off her, hearing the cyber-knight Peter reveal about his necklace. She remembered the vampires.

“I really hope you packed your burn cream,” she said, rubbing her hands together. Steam rose off them, the mud dried and flaked off as she formed the fire in her hands and shot them at Sir Peter’s neck.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 1: 1
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 9: 4, 5 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Adrenaline Surge: +2 to all Trait and damage rolls on next action
Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Darksight: no illumination penalties (1 hour)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 1/3
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Norona » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:45 am

Death Avoidance, 6 success. Spirit 15, unshaken
Agility 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Benny
Agility 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6 = 2: 2

Unshake Spirit 1d8 = 4: 4 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
PPE Draw - 4
Channelling 1d12-1 = 4: 5
Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Elementals, all evade
Group A (3) 1d8-2 = 5: 7 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Group B (3) 1d8-2 = 5: 7 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Group C (3) 1d8-2 = 2: 4 1d6-2 = 4: 6

Not sure if this necessary, they are invulnerable to non-magical attacks but dragon claws are often considered magic weapons
The sight of the shadow dragon, an embodiment of flame and darkness, temporarily rattles Norona. However, there is nothing like impending doom to snap one back to attention. Diving out of the way of the massive claw strike Norona watches as his elementals simply fade into the pool of water then reform after the danger has passed.

Unable to contribute to the main fight, Norona replenished his spiritual energies and commands his allies.

"You friends, Group A and B, "Keep the vampires at bay."
Waterspout 14, 21, 24 rushing water damage to 3 cone templates
A: Shooting 1d8 = 1: 1 Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
B: Shooting 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6 = 4: 4

Damage B (raise): 3d10 = 14: 1, 7, 6 1d6 = 1: 1
3d10 = 12: 3, 8, 1 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 3: 3
3d10 = 20: 8, 9, 3 1d6 = 4: 4
"The rest of you, Group C, "Hose down Sir Peter so the others may remove the amulet."
Waterspout
C: Shooting 1d8 = 7: 7 Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage (non-lethal)
2d8 = 6: 4, 2
2d8 = 8: 7, 1
2d8 = 7: 5, 2
Please Sir, More (Pacifist Hindrance)
Using non-lethal attack to subdue Sir Peter is playing to my Pacifist hindrance and certainly benny worthy right? Right?!
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:50 am

Peter’s Soak Rolls
Vigor to Soak 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 4: 4
+2 from Edge
Soak 3 wounds, take 2

Second soak 1d10 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
-2 from wounds offsets +2

GM benny 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 6: 6 + 1d6 = 2: 2
Peter is rocked by the first of Sierra's blasts, which cuts the chain of the necklace around his neck clean through. The second fireball engulfs the necklace itself, consuming it until it is so much slag.

Unfortunately, Peter himself is also partially immolated, even through his incredible armor, and he falls to his hands and knees in the water, his psi-swords disappearing. Norona's elementals assist just in time, spraying down the big man and dousing Sierra's remaining flames.

Peter starts to laugh. It is a weary sound, like a man on his way to the gallows who has just heard a funny joke. "Well done, burster. Well done you lot." He casts his eyes up at the big creature and smiles. "It's basically just a big dragon now, isn't it? I don't know its name, but it isn't from earth, and it has taken this form, this mortal form, so it can live on our world. Just have to kill it, is all. It will die like anything else."

A look of agony crosses his face. "Dammit. I can't stay. With the necklace off, I have standing orders to return to my master, and I can't ignore them. I can't even tell you where he is; he was smart enough to forbid that sort of direct meddling. But I can tell you... it's a city on the coast that may or may not rhyme with "pair of shoes." If you should survive this, tell Coake that's where they have me. He'll know what to do."

With that, Peter begins to limp off rather quickly, skirting the battle and heading South.

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Deezy Klatta » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:45 am

The sky turned black as the shadow of a truly monstrous foot came between Deezy and the sun. She had time for exactly one squeaky, 'eep' before her heavily modified jetpack went off seemingly of its own volition, propelling her in crazy swooping arcs away from the impact zone as she yelped, "WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Her exclamation was cut short as she landed on her back and skidded along for a few feet before the rockets cut out and she was able to struggle to her feet as the earth rang like a gong when that foot struck it. Her friends!

With an enraged shout, Deezy lifted the Omniblaster and set it to charge. The weapon seemed to unfold lenthwise, becoming the size of a sniper rifle or other heavy weapon. The barrel split into four slices, expanded outward, then resealed to give itself a much larger boresize. Overhead, the dimensional portal roiled and burned.

She lowered her goggles over her eyes and squinted as her finger pressed against the weapon's trigger. Any second now...

RollsL Agility 6
Agility: 1d6-2 = 3: 5 or 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Throwing a benny for EE (goodbye EE!) 1d6 = 3: 3

Yay!

(NEXT TURN'S ACTION)
Now to return fire (Shooting for Onslaught with Omniblaster): 1d10+2 = 7: 5 or 1d6+2 = 6: 4 to hit, for:
7d6+10 = 37: 2, 4, 3, 5, 3, 6, 4 damage, AP 2; smite changes the trapping to sunlight; 5 PPE spent from reserve
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6 Again 1d6 = 6: 6 AGAIN 1d6 = 6: 6 IT'S HAPPENING 1d6 = 6: 6 NANI?! 1d6 = 3: 3
64 damage, AP 2, sunlight trapping
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:30 am

Near Death Experience? - 9 - He Lives!
Agility 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

-1 bennie to reroll, with Elan
Agility 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2

-1 bennie to not die

Agility 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Ace! 1d8+8 = 13: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Before he has the opportunity to silently gloat over his enemy, Toshiro sees the shadow beast start to raise its massive claw. There is no doubt what is coming next.

Why the hell did I buckle the harness.... Toshiro thinks as he fumbles with the release.

His hands grow more frantic as the claw reaches its pinnacle in height and starts to descend. Just as Toshiro is sure this is the end, the latch releases. He jumps from the turret seat, still holding on to the harness and swinging in an arc. From outside the area of impact, it looks like Toshiro is crushed beneath the attack, but someone posted at just the right angle would see Toshiro let go of the harness and fly through the gap between claws, landing in the swamp water just outside of the impact and being swept away by the wave of water the ensues.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls


Edit Signature

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Pahi Oki: Attack 1 Agility to Dodge, 8 _
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Agility (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
[*} Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1

Benny for Extra Effort (2 of 3 remaining)
[*] Extra Effort (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Kuikku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Wound soaked
Vigor 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Peter's attack does not come as a surprise and Kuikku is able to deflect most attacks into glancing blows. One slice does get through but Kuikku turns with it and the blade fails to penetrate anything important. Suddenly, Peter's head and shoulders are covered with fire, and almost as quickly a heavy pulse of water puts it out and knocks him to his knees. As Peter makes his comments Kuikku considers the easiest way to bind him. "Pair of shoes?" Kuikku says in confusion. Worry about that after you live. Seeing that Peter is out of the fight Kuikku surveys the battle field.

Seeing that the vampires are more of a nuisance than a real threat Kuikku decides to see what he can do about the Black Beast. With one of its claws attempting to squash everyone else it is very close so he wades through the mini tsunami and takes a few swings.

The first swing connects but obviously does no damage. In an effort to put a bit more power behind the second stroke Kuikku twists his torso just a bit further. Unfortunately, this causes his line of sight to fall directly on Deezy's light source. Flinching from the sudden light in his eyes, combined with being over balanced from the missed swing, causes him to fall onto his back. The only thing that keeps him from taking in a lung full of water is the environmental seal on his armor.

Pulling himself back to his feet Kuikku looks around to check if anyone saw that. Well, I sure hope those big guns can do better than that.

Hit for 37MD, AP4 (no damage); Crit Fail
Fighting: 1d12+19 = 20: 1
Wild: 1d6+19 = 20: 1

Fighting: 1d12+19 = 27: 8
Wild: 1d6+19 = 24: 5

Damage:
Strength: 1d6 = 5: 5
Spirit: 3d12+3 = 25: 10, 3, 9
Raise: 1d6 = 2: 2

Benny to re-roll
Str: 1d6 = 2: 2
Spi: 3d12+3 = 28: 7, 9, 9
Raise: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace: 1d6+36 = 37: 1
Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 20(8)
Wounds: 0
ISP: 12/20
Boost Fighting: 1d12+1
Boost Spirit: 1d12+1
Deflection: -4 to hit melee, -5 at range
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

Miguel
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Miguel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:03 am

OOC Comments
Agility 1d12 = 5: 5 at a -2
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Benny
Agility 1d12 = 10: 10 Again forgot the -2, but enough to dodge)
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Moving 12" up and going on hold, if that's possible
Miguel's Power Armor deftly dodges the disasterous rocks, hitting the boosters to move out of their range. He waits, looking for the best opportunity to use his laser as he lifts into the sky.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Most of the team manages (miraculously) to avoid the incoming attacks by the shadow dragon, but Conrad’s Mountaineer disappears under the beast’s claws! When the giant hand lifts and the water floods back in, the Mountaineer is nowhere to be seen. Whether it is somehow buried or otherwise concealed, you cannot say, but there is no time to check while the fight is raging. Hopefully, Conrad and Jameson are okay.
The Mountaineer
I’m going to say that Conrad is on hold for now. Whenever Alex is able to post again, Conrad and Jameson will have chances to attempt their Fear checks and their Ace rolls and get back into this thing.


Meanwhile, Norona’s elementals attack again, this time evaporating three of the remaining five vampires.

With Peter of Wright gone, the remaining two vampires stalk the edge of the circle of light, waiting for an opportunity to strike but not directly engaging anyone.
Vampires Defend Again
Vamps get +2 to Parry
Meanwhile, Kuikku finds himself prone in the water, hoping no one saw that!
Kuikku
+1 Benny to Kuikku.


Round Three!
  • Deezy: AH
  • Sierra: Black Joker! Everyone gets a Benny, and Sierra gets +2 to rolls and damage
  • Toshiro: 10S
  • Kuikku: QH
  • Norona: 5D
  • White Castle/Pahi: 3S
  • Miguel: On hold; no card
  • Conrad/Jameson: On hold, no card
  • Big shadow dragon: 3H
  • Vampires (2 left): 7S

Okay, Deezy, Sierra, Toshiro and Kuikku may go in any order! Miguel and Conrad/Jameson may also come off of hold at any time before the bad guys go, should they choose to do so.

Once the above players have posted (or a few days have passed), the bad guys will go, and then Norona and White Castle will close out the round.

Good luck!
Some Big Bad Stats
Big baddie is big, at size +18. Obviously, you all get the +4 to strike him from “Matter of Size.”
He’s also pretty tough, at 64(30) MDC.
He counts as a dragon for weaknesses, thanks to the form he has taken.
He has 1 wound, but can take an extra wound due to his size.

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:31 am

Fighting 15
+2 Joker, +2 Adrenaline Surge, -2 MAP, forgot +4 for size
Fighting 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Last Benny to reroll
Fighting 1d6+2 = 8: 6
Ace 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Damage 37 (Raise 41) MDC ignores Armor on dragons
Dragon Blade (Str + d26+2) + Fiery Aura MDC (3d6); forgot Joker damage +2
1d4 = 2: 2 + 5d6 = 11: 2, 1, 6, 1, 1 +2 AP 4
Ace 1d6+13 = 16: 3
If Raise 1d6 = 4: 4
Joker Benny to reroll, makes me out of bennies.
1d4 = 2: 2 + 5d6 = 24: 5, 3, 6, 6, 4 + 2 ignores armor
Ace 2d6+26 = 36: 4, 6
Ace 1d6+36 = 37: 1
If Raise 1d6 = 4: 4
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle/Tunnels
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 3

Sierra shook her head. How could they hurt this thing! She felt something at her hip bump her arm and looked down. The knife from her father hung at her hip.

“Oh, shit. Is it really all up to me?” she wondered, even as she pulled the blade. She wasn’t a fighter, like Kuikku!

Still, almost as if she wasn’t in control of herself, Sierra raced toward the shadow dragon. She stayed in the shadow of his massive claw, hoping he wouldn’t see her as she ran up to his chest and, using all her strength, the adrenaline from the dragon fear still pumping through her veins as she activated her fiery aura around her body, willing it even hotter. (MDC)

The blade pierces the dragon’s chest, and Sierra is brought up short. “Well...fuck…”
Everything Burns
1d10 = 10: 10
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 9: 3, 6 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Fiery Aura MDC: Attackers take 3d6 MDC damage if they hit her with a melee attack; +MDC Armor
Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Darksight: no illumination penalties (1 hour)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 22/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 36/40
Bennies: 0/3
Last edited by Sierra Mackenzie on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Kuikku » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:00 pm

Kuikku continues his two-fisted assault on the leg of the shadow dragon. Even though both blades hit neither one is able to penetrate deep enough to any real damage.

Rolls
Fighting: 1d12+5 = 10: 5
Wild: 1d6+5 = 8: 3
Str: 1d6 = 3: 3
Spt: 3d12+3 = 21: 10, 1, 7
Raise: 1d6 = 5: 5
29 AP4, nothing

Fighting: 1d12+5 = 12: 7
Wild: 1d6+5 = 8: 3
Str: 1d6 = 2: 2
Spt: 3d12+3 = 12: 5, 2, 2
Raise: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace: 1d6+20 = 21: 1
21 AP 4, nothing
Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 20(8)
Wounds: 0
ISP: 12/20
Boost Fighting: 1d12+1
Boost Spirit: 1d12+1
Deflection: -4 to hit melee, -5 at range
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Deezy Klatta » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 pm

The Omniblaster pinged. Deezy grinned. It was ready.

She pulled the trigger.

As many times as she'd done something like this, it always seemed like the first time. A rolling wave of light radiated from the weapon as it drew a line of incandescent white between itself and the shadow dragon. The mud underneath the path of the beam dried and baked, the plants caught in it sizzled and burned away. The force of the blast pressed Deezy back through the soft earth behind her...though her legs stayed braced, she started getting pushed, leaving little divots in the mud in frond of her.

And then the second stage went off. The rift in the sky detected the backscatter from the blaster's impact and wobbled. The hovering instrumentation along its rim swiveled around, directing a suddenly focused beam of raw, blazing sunlight directly down onto the dragon from above...like a giant child playing with an equally giant magnifying glass. Almost immediately there was puff of flame and smoke as anything remotely flammable around the dragon was incinerated...followed instantly by a flash of superheated steam erupting from the swamp under it. The bog was transformed into a desert in the blink of an eye, and still the concentrated inferno of the sun blistered down!

The Omniblaster pinged again, and a few green lights on its stock started flashing yellow. Deezy had to release the firing catch before the whole thing was consumed by the energy it was unleashing.

She slid her goggles up off her now-sunburned face, revealing circles of white, unexposed skin around her eyes, to survey the results of her new and improved gadgetry.

Rolls
Using the attack rolls I mistakenly posted in the previous turn. 64 damage, 2 AP, sunlight trapping.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:45 am

Rolls
Vs. Sierra's Hit: Vigor 1d12+3 = 8: 5 (-1 from Wound factored in)
Wild 1d6+3 = 8: 5
Smarts 1d10-1 = 6: 7
Wild 1d6-1 = 3: 4

Smarts for Deezy's Hit 1d10-1 = 0: 1
Wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6
The creature roars in anger at @Sierra Mackenzie, but before he can do anything about her attack, he his rocked backwards by @Deezy Klatta.

The big guy Soaked Sierra's attack and was Shaken by Deezy's. Please note that, due to his size, he is Hardy and will not suffer a wound from a second Shaken result.

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:45 pm

As the dragon roars in anger, an idea occurs to Toshiro. A slight smirk cross his face.

That just might work... but the timing will have to be perfect Toshiro thinks to himself, only to find that his thoughts aren't truly private.

Nay! Ne'er has a dragon been better slain than by the might of a hero's sword. Draw me and strike the beast down here and now! Death is a lenient sentence for one who has destroyed such a fine vehicle after all!

Toshiro rolls his eyes and focuses closely on the beast, waiting for just the right moment to act.
Agility to interrupt, if applicable
Agility 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls


Edit Signature

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:18 am

In anticipation of Deezy spending a Benny per the Hangout to make her shot a headshot, the Big Bad rolled to Soak: 6, and he is no longer shaken, but another GM Benny spent.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 am

@Toshiro 'Cybermonk', the Big Bad’s Agility roll is a 2, so you interrupt as he rears his head back and shadows pull from the air around him to gather in his maw. He looks very much like a dragon preparing to use his breath weapon.

Miguel
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 am

Re: 21. We're Gonna Need a Bigger SET

Post by Miguel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Miguel
Shooting (Missiles) 29, AP6
Shooting 1d12+4 = 13: 9 - Raise
Wild 1d6+4 = 5: 1

Damage 6d6 = 21: 3, 6, 6, 2, 3, 1
Aces 2d6 = 8: 4, 4
29 AP 6
Unsure what to do Miguel launched missiles at the giant dragon and hoped for the best, maybe he could keep it busy while the others figured out some mystical solution to the problem.

He grimaced as his missile hits home with little effect.

That's what I get for settling on a character concept.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:57 pm

+1 Benny to @Norona for posting on Miguel’s behalf, per Hangouts.

User avatar
Toshiro 'Cybermonk'
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Toshiro 'Cybermonk' » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Shooting: 9 -Raise - Damage 24 AP 16 - Nuthin
Bonuses: +4 for size, -4 for called shot, visibility offset by optics package
Shooting 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace! 1d6+6 = 9: 3

Damage:
3d8 Base + 1d6 raise + 1d6 giant killer:
3d8 = 11: 3, 4, 4 + 2d6 = 6: 2, 4

-1 bennie to reroll, cause why not.

3d8 = 15: 1, 7, 7+ 2d6 = 8: 2, 6
one sad ace... 1d6+23 = 24: 1
If there is one thing you can count on from a dragon.. Toshiro thinks, and the Shadow monster raises its head gathering its breath for an attack.

Toshiro grabs the NG-LG6 laser from the pile of fallen trees where it landed when the mountaineer was crushed.

Engaging the grenade barrel on the bottom of the laser, he raises the weapon and quickly calculates the necessary arc. Aiming for a spot well above the creatures head, he pull the trigger. With a "THWUMP", the grenade launches into the air, traveling on a perfect path and landing in the beasts open maw. After the a moment, the time delay Toshiro had set expires, and a burst of flame and shrapnel spews out of the gathering darkness.

It might as well have been a sneeze for all of the harm it does to the Shadow Dragon. Toshiro silently curses as he sprints away from the others and trying to make it at least difficult for the monster to take them all down at once.
OOC Comments
Toshiro's Character Sheet
Wounds: 0/4; Fatigue: 0/3; [/size]

Parry: 5 (+4 from chip and sword)[/size]
Toughness: 23(12 MDC)[/size]
Active Effects
Chips: +3DT Fighting +1DT Electronics
Sword: +2 DT Fighting, Absorption (Metal and Kinetic), +2 DT Strength [/size]

Notable Edges: Woodsman, Quick, Brawny, I know a Guy, Nerves of Steel, Danger Sense, Improved Arcane Resistance, Ace, Combat Ace, Elan[/size]


Bennies: 1/3 [/size]
-1 for shooting reroll
+1 for commiting near suicide (being outside the vehicle)
-2 for agility rerolls


Edit Signature

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:50 pm

The shadow beast growls and shoots a dirty look in @Toshiro 'Cybermonk''s direction, before continuing to launch its breath weapon at the party.

A massive ball of shadows blasts from its maw, catching Deezy, Toshiro, Miguel, White Castle, and Pahi in its blast radius!

Each must make a Vigor roll or lose one die type to Vigor (though they get a free roll to shake off the effect at the beginning of their next turn).

In addition, each may attempt to Evade (Agility roll at -2). A failure on evasion will result in the following damage (all values are MD):
  • Deezy: 6d6 = 20: 2, 6, 2, 4, 3, 3 = 21 total, as I acidentally rolled the Ace against Toshiro
  • Toshiro: 6d6 = 21: 5, 5, 4, 4, 1, 2 + 1d6 = 1: 1 (Ace, but actually meant for Deezy) = 21
  • Miguel: 6d6 = 17: 4, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1
  • White Castle: 6d6 = 21: 5, 2, 4, 1, 6, 3 + 1d6 = 1: 1 (Ace) = 22
  • Pahi: 6d6 = 23: 6, 4, 4, 6, 1, 2 + 1d6 = 1: 1 (Ace) + 1d6 = 5: 5 = 29
Meahwhile, the vampires prowl the edges of the light, keeping their claws up and ready to defend against any attack (defense maneuver, +2 to Parry).

@Norona and @White Castle may now take their turns!
Some Big Bad Stats
Big baddie is big, at size +18. Obviously, you all get the +4 to strike him from “Matter of Size.”
He’s also pretty tough, at 64(30) MDC.
Parry 7
He counts as a dragon for weaknesses (but not for damage resistances), thanks to the form he has taken.
He has 1 wound, but can take an extra wound due to his size.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Norona » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Norona feels a certain futility at the circumstances, why would the swamp send him here to fight a being he cannot harm?

While he remains wary of the the vampires lurking nearby, Norona is confident his elementals will continue to keep them at bay. Yet, the problem of the shadow dragon remains. Frowning as his elementals spray wildly in every direction with little effect, even his confidence begins to wane. Something needed to shift the battle in their favour. Something large.

Drawing all of his will and combining it with the massive collective consciousness of the swamp Norona reaches into the air around them, plumbing the open skies with his spirit, and animating every molecule with his will. He infuses the air with power acting as a conduit that links the genius loci of the swamp to the swirling winds all around him.
Channeling 8, raise
Channeling 1d12+1 = 8: 7
Wild 1d6+1 = 6: 5



Note: Summoned with a Raise which gives it Hardy...which it already has...maybe another wound instead?
The wind begins to whip and wale as what appears to be a twister forms between the group and the massive shadow dragon. Soon the twister takes on a vaguely humanoid form and then slams into the shadow dragon with the force of a thousand hurricanes.
Air Elemental (Major) Damage: 24 AP 20, 16 AP 20
Improved Frenzy
Fighting 1d12+4 = 12: 8
Fighting 1d12+4 = 9: 5

1d12+8 = 11: 3 1d10 = 3: 3 1d6 = 6: 6 1d6 = 4: 4 AP 20
1d12+8 = 11: 3 1d10 = 5: 5 AP 20
Water Elementals
Targeting Vampires
Group A 1d8 = 1: 1 1d6 = 2: 2
Group B 1d8 = 2: 2 1d6 = 1: 1
Group C 1d8 = 1: 1 1d6 = 1: 1

A 2d10 = 7: 1, 6 2d10 = 11: 5, 6 2d10 = 16: 10, 6 Ace 1d10 = 8: 8
Damage: 7, 11, 24
B 2d10 = 10: 4, 6 2d10 = 14: 7, 7 2d10 = 9: 3, 6

C 2d10 = 11: 10, 1 1d10 = 6: 6 2d10 = 14: 4, 10 1d10 = 6: 6 2d10 = 18: 10, 8 1d10 = 10: 10 1d10 = 2: 2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am

GM Mini Update: The Mountaineer will be available to use again next round, though Conrad and Jameson will remain out of the fight (both are unconscious).

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Deezy Klatta » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:35 pm

On seeing the oncoming blast descend, Deezy squeaks in alarm and rolls away, desperately grabbing one of the little cylinders off her belts. She yanks a cord on it and holds it up, creating a momentarily flash of light that bores into the shadowy magic, poking a tiny hole that she just baaaaarely fits into.
Rolls: Soak 11; wound negated
1d6 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 1: 1
Ace: 1d6 = 5: 5
GM edit: +1 Benny for a very cool Soak description.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 770
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Corrigon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 am

From the two blows, the ATV is mangled almost into oblivion and Jameson takes a blow that knocks her out

Inside, Conrad is trapped and probably bleeding. Whilst the ATV is temporarily submerged, he pulls together enough wiring to force the astonishingly still intact Railgun back into operation

OOC Comments
Mcguyver roll 1d10+2 = 6: 4
1d6+2 = 8: 6
"Oh no Chummer, not going down that easily!" he screams as the ATV resurfaces out of the water, railgun blasting.

1d10+2 = 5: 3 1d6+2 = 5: 3 reading stuff, going for headshot which balanced out bonuses and negatives
3d10+4 = 21: 6, 7, 4AP14
3d10+4 = 22: 2, 9, 7AP14
3d10+4 = 12: 3, 1, 4AP14

bennies to reroll those
3d10+4 = 26: 10, 2, 10 AP14 2d10+26 = 35: 6, 3
3d10+4 = 25: 9, 3, 9 AP14
3d10+4 = 20: 5, 3, 8 AP14
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 pm

White Castle

Shadow Dragon's Attacks on White Castle
Vigor vs Breath Weapon, 5 _
[*] Vigor (1d8) 1d8 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility to Evade, 5_
Scene Modifer: -2
[*] Agility (1d10) 1d10 = 3: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1

Benny to Reroll (2 of 3 remaining)
Elan: +2
[*] Agility (1d10) 1d10 = 1: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
K/History
Scholar: +2
[*] K/History (1d10) 1d10 = 3: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
Castle, even on the fringes of the light is still in the blast radius of the dragons breathe weapon. However, either due to his positioning or shear luck he manages to avoid the entirity of the dragon's breath weapons and actions against him.

Breath Weapon.

The thought triggers a memory of an old book he read one in which a dragon, a dragon named Smaugg. Had sat upon and guarded the very weakness that would do him in. Castle wonders if this creature is likely hiding something that could aid in returning him to wherever he came from.





Pahi Oki

Shadow Dragon's Attacks on Pahi Oki
Vigor vs Breath Weapon, 9 _
[*] Vigor (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced! Vigor (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 9: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
Agility to Evade, 3 _
Scene Modifer: -2
[*] Agility (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3

Benny for Extra Effort (2 of 3 remaining)

[*] Extra Effort (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
+1 Benny for noticing a missed Aced roll in Damage (2 of 3 remaining)

Mega Damage 24
Toughness 16

Vigor to Soak, 4_
[*] Vigor (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
Wounded 1 (-1 to rolls)
Pahi Oki is greatful to the spirits of water and land that he survived the cloud of shadows that descended upon him and the physical barrage of the dragon. The mystic warrior was subdued and that left the dragon and a couple of vampires, whcih flitted around outside the wall of light.

Pahi Oki and the Jungle Castle
Places of Power
Refernce Ley Lines TLPG 119
Max PP is twice normal (20 x 2 = 40)
28 of 40 PP remaining
Locating the vampires, Pahi Oki commands the water to be clean in the areas around them
Last edited by White Castle on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Conditions
Though it is the dead of night, the glow of the little leyline means any Notice or corresponding penalties are made at -2. Knee-deep water means that any movement is counted as difficult ground.

Things Change

Conrad’s unexpected return comes at an opportune moment, and the shadow beast reels from the impact of the railgun’s magically enhanced tungsten rounds.
Big Guy Soaked 1 Wound
Benny spent, Smarts roll made.
Its eyes now focused on the Mountaineer, the shadow beast roars its defiance. ”No more!” it thunders, as it raises its hand high to stomp the three-wheeled ATV.

From inside the ATV, Conrad says to the unconscious Jameson, ”Sorry about this. You were a good friend, and I didn’t mean for it to end like this. But you’d want to take him with us if you were awake, wouldn’t you?”

Conrad flips a switch and pulls a wire as the massive hand begins to descend. “Give him hell, Chummers,” Conrad says into the radio, right as the dragon’s claws come down on the Mountaineer, hard.

A practical tidal wave of swamp water crashes away from the impact, and the team can clearly tell: nothing could have survived that blow, not even their erstwhile Grackle companion and his former-Coalition co-pilot.

A quarter of a second passes, barely enough time to breathe, and the air pressure around you abruptly changes. Anyone not in EBA or otherwise environmentally protected feels their ears pop and then you are all rocked by a massive explosion! The shadow dragon’s roar comes again, but this time mixed with a cry of pain as every ounce of ordinance still inside the Mountaineer (including its store of high explosive missiles) detonates at once. Conrad’s final act of defiance mangles the enemy’s appendage, throwing the shadow dragon backward and spraying shadow and blood around the battlefield.
Conrad’s Blaze of Glory
The Shadow Dragon takes two more wounds and is hobbled, making it unable to fully make use of its second hand to attack. It is now carrying three wounds, and the team needs to cause only one more in order to incapacitate it.
Meanwhile, the splashing and swirling waters, combined with Pahi’s magic, drive the remaining two vampires off. Without Peter there to call any more, it appears that only the 32nd and the gargantuan monster remain in the fight.

Unfortunately, all @White Castle remembers from his studies is that the best way to kill a dragon is to git it very hard where it is least armored.

Action Cards!
  • Deezy- 3D
  • Kuikku- QC
  • Toshiro- 8C
  • Miguel- 9H
  • Norona- 7H
  • Sierra- 6C
  • White Castle/Pahi- JC
  • Shadow Dragon- 2S

The entire team may now go in any order.

By way of reminder: we use (and have always used) the Support rules that have now been codified in SWADE. If you guys want to use Support to help each other out, now seems like a good time for it; every success and raise in any skill used to Support can add a +1 to a teammate’s roll (up to a maximum of +4). Also remember that you can go for headshots at -4 (or, if you are feeling ambitious, eye shots for an additional -2).

If you haven't rolled to Soak damage from the monster's breath weapon, be sure to do that in your post.
Some Big Bad Stats
Big baddie is big, at size +18. Obviously, you all get the +4 to strike him from “Matter of Size.”
He’s also pretty tough, at 64(30) MDC.
Parry 7
He counts as a dragon for weaknesses (but not for damage resistances), thanks to the form he has taken.
He has 3 wounds, but can take an extra wound due to his size.

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:59 am

Pahi can tell that the vampires are gone but the shadow beast is quite formidable and he is uncertain of how to address the issue.

Somehow sensing his concern, White Castle looks the shadow beast over.

White Castle Investigation to Support Pahi Oki's Attack
[*] Investigation (1d10) 1d10 = 7: 7
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
Using the laser sight on his rifle White Castle marks a spot of the underside of the dragon between the front legs and just below its neck. Easily reachable by someone under water.

Pahi Oki draws his Bowie Knife from its sheath on his waste then dives into the water without a splash

Pace 8, Swim 8

Fighting 11, 26 Mega Damage
Matter of Size: +4
Support from White Castle: +1
Wounded: -1
[*] Fighting (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4

Benny for Extra Effort (1 of 3 remaining)
[*] Extra Effort (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3


[*] Strength (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
[*] Aced Strength (1d6+6) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
[*] Damage (1d6+2) 1d6+2 = 8: 6
[*] Aced Damage (1d6+8) 1d6+8 = 11: 3
[*] Bonus Damage (1d6) 1d6 = 4: 4
Just as quickly as he strikes Pahi Oki is back in the water, silent and unmoving like the crocodile.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Norona » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Conrad!

The normally stoic elf is visibly shaken not just by the explosion but by the sudden departure of their team leader. The last of the originals heroes who set out into this heart of darkness. A deep sadness falls over Norona as he considers all that has happened, and all that has been lost. The weight of the situation hits him hard. Yet, all this serves to steel his resolve.

"We must prevail, lest all that we have sacrificed be in vain."
Multi-Action
Channeling to draw power from ley line 1d12-3 = 6: 9 Wild 1d6-3 = -2: 1
Shape Change, Dragon 1d12-3 = 5: 8 Wild 1d12-3 = -1: 2
Drawing from the well of mystic energy nearby, Norona suddenly metamorphs into a massive into the form of a massive Grackletooth, easily ten times to size of the bulk Conrad. In his tribute form, Norona throws back his now massive head and roars at the shadow beast.

Meanwhile, the newly summoned air elemental continues its pummelling attacks.
Fighting 7, 20, AP 20 (meh)
Fighting 1d12+4 = 7: 3
Damage: 1d12+8 = 17: 9 1d10 = 3: 3 AP 20
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Deezy Klatta » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:38 am

"Conrad!!" Deezy shouted as she picked herself back up to her feet. She took a step towards the ATV, but knew even as she did that it was gone, that Conrad was gone. He'd blown the reactor. There was nothing left. He'd given everything up to give them a chance at defeating this monster.

She looked up at it, and for once there was no bright lining, no joke, no positive spin. The only way to help Conrad now was to make sure that his sacrifice meant something.

It was time to get serious.

The inventor yanked a pair of canisters from her belts, flicked the tops off with her thumbs, and threw them out in front of her towards the gigantic beast. She was engineer first and foremost. She solved problems. That's what she did.

The problem? It's hide was too thick to reliably shoot through.

The solution? Shoot it somewhere there was no hide.

Thick silvery mist streamed from the canisters, forming into clouds that hung unnaturally motionless in the air in front of her. Deezy pointed at the monster and said, "Distract it. Punch it. Get it to show me its eyes and feed me targeting telemetry."

The clouds accelerated up and separated into four distinct fogbanks, each composed of millions of tiny flying robots. They began swarming around the vast dragon's head, aiming blasts of directed pulses of air that carried thousands of microbots at its eyes and the scales around them. They couldn't injure it, but they accomplished two things. First, they were potent irritants as they began gnawing and attacking the tender tissues there. Second...they created a kind of film, and immediately broadcast their position back to Deezy's goggles.

In her view, the dragon's eyes were suddenly shining brightly, with perfect data about range and relative position coming through.

She lifted the Omniblaster to her shoulder and braced her feet.

"Hey everyone," she transmitted to the team's comms, "If this doesn't work, I'm probably next so...either it's gonna be yay team, or it's been real nice working with you guys. Don't let it go, no matter what. Conrad deserves better."

The comms clicked off. Then immediately clicked back on. "Oh, and you should probably find some other direction to look at for a second."

Her weapon reconfigured again, extending antenna into the magic-rich air, latching onto the shoulder of her armor with clamps to help steady it. It greedily drank in power, transforming it into raw destructive potential. Storing it. Compressing it. In the sky above the Sun Rift boiled, ready to augment the strike.

The targeting reticule blinked green as the dragon roared and clawed at its face. It blinked and opened its eye wide, trying to see clearly. Deezy heard the tone of lock on.

She pulled the trigger, and the world turned white. Dissolved into light, into sound, into a river of light that burned through armor, banished every shadow, baked every exposed surface. In a flash, the trees lost their leaves and their bark became blackened on the sides that were facing that explosion. And yet, as violent as it was, as untamed...the backblast of the shot was nothing compared to the forces directed with pinpoint accuracy directly into the unprotected eye socket of the shadow dragon. A lance of fusion-temperature energy, like a star in a bottle.

Deezy herself was propelled backwards at some speed, hitting it hard enough to feel through her suit. Even with the protection of her goggles, her vision was nothing but seared white-green afterimage.

Either she was dead, or it was, she figured. Either way...

"That result's for you, Conrad."

Rolls: 50 damage (no armor) and 40 damage (no armor), 1 benny spent, 21 PPE spent (5 from Omniblaster)
OKAY THEN.

Summon! Creating a swarm of flying micromachines that is a retrapped Air Elemental. Then buying 3 more with Force Multiplication. Total cost is 11PPE from Deezy's personal stash of points. This ability has -4 MAP 1d10 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 3: 3

They then make Shooting rolls to try to Assist Deezy's next two actions.
One 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Two 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Three 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Three 1d6+4 = 6: 2

And THEN she opens up with the Omniblaster, targeting the shadow dragon's EYEBALL, for -6, plus the -4 MAP penalties. She has +4 to hit from size though, plus the Assist bonuses...which sadly max out at +4, so maybe she can redirect some of them to help a buddy out too?

Now the shooties:
Shooting with the OB is 1d10+2, +8, -10. Damage is modified by Edge (+2), target location (+4), exalted Smite (+8)

Shot one: 1d10 = 10: 10 or 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage: 7d6+14 = 44: 5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6, eye target location eliminates Armor
Aces 2d6 = 6: 3, 3

Shot two: 1d10 = 8: 8 or 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage: 7d6+14 = 32: 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, eye target location eliminates Armor
Benny to reroll that abysmal damage result
7d6+14 = 40: 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 5, 3
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Pursuit
Game Master
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Pursuit » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:44 am

Soak
Vigor for shot 1 (4 wounds) 1d12+1 = 2: 1 (reduced by 3 Fatigue)
Wild 1d6+1 = 7: 6 + 1d6 = 1: 1

Not bothering with the last Benny because even if he soaks all of the wounds from the first shot, the second shot will get him.
The shadow beast's roar cuts off abruptly as the searing magic from the Omniblaster tears into its eye. There is no exit wound, of course; the creature's hide is too tough for the shot to do anything but bounce around inside its brain, where it is joined a split second later by the magic of Deezy's second shot, for good measure.

There is no further monologue. No final epithets or promises of revenge; the gigantic beast simply falls. It is memorizing to watch something that large falling limply, and then landing thunderously against the ground.

The entire swamp seems to shake with the impact, and the waters once again are thrown into turmoil. Anyone who fails a Strength check at -2 is thrown backwards and lands prone in the water, but otherwise experiences no ill effects.

A hundred thin lines of shadow seep out of the corpse of the beast up into the ley line, where they mix with the magic there and disappear. All around you, the sudden silence is almost deafening.

After everything the 32nd has been through, now is a rare moment of rest.

Make a Vigor check at -4; anyone who fails takes a level of Fatigue from being up all night. Don't worry: it's RP from here out, but it'll be useful information for you to post on.

Now, standing victorious on the field with the enemy fallen, what does the 32nd do in the immediate aftermath of the fight?

User avatar
Kuikku
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Kuikku » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Rolls, fall over and tired
Str: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

Vigor: 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Kuikku growls in frustration. None of his attacks can get through the beasts hide. Maybe I can distract it enough to make it easier for the others to get in a good hit. Just then the Mountaineer surges back to the surface and lets loose a hail of fire. Yea, like that Kuikku grins. But the monsters response is nothing to ignore either. As the giant claw descends Kuikku considers trying to run in and drag Conrad out, but the speed of the attack gives him pause.
Conrad wrote:“Give him hell, Chummers,”

Then the claw slams down. Kuikku knows there is no way anything under there could survive. The Mountaineer is nothing more than a steel plate with some... other stuff between the layers. The explosion catches Kuikku completely off guard. The blast wave from the explosion does more to push him around than the various waves from the monster's stomping attacks.

Seeing the damage done to the beat though Kuikku's heart fills with hope almost equal to the sense of loss. With that hand gone I might be able to get to something that will actually hurt it. If it tries to attack with the other hand it will need to put that one down and then...

Deezy Klatta wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:38 am
"Hey everyone," she transmitted to the team's comms, "If this doesn't work, I'm probably next so...either it's gonna be yay team, or it's been real nice working with you guys. Don't let it go, no matter what. Conrad deserves better."
The comms clicked off. Then immediately clicked back on. "Oh, and you should probably find some other direction to look at for a second."


”Oh, hell no!” Kuikku dives into the water and hopes it will provide enough protection. The light from the attack is so bright, or just so hot it burns enough off, that it is able to pierce the murky water and he is able to clearly see a small footprint in the mud under the water. Obviously reptilian it almost looks like a small raptor foot print. I wonder how the raptor king is doing.

Shaking off the out of place thought Kuikku surges back to his feet in time to see the start of the beast's fall. At first he does not see any wounds that could have been sufficient but then notices the smoke rising from the eyes. ”Yep, that works too.” When the monster finally hits the ground the wave it send out knocks Kuikku from his feet and sweeps him back several meters.

Pulling himself out of the water, for the third time in less than a minute, Kuikku decides to just sit up. As he watches the vapor trails drift up into the lay line he starts to get a little concerned. ”Everyone, is it ok that they are doing that? I don't know much about the lines but do we need to worry about them corrupting some place else? Can we rest a bit before we go there and save it too?” With that he lies back allowing the water to gently lap across his chest. ”I sure hope we can rest for a bit. Oh, crap. We need to go into the wreckage of the castle and see if there is anything else we need to smack around.” He tries to sit up but falls back with a sigh. ”In a few minutes. We will go do that thing in a few minutes.”

Inside his helmet a tear slowly slides down one cheek.
Character
Kuikku
Parry: 8
Toughness: 14(6)
Toughness with Cyber-Armor active: 20(8) MDC

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Norona » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Vigor 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Dice 1d6-4 = -1: 3

The massive wave from the fallen beast washes over Noron'a giant form, rocking him back on his heels a little bit. As the waters settle again, and an eerie silence falls over the battle field, Norona dismisses his elementals and returns to his own form. As he transforms, another wave washes over him - a wave of exhaustion. Not only had they journey through the day and night but so much had happened and so much had been won and lost. Of crouse, now the reality of his own fate begins to set in.

Exhausted, he sets down upon a rock and surveys the scene.

"We did it Chummers."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
White Castle
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 am

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by White Castle » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:43 pm

White Castle

Strength
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Strength (1d6) 1d6 = 2: 2
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
The strength of the blast lifts Castle off of his feet and lays him flat on his back. His armor keeps him from sinking and seals him up tight to keep him from taking on water and drowning. If he was on fire he would have resembled ancient funeral pyres or barges floating on the water.

Vigor
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Vigor (1d8) 1d8 = 5: 5
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 3: 3
Combined with the shear force that knocked him over, his exhaustion has caused him to pass out. He floats listlessly upon the waters of the settling pond.

Castle remembers nothing after waking except the shadow beast disipating.

Pahi Oki

Strength
Scene Modifier: -2
[*] Strength (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 6: 6
The shock wave across the water causes Pahi Oki to rise from the water. The shock wave rolls off of Pahi Oki like water off a duck's back.

Vigor
Scene Modifier: -4
[*] Vigor (1d6) 1d6 = 1: 1
[*] Wild (1d6) 1d6 = 5: 5
He sees White Castle floating in the water, riding the ripples in the water. He grabs the armored man and drags him out of the water. Pahi undoes Castle's helmet while leaning up against a pile of rocks. With Castle's head in his lap, Pahi Oki himself collapses due to exhaustion.

As Pahi Oki lay still and unmoving, the elements came and spoke to him. Commending him for supporting the efforts to restore balance by working with the SET. As this particular vision parted, Pahi Oki was greeted by yet another vision.

In this vision stood a very large Grackle and beside him an equally sized human woman. They resembled @Conrad and Jameson but one thing Pahi Oki had learned about spirits, they should never be judged by thier physical forms. It was obvious that the two figures before him were much bigger as spirits than thye had been in life.

Conrad spoke into his mind, "I need you to deliver this message." and suddenly Pahi Oki's mind is flooded with details and such. Pahi Oki looked at Conrad and shook his head, "I don't speak well enough to convey all that." AS the vision faded, Pahi Oki told Conrad not to go to far, the others would want to speak to him and Jameson and about them.

User avatar
Sierra Mackenzie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Re: 22. The Battle

Post by Sierra Mackenzie » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:36 am

Strength 2
-2 difficulty
Strength 1d4-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Vigor IGNORE. WRONG VIGOR
-4 difficulty
Vigor 1d8-4 = 0: 4
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Vigor 1
Liquid Courage, -4 difficulty
Vigor 1d12+4 = 9: 5
Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Dinosaur Swamp/Jungle Castle/Tunnels
Night
Hot, humid, buggy, everything difficult terrain (knee deep water)
Round 0

Sierra grunted as she struggled to pull her dagger out of the tough hide of the dragon. Fuck! She should just leave it there and run! The good thing was that it kept her out of the line of the monster’s breath weapon!

Then came Deezy’s warning. Sierra gave one more yank, and the dagger came free. She went off at a run as the world lit up, blinding her a bit. She could see enough to sense the shadow of the dragon falling over her.

“Oh, shit!” Sierra picked up speed, sloshing through the mud and water as the dragon impacted behind her, deluging her in a tidal wave of water and swamp filth and sending her flying. Her flames went out and she lay in the mud, exhausted.

But it seemed to be over.

“God, I need a drink.”

Sierra finally pulled herself up and saw the wreckage of the Mountaineer. Suddenly, for once, she was speechless as she thought of poor Jameson. The woman was finally getting comfortable around Sierra. Maybe they might even have hooked up.

Sierra just lay back in the mud, staring at the dull glow of the ley line above.
Everything Burns
1d10 = 10: 10
3-10: Anything highly flammable burns.
6-10: Anything flammable burns.
8-9: Water boils away over 2d6 = 8: 6, 2 rounds.
10: Anything not flammable burns or melts (metal, stone, ceramic, etc) and water superheats and evaporates immediately.
***

Fiery Aura MDC: Attackers take 3d6 MDC damage if they hit her with a melee attack; +MDC Armor
Liquid Courage: Vigor d12, Toughness: 15 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Darksight: no illumination penalties (1 hour)
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Encumbrance: 22/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 14 (6), ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 36/40
Bennies: 0/3
Character Tracker
Sierra Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)
Encumbrance: 25/28
Battle Hardened (armor): +2 to Soak
Combat Reflexes (armor): +2 to Unshake
Danger Sense: Notice to avoid surprise
Improved Nerves of Steel (armor): Ignore 2 points of Wound penalties
Liquid Courage: Vigor d10, Toughness: 8, ignore 1 point of Wounds (1 hour)
Read the Flames
Respect: +2 Charisma bonus when dealing with residents of Avanzada Seca
SLOOT Suit: Armor can become transparent.
ISP: 35/40 (5 locked for armor)
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card
  • Tale Teller: Your hero must tell a story of his group’s deeds to an audience of some sort (roleplay this) and make a Persuasion roll. If successful, the listeners become friendly and helpful to the entire party.
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

Locked

Return to “Adventure Archive”