02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post Reply
User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3821
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Ndreare »

Card 1d56 a card divisible by 4 is a club a 56 will be a severe ambush: [25] = 25



Prepared for an ambush that was not there the War Breakers come through like true professionals moving into a forest that looked like a thousand others. The bright blue glow of the ley line easily illuminates the area around the heroes showing little of interest around them.

If all is well, then the heroes should be in the right place. Though no robots or other technology stands out around their immediate area. But a quick visual look around reveals a coalition platoon only half a mile north of the heroes. Forcing the heroes to fall below the tree line while they decide how to move out from here.

The instructions from Refuge said that War was using some sort of alien super cyborgs as agents, but the area will need scoured. Travel to the reported location of the attack where the previous legion force lost their lives should be possible in less than a day’s travel East from the ley line.




Survival roll -2 to confirm your landing location is as predicted (No default roll allowed, but support rolls are allowed without penalty).

There are small dangers, but little worth mentioning to legendary heroes. Include in your narrative a environmental danger or monstrous animal you deal with. (No roll required for this.)

Tell me how you avoid the CS patrol, or does your group approach them? Do you have a conversation as you figure out the best option?

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Kharis »

Survival !!1d8-2: [7]-2 = 5 , Wild !!1d6-2: [6]-2 = 4
and signals @Cantrell where they are.

The three warriors, Cantrell, @Rolani, and Kharis spread out, taking cover and scouting the area. Kharis leaves his machine gun where it is, on its strap hanging along his back, and instead draws the massive blade of enchanted steel from its sheath. Best to be quiet until it’s really time to be loud.

Within the first hour, they encounter some minor beasts; a pack of massive wolves (Kharis would have called them “dire wolves” back home) sniffing around and stalking them through the woods.

It doesn’t even take killing one to convince the pack to back off, though. After another hour of trailing them, the wolves disappear, either having found easier prey or having decided the small group of warriors just wasn’t worth the trouble. Predators know predators.

When they come across the band of CS, Kharis looks to Cantrell, awaiting his new commander’s orders.

Kharis, Elven Battle Magus
Pace: 8; Parry: 7 normally, 8 w/either sword or .50 cal equipped, 9 w/both swords; Toughness: 17(6); Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Attributes of Note: Berserk; D-Bee; Racial Animosity (Dwarves)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Rolani
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:21 am

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Rolani »

Rolani follows through the rift and joins the others. Not being familiar with the region, she waits at alert while Kharis determines where they are, relative to their final destination.

Dealing with the Wolves is relatively simple, she loads her rail gun with a "blank" and fires it, it simply makes a loud noise, but the wolves know enough to flee. While not as impressively loud as a Boom Gun, it is loud enough to frighten off animals. Her alien metabolism with its high proportion of metals probably does not smell edible anyway.

The CS forces are another question, "These are not going to scare off easily. If there is one of us who seems to be their kind, perhaps we can parley, explain we are hunting demons. Perhaps they can be persuaded either to assist, or that what we are doing is likely suicidal but letting us attack first may weaken the enemy so they can get the glory, and the credit for beating us both, all for less effort?"

User avatar
Cantrell
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell nods when Kharis indicates they've been dropped off at the expected coordinates.

"Deployment's on target, that's always a good sign. Hopefully our reinforcements fare as well," she says. She didn't like leaving Castle Refuge without a full squad, but at a certain point, she'd learned not to argue. The plan would work, or it wouldn't. The battlefield would change and they'd come up with a new plan.

She sends a couple of warning shots of her own after the wolves, but keeps her eyes on he canopy -- she'd noticed some creeper vines moving in a way that didn't seem entirely natural. Sure enough, her enhanced sight (it was still weird as hell, but she supposed she was seeing magical auras now) picked up some sort of psionic communication between the vines and the wolves.

Probably trying to herd us into some kind of trap. Not sure if it'd be worse to be eaten by wolves, or a sentient tree limb.

The Coalition patrol is a more straightforward problem, though not insurmountable.

"I could probably call in a favor, if I really needed to," she says, not offering much more in the way of explanation to her new companions. "Probably easier to keep them at arm's length. Though if we can keep them in our vicinity, we might be able to use them to tie up a mutual enemy later."

Thinking back to her commando training, she starts pulling together sticks and dead branches, forming them into a small pyre, then surrounding that with green leaves and foliage. She gets it lit, but it isn't producing the smoke she'd hoped for.

Survival 3, needs an assist
Survival 1d4: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6: [1] = 1
"Kharis, my woodcraft's a little rusty -- would you give me a hand? I'd like to get a small fire going, enough to put up a bunch of smoke but stacked so it will burn itself out without the whole forest catching fire. Odds are that Coalition patrol will come investigate. If we set another fire every couple of clicks, we may be able to lead them after us, at a distance."
Nadya Cantrell
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 4/3
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note: Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.), Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out), Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table), Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting), Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes), Dodge (-2 to be hit at range), Elan (+2 on rerolls), Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout), Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative), Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)[/list]

PPE: 15/15
Current Effects:

User avatar
Rolani
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:21 am

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Rolani »

Rolani notes, "My people are nomads, we understand how to live off the land. Would you like me to do it?"

She thinks, I did not mention survival skills because it was too obvious, but perhaps I should have.

If granted permission, she will attempt the task.
OOC Comments
Survival 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Survival 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Kharis »

Kharis nods to @Cantrell, but he’s a little too slow; by the time he’s started moving, @Rolani has already jumped in to help and the fire is smoldering nicely.

Better eager soldiers than reluctant ones.

Kharis helps out with Cantrell’s plan as best he can while they try to lead the Coalition patrol away.

Kharis, Elven Battle Magus
Pace: 8; Parry: 7 normally, 8 w/either sword or .50 cal equipped, 9 w/both swords; Toughness: 17(6); Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Attributes of Note: Berserk; D-Bee; Racial Animosity (Dwarves)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3821
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Ndreare »

Dog Boy Squad Survival (Tracking) 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Dog Boy Squad Survival (Tracking) Group Roll 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3


It takes very little time for the S.E.T. to identify the Coalition forces and lure them. Though the Coalition forces do investigate and follow the heroes, they seem almost relaxed about it. The dog-boy pack not chasing and getting riled up, instead the pursuit seems almost leisurely. Twice Rolani caught two members of the small group breaking off, running ahead and trying to get in close to the War Breakers. A strange tactic, but one she easily avoids.

The efforts also reward the team with the opportunity to spot the first settlement. A small village with what seems to be only a few hundred villagers, however upon closing in one the village they see they are not humanoids, instead some sort of gargoyle like winged reptilians. The males have large frills around their face, and horns. The young and the females possessing more muted features.

As they go about their business it becomes obvious the society is a warrior one, aggressive play, and heavy meat based diet. Their structures are crude and built of the local materials with little evidence of advanced technology normally found save for the laser weapons and vibro-blades laying about.


Determine if or how you will approach the settlement. Do you warn them of the CS in the area, do you try to lead the CS away.

Approaching them without conflict will require Intimidation +0 or Persuasion -2 and the ability to speak unknown languages such as a Universal translator or a Speak Languages spell. Using a universal translator will add -2 to persuasion as the device needs time to start picking up the strange new language.

Maybe some creativity for communicating with them can remove the penalty?

Survival -2 can identify the race.

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Kharis »

Survival 1d8!!-2: [7]-2 = 5 , Wild 1d6!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
, but unfortunately does not have a way to communicate with them.

Once he knows, he'll tell the team.

Kharis, Elven Battle Magus
Pace: 8; Parry: 7 normally, 8 w/either sword or .50 cal equipped, 9 w/both swords; Toughness: 17(6); Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Attributes of Note: Berserk; D-Bee; Racial Animosity (Dwarves)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Rolani
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:21 am

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Rolani »

Rolani comments, "I think, judging by the way they are acting, that the patrol wants to speak with us. Perhaps one of us should do so."

When she sights the D-bees , she tries to recall what they are...
OOC Comments
Woodsman edge grants a +2 on survival rolls, that will cancel out the -2 situational modifier.
Survival 1d8!!: [5] = 5
Wild Survival 1d6!!: [3] = 3

If I am not mistaken, these creatures are Gromek, a species from the Palladium Fantasy Universe that, a long time ago, had an advanced magical civilization and fell to barbarism.
Rolani says, "If I am not mistaken, these are Gromek. I met a member of the species once in my travels. I could try speaking to them."

User avatar
Cantrell
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell didn't recognize the D-Bees Rolani identified as Gromek, though she recognized the culture. War-like, with a chip on their shoulders they'd probably refer to as 'honor.' Not too different from the Coalition, in that respect, though the two would likely mix as well as oil and water. Or, more likely, oil and fire.

"Yeah, seems like parlay may be the best option, but we're going to want to keep these guys as far away from the Coalition troops as possible, at least for now. If the two of you want to try to make contact with these Gromek, I can hang back and let a couple of those Dog Boy scouts "catch up" to me for a chat. If anything goes wrong, I'll come running and we'll let the CS and these big boys here distract each other."
Nadya Cantrell
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 4/3
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note: Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.), Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out), Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table), Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting), Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes), Dodge (-2 to be hit at range), Elan (+2 on rerolls), Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout), Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative), Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)[/list]

PPE: 15/15
Current Effects:

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Kharis »

Cantrell wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:38 am

"Yeah, seems like parlay may be the best option, but we're going to want to keep these guys as far away from the Coalition troops as possible, at least for now. If the two of you want to try to make contact with these Gromek, I can hang back and let a couple of those Dog Boy scouts "catch up" to me for a chat. If anything goes wrong, I'll come running and we'll let the CS and these big boys here distract each other."
Kharis nods. "Seems reasonable to me. @Rolani, you have some experience with these sentients? Can you communicate with them? I'm afraid I only speak American and a trade language from back home that would be pretty useless at the moment."

Kharis, Elven Battle Magus
Pace: 8; Parry: 7 normally, 8 w/either sword or .50 cal equipped, 9 w/both swords; Toughness: 17(6); Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Attributes of Note: Berserk; D-Bee; Racial Animosity (Dwarves)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Rolani
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:21 am

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Rolani »

Rolani's antennae droop, "The one I met spoke American, he did not teach me his language."

She had not thought of that difficulty, but perhaps she might remember enough cultural cues from the previous encounter to at least convey a lack of hostility and warn them of danger.
OOC Comments
Not sure what is possible here. Could she have picked up a few words...some gestures, or anything that would help?

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Kharis »

Kharis Spends a Benny
Per conversation on discord, spending a benny to influence the story and find a sorcerer who speaks American.

Kharis, Elven Battle Magus
Pace: 8; Parry: 7 normally, 8 w/either sword or .50 cal equipped, 9 w/both swords; Toughness: 17(6); Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Attributes of Note: Berserk; D-Bee; Racial Animosity (Dwarves)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3821
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Ndreare »

As the heroes approach the Gromek tribe they hold themselves well and easily manage to look both confident enough to ensure safety, while calm enough not to merit an immediate battle. However the creatures begin getting more and more agitated as time goes buy without someone to translate when an older, and larger male comes forward. Eyeing the team and hearing them he looks to two others of his tribe and then saying some incantations and smearing a yellow liquid across his own and their forehead. Suddenly one of them speaks up. “Why do you come to our place of rest strangers. My people want me to kill you, but the Elder says we must speak first.”

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Rolani
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:21 am

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Rolani »

Rolani states, "Greetings warrior, we seek only passage through your lands as we travel on our way to a fight with a great demon and his allies. We knew not of your presence until we came upon you. I was thinking, just now, that if any of your young warriors are seeking to earn a name for themselves, they might do well to join our quest. The battle is sure to be grande and the victory one to be sung about for generations."

She is thinking, These Gromek are a warrior culture much like my own, a bit of flattery and a challenge and some of them might join us.
OOC Comments
Persuasion: 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Wild Persuasion 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11
Dice rolls
1d8!!: [7] = 7

User avatar
Cantrell
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell finds some elevated ground with good sight-lines to wait for the Dog Boy scouts to "catch up." She thinks about setting up some deadfalls or other booby traps, but if things go south and she needs to discourage pursuit, shooting them in the legs will be faster and more certain.

She keeps her radio on in case the others got into trouble with the Gromeks, but didn't interject into the conversation, which sounded like a bunch of grunts and growls and whistles on her end.

Remembering that her new "powers" probably have her smelling like a pile of barbecue to a Dog Boy, she concentrates and does her best to mask her aura.

12 to cast Conceal Arcana, Strong modifier adds -2 to Notice.
Casts Conceal Arcana with the Strong modifier. 2 PPE.

Spellcasting 1d8+2: [5]+2 = 7
Wild 1d6+2: [6]+2 = 8 = Ace 1d6+8: [4]+8 = 12
Nadya Cantrell
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 4/3
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note: Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.), Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out), Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table), Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting), Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes), Dodge (-2 to be hit at range), Elan (+2 on rerolls), Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout), Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative), Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)[/list]

PPE: 15/15
Current Effects:

User avatar
Kharis
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Re: 02 Welcome to the Fist of the North

Post by Kharis »

Kharis gives a slight bow of the head and removes his helmet, a clear sign of his intention to parlay. Seeing no reason to try and derail @Rolani's tactic, Kharis joins in.

"If ever there was a time for warriors, it's now. Though perhaps only your best and bravest; this particular demon is best hunted in a small group."

Persuasion 4, +1 to Rolani's Roll
1d8!+1: [2]+1 = 3 , Wild 1d6!+1: [3]+1 = 4

Kharis, Elven Battle Magus
Pace: 8; Parry: 7 normally, 8 w/either sword or .50 cal equipped, 9 w/both swords; Toughness: 17(6); Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Attributes of Note: Berserk; D-Bee; Racial Animosity (Dwarves)
Character Sheet

Post Reply

Return to “Legendary War Breakers Adventures”