Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Savage Reams EP, New Edges, and Patron Items

Post by Technospawn »

Explorer Points Menu
For context see Experience and Explorer Points

Good In a Pinch
Heroes seem to have that little je ne sais quois which allows them to do just the right thing, just in the nick of time. These rewards let your hero temporarily bend fate in their favour.
(2 EP) Power Flexibility: Temporarily switch trappings on a power, new trapping must be one the character has access to.
(3 EP) Insight: Temporarily use an Edge you qualify for (ignoring Rank) for the duration of the current scene/combat (scene length is defined by GM). This includes power edges.
(3 EP) Realization: Immediately spend your next advance ahead of time. You still owe the experience, however you immediately gain the benefit of your next advance.

Well Fudge
Sometimes bennies, extra effort, and all that just leaves you out to dry. For those times when you just have to succeed, these rewards give you one more kick at the can.
(1 EP) Deny Destiny: Purchase 1 additional Benny for any character.
(1 EP) Inspiration: To add +2 to any Trait or Skill Roll, requires GM notification prior to rolling, does not carry over to re-rolls, and cannot be stacked with multiple EP expenditure.
(1 EP) Uncanny Resilience: Ignore any unwanted result on the fear table, instead treating it as if the character passed his fear check.

Account Unlocks: Are managed through the Standard Site EP menu.

Special Gear
Your hero has access to some special gear. You must include a brief statement of how this item came to your character. A brief story is required for each selection other than the Rich Man's Toys.
(1 EP) Rich Man's Toys: Double your starting wealth.
(2 EP) Something Special: The character gains a talisman or other item enchanted with a minor trait from the bonded heirloom list. This item is not strong enough for personality of its own. The talisman is delivered in an in game manor.
(5 EP) Item of Power: The character gains the benefits of the Bonded Heirloom, meeting all requirements. Selections of this menu item stack with the Edge chain and vice versa. Excepting that only those selected as edges by the character benefit from the Plot Immunity aspect of Bonded Heirloom. (May only be selected once)
(5 EP) A Growing Connection: The character gains the benefits of the Improved Bonded Heirloom advancing one step along the edge chain. Selections of this menu item stack with the Edge chain and vice versa. Excepting that only those selected as edges by the character benefit from the Plot Immunity aspect of Bonded Heirloom. (May only be selected once)
(5 EP) Signature Heirloom: The character’s item of power and growing connection purchases gain the plot immunity of Bonded Heirlooms. (May only be selected once)
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Ellaria

Re: Savage Reams EP, New Edges, and Patron Items

Post by Ellaria »

I'm too new here to have any real thoughts on the Good in a Pinch or Well Fudge menus but I love the special gear stuff. I do have some questions.

Firstly, could the Janissary Brigandine from the patron items be added? Not neccessarily as a freebie but as a third option alongside the bag and something special.

Secondly, is -1 DT to Min Str an option for minor traits? I'm aware it's not on the Rifts TW list which I'm guessing is where the minor list came from, but it would seem to be fitting in a fantasy environment. Mithral armor is a thing, for example, and would seem to be a good something special.
I'm withdrawing this request. Having investigated it some more, this can be worked round quite easily. A longbow with +1 to hit in the hands of a d6 str user is functionally the same as a longbow with a d6 min str requirement, as far as I can tell, and provides growth room. Leather armor with a +2 bonus can be retrapped as mithral.

Thirdly, regarding buying Bonded Heirloom for EP rather than as Edges. If I've read it right, you can buy BH once and IBH once for EP, or BH once and IBH twice as Edges, or you can combine EP and Edges. If you combine, can you then get IBH twice if you buy it once for EP and once as an Edge? If you do it that way, will the Edge purchase get you plot immunity? As an example - buy BH for EP, no plot immunity, buy IBH as an edge, gain plot immunity, buy second IBH for EP, retain plot immunity.

That's all I've got right now, will add anything else that comes to mind.
Ellaria
  • Pace: 8(d8); Parry: 4; Toughness: Toughness(Armor) 6(1)
    Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: None
    Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3; PP: 00/00
    Bennies: 0/3; Conviction: 0/1

Edit Signature
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I like it and think it works fine. But I am biased.

Regarding what @Ellaria asked:
I think reducing strength minimum by 1 die type should be okay. The weapon would still have the same weight for encumbrance, but it sounds like a minor enhancement to me.

While it was clear in Nightbane because we were very tight group. I think the 5 EP BH, and IBH options could be clarified they do not have plot immunity unless you buy Signature item or alternatively you are do a signature item from Patreon Account, in which case it is a Signature Item with BH, and IBH can be purchased.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Felicity Clover

Post by Felicity Clover »

It seems fine to me. Not sure what I'll get. Bag of holding seems necessary, being at max encumbrance, but seems meh. Much rather have something like a magical holy symbol with +1 to Faith or something. Or the extra armor bonus. Not sure.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Felicity Clover wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:55 am It seems fine to me. Not sure what I'll get. Bag of holding seems necessary, being at max encumbrance, but seems meh. Much rather have something like a magical holy symbol with +1 to Faith or something. Or the extra armor bonus. Not sure.
Keep an eye on that encumbrance, it will bite you while you are trying to run from the dragons.
GM Stuff
Initiative

I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Felicity Clover

I know. I'm at 40/40. Sigh. I suppose I will have to take the bag. But really that's only an extra 50 lbs. I don't have a lot of extraneous gear. It's mostly my armor and weapons, which need to be accessible.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Felicity Clover wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:54 pm I know. I'm at 40/40. Sigh. I suppose I will have to take the bag. But really that's only an extra 50 lbs. I don't have a lot of extraneous gear. It's mostly my armor and weapons, which need to be accessible.
Just make sure one of the other halflings in slower than you. Maybe fatten @Roland up a little.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Note, at the end of "Special Gear" you should add the following.

* Note: A character slot with the Patreon Signature Item slot or the 10 EP Signature Item already purchased is considered to have "Item of Power" and "Signature Heirloom". They are still eligible to purchase "A Growing Connection"
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Felicity Clover wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:55 am It seems fine to me. Not sure what I'll get. Bag of holding seems necessary, being at max encumbrance, but seems meh. Much rather have something like a magical holy symbol with +1 to Faith or something. Or the extra armor bonus. Not sure.
You can also retrap your armor is light mithral (reduce weight by have) and save some weight there. Not as much as bag of holding but it does help the encumbrance.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Felicity Clover

Well, my armor is "thick leather", so not really eligible to be mithral, is it?

Anyway, if we have the Patron item (Diamond) AND a Sig Item (I have two available from retired characters), are we allowed two of these special items then? Then I could get the bag of holding (Patron) AND the +1 holy symbol.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Felicity Clover wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:07 pm Well, my armor is "thick leather", so not really eligible to be mithral, is it?

Anyway, if we have the Patron item (Diamond) AND a Sig Item (I have two available from retired characters), are we allowed two of these special items then? Then I could get the bag of holding (Patron) AND the +1 holy symbol.
All Patrons of any level get a bag of holding or "Something Special"

As @Ndreare posted
A character slot with the Patreon Signature Item slot or the 10 EP Signature Item already purchased is considered to have "Item of Power" and "Signature Heirloom". They are still eligible to purchase "A Growing Connection"

So yes you can get the bag of holding and a holy symbol that has +1 Faith and 1 other minor trait.

Since these are not normal sig items instead of posting in the normal item creation page, post them as a reply to your character for review and approval. Remember to include your backstory required for the item.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

The above rules are accepted as written on 5/14/2020 at 14:31 PDT.

Edited for clarity at 17:37 on 05/14/2020
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

OP was edited to remove the bonded heirloom edges.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

Return to “Archives”