The Road North

Post Reply
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Rassalanter / The Sleeping Dragon Inn
2 Mirtul 1370 / 10th bell
Cold and sunny


The morning was waning fast by the time @Felicity Clover returned to the inn driving a heavily laden cart pulled by 2 mules. As she came into the inn and began dispersing winter clothing she could see the party was ready to leave. Although no one want to leave the warmth of the inn, they all knew it was time to earn their coin.

@Ellaria came in from the back room and let Fliss know that Niri and Devan had headed south about an hour ago and had taken the unconscious halfling with them. The barmaid had just finishing scrubbing the blood off the floor and stood up to stretch her back. Look at Fliss she said "You be safe out there. If these guys were willing to brave the storm last night then no telling what they will do next."

Having loaded the wagon with their gear the party set off for the north. From what they knew it would be a hard month of travel if they pushed each day. Good thing the wind had stopped and the sun was out. It was a little warmer than last night and without the biting wind it might be ok for a long walk. The party pushed out of town and made their way northeast along the Long Road.
Directions
It is 35 miles to Amphail and then another 90 miles to Red Larch. You will be spending some nights out in the elements but you need to decide if you will be staying in an inn when you make it to those towns.

With the snow and/or mud you can average about 18 to 20 miles a day without a vigor check. Traveling 22 miles will require a vigor roll and 26 miles will be vigor -2.

Each night you spend out you will in the elements you will need a group survival check. This is at -2 due to the cold but the winter clothes give you +2 so you are back to 0. A success means you survived but consumed one day's rations. A raise means you thrived and found fresh game to eat, more than 1 raise and you do not need to roll for the next day.

Everyone please post RP in this thread to represent your time on the road. Describe what you character is doing to pass the time, what they do along the road, and if they help in camp. Also post RP between the players. I will post every few days to mark the passage of the days.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Support roll for the group Survival check 8; +2 to the Survival roll
Faith 1d10!!+1: [7]+1 = 8 Wild 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
Rassalanter/The Sleeping Dragon Inn
3 Mirtul 1370/Early morning
Freezing Storm

Felicity smiled as Clay walked in and saved the situation by playing up her role in events last night. She thought he overdid it, and since when was she the leader? But it saved them money. And she blushed when he winked at her. Clay was handy to have around when loading the wagon, too.

“Thank you,” Fliss told Clay as they headed back to the inn with their purchased supplies. “These will not get us the entire way to Silverymoon, though,” she said. “We will eventually need to hunt and forage, or stop at another town along the way.” Felicity stopped to get her undergarments from the laundress, and they returned to the inn.

Morning came early, and they all dressed warm and headed out. The roads were a bit muddy and soggy with the snow, but they still made some good time. Felicity took her turns on the bench, either driving or on watch riding shotgun. The rest of the time she was in back with the others, huddled under blankets among the supplies. When they camped, Felicity helped put up the pavilion as best she could, then took cooking duty if they were lucky enough to get fresh game rather than rations. She took pains to bless the hunting parties with Tymora’s good fortune before they went off.

[I say we travel the 20 miles a day since we aren’t in a hurry, and we stay at inns in Amphail and Red Larch for good beds and good food to preserve supplies.]
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (20 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (10 days)
Water for 7 (10 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 7 sp, 5 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Ellaria - female half elf archer
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Healing
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Wolves Support with Notice, 1d6!!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Wolves Support with Notice Group Roll, 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Survival, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [2]+1 = 3
Survival Wild Die, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [2]+1 = 3
Benny to Reroll
Survival, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [3]+1 = 4
Survival Wild Die, 1d6!!+1 Support from Wolves: [2]+1 = 3


As we settle in for breaks and at night, before heading out to hunt I show my companions that you want to go under the trees so they block some of the cold and you will be more likely to find food and good kindling. I show them how to start a fire in snow. “Dig two feet deep and line the bottom with thick logs cut the same length, to keep it only as big as needed to extend the wood for as long as possible. Stretch the tarps over the lower branches, or when needed at night to dig a snow cave.” Then she walked them through some other survival tips before she sets out to gather food.
Unfortunately tonight's hunting did not render food for everyone. But a skilled hunter knows not all hunts end in a kill.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

1d4!!: [1] = 1
wd 1d6!!: [5] = 5

Clay isn’t an experienced survivalist. Most campaigns he marched along in line and other specialists did the hunting or such. The fighter is happy with his attempts, at least he didn’t screw anything up.

During the trip he attempts to chat with everyone a little each day.

Each night he tries to engage the group in group conversation.
OOC Comments
Short post. Sorry. Slammed with paperwork at work. I’ll try adding more as I can. Thank you.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - male drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

Truth be told, Llolfaen hadn't done much travelling on the open road. She'd mostly stuck to moonlit rooftops and dark alleys, though on the few occasions that she'd travelled to a different city she had done so via the Underdark. The rolling fields, thick forests, lonely farmsteads and little villages were bit of a novel experience for her. She realised that she was perhaps a bit naive when it came to the wilderness of the surface world, though it was something that she tried not to let show. Despite the winter cloak she'd brought, she still felt the chill seep in and relished the opportunity of a warm bed whenever they stopped at an inn.

With her travelling companions she remained cold and distant, only giving short and curt answers when attempts were made to converse. She also deflected prying questions, preferring not to blab about herself nor her past. She wasn't sure whether Clay had told the others about her heritage, so she kept a wary eye on him especially whilst taking extra care to ensure her features remained hidden.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland was more than happy to let the team travel as fast as they wanted, having secured himself a place in the wagon the effort was very little for him and so he was not much for complaints. As Ali performed the lions share of the work with hunting down spare food and her hounds seemed to do well at feeding themselves, even if not bringing in enough for everyone he only felt a slight disappointment when she reported back without food. "No luck today, but I am sure you will have some tomorrow." He said with a genuine cheerfulness. The cold seemed to not only not bother him, but he would often be scene with barely any clothes on as if it where a summer swelter.

As the others begins forming around the camp at night he set his attendants to work, each taking on the needed chores for keeping everything well. "So we have a warm fire, plenty of food from town, and the hounds are keeping us safe. Do we even need watches now that they are hear?" He did not know the rules for such things, and truth be told his naivete was clear as day. The man obviously led a charmed life and did not fully understand the dangers of the wilderness.

Looking to the two more experienced warriors Roand asks @Ali and @Clay "So once we get up there and answer the call, how long do you guys think this will take. Are we looking at days or perhaps weeks before it is settled?"
Roland, 4 bennies 1 Golden Benny
3rd Q 2020 Reset: 4

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

“Depending on how this plays out, it can range from a few months, to decades. You can’t guess when it comes to war. We pretty much just have to fight our hardest and hope that it's the invaders that fall into the void.
“We will also want to set up watches in case something happens. Even if we’re not attacked by thieves or more assassins, there may be predators my wolves can’t handle. I don’t wish to see them injured unnecessarily for a mistake I or we might make.”
She looks to @Clay, “What do you suggest?”

She waits until @Llolfaen is alone to talk to her. “Do you know anything about these attacks, or were you not informed before you left?”
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"No." Llolfaen answers, giving @Ali an annoyed look. "I know much about them as you do."

"Do I look like I have a hand in them?" Asks Llolfaen. "Am I expected to stab somebody in the back here?"
Main Account: stormwell

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Amphail/Long Road
4 Mirtul 1370/Late Afternoon
Sunny and warming

Just a few days ago had been a fierce winter storm followed by bitter cold and now the day was getting warm enough that the snow was melting. The melting snow was making a muddy slushy mess of the road. The mules were working hard to pull the wagon and travel was slower than expected. Finally cresting the small hill just south of Amphail they could see the small village. The party had planned on being there for the mid day meal but at least they could look forward to a hot dinner and maybe a warm bed.

As they approached the village they could see an inn of the west side of the main road with a sign proclaiming it to be the Stone Stallion. A group of 8 Waterdehavian patrolmen left the inn and and retrieved their mounts. As the patrol neared the party the leader looked over @Clay and nodded his head.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Kolga
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 11, 2020 8:13 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Kolga »

Kolga had mostly been keeping spirits high during the trek. Using his knowledge of legends through poetry, he suggested that most conflicts could last year's, and to be prepared to last the long run.

Performance 1d8!: [5] = 5
Wild die 1d6!: [5] = 5
Kolga
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 8(3); Toughness: 11(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • None
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3;
Bennies: 3/3; Golden Benny: 0/1
Edit Signature

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Since morale is critical to an army. I will allow @Kolga performance roll to add to your survival checks. After you leave town you next survival check will be +1.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »

Clay nods at Roland, “I’d plan for the worst case, hope for the best”.


Answering Ali, “This is a lot different than marching as a troop. I bet the barbaric fellow has some solid survival skills. Don’t wear out your wolves, I’m not so good at survival but I am good at watching. I’ll keep my eyes open.”


Technospawn wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:23 pm

As they approached the village they could see an inn of the west side of the main road with a sign proclaiming it to be the Stone Stallion. A group of 8 Waterdehavian patrolmen left the inn and and retrieved their mounts. As the patrol neared the party the leader looked over @Clay and nodded his head.
As the Party passes by the Waterdehavian’s Clay pulls out a locket. It’s a Emblem of the Flaming Fist, out of Baldur’s Gate. Stamped in it, R E T I R E D. It’s not a Water Deep organization but is bound to be known by these soldiers.

“Greetings good men. Can you tell me any news? I thank you for your service!”

After talking with the fellows, Clay heads in towards town. Looking forward to a warm bed.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - male drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open

User avatar
Ali
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Ali »

Ali blinked at Llolfaen as her hand twitches, wishing for it to be resting in the soft fur of her wolves instead of empty in her lap. “I am sorry, I should have been thinking before I spoke. I just thought that since you were one of them you might know something. No, I don’t think you're going to try and kill one of us, after all, you had your chance when others of your kin attacked us at the inn.”
Although, you do look and act a little suspicious, hiding your face like that, not talking to anyone unless forced and then your replies were short and rude. Ali thought sourly, she immediately felt guilty, of course Llolfaen hid her features, she was a Drow, and she probably didn’t like being blamed for things she most likely had nothing to do with. Llolfean would be killed if others saw her heritage. I can’t blame her for trying to survive.
Ali, 2 Bennies
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Healing d6, Language (Elven) d8, Language (Linguist #2) d6, Language (Linguist #3) d6, Language (Native) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Curious, Loyal, Quirk (When nervous figets with pets.)
Edges: Beast Master (Jager (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Kampfer (a dire wolf)), Beast Master (Mond (a dire wolf))
Armor: Leather Cap, Leather Jacket, Leather Leggings
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Bow (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6, ROF 1), Knife/Dagger (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: 40x Arrows/Quarrels, Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts), Quiver (holds 20 arrows/ bolts)
Languages: Elven (native, d8), Linguist #2 (d6), Native (d6), Linguist #3 (d6)

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

"They were not my kin." Llolfaen said sharply and turned away, indicating that the conversation was at an end.

So it did seem that some of the others were aware that she was Drow, though none appeared to be taking any action against her. Though how long would that last? Were they waiting for the right bounty? Should she take her dues and leave?

But where would she go?

That was the issue, being right in the middle of the surface world's wilderness and the Drow being on the warpath. As much as she was loathed to admit it, she was stuck with the party for the time being. Though she would remain watchful to see whether any of them would raise their hand against her.

That was going to be a day that wouldn't end well.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland spent the days lounging about. Whenever he was called on to do work he always found a way to have one of his attendants do it for him, or to use him magic to perform the task. When he hears the answer to his query he frowns. "Years? I mean I am in it for a while, but I do not think years." he mumbles to himself.
I am sure a simple notice roll would let anyone else be able to hear his whining.
Roland, 4 bennies 1 Golden Benny
3rd Q 2020 Reset: 4

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

Clay wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:17 pm

As the Party passes by the Waterdehavian’s Clay pulls out a locket. It’s a Emblem of the Flaming Fist, out of Baldur’s Gate. Stamped in it, R E T I R E D. It’s not a Water Deep organization but is bound to be known by these soldiers.

“Greetings good men. Can you tell me any news? I thank you for your service!”
Seeing the Flaming Fist the Civilar looked at Clay and set a weary look on his face. "No good news. With this damn war up north all sorts of nasties are come out of the hiding and heading that way. Two days north we ran into a nasty group of bugbears and hobgoblins. I lost four men in that fight including my Armar. I would high advise all to stay off the roads and keep to the towns." Turning to assess their group his eyes lingered on their wagon. "you look like you are planning a long trip. Might I inquiry were you are heading?"
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Technospawn wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:04 am
Turning to assess their group his eyes lingered on their wagon. "you look like you are planning a long trip. Might I inquiry were you are heading?"
Roland not really wise enough to keep silent pipes up. "We are heading up to fight the war. Lots of trouble and we are the heroes needed to save the day." Then taking a bow he introduces himself. "Roland of Marland, High Sorcerer, and lover of women. A pleasure to meat you." The confidence and certainty in his voice makes it clear, that while small the halfling speaks the truth.



I doubt it is needed, but just in case.
Intimidation or Persuasion if needed 1d12!!: [6] = 6
Wild die 1d6!!: [1] = 1
Roland, 4 bennies 1 Golden Benny
3rd Q 2020 Reset: 4

User avatar
Clay
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Clay »


Glancing at Roland, Clay nods at the halfling. Looking at the leader of Waterdeep soldiers, Clay nods at them.

“Yes. We are off to the north. In our own way we will be fighting the war. Good people will be in need of Healing and other services. I doubt our little group will sway the war much but we can be there to support the survivors and help as we can. We will heed your words and try staying to safe locations. If I get an opportunity to extract revenge for your fallen I will. Now, good gentlemen I am in need of warmth and a brew. Be safe.”

Clay motions for the wagon and his friends to hurry along. He knows these soldiers are likely good guys but it’s best to not linger and possibly upset them. Soldiers tend to think lowly of mercenaries and even less of Adventurers.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed 111 P.A. (2397 A.D. - canon Rifts Time)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! 68 P.A. (2354 A.D. - the past dude!)

Damien - Momano (Rifts 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (Rifts 21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kashbrook RST!
Erin Tarn RST!
  • Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
  • Clay - male human fighter
  • Roland - male halfling sorcerer
  • Lolfaen - male drow rogue
  • Ali - female half elf ranger
  • Kolga - male elven skald
  • Open
  • Open

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Technospawn »

The soldiers watch as Clay and the others start moving towards the village then turn and continue their patrol back to Waterdeep. As the party continue down into town they see several villagers hard at work repairing buildings damaged by the storm. As the wagon pulls up in front of the Stone Stallion a stable boy comes out from behind the inn.

"Planing to stay the night gov'ner? I can feed the stable the mules for 8 copper each. You just head inside and get warm by the fire. Master Thorn sure to have a good meal ready in a few."
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

User avatar
Llolfaen
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Llolfaen »

During the interaction with the soldiers Llolfaen had stayed silent, though her hand strayed near one of her daggers. Thankfully the soldiers did not press them and let the party past, though Llolfaen only relaxed a little as they made their way to the inn. Ensuring her hood is pulled down to obscure her face, she proceeds into the building with the rest of the party, though she remained alert.

Once in the common room of the inn, she found herself a chair and sat down.
Main Account: stormwell

User avatar
Felicity Clover
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:02 am

Re: The Road North

Post by Felicity Clover »

Amphail/Stone Stallion
4 Mirtul 1370/Late Afternoon
Sunny and warming

Felicity was unusually quiet on the trip, huddled down in the wagon with Roland. She had focused on her meditation, and found herself with new prayers to aid them in their journey. When they reached Amphail, she hopped out and counted out the coppers for the stable boy. “Thank you,” she told him. “Take good care of them. They’ve been real troopers!”

The sun glistened in the halfling priestess’s red-gold hair as she headed for the Stone Stallion.

“Hail and well met, tavern master!” Fliss called. “Blessings be upon you and yours, and may ill-fortune be far from you!”

[How much food and feed did we use on this leg of the trip? I’ll need to update the inventory, and maybe buy more for the next leg.]
Party Loot
2 mules
Wagon
Feed for 2 horses for a tenday (20 days)
7 sets of winter clothes
Rations for 7 (10 days)
Water for 7 (10 days)
Pavilion
Dagger of Venom (1 lb) +1 Fighting, once per scene inflict lethal poison
Party fund: 3 pp, 164 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp
Party
Felicity - female halfling priestess of Tymora
Clay - male human fighter
Roland - male halfling sorcerer
Lolfaen - male drow rogue
Ali - female half elf ranger
Kolga - male elven skald
Character Tracking
Felicity Character Sheet
Parry: 8 (Cover: -2) Toughness: 6 (2)
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Environmental Protection, Healing, Relief
Bennies: 5/4 Golden Bennies: 1
Sling stones: 20
First aid kit: 3/3
Rations: 5
Encumbrance: 38/40
Money: 2 pp, 20 gp
All in it Together: Players may share normal bennies with each other.
Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.
Fast Healing: Natural Healing rolls are made once per day.
Golden Benny: These bennies replace the new conviction rules. Use of these bennies will give the player Chi for one action.
  • Reroll one of her failed attacks (even a Critical Failure).
  • Make an enemy discard an attack against her, then reroll it from scratch.
  • Add +d6 damage to a successful Fighting attack made with her hands, feet, claws, or other Natural Weapons (this may Ace).
High Adventure: Spend a Benny to gain the one-time use of a Combat Edge.

User avatar
Roland
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Re: The Road North

Post by Roland »

Roland springs off the wagon and hits the ground ready for a hot bath and some tavern time. Heading in at a faster than average walk he smiles warmly at the staff and chatting a bit explains that he needs some fresh water for a bath and a stout to enjoy while he's in there.

Once that is all done he heads down to join the others. After ordering a meal he thanks the tavern master. "Ah, thanks Mr Thorn. A wonderful establishment." Then heads over the table with his stout refilled. "So, what all did I miss. Its nice to feel clean and having something good to drink."
Roland, 4 bennies 1 Golden Benny
3rd Q 2020 Reset: 4

Post Reply

Return to “Adventures”